Speaker 1: This morning, lady and gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine. I'm like a dog in heat.
Speaker 2: I woke up yesterday morning with us a free advice to start later.
Speaker 1: Please, I could never know what the day was us for. Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key demogram.
Speaker 3: Super duper. That's nice. Fight to go netogay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 2: It is the nineteenth day of December twenty twenty five. Good morning, everybody. Welcome to Friday morning on the Power Trip Morning Show. It's freezing outside, but the roads ain't so bad. Still be careful. My name was Chris Hockey.
Speaker 4: Hei.
Speaker 2: Hey ho, you made it this Friday. Here we go Vikings. We get ahead of us college football tonight, Anamar Tony and how about this Tommy Hoolsaday and John Krasol at the beginning of the show today, you're gonna get crazy in here, So glad you're tuned in. We're gonna do some comedy now and get things started. Here's Mike Vaughan. It's the Power Trip Morning Show on a Friday morning. It's almost Christmas. I hope you feeling good, come out in. I am glad you're here.
Speaker 3: I still miss my family back home.
Speaker 5: I got the grandmother that gives cheap gifts every year, every time Holidays rolls around. She gives socks, underwear, miniature bibbles, things like that that stand near free.
Speaker 3: But she gives it to you as a gift. Right. So last year she gave all the grandkids a gift.
Speaker 6: Cards, which is new.
Speaker 1: She wrapped them up in.
Speaker 5: An envelope so we wouldn't see the amount. She just told us, hey, this is what stores too. So my gift card was the best Buy. I go to best Buy Black Friday, do some shopping. I'm waiting in line for two hours. I open up the envelope.
Speaker 3: It's a five dollar gift card, the best bar dollars. Can you believe that? I couldn't even buy batteries with that gift card?
Speaker 5: Man, I'm standing in best Buy on Black Friday getting skittles.
Speaker 3: Thanks Grandma.
Speaker 7: I'm like a dog and he a freak without reporting, I have an appetite for sex because me so.
Speaker 1: Marny sweet, and I'm like a dog and he.
Speaker 2: Is on your side.
Speaker 8: You hear the distance under this in you stray.
Speaker 9: To say at us, welcome to the.
Speaker 10: Powers for the Morning Show Friday, December nineteenth. We mentioned yesterday, we're gonna mix some elements and see if it gets explosive. Because Johnny k already in the building, John cries, good morning.
Speaker 1: Good morning John.
Speaker 10: That's Paul John, that's Ris John, that zach Hi.
Speaker 1: I normally don't roll in this hot I know.
Speaker 10: Well, also, you have to get here before Tommy Olsen kicks the door down.
Speaker 1: Which will be any minute. So we're gonna mix you two together and see what happens. See what blows up? Yeah, a little like sodium and sulfur. I don't know.
Speaker 10: I don't remember chemistry. I don't remember what makes stuff go chocolate and candy like Marcie playground.
Speaker 7: Yeah, as long as it's not homemade exposives packed into pro paine tanks.
Speaker 1: Got it, We're good.
Speaker 2: Well, let me put these away please. There was a poor choice for Christmas.
Speaker 1: I guess ye. Please tell me you guys stayed up for that game. I did not. I went to games.
Speaker 6: I did not.
Speaker 2: I just I just mcvay's press conference too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, epic, Yeah, it was the best game of the year.
Speaker 2: Say football by the way everybody.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was hyped up like crazy, more than lived up to it.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad then Ben didn't take my business.
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 10: The Rams had a sixteen point fourth quarter lead. The Seahawks score two touchdowns and convert two point conversions on both to tie it at thirty.
Speaker 7: One of which was unbelievable. Lookiest of fluky didn't see that.
Speaker 1: You can explain that.
Speaker 2: God to watch it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's unbelievable. It's in my explanation. Will do it no justice?
Speaker 1: So may I play? It'd be very expens absolutely.
Speaker 11: Three receivers from the left, quick throw here and into a lot of traffic and incomplete terry.
Speaker 1: What do you see on this play here?
Speaker 12: How this may be a backward pass. We need to get a good angle on it. But if it's backward, then then this recovery in the clear and contiguling action in the end zone would be a good two point conversion.
Speaker 2: Seattle.
Speaker 13: After reviewing the play, the quarterback.
Speaker 9: Through a backward path which is recovered in the end zone by the eye and trasconds.
Speaker 13: That is the craziest ever craziest.
Speaker 7: So what happened was Darnold quick step back, quick screen pass to the left like immediate bang bang, but LA was all over it. Defensive lineman gets in, blocks it off his helmet and it just it's incomplete, rolls into the end zone. Zach Charbonnay goes over and just grabs it. I don't even think he thought that it was still live. Just he just I think was being a good kid. Was going to hand it to Yeah, and he was going to hand it to the official. Well then as they're talking, they're like, wait a minute, this looked like it was sideways or backwards either or live ball. They review it, and the issue in why Sean was the first touchdown of the second one? This was the second and so it's like, and if you have volume off, there's no way or the fans in the stadium, Chris, there is zero chance they know what's going on. And so LA goes to get their kickoff team or their kick return team and it's going to be you know, down by LA's going to be up by two and just kind of run it out hopefully, and then all of a sudden, oh, we're going to review this, and you can see the confusion, like, what the hell is going on? We all know as we're watching it, and all of a sudden they come back and say, yeah, put those two points on the board.
Speaker 1: Place went nuts, but there were still what six.
Speaker 7: Minutes left, There was a lot of time left Rams, I mean.
Speaker 1: At that point.
Speaker 7: That was the second three and out that led to that. And then you back up though, when they had the sixteen point lead. Right before that, Darnald throws another pick in the red zone and at that point you feel like this game is probably over sixteen point lead with the Seahawks driving, they turn it over, but the Rams went three and out again, and then that's what led to the tying or touchdown that led to the two point conversion that tied.
Speaker 10: So just insane, gotcha. So they get to thirty thirty, it goes to overtime. The Rams score first, right and get the extra point of Puka Nakua touchdown with the extra point, but then the Seahawks have to score.
Speaker 1: They do. They decide, hey, we've already got.
Speaker 10: Two point conversions, two of them, let's do it again, and they go for the win and they get it and they walk it off thirty eight thirty seven.
Speaker 1: It was just ridiculous. It was so fun. That's ballsy. I love it.
Speaker 7: Those are the two best teams in football, and I don't think it's particularly close.
Speaker 2: Did he say that correctly?
Speaker 1: What's that did?
Speaker 2: It was one play? So the backwards two point conversions? Did you say they didn't run another one?
Speaker 1: I'm talking about overtime?
Speaker 2: Overtime again, I'm sorry, I got it.
Speaker 7: Chris, Chris did in overtime. I know they went for two to win it because LA scores first got the extra point and then sorry.
Speaker 14: They threw it to a guy who hadn't like touched the ball all season.
Speaker 7: Which is why it worked, is because you could see the focus was on everybody else. This was a slow developing play, really ballsy, because Darnold was under duress a fair amount last night.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I loaded in mcphaye's press conference. Yeah, just because about two minutes into it he realizes I'm being a giant d word. Oh really yeah, yeah, yeah, this is really really well. First of all, they're also going to talk about Pooka. Yeah, and the anti Semitic touchdown dance, right so.
Speaker 1: And a tweet he tweeted immediately after he tweeted.
Speaker 2: Right after the game. Yeah, so this is all Sean mcfaye after last night's game.
Speaker 1: Great game.
Speaker 15: I love a football team. This one is a tough one right there. Never seen anything like some of the things that occurred. But you know what, you give them credit, great back.
Speaker 3: And forth battle. But I'm excited about how we're.
Speaker 15: Going to move forward as as a football team. Love this group and we'll respond like we always do.
Speaker 4: Some of the peas.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to explain him.
Speaker 6: They did they export?
Speaker 3: You know they didn't. I've never seen that. That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 10: So buc has just completed something out of you know, kind of taking like.
Speaker 6: A biled shot. There's the reps.
Speaker 3: I mean, what are you what are you talking about?
Speaker 6: You just put something on a later at the points?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, so what are you asking me right now?
Speaker 6: Do you are you?
Speaker 15: I can't answer your questions about something that I'm not aware of.
Speaker 10: But are you okay with players kind of expressing frustration or things like that?
Speaker 6: Or is that something that you vote that they kind of keeping themselves?
Speaker 15: And I got to have more information before I answer any of those kind of questions.
Speaker 2: What conversations have you had with about his live.
Speaker 3: Stream this week?
Speaker 15: Yeah, he was very apologetic I don't think he understood the totality of some of the things. I think he issued that apology. I know this guy's heart and for anybody that was offended, terribly sorry about that. I know he feels that same exact way as a young guy that's a great kid that's continuing to learn about, you know, just the pla platform that he has.
Speaker 10: I love him.
Speaker 15: We're gonna continue to put an arm around him and help him learn and grow. But we never want to do things that ever offend anybody. And I know he feels that same way.
Speaker 12: How well did them those guys coming into onto your property at the facility in a short week as you're preparing for the biggest Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know anything about that stuff. They came on our property.
Speaker 2: He looks at his staff.
Speaker 6: He said one that you were mad.
Speaker 9: I was.
Speaker 3: I don't think that. Maybe did they say my name?
Speaker 6: I said? The boss us.
Speaker 3: Man assumed those He wasn't mad. Yeah, didn't like a distraction this week. No, it wasn't a distraction at all. Did he did you think his play showed that he was distracted? And I didn't think so either. He went off today.
Speaker 15: He didn't you know what and I apologize for you know what. I love this team, and man, when you put out as much as our group does and you care so much about something and you come up short, it's incredibly disappointing. But as it really to just the things that you're asking, you know, we always want to make sure that we handle ourselves with a class learn from it. Will put my arm around him and continue to educate our guys. I love this team, I love his heart. I think he's going to continue to grow and mature, and I'm going to be there right there with him.
Speaker 3: To continue to help do that.
Speaker 15: As far as the other things, I know that that wasn't a distraction. There were some things that came up with you address it and you keep it moving, and I think you know, most importantly, you never want to offend.
Speaker 3: Anybody, and I know that that's where his heart is.
Speaker 15: As well as far as the game's concerned, it was a great back and forth battle between two really good football teams.
Speaker 3: What I was referring to is is that I've.
Speaker 15: Never quite seen anything like what happened on the two point conversion where you're lined up to kick off, then they say it's a fumble because they had the clear and obvious recovery.
Speaker 3: Now you tack it on, you make it a thirty thirty game. Very interesting.
Speaker 15: Didn't get a clear explanation of everything that went on, just because of some of the timing of it. They were trying to be able to do that. But that's the thing that I've said, I've never seen anything or never been a part of anything like that, and I've grown up around this game.
Speaker 3: I'm not making excuses. We don't do that. I don't believe in that.
Speaker 15: It doesn't move us forward, but we do want clarity and an understanding of, you know, the things that we can do to minimize that when we rejected the two point conversion.
Speaker 2: Is there anything harder than self correction, especially in the midst of happening.
Speaker 1: After a devastate You're try.
Speaker 2: To impressed with him right there.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well, I'll defend him on the first the first thing that kind of triggered him, though. I did think that was a really bad question because you can't ask a guy, well, you know, he puts him on on Twitter. It's like, well, the chances that he's seen that already with Chris, you know how busy coaches are right after games. He probably has not seen that, and if he has, he'll respond.
Speaker 1: If he hasn't you better?
Speaker 10: You better in the question, say after the game Puka Akua tweeted, and then say what he tweeted? Do you have a response to that, because after the game Poka tweeted something, and you know your thoughts, and he's.
Speaker 1: Like, what, I don't know what you're talking about? I can't addressed. What are you asking me?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 10: And then I think he does the right thing by saying I'm going to need more information before I just start spitting out whatever you're throwing at me, Like that's.
Speaker 1: Actually the smart thing to do.
Speaker 10: Obviously, Then some of the line of questioning started to get frustrating for Sean after that. But yeah, the first one that kind of sent the ball down the hill there. You got to ask a better question. Yeah, but he didn't self correct. He turned out our media room asks questions in a much better fashion. This seemed like it was someone like back when you guys had me going to winter Park when I was medicated. I mean that's what it sounded like, where it's like, what are you talking about? I don't I have no idea what you're talking about. Can you clarify right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't mind him asking the question because he didn't know if mcveah's senator.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you give it.
Speaker 7: You have to assume that he hasn't because it is right after the game.
Speaker 10: Or you can simply ask it that way. Have you had a chance to see what Pooka tweeted? If he says no, then you say, well he tweeted this, this, this, and this.
Speaker 1: Do you have a response to that?
Speaker 10: But you got to at least say what it is, not just assume that Sean knows what it is.
Speaker 7: And the exact verbiage is, can you say I was wrong, appreciate you Stripes for your contribution, lol? And then he deleted it and it's I don't The officials weren't the problem at all. That was as frustrated as LA was because it's as fluky as hell, But that was the correct call, and it's I'm glad the NFL got it right and that they were willing to just stop everything, say hold on, let's get this corrected now. If that's a noon game on a Sunday, do they do the same thing? Is this because it was the only game.
Speaker 2: That's what I am.
Speaker 1: I thought that was a button bar. No, no, and you know you never know.
Speaker 10: And while you guys, while we were listening to the McVeigh Press Conference Sports and it was running the highlights a thousand out of a thousand times, I would have thought that was an incomplete pass, yeah, I said, I would I would have never thought right that that's going to end up being a two point. Andy almost picks it off in the end zone after it gets batted up in the air, right, he almost intercepts it but drops it and then everybody just stops. And like you said, Chris, it wasn't even like Sharbona was going over there to like pounce on it.
Speaker 1: It was just like to pick it up, just like God, dang it, we're gonna lose. This said.
Speaker 10: He was barely in the barely the ball was right when he picked it up. The ball was though, strange, awesome game.
Speaker 2: Crazy Tom John John Tom Jonathan Great.
Speaker 1: Does anyone call you Jonathan?
Speaker 7: No, because my god given name is John joh Okay h like a toilet and.
Speaker 1: Good call on coming in today.
Speaker 10: Because we realized if you couldn't do big boy job yesterday right then next Thursday is Christmas. The following week We're off on that Thursday as well for New Year's Day.
Speaker 1: Like, we wouldn't have seen you in almost a month, and I've been going the past two weeks. I know, had you guys. Great to see you, guys. It's Christmas time, the best time of the year.
Speaker 10: Tommy's human cocaine, John, what are you human? What Edward Forty's hands or what? I guess something like that. Jack and coke, Yeah, double jacket, double diet, Jack and coke and human cocaine for the next hour plus.
Speaker 1: Christel is here, Tommy Olsen is here. It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 10: Today we got mister z later, Martie Gillner later, Mark Parrish later, William Sowalitch later, up and coming potential superstar in NASCAR. And man, we had some sad NASCAR news yesterday, Chris. I'm sure we'll talk about that at some point. More the Power to a morning show after this.
Speaker 1: I'm the fan.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, Happy Friday, everybody, Merry Christmas and happy Holidays. Let's have your let's hope you're having a good hunt. The thousands in the studio over.
Speaker 1: There, Hawk's daddy.
Speaker 10: Ye, it's my first time with the New News screens, the new camera makeup on or something.
Speaker 2: Brother, yea.
Speaker 1: Great, Tommy, thank you? What's new? What is new? I was in I've been in New York. That was fantastic.
Speaker 2: Going there tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Are you awesome?
Speaker 3: Like Manhattan?
Speaker 1: Are just hanging out?
Speaker 2: No, it's a noon game, so I probably won't get to go over to man cat I wish I was, though.
Speaker 1: I love it the best New Jersey area.
Speaker 2: Right across the water in New Jersey, there's just great restaurants, and we're right on the water there and you can walk like all the way down to where you're looking straight across the Statue of Liberty, then all the way into New Jersey. It's a beautiful walk. So are there.
Speaker 10: Are there places near the hotel where you can put money on the line to potentially win more money?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure you're describing.
Speaker 1: Are there venues? Are there that do that?
Speaker 2: If there's not, I'll just find some people at restaurants to weave.
Speaker 1: Then there are cars that will drive you there.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you're talking about. Where are we going again?
Speaker 1: Yours? Let me look here.
Speaker 16: I haven't seen you guys as a golf one like that's long, that's a long time, buddy, because I saw last time I saw it was mol America.
Speaker 1: I saw that's right.
Speaker 10: Yeah that was almost a month ago. No kidding, God, this time you're flought.
Speaker 2: I just needed to slow down to this.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this time of year, yeah, especially with the kidd Christmas program yesterday, and she was so excited leading up to it. She's like, you're gonna love these songs. And then I love listening to Christmas music. This time of yere just NonStop. And I was driving her to school and Hark the Herald started started playing.
Speaker 6: Turn this off.
Speaker 1: This is what we're singing.
Speaker 7: It's supposed to be a surprise.
Speaker 1: I was like, sorry, kidd, No, she was like unbelievable. Way was trying to dunk on.
Speaker 4: That's great, that's great.
Speaker 7: But she's so proud, so proud, and this time she sang her little heart out instead of last time she just stared at us without singing.
Speaker 1: Only one that.
Speaker 7: Was at the grandparents day, just all the kids are singing. She's just staring at Tom and Denise, just staring, not singing, smiling.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, this time she's winning hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the best dude, I can remember. Alex Is thirty one years old.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I can remember when his last year of preschool they had a Christmas thing, and I can remember standing and there were a bunch of people there. It was like in a big gathering, and I can remember him standing on the second row literally going looking like this like he couldn't see me. And I was standing right there, right like I'm here. Had I literally had to make a fool of myself like I'm right because the look on his faces, like, oh my god, he's not here. You know, he's thirty one years old. Now he's thirty one. And he was a little baby boy, craziest man.
Speaker 1: That's so cute.
Speaker 2: The best world.
Speaker 14: My little one is no longer in a baby infant carson O, my Jesus happens quickly.
Speaker 10: Yes, Yes, he's thick, pretty slid, he's long, he's long strong to get the frictionized.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be left tackle. I don't know, different songs. He's the skinniest lamber.
Speaker 14: At underground, skinny long, and it's a huge head.
Speaker 7: Okay, Yeah, well, your your favorite day of the week was always thick Thursday, right, they named it after you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the name.
Speaker 10: My kiddo had her sixth grade choir concert a couple of days ago, and and walking in because I can't help myself. I'm like, hey, if if they ask for parent volunteers to get up and sing, I'm gonna I'm gonna raise my hand. She goes, you better not, and I'm like, I'm like, I'm just saying though, I'm gonna say yes if they offer.
Speaker 1: She's like, I will kill you. I'm like, no, no, no, no, Like, I'll be nice and subtle about it the whole walk to my school. Convinced that, She's like, why would they ask for parent volunteers. I'm like, I'm not saying they're going to, but if they do, I'm gonna say yes. I love that you run fits on your.
Speaker 7: Like you said the six seven thing, but you still haven't been able to make it uncool.
Speaker 1: No, not yet, keep working.
Speaker 10: No, she she's a sarcastic pain in the butt as well. I wonder who she gets that from. So I leave your mom exactly. No, she gets the vocabulary for her mom. You have a lot of cussing. So no, she can throw the sarcasm, I'm gonna throw it right back at her. So I had her convinced for half the walk that I was going to say, Yes, that's freaking don't you wish I was like grown up choirs? No, no, if you kind of nice there, certainly are.
Speaker 1: Right that we just go sing some is the songs? Yeah you can. By the way, none of these were Christmas songs.
Speaker 10: And by the way, speaking a parent volunteers, the first song they sang was Rainbow Connection.
Speaker 1: I do a pretty good curl.
Speaker 10: No I did not, but so they did. They did like Rainbow Connection. Then they did Mystical Magical by Benson Boone. It's funny to watch a bun just six grade.
Speaker 4: Magico, you know.
Speaker 1: So I'm talking a huge hit, huge h I love Benson Boone. I wonder why, but yeah, course name it song just like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So last night we were at I went to Brian Harper's going away party.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and Brian Harper. Yeah, you're the best.
Speaker 2: Due, you're the best dude. Yeah, congratulations on your new gig. He came out to work for the Las Vegas Knights.
Speaker 1: We're gonna see him again Las Vegas. We'll see Brian Harper, he goes.
Speaker 2: You know, I know you love to come out there, man, So anytime I said, you just ruined your own life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't volunteer. Don't tell us that.
Speaker 2: Yeah he'll be and you know him, he'll be running Vegas in two weeks. You know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Because people think that Sam Darnold was a huge loss for the Vikings. No way, Ryan Harper is a huge loss.
Speaker 2: What a great guy, and what a great guy. I talked to random McDaniel for the first time in years last night. The best in the world. But so I'm you know, Brian's doing his speech and everything like that, and out of nowhere, Bob Hagen walks over to me. He goes, does Corey have a heart of any kind? I don't even know what he was referring, but he was like I said, nope, he had his tear dex removed.
Speaker 1: What was reference?
Speaker 10: I don't even know.
Speaker 1: We never get to discuss it.
Speaker 10: I Bob Hagen loves to stop and chat about at least the best the behind the scenes people at the Vikings. I'm not, you know, I just not like I know the front officer, the I don't know the Wolfs, but the behind the scenes people at the tom Wests, the Bob Hagen's.
Speaker 1: Ryan right, all the pr guys over there, they're just awesome. They're awesome. Yeah, they're so easy to work with.
Speaker 2: What a great group of badass And I don't know, I think you might know him John Crystal. You know Kim, the old head of security. Yeah, right, he was there. I haven't seen him since he retired.
Speaker 1: He could.
Speaker 15: Yeah, no.
Speaker 11: Him.
Speaker 2: Everybody was there. Then it was great, and you know, they showed just some great video, you know, and it was emotional for Harp. But then they mixed and they're great down there. It's the VN people, right, And so they showed old pictures of old videos of him and he's like, he's the guy responsible for the skull chant, He's the guy responsible for the snowfly all that stuff for he created most of the stuff in the Vikings Hall of Fame are there because of him. Like he rescued a field goal post out of a trash keet, Well he didn't. He had people out of a out of one of the dumpsters when they were tearing down the old the facility down at Winter Park because he's like, this is part of Viking Sister. We can't throw that away. So I just anyway, Wow, But so they're they're going through these photos and you know it's emotional. He's young and stuff like that. And they show him, they take up, they show a picture of one of the super Bowls that he was at and somebody's holding the super Bowl trophy who ever, just want it, and then they focus in. Then they focus it again and just in the background, just going hard right, and so everybody laughs, just making a weird face. He's in the background. Two pictures later, they focus in, they focus in, they focus in, and you notice in the reflection on the super Bowl trophy is Brian Hoper Harper's face.
Speaker 1: And that's the only say.
Speaker 2: You can only see it if you just happen to be focusing in on the super Bowl trophy. So he was standing somewhere where his face was on the super Bowl trophies. Just great, man, it was a great night and it was super fun.
Speaker 1: Everybody, is he from Vegas or no?
Speaker 2: He got a big spot, a big spot, Yeah, yeah, that's right, yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: And think of just I mean when the team, when the Vikings moved from Metrodome to us Bank Stadium or TCF from to US Bank Stadium, the ability, like the technology in that building to let him come up with those ideas. So you think of Vegas and the showmanship that's involved with the Golden Knights game and I've never been to but yeah, it just he's going to be perfect.
Speaker 2: The big screens in US big stadium those are because of Harper. Yeah, I mean a lot of the things that I mean just and his team of course. Yeah, wow, man, I love the guy, right, what he does. We're going to miss him.
Speaker 1: He's a good dude. Yes, great dudee, but we'll see him five times a year. He did not die all his ideas yeah yeah really yeah.
Speaker 2: And even if it was somebody else on his team's idea, he had to be the guy that gave it the thumbs up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Incredible.
Speaker 7: And what I'm going to miss most besides just chatting with him and how awesome he is, is when the tailgate lot is on fire and just we're having a great time and I text him Will, when should I be in my seat?
Speaker 1: Because I got to be in my seat for showtime? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Of course, because they kick ass to be like eleven forty one in thirteen seconds.
Speaker 1: Perfect?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: God, you know what's cool though? One more thing, and again, Harp, if you're a listen we love you, man. So he does stats or stats first on the road, So he sits right beside Paul. He's in between p eight and and and Pete, so right in front of me, right yeah, and he's doing the stats. And most of time, if you're doing that job, you got to be watching the game. You can't. And and a lot of people that I know that work for the Vikings, they love the team. They want him to win, but they got a job to do. Yeah, Harper lives for this team. Yes, I'm not talking like he is crushed when the other team scores, when the refs make a mistake, he wants to kill them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, so you don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know many people within that building, or even in any sports teams who are as much of a fan as he is. His last day is Christmas Day. He's going out to get started, and then he's flying back here as a fan to go to the Packers game just because he loves this team so much.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Wow, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: Good dude, man, Good dude, appreciate everything you've done for us men.
Speaker 1: Yes, up frontage Sports. In a second, Tommy Owlesen is here on a Friday.
Speaker 10: John Crazi was here. Initials later eighteen fifteen. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on The Man.
Speaker 1: One Night one Icon.
Speaker 17: The legend himself, Bob Dylan, returns to Minnesota at Mayo Civic Center on May twenty fourth. Don't miss out on a night of timeless hits. Get the full details today kafan dot com keyword calendar.
Speaker 7: These doors are noise proof. You can't hear through them. I still heard you guys laughing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great walking out line. Yeah, I know that Rolodex. Mind's a little different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah's right. The season, this season, what you guys.
Speaker 16: Is okay, I know there's so many traditions this time of year, you guys have one that you guys really look forward to.
Speaker 2: The most welcome back to the Power of Morning show. Everybody, core Like, what was Chris's day at the call? You have me to go, okay, I because first thing comes to mind to me, I'll just Christmas Eve, frozen pizza. It's a Wonderful life on NBC.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's it, dude.
Speaker 2: Oh, Corey, I don't even can't remember, do you If you love It's a wonderful life or not?
Speaker 1: I never seen it.
Speaker 2: Okay, not the latest one, but the one before this. The podcast we like breaks down that film. Really it's so good because there's so much about that movie. I had no idea I've watched it.
Speaker 1: What's that podcast? It's called uh, what Went Wrong? What Went Wrong?
Speaker 2: And it breaks down movies on that.
Speaker 1: You should if you didn't ever, if you never listen to the point break when it's so good.
Speaker 2: It's so good, it's so good, so good. The one again, the one they just did about it's a wonderful life. Like I mean, and we've talked about this before, but Jimmy Steuer wasn't just in the warde was a war hero. Twenty plus missions bombing missions, right, and this was.
Speaker 1: The first one I did. Yeah, first film.
Speaker 2: He got back, and he was worried because the pressure of war aged him so much. He was afraid he wouldn't be able to act again.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, it's not a bit in the movie, that's the real thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he enlisted and was a was a pilot in World War Two, bombing missions more than twenty of them. Distinguished all these metals and stuff like that, even like the friend Harry or George George Jimmy Stewart the main guy.
Speaker 1: Really yeah.
Speaker 16: Oh so then when they like but when Harry goes off, they're making it look like that was him.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, and I didn't think about that. Yeah, I mean because that's part of the film. Yeah for sure, whatever, but oh yeah, so that's nutrition anyway, you Corey go ahead.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I would, I would go backwards.
Speaker 10: I would just say, like, our big, our big thing is doing the tree while watching Elf, which we did like three weeks ago.
Speaker 1: His friend kicks it off.
Speaker 10: No, his friend Tree is not invited. Okay, all right, No we don't. We don't take turns doing the tree. I spoke one of my first cigarettes with Tree in Vegas.
Speaker 1: I believe you.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, that's so sweet.
Speaker 1: Greg's friend straight memory.
Speaker 2: It was lip dude's time, French and a man who just smoked a cigarette. No, there's nothing.
Speaker 1: Says this disease tradition. I like al those Elf your top movie Christmas?
Speaker 10: Uh top movies. I would say Home Alone and Elf or the two that we go to the most. Elf is just so freaking good. I'm surprised that there haven't been many. Maybe I just missed them. Great Christmas movies since then.
Speaker 7: It seems like there was every few years, like you go, Christmas Vacation eighty nine, Home Alones, what ninety four.
Speaker 1: Ninety one?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so then and then you got Elf early two thousand to three, I think, and then kind of nothing since.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, Four Christmas is all time.
Speaker 6: Watch The.
Speaker 1: Four Christmases. You've never seen it, I'm gonna slap your tea words if you waste my time. I'm not kidding. It's worth watching with Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn. Haven't seen it? Oh my god?
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 16: No, it's about like like a family that has all separated, like four different divorced families. It's about me their whole bit, like they just they get away on Christmas, but now like their their flights got canceled, so they have to go to all the Christmases.
Speaker 1: Right, it's so good. All right, we'll check it out. It starts out kind of hot. Five percent. I'll tell you I've seen it. Yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 7: The OC doesn't have great ratings on there though, too, and it's a fantastic show.
Speaker 2: I've watched a Christmas movie that I've never seen before A while ago. I can't believe I didn't tell you guys French Porton, I've seen that.
Speaker 4: You've seen that.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's got like so many stars in it. But it's the one of the Family Stone.
Speaker 1: Do you know that movie? I've heard It's fantastic everyone. It's called The.
Speaker 2: Family Family Stone. It's got every story you can think of. Craig T. Nelson's in it, the lady who just passed away this year, Diane Keat Diane Keaton, isn't it Sir.
Speaker 14: Jessica Parker, you keep going, Rachel mcadam's, Luke Wilson, Peter North, Claire Danes, Steve LOMBARDOZI.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's full of stars. I'd never seen it before. I honestly didn't know it was a Christmas movie. It it is wonderful. Really, it is a great film. Okay, yeah, yeah, it's really really good.
Speaker 7: I got a couple to watch coming out. It's tough though. We've got football tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Football tonight, College of the Massive Game.
Speaker 1: Oh god see.
Speaker 7: I focused on NFL because it would be pretty rude to my wife to just I have my Sunday that I don't do anything the whole day. It would be tough to then really get into college football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then the whole weekend. Some cars run their house and some guys run around their house. I'm a guy that does not run my house. The same idea with you, guys. I can't. But I also am a gentleman. You really are.
Speaker 2: You're the gentleman.
Speaker 1: John gra Glemen John.
Speaker 17: Now for Front Page Sports, presented by Holiday Station Starred Station Stores.
Speaker 1: Get two Red Bulls and get one free by two.
Speaker 10: Get free mixing machine flavors of Red Bull that you want, including the new winter edition Apple, which I tried a week ago or so. It was fantastic. Sendea, but you can try whatever you want. The actress even Da can she can? Do you guys watch eph you I've seen a couple episodes.
Speaker 2: Hiza.
Speaker 10: He right, well, and it's weird, is you know when when Zacho goes yep, that's not for Sydney Sweeney, that's Jacob Alord.
Speaker 2: That white dress she had on this week. Didn'tbody else see those things?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I mean, am I right?
Speaker 1: Am I right?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: I mean Zacho, even you come on, I.
Speaker 4: Mean even I would say Euphoria. I mean yeah, I mean I.
Speaker 1: Give props gloves those are those are new?
Speaker 4: Respect?
Speaker 1: Respect?
Speaker 4: I got the two hat on Brilliant.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of work lugging those things around. That guy's name in it, Jacoba Lordie. Yeah, that's like Cessu's like top Mount Rushmore?
Speaker 10: Dudes, I didn't there, who's on yours? Can we share the Mount Rushmore? Actually he hosted us and l like a year or two ago he did good. Hey we solid the Wild beat Columbus because that's all we do is win.
Speaker 7: To two.
Speaker 1: Now, it wasn't that that like, it was a lot closer than that.
Speaker 10: In fact, it was tied midway through the third juel ericson act with the game winner. Than the Wild added too empty netters Corilla and Boldie, So it was actually a really tight game.
Speaker 1: It was a close game.
Speaker 10: Uh, the Wild of one sixth straight three and oh since Quinn Hughes jumped in the lineup and Hughes me Hughes thirty two minutes of ice time last night, brock Faper just shy of thirty one. Quinn Hughes leads the NHL an average ice time per game at twenty seven minutes and thirty eight seconds. Rock Faber eleventh. So we have two guys that just start like marathon guys out there. But Quinn thirty two minutes last night. It's a lot too.
Speaker 1: That's a lot. Play is nasty now so sick. I wish Parish was here though, to ask the U is he coming in no longer with us here? We're going to ask becausez Thatch probably knows just about.
Speaker 7: I mean, this team is set up to go deep into the playoffs. That much ice time on two of your main defensive players can't be great in the long haul.
Speaker 17: Well you think hopefully won't be for the long hat long haul they have. They're still hoping to get back Jonas brodein very soon. Jake Middleton, I hear is getting closed that Pagosian as well. So they did all they're doing all this with three of their top six d out same so they they had to give more ice time and they're going to and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a fun toil. I'll bring it in some time, but.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean that it's amazing what they've been able to do with all the injuries and everything that they have. They've had every excuse in the world, but they're not they're not doing it. They're everybody's you know, doing their job, and uh yeah, that was a heck of a win last night again, which is crazy to say because where the Wild are on the standings compared to where Columbuses. But every single win you cannot take for granted because this is a beat up team that is playing very good hockey. For most of the time they struggled, but John here, John Hines lit them up and h and they got him going and they won the game.
Speaker 10: Zachary, Obviously, defencemen are on the ice the most, right, yes with me. The first non defenseman is fortieth in average ice time per game.
Speaker 4: A real capriza.
Speaker 1: It's a good guess, but incorrect. Really he is forty seventh.
Speaker 4: Oh is this? Oh this is league wide? Oh boy McKinnon, Oh, non defenseman.
Speaker 10: Kate McKinnon could just get them one gettable like David Connor McDavid is here on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Connor McDavid is Saturday's fortieth. He's fortieth.
Speaker 10: Then there's a handful of defense, and then the second most for an offensive player is careel caprice off.
Speaker 1: Wait go, So if we do win the Cup, do we do the parade in Saint Paul or Minneapolis? They're doing it.
Speaker 17: Well the Sucky thing is it very much feels like the Vikings last year with how great the Vikings were, But then the rest of the division is, you know, so good, and the Wild could very well be a first round exit again, but it would be different for exact.
Speaker 1: Time.
Speaker 2: By the way, you remind me, I got to go by Pleasure World because I need a new Sucky.
Speaker 1: I think they're two for one Christmas. That's red bullet holiday thing.
Speaker 10: The Wolves host the Oklahoma City Thunder tonight at eight thirty, the best team in the NBA at Target Center, taking on the Timberwolves.
Speaker 14: Yeah, they're seven and a half point dogs and they're coming off a back to back, that being the Thunder.
Speaker 1: Thunder one last night one twenty two one on one over the Clippers. The Thunder are twenty five and two. Is ANT playing?
Speaker 18: I would hope you'd hope I take the Wolves of ANT starts, but I need the points by Yeah, I'd give you the point for sure.
Speaker 1: Come on, baby, sure I'll take Yeah, yeah, sure, sure, that's only if ANT starts. Only if ANT starts, Is that fair? Of course?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, book it, yes, Okay, We're back Bam Oklahoma. Man.
Speaker 14: I that's a tough uh bet, because I think it's the head poem of I think point and a half. I think the head coach Obama is one foot out the door. I think he's going to Michigan.
Speaker 4: Do you really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Why would you leave Bama for Michigan? Because I don't think he's well liked in Alabama?
Speaker 3: Nobody.
Speaker 1: There's too much pressure there to yeah yeah, oh man really yeah yeah. But if you go to Michigan you can't even bang your staffers.
Speaker 2: Plus this colder who's got a point too.
Speaker 1: They'll fire you.
Speaker 2: God, what about the Arizona we never met?
Speaker 11: Corey?
Speaker 1: Wow, that's hot. Didn't Bama just kill Oklahoma like two weeks ago?
Speaker 6: Two?
Speaker 1: Was it two weeks or that ninth week of the year.
Speaker 4: Yes, see, let's look big, Dusty.
Speaker 1: I don't know, we'll see. I think Ohio States winning the whole thing. You want to bet on that they lost nineteenth?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 14: They Oklahoma beat bad Yeah, Oklahoma beat Bama twenty three to twenty one.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Yeah, November fifteenth, that's it? Sorry, November fifteenth? Or was it just a few weeks ago?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, okay, I'll tell I'll take Bama if you don't want him core You want the action. I know you don't. You have like a new no bet thing that's like that's been a new thing the last month. You get action.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, Watch Sportsneymore again, watch sports Cnymore.
Speaker 2: Well, Corey is in there.
Speaker 1: It doesn't sound like me.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: Imitation is like the most sincere form.
Speaker 2: Of flat sound like you think you sound Cory nailed it.
Speaker 1: That's what I sound like. Mister Z sounds like mister Z.
Speaker 10: Will talk to him in a second about some movie news some uh you know what are those things called studios studio like.
Speaker 1: The studio news.
Speaker 10: Yeah, because obviously this this Netflix thing is getting dicey. We'll talk to him about that. Talk to him about some day probably. This is the Power Till Morning show on the Van.
Speaker 1: Hey Rooves.
Speaker 17: It's the holiday season and Bell Bank is giving one cafe listener each week one thousand dollars to pay it for it to a charity of their choices. Set over to campeg dot com, Blur Morning or today that's cafe dot com. Heward contests, you got a problem, sure to, sure do, Sure do, Welcome back nine.
Speaker 2: The problem right now is we've had poor mister Z on hold for way too long.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 10: Hey, all right, we talked a little bit about Avatar last week, but let's briefly talk about it again. It's the third one. It's gonna be gigantic. How big are we talking for Avatar? Avatar? Excuse me, Fire and Ash?
Speaker 19: You have normal big. I was just I just was looking through some stuff and I realized we're like almost exactly one year away from Avengers Doomsday next year. Hell yeah, yeah, and uh, editor's not you know, that's Avatar's not going to be Avengers film as usual. It's it's a it's a three to hour long film. It's visually fantastic in the movie itself is fine, you know, one of those things. So it's you know, it's gonna do a couple hundred million dollars and that's always nice. But it's not gonna send any records or anything compared to the previous Avatars. But it's perfectly fine. And over the holidays there's a ton and ton of ton of people are going to go see it.
Speaker 10: Rollingstone dot Com just the headline of David Fear's review of Avatar Fire and Ash. Avatar Fire and Ash is the most expensive video game cut scene ever made.
Speaker 1: That's funny, it's not wrong, right, newspaper? Oh cut?
Speaker 6: Is that a good?
Speaker 1: Is it a good thing? Well?
Speaker 10: You know, you know what a cut scene is in a video game like flash movie mode exactly if you're.
Speaker 1: Playing like Grand Theft Auto.
Speaker 10: But then there's a forty five second kind of al clip right where the story is progressing, and then you go back to controlling the characters. But for forty five seconds, you're just watching a movie, right, and you go back to art. And I haven't even clicked on this because I don't have a subscription to Rolling Stone. It's a lot like the start of Beaute as soon as I hit the paywall. But the headline is essentially that that's what this is. This is the most beautiful, most expensive video game cut scene of all time.
Speaker 18: But what if that brings me allt to joy when I'm playing video And that's that's why as mister Z, as much as people dump on Avatar one and two, that's what you can't take away from the movie.
Speaker 10: It's it's freaking beautiful, Like the detail is unbelievable. It's definitely a movie that plays better in theaters than it does at home, and it's not even fause well, and you know.
Speaker 19: I mean Rolling Stone, you know what awesome magazine growing up, especially their movie reviews have really gotten snobyer and snobyer over the years, and so there is in the air, and it's good for them. But the thing that I think Hollywood has forgotten the last five years and they stopped making movies is that movies are supposed to be entertaining. And I know they think it's high art, and that's cool. There should be some high art, but movies, like I was explaining some the other day, one of the first movies made for people to see. A guy just went out long, long, long time ago and set up a camera on a railroad track as this train was coming really close to the track, and they filmed the train coming and then going by, and then they bring it out and they show it a haul full of people and they put it on a big screen and people like freaking out because the train's coming right out because they've never seen anything like it before. That's what movies are for. They're kind of supposed to be entertaining. Now, it's cool if once in a while they're both entertaining and good, But so after entertaining, and that's what we want, especially when you're going out with your family, go see something that's entertaining.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about the studios.
Speaker 10: I know you and I were texting yesterday that in the last couple of weeks this Netflix thing is going to end up probably trickling back to.
Speaker 1: The studios as well.
Speaker 10: What can you tell us about, like the Warner Brothers, Paramount, whatever else is involved with this next Netflix debacle?
Speaker 1: What's going on.
Speaker 19: The first thing I found out is that a lot of people are I was talking with some I was actually just finished doing a community musical, which just kind of throw a lot. I think it's the proud that I get to do it once. But people and they were saying, yeah, Warner Brothers bought Netflix, and I'm like, oh, hold on, back up a little bit. I mean Netflix about Warner brother Netflix didn't buy anything. Netflix has made an offer that Warner has agreed to, but we are really long time from that actually happening. If if it goes through, it's maybe a year from now. The government's got to get involved and find out. It's like Walmart buying Target. You're like, hold on, you know, we gotta you know, it has all kinds of things that has to pass on top of that. Interestingly, Paramount made higher up for Warner between the owner of Paramount and so paramounts now in a hostile takeover move to take over Warner and the and the instead of Netflix.
Speaker 10: Rec Yeah, like, is whether it a twenty billion or something like that more the hostel takeover off?
Speaker 1: It was way more.
Speaker 19: Yeah, well, if I remember the per share thing, so Netflix is offering twenty seven dollars per share, Paramount is trying to go out and buy them privately at thirty dollars per share, which is yeah, significant difference. But Warner, the new guy who owns the Ellington that owns Paramount tons and tons of money Warner claims is all really fascinating. I'm sure Warner claims that Ellingson isn't personally backing this, that if they want to know that it's guaranteed money, no matter what happens, they're getting their money. Paramount is saying, yes, we are personally guaranteeing it. So it's we're a long. And then Hollywood's thrown out there that the directors, you remember what happened when HBO went day and date with theatrical A couple years ago.
Speaker 1: What's his face?
Speaker 19: Our Odyssey director left said Warner, I'm not going to work for movies on on TV instead of in theaters. Christopher Nolan and basically every actor has said, if you're thinking you're going to make movies for Warner that aren't going theatrical, we're you know. So there's so much yet to happen with.
Speaker 10: This, mister Z.
Speaker 2: Back to movies in theaters for a second. One of my things to do on my birthdays is go to the movies, and I can't wait to go to see Anaconda. Have you seen it yet?
Speaker 19: Trying to remember if I if the reviews are out yet. Yes, yes, I've seen Anakanda. I'm not he's going to give any plot or anything, but gotcha?
Speaker 2: Should should? Can you say? Should? I look forward to it? Can you say that? Or is that too far?
Speaker 19: Well, it's it's a comedy. Yeah, here's what I think the way.
Speaker 1: The reviews are not out yet, mister Z. Just so you know the reviews are not out. I put you in basketball well.
Speaker 19: To be fair to who review movies for a living in as fear as they are the movie, I believe was an R rated film that they decided to chop back to a PG thirteen, which isn't a bad thing. It really needs to be PG thirteen. But Jack Black, Paul Rudd or you know, I mean in a in a Christmas comedy, there's a lot of people in Instead.
Speaker 10: Of going to that movie, I just realized, what sauce you've been accused of looking like Jack Black?
Speaker 1: Your brother is an uglier version of Paul Rudd. How do we how do we make.
Speaker 10: Sauce and dove into like an Anaconda kind of cosplay situation?
Speaker 1: How do we make only.
Speaker 2: The movie?
Speaker 1: It'd have to be called Garter Snake or whatever.
Speaker 3: Where's your time up?
Speaker 1: Time anyway? All right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 10: No, Anakona looks like a crazy idea. What about what about Marty Supreme? Because Shallamy is all in, he's like so proud of his work and this, and that's fine.
Speaker 1: He's he thinks he did a great job.
Speaker 10: But Marty Supreme ninety six percent, it's a movie about him being a ping pong savants.
Speaker 19: Correct, very interesting decision. That's a Christmas Day release, and you the Christmas movies are a little light hearted. This is a very serious movie. Shelony is fantastic and everything does not breaking any news. I'm not sure who the audience is, if it's adults or if it's young people, because Shellmy appeals to a certain age group a lot of times. But it's not like a fun, silly Christmas. It's not wanker by any means. And so the only thing I think show I think that movie. I don't know how it's going to find this audience. Who it's four because if you're a family of a bunch of kids of different ages, I'm not sure you're rolling out to Marty Supreme, not Christmas. Taylor read on some Blue, which might surprise song and Blue might do a little more business.
Speaker 10: Okay, Marty Supreme is rated R and it's two and a half hours long.
Speaker 1: Yeah is the drama you know?
Speaker 19: So yeah, it's not your fun. Get our pg's on, grab a blanket and get some pop print and watch Marty Supreme.
Speaker 10: It sounds like that's ely what I was going to do. All right, misters, anything else you want to bring up?
Speaker 19: We're I just was.
Speaker 1: Looking for next year.
Speaker 19: I'm super excited we have a next sure where we're going to be. We're starting to get it back to normal. And like I said, a year from now with Avengers do.
Speaker 1: Today And all right, dude, you're the best, Thanks bro, All right back yet Christmas, mister Jersey, he's angry so at Rolling Stone.
Speaker 10: There's the list hates Rotten Tomatoes and hates Rolling Stone. But the thing that's the thing that sucks is I don't even know if the article ripped the movie right, because I'm not paying.
Speaker 1: For its supposed to be free. It's the Internet. As soon as I hit the pay wall, I'm like, no, never mind, headlines enough. Mister Z's great.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, what really matters?
Speaker 2: She was talking to was so afraid, so sorry he asked that question. Though, there's a guy in the community theater. Hey, blah blah blah, b.
Speaker 1: Get out here.
Speaker 10: We should we should pay people's hand randomly hand people twenty dollars and go go over to that guy and tell him you saw the Rotten Tomatoes score and SpongeBob.
Speaker 2: I think this is how the other conversations. What hey, you know mistress over there, Yeah, did you go to Vietnam? I think you just had a flashback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's the best tomatoes. What really matters is next, Scores and stats around the World of sports.
Speaker 10: Bonus Tommy Olsen on a Friday, John Criesel is here as well more of the Power to Morning Show After this.
Speaker 17: Make memories this winter at the twenty twenty six IIHF World Juniors in Minnesota to the best young hockey players in the world. Compete for goldburn the family and experience the excitement, gets your tickets, stay at and then Sports Events Dot Org.
Speaker 10: All right, let's do what really matters, scores and stats around the world of sports. And then John and Tommy Chris will change your life with something else that's more interesting. Ye all right, this is the opposite because this does really matter. Chris and Zach. I know you guys are both big NASCAR fans. We're gonna have William Sawallach who's an up and coming pro sick stock car racer. The NASCAR world, in the racing world rocked yesterday when NASCAR great Greg Biffle and his family died in a plane crash.
Speaker 1: He was fifty five years old.
Speaker 10: His wife, Christina died as well, their fourteen year old daughter and five year old son, and three others. Apparently, the plane tried to return and land. And I'm sure most of you have seen the video of the fiery crash. It's awful, awful, so everybody on board died. I believe it was seven total. Greg Biffel, fifty five years old.
Speaker 2: This is from my time when I was truly involved heavily in NASCAR. And you know, I don't know if you felt the same way Aszacho, but when I saw that that plane crashed at that airport in particular, I was like, oh no, like any plane crash at any port obviously, but that is the NASCAR airport.
Speaker 1: Like, which one is it again?
Speaker 2: It's the little one that just Statesville's Statesville. Sorry, that's the name of it. Yeah, that's like everybody lives in that area. It's just that's the home base for NASCAR and Biffle. You know, this is a guy who was during the Jeff Gordon, Dalleernhardt senor early Dalernhard Junior era, the late Bill Elliott era. I mean, this guy was winning a lot of races and a great racer and that's just shocking and terrifying. I don't even know what to say about it, but he was a he was a very very good racer, won a lot of races and wasn't exactly a huge personality in NASCAR, but somebody that won a lot enough races to be prominent.
Speaker 17: And so easy to root for, you know, even if you know if your favorite driver was out or whatever, you know, number sixteen, it was one of those drivers you'd like to see win, just because he was such a good dude. And then of course his heroic efforts during Hurricane Helene, flying his own helicopter into the mountains and literally saving lives. I mean, he arguably made a bigger name for himself last year during those efforts and did so much in that short time, you know, more than his entire career and obviously well decorated career, won the Truck Series Championship, won the Infinity Series, bost Series back then, and just it's such a wonderful, wonderful dude.
Speaker 4: The whole family.
Speaker 17: The fact that an entire family was wiped away is absolutely heartbreaking, the kids and and everybody involved, and then obviously the three others on the plane as well.
Speaker 4: So horrific, tragic. Not sure what the heck happened.
Speaker 17: I hope we get some answers at some point, but thanks for everything, Greg Biffel dead way too soon.
Speaker 10: So my apologies, I didn't see the update. Was he flying the plane or do we not know who the pilot was or how does that work? They have not confirmed exactly who was flying. He was certified, he was FA certified to fly, he had to obviously have a partner and they had. The basically we do know is they had two FA certified pilots on board. But we'll find out hopefully.
Speaker 6: More or on that.
Speaker 2: I stay too right.
Speaker 17: No, no, like there were clouds, and it sounds like there was almost certainly in trouble because they took an immediate turn after taking off.
Speaker 4: They they went around and then they were well, it.
Speaker 17: Clearly looked like they wanted to obviously come back, and so they went back in the direction of the airport. What's interesting is they were lined up for the runway as they were losing altitude, and they for whatever reason took a weird rite and then tried to go the opposite way and the runway that they were already kind of trying to line up, so visibility could have been bad. And that's again we'll find out the investigation. But it's a lot of pilots are trying to figure out the ones I've that have analyzed the data that we do have, trying to figure out what that happened, because not good.
Speaker 1: All right, that's a terrible story. So that actually does matter. But what matters less is this, Ah yeah me.
Speaker 2: See, astronomers will get a rare close up look today at a commet from another Solar System. Comment three i Atlas will pass within one hundred and sixty eight million miles of Earth this evening, a safe distance and yet close enough to give scientists an opportunity to study the gases released from the comet. The trajectory of three Iadlas shows it originated from outside the Solar System and will eventually return to interstellar space. Space enthusiasts can watch the comet flyby while they're high tonight.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 10: Remember this is the one that just a week or two ago, hot ass Randy believed was a space ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he thought it was a mothership.
Speaker 2: Is that the same one?
Speaker 4: Same? Wow?
Speaker 14: Okay, Yeah, he thought it was a mothership carrying I don't know, alien beans, definitely alien.
Speaker 2: Alien beans like to grow plants.
Speaker 14: Yeah, like they grow plants, yeah, Jack and the bean stock. Yeah, he thought it was aliens and the bean stock.
Speaker 17: I believe Max was raising money for scientists to study the gases released in that room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they gave up. They all left with pink eye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I've been seeing Max in a while.
Speaker 10: But yeah, So explain what Chris means, Sauce when he says it's out it came from outside of our solar system?
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 10: Me?
Speaker 14: That means that there is a group of rocks that form a meteor or in this case at thirty one mm hm, and they don't know where it came from, and it's.
Speaker 1: Outside of our solar systems? I mean that What does that mean? You saw?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 10: What does that?
Speaker 1: What does it mean?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 1: I think it means that what is our solar system? Like the Milky Way? That's our galaxy? That was a test you passed?
Speaker 3: Did you want to know?
Speaker 2: I don't know what is our solar system?
Speaker 6: I don't do space.
Speaker 1: Our solar system is the Sun and the planet plans.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what's that called?
Speaker 1: Just called our solar system?
Speaker 2: Our solar system to have a name, I don't think.
Speaker 1: So how big is it?
Speaker 7: Do you know?
Speaker 2: About nine inches?
Speaker 9: That's a huge.
Speaker 10: That's a good question. Because our solar system have a name. Way, that's our galaxy.
Speaker 9: I can't say what that.
Speaker 2: Apparently the official name is the solar system.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I was gonna say, I don't think it does. That is pretty We got a name it, right, let's name it d n B.
Speaker 1: You could sell the naming rights for a lot of money.
Speaker 2: I bet Krusty Sock. Yeah, if you got a betterman, bring it up.
Speaker 1: But you're right. We named our star the Sun.
Speaker 10: Why can't we name our solar system something besides our solar system?
Speaker 4: Some Greek mythology works.
Speaker 14: Yeah, they said that it's also known as the heliocentric system, oh.
Speaker 4: Helios Helio because it is around the Sun, or the.
Speaker 1: Coppernic system Copernicus. My god, do we know? Are there other solar systems out there? Like like only like almost an infinite number?
Speaker 10: Sure, Sorr, it just one full of dudes. I don't know if that one't exists. But I'll get back to you if I find out. Volunteer space Tommy's final for what's.
Speaker 4: The dude, sitch?
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, you want to find the black hole, Tommy?
Speaker 10: Something like two hundred billion stars just in our galaxy, the Milky Way and there's it's insane a number of galaxies that none of us can comprehend thinking about it, because then you realize we are infinitely small, right, where a never ends saying a spec of dust is not even fair, right, We're not even a dust.
Speaker 2: It's it's It's even more fascinating to me is the idea of like, so this is everything right, all the stars as far as you can see what's on the other side of it? Yeah, right, I don't know, Well that's the point. As far as the side of.
Speaker 1: It, nothing, no way to know.
Speaker 2: The brains can't come up with the idea of what might be because we have to have we can't imagine in reality, we can't imagine infinity.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And if you if you have jazz cabbage and start thinking about you have to hit control out delete.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, way, and even if space is empty right and quote feels like our version of nothingness, but the other side of the universe would be true nothing and what does that even mean?
Speaker 2: And again, comprehend comprehended. And that's something brilliant.
Speaker 4: As John said, if anybody just took an edible, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 13: Yeah, a little bit early. It's a podcast Friday in Yeah, he's on his buffalo.
Speaker 10: The Minnesota Vikings are at the New York Giants at noon on Sunday, right here on the fan, your home from Minnesota Viking Football. Eight straight losses for the Giants. They have nothing to play for. They are two and twelve. The Vikings also mathematically out of the playoffs, so we're talking just playoff positioning and progress.
Speaker 1: For JJ McCarthy, they are six and eight.
Speaker 2: Let's go except some fun.
Speaker 7: The NFC playoff race is intriguing. We've got, especially this game coming up Saturday night with the Packers and Bears, I mean the winner. If the Bears win it, they're obviously clearly in the driver's seat for the NFC North and Green And then if Detroit wins, then Green Bay's out. Not eliminating, but for the moment they'd be out and Detroit would be the seventh it is.
Speaker 1: It's going to be great, real greasy and stretch.
Speaker 14: The end is going to be outstanding and the Vikings Packers game should probably matter for them at least.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, it should for sure, which is good because like you, I think it was you yesterday that said it, Corey, was that we want to see McCarthy playing in games that matter.
Speaker 1: And then find a way to lose though. Yes, no, oh yeah, Victor, Victor.
Speaker 7: Quay with if he's not here, If he's not here, well that would be ideal for me. I would be happy with that. But no, monster, once you go back to your weird solar system.
Speaker 10: Him picked up by the Mothership on its way past Earth. Yeah, I don't know how, Yeah it does. Rand is this like Heavan's gate. Does Randy want to get on the mothership or he just acknowledges that it is the Mothership.
Speaker 14: But the thing with Randy is Randy is so conspiracy theory based that he thinks that Atlas thirty one or whatever is a conspiracy about a conspiracy, that there's like something else behind it that they're like distracting us with this. I mean there's something else. I don't know, a reception. Yeah, like there's like this is over here, but there's something over here that they're so.
Speaker 10: The mother is nonsense, it's nonsense. It's just it's a conspiracy theory distraction.
Speaker 1: Look, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Actually, I could buy.
Speaker 1: Into that little low distraction here.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Well, he doesn't get he doesn't know what the actual conspiracy is he just knows this isn't the one.
Speaker 1: This isn't the one that was on that is on camera, this it was on this date.
Speaker 2: And what year do you guys think a Christmas Carol was first published?
Speaker 14: The state in?
Speaker 10: What year?
Speaker 1: That's Dickens, So that's gotta be what eighteen hundreds we got eighteen Tommy got excited for.
Speaker 10: I'm going to say eighteen, let's go eighteen eighty two, ninety eighteen nine.
Speaker 1: I don't know something like that. I was gonna say that might be way off. Eighteen ninety eight.
Speaker 2: Eighteen go ahead, sixty nine, eighteen forty three, eighteen thirty three.
Speaker 7: That's back when Arthur's times alright, p do you think he read? Charles Pikins probably did? All right, Sauce poker face. How many characters do you believe Sauce can name from a Christmas Carol?
Speaker 1: Three?
Speaker 2: Well, no, no, no, sorry, six, two, six.
Speaker 1: I think it's two. I think it's one to four. I think it's one.
Speaker 6: I see what.
Speaker 10: I know what Chris's angle is, but I don't know if that's going to be right. We'll see if he is right. He's going to be the closest I think it's two.
Speaker 1: It's two or five. It is two or five.
Speaker 10: I agree because six is all of them. Six is the only six that I can name. You know what I'm saying. But I'm just saying, but those are the six. Yeah, those are the six. I can't I don't know anybody else besides those six.
Speaker 2: One that's a wild card.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, sauce as many as you can. Ebenezer, Yep, what stage? Okay, Marley, what's his first name?
Speaker 1: Bob? I mean, we're gonna give you credit for that.
Speaker 4: I don't know what. Uh crotchety Marley?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 14: Is it like the ghost of the Christmas Past? President future Chris nailed it? Yep, that's what we weren't sure you were going to get. And who's the other one?
Speaker 1: Isn't there?
Speaker 4: Like uh the kid that like begs for more porridge that's always too cold?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That's uh Tiny Tim.
Speaker 4: Wow, damn the boy Hawk, thank you.
Speaker 1: I believe that that's real. Tiny series serious.
Speaker 4: Was not the one that lately?
Speaker 1: That guy's ter r I p.
Speaker 7: The is it like two thousand and nine version of the Disney version of a Christmas Carol. It's scary because it's like the even Polar Express. I hadn't seen it. We watched it recently.
Speaker 1: Same.
Speaker 7: It's a great story, but it is like computer graphics and the CG I hadn't quite got.
Speaker 14: It's a little it's a little bit like watching the video game Yeah, where you're like, yeah, we watched it yesterday for the first time.
Speaker 1: I've never seen it. It's good.
Speaker 7: The Christmas Carol though, the Ghost of Christmas Present. Oh, he does his laugh his ass off like on the Jazz Cat Hard.
Speaker 1: Hilarious.
Speaker 2: Jim Carrey when you're talking about right, Yes, yeah, the Muppet one is outstanding.
Speaker 1: What's Marley's first name, Jacob, Jacob Marley.
Speaker 2: I've always loved the Bell Murray scrooged.
Speaker 1: Yes, I need to see that podcast, dude. It's very good, very very classic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is a classic.
Speaker 10: Yeah, all right, one more segment with Tommy and John. Then I assume you got big boy jobs to get to. Marty will be hearing a little bit, Parish will be hearing a little bit about eight o'clock. Williams so Wallach up and coming NASCAR superstar. Let's hope he's a big deal, right, Eeden Prairie's own Yeah, nineteen years old let's see where this kid can go, but he's going to play initials. He'll be here about eight. This is the Power Trim Morning Show on the Fan