Speaker 1: It was a grand casino in the next year, including Journey on October Forest Smashing Pumpkins on October thirteen. Tickets are on sale now. I'll get all the details at cafegn dot com.
Speaker 2: You read calend every Monday and Thursday.
Speaker 3: On the Powers Morning Show, we're joined by Ben Lieber of Twin Cities Live, formerly of the Minnesota Vikings, formerly of the San Diego Chargers, formerly of the Saint Louis Rams, which he loves.
Speaker 2: Tell me, Hey, how's Saint Louis? I go it sucks? Was did you have da have good barbecue?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: Sure? Yeah? Not that sad? Sure? Sure? Yeah? So Saturday? Yeah, Silus style ribs. I guess Yeah what year were you there? You remember twenty eleven? Oh, it's even after like Nellie's Prime.
Speaker 4: I was just about to say, Nellie's the only thing Saint Louis has got going for.
Speaker 5: Well, apparently I never saw him in the building, but apparently he would.
Speaker 2: Just show up, just show up, just like hang out. Really, Yeah, it's pretty sick. Was that?
Speaker 6: Was that?
Speaker 2: Like the I would like Albert poolhost days?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah it should have been. I never made it down. I never made it down.
Speaker 5: To a game, but that really was what the city cared about the most.
Speaker 4: They won twenty eleven. I think the car did they well when you were with the Vikings. Did Owl City ever walk in and say Hi, only City, brilliant City, Thanks Fireflies or do you know any other song?
Speaker 2: I don't. I didn't like it when it first came out, but it's awesome. Yeah, I'm kind of with you. It grew on me, and then I liked that he had a song called Hello Seattle. It was hi.
Speaker 4: I think at least a single that did something. What's his name, Adam something.
Speaker 3: Adam owl City, maybe Hell, Adam Hoots.
Speaker 2: Adam, Adam, Adam Young Young Seattle. He's from Minnesota, though he's from all the time.
Speaker 1: And he apparently helped with like some of the Apple Ringtones back in on iOS seven, twenty thirteen.
Speaker 2: So some of the Ringtones you here, he's I guess behind him. You get paid for that? Oh ringtone money? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Sure, he's the real deal. Every time somebody really rings it, could you boy made?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Im? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Was like, why would we release these singles for we get like ten cents? Why are we releasing ring tones where we get there five bucks?
Speaker 2: And we get four fifty of it or whatever. Yeah, we should bring up Acon Bear, dude, some.
Speaker 1: I think you might have the song of the summer this year. There's a song by Akon oh Akon just came out. It is these I think it's the song of the Summer of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: It just came out. Yeah, it just came out. Still making music like that. That was like fifteen years ago. Oh no, no, it's it's gonna be no. The either coming to town. They're a mystical link theater. There's a him neo right yea, yeah, they've been going all around the world. Yourenogo Falsetto on a podcast the other day. He looked pretty good. I didn't pay t pain t pain like think of like, think of that Mount Rushmore. Yeah, because the golden era.
Speaker 9: That was middle school dances, grind And what if what if Owl City made so much money from fireflies and ring tones that he just buys the city of al Watana and then renames it Owl City.
Speaker 2: He should buy the twins.
Speaker 3: I think we all, including myself, are massively overestimating how much money Owl City has.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think we are. I'm sure he's doing fun. Yeah, I'm sure he's doing just mailbox money. You think he toured? Yeah, oh yeah, sure he was massive. Yeah, four mil.
Speaker 4: He's worth four mill quick Google search. I see, I would guess more than that. Yeah, I think that's on the low side.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, he's collabed with a lot of people, too, right.
Speaker 5: And your rage song Carli Ray or something like that.
Speaker 2: I think so and more and more than that.
Speaker 4: It wasn't just like just her that one song, but Fireflies was the one, like big one, massive number one hit.
Speaker 3: He hit number one, almost positive hit number one because I think I think it was Minnesota's first number one hit since.
Speaker 2: Saw What was that song called no, No, No, No No?
Speaker 3: Late nineties, we had like an R and B group, No, I cried, no, It'll come to me, hang on, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this is a bit No, it's not a bit.
Speaker 4: Next?
Speaker 2: Yes, oh yeah, yes, thank you? Next. Next, Next is a Minneapolis We had a number one. We had a number one song late nineties. What the hell was the name of that ye? Too close, too close? Thank you? Got bang?
Speaker 3: I think that was the gap from too Close to Fireflies? Was the gap in number one songs from Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Somebody fact checked that Rex.
Speaker 4: Remember the T shirt we saw yesterday, Yeah, we saw a lady in a too short T shirt just walking around Midias.
Speaker 2: Too short. He's got some whalers shirt T shirt. Who doesn't.
Speaker 4: How about his biggest song came out when he was like forty something, like the Blow he made, Blow the Whistle, and he was like.
Speaker 2: Forty two.
Speaker 3: Wasn't We're going around in the world here, Let's just throw this out there. Has anybody confirmed that Cisco still lives in Maple Grove?
Speaker 2: Does? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Guy, he came on our show on Fox last year. Yeah, he still lives around here, and he talked about mailbox money. He flexed on us, Dog, Yeah, he shouldn't share because he was like, uh, he was having a concert, like some type of benefit concert or whatever, and he was saying we were asking him about performing and he just looked at me and he was.
Speaker 2: Like, trust me, Dog, I do not need to be performing. Cisco, Well, then why does he need a red target? Right? He doesn't need to say five percent?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 2: The thong song kind of bang.
Speaker 4: Everyone morning to everybody, and he like always hauled the rights to it, so every time you hear it, anywhere, and then you think about all the different like aerobics classes and cycling classes that have different remixes and stuff.
Speaker 2: He gets bank off of that song, Ron Johnson.
Speaker 3: Ron Johnson once told me that he was going to get Cisco to play initials, and I think Ron got back to me about four weeks later. Yeahsco got back to you. Ron just showed up with platinum blond air.
Speaker 2: Pretend. What's that's all he's got? Right, he doesn't have a back. He had a moment, But I mean that song was everywhere and that video was heard a couple He had a couple of songs I feel. Yeah for sure. Album was called like Enter the Dragon was a huge deal. Yeah whatever, it was huge deal. And is it just him? Is that you have a band?
Speaker 4: Well, he was in Drew Hill, which is an R and B group that came out beforehand. So yeah, yeah, yeah, they had their own reality show and everything. They had a bunch of bangers.
Speaker 2: Really Oh yeah yeah? How old is he? Do you think?
Speaker 4: See that was that was coming up on coaster? Yeah yeah, I guess he is. He in his mid fifties. Maybe it just sits at the crib and just games all day. Oh, hell yeah, really yeah, yeah, he's got a twitch stream and everything.
Speaker 2: It's game. That's a good life, dude. He was young and he came out then, no kidding, good for Cisco. So does he like got family, kid's wife, all that stuff?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I think so, yeah, I know he's got I think he's.
Speaker 2: Got a daughter born in nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 4: Well he had a I think he had a cousin or something that or maybe it was his wife's family lived here and they had like a family member that got sick and then they came here.
Speaker 2: And then he just ended up saying, yeah he really likes Minnesota. That's sweet. Hell yeah, m apparently one of three brothers, Cisco, Costco and Crisco.
Speaker 10: He ever goes to a golf game, what if he is if he's a closet golf guy, you know, he could be, could be Benny excited.
Speaker 4: For him a lot of a lot of closet and people, are you actually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, cor do you hear that say that again? Now we have it on records and that I'm super excited for your party. It's gonna be super fun. I mean I didn't say I was gonna be there. I got excited for your party. Oh god, I already had my own new outfit, already bought it. It's for October. It's great. I believe you you'll be inspired by something else. Yeah, you're probably right. Yeah, like you guys, it's gonna be so fun. What is your No, No, I actually bought new Jordans. I'll show you. That's all you're gonna wear. No, the Jordan's six at the Moon. Just some JS and some georts. Yeah, it would be to have a party. George parties are fun. Oh yeah, just go John on the oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had to a George party?
Speaker 4: College?
Speaker 2: You remember when when I was in college, georts were just georts? Yeah? You weren't a gag? Were you like baggy Georg's era was that you? Yeah? Kind of the nineties were kind of baggy clothes area right core? Oh yeah yeah?
Speaker 3: Long well, and after the Fab five, everybody wore like athletic shorts down you know, halfway past your knees.
Speaker 2: That sucks.
Speaker 3: You had to wear long shorts the whole. That's why even though everybody wears shorts that are like now halfway up their thighs. Yeah, I grew up in the air where it was way past your knees, Like that's just how it went out. Yeah, So I just man, I just don't get I get really uncomfortable if it's above the knee.
Speaker 2: It feels weird. Really yeah, I like shorts over the knee. I don't think. Really yeah, I don't like short shorts. They make me feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: It drives me crazy. Is watching any video Adam Standler playing basketball?
Speaker 3: Because it is down big it looks like he's wearing because he's wearing Antaloon's cargo ships, like he might as well just put on pants.
Speaker 2: They're that long dog. Come on? What the nineties, Yeah, it was just sort of a sloppy look. Well again, blame the fan five.
Speaker 4: We were wearing triple xol white teas and that was like as fly as you could be.
Speaker 2: Remember white Tea, the song Dude, White God. All right, let's do the news. Let's do the news, Tommy, last time you gotta got.
Speaker 1: News with Chris Hockey, presented by the Saint Paul Saints and for.
Speaker 2: Chris Hockey, i'msnk Elverson. Good morning.
Speaker 1: The Saint Paul Saints return to action after the All Star break tomorrow night against Louisville seven or seven first pitch Saints Baseball. Doct I get your tickets today? Of course, the top story that is just you're gonna wake up to you've already probably woken up to, and you're gonna go out and you're gonna smell it, and it smells like a giant bondfire. Wild wildfires burning in Canada and Minnesota, causing air quality issues across large sections of the United States and of course, including Minnesota, hazardous wildfire smoke continuing to spread. At least fifteen fires have burned more than forty five thousand acres, marking the region's worst at fire activity in twenty years. Governor Tim Walls and state officials extending the peacetime emergency and Wednesday's crews continue evacuating the boundary waters to groups of youth campers were rescued from the Canadian back country after becoming trapped by the fires. Offic will say everyone in affected areas should avoid outdoor activity and remain in doors. That they're saying these fires could at least some of the fires could burn and till snow falls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, God in Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Yes, The experts say the largest fires are too intense remote for crews to extinguish without major help from the weather. The Thumb fire in particular, has grown to about fourteen thousand acres and then spreading into Canada. Firefighters protecting people, homes, and infrastructure while aircraft battle fires in remote areas, though because of all the smoke, the aircraft battling has been hampered a bit. They can't get to certain areas because they have to see if they want to fly, and officials saying that isolated fires could continue smoldering for months.
Speaker 2: So if there's an outdoor Twins game today, right, I don't know if there is or not.
Speaker 10: No, Like, would it ever get to the point where they'd cancel a game because of smoke?
Speaker 2: Thinks? So, yeah, the Canadian wildfires wasn't there? I think they did? Or yeah? Yeah, really it's scary. This is like an annual occurrence. Now, Yeah, I know that's very weird. Driving mean nets about Minnesota.
Speaker 5: It's like we complain about the winter time, we can't wait to get the summer, and then you can't even go outside in the summertime because.
Speaker 2: It's too much smoke and wildfires. Whether it's US or it's Canada, blame Canada. Yeah, blame Canada. Great song. I can't even blame Canada. And this is this situation that's us. Yeah, yeah, it's it's not good. Uh yeah. Fire.
Speaker 1: Basically, the air quality has been the worst it has ever been in history of the state. Uh, so bad up north that they actually had the sensors that monitor air quality were sending air alerts and saying that there must be something wrong with the censor because they were so bad that it couldn't possibly be this bad. It was this bad, and uh yeah, it just continues to burn. They supposedly the smoke is supposed to clear out throughout the day and we should be back to relative normal tomorrow.
Speaker 2: But yeah, just because of wind direction or what's well, part part of.
Speaker 1: The reasons clearing on now is that the sun's coming in and it's mixing up the atmosphere a bit. You know when we woke up this morning and it was just basically settled, you know, just blanketed on us. The Sun's going to get you know, some air moving and all that. But yeah, the the overall picture that the winds, high pressure system, all that stuff.
Speaker 3: He just talked for fifteen seconds and you didn't say thanks Paul Douglas once, would you just check out?
Speaker 2: Watching checked out? That's normally when you would say thanks Paul Douglas. Wasn't checked out? That was an unbelieva. I wasn't going. It's not time for jokes. Okay, I wasn't. Fuck.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it. Describe Justin Thomas is falling apart. He said a provisional it's a back upside bed at all. No, well, Scottie, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's fair what we just witnessed.
Speaker 3: That was one of the reasons I will still argue Zach Halverson's one of the most fascinating people here at Kane because if I'm like Zach, what's the seven times eighty?
Speaker 2: What now forty five? Not even close?
Speaker 3: But us But if it's but if it's explained, why smoke, He's gonna move out. He can do it like he's an expert on some really weird things and then just stumbles over things like basic math.
Speaker 2: He's fascinating. Its kind of our Cliff Clay it a little bit right. Yeah, knows random stuff extremely well. A lot of Minnesota facts too. Yes, that's what I've been called. Whoa wow? Okay, but you did give me a laminated pass. Well, yeah, she never used the one that I gave you. Core actually just got weird.
Speaker 7: That's just when I tell the one story. You should have heard it when he busted and whoa sometimes right, No, wonder you win, Tommy, You're.
Speaker 2: The best, dude. You guys are the best.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I am going to love you guys.
Speaker 6: It's sessanized seven year dating anniversary tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Look at you.
Speaker 5: Well, you guys do a dating anniversary and then like you do like a real relationship anniversary.
Speaker 2: Sure, Tommy needs a reason to create a party. But you're back next Thursday or not? Oh yeah, you guys, this is bad timing.
Speaker 10: I'm on the road, like with my new job. I have a lot of training to do, right, a lot of training. I will be gone next week all of next week, but then but then then I'm back on the thirtieth. So I'm only gone one Thursday. So I'm only gone next Thursday. Then I'm Thursday Friday because I get to play an initial shirt.
Speaker 2: It's great. Oh yeah, right, so we just missed the one. I'm just on the road Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, so I'm back. Look at me and planning not bad, look at you So you guys? All right, dude's playing noon. Can't a week you're stay? Yeah, so old crow sluggers all of it. Can't wait, wait for fits, got all new outfits do, can't wait? Love me good? All right? That's Tommy Sauce.
Speaker 3: So walk is through sports after this, including an Open leader board update.
Speaker 2: This is the Power Tree Morning Show with Ben Leber on the fan every weekday.
Speaker 1: Hey, this Sunday watch with us and Nardo at Boardwalk Kitchen and Bar.
Speaker 2: Is a World Cup champion is crowned? Can say that? Uh, we'll have the finals match on tons of games and prizes in the chorus great during specials. Party starts at one.
Speaker 1: We'll see this Sunday at a Boardwalk Kitchen and Bar in shakapy.
Speaker 2: Reddy sauce. Yeah, daddy, the floor is yours. Yeah, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 4: It's time for a man five on the Power Trip presented by Circa.
Speaker 8: Oh Yeah, your leader at the Open Championship er as Corey likes to call it, the British Open, the British Open. Alex smally a guy I think Rosen wanted. Yes, is five under through fifteen holes, right, now. So Alex Smalley is your leader. Son jam is in the clubhouse at four under. This other guy I don't know his name, Daniel Brown. He's four under. He's in the clubhouse. And uh yeah, so so far, so good. Scheffler two back of the lead, de Shambo two back of the lead, and Robbie McIntyre Martins guy is two back of the lead. It's weird because people like I think Roy like he hasn't teen off yet. There's still a lot of guys that haven't teed off yet.
Speaker 4: Wendell Clark, what about the other guy you really like this week? Okaw this the phunge Rider Pledge McCormick. Yeah, te off I think with Wendell Clark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'll be fun. I love that. Gorg just went right away, went Gorg gets it. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Uh those guys tea off at let's see one of us gone too soon.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It says one pm, but that it doesn't matter because that's their time. They'll all be teeing off soon. Well said, yeah, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: Man. How about this.
Speaker 8: I know it's not football or it's not Vikings News. ESPN is doing that list of the top ten at every position. Yeah, they did this week, the number one top ten safeties in the league. Interesting, who's number one?
Speaker 2: Mm?
Speaker 4: Oh your guy? Yep, yep, yeah, you're guy. Kyle Hamilton, the big swinging a miss in Minnesota. Vikings draft history is not taking Kyle Hamilton. It changes the projectory of project projectory, projectory, projectory.
Speaker 2: No, no, man, don't nobody tell them. I don't know how to say it. Say it again.
Speaker 4: The rejectory, projectory, projectory, projectory.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable. It's the same way three times.
Speaker 4: Project projectory projectory. No projectory, prost jectory. No wrong first, not even the word doesn't even start with a P.
Speaker 2: Yeah, majectory, majectory. I don't know all the consonants, majectory, no idea. Hang on this, you've got this. It changes the whole. You're only a couple letters off. It's not majectory. Call the other way. Keep going down the alphabet.
Speaker 4: Which way, whatever way you want to pick a direction. There's only twenty six letters. Well, it's not subjectory, you are correct, not wjectory.
Speaker 2: You're two for two. It's not trajectory, trajectory. What is it? Trajectory? No, No, projectory dancing around it, troll you got it? Now you got it? Slash watch. This is not a bit. Do you have a graphic? This is not a bit under give a band of graphic. This is not a let me see here.
Speaker 3: It was an epic when he said projectory three times the exact same way.
Speaker 2: Any of the three of these prejectories. I don't know what it is. Trajectory, How how do you continue? Prejectory? I'm so close?
Speaker 4: Trajectory, trajectory, treejectory?
Speaker 2: You found use ever?
Speaker 8: There we go trajectory? It changes the entire damn it, try try trajectory of his career.
Speaker 4: So man, Kyle Hamilton did not get picked by the Vikings lewisene did.
Speaker 2: What did that change?
Speaker 4: That changed the entire trajectory of There we Go Quazy's career.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 4: You can't say that projectory, projectors, projectory.
Speaker 2: Sorry it was wrong. Your dad's a lawyer. I'm not smart. Man. What a wild ride that? I got? Nothing else?
Speaker 4: The Twins play the Chicago Cubs tomorrow. Tommy will be there. I think we learned the other day that the wild home opener is against Boston Sacho on October third.
Speaker 2: That's correct.
Speaker 1: They start the season October first in Nashville, and the rest of the schedule will be released today.
Speaker 3: Let's go back three and a half minutes to projectory. Trajectory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to do that.
Speaker 3: That's a It might be a different debate between the biggest bust in Vikings draft history and the biggest swinging a miss because Demetrius Underwoods in the conversation because he literally quit during camp right because he was showed up with fatigue. He was a first rounder, a late first rounder. That's a first rounder that just went nuts and quit quit. I mean that is a swing and a miss, ponders a swing and a miss. But against like, are we debating just the words busts versus swinging a miss, Because I mean Lewis Scene is a gigantic swing and a miss.
Speaker 2: He's a gigantic bust.
Speaker 4: Had a significant injury problem, but it's compounded with the Kyle Hamilton miss.
Speaker 2: But the injury.
Speaker 8: But I also think though the thing with Lewis Scene that like anytime we'd ever talk about this, Musty would always say the injury ruined his career and he couldn't he wasn't on the he didn't make he barely played and prayed.
Speaker 2: He barely played the special team. But here's here's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Let's say he was the last pick in round one and Kyle Hamilton had nothing to do with with Lewis Scene's story, then you'd be like, man, that just did not work out. It was Cosy's first swing. He just missed any of the injury problem. But the fact that you traded down and passed on Hamilton makes it exponentially worse.
Speaker 5: This is why I think it's fascinating difficult. Something that I think that we as casual football fans would all love to have a crack at is to be a GM, like a real GM, not a fantasy football GM. Because if you look at Lewis Scene's collegiate resume, you would think that this guy is a sure fire NFL starter at the minimum, like he's going to be on the team, he's gonna start, He's going to contribute.
Speaker 2: He may not be an All pro, it may not be a pro bowler, but.
Speaker 5: Wasn't he like the SEC Defensive Player of the Year for the Georgia Bulldogs.
Speaker 2: He was a captain? Right, yeah?
Speaker 5: In which everybody, all the articles and beat writers are staying in college football that all the defensive players and everybody on the Georgia team was like, oh, this is the dude, Like this guy sort of runs our whole defense like mad respect for this guy.
Speaker 2: It seemed like it was like a no brainer, and then he just flopped or flopped or forgetting anybody else. So in terms of swinging a miss, Troy Williamson is up there, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, true, that's a great example because it is compounded by the Moss trade. Right, It's got that Hamilton vibe. There's more layers to it because it's not just that he was a bust. No, they was because he was.
Speaker 2: The other side of the Mons trade. That's a really good example.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they just that was they didn't they They thought that they could replace speed with speed, and it backfired horribly.
Speaker 2: You got to be able to catch the ball consistently.
Speaker 4: Treadwell, he was tread I think Treadwell is still in the league. Yeah, Treadwell was a bust, but not in the category of the.
Speaker 2: Third round. Everybody like, oh, good for this guy.
Speaker 5: He's carved out a niche in the in the League's.
Speaker 3: His attitude and confidence didn't help his case, right, because that made it worse.
Speaker 2: It was he didn't seem humble about struggling. No, it was weird though, just his that was weird. Yeah, weird run Yeah.
Speaker 5: The way that he approached the game and the way that he would go about his business, it was in parts superficially that man, look at this guy, he's a grinder. He's doing all the right things. Because wasn't the reports at camp that he was having. He'd have like a bad practice or whatever, and then somebody would see him running stadium stairs at like nine pm.
Speaker 2: Just to show that he was doing it. Yeah, in the extra what are you doing? Like, I remember how much that pissed you off. But it was like, we get it. You can run stairs. That's the football he'll be. The front office is like, oh this guy. Yeah, look at this guy.
Speaker 5: I go, he's he's ass in the bed and practice, but look at him put in this extra work.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: By the way, at seven thirty three, three minutes ago, I got a text from a young Dove Lambert that said, I just tried calling the hotline.
Speaker 2: Even that was too much for me. Jesus, your brother's embarrassed.
Speaker 4: Now at your pro projectory projectory trajectory.
Speaker 2: Try trajectory, true jectory he tried for I always.
Speaker 4: Have Max, that's true. Yeah, I got your back, brother. He's a part of that Illy plan from earlier, part of the ili plan. The projectory, the projectory, not smart man, you majectory full air?
Speaker 2: Do you claim sauce as a dependent on your tax? That's why I'm so supportive. All right, that was kind of Vikings news, But there is none.
Speaker 4: We'll do it when we come back more with the Power Trip morning showing Ben Lieber after this on the fan.
Speaker 2: From the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center. This report.
Speaker 7: He is sponsored by the three M Open Traffic is tight for explusit videos in depth takes, initials, password games, behind the scenes content and more.
Speaker 1: Search campg and YouTube and hit subscribe today.
Speaker 2: Just can wave out him. There's people watching already. It's kind of cool. Here's Corey. Camera loves you, Corey. I don't think so. I can use your in control of it.
Speaker 3: Every time I'm on Twin Cities Live, been with you or Oh good for me? When I got the Jeff Platt interview on ESPN or whatever a week and change ago, I'm always reminded of just how pale. I truly am, because I know that I am.
Speaker 4: I have a mirror in my house, multiple mirrors, sick. But my god, it just I don't know if it's the lighting.
Speaker 2: It's the lighting, but it just makes it makes me think even more, like my gosh, I am. It doesn't help that you wear black, true. The contrast is well. I try to project that. I'm like, you know, lewis so cool and you have to be mean. I'm sorry, I can't speak words, but.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you like your face is so white, like better if we could, you know, if we had a trajector we could probably watch a movie out there?
Speaker 2: Your cheap. I'm sorry, I'm not really paying attention. I like how you did that. That's clever. You guys are smarter than I am. We get it down. I think I think my favorite part I said this you guys off the air. I think my favorite part is when you actually you actually use the tea and then you're like, Nope, can't be, that can't be. That can't be.
Speaker 4: Trajectory. Man, I'm very grateful for this job because I don't know what I do without it. Yeah, what do you think your career projectory would look like. I hope you will projectile vomit. You mean trajectile vomit. I hope you all die in a fiery Do.
Speaker 2: You get a tragedy, brilliant tragedy all day long. We're just gonna swap teas for peas and peas for tea.
Speaker 3: Yes, exhaust you believe people like myself tear down others to feel better about themselves.
Speaker 2: He doesn't know what you're talking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you think I'm just projecting my own like insecurities on you.
Speaker 2: I hope you're privates off, it's all. I hope they rode away. Is that a bad word? Wrong word? Not smart word? I think it's with a W. Shut up. You're doing great? Yeah, are doing great. Let's do if I can still on the trip presented by I don't I don't think they're trajected to do very well. You don't think so?
Speaker 4: No, Well again, they're Vegas numbers, what eight and so the you know, the Sharks think they're going to be right around five hundred and one or two games on either side.
Speaker 2: Obviously, part of it is that we have a very tough division.
Speaker 3: There's no teams in the division or arguably the weakest because we're the one that has the biggest question market quarterback. Yeah, that's never a good time when you have three quarterbacks in the division that are somewhat solid, if not great, and.
Speaker 4: You're the one that's going is this gonna work? So yeah, we're looking up, but you never know, we got three teams to look up at it.
Speaker 2: And Chase.
Speaker 4: Do you think Ben that they add a pass rusher in the middle of training Campbody think they should. Somebody probably doesn't want to actually take in training camp.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think, you know, that's one of those positions where I don't I don't think that you have to be a master of the playbook to make a difference.
Speaker 2: You know, if they bring a guy in mid training camp and.
Speaker 5: You know, let's just say that, they're kind of like the Carson Wentz thing where you get you get thrust.
Speaker 2: Into action early.
Speaker 5: You can be a role playing pass rushing edge player and just what do I gotta do in this play? Just outside, contain and rush, you know, Okay, here we're gonna run this quick little like stunt.
Speaker 2: It's a stunt that you've run a thousand times. Just do that with the defensive tackle, you know.
Speaker 5: So I think It is one of those positions that it's a little bit more mindless when you're on defense, especially even defense. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a defensive tackle, like an interior defensive tackle, just to hedge our bets against where Caleb's at, you know, where his health is at. I mean even still, even if he's healthy, you have another rookie that you're going to ask for what a lot of reps out of Dominic Orange, big Citrus. Yeah, I mean it's just a lot to ask for two defensive players on the defensive front when they're just adjusting to the NFL speed in the NFL game.
Speaker 2: So I still wouldn't be surprised.
Speaker 5: No, we're concentrated on defense on the outside position, but I wouldn't be surprised if they go after one of these just veteran stout, just solid defensive tackles that may not just be this game changing pass rusher from the inside, but just a guy that can get you apps.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Do you.
Speaker 4: Think Dominique Orange is going to be better than Eli Apple ever was? Or is it just wasting our time comparing Apples to Orange? That was That was good.
Speaker 2: That was funny. That was great. That was good. Stupid.
Speaker 4: No, it's not relax man, drive in the stupid line every once in a while.
Speaker 3: Oh I do, I definitely do, And then it pisses John cristel off because I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't move over after I pass. Yeah, it's all right, Jk'll be here tomorrow. Ben.
Speaker 4: Your life's on the line, is coming back one of those great sports hostage situations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to be right. Your life's in the line. What place in the division of the Vikings finish this season? Your absolute best guess? Second? Second? Wow, So you really think we're getting undervalued? I do? I really do?
Speaker 4: Second to who? Who do you think ends up winning it? Detroit's back or you think Chicago's the real deal? Because my guess is you're you're undervaluing the Packers. If we're all the way at number two.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of undervaluing the Lions. Hmmm, it's Chicago.
Speaker 5: There's a Yeah, there's a momentum shift that has happened in this division, and maybe the Lions are comfortably back where they feel like they can succeed where Okay, we don't have to have the target on her back. We maybe don't like the target under back. But it does seem like the Dan Campbell energy is starting.
Speaker 2: To weigh interesting.
Speaker 4: All right, so you think we're second to Chicago, Chicago, So Chicago won Vikings too.
Speaker 2: Then what I'll say Packers and the Lions. Wow, Lions dead last? Sauce I think.
Speaker 4: And this is not to get people going or to uh, you know, poke fun at my wife. I think the Packers finishing dead last in the division. They have a very tough schedule, are going to be at least eight games without their best pass rusher.
Speaker 2: And I mean, just look at the way this thing.
Speaker 5: And even when a player like that, or any player that comes back from that injury, we all know that you're not you're you're still not one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're going to be cleared to play.
Speaker 4: They open here, which whatever, the Vikings play really well against them, and they've got you know, they've been planning for this game since April, when they got the schedule in May whenever that was yeh at the Jets whatever. But then your home opener is Thursday night against the Falcons. The Falcons offensively and they have a new head coach. That's not a cakewalk.
Speaker 8: Then you go to Tampa, then you play the Bears and then Cowboys, then at Detroit. I mean you get and then after they're bye at Los Angeles they battle the Bills. Then they go to Chicago, then Houston, then Detroit. I mean there's a Yeah, that's a rough stretch. There's a Miami and the Saints in there. But still, like, that's a tough stretch.
Speaker 2: M hm.
Speaker 8: Wednesday night Christmas Day against the Rams or excuse me, when the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving is at Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: That's a short turnaround. Man. I know they have a bye, but still, man, that's that's a tough schedule.
Speaker 3: Christmas halftime is going to be tough to be because Snoop was awesome last year.
Speaker 2: He was a leap Yeah. What do we got for games on Christmas this year? I know the Vikings aren't running it back. What do we got?
Speaker 4: Well, the Bears in Chicago, that's the new game. Bears, sorry, Bears and Pack that's the noon game. Hold on, daddy, what day does Christmas fall in this year?
Speaker 2: It's like Friday. I think is it a Friday? I think it's Bill's Broncos afternoon, Ram Seahawks, Ram Seahawks those are great games, but whole eyes on Christmas. Yeah, that's what. Yeah, that's a tummy asked for they saw.
Speaker 5: This is non Vikings news just because there's not a ton of it percent chance that Aaron Donald signs with the Rams.
Speaker 2: Eighty five? Yeah, is more like every day who was at the physicality a couple of days. I wouldn't why wouldn't show? Why not?
Speaker 4: They're like plus five fifty to win the super Bowl like they are, they are a heavy favorite to win the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: That's nuts being low and yeah, with how wide open it feels. Yeah, when you get a chance to do it at so far as well, why not?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want to see that happen. I want to see Miles Garrett with Aaron Donald.
Speaker 4: I mean this is a bad this is not a bad example. It's John Randall and Bruce Smith on the same team. Sure, yeah, it's that's that's what it is. It's them on the same defensive line. That's how dominant both of them would be. Miles Garrett should have been traded for five first round picks, and the fact that the Browns like what they gave up for him.
Speaker 2: I know they gave up a lot, but like he's the best defensive player in football. He might even be the best player in football according to the sb's he is the best player. Yes, he's man.
Speaker 4: And they what did they? I mean it was verse two first round picks? And is it two second round picks? I think it was something like that. But he should have got the.
Speaker 2: Thing is versus a great player? Yeah, but he's he's no Miles Garrett, what's so funny?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Boy, what did I miss? I can't do it? What is it?
Speaker 4: Don't has his hand hovering over a Rosie button that he doesn't want to play?
Speaker 2: I'll click? Oh no, no, I mean they're both black? What brilliant? Don't remember?
Speaker 5: Can I can I repeat what I'm saying and then you can, just like with better timing, hit that button?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Maxwell, you want it? Yeah? Yeah, come on over and then all right I'm ready.
Speaker 5: I mean, I just want to see both of those guys play together, Miles Garrett and Aaron Donald.
Speaker 2: They're both black. Rosie. Does anybody remember why he said? Why he said what? I don't remember why he said it. I think he was talking about the Williams sisters. Wow, I'm glad you're saying this stuff. It's good to have you here. Can we do it one more time?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: I'm you want me to say?
Speaker 5: I just want to see these guys play together. Aaron Donald and Miles Garrett.
Speaker 2: Both black mark rows. We know, we know Rhodes happened. Obvious. Why did he say that? I don't remember. I'm racking my brain. I don't know he is? He saying it like he's surprised in a whoa roads.
Speaker 3: All right, Ben, we got like two minutes, so let me just ask you one dumb question to fill some Vikings time.
Speaker 2: Sure, outside of McCarthy, who's in a quote.
Speaker 4: Quarterback battle that nobody really believes, but he's in a quarterback battle.
Speaker 2: Give me the Viking that has the most pressure on them in terms of their own career this year. Hmmm. I want to see if you're on the same page as man. Man. That's a really good question. All right down my answer and see if we have the same one in the all the NFL any quarterback No, no, no, no, no Viking.
Speaker 3: A Viking that has the most pressure on them for their own career, not not in terms of like you know, the season of the team success.
Speaker 2: Just who needs this year to go? Really really well, a Vikings player has to be a player.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean I would say there's two guys that come to mind, Jordan Addison in Christian Garisol.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting parasol just because of the injury. Probably because of the injury.
Speaker 5: And I think that that, you know, he's he's in line, he's approached the prime members career.
Speaker 2: What are those two guys have in common? There are the two guys, So, Jordan Addison and Christian Darisa. What do you think ross? They're both black? All right, we get it. Rosy were.
Speaker 6: I love.
Speaker 2: Kevin gorg Is convinced.
Speaker 3: He's like, did you guys just have like a I do all these We're like, no, no, this is all actual Rosie sound bites that we've cut up.
Speaker 4: He's like, no way, he didn't say all that. Oh yeah, he's got this, all of it Addison and Derisa. This live audio from watching the MLB get integrated.
Speaker 2: Yes, So, I don't know. I think that.
Speaker 5: I think because they're both looking. They're sitting in the prime of their career, looking for a paycheck and a huge I mean, darrisaw already signed a nice contract.
Speaker 2: But like we all know, how if.
Speaker 5: A healthy left tackle that can play at that level, you're in line to get another payday. And if he can go out there and prove that he's healthy and then he can play keep playing at a high level, I think it's really important for him to have a huge year. And then obviously Addison's for the same reason. I mean, I know there's only one football. I know that he's the number two receiver. I know that all of those things are factoring in. But if he wants to prove that he can either be on another team and be either the number one or you know, obviously still a number two, and to be a high level player at number two, he's in line for a gigantic pay day.
Speaker 2: Who are you thinking I wrote.
Speaker 3: Down Dallas Turner just because you lose Grenard and Turner was bust city right year one. Yeah, and I think people forget that he didn't have an awesome year last year. He had that stretch where it was like, wow, he's figured it out. So it got more to the point where it's like, all right, I think we can trust Dallas Turner compared to oh well, this guy is just a waste of our time. So he's made that step to the all right, we got something here. Yeah, but I think way too many people have him penciled in is like oh, we got one.
Speaker 2: It's like he does much more example size. Yeah. I like that answer. That's a really good answer.
Speaker 5: That's that probably is the right answer between the two guys that I talked about, because I think that you're correct that. The way I see Dallas Turner is did he have some sacks?
Speaker 2: Did he did? He sort of seems like he arrived and is playing now at the NFL speed? Yes?
Speaker 5: Does he have the disruption and the chaos factor that Grenard had? I don't know, And that's what I want to see. I mean, Garnard didn't always he didn't always get the sack, but he impacted the play all the time, didn't.
Speaker 3: He did he not have like one of the highest pressure rates in the NFL? Jonathan Garnard I think way up the list. Yes, right, so I think he got for how many times? Did we even talked to Jonathan on this show about that, about how frustrated he got where he just missed a sack or got a hand on the quarterback and then didn't get him down, and then you could see him on the field and and and be like, god, yeah, but he was always around.
Speaker 2: The quarterback, just didn't always get him to the ground.
Speaker 4: We need we need seventeen games out of Dallas Turner to say that we have something right, not just eight.
Speaker 2: Can't disagree with that.
Speaker 3: Leaders Maybe somewhere in that ranges, what do he kind of had last year where he really really flashed all your hands up.
Speaker 8: Cheese Mammoth on Twitter is saying, it's when we were talking about the dress that people thought was black and blue, and Rosie said, like, the two dresses weren't there, right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, when you're compared, like what color do you see of this dress?
Speaker 2: Yeh wow, if that's right. I don't remember that, but it makes sense. Yeah, that's from cheese Man.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine he would have said it about two people, right, So it had to be something like that, like the black and blue versus what was golden white?
Speaker 2: Black and blue and golden white something like that, something like that.
Speaker 5: So he was basically saying that his I see that they're both the same, we're both black.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's all right, Fan five. In a second, we'll give you a an open leader board update. There.
Speaker 4: They're still knocking it around at Royal Birkdale for the one hundred and fifty fourth Open Championship. I got Haddins minus two smally though minus five. Rosies got minus five.
Speaker 2: That's is that that we picked? No, you got sniped more than Power Trip. Why don't you after this on the fan from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center