Speaker 1: Is on the Treasure Island November fifth and sixth.
Speaker 2: Friday.
Speaker 1: Show is open to everyone with the initials game and a trip to Vegas with the guys up for grabs. We got a comedy show the night before featuring Kelsey Cooch, Chad Daniel Siominson and Tommy Ryman. It's currently full, but you can join the wait list now at KFE dot com slash q five.
Speaker 3: H Parker Fox was just showing me that Charlie Walters. I didn't know Charlie Walters had a Twitter account, but he does. Go look Charlie Walters right as a Twitter account, Charlie Walters claims it currently Scottie Scheffler.
Speaker 2: The number one golfer in the world, who's in town for the three I'm open, is golfing with now this room heard, can I guess? So? Yeah, you already heard Dusty Mobs, Scottie Scheffler.
Speaker 3: According to Charlie Walters, Chris Hockey, Zach Halverson and Max Fuller, is currently golfing with Tony now Rose Now he can't he can't drive feeling No not adam feeling not tenth grade English teacher Tony Dila Renzo no.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday to.
Speaker 1: Them trampled by turtles.
Speaker 4: We bought a robot from the carline ray I p Judge, Judge bird Man, Judge Joe Brown Brown the closest.
Speaker 3: Guests so far. Chris, you guessed Adam Feeling. That was the closest one. J. J.
Speaker 2: McCarthy also close though the head coach.
Speaker 3: Yes, according Charlie koc and Scottie Scheffler currently playing it's not Judge, not Judge matthis.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's Judged Judge Greg Mathis.
Speaker 5: You might be driving the cart.
Speaker 6: Oh, he's fallen from grace and both Cassie and Scotti Scheffler there with him.
Speaker 2: Oh man, this would be a great person to get high with. Danny Glover.
Speaker 3: We stopped guessing Ditty Glover.
Speaker 2: Don't get off the toilet.
Speaker 3: Who's the last time Danny Glover was in a movie was in the Outfield?
Speaker 7: A good minute?
Speaker 2: Didn't he just announce he was sick? I don't know he did.
Speaker 5: He had a coffee to cold.
Speaker 2: No like like seriously sick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's everything to be sorry, he's got a cold, he's got the chills.
Speaker 5: The last one I remember saying, then's the Royal Tenne Bombs.
Speaker 2: He was in Point Point. How good is the Royal Tenant? It's so good, It's so good.
Speaker 5: He was in dream Girls too, he was in nineteen as well, I mean.
Speaker 2: Shrimp Club. See.
Speaker 3: I guess I'm asking myself the question that I should have asked myself in the first place, which is what is the last movie I saw him? And it might be I think I can't think of one past Royal Tennetbombs.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of TV shows, stuff five years ago. Hello, it's been a while for a movie.
Speaker 1: Did you watch mister Pig? Mister what Pig?
Speaker 2: Oh Pig? No, I didn't see mister Pig. I did watch Pig with Nicholas Cage. That was a one time watched. It was fine, all right. Should we do Fan five?
Speaker 5: I think we probably should because it's sponsored by our beloved friends at the same fall st It's time for Fan five on the Power Trip brought to you by the Saint faulse A. And we were talking about gangsters, John Dillinger and the like. Uh, here's what's going on Thursday and Friday down at cchs Field. Step back into Crookshaven as the Saints become the ghostly Gangsters presented by Innovative Office Solutions. UH bring a pack of toilet paper for Innovatives Drive benefiting Second Harvest Hartlane and receive a free ticket for a future Saints game. This come Thursday, the twenty third, and then on the twenty fourth is running Back Crookshaving Ghostly Gangsters with a post game Friday night fireworks powered by Xcel Energy Center and The Roaring Twenties being played musically all through the stadium. So it's celebrating Ghostly Gangsters Thursday and Friday at HS Field.
Speaker 2: That'll be fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, you kid meet Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think if they could set up some kind of a bank that people that go to the game could try to rob during the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, yeah.
Speaker 5: Don't you wish that? What was that show where the the robots had they were always naked the robot Wars No, and it was Old West.
Speaker 2: Old West World.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't be cool if like that was a kind of a real thing, and like people like you, Corey who always wanted to rob a bank could go rob a bank and you could, you know, shoot people. But they're just robots and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So people have sent me this in the past there are there are apparently places that essentially are.
Speaker 2: Escape rooms but like heist rooms, and.
Speaker 3: The idea is you get your buddies together and you try to, like, you know, rob a bank and pull off a high.
Speaker 2: So I guess that exists, but let's be sweet.
Speaker 3: But the real thing, not the real thing there's if there's no rush, if the steaks aren't real, right, if there isn't truly danger and there's not the risk of dying or the arrested or going to prison forever, or there's not the high of Oh I just stole seven million dollars worth of jewels.
Speaker 2: Then you know, no offense.
Speaker 3: I don't want to go to Ridgedale Mall and rob a fake bank with sauce and tree and smitty.
Speaker 2: Oom, you know what I mean, get real high joint.
Speaker 4: If we could hot box it and go in and just be stowing and go to the top of a way, you get the high, you get some green.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no doubt.
Speaker 3: I'd be like we'd be halfway through the heights to be like where the hell did Sauce go?
Speaker 2: And Smithy and we'd be like he went to the food court.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's okay. I like eating sorry, Sorry, I bother you with my presence. Rob and the Grim Reaper, the Death Guy, no, the other Grim Reaper.
Speaker 2: The band, No way, they weren't. What was your favorite song? But it's a lot to say they weren't.
Speaker 5: I think they sang a song I'll see you in Hell. My friend's it going hell?
Speaker 2: That friend in hell? Not friend? Have you seen?
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 5: Was amazingly accurate? For sure? Sure?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Yeah that guy was dead from the neck. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Everybody knows it. Maybe I shouldn't say it, maybe i'd be mean. I don't mean to, but I think he knows. He's like, yeah, I'm dead from the.
Speaker 2: Neck from the train.
Speaker 5: He had teeth like yours, and he loved him.
Speaker 3: What else is the lead singer of Grim Reaper like exactly like he looks like a bobblehead with real hair.
Speaker 2: What else is the lead singer of Grim Reaper look exactly like?
Speaker 4: He looks like Roseanne bar but the dude Pat McDonald was switch this thing? Yeah, that's most accurate. What else does leads look at this guy?
Speaker 2: He looks he looks like, uh yeah, yeah, this kind of of can I do? What else is exactly like that one? Leg. I know this is a dude.
Speaker 3: It's a dude, but it looks like Chris Farley's twin sister.
Speaker 6: Yes, does se man, he's hideous.
Speaker 5: Yeah, listen, here's the thing. He died in twenty twenty two. Rest in peace.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he looks like a garbage pail. Kiss his face.
Speaker 5: Died aou I loved him.
Speaker 2: They were great, there's no ways loved that.
Speaker 3: He looks exactly like Chris Farley's character in Wayne's World two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly like Farley's character in Wayne World two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's say this let me kill mister was a Vogue model compared to God. Oh man, I can't believe I remembered that song. But these guys were huge. That tells you what the eighties was. Man, you could be this guy and be a huge rock star in seeing you and him my friend, And that's amazingly accurate.
Speaker 4: How about their song suck It and See Yes, Yeah, that was not the same album.
Speaker 5: That was about a buddy cop show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at that. A cabbage patch was let down.
Speaker 5: It was a guy in a lady and guess what which one was?
Speaker 3: A cabbage patched hole was left out?
Speaker 2: Corey, I'm on Google Images.
Speaker 3: Right now, I'll the right leg amputated too, Tom Holland, No, it's right legs seceeded.
Speaker 4: It didn't want to be a part of his body.
Speaker 5: An I like the cabine that was good.
Speaker 2: Was left out in a typhoon. You already we already hit the thing, right, Okay, So this is the sports.
Speaker 5: Tom Holland and Shawn Michaels are suck it and see.
Speaker 2: Spider Man, Sean and Michael wrestlers breaking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, NBC is trying some things.
Speaker 2: Hey, the three M open this weekend.
Speaker 3: Here's a here's a list of players that are participating here in the great state of Minnesota.
Speaker 5: Scotty, so you do want I'll do one.
Speaker 3: Scottie Scheffler the phone, Well what Cory Connors, s Hitton, Max Homer.
Speaker 5: Don Henley.
Speaker 4: You can't call me that, Jacky, George Clintons, Brian Harmon, David Spade.
Speaker 5: To is real and doesn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Jason d Ja No, Ryan Box he withdrew after winning this weekend.
Speaker 5: Happened, so did Pedro Dovhart.
Speaker 3: There we go, hold on Jason Days there, that's cool. That's what the list says is accurate. I don't know if some of these guys dropped out or not.
Speaker 2: But there.
Speaker 5: He's what.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Corey conn I think he was like fifty to one. I should.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wish Bobby Knight.
Speaker 3: No, I just want to win money. Corey Conners is winning that dude to just do. He's always hovering. When is he going to break through and win one?
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, What do I look like the Oracle?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Kind of like the grim Reapers in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the meanest thing you've ever said to.
Speaker 2: Him, But I have looked at it. I've been real ugly in my life.
Speaker 4: If you guys went ahead for head, it'd be like King cong versus Godzillo.
Speaker 2: Oh no, but you'd watch that movie. N I'd be in the front room. Thank you, Magso. He's so supportive of you. He is. He loves me and I love him. You need like fifteen maxim.
Speaker 5: He loves you more than anybody else.
Speaker 2: See how that's not a compliment, that's true.
Speaker 4: Never.
Speaker 3: Lebron's agent Rich Paul told reporters that Lebron's timetable is not going to be.
Speaker 2: Rushed modern day when we're here, can.
Speaker 6: Do Shams has just reported that two k NBA two K twenty seven coming out with their new cover athlete.
Speaker 4: Well, that's great because he's gonna be on the Wolves when I get that game. Oh yeah, yeah, you go a trade for him? It's no I know, yeah, okay, franchise. You have to have it, gotta do it. I played it for fun. I'm playing it to dominate eighty two and oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: I lose enough in real life. Can't take a chance in the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And as Maxwell texted me yesterday, if you lose, just trade for better people or turn their attributes.
Speaker 1: Have you ever like unplugged the console before a law so.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh yeah, yeah, you hit the big Xbox button.
Speaker 5: Yes, don't never, don't ever hit the big xbox.
Speaker 2: Deep breath Hogs sauce.
Speaker 3: In your life, what percentage of video games that you have played have been sports games?
Speaker 4: Ninety five percent of them. The only non sports games I remember playing well, Red Dead gt A, g t A and probably.
Speaker 2: Come on, Scoot GoldenEye, I mean loser Shoot Larry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, loves that game, but he couldn't get out of the first level.
Speaker 2: You had to google It made.
Speaker 3: Me think about it about all the Mario games and Mario I forgot about the Bust Street Fighter.
Speaker 2: What about Mortal Kombat?
Speaker 4: But Mario Kart so eighty percent. The only games I played now were well, I'll played GTA six.
Speaker 2: What what about Banjo and Kazui? I didn't play that.
Speaker 5: What about Al's Breakfast?
Speaker 2: God, I love l Zelda obviously, Okay, if you have, maybe my wife will want to go there to What about Time? Oh?
Speaker 4: You know who loves Burger time? Stupid as he loves Burger Time.
Speaker 2: That game wail in Ci Max.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, when you throw the salt at the crazy egg thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're.
Speaker 5: I fight through salty. You you can curl up like a slug.
Speaker 2: Oh m hm, you're right. I'm gonna miss being made fun of one day. Same Oh I get made fun of all the time. Your family, Yeah, the three gals in my house.
Speaker 5: Go to the gym.
Speaker 2: No thanks, Okay, who cares about sports? That's enough. I love sports basketball.
Speaker 3: Let's dodlines when we come back headlines after this power good morning showing the.
Speaker 5: Man our iHeart Radio Music.
Speaker 2: Festival presented by Capital One. He's coming back to the last figures September eighteen ninety.
Speaker 5: Such a pretty little tune, can I say something I don't know, see you in hell.
Speaker 4: So Hawk was one hundred percent correct. Let's see you in hell, my friend. Sounds like nail.
Speaker 5: I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: Perfect. It was perfect.
Speaker 5: I haven't heard it in years and years and years.
Speaker 3: Sauce, you do your best reenactment of what his reenactment sounded like.
Speaker 2: So you and help hell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kept putting his arm up and then he's playing the low guitar.
Speaker 5: Go ahead and say you singing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you looked.
Speaker 5: Better singing it. It's true.
Speaker 3: Christ could could Sauce sing for Grim Reaper today and it'd be just as tolerable as something called Steve grimmittt.
Speaker 5: He could sing that kind of music. He had this really high voice, so he would do things like I like that kind of thing, and people like that stuff back then, you know. And he always did this. He's like the original. If you ever see anybody do this kind of thing with your hand, he did that.
Speaker 4: That was right, Yeah, that was him, watch always.
Speaker 5: You know, that's right, That's that's right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I bet Jack Black like Grim Reaper. I bet he did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I bet he did, and I I bet he made a buttload of money, because money was to be made.
Speaker 4: And I guarantee you there was a Grim Reaper video on Beavis and butt Head.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm sure there was. In fact, I bet we got to look up the the see You and How My Friend.
Speaker 2: Video, because I bet I'm watching it right now.
Speaker 5: Clad Ladies in Hell.
Speaker 4: The guy's playing a British guitar left handed in the band, which is because I thought they were. I think they're the lead my favorite British.
Speaker 5: I just wrote see You in Hell my favorite. I don't know what's wrong with my.
Speaker 1: Brian, the lead guy never got married because he kept asking for blessings and the fathers never gave.
Speaker 2: It to him.
Speaker 6: Oh, Beavis and butt Head do Grim Reaper fear no evil?
Speaker 2: Oh? Sweet right?
Speaker 5: Oh he's wearing spandex.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't be No, he does have bad teeth too.
Speaker 3: Now that I've binge the hell out of Beavis and buttead multiple times or headed on his background noise on Netflix, I got an email from Netflix like a week ago, going, don't.
Speaker 2: Forget to finish Beavis and butt It. I'm like, you don't need to tell me.
Speaker 3: I've already gone through all of the episodes like three times. It's hilarious. Is this the new stuff? It's the new stuff. And there's a small collection of like the stuff from the nineties.
Speaker 2: Did they have the corn Hooly on one? They do? Oh? Perfect, I gotta watch.
Speaker 3: So I think it's like the Mike Judge collection or something. So there's it's very few episodes from the nineties, but all of the new stuff's in there, and it's fantastic.
Speaker 8: Hell yeah, I did not know till the other day that Daria was from Beavis.
Speaker 2: I'm sure I had no idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here's all these guys in the spand are ugly. Well come on, I mean so am I The.
Speaker 2: Drummer is even worse looking. And no that's not.
Speaker 5: My god.
Speaker 3: Who's more confused that they're catching strays today? The lead singer and everybody else in Grim Reaper or your tenth grade English teacher, Tony di Lorenzo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, probably, well the lead the lead guy at Grim Reaper's dead.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he died in twenty twenty two. He sure Reaper came to get him.
Speaker 2: Oh just Tony still teaching? I think so? Well not today. It's the middle of summer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, enjoy your time off, Tony.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were debating this h Christopher yesterday in Barb's office.
Speaker 2: What in the sweet hell are we doing?
Speaker 3: Why are public schools starting before Labor Day this year? I know Labor Day is late, and what are we doing? That's for private schools. Public schools are the day after labor Day.
Speaker 2: Well it's later this year. Who cares do it after labor Day? Do it after labor Day? I agree, what are we doing?
Speaker 8: It's been a couple of years now from my daughters started before labor Day, and it just freaks me out every time.
Speaker 2: It's so weird.
Speaker 3: It's my wife said, no, she starts the week before that. I go, are you nuts? You're wrong?
Speaker 2: You don't have to go that week anyway, you can't be right, And she was right.
Speaker 1: It did it for a couple of years when I was in school, and I think they ended up signing a law in Minnesota for a while that was in effect for a while that you couldn't start before labor Day. But it was such a waste of time because you didn't The teachers didn't want to start up anything because it was we're gonna have a holiday weekend right away.
Speaker 2: Exactly, so just go to school and watch movies for.
Speaker 5: A week, and then for high school football.
Speaker 2: Sure, all your hands up.
Speaker 4: So I clicked on Grim Reaper, Hell on Wheels, Hold On the Headbanger's Ball Full concert that was on MTV in nineteen eighty seven. The lead guy is wearing.
Speaker 1: A Rocky Dennis mask.
Speaker 5: Jesus a Rice shirt? Wow, dude, wow, wha Well.
Speaker 3: If that's a reference that only some of us understand, but that is, I mean, that is that is what we say in the business.
Speaker 2: Off the top rope. Here comes Zach.
Speaker 3: Elverson with a flying elbow the back of Steve Grimmitt, which might have helped you never know, damn Zach.
Speaker 2: All right, anyway, you were.
Speaker 3: Saying, So he he's on stage wearing a Rocky Dennis mask, and then what happened?
Speaker 2: He's wearing a twin shirt. Oh no, okay, so what we just won the World Series. That's probably why.
Speaker 3: Weird the matter jacket and a twin shirts look great?
Speaker 5: What if he's from here?
Speaker 2: I don't know, mom and his.
Speaker 5: Daughter whoeverybody says, oh Sophe being back up with them soon?
Speaker 2: Oh after listening to this was the one bit Zacho? Was it ninety eight degrees?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah, the one guy ninety degrees that doesn't look like the rest.
Speaker 4: We basically just did a hit him up style disc track on ninety eight degrees for three hours.
Speaker 3: How about Sauce for years has claimed that he doesn't remember who he lost the virginity too.
Speaker 2: What if it's Stevina Grimma, local daughter of Steve Grimmat and.
Speaker 3: You just didn't want to admit it that you slept with the daughter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and since then she said, I've seen hell. I thought my dad was ugly. God, he's so ugly. God, he really is.
Speaker 2: Come on, kids listening, by the way.
Speaker 3: Poor guy, men need to support menuck.
Speaker 1: You could back this up, because I'm gonna show it on this m I searched ninety degrees just to remember that guy's name, and on when you search it, there's photos for three of the four members.
Speaker 5: Oh no, the one guy doesn't need.
Speaker 2: Us, just something just don't know what.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey or whatever doesn't show a picture. Oh poor justin buddy.
Speaker 8: Oh you just did to get away from the goatee.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well yeah, oh.
Speaker 4: Man, all right, why have we such a hole? Back to hell on wheels? All right, let's do headlines.
Speaker 2: Here we go and now it's time for headlines presented vine around and we did it, and we do it right. Yeah, and hell my friends, good.
Speaker 3: For the fifty seventh time. Are we going biopic or by pick? How do you guys say it?
Speaker 2: Biopic is what I've always like, biopic, I said, biopic?
Speaker 4: Oh hold on, sorry, do you know why he's wearing a twin shirt? Because this is recorded at first half?
Speaker 2: Oh sweet?
Speaker 5: Can you imagine.
Speaker 1: A hometown show for him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, people bombed.
Speaker 3: I wonder if Prince was there and was looking out a window, going, maybe I should just shut this entire place down.
Speaker 2: They're all wearing twin shirt. What's the point of this. If this is what it's going to be, we.
Speaker 1: Should ask me. He's down the hall right and I saw that picture.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they went to Goodwill.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 2: Next summer a Snoop.
Speaker 3: Dogg biopics slash biopic A Snoop Dogg movie coming out next summer Snoop. Have they announced who's playing Snoop? Or they just announced that it's in the works and it's slated for next summer.
Speaker 7: I don't. I don't think they've announced who's playing.
Speaker 2: Who's a good choice for Snoop?
Speaker 6: Can you not play yourself and that would be pretty weird.
Speaker 2: Steve Carrow, Dustin Hoffman.
Speaker 1: They haven't rock.
Speaker 9: And Jonathan Davis not the one from Corn with two s's Mmmm, Okay, I don't know who that is.
Speaker 1: He's Outer Bank.
Speaker 3: I've seen you've seen him. Okay, hypothetical casting situation. Would it have been more dynamic to have the lead singer of Corn, poor Steve. It's like I don't remember Snoop playing the bagpipes. Amazon is doing a RoboCop TV series because we are out of ideas.
Speaker 2: You know, lovebo cops movies.
Speaker 3: He was just convinced you were gonna say GARL.
Speaker 2: I don't care if RL liked Robocops for sure, awful film.
Speaker 5: They were good and I think there was only one.
Speaker 2: No, I think there was. There was, there's several. There was a cop.
Speaker 5: The first one was good Man.
Speaker 2: The rebooted it not that long. I don't think I ever see four percent.
Speaker 1: Not bad.
Speaker 5: It's a good film.
Speaker 7: Hm.
Speaker 2: Hi Parker, Hey, I don't know much about RoboCop. He was a cop who was in the eighties. Yeah, it was a robotic cop. Was he a good cop? Good guy? I think so?
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 2: I don't know he was a cop.
Speaker 5: He got killed, so they rebuilt him.
Speaker 2: Nice marble thing. Max.
Speaker 7: No, No, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: No, Parker, this is for you. You're getting married right around the corner a month.
Speaker 3: According to a study, there's a new trend, the new hot trend amongst your generation is skipping costly, extravagant weddings and going straight.
Speaker 2: To a courthouse. They're just you.
Speaker 3: Guys are just banking money and trying to save the money. You chose the other option. Yeah, uh yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Again, everybody, we always talk about it. It's hard to find money for a house because houses are so expensive, like cost of living, very expensive for your generation. So I think collectively your generation's going. I am not in the market of wasting thirty forty fifty thousand dollars for one day.
Speaker 2: I can't do that. I don't blame people. Yep, that's a tough spot.
Speaker 6: It's expensive. Flowers are like ten plus grand. It's insane. Jeez, what expensive flowers?
Speaker 2: Chris h like this.
Speaker 3: According to a couple of data points, the generations after us are loving the idea of the.
Speaker 2: Odyssey on audiobook.
Speaker 3: It is skyrocketing since the movie has been released or at least has been being raved about the last couple of weeks. The interest in the audiobook is through the roof. Spotify says it's up to six hundred and eighty percent and two thirds of the listeners are men, thirty six percent our gen z.
Speaker 2: Can I ask a question? Can't wait?
Speaker 4: So who gets like the cash for it? Because obviously Homer, who wrote the Odyssey is dead.
Speaker 5: It's not a terrible question. I'm being honest with you, Thank you, But I don't really I would guess that there's man, I don't. Here's the thing, but when you have the Odyssey, it's been translated by somebody, okay, and so the person who does the latest transit translation is the person who technically releases it. So I don't know if there's a trust or if there's a maybe the I don't even know who gets the money for the actual owning the uh.
Speaker 2: I would think you'd be right of it.
Speaker 3: Odyssey has to be public domain, right, it has to be.
Speaker 4: It's been around for thousands of years. It has to be its publishing company. Do they make I'm sure, yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 8: Like the translator gets a little cash, the publishing company gets a little cash.
Speaker 3: Besaws to your original question, I can promise you one group that's not getting the money. Homer's estates, Yeah, there are the yeah sending lawyers to Spotify, going where's my thirty seven cents? Because Parker Fox listened to the Odyssey? Right, Homer's is also no longer with us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like I the last time I listened to the book on tape, a lady did a translation of it, maybe like ten years ago or something like that, and it.
Speaker 7: Was like.
Speaker 5: Widely I loved because it was really.
Speaker 7: Emily Wilson.
Speaker 5: I think, Okay, there you go, Yeah, there you go. Okay, Yeah, that's it, right.
Speaker 8: I think that's the one that Christopher Nolan specifically took some of his inspiration for from the movie for the movie.
Speaker 5: Too, because it's obviously it's you know, it's you have to translate it into you know, our language, but also our language in a way you can understand it if you know what I mean. So I would guess she'd gets some cash from it. I guess this is my point. But I don't know who owns the copyright to the Odyssey.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine anyone.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would assume it's public domain.
Speaker 2: That's fine, even Emily Wilson.
Speaker 3: I mean you once had the rights to kick the balls dot com.
Speaker 2: And dot com we're still available temporarily. That was not public domain. You owned it. Yeah, yeah, man, good for you.
Speaker 5: Let's see public domain. Yeah, you're right. However, modern translation, adaptations and specific audiobooks are copyrighted by the perspective creators. So there you go. We were both right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So if you if you do a significant adaptation right where it's right, you make it quote your own.
Speaker 2: Then yeah, you would own that specific version.
Speaker 5: And which, by the way, you're allowed to do because guess what every telling of the Odyssey was a translation, was a an adaptation of the original it exactly, so literally every person.
Speaker 8: Even by the time that Homer got it, it was already there was. Yeah, it had passed down and Homer. Oh sorry, go ahead of I think what you're going to say ahead that Homer wasn't even necessarily real exactly. Yeah, most scholars don't think. It wasn't a single person, like an actual blond dude.
Speaker 3: Oh like uh, blonde Jack the Ripper, just a collection of people that we all just pushed into one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is that a real thing. No, but isn't that the theories that it was probably multiple.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe copy cats or just a collection of people that just happened to be killing prosttuges at the same time.
Speaker 2: The copy cats would laugh at that, Siamese cats. But before you google, let's see if we can get close. What do we think? What do you think copy cats started?
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, let's go ahead, Like sounds like you were going to say something.
Speaker 4: Maybe like a litter of cats and one looked like the other, so they called it.
Speaker 2: A copy cat. It's a great guss, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anybody else have a guess before we look it up.
Speaker 8: Maybe like a monkey see monkey do kind of thing, cats seeing each other doing the same thing with the other cats.
Speaker 1: Somebody said something earlier that was potentially true, is it Max?
Speaker 2: I don't know what.
Speaker 6: When I said Simese, Yeah, Siamese cats like Siamese twins.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The term copy cat emerging in the nineteenth century American English as a derogatory label for a person who plaged, rises, or imitates others. So there you go, that's exactly what it is. Yeah, that's where it comes from.
Speaker 2: But what's the cat part? You know what I mean? Cat part.
Speaker 7: They always used to be like, look at this cat here.
Speaker 5: Historically, the word cat was used as a standalone insult for a malicious or sly person. They I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Other care we go? You are copy cats?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Interesting?
Speaker 2: See you in hell. Friend, you're a cat.
Speaker 5: You know my cat's cool? Man case you guys, that's cute. Yeah, it is all right.
Speaker 3: So a couple of things today. If you're like, well, I don't really understand what the Odyssey is.
Speaker 2: It's three hours.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to go, even though the reviews are unbelievable and everybody's raving about it. But if you're like, I want to see something worse. Today is the streaming premiere of Masters of the Universe on Amazon, starring Jared Leto a SKELETONI.
Speaker 4: That bombed, right, bomb bombed? Worse that or the new Mwana movie.
Speaker 2: That Iwana probably.
Speaker 5: Just because the amount of money put intore. Of course, I don't know, man I about Mastery Universe. I bet there's some money before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was.
Speaker 7: It looks like north of two hundred million.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what, though, there's nothing more shocking than the fact that Majana bombed that badly. I would think that would be.
Speaker 2: A slam zone. All those Disney live actions have been going downhill.
Speaker 3: I think, so that's what That's what Mister's e though a hawk on I said. He said the industry knew this was gonna bomb. He's like, he said, everybody knew six months ago this wasn't going to work. So this it wasn't news to the industry. It was news to people like us, going wow, why didn't that work. I guess everybody knew this was coming, that it was too soon after Malwana to right. No one was begging for a live action Majana except for The Rock, and then it didn't work. And I was like, yeah, we all knew this.
Speaker 2: Which you probably made what fifty million doing it? Who knows Twitter fifty million dollar budget? Yikes, Yeah, I bet.
Speaker 5: I bet alone the Rock. I beout.
Speaker 3: You're right, sauce, Yes, Dady, Brian Oak's gonna hate the sentence I'm about to say.
Speaker 2: I'm going to sit up and listen.
Speaker 3: Oak's gonna hate this because we're giving him attention and this might this might be something we've mentioned fifteen times, but I don't have him any any memory of it. But today on Hulu, Go Ahead. A documentary is out, go Ahead, called My Grandfather Charles Manson.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A woman finds out that her grandfather was Charles Manson and made a documentary about it.
Speaker 4: Wow, all your hands up, basket, do it? Charles Manson's granddaughter?
Speaker 5: Would how hold on? How old is this person?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Good point. Let's just say she's thirty.
Speaker 5: What do you want to.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was her real name? But what about Shirley Manson from Garbage?
Speaker 2: Is it her real name? I wonder iful it was?
Speaker 5: No, he like her, I do very much. They've got some they got some slack.
Speaker 4: They still tour, Yeah, they tour. They I think they opened for Atlantis.
Speaker 5: You know who the drummer is, right?
Speaker 2: Uh no, but the guy who.
Speaker 5: Did never mind, you know, and uh throwing copper and and uh uh Simon's Dream.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna say it.
Speaker 4: I think we go to the Charles man not us, But like I think the we go to the Charles Manson well a lot. And I think like even the one we watched for it was like we have a society, we have we're too into him. I just think that we go to is the well a lot, right, Like.
Speaker 2: Like, how much more is there to know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like the like the unheard tapes bit that came out, what was that a couple of years ago?
Speaker 2: Hawky, Yes, great, that was great, but.
Speaker 5: Like that's true, I need to know more about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, but stop for a second.
Speaker 3: And I'm not even saying you're wrong, because you're probably right, But think of what a mind belief it would be if you're this gal and you're like, my grandfather was Charles Manson, Right, Let's say Dahmer had kids. How would you process your life on a daily basis if you knew if Dahmer was your dad or your grandfather Bundy as a daughter, That's what I'm saying, Like, how do you even like every day's got to be so weird where you're like, yeah, my dad or grandfather was one of the worst people that society has ever created. That's got to be a hard thing for them, even if they are great people. They do everything right, good member of the community, hard worker, good coworker, good neighbor, a good friend. Your dad's a living nightmare. Yeah, what a weird life that must be. Let's say let's say it's Molly Bundy.
Speaker 4: Okay, Sure, Molly Bundy, is that took you so long to come up with it?
Speaker 5: Left as well?
Speaker 3: As she was over there, I wonder what he's thinking about. It ended up being a random female's first name was what.
Speaker 5: The and again, why did you look to your left out the windows? Molly?
Speaker 4: So go on, let me ask you guys a question. Let's say, you know, hanging out Molly Bundy. Yeah, and Molly Bundy is part of the story. Let me get to the part though, and you're like, hey, did you see a new couple moved in next door?
Speaker 2: You're like, oh, Brian and Molly. Yeah, let's have them over.
Speaker 4: She had them over, you know, small talk, You like, hey, we should hang out again. So next weekend Molly and Brian come over, like, hey, you want to drink?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hey, Molly, tell us what about yourself? I'm I'm Ted Bundy's daughter.
Speaker 2: So she leads with that you move right, you move? Why you move? She seemed lovely.
Speaker 3: You invited her back over the previous and from the previous week, and you got along with them. The small talk was solid. You're like, hey, Molly and Brian, they seem nice.
Speaker 2: Let's have him over. But you do you think you'd ever over again. You found out who her dad was? Was she WHI them? Does she has to you're saying something if she you're thinking of peg Bundy for dinner.
Speaker 3: In this scenario, you have a lovely evening with Brian and Molly, whose last name is probably not Bundy. I'm going to assume she took his name to get rid of the Bundy Brian good guest.
Speaker 2: Bryan and Molly mon.
Speaker 3: Let me ask the question that nobody cares for. Are they related to Dusty? So Brian's related to Dusty somehow?
Speaker 2: Cousins brother?
Speaker 4: What is he?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: They might be friends.
Speaker 4: I don't know, they might be friends.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Brian and Molly Mond come over and you say after spending some time with in the previous week, and you're like, Molly, tell us about yourself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't know her last name, so she doesn't have to volunteer this.
Speaker 2: But she leads with Ted Bundy was my dad.
Speaker 3: And then you look over at your wife immediately and say, we're never hanging out with him a gay.
Speaker 2: We should move.
Speaker 5: You called your real estate agents whose.
Speaker 4: Name is ah Isaac Isaac Ye, his name is Ice sick.
Speaker 3: I sick Speed oh, this is a twitch stream. Look to your left and come up with a fake name for a female real estate agent.
Speaker 5: My god, did you see him hesitate about which way was left?
Speaker 7: Which is it?
Speaker 2: Misty Mond?
Speaker 4: No relation what I'm just saying it wouldn't you'd question it though.
Speaker 3: ESPN should lay us off. Honestly, we should be canceled.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: Misty is a that's a filthy name.
Speaker 2: She's up to no good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, two mistis. One of them was a pornographer and the other one was Horny.
Speaker 2: I definitely slept the Misty and.
Speaker 3: We I graduated with like two hundred and seven kids. We had a Misty, a Rainy, and a Sonny.
Speaker 5: Which one was hotter?
Speaker 3: Well, Sonny was the dude. Sonny was a one that said I do cigarettes. It's one of the are you listening to the dude stories again?
Speaker 2: One of the greatest lines, I do cigarettes. It's brilliant, Parker. Do you know this story? I do not. So.
Speaker 3: Sonny's a kid in my grade. He's a troublemaker, but whatever it is fine. He's a good dude. But he liked to party.
Speaker 2: And we were sitting around junior or senior year and.
Speaker 3: It was like the basketball players, and they were all talking about sports and Super Bowl this and World Series that, and who knows Michael jordan is. At one point Sonny looked at him and goes, it's all you guys care about sports. And I believe it was Mark Julick that said like, what do you What do you do Sonny? And he goes, I do cigarettes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was like seventeenny party.
Speaker 2: It's one of the if.
Speaker 3: It's thirty years ago almost and it's still a quote that I will never forget. I not I like cigarettes, not I smoke cigarettes.
Speaker 2: I do cigarette.
Speaker 5: At that moment became iconic in the Twin Cities.
Speaker 2: Yep, all these years later, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Because of this morning show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he would have never known that in high school that that was going to at some point be like a quotable thing.
Speaker 2: I think people will probably walk around the Twin Cities stay shirt cigarettes quote from thirty years ago I do.
Speaker 5: I think it would be the greatest ever. Fits said I do cigarettes, and then his name underneath, And he someday is walking around and he sees a T shirt with his name just.
Speaker 3: Trips balls and he's like, well, now I do meth because I'm tripping balls.
Speaker 2: Oh my God, son God just the best man.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: If Sonny's your name, you're either the starting quarterback or you're partying really hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, here we go you guys. Ready, This is from Jeopardy. Okay, okay, yell it out if you know the answer.
Speaker 10: Ready, here goes Gee Songs. In this song, Drake summons a higher power to tell a terrible he only loves his bed and my mama.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry God.
Speaker 2: What is God's plan? What is God's plan?
Speaker 5: That's the song Nice.
Speaker 10: This potent, totably laid back bop by Snoop do O DOUBLEG includes the lines in my mind on my money and my money on my mind?
Speaker 2: Did you watch this? No?
Speaker 7: What is?
Speaker 10: According to producers, Lauper initially didn't this song because it was written by a man, grease?
Speaker 2: What does? Girls? Just want to have fun?
Speaker 10: Your care the beach boys saying of a woman giving me excitations In this song good vibrations?
Speaker 5: What is good vibrations?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 10: This Paul Simon track begins the Mississippi Delta was shining like a national.
Speaker 2: Sam What is Graceland?
Speaker 1: You like?
Speaker 2: Paul Simon? Loved Paul Simon. He's my favorite Ken Jennings kicks ass. That was impressive. Ken's the man.
Speaker 7: Ken.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that dude likes to party too.
Speaker 5: I bet he does. Ham.
Speaker 3: All guys from Utah like to party, right, you should not check out. Yeah, he's from you.
Speaker 5: He's married to John Wayne Gacy's his grandson.
Speaker 2: Oh loo, good for him. And you know what? Chris is right? Her name is your last way. That's his left. Damn turn the wrong way. God, you can't make it up. You turned the wrong way. What is my life? You're sitting across from each other. You have different lessons.
Speaker 5: I know where you're going in a week.
Speaker 2: I probably good canned.
Speaker 9: We'll see it.
Speaker 4: Thanks, Grim Reaper, Steve Gibbet, give it a monkey?
Speaker 5: Am I a cage? What happened? Mark?
Speaker 2: I don't know, sauce what. Many rodents, including rats.
Speaker 3: Many rodents, including rats.
Speaker 2: And horses can't do what.
Speaker 3: I don't say, like read, Most rodents, including rats and horses can't do what.
Speaker 5: They use this on what really matters? Like a hundred time.
Speaker 3: This is a it's a bodily function of sorts. Horses don't do what in rats don't do what?
Speaker 2: Cry cried. Yeah, they probably don't.
Speaker 5: It's a number.
Speaker 2: Three, probably not. I don't know. Sleep standing up, I don't know. I don't know if whose are very comfortable. I don't know. Man, they can't vomit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, So if you see a horse throwing up, you're the one that's tripping balls.
Speaker 2: That's weird.
Speaker 4: I wonder why their stomach sauce.
Speaker 3: When the bosses from my heart eventually pull you in an office and go, what would you say you do here?
Speaker 2: I can tell you what you should say back what I do cigarettes. I'm gonna say I like a cigarette.
Speaker 4: It would be great if they would, but I don't think they'll allow that. Marker Fox, you're an American treasure.
Speaker 2: No, that's you, guys, so fun. See you next Wednesday, See you Wednesday. All right?
Speaker 3: The Morning Show tomorrow, five thirty to nine. I assume we'll feature Ben Leber. I'm assuming tom Is this the week that Tommy's off? Dang it, Many's here for like the rest of the month. Right he is off tomorrow?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: No, Tommy tomorrow tomorrow?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 3: Because of initials on Friday, we're gonna swap all right, So Creest tomorrow, liber tomorrow, Power Tim Morning Show, five thirty to nine.
Speaker 2: See then tomorrow's evy birthday. Remember wonderful already, have a wonderful day. Everybody, have a wonderful day. Seela heard from the one ing