Speaker 1: Kfan welcomes Trans Siberian Orchestra for two amazing shows at Target Center in December twenty eighth. That's seven, I'm sorry, it's three and seven thirty pm. Tickets are on sale now. Could show details including a link to the tickets at kfane dot com keyword calendar. I went to buy tickets at kfean dot com keyword calendar.
Speaker 2: All right, let's dive into Fan five because we had to talk to Tom Pelisero of the NFL Network in the.
Speaker 1: Next sex time for Fan five on the Power Trip presented by Builders and Remodelers.
Speaker 3: He thanks Builders and Remodelers.
Speaker 2: In fact, saus one of the first questions we can ask Tom Pelosaro in the next segment has nothing to do with Vikings football, though we can talk a lot about the Vikings and the Browns in the next segment. But you know, this year we started a Power Trip survivor. Yes we did, mainly because I won the Church Challenge and you guys didn't want me to have immunity.
Speaker 4: That's fine.
Speaker 5: You couldn't think of any punishment.
Speaker 2: There's always that. The picks this week are a little bit interesting. I did switch to the last second. Yeah, the Niners are decimated. So I swapped. I had the Cardinals all week and then this morning I changed to the Rams. I'm like, look, the Rams better win tonight when they have mac Joes than nobody else. So about half the teams left are on the Cardinals yep. The other half are on the Rams yep. And as you just heard, Chris made his picks earlier in the week for the rest of the season. He just wanted to make sure that he didn't go Marnie on it and forget, so he made picks for the rest of the year.
Speaker 5: It looks like he forgot.
Speaker 3: He forgot because he has the Ravens, which on paper, Ravens versus what.
Speaker 5: Texans Texans both one and three.
Speaker 3: Not a bad pick, right, The Ravens are the better team of the two, but Lamar might not play, and so we're talking about Cooper Rush and essentially a.
Speaker 5: Coin flip, and the I don't think he knows that.
Speaker 3: The Viking perversion of the injury injury report is the Ravens.
Speaker 5: They're extremely banged up. Yep. They're a point and a half underdog at home.
Speaker 3: So one of the first point and a half underdog at home, and Chris hasn't been survivor, so.
Speaker 5: It's the team that ye did. If Lamar plays, they're gonna win.
Speaker 2: But if he doesn't, Chris might be out because he essentially fell asleep at the wheel, which happens.
Speaker 5: Well, that's fun. I don't and he doesn't care.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 2: By the way, we've been talking all week about how the over under for the Vikings Browns is at thirty six and a half, right lowest of the week. Profootballtalk dot com did a story it's the lowest of the season so far through five weeks, not just this week. That is the lowest total of the twenty twenty five NFL season thirty six and a half. The previous low for this season was Week one Steelers and Jets was thirty eight, and that easily hit the.
Speaker 3: Over at thirty four to thirty two. Paull your hands up. Both of their starting cornerbacks did not practice. Their best defensive player, Kyle Hamilton, is limited, their best run stopper. They put on the IR I think season ending IR on Tuesday. Jackson did not practice. One of their tackles was limited, another defensive player was limited, their center was limited, and then their fullback, who is the best guy that blocks her Derrick Henry. He didn't practice with a calf injury. They're inside linebacker didn't practice, and their starting left tackle didn't practice.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 5: If they have fourteen people on the ir.
Speaker 3: If the depleted Niners win the night or the terrible, terrible Titans went on Sunday, we're gonna lose half the field either way. If Chris fell asleep at the wheel and the Ravens find a way to lose because Cooper Rush can't get it done, we could be down to three people by Monday.
Speaker 5: I've saw it was last week. I don't know why.
Speaker 3: Who did the Titans played somebody last week? Where I was playing in fantasy doesn't matter. And that is a horrifically bad team.
Speaker 2: They've lost what ten in a row, beating back to last year or something like that, ten or alloted.
Speaker 3: They've lost twenty to twelve, thirty three to nineteen forty one, twenty and.
Speaker 5: Twenty six nothing. Yeah, fun took Baltimore. I mean, I'm mount What do I have to say?
Speaker 2: It isn't I switches because I just I know the Cardinals aren't great and the Christs are terrible.
Speaker 5: Into it a little well. I just the injury report talked me into it.
Speaker 3: It's if MATC.
Speaker 2: Jones had Juwan Jennings and Rocky Pierce all tonight, I probably would not have switched. But he's got no options. He's got McCaffrey and nobody else. Until the defensive.
Speaker 3: Line of the Rams is very good, they're just really short over by Thursday.
Speaker 5: You got that going for you. That's a good part.
Speaker 3: But even if I'm out, I can just stop worrying about it. Then on Sunday you can cheer for Houston Fair Fair the Ravens, Hogs, the Ravens.
Speaker 5: The Ravens.
Speaker 2: The Gophers take on number one Ohio State six thirty this Saturday.
Speaker 5: Right here on the fan, You're home for Golden Gopher football.
Speaker 2: The Ohio State Buckeyes are twenty three and a half point favorites.
Speaker 3: They are four or no. The Gophers are.
Speaker 5: Three and one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta watch right. Like I said, I just hope it doesn't screw up the SNL.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I start at ten thirty, right on time. Don't push the eleven o'clock or the ten o'clock news back. I hate that garbage. Get that game done in time, so we can start the news at ten SNL at ten thirty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think, as.
Speaker 3: Conzuemius broke down earlier, this is a hammer of an Ohio State team. They they are good everywhere. Defensively, they're outstanding. It'll be loud, I think he said off the air, what of all the third and longs their defense has faced? They've given up third and six are longer? They've given up one.
Speaker 2: Well, and we're the opposite run all the numbers about third and long. The Vikings have essentially not we're talking about you're talking about the Gophers. Sorry you say the Gophers? Yeah, yeah, and then I do win meat sauce on it for sure.
Speaker 3: Hey, I thought I wasn't listening though, I wasn't listening to meet sauce. No, I completely meet sauce that one. So they've they've given up one third and long all year, all year, Third and six are longer. I think can see me set off the air. Ohio State has given up one and what is the number?
Speaker 2: Five and a half points a game they've given them yep, yeah, face Drake Lincy.
Speaker 3: No, they haven't. And he was very good, very good. But the Rutgers secondary is terrible, but he still looked great.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 2: I did not care for the fact that Ben basically is like Miles Garrett's play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's probably.
Speaker 3: I didn't think he'd say he's more worried about this game than I didn't think he would that that kind of caught me off guard. How about this quickly for a thing that nobody but like four people care about. So in the NFL draft this year, they Browns had the second pick. They moved back from two to five and got a first round pick in next year's draft and got the fifth overall pick. They took Mason Graham. The Jags traded up and got Travis Hunter. There are reports already that Travis Hunter is a bust, and that's are you seeing how little he's playing on defense? Fairly, but he's barely playing on offense. He barely plays. Yeah, I don't know, man. They gave up a ton to take him, and a lot of people took him high in fantasy leagues because of the you know, a lot of people said that he was the best wide receiver in the draft. He barely plays. I think the best play he has so far in four or five games is his blocking on a third down or whatever. It's a weird bit.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen him play at all yet this year.
Speaker 3: All I've all I remember, though, is what people were concerned about beforehand, that if you're going to take him in the top five, he has to be either an elite receiver or an elite cornerback.
Speaker 5: You can just be really good at both, because that's a cool gimmick.
Speaker 3: You're like, oh cool, a really good wide receiver a really good corner If you're not a shutdown corner or a game changing wide receiver, can't take either in the top five, right, So if that's what he is, I know it's early, it's four games, but hey, and the Jags are better than we all thought too. Yeah, they have a good coach. Man.
Speaker 5: Think if he gets better because so far it's trending the right way.
Speaker 3: I don't know if this is one of those revival renaissance years for Trevor Lawrence or not. But everybody's really down on Trevor Lawrence. But the Jags are playing pretty well so far. They're three and one and nine. Who do they in a terrible division? Really bad division? And I don't who do they play this weekend? Hang on one second, hang on one of us. The Gophers they do They're forty five metshats they play?
Speaker 5: Hang on? Do they play? It doesn't matter, It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: No, We'll talk to Tom Pello Sarah on a second. We'll ask him about the Lamar Jackson situation. See if Chris is screwed. We'll talk about the Minnesota Vikings injury report and the Browns game Sunday morning right here on the fan eight thirty kickoff against six thirty pre game with Muss and the rest of the Vikings pregame show, including Hawkins Sauce. Around seven to fifteen, should I set my alarm for seven fourteen just in case I oversleep? Because I normally get up about six on Sunday same the old body clock wakes me up, so I'll be up before that. But to be great, I'm gonna set my alarm for seven to fourteen just in case.
Speaker 5: Paul, Yeah, because I want to hear you. Oh that's kind of you.
Speaker 3: Replied, Just over sleep on it, Tom Bellisaro, next.
Speaker 4: Your scers, Hey Rubes.
Speaker 1: This football season, Belt Bank is giving one KFE and listener each week one thousand dollars to pay it forward.
Speaker 5: To a charity of their choice.
Speaker 1: Just head over to Cafe dot com cybre Contest to learn more. In jest today, that's Cafe dot Com Cure Contest. And by the way, this week's Bell Bank charity is Firefighters for Healing Kenzie Sylvi one and Firefighters for Healing supports burn survivors and their families, firefighters and first responders. They seek to support guidance and education and comfort in ways that care professionals and insurance companies are unable.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back to the Power to At Morning show. It is Thursday, a little after eight twenty. It's eight twenty five, which means it's time for.
Speaker 3: Tom Pellasaro of the NFL Network thanks to our friends at bell Bank.
Speaker 5: Hey, good morning, Tom, How are you good morning?
Speaker 4: I am fantastic.
Speaker 3: How you guys doing We're just doing it fantastically well as well.
Speaker 2: Ben Lieber is in England. Chris Hockey's in England. I don't know why you can't get sent to England. NFL Networks got a budget for that. You could have done the double Ireland England trip. But whatever, it looks like you're stuck at home. No comment Cory, Oh, okay, Okay, we'll move on to the next part. Okay, let's start with this. So we were just talking last segment that you know, we have a Power Trip survivor this year, and Chris took Baltimore, and we're pretty convinced he took him, like four days ago. I don't think Chris realizes that Lamar Jackson might not play and the Cooper rush might start. What it's the latest that you're hearing, is is Lamar slated to start or not on Sunday?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, here's what we know. He has a hamstring injury. John Harbaugh said there is no way he could have gone back into that game, even if the score were more competitive last week. Knowing Lamar's play style, it's hard to imagine that a hamstring injury that keeps you from returning to a game on one Sunday is magically going to heal enough for you to be out there the following Sunday. Having said that, there are a lot of examples through the course of time of Lamar Jackson not practicing most of the week and then just kind of magically healing himself and being able to be out there, whether it was through illness or injury, so it bears monitoring. We'll see if he practices at all. I would not think that he would play without practicing. And he also took at the schedule. They've got to buy in week seven hamstring injuries, I mean, depending on the grade. Obviously the son that are very severe, but even if it's a you know, kind of a lower grade type of hamstring, given a guy three weeks off with a buy here is probably the smart thing to do. It just comes at this inflection point the Ravens season where you know, if they dropped these next two games, they're you know, they're they're in a one in five hole and you're trying to climb out of it. This is also why, for the first time in a long time, they invested in a backup quarterback. You know, they've kind of cycled through these guys the Snoop hunt Leaves of the world for years. With Cooper Rush, you know, they paid him. He got a legit. I believe it was a two year deal to come in there, and that was in part because you know, he's won a lot of games in the league, He's had to play in Dallas. You look at his record as a starter. I mean a minimum, he's able to keep it competitive with a backup quarterback. You're just hoping that guy can really go five hundred in the short term for you. The fascinating part about that, though, is Cooper Rush definitely does not play the same way as Lamar Jackson. I mean, this is a pure pocket passing type of it off, so they'd have to do a lot of things differently here. I would say right now, you know, Thursday morning, if I had to guess, I would say that you're going to be holding your you know what's about Looper Rush trying to keep you in that Survivor Bowl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy too, because you know, the Ravens are one of those teams. On paper, they are a Super Bowl contending team. They just have had a couple of weird games. They have some injuries. They are the sixth best odds of winning the Super Bowl and they're one in three. They're eleven to one.
Speaker 2: And I think most of it's tom because you look at that division, right, Joe Burrow's not coming back anytime soon. Cleveland and mess As we're going to see this weekend. Pittsburgh's three and one.
Speaker 3: But I don't know if anybody actually believes in Pittsburgh. So the division is theirs to take even at one in three, and again, only the Bills, Eagles, Packers, Lions, and Chiefs have better odds than the Ravens too well.
Speaker 6: And you'd also say the only game where they've been all classed was this past week.
Speaker 4: I mean, the Chiefs just played better.
Speaker 6: They got Exavier Worthy back, they were the better team the other two games.
Speaker 4: I mean not to put it on one guy, but Derek Henry.
Speaker 6: Fumbles and pull those games, and it's you know, they might they easily could three and one, but for one of your best players coffing up the football.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: The real issue for Baltimore though, is that defense. I mean, they've been terrible, but then you look at their injury report and you realize, you know, at least part of the reason they've been terrible. I mean, I want to say, they had, you know, like nine returning Pro Bowl players from a year ago, and like six of them are hurt right now. I mean there's all kinds of Marlin Humphrey's not going to play this week, probably gonna be out for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: Ro Kwan Smith, Is that right?
Speaker 6: Now non Amutadks out for the season, which is a big deal. Kyle van Noy's been out. I mean you're going like a who's who of who's on that team. Nate Wiggins got banged up last week. I mean, that's a ton of your starters on defense. They're kind of they're patchworking it. You know, you may have to go out there and score forty points every week right now with where they are from an injury perspective, you know, and without Lamar Jackson, it's be a lot harder to do.
Speaker 3: Hey, Tom, yesterday they are I think it was yesterday that they named Dylan Gabriel the starter, and then they were interviewing Shader Sanders in the locker room and he did this like miming bit what do you make of all of that? And kind of the way that he Sanders has handled this whole situation.
Speaker 4: I want to say.
Speaker 6: This carefully here, Sauce, but I think that every week that passes you see another reason that Hudor Sanders won the fifth round. Yeah, and that's not because he can't play. It's you know, and it's you know, in hindsight, there was all this pushback on he it's not going to be a problem.
Speaker 4: You're not going to deal with it. People are overthinking it.
Speaker 6: And you know, it's like last week he comes out and says, hey, most teams be starting me right now, but you know, I guess not here, and you know, then that gets some blowback, and then so yesterday he goes and you know, is conducting the interview but not actually talking. I mean, I've never seen anything like it. And it's just with a third string quarterback. Who doesn't love your third string quarterback to be the center of attention. This should be a big day for Dylan Gabriel stepping in, getting his opportunity a guy that they really like. I mean, if you think about how Kevin Stefanski wants to play offense, it's just see it and rip it. It's rhythm passing. Guys are going to be open, just get the ball out of your hands. That's not really Chadur's game. Chadeur's an extend the plays, try to create something down the field player. He did have some success obviously in that you know that preseason opener. It's preseason, but it was impressive. It's the reason that he's still on the roster right now. Even though the following week he was banged up and didn't play in the second preseason game. But with Dylan Gabriel, he's the guy who profiles like Kevin Stefanski quarterback. The only reason you know that he fell to the third round was size. He's five to eleven. It's not the shortest quarterback in the NFL. You know, guys like Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray have played good football at a you know, a reduced height, but you know, that's just something that works against him. Plus he's a left handed quarterback. That's not for everyone. But the way that the Browns look at it as this guy might be Bo Nicks just a few inches shorter if he can play that same way. He's played a ton of football. He broke Bodex's record for college starts, he broke his record for totally get one hundred and eighty eight total touchdowns six years of college. I don't know how many degrees he came out with, but he had a lot of productivity at the college level. You know, let's see. You know, the other issue here is the moment that Dylan Gabriel gets on the field, it does start the clock ticking from a public and media perception standpoint of what is Shador gonna get a shot? Chador was never gonna leap frog Dylan Gabriel. Dylan Gabriel was the third round pick, Shador was the fifth. They both had good moments, they both had rocky moments through the course of camp. And you know, now the Dylan Gabriel gets his shot, but you know that, you know it know it won't be as much of a factor this week in London. But when they come back to Cleveland and if Gabriel, you know, has some bumps in the road, there's the people are gonna be calling for Shador. There's we're gonna be word Shador Sanders jerseys in the crowd, the Dylan Gabriel jerseys. And that's just the fact. So it was a really weird it's a weird thing to do, Like it's not it's not damaging, you know, it's I mean, the other scenario would have been he comes out and just says, well, I should be starting over Dylan Gabriel, which is a bigger problem. But it's still weird, and it's just part of this this pattern of you know, whether it's a lack of self awareness or lack of maturity. It's just kind of you know, he keeps putting himselves in situations where we're talking about someone who just from an organizational standpoint, you generally don't want to be.
Speaker 4: Being talked about, which is your third string quarterback.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and self awareness is the key, because what ESPN was saying yesterday was that his mind stunt was in response to Rex Ryan basically saying should or Sanders should keep his mouth shut and stop talking.
Speaker 6: So and Rex was, I mean, I watched that clip yesterday, but that's that that's over the top. I mean, listen, like I get it. Rex is a former, you know, coach in the league. That felt to me, I'm not criticizing Rex, but it felt like we were going over the line into the personal area, which is you know, going back to the pre draft process where I caught a lot of flak for the things that I reported and wrote just talking to people within the league, but like those were the objectively true facts. People did not have good interactions with Shador Sanders in the pre draft process. There were questions about how is he going to function outside an environment where his dad's his coach like he has been since going back to high school and youth football, the accountability structures are just different when now you're in a different building and you know whether it's I mean getting again, these are minor transgressions, but they're part of the broader picture. You go out, you get two you know, high level of speeding tickets, you know early on, and you know through the thing you have multiple, you know, little injuries that pop up, like you know, I don't know, is he you know, fully taking care of his body the way that he needs to. Is you just kind of get away with the same stuff he did in college. I don't have the answers to that, but you know what he said last week, what he didn't say yesterday. It's just, you know, these are just all part of the Schudor Sanders experience.
Speaker 4: I have no doubt.
Speaker 6: Listen, I believe we'll see Schudor Sanders play at some point this season. If Jimmy Haslam said that back in camp, he said, we got to see these guys and that is part of a bigger picture here, which is a Browns team that, whether they called a rebuild or not, they're rebuilding. Their draft class has been really good. Real Mason Graham Carson Schwessinger is a dude. He's been unbelievable. Quinchot Judkins now that he's on the field. The other back that they took, Harold Fannon, Isaiah Bonder they signed as an under at free agent.
Speaker 4: Like those are building block type of pieces.
Speaker 6: You got to figure out you have something in Dylan Gabriel, Do you have something in Stoud or if you don't, you're sitting on two first round picks next year because you got the Jaguars pick from the Travis Hunter trade and the Browns pick might be a pretty high one depending how you know, the rest of the season goes here, you're gonna have the opportunity to go out and draft a quarterback in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: You have to get an evaluation for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: And to the.
Speaker 6: Extent that anybody's focused in on, well, why isn't shudor the two? Chadeur should not want to be the two this week. You should not want to be in a position where you didn't get any of the reps. You know they're given all the reps to Dylan Gabriel this week. You shouldn't want it to be. Hey, third quarter, it's competitive game. Shout, go out there, and you haven't thrown any of these guys all week, and you're you know, you're completely going off metal rep.
Speaker 4: You shouldn't want that.
Speaker 6: When it's Shador Sanders' time, he'll he'll ascend to a different position on the depth chart.
Speaker 4: Right now, he's still the three. And I'm really fascinated to see.
Speaker 6: What Dylan Gabriel can do as the first rookie quarterback to ever make his first start in an international game.
Speaker 4: And oh yeah, going up against.
Speaker 6: The Brian Flores defense, it should be fuck.
Speaker 3: Not to keep hammering Shaudur because we've already talked to him minutes more about him.
Speaker 5: We probably should have.
Speaker 2: But just to go back to the Rex Ryan thing, if Rex Ryan says basically, hey should do or keep your mouth shut, we don't need to hear from him, and you want to do the mind trick control him. If you're Patrick Mahomes or Josh Allen or Lamar Jack, if you're an established quarterback, we could sit here and go like is it worth it?
Speaker 5: Like getting into a meme fight or a mind fight.
Speaker 2: In this case, I guess with Rex Ryan you'd say just move on, But it just looks so like a lack of self awareness where it should be about Dylan Gabriel and your opportunities and you're on a team, but instead you're you're worried about what Rex Ryan is saying about and you're acknowledging that he's getting to you by doing the mime thing. I just I don't know, man, he just he can't help himself. And that's what basically I saw the entire panel on that show yesterday say, is like should do has just got to get somebody is here to say, like, well, just stop worrying about everything else and just go freaking play football.
Speaker 5: But I don't know if it's ever going to get it.
Speaker 4: It was out of his own mouth last week.
Speaker 6: I yeah, no other places I'd be playing a lot of a lot of people be playing me now, but I'm not playing here. Well, I mean, you told multiple teams not to draft to you, including the Ravens, who this week, Oh yeah, I need a backup quarterback to play now. It probably would have been Cooper Rush. They'd already signed him by the time we got to the draft. But you know, you chose, you know, to a degree, you at least it tried to influence the process once he wasn't a high draft pick to try to get to a place where you thought he had a shout to get on the field.
Speaker 4: But listen, fifth.
Speaker 6: Round quarterbacks don't start it just it doesn't happen. It's extremely rare. You know that you have a brock Party, which was I believe during his first year, or you have a you know, a Tom Brady who really got his opportunity in his you know, second year. Like there's just not a lot of opportunities. Are you know instances that through the course of time, you know you're in this spot. Man, Like it's again, I don't want to hammer you door because everybody says like he's not a bad he's not a bad guy.
Speaker 4: Like people like him.
Speaker 6: Everything I've heard in the building, you know, they kind of shrug their shoulders and shake their heads at this stuff, like he's good on a day to day basis. But you know, my question would just be, how hard is it too when you're asked about just go hey, man, love Dylan Gabriel fired up for my opportunity is coming.
Speaker 4: But I'm gonna do everything to support him this week. That's it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we all love the more interesting answers, But is a mind routine going to help you in the big picture.
Speaker 4: I don't know that any of these things help you in the big picture.
Speaker 3: Hey, Tom, how do you think the Travis Hunter experiment is going?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 6: You know, he's got I think thirteen catches, no touchdowns, and he's defended one pass on defense. So you'd say right now that you're not getting the maybe the instant impact, the splash that you would anticipate getting from any player at a skill position up at the top of the draft. I think it's way too soon to say this is a bus they made a mistake to trade up for mean, Travis Hunter is taking on something we've never seen anyone take on. You know, he's playing offense one half, defense another half. He's going back and forth. I mean, he's playing like eighty snaps a game. That's a challenge, man. And it goes back to something that you know, as much as Travis kept saying in the pre draft process, all you know, I want to I can do it. I played one hundred and forty SAPs hundred sixty STAPs a game in college. I can do it in the pros. Absolutely want to do it.
Speaker 4: I talked to a lot.
Speaker 6: Of coaches head coaches about this, and everybody had different things that they raised of like how hard this is going to be. It's not just the stamina and the conditioning. Travis Hunter clearly has that part, but it's the detail anytime you're a rookie coming into the league, the detail that goes into route running and the nuances the offense and the checks or defensively, all the checks that you're making there and the nuances and the detail of your technique, like it's around the clock type of an undertaking. Now you're trying to do that double. You're trying to play both positions. You know, the reason that they trade up to number two is they thought they've got a really unique guy who's gonna be able to impact the game in both ways. You know, I'm not gonna sit here after four games and question the way that they went about it. It'll be interesting to see as the season goes on, coming out of the by going into year two, do they adjust some things in terms of, you know, what they're putting on his plate. But right now, I mean, the guy's drinking from a fire hose. We know that he's really talented.
Speaker 4: Player.
Speaker 6: He's not the biggest guy on the field, he never will be, but he competes. He's certain got ball skills. You know, let's see did they kind of you know, utilize them in different ways And also mentioned this is not like it's a.
Speaker 4: Bad Jaguars team.
Speaker 6: They're winning games right now, so what they're doing in the big picture, you know, clearly is working. But listen, he's on a team right now. Where Travis etn has been one of the most fascinating stories in the entire league this year, going from a guy that people didn't even think was going to start to be one of the top backs in the league. You got Brian Thomas Junior there, You've got Britain streams, you got a lot of mouths to feed on offense and defensively. You know, they got other guys that they're trying to get going.
Speaker 4: Like I get it.
Speaker 6: You know, there's a plan. It's a not a four game plan, it's a four year plan. Let's see where this thing goes. But you know, to the extent of what do we think we were going to get, we probably thought we were going to get a bunch of highlights, a bunch of viral plays, that hasn't happened yet. I imagine that they're coming at some point here, but he's just he's taken on a lot and you're probably seeing a little bit of that.
Speaker 2: All right, final thing or two for Tom Pelasero, NFL Networked thanks to our friends at bel Bank again, Vikings and Browns Sunday eight thirty, Right here on the fans.
Speaker 3: Six thirty pre game, What are you looking for? What did I say?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I thought also I thought I dropped ESPN or something.
Speaker 4: You're like, no, you can listen to you can listen to PA and have the sound off.
Speaker 6: Although you know we well, I guess ratings aren't impacted by sounds, So sure, beat.
Speaker 5: Our guys there you go.
Speaker 3: All right, So six thirty pre game, eight thirty kickoff? What are you watching for? What injuries concerned you on both sides? What what strategies.
Speaker 2: Should both teams be imploring based on who they're facing Sunday morning?
Speaker 6: The Vikings injury situation is not great. I mean the offensive line. You know, Brian Kelly's not going to play this week. Obviously, the rookie guard is not going to play this week, and Brian O'Neil's not going to play, so you're and you're your backup center. Also, you know, Jurgen's is still not practicing either, so you might have a third string center and a backup guard, a backup right tackle in front of Carson Wentz against what might be the best defense in the league. And that's not hyperbole. I know Miles garretted in prize history because of an ankle. Miles has a lot of Wednesdays off. If he's not out there the next couple of days, I'll get concerned.
Speaker 4: But he's is a lot of weeks for Miles isn't practicing on Wednesdays.
Speaker 6: They're you know, by and large, you know, obviously they've got some guys that haven't been available all season for them, but by and large, they're they're pretty healthy on that side of the ball. Again, they got some young guys who are really impressive on that defense as well. So the offensive lives is the biggest concern to me, you know, how they use Miles Garrett. Obviously, Christian Deriso is rounding into form here, probably getting closer to one hundred percent than he was when he first.
Speaker 4: Went out there.
Speaker 6: That's a good thing. But anytime you got three backup offensive lineman. That's a that's a huge concern, you know, to me, if I'm Kevin O'Connell, you know this is this is kind of a pivotal game in the season too, because you know you're coming off obviously the loss in Dublin.
Speaker 4: You're two and two.
Speaker 6: You've played, you know, two or at least one and a half if you could hear the second half of the Bears game, good games, and he played two not good games at all. Obviously, the Vikings made it really competitive last week in Park is the way that the Steelers tried to manage that end of the fourth quarter, but they had They haven't played well in two of these games. So three and two and two and three going into your buy is going to feel a lot different, especially because when the schedule came out, you were thinking, we got an opportunity to turn two road games into two neutral site games. We should be able to get these. You got to get a win over the Browns. It's as simple as that. So for Kevin O'Connell, I'm thinking, how do I utilize my best players, how do I despite the protection issues, despite you know, the injuries, how do I get the ball to Justin Jefferson. How do I get to Jordan Addison more than we co algo TJ Hawkinson. Those are my guys, Like, how do I Addam feeling too when he's in the game on third down? How do I get the ball in those guys' hands? And just try to make this as easy of a game as I possibly can under tough circumstances. For Carson Wentz, you know, defensively, obviously we're watching Andrew Van Ginkle through the course of this week and whether he's able to go. I mean that the impact that he's able to make is pretty significant, you know, when he's out there and when he's healthy. So you know, all those are our injury factors here. But you know, probably the biggest factor in this game is just how does Dylan Gabriel handle the pressure.
Speaker 4: They're going to design a game plan.
Speaker 6: I'm sure that it all is just getting the football out of his hands as quickly as possible, not letting Brian Flores cloud the picture. But flows about as good as anybody in the league. Get throwing different stuff at people, and in this case, you got a guy who's played a lot of football, but it was a lot of college football. Let's see, you know what type of Does he flood the zones and drop everybody or does he come at this kid. I'd imagine it's going to be a mix and'll be fun to see exactly what he grows up.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it, Tom, talk to you next week man.
Speaker 4: Thanks fellas.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Tom Bella Sero NFL Network, thanks to our friends at Bell Bank.
Speaker 5: Thanks great. He knows a lot.
Speaker 3: He does know a lot. Yeah, he knows considerably more than the two of us coming. Yeah, especially about football, sure, and probably other things. Do you think he would have taken the Ravens in a survivor league? It sounds like no. Now it's time for head line headlines brought you by my friends at a Wolf River Electric and Wolfriverelectric dot Com. Go Solar.
Speaker 2: You get those solar panels put on in twenty twenty five. They're awesome, The panels are sweet, the people are nice.
Speaker 5: They'll walk you through it.
Speaker 2: If you want to get a free quote all that stuff, go to well Wolfriverelectric dot Com.
Speaker 3: Thanks Wolf River Electric.
Speaker 2: A seventeen year old boy in Florida fabricated his own abduction and even went so far to shoot himself in the leg.
Speaker 5: What hey, man, if you get abducted and you might get hurt.
Speaker 2: So he's saying, like, if I'm gonna fake my abduction, I'm gonna shoot myself in the.
Speaker 3: Leg and make it look like I really got roughed up.
Speaker 5: Why go through that at all? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's got to be some kind of a sympathy vibe or a financial vibe. You got to do something right. It's either for attention or for money. Yeah, I love attention, but I shoot myself in the leg. Would you for money? How about attention and money? Like, if you get shot in the legal you're look, you're you're you have a good level of regional fame. You get shot in the leg, it's gonna be on every major TV station in the Twin Cities, right, Kfans meets a shot in the leg.
Speaker 5: So you're gonna get a lot of attention. Yeah, what if.
Speaker 3: Somebody says you're also gonna get paid like fifty K and a week of coverage?
Speaker 5: How bad is the injury? It's a gunshot under the leg? Does it mess up my calves?
Speaker 3: I thought you were gonna say, like your you know, reps or your exercise or what?
Speaker 5: Right? Those are cats of steel? Yeah? I don't know.
Speaker 3: A woman, a woman in Kentucky's accused of damaging a Little Caesar's restaurant after she learned that the extra sauce wasn't free. What I like that out of about ninety percent of headlines, I read the headline and sauce goes what just shocked and surprised.
Speaker 5: After everyone paul your hands up, the.
Speaker 1: Little Caesar's lady would hawk, well, yeah, she's hot and ready and pissed.
Speaker 5: Well played.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Chris would pay for the extra sauce because he doesn't care is Little Caesar?
Speaker 5: Is that still their bit hot ready pizza in the NFL.
Speaker 3: I thought whoever got a hold of Little Caesar's and turned it around has done a really good job, because Little Caesars when it first came out was outstanding. Then it kind of hit a rough patch. Now it's kind of back. That was a hell of it ride. We just went on, thank you. I mean it's no Seventh Avenue pizza. I feel like that was a documentary on Little Caesars. Yeah, when it first came out good, then it hit a real weird another I think so. A Piggly Wiggly cash here in South Carolina gave a woman the wrong lottery ticket. Oh no, but the gal instead of saying like, hey, this is the wrong one, she's like, whatever, I'll just keep this one. It doesn't matter, not the end of the world. And she won three hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: But you go back and help that. Give that lady some cash.
Speaker 3: I think you'd have to give her. Yes, yes, you'd have to, Zach. Do you like those gas stations piggy Wiggily Yeah, I've never been to one. So aren't Piggy Wiggily's grocery stores? Not the gas stations. I'm pretty sure they're grocery store. It's the show Cory and I are watching. They mentioned wah wah was great, that's a gas station, right, yes, but that's like, uh yeah, not steroids.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you guys know that a lot of fast food joints now are starting to integrate AI into the drive through in some shape or form.
Speaker 3: It's I have for a while though, but it's not all. But it's not like universal. They're all starting to kind of dip their toes into it, Like how can we make this more efficient. How can we make this better by using AI? Can we get the fast food process through quicker?
Speaker 5: I think it's kind of interesting. Last year before I tell you what this year is.
Speaker 3: Last year, what do you think the average time to go through a drive through was across all US drive throughs? Oh?
Speaker 5: Good question.
Speaker 3: So you've got a factor in the ones that have no lines because nobody likes going anymore and you go right through, and then tho's other ones where there's significant weights because they're popular as hell.
Speaker 4: One minute you.
Speaker 5: Think it's one minute on average?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is to order to drive up to get your food to pay, you think a minute, minute and a half. Okay, you're going one minute and a half, and you must door dash a lot. I've never used storagage, Zachary. I was gonna say three and a half, you're gonna go three. But I went through one of those Chick fil A mobile throughs the other day. The line was like, I mean, legitimately fifteen cars. There's never been a more popular And I.
Speaker 1: Drove right through the mobile through line right to the front, passed all of them.
Speaker 5: It was awesome. Yeah, use the app.
Speaker 3: So last year, the average drive through time in the US five minutes twenty six seconds was way off. Yep, that was like one minute. Where are you going five minutes and twenty six seconds? However, since some of these fast food joints have started to add AI to find ways to go faster, the average is now nine seconds slower. What so what fourth straight headline? You've just s took bonus the other day and get in here fair? But just in general, isn't that interesting that so far.
Speaker 2: They haven't figured out how to use it to maximize efficiency. They're just going to have to slow roll it like everybody else because a lot of us are trying to figure out how do I make my life more efficient with AI?
Speaker 3: I'll say this, and I'm not paid to say this, and you didn't tell me to say this. I went to your spot yesterday, the one in Egan, after I dropped Kelly and Louis off at the airport.
Speaker 5: My spot being raising canes, raising canes. I went to the one in Egan. I ordered. I didn't want the toast. What yeah?
Speaker 4: What? What?
Speaker 5: Because?
Speaker 3: What did you get?
Speaker 5: You didn't get cole slot d. I got extra sauce.
Speaker 3: The sauce.
Speaker 5: You're doing it wrong. No, I'm not. I'm just saying thank you, Zach. They handed me the cup. It's a bad deal though for it.
Speaker 3: I turned around, filled up my drank and by the time I turned back around before I walked out, it was fresh lot ready outstanding. Course, it was so good. I'm trying to convince myself not to go back there today.
Speaker 5: That's how good. You shouldn't get.
Speaker 1: The extra sauce because sauce is like thirty five cents probably.
Speaker 5: But I didn't even eat the Coleslaw.
Speaker 3: Well, of course, because it's rabbit Pews don't get the coslaw again. Even Todd Graves, no, it's not. Even Todd Graves, the founder and owner of Raising Knes, is like hard pass on his own Coleslaw. He's like, I don't understand Coleslaw, but people seem to like it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Even he was like, Nola, he gets it. Yeap, so good. What what's Tuesday? Knes is coming in on Tuesday? Oh hell yeah, Well then I won't go.
Speaker 3: The guy on the Pringles can has a name, Uh guess, Pete Pringle. I mean you're very close, Pat Pringle, Pringle chip s Minnyle chip Pringle is a very creative name. But that is incorrect. Bend over Pringles, bendover Pringles. Yeah, Candy Anita bath. His name is Julius Pringles. Come on, how high falutin is he? Uh?
Speaker 5: Favorite kind of Pringles go.
Speaker 4: So weird?
Speaker 3: Because you guys would vomit sour creem was on your plate. I've never had barbecue sauce in my life. I love barbecue chips. I've never had the sauce never will. Sour cream in onion would make me throw up. They're my favorite chips, sour cream and onion. Pringles, although Stacks were better, what happened is Stacks they're gone. I don't They're not even in Target anymore. Yeah, you guys, Stacks were better than Pringles. I still like Pringles, but I was on team Stacks and none of they disappeared.
Speaker 5: Ye wonder if.
Speaker 3: Julius Springles slipped a little money to Target and said, can we get the stacks off this shelf?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 3: Do you think somebody today who's going to work at like a like camps right across the street spot, do you think they work with as many weird eaters as I work with? Surrounded by free we won't eat in front of people. There's a multitude of things you won't eat same with Zack, same same. Yeah, we got weird eaters here for sure.
Speaker 5: Which is fine.
Speaker 3: But maybe I should cut back a few things. Coleslaw, what's wrong? I love Coleslaw, always have. It's delicious. I gotta find somewhere to go because I up my house.
Speaker 5: Who goes to knees and says.
Speaker 3: I don't want more toasts? I also I also didn't eat the sixth finger. Our Nordo is Nordo coming over on Saturday and update.
Speaker 5: He's never said anything. Maybe bring that sixth finger and see what happens?
Speaker 4: Hey, you all right?
Speaker 3: Initials tomorrow one hundred thousand, five hundred dollars up for grabs at the same Paul Federal Credit Union Initials jackpot that today fifteen Alicia Lewis from Carolevin's Gonna play. She's the Best.
Speaker 5: Begod to see her.
Speaker 3: Just Hackle check in from England nine to noon is next. Come to listen back to Today's Power Trip Morning Show or to hear previous shows.
Speaker 6: Podcast is on the iHeartRadio app or KFAI dot com.