Speaker 1: It's the second date update, Mojo in the morning.
Speaker 2: All right, time now for second date update? Why are you not getting a call? Delaney's getting ghosted? Delaney, You guys went to a Pistons game. You probably saw a cavet the Pistons game there, and you had your first date going to a game, and now he's not calling.
Speaker 1: You back after that date? Yep?
Speaker 2: Wow, What do you think is going on? Do you think that there's somebody else in his life? You mean he's got somebody else going on?
Speaker 3: Or I honestly don't know. I'm not really that surprised when it comes to guys, but I felt like the date went really well. So that's the only reason why I'm calling you, guys, because I'm genuinely confused.
Speaker 2: That's kind of wild, though, that guys do this a lot. This is their thing. They just kind of go on on a date, have fun, you know, and then just never call back. I'll say, guys, girls, to be fair, yea, what was the last thing that was said when you guys said goodbye to each other?
Speaker 1: Said good night to each other?
Speaker 3: He literally said good night. He gave me a hug, very respectful, which I gave him points for and I was like, great, hope to see you soon, and he was like, yep.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Because I feel like if he really liked do you guys, he would have been like, Okay, let's hang out on.
Speaker 2: Thursday, or he's happy and as respectful and he's giving her a kiss or something too. But the yep is kind of let's find out what's going on. Delaney say hello to Colin.
Speaker 3: Hey, Colin, remember me?
Speaker 2: Okay, Colin, Hey Mojo in the morning, you're on the air with us, and Delaney called us to do second date update and wants to know what's going on and if there's a possibility of maybe a second date.
Speaker 5: Yeah, uh, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: You're not sure that there's a possibility of a second day?
Speaker 5: No, did you.
Speaker 4: Enjoy your first day?
Speaker 5: I mean it was okay. I just thought I don't know, I just there was just a couple of things that made me feel like it was a little off.
Speaker 1: What were the couple of things that made you feel off? Well?
Speaker 5: I mean I don't know. I just felt like I felt like she was a little selfish, you know, selfish?
Speaker 1: Sorry, why was she selfish?
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, like, as a guy you're you're expected to, you know, do your due diligence and pay for pay for everything. But I mean I paid for everything in a car and parking and that kind of stuff and and tickets and food and and I think it would have been a nice gesture if she had offered to pay for you know, one or two things. And I really.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't Delaney, Delaney, you didn't offer to do anything.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, he asked me out, and it's very expected that when a guy asks someone out that he pays for what they're doing that day.
Speaker 5: So no, I didn't offer.
Speaker 3: But that's not weird, that's normal.
Speaker 1: So what you are saying, what, how is the date? You know? How did it happen? Like he said, Hey, I want to take you to a to a Pistons game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have mutual friends and he reached out to me through one of my friends and asked me out on a date to go to a distance game.
Speaker 2: Okay, and so he picks you up, I'm assuming, and takes you to the game. You guys go to Little Caesars and go to the game park and she yeah.
Speaker 3: Heah, We go to dinner, we go to the game, We get a drink. He seemed really normal.
Speaker 2: He's got tickets, so he had tickets already. He paid for parking, he paid for dinner, he paid for drinks. Colin, where do you where do you think that she should have been offering to help?
Speaker 5: I think I think like looking at looking at drinks. For example, I had two drinks, and I think if we had stopped it too, that would have been I would have been fine. But then she goes up and she she gets another expecting you know, me to pay for it.
Speaker 2: So wait, so you guys are you guys are at the concessions there, she orders the drink, and what did she do? Did she look at you like, hey, are you going to put your credit card down here and tap this?
Speaker 5: I mean yeah, I mean she didn't. You don't know she had money on her.
Speaker 2: So, Delaney, you didn't even like when you went and ordered a drink, and Colin, you did not order a drink at the concessions at that time.
Speaker 5: I mean I felt I felt like, well, I mean, I guess, I guess we're doing another one, okay.
Speaker 2: So Dlane, you didn't like even make an attempt to go towards your purse like you were gonna pay.
Speaker 3: Okay, I didn't know that he was like counting drinks all of a sudden, and I thought he was getting one with me. So no, I didn't reach for my purse because he had just paid for the last two. I thought we were getting another drink. I didn't think one was any different.
Speaker 2: Here's a question I'm gonna ask you, Shannon, and I'm lydia and beyond kind of stuff. As women, if you go out with a guy, do you just assume that everything's paid for or do you at least attempt to go.
Speaker 4: Toward Okay, So I'm very old fashioned with the whole first date thing. I do think a guy should pay for the first date my opinion, thank you.
Speaker 1: However, in your.
Speaker 4: Case, there were a lot of different pieces to this first date, and knowing myself, once we're ordering drinks inside of LCA, after he's already paid for tickets, parking, dinner, drinks, I would definitely be offering to pay for a drink or two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's me. I agree.
Speaker 6: For the most part, I do think you should have given it a second chance, because I also think as a woman, it's after the first date where I'm like, oh, this guy's very nice. He did a great job the first date. Second date, I'm like, okay, my turn, Like, let me do something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Amanda, what do you think?
Speaker 7: I agree with Shannon in the sense that I probably would have offered, but I also believe that I mean, she might just be old fashioned. I don't think there's anything wrong. I don't think she's selfish, though. I don't think that was the right word to use. I think that was a bit odd and maybe he should have given her another chance. Maybe she would have paid for the next date. So I don't know. I think he just jumped the gun on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially if.
Speaker 1: You guys had a good time. I feel like it's like miscommunication. That sort of stuff.
Speaker 4: On a first date can be really awkward and confusing. So if you had a good time, do I definitely go out again?
Speaker 1: What do you think, Sean? I don't know.
Speaker 5: She should have stayed for nothing. It's on the first date, for sure. Second date, maybe if she wants to offer something, yeah, go for it. I agree with.
Speaker 2: You, but I don't think it's necessarily Can I say something. I don't think it's Colin saying that she shouldn't she should pay. I think He's like, at least make an attempt second date, not for not really interesting Anthony, What do you think I I think you should pay for everything that's I was raised by my grandparents and that's the way a man is supposed to do it. But what about her not even making an attempt to try to say that, you know.
Speaker 5: I mean, that could be like possibly the first time in history.
Speaker 1: I'm in my forties.
Speaker 5: And I've always paid for the first date.
Speaker 2: You never had a girl though, say hey, can I split this with you or anything of that.
Speaker 5: I mean, if they do, I don't accept it.
Speaker 1: I pay for it, right, But I think I think that's what Colin's thinking.
Speaker 2: So when you got dropped off Delaney, you said something really interesting to us in the beginning, you said, it didn't seem like he was like he was kind of like or what was the words that you used, Yeah, yeah, yeah, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he gave me a hug, and I was like, okay, like this was great. I hope to see you soon, and.
Speaker 2: He said, yep, yeah, that didn't make you go something's not good here, like I should see if he's okay.
Speaker 8: Honestly, the way that he was acting, he was laughing the whole night like he was, we were chatting, we were talking. There wasn't that many signs that anything was going wrong. And if he really felt that way, he's a man, he should say something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Laura, what did you want to say?
Speaker 3: I was texting because it sounds like this could have also been an episode of.
Speaker 7: Am I the A Hole?
Speaker 3: I definitely think she should have at least offered. I mean, I haven't been on a first date in what feels like a million years, but back when I was like I would have at least been offering or maybe, depending on the situation, like insisting like no, no, no, like I got this too, because I was very proud, like I can handle myself too. I don't need you to pay for my stuff.
Speaker 2: Interesting, Uh, we got a side opinion because we feel like we're the only ones they are saying that maybe she should offered a lot of listeners are saying she shouldn't have Katie, what's up?
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 8: I was just going to say that, in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Whoever asks for the date, whoever asks you to dinner, is the one that pays for it.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's fashional thing, but that's how we were raised.
Speaker 2: Okay, a lot of people saying that, a lot of people texting that what's up Churi, Hey, yeah.
Speaker 9: I think that that is ridiculous. Just to be totally honest, I'm with shayn It and Lydion that maybe the second or third day I would pay for something, but first date, no, absolutely not. I think that he had expectations that were ridiculous. Okay, it's to hold it against her and not communicated.
Speaker 1: That's just why she had too.
Speaker 6: Made an interesting point saying, this isn't like a traditional word just going out to.
Speaker 4: There are a lot of guess, lots of different opportunities.
Speaker 1: He paid a lot. It was an expensive first date for sure.
Speaker 9: Well he should have he should have picked a dinner then for the first date. He shouldn't have picked the game because things add.
Speaker 1: Very poifully, you know what I do have.
Speaker 2: By the way, in my text, a lot of women saying they want to know where Colin goes in dates because they want to meet Colin because anybody has taken you on a date like that for a first date. They want a date that's actually that is a pretty impressive first date. And by the way, how did Kevin do? Did he do a good job at the game. I bet he did, right, crazy question, Yeah, did you get free drinks that I don't drink? You don't drink to be a different situation, It's funny you drink on this job here, but you know, maybe I need to.
Speaker 1: That is true. Let's have one right now. The five should tell your mom to carries and Shannon's Dirty on the thirty in the morning.