Speaker 1: All right, it is Mojo in the morning. Yes, good to have you guys here with us today. A couple of things I thought were interesting I want to talk about real quick. One is there was a study that was just recently done that says that the whole theory of couples should never go to bed angry is actually they say bs. They say people never going to bed angry isn't always the best advice for couples. Arguing late at night can make things worse because people are tired, hungry, and emotional, but experts suggest waiting until you're both calm and rested to actually work out the argument is probably the healthier thing to do. It's funny because of I always have heard in therapists have always said, you don't ever want to go to bed angry because it's going to give you a bad night's sleep, and you know all this stuff.
Speaker 2: My therapist says totally the opposite. Yes, Mike, Karen who actually going to see you later today? She said, especially like West and I have learned this the hard way, where we've tried to come to a resolution. If we're having some sort of conflict and then it's midnight and we're both just like exhausted and not our best. But I like, I think it's better to separate a little bit and process and calm down and then come back the next morning and like finish whatever and that you were talking about.
Speaker 3: That's what the therapists say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so much better.
Speaker 3: We can be angry.
Speaker 4: We don't got to be best friends in cool bay ya and set our differences. But you better say I love you. Well, here's an interesting I'll go to sleep and I say I love you.
Speaker 3: I don't like you right now, I love you.
Speaker 1: I always say that it's always better to just get a little angry.
Speaker 3: Section, right, huh. Ain't nothing wrong with that person.
Speaker 1: By the way, I will say this to you, And I've talked to my therapist about this one. My therapist always says, beware of the people that bring fights up at night, right before bed, because usually those people are trying to manipulate your sleep habits. And it's interesting because I told him, Yeah, a couple of times Chelse and I would get in fights because I'd bring something up before bed, and he says, you better be careful. You're trying to manipulate her sleeping And like, what do you mean like, he's basically saying, you got a problem, bring it up at three in the afternoon, Don't bring it up at you know, nine o'clock at night or ten o'clock at night. He says, you're manipulating her and her rest, and he is, that's a little too much, bro.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I are.
Speaker 1: You intentionally not wanting her to get a good, nice sleep? Throw Well, you don't necessarily think you are, but you are. I think manipulation has an intentionality factor and on it. But I'll be honest with you, I'd stop doing it. And I realized that it made me healthier person to say, hey, I'm a little, you know, upset by something at two in the afternoon, you know, before the kids are home and all that. Here's something interesting. Zip coding is a new dating trend. There's a new dating trend called zip coding, where people look up it's close to their own zip code. So the idea of dating the local, because you don't want to find yourself in a And we're going to talk about something with Anna a little later this morning on the show, because Anna is not a very good zip coding person. But that's interesting. I want to know if any of our listeners do that. Do you set your range on whatever your dating app is to be a lot tighter range because the idea that you don't potentially want to find yourself driving forty five minutes to an hour to go see the person. Because they say that one of the reasons why zip coding is so good is they find that the relationships last because people will find themselves more comfortable in that.
Speaker 3: And I like this.
Speaker 1: This is one of those topics where I sat there and I saw it and I thought, oh, this is this is actually really good. A woman goes on a date with a guy when he rejects. When she rejects his advance chanswers, he asked her to pay him back. She posted on Reddit. After spending a weekend with the man who visited her, she received a text later from him asking to pay for half of the weekend, a total cost of about one hundred and six dollars, claiming that she actually should pay for this because it didn't turn out to be a great date. People on Reddit are commenting on this saying, yeah, I think that you should probably pay wow if the date didn't go necessarily as planned, And then another person said that I don't think you deserve to have to pay for it. If he paid for it in the beginning, just because it didn't turn out great doesn't mean that you should be paying for it.
Speaker 2: The risk you take going out on a date not guaranteed.
Speaker 1: She claims that she already paid some of the expenses. She said she paid seventy dollars at a bar, and she had to pay forty dollars for parking, but the extra hundred, bless you, the extra hundred and six dollars. She didn't feel like she needed to pay because he chose to put his card down initially for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like ya, I said, that's the risk. Now's a god f like that's what you. You go out, you pay.
Speaker 3: For the date.
Speaker 1: I like the whole before you go on a date with somebody. I like the whole boy year, Are you doing okay over there? This is cold and flu season, Michael, I can you didn't turn your mic off and every other MIC's on. Remember we're in a little studio here. But I had a buddy of mine that you should say or your money back. He used to tell girls before he would go on the date. He would say to them, I will promise you a great date or your money back. And he said that he went with girls and they were like, oh, okay, great, and they thought that that was kind of fun, and it was he would pay for everything that was on the date, and he found that going into the date with that attitude was them having more fun knowing, Okay, this is actually going to be kind of cool. Yeah, he never got his money back, and I actually use a single guy still, so uh, texture here in nine five five zero zero, going to bed angry is actually not the good thing to do. My husband and I fight all the time, and I actually think that when we're fighting at night and we go to bed angry, we wake up the next morning and carry it on to a really bad work day.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then a couple other people here that say that Mojo, I think Mojo needs a new therapist. Have a great day, everyone, Probably, Lee, we were talking about going to bed angry. You wanted to comment on that, Lee.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just my mom always told me not to go to bed angry because you never know, like what are you or the other person is going to wake up?
Speaker 3: You know, that's actually a really good point.
Speaker 5: I get it with that guilt if God forbid that happen.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine, honestly, that would be horrendous guilt to have to go to UH and live with for the rest of your life.
Speaker 3: But I'll take my chances. I want a good nights. No, I'm that way.
Speaker 1: I actually feel that same way, and that's why I'm like, I got to work it out.
Speaker 3: That's why I feel like.
Speaker 5: Saying I with my husband all the time to make sure that we're in a good.
Speaker 3: Even if you don't solve it.
Speaker 4: In my mind, like you never want to leave a situation with aiding your heart everyone to go to sleep with hating your heart, and by saying I love you that releases some of it, at least in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Lee, I think angry sex is about sex too.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you think that, but what do you think any
Speaker 5: My kids are in the car, so I can't all right, Sorry about that, Mom,