Speaker 1: We and winners are going to Red Rocks.
Speaker 2: Dam Yes, we're going to Red Rocks and we're going to see the Revivalists test and that gonna be awesome, and that gonna be great. Yeah, So it always able to come together. Thank you to the Revivalists. Very hard to get tickets for shows at at Red Rocks because it's such a destination place. And by the way, it's also part of Denver, so it's not like it's people want to go there. And then obviously for a show like the Revival the Revivalists, that's gonna be a great night that's gonna be an awesome night time there have they really you know how many times I've been to Red Rocks?
Speaker 3: Is it the same amount as me?
Speaker 1: Zero zero? Isn't that hard to believe we've never been to Red Rocks.
Speaker 4: I mean, Denver is kind of far away.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, but it's still Red Rocks. It is.
Speaker 2: It is one of the most famous venues in the country, if not the most famous outdoor venue in the country, in the world, or I'm hearing even in the world that it's it's it.
Speaker 1: Is up there.
Speaker 3: It is a bucket list destination.
Speaker 1: I agree with that. I want to go, Well, I am going.
Speaker 3: To the most awarded stage in music.
Speaker 1: History, is it really? That's cool?
Speaker 3: So much show so that Pollstar magazine had to remove Red Rocks from the running when it came to the awards and named it after him.
Speaker 1: So you win the Red Rocks Award.
Speaker 3: They want eleven times in a row.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's gonna be awesome. And I've never been. I have never been.
Speaker 3: It's in Morrison, Colorado, which, as we've talked about, is right outside of Denver.
Speaker 1: And then like thirty five to forty minutes outside of Denver. I believe that it is.
Speaker 3: Think it's closer than that.
Speaker 4: Closer.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I'm in traffic.
Speaker 2: You got to get in and out, all right, So let me give you some details and then let me give you a concern.
Speaker 3: Well, I want everyone to understand how significant Red Rocks is, and I don't know if that's the case. There's been touchstones for many generations of listeners of music, whether it's U two, whether it's Stave Matthews, band Oar. My first introduction of Red Rocks was enlarged the show Detail, which was three eleven's home video in the mid nineties, where they featured their debut at Red Rocks. But I mean the freaking Beatles played Red Rocks. Burt too, he played a midweek show. But Bert went and saw Jimmy Buffett, Yes he did, but the Beatles played Jimmy Hendrix, Bob Dylan, Grateful Dead, Jethrow Tall. Do you remember what happened after the Jethro Toll shown.
Speaker 1: Was running down his nose? That's where that came from.
Speaker 3: Because of the elevation, they banned rock music for five years?
Speaker 1: Did they really? It was like this is so bad?
Speaker 3: Ye, how out of control? The crowds that we're trying to get in to see that show?
Speaker 1: Are you serious? For Jethrow Tall, Jethro Tull?
Speaker 2: Could you imagine seeing the Dead play Red Rocks? That would be amazing? Amazing.
Speaker 3: Bruce Springsteen obviously one of my favorite artists. It is the first outdoor concert he ever did. That's pretty cool, and that is because it is an acoustically perfect, naturally occurring amphitheater set in between two massive three hundred million year old stone sandstone monoliths.
Speaker 1: So when I start yelling, it will be in perfect acoustics.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be awesome. It's gonna be I can't believe we're going now. I can't believe we're going. I can't believe how quick it came together. So couple of details. Number One, the show is on Friday, September. The twenty fifth that will get to the show is on September twenty fifth, which is a Friday.
Speaker 1: So how do you win? Starting on Monday.
Speaker 2: So when we get back from the weekend, Starting on Monday, when we do hundreds a Day seven thirty nine o'clock, you'll win your cash and you will qualify to win the grand prize trip to join us in at Red Rocks.
Speaker 1: We'll do it next week and the following week. So five days next week, five days of the following week. I think that's the twenty first of August.
Speaker 2: Is that following Friday, and we'll get our grand prize winner and then we'll go the following month, so we'll get our winners and then it'll be it'll be a couple of weeks, so you can get everything scheduled and we will go. Now my only concern, well, let me make sure everybody has the understands how this works. Right, Yeah, with the qualify, you qualify during.
Speaker 1: Hundreds a Day, you get your cash, you qualify, and then we'll get our grand prize winner. Winner in that guest will join us as we go to Red Rocks to go see the revival list in the hatchet Man also playing.
Speaker 2: Be a great show. Be a great show at Red Rocks. And obviously we'll fly you out there. We'll put you up in a hotel. I'm gonna tell you you're staying in Denver. Like I know that there's airbnbs and stuff like that, but you're gonna stay in Denver.
Speaker 1: We're gonna stay in Denver. Now, I'm not gonna do to the winners what I'm gonna do to us.
Speaker 2: What do you mean, Well, the show's on Friday, the twenty fifth, right, just for the winners. Just so you know, you'll probably I have to get with the with the flight attendant people. The you'll probably fly out on Thursday. That way, you get there, you get set up, you get used to the elevation, and then Friday you're there, will go Friday when we get off the air and based on the flights.
Speaker 1: The windows good, Okay, the windows good.
Speaker 2: Here's my question though, is the Denver Airport down town or not? And I've been there, once, but I can't remember if Denver's airport is downtown or not.
Speaker 3: Isn't it famously not? And it's out way outside of the metro setting.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just I know that I've been, I've flown in there, but it was early on when that airport was done.
Speaker 3: I think it's north west or northeast.
Speaker 1: Sorry, of downtown northeast, that's over here.
Speaker 3: Here is the exact opposite direction of Red Rocks.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so we may have to go airport to show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's possible.
Speaker 1: Oh no, if it's how far outside of Denver is.
Speaker 4: It says like twenty two miles thirty one minutes?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, by the time we get the car, get to Denver, check in, and get back out get an uber, you still have to go into Denver right check in.
Speaker 2: Oh the one thing I was told, you don't want an uber out out of Red Rocks.
Speaker 1: You don't want to uber.
Speaker 4: As it's impossible.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, yeah, so by the way, we'll just rent a car. That's fine.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I don't know that we're going to have time to go from airport to hotel to Red Rocks, so we'll just go straight to Red Rocks.
Speaker 3: You see they're on the map.
Speaker 1: What am I looking at the airport and Denver? Oh yeah, that's a that's a way where's red Rocks.
Speaker 3: Red Rocks is right here. It's oh yeah, southwest.
Speaker 1: That's that's a long way to go. Yeah, well we are going through Denver to get there. Nope, we're going around. No.
Speaker 3: I mean this. It wants you to go right through the center.
Speaker 1: I don't know what hotel we're in. I don't know any of that.
Speaker 3: It sounds like it doesn't matter. We have to go straight to Yeah, which.
Speaker 4: Is the most important lot.
Speaker 3: Sometimes when we do these, just.
Speaker 1: Throw it in the car. Well, don't pack a lot anyway. You're going for a weekend.
Speaker 3: But sometimes when we go see bands and other cities or even festivals, we come up with a list and I tenor of so many other things to do that the concert is awesome, but you're so excited to see other things and do other attractions. No, our number one priority on this trip is re experiencing Rhetoric's Park and Affhitheater.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, but I am going to fill up my Saturday.
Speaker 3: We can do the dinosaur stuff too in Morrison because we talked about that, but we need to see we need to jeff this. The other day, didn't they have all this turbulent Yeah, well yeah because of the heat delays. Yeah, they had they had the heat issues. Well, they had the heat issues. That goes back a little bit. But this week there were flights out of Denver or into Denver where many people got hurt.
Speaker 1: I don't care if I hit my head. I'm still going to the show.
Speaker 3: Twenty two flights were diverted and you could stay in the car to Colorado Springs on my Oh.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to Colorado Springs. I'll never make the show.
Speaker 3: But that's what happened on Monday.
Speaker 1: But I don't want to do that.
Speaker 3: I understand that. Luckily this show does not start too early.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'm telling you. Timing wise, I'm solid. Timing wise, I'm solid if everything goes on time.
Speaker 3: You get the two hours, Yeah, you're on a mountain time, rocky mountain times.
Speaker 2: And then we got then we got all day Saturday, and then we'll then we'll come home. But I want to get the winters out a day early. Yeah, that I want to get the winters out of day early. You shouldn't have to stress like Diane's going.
Speaker 4: To Oh is that that? Evan and already say why.
Speaker 2: Oh, because you think you're gonna sleep through the flight taking off?
Speaker 1: You'll go straight from here, right? Yeah, No, there's not a lot of wiggle room. There is not a lot of wiggle room. Isn't Denver's Airport the haunted one? Not haunted one? Was Denver's Airport built on the like the burial grounds or something like that. There's some weird about Denver's Airport.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've we sort of has the horse.
Speaker 2: With the red eyes, right, and that's the eyes of the devil Blucifer.
Speaker 1: Isn't it the blue horse with the red eyes? Yeah, because it's built on the grounds.
Speaker 3: But there are a lot of theories, but they lean into them or two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they own them. They own them.
Speaker 3: So hopefully nothing fishy happens. We're on a tight schedule.
Speaker 2: Very tight schedule. Although there is a there is a aren't there isn't. Isn't the Denver Airport famous for their restaurants? I believe Denver's Airport is very, very famous for their restaurants quality or the number of them. Yes, because it's not all like Chick fil A and Wendy's and Burger King. But like it is like it is, it's a like there. The food there is like a deal, like it's a thing.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm reading about the size. If we don't go check into the hotel, we could just eat at the airport. It covers fifty three square miles.
Speaker 1: It is the largest area airport in the country.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: I think they've got six runways with room for twelve. So I'm not even worried about the turbulence.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just saying that's a very current story.
Speaker 1: That's okay, we're going too much from now.
Speaker 3: I can't believe we're going to Red Rocks.
Speaker 1: I can't either.
Speaker 3: I can't either, should I say? I can't believe we're scheduled to go to Red Rocks.
Speaker 2: I can't believe our winners are going to Red Rocks. They'll go out the day before. So I think it's gonna be awesome. I think it's gonna be great.
Speaker 3: Chris writes Tyler might miss this show because he's busy wiping his tears as he enters the venue.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you remember how he cried when he saw the Mississippi.
Speaker 2: Oh don't do that. Don't do that. That'll be embarrassing. That'll be embarrassing.
Speaker 3: I can totally say it just because of my history with three eleven in the venue, but also just the geological phenomenon that is the space.
Speaker 1: I just can't believe. I'm just see red Rocks. Who do I love that? Just played Red Rocks?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Maren Morris just played red Rocks. I think she cried.
Speaker 3: How could you not the sound alone? The reason so many artists release shows from there is because of the acoustics.
Speaker 1: Can I ask a stupid question, will I be able to tell you yeah? Or is it going to be like, oh, this is this is like being at the nine thirty cluck.
Speaker 3: You're hearing it. At least it's loud enough.
Speaker 1: Like will I be able to tell the sound? Is that great?
Speaker 3: I don't know because of your hearing issues?
Speaker 1: The yeah, because how good I hear?
Speaker 3: General Brandon reminds us he went. It wasn't even for a concert.
Speaker 1: Oh he just went to But people do that.
Speaker 2: People just exercise, well, people do work out there. People go It's part of It's a national park by the way. You know know what, I don't think it. I realized it until is this General Brandon's picture?
Speaker 3: Is Red Rocks a national park?
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's a national park, but I know it's a park, like people just go there. Maybe it's a state park. Maybe it's just a Morrison, Colorado park.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just know you can go there.
Speaker 3: It is not a national park, all right, it's a park.
Speaker 1: No, But can you go back to General Brandon's picture? You know what, I don't think I realized, like you've seen a million pictures of Red Rocks and how beautiful it is. I don't think I realized the mountains behind it and the water off to the right, Like, that's beautiful. That's really nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean this is going to be breathtaking.
Speaker 1: I'm getting a shirt. Yeah, I'm gonna get a shirt.
Speaker 3: Revivalists made a really cool logo for the show.
Speaker 2: Will they do a special shirt for Red Rocks? Yeah, yeah, Diane, I'm getting one.
Speaker 3: I guarantee it's the artwork that they posted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna be like Josh, I was there, you see that. It's pretty cool. That's very cool. That's very cool. So thank you to the Revivalist and it did. It came together so quick, Diane, it came together so quick. So starting on Monday, Starting on Monday, when we do hundreds a day, twice a day, every day all week, and then the same thing the following week. So what is that a number of chances to qualify, you win your cash, you qualify to win the grand prize trip, and then at the end of the second week, we'll get our grand prize winner and you and a guest will join us as we head to Morrison, Colorado for the Revivalists at Red Rocks.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be awesome. Ooh, you know what I have to check.
Speaker 2: Oh, schedule's not out yet though, let's schedule the Oh maybe it is, Yeah, it should be. Basketball is not out yet. Well, I wonder if the Avalanche have a preseason game at home.
Speaker 3: We have a lot of people asking of Saturday, there's going to be a meetout.
Speaker 2: The Saturday's open unless we're just a but yes, Saturday is Saturday is open.
Speaker 1: We can do something. I mean, if I'm asking an honest question, will there be enough people for a meetup? It's not like it's around the corner. We have listeners all the time, but Denver's far away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they are calling from far away, so they're there.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Now we may have to be at Big Gigantic the next concert on Saturday night because we missed the Revivalist. But we could plan something Yoh.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we'll do that. I know. I know. The one place that we can't do it. Was it Tommy Tsunami's or something. The place that I went to forever ago.
Speaker 2: I think they went out of business, So scratch that place out, okay, but we'll figure someplace out.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, so many messages from people in Denver and no I was gonna say, and half of them said they didn't even go for a show and the place was just spectacular.
Speaker 1: I feel like if I'm going I'm going for a show, Well I am going for a show.
Speaker 3: Went to Denver and definitely to see Red Rocks. No show, but it's emotional just seeing it. Tyler will definitely cry thank you.
Speaker 1: Andrew, Oh do you have to see it? Like I don't know what time? No, because we'll be there. You'll still be able to see be like it's too dark?
Speaker 2: Is it different if it's a nighttime, But by the time we get to the venue, it's not like the sun goes down at four o'clock, So yeah, we'll be fine. Now, we won't be in Denver by four o'clock, however, we'll be there. We'll be there in time. Again, if everything goes right, we'll be there in time.
Speaker 3: I am gonna get tickets to that Saturday night show just in case. That's the other There are people that have been there for no show, people that have been there for shows, people who want to meet up on Saturday. But there are those that I think are also concerned about the window, about the rental Why is the rental guard place not at the airport?
Speaker 5: People well, and people are saying like the drive is like dullest to get into DC, Like it's oh so.
Speaker 1: They got a toll road.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no no no no no no, yes, try.
Speaker 1: I can make it from my house to Dulles in fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: Easily, can't. Absolutely, you cannot.
Speaker 1: Get on the toll road fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: Your ass is lyon done it.
Speaker 1: No, it takes no time, no time.
Speaker 5: When I missed my flight, my Uber driver made a very valiant effort and I was surprised he got me there in thirty.
Speaker 2: The fifteen minutes, we'll make it. I'm not even worried about that. We're just not checking into the hotel. Remind me, we got to ask for late check in. But yeah, we'll do that, and just wear all of your clothes. Yes the no, No, you could lead bags in the car.
Speaker 3: That's true. I guess I just I got to pick up our luggage at the well.
Speaker 1: No, that's carry on. I'm really more concerned. Oh but then I got to leave my computer in the car. Who I guess my computer is going to see Red Rocks.
Speaker 5: See the priorities. I don't care if you break your leg running through the airport. Where's my laptop bag?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: So again, you will qualify to win the grand prize trip to join us at Red Rocks for the Revivalists. The show is September twenty fifth, all next week and all the following week. When you win your cash for Elliot The Morning's hundreds a day, you qualify for the grand prize trip to join us as we head to Red Rocks and Denver for the weekend of September the twenty fifth, And like I said, we'll go see the Revivalists and Ax and the hatchet Men. All the information you need Facebook x Instagram at EITM online, so I want to get the info out today.
Speaker 1: I will remind you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: You start qualifying on Monday to join us at Red Rocks