Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five to seventy LA sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith the Pip the pie.
Speaker 2: Don't miss an episode. We're with you. Yeah, follow the petros In Money Show.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: It's just hard because it's hard.
Speaker 1: Where's Mike bourbon Where's Mike bourbon Ari. It's blooney, It's blooney.
Speaker 3: Can't do it selling.
Speaker 4: That's pretty said commentary on us. I figure there's room for a little variety for a nation as big as ours.
Speaker 5: Geng me Yuk, Petros and Money in five seventy LA Sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app halfway through the show going until seven pm. Supposed to have a flex alert tomorrow. That has changed. The most important part of our show is making sure we get the word out to all of you people that are planning on going to BJ's Restaurant in brew House in West Cobina on Thursday, we will be there. We will not be there from three to seven pm. We will be there from two until four pm. The Clippers game was moved from Wednesday until Thursday. We were not made aware of it, Tim Kates. We were not made aware. We had to look for it ourselves. Tim Kates found it. Thank god he found it, because we were on a flex alert tomorrow from two to four for that Clippers Thunder game, and that is not the case. The league moved it because the Thunder were in the chase for the NBA Cup. They did not want them playing back to back Tuesday and Wednesday. The Thunder announced their schedule will change on their social media pages. The Spurs announced their schedule change on their social media pages. The Clippers did not, nor did they alert their broadcast partner. So we were just made aware of this today after promoting a three to seven show on Thursday at BJ's West Covie. The Clippers most definitely we will be there. We'll be there from two to four and Pele will still have all of our great prizes. It'll just be a two hour show instead of a four hour show. It'll be two to four pm instead of three until seven pm. The fifty eight inch Westinghouse HTTV will be given away. The Clippers tickets will be given away, Chargers Texans tickets will be given away. Fifty dollars BJ's Restaurant and brew House gift cards will be given away.
Speaker 3: There'll be a lot given away, a lot.
Speaker 5: It's going to be really hard for you to get out of there without something in your hand.
Speaker 4: We got Dodger Talk coming up with the top story of the day. We got Dodger Talk coming up tonight at seven David Veasse with Mickey Hatcher and Mike Soshia and Keike Hernandez.
Speaker 2: So let's get to it. The top story of the day.
Speaker 3: Story of it, Well.
Speaker 5: You mentioned it in your Word of the Day yesterday, pee one billion, and thankfully I did not tip off Tim Kates, so he could not have time to queue up the Austin poward and be very upset that he couldn't track down the one dollars SoundBite deferrals, a lot of teams, a lot of fans, a lot of players, media members, all caught up in Dodger deferrals. Will they have one hundred million dollars per year come twenty thirty five to pay these guys what they owe them? Some financial types go he just go BK. Never give these guys their money.
Speaker 2: That wouldn't be fair. Sell them a bitch. There it is?
Speaker 6: How much matt one billion dollars?
Speaker 3: So timely?
Speaker 2: Others, do you want to shed me? There's going to be more. Would you like to shag me? Would You're going to.
Speaker 5: Be more timely references coming in this story. Others are pissed because they're many. Oh god, do I saying, why isn't my team doing this?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: Why can't my team do the deferral thing?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Why can't we defer money?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: The billion dollars we talked about yesterday, Well I'll start with that word of the day.
Speaker 2: One billion dollars, one billion dollars.
Speaker 6: One billion dollars.
Speaker 5: Well, the reason your team can't do it is because they're not the Dodgers. That's really the only reason why. That's the only reason they need for why they aren't doing it and why they can't do it. Why don't I live in a ten million dollar beach front home? But the family does up the street because they make a lot more money than I do, so they can afford it and I can't. The Dodgers make a lot more money than every other team in baseball, so they can afford to do it. And we did one of these stories when the playoffs were here and everyone was bitching and moaning and.
Speaker 3: A fit, and I called Don Henley and I was like, get over.
Speaker 5: It about the Dodgers ruining baseball, that we're gonna have a strike, that we're gonna miss a full season. Because baseball's so out of whack. Something's got to be done. There needs to be a salary cap, out of control spending, it's not fair. And we shared how much money teams like the Cubs and the Red Sox and the Yankees were making every single year and how puny a percentage of their payroll was compared to their gross revenues. Unlike the Dodgers, they weren't spending the money they were making. Now, yes, it's a lot of numbers, it's a little bit of math. It's not a lot exciting compared to talking about Mickey Rojas and his game tying homer the top of the ninth the game seven of the World Series.
Speaker 3: Is there gonna be more math right now? Not really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was, Actually there's gonna be more numbers.
Speaker 3: Are you prepping me for math?
Speaker 4: There's no math because I was about to say, like, you didn't math us that hard? Just then, Matt, But you're about to math some more. That's why you're pre That's why, that's why you'll preemptively try to say about talk about map. I think I understand one number, and that is one billion dollars. That's all I get beyond.
Speaker 6: That, you know, right, A billion dollars.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 4: These guys will be gray and old by the time they're paid off, and the Dodgers owner will likely be dead.
Speaker 2: But sure, but but.
Speaker 3: The money must be paid. So and it's one billion dollars.
Speaker 5: When we got to the World Series coverage, what made it possible? When we did the story, we were talking about the Dodgers making over seven hundred million dollars in gross revenue and then spending over four hundred million of that on payroll and luxury taxes, and how they were the team that was just committing more money to players, being more willing to write a bigger tax check than the other squads that were making as much money or nearly as much money as they were. But it turns out those numbers were low, way low, like add another forty percent to it be too low. Forbes adjusted their gross revenues for the Dodgers from seven hundred million dollars to one billion.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, dollars.
Speaker 6: One billion dollars.
Speaker 4: Believe you you want to shack me the Dodgers because I hear a number like that.
Speaker 3: Man, it blows my mind.
Speaker 4: And I could understand why, because it costs like one thousand dollars for a sushi bladder.
Speaker 2: I see how it got pumped up.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's over double their payroll, which means, if you really want to boil down all of those deferrals that we talked about yesterday that you brought up in the Word of the day, if that number just holds for the next two seasons, and that's it, just for the next two seasons, they are covering their payroll, They are covering all of their expenses. Everyone's getting a bonus except you, Tim, at least I hope they are. And that billion dollar nut that they will owe in deferrals, it's already funded.
Speaker 3: I promise you, everybody's not getting a.
Speaker 6: Bonus one billion dollars.
Speaker 5: They will be able to fund the deferrals that are on the books in three years and pocket what if they keep kicking the can down the road forever. That is how much they are making. That is what a financial juggernaut that they are right now come crashing down.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I didn't wake up this morning feeling like the Dodgers were poor.
Speaker 5: No, but that's what some were leading you to believe with the deferrals, Like you know, this is getting into dangerous territory when you've got to write a check for one hundred and twenty million bucks a year for ten years for guys that aren't playing anymore. Does that they yes, that makes perfect financial sense because they can just take a cut of one billion dollars.
Speaker 3: Do I make you.
Speaker 6: Horning one billion dollars?
Speaker 2: Shove it aside.
Speaker 5: They still make three hundred and thirty million bucks a season through twenty thirty eight for their TV deal with Spectrum. They still have Otani and Yamamoto for eight more years. It is safe to say the financials are intact. Forbes projected three hundred million dollars less based on them doing their sniffing around and trying to eyeball it and getting the numbers to work with their pencil and their their ledgers and their Excel spreadsheets. And they were three hundred million dollars in revenue.
Speaker 2: That's because of the jerseys, the Otani jersey.
Speaker 5: Just all of those buses every single day that pull up to Dodger stret store like it's Cabazon and just get out, just.
Speaker 4: Pouring out, pouring out and buying cherry blossom jersey for you, for you, for you, for you, for you, for you. Hey, where's that stone stupid thing that japan game as years ago that we hit in the basement. Throw it out here, let's put it right by the store. So the Japanese tourists contin on load out of the freaking buds exceptionally.
Speaker 2: It's sold exceptionally.
Speaker 4: You're talking bad about those jerseys, they're a best seller, then why does it matter what I say?
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 5: So seeing and I read this headline Dodgers buying and winning all caps now but still a one billion dollars to nine players.
Speaker 3: How much. That's a lot of money. That's hard to wrap my head around.
Speaker 5: That was in the New York Post as though it was some sort of distress signal. Be careful, you free agents and you agents out there. You might get whimpied here. So I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today.
Speaker 4: Thirty years from now, they owe a billion dollars, but they're making a billion dollars a year. Yeah, okay, you know what, that's not too much math for me to understand. Oh, Tani is gonna get his salary million stand swing in London of the sixties and how free sacks and big Bush was a big thing.
Speaker 2: I make you honty.
Speaker 3: Do you want to shack me?
Speaker 2: You look at my bits and pieces.
Speaker 5: Edwin Diaz, who just signed, is gonna get his thirteen and a half million deferred dollars all the way through twenty forty seven.
Speaker 2: His bits and pieces won't be working by the time he's paid off.
Speaker 5: If they weren't, Blake Snell and his agent and his lawyers would not have agreed to push sixty six million dollars to twenty thirty five through twenty forty six. And I think that's probably good for Blake, because maybe he's the kind of guy that would just go ahead and buy a diamond encrusted Bugatti for like six million bucks.
Speaker 3: You might do it anyway.
Speaker 5: He might do it anyway and at least still have six or eight million dollars a year coming his way starting in twenty thirty six. Uh so why do it today? Well, the numbers were adjusted. The Mets are pissed that they lost on Edwin Diaz. They could have paid him, they could have deferred, they could have done everything the Dodgers did.
Speaker 2: He wanted to stay.
Speaker 5: He said he was insulted that it took him so long and that they didn't consult him when they fired the pitching coach. So he's a Dodger. Brandon Nemos in Texas, the heart of their team, the heartbeat of their team. Pete Alonzo is in Baltimore. And guess what Steve Cohen is worth? Twenty one billion dollars. You know what Mark Walter's worth? Fourteen billion losers? I mean, And that guy couldn't figure out a way to keep Edwin Diez one billion dollars.
Speaker 6: That none of us have to pay billion dollars, but.
Speaker 5: We do have to pay like it for parking and stuff, and for that mister cartoon show hail tany T shirt that your kid wants, it comes back around, and for the sue, she comes back around again.
Speaker 2: This is for the people of the sus Right. We'll be back with David Vasse.
Speaker 4: He's got some Dodger talk as well, and real Dodger talk tonight at seven o'clock. What about Cody, what about schoolbol what about Keik and Ralph Lauren?
Speaker 3: We'll learn all about it, Matt.
Speaker 2: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer.
Speaker 1: Make AM five seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto road Trip all summer with LA Sports.
Speaker 5: Bet you some money in five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Can't say it enough. Adjustment to our schedule Thursday, thanks to the Clippers having a game move from Tomorrow until Thursday. Our BJ's West Covina appearance will now run from two until four pm, not three to seven. Two until four pm Thursday, two days away, right off the ten at Baranka, West Covina. BJ still have the fifty eight and Chasting House TV still have the Charger tickets, the Clipper tickets, the BJ's gift cards, and all of the gifts from our office. But instead of three to seven, it is now two to four pm.
Speaker 4: And that changes David Vasse's schedule. Dodger Talk tonight with Mike Ssha, Mickey Hatchet and some Key k Hernandez. Highlights from Ralph Lauren over the weekend, and then Dodger Talk again on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Dave takes Thursday off, He'll be at Barney's Beanery. And right now it's time for David Vassa the Dog Off.
Speaker 1: With an inside look at the Dodgers. This is the Vassi Report with David Vasse.
Speaker 4: David Vasse now a Ram fan and a Dodger reporter, AM five seventy LA, Sports Spectrum, Sports Net and of course the MLB Net. It's time for David Vesta Southern California Toyota Dealer Celebrity Hotline with Dodger Talk tonight. Dave, you want to answer for that your Ramilly.
Speaker 7: Yeah, number one, Thank you very much. Clippers. Because the Rams have a huge game against the Seahawks.
Speaker 2: Shut up door night so.
Speaker 7: I can watch that game and not have to go head to head against my Ramilly that would have been ancestual. So yes, I do have one footing with the Rams. I've had it since the beginning of the year. I've passed by their training facility every day across the street and Sandwich between the former Yankee Doodles and the former TGI Friday is that is my I mean, I have a lot of emotional attachment to Canoga and Oxnart and Canoga and Irwin. So you know, my little son, he's from LA. He's not from Oakland or Vegas. He has no idea about the LA Raiders. So I've got one foot in with the Rams. And as long as Tom Brady is the owner of the Raiders, I may be having both put seed in with the RAM League.
Speaker 5: Well, that's responsible parenting, as much as I don't like it, Dave, at least it's responsible responsible parenting.
Speaker 3: Not to stick the right Brady.
Speaker 7: A lot the Tuck rule.
Speaker 2: That's true, but he owns a team. Could have changed everything, could have changed everything.
Speaker 3: That call.
Speaker 7: He's a patriot, and that city is a rogue city.
Speaker 2: It is a rogue city.
Speaker 4: So Dave, beyond that, you went to the rogue city of Commerce the other day to the Ralph Lauren with the great Key k Hernandezuk.
Speaker 2: He had a nice outfit on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys both looked really really classy. You look like the American Olympic team. How did it go with Key k and how much fun did you have out there? What was it like compared to the one you did before the season started with TiO scar.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 7: I had a little bit more festive atmosphere because they had a polo. Ralph Lauren had a great like Santa's Village set up right outside of their store with the tallest Christmas tree in la So that was great and they actually suited and booted both Keik and I. So thank you to the folks at Polo Ralf Lauren. I walked in like a bum and I walked out looking great. I actually wore it to meet my cousins at Javier's in Pasadena and a lot of people were enjoying my festive Polo Ralph Lauren attire. I had to find them off with a stick out there at Javier's in Pasadena. You would think Elizabeth Olsen was out there.
Speaker 2: Oh geez, high society threads on.
Speaker 4: David, You're going to be actually a polo match next.
Speaker 2: How many more of these things?
Speaker 6: Dave?
Speaker 5: How big is the is the banquet circuit for these Dodgers now after winning back to back World Series. I feel like every time we look up, somebody's got something going.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's pretty big. I mean it feels like it's starting to wind down once you turn the calendar to January. I think everybody has their mindset focused on getting ready for the upcoming season. Some guys have been on the banquet tour more than others. Snell Villa, I would say, would be the biggest banquet Dodgers for the mere reason that he's staying in LA for the majority of the off season, so that lends itself to doing a lot of promotional activity for the Dodgers. He's been to the Kings game, the Laker game, he was swinging the mini golf at Dodgers Stadium. So he was out in Huntington Beach this past weekend with his snell Villa travel ball team. Yeah. Yeah, So, you know, everybody is very excited about the signing of Edwin Diez and talking three Pete and the Dodgers have backed up yet again the words that they shared at the parade that they want to run it back and add some more players to it, and they started off in a big way with Edwin DS.
Speaker 4: What about the schoobl Pingolore, how's that is the Schoobol thing still being talked about.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is still being talked about. It's gotten very quiet. Pingalore reported ten days ago that all it needed was the tigers owner's approval. I'm not sure what's going on with the Tiger's owner, but we still have not gotten anywhere and I still have not heard of any extension. There is no extension in the works, and I could assure you of that. With Schoogle being a stop Boris client. Cannot think of one player that has accepted as good of a player as Schooble is accepting an extension. Scooble is going to the free agent market, whether he gets traded to the Dodgers, the Mets, the Pirates, or stays with the Tigers. I can assure you of that. So I'm sorry, Pingalore, that was not good info either, But you were you were sniffing around in the right area that the Tigers are lifting the offers for Terrek Schooble, and I would imagine that, Yes, Andrew Friedman and Scott Harris the Tigers GM did meet face to face while they were under the same roof in Orlando.
Speaker 5: How about that paying aalore with some hot breaking news from the Major League Baseball winner. Maybe everybody else pooped all over it.
Speaker 7: A quarter of the news was breaking, A quarter of the news right, breaking.
Speaker 5: Right, But it's still the you know, if it ultimately leads to Trek Scuble being a Dodger and paying that pained man, you know, I mean, that's that's that's all there is to it. So is that Dave. Is that going to preclude them from doing you know, like a Bobashett kind of dealer. Do you think these things are separate and they can still do everything.
Speaker 7: They are mutually They are not mutually exclusive. It's a big plan, But I don't believe the Dodgers trading prospect capital that it would take to acquire Schooble would prevent them from signing a Bobachhett or any other free agent out there. The biggest thing is the Dodgers are always there for the big names. It shouldn't shock anybody that if the Tigers are not ruling out trading Tarrek Scougle that the Dodgers would be involved considering their farm system. I think everybody's getting it twisted. The payrolls one part of this, but the scouting development, having young players that even put you in the conversation in the same room with the Tigers. Even for them to consider trading Schooble to the Dodgers is a completely different, you know, celebration of what Andrew Freeman has brought together with the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: The Tigers aren't the Marlins though, They're not the Pirates. Like, they're a team that makes some money. They've made runs in the postseason. They made a run last or two years ago. Like, why do they have to trade Schooble? I mean, can't they afford them? Can't they just keep them around?
Speaker 7: Yeah they can, they can, but they feel like they're not going to be able to. Haven't seen too many Scott Boris clients re sign with their own team as well. He most definitely is going to you know, I would expect him to record the largest contract for a starting pitcher in baseball history, this upcoming winner. And if that's the case, and that's the feeling the Tigers are getting because they have tried to, you know, work out an extension with Scoople if they trade him. They're not looking just for controllable players that won't be to the big leagues for another couple of years. They're looking for controllable assets that can help them win this upcoming season, because that would be a bad sign to their fan base after coming close the last couple of years in the postseason, to make some noise to all of a sudden go into a rebuild. And that's why the Dodgers are more attractive than the Mets, because the Dodgers have those major league ready young guys.
Speaker 4: David Basse is our guest. Is Corey Seger really a possibility these trade tops?
Speaker 7: No no. I spoke to somebody with the Rangers that told me there is a one percent chance Seeger would be traded, and they are not trading him. Chris Young came out publicly and said, uh, just because they traded Marcus Simeon does not indicate the trained Seeger this off season. So that obviously can change as the season goes on and maybe next off season, but it's not happening this off season.
Speaker 6: Dave.
Speaker 5: In terms of other moves, uh, He now said they're not going to trade. Well, that's the thing you got.
Speaker 3: They told me.
Speaker 2: They told me, I talked.
Speaker 7: To Gavin Lux the same thing. What happened Lux no trade.
Speaker 2: And what happened.
Speaker 3: In Cincinnati is.
Speaker 2: It's exactly right.
Speaker 7: Hey, are you telling me? Are you telling me that if the Blue Jays or any other of the Reds, let's just take these two teams for the sake of the conversation. You're telling me that if the Reds said, hey, we'll give you Ellie de la Cruz, but you got to include Tyler Glass. Now you believe that Andrew Freeman's going to respond and say, you know what I told last Now, we're not going to trade him, So I can't do it.
Speaker 2: I mean that is I.
Speaker 7: Mean, I'm sure there was. They wanted to let him know they're not actively shopping him. I think that was the point of the conversation, if I had to guess. But how can you assure a player like Tyler Glass now he's not going to be traded if you know a crazy offer comes your way. I mean, you just can't. Things happen so quickly and change so quickly. That's hard to reassure anybody not named sho Heyo tani. I.
Speaker 5: You'd probably be foolish to believe that right that you weren't untouchable when it's the Dodgers and they're chasing World Series rings every single year. As the roster gets a little bit older, speaking of it getting a little bit older, Dave, as we talk about the and he plays the infield, just kind of what do you think it's static with Mookie that he's going to be a shortstop next year? Do you think, depending on what the construction of the roster will be and who might be available to them, that he could end up going back to the outfield.
Speaker 7: I don't see it. A lot of people believe around the league that Bobaschett's defense at shortstop is probably equal to Mookie Betts. At this point in time, a lot of teams are willing to pay him, you know, a certain number that would you know, rival Dan Sby Swanson exceed Dan Sby Swanson's He's obviously a better hitter than Swanson, but they'll pay him shortstop money, and I would imagine that he would be willing to play second base and third base. The only question is the only question is there's no doubt Bobashett fits in twenty twenty seven and beyond, but how does he fit in twenty twenty six? And that's something that Andrew Friedman has told me in the past about certain attractive free agents that would have been great, you know, two three years after they signed. But he has to worry about twenty twenty six as well. How does if you sign Boobashet, how does he fit in twenty six? There's no doubt he fits beyond, but how does he fit this year? And that's the challenge.
Speaker 4: The one and only David Vese ladies and gentlemen, always up to the challenge. Tonight he will have Soshia Hatcher Key k highlights and more on a Dodger Talk, and there'll be another one on Wednesday.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Dave, Thank you guys. I'm sorry I can't make it there Thursday, but we'll catch up soon. Just call my people, sure, Dave.
Speaker 2: Thanks Dave.
Speaker 4: That went over real well. We'll see at the IVY right with Danny DeVito and John Travolta. He's already gone.
Speaker 7: We'll see you there.
Speaker 3: He came back, came back like hello, like a boomerang.
Speaker 4: It'll be right back with more Petro send money, A little bit of Vietnam Christmas news headed your way next, stay with us on your Dodger station.
Speaker 1: Hello, PMS listener. Did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA Sports podcasts.
Speaker 2: There's Rogan and Rodney, That one is my favorite, Dodger.
Speaker 1: Talk with David Vassei, the Dodger Podcast of record, Clipper Talk Without a Musk, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app. Welcome back, everybody, Petro send money on M five seventy LA Sports schedule a learn adjustment. Our big show on Thursday has moved as the Clipper game has moved, and we are going to be on from two to four.
Speaker 3: So if you're worried about sitting there for two hours, what yeah? What yeah?
Speaker 4: They changed it last week. What but nobody noticed the Clippers and they didn't tell us.
Speaker 5: So And when you say nobody, no, not one single soul in any of our notifications, DMS, textosos, emails in house. Any of you fans out there, I've been in every effing room. What there is, donner nothing. It has been set for five days. They moved a scheduled coke. I'm telling you, you dumb f there's no coke.
Speaker 3: What what?
Speaker 4: I've been all over this ship, but I've been in every effing room there is Donne, but there's gotta.
Speaker 5: Be there is nothing. We did not get alerted until today our apology.
Speaker 4: The last game the Clippers won, the Dodgers were still playing in the World Series at home. The last home game the clip Ship raised their flag under victory.
Speaker 3: Was during the World Series.
Speaker 2: They have been grounded on a second.
Speaker 3: That's been playing video games for a month.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they have not won at home since October thirty. First, they are six and twenty. Nobody, nobody cares, nobody. They moved their game from Wednesday from tomorrow until Thursday. So we are going to go two to four pm at the beach.
Speaker 4: As I see you waving your arm around, what do you we want to call a meeting at the mound?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 8: Five days ago, the Thunder posted on their Facebook page schedule update Thunder versus Clippers has shifted from the seventeen to the eighteen.
Speaker 3: We got an updates center five days ago.
Speaker 5: We get that sort of Facebook update from the Clips or did anybody that listens to this show. Chy, Hey, guys, you know the game has moved from Wednesday to Thursday.
Speaker 2: Chris.
Speaker 5: Maybe a lot of our listeners don't even know we play Clipper games.
Speaker 2: Maybe that that's part of it. You can always podcast the show on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 5: So most importantly two to four you want to see it. BJ's on Thursday two to four pm West COVID. We can still have all the giveaways, still have all the giveaways. Still don't have a karaoke machine.
Speaker 4: Probably for the best now with the two hour show. Yes, all right, Matt, You've asked for it daily and I'm going to try to do what you want.
Speaker 3: I always do. It's time for Vietnam Christmas.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 3: You get a daily update and today's update.
Speaker 1: Vietnam Christmas Sunday BMS.
Speaker 4: Vietnam is doing quite well. They're in the third position right now in the metal count In the Southeast Asian Games also known as the CAA Games.
Speaker 2: What are the Games?
Speaker 4: The Southeast Asian Games popping off in Thailand this month, Multi sport event. It's like a regional Olympics, okay for the eleven Southeast Asian countries and they all compete in it. They do it every two odd numbered years, so the last one was in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Now you asked who plays in the CA Games, Matt.
Speaker 5: Who and what are they playing? They're playing everything so track and field athletics.
Speaker 2: They call it athletics.
Speaker 3: And yeah, stuff like that. Football.
Speaker 2: Sure, a little rowan, some schools.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bruneye okay. Cambodia okay, Indonesia. I think this is where it was in twenty twenty three or twenty twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: One, got canceled for COVID.
Speaker 5: Sure, laos Oh, Laosian's my friend.
Speaker 4: Malaysia okay. These are all places that to bring illegitimate kids. The Golden Triangle Malaysia, Vick bastards me and mar Oh. Yeah, the Philippines, Singapore and where it is right now in the general Bangkok area, Thailand. And tim or Less Day. Huh tim or lest Day is that a dude, tim more Less Day? No, it's a country.
Speaker 2: Tim or les Day.
Speaker 4: T I m O r dash l e s t E tim mo or Less Day.
Speaker 2: And who's that renamed? For political correctness? Y?
Speaker 3: Let me, that's not what I read.
Speaker 2: That's not what I read.
Speaker 4: Let me look it up, Matt. It is a smaller country in Southeast Asia. I don't know if it's been renamed or not.
Speaker 5: I guess you got a lot of a lot of spots out there, very small.
Speaker 4: Well, just those eleven. It's a Southeast Asian nation. It is the youngest nation in Asia, gaining full independence in two thousand and two. Well, I would explain it after the Portuguese colonization and Indonesian occupation. So it used to be Indonesia. Now it's tim more or less day. All right, that's what I read. Well, that's what I read.
Speaker 5: Now people can focus on the rest of the story. Otherwise are like, who's team or Leste, who's that guy? I told you it's a good time. And Vietnam. These games have been going on a long time. They started in nineteen fifty nine, and just in the last couple of days, Vietnam has come through with a golden est sports.
Speaker 2: Esports.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in the specifically in the game Arena of Valor. Their esports team came through in the more traditional world win the on won of gold and distance events, the five hundred and the ten thousand meters. So that's what's going on right now. If you're in Thailand. The CAA Games Sea pronounced CAA Games is going on right now.
Speaker 5: I bet they aren't gouging fans with ticket prices like FIFA is here for the World cut.
Speaker 4: I wonder how much it costs to catch, you know, one of these athletics events or maybe an e sports action event.
Speaker 3: For the CAA Games.
Speaker 2: Where's it being held again?
Speaker 4: Oh, Thailand, Thailand, so entertainment capital of the Southeast as.
Speaker 5: I would guess, maybe like two American dollars. Does that come with the shrimp with the head on it?
Speaker 8: Can you remember a couple of years ago across the street there used to be lizard Sports. Yeah, that was an esport that was esports and they had teams from around the world that used to come and play.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, we go to that and watch them play.
Speaker 2: I'm not I don't almost say charged mac.
Speaker 4: It's probably more affordable than the FIFA, I would guess at the Rose Bowl and that's for sure, or so far or wherever they helped. So good luck to all the competitors.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at all the the list of events. Yeah, it's a it's it's it's everything. Vietnam really cleaned house and pistol and rifle. They are third right now out of the eleven countries in the gold count So congratulations to all our end. You don't matam trying my best. Vietnam not as good in chess, pistol and rifle, though they will blow your chest off.
Speaker 3: Well they had a long war, is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kates?
Speaker 3: What's more likely?
Speaker 8: Fletcher comes to you and says, hey, Dad, during Christmas break, let's go watch some gamers play in a theater, or let's go to a football game or see a bowl game.
Speaker 3: More likely for the former, sadly, yeah, those kits. I think we'll set.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, it's time for the break, and then we'll be right back. Two to four Thursday, Matt and I will be on, and don't forget, we still have an hour of great sports talk before Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: Fun fact and quick. It's still the cop