Speaker 1: Oh, just telling me.
Speaker 2: We have a doctor in the studio, and I was telling her about my injury. Doctor Allison over here is an emergency room doc.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So on Friday, I was carrying a box through my house and I wasn't looking where I was going, tripped over another box, went down hard, and then my I said, I think I broke my finger. My pinky finger was all twisted out a joint and kind of bent backwards, and so my wife says, kids, see if you can pull it back into place. So I squeezed my pinky finger, pulled on it, and I felt it slide right back into place. Is that what you would have done, doctor Allison? That's exactly what she would have done. How much would you have charged me for that? Fifteen thousand dollars? No, No, you're not in billing. You're not in billing. Okay, gotcha. Anyway, we have the whole staff here, Trish. Where are you guys from anyway?
Speaker 3: We're from the Mercy Emergency Department in Coon.
Speaker 1: Rapids okay, and you're all in the er okay.
Speaker 2: Doctors, nurses, combination nurses, and doctor Allison. Okay, gotcha? All right, Well, guys, thanks for coming in. Let's do a Christmas right now, even the magic of the Holidays day Christmas wish. So I'm going to guess your wish recipient, the one you made the wish for Trish is also with you.
Speaker 1: Guys. Works in the er up at Mercy. Yep.
Speaker 2: Okay, and they've had you talk about when it rains at poors. A lot of stuff going on. We're going to call. Are we calling Austin? We're going to call Austin, and Austin is a co worker up at Mercy. But before we do that, we're gonna make sure we got our Is that our delivery boy on the hump? Indeed, sand is little helper Brandon from College Muscle Movers. Good morning Brandon, and there he is.
Speaker 1: Hid. How was your weekend, Brandon? You watched the Vikings win yesterday?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 5: Indeed?
Speaker 2: Okay, good all right, Brandon, thanks for helping out with Christmas wishes. Where did you drive to this morning? What part of town are you in?
Speaker 1: I'm in Blaine today, Okay.
Speaker 2: Brandon is in Blaine. By the way, if you need to move College muscle Movers. I had somebody recommend you guys over the weekend. They said that they weren't really trustworthy of so many moving companies, but they did. They went with you guys, and you did a great job. So props to you guys at College Muscle Movers online, College Musclemovers dot com. Please hold Brandon, we'll come right back. We're going to make the phone call to Austin right now live. How did you get Austin to stay home and answer the phone from an unknown call today, Trish?
Speaker 3: We coordinated with his family to deliver some breakfast.
Speaker 2: Okay, gotcha. So they think that breakfast is coming over, and maybe it is. But we're going to talk to Austin right now. Hello, Hi, I'm looking for Austin.
Speaker 1: Is that you?
Speaker 2: It's okay, Austin, It's all right. It's Dave Ryan up at KDWB Radio. How are you doing this morning, Austin?
Speaker 1: Pretty good, Austin.
Speaker 2: I'm here with a bunch of your co workers from from Mercy Emergency Department and Trish is on the phone. Doctor Allison is here. Say hid Hi, everybody says Hi. Would you have any idea why Katie WB and Trish are calling.
Speaker 1: You this morning? No, what we're about to tell you. It's good news.
Speaker 2: It's good news in the in the middle of a bunch of bad news that you and your family have been challenged by in the last few months. Trish is here with a KDWB Christmas wish. I'm going to have Trish, if you've got a few minutes read the letter about you and your family, Austin. Have you got a couple of minutes, Okay, whenever you're ready, Trish.
Speaker 3: Right, Hey, Austin, So we did this for you.
Speaker 6: So we work with Austin at Mercy Hospital in the ed In twenty twenty one, Austin and his wife t welcome their son, Ezra, who's born with Dollon syndrome. In twenty twenty two, Austin was diagnosed with kidney cancer, requiring multiple surgeries in time off of work. His wife Teve was also diagnosed oftuitary tumor in twenty twenty four, which affects her vision and is untreautable. Austin and tierralcome their baby girl, Amelia on September fifteenth, about six weeks premature, weighing only four pounds eight ounces. Emeilli was born with a hypoplastic left heart syndrome. This involves the left set of the heart being underdeveloped, preventing the heart from pumping blood effectively, which was requiring one to three surgeries. Austin did not want to start his paternity leave or take time off of work until Melia came home from the hospital. Because of this, he continued to work after Amelia was born and in the necktio, he continued to come to work with a smile, never complaining. Amelia was finally big enough on November nineteenth for open heart surgery. Her chest was closed up on November twenty fifth. Amelia then developed sepsis. Unfortunately, Amelia went to be with the Lord on Wednesday, December tenth. Austin has remained strong in his face and continued to stay positive. He would never know he was having any hardships because he comes to work every day and cares for his patience without any hesitation. Austin his family are so very deserving of this Christmas wish.
Speaker 2: Austin, I'm so sorry about the loss of your of your little girl just a couple of weeks ago, not even two weeks ago, Little Amelia.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry about that. You have been challenged by.
Speaker 2: Your diagnosis and buy your wife's diagnosis, and little Ezra. Little Ezra is four years old, right, Yeah, we're here to make your Christmas just a little bit brighter and show you some love and support from your family and your community and your co workers over at Mercy with what we call a Christmas wish, And we wish we could just wave our hands and make everything better, but instead we're going to do something just to hopefully put a smile on your face and let you know that you're loved and supported, which I'm going to guess you probably feel that all like the five of your co workers came in this morning and to show you their support. So with Christmas wish, it is things and experiences because that's our form of showing you love and support.
Speaker 1: So let's start off. Ezra is how old? Four years old?
Speaker 2: We have some things for Ezra, just some things to put under the tree, a bunch of toys and things like that if things are a little bit tight this year. And I don't know your financial situation and it doesn't really matter, but these are things from us and your co workers. We've got squish mellows because kids are into squish mellows. We've got a magnetile set, a ball pit with a slide. Your living room is going to be full of things that Ezra has scattered all over the place. Hot wheels, monster trucks with a racetrack. You think Ezra's into hot wheels. I sure hope, So I'm sure it sounds like it. Pop it game, mini basketball, many light up karaoke machine because we hear Ezra loves music and dancing. Right, the whole family enjoys this karaoke machine. That'll be kind of cool. And then we have a oh, this is bad news, a mini desktop drum set, which sounds horrible and noisy, but you can always take the batteries out. But no, this is all just fun stuff for Ezra. For you, Austin, we heard that you might enjoy.
Speaker 1: This.
Speaker 2: A blackstone iron forged twenty eight inch griddled with hood. Now, that sounds very specific, and this sounds like something that you might have wanted, So we've got that for you. That's very cool. Jordan love Packers jersey. You're a Packers fan? Yeah, okay, well I'm glad you know what. It was a rough game on Saturday night, but we got a Jordan Love Packers jersey being directly delivered to you.
Speaker 1: Where is Tea is tea around anywhere?
Speaker 3: Yeah's speaker here?
Speaker 1: Oh hi tea, Hey for you.
Speaker 2: We've got a bunch of things too, just to kind of let you know that you're loved and supported. We've got one hundred and fifty dollars Massage Envy gift card when you feel like doing that one, a brand new kitchen aid mixer, measuring cups, bake you like to bake, You like time in the kitchen. Yeah, okay, we've got a lot of that. And then here's what's interesting is you're a Vikings fan, right, Yeah, Sundays must get a little tense around the household. But we got a Justin Jefferson Vikings jersey and a Vikings winner hat. You've got dogs too, and we hear at Katie WDB on The Dave Ryan Show, We love Dogs. What are your dog's names?
Speaker 1: Austin, Willow and Finn.
Speaker 2: Willow and Finn are going to get spoiled because Fido's Pantry in Excelsior heard about your doggies and wanted to help them, so they load They're loading up Willow and Finn with toys and food and thanks to Fido's Pantry, a healthy pet is a happy pet. Find them online fidospantry dot com. Thanks for donating. Sarah and the owners over there, they came to us and said, what can we do and pets? That's one of those hidden expenses that you don't really think about, so we want to take care of that. Every wish is powered by Treasure Island Resort and Casino, so big things to them. They heard you might need some new appliances, so Treasure Island is thrown in a Treasure Island bonus, A two thousand dollars gift card to home Depot so you can pick out some new appliances. A six hundred dollars High V gift card. Thanks to high V, that'll take care of some groceries and some things around the house for Christmas. Every Christmas Wish presented by Holiday Station Stores. They're throwing in a two hundred and two holiday gas card. Are you guys doing appointments back and forth? A lot of driving back and forth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we we were.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got a two hundred dollars Broadway Pizza gift cards, so when you guys want to watch the vikings of the packers and get a pizza, you can get went from Broadway Pizza. But we just wanted to do something from your friends and co workers and your and everybody here at Katie would be to just let you know you're appreciated, loved and supported and I hope you feel that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you so much, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: You're so welcome. Have the best possible Christmas. And I will let you say goodbye to Trisha and all your friends over at Mercy.
Speaker 4: I love you, Austin, Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: Wait, oh wait, one more message from Arianna.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I just want to know who's all here. So we've got the Alie, Alie, Leonna and doctor Houston.
Speaker 2: Oh do we have to call her doctor Houston? I call her doctor Allison. Hey you, Austin and te take care. Have the best possible Christmas. Okay, okay, thank you, thank you guys. That is Christmas wish on one on one point three Katie w B. Christmas Wish wraps up another one on KDWB. You got to get a shout out to Treasure Island Resort and Casino. They've done such a great job of helping us out. They're just such good people and really, when it comes down to it, it's run by the Prairie Island Indian community, which are people. They're just people like us, so you go, well who runs it. It's like they're just people, and the tribal council is like, okay, well let's help out. They're just people and they want to help out, just like you were people and you want to help out to Holiday station stores. Also High V big shout out to High V Broadway Pizza. Fido's Pantry, they're just so nice. They came to us and they said, hey, if you got any pets, we'd love to help out. And I said, oh yeah, a lot of these people have pets, and the pets are kind of forgotten, you know, and it's like, you know, you want to spoil your pets. And sometimes when things are tight and there's you know, financial issues, you still have to feed your pets. Your dog's in your catch. So I thought I'd go over there and get a bag of dog food. There was like a dolly, like a big cart full of pet food and cat litter and dog toys and treats.
Speaker 4: Like how much was your car hold writing sack? Much?
Speaker 2: So think and remember when you you know, Fido's Pantries are the corner of seven and forty one in that big strip mall kind of by the Caribou. So if you're looking to get dog food, cat food and anything like that. I bought Bernie a jacket and booties from over there a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 4: And I'm sure he loves them.
Speaker 1: It took him a while, but yeah, we do for sure.
Speaker 2: This text message about this Christmas wish said, such a good family to give this to. My family works with him at the er. The funeral for their little one was Friday, just Friday, and here it is Monday, so your timing's perfect, so you know it's you just can't even imagine. They lost a little baby, little Amelia, just just a few days into their life. So just a hard one. But thanks for all the support. We really appreciate that. We'll be back with another Christmas wish at nine o'clock and coming right back. I think Jenny's been on Reddit. What are we going to talk about?
Speaker 1: On Reddit?
Speaker 7: We can talk about sports that are going extinct?
Speaker 1: Oh, sports that are going extinct.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was playing pickball yesterday and I learned of a new one that's out there that I had never heard of.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you guys about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll do it next on kd w B Show on kd w B.
Speaker 2: Not true, not true, not true. Bailey has been going out with this guy. She calls him regular Guy because he's not Weirdoh, he doesn't wear a bowler on your dates. Can you imagine your guy shows up and he's wearing a bowler? What a bowler is?
Speaker 4: I was gonna looky, look it up, look it up?
Speaker 1: A bowler? Yeah, my bowler?
Speaker 4: Has he there?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: It's a hat. It's a fun, little jaunty hat. If a guy, if a.
Speaker 1: Guy showed up and he was wearing a bowler, would you be like, no.
Speaker 4: You know who wears his hat? Alo black celebrity. What's he saying? He wears this hat? I like a bowler hat. You're stuck in twenty ten.
Speaker 8: Regular guy does not wear a bowler hat. No, he wears He did wear a really nice sweater too. Was my friend's birthday on Friday, and so we went to dinner and did care okie with my friend and I invited regular Guy because I was allowed to. And he wore this really nice sweater and a drunk guy at the bar, he was like, hey, buddy, it's ugly sweater night, not sexy sweater night.
Speaker 4: So I was like, yeah, he's wearing a nice sweat.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: The answer for her yeah maybe yeah, No, I already got that. I asked her when she came in. I don't care if I get sued by HR. I said, could you be pregnant? And she said no, I have a feeling that I'm not like you, feel like.
Speaker 4: I had.
Speaker 8: He didn't get to meet my cat. I did introduce him to my cat, and.
Speaker 9: No cat seemed to like him, so that's nice.
Speaker 8: He does.
Speaker 4: He did get to meet my.
Speaker 1: Cat, Yeah, that was.
Speaker 7: Animal likes the person.
Speaker 8: He was like, let me sit nearby and just stare at you, which I feel like is a good sign, but also maybe it's like a.
Speaker 5: If you slight my mother in any way, I will cut you. That's what cap said. But he doesn't speak English, so he said it with his eyes. Okay, all right, he speak Spanish. Yeah, he actually speaks Spanish.
Speaker 1: My cat, Yeah, I stare at her long enough, she's going to turn red.
Speaker 7: She won't look at you, and that's what she looks away.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm glad calling hello. I'm actually really happy for you.
Speaker 4: Thank you. You're actually really happy for me.
Speaker 1: Well, of course I am.
Speaker 9: There.
Speaker 4: Actually, this time it's different.
Speaker 1: Jenny's been on Reddit.
Speaker 7: We're talking sports that are going to be in extinct within fifty years at least. This is what Reddit is speculating over. And I thought of this because I was playing pickball yesterday and they had some racket racketball is that what's called it. They had a few of those courts, but now they have this new game, well not newish, newish to America. It's like a Spanish sport called paddle It is the most intense thing. It's a combination of tennis, pickleball, and racquetball. You go off the walls. It's like fast case like tennis, but it's kind of the same size as of a pickleball court. So anyways, first off, people were saying racketball is definitely disappearing because pickleball is taken over.
Speaker 1: I can see that. Yeah, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 7: Oh I'm going to say, I remember going to like La Fitnesses or Lifetimes or wherever, and they'd had so many racquetball courts and now those are all gone.
Speaker 2: We used to go to Lifetime, the one by under Target Center, I think it is, and played racketball all the time, me and Pat Eberts, and no, I haven't played. Nobody plays that. Handball is another one, and I'm gonna guess croquet is on the list too.
Speaker 4: What else is on doing that on the list?
Speaker 7: Okay, bullfighting, thank god, because each generation supports it least, and obviously it clashes with a lot of like values regarding animals, so that one's definitely starting to disappear. Someone else said, not NASCAR itself, but maybe like the local shore track races are going to go away, because I think about it once. I went to Elko one time, to their racetrack, and like it was like a cool experience one time, but like I never need to go back. It was loud in my ears, Like.
Speaker 1: It is very loud.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's kind of a lot.
Speaker 7: Another person said, like fifteen years ago, when the evidence started linking CTE to American football, people would like kind of said the same thing about football. But we all know that the NFL makes way too much money. They're never going to stop no matter how many injuries and how many brain problems.
Speaker 2: Well, not only that, I mean the thing of the feeder system of like you know, Pop Warner, little kid football, high school football, college football. So they all got to come from somewhere. And I think it's because football is and I love football, don't get me wrong. It is the most glorified sport out there. It's more glorified than Hockey's close in Minnesota, but it is the most glorified sport.
Speaker 7: I don't know if we've ever had this in the areas I've lived, but dog racing tracks are kind of disappearing.
Speaker 2: They totally because they're cruel and they killed the dog when they get too old.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeez, Yeah, I didn't know.
Speaker 4: I didn't know.
Speaker 7: I don't thought that they usually put them up for like adoption.
Speaker 1: They do, but a lot of them. Yeah, they have.
Speaker 7: Friends that have two greyhounds that are used to be racist the sweetest things.
Speaker 4: Ever.
Speaker 7: Everything else is kind of like really obscure sports that like I don't know, yeah something, I don't know, what what did you say?
Speaker 1: High a lot. It's like it's like polo without a horse.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, pretending to be on a horse, like you have one of those stick horses.
Speaker 2: You It's a combination of lacrosse, hockey and polo with no horse.
Speaker 4: Okay, well there you go.
Speaker 7: Well that's going to be it for sports that are going extinct in fifty years.
Speaker 1: Jenny's been on the Thank you.
Speaker 2: Jenny will be back in a second with an airport hack that some people on TikTok are saying that you should try, but you should not try it. What is this airport hack? I will tell you know this TikTok hap hack. It is called the airport theory, and some people are trying it because they want to, you know, follow the trends on TikTok. I will tell you all about the airport theory next. Don you can't make this stuff up. On KATIEWB two earlier this morning, we talked about a trend that is getting worse called the jetway Jesus, where people will get in a wheelchair at the gate of an airplane and be wheeled on, but then all of a sudden they're miraculously cured when they arrive at their destination and they stand up and they grab their carry on and they walk off. And people actually use this as a hack, and some people say, I do this. It just feels like a little luxury accommodation. But there's another thing that's going around on the TikTok called the airport theory. What is the airport theory? It's from TikTok and basically it's trying, with varying degrees of luck to get to the airport's entrance to the departure gate in fifteen minutes or less. So, in other words, you arrive at the entrance and your departure to the departure gate, and you only give yourself fifteen minutes. They say, if you do it right, you don't need more than fifteen minutes. I am of the other persuasion. I get there, not real early, but about ninety minutes early. Yeah, because I like to go in get through the TSA gate. You never know how long, because sometimes you get the trainee at the TSA or you get the old guy from glen Coe who's never been on an airplane before, and he's got like, you know, a canteen. And so I like to get there, and I like to go get a little snack, and I like to sit there at the gate and maybe go through the bookstore and buy a little magazine or something like that.
Speaker 1: But they say it is a bad idea. Do not try this trend.
Speaker 2: The airport theory because too many people have missed their flights while trying to do it. What a dumb thing to experiment with. Hey, you know what, I'm going to take a risk and do this TikTok trend so I can put it on the tiktoks and miss my plane.
Speaker 4: And that's the funny part to me.
Speaker 10: Every time I see those tiktoks like watch me go do this that you only end up proving yourself wrong. Like then everybody's in the comments like yeah, dummy, hey idiot.
Speaker 8: I also think like, if you haven't traveled in a long time and you don't really remember how the airports work, you board your plane thirty minutes before it says you're taking off. So if your flight is at five am, no, you have to be there at four thirty am, already at your gate.
Speaker 7: Yeah they closed the doors by like four.
Speaker 4: Or fifteen minutes. Yeah, right exactly.
Speaker 7: I am so the person who waits the last minute to get on the plane, though, Yeah, no matter what someone I'm in, especially because well, yeah, if you have assigned plane, who cares?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Do we all have a TSA pre check?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: Maybeither I have clear?
Speaker 2: And clear is you know sometimes it's sometimes the Clear people will say just go in the pre check or the regular line. It's faster, but Clear is usually it's a little bit shorter. It doesn't cost that much.
Speaker 10: I think it's all the same price for every I think it's maybe fifteen dollars more if you do like global entry versus Clear.
Speaker 4: I don't know that for a.
Speaker 8: Fact, but I think the regular TSA agents just need a little bit of like joy and happiness, and that's what I'm there to bring them.
Speaker 4: When I walk through.
Speaker 10: Melissa's dad, my girlfriend's dad, you know, he's a good looking man. Bailey has tried to hit on it multiple times. He went through TSA and there's a woman and she's yelling at everybody else. She's like, move this over there till your laptop's out. Then she looks at Alsa's dad and goes, take your belt off, baby, just talk.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that TSA TSA people.
Speaker 2: It tries their patients because no matter how many times people know, you're not supposed to take you know, I don't know a stun gun.
Speaker 1: Or a canteen full of.
Speaker 7: Water knives, pocket knives has gotten confiscated.
Speaker 2: David Oh, because I carry a pocket knife everywhere I go, and a lot of the time I don't remember to take it out of my pocket. I've lost so many, probably a half dozen beautiful pocket knives. Some were like a couple hundred dollars gees and they go, well, you can go back through and you can take it back to your car, and I'm like, I don't have time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So my mom got a plastic knife confiscated from her on our last trip, and she brought it with her because she thought, oh, this could we can cut all of.
Speaker 4: Our food up and share everything.
Speaker 8: But it was essentially just like a chef knife.
Speaker 4: But it was plastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, They're like, you can't have oh but so not one of the ones that you've gone not a Wendy's not aye, but a plastic real knife.
Speaker 8: She's like, but it's plastic. They're like, yeah, this looks like it could hurt somebody. Yeah, mayam, Yeah true, throw it out.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 2: That is the you can't make this stuff up. Brought to you proudly buy the Leo Agency. I will give them a shout out again for donating ten thousand dollars to Christmas Wish. We have two more Christmas Wishes to go. We've been doing these for three weeks, three weeks of Christmas wishes, and we've loved doing them so much.
Speaker 1: Can I read it?
Speaker 2: Just a random Christmas card we got, Yes, not a lot of people send cards, but Scott Andrews of South Saint Paul sent in a thank you card. Actually, it says Dave, Jenny Vaunton Bailey, thank you for the tickets to the Wild game on December eleventh. It was my first time seeing them play in person and a very fun experience. Thanks also for the joy you share over the air waves each day. You guys rock. That is from Scott's thank you very much. That was very sweet. We really appreciate that. We'll come back with Dave's Dirt next on k d WB. Stay here time for the holiday version of Daves Dirt, brought to you by six one two. Injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Log. Got a text message from a flight attendant from Delta. We're talking about jetway Jesus, yeah, and how people like use like the wheelchair, you know whatever to get on the flight early. And there was one flight out of MSP not too long ago that I think they said that had thirty wheelchair passengers thirty, which is kind of ridiculous. They get to bored earlier and they get a little free, little push down the ramp. So people actually use that as a hack and they don't check any paperwork. You don't have to prove that you can't walk well, and then you get on, and then you when the plane arrives at its destination, all of a sudden, Jetway Jesus has cured you. So this flight attendant for Delta text and it says Jetway Jesus has become so common that passengers have been bringing as many Jesus figurines as gifts.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: What they can do to crack down on that.
Speaker 2: You certainly can't rely on the decency of some people, because there'll be people like you said when you were the Disney Bailey that people would like rent a Rascal scooter so they don't check you to like, okay, get up and walk.
Speaker 4: I want to see if you can walk or not.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: So people will use it to get not just them, but their entire family will be cut in front of the line.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I think maybe if you just carry around a doctor's note. But now ai. I guess you can forge a doctor's note. I don't know's. I definitely would never say, hey, you do you actually need that wheelchair?
Speaker 4: Get up and walk, because that's awful.
Speaker 8: Of course not, but man, oh man, if it's that prevalent and like that, they're giving out little little Jesus figurines being like, hey, thanks for lett me on early, then what the heck you guys stop being bad people?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Tom Brady shared kind of a crypto post over the weekend after his ex wife Giselle debuted her wedding ring with her boyfriend Joaquim Valente, who apparently is a jiu jitsu instructure instructor, which I think is how she knows him. But he Tom Brady shared a post of him just like in a white sweatshirt that said forever young on it and put the words yup in it. But then the part that was cryptic is he put the logic song one eight two seven three eight two five five, which is a suicide prevention number for that logic song, and it's all about mental health, and like that's what he put with that picture. So people were kind of like, is doing okay now that Giselle's like debuting this new man and whatever you think.
Speaker 2: I think that's hurtful. No matter what your rip, you know, reason for your breakup is, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 8: Avatar Fire and Ash sets the box office a fire three hundred and forty five million dollars for its premiere. I have a friend who saw it said they were bored, but I don't know. Maybe it's because it's like a three hour movie. Really, so p before you go in. I have all of my friends and maybe this is niche to me, but all of my friends are talking about Heated Rivalry, which is a TV show about.
Speaker 4: Gay hockey players.
Speaker 7: You've seen the tiktoks about it and people being like, so when do they kiss?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Are they gonna kiss?
Speaker 7: Yeah, because it's gay hockey players, and they'll like get in a fight and then well, I don't know what happens to you.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but like people will take videos of someone out of hockey game and they're in a fight and they're like kiss, kid, Kiss. They're like chanting in the stands because of that movie.
Speaker 4: So yeah, if I'm probably gonna end.
Speaker 10: Up watching that overbreak for sure, I started watching the Taylor Swift doc that's on Disney Plus daylor Swift is such an interesting like she knows everything that she wants.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: She's sitting there telling her background dancers.
Speaker 10: And the choreographers and I guess the managers ever like the way that this show is supposed to go, No, the lights need to go like this, and her and Ed Sheer and are sitting there like working on a song because he's gonna pop out, so they're trying to transpose, which means to change the key, and She's just like, no, let's try it like this. It's just so crazy, how meticulous but genius she is. She's got a vision, yeah, And I don't know how that's born inside of you to have that, you know much to be able.
Speaker 2: To put on a show like I think some artists just have that, like Prince had that. Prince was like fashion, design, showmanship, all of that stuff. And I think Taylor just has that vision. And I noticed during that documentary that she's like, and I decided we would do this. I had the idea to do this, And I'm like, good for you for saying that was my idea.
Speaker 10: Do you think that Taylor Swift is bigger and then Britney Spears was when she was like the pop queen.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm definitely more respected, for sure because Taylor is a musician and Britney Spears was a performer.
Speaker 10: And that's what I think it is. I think Tyler Swift is more than just a musician. I think Taylor Swift is also a business oh no question.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: And Britney Spears was just a pops like we I'm gonna go out there and perform.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 2: I think that Britney Spears was very much a puppet and the you know, the industry, you know, hands were like puppeteering Britney Spears through her career and she went along with it because it worked. Yeah, And Taylor Swift is definitely not a puppet. There's nobody pulling the strings on Taylor Swift. What's amazing to me is just how many people work on that tour. Just vast numbers of maybe a few hundred people work on that tour, from the text to the lighting, to the guy who runs the I mean underneath the stage. There's like a little like a little horse that she rides on. It looks like a horse and wheels her back and forth underneath the stage because you can't run under the stage.
Speaker 1: It's just it's fascinating.
Speaker 4: I want to be that little horse driver.
Speaker 8: I drive the horse that Taylor Swift rides underneath the stage.
Speaker 4: That's my job.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Taylor Swift, it turns out I think we knew this that Taylor Swift's mom was the one who set her up with Travis Kelsey. He's the nicest guy, and you know what, he really loves his mom.
Speaker 3: I went.
Speaker 8: Then, I said, now, how in the world am I going to get her to meet him?
Speaker 2: Okay, and then she's talking about how when her mom told her about Travis, you call.
Speaker 8: Me up like with this tone of like, hey, so I know you're gonna not react well to this, but there's a guy.
Speaker 4: He's really cute.
Speaker 8: You said something to the effect of, like you got to start doing something different.
Speaker 2: Somebody just texted in, they said at KATWB one, they said, Taylor Swift is awesome, but it also helps when your dad's a loaded millionaire and you don't have to do anything else in your life except reach for the stars. Now, there's no question about that, because you have either the privilege of going out and chasing your dreams or working part time over at Coles while you're going to to ride learn how to weld the goat kart together.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Nowhere Universe.
Speaker 7: It is a bit of a slowder day. But I learned something today that I didn't know. Kelly Osborne and Jack they have another brother named Louis or Lewis Osborne and apparently that was from Ozzie's previous marriage before.
Speaker 1: Sharon didn't know that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So anyways, Kelly Osborne was seen out in a rare photo with her brother because apparently he doesn't make a lot of public appearances. He keeps very to himself. And I was like, I did not know that they had another brother and that Ozzie had a kid with a different person. So there you go. Wow, fun facts.
Speaker 8: Another fun fact, Northwest, Kim Kardashian's daughter and Kanye West daughter is she's twelve years old and this weekend she made her own Instagram account. Everybody, it's breaking news, breaking news, you guys, feel well. She has her own Instagram and she's already posted two pictures.
Speaker 4: She started it on Saturday. Wow, congratulations Northwest.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, that looks a lot like Kanye.
Speaker 4: She does. She does.
Speaker 10: Indeed, this weekend, I don't know where was Saturday Saturday Night Live, season finale or Winter finale, but when Yang announce out of nowhere, tomorrow's my last episode.
Speaker 4: So here's emotional send off.
Speaker 11: I just feels so lucky that I ever got to work here, and I just wanted to enjoy for a little bit longer.
Speaker 4: Especially the people.
Speaker 11: I've loved, every single person works here, because they've done so much to me, especially my boss.
Speaker 4: Before I go, do you have any feedback for me? Well, everyone thought you were a little bit too gay? Do you know what you're me?
Speaker 2: And that is the dirt. We're gonna come back with the second to the last Christmas wish and I know it's sad, and it's coming up next on kdbub and on iHeartRadio. I gotta give a shout out to God. I think her name is Olivia. I saw her out walking yesterday and she's like, are you Dave Ryan? And it was really interesting she said, I listen every morning on iHeartRadio, and I thought it was interesting that she didn't say KATWB that she said iHeart Radio, and I thought that was just what an interesting twist because a lot of people say, oh, I hear your show on KTBDB, but our show is also all over on iHeartRadio. Of course it's on KTWB, but you can take us anywhere and check out the Minnesota Goodbye. It is a little bonus bit of content that we do every day. That's after the show, fifteen to twenty minutes of bonus content called the Minnesota Goodbye. Check that out as well on the iHeart app.