Speaker 1: Do you want to be an American?
Speaker 2: He's got flown back on seven hundred, Well, would just jump right back into it. Man over the fence, over the wall, as they say. City council members are pretty tight lipped about taking sides regarding the city manager's decision AKA after Perevol's decision a place chiefs Thiji on leave. We heard from Ken Kober immediately following yesterday's press conference with Steve im at the Finny Law fram who is representing Chief Thiji in this whole situation. He came on my show live on seven hundred Wow, and his immediate reaction to this thing was like, listen, there's many in the rank and file weren't necessarily Teresa Thigi fans, but guess what we all are now because what happened to her, that she's being railroaded out of her job and being called this this is nothing but politics, and she's a political scapegoat, and finding out on her thirty fifth anniversary of or hire as a new cop and now the chief of Cincinnati, the first woman to do that long history of service for her family, as an insult to the badge and salt to the whole process and what's interesting about this after the followed very very few. And that's, by the way, I may say, not serving all of them, but the only one to voice an opinion on counsel and this whole thing joins me now and that is Seth Wall Seth, good morning. I'm doing well, but I'm also probably doing better than you right now. I can't imagine what you woke up this morning and went in the seconds where the cobwebs are there, they go away. The first thing you probably thought of is is this dumpster fire?
Speaker 3: It's been It's been quite a week of chaos and hectic and yeah, it's been. It's been a week, Scott, and not the best week that we've had in Entity council.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is Terry Thiji the problem?
Speaker 3: You know, I think the problem with that question, Scott is how do we know that they're not telling you anything, They're not telling me anything. None of us know why this decision is being made. So Iss, she's the problem. I'm waiting for the evidence to be shown to us.
Speaker 2: But in people, so wow, this is you know, it's share a long because the way it works is the chiefs, the chiefs administrators, they all report to city manager share along. So this is Cheryl's but again she's just the executioner, right, This is the mayor. This is af tad pirrival. This isn't Sheryl Long. She is a subordinate and she's doing what she I don't know what she is commanded to do, I suppose, or I don't know. Is Cherylong run the whole thing? Either way, it's a horrible look for the mayor, especially with an election coming up in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's a bad look for the city as a whole. You know, from everything that I've been told, which is pretty much what you see in the media. I mean, this seems to be a decision made by Cheryl Long, and I think that leads to a lot of questions about the fact that the police chief, at the end of the day, is a very important decision, especially when we are trying to get crime under control in our downtown or over the Rhine and in these neighborhoods were seeing spice and crime in It is a very very important decision to change the police chief, no matter when you're changing the police chief, but to change it in such a chaotic tactic fashion with no clear plan, no clear evidence about why the decision is being made. That is a massive problem, and it is I think it's I think Ken was spot on. I imagine this is terrible from hero out for the police Department, because you know, even if it's not a situation of a scapegoat, it sure feels that way. And it's a situation that we need to be providing stability right now. We need to be showing leadership and we need to put in our plan for because the most important thing is public safety, not personality conflict.
Speaker 2: Since Walshaw, immediately following the press conference yesterday with Steve Vam, who did a great job, by the way, I spoke to Ken Cobra, President the FFP live on the show, and that was one of the questions I had to him. It's like, we just spent what kramerting four and a half million dollars with Kramerting, Jefferies, yourself and others voting to fund the police department. We got to get more bodies and we got to recruit. We're down one hundred and thirty one hundred and fifty officers. Can't have that. We've got have lateral recruiting class We're going to pull officers from other jurisdictions and make an appeal to them with money and the job at hand, to come to Cincinnati and work here and work for a district and make a difference in crime, make some money yourself and all that. That's all well and good. Four and a half million dollars does in this whole move undermine that, because if I'm a officer, if I'm a beat cup, and let's say I don't know I work in a jurisdiction, I'm maybe considering making the move over to Cincinnati go a whole On second, look, they look how dirty they just did the chief, and that's a chief. I'm nobody. What chance do I have? So did we just shoot ourselves in the foot? We opened the coffers up to four and a half mil. But at the same time send the message out that we don't know what we're doing over here, and we'll make you escapegoat politically if we have to.
Speaker 3: Well, that's where my concern comes in in terms of there's a lot of concern I have here. But yes, when we're talking about our law enforcement members, not only the morale of existing police rale of those we're trying to hire, but is that plan even heading forward the five and a half five point four million dollars we just allocated, Like, what is the plan for that now? Because it was moving forward under the last police chief who's currently on administrative lease. It's not That's what That's my frustration where I'm most upset right now is we are trying to get crime under control in the city of Cincinnati. It is not clear the stability in the past for that because nothing's been laid out to us other than this hectic process that we've all watched play out of the media. We've named an interim police chief who by all accounts is an amazing individual and going to be a great leader for the department. But it's not clear what the transition is and what's carrying on and what the problem even was in the first place. But let's just change. So how can you and I even confidently say we know what's happening next? You know, is all the plans we've done for the last two months drown out the window and we're starting fresh or are we continuing it? And if we're continuing it, how are we going to provide the confidence people that that's what's happening. I don't know, and that is not an acceptable answer for somebody who's city on Tony calnpamil give you, And it's not an accept able answer for the city manager to give us that as the solution right now is that we don't have enough information to even answer that question. So yeah, I'm very worried about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and as I understand, I don't know any but I understand from the rank and file many they respect him. They love the guy. I mean, he's the guy that wrote that citation a month later or charged anyway, the white guy in the brawl, because that was at the behest of the rabid reverence out there who demanded a flash demanded of Whitey be charged because he got black guys who were an assault and no officer on the scene would write it because they didn't think a crime was committed. But he took essentially the political bullet and said, okay, final, I'll be the one that puts my name to this, this thing that got that ball rolling. And that was all the behest of the mayor's office. So that's greasy and dirty as well, because that is a potential civil rights violation, which you know, again, when you're fighting to keep your nose above water like Afta puribals and keep his political career going, that seems like a pretty big misstep to me. You open yourself up for a civil rights case. But I don't know, does they only care about this election coming up and damn the torpedoes. We'll see what happens after that.
Speaker 3: You know, again, I don't know. From everything I've heard, it doesn't sound like this was the mayor's decision, which I know is you know, we think the way the city government works, that this would be the marrior's decision. This is legally and technically the city manager's decision. And everything that I've heard behind the scenes, which again it's not much more than what you've heard, does not sound like the mayor's the one who made the decision on this. It sounds like the mayor may have been aware of conversations transpiring behind the scenes which led to comments last week, But beyond that, I don't have anything to indicate that a have to have was the one who made the decision.
Speaker 2: Ultimately, well, there was a political component to this, There's no question about it. This wasn't a criminal charge. This was a political charge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think that that's one of the big questions. Why does this decision made? Right now? What was the urgency that required this decision to be made so quickly that the police chief had a flyback from Colorada? And I've asked that question. I don't have a satisfactory answer to it, right, And it seems like there was again, I mean, it's chaos, and it seems like chaos reigned for thirty six hours at city Hall and bad decisions were made and that's not okay and that's not acceptable, and that's the big problem here. Some people need to come out and say what actually happened and led to this and why this decision was made. You know, this is a really big decision, and the absence of information leads to rampant speculation that is not good for anybody. And I don't understand why people are so gun try to come out and just say what happened and what led to this decision. It's not like we don't know what's happening. You know. Last Wednesday, I think they put out like three press releases saying that she was still employed, which is you know, you know that Scott, You're in the media is like, that's the kiss of death.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't I don't understand you. We're good at reducing force around here, so we know this, but I don't heard when somebody get called back from a conference in Denver and going, hey, you got to get back here right away because you've got a we've got a violence emergency. Well, you know, the emergency would have happened immediately. What happened to Mountain Square, this was, this was after that. There's nothing newsworthy going on, and just out of the blue, she's in Denver and now we got to pull the plug on or doesn't make any sense. And I brought up A. Henny's name earlier, and he seems like a great guy, be a great chief. But I guess the question is, wasn't that Terry the We don't know why Terry Thigi got fired in the first place. There's no reason around this. And technically she's not fired, she's still on administrative leave. So there's that level of confusion. What are you getting with Henny that you didn't have with Thiji. Nobody knows.
Speaker 3: Right, And you know, again, a hard number one priority has to be public safety. So you know, I I think Henny is going to do a great job. But at the end of the day, you know, things I've heard from police officers are are we being held accountable for the fact that crime is happening? And I can't imagine what the morale is and I have it.
Speaker 2: It's a very.
Speaker 3: Difficult question for me to answer it now because I don't know what we're holding her accountable for. There may ver will be a good reason, Scott that you and I would agree with and say, yeah, that's the right decision, and you know, it had to happen urgently, but we absent of information, we don't know that, and so the perception is chaos. And uh, you know, we're reacting to crime, but we're reacting now to it as opposed to over the summer, where you and I've had multiple conversations about it, and this is just it doesn't make sense. And I think the clarity is so badly needed because it is going to have a negative impact on our police, it's going to have a negative impact on our citizen morale, it's going to have a negative impact on what we are trying to do as a city. And right now, I don't think that we need that forget the election, think about Cincinnati and what we are trying to achieve. You and I talk about economic development all the time. You know, right now is when we need the inspiring confidence that we've got this under control, because we want people coming downtown, we want people coming to over the run. This is not a good time to indicate in any way that we you know, we're not We don't have a plan for how we're handling public safety. And again there may very well be a plan. They come out and tell it to us, show us what the plan is.
Speaker 2: I don't have a censor as a plan, Council Member sas Walsh, I really really don't.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Here's the issue, though, you're out now campaigning as all members of council are, when election coming up in just a few short days, you're almost down to the wire right now. When you talk to your constituents, When you talk to the good people of Cincinnati, not only the citizens, but also the people who operate and own businesses in in downtown, just to maybe travelers too as well, who the hell knows you make contact with. What is the consensus among the constituents in this.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm hearing. I imagine this is what you're hearing and what people are feeling who are listening to this. You know, Opinions about the police chief varied, but opinions about how this has been handled are pretty unified, which is that she didn't deserve to be treated this way so publicly. It's not clear why it happened, and so the opinions on the entire process is that it is it's been atrocious and that nobody deserves to go through this, least of all for not a clear reason about why. And people are pretty offended by it, and I think rightfully so, and I think again, absence of information, it looks bad. It looks really bad.
Speaker 2: Oh, the FOP should have voted no confidence on the mayor's conduct here in an indirect way that with Thigi and now they're standing behind Fiji going listen. There are numbers who had issues with Terry and how she ran the shop, as you will with any boss for that matter. But at the same time everyone is coalesced. I guess on the thin blue line to say this is outrageous and there's no plan going. The way I look at it politically, Seth is what's the strategy here. I mean you have turmoil with an interim chief, which implies you have no control over crime and that it's all Terry Thigi's fault. You mean, Kenny the chief. It's a fresh start. Then you get to the election. Were the repercussions here? Because I'll be honest with you, even with this nonsense and this mess that's going on right now in this S show and the way this has been handled, I don't know how Aftab loses the election. I really don't. I mean he can, I suppose, but I don't see this huge ground swell for Corey Bowman, who's a political no name upcomer, and Jad Vans's brother dad has baggage. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I saw a great faith and of the Cincinnati and I do think that his election results will be very positive for him. But I think it's important to remind you, know, your listeners, that Cincinnati is three branches of government. You know, it's the mayor, it's the city council and this administration, and all three are are theoretically equal. So you know, the mayor, I think you're right, he's going to get re elected city Council. Obviously that the vote there is important for people to show up and make their voices heard, but also equally so you know, even if you know all eight incumbents are re elected and you know we get the ninth member, Bryan James elected on the Democratic slate there, people may feel frustrated, but the administration is still equal on here that you know, you should be expecting us to be asking these hard questions of You should be asking us and expecting us to be challenging them to come up with the answers and tell us what is going on in a public setting, not behind closed doors, not in a way that you know it's not clear, because this is too big and too important of an issue not to have clear answers off for the public. And I think that's really important people understand. You know, the mayor and city council are your voices near representatives the way our government is set up, as the administration's in charge, and if we are not getting clear answers, we need to be pushing them to get the clear answers. And we can't just rest on our laurels and say like, well that's their decision. We need answers we need to.
Speaker 2: Hold them agut and we do.
Speaker 3: This is one way to do it. Let's make it clear where we're frustrated.
Speaker 2: All right, voters most likely will choose AFTAB over Corey Bowman. But at the same time, does this have an effect down ticket? Should you be concerned as well? Should the odd members of council because so many people that are running because of the way this was mishandled. We've got so many hats in the ring right now. Anything can happen. You say you support AFT to add pureval, but what if you cost you your seat?
Speaker 3: Like anybody running for any office should be scared when they have to go out there. They have to earn votes every single day. It's one of the reasons that I'm trying to be vocal about this. I think the people's for people need to feel their frustration is being vocalized at an elucts of leadership capacity. I think anybody running right now should be worried and should be willing to take a stance on this issue, and they have their opinions known on this issue because this is an important issue that determines kind of how the next administration operates in terms of you know, whoever gets elected this cycle. And if you're not willing to speak out, if you're not willing to challenge and the hold people accountable. You know, that's the role of a city council member is to hold the administration accountable, to ask the hard questions. It's how you and I to become I would say we're friends now, Scott, but you know, we started having these conversations about a bridge fire where they thought that three years was acceptable to take to get it fixed, and I've said, no way, and we got done one hundred days. That's why we start talking about snowclouds, because we didn't plow six hundred streets and we had to hold people accountable and ultimately the DPS director retired because of that, and we got somebody in there that is going to get our streets cloud this year. And that is the job of the city council member. And if you're not willing to speak out the whole the administration accountable, I don't know why you should be elected to it. And I think that you guys should be holding people accountable and challenging us to speak out and say these things. We can all be the same party. We can all be friends, but our job is accountability.
Speaker 2: I can't say all Seth Walsh. I can't say all members of council beside yourself, but most members of council and maybe y'all. No one wants to come out publicly and chastise the mayor and call them out as you just did on the show. Why is that? Why do you think that is that you're the only one willing to do it.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Scott, and I will prefer to you to figure that one out for me. I don't have enough money to go to therapy to get that answer.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, it's not I don't understand. It seems to me maybe we're just trying to protect the brand. Like if I'm a Democrat, I'm not allowed to criticize another Democrat. You just did that, and I think you're going to be fine. It's okay. We need to get back to it. Whether it's same with the Republicans. Republicans, Hey, you can't criticize Trump. Yeah you can. You're supposed to. That's how the system works up. I mean, I got I get in fights when I was younger, all the time with my two brothers. I still love them. I take a bullet for either one or both of them. But you're allowed to disagree with people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, and I try to lead by sample, and I hope you know it is scary sometimes to step on the ledge and take the phone call with you, Scott and say, I don't know his opening question is going to be today, but we'll find out.
Speaker 2: Oh that's two of us.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, so we're always surprised. It's always a fun time. But yeah, I hope others get the confidence and the courage to be speak out too, because I think on issues like this it's too important to stay silent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right, I know you got to get going, Seth. I appreciate it. Hopefully you can brave through this. Council member, Seth Wals should appreciate your vote. I'm sure very thoughtful as always, and we'll see where this goes. But I even think the people who know I don't know where it's going at this point, and that's a scary part. All the best, my friend, do will.
Speaker 3: Thanks Scott, take care.
Speaker 2: You know, we just had the No King's protest down people. Donald Trump is as it's chaos. He's making rass decisions, no accountability, no context. And if you're a Democrat and you're down there, I imagine many Republicans are the no Kings rally. But if you're down there, a't so your point and this is your belief, I'd have to ask you, isn't this exactly what you were protesting this weekend? Chaos? No accountability, investigations by law enforcement that are politically compromised, unelected appointees like Iris Rawley having too much power, cronyism. We protesting Trump when you should have also been protesting aftab puer Vault. Scott's Loan Show seven hundred ww Solony seven hundred WLW just had that council member Seth Walsh on the show live and he brought the noise this morning. That's a little who That was like a third cup of coffee, Wasn't it? Like the only member of council not afraid to go at AFT tab pure Vaul at this point everyone else is kind of laying lows in which way the wind blows, which I get. You know, election season, you don't know what's going to happen with the voters because they're a piste off, and who could blame them based on what's happening right now, largely because of the mayor. And I think there's maybe some conservatives, probably a good number of people or cursing me out or maybe not listening anymore because I'm not drinking the entire right kool aid. And that's fine. But I look at that and go, well, you know, I just don't. Corey Bowman seems like a good guy. You know, he's a pastor, he's the brother of the Vice president. If you're a conservative, you probably vote for him. But the problem is you're not in Hamlin County. It's deep, deep blue, and how much does that carry in deep blue Cincinnati. No, I think after that peerful knows that, and which is even the worst part, because you feel like, hey, you know what, I don't have to I don't have to play this out. I can do whatever I want, which is part of a bigger problem. And I kind of brought it up at the end of talking to Seth Walsh there and I was thinking about it, turning the break and go. This past weekend we had the No Kings rallies right that the nationwide protests against President Trump. Not one person who voted for Trump would be a No Kings rally. Right, So the protesters, what were their grievances, Well, there are a lot of individual grievances out there, and anytime you have one of these tantrums, and that's what it was, a tantrum. It's a bunch of people with hold a wide difference of what it is there to bitch about. But the commonality is the president of the United States and the protesters were concerned about what many things the direction of the country that were descending into fascism. That there's just nothing but chaos with this president. I'd agree with that, there's a lot of chaos going on. That this is a guy that makes rash decisions. There's no accountability, there's no context. Okay, you protested Trump et cetera. Point this weekend for the No Kings rally. How is this different than what's happening at city Hall? Because one guy, and you could say, sure, a long now aftad pure of all is holding the city hostage in a sense with the stupid ways handled crime. There's platitudes and there's measures, there are too little, too late. Trump doesn't answer to anyone. And if you love Trump, you love that about him. But if you don't, you hate that. It's like he won't listen to He only listens himself. Okay, so who's aftablist answering to counsel? No. We just had Seth Walshawn and he said, no one knows what's going on. We know that Trump isn't afraid of the camera or the reporter of the question. He goes to them. Hell, he puts all the stuff out. I'm social. When Patrick Carringer was killed in his own home two days later, he didn't post about that. He posted about a ribbon cutting that he was a part of and literally steps away from. When this man was murdered his own home, not a word. We had the since he beat down in late July, what did he do? Left for vacation the day after it went down. It's going viral. You know it's going to be bad. And he fled to Canada. Ah, okay, Well, you know, if you're against chaos and no accountability and no context and doing order, the hell you want to not answering to anyone and destroyt I'm sorry, isn't it what aftabt puervol is doing right now? One of the criticisms is, you know Trump is he has his investigations and the law enforcement are now politically compromise of Justice department is not anymore. It's about it's about retribution and taking care of you on. Okay, Well, the guy who's just been named innor in chief knowingly wrote a citation to cause the arrest of the white guy who was the victim in the brawl. Not the responding cops, Not the cops who showed up because they said, well, you know, we think you're the victim of a crime, but the lieutenant colonel. And it was a full month later, after the reverence demanded and after the press conference, the charges are filed and then sealed. What what This is not a criminal charge. It's a political charge. And it's all under sheer Long, who is essentially the pit bull for after puer vol the same guy who was forced by the order of his boss's any manager named it her in chief is a reward for being loyal. I may be wrong about that, and this is I don't think it's indictment of Henny, because I understand it's great guy. He's loved by the cops, and you know, I get it. You're going to do what you're told if you're the piper you call the tune, and Henny is not the piper. He's way down the food chain. And he didn't want his officers to have be forced politically by the mayor's office to do that, so he said, I'll do it for you. That that's leadership in a in a very and that's leadership in a vacuum, is what that is. So this is an attack on Henny. This is an attack on what happened we hear about. Oh my god, look at look at all the benefactors to Trump and the people that are as you know, the people that support him and give him money, and his benefactors that elon musks and the butt kissing him. Okay, unelected appoint he's have too much power. And this is a much smaller scale because of the city of Cincinnati. But what Tyris Rawley, she's she's interfering with cops who are awfully enforcement a law by arresting individuals without standing warrant. What you're supposed to do in your cop and she's telling the person you have rights to resist. This is a woman they pay over one hundred thousand dollars to who. By the way, three years ago, when Terry Thigi got the job. The candidates, including Terry, were interviewed by Iris Rawley. They had to pass the Iris Rowley test. What authority does she have? Two few and two infrequent state troopers, which they begutually went along with, but just enough to make it, Hey, we're cooperating with the state. You really aren't. They're coming in for like one, like one day a week or two days a week, something stupid like that. The state troopers had to be lectured by her. And if you talk about cronyism, Roy's son was hired to talk to young people at Fountain Square as a criminal pass and I guess it's maybe to get them on the right path. He's got a part time gig through his mom, paying sixty I think, what is it, almost sixty thousand dollars a year. Fifty thousand dollars a year. Sixty dollars an hour basically is what it is. What to talk to people to Fountain Square. You're getting fifty sixty bucks an hour. Who the hell doesn't want that gig? And why does he have that job because of his experien No, because his mom is connected the AFTM. So for all the folks who are down on the Riverfront this weekend with a No King's rally and all the stuff that you're against, and there's a lot of there's a lot of things. I get it with this president that people don't like. I understand it. Some of it I agree with myself. But for me, who the problem is politics, it's not the politician, it's the party, it's the process. You know, it's kind of funny watching folks out there who are deep deep blue, angry at deep deep red, and they don't see that the deep deep problem is the same thing. There's a lot of characteristics I just laid out and probably many more that you can check the box for Donald Trump, but you can also check that box or after to have puerful other stuff going on. Speaking of which, speaking of the presidential l this is one to me that I look at and I don't know. We're just people are just so angry at one side or the other that they just they can't see even when it's something is I don't know, minor as remodeling the White House. They're gonna make a big deal out of it. So the Australian Prime ministers and I guess someone bumped into a four hundred year old mirr and Trump kind of lost his mind a little bit, which is kind of funny, but pointed out that he's worried about it about one mirror while the demolition crews at the same time are ripping, are destroying the east wing, and why are they destroying the east wing? They make room for this gaudy ballroom. Hold on just a second, y'all. The White House came to be the White House in seventeen ninety two. That's two hundred and thirty three years. So let's just review a second. Okay, has that building changed you think substantially in the last two hundred and thirty plus years. Chester Arthur, Chester A Arthur, and the A stands well. I don't know what the A stands were, but it stands for something. Chester A. Arthur had a remodel done where it was largely Victorian, a lot of tiffany glass. Some people like the tiffany glass. Some people go it's too much. And one of those people to be Teddy Roosevelt, because twenty one years later he revitalized the White House added the West Wing. The West Wing wasn't always there. Teddy Roosevelt tr put in the West Wing. It's a separate building that houses, as you know, the staff, the secretary's cabinet room, all that stuff as well. Then our own, Cincinnati's own William Howard Taft in nineteen oh nine, seven years later, comes in and expands the West Wing and says, you know what, We're gonna put an office in here, the Oval Office. The Oval Office was non existent till nineteen oh nine. In nineteen twenty seven, Calvin Coolidge put a third floor on and said, yeah, you know what, we're run out of space because we keep putting stuff in the attic. What if we just put a third floor in this thing? And at the time, the newspapers one newspaper work anti Calvin Coolidge, going, what are we doing over here? I know it's the twenties, the roaring twenties, and we've got money, but this seems irresponsible. And of course then during this whole remodel, we had the Great Depression kick in. Near the end of that term. In nineteen forty eight, Truman said, okay, well we really need to double down here. And it was the most extensive renovation the history of the White House that lasted four years to remodel the White House entirely, which was well overneeded, desperately need at that point. But even since the Truman renovation. In nineteen fifty two, Jackie Kennedy created the Rose Garden and you know, Donald Trump blew that up and it pissed every Oh Rose Garden the history again, what was the Rose Garden before Jackie Kennedy did something there? Gerald Ford put a swimming pool in, Nickson put in a bowling alley. In seventy three, Obama did the Big Dig and that just basically expanded the situation room and the space under the west wing, so nothing was destroyed there. But we've had a long history of blowing up the White House and doing different things. I just I don't understand why, hey, taking the west one would put a new ballroom in. It's just because Trump's doing it now. If Biden had won the election and we're doing it, I'm sure people on the right to be screaming out, we don't have the money to do this stuff, and so it goes. It's just the silliness of it. We've been remodeling the White House periodically for a long time because the building is two hundred and thirty three years old, and eventually you look at it going, this isn't working anymore. And I forget what Nixon's bowling all. I don't think it's a bowling al anymore. It's something else. You think Obama had a basketball court putt it or something. I don't know if the court was always there, but had that I wonder if that went away. I don't know, but it seems like they do a good job, even with the shutdown, of taking care of themselves. And that is the point of the discussion. It's like you keep blaming one side or the other. You just keep making excuses for your team and ignoring it when the other You emphasize it when the other side does it, ignore it when your side does it. It's exhausting. I think for those of us, the eighty percent of us, we just want to live our lives, make money, be left alone, probably feel about the same way. You know, back to the government shutdown. And as they said, as we get closer to thirty thirty five days in the significant of the shutdown gets greater and greater. You know, for the first couple of weeks, who cares, got some park shutdown? Okay, somebody could get paid eventually they get paid, you know, a month. And now it's starting to cut to the correl aboe. You know, we're getting job reports and things like that start to go by the wayside. And now you know, nuclear energy furloughs. Okay, well what does that look like? In the longer drags on, the deeper and deeper we start to feel this. But the beginning it's it's we're still I believe we're still in the theater stage at this thing. Okay, nuclear weapons agency has been hit according to Fox News, right, a government shut down hits top nuclear weapons agency. All Right, as I'd be concerned if we had to launch nukes, I would you still be able to do that? Yes, yes we would because all but eight percent of the government is still open. That's not going to change the pain felt by federal workers and contractors. And maybe when you show up to get something done, like for example, got an email. Doesn't apply to me at all, but I pay Social Security as probably you do when you get an email from the Social Security and mister saying listen, you know what the officers are shot, but you still do stuff online. So, as I said yesterday, is a matter of fact to our Buddy Schaeffer over it all worth financial they're going to get back together. I guess the people decide this to make sure that the COLO that would be the cost of living raiss for those on Social Security will get their cost of living increase, because if he didn't do that, and the old people who vote would be pissed off. Now you're literally putting your lips on that third rail. That's what you're doing. But you know, the stuff that's going to really really upset people, like Social Security, We're still going to continue to do that kind of stuff. And we're always going to do that because this is nothing but theater.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Granted, the longer we get into it, the more of those things will see and feel, and we'll just get tired of them, and eventually somebody's gonna blink and they'll come back and we'll just shut the government down again in about six or seven weeks and start this process all over again. Slowly. Here the big one seven hundred WLW do have some developing news, and we've been so I got obsessed with the Terry Thiji thing that's still going on that there's actually other stuff going on in the world. Those things is recall, right before all this broke was the intoxicating hemp law reform that was going down, where intoxicating hemp UH and that whole process is it's rather complex if you're not following what's going on there. We have beverages out there that have THHC in them, and THHC, of course is the element in cannabis THHC delta nine in particular that gets you high. And there's a lot of confusion over this whole thing. I hope I can straighten it out maybe a little bit here, make some sense of this, because it's a complex issue as to why we're going after intoxicating hemp. And there's beverages out there that they sell that have THHC in it, but that derive from the hemp plant. And there's a lot of complex things. Largely it's because of all the lack of regulation and then sweeping regulation coming in once the people pass something like legislating recuational marijuana. So cannabis and hemp are related plants. They look alike chemically, they're different. The part that gets you high AF is a lot less present than hemp, so in cannabis, THHC is a lot higher. That's the stuff that gets you high, and CBD it's the opposite. It's it's a lot less. Hemp is legal in the United States, Cannabis isn't by federal law. Hemp is a plant, and bulk of hemp is actually used for fabric and clothing and stuff like that. Rope think for example, so THHG gets you high, CBD doesn't. Hemp has something like point three percent THHCN, just a trace amount of it. So somebody along the line said, hey, you know what, since there's this hemp loophole, quote unquote, if we just get a hell of a lot of hemp and extract that point three percent THCHD, we can take that and it'll have the same effect as marijuana plant, the America cannabis plant. So technically it's a loophole because we will always find a way around prohibition always. We always have in the world. If there's a black market, somebody's gonna find it. So hemp products can be sold almost anywhere in the state and the government has no jurisdiction. That's why we had this emergency order from the wine because the legislature was slow to move on changing end of it's because they're being held hostage, I guess by the far right. And we're afraid of church groups yelling at us because dare someone put something or do something that they disagree with put some of their body disagree with that. That's how it works. And so the other thing you need about Delta eight nine is eight is considered a less potent and milder than delta nine. That is a big component in cannabis, and you get more of a subdued high in that it's a little more relaxing, a little more clear headed. And delta nine is your classic weed high. And so we have these beverages that are infused with that product, the Delta eight that people enjoy. And then talking to well like the folks at fifty West for example, said hey, listen, you know our craft brew the whole craft brew thing starting to die. People are kind of craft brewed out. But you know what they really really like. They like these seltzers. They like these waters essentially that are infused with that Delta eight. So you get the same effect as alcohol, but also a lot of people like the way you feel the day after. You know, a lot of people get hangovers. By the way, my superpower, never get hungover, get drink and drink, drink, and wake up the next day ready to go. Don't know why, just how it is in that regard. People are going, Wow, you know what, I don't have that feeling I have the next day. I can have a couple of these and feel nice, have a good, warm feeling about me as you get with alcohol. But I don't have the residual effect. Okay, you're twenty one or older. What's wrong with that? Nothing? So the good news is, rather than we had this ninety day ban, and then of course there was a three companies, one here in Cincinnati filing a lawsuit against this, and there's an injunction that stops so you can still drink those beverages at fifty West and elsewhere. It's all good now. Finally, what looks like we have the legislature being forced at gunpoint to do what they're unwilling to do, and we have new legislation that addresses all this stuff. The guy behind it, of course, is Steve Hoffman. He's a physician and also state senator from just the Tip City. He joins me next on the show to talk about this and more coming up on seven hundred WW Cincinnati Good Morning's Scott fum here on seven hundred WW streaming on the iHeartRadio app. We have the PG stuff going on, of course, and we also have this this is kind of breaking news, and you're getting at first, three Ohio companies, you know, file a lawsuit challenging Governor to wines emergency order to ban the sale of low level intoxicating him products, namely those peltzers you like because they're infused with Delta eight. And a lawsuit was enjoined by those companies and he had a ninety day ban in effect, and that was set aside. But guess what, we may have a resolution. We may have a resolution in this whole sort of affair on that is Ohio Senator Steve Hoffman out of just a Tip City. He's a physician by trade, but also longtime lawmaker in the Senate. Steve, Good morning, Houses Wednesday morning. Find you.
Speaker 4: A beautiful day, beautiful day all as well.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to go. How about you?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: You sponsored Senate Bill fifty six that was the controversial one overhauls of cannabis laws. Consolidates and revises a medical and adult use marijuana regulations. Also establishes, in more importantly, a regulatory flame framework for all the stuff to work. So all of a sudden time hemp comes along and people are going, oh, well, we can kind of milk that hemp and get old thc out of it enough to make an intoxicating beverage or edible or vape or tincture or something along those lines. Unfortunate because it's not regulated. Some retailers, not a lot of them, but a number of them, to take notice, are selling them the kids, and we can't have that. I understand that whole thing. I thought that the ninety day ban was all overreaching when you're preventing adultsom enjoying. But again, the lawsuit forces the hand, the Governor DeWine forces the hand, and the end result is we're hearing that there's a sub bill to be added to your Senate Bill fifty six. It would add hemp regulation to it, kind of bringing everything together in the same page. Is that The short story is that the quick read the quick read.
Speaker 4: I also had the Senate passed out my bill sent Bill eighty six was on hemp, and basically what we did was put all the intoxicating hemp into the dispensaries. And that's where the two got put together. And we have one on marijuana, and and the House yesterday spoke about you know, they passed out of committee basically changing the hemp thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you can't you know, the idea of going to a convenience store, be it anyone for that matter, no idea whatsoever, you're going to buy something that can get you as intoxicated as as an adult beverage, you need to be cardedt ID four at age twenty one. That that didn't apply. It was kind of a loopholear that cleans all this up. So you won't see retailers carryouts, roague carryouts for that matter, doing what we're talking about here, because you can't have that.
Speaker 4: And I agree with that, right, I mean, the overall pemis is youre have to be twenty one you over to buy it. Now, there's you know, the established as a license where four hundred places that are already selling this in eighty percent of their retail is him. They will be able to continue to do this. But in here, as as you've spoken before, and your wife enjoys the cannabis strength, that you'd be able to sell the five percent of the five milligrams of THHC and a bar, but you would be able to as a carryout by ten milligrams from that bar or from a liquor establishment at twenty one and over.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I again most people, myself included doctor, Really I don't understand five milligrams and HAM two million. I look at some gummies that are five MILLI not point five, but five milligram or ten milligram gummies, which you certainly can feel the effect of. From what I understand, the point five seems rather low. Is there nothing point five milligrams? And let's say a can of seltzer? How does that compare to let's say a can of beer. As far as the effect, I.
Speaker 4: Think the effect of five milligrams is like a six percent bud, Like you know, you have one, Hey, you're not going to really feel much of the fact. You know, two or three or four you may start getting intoxicated and do funny things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that makes sense. You drink three or four of them, you're starting to feel the effects of it, which you know you don't want to make it completely alcohol or in this case THHC free because it defeats the purpose if you're looking to, you know, maybe feel good. And let's face a lot of people like to say, I drink Why do I like craft beer? I like the taste. Why do I like bourbon? I like the taste of it? Most people drink it to get well messed up. Let's let's just call it what it is and a little chemical yoga. As long as you do it in control, you're not driving who you hurt, and except maybe yourself a little bit. Now, if it gets to be a habit, different story. But nonetheless, these are the vices which adults are allowed to enjoy in the Buckeye State and across this country of our steef off men. It fine with it, So that's good. Is there anything in here? Is this gonna let's rewind You may not know the answer to this, but well, let's satisfy those who the three companies that brought the suit in the first place. I mean, have you met with them? It's okay, what are your grievances? And this addresses them and less satisfy that lawsuit, so simply it goes away.
Speaker 4: That's a good questions, There's some things in here that bothers the industry. So one of the big thing about the ballot in issues that has been a concern is the monopoly that it could created so that anybody in the industry got to stay in the industry. We're limiting the number of marijuana dispensaries. Well, this bill does the same thing. So it only's going to provide four hundred license to the four hundred people that are doing it now. So if Scott Sloan said, I want to have the hemp score, well, it would be very difficult for a number of reasons. One, there's only there's no more licenses because we're giving them out to the people that are already there. And number two, if there's a license, you're going to stay seventy thousand dollars a year, and the other guys that are already established or are are going to pay ten thousand or fifteen thousand for their license. It doesn't really seem a capitalist thing that the pre market that I mean, shouldn't we have let anybody that provide the safe store to be able to sell it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that seems reasonable to me, and I think that's a reasonable suggestion. We'll see what the industry's reaction to that.
Speaker 3: Is.
Speaker 2: But but at the same time, we're also limiting it to like four hundred damp outlets across the state with millions of people. You know, you talk about I guess capitalism and and you know, having a market there. And I think hemp dispensers can they can't be with like a mile each other or something like that. Why why such, Why the restrictions there?
Speaker 4: You know, I think the House tried to model some things that we did uh in in marijuana, and you know, I think to prevent you don't want in downtown Cincinnati every other store to be marijuana and hemp. And you know, also in this bill, it allows the city townships to say I just don't want hemp, I just don't want marijuana.
Speaker 3: You can't come in, and that's.
Speaker 4: Their right, but you know it would limit it that. You know, a few months ago when I was testifying, I kind of threw people for a loophole and I said, I think we should deregulate marijuana within five years. Anybody should be able to. I mean, if you can, if you have the money, and you can provide a store that's and process it and grow it properly and under the surveillance of the Cannabis Commission, go at it. If we really want to drive down prices and have a free market, we should deregulate it. But that fell on deaf ear.
Speaker 2: One would think, because the market would control. But in this case, you know, you have four hundred outlets for a state that has damn near twelve million people. I'm doing the math on that one. It doesn't math that much. Now. Granted a lot of our state is rural, but I just wonder if that's too few, how do you determine that number. What's that even based on?
Speaker 4: I think they looked at about how many stores are currently out there, and to hold it artificially low in it benefits to current people, it does not benefit entrepreneurism out.
Speaker 3: There at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you look at how little the stuff costs in Michigan. It's because, man, I'll tell you, up there, they have tons of it. Now, some may say, well it's too much, but again you have a gold rush and opportunity for entrepreneurs to get into the game, and so you'll see a lot of storefronts. What happens generally in the cycle of business then is those little fish either can't figure out a business model to make it work, they go out of business, which happens all the time to natural cycle things, or they get successful and they get bought up by bigger fish and eventually, you know, you have a limited number of fish in the market to control everything. So that but that's down the line, and it seems like we're artificially blocking that market right there. He is Ohio Senator Steve Hoffman on the show on seven hundred WW the good news about this band and how that affects you as if you enjoy the THHC laced beverages like at fifty West, for example, the sunflower products are really good. This is this is going to allow this to continue to occur. So for example, our friends fifty West or any local company around here, they say, listen, our beer sales. Craft beer is kind of it's dwindling. It's starting to go down. Numbers are going now. We had peak craft beer, but so many more people now are enjoying these THHG lays drinks. They're going to still be able to sell them at a bar. The ones with the higher amounts will have to be sold at a carry out.
Speaker 4: Correct more takeout from the bar.
Speaker 3: Okay, So if you can't sell the.
Speaker 4: Ten milligrams to drink for the bar.
Speaker 3: You have to take that out. It's the way it's.
Speaker 2: Currently written good because that was a concern. They're said, hey, listen, craft beer is dying, and now you guys are going to put this ninety day moratorium on creating crafting product and selling it. I'm going to go out of business. And fortunately, I think what the governor did, and I disagree with holding up the children as a reason why to do this an extreme example, but he did what he set out to do and that has forced the legislature and force the lawmakers in Columbus to act on and do something about this loophole and specifically regulating this product. And I get if government comes in, we need to regulate things and make sure it's safe and fair and also make sure it's not falling in the hands of the underage. And that's what regulatory regulatory framework does. I understand that it's just manned the legislature dragging their feet on this thing, and it makes no sense to me because the end result is people wind up losing out. And also, you know, you're making business have to work harder to work around the slow pace of the government. I understand that fortunately we had in this case the legislature moving forward and saying, okay, we're going to come up with some frameworks here and maybe this will work out for everyone.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: One of the other things I saw here, and I saw kind of the outline of the of the code itself. It allows this little municipalities, as you said, to ban happen marijuana dispensers. For in Mason, for example, long ago they said we don't want this here, still not there. But at the same time, it also prohibits them from taxing these products. So is there a rationale there for giving cities the power to ban but not the tax.
Speaker 4: We don't want to drive the price up from one. He has always been the philosophy, especially on marijuana, that if you you know, let them packed. You know, in this bill, we're doing what the municipalities want.
Speaker 3: Because if you go back to.
Speaker 4: The Vallid initiative, the valid initiative taxed it at ten percent and then put thirty six to the locals. But there's a flaw in it that did not release the money to the locals. So over the last almost two years they haven't gotten the money. And so this bill would keep that intact and then given a mechanism to release the money. It would also add a ten percent tax on a hint product. If that's constitutional. We're still working through that because you're not allowed to tax things from out of that come from out of state at a higher rate and attack your own stuff as a federal law. So we'll see if that that'll work out.
Speaker 2: For us, all right, And then in the regulatory as mean, it's kind of wonky. I suppose as I've read through the note on this and said, okay, well, we've got these different regulatory frameworks, right, We've got the hemp dispensaries or under cannabis control, the drinkables under liquor control. Does that create confusion and inefficiency?
Speaker 4: It can? I mean, if you're a business that has two if you do, if you're if you're a hint and you have gummies and all sorts of ointments and stuff like that, and you also have beverages, you're answering to two masters. Now right right, it does. But you look at it at Kroger's or a grocery store, you know they have they have to facto license, they have a liquor license, they have a pharmacy, they're they're answering the multil a agencies in the state of Ohio and federal agencies also. But sometimes that's that's the way it works out. If that's the business line, you need one.
Speaker 2: Of the other things in here. Steve Hoffmann relative to the regulatory structure, I was talking to our friends at fifty West about this after this ed it came down from the governor of the ninety day ban and what that would do to business, and it's horrible. So they're they're they're cranking out the sunflower product right now, which is what we're talking about, and a lot of people enjoy that. Of course, there's other brewers and manufacturers that do this locally, and God bless them because I like when people make money. It makes them make pay taxes and everybody's happy, especially when it's something leisurely and a vice like drinking an adult beverage. So this will require those companies, the cannabinoid manufacturers to have sales toritories for distributors, kind of like alcohol distribution. Does that limit market efficiency and competition or is that like, hey, we do this for alcohols, would be fair to do it to these products as well.
Speaker 4: Well, I think that was their philosophy. They do it for alcohol. You know, there's a thought that we should to me, it's a disadvantage the vast majority that does the hamp products in beverages or the craft brewers. And you look at ryan Geist there in Cincinnati, and I don't know how many they do, but just say they're going to do. They have you know, ten bars in Cincinnati and twenty retail outlets that they sell it. They would be more efficient to load their truck up at their factory and drive to those places rather than to take that truck to the distributor, which might be in Middletown and then that truck will then disperse thing to it. Certainly wouldn't be as efficient and probably cost effective. So because it's they tend to be more on the smaller scale. That's certainly not the Budweisers that are doing it.
Speaker 2: All right, right, Steve Hoffman, all right, So this is just kind of like written in pencil, not pen yet. What is the timeline for getting this done? You think what happens next?
Speaker 5: Well, the so.
Speaker 3: The house passed it out.
Speaker 4: You know, if we sent that over there in March so they've been sitting on it for seven months. So the inactivity was not from the from the from the Senate standpoint. But I do not think that the Senate is going to agree with the current form. I think probably in the next two or three weeks, you know, certainly before Thanksgiving, we will sit down and take the good on both sides and come up with something that both of us in the industry can is reasonable to be safe and have an efficient industry here in the state of Lahare.
Speaker 2: So in the meantime, everything works away, it was working before. The good news is you don't know what about.
Speaker 4: Right with with the with the temporary restraining order. Everything's working us before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you'll fill the void and we'll never notice, which is how I like things to work. It's like when my phone or my tablet or my computer updates. It does it in the dark night when I'm dead asleep, Steve, and I wake up, and everything's the way it should be. That's what I want us.
Speaker 4: Well, you you hope that's the way it works, because you're in trouble.
Speaker 2: Well, if next time we talk and we're talking about the blue screen of death and we've got a real but hopefully all this happens behind the scene and you can go to a bar or a restaurant in order to your favorite CBD beverage. Steve Hoffman, Senator Steve Hoffman from a Tip City, I appreciate your help on this too and help them figure this out. It's a complex issue, but we need more joy in life, not less joy. But if you know drinking a THC infused seltzer is not your joy, well it certainly as someone else's, and damn it as an American, as an Ohioan. I want to fight and make sure and I know you do too, that that people can do that and enjoy that, provided they're twenty one or older and doing it responsibly. All the best to you, my friend. Thanks again, you take care of that. Take care, I say, more intoxicating beverages, edibles, tintures, vapes, et cetera, not less. I'm on the pro chemical yoga side of life. Were I'm a little eye voted sticker. Look, we got to get a news update. And why do we enjoy adult beverages and other things that make us relaxed, Well because of real life streussors. Biggest stress or we're facing in Cincinnati. Of course, is what the hell is happening with crime? I'm and the police chief and how is this whole thing handled by the way, I say not well, I would say horribly by this administration. Julie Bouki, our career, Shirpa spent a lifetime in HR. She knows all how this stuff should work, and when it doesn't work, she pokes holes in it. She's going to do that. Next is Julie on the job Scott's loan seven hundred WT.
Speaker 1: Giving you a vocational leg up on everyone else. Here's our career, shirp on it. Julie Bouki.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I always love it when a topic comes up, something comes up that's ripped from the pages of today's headlines. And of course that would be what's transpired here in the last three days with the chief Terry Thiji. And she was summoned backed you may recall last week from Denver. She's at a conference in Denver Police chiefs conference. They tell you got to get come back. We have urgent business regarding the safety of Cincinnati. Now what in urgent business I was? When no one knows because there's really nothing happening wasn't a shooting like we had a Fountain Square. We had the Thursday night occurrence, but that was still being investigated. It wasn't like a big mass casually event she had to come back for, thank god. And immediately it got out that well, they're going to fire her, and then it turned into a paid administrative leave and there were no answers coming from city Hall relative to well, what did she do or did she not do that caused her her job essentially, and she's hanging limbo. She's not been fired, she's still unpaid leave, although we have an interim chief that's in the fact right now and the end results are paying her. We had her attorneys speak live on the radio yesterday at ten am about what was transpiring that she actually had. There was no cause to do this whatsoever. She was always never really anything bad in her record of thirty five years law enforcement. She's the chief. We have a crime spree. But is that relative to the policy set forth by this administration and draft at pure vault or is that Chief Thigi to the point where what does chief interim Chief Henny get you? That Chief Thiji doesn't get you, and no one can answer that question. It is a cluster bleief and a dumpster fire and a tire fire all in one. Julie Balk, Welcome back. Good to have you on. Julie on the Job, our career SHIPA who is a licensed professional in the state of Human Resources, how are you?
Speaker 6: I would just say that I have opinions. I have strong opinions that I'm not willing that I'm not unwilling to that I'm not unwilling to share. So that's where we are. And yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 6: First of all, anytime you have something that happens at this level in a city where everybody's got their hands in the pie in terms of everybody has a stake. When you really think about there's the community, there's the government, there's the FOP, there's you know, the police officers, there's there's all these different constituencies, the media, in the fact that we do have an election for mayor coming up in two weeks, there's all of those things. It's almost like they just get thrown into a call ldren using a Halloween theme and stirred up and so there are there's so much we don't know here. What we do know is that the crime problem, whatever your perception of it is, is never just the fault of one person.
Speaker 3: But when you are the.
Speaker 6: Leader of an organization, of an organization, you will all you will often take the slings and arrows, whether you are beloved by your group or not. That's just the nature of being in a high level position, in a high level position, in a high visibility role, where there are so many different people with stakes in it, and it's you know, I was reading a bunch of stubbs and watching a bunch of videos this morning in preparation for this and was reminded that the city is still in an ongoing dispute with the past fire chief. Yep, and that's been continuing.
Speaker 2: And Steven Ann, the guy who represents Terry Fiji, also represents former chief Washington. So it's sound employment and it's all battled out in the public eye, unlike typically where we all work and where you work, if you're listening, there may be a regime change, there may be layoffs. We just did that, and there's no easy way. We've often talked about the fire people. You call in one at a time on firing day, and then you just wait for your name to be called you bring everybody in one big cattle call and fire group of people. That's in humane as well. There's no real good way to do this. But the way this whole thing is handled, because it's in the public eye, it's the government that technically works for us because the people are the government a lot. I'd safe to say every man and woman who's following the story is not pleased at how it's been handled so far. So this is a different thing. And then, as you mentioned, politics are involved here too, because in an election coming up, how does this help have to add peival to get re elected or doesn't it. I think he thinks he's got in the bag. It really doesn't matter. I'm just curious to see what happens at this point. Let's get into that, Julie. If you're on Terry's team, Terry Thiji, what are you going to get out of this? You're not going to get your job back, are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So if she were sitting with me right now, and I've met her several times, you know, but if she was sitting asking my advice, very she's asking my advice, that's what I would say. I said, what do you want out of this? If you get your job back, it's going to be under incredibly increased scrutiny and attention.
Speaker 3: You're going to be put.
Speaker 6: Back into your job against the wishes of the people who are responsible for hiring and firing, which you know since two thousand and one that falls under the city manager. And so what what are you trying to get out of this? I don't get the sense. And this is just me kind of reading between the lines, which is a little dangerous, but is that It's not about she's trying to get some big severance package. It's about I am being targeted for something that is not that of course I have some responsibility for, but it's not entirely my responsibility. There are when you look at these problems that have come up, And I just want to say that last night I lived downtown and last night I was out walking around and it was dark, and I was down by Fountain Square and I saw no less than twelve police officers, no less. I was counting them, which then made me say, Okay, we know there's a staffing shortage, we know where are they not showing up where they need to be showing up. And so I'm very sympathetic to It's not her fault. It's not the officers on the street. They can't be everywhere at once. It's not all the mayor's fault. There's a lot of responsibility that lies in the home and with the community. And any time you have something like this that's such a hot potato, you've got Corey Bowman, the other candidate for mayor, chiming in. It's it's almost like, and I hate to say this, but in almost every situation, even in a corporate situation, someone is going to take the fall.
Speaker 7: Is it right?
Speaker 6: No, of course not, but it is. It is what it is. And I was thinking about this because when I went back when I was in HR, we had this guy who he has passed away, so I always feel like I can tell the story freely. He ran the department, and he was just a massive creep, like Harvey Weinstein creep, and everybody knew it's but his numbers were really good, his results were really good, and so nobody everyone was like, uh huh, huh uh huh when you try to say, here's what's going on. And he was supposed to lose Cannon in so many different ways, and nobody wanted to hear it because the train was running on the tracks at least from.
Speaker 3: A results point.
Speaker 6: The minute the train started go off the tracks, he became enemy member one and he was fired. I'm like, Okay, you're the same guy doing the same creepy thing today that you were yesterday. But now all of a sudden, you know it's a problem. And so when you know so, it's it's human nature. Whether you're in the police department or Kroger or anywhere, look at look at the top person is always in the crosshairs. And you know, I was reading through all these things, listening to people's comments, people in the community, and there's a lot of support for her in the community talking about her policing style. But I also saw some videos from you know, our buddy Ken Cober talking about his funds for the interim chief, Adam Henny. So that availed message that says, wow, we're so glad to have Adam Henny because maybe the leader of the rank and file in the FOP didn't respect her as a leader, and the city saying ineffective leadership, and so if you're going to lead with that as a as a reason, then you've got to be able to back that up when this goes to court, because it.
Speaker 2: Will well there's there's the thing is Julie Balgare curusher. But Julie on the job this morning, every Wednesday morning, this time with Solny on seven hundred WLW was the biggest story. Of course, that would be Terry Figi and this is perfect for her because it is hr and how it's mishandled and how no one knows why the reasons why Chief Thiji was well not even fired at this. That's the other thing is paid administrative leave. If you're fired, you're fired. Why why don't they just drop the X and say okay, it's now Adam Henny. That's another thing is why prolong this?
Speaker 6: You know? And I don't. The thing we don't know what are the terms of the contract. Someone did say that in the contract she a couple of sayings that she's entitled to if she were to leave, and I don't think se is mentioned, so it could be. And this is weird where this is what the previous fire chief. One of his claims is I did not get due process. Okay, so what does that look like? And so you can either when it comes to what is due process. Let's say for firing a police chief, for a fire chief. Let's just pull this out of the air, because that's what we've got in front of it. What does that look like? What does due process look like? My opinion of it might be very different from yours. So is that review of all of the reasoning and the evidence, bipartisan committee? Is that a period of time in which people get to get their act together, like maybe sixty days, where people can gather their thoughts. So what is the purpose? There has to be a purpose. I don't know if they thought when she was being put on paid administrative leave that she would quit, but they had to know that this was coming no big surprise. And so from a strategy standpoint, if you're the city, you have to get in the room with all the people who have their fingers in this and say, okay, so what does the contract say? Are we living by the terms of the contract? And do we generally operate?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 6: Are we generally operating the same with everybody?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Are we being fair?
Speaker 6: What is our evidence that she's an ineffective leader? Who says so? And why now not?
Speaker 2: What's the evaluation? And it's like, if she's enforcing the policies that our policies are placed in by the people above her, and she just enforces the policies and the dictates of the office, so she doesn't control that. But we know that in politics there's a lot of people that follow the sword for the people above them, and then they're made whole later when no one's paying attention, and God only knows what that includes. But I also heard too that there is no non disclosure agreement here, so you got to get her to sign an NDA. And as you know, NDAs can be costly because if your chief theeves, you probably know some things and have evidence that are going to make the administration, namely share long the city manage and most likely have to appear of all but others. You've got some dirt there, and and to make people like this shut up, you got to cut them a big check. So the question is, Julie, how big a check are we talking? And am I wrong about that analysis?
Speaker 6: No, no, you're not wrong. I think the decision before anything happens, before you say get back from Denver today instead of two days from now, which seems like why arbitrary?
Speaker 2: It's arbitrary.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you have to say, Okay, what's worst case?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 6: What it's worst case she sueses, all this stuff becomes public. How do we Because if you didn't think she was going to file a lawsuit.
Speaker 3: You have not been paying attention, right because.
Speaker 6: It's and so I don't I don't know. I mean, it's just it makes the way it looks and I always say, Okay, we don't know everything, but the way it looks to the community is there's this handle in a chaotic manner and a non thoughtful man that brings in the bring that considers all the possible outcomes. Because now you potentially have her and a lawsuit sitting out there next to Michael Washington's lawsuit, which you've been going on for years now. And now what if they have if they end up for a seventh tape? Where's that where's that money coming from?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't know how much longer you can delay. You you've been on that side of the desk of the NDAs and stuff in this for anyone listening. If they trace you get fired normally, here's your check, here's your two weeks, two months, two years, whatever it is. This is what you're in tel We'll give you this in exchange for this check. Here's this check. Uh, and now you just lost your job. You don't have the future holds. You're probably scared to death. That's they've got you in a vulnerable position, which is terrible from a negotiation standpoint. But isn't this like just like a contract negotiation, the NDA period where you know, if you sign this, we'll give you your your two week severance right now. Don't sign the check that you can negotiate all that, can't you?
Speaker 6: Sometimes, so an NDA is most often you so that you don't disclose company secrets. I'm going from one company to a competitor, And sometimes there will be like a non compete which says you can't work in this market for six months or you can't work with people who are direct competitors for twelve months. So that's general, there's a non compete, But then there's also a lot of times an NDA, which means you're not going to run over to even if you don't go work for a competitor, you're not going to call them up and say, hey, I got a bunch of company secrets here I'm going to share with you. So those are to me especially if NDA is very reasonable, now when and quus it?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 6: Again, I'm not an attorney. This is just based on you know, go to what I've seen. When you say, when you say so, then they'll they'll look at if I said no non compete for two years? Does that interfere with your ability to make a living? And in a lot of cases it does.
Speaker 7: Two years is too long.
Speaker 6: So NDA they had in it a non dis paragement clause which says you will not speak ill of this company. And a lot of big companies, a lot of women back when all this me too stuff was going on was really coming out, they got big payouts and they find an NDA they would not dispair it.
Speaker 2: But it's a big payout. The question is how big a payout, meaning how much money are the taxpayer is going to have to foot the bill for this malfeasance and incompetence.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I don't I think it could have been handled better. But I also say that because I also am always very careful because we don't know the whole story from from we don't know everything. We can only take.
Speaker 3: Which put out.
Speaker 6: But then again the other time, that is if you're out there, if you're a manager. You have to so carefully manage what you put out, what you say. Everybody has to be on the same page, and you have to anticipate all these things and be ready for you. If not, you just have a dumpster fire.
Speaker 2: I'll leave it at that. The problem is politics, and of course you know, people just continue to vote blue in Hamblin County and get what they get, and the same people complain about the people who voted red. And we had protests down at the riverfront this weekend over, but turn that mirror around. How much of the parallels, how much stuff you bitching about Trump is a to have pure vault doing. There's there's there's the ven diagram, there's some carryover. Julie Balkie, Julie on the job every Wednesday morning. She's at the Bouki Group b a UK career coach and Consultants b a UK is how you spelled her name, by the barkiegroup dot com. She got a whole team ready to go to work for you. Have a great week. We'll talk next Wednesday. By then we probably still won't have this thing settled. We'll talk about it one more. We'll just read. We'll just rehash us for the next three Wednesdays to decide what they're doing. Fair enough, be well, take care, thank you. Got to get to a news update. It's a Scott Sloan show on the home of the Best Bengals coverage Ring of Honor week in Cincinnati on seven hundred w Do you want to be idiot? Hi's Scott's flowing on seven hundred WLWN streaming on the iHeartRadio ADNEC. Sure you take us through the dow where you are there, We got you, We got you all right, Fiji talk. We continue that and that has really overshadowed things for most of the week, at least this early half of the week. But we also have other things going on, trouble brewing here on It's been kind of going on well for the last few days here, starting the last week. Clarmont kind of Republican Dave Young's office is investigating the image of an American flag with the stripes bent to form of swastika. I'm sure you saw the images by now that was caught an Cameron a zoom meeting in this congressional staffer's office. So next to the shutdown, this political scandal is kind of consuming Washington, not just what it's going on in Dave Young's office, but the what almost three thousand pages of eleak chats revealing that the leaders and the Young Republicans traded a bunch of pretty horrific words and statements which they thought would never make the eye of pub the light of public eye, seeing the light, so to speak. It was in chambers, and it was in a chat group, and yet we've seen stuff like this leak out before. The problem is, again, just if you're you know, don't like the GOP, you don't like Republicans, you don't like Trump, this just gives you more ammo to hate on them, and you wonder what the reaction is is this whole thing. You've got some of these GOP Young GOP chapters disbanding within hours because of this. And I know the Vice President Jade Vance brushed it off as kids being edgy, but there's some bipartisan outrage out there, and when you have bipartisanship in a divided government, that says a lot. Her name is Victoria Churchill. She's a political reporter for dailymail dot Com first broke the key details of this story. She's also writes your young voices. Victoria, welcome, how are you.
Speaker 8: Hi, good morning, Thanks so much to be thank you so much for having me. Great to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: And it's interesting to watch how this is breaking. Republicans across the country are confronting whether to denounce this or deflect it, and we're seeing it kind of break both ways right now, because some are going, well, this is the worst thing ever. Others are going, well, yeah, but the Democrats did this, And the problem for Republicans is it just gives more ammo to Democrats who say, well, this is what you wind up voting for. It's all white supremacy.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, I just want to start off by saying the political rhetoric needs to be toned down on both sides of the aisle.
Speaker 2: I think that's something.
Speaker 8: We're seeing, and you know, especially after the assassination and you know, of course, let's call it what it is, assassination of Charlie.
Speaker 2: Kirk the last month. Yeah, we need.
Speaker 8: To tone down the rhetoric. However, I do want to point out a key differences between the general factors of the picular office, so you know, the young Republicans and just to be clear for your audience. Young Republicans are between the ages of eighteen and forty, so you know, I know, Vice President of Fans tried to brush them off as college kids. These are not college kids, at least not most of them. Most of them have jobs. Some of them pull elected office, others serve as very secret positions or other elective members or you know, I guess it's before they were fired resigned. However, you want to frame that they are no longer than the position. And I think that's the very key part of this is because when we compare this as the Vice President did, which you know, I think is more or less a fair comparison. Comparing this to the j Jones tex scandal that we're dealing with in Virginia. I love in Virginia. I cover some Virginia politics. Of course. That was the Democrat candidate for attorney general. He had some text messages revealed that he, you know, wish death not only on his opponent Ben Todds, Speaker or then House Speaker Todd Gilbert, the Republican Speaker of the House in a couple of years ago in Virginia, but also on his children, which you know, to me, that's even more disgusting if you can even agree that kind of thing. But you know, again, j Jones is still running for office, and he's been backed up by senior Democrats. But I believe both of our US senators in Virginia, Kim Kaine, Mark Warner, they're really egging him on. They're saying, yeah, the text are bad, but they still want this man to hold elected office. On the Republican side, Republicans have come out and said, these people are not representative of our party, deserve a place in leadership, if the thing at all, because a lot of the times, the young Republican chasters, like I said, you know, a lot of them hold elected office or work for elected officials, but even more of them. You know, it's supposed to be kind of a talent pipeline for Republican leaders of Publican candidates all over the country. Really, and you know, I think that that's part of why the story is so big, is that you have dangerous ideologies on both sides. That of course, I'm all for free speech, right, but you know, I think in a free speech situation, this is actually better because people can speak, really, and then people can judge these individuals that say things that you know, I personally find morally reprehensible, abhorrent all those things.
Speaker 2: Right, I think, and I think, you know jd Vance is he's right about one thing he says, I refuse to join the pro clutching when powerful people call for political violence. You know, the what about ism as you mentioned in politics, that what about as it means once that always downplays what they're sick of fans do as they rail against their enemies. When they do it, you know, on the left, embracing anti Semitism for example, or Kirk's assassination, how is this any different? And so I think when that happens on both sides, as you mentioned, I think the rest of the electorate, most of us go, well, if you're not going to change it, we can't change it either. And it's just the latest insult I suppose to our sensibilities and tolerances, and we're I don't see it getting better. I just see this being more the same.
Speaker 8: Well, you know again, I think sunlight is the best disinfected. I think the only way to get what I consider to be bad ideas out is to talk about them, and is to have conversations, you know, publicized and again, views that I think should not really have grounding in our political rhetoric today. The only way to get them out is to have these conversations. Now kind of on the flip side. Actually, some of my reporting that I did on the text method scandal was that, at least by the evidence that I've seen and that my colleagues put into that story, these texts were actually coerced and so, you know, there may have been some very shady kind of back room feeling. You know, one of the individuals, he has come out with an illegal off of David which is available. You know that he was basically coerced into releasing these text messages. And you know, again I think that's the other side of it, which we should also talk about, is that doing it is one thing, which again I denounced wholeheartedly, but coercing somebody to get that information out is so in my view not Okay, Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: Is one may ask, well, how did all this I mean, it's been over for a few years. Here you're talking twenty eight thousand messages. Wow, months, I guess they show twenty thousand message over seven months. That's a lot of information get dumped and all of a sudden somebody turns and says, hey, we've got all this stuff. That feels like the reason why someone would say this is because either they are outed or discovered, or someone had some information since and knew this was going on and basically wanted to expose in blackmail them in a way. Is that kind of what you're talking about.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Again, that's the evidence that I've seen leads me to have that conclusion. Again, that legal Affidavid as well as you have some conversations I've had to have disease. Obviously, don't want to out anybody on there, you know, because I was able to kind of you know, conceal their identities for the purposes of the story and my reporting. But yeah, you know, it does really seem to me, like you know, of course the people that said it are are horrible in doing that. But again, I think the blackmail that led to the release of these text messages, and that you know, in our digging, we found out that actually these text messages got out in August and there was effort within the GOP to you know, stem, if not completely, kind of nullify the release of these because it seems to me, again at least based on my reporting that I've done that it was really a personally motivated attack from one individual to another. One individual described this, you know, kind of as a vendetta that the person who either directly or indirectly you lead these messages was responsible for. And you know, again that kind of raises the question of you know, who do you trust, who do you trust to go out and have conversations with, because you never know when not a person might stab you in the back and release things.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 8: Again, of course I personally think that they should have never been said in the first place. But well, now is also pretty discossed.
Speaker 2: I think, Victoria Church, I think both things can be true. That this could be blackmail, that could be I don't know, maybe a relationship gone wrong and said hey, I got the goods on you and trying to hold someone hostage. That's that's criminal as well. But also that can be true the fact that the twenty thousand messages had a lot of vile things on there when you start talking about you know, calling Generation Z Generation icon and one staff or from a i think New York State and Assembly members chief of staff got fired for saying I love Hitler and then everyone votes know on this particular bill is going to the gas chamber, and there are far worse things in there that I can't repeat. And there's some threads you look at you go, wow, that's that's pretty harsh. But out of those twenty eight thousand, I'll back up a second, because I think that Assembly member, that chief of staff and others are going, well, I'm not even sure I said that. I think it might have been doctored or altered that some of the claims going on. Is that revisionism or is there some possible basis in reality in that it sounds like we're going, No, that didn't really It sounds like my pillow guy kind of talk, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: So I think the fact that he has taken responsibility for that is good. I also know that the way that those messages came out in that original political story is that, you know, I guess when you download a history of messages from telegram, they do not come out, you know, and kind of the way that they were portrayed in the story, or when you look at text messages, you know, between people, and so the actual images that we're in that political article are recreations and you know, I think they've been pretty forward about that. And you know, even an information that's come back since then, allegedly a text message leaks between the reporter that was working on this story and the individual you know again who I believe is responsible for getting this information out. You know, like I said, whether directly or indirectly, those actual images are recreations, and so I don't know it's out of twenty thousand messages if they are direct.
Speaker 3: Recreations, gotcha.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I guess that's probably parsing a little bit, going, well, these aren't the actual well, of course not, because the graphics have to look better, and it's also being condensed for the reader. I mean, you read through twenty eight thousand messages. I'm not sure of all of them rose to the level of what we're talking about here. Probably most of it was pretty boring stuff.
Speaker 8: Yeah, absolutely, And again you know, recreating text messages, it's the context of sital journalism is not in itself nefarious, like we've you know, actually on this geos Tex scandal, we did a follow up story that was told to me by a grassroots group at activin Virginia. They had been out get out the vote. Text message is about the Jjo's tex scandal to what they identified as a universe of soft Democrat voters, and they got death threats to the Republicans back to those Jajones text messages, and we did a story recreitting those responses that they got, so again kind of in itself out as the area and you know, yeah, yeah, we've recreated text messages. They've recreated text messages. It's just that nasty text messages.
Speaker 2: It's all.
Speaker 8: It's all, you know, there's definitely a lot of thinking to be done a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, you're highlighting the juicy parts of the novel, is what you're doing here. You're not you're trying to manipulate it or anything like that. You're just trying to cut to the chase, give me the story. Not all twenty eight thousand were bad, but certainly enough of them none to make this into a story. Do you think that the shutdown helps or hurts that the focus the narrative this? I mean, because the shutdown is such a story, does this overshadow what you're reporting here? Or is it the other way around? Because nothing's happening DC that people are paying attention.
Speaker 8: To this well, I will say from my personal bandwidth as a reporter that is typically on Capitol Hill, I've been report on this because I'm not covering day to day goings on on Capitol Hill. So you know, for me personally, I've been able to shift my attention to covering this. I think it is, you know, equally as important because you know, one is the now of our politics. One is the future of our politics or the US in Virginia. You know, ballants that are being cast for these candidates right now, and again see of these individuals that were involved in the Younger lookin Tech scandal, they also are people that serve in positions that are politically important, whether that's in their home states in New York or their places around the country. So, you know, in terms of national media attention, I'm not sure if they would have gotten that much, but in terms of importance, and you know, kind of my background before I became reporter, I actually worked in grass roots and so I've personally always been of the mindset that what happens in grassroots is very important for the future of our nation, for the future of our country, and for the future of both political parties, and so in my reporting, I actually have a tendency to share those grassroots stories and not many other reporters, particularly in DC, and you even actually think is worth paying attention to. Sure And you know, again, just just another quick note on that. Actually this political story was done by two reporters out of New York. So that's another insting fidbit that I kind of found, is that, you know, it also concerns a lot of things in DC nationally. But the reporter that kind of interacted with this individual, who you know again I believe is the alleged leaker, They are a New York political reporter. And then the secondary reporter that was on that story is the head of all of politicals covering port in Euroa gotch out. You know again, I think those reporters may have, you know, because they're not necessarily DP reporters, that story would have probably still come out, is at least my view.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Victoria Churchill political report for Daily Mail. They broke key details of the story. She also is a Young Voice contributor. During the show this morning about the text message scandal, Chris's conspective Claremont County Republican Dave Young's office where there's a swastika, an American flag with a stripture bet to form of swastka behind this end. The vigil caught on camera and that's in a staffer's office and he said, well, we're gonna investigate this and find out what's really going on, which tells me this is more. Let let's see which way the wind blows politically speaking, because that's how politics works. Victoria, looking forward, do you think the scandal is going to lead to change? And how maybe not the GOEP, but the Dems too, because it's not like there their poop doesn't stink in this either, not with this case, but on others is this Are we just going to get more of the same. I don't really feel like people are outraged over this.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, that's a good question. I started off the segment talking about how the rhetoric needs to be turned down on both sides. Well people actually do that, you know. I think that's a big question that remains to be seen. And you know, for me as a reporter, I'm very interested in reporting on the feature of this because again, a lot of these this runtors that I've seen, you know, again, even particulately about Jay Jones and not condemning him. I think as outwardly as some Democrats could have been should have been my personal view. I think to me that means that they learn nothing from the Charlie right, yeah, or the you.
Speaker 2: Know, anti Semitism with what's happening in the Middle East, and it's just you know that this is the latest scandal. Tomorrow maybe another Republican or or it might be a Democrat that's caught up in something, and you know, saying this is part of the edge lord culture. I understand that, and I wonder if these people really believe that are just doing it to be edgy and a chat group. But again, you've got to be smarter than putting your words down and telegram or whatever the the app of the platform is, because if somebody sees that a later date, well you're going to have what's going on right here, Victoria, all the best. Thanks for joining the show. I appreciate it. Thank you, hop Yeah, the conversations you had were in defense when I understand that there's well it's online. You know, people are hiding by the keyboard. They never expected these things to But I'm sorry if you're calling yourself a future leader of America party being that stupid that and putting those words down. Even if you are j k they're going to turn that around and running out of town as well. They should. It's more of the stupidity is what it is, than anything, and also just the the nature of the conversations themselves are not only cringey, but extremely extremely wrong. For that matter, for anyone who professes their love of country, I want to lead this nation, even if they were just kidding. You're less than five minutes away from a full news update traffic, weather, and the very latest from here and around the world, of course, and then we we sat after that because our good friend Sarah les is in midweek sports. The Snort Reports is just ahead on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, how about Dave your producer giving you a hard time?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you're.
Speaker 9: Just trying to get around here without the boot and the scooter and the whole thing.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's almost I'm happy, it's all most noon. I'm happy. It's almost time to leave.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's almost time for me to get out of here. I got cyclones, media, I got the jersey on and everything.
Speaker 2: Like some sort of lace collar. You look like if Judge Judy were going to a hockey game.
Speaker 7: I gotta make it a little sexy, a little lacey with my jersey today.
Speaker 2: You don't have a cut down the middle.
Speaker 7: You're disgusting.
Speaker 9: Do that around here. I can't do that around here. I can't look cute. You guys are all creeps.
Speaker 7: I'm covered up all the time. It's a bunch of weirdos around here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do have a lot of creepture.
Speaker 7: I show no skin.
Speaker 9: I dress like a nun. Okay, I do I look like a nun around here? First of all, it's freezing.
Speaker 2: Instagram, it looks like she looks like it's it's only fans she comes in here. She's dressed like she's I don't Muslim or something like that. Got she got his job on. It's it's under.
Speaker 9: All you see every day are just my eyes.
Speaker 2: Share is here. It's a snort report on seven hundred ww we're already three snorts in. We haven't done anything yet. This is fair.
Speaker 7: It's one of those days.
Speaker 2: Love it. I love it.
Speaker 9: Someone that we are seeing in about in Cincinnati Joe Flacco about the flack flack around what's he doing. Are we on the flack flat around and find out flack around and find.
Speaker 2: Out better get Flacco?
Speaker 7: I mean, the possibilities are endless. How do we filled off? I mean, do you have the Flacco fever?
Speaker 2: Because we optimistic, it takes a while for the fever to catch on. Let's let's get a track the fever.
Speaker 7: I got the fever one win and I'm in.
Speaker 2: All right, you got the fever for the flavor of a crowd pleaser. I get it now. On that regard, I know you can drop beats like that.
Speaker 7: He's been out and about. People have been running into him.
Speaker 9: Okay, grabbing coffee at her foods, he said, selfie.
Speaker 2: I love the fact that they got the Jets this week.
Speaker 7: I love that the worst team in the league.
Speaker 2: Oh and seven careful because they were close a few times. And and I will say this, I'm not worried about the Jets. Seven. Teams are a little desperate. It's awfully tough to go winless in the National Football League.
Speaker 9: And they are desperate enough to take out their quarterback Justin Fields.
Speaker 7: Yes, looks like we're gonna be getting Tyrod Taylor.
Speaker 2: Ty Tyrod Taylor is still alive. Breaking news.
Speaker 9: He is Tyro Sale and another older gentleman bowl Icy Hunt.
Speaker 2: He was terrible with the Bills. That was years ago.
Speaker 7: And well he's just a little bit younger than me. So hold on a second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so fifty.
Speaker 7: Oh stop, that's you Tyrod Taylor.
Speaker 9: The Jets are expected to start him this weekend because Jets owner Woody Johnson said, Hey, offense and clicking, it takes seven games to figure it out.
Speaker 2: So get a guy older than Joe Flacco. This is two weeks in a row he's played someone older.
Speaker 7: Joe's like, bring him on.
Speaker 2: Incredible.
Speaker 9: Has Joe Flacco gone up against Tyrod Taylor before?
Speaker 7: Has he played with them?
Speaker 2: Had to?
Speaker 9: Joe's been on so many teams that I'm assuming that he's probably played with and played against him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm just gonna say, yes, it's happened.
Speaker 2: And he'll get and he'll look like Tyrod Taylor is the reason why he's not the reason why he's tied back up. It's like, Okay, I'll do this next week. It's gonna be fitzy, but.
Speaker 7: Hey, desperate times.
Speaker 9: Speaking of Joe Flacco, was on the Fits in Wit podcast.
Speaker 7: Okay and Joe goes.
Speaker 9: I know I'm forty years old, but the first couple of times I threw to Jamar and T I was.
Speaker 7: A little nervous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 9: I guess Joe was a little a little intimidated by the best receivers in the league.
Speaker 2: It's amazing what you can do when you have tools, right.
Speaker 9: It's amazing when you've got those weapons out there and you can actually get.
Speaker 7: The ball to them.
Speaker 2: Come out. And again, I don't want to throw shade. It's what he did last week was fantastic.
Speaker 7: They looked great, right, it was almost a flawless for months.
Speaker 2: Let's just keep it going. Let's see, you got the Jets. I think that's a good gold be careful because and then he got the Bear trap a couple of trap games. You just gotta win each week now.
Speaker 9: And then you got the Bears again here at Pegor Stadium.
Speaker 7: But hey, the Bears are not bad.
Speaker 2: Down with Joe Flacco, that's the guy we need, right the flo fever a fever. But I after let's see two three games, let's see what's going on here.
Speaker 9: When win this weekend, beat the Bears, be and then you got your bye week, and then you're.
Speaker 7: On the road at this slit.
Speaker 2: All your divisions split the Vision opponents right, maybe they lose to Pittsburgh, Okay, fine, Baltimore cleve Okay.
Speaker 9: He got two with Baltimore, right, And Lamar Jackson is coming back this weekend after his injury.
Speaker 2: So we'll see. But again, that puts you in good shape. You gotta get the nine wins. I think they're like, I agree, there nine ten wins you're in.
Speaker 9: Don't count about and I don't think you can count the Ravens out yet either.
Speaker 7: Still plenty of football.
Speaker 2: You'll look at Casey coming back from the dead, right, anyone can come back, anyone can come back, anyone.
Speaker 7: I'm glad that Tony Pike is back.
Speaker 2: Tony Pike is back, and graduate welcome back, Tony.
Speaker 7: It really is you just never know what's going to happen around here.
Speaker 2: If you have no idea, people come, people go, they come back. No one knows what's going on here. It's like aftabs run on this place.
Speaker 7: It's so accurate. Speaking of coming back.
Speaker 9: Aside from Tony Bike, we're gonna find out today at practice if Trey Hundrickson will be joining the team on Sunday. We know he was out last Thursday dealing with the bad back hip thing. So Zach Taylor during his press conference the other day said he's day to day. I'll let you know on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Too much pressure on Shamara to hold that whole thing together because he's hadn't played.
Speaker 9: But yeah, he went out Week two and then he was there against the Steelers injury. You saw Logan Wilson come back out for a little bit. What do you think about that drama? We talked a little bit about that.
Speaker 2: Logan Wi.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if all the guys that you're going to bench, I don't know why Logan Wilson make an example of him. I he's one of your captains. I guess is happy.
Speaker 7: Zach wasn't happy with what he was saying.
Speaker 2: And there's other guys I look at.
Speaker 9: Going Then he put the rookie out there CTB.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about CTB?
Speaker 9: Speaking of coming back, Joe Burrow, remember that guy?
Speaker 2: Huh who?
Speaker 7: Yeah, just another Joe.
Speaker 9: According to Ian Rappaport, he's saying Joe could come back from that turf toe injury in the last few weeks of that season.
Speaker 7: This is just what.
Speaker 9: I know, because getting everyone's hopes up, and I think that there were people thinking like, all right, I know that he is expected to be back mid December, but what are the exact details with this stuff? So it could be uh December twenty first when they go to Miami to face the dolphin.
Speaker 2: I just think he's at soft myself. I mean I went and had, you know, walking around that Joe Burrows soft peer a peer a paranal tendon tear, and I just had my I just got my boot off yesterday, Oh my gosh. And I'm not walking around doing nic stuff. I'm going to get a line.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you don't have an O line around you.
Speaker 2: You fall to the ground, standing on ladders, plumbing, electrical painting, all that stuff. I'm out there getting it done. Not all heroes older than Joe. So I'm just not saying.
Speaker 9: I'm just saying it is funny to me that the younger guys are the ones on the sidelines right.
Speaker 2: Now to.
Speaker 7: Completely with toes and what your tendon thing.
Speaker 9: And then you got the old guys out there playing again exactly.
Speaker 2: Old guys are tougher Tyron and Joe. It's like old refrigerators. They don't make them like they used to. They break too often. Oh my goodness, Joe Flacco is a frigid air from the fifties.
Speaker 7: I like Joe Flacco, and I think he's telling me he leans into.
Speaker 9: The older guy thing, which again I'm only a few years younger than just talking about it.
Speaker 2: He's a little frigid. Frigid or refrigerators what it is? Not the cheap new ones where they break every three.
Speaker 7: No, it's the kind that you see in someone's garage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the rounded front on it.
Speaker 9: And it's been there since literally the sixties. Yeah, and it's got like the bangel bites in there and the window.
Speaker 7: Keep that thing.
Speaker 2: But the thing is a tank. It's never gone, but.
Speaker 9: It'll never die. It'll never die, and you can always rely on it. And just when you think it's gonna die, it comes back and everything's perfect.
Speaker 2: Well, like seventy eight Buicks versus The's Teslas.
Speaker 9: Aside from all of that, did you know that Michael Jordan grew up as a Bengals fan?
Speaker 2: The Goat Michael Jordan, Michael.
Speaker 9: Jordan, Chris Collins word was on the Up and Adams podcast with our girl Kay Adams and it was brought up that he was at an event. I guess Chris was on an event with Michael Jordan and he was talking about he goes, yeah, grew up as a Bengals fan. I'm not sure if he's still cheered on the Bengals in my in my head, I'm going to say, yeah, Michael Jordan is cheering on Joe Flacco and the Bengals every sun.
Speaker 2: I guess he would have came up with the Super Bowl USh Bengals, so maybe he got on the bandwagon. Really are a really good team at that playing Carolina. I'm like, I just wow, I don't know how you get to be a Bengal fan.
Speaker 9: Maybe a Bengals bandwagon because he was in Carolina, so yeah, yeah. I was like, Okay, this is what Chris Collinsworth told Kay Adams the other day and it was trending on social media.
Speaker 7: So I am bringing that teasally.
Speaker 2: Like Taylor Swift with Casey, is he come at all the games? I don't receive Michael Jordan instincy.
Speaker 9: You don't see Taylor Swift on the telecasts anymore.
Speaker 7: Notice how they haven't shown her.
Speaker 5: She's kind of busy, isn't she she's still at his games though, all right, but she said she wants to be hidden.
Speaker 9: So now when she walks in, they've got these walls that they post up for and she walks behind them and nobody can see her, and they no longer show her on the broadcast.
Speaker 2: The whole thing. Okay, it is a whole thing. Imagine Juice is like a CBS Nixney, No go, don't chooke Taylor and.
Speaker 7: The Chiefs are starting to chief again. I knew they would.
Speaker 2: You'll see her back again.
Speaker 7: Didn't count anybody out at this point.
Speaker 2: What else you got there, snorty.
Speaker 9: We've got soccer play offs here right around the corner on Monday night. It's going to be the Columbus Crew versus FC Cincinnati six forty five kick for that one.
Speaker 7: So they'll do a best of three.
Speaker 9: They'll play Wednesday, and then FCC will go to Columbus to play the Crew, and then if they need a game three, they'll.
Speaker 2: Come back back here. And since yeah, so FCC.
Speaker 9: Had more points than the Crew and that's why they'll start here, all rightfully, they can just go to and O and get to the next round.
Speaker 2: That was my question as a fan girl, would you rather see them go win here, lose there.
Speaker 7: No, just get it done. I hate it.
Speaker 9: It's like, let's not wait till the very last game. We see that happen way too often with our Cincinnati teams. Ready tie, a little time to rest up to exactly exactly, I believe they can go all the way.
Speaker 5: Do you?
Speaker 9: I always believe the exactly I want to believe that with our Reds FCC Bengals.
Speaker 7: I mean, okay, can't count anybody out.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Like I said, we got our Cincinnati Cyclones back on home ice.
Speaker 7: That's on Friday night.
Speaker 9: It's Peanuts, so they're going to be wearing the specialty jerseys.
Speaker 2: They're mister Peanut with a monocle with peut moncle on the top, had.
Speaker 7: The Snoopy Peanuts Peanut. It's five to one, three nights.
Speaker 9: They've got five dollars Seltzers, craft Beers, one dollar popcorns, three dollars burgers, all kinds of good stuff going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's promotion seasons what it is.
Speaker 9: And I do want to promote my new show. I have my own time podcast. I know I've got my own time.
Speaker 2: What do you think you are? Adams? No, Wednesday. Adams, which what Adams? Are you? President Adams?
Speaker 7: Unfortunately none of the above.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I've got my own time slot on EBA now ten am to three pm every single Sunday. So I'll be cut short this weekend because of the Bengals. Don't we carry all of those? But y'all take your right into kickoff now?
Speaker 2: Actually live? Are you on tape?
Speaker 5: It is live because you know how we don't like to record things. We don't record anything killed if you do. Oh, and we're going to recognize lap at the game this weekend. Sure, we cannot forget about that. It's the Ring of Honor game on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think about the cyclones about Sorry, I'm all over the place, steal.
Speaker 7: I've had to Alanis.
Speaker 9: Today to coffees y Ring of Honor, Ring of Honor game on Sunday. Do not forget about that.
Speaker 2: Deserves it for sure. I thought you I thought he should have been in the first class question. Oh yeah, between fifty years right Fronfield and being the voice of the bank. Mister Bengal is like that's the franchise, right, yeah.
Speaker 7: Ten years playing forty years on a mic.
Speaker 2: He's like, knucks all the knucks all of the Bengals is.
Speaker 9: He's truly incredible, So he deserves all of the recognition.
Speaker 7: You're going to be there and make sure to show him a lot of love.
Speaker 9: I think you should now still go from the booth to the field and then back up to the booth with Dan.
Speaker 2: When he and I guess they speak a little bit and say, you know, so when he's speaking, I guess they're going to bring Dan Horde to talk over the top of him.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, I knew you were going to put some joke in there.
Speaker 7: You're just so joky today.
Speaker 2: What about yourself? I love laugh thought he's awesome.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's great.
Speaker 9: So there's a lot going on over the next few days here in Cincinnati. So just be safe and behave like Teresa Thigisa.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, behave, be safe now. I noticed the new the season's clones jerseys there. Actually they have kavlarn them in case you're down on Fountain Square. You never know.
Speaker 5: Just behave.
Speaker 2: She's Sarah Elise, it's the Snort Report. She's exhausted. I am all the women around me just exhausted. I'm just tired of you.
Speaker 7: What's the denomination here?
Speaker 2: You just exhaust me, all right, appreciate you. Thanks again. Snort report Sarah lease Over on one of two seven e b N Scott Sloan with Bill Cunningham show coming up right afternoons here on the home of the best Bengals coverage, in the home of.
Speaker 7: Dave Lapham and the home of Joe Flacco.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Seven hundred W al W