Speaker 1: One on one point three kd WB and it's another chilly morning. But I told the girl Chloe over at the Cariboo cabin this morning, I said, you know, it's all relative by this time in February. In February, this will feel warm. It's like, oh man, it's thirty two degrees outside.
Speaker 2: What's annoying to me is that, yeah, it's thirty two degrees. But the little like feels like is always like twenty. Why does it feel like twenty right now? When maybe, oh I hate it?
Speaker 1: Why your dress is a lumber jacket, A bailey, You look good? This is very did it's no, it's it's quilted. Yeah, it's almost like a jacket. It's like a red lumber jackie kind of a thing. There they called us a shacket. Are you being serious? Don't call us a jacket. I've never heard that.
Speaker 3: Jes can believe you though.
Speaker 1: Also going to give a shout out to Charles, who is nine years old to day. Have a great day at school, Charles from your mom. And thanks for all the people who suggested different apps to learn a foreign language, because I tried Babbel. I didn't like babel, babbyl and I didn't really get along, so thank you for that. I appreciate that we are uh, you know, I'm so used to doing that. Damn, Sabrina Carpenter keyword. It's been programmed into my little pea brain. I feel like, and now here's your next keyword. And we're done with that. But it is pick your ticket Tuesday. We got great tickets for you coming up at seven thirty five this morning. We're gonna play a little game we call lyric Shuffle Me versus vont hosted by Jenny.
Speaker 4: Let's go very simple. I'm gonna generate a random word. You have five seconds to sing a song with that word. Edit Dave one first, I think last week, so we'll have onco first today.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Look David, thank you, good luck.
Speaker 3: Carrie.
Speaker 5: Oh I hope you know I will carry you home.
Speaker 1: That's Alex Warren.
Speaker 4: Oh, I know, wow, very good job. All right, vont Is on the board. Thank you up next, Dave, here's your word?
Speaker 1: Move Come on? Why wow? Is this a song? Move your body right next to mine Field? Or did I just hear that on the TV show somewhere? I mean, if it's a TV show, so it works. Look at that. Move your body right next to mine. Feel the beat. We're lost in times. It's a real one. Yeah, it fro a TV show? Who is it?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Feel the beat it's from It's from a Disney Channel show.
Speaker 1: Job come on baby? Ooh you guys we had move along or move That's the one I was trying to think of. I kept thinking lose yourself because it's kind of the same kind of screaming, kind of scream like lose yourself, move bitch.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, I got the seal with a random Disney Channel song at spot and we're back to vaunt right now.
Speaker 3: On round two, Find.
Speaker 1: We Love, We give up. That's Daniel Caesar. We fall down.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know it, but I take your word.
Speaker 1: I can hear it. I came up with an older you better find somebody love you better line line somebody.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, Dave, you cannot steal it. But I like that we could hear what one you were thinking of.
Speaker 3: Thank you, This is for you. Dave up.
Speaker 1: You bring me up. Uh oh, you bring me up to the highest cloud. Thompson twins.
Speaker 4: Okay, Dave's finally on the board with a random song bymps you.
Speaker 1: I have a vast vocabulary of songs. What decade is that? From your mom? Victorious sing a Victorious song? And I knew it was like I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: Okay, David has finally got one, and now we're onto round three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right now, this is for Vaunt games.
Speaker 1: Games you full play, you take it or you leave it, and and and good job, thank you.
Speaker 3: Just give me a little dig there, okay, quit playing games with my heart.
Speaker 1: Oh god, much better, much better.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, Dave got a point on that steal. And now this is for Dave.
Speaker 1: Around. I get around round hard, I get around. Yeah, get her around around, I get her around. Thank you, Bailey, thank you.
Speaker 3: All right, it's tied up to.
Speaker 4: Got the first three, Dave's gotten the last three, and now we're on a round for yes, yes, all right.
Speaker 3: This word goes to vont first.
Speaker 1: Here you go, Dave, Dame for the back.
Speaker 3: Dead.
Speaker 5: Oh I've been traveling down this road too long, trying to find a way back home.
Speaker 1: O me is dead and gone.
Speaker 2: Right. I'm always surprised, and like pleasantly surprised when Vaughan starts to sing a song and the word that you give is way in the lyrics.
Speaker 1: If it's not in the title, I don't know it.
Speaker 4: No, I mean I like it because then I actually know what the song is a lot of time. So okay, Dave, you gotta get this one. And then we'll go to a tiebreaker.
Speaker 1: Okay, again, again and again and again, Kelly Clarkson, thank.
Speaker 4: You, Okay, all right, all right, I like it, I mean again and.
Speaker 1: Again, breaker breaker, tiebreaker, David fucking.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're just gonna chime in as soon as you know.
Speaker 1: A song, Okay, anybody's name, got it?
Speaker 3: Music?
Speaker 1: Music makes you lose. Wow, cong I was the Packers, you were the Eagles, you won, So congratulations. We'll be right back on, Katie WB War the Roses they can't miss version of War of the Roses involving an idea he has to eat sushi off of her naked body. She said no, but she thinks that he did it with somebody else. Is that cheating? And did he even do it with somebody else? We'll get to the bottom of everything coming right, hey, before we get into War of the Roses, which we will in a minute. We're fifteen minutes away from pick your ticket Tuesday. So this is not a good part of the show to say bye bye, So you're gonna miss War of the Roses and pick your ticket Tuesday. As want you a little plug for Dave's UK Lately Club meeting tonight here at the radio station and all the details and it's open to anybody. You don't have too you don't have to do anything to show up. The details are on Dave ryanshow dot com under the Dave tab. And it helps if you know like the four basic ukulele chords. If you don't, if you've never played one before and you've got one in your closet you got for Christmas, bring it along. We'll teach a little bit. It's not gonna be a teaching session, really, we're just gonna jam out. Bailey can't make it tonight, No, Bailey usually comes. Bailey knows like three and a half chords. I truly do know three and a half chords, and that's it.
Speaker 2: But then when you know three and a half chords, when you look at the music, you just play the chords you know and then you skip the otherwise.
Speaker 1: That's what I do. So if you played a lot and you're really good man, you shred great. Come along if you're new at it, if you played before and you never just it's a fun, indoor, cold weather kind of a pastime. Yeah, and we're doing it tonight. We'll meet about six thirty here at the radio station and I'll show you around the studio. I'll show you around a little bit and we'll have some fun. We'll get some pictures, we'll play some music, and all the details, including directions and what to bring, are on Dave ryanshow dot com under the Dave tab. Let's get into War of the Roses brand new sushi on the Body episode right now on katiewb.
Speaker 2: It's an advice your subcile company would never offer you free flowers for a survey.
Speaker 1: It's War of the Roses on KATIEWB. You know, I think the cliche giveaway in War of the Roses or any cheating thing is a receipt. And it used to be a hotel receipt, Like, oh, I found a receipt for flowers. I found a receipt for a hotel. This is another kind of a receipt, but still just as incriminating. But I'm gonna let Zoe tell you the story. On today's War of the roses. Then we'll find out whether he has really seen somebody else. Zoe. Let's start at the beginning. You're seeing in a guy named Clark, right, Yeah.
Speaker 7: So Clark's my boyfriend and he's brought up this fantasy kind of a lot recently, and it's a little weird. It's he like, wants to eat sushi off of my bare body?
Speaker 1: Okay, where did he? Where did Clark come up with this idea?
Speaker 7: I don't know. I don't know if he's been watching Sex in the City.
Speaker 1: But like that on Sex the Sex the City.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they did that off of Samantha's body. They ate sushi off of her.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so it must be that. It must be. Okay, so he wants to and what did you say?
Speaker 7: Well, I was like, I mean, we like joke about it, but bottom line, I'm always like, no, I actually don't want to do that, Like I'll do a lot of things for you, but I don't like, I don't want to smell like fish. I don't want to get fish eggs and any cracks like.
Speaker 1: I just got and cracks? Is that what she said? Fish eves and cracks? Okay, I get it, Okay, all right, so you say no, Yeah, but he keeps bringing it up.
Speaker 7: He doesn't keep bringing it up, and I've always like cleaned it off. I haven't thought too deeply about it because I don't really want to. But about a week ago I found, like I was just going through his coat pockets and I found a receipt for Misono's sushi and it was for one hundred and six dollars versus Nigerian sashimi.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a lot of fish. That's a lot. That's a lot of fish. Now, just in case you don't do sushi. I think that probably for one person, maybe twenty eight to thirty five dollars. Yeah, you know, for a couple of rolls. Yeah, so he's got one hundred and six dollars worth of not rolls. What did you say, Nigerian shashimi.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's just like pure protein.
Speaker 1: Okay, So one sits on rice and one is just like just fish fish, just a slab of raw fish. Okay. Can I ask you a question though? You found this receipt going through his coat pocket.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I do it like once a month. I'll just kind of go through his coat pocket.
Speaker 1: Who does that? Why do you do? Why? Do you go through his coat pocket?
Speaker 7: You know what? It feels like a lighter version of going through a phone. It's ok, I trust to you. But I'm just gonna like just like keep an eye out, you.
Speaker 1: Know, in case if you found gum or mentos or tic TACs in there, would that make you suspicious? No? No, okay. But but the receipt for one hundred and six dollars, that's a lot of sushi. So your mind is kind of going where our mind is going. What did you What did you do? Then?
Speaker 7: Well? I asked him, I was like, did you just eat the sushi all by yourself?
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't know who would eat that much sushi by themselves would turn into a freaking eel okay, And he said he just ate it on his own.
Speaker 1: But nobody can eat I don't think unless that's a lot, I mean serious, and especially if it's Nigerian shashimi. That's just pure fish.
Speaker 3: Not like you're gonna save that for leftover. You're no. If you eat that as leftover.
Speaker 1: It turns gray.
Speaker 6: So weird.
Speaker 1: Is there anybody in mind that you would think that he would, like, you know, talk into doing the sushi thing?
Speaker 7: Well, I was thinking about it because I'm like, this is just too suspicious. And he has this work friend named Caitlin that I've just always kind of gotten like a weird vibe from, and he kind of like talks about her a little too much, and like she seems like a girl that would happen to the sushi venture. Like, I don't know what it is about her, but I feel like, if you're going to do it, it would be with her.
Speaker 1: Okay, Caitlin definitely seems like the sushi on the bare body kind of a girl, the fish eggs and the crack.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, she's just yeah, I'm full overzealous. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I'll tell you what we can do. We you know, it's it's ninety four percent accurate. When we call somebody and we ask them who they want to send roses to? And I made that number up. But we can call him and say, hey, you know, we're gonna give you a survey. As a reward for your survey, you win a dozen romantic roses. Who do you want to send him to? And he should send them to you, Zoe. I mean it sounds like, do you guys live together? Yeah, okay, well there's really no question. Yeah, yea, all right, So we will call him in a second. You can listen in as we call and see who he wants to send. None of everyone deserves closure, but we do.
Speaker 3: Is Cimber part two of War of the Roses.
Speaker 1: On Katie WB the sushi episode of War of the Roses. So if you miss part one, I'll give you a little recap. Basically, she's got a boyfriend and he's like, you know what would be hot is like, I'd like to eat sushi off your naked body, which I mean I don't know, I'd probably rather not, but okay, So to each his own, She's like, now that's gross. I'm not going to do that. So he's like, he brings it up once in a while. So now she thinks that he's done it with somebody else. Why because she found a receipt Where was she digging around? Does a pocket coat pocket? Found a receipt And she said something like, well, of course, I go through his coat pocket. That's another topic altogether. And she found a receipt for like one hundred and fifteen dollars worth of sushi something like that. What who nobody can eat that much sushi a lot. So she thinks that he was with some girl at work who seems like, I think, in her words, the kind of girl who would do something like that. Well, let's find out and they're going to discuss whether that's actually cheating or just what friends? Do you know, like if wanted to eat sushi off my body? It's just a couple of bros hanging out right, Listen, Susan should not feel any type of way, No, not at all. So just slow, like just real slow, like is he that super? Just make the phone call kat w B.
Speaker 4: Clark, Thanks for doing that with me today. We do have a dozen roses that we're going to send out on your behalf. So we're gonna get those out probably by like the end of the week. But what will need for you first is the name of the person that you'd like us to deliver the roses to.
Speaker 1: Zode Oh e why.
Speaker 3: Okay? Got it? It's simple enough.
Speaker 1: Well, this is good news.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is good news.
Speaker 1: It's good news. You were just put to a little test. Clark. Do you ever hear of Katie w V radio?
Speaker 6: You know when I didn't have to give you my card into.
Speaker 1: It's it's a it's a trap, it's a it's a bit that we do a couple of times a week because there's so many people that wonder if their partner is being truthful to them. And so we got a phone call from your girlfriend Zoe, and she wanted to know whether you would send roses to her or to someone else. And you pass the test. You send them without hesitation to send to Zoe. And you sounded like very sincere enthusiastic about that, which is good news because listening on the phone right now is your girlfriend Zoe. Hi, Zoe say, Hi, Well, hey Clark, tell Clark what you told us about why you were suspicious.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm still a little suspicious because I found that Sushie received in your pocket, and you've been talking a lot lately about your fantasy to eat Sushie offered me naked body, and it just seems like a coincidence, and I just want to know the truth.
Speaker 1: I mean, eat a lot, you know that.
Speaker 7: That much?
Speaker 1: That is a lot a lot to sushi.
Speaker 7: Come on, Clark, like this is super suspicious. Just like, just tell me the truth. You never lie to me, Like, just be honest.
Speaker 6: Oh many, Like why are you going through my coat pockets?
Speaker 7: So everyone does that?
Speaker 6: No, no, they don't.
Speaker 1: They I don't do that.
Speaker 7: Let's get back to the point, which is one hundred and six dollars worth of sushi that you supposedly ate on your own. Did that really happen? You really eat all of that by yourself?
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 3: He told me you didn't want to do it.
Speaker 1: You said you can find someone else to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I did.
Speaker 1: And that's all just eating sushi off her.
Speaker 7: I didn't actually, I mean, go find someone else to do that. And you I freaking knew it was Caitlin, Like, how how did that even happen? Did you just like at work one day You're like, hey, like, do you want me to like eat sushi off of you? Like?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What's what?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 7: Was she like on the floor on the table, Like did she have a blaw on?
Speaker 6: Like what?
Speaker 1: Like what she was on the table and she was naked.
Speaker 7: And that's not sexual.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just I mean, it's just the compulsion I have.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 7: I didn't tell you to do that. That was the sarcasm, Like freed my inflection. How how am I supposed to believed that that wasn't sexual.
Speaker 1: That's a good question. I was trying to stay out of this one. But is there any way that they could have done this and had it not be sexual? Not?
Speaker 3: Why about it?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you saw you saw your co worker naked.
Speaker 4: I am not attracted to any of you, acted to any of you. But if I ate sushi off your naked body, there would be something weird going off for me wherever.
Speaker 1: But he sent the flowers to Zoe. Yeah, so still weird.
Speaker 3: I think a boundary was still cross.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I can't really eat it. You know she's wearing clothes, Well you get soy sauce on her shirt, Leslie.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you sent me followers, but like, would you have sent me sushi? Because it sounds like you would have sent it.
Speaker 1: I think the big question here is kind of like there's no way that there's not at least a degree of sexual sensuality, sexuality in the whole thing. It's kind of like, yeah, well we went to the strip club. Well, I mean maybe that's okay, but you're also not watching. You didn't go to your friend's house and have them strip for you. He went over to Caitlin's house or wherever and did the whole sushi thing. So is that cheating? I think because I think it's dis honest, different nothing else.
Speaker 2: If he's telling his girlfriend, hey, I have this fancy I want to eat sushi off of you, and she says no, and he's like, fine, I'll go do it from my coworker.
Speaker 1: But it's not sexual. No, you've already established that it is.
Speaker 3: It's cheating. Yeah, it's cheating sushi on her body.
Speaker 1: Come on, come on, let's ask Yolanda, Joelanda, Good morning, Julanda, Good morning A talk to good morning again. Talk to me about the sushi are giving me?
Speaker 6: And she just sounds like she just so clusive. I feel bad for her, and he's gonna have his way.
Speaker 3: That's just it.
Speaker 6: He's gonna have his way because she's allowing it.
Speaker 1: And she's gonna say, but she told him to go do it.
Speaker 6: She said a sarcast And that doesn't mean physically go and do it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess that's true. It's like if I said to Susan, hey, you know what I'm going to do. Want I want to rent a lama and have the lama come up in the bedroom and we'll have Lama loving. It'll be awesome. She'd be like, you can do that with somebody else. But that doesn't mean I'd be like calling somebody at work and going, hey, ind and so.
Speaker 6: Him and the work girlfriend get something going off.
Speaker 1: For sure. I don't want to get too personal, Julandah. But the whole sushi off the body thing, if your partner said that to you, what would your reaction be.
Speaker 6: I mean, I might let him eat sushi out my body if it pleases him, but not say, go through it to somebody else. And then when you do it. I know she didn't mean that, just I know she was being sarcastic, and he really did it because that's what he wanted to do.
Speaker 1: Should she forgive him?
Speaker 6: You just don't pick a coworker.
Speaker 1: No, not a coworker. You get somebody off a Craig's list. Yeah right, never see again. Is Craig's list still a thing? Yeah? Bought or sure?
Speaker 6: Calculus for her. He like her because she lets him do anything.
Speaker 2: Truly honestly speak on it, Jolanda. He likes her because she lets him do whatever he wants.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: Apparently, so the question there wouldn't even be no more questions. Well, was she laying on the table? Was she on the floor? It doesn't matter where she was laying. It's the fact that he done it. It doesn't matter where he done it.
Speaker 1: He done it. Thank you, Julian that we appreciate you.
Speaker 6: Have a good day.
Speaker 1: Call next week with the other commentary because we need you. Okay, bye, all right, she's a War of the Roses corresponding. Well, you know what, we need a War of the Roses correspondent. We need somebody who's you know, been in town a couple of times. So so text messages in response to the War of the Roses. And by the way, we're gonna get to that pick your ticket Tuesday in just a second, So if you're here for that one, don't worry. We'll do that one text messages. It's not cheating in the normal sense of the word, but it's something that could easily turn sexual if it were just the two of them.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, I just don't saying to anyone justifying that if someone's laying naked on a table with sushi and you're eating off of it, that's sexual.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this one. If you are going to an art class and you are painting someone naked. Is there anything sexual about that?
Speaker 3: Talk about it, But that is a different environment.
Speaker 4: You're going to this person's house and eating sushi off for naked body. That is as a different environment.
Speaker 1: What about nude photography. Let's say I'm a photographer and like, you know, somebody, somebody comes over to my house and I like set them up and they do a little boudoir photography. Is that sexual?
Speaker 2: That's your job and they're paying you to do it. This is this is I don't think this is anything. There's no, She's not sexually attracted to her. Just play a devil's advocate. What if they didn't kiss?
Speaker 4: I swear to God if I date someone who's like, no, it's not sexual. My coworker just was laying on the table naked and I sushi off of them, goodbye.
Speaker 3: Yeah, God.
Speaker 4: Over, I would gladly let my partner eat sushi off my naked body. I would be okay with that, But I'm not allowing them to do it to someone else.
Speaker 3: Not think it's cheating. You can do it faily, but I clarify if you guys.
Speaker 1: That you got to stop with your fantasies or because we got to get into Pick your Ticket Tuesday. Here are the artists that you get the pick list. So the list is Kat's Eye, Cardi B, Dimilevado, Doji, cat Ed Cheering. Uh. We're gonna play a little game called the match game on Pick your Ticket Tuesday. Here's the way the match game works. You fill in the blank and you try to match as many people on the show as you can. So we need to moderately creative people on the phone. If you're not creative and you're like, no, I don't, let me give you an example round. You're ready? Okay, Yeah, you like an example round? Yeah, hey, let me open up my phone here and I'm gonna get an example round for you. You're ready, m hm, okay, hold on one second, here we go. Dumb Dora was so dumb she went all the way to Paris to get a French blank. And you don't have to just you don't have to write anything down. Just think about an answer. I said, manicure. What did you say?
Speaker 2: I was gonna say manicure, but then I said kiss French kiss?
Speaker 1: Okayisant French croissant? Okay? Vond is on the phone. So let's try another one. That's that's the way it works. So I'm going to give you another one. Okay. Uh the absent minded photographer put his camera in his coffee then tried to take a picture with a blank. Now you've got to be a little creative and come up with something, and then you got to match better than your opponent to win these tickets.
Speaker 3: Okay, you put the camera in his coffee.
Speaker 1: And tried to take a picture with a blank. I said, spoon, what'd you say?
Speaker 3: It's a creamer?
Speaker 4: Okay, it's a phone. I guess I thought a little too logical, like why wouldn't you just use his phone?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Oh lord, these are very different than what you normally do. I wasn't prepare usually.
Speaker 1: Jenny's boobs are so big? How big are they? Okay, that's why you don't write the match game questions? So we have people on the phone. Okay, we have Barb on the phone. High, Barb?
Speaker 6: Bye?
Speaker 1: Where are you calling from? Barbe? I want to know, Barb, who will you choose on pick your ticket Tuesday? Should you win?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'd have to hear them.
Speaker 6: All one more time.
Speaker 1: CATSI Cardi, b Demi, Levado ed Shearon, Doja cat ed Sharon? Okay, see, I would go ed Sheeran, but I might go Doja Cat too, because I've seen ed Cheron before. Good luck, Barbe. You're playing against Maggie. Hi, Maggie, Hi, where are you calling from? I'm calling from Okay, Maggie. Who would you choose if you win?
Speaker 6: Ed?
Speaker 1: Ed Shearing? Very popular choice in here we go. You're gonna go first, Barb. Don't blurt out your answer until we ask for it, but take some time to think. Jenny went to Olive Garden. She didn't have enough for a tip, so she let the waiter see her blank. Now think about it for a second. Vauant is on the phone, so he is not you're not able to play? Not able to play? Okay, I'll play, okay.
Speaker 6: Nie.
Speaker 1: Jenny went to Olive Garden. She didn't have enough to leave a tip, so she let the way see her.
Speaker 3: Blank.
Speaker 1: Okay, blank, Jenny Bailey ready, Okay, Now I need an answer, Barb. So she let the waiter see her what okay, Bailey, did you say, Booby? I said her? Pasta sauce, pasta sauce. I said jump rope.
Speaker 3: I said boobs and boobs.
Speaker 1: All right, Barb, Hang on one second, Maggie, you're up next. You ready? You would go? Bailey and her date couldn't get a tea time at the golf course, so they played blank instead. Think about it for a second. Okay, I have the definitive answer, the way the definitive answer. I'll read it to you again. Bailey and her date couldn't get a tea time at the golf course, so they played blank instead. What do you got, Maggie, charade is a good answer, Jenny, What did you say?
Speaker 3: Put cribbage?
Speaker 1: Bribbage?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: I wrote tonsil hockey. Okay, that's a good one. I said dead. They played dead instead because that would be you. Yeah, no match on that one, Maggie. Here, just skim over Bailey's hands. That's a good one. Creative and that was crazy one too, Yeah yeah, okay, bar back to you. You're ready. I'm not saying Vaunt has a big ego, but he put another mirror in the bathroom so we could watch himself blank. Okay, No, don't say anything.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, I did too.
Speaker 1: Okay that she said shower? What did you say, Jenny, I also said shower. Okay, we got two matches on that one, so Maggie, you have to get a clean sweep to even stay in the game. Here, Maggie, are you ready? Okay, good luck. The bathrooms at the bus station are so dirty you have to wash your hands after blanking. Write down an answer. Don't blurt anything out yet. I'll read it to you again. Maggie. The bathrooms at the bus station are so dirty you have to wash your hands after blanking. What do you got, Maggie opening the door? Bailey? Did you say opening the door?
Speaker 3: I said buy a ticket.
Speaker 1: I said washing your hands. You have to wash your hands after washing your hands. Jenny said, no matches on that way. Maggie. I'm sorry you didn't make it this time, but did you have fun being on katiewb?
Speaker 6: I do?
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You're a good sport. Thank you, Maggie. You have a good day. Guess what, Barb, you're a window? Yeah? Oh my god, it's Ed Shearon, right, Yes, you were going to go see Ed Shearon. We got tickets for you. He's playing the Bank us Bank Stadium. He's going to be that's a huge show. US Bank Stadium August fifteenth of next year. And Barb, you're going to be in the front row. I made that part up. You're not gonna be anywhere near the front row. You'll probably barely be able to see him. You'll watch the entire show on the jumbo tron, but there, but you'll be there. I'm just being transparent with your Barb, hold on for a second. Okay, Okay, thank you, Okay, please hold It is one a one point three k D Double d Ryan Show, one on one point three KD w B Man, we are running late. What do you got in the dirt today?
Speaker 2: Bailey Journey Orlando Bloom had a subtle diss at Katy Perry. Uh So, obviously we know that they have broken up and she kind of got at him for her new song band Aids. But he attended a Halloween party obviously over Halloween, and he posed with a person who was dressed like Katy Perry in her.
Speaker 3: Blue jumpsuit that she wore on Blue Origin.
Speaker 2: And then in the pictures that person who he was with was kissing the ground as Katie dramatically did once they returned to Earth. So it was kind of like, here's this, uh, doubiss kissing the ground like you did, Katie, And here I am standing right next to.
Speaker 3: Her thumbs up.
Speaker 2: So subtle, subtle diss at Katy Perry from Orlando Bloom.
Speaker 1: I just feel I like it, I do, but I feel a little bad for Katy Perry. She really thought that was gonna be a cool thing and it made her look stupid. It was. It was really, you know, like when William Shantner did it, it didn't make him look stupid. And tell me why, because of Star Trek.
Speaker 3: That's why I think good as a Star Trek.
Speaker 1: Good answer, Okay, I'd never thought of that.
Speaker 2: Oneman, speaking of also looking stupid, if you need a second, Dave to look at more stuff there. So Sidney Sweeney, she had her boxing biopic Christy that got only a million dollars over the weekend, did so bad Yeah, and now it has a sixty six percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes, and uh but all of the reviews sixty.
Speaker 5: Six percent, sixty six percent, that's better than the Kim Kardashian show bad Yeah.
Speaker 2: And many of the reviews, even the bad ones, gave Sidney Sweeney high marks for her performance. So they were like, hey, this is a really good job from Sidney Sweeney, even though the movie bombs totally.
Speaker 1: I got a list of celebrities that nobody hates and this is really interesting and I think I agree with this, although some of them I don't know who they are. Mister Rogers, nobody hates mister Rogers. Paul Rudd, Angela Basset, Harrison Ford love him, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Didn't he? But he had the weird thing with the plane.
Speaker 1: He landed on a taxiway. And to me, as a pilot, there's no way that you should not know the difference between not only did they look different, in one of your jobs as a pilot is identifying what is a taxiway and what's a runway? Right so, and by the way, can I tell you Carson is traveling right now. He's with the David Kushner tour. With all the airlines and delays and everything. They were supposed to fly out of DC into Munich last night. They were canceled, they were delayed. He finally got to de Munich way late and they lost his luggage. So Carson's like, I don't have anything, I don't have contact. I'm not going to be able to see, I don't have my glasses, I don't have nothing. They lost his luggage. I said, they'll find it. It's just going to be a day or two until they do.
Speaker 2: Oh no.
Speaker 1: But the good news is I think they're tentatively about to pass the resolution to open up the government again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think the flights will still be affected by it. Honestly, I found like a list of flights that had been canceled and whatever on this app called flight aware or this website, and I was reading through it and I was like, sky West, Endeavor and Mesa, like flights I've never heard of before. Region Yeah, right, But then I google them and they were like an offshoot of Delta. So keep an eye on your flights because you never know.
Speaker 1: Other celebrities that nobody hates Bob Ross, Brendan Fraser, Dick Van Dyke, Willie Nelson, John bon Jovi, by Tom Hanks, Mark Hamill, Stever, when Lenny Kravitz, McCauley, Culkin, and Hosier. I don't have any thoughts one way or the other on Hosier, to be honest with you, I do.
Speaker 4: Love Poser Hosier, but it said people that they hate them.
Speaker 1: But nobody, nobody, nobody hates.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's very chill like I think he's very to himself. So that's probably why can I can I be honest?
Speaker 2: Every time I hear the name Lenny Kravitz, I just think of his peen coming out of his pants that one time.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Crazy he was wearing leather pants at a at a performance and they cracked open. Don't you really didn't follow that story?
Speaker 1: Are you serious? Feel like that's front and center. It's your wallpaper, wallpaper in my background.
Speaker 4: So if anyone follows this, I know some people don't believe in this stuff, but I do to an extent.
Speaker 3: But the rest of this month of planet Mercury is in retrograde. Astrologists warned that this period could be.
Speaker 4: Especially difficult because Jupiter Saturday and Neptune an youurineus are also You're gray, so we're more likely to act irrationally, feel paranoid, and make offensive statements. David, I forgive you for the next two and a half.
Speaker 1: Weeks, I have said anything offense. Hold on, let me you said the cherry in the spoon is garbage. My garbage art, garbage art. Garbage art. I love that we are doing pick your Ticket Tuesday. Another chance to Win coming up in another forty five minutes or so, Bailey, go ahead. I'm gonna say.
Speaker 5: The Jonas brothers they are doing a lot of press because they have their Christmas movie coming out this weekend, and they said that bullying each other is the way that well, I'll let them explain.
Speaker 8: For us, and I think it's similar knowing just enough about you guys, is that it's just a healthy amount of bullying, but not enough to create chaos in the family group text.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, just enough fine line gotta walk that high one. So it brings them together. It's cute. I mean, they're brothers, we get it. I love that. I think that's one of the reasons why all we love each other so much on the show, is that we pick on each other. But it's always like mild is like what you call me Pillsbury dough boy, bitch? Yes, I did, and I thought that was funny. And then we make fun of Bailey because she's dressed like Paul Bunyan today because you look like the lumber jaffet. No, I do like that, but of course I'm going to give you a hard time because that's what we do. It's quilted. I know, it's it is. It's it's quilted, all right. I want to let you know that we're doing Christmas wish. Yeah, and we gotta mention Christmas Wish because because the time is here for you to nominate somebody for Christmas Wish. We've done it every year. What is Christmas wish if you're new here. Basically, we find families or individuals in need that are not getting like, you know, this benefit or that benefit. They're just kind of like, you know, they're just having a hard time right now. Maybe there's been like a death in the family, maybe the breadwinner is not able to work anymore, maybe there's been a house fire, job loss, whatever, and they're struggling to make ends meet, and sometimes they need something specifically, and maybe sometimes it's just kind of a fun thing, like the kids don't really have They've told the kids there's not going to be much of a Christmas this year. Yeah, and kids are very resilient. But we'd like to like load the tree up with some presents and some legos and a big wheel or whatever it is the kids what and so what you do is you go online kadiewb dot com slash wish and there is a link to send your nomination. So if you know somebody who comes to mind right away, like oh yeah, this person i'd like my bus driver, or somebody at work she lost her husband or she lost her partner and they're struggling and she's you know whatever, that's the kind of people we want to help out. So somebody who no fault of their own. And also we always say if just because there's been a tragedy doesn't mean there's been a need. So for example, if I were to get hit by a truck, Susan would be fine. You wouldn't need to do a fundraiser. And we learned this one time. We were in Boy Scouts about ten years ago, and somebody had lost their job or something. So we went down to Target with the Boy Scouts and we bought them all kinds of food and mittens and things like that, and we brought it over to their house and they were mortified. They were so embarrassed because they didn't need anything. Yeah, they took everything back, got their money for it, and then gave it back to the Scouts. So we learned a big lesson. Just because there was something bad that happened didn't mean there was a need. So if Bailey lost her job, that would suck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd probably be okay.
Speaker 1: But you'd probably be okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I'm not trying to too many rules for you. Go nominate somebody on dave o KDWB dot com slash wish and also donate, yeah, because we need donations. We get an amount. Any amount is good, any amount five dollars, five hundred dollars. Sometimes we get like a five hundred dollars donation and it's awesome. But we get a lot of help from Holiday station stores, Thank you, Holiday Station Stores, Youth Link and Treasure Island Resort and Casino. So if you want to help out, then go online. We'll start Christmas Wishes win right right after.
Speaker 3: Thanksgiving, No, probably like a week or so after Thanksgiving and we start them.
Speaker 1: Okay, And the more you donate, the more we can do to help people out. So if you had a good year, go click that donate button on KDIWB dot com slash which take your ticket Tuesday. We'll play it again at eight thirty five this morning. Right now, though, it's your friend. Vont Stern. The pot vaunt is.
Speaker 5: The one time I'm nobody's friend. If you drink beer or wine and you pretend to love it, I'm convinced you're just trying to fit in.
Speaker 1: Stop. Yes, maybe worse beer wine. Let be, let's just keep it one hundred. They don't taste good at all.
Speaker 3: What I love me some wine and beer.
Speaker 5: I know you're gonna say, like, oh, you just moved to the Midwest, because beer is not that big of a thing. I guess in Jersey as it is out here, so I might just not be privy to it. But wine, come on, now, nobody asks me is like this tastes delicious.
Speaker 1: I will disagree with you. You have the taste buds of a twelve year old boy who likes blizzards and milkshakes. I do you have those taste buds? But I think you know. I don't like red wine. It's got too much of a bite to it. I like a good where I can pour that big old glass. I don't pour it in a wine glass. I put it in a tumbler. Yeah, I put in a tumbler and pour it down my throat.
Speaker 2: Hoole.
Speaker 1: That right there, you saying chardonnee.
Speaker 5: That's another reason people like wine because they would to pronounce them all fancy and.
Speaker 2: Be like, I will give it a little bit to you.
Speaker 1: Vnce.
Speaker 2: So I used to work at a liquor store and every time I had to do a wine tasting, I would try some of the wine and I thought it all tasted like dirt.
Speaker 1: Period. I thought it tasted like dirt. But and they're all the same dirt too. Yeah, it is all the same dirt.
Speaker 3: There's just like a drier dirt and an earthier dirt.
Speaker 2: But I will say beer, like, when I first started drinking beer, I thought it was it kind of tasted like liquid burp to me. But over time, like you try different beers and then I feel like as you try more beers, the more like your taste buds start to like beer, I think.
Speaker 1: So I love beer tastes the same to me.
Speaker 5: Like whenever you go to wine taste things and they be like this one's been sitting for fourteen hundred years, I'm like, why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's when wine says like this one's got, you know, the earthy tones and the raspberry grape is very strong here and I'm like, oh, raspberry grape.
Speaker 1: I love that it tastes like juice.
Speaker 5: That's false, Jenny, you disagree.
Speaker 4: I love wine. I think that beer has grown on me. It's not like my top choice of drinks.
Speaker 3: But I do like beer.
Speaker 4: If I'm in like the beer mood. It just depends on what kind of beer it is.
Speaker 2: You need a better beer, get Blue Moon is your gateway beer wont to better beer.
Speaker 3: It's a good one to start with.
Speaker 1: Blue Moon is really good. I mean it's I'm the cliche average person. Can I get a slice of orange in there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because you got to get a slice of orange. It's the only beer that you want a slice of orange. You wouldn't know the difference between Blue Moon and probably Lapping Lab if they put an orange in there.
Speaker 3: Right, No, you wouldn't. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think like blue Moon is a great gateway to better beer, like craft beer. I think it's a gateway to craft beer. When like I mean Miller light that still tastes like liquid burp period.
Speaker 3: But sometimes you just need a light beer sometimes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was gonna say, sometimes you do just need a light beer. I mean, I don't know someone is telling you vont you should try barefoot moscato, which.
Speaker 1: Is just the classic like wine.
Speaker 4: Right, it is wine, but it's more so like sparkling water that tastes like wine sort of, but it's also just like very bubbly, very bubbly, you.
Speaker 1: Would like muscato. Yeah, it's just well, let me just read some response that Vaught says that if you're being drinking beer or wine, it's disgusting. You're only doing it to impress other people. Yep uh text messages Vaunt. Somebody says, yeah, vant, I totally agree. It is disgusting. Beer is disgusting. Another one says, I say this all the time. You've just trained yourself to like it. Yeah. Yeah, I think that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 5: You just tell yourself like, oh this is good, and you just keep going about your day.
Speaker 3: But I think you can train yourself to like anything.
Speaker 2: And also part of the benefit to training yourself to like beer is that beer is half the price of a cocktail, so like you save money.
Speaker 1: I think there's so many varieties of beer and that makes it kind of fun. And there's certain ones. Oh try this oatmeal stout Ooh okay, I mean I'll try it. I don't like anything with the hyat. What is it? Ipa? Is it? What it is? Yeah? An ipa is ibu. You don't like it? A high, I don't acid bittery. Yeah, somebody likes it. It's just because you're so young. I didn't either, and now I'm only twenty.
Speaker 5: Now I'm still only twenty seven, but I have acquired the taste for an ipa.
Speaker 1: We can't blame everything on me being young. That's use all the time. But I didna everything on that.
Speaker 2: I didn't like most beers when I was your age either, And then again, you like train yourself to like them by tasting all of these different ones, and then you're like, oh, I really like a hef of bison.
Speaker 3: That's my favorite.
Speaker 5: Cie.
Speaker 1: What's fun to say it is?
Speaker 3: Sours are also really good. I love sours.
Speaker 1: I'm starring the pot if you.
Speaker 5: If you say that you like beer wine, I'm convinced that you're just doing it to fit in.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I will tell you. One thing that I've learned about wine is that it is all so subjective. So if you order a four hundred dollars bottle of wine, you don't necessarily taste the difference between that and a fifteen dollars bottle of wine. But people will say, hmmm, it's got a great nose in a great bouquet. It's like, you know what, bitch, if I were able to put this fifteen dollars bottle of wine next to your forehead, you wouldn't know the difference. Or it's what you like. If you like the five dollars bottle of wine, then that's what's better. Yeah, not more expensive. I think it's true. And people who.
Speaker 5: Say, like this one's age for one hundred years, like, how do you know that?
Speaker 1: How do you know that if you wanted to be aged for one hundred years, that's awful.
Speaker 4: No, that's not why, And that's more like your bourbon that you care about it being aged.
Speaker 5: But I put on my Instagram because people have been sending me their own stirs the pots. If you ever have something you want me to start the pot about on my Instagram at vant leak or if you want to keep this going.
Speaker 1: I love because you know, I don't go to potlucks because I think you don't know what Margaret was doing with her dog.
Speaker 5: Could have had a little lick of the spoon, and so people will send me pot lucks.
Speaker 1: There's the pot things all the time on Instagram. So now you like it? How do you do it at? It's my story v O n t l e a K. Although he gets called von vont all kinds of.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, so many people say and spell my name so many different ways.
Speaker 1: Vont leak all right, it's one of one point three kd wub Do you want to do this now with no rehearsal? No? No, My thing isn't too okay. You'r ukulele's out of tune. We need to play a song here because Bailey and I are gonna do wet on the ukulele in a second. Here to talk about Dave's ukulele club tonight. If you want to go, you're inviting. You don't have to sign up, just show up here at the radio station. All the details are on Dave ryanshow dot com under the Dave tab Yours are so cute, Bailey, your ukulele, Thank you. It's red. But I want to hear how badly out of tune?
Speaker 3: Let me hear it.
Speaker 1: It's not that off, not that bad. It's not that bad enough. It's a little bit off, but it's not that bad, all right, We're gonna come back and play a one Direction song together. Oh, this should be bad. I mean this should be good. It's coming up next on KD wub here because you don't want to miss it.