Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: While friend the longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is petros In Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadacres terrible person, He's the worst, and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: The pipes, the pipes, the pie. Don't miss an episode. We're with you. Yeah, follow the petros In Money Show.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Patrose Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: Here here. That's not the original. On the telecom stupid, stupid as a Southern American, you said something that got up underneath my skin. But I had a mclata that was tasty. What LA was out? What do you like?
Speaker 3: Lamers?
Speaker 2: Not really?
Speaker 3: Oh, there is only one good knowledge and only one evil ignorance.
Speaker 1: On the utes that.
Speaker 2: Trosen Money and five seventy ELA Sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio appen live from Dodger Stadium. Galpin Motors broadcast booth to our left seer Rick Monday prepping for the broadcast right now, David Vasse. In the pregame, we'll have Pedro Martinez as Dodgers. I saw working that pr lady working her hard, working hard, and it paid off. He's Quatcher Gibbon and you're working for eleven. Former Dodger Pedro Martinez part of the TBS broadcast we had. He We weren't sweating it either down there back No Kate's asked for. Himan was roundly rich. But we got a lot of We got a ton of other stuff. If you missed the first hour, we're doing two and a half hours, so we're gonna be done at the end of this segment. Handed over to Dodgers on deck for a five thirty eight PM First Pitch show. Hel Tani looking to close it out, make it a sweet and head to the World Series for the second consecutive year, but went down on the field, talked to David Vasse, talked to Brian Anderson on the call for TBS, briefly talked to John Hayman. Had an extended conversation with Tyler Glass. Now last night it was Batch Charter and Andrew Fried. We've never said anything bad about Glass. Now Ever, somebody's singing a different tune here About an hour and a half later, Hello, Hello, my darling, Hello on my ragtime down We love Tyler Glass. If you refuse me, honey, you lose me, baby, that will be there. You gotta chuckle out of the old Santa Clarita Valley signal. Yeah we get yeah. We work every eight that we possibly can. Ha ha Oh, couple of Trala laws. That's how we laughed the day away from the Vince Callie Sweet. We stole Andrew Friedman away from Dave Roberts. Oh yeah we did. They were having a strategory session and we were like, we're too important, freightman. No, hey, Freedo, and he came running over. Get over here, by the way, he was here greatly. That was an unbelievable interview. When Matt asked him about the narrative about how the Dodgers are bad for baseball, which was a great question, he got a great question. Frido got mad and he stuck the needle right in there. Urethra our love. Three stars put in the work. Our superstars are out here. But you see those guys working, No, you'll see yes, yes, love it the whole Rookie Sasaki story was there was very very a lot of texts about that, very insightful, crazy stuff, and right now we'll continue our greatness. He was in a gimme move with a generous one. In fact, brought to you by comcording to the University Irvine Master and Coaching Athletics Administration Program. It's a fact over five thousand coaches and administrators have graduated from their master's program. Find out more at CUI dot edu slash coaching. While anticipating another trip down on the field, I thought it was appropriate. I want to go down there for the World Series. I'm already fighting there. Pet House and moneyful enough, but you have to embrace what you are and what we are is your tea bag show of record. Nobody, nobody tea bags like the Petros and Money show in nineteen You could take all the tea and shiny nineteen, put it in a big brown bag for me, taking around the seven oceans, drop it deep into the deep blue season. In nineteen ought four, tea bags were invented accidentally. The inventor, Thomas Sullivan, decided it was cheaper to send small samples to potential customers in silk bags instead of large quantities of tea in boxes. The recipients believed they were meant to be dunked, and soon Sullivan was flooded with orders for his tea bags, much like the French dip at Philip's and bubblegum, all accidental and yet think of how they impact our lives today. And as your tea bag show of record, deeply, why does it? It's allowed here, Matt, it's mattenan And I apologize to see your story go back. I apologize to people listening if I'm screaming now, you're doing great, but you've got to go to the back. Bring your computer, would take the computer. Sorry, it is time with the top story, top story of it. Tough story, that ap it's sort of and I should have brought this up to Glass now, but I didn't think of it because I wasn't in the suite and we were right in front of them, and so I was thinking on the feet. It is sort of bs right. So Tyler Glass now, who much like Blake Snell, has not had the most positive narrative around his postseason performance. Not our fault, not our fault, not his well maybe it's a little bit his, but the guy ends up going out there yesterday, there's ninety nine pitches allows, but one run, strikes out, eight does five and two thirds. Vessia comes in, throws a couple pitches, gets one out, the Dodgers score two in the bottom of the sixth, and on his Baseball Reference page, Vessia gets added a playoff win. Yeah, not cool? One third? Not cool? U Now for the Dodgers. Now, vass will say it's because Vessi I went on the pregame show. Wow. I can't wait to see I can't wait to see what Pedro Martinez gets added to his Baseball Reference base. He's gonna have a hell of a TV tonight. Uh for the Dodgers. Though not cool for Glass now to get a no decision, Very cool for the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: The hit Vessie allowed to start the seventh was the only one the bullpen gave up. Blake trying and two thirds clean, one strikeout, Bomba pitched a perfect eighth, only needed ten pitches and Sasaki. Now the folks are coming in. So I actually got to come up here because I don't want to be around the you know, the mucket bucks. Yeah, well, there's a lot of handshaking and exactly, and so it's kind of better for me to get up here and have to deal with the pah, where was I trying a two thirds clean one strikeout? Bomda our dear friend Anthony Bonda. And here's the thing. Nobody comes to the Petros and Money Show and says, hey, you had Bonda on inside the locker room. He was getting the little sideways. But now when the bullpen needed him, most nobody gives the credit right they want to be guy bounce his back. We don't get credit none, We've got to get what do we do? We fed him multiple medellos, We spent an hour with him, and last night ten pitches for a clean eighth inning. Sasaki then and even the roster the NLC, not even, not even was nothing to do with the Philly series. Bonda comes out here in the NLCS Most Dudes down and Roki Sasaki a compelling story origin story of Roki as the closer from our last hour that you most definitely are gonna want to track down on the Petros Money podcast of how that came to be. Andrew Friedman Doctor Doom doesn't have a better origin story than that, Not even clothes. I don't know doctor Dum's origin. Doom. What is that mask that weld into his face? Oh? That what happened because I was saying I was thinking of Magneto, not doctor Doom. Well, Magneto got into that magnetic thing and he got all magnetic, and he got all magneto. That's what it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh. And Sasaki did the same with a Ninita just thirteen pitches fastball, once again hitting one hundred and one splitter, looking nasty as ever. And I don't know if you saw this on the social media pie, but some people pointing out after throwing three innings in that Phillies game, because of the era of four k TV or eight K or ten K or whatever they're on, right K, you can see perhaps a blister on Rokies the middle finger of his throwing hand, that there was some blood and perhaps that's what led to his subpar performance against the Brewers in game one, and that they were able to get enough super glue or gorilla glue or whatever glue to get that finger correct for that outing last night, and the closure that they so desperately needed is back and we'll be ready to go in the world series. We looked pretty good, Matt, and it was great to see him come out. The only mention a guy is sweaty if he's not doing well, it's right, but he was sweating pretty good. I'm uh, I'm starting to get the vibe that the sweaty and the open mouth breeding almost panting. I know you're you're probably gonna dis agree with me. I think he's kind of like f you. It's kind of like an f U attitude that he's got when he takes that mound. You know me pretty well, and nobody's sweatier and more open mouthed, pretty bigger than me, and you got a real fu realf he I don't even want to go down. I mean, Sosaki out there. I feel like with a real few attitude these days, you really just describe your radio burner to a t. However, p everybody does want to mention the one in four, Yes, one for four. Well Tony did not hit the three jacks that some projected, but did not go five thoughts. Instead, he got a triple on a prayer of a swing in the top of the first is that he was living on a prayer a little bit. Does it count? Jose used to work on the docks. You gets been on strike, donald slock the ilwu exactly Local thirteen. Let's go uh he got a triple on a prayer of a swing in the top of the first he did score to set the tone, and then he struck out twice and had a hard hit ball right in an outfielder. That's so, I think we say it again, Pe, because tonight could be the night. Perhaps this is what it's all been pointing towards and otani magic night. Well, he doesn't have to hear it on the mound, hand in the box. Pitch it a win, hit one or two bombs, send the Dodgers to the World Series, and it very well will be cited as the greatest individual performance in a postseason Reggie Jackson b dan the greatest individual performance in a postseason contest in Major League Baseball history. That is what is lying ahead of Shoe Otani right now, as we have but six more minutes left in our broadcast, as the suite is getting packed and the pas Steve Garvey's here with the fair garb is here. Oh my god, my goodness, you came to see your shine. Oh yeah, oh my son here. Yeah, so the sons of Garb. What's going on? The great Steve Garvey. Ladies and gentlemen, we got bun Fair. He brought Olivia, he brought everybody. Cannas is here. Oh my god, how's it going? Good? Good? Look good? And I've been all over the place. Just flew in the burbank cut a cab.
Speaker 4: Joined my wife to take a look at the final game of the NLCS.
Speaker 2: That's it, Garb.
Speaker 4: You think it's over, Well, remember a few years ago when we played the Braves, I do, and they let me. You know, it's time for dogucational And I said, ladies and gentlemen, the greatest fans in the world, right here and around the world, welcome to the last game of the NLCS.
Speaker 2: And the Braves are on the steps yelling at me and every god. And what do we do? Another victory?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly right they did. Irish charm is back. Oh the USC Notre Dame tomorrow. Yeah, and that's something. Yeah, it is something. But you're a Michigan State baller. People don't know that. Well, we go both ways. If this could sit the truth get the way, I have a great store alright, that's right. Made the best team win. Steve Garvey. Ladies and gentlemen in this suite, enjoy yourself.
Speaker 1: Guard.
Speaker 2: We love what you've already come on with us, already for the God bless you, our hero, Steve Garvey. Here in the house a great corners and he looks great. Olivia and Candace in the house. Everybody's in a great We love it. Candace is looking good. That's those are awesome. Shoo, Craig, Stop Craig. Everybody's years out. Candace has got some really shiny Adidas. She's sponsored by Adidas, much like Penn State. And I heard Penn State is who bought out James Franklin and Adidas book bought him out of Penn State. Yeah, DDA sent their shoes to as a trophy. It could be. It possibly could be, so Matt overall, as I was saying to Chuck there to night, this is it's set up for him, right, We said it was set up for Blake Snell. Hey, the narrative is the narrative. But here it is for Blake Snell, right in front of him against the Reds Game one start, Game one, start, Phillies Game one start Brewers, Bang Bang, boom, he is on an historic run where he could end up as the most accomplished starting pitcher in postseason history. You would have to believe that if Snell, after the greatest performance through eight innings since Don Larson's perfect game in nineteen fifty six, doesn't win the NLCS MVP, that it would probably be like a combined Snell Yama Moto NLCS MVP for the eight combine hits and the nine I mean, we haven't seen a complete game. And what about CC for the Wheel? Yeah, I guess that's possible, but you know, it's a pitching. Pitching is the narrative. It's all the narrative. Although the Wheel was the last one. But he made a great play yesterday and he hit a home run. What about Max Mounsie? Look at that Chopliver sort of when it comes to that, I mean, if Edmund could win it. If when it comes to that, I think it'll be Blake Snell, or it'll be Yamamoto, or it'll be both, and then one of those two guys could also win the World Series MVP. We'll se well, think about our show today, Matt tim Katz put together glass Now Friedman Friedman ba David Vassa, jan from PR Brannan from PR Hayman, Tom John Hayman. We talked to Steve Garvey. I mean, if we come back for the World Series, we can only fail. Yeah, but that's all right. Let us fail while the Dodgers succeeded. We're willing to be the failures. Do you feel good about tonight? Like David Vassa Matt, I do. Like Steve Garvey, I think Shoe Altani is far too much of a killer of a competitor, pissed off he's not been hitting, yeah, to not want to be the fourth starter. I mean, how dominant have the Dodgers been The starters in this series for three games? Have allowed nine hits in three runs in three games. That's that's like a game winning line to win one game, you allowed nine hits, three runs, and you win the game four to three. They've done that for these three games in the NLCS. Nine hits, three runs. That's it over three games, and I would assume Otani is going to want to be right in step with those are the first team in Major League Baseball postseason history to post four straight games of four or less hits and one or fewer runs and we're getting out of here. On that step we got twenty seconds. Thank you to Katie, thank you to Craig, thank you to Tim Kaits, Brian Long Social, Matt Blackmore. We'll be back on on Monday, likely at three o'clock. Brocgo Casino, Dodgers on deck coming up with Tim Kats Vassa's got Pedro, Martine