Speaker 1: Join camfans Eric nord Quist this weekend at Gray's Food Hall for a Sunday Night Purple Watch party. Kickoff just after seven o'clock as Minnesota takes on Dallas. Great food, could drinks, New York chance to win prizes every quarter, don't miss it. Sunday Grays Food Hall. Full details at camfe in dot com.
Speaker 2: Keyword calendar food hall sounds like a place I'd like to live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, or go to school.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Marty's a drector in Fargo, broadcasting live stuff on bise. Hid Er tell us she's cool, she's like your best.
Speaker 3: She really is.
Speaker 2: Mark Parish is the best to right Marc.
Speaker 3: Perry party.
Speaker 2: It's a Pary party. It's a Piry party. We're all invited. And that's Parker Fox. He's tall, he is tall. He's very attractive. How's your how's your beautiful life going yet? Tell me about your your television careers as we speak right now, what's going on with that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Go for go for basketball place tonight in Purdue. Humble on the call for that. And then I have the next three games on Big ten Networks. So December fourteenth, the twenty first, and the twenty ninth. So Big Ten always kind of does this weird deal where they play two conference games and then they break play some non conference games before Christmas, and then they get back into conference play.
Speaker 3: After the new year.
Speaker 4: So I'm fortunate enough to have the next next three games we play Campbell, Texas Southern, and Fairley Dickinson State.
Speaker 5: So what was that last one again, f do you fairly Dickinson State University? Fairly Dickinson State?
Speaker 1: We played them in football recently or whatever basket last year year too, Okay, right, Yeah, they had a Minnesota kid on that team as well who just transferred to to Utah.
Speaker 3: Terrence Brown. So some local flair.
Speaker 4: So yeah, next next two Sundays, you can catch me in the Big ten network.
Speaker 3: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Tell me something about doing television that you didn't expect that is more difficult than you thought it was going to be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think just just the little things, like you know how it is when you know this Perry, Like you get a little trial run before you know you head live on the air, and then it's it's live and it's go time, and and it's crazy to think, like there's so many people that are out there watching you and paying attention to like your every move. So just like being being present, you know, sitting up, smiling at the camera, like just the little things that you kind of take for granted that you see all these play by play and color and analysts do that you just don't really think about. So yeah, just kind of being ready to go from the jump. But as you and me know, like that's sports for us, Like we had to be ready for from the jump when we were playing sports. So I think it's you crave that kind of the same same deal. Yeah, one hundred percent, and all the nuances. That's the trickiest part because especially I.
Speaker 3: Didn't go to school for it. I don't know if you just go for it.
Speaker 5: So we're learning on the go or you're learning on the go, and so it's it's just you can't help.
Speaker 3: The only way to learn it is by doing them. It's right until you're in that position.
Speaker 5: So so it's awesome, but the you know, the only thing is like make sure I know there's a lot of the stay still, there's kind of a lot of things going through your mind like that early on, but just relax and be you totally, just they you know, just be yourself and that that will just make you even better, use your sense of humor, everything that you already have and just be you and and that'll just be You'll be uh excuse.
Speaker 3: Me, I might have might have used it. It was almost.
Speaker 2: Almost.
Speaker 3: I was almost about to use a bad word. I'll go to fantastic.
Speaker 2: There you go. Okay, that's better for you. Yeah, you better if you didn't use that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I wanted to emphasize a little bit there and it almost Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, No, you're going to be amazing, but you're going to do amazing.
Speaker 2: Just be you.
Speaker 5: Your your knowledge is there, you've been there, you've done that, You've you've you've earned that respect in the game for how much you achieved as a player, so you've got that. So just relax, be your player and let it go.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 3: Hey, thank you, Yes you are. It's fun.
Speaker 4: But it's like, you know, just little things you got to learn. So I'm happy to be in it.
Speaker 2: And you could ask Marnie, I mean much about television, but you can come out on.
Speaker 1: Chris said twenty six i HF World Junior Champions, tell me about a zach junior two six dot com parish I know you're excited. It's it's finally almost here. So just a couple of weeks away from puck drop and uh, perfect time to get your tickets now and stock those or stuffed those, stock stock those stuff.
Speaker 2: And I don't know you in the main studio there might be I'm not sure what's going on. I'm a little parish, almost said the effort just now, Yeah, I completely out of no where. He was pissed.
Speaker 5: He's just he's trying to emphasize how how great he's going to be on TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 5: It was I was talking to another athlete guy, so the locker room talks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, came back and doing a lot of funny for you're talking to me one of my new athletes.
Speaker 5: No, but you work on the radio and you have me. You know that part of where a lot of people are listening. I don't know millions, I don't know how many, but I know there's a load millions.
Speaker 2: Were the one rated sports talk radio showed a world world right, Mars Galaxy, thank you.
Speaker 6: Part of it was there was there any kind of award, celebration, recognition, certificate right prime Sure?
Speaker 2: Sure, nope, not no, but I'm gonna have a trophy made. You got a social media posts, right, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think you have to. Yeah, congratulations, thank you to you as well.
Speaker 2: You're part of this, you know, whether you like it or not. You're one of us, whether you like it or not.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I do like it. Okay, good, super super proud to be a part of it. But you know, real, real small part.
Speaker 2: Stop it.
Speaker 7: No, that's that's very cool. That's very cool.
Speaker 2: Marti is in in Fargo, gaint director. We're gonna have the Is he the master Brewer? Is that what you said?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know if he You'll have to ask him about the specifics of his title. Okay, you're talking about Mark Mark.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yes, exactly.
Speaker 6: And I'm guessing he can tell you about what went into your beer and speaking of it.
Speaker 7: And I came here to.
Speaker 6: Director last year for the play by play I p A which they produced, and then put my face on the beer can.
Speaker 7: But I went like in the in the upper level.
Speaker 6: You know these I don't even know the aluminum the giant aluminum.
Speaker 2: Cans, the.
Speaker 7: Big cans they have here there with like a what.
Speaker 2: Are you doing with your hands right now?
Speaker 4: What are you doing with your hands right now?
Speaker 2: Watch just hold.
Speaker 3: Right there?
Speaker 2: Did you have to mix it from top to bottom?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 3: As well?
Speaker 2: Did you have to no this? Did you do any of this at all? You're not able to see me because Zach is trying to save my career right now? You do that? A little bit of that as well?
Speaker 3: Shaker action, Yeah, just to it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I didn't Oh you didn't pepper? Interesting, But.
Speaker 6: I was part of the beer making process, which I've never done before.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and that that part is really cool.
Speaker 2: It was was strange brew a big movie for anybody besides me. But the with the are you kidding me? Remember when they got stuck in the beer vat and they had to take their way out of it sectacular?
Speaker 5: It's oh Steve Martin, oh my lord, or Rick Mirana, Rick moranis my apologies? Absolutely, Oh that was one of my favorite movies. We were trying to see what ran when we were kids growing up so.
Speaker 2: Good they had to drink their way out of one of those vats.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you that my whole movie is genius.
Speaker 2: Or did you or maybe she did?
Speaker 7: Or will I later?
Speaker 3: Would you at some.
Speaker 2: Point open my beer and take a taste of it and tell me if it tastes good.
Speaker 9: Of course.
Speaker 6: Okay, do you mind if I asked for a refrigerated one?
Speaker 3: I know you were fancy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a pretty basic human me. Okay, I know your beer is called Mike check because it's a check What like check pilsner?
Speaker 7: I think?
Speaker 6: Is that the basic level like mine? Mine was an I p A. Is that the kind of beer you prefer?
Speaker 7: Like? Did you say let's start with the check pilsner and go from there.
Speaker 2: I told them I needed to be a lawnmower beer because I I can't drink I p as. They're too bitter or sour for me. I just need I need a beer that I can drink quickly that gets me wasted fast, college kid area. No. I just know I've never liked the taste of those hard beers, man, That's why I call them their hard beers like people love like surly furious, right, It's just it's sour man, right. But for me, I need a beer that we call them law more beer. I want it to be easy to drink. I want to feel like I just cut the grass and I'm wearing I'm wearing the shortest jorts like the shortest nice just barely covering things up.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. I feel you just the original Daisy Dukes.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah, yep, that's what I wanted to feel like. I want to feel like I'm wearing Georgs when I'm drinking my beer. And that's what they've done.
Speaker 3: The Check beer like Check beer.
Speaker 6: So you haven't actually tried it yet because they just they just made it available in the month of December. You have not been to Fargo in the month of December, so you have not tried your beer. There was going to be the day I will be trying it and telling you okay, yeah, and then I'll be bringing back your your cans.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 3: The Checks love their beer.
Speaker 4: Taylor had the World Championships and Check oh yes last April, so we were over there for two weeks and we actually got to tour like a local almost two hundred year old brewery and the process that goes in. They take a lot of pride in it down there, so that's what I'm sure they got it going on for you Hawk. One of my favorite parts in Europe is that like every small town has their own beer, they have their whatever drink they drink, you know, so.
Speaker 5: That you get those experiences. One of my favorite things a traveling brothers.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, it's fun. Hey, real quick with the news, I'll give you a couple of things, just to let you know. The lottery fevers building because the Powerball jackpotoneer is the billion dollar mark no grand prize winner on Monday night, so the drawing tonight nine hundred and thirty million dollars. You can't wait. If you don't play there, you go buy tickets today. I guess up in for gas and to put air in the tires anyway, because God knows, when the air gets cold, the tires go down to the rim. So you have to stop for air. You might as well buy a lottery ticket as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is the you guys, you know cars better than a lot of people. Hawk Like, what is I get those warnings all the time though with the PSI, and I just to ignore it, right, I mean I don't because every time I put air in there, it goes right back down again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna happen. It's something to do with the temperature on the outside compared to what's going on the inside. But don't ignore those warnings. Yeah, you got to ignore.
Speaker 3: You keep filling it up please, event you will be down to no air.
Speaker 2: And here's the thing, whatever, the recommended PSI for your tires are go about five above that. Okay, yourself a little more because it's definitely going to go below that. Speak to the old guys that have.
Speaker 4: That's what.
Speaker 2: That's what? Well yeah, yeah, yeah close.
Speaker 3: Anyway it feels like, well then they still like.
Speaker 2: It, thank you? So yeah, makes you put it on your tires, buddy, I have your snow and high winds are complicating daily commutes all over the place. As of a six thirty last night, State Patrol had already reported one hundred and thirty highway crashes down here at the sixty two clover leaf, you know, going from one hundred onto sixty two. There were four semice that were stuck on the ramp, not in the ditch, they were just stuck on the ramp because the ice. They couldn't get up the ramp. Wow, how crazy is that? So wherever you're going today, y'all be careful out there. And Marty, Marty, are you flying back today? You just decided you're going to stay there and Fargo.
Speaker 7: I would you know I love this town.
Speaker 6: I know you do, but I am scheduled to fly back later this afternoon. And I've also just been handed a mini sample.
Speaker 7: Of your beer.
Speaker 2: Would you so cute? Pinky up? Thank you very much, Mike.
Speaker 8: Chi.
Speaker 6: And it's and it's cold. So this is straight from the tap. This is straight from the tap. Here we go, first taste, Yeah, Mike, check out.
Speaker 9: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Pinki'es out. She's drinking it on watch sauce. Okay, that's a chug.
Speaker 3: That's a big step.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh man, I wish I had a pair of georts right now. It's crisp, it's light. I understand what you're saying about the lawnmower beer. I didn't make any face at all. You didn't as I swallowed yes beer, yes, because there's no yeah, there's no, there's no.
Speaker 3: Hard hawks taking a lap.
Speaker 2: Keep drinking. You're killing many.
Speaker 3: And I got a quick question though, for you mind.
Speaker 5: What other ways do they offer you can get your beer from are than tap?
Speaker 3: You can't just cannon tap? Okay?
Speaker 2: Nice? Uh, nice cans? Yeah, there you go, Mike. Check Pilsner available today only a drekker. Stop buying and grab something again. Money from each purchase goes to Reach foundation. And we just talked to Chad Harlander a little bit earlier about that and thank you very much, and thank you Drecger, thank you about bank. And we will have the uh the owner of drekker On in the next segment.
Speaker 7: Mark.
Speaker 2: Yeah there, that's okay, that's right right, Yeah, there is hi look at you right now, that's right there.
Speaker 3: Christmas. It is a really cool brewery.
Speaker 7: Yeah, hey, Marjorie, it's a very cool brewery and very pastive. And they they're in the spirit right now.
Speaker 2: Yes, what what? How big was the town you grew up on? What town you grew up in? Again?
Speaker 7: Not yeah, yeah, but thirty five?
Speaker 2: But were you in mind? You were in a small, smaller part of like a little town.
Speaker 7: I was born in Langdon, population two thousand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I love the most about small towns? And I thought of this a lot last night, driving in a terrible ice storm to get back home from from jack Pond Junction last night to get her to do the morning show. Zach got enough you feel this way. And I don't know if it's specifically just a Minnesota, but little towns when they decorate for Christmas. I love that so much. And it was last night, you know, it was the snow was falling, or the ram was falling. It was freezing and the wind was blowing like crazy. Every little town I went to had special decorations and it just felt like it was a wonderful life and day. Man, I love that so much. Was you a little town like that when you were a kid?
Speaker 7: Yes? Absolutely, And they all have a main street. Yeah, and you know where main street is because it's the one that's all lit up.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's got.
Speaker 1: Things hanging over the over the street from one side of the the other. And that's that's the negative. Obviously of like dry no place like Morton like you did. Obviously there's no freeways, so you know, you don't. You get there a lot slower. But that drive is really really cool. So many small towns just the cutest.
Speaker 2: Man, I'll tell you it always it always makes me think about how much fun it would have been to be alive. Like, I know, the negatives, but Christmas in the late forties and early fifties must have been the greatest of all time. It must have been the greatest. Must have been a wonderful life. It must have been so well played. That's what I'm talking about. So well play.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when you drive, when you drive down downtown to Main Street to the dime store and you park right in front of the store, and everyone parks at an angle.
Speaker 9: Everybody park.
Speaker 7: You know that is classic small town.
Speaker 3: You guys are old.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask you about you care about Christmas?
Speaker 1: I doesn't have a downtown. I love Chris. We've got Willerne, baby, Yeah what now?
Speaker 4: Who Willerne is like Mona Meta's little downtowns exactly knows about it. But no, I love Christmas. I love the decorations, I love the lights.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna tell you, Parker, let me take you back in time, just from take me there when I was a little boy, Union City, right, tiny town, middle of nowhere. You you couldn't even get there by accident. You have to literally be lost to get to my hometown. Okay. We had to go not to Walmart Nee, not the Target, No, not on Amazon Ney. We would go downtown to Benjamin Franklin, or we would go downtown to the Schubert or downtown to the drug store and buy our toys and our gifts and all those things were sold right there on Main Street, and they decorated up Christmas and Santa, that's that guy. I almost cussed about Santa, but I love him so much. He had a house right on Main Street where you could go visit him. It was the greatest ever. And it would be snowing and you would just it was so Christmas, and you you supported local business and and your teacher. You might run into your teacher, which was rocker awkward for both of you because she didn't want her telling your parents what you did in school that day. But they shopped at the same stor as you did, you know what I mean. And it was often weird because you'd run into your teacher and she's buying panties, and you don't know how to feel about it, you know what I mean. Yeah, you knew exactly when it started. Doubt everybody shopped local because you had to.
Speaker 9: That's all there was.
Speaker 3: We're getting somewhere here, keep going, keep going. Did you enjoy watching your teachers shop local?
Speaker 2: I just thought it was weird that mister Row was buying panties. I'm just gonna say that, all right. But I didn't judge. No, I didn't judge them, lady, didn't you? You guys always think I'm so horny, Marty. I'm so sorry they brought us thats why?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you rarely, you rarely take it there so I know.
Speaker 3: Did you have a bowling alley in your hometown?
Speaker 2: Of course, Woodcrest Lanes Classic, the best, and man, the first time I ever played a you arcade game was that Woodcrest Lanes. And now's another thing, Marnie. How many quarters did you spend in your life playing video games at the bowling alley?
Speaker 7: Come on?
Speaker 2: I mean, come on? Tron Oh yeah, Centipede, Battlestar.
Speaker 6: And a pot machine with the pot machine with the glass bottles like the Coca Cola bottles and you're just reaching and bottles.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you have to top the top off in the Yeah, incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, mister p.
Speaker 5: Some sin.
Speaker 2: Don't talk to me about mister pip. I can't take it. I can't take it.
Speaker 9: Are you?
Speaker 2: You're drinking coffee with your pinky up? And I know there's coffee. Don't act like Kalu in there. You know what I have?
Speaker 3: You know what I haven't had?
Speaker 2: They she's chasing it. I haven't had any any rum chotta this year at all. I don't know what's going on. It's not even Christmas time yet. Why I need rum chatta tonight?
Speaker 6: Is that your your holiday drink? Something about rum chatta Chris?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, and it warms you. You know what, Have you ever tried screwball peanut butter with you?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That's the best, Marns.
Speaker 6: Oh, come on, some screwball with just a couple of ice cubes. Just let it simmer for about five minutes and then just start sipping that and that peanut butter.
Speaker 8: Burn.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, Burn, Marty, you got a problem. You're calling us. You're from a brewery this.
Speaker 9: Morning, the morning.
Speaker 7: What's the problem.
Speaker 2: That's the news, ladies. We'll do sports from Marty is live at Drekker. We're gonna actually, when we come back, we're going to talk to the owner of Drekker and thank them and the good people at Bell Bank and find out about how you make beer and how many different beers they have in Fargo and why they need so many beers in Fargo. I've been in that building, you know, for somebody's wedding.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to say it was I know it.
Speaker 2: Oh really, no, I think that was the spot. I'm almost positive was a spot.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I didn't get invited to that wedding.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm so sorry, but I'm happy that you threw our friends. Thank you. Uh there's h Parker Mark Versus over there. Zacho's over there as well. Meets us a sick Chords on vacation. But Marnie is a director and Parker we'll come back. Talk Morres, Patrick Morris, you're right here on the fan.
Speaker 10: Time now for the Vikings Report, presented by Hive, the official Growthery partner of the Minnesota Vikings. Linebacker Jonathan Grenard joins the Power Trip next.
Speaker 3: Thanks to IVY.
Speaker 1: We all remember that one teacher who made a difference, who believed in us, challenge us, or just made learning fun. And I was your chance to say thank you in a big way with iHeart Radios thank a teacher powered by donors. Choose nominate outstanding public school teacher who's gonna bump and beyond for their students to win five thousand dollars to stock their classroom with whatever they need. Help us say thank you to the teachers and educators shaping our future. Nominate your favorite teacher now at iHeartRadio dot com slash Teachers.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Zach Ho gotcha Mornsho on a weird, wicky wild Wednesday love.
Speaker 5: One of those yeah wacky.
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 2: That was Mark Paris, and that's Parker Fox and Zach's over there in studio live and Fargo is our friend Marnie Gellner. She has handed over her filthy, disgusting earbuds to the owner of Drekker himself, Mark bjornstad Mark. First of all, thank you for taking the chance of putting those ear wax covered things of hers in your ears. Are you feeling gross right now? Are you doing okay?
Speaker 9: We took him back to the brewery, hold them down.
Speaker 2: Everything's good, fantastic. Well, first of all, again the reasons. Marty is there and I wish I was there with you.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry that I couldn't get there this morning, but so grateful that you guys are involved with all of this and you made this happen with Bellbank, we are selling two different beers. Josh Jumel's got one whoever that guy is, and I've got one right now called Mike check Pilsner that is being sold to raise money for charity. And one of the things I love about Director not just how cool that place is. Obviously, the beers are wacky. The whole place is just kind of crazy on a different level. But one of the main things you guys do is you donate so much money to local nonprofits. Has that been like the aim one of the big reasons you guys started a brewer in the first place.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, we really believe that you get a good beer and some good people around it, some awesome ideas happen, and we're building a community here and we want to take care of that community because they take care of us. And it's just fun to do that, to get people around, raise a pint, and you know, tackle some problems and do some good in the world. So this is a great opportunity to partner with you guys, to partner with Bell. They've been a leader for us. I'm really a mentor. I think that's kind of a strange thing in the business world that when your bank is is your biggest business mentor and they teach you how to be a community partner, you know you've got something special there.
Speaker 2: I see the taps behind you right there, how many beers do you guys have on tap right now?
Speaker 9: We've got about twenty four beers on tap right now. We make around three hundred different beers a year.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 9: So it's always an evolving changing thing here.
Speaker 2: Uh, do you have to taste them all? I mean you're the guy, you're the owner. Do you have to sample every one.
Speaker 8: Of them all?
Speaker 9: My dad mold would say that I get to taste them all. I get to sample them all. Yeah, But no, I mean quality is big, and we love we love every beer we make.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I would guess that right now with just a complete guess on my part conjecture. But it seems like everybody I know drinks IPAs. Is that the most popular type of beer right now?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 9: I mean we see it all. We make all types. Id's are certainly always popular and crap beer, but loggers light beers are you know, always near and dear to people's hearts. And then the funky, weird, fruity, strange barrel age stuff that's all got its place. So there's something forever again.
Speaker 2: Mark Pern, said, one of the owners of Director There in Fargo where Marty's at this morning, stop buying picking up right now because it's a limited time. Get the mic check Pilstoner and to help with the reach the good people that reach out in Hutchinson helping kids get what they need not only food wise, but also education wise and just help with their mental health and everything. So I really really appreciate it. Tell me one beer besides my check, of course, that's on tap behind you right now. That is something maybe I wouldn't try, but that you I just I wouldn't believe how much I would love it. Tell me one beer you got going on this a little.
Speaker 9: Weird, I'd say our cherry cheesecake slang. It's a fruited sour made with real cherry cheesecake. It literally tastes like cheesecake and a glass and people go nuts for it. So that's one of the things we love doing here, is like, you know, your idea. You know, people bring in an idea to us and then us. You know, what we love to do is be creative and bring that to life and put it in the glass. So that's a fun one right now.
Speaker 2: Are you guys so upset by how Little Marty's beer sold last year and how you have cases in cases of it? Back there. Is it really disappointing to you.
Speaker 9: You know, usually our problem is trying to hold onto this stuff. It always runs out too fast. Everyone's everyone's excited about the ky van beers and the bell projects that we do, and it's fun to see it fly out the door, for sure.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much man for all this. I appreciate it. Reach they all the kids, all the people are reached. Thank you so much, and and the Bell Bank as well. So thank you for your time. We appreciate it. And we'll stop in for a pint real soon.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 9: Well, thanks for doing a cool beer with us, and thanks for helping the community. You be a part of it.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Man. There he goes, Mark Bjorn said, stop by, Director. I don't know did you ever get to a Fargo ever, Mark?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Actually we go up there. We've got some family up there. Nikki's had some family up They were out there up there quite a bit. And we've been to Drucker yeah direct her excuse me, a couple of times. And their outside area is just as cool as their inside area.
Speaker 3: It really really is a cool brewery. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about you, mister Parker Fox?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had had a good buddy that played football at NDSU, so got up to Fargo a little bit and then had said, you know, I was in South Dakota for a couple of years, so created some relationships with some Dakota people. And not one of my assistant coaches. It's the head coach at MSU more head so in the area. But yeah, love Fargo. I think it's a I think it's an underrated place.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I forgot about that. It was up there all the time. I'm up there all the time for that Maddy calling guy too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good dude man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yes, he does so so much, especially for that area, his hometown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's an amazing man. As much as I love to give him heat.
Speaker 2: And we do have to help him out because they lost so much money on that Marny Marny beer they had last year. There just cases and cases of it that didn't They couldn't sell, they couldn't give it away. They tried to, They tried to give it to people who have problems, and they wouldn't take that beer. That's that's the that's how bad the beer was.
Speaker 3: Tough.
Speaker 2: Look, she just didn't didn't like her beer. They like take her picture off of the picture they did yep, yeah, yeah, yeah, and then that was really expensive, but they had no choice. Yeah, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 10: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, presented by All Around your Timber Tech deck building contractor take a.
Speaker 1: University of Minisoda men's basketball team is at number six per due tonight for a big conference game and West Lafayette, the five and four Golden Golphers, are coming off a win over the nineteenth rank Indiana Hoosiers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Man Gophers.
Speaker 1: One and one, Big ten eight and one are the boiler Makers as they lost to Iowa State on Saturday, eighty one to fifty eight.
Speaker 3: I believe Purdue was number one at that time, Parker correct.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the largest margin of defeat by an AP number one team at home all time.
Speaker 3: It ties up. It ties a record.
Speaker 4: Yukon was number one all time and Villanova beat him back in nineteen ninety five by the same amount of points, So, jeez.
Speaker 3: Ties a record for all time.
Speaker 4: Before I get into this game, I got asked howk it was Purdue basketball was big, like when you were growing up there in Indiana.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously I you was the deal, because we're talking Bobby Night times when I was thrown up. But yeah, it was huge. And you know what, West Lafay has such a crazy city, man, You've been a lot, yeah, for sure. And it is so blue collar. I mean, the boiler Makers are called that because of the factories they made the boilers there, not just the drinks. Trust me, they drink a lot too. But you can tell. It's just outside of Gary, Indiana, not far from Chicago. Very blue collar. And then there's this college right there, and to the people of that area, that place means a lot to them. And that rivalry between IU and Purdue. I'm sure it's still that way, but when I was growing up was a huge deal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's a ridiculous place to play. I got to play there a couple times, and just the choreography of the fans. You walk into that building an hour and a half and it's already sold out to the brim with fans and people there ready to cheer against.
Speaker 2: You really hard.
Speaker 4: And then we had to play against a guy named Zach Edy, who was a seven foot four center and the kind of cult hero. He became there as a National Player of the Year was ridiculous. So it's a really difficult place to play. That's why it was so shocking to see Iowa State go in there and win the way they did. Taylor's brother actually plays basketball for Iowa State, so we were watching. We were watching that game really close. Her family was there. So now the Gophers get there shot, like Zacho mentioned, twenty and a half point spread, which is pretty wild. But what an opportunity for the Gofers to go in there in their second conference game and try to beat one of the top teams in the country. This Purdue team is as good as it gets, so I'm super excited to see what Nico Medved's crew has going for them tonight six pm on the Big Ten Network.
Speaker 3: IM the fan on.
Speaker 2: The fans, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, And you know what it's It's sort of like when we go to Appleton with the Vikings, Like this weekend in Dallas, we stay at literally maybe the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at. Okay, but you go to Green Bay, you stay at the Appleton n right. Yet in it's fine. It's a fine hotel, I'm not saying, but compared to the Ritz, you know, and whatever, it's the same, but Purdue, I bet. Oh, yeah, I gotta believe because there's no nice hotel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's just not one season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, there you go. It was.
Speaker 4: It really was the worst though, because because you're right Hawk, everywhere you go it's usually these big cities, and we're lucky enough to charter directly into West Lafayette versus you know, that's not really that wasn't really an option for your parents if they wanted to travel with you. But yeah, you're at some ramata and you're looking at the stake they give you the night before and you're a little curious about where.
Speaker 3: This thing is coming from.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, a little different, but what an opportunity, and want a place to play. I think when you're playing in the Big ten, you to play at some historic venues, and Macky Arena is up there at the top of them.
Speaker 2: I've told the story before.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, good go.
Speaker 2: No, I've told the story before, but I'll make it quick. My friend Randy and I went to a Purdue print Penn State football game when my buddy Curtis, who I went to high school with, was playing for Penn State. So we decided on a whim. We were going to go in now, admittedly we booked. When we got there, we didn't have a hotel. We just thought we we'll get a hotel. We get there. The hotel we stayed in was a motel nice and the front door, the only door, would not shut all the way. And it was snowing outside, and the room was so filthy that even though the door wouldn't shut all the way, Randy refused to sleep under the covers. That, my friends is West Lafayette. Wow. Wow, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: That's sweet.
Speaker 1: I love their mascot too, that's such a cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just sees a drunk, that's all he's. He's just he's just a guy looking for a drink, that's all he is. Become a mascot, how dare you, sir? Now, you man? Not you brother? Look at the window behind you there, Mark, It's it's beautiful. But if you're watching Kama watch look at the snow on the ground. It looks so pretty compared to what the people experiencing the traffic you're facing right now.
Speaker 3: A lot of snow is gorgeous.
Speaker 5: And yeah, there's looking out there, there's a lot of snow. This is gonna drive slow, get whatever. This is gonna be one of those winners. Yeah, we're gonna have a whole lot of snow.
Speaker 2: I was hoping. I was hoping for that.
Speaker 5: I'm I miss the winters growing up when we had it wasn't a matter of snow, it was how much were were we going to get every year? And I don't know there's something out that that as soon as the snow falls, you know, driving slows down. Some drivers out there driving me crazy. It's such a comforting feeling, Like I just.
Speaker 3: I love it. I love the feeling of winter.
Speaker 2: And I want to send up for the kids. By the way, let's not make them do online learning.
Speaker 3: Give them a snow day, insane.
Speaker 2: They have enough to deal with as long as they're not on the phones. If they're gonna be on their phones, make them do on that's fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah they're gonna be That's exactly what I was saying it. HOWK I'm like, no, no, no, no, man, the school go to snow for or take their phones.
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 2: Vik's news and more after this on the fane.
Speaker 1: Fa Cafe and welcomes Trans Siberian Orchestra for two Amazing Shows at Target Center December twenty eighth at three o'clock and seven point thirty. Tickets are on sale now get the full show details including on linke to buy tickets to Cafe dot com keyword at calendar.
Speaker 10: On the Power Trip presented by Radcombe, it.
Speaker 2: Says says a row store, ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to the Powers Trip. Morning says we had into Vikings news as we have a parish in Parker Fox here we have Marni Gelmer who is.
Speaker 3: Pull her up on that one?
Speaker 2: Where is she? Where is she? She's in Fargo at Drecker helping to to push my beer to raise money for my good friends at Reach There. It is the Mike check Pilsner. Thank you, Marty, and thank you all the friends at Bell Bank. Marty, We're gonna do some Vikings news, but I want to talk to you momentarily as well, so you you stay, you stay real near the microphone if you don't mind. We're gonna go back to Vikings news though, as Koc was on with our guy Pa yesterday and they talked about JJ McCarthy and his game against Washington.
Speaker 8: Coach with JJ, what I've learned, and maybe it came from taking one week there for for Max to play against the Seahawks when he was in the protocol, but taking a step back and just you know, after having a pretty good amount of work there over the last few weeks prior, man if I just throw that completion right there, if on that you know, second down, instead of trying to take three hitches and work the ball down the field, I checked the ball down. I put the ball in play, and we end up with a second and three into a new set of downs or a third and manageable where it doesn't feel like we've got to move heaven and Earth at the quarterback position.
Speaker 2: Yeah, doesn't it? Aren't you as interested as anything to see if JJ can do it two weeks in a row now, to see if that mindset that he went into that game with he can carry over into Dallas on Sunday night.
Speaker 1: Especially in primetime. I mean that, you know, going from that to you know this, this kind of I think we probably got what the B or C team on Sunday with Fox and then to now have the all the lights on you with NBC? What did they were on NBC earlier this year? But I don't Was it McCarthy the quarterback? Was that Wentz?
Speaker 3: That time? That would have been WinCE Wentz. So it's the first.
Speaker 1: Time on on big Old TV, and obviously in Dallas, not the friendliest confines in the in the world. So uh yeah, what uh with all that pressure and hopefully this the game plan is simple in and we can can see more of what we saw yesterday or Sunday.
Speaker 2: I'm eating my words. It was Atlanta that we played on NBC, So was that? Was that? Still? JJ?
Speaker 3: He got hurt guy game? That's right?
Speaker 2: So I know I'm excited. What do you what are your what's your gut telling you?
Speaker 7: Marns Well, not just JJ.
Speaker 6: I feel like I think, as I said yesterday, it looked like a whole different Vikings team, offense, defense, special teams, coaching, play calling.
Speaker 7: I feel like that.
Speaker 6: Is also a great sign of leadership, coach ability, even coaches being able to check themselves when you know that you need to make a change and something needs to be different, and you can actually be humble enough and not dig your feet in and say it's too bad.
Speaker 7: We're doing this. I said, we're going to do this. We're throwing the ball I said, we're going to throw the ball. I was.
Speaker 6: We're impressed with just that whole thing, because you know, the coaching staff was looking in the mirror too after a game like that. So to be able to come out change it, be different, make the adjustments. Chris Finch always says, you are what you can repeatedly do, and so until we see this Vikings team JJ and others week after week after week repeatedly doing it, then it becomes who you are and that's what I want.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a really good ball team.
Speaker 2: Please pairs success breed success to right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, there's just there's a lot of growth going on right now, right, And I love I just love the fact that Koc and the Vikings, you know, decided to take a step back because you know, he's hearing the rest of the world.
Speaker 3: You know, he's there ends. I'm sure they're insulated.
Speaker 5: Uh, you know, he's doing his best, but he's learning now to just deal with that noise. You know, he doesn't he's not listening, he's not paying attention, but he does hear it, so he knows the amount of pressure he's under. And it seemed like there was just so much they just micromanaged, overanalyzed everything, his feet and this and that, and there was so much going on where he just wasn't playing the game right. And that same thing happens in hockey when they start to, you know, get overboard in that. So I love the fact that they kind of recognize as hey, we might be going about this the wrong way with this kid. Everybody's different, everybody learns differently, and let's just start with Hey, let's just get him out there and let him play football. And it was just awesome for me to see that step a step again, to see what he can be, what I still believe he will be, you know, but just it takes time to give him a little patience and let him just play a football for a little while so he can get used to just playing in the NFL as an NFL quarterback. There aren't any other athletes in the world world to take that scrutiny.
Speaker 2: Parker coach here talks about the goals they accomplished against Washington.
Speaker 8: The number one goal of the week was to start fast. Yeah all the time. I met with the team on Wednesday and said, hey, here, we want to be we want to win the turnover battle.
Speaker 3: I'm tired of talking about it.
Speaker 8: Let's win the turnover battle, and let's start fast in the process.
Speaker 9: Of doing so.
Speaker 8: And if that means we end up getting the lead defense, I think you're going to get some opportunities to take the ball away. The number one priority on offense is to protect the football because we know what those numbers look like. When we do some of those things within the game, they give us very very high likelihoods of winning.
Speaker 2: Coach said that a lot last week, even going into the game.
Speaker 9: Parker.
Speaker 2: But and I'm not saying last week was an upset, but from week to week such a giant change. Have you ever seen an upset that didn't happen when the upsetting team started fast? You know what I mean? It's starting fast is the key man, and that's what I think. The momentum was such a huge thing last week and started everybody off in the right foot, taking the ball and giving it to JJ and How's marching down and scoring. That was the change of everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and now you have to find a way to do that again, you know, like Marni said, the consistency and now you're underneath the bright lights Sunday night football in Dallas, and Dallas's defense is atrocious. They're terrible defensively, one of the worst defenses in the league, giving up a lot of points, I think nearly thirty points per game.
Speaker 3: So you got to start fast.
Speaker 4: They play a lot of zone so I'm sure we'll see a lot of Aaron Jones and Jordan Mason kind of swing passes out of the backfield, a bunch of quick hitters, So I'm excited. I think anytime you got the young kid at quarterback, you just got to give him opportunities to get out there and play in those big moments, and not a bigger moment than in Dallas America's team on Sunday Night football.
Speaker 2: Such boy building.
Speaker 1: So much on the line for Dallas at this point because they're fighting for a playoff spot.
Speaker 3: The odds right now if they win to.
Speaker 1: Make the playoffs fifteen percent if they lose three percent, So they're in desperation.
Speaker 3: Mode right now.
Speaker 1: So I think it goes back to kind of what we've been talking about, where it's less about the wins and losses the rest of the way with the way the making the season is, it's more about, you know, is JJ making progress and what is he learning and what can he execute? And hopefully we see more good things than bad things on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Night, Complete left turn Parker. I loaded in this AUDIOCE one. I want to play it?
Speaker 3: Do it.
Speaker 2: Finch talked yesterday to Pa about Rudy's ejection.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't think that that play warned an ejection.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 1: I thought it was, you know, by all means a flagrant one, but a flagrant two.
Speaker 3: I didn't see see that in it. I didn't see any wind up. I didn't see any extension.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 3: I saw a foe arms of the ribs to a guy who was, you know, elevated, which I can understand why that would be flagrant one. But I did not see flagrant two in that call.
Speaker 2: It's interesting because I don't know anything about basketball, and I don't pretend to. But I thought it was did he mean to elbow the guy and break his ribs? Or did he not? And if that is the then he absolutely meant to know was I can't disagree with Chris Finch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'm a big Chris Finch fan, but that's he's.
Speaker 3: So wrong that he's got to protect his guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, stuff, all that fun.
Speaker 4: Stuff Yeah, Barrero talked about it last night as well, and it's so obvious, like we've seen Rudy Gobert and for people that didn't watch the game that don't have context, he got smacked in the face pretty good by the same player who received a flagrant probably about I don't know, Marti, how how before was that like two minutes or something like that.
Speaker 6: Well, Rudy's injection was mid third quarter, so I feel like that was second quarter, but.
Speaker 3: It might have been.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but nonetheless, yeah, Mark Williams smacked Rudy in the face and he had like fingerprints on his head.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that changes.
Speaker 7: And that was only a flagrant one exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So and you give credit to Rudy because he's known for kind of getting in people's face and going to kind of approach that guy. He restrained and held himself back. But then, yeah, the play was Mark Williams is going up for an open dunk and he just forearms shivered him right in the ribs, clear as day. A flagrant to file, you you got to be ejected from from a game, especially when the player is airborne like that, Like this is a seven footer who's flying through the air. This is how you get injured. And then to just go shiver him. Uh, it is not a good play from from Rudy. So I disagree with Finch on that one. I think that was a rightful flagrant too. There's a sorry mark.
Speaker 6: The qualification for a flagrant too is excessive and unnecessary.
Speaker 7: That is it. That's the whole definition. So that's a total interpretation by the referees to decide is it excessive and unnecessary? What's happening?
Speaker 3: Tell us, tell us the qualifications? Good hawks face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't know. Keep going a great job, and I was listening to I don't know what they're talking about. I really don't know.
Speaker 5: You were rolling Martins get by contract and I apologize, I don't know what they're talking about.
Speaker 6: Well, it is for the officials to interpret then is its excessive and unnecessary?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: And that leads to a flagrant two ejection? And yeah, I thought that I could see it. I didn't have a problem with it, but I understand why wife Finch has to has to defend his player.
Speaker 3: Go ahead pair, that was way better. I'll just move on.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm gonna add this. I don't think I could reach Rudy's forehead.
Speaker 3: And that's the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I was thinking the entire time you were talking out there. If he had fingerprints on his forehead from the guy slapping him in the floor, awesome. I don't think I could get up there and reach his forehead. I'd have to show up as high as I can.
Speaker 5: So like in hockey, that's ref's look at that and laugh like, yeah, that's funny, I got somebody got him.
Speaker 4: You would have to be really excessive and unnecessary to reach his head.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's well. And that's the thing too, like in hockey, because it happens so many times. You know, we start teaching these young players early early age that do you do not retaliate? Because in hockey, that's a lot of cheap shots out there, and we like to take advantage of anyone and everyone when the ref's not looking. So you just you gotta You cannot rete all, absolutely not, because they will get the retaliation.
Speaker 2: Every thing might be.
Speaker 1: Juwel ericson xts best quality as a hockey player because nobody takes cross checks and hacks more than he does and he does not retaliate.
Speaker 5: Ye, No, that's in that that's sweet discipline and that's mental that's that's how we're trained, and he does it.
Speaker 3: You're right, one of the best in the NHL.
Speaker 2: Partrip morning show is spread all over the nation. Uh meat sauces on the toilet, Corey is god knows where, Marty's and Fargo Parish and Parker and Zacho and myself are here in the studio and again Marty's at Dreker and Fargo right now. Stop by and saying hi to her and buy some of my beer or by Josh's beer as well. It's for a charity as well, but minus for the reach programming.
Speaker 3: For good kids.
Speaker 2: Look, just achieve their best possible life. Early Marn motor boating. You know what, I don't know why I'm not doing it. You guys are being I'm the one being clean air, yep, I know. So we'll be back with the final out of the park trip after this on the Fan