Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 1: A Spring training Dodger.
Speaker 3: Talk, here we go again.
Speaker 4: We're going to running.
Speaker 1: Back hosted by Dodgers Saint signer David Bassi. Ah yeah, three p in the Mexican in on the show called eight six six n eighty seven two five seven, And be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you catch your podcasts. Here's your host, David Bassey.
Speaker 2: What a heavy workload this week, we got four Dodger Talks. Welcome to David Vasse's Dodger Talk Live from Camelback Ranch in Glendale, Arizona. We have a great show for you again tonight. Mookie Betts is going to join us. You'll hear our one on one conversation coming up at seven point fifteen and at the bottom of the hour. Can you believe Pete Crow Armstrong has doubled down his hate on Dodger fans. You know I played last night a clip of our interview from twenty twenty four where he was celebrating Dodger fans for bringing out the best with the intensity and the atmosphere at Dodger Stadium. In a Chicago magazine interview, he took a shot at Dodger fans, and then today at Cubs camp on foul Territory PCA from Harvard Westlake at LA Kid doubled down on ripping Dodger fans. So it's very difficult to defend picro Armstrong's words, and he certainly will hear the booze when he comes to Dodger Stadium at the end of April. So we'll get to all that later in the show. But today or right now, want to share with you what took place earlier today in case you missed it. The Dodgers improved their spring training record of five and zero with a ten to seven win over the Diamondbacks at Salt Rivers Field. A couple of the highlights for the Dodgers. You know, we talked about the competition at second base between Alex Friedland and hay Son Kim. I kind of feel like Haysung Kim is really grabbing a hold of that job with the way he has come into camp and really starting to look like a major league hitter with the plan and also hitting the ball hard, making contact even against velocity. So Hay Song Kim not only in the first five spring training games, but also from what we have seen from Kim on the backfields, he resembles a guy that can be the eighth or ninth hitter in this Dodger lineup, similar to the function that Gavin Lux provided back in twenty twenty four. Plus the speed. The speed factor when Kim is starting or coming off the bench, that is a huge dynamic of his game. As far as the total package. Today Kim was two for three with an RBI. So I kind of feel like Hayesun Kim is the leader right now to be part of the second base solution until Tommy Edmund returns from his recovery of right ankle surgery. Also another highlight today, River Ryan made his return after missing last year with Tommy John surgery. River Ryan has certainly impressed a lot of the Dodgers brass with the work he has put in over the course of the last twelve fourteen months. He threw six different pitches in a scoreless third inning today and was looking like we have seen River Ryan look going back to the beginning of camp and everything. We heard that River Ryan was last September and October when he was over here starting to pitch in inner squad games. So River Ryan certainly had a good day. And that's coming off the heels of Gavin Stone in his first major league game in over a year with the fifteen pitch scoreless first st inning yesterday. So those two guys certainly continuing to make the case that, Hey, whether or not we are part of the starting rotation to begin the season, you are going to see us at some point in time in twenty twenty six. We have phone lines open, we are taking phone calls, and I have some questions for you tonight to answer. Mookie Bets is coming up in our next segment, and I'm wondering, and I've brought this up before, and I feel like my case for Mookie Bets is even stronger. Who has had the better career, Mookie Bets or Mike Trout. Who has had the better career Mookie Bets or Mike Trout. Now we could go with the tail of the tape, and yes, Trout is probably going to beat him in certain categories, maybe not as many or by as much as you think he would Muki's a lifetime two ninety hitter. Trout's a lifetime two ninety four hitter. The lifetime ops is eight eighty one for Mookie, nine to seventy six for Trout. Mike Trout has never won a Gold Glove. Mookie Betts has won six goal gloves, all in right field and was a runner up for Gold Glove at shortstop last year and wants to win it again. But here's the biggest difference between three time MVP Mike Trout, one time MVP, eight time All Star Mookie Betts. You know why I would say Mookie Betts has had the better career. He's a four time World Series champion, and he's been a big part of the Red Sox winning in eighteen, that's the year he won the MVP and the three championships the Dodgers have won since he got here. Mike Trout has only played in one playoff series, and if you look at it might be that Mike Trout's best years are behind him. Mookie Betts is still going strong. I know you say MOOKI had a down year last year offensively, and he did. He had his worst offensive season, but it wasn't as bad as Mike Trout's last two years. So if I had, if I had to choose a career and say who's had a better career, it's Mookie Betts. And you might say, well, Mike Trout's been on the Angels. Well, he had an opportunity to leave the Angels and chase rings with another team, and he chose to stay with the Angels. You know, he is a loyal guy and very loyal to Artie Moreno. I understand that Arty has meant a lot to him, and I respect that very much. But if this is about the game of baseball, the business of baseball, if he wanted to be a winner, he had the opportunity to take that challenge on and he chose not to. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Going back to today's game, Roki Sasaki. Here's another question for you. Is Roki Sasaki deserving of a spot in this rotation? Doesn't he have to prove that he has to earn a spot in this rotation? And I know he's only going to pitch maybe once every eight nine days, but today's game was not very convincing. And I know it's only one game, but coming off last year and the way things went for him in spring training and in the regular season, doesn't Roki Sasaki have to prove that he is a starting pitcher And look, he saved the Dodgers in October. If Roki Sasaki can't be the closer for the Dodgers in the postseason last year during the Wildcard, during the NLDS and NLCS, the Dodgers don't even get to the World Series. So don't get it twisted. Roki Sasaki was very valuable out of the bullpen last year. Now he's trying to come up with a cutter. We didn't see that until the second inning. And his fastball command again was not great and he was not missing a lot of bats. So to me, we talk about competition. To me, why is he exempt of that? Why does he not have to earn a spot in the rotation? And the good news for Roki Sasaki and the Dodgers is the Dodgers' schedule lends itself to not needing six pitchers or even five starters if you don't want to use them, because the Dodgers have five days off in the first five weeks of the season, including after playing three games to open the year at Dodgers Stadium against the Diamondbacks. They have a random Sunday off before they continue the home stand against the Guardians. So that lends itself to the Dodgers using the schedule in their favor to not necessarily have six pitchers in their rotation. They can skip a guy if they wanted to, or they could spot start a guy. Maybe Gavin Stone is part of this, so keep that in mind. It's just, you know, why, why is Roki Sasaki automatically given a spot in the rotation? Eight six six, nine, seven two five seventy is the phone number. And look, like I said, and I'll say it again, it's only one start. But if he has a rocky spring training, maybe it would do him better to stay back with the schedule the way it is and allow a guy like a Gavin Stone or a River Ryan to have that spot to begin the season because they are ready to go. And look, Andrew Friedman has been very, very transparent in all of this when it comes to Roki Sasaki. The Dodgers didn't sign him just for last year or this year. They've I got this guy for four more years after this season and Andrew Friedman said it last year. This is not something that the Dodgers were counting on to be an overnight sensation. They were very much prepared for this to be a development situation with Roki Sasaki, even with all the fanfare. So it's not like the Dodgers were expecting him to be Yamamoto right away. Now. They believe he has the talent to be that good, but they're very prepared with the fact that this is a guy that needs seasoning and needs some help to round into shape. And he did not have the same type of career as Yamamoto or Otani. The Japanese media believed that he kind of rushed his way to Major League Baseball and he never was as decorated or as accomplished as Yamamoto. He just threw one hundred miles an hour and could command it in He just hasn't been able to command it consistently so far with the Dodgers. Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number. So there you go. The table is set for you. Who has had the better career, Mookie Bets or Mike Trout And do you believe if Roki Sasaki does not have a good spring. He deserves a spot in the Dodger rotation to begin the year. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. When we continue, you'll hear from Mookie Bets our one on one conversation and we'll take your phone calls. We have phone lines open at eight sixty six nine, eight seven two five seventy. David Vassa live from camel Back Ranching, Glendale, Arizona, until eight o'clock on Dodger Talk right here on your home the back to back world champion Dodgers AM five seventy LA Sports. David vass Live at camel Back Ranching, Glendale, Arizona. We're with you until eight o'clock tonight here on AM five to seventy L Sports. Coming up. In just a moment, you'll hear our one on one conversation with Mookie Betts. We have phone lines open at eight six six, nine eighty seven two five seventy. I have set the table for you tonight, Mookie Bets or Mike Trout, who has had the better career. I know the tail of the tape, the numbers, the four hundred and four home runs. The three MVPs for Mike Trout will wile you. And yes, I'm not saying he hasn't had a great career, but if I had to choose somebody's career, I would choose Mookie betts career over Mike Trout's eight six six, nine eighty seven two five seventy. And also Roki Sasaki a rough first start in the Cactus League, trying to prove that he is ready to be part of this Dodgers starting rotation. To me, he has to earn it. I don't believe that you can just hand this guy a starting spot in the rotation and look, if these other two pitches don't play, did the Dodger and Rokie have to accept Maybe the best way to help the Dodgers is again coming out of the bullpen. Eight six, six seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Rancho Cucamonga. Paul, You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 5: Paul, Hey, Dave, how's it going and calling you over the years, So happy you're out there in Arizona with our boys. But uh, and also by the way, you do an amazing job all the time, brother, I love you.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you, Paul.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: I mean I'm hoping, dude, that that cutter coming along and this was just first day jitters. You know, he's out there in front of the you know, the whole crew and first time of the year, and you know, maybe he's got that jitters and can get it under his belt. But man, we can't keep all these young guys down, dude, Gavin Stone, River, Ryan, Robleski. I mean, how many lefties do we got in our lineup? Butting out Blakes now probably not ready for the start of the of the season. I mean, I don't know, man, I think he could just walk in like you did last year and you know, just be penciled in there because I mean, we got a lot of young dogs out there that they are chumping at the bit. I mean, I'm not saying he's better than Landing next because I mean landing that doesn't shock, don't get me wrong, but we all give.
Speaker 2: That we're talking we're talking about Yeah, we're talking specifically River, Ryan and Gavin Stone, and yeah, I just it would be ideal if Roki Sasaki could be a starter coming out of camp because that would help things and help the depth situation, especially with Snell not being ready for opening day and both these young guys River Ryan and Gavin Stone coming back from pretty significant surgery. So I'm not saying I don't want it to happen. In fact it would. It would make things a lot better if it does happen. But I'm saying, you compromise your bullpen. If you throw this guy out there two three times to begin the year and he only goes four innings, that's just not going to help anybody.
Speaker 5: I hear you, and I got a little quick on the Mookie and Mike Trout fantastically. We're saying what we're talking here Dan Marino versus what Joe Montana because he's got five. Yeah, that's Goooki's on Tom Brady level, he's got seven.
Speaker 2: That's that's a good comparison. Definitely. Yeah, baseball's a little bit different of a sport. A quarterback can change the fortune of a franchise, and in crunch times, certainly Joe Montana was was the man. So it's not exactly the same. But I understand what you're trying to say. Mike Trout has the stats, but Mookie Betts has the rings. And I'm just saying Mike Trout and Mookie Bets are both Hall of famers, But if I had to choose one of these guys careers, I would choose Mookie Betts career in a heartbeat. Let's go out to mission Viejo Jim, You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi, Jim good Indian.
Speaker 6: David, love your show.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Want me to comment on both of your very welcome. You do a great job. I wanted to comment on both the Slazaki and the Trout Bets thing. Obviously, they did put him in the bullpen last year if he didn't work If he doesn't work out, we could put him back in the bullpen. The only problem is is we're paying a lot of money to him to have him go in a bullpen.
Speaker 2: They're not paying him a lot of money, Jim, Jim, they're not paying him a lot of money. He's on a minimum contract, rookie contract. He's not getting paid three hundred four hundred million dollars. So no, they are not paying him a lot of money.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, I thought he signed a big contract when he came over.
Speaker 2: No, it was a standard rookie international signing.
Speaker 6: Okay, I apologize, then then perfect put him in the bullpen, and then on your Bets and Trout. I'm a huge Bets fan. I'm from Massachusetts, so I loved him when he was with the Socks. Obviously been out here for forty years, so I'm a big Dodger fan. But here's the only thing I would say is when Trout came into baseball, for the first eight years of his career, he was probably the best player in baseball for six of those eight years. And I know he's gotten hurt, but Mike Trout saying the career it's a little bit different. But you can't even compare the two. Mike Trout has had a better career. He's just been on a losing team and you can't fault him for that. So I understand that. I mean, I still love Mukie. I think he's a fabulous player, and him moving positions all the time makes him even better. But to compare the two, when you could say that Mike Trout was the best player, hands down for six years in all of baseball, you can't compare them.
Speaker 2: I can make the argument Mookie Betts has been the best player for four or five years and still has a lot more left than Mike Trout does. But you're right. The first six years of Mike Trout's career, hands down, I'm best player in baseball and he's only been to one Playoff series and that was in twenty fourteen. So his first few years the Angels were pretty good. But obviously it's gone sideways, and he had an opportunity to leave, to sign with the team that would give him a better opportunity to win a championship, but he chose to stay with the Angels and kind of hide in anonymity in Orange County. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number speaking of Mookie Bets, had a chance to catch up with him earlier today. Here is our one on one conversation with four time World Series champion Mookie Bets. I think guys are starting to get tired of me. It's that time of spring training. It's only been two weeks. Guys are getting tired of me. But my guy, Mookie Bets, has taken some time for us and I appreciate that. Hey, not bad, four rings, looking for a fifth. Thank you for the time, and great to see you out here again.
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, you that's how you know we love you though, because we were messing with you, you know, every time you step foot around us. So it's good to see you again.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 2: I know you said this is the first normal spring training you've had with the Dodgers, and I was thinking about it, and you're right. You go back to twenty twenty and twenty one, the pandemic cut things a little bit different, and then obviously you've had to go on these trips to Tokyo and Korea. How does it feel to just ease into the season.
Speaker 8: It's kind of weird.
Speaker 7: It's kind of weird. I forgot what it feels like. So you know, I'm really this is really the first time I get to kind of take my time. You was ramped up and fully ready to go right now. So you know, fortunately I'm at the stage in my career where I can kind of take my time and whatnot, and so I'm gonna see how it works.
Speaker 2: How does it feel coming off back to back World Series Championships and to have the same core group of guys with you to try to go for this three peet?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I think does that and itself mean so much? You know, usually after stuff like this, you know, teams kind of break apart, guys want to go get their money or whatever it is, right, But no, not this group. This group is it's almost likely kind of will do everything to stay together, you know, because you never really get an opportunity to to love coming to work as much as we do, love each other as much as we do, and love playing as much.
Speaker 9: As we do.
Speaker 7: So very rarely have you do you see in sports all three of those things, and we got it.
Speaker 2: I asked Miguel Rojas about this, what you guys are on the verge of trying to accomplish making history. A lot of people weren't even born the last time a team won three in a row, but he said, you guys are embracing that and not shying away from it. Is that the way you've gone about it the last couple of years, and is that the way you guys have to approach it this year? Not shy away from success?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I mean I would say so, you know, having the hav an opportunity to win every year, you know, having those expectations, that's a blessing in itself. And then being able to We were ready to come through twice just to have this type of opportunity. I mean, people don't even get this opportunity, whether we do it or not. And so obviously we obviously we're embracing it and we know what's here. And it's not like it's, you know, anything, it's a huge thing. It's the history is so the only way to kind of get through that is just embrace and understand the battle and then figure out how to attack it.
Speaker 3: Muki.
Speaker 2: Everybody seems to always want to focus on individual numbers, but the reality is, ever since you came to the Dodgers, all they've done is win. How much pride do you take in that? Because when they trade it for you, that was the goal. And you're on a roll right now, even starting in twenty twenty. What does that mean to be considered a winner?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 7: Obviously that's why we play. You know, that's why we play. I want to be a winner. I mean obviously, you know, individual accolades are a great thing, right, but it doesn't mean anything unless unless you're winning, you know, and so you know, obviously hasn't been just me. You know, we've had some great teams here and they were winning before I got here. But you know, you know, with show Hey coming over, I mean you can argue that, you know, he's the number one reason why, which is amazing. He shoot, I'll take it, I'll take it. But you know, just being being what I feel like, I'm a winner and I feel like coming to winning organization with a lot of guys in here who are winners or aspire to be winners, it's just a really good match.
Speaker 2: A lot of these people don't remember or have short memories, but I remember your first spring training with the Dodgers, how you demanded guys to practice like it was the game. You had the jar and here you are, you got four or five different shortstop gloves, get ready to go before anybody else. Do you feel like that tone has been set again this spring?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Absolutely, I mean that's that tone I think since since then hasn't really hasn't really left. And so you know that's that's just kind of what it is. That's the way we'll we will get through this, uh, this history. This is how we'll create the history. It's just by taking every day, one one day at a time, one ground ball at a time, and making it to where we don't know the difference. I think that's the beauty of this team is we don't know the difference between pressure and no pressure, because if we view it all the same, it's the same. It's the same. So when it got down late in the season last year, it wasn't a panic. It wasn't like we needed to play harder or do this more. It was like, no, we just play our game. I mean, it's the same thing we've been doing all year. And so I think that was a beautiful, beautiful thing about that last year. And now just the culture we have.
Speaker 2: Hey, Mookie, speaking of all that, where you guys practice and then it shows up in Game seven of the World Series, what about in the NLBS against the Phillies, the whole wheel play? All that is the wheel play in practice in spring training? Or is that just instincts as the season goes on.
Speaker 7: That's just instincts. That's just instincts. We have a good veteran group here, and we've seen the game so much. We we know a lot of things about this game. And so that was just us kind of Doc trusting us to help him. You know, he helps us so much and puts us in so many spots to win, so that was our way to to kind of do it for him.
Speaker 2: All right, before I let you go, you got new tequila Providencia and also you got a new glove line. Can kids go out and buy that for the little league season?
Speaker 6: Yet?
Speaker 7: That that's two we can I can't. I can't talk about it just yet. You know, we'll h We've got a little time here. I'm just testing out some gloves right now. Let's just to see how it's going to play out. So stay tuned and I'll make sure you know.
Speaker 2: I feel like the real test would be a skinny, fat guy like myself if I could catch a baseball with your glove. I think it it's meant for everybody.
Speaker 7: We'll get you on and we'll find out.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, Hey, Mooky, great to see you. Awesome to have you back for this run. And man, it's not a Dodger season without MOOKI bets, that's for sure. And he's got that twenty one on the back of his end in spring training.
Speaker 5: Sick.
Speaker 7: It's sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I saw kursh with it when I first got here, so I always said I wanted one, and I got it, Yes, yes, sir.
Speaker 2: And you got rings more to come. Thank you, Mooky. There he goes, Mookie Bets. Appreciate the time, and that was early in the morning, mooki Bets, so since games have started, just to lay out what's happening here at camp in the morning, Mookie Bets and Miguel Rojas go out on field two before the meeting that starts at about eight thirty am. This is the same Mookie Bets that I saw and heard of in twenty twenty. We didn't see him a lot because he was always working, whether it was in the cave or on the field. This is a similar spring training to that one is first one with the Dodgers, him just continuing to get here early, putting in the work early, and then being able to do more work after the team meeting when guys go out for live BP and regular batting practice. But Mookie Betts has come to camp noticeably bigger, stronger, and certainly ready for this marathon to try to make history and go for the three peat. First time in twenty six years, second time in the last what fifty years? I mean, there's only two teams in the last fifty years that have gone for the three peat. That's the Oakland A's and the mid seventies and the Yankees from ninety eight to two thousand. Many of you were not born for either one of those. I wasn't born for the A's three peat in the mid seventies, and I know there's a lot of you listening that weren't born when the Yankees repeated twenty six years ago. Themselves in an opportunity to do, and that's make history to three peat in baseball. Many of you, your kids have never seen that happen before in their lifetime. And the Dodgers have that opportunity this season. And you heard what Mookie Bets had to say. The reason why they were able to execute the little things in Game six and Game seven is because number One, they're mentally tough. They don't put extra pressure on themselves. Number Two, they practice the way they play and it starts in spring training. And they have headed players. They have smart players, they have baseball players, they have guys that have high baseball IQs and guys that don't panic. A lot of these guys, we have to start recognizing this. A lot of these guys have been there now times and that's a huge advantage when the Dodgers play a team like the Blue Jays in Game seven, when the Dodgers play a team like the Yankees. I know the franchise has had twenty seven championships, but Aaron Judge had never played in the World Series before. That's a huge difference that the Dodgers will have going into the postseason. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number, And honestly, that was the difference in the NLDS against the Phillies. The Phillies made a lot of bad mistakes, nothing bigger than oriyan Keckering throwing the ball away on a comebacker to end the NLDS and the Dodgers win it at home. That was the difference in that NLDS. That was a lot closer than people give it credit for. There's a very good chance the Dodgers don't win that NLDS best of five against a one hundred plus win Phillies team if Yamamoto and Blake Snell and Taoscar Hernandez don't shock Philly in the first two games of that series. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. We have three lines open when we continue more of your phone calls eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. I'm not backing down. If I had to choose between Mookie Bed's career or Mike Trout's incredible career, I'm taking Mooki's career. He's had six Gold gloves, an MVP, and more importantly, four championship rings. I'm sorry that means more to me than three MVPs and five hundred home runs. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. And can you believe p Crow Armstrong has doubled down on his criticism of you Dodger fans. You'll hear what he had to say next right here on a five to seventy LA Sports. David Vasse live that Camelback Branching Glendale, Arizona with you until eight o'clock tonight here on a five to seventy LA Sports. Thanks again to Mookie Betts who took time out for us today. In case you missed that conversation, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. In case you missed it, the Dodgers did not have any of their regulars in the starting lineup today, and they still beat the Arizona Diamondbacks at Salt River Fields ten to seven to improve their record to five and zero. The Dodgers, who have only had basically one game of their regulars or the majority of their regulars in the lineup, and that was yesterday, have scored double digits three times this spring. So that just shows you, you know, not just so much about the Dodgers' offense, but which shows you just a huge drop off and quality pitching that these teams are thrown out there early on in spring training. Speaking of that, tomorrow, the Dodgers are going to be here at home with a spring training game. You'll be able to watch that on Sports and at LA at twelve o'clock. Our next broadcast right here or simulcast will be on Friday from Scottsdale Stadium Dodgers Giants for the first time this spring. Our coverage begins on Friday at eleven thirty with first pitch at twelve oh five, and on Friday night that will be our another Dodger Talk at seven o'clock from Scottsdale Stadium eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number before I let you hear Pete Crow Armstrong double down on taking shots at you. Let's go out to the phones. Philip in La. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Philip.
Speaker 3: Doing all right?
Speaker 10: Doing alright? I love the Mookie Bets Mike Trout discussion. It's uh, it's fun. And when you asked which career you'd rather have, I agree with you. I think Mookie's career is the one you'd want, primarily because he's been able to stay on the field. I think the most frustrating thing about Trout's career is that he just hasn't been able to physically be able to stay on the field. But I would I think you pointed out something a minute ago that is critical with Trout's career, and it's a fascinating debate as to if he'd made a different decision, or if something had different had happened in his life, had he been where Mookie was, had he played center field for Boston and then gone to the Dodgers, or if he had done what Showhey had done and left Anaheim and gone to Los Angeles. I mean, look at show Hay's career after he left Anaheim.
Speaker 2: I mean he just I mean Trout is that every freaking Eagles playoff game he had an opportunity to join Bryce Harper in Philadelphia and go to all the Eagles games he wants. I mean, Trout has been to more Eagles playoff games than he's played in in his career.
Speaker 10: That's point. I mean, ultimately, the single biggest factor in Trout's career is a choice he made to stay in Anaheim because he could have left, and what would his career have been had he left. He might have even stayed healthy had he left, but he chose to stay in an organization that didn't do well for him. And I don't dislike the Angels, but clearly it's not a good organization. They have not put players around him to help him reach his full potential. So yeah, you're right, Mukie's had a better career. But I do think I think.
Speaker 2: The question the better question, Philip, is the better question is which career would you choose?
Speaker 10: I want to win, so clearly you'd want Muki's career. There's a degree I would agree with you. There's no debate. You want to win at the highest level. I just think it's a sad thing when you I don't believe you've ever gotten to see what Trout could have done had he chosen to leave.
Speaker 2: I'm just a believer, Philip. There's certain winning players and then there's certain players that really I don't want to call uh losing players, because Mike Trout's not a losing player, but there's certain players that are winning players. And Mookie bats is a winning player. I'm not sure I could say that about Mike Trout because after what we've heard from Arty Moreno in the last week. If I'm Mike Trout and I care about winning, and winning right now is not something that's attainable in the organization's eyes. If I'm Mike Trout, I'm saying I want out. I want to win right If he cares about winning that much.
Speaker 1: I think I think.
Speaker 2: I think he's very comfortable. I think he's very comfortable in Anaheim and going under the radar.
Speaker 10: He's comfortable now. I think he was optimistic when he was younger.
Speaker 2: I that's I agree with that. I agree with that for sure. All right, Philip, thank you for the phone call. Great Thank you, Philip, great phone call. And look, Mike Trout's a hall of Famer, great career. I like I said, I think the better question is whose career would you choose? Would you choose to have Mike Trouts or would you choose to have Mookie betts career. I would choose and Philip would choose Mookie's career. Eight six, six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number. All right, here we go in case you missed it. I tried to back up Pee Crow Armstrong. We played his clip with me from twenty twenty four where he did give praise to Dodger fans and just playing at Dodger Stadium, and in the Chicago Magazine interview he took shots at Dodger fans saying that they're just there to take pictures. Well, today he was on foul territory and given the opportunity to clarify his comments, and he made it worse.
Speaker 8: I didn't get a chance to really, like like, back that statement up with the fact that that has nothing to do with Doc, that has nothing to do with show. Hey, any of the players over there. I love MOOKI Betts look up to him like crazy. Freddy's only ever been great to me. If anything, those are the guys that have given these fans a reason to be fans. And you know, I grew up going to Dodgers games when they weren't always good, when they had like Manny would pop up. But it's like they go in phases and and I remember, like you know, all fans fighting stuff like putting the Giants fan in the calmba like that stuck with me as a kid, like just little things, you know, and and sitting in the stands, just nasty stuff goes on. I didn't always experience that at other ballparks. But like I said, that has nothing to do with who's actually on the field for them. I love playing against them, and I love I just love what they're doing right now because they're they're creating a dynasty. But I want to take them down too, And and again I love it.
Speaker 10: All the people that are like for sports man, Robberries, let's go.
Speaker 2: Fade out, fade out. Pete Crow Armstrong, what are you doing? I tried to help you out last night, and now you double down and start to bring up the Brian Stone incident. I mean, come on, man, that is so low below the belt. And I got news for you. I see fights at a lot of stadiums, and quite honestly, I have known Dodger fans that were coming to Dodger Stadium around the time that you referenced many Wood, and it wasn't as safe of a stadium as it is now. I got news for you, and I know actual friends that refused to come back to Dodger Stadium because they felt like it wasn't safe around that period of time. Now I felt like that was an overreaction, but they came back a couple of years ago and they said, Dodger Stadium is night and day different than it was around that period of time that Frank McCourt owned the Dodgers, around a nine and ten. Dodger Stadium is one of the most family friendly stadiums now in baseball. Yes, of course, there's going to be overserved fans at a football game, at a basketball game, at a baseball game, and they're going to be idiots. You're telling me at Wrigley Field, where it's known for having daytime beers, there's no fights at Wrigley Field. PCA, really really, and you're contradicting what you said. You said basically, Dodger Stadium is a stadium that fans only go there to take selfies. Now you're saying that they're too intense and they start fights. Which one is it? It seems like you don't really know, and that's why you're sounding, quite frankly, not Phi Beta Kappa. So I mean, you had your chance, you doubled down, and now you're gonna hear when you come to Dodger Stadium. You're probably on the Fernando Tattoos junior list right now. I mean, that's that's the booze that you're going to get. And when you're in center field, you will hear those booze. And look, Dodger fans are going to let you hear it, because they're well within their rights to let you hear it. And I do not condone throwing anything that fans were thrown at Tattoos a couple of nl ds as ago. I thought that was horrible and I would never condone that. But fans can boo as loud as they want at p Crow Armstrong. He just doubled down and completely contradicted a what he said originally, and now he's going, you know, below the belt. In my opinion, let's go out to Andrew in La, You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi Andrew.
Speaker 3: David, I'll worry Ben, I'm doing good.
Speaker 2: I can't believe my guy PCA is doing this. He's going down this road.
Speaker 3: I am a big Dodger fan, huge, like I schedule my things. I got to do as a dad around him, so I don't miss a pitch. But I got to agree with him. Okay, So so onset, right, so kick me out to hear me out?
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, hold on, no, you hear me out really quick? Which part do you agree with? Because in the original interview he said, basically, Dodger Stadium is a tourist stadium where everybody just takes pictures. And now he's saying when he used to go to games, you know, he was there for many wood in the bad times, they went to the NLCS Anda And now he's saying that there's fights and he didn't feel safe. Do you think do you think Picrow Armstrong ever sat in the pavilion?
Speaker 3: Andrew, No, No, but but hear me out real quick on why I want to say what he's what I think he's trying to say. Okay, if you go to Dodger Stadium, Dodger Stadium. You know it's the Lakers show of the showtime, right. There's a bunch of business people around LA that buy season ticket They do in centers and they let their coworkers go, their colleagues go.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: When you sit below in the field level, you hear side conversations and it's never about the game. I've been to many different stadium when I travel to watch the Dodgers, and it's all baseball talk that I could agree with. When it's crucial situations, playoff time, we can't get handed. We get handed a rally talent to pump up our pictures, to motivate the hitters and all that. With two strikes, what are we doing. We're sitting down, faces loaded two strikes, well even one, you know first any we're sitting down. We're not there like to cheer on our boys in blue. It's like we're just there just because we got to pick it and we could take a selfie and post it on social media. That part I agree with him, But the comments he made today, he took it too far right. But I think what he was trying to say is that we're not involved in the game as much as other stadiums are. And it is because, yeah, I disagree with that.
Speaker 2: I think there's certain games that the fans are more engaged with. And I'm a believer that when a team is scoring runs, everybody's on their feet. They're excited. When you know things are dragging a little bit, and baseball's a great sport to hang out with your friends and talk and catch up and watch the game. That's how a lot of us do it, Andrew, and I don't begrudge anybody for doing that, especially before there was a pitch clock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as before a lot of people were saying like, oh, we sell out games, we win games. Yeah we do. But he's not referring to that, Andrew.
Speaker 2: Four million fans, and I think I think Dodger Stadium is pretty loud. You hear the Dodger players say that. And I travel with them, Andrew. I'm not trying to pull a John Ireland here to say I travel with them, just to say it. I travel with them. I go to other stadiums, and trust me, the atmosphere is not electric like it is at Dodger Stadium. Trust me. The reality is those seats behind home played and by the dugout are very expensive. You're right, those are business corporation seats for the most part. The fans that there are affordable tickets for fans in the field level, the loge level, the pavilion, the reserve level, And now, you know, I think I think part of it, Andrew. The Dodgers have done such a great job of building different things around the concourse where families can go and hang out if their kids are a little too wiggly, and and that center field plaza beer garden area. A lot of fans hang out there if they have seats in the reserve levels, so they're not actually in the bowl. And I think sometimes that works against what you're talking about.
Speaker 10: Yep, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: So I just wanted to just, you know, go ahead, come out there and say we got it. As Dodge fans can play off easy, we got to do a better job of beat in our seats light moment too.
Speaker 2: They how about all the fans that stayed for eighteen innings? Is anybody going to give Dodger fans that that credit.
Speaker 4: I'm one of them.
Speaker 3: I'm one of those.
Speaker 2: Okay, come on, Andrew, Come on, Andrew, that's a general statement. You and PC Air are making about Dodger fans. Come on, yeah, go go watch the Dodgers in Cincinnati or Pittsburgh. Tell me how that atmosphere is.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's a dead zone.
Speaker 2: Thank you all right, Andrew, thank you for the phone call. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. Sorry, I'm not buying that. Dodger fans are very knowledgeable, you know. The Cardinal fans get this. In my opinion, kudos for being the best fans in baseball, the smartest fans in baseball. I've never seen a crowd like I've seen at Bush Stadium. A fly ball to shallow left field and they get up like they think it's a home run. To me, that's not a smart fan base Let's go out to Vicki and La. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 4: Vicki, Hi David, it's I know you don't remember me, but I met you at Wrickley Field. I've seen you a few times at Dodger Stadium and I had to call when I heard that Andrew guy call say he was a Dodger fan, and he agreed with some of the comments. No, he is not a Dodger fan. I doubt he was there for that eighteen inning game like me and my family were. I actually fought Toronto fans leaving the game when during that eighteen inning game. And anyone who believes anything about those Dodger fans and what they think that is dangerous. It is not. I have grown up at Dodger Stadium. I grew up in the pavilions. I'm a season ticket holder, and he is not a true Dodger fan. I've been to wrigley Field, and I've been to the UB.
Speaker 2: To the just jealous that he doesn't have the tickets that are a little bit closer than where he sits. That's what it sounds like, VICKI and I can understand that. But the Dodgers have done a great job over the course of the last ten years where if you have top deck or reserve tickets, you don't have to be stuck up there. You can move down and get a better look from a different vantage point.
Speaker 4: I totally agree. I love actually sitting up on top deck. That's where I sit, and I have a lot of friends up there. But yes, you can move around. Dodger Stadium is a family friendly place, and anyone who doesn't feel that way or says they're a real Dodger fan and they think otherwise and they're not a real Dodger fan. I'm sorry, David.
Speaker 2: All right, VICKI thank you for the phone call. And look, I would say four million fans for the first time in Dodger Stadium history, first time in baseball history. I believe. Disagree with Pete crow Armstrong in his comments let's go out to Louis in Anaheim. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Louise.
Speaker 9: I'm doing well, best saying nice to talk to you. I'm a big fans thank you.
Speaker 2: Bigger fan of me than Pete crow Armstrong.
Speaker 9: Oh definitely, for sure, especially up to these comments. I do really like him. But I do got to say I've been a longtime Dodger fan, and I do remember the times when it was a little bit more violent, but nowadays it really is a lot more safe. Like I have a young daughter that I actually bring to the games. I brought her at three months old and she was totally happy to be there. And then for the comment he said about the pictures, I mean, of course, everybody's going to take pictures at the Stadium. You know, you're at Dodger Stadium with big all star names that people want to come see. Like I live in Anaheim, and I see what happens at Angels Stadium where people are not excited and it's not a static at all, Like like, Dodger Stadium is just the place to be. I've taken an uncle that lives in Mexico, the big where big baseball films at their big Dodger fans as well, and he literally cried he did not want to leave Dodger Stadium because of how emotional he felt there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on, it's a great place. It's the third oldest ballpark and the Dodgers have done a great job under Stancasten and Janner Marie Smith to make it more of a twenty first century modern ballpark even though it was built in nineteen sixty two. So I'm with you, Luis, and I'll leave you with this. I took my family to a game or got them tickets at Petco Park a few years ago, and we saw fights as I was taking them around. I sat with them for a few innings, and then when I left, I found out the person behind them sitting and their seats were in right field. The person sitting behind my wife and kids threw up because they were overserved. So come on, I mean, there are ridiculous people at every stadium that don't know how to handle themselves. So let's not just put this on one place or one sport. Picro Armstrong has no idea what he's talking about. I'll just put it at that, he has no idea what he's talking about, and he should probably shut his mouth moving forward when it comes to this. All right, that'll do it for us on Dodger Talk tonight. We'll be back with you on Friday with our pregame coverage at eleven thirty before first pitch between the Dodgers and Giants at twelve oh five, and we'll have Dodger Talk at seven o'clock. And we already have two guests lined up. Dave Roberts is going to join us and JD Martinez, America's DH is going to join us as well. Looking forward to that conversation, to be reunited with JD Martinez and to have Dave Roberts on Dodger Talk for the first time this spring. Thanks to Ronnie Foscio for all his help. Thanks to you for listening, and you are the greatest fans in baseball. I don't care what Picrow Armstrong has to say or anybody else. Dodger fans are the best. They come out loud and proud, and I'll see you at Opening Day and it will be electric coming up next Fox Sports Radio. Have a great rest of your night. See you