Speaker 1: Good morning, and welcome to the Mojo in the Morning show. Happy twenty twenty six. It is guys, and it is good to have everybody back, everybody healthy, everybody feeling Okay.
Speaker 2: We're not one hundred, but we're there.
Speaker 1: I feel like that hundred. I still got that cough. Any of us one hundred, I feel.
Speaker 2: I thought I was well.
Speaker 1: I had felt that I was not in a good place, like a day or two before we left for twenty twenty, whatever the heck it was, whatever the year was last year, before we left for the holidays, I started not feeling good. My throat started feeling scratchy, and then I started getting that horrible cough, and I realized that we are in a Petrie dish of sickness here at all times. This studio with the windows on it is literally a Petrie dish. We should actually have it. I think we're looking for a sponsor for twenty twenty six. We should have it be musenex or because this is the place where everybody is going to get sick at one way, shape or another. And everybody here on the show works their butt off, nobody takes sick days, all that stuff, But when your entire Christmas vacation is being sick. And that's how I spent the entire Christmas vacation. And the the interesting thing was I talked to my doctor and I said to my doctor, I go, I am not feeling great, and my doctor goes, well, enjoy it because you're going to have it for two to six weeks.
Speaker 3: I don't know how I think this is the first holiday and I'm not exaggerating.
Speaker 4: Here since I was born. And I hate to say this all oh that I.
Speaker 2: Don't say it.
Speaker 4: I feel so great. I feel so great.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm not joking.
Speaker 3: I'm either in the hospital, I have flu, A, flu, B flu T. I have them all in this year I had nothing.
Speaker 2: Did known in your house? Get it either?
Speaker 1: Nobody chinnin say the words have been overslept? How long tomorrow morning you are? The morning motto is never to ever talk about the last time that you ever overslapped, or tell anybody about the last time that you're sick.
Speaker 3: I couldn't believe it, though. Honestly, every year I'm so so so sick.
Speaker 5: I'm usually in the hospital. Yeah, that's the kind of year you're gonna have. That's all that is that's an example of great things coming.
Speaker 2: You're with. Well, you know what we need though.
Speaker 5: You know some bathrooms you go into and there's two light switches. One is for the light, the others like for the ventilation system when people take.
Speaker 2: Pools and they need to let you take it. We need one of those in the studio. We need one of those fans.
Speaker 1: Any problem is most of those fans pretty much don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: It makes you feel better.
Speaker 1: They fan right to the next bathroom that is right next door. All right, you know what I want to talk. I want to talk. We're gonna start this off. I want to talk about sick cations. Is there anybody that has ever had this happen to them? Because I got sick over vacation. Poor Zach Zach was you know in his Petri dish of his what is it, Zach, six hundred square foot one bedroom apartment that you got there? Bacteria? Bacteria? Yeah, I didn't, Zach, Zach. You probably have the black mold somewhere in there too.
Speaker 6: I was dying. No one reached out to me. You just want to point that out.
Speaker 4: You need to ask personally.
Speaker 6: But also I had the time that I watched all the Stranger Things, amazing, all of it. So I spent ten hours a day watching a whole season. Yeah, and it was just it was a great time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think sickness for Landman watched that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was that was my That was my vacation.
Speaker 6: Every video I saw of Joe or Chelsea that they posted Mojo was just on the couch past.
Speaker 1: Out Christmas, even Christmas Day, I was by myself. They all they all were enjoying themselves and doing their thing. And yeah, I Chelsea slept on a couch.
Speaker 2: I slept. Actually at one point it was, hey, we're going to get you a hotel room. It was that bad.
Speaker 1: That bad, And I don't think they were gonna put me in a nice hotel room. I got a feeling they were gonna put me in something that might have been like, I don't know, like the one hour motels.
Speaker 2: Basically me and the hookers hanging out with each other.
Speaker 4: That actually so much content.
Speaker 2: That's penaicillin right there.
Speaker 1: Eight four four Mojo Live eight four four six six six five four eight is our telephone number. Have you ever ruined your vacation by being sick or what was the thing because I was the biohazard in my family over the holiday break and they're saying, thank you, Kevin.
Speaker 2: I'm calling you.
Speaker 5: Listen, man, at least you were sick on vacation. I don't know if that's better or worse. I would probably Well, that's that's a tough one because having to come to work sick sucks. At Least you didn't have to wake up at four in the morning and like have to do a show while you're coughing and hacking.
Speaker 2: Well, do you remember, was it last year or two years ago? There was? It was.
Speaker 1: It was one of those years that a former member of the Mojo in the Morning show was sick the two weeks prior to the two weeks that we normally get off, they were gone for a month.
Speaker 2: Was out of town.
Speaker 1: Okay, well Courtney, differently, what's going on, Courtney?
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 7: Good morning, Welcome back. I'm so happy you guys are back because I listened to every morning and my kids go back to school and I don't have to put headphones in and I can just listen to you and get everything done in the morning, and I just love it. But we had a rough, rough Thanksgiving and Christmas so we had flu a going around. My sister lives across the street with her three kids. We have three kids. Flew a going around Thanksgiving, so we had to cancel Thanksgiving, and then for Christmas we had flu bee going around, so we had to cancel Christmas Eve. We didn't do anything really fun over the holiday because we both families had flu bee going around. So Christmas Day it would kind of relaxed her. She's okay over because we had both flu beee going around, but we we didn't see Santa this year. We didn't go look at Christmas lights. It wasn't our typical Christmas. It was still nice, but everyone.
Speaker 2: Has flu and then when did flu sea come? Is this ABC?
Speaker 7: I mean basically that's what it feels like.
Speaker 2: Is that New Year's? Is that? How did you feel on New Year's? Because nobody cares about New Year's anyways.
Speaker 7: No, I mean, we have young kids, so we tried to fake they're well, they're older, a little bit older now, so they know midnight is actually midnight. But they tried to fake it early. But I mean everyone was still by that point, everyone was still recovering from flubee, so it was still kind of miserable, but it was also kind of I mean, even though everyone was sick, it was kind of nice not to go run around crazy this Christmas. But it was fat for the kids because they're like, what about cookie making? And we're like, oh, yeah, I don't know, Santy really wants this kind of cookies this year.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 1: You know, normally it's like such a great time to be excited about the food and like the dessert and all the rest of that stuff. All I wanted the entire time was musin X and chicken noodle soup. That's all I want. And I was coughing like NonStop. And the worst part of this particular illness that you have is you don't know when it's going to happen, and then all of a sudden it starts, and it starts at a time where you're out in a public place, like where you're somewhere that you you know, like I was in the drive through of Starbucks. I was going to get like a medicine ball, and all of a sudden, I get up to the window. It's like, you know what I mean, and you're coughing. The person's like looking at you like, get away from me. What's up, Sophia?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 9: How are you guys?
Speaker 2: Hey, we're doing okay.
Speaker 1: We're talking about going on vacation and getting sick or something bad happening to you.
Speaker 9: Boy, do I have a story for you? Guys. So we had gone, me and my man, we had gone to Cancun together this past year and it was a nice trip. He he planned all by himself. We were so excited. We're both raving about how we both never get sunburned. Okay, and we go right into you know, vacation mode. First day, we're like, we gotta you know, layout in the sun no on screen, exactly the opposite of what the doctor ordered, right. We both get completely sie and the rest of our trip we are sitting there charred and we can very move which list We're in the health cael room most of the trips, and it is just, oh my gosh. We actually did not get Sun's poisoning. But I when I tell you, like, I was a personal heater like.
Speaker 4: The last time Sun voice and it was the worst.
Speaker 3: I was in a sweatshirt and sweatpants for the entire trip because your your body.
Speaker 4: Is trying to cool itself, interrupting, that's your normal voice.
Speaker 2: Sophia is like, I just had.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, loud mouth.
Speaker 2: Both turn the light.
Speaker 7: Was supposed to This is how it's supposed to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really, and why.
Speaker 8: Is it that?
Speaker 1: Why is it that the the sunburn happens the day number one of one of these vacations and then you're stuck And what is it that they say they rub aloe or something like that?
Speaker 9: Doesn't it does not every motion in the book we had. Oh and by the way, oh my gosh, they totally get you at the resorts, because we were seeing at a resort, you guys, and in the gift shop we would go in my Liver's like, Okay, I'm gonna go get us like every you know treatment ever tell me why, like those alo vera whatever is in the store for that sunburn whatever. It's like, yeah, when it's like ten on the Amazon if you had gotten at home. But we're like, it's just so funny because you got cocky, and the universe was like, oh really, you guys on sunburn, watch this you just sidelight listen.
Speaker 1: I will say this to you too when you're away. And we were we were down in Florida. All you want is your home, And I know it doesn't sound like that. Like I know, you sit there and you think yourself, there is no way that you want the what do they call it? The bomb cyclone or whatever the heck they called the thing that we had here?
Speaker 2: What was Yeah? Did you hear about that? How do you know that you were here? We had a bomb cyclone? I was here too.
Speaker 4: I didn't leave for even one day.
Speaker 2: That was it a week ago?
Speaker 1: When it went crazy with the snow and they had to close down the airport. It was called a bomb cyclone. You guys, You guys definitely don't pay attention to you. I watched you didn't watch.
Speaker 4: It shows from start finished?
Speaker 1: Call me, call me if you heard of the bomb cyclone. I guarantee you heard of it. What's up, Sarah? How you doing?
Speaker 2: I missed the bomb cyclone? What's going on?
Speaker 9: Sarah?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 7: Good morning? How are you guys doing this morning?
Speaker 2: Happy to be back? We love you, We love being back. What's going on?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 7: I'm driving in my car.
Speaker 4: I want to know why did you play that music?
Speaker 7: Because I thought a semi trunk was boring on at me?
Speaker 2: Well, that lady was some music came on.
Speaker 5: It came on like.
Speaker 1: And I hugged my shoulders and jumped out.
Speaker 9: What.
Speaker 2: Kind of music are you hearing in your car? That was sexy music. That was sexy sex.
Speaker 7: As soon as it started off, it went.
Speaker 2: Sarah, And it's not like, were you driving it all? Sarah? During the bomb cyclone last week?
Speaker 1: I was, yeah, but you were? You saw that? You heard about it, right, the bomb cyclone?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 8: I didn't hear about it.
Speaker 2: Nobody to hear about the goddamn bombs.
Speaker 3: Did you get on a YouTube channel from like twenty twenty two there was a bomb cyclone?
Speaker 2: I was watching talk about the bomb cyclone? What's up, James? How you doing doing good?
Speaker 8: Just waiting to clock in to work and get started for the day.
Speaker 2: What's happening, buddy?
Speaker 8: Just chilling?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did you hear about the bomb cyclone?
Speaker 8: Oh? Yeah, I heard about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See were you out in it at all? Yep?
Speaker 8: And I had to drive the work in it.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, these guys are good. Shannon really enjoyed her vacation.
Speaker 2: What did you do? You stay in the place your house all days?
Speaker 3: Stayed in my house and rested and watched beast in me and all her fault and west.
Speaker 2: So you just thought it was a normal snow. Yeah, it was a bomb cycle.
Speaker 8: They don't watch their weather.
Speaker 2: No, it was crazy.
Speaker 4: I checked out from everything and it was lovely.
Speaker 8: You guys take up for work and go outside, like, what the heck is going on out here?
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I woke up this morning there was snow on the ground. I it must have snowed overnight in my neighborhood. What's going on, Dallas? How you doing?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 6: I did hear about the bombs clac cloaths.
Speaker 2: I told you crazy.
Speaker 6: I was gonna let you feel crazy for a little bit, but you're not crazy.
Speaker 1: Thank you for not making me feel crazy, Dallas. I'm telling you it was crazy. I will say this. The one thing I will tell you about being sick is we were down in Florida. Throughout the time that I was sick. I missed what was probably some of the colder weather that we've had. I thought we had we had a crazy We didn't even have a white Christmas. Chelsea was so pissed because I said, we're not going to stay here for Christmas. We're going to Florida for Christmas. And she was like, I don't want to go to Florida. I like, you know, being in a white Christmas. We had no white Christmas, but we had a white New Year's. She missed the bomb cyclone. She missed the bomb cyclone. Kevin, I'm telling you she was very sad about the bomb cyclone. What's going on, Courtney High?
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 3: I don't know how they didn't hear anything about this bomb cyclone.
Speaker 7: It was windy as hell.
Speaker 2: All Kevin watches is Lebron video I lived. I just never referred to as my headline.
Speaker 5: My parents are down in Florida for the winter, and they kept calling me, do you.
Speaker 9: Have everything secure? Does everything put away?
Speaker 7: Blah blah?
Speaker 8: Do you have groceries?
Speaker 7: I'm like, you guys, look like we're getting twelve feet of snow.
Speaker 1: It was on bomb cyclone. They never closed Metro airports. They closed it twice over the holidays.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wasn't going anywhere.
Speaker 2: There you go.