Speaker 1: Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon. Roundtable Show live from Longnecks and Wilder, presented by Postman Law. Brought to you in part by Honda East and Honda East Power Equipment Dealer. Skyline Chilly Feeling Good. It's Skyline time. R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider, your tri state Chevy Dealers, Chevrolet the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for the past nine years. Chevrolet Together, Let's drive, Postman Law Injured Call eight four four, Postman Others Promised Postman Delivers and by Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon five one three five one three, toph On seven hundred WLW the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 2: Anyway we Go.
Speaker 3: Second hour of two underway tonight at Longnecks in Hebern. Are set up for the next five weeks. At the round Table show, Lance Pacallister, Rocky Boyman, Let's Talk Bearcats number seventeen in the country, winners of seven straight hitting the road for a Saturday night showdown at number twenty four Utah. From around that the man from Bearcat Journal dot Com, Chad brindle. How are you.
Speaker 2: I am currently talking to you and cooking up some carne asada nachos.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, some of this one.
Speaker 3: I'll pick up some of those on the way home.
Speaker 2: Time. I just stopped. I mean, I'm on your leg.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, let's jump into it big one Saturday night, no Evan Pryor explained this significance and how the slack might be picked up or handled without him.
Speaker 2: He's clearly important, and that he's one of the things I think that maybe hasn't been talked about enough this year, the way that he has transformed his game. He was almost strictly a home run hitter last year. He's giving you more between the tackles. He's been super effective, and he's been able to hit some of those those long runs. They're gonna miss him, obviously, But in a game like this with a defense that's as physical as Utah, I'm not upset at the thought of Tywie Walker getting more touches. I just think his style, his ability to absorb some of that contact that that Utah wants to lay on you. Seeing him get more touches I don't necessarily think is a bad thing. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets most of Evan Pryor's carries. I think, you know, Chance Williams is probably the first guy in line to get some of those touches. And then Manny Covey is another one that I think, you know, potentially you could see him in the mix as well.
Speaker 4: So I was this week Brendan Soorsby named to the Davy O'Brien class at twenty five. Just talk about I mean, again, as someone who's watched him, maybe more than anybody has, what he was when he came here last year, you know, a good season, not spectActor, but then how he's gotten to this point where, I mean, he's one of the top quarterbacks in the nation.
Speaker 2: You know, it's incredible, Rocky. This is I don't know that I've ever seen someone move past this. You know what we talked about a lot last year, and we talked about Brendon Sorosby gunslinger right right out there, just big arm, firing the ball around, maybe a little reckless at times. He's been like the least reckless quarterback in the country this year. That transformation from him has been unbelievable. He has thrown some balls away this year that last year, he would have tried to fit in the tight spot. He would have put his receiver in a bad place, you know, taking a chance, see the ball pop up in the air and next thing you know, the other team. He's got a killer. To go back to that West Virginia game last year, he cost him the game and to see the maturation a lot of it, like and they're not people aren't wrong when they say this that the weapons are a big reason he's transformed. I completely agree with that. But Brendan Soresby has transformed as a quarterback. That's spreading it around. He's hitting the open man. He's not forcing things, he's not putting his team, you know, his defense in a bad situation like that. Have you ever seen that rock? Have you ever seen a guy that had that gunslinger label that all of a sudden just it's not considered that anyway.
Speaker 4: I agree with you because I've seen quarterbacks can can repair flaws. Usually if you're a gun slinger, you're a gun slinger, and you're gonna live and die by that. And just kind of coach goes, well, he's gonna throw three interceptions, but if he throws five touchdown passes, we live with it. Yeah, that's usually not a quality you kind of grow out of. That's usually your identity, and that's it's amazing that he's been able to correct.
Speaker 3: That, all right, how he's remarkable. How do you feel about this Bearcat defense against a Utah run game, piling up two and sixty seven yards a game on the ground.
Speaker 2: Well, make no mistake since that he's going to give up some yards. We know that. I think it's super important early that they're able to limit that because if you can get up on Utah. We saw Texas Tech do at Uyu stayed kind of right with them, you can have some success. If you let them march down the field on a twelve play seventy five yard drive to open the game and then you go three and out, they're up seven to nothing with the ball, you're in trouble. Like they they play a lot of six offensive linemen. Uh, they have a tight end that was a defensive line to start the season. They converted him to tight end. He's like six five, three hundred and thirty pounds and just crushes people nice. So they want to be physical, they want to push you around. The key for me on that is you've got to get up. If you can get up seven ten points on them and make them even a little bit more of a passing team, then you're gonna save your defense some If this defense is in a situation where Utahs up seven ten points, they're gonna run right at you four or five like almost like a service academy. We're gonna run at you four five, six yards of pop and you're not gonna be able to do anything about it. So game flow is super important here because if they're playing from behind, you can make them uncomfortable. If they're playing from ahead in that environment with that crowd, the Bearcats are in big trump.
Speaker 3: In twin Peak, Junior named a semi finalist for the Thorpe Board this week, is the top defensive back in the country. Chat for those unaware or maybe not in full appreciation of his journey, just kind of deliver the cliff notes version of where I in Twin Peak Junior was upon arrival and where he is now in this program.
Speaker 2: I mean a walk on, you know, probably a walk on that gets some consideration because of how great his dad was here and this isn't he had a great high school career, but he didn't project as a starting power for safety at any point in his career. Do you think maybe a guy like that, you know, usually what do they turn into, like a special teams captain, a guy that you know helps you in the margins, but maybe it isn't necessarily like a front line player. It happened fast when he got here. You could see immediately like he was going to be someone that they relied on on special teams early in his career. And then every time they kept putting him out there at safety, he kept making play and kept making plays, and he forced his way onto the field. And you got to give the kid a ton of credit because that is not an easy path to walk at this level, to come in as a walk on, even with some of those you know, advantages because of his dad, he has earned it and he has put in the work and he has you know, he's been one of those guys walk on. He's like, you're trying to recruit over him, right, Like let's just be honest, like, all right, we like this guy, but then he's a walk on. He's got that moniker. We need to go out, we need to get a star. They can't get Anteline Peak off the field, and he he is he is really with his physicality, his ability to help in the run, his ability to create turnovers. He's just had an outstanding career so far.
Speaker 3: All Right, huge one Saturday, then the tip off to basketball on Monday. You guys have got it all covered at Bearcat Journal dot com. Tell them what they can find and how they can find it.
Speaker 2: He can hands the great new feature every week that I really love that stock up stock down. He's putting a bunch of video in there now, breaking down plays, letting fans know exactly why things went right, what went wrong, who's uh, who's playing well, who's not playing well. That's one of my favorite new features that we've been focusing on this year. A ton of podcasts. I might have got Wally tipped last night. Oh I had. I had some some family stuff and I couldn't last minute, I couldn't make the podcast. Keegan filled in for me last night, and it's like, might be Kean on Wednesday night, So I might have Wally pit myself last night. Time.
Speaker 3: Well, at least you have a good meal tonight, just offset at all?
Speaker 2: How's that? Yeah? I mean carne asada, nachos, who go wrong with that. To give you a tip, yeah, give me a yeah, yeah yeah. Have you been to the Mexican market in Erlanger yet?
Speaker 3: I have not. I'm writing this down.
Speaker 2: It's right in front of Putt Putt. You know where Putt Putt is. Yeah, it's right there on Dixie Highway. It's right in front of Putt Putt. They have the most amazing already like marinated out pastoor pork with pineapples and onions already in it. All you got to do is take it home, fried up, put it on taco check that place out. You will thank me later. I've never failed you. Want to reckoll.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say, I have learned to take any and all food advice from you, So thank you, noted. Have a great weekend, all right, thanks henych Chad Bredel, Bearcat Journal talking Bearcats each week at this time. And because we're down an hour tonight into two hours, we'll make that our college football weekend preview Tonight presented by Kelsey Chevrolet. Check out my guys, kelseyship dot com. Stop buying Lawrence Burg. Tell him I said hi, They'll take care of you at Kelsey Chevallet. We'll take a time out and come back. The hot topic around the NFL, the Bears and more to get to He's Rocky on Lance. We're at long next end, hebrin. It's the Roundtable Show. It's brought to you in part by Hocksworth Blood Centers. Hawksworth Donors save lives close to home. Who will you say on seven hundred WLW