Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 5: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, Tam Cats.
Speaker 7: Well, Hi everybody, and welcome in to mol Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. No, it is not Groundhogs Day. It's a day night doubleheader for your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers, a day portion already in the books. Is the Dodgers now sixty three and thirty six on this season, first place atop the NL West. They've currently got a twelve and a half game lead into the division. As they go into the night portion of this day night double header. Will Klein we'll get the start as the opener for the Dodgers as he will be part of a bullpen game for the Dodgers and the Yankees also going with an opener and Ryan Yarborough the former Dodger. First pitch from the Bronx is coming up at four twenty. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morago Casino Dodgers on deck. We're gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts that's coming up in just a little bit. Will preview this pitching matchup on what is a bullpen game for both the Dodgers and the Yankees.
Speaker 5: David vas San's gonna go one on one well with one of.
Speaker 7: The good guys covering the game of baseball, John Hayman from the MLB Network's been covering baseball a long time across the country. We'll get a national perspective from John Hayman coming up in about forty five minutes.
Speaker 5: We got your Dodgers magical moment.
Speaker 7: Shortly, Kirsten Watson will check in from sports net LA and in just a few minutes we will head out to the Calpin fod broadcast both with Steven Nelson and a Rick Monday.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 7: The Dodgers in the day portion of this double header turn the ball over to Yoshino Yamamoto, who was absolutely fantastic. Yamamoto a complete game four hitter, struck out seven, did not walk a single batter as he threw one hundred and two pitches on his way to a victory. Meanwhile, the Dodgers offense gave him run support to work with, and that's been something Yamamoto has not gotten a lot of run support in the last few seasons. Today he got a plenty of it at Yankee Stadium and started in the third show, Hey Otani and RBI doubled to right that got the Dodgers on the board one to nothing.
Speaker 5: Then two batters later, Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 2: One to two and Freddy with a base hit into left center field. Old Tani's coming home and he will score. Freddie Freeman behind in the count but on first base with an RBI knock to double the Dodger lead.
Speaker 7: Freddy Freeman went with the RBI single off the middle as the Dodgers with a two to nzing lead to RBA number fifty for Freddy.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers up two to nothing.
Speaker 7: In the fourth, though, Yamamoto surrendered a solo home run to Trent Grisham, but then he was back to Cruz and retiring twelve to the next thirteen batters that he faced. Meanwhile, the Dodgers offense got going. Andy Pajez in the fifth a C and I doubled the rights.
Speaker 5: That helped the Dodgers at three to one lead.
Speaker 7: Then the eighth Inny something we're so used to seeing with this Dodgers team up three to one, already an insurance run across. In the eighth inning they put up one of those crooked numbers up on the scoreboard, and it all started with Asker.
Speaker 8: The one to.
Speaker 2: Zero Hernandez flies one do the right field side running toward the line is Schumann diving attempt in it drops in fair territory, that's a fair ball, and it bounces into the seats for an automatic double. Monthy scores and there's one insurance run. And remember Moe Max Munsey with the pop up into the foul territory third base. McMahon couldn't see it it drop months he not only reaches, now he scores.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 7: The Dodgers will take advantage of the sun there in the Bronx on this Sunday afternoon, and there the Dodgers a four to one lead. Then two batters later, Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 2: Another payoff from Bird. Edmund hits it on the ground base hit right field. Tucker scores. He'll be a green light for tail. He'll come in without a play. Tommy Edmund delivers a two run knock here in the eighth to make it sixty one Dodgers.
Speaker 8: Oh, the numbers aren't lying. The fifty second at bat with bases loaded in his career, he delivers well.
Speaker 7: Tommy Edmund delivered. That is for sure, scoring too. Dodgers up six to one, and they weren't done. Show Hey O Totty. A single to write Dalton Rushing came across the score. Dodgers up seven to one. Freddie Freeman is sack fly at the center. It would score Edmond. As the Dodgers in the eighth inning scored five runs. Eleven different batters went to the plate as they bust open with an eight to one lead. Anthony Volpi and RBI single off of Yamamoto in the eighth innings gave across the run and that would make it two for the Yankees. But other than that, it was a pre magical day for Yamamoto, who navigated through eight innings without giving up another run until that jatchi Ism lead off fly ball in the sun. Then Chisel later score the Anthony Volpe single, Yamamoto gets the win as the Dodgers get the victory eight to two over the New York Yankees, as Yamamoto improves to ten and six on this season, and for Yamamoto, his third career complete.
Speaker 5: Game, his first in the regular season.
Speaker 7: He has done it twice in the postseason, most recently did it last year in Game two of the World Series against the Toronto Blue Jays. Yamamoto's complete game the first for a Dodger since June twenty sixth, twenty twenty four, and the Dodgers will take it. With a bullpen game coming up in this night portion of the day night doubleheader from the Bronx, Will Climb will be the opener first coming up in four twenty and with more, Let's head out to the galloping for him broadcast booth as we say hello once again to Steven.
Speaker 5: Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys, All right, Tim back like we never left because we didn't moll the Dodgers and Yankees getting ready to finish two, not just play two, and the Dodgers trying to sweep the Yankees here in the Bronx. What a performance Yoshinobu Yamamoto his first regular season complete game. Of course, Dodger fans remember him going the distance twice in last year's run to a second straight World Series championship, but he was brilliant today.
Speaker 8: It was absolutely off the charts and the fact that he was able to go as long as he did with that complete game, and yeah, he was very efficient obviously, one hundred and two pitches. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, we talked about the number of pitches that the Dodger hitters looked at in today's game, two hundred and two. So they were very selective. They hit when they needed to. There was some defense, it was mixed in, But for Yamamoto, he was really the story. I mean, just two runs on the four hints, he struck out seven did not walk about her. He attacked the strength zone and got one big double play on top of it. He's really inspiring to be able to watch because he is very technical about his delivery and he wanted the ball in the ninth then he for the complete game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's what separates Yamamoto in our eyes.
Speaker 1: Mow.
Speaker 2: This is an era where Major League Baseball has a lot of people clamoring for the return of the starting pitcher.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: If you want more eyeballs back, then you need that appointment viewing again like you've had in generations pass where now Yoshinobu Yamamoto, that's what he does because every fifth to sixth day, every time he's on the getting ready to take a turn, you can circle his name on the calendar. You know he's going to take the ball every time, and he's going to run with it deep into a game. I think that's a really important separator for him among the rest of his you know, colleagues of pitchers in the game.
Speaker 8: Well, we can talk, you know, for a long time about that. I think the other part of it, too, is aware. I have said this about good pictures for years and years. Good pictures also read swings of hitters. They're good observers on what the technical thing is. Well, okay, this guy report is X, Y and Z, But this guy's not taking you a good swing at this picture. That picture a certain zone and he just basically finds a flaw in the swing and he worked with it. He said. Hitters up magnificently in what we saw in game one of this double header.
Speaker 2: He's a master. He's a maestro, a surgeon, a technician, however you want to describe him. Yema mode is that And I think the bigger thing all is now we know turn the page ahead to this final game in the series. Him going the distance preserves the Dodger bullpen when they knew going into that first game, Game two is going to be a bullpen game. So everybody in the pen, and you add in Kyle Hurd's the twenty seventh man today for the Dodgers, they're all fresh.
Speaker 8: Well, they're fresh. And one thing about the bullpen, they had to work hard today because they were working on their son Tan in the bullpen. Unfortunately, the sun was out. Some problems with the sun a little bit on the defensive end of it. But I thought the way the Dodgers played we had two games now coming off the All Star Break, the Dodgers, as we've talked about it, did not play well, particularly in the last three games prior to the break. Well, the two games post break, they have played with electricity. They have played for a point of contact. And this is a ball club. Now they're gonna play game number one hundred of the season here This evening.
Speaker 5: Hard to believe, but we're ready for it.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers have a chance to sweep the Yankees here in the Bronx. A couple of bullpen games. Will Klein will open for the Dodgers. An old friend Ryan Yarbro will open for the Yankees. We'll be back a little bit later TC with a key from mo.
Speaker 7: All right, thank you, Nelly, as we can. You down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get that game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza, chicken and mojos right now at Shakys dot com. Hey, maybe you're watching the FIFA World Cup Championship game.
Speaker 5: It's over extra time.
Speaker 7: Congratulations to Spain, who defeats Argentina one nil to win their second ever World Cup championship. Last time they did it, they beat the Netherlands, won nothing an extra time in South Africa back in twenty and ten. So congratulations to Spain. You're twenty twenty six World Cup champions. Now all live back on the diamond for baseball. Sunday Night Baseball Dodgers and Yankees from the Bronx is coming up. So it leads up to first bitch, thanks for being with.
Speaker 5: You with us.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim Kas's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio Nowork.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game.
Speaker 1: On your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers and Yankees the night portion of the day night double edit. Dodgers won the first game eight to two behind Yoshinobu yamamotos complete Game four a hitter. It'll be a bullpen game. We will Klon serving as the opener for Dave Roberts. First pitch from the Bronx coming up in four twenty.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewide the O one.
Speaker 2: Oltani cracks it to right field, running after its Schumann. It is over his head, pops off the warning track and then off the front of the Yankee bullpen freen light for Edmund coming around from first.
Speaker 5: The relay from.
Speaker 2: Chisholm is late Harbi double show. Hey old Tani one melting Dodgers in the Bronx the one oer Oltani wins it in the right field. He's got another hit. Rushing's gonna race in and score. Oltani drives in his second run of the ball game. And it's now seven to one.
Speaker 7: LA show hey Otani RBI double in the third to get the Dodgers on the board, and then show hey Otani with an RBI single in the eighth Innyan part of a five run eighth Innian for the Dodgers as they sent eleven batters to the plate on their way to an eight to win over the Yankees.
Speaker 3: This is Kirston's core there with Kirsten Watson and Kirson.
Speaker 7: Now joins is brought to by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of that old car. Donate today, your car can be picked up tomorrow. That easy donating now at Carsfurkids dot org. That's Cars with a K A doubleheader Game two coming up. Kirs in Game one was all about Yamamoto. A complete game, what a performance it was.
Speaker 10: It was incredible, and you know what when you have a match, when you know that you're going to have a doubleheader. The hope was originally only and we talked about it that you Yama Moto with someone who can easily provide length. He's very consistent when it comes to that. So while you said, ask maybe him to get through seven, help protect the bullpen we knew it was going to be a bit of a picture's duel with him and Cam. So with him, we knew it was going to be a picture's duel, and so ultimately for Alamoto to throw a complete game, he was absolutely excellent. Obviously there was something and this, but the biggest thing was that there was a lot of soft contact. So I think just for what who's able to do. He obviously sets things up for game two on the double head tonight. But yeah, no, it feels like every time we've been at a Yankee stadium when it comes to Yoshinobu, he's like just put on a performance for us all to witness.
Speaker 7: No doubt, he was fantastic today, only needed one hundred and two pitches to get through the nine innings, and he got some offense when he needed it. As the Dodgers get to win in game one of this day night doubleheader, and both teams here in the night portion go with bullpen.
Speaker 10: Games, Yeah exactly, So we knew that going into that was going to be the plan, with of course the conversation of you know, pushing Emma Chihan to have the start on Monday in Philadelphia with obviously the news of Joe Hilltana no longer taking his start on Wednesday, so going to.
Speaker 1: Be a bullpen game.
Speaker 10: And I mean the beautiful thing for the Dodgers is the bullpen literally was not touched this morning, so that's going to be huge for them. The fact that they're fully stocked with Will Klein setting the tone and they've got their twenty seventh player and Kyle Hurt so only good things for them. And then obviously for the Yankee side, they had to use some of their key bridge arm. So we did see a situation where now the Dodgers have seen quite a few of their guys. Uh, so it should be a chess line. So hopefully they saved a little extra you know, run support for the bullpen that they did for your Shnoblu this afternoon.
Speaker 7: No doubt, would be nice to get out of the Bronx with the sweep of the Yankees and off to Philadelphia.
Speaker 5: Kirsten, We appreciate it. We'll check in with you tomorrow.
Speaker 7: As we leads up to first pitch here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck coming up, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David mesagos One on one with John Hayman from the MLB Network. But up next an injury report and we'll hear from manager Dave Roberts. It's all coming up as we leads up to Dodgers and Yankees Game two of this day night doubleheader. First pitch at for twenty. I'm Tim Katz is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 1: On your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 7: Brongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Sunday afternoon. He leads up to first pitch Dodgers and the Yankee. He's the night portion of this Day Night doubleheader Marogo Casino Resort and Spa, a Grand Slam for good times. Will kleinb will be the opener for the Dodgers first pitch coming up at four twenty.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 7: Present of my UCLA Healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Will Smith on the il with the neck inflammation. He has shut down baseball activities for the week. Keiky Hernandez is on a rehab assignment in Triple A, Oklahoma City, working his way back from a left oblique injury.
Speaker 5: Tyler Glass.
Speaker 7: Now on the IL with the lower back spasms, he is throwing it off the flat ground. Blake trying it on the IL with the right elbow inflammation. Blake Snell on the sixty day IL was the surgery. We're removing those bodies from his throwing elbow. He pitched last night in Triple A Oklahoma City, didn't allow a running in inning and a third of work through nineteen of his thirty two pitches for strikes, and the big left hander struck out four batters, issued a walk, a hit. He was averaging ninety five miles per hour on his fastball and generated ten of fifteen swinging whiffs in his outing. So Blake Snell a couple more ramp ups as he gets looking back to join this Dodgers rotation in a few weeks. All right, let's head back out to the Bronx. After the Dodgers eight to two win over the Yankees, the manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was huge. You know, you're talking about six in a row doubleheader, so to not have to go to our bullpen in game one, you get an extra arm and Kyle hurt. So on the run prevention side the arms will feel good. But Yoshi was really good. I mean, I think you see schlitter at first inning and you see the velocity the stuff strikes out the side. And for Yoshi to come back and do what he did and to perform what he did, that's why he's our ace.
Speaker 10: And you looked at just exactly how he navigated through this lineup. What would you say kind of was the key to getting that soft contact and obviously limiting his pitch count.
Speaker 11: Command He had really good command today, the fastball command, the cutter in on the lefties, the low dart, the split was really good today and you could just so you know, he made the one mistake to Grisham where he tried to go backdoor and kind of yanked it a little bit, but outside of that he was really good.
Speaker 9: Point did you start thinking he might go to the sentence?
Speaker 11: You know, his pitchcount was so good the entire game, and you know, once I felt, you know, we got to that seventh inning and we tacked on some runs, I felt, you know, he could get us through the seventh, and then he had a good seventh and it just felt like he could finish his game and so again, you know, thinking about where his pitch count was at, the stress where that was at, and also knowing that we've got another game, you know, in a few hours.
Speaker 8: Days he's efficient.
Speaker 1: Who were kind of going back to like the playoffs last year?
Speaker 8: But what does he do differently to vehicle work as quickly as he does.
Speaker 9: I think he gets.
Speaker 11: Strike one and I don't know the percentage today, but it just seemed like he was dictating counts all day long versus trying to be too fine getting behind.
Speaker 5: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 7: A lot of praise for Yoshidoba Yamamoto, and rightfully so after his complete game, four hitter, his first complete game in the regular season, third.
Speaker 5: As a Dodger.
Speaker 7: He's done it twice now in the postseason as well. All Right, when we continue here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll check in with the David Vass says we leads up to first pitch Dodgers and Yankees Game two of this day night double header from the Bronx. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying this is Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Dodgers and Yankees doing again. After the Dodgers won the opener of the day night double header in eight to two victory. Will Climb is the opener and what is a bullpen game for both the Dodgers and the Yankees. Ryan Yarborough will go for the Yankees first pitch coming up at four to twenty. Dodgers Baseball brought to by all Poto, born in La and made for your game day. El Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to you El Poto Gourmet and a.
Speaker 3: Can joining Tim kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 12: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bassi.
Speaker 5: All right, DV the opener.
Speaker 7: The Dodgers take eight to two, plenty of offense, but Yoshinobu Yamamoto won a performance.
Speaker 6: It was a great performance, his first career regular season complete game, the first one the Dodgers have had since Gavin Stone pitched a complete game shutout on the South Side in twenty four and also Dwayne McDonald gave us the note that it's the first complete game thrown by a Dodger against the Yankees since Jerry Royce in the eighty one World Series, So really something you don't see too often, especially in twenty twenty six. And Yamamoto became just the eleventh pitcher this season to go the distance in a game, So he was really good. I was talking to David Kohane after the game because he was making some really good points during their broadcast that Yamamoto would be setting up the Yankees' hitters not to get outs, but to get outs.
Speaker 12: On the following pitch. He would get them.
Speaker 6: He would throw pitches so they would foul pitches off, he would get two strikes on him and then go for the putaway pitch.
Speaker 12: And he did that the entire game.
Speaker 6: And then you see the Yankees in the ninth inning and basically the entire game swinging first pitch and that played right into his hands. So Yamamoto definitely the Dodgers ace, and certainly on this stage now has put himself in the conversation for the Cy Young Award.
Speaker 7: No doubt, David has brought to you by a Ford Summer sales event. Don't wait hurrying now for the best offers of the year. For the official vehicle of Major League Baseball, David, we always talk about how deep and how long this lineup is for the Dodgers one through nine.
Speaker 5: And when you're batting Tommy.
Speaker 7: Edmund in this lineup, when he's followed by shoe Hey o'tani, when the lineup puts back over, I mean, Tommy Edman has taken every advantage of that offensive spot at the bottom of the lineup.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's why the Dodgers wanted him so badly in twenty four when they made that trade with the Cardinals in white Sox. But nobody expected him to hit the ground running the way he has since coming off the IL. He doesn't even have ninety at bats, but he's made a huge impact. Thirteen RBIs, fourteen runs scored, hitting well over three point fifty and in that first game he got the rallies going in the third inning and in the fifth inning, and then hit the knockout punch in the eighth inning. We caught up with Tommy after Game one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, pressures on him, you know, I know he's got to throw a strike and you know I'm just trying to get one or two runs in, and.
Speaker 12: You know I was able to put a good thing on it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that at bat, Tim was with the bases loaded and the infield was drawn in. It's not so much just about him getting that hit, but how he got that hit. He was down early in the count and then worked a full count and he knew that Jake Bird had nowhere to go and he took advantage of it.
Speaker 7: David Show, Hey, Otani, we talked about it before Game one, not going to make this start on Wednesday in Philadelphia.
Speaker 5: What is the latest with Show?
Speaker 7: Hey, Who's in the lineup tonight for the second game in this doubleheader.
Speaker 6: Well, if you heard us in between games, we were all surprised to see Otani in full uniform go out to shallow left field with Mark prior to the Dodgers pitching coach and the head trainer, Thomas Albert. And he was thrown from about ninety feet, but he was going into full pitching wind up. He was full pitching off a flat ground. But I guess you have to keep the arm moving. But that was a little surprising considering the first day of the Dodgers were in New York. He went out there, he tested the knee, and he never even.
Speaker 12: Decided to throw a bullpen session.
Speaker 6: But here he was today after getting two hits and driving in two runs, and he's going to lead off at DH working on the pitching, but still no date determined on when he will come back and pitch and be part of the rotation.
Speaker 12: Here's what Dave Roberts said earlier this morning.
Speaker 9: No, no, he didn't.
Speaker 11: He just was playing catch and then also just kind of the feeling of where.
Speaker 8: He's at, how it feels day to day.
Speaker 11: So that was enough for him to talk to the trainers and feel like there was no need to test it with a bullpen where he already knew the answer, right, So I just think for us, it's more like we've done many times over airing on the side of caution.
Speaker 6: So I guess his knees feeling okay to do what he did between games, And he also fell a ball off his left knee and it looked like he was kind of limping back to the dugout. But all as well because he was running the bases and his final lot bad and throwing pitching off of flat ground. So I guess things aren't that bad with that left knee, which is a good thing for the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: This is very good, real quick, David, what's the been like the atmosphere in New York this weekend? With the World Cup now over championship game this afternoon across the river there and the Dodgers Yankees going at it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll tell you this, it's been a traffic nightmare, especially in Midtown. That's where I've spent a lot of my time in the mornings, Midtown where Rockefeller Center they had a fan fest. Just so many people from so many different countries have come here to New York for the World Cup, and today they had watch parties at different spots, including Central Park they had a watch party. So it's been quite an eventful three days here with the Dodgers and Yankees, and of course the World Cup going on.
Speaker 12: But a thrilling one nothing win for Spain.
Speaker 7: I mean, wow, after yesterday's the third place game, they scored nine goals, you got one goal scored today.
Speaker 5: Pretty amazing, Pretty amazing?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 6: Well, the Dodgers and Yankees score ten runs in one game, I'd say baseball is winning.
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 7: Baseball has always winning. Thank you, dam We'll check back in with you in just a little bit. Still the come here on Wrongo Causino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from John Hayman from the MLB Network, where the National Baseball insigners will break down this pitchy matchup, of course, but up next your Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers and Yankees. First pitch coming up at four twenty. It's a day night doubleheader from the Bronx. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Wrongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game.
Speaker 1: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers and Yankees. All eyes now on the Bronx. After Spain beat Argentina one nil an extra time, of course, to win the World Cup. Dodgers won the opener of this day night doubleheader eight to two over the Yankees behind a complete game from Yamamoto. They'll have the ball to will climb the opener of a bullpen game. First pitch coming up at four twenty.
Speaker 1: God, it's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment.
Speaker 3: Bitch Magical by Hawfy hot Dogs.
Speaker 7: Well, the Dodgers back in the Bronx taken on the Yankees. A lot of memories of twenty twenty four Dodgers at three to one series lead going to Game five, Dodgers were down rallied from a five run deficit and who knew the Dodgers would hang on for a World Series win?
Speaker 12: Dave Roberts can hardly watch.
Speaker 2: Here's the one two pitch from Bueller got him swinging.
Speaker 8: That's it.
Speaker 13: That's a World Series win for LA.
Speaker 8: They've done it.
Speaker 13: They've finished the job and give Los Angeles the parade.
Speaker 8: It's been waiting for.
Speaker 13: A swarm of Dodgers on the right side of the infield, grown men, but children again living out their dream.
Speaker 7: Walker Bueller's in and closes it out. Is the Dodgers defeat the Yankees in Game five of the World Series, a seven to sixth victory to win a World Series championship.
Speaker 5: Never gets old.
Speaker 7: This Hofey magical moment brought to you by Hofey hot Dogs, Offy so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Offey hot Dogs, Local and so Great. Oh wait continue here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 5: We will check back.
Speaker 7: Game with Rick Monday to lead up to first pitch. Dodgers and Yankees at Day Night double header. Dodgers won the first game eight to two. Can they finish off the sweep in New York? First pitch coming up at four twenty. I'm Tim Kats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on dech Hot, your home for the blue all season log.
Speaker 7: Dodgers and Yankees one more time. Dodgers win the opener of the day night double header in eight to two victory. Yamamoto a complete game four. A hitter will climb. Ryan ya Borough the pitching matchup both openers, and what his bullpen games for both teams. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's Game Night, It's Group Night, and Shaky's dot.
Speaker 3: Com and now joined by David Maas saying Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 12: Rick, we joke around a lot.
Speaker 6: Wait, yes, but and I know you don't like to talk about when you played and all that. But I'll just say this, as a lifelong Dodger fan that grew up in the San Fernando Valley, it's pretty special to come back, even to New Yankee Stadium with you, considering all the history you have in the Bronx.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this stadium looks like the other way. It's it's newer, obviously, it's obviously it has some improvements that taking place. What I do not miss h When I first came in here, the monuments were in play straightaway center field, and I actually chased a ball behind the monument and it took three of us to get the baseball to home plate. I believe Roy White hit the ball and we got him at home plate, but it took like three cutoffs and relays. But the monuments were in play at the time, and now there's a defence in front of him, so yeah, a little bit, a little bit different.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to picture you trying to find the baseball behind a monument in center field at all.
Speaker 8: But I did not have a chance to read them at the time. I was a little busy.
Speaker 6: You grew up a Mickey Mantle fan. I know as a player you don't have time to take it all in. But wasn't it pretty cool full circle moment that you were in center field in the place that Mickey Mantle played center field?
Speaker 8: Yeah? And I thought about it a few different times that you can't let that get in the way of a ball game. And then you know. My second full year was on the American League Goal Star Team eventually made it the Nationalauiral Star Team. But Mannel was on that team, and they have Mickey Mannel. When I walked into the locker room come up and say my name, I thought, oh, my goodness. First I felt like I wanted to call my mommy yeah and let her know because she understood.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I did not like the Yankees at all because it seemed like every Saturday morning you turn on the game of the week, Oh, the Yankees are on there again, The Yankees, right, And I got tired of that. I want to see some of the other teams all the time. And obviously the Yankees were winning. But I didn't care for the Yankees per se, except for Mickey Madeline. I thought he was one of those guys he could go into a phone booth and come out with an ass on his chest.
Speaker 12: You're not alone in that regard.
Speaker 6: Hey, you were just telling me a story about an old timer's day at Old Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 8: What was out of Brice signed the Arizona State We come in. Charlie Finner said, look, I want you to travel with the big league team for two weeks, and I did. I joined him. I think it was in Cleveland, and the last stop was here in New York. And then I went with the big league team to the A's Double A team that was in Birmingham at the time, and played with the big league team against the Double A team, and then I reported to Louis. I know, but when I came out into the visiting third based dugout in Old Yankee Stadium, it was old timers day and it was some of the Yankee former players in the first base home dugout and some of the guys outstanding players that they played against. They were the visitors in the third base dugout. And I'm sitting there, I'm nineteen years old, I'm wet behind the ears. It's really the first time other than being away at college on campus and being away long distance from home. So anyway, I'm sitting there and all of this fanfare Yankee Stadium. Then seen it on television and no, no, no, no. And I'm listening to some of the guys in the dugout they're going to play in the game, and one of them, who I just watched warm up in front of the dugout's going to pitch and he tells his catcher, Hey, by the way, so and So is up second, don't even give me a sign or a target because I'm going to deck him. I didn't like him then and I don't like him now. And by golly, when the guy came home, he decked him, and I'm thinking, this is an old timers game. Wow, it was Lefty Grove the day it.
Speaker 9: Oh my.
Speaker 8: I eventually went online and I found the lineup sheet of that old Timers game right after I signed. It was really kind of amazing, But that was kind of the eye opener becoming of the big apples. So it's It's one of those things, is that even an old Timers game, which you know, long memories of players.
Speaker 6: Do you feel like you have any of those memories you wish you could get back on an old timer's game to uh, to keep it going.
Speaker 8: Somebody i've officially retired.
Speaker 6: Do the memories flood flood back to you, because I mean, let's face it, you, as a Dodger had a long history against the Yankees.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Well, it started with the American League and playing against them all the time, and then you know the three World Series against against the Yankees as well, and I took put a smile on my face to see the Dodgers a couple of years ago be able to beat the Yankees. Also, yeah, you reflect back upon those times and then you just start to say, well, this is a game, David, that has captured our attention. For those of us that are around the game. Was I think back there as a kid growing up in Santa Monica, I was mesmerized by the game of baseball, and especially when I went to my first game in the LA Coliseum and on this magical green carpet and these guys that ran faster than I thought that could possibly do, hit the ball farther through the ball faster, And I was mesmerized as a kid, and I'm still mesmerized when you come to the ballpark because one of the things when we come to the stadium, we hand off reality and we give it to the ticket taker at the guy at they ate. Hey, here's my reality for a few hours. That's the good thing. The bad thing is when we leave, guess what they give it back to us.
Speaker 12: Yeah, hey, reality for you, Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: You and I will be on the same bus to Philadelphia after the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, one good thing about it. When we get off the bus, we'll each get our room key and you'll go to yours and I'll go to mind. I will see until you at the ballpark tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Okay, sounds good, Rick, We'll send it back here at the studio.
Speaker 12: Damn me, I'm in New York with Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you guys.
Speaker 7: Dodgers Baseball is presented by uniclow Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit Uniclo dot com, slash you still to come here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll get you a preview this pitching matchup. Rickle you back with Steven Nelson. They'll get you the keys to a Dodger victory. But I'm next go high and tight. But John Haymon from the MLB Network got a national perspective on how good this Dodgers team here is in twenty twenty six is Dodgers Yankee series and what's to come the second half of this season.
Speaker 5: That's next.
Speaker 7: So we lead you up to Dodgers in the Yankees Game two of this Day Night double hitter.
Speaker 5: Dodgers when the opener eight to two, looking for a three game sweep in the Bronx.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim Kats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers.
Speaker 7: It's a Dodgers and Yankees final game of this three game set. Dodgers won the open of the Day Night double header with an eight to two victory behind Yoshinobu Yamamoto's complete game of four a hitter. First pitch coming up at four to twenty from the Bronx. Time now for the Verizon startup, as we are about twenty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low prize for three years, so you can save big. Visit your so calv Ryenson store today.
Speaker 3: And now what will likely be Vassy fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 6: We're between games here in the Bronx, a doubleheader for the Dodgers and Yankees, and we're joining right now by the man, the king of New York sports media, the New York Post, the California Post, the One and knowingly John Hayman.
Speaker 12: John. Great to be back in the house that Hayman built.
Speaker 9: I think it's.
Speaker 4: Called something else. David, You're the best. I love being on with you. Appreciate this.
Speaker 6: When you take a look at the Dodgers from the East Coast and nationally, are they the envy of every other team out there right now?
Speaker 4: I'm sure they are. I mean, they won two in a row. They're prohibitive favorites this year. They look fantastic. I mean, obviously every team's got some worries Will Smith, who I think is the best catcher in baseball. There's certainly something to worry about in Otani now taking a break from pitching, certainly a setback there. But I mean, you know, the Atani is the best player in the world. I mean, Freddie Freeman, first ballot Hall of Famer, and they just got a great I mean, you could call them complimentary players, but they're great players. Muncie Pats, Edmund ta Oscar up and down that team. They're really terrific, and it's amazing the way they produce players. I mean, everybody they call up seems to be productive, whether it be Robleski or whomever. They all come up and help the Dodgers. A very few and far between come up and do not produce what they expect.
Speaker 6: Do you feel like Yamamoto is starting to get the recognition he deserves for being one of the top three pitchers arguably in the game.
Speaker 9: Well he should. I mean, I agree with you.
Speaker 4: I mean I would still rank Schooble number one, but I mean at this point I would go with Yamamoto as the number two pitcher in the game. That's you know, I mean, he is terrific. When he did in the World Series last year, just amazing. I mean, that was worth that contract. I know that both New York teams tried, they stopped at some point.
Speaker 9: I just felt that he was going to be a Dodger all along. The rumor had been out there that he.
Speaker 4: Wanted to be on the West Coast, and he eliminated the Giants very quickly and I started to have my doubts, but he ended up with the Dodgers and it wasn't all about the money. In the end, he did want to be a Dodger, and I can't blame him. Who wouldn't want to be a Dodger.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think everybody wants to be a Dodger these days. When you look at their starting rotation for October, though, with the Yotani lef knee putting that in question, they are going to get snellbacks got the one to two combination of Snell and Yamamoto. Do you believe this Otani left knee issue is going to maybe make things more interesting at the trade deadline for the Dodgers to pursue a starter.
Speaker 9: Yeah. I do think that they're gonna need to pursue a starter. I mean, I'm far be it from me to tell them what to do.
Speaker 4: I mean, they've been incredible with all their decisions. You know, I would think so. The word was kind of getting out there that they probably weren't going to go for Schooble. They didn't want to give up. You know, they have the best prospect lists in baseball. I think seven top one hundred prospects and the word was getting out that that they really weren't anxious to do it. They felt Snell would be back, and they saw a Glass now coming back at some point, and they were looking at it like, well, I mean, sure, of course Schooble might be a little better than almost anybody. But Snell's a top ten pitcher went healthy. Glass now a top twenty pitcher, went healthy. But at this point there are just too many questions. I mean, I still count Snell as a question. He's not back yet, ask now a question. And now you've got O'tani as a question. I mean, I like Robuski, you know, I think he's a playoff starter.
Speaker 9: He was an all start, looked good in the game. I like him.
Speaker 4: But you know, at this point, I would say that would be the one thing that they would be good if they could get go get his starter.
Speaker 9: And the market's going to be tough.
Speaker 4: It is a severe sellers market, and a lot of those guys we expected to be out there are now probably not going to be out there. I don't think Sonny Gray is going to be traded. I don't see how. It doesn't feel like Ole Contra is going to be traded and we have to question on Schooble too, is he really going to be traded? So, you know, is there are there is there going to be even one bona fide playoff starter out there? If there is, I expect the Dodgers probably will be in the mix at this point.
Speaker 6: Are you believing the Tigers will hold on to Schooble the rest of the year?
Speaker 4: At this point, I kind of think that they probably will. They've wanted to think ten out of thirteen as we do this, so to me, I think that they I think so. I think they'll go for it. You know, I had been hearing rumors that, you know, when they were doing poorly, that they'd probably traded either way just because you should be able to get some a whole for him, just like when Sabbathew was traded at the deadline of the Brewers.
Speaker 9: You know, there were.
Speaker 4: Two very top prospects in that deal, and that's kind of what they were looking at. They don't seem like a World Series contender to me, but in the American League, it feels like almost anything can happen. I mean, I believe, I don't believe in Boston. I think Boston should be a playoff team. I'm not completely convinced on Detroit Ortho. They do have a positive run differential and they aren't a weak Division two, so they could actually steal that Division two.
Speaker 6: John Hayman is our guest MLB Network, New York Post, California Post is our guest at Yankee Stadium. All Right, when you look at the landscape around baseball, the Dodgers are the favorites.
Speaker 12: But who would you say.
Speaker 6: Is the team that could give them the most trouble in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Well, I would say either Milwaukee or Philadelphia or Atlanta if they get another starter. I've been suggesting that Atlanta go get another starting pitcher to pair with Sale forever, and they haven't done, and they've still maintained and they're still in first place. So I mean, they're a tough team. But you know, if you look at Philly with Wheeler and Sanchez at the top, and you look at Milwaukee, if Harrison gets better, you've got Harrison and certainly the miz So each of those teams has two top starters. But you know, it's not all about starters. If you look at the total the team in totality, and that's the way it is. You know, I think we sometimes overrate the importance of starters. The Atlanta Braves had the best starters for a decade. They only won one World Series, right, So the Tigers had incredible combination of starters when they had Sures or in Verlander, Belt Sanchez and you know, so many good starters and they didn't win the World Series with So I might be overstating the importance of the starters. I mean, if you just look at the entire teams, you know, the Dodgers are huge favorites. I feel like, once again, you know, if I were going to pick one, I'm going to say the miz with Milwaukee with Harrison back, because I do like the rest of that Brewer team, and it's pretty impressive what they do in Milwaukee.
Speaker 6: All right, before I let John Hayman go, you've been around the game a long time. Dave Roberts earlier today was holding court with all of us. Dave Roberts is one of the few managers that still wears his uniform top. And I don't think we've seen a manager hold court that way in the dugout in a long time.
Speaker 12: Am I wrong?
Speaker 6: How rare is it to have Dave Roberts still have some of those old school traits with the way he's able to, you know, walk that line.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess on the road, you know, we still have the most media with the Dodgers, but I mean at home, it's probably overwhelming. I mean, I can only imagine how many in a home game are there. So it was kind of a nice group. There was only about ten or twelve media people, and it was nice to see a manager relax and chat.
Speaker 9: With the media like that. Occasionally we see it.
Speaker 4: I seen aj Hinch, Stewart, some of the other top managers who are very comfortable in their own skin will occasionally do that in New York.
Speaker 9: But you know, he's.
Speaker 4: Got a lot of media people in a home, so it's probably difficult to do at home. As by the way, you don't see it at home.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's true. There's a lot of international media John Hayman.
Speaker 4: International media, any probably his family and other things going on at home that he's on the road, so he's got a little more time to chit chat. And we're still more than two weeks away from the trade deadline, so you know, I don't blame him for being relaxed. This team will relax you.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 4: I don't want to judge from these games with the Yankees because they are particularly terrible, you know so. But I've seen the Dodgers enough to know they are the best team in baseball. I know they had a bad series against the Diamondbacks. I can't even believe it, but it happens. One hundred and sixty two games. I've only seen one team really go through the whole thing without any trouble, and that was the ninety eight Yankees.
Speaker 9: And I say that, but.
Speaker 4: The first I believe they lost the first three games of that season. So even that team had a little bit of a hiccup put it from there on, nothing so that it just doesn't happen.
Speaker 6: Well, these Dodgers are going to try to do what those Yankees did, and that's three peat.
Speaker 12: John Hayman was there for that. We'll see where it goes this year.
Speaker 6: Thanks a lot for the time and great to catch up with you, and hopefully we see you next weekend at City Field.
Speaker 9: Always a pleasure.
Speaker 4: I will be there and watching probably some more Dodger victories.
Speaker 9: I'm guessing we'll see. We'll see here.
Speaker 6: It looks that way, John, thanks a lot for the time. Tim will send it back to you. That was the great John Hayman from MLB Network and New York Post.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you, DV.
Speaker 7: Great John Hayman is rive been covering baseball a long time and now the MLB Network, the California Posts Post and the New York Post as well. All right, Lead you up to first pitch Sunday Night Baseball, Dodgers and Yankees, the night portion of this day night double header.
Speaker 5: Dodgers already won the first.
Speaker 7: Game today, an eight to two victory behind the complete game four hitter from Yoshinobu Yama Moto. Dodgers going for the sweep in the Bronx. Up next, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 5: Don't you go anywhere.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim kass the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Lead you up to Dodgers and Yankees from the Bronx final game of this three game set. Dodgers won on Friday night, rained out last night. We played a double header today at least the first half of it. Dodgers won the day portion of the day night double header with an eight to two victory as Yoshinobu Yamato picked up his tenth win of this season, going a complete game, scattering just four hits while giving up two runs along the way. Is the night portion of this day night double hitder? Coming up first pitch at four twenty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Now, before the Dodgers hit the dynam we look at the pitching matchups brought.
Speaker 7: You buy your Toyota dealers. We make it easy. Ryan Yarborough on the mound for the Yankees. Yes, the same Ryan Yarborough who is with the Dodgers for two plus seasons. Really, thirty four year old left hander in his ninth season in the Big Leagues raised Royals, Dodgers, as I mentioned Blue Jays in the last two seasons in New York with the Yankees. After Yarborough's night comes to a nan, Elma Rodriguez figures to follow out of the bullpen for the bulk of the Indians, making his twenty fifth appearance this year as Ryan Burrow. Ryan Yarborough who's two and zero at four to fourteen er Ray, It's his first start or as an opener here in twenty twenty six. He's made seventy six starts in his career. Last time was June eighteenth last year. He's got a three seventy two er Ray Avers last nine and two third Indians in his last eight appearances. Hasn't exceeded two innings, though in any appearance since June sixteenth. Dodgers Isle Ryan Yarborough on June first last year, six innings, winner and run and five strikeouts. Will Climb will be the opener for the Dodgers. Twenty six year old right hander make his thirty third appearance. This is his third time serving as the opener. Last pitch on Friday, the week before the All Star Break against the Diamondbacks at Dodger Stadium. One and two third innings, one run, nine hits, two walks, two strikeouts and picking up the loss. A bullpen game. Will Climb Ryan Yarborough Dodgers, Yankees. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game, hard neck, don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kates at the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue all season Loft.
Speaker 7: Getting you ready for Dodgers and Yankees Sunday Night Baseball from the Bronx, Will Climb and Ryan Yarborough. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at four twenty as we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo Stars. Great moments start with Sapporo beer. Whatever you're his preference, so Poro has you covered with a riety, crisp and refreshing loggers including light and non alcoholic beers. So Poro good with sushi, Great with baseball. One final time, back out to the booth, Steven Nelson, Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys, here we.
Speaker 2: Go Tim back with Rick Monday getting ready for the first pitch of the final game for the Dodgers in this three game series against the Yankees, kicking off a nine game trip here on the East Coast and the Dodgers in position to potentially sweep the New York Yankees, who are yes without their superstar Aaron Judge, but the rest of the roster behind him. Oh my goodness, there they leaven plenty to be desired based on what we are seeing here. Moo was billed as a potential World Series preview, it is very obvious that they need Aaron Judge back.
Speaker 1: In a big way.
Speaker 8: Well, they do, but they also have lacked what looks like a game plan on their approach and what they're going to do. From an offensive standpoint. The defense has not been bad, but offensively, I'm scratching my head to try and figure out exactly what their point was and going to like, hey, look, are we going to work on the pitch count of a hitter. Are we going to look breaking balls? That hasn't been the case. We'll find out. For Will Klein, he is going to open up the ball game the third time that he has done that. He's also made thirty relief appearances. And for Klin, what we've seen Steven is the guy that understands how to pitch too, and he knows he's not going to be in there for a very long time. How long we don't know, but he can attack the strike zone and he starts to look at it. He's got thirty seven and a third innings under his belt pitching. He has struck out forty three and he's walked only sixteen. I think the walks can even go down a little bit more. But he's a guy that can give hitters fits if he's got I think, especially with that breaking ball going too.
Speaker 2: No doubt about it. And in terms of the lineup for the Dodgers, the only changes for game two of this doubleheader from game one, Dalton Rushing is going to start on the bench after catching. You would expect that Tommy Edmond is going to start on the bench. So it's Miguel rojas On in the infield at second base and Elias Fonso Junior behind the dish. But other than that, all the other Dodgers are in there, including sho heey Otani at the top of the order. Mob Again, so much conversation about him this weekend and that left knee which has been bothering him for so long, and he's not going to start, not just Wednesday.
Speaker 9: But for the foreseeable future.
Speaker 2: But the fact that he's in there for both games the doubleheader that seems at least encouraged.
Speaker 8: And the other thing very quick though it was saw is it? In between games? Otani was down the left field line and throwing. Yes it was on flat ground, but he was airing it out in the full wind up also, so that took us a little bit by surprise as well, So that's good news in looking at the fact that he worked out from a pitching standpoint in between these two games.
Speaker 2: On the other side, the Yankees will throw old friend Ryan Yarbro, the crafty lefty who specializes in inducing soft contact. This will be his twenty fifth game of the year, but the first time the Yankees are asking him to start the game is Era at four point one.
Speaker 1: Four.
Speaker 5: All right, that's going to do it for us.
Speaker 2: From the booth.
Speaker 1: We'll yeah put you some.
Speaker 2: More in a little bit as the series finale gets under Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 7: Dodgers starts the nights with a twelve and a half game lead in the division and keeping an eye with the Diamondbacks are doing there ted seven to seven with the Cardinals over in Arizona. That game is in the top half of the ninth Indian and the San Diego Padres have already won they boat race the Kansas City Royals today nineteen to two, So the Dodgers looking at maybe pick up some ground in the division if Arizona loses, if not keep pace top the NL West, but also go for the sweep in New York. How great would that be to go to the Bronx and leave there winning all three games they won on Friday night?
Speaker 5: Rained out last night, played a double header today.
Speaker 7: Game one of the doubleheader earlier today goes to Yamamoto and the Dodgers. After a complete game four hitter for Yoshinova Yamamoto, the Dodgers get the win and looking to do it again here in the night portion of this Date night double header. I'll be back after the game with all the postgame festivities including Dodger talk as well.
Speaker 5: Dodgers going for the sweep in the Bronx.
Speaker 7: Dodgers Yankees First betch.
Speaker 5: Will we come back?
Speaker 7: Tim Kase has been Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network