Speaker 1: Now she comes back Thursday, so she's gone for like four days, five days.
Speaker 2: But I am so nervous about this.
Speaker 3: Is different than a sleep away camp.
Speaker 2: No, it is. It's sleep away.
Speaker 3: So you said she never wanted to go though, right.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm nervous for her.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Because well, her stepsister and some of her friends are going, and so we you know, we encouraged her to try it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I am wondering if I'm going to get a phone call on Monday night, Mom, please come pick me up, and this is out of state. Oh, I would be in the car so dying fast. No, I mean, honestly, I would. I would want her to stay and try it for a day, yeah, at least. Yeah, But I'm hoping she'll be okay. But I know that there are definitely kids that it's just not their thing. And then I have friends whose kids go for two months.
Speaker 2: To camp and they don't want to come home.
Speaker 3: All my neighbors would send their kids away to camp for the entire summer. I'm not lying to you when I say this to you. They would get out of school on June the eleventh, and by June the eighteenth, those kids were up north at Camp Michigania Camp and they well they were also there were also all my friends that were like, hey, let's have a party night tonight. I'm like, we still have our kids, our kids. Chelsea was not about sending kids away to camp y like she was like, this is my time to spend time with them. So yeah, but.
Speaker 4: Remember crying, like every time my mom would be like you have camp this week. I'm like, I don't want to go to camp. She would have to bribe me with toys every time, like, if you make it the whole week, I'll get you a brat style.
Speaker 3: So our kids probably did the same camps that you did. Then. So Joe, Jacob and Luke did like the camp in Walled Lake or whatever the you know, wherever the deal is, like Camp and Howl or something or something.
Speaker 2: Did they spend the dame.
Speaker 3: No, they would. They would go on a bus every day and we'd have to go pick up and it was like a rinky dinky linky you know bus, like where the bus was barely like running, and then you know, they would have to go there and then they play all day and do all this stuff and then they come home but Luke hated it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was not my thing.
Speaker 5: Camp always seemed fun. My parents would never see me. I used to watch Nickelodeon where they had salute your shorts and camp on camp on.
Speaker 4: That's like not I feel like an accurate description of camp.
Speaker 5: But that was that was my I've had to live vicariously through that. The only closest thing I got was vacation Bible School.
Speaker 3: That was, yeah, Bible School. I actually liked.
Speaker 5: The Casa Bible School used to be living Jesus Camp. Yeah, especially at my grandma church.
Speaker 3: They held it. Don't uh when you do vacation Bible School. Did you ever get in trouble? Because one of the most famous phone scams we ever did was when we phone scammed the mom saying that her kid was swearing at vacation Bible School. I just love that one. A four four Mojo Live A four four six six five six five four eight is our telephone number. I'd like to know from you your camp story and hear you know about did you have to like get picked up in the middle of the night or any crazy stuff. Hagnant that's what happened, well, but but you hear the stories about kids first experiences, you know, and then don't ever mention because she said she went to the same camp that.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 3: Camp camp counsels begetting together to oh, yeah, those guys are, what's up, Amanda High?
Speaker 7: Good morning.
Speaker 8: So I am very much like Lucy uh.
Speaker 7: And I was an only child, so it was very touch to my parents.
Speaker 8: Even still I don't really like sleeping away from home, but some at some point in like fourth grade, I got this kick about wanting to go to this summer camp that some of my friends were going to and it was probably like two or three hours away.
Speaker 7: From like where I lived, and my.
Speaker 8: Parents let me go.
Speaker 7: But she told me, like later after I had grown up, that the first two nights they stayed at a hotel near the camp because they didn't think I was going to make it for the first day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, honestly that's smart though, right, I don't know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's the thing was they like the camp, they wouldn't let us call, you know, the first day or so, because like.
Speaker 3: That, which is smart.
Speaker 4: I saw every single night.
Speaker 3: One of our one of our friends kids went to a camp that was like five hours away up by like Macinaw or whatever, and they got a phone call day number two that they had to come back up and pick him up because he got head lice.
Speaker 2: They normally check you before, yeah.
Speaker 3: And so they were like they were. He basically spent like one full day alone in it, you know, by himself, but then they had to drive. Honestly, I would have been so pissed about having to drive the ten hours to and from within a day or so. Where do you take your kids? You're not coming back in the house with the hair, like, well, you're getting it treated probably, yeah, yeah, what's up Jenna high.
Speaker 7: Hey, So I used to try to make myself sick every day my mom to me away to girls out camp, like early elementary, middle school, and I hated it so much. I would like hit myself in the forehir and the stomach. I was the nurses.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, I can't breathe.
Speaker 7: Oh my head hurts, my stomach hurts, because I was trying to.
Speaker 3: Get my mom to come get me because I hated it so bad. Yeah, it's funny. My sister was like that with school, Like she'd be in the nurse school nurse's office all the time and she would like try to get a fever so she'd sit right next to the radiator. And but camps campses, you know that you love your family and love your bed when you don't want to go away to camp because these camps are actually kind of bougie. Some of the camps actually are kind of fun. These kids have a lot of fun. James, what's up?
Speaker 8: I want doing this more?
Speaker 3: What's going on? Buddy Good?
Speaker 7: I'm good.
Speaker 2: So look, I didn't go to camp, but cav Man Saluta Shorte.
Speaker 8: Made me want to go to camp right off an awful.
Speaker 5: I used to sit there and just dream through the TV screen like this Cancas.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's weird, dude, that was crazy. Have a great.
Speaker 3: Weekend, Donkey lips.
Speaker 2: The best character? Is that his name?
Speaker 3: Oh no, yes, what's going on? It's a crazy name? Yeah it is. You're right. Yeah, by the way, donkey, libs just canceled that. I understand that. But they canceled that. That was a that was what's going on in Sovia?
Speaker 7: I Hey, so I went to a Michigan State dance camp in high school. It's two weeks long. I did have like a urinary track infect to when I went and I got put on this new medication and the campus about two weeks long. The day before we were supposed to like perform in front of everybody, I broke out in a very very bad hives from the medication. My throat sorted closing up, so my mom had to like rush from Warren to Michigan State stayed.
Speaker 3: To the hospital. Wow, goodness, is it true that that whole American pie thing about the kids at band camp? You know, like are as dirty as ever? Like you guys all have your fun together.
Speaker 2: She was at dance camp?
Speaker 3: Dance Did you say? I mean I was?
Speaker 7: I was a person in high school. I was a good girl.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh I thought you, I thought she said band camp. Uh, what's up, Alicia?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 8: My my first experience of camp, well, my only experience was sixth grade camp, and I never wanted to go back because I actually started my period for the first time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody, So you know, it's funny that sixth grade camp where you go for just a few days and you come back. I remember the parents all in the parking lot at Scotch School picking up the kids, crying when the kids were getting off of the.
Speaker 2: Bus, and they were happy to see them.
Speaker 3: They were so happy to see them. Like the parents had a hard time with it, But that could you imagine having to be a little what are you like when then you're that age eleven, twelve or something like that, and you, yeah, you end up having something like that. Do they have somebody there to help you?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Like the camps like counselors and stuff were awesome, But the worst part was was that you could.
Speaker 7: Not call home.
Speaker 8: Oh no, there was no option to call home, Like your parents were told ahead of time to like write a letter and send it like a week or two before, and that was the only thing that you got for communication.
Speaker 3: I got to make an exception. That's crazy, Angela, what's happening?
Speaker 6: Hey, good morning? So I went. I was forced to go to a ten day Catholic camp. Side note, I am not Catholic. I was forced to go to camp with this girl that I just did not get along with, and it was a miserable time. After about like the second or third day, the sewer system malfunctioned and we were forced to not flush the toilets for like ten days.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, wild and send home.
Speaker 6: It was. It was so we went the because it was like c yo and it was. We were at the all girls camp and the boys camp had totally totally find toilets, and so of course we were running throughout throughout all the toilets and looking at, you know, everyone.
Speaker 3: Give you made. Let's uh, let's pray for plumbing.
Speaker 9: Detroit, USNX, Mosquito Brand Records, sim VTS, Tilido Channel four five SNX and nty two five Kiss FM and iHeart Radio station and Karen Human Mojo.
Speaker 2: It does look cittyly frequent.
Speaker 3: Let me take y'all back to the beginning.
Speaker 2: This is alrighty ready,