Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: Earlier today, Trek Scooble met with the media at Wrigley Field. Here was part of our conversation with the Dodgers new superstar left hander.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean initial reaction. You know, there's a lot of emotion, right. You know, I spent eight years with the Detroit Tigers and that space. You know, that place will always be special to me no matter what. But in the same breath, you know, I'm excited to be here. You know, I'm excited to compete with these guys. And you know when you watch them from across the way or just see them, you know, do their thing on TV, you just have a lot of respect because they play the game the right way. And you know, the entire focus of this organization is on winning championships, and that's my entire focus of playing baseball. So we're very much aligned, and you know, I'm ready to go out there and compete and give this organization and city everything that I've got.
Speaker 2: I know, there was a lot of talk about you possibly be Trio, But when it finally happened, were you surprised?
Speaker 1: I don't know if surprised was would be the right word I would use. It became pretty clear what was going on, you know, later on after my start on Wednesday, Losing that game kind of felt like the like that that was kind of it, you know for me and Detroit, and yeah, so I'm not surprised, but it didn't make the you know, the news any easier, you know, because I love a lot of those guys there, and I got a lot of respect for everything that they do and how they go about their business. And you know, those guys are they're not just my teammates that a lot of those guys are like my best friends on and off the field. So you know, I wish those guys nothing but the best, you know, and I'll be rooting for them unless we're playing them.
Speaker 2: What was it like coming into the dugout in the middle of the game yesterday and just introducing yourself to new teammates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I feel like I met a lot of people yesterday and just to be able to you know, say hi to everybody, and the excitement and the energy that those guys have was awesome, you know. And obviously the you know CEM Dave and getting that reaction was pretty cool too. You know, we've we've talked through you know, all Star games and stuff like that, but that's kind of limited interactions. But you know, I've I've always had a ton of respect for this organization and how they go about their business and and obviously winning World Series, you know, the last two years, and you know, watching that stuff on TV has has kind of fueled me, you know, and and those are the aspirations I want as a player, you know, to to be on top and when the last game of the season and looking forward to trying and doing all those things. This here, every team could trade for me, you know, every team could make that acquisition. And I don't really sympathize with people that blame the Dodgers for for anything they've done. You know, they've developed a really good organization. They draft well, they acquired talent, really well, they retain talent. It's a winning organization. Now the complaints seemed to be because they've won the last two World Series, you know that I don't think it was like that three years ago. So I don't I don't really sympathize with people that are complaining because the Dodgers, you know, do all the right things.
Speaker 2: How well do you know Tony?
Speaker 1: How well?
Speaker 2: How well do you know?
Speaker 1: You know briefly, you know, all Star Games, the MVP, the awards dinner in New York. Got to talk to him a little bit there. But yeah, not as well. Our relationship will grow, I'm sure, and you know, I'm excited. You know, he's a you know, he's he's a unicorn talent. You know, there's really no one like him that's never done what he's done in the big league. So I'm excited to just watch and appreciate his greatness, you know, as a teammate.
Speaker 2: After his press conference, Schooble got ready for his start tomorrow, as he will make his Dodger debut and pitch at Wrigley Field for the first time in his career.