Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 5: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans again.
Speaker 2: It's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 5: Hi, everybody, and welcome to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck on this Wednesday, August the twelfth, as your Los Angeles Dodgers play host to the Kansas City Royals. Dodgers seventy two and forty eight first place atop the NL West. Don't look now, but they've got an eight game lead in the division over the Diamondbacks and over the Padres. After two comeback wins over Kansas City, the Dodgers go for the Royal Flush tonight series finale. Eric Lauer on the mound, first pitch from Uniclow Field. That Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven to ten. Between then and now, we've got a lot to get to here. On Marongo Casino. Dodgers on deck. We're gonna check out with David Vasse throughout the hour. We're gonna hear from Charlie Steiner. We'll get to the latest Dodgers' injury news, as Tyler glast Now is getting closer to returning. That is certainly good news. We'll hear from Mookie Betts. We'll check out with the Dodger manager, Dave Roberts. Kirsten Watson from Sports in at LA will stop by. We got your Dodgers magical moment coming up at about thirty minutes plus. In a few minutes, we'll head out to the gallopin Ford Broadcast booth with Tim Neffert and Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 5: Last night it was the return of snell Zilla, who was in his first start in over three months. Blake Snell, injured for most of the season, back on the mound for the first time since May ninth. He didn't have any russ to shake off because he was really good, retiring the first nine batters that he faced. He struck out seven of the first ten Royals. Meanwhile, the Dodgers' offense gave Blake Snell an early lead to work with Mookie Betts a solo home run, his fourteenth of this season, Dodgers up one to nothing. Then in the fourth, Blake Snell with some traffic on the base pass the sack fly. Game was tied at one. Snell would go six innings, one run, three hits. He struck out ten along the way, a great start for the Dodger left handerd Meanwhile, in the seventh thing, the Dodgers offense got after Royal starter Michael Waka Mookie Betts a one out double. Two batters later, with two outs, Alex Called delivered an RBI double, Dodgers a two to one lead. Pin shitter Taoscar Hernandez off the bench with an RBI double to left Dodgers a three to one lead. That lead, though, didn't last. In the eighth, the Royals put up a crooked number, a walk in three straight singles, and a sack fly Kansas City with three runs in the top of the eighth, they took the lead up four to three. However, the Dodgers would counter that in the bottom of the inning, as that's exactly what they did. With two on and two out, Mookie Bets delivered.
Speaker 2: Colorado has beaten Arizona three to two tonight. That's a final from Phoenix. I pitch to Bets swings base hits a right field Tucker's gonna turn it third. He'll come with a plate picked up by Rag He'll have no play. Crows it into second. The Dodgers have tied it on Mookie bets third hit of the night.
Speaker 1: It's four to four.
Speaker 5: Mookie Betts have yourself at night. His third hit, second RBI of the game. Dodgers tied the game at four. Neither team would score in the ninth, so free baseball at the Ravine. Newest reliever Seth Halverson comes in, makes his Dodger debut, put up a zero in the top of the tenth. In the bottom of the inning, Dodgers would load the bass a couple intentional walks as the Kansas City Royals walked Kyle Tucker to get the Max Munsey who made them pay.
Speaker 2: Bottom of the tenth. Four to four to two. Pitch to Monsie from Lucas Herse swins have this ball game is over. Win drive right center base hit. Dodgers win it five to four to walk off hit. Sixth time this year the Dodgers have walked it off win numbers seventy two for the Dodgers. Max Monsey beltz it to the right center field gap and the Dodgers have taken the first two games against Kansas City walk.
Speaker 5: Off RBI single for Max Monty, his seventh walkoff into his career. Dodgers beat the Royals in ten innings, five to four. That's the top tier play of the game, brought to you by Arco Quality, top tier gas for Luss thirty fourth coming back win of the year for the Dodgers, who improved his seventy two and forty eight. They currently have an eight game lead in the NL West. Tonight, Dodgers go for the sweep. Eric Lauer on the mound first pitch at seven ten and with more we head out to the galloping four broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Neffert and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys, Tim, thanks very much, gorgeous night here at Unico Field at Dodgers Stadium, Game three of this three game set. That's the Dodgers and the Kansas City Royals, and the Dodgers with an eight game lead over the Padres now in the National League Western Division standings. Arizona lost earlier today, so they are nine back of the Dodgers. Fadres have leapfrogged them, and the Dodgers can extend their lead to eight and a half with a win here tonight, and with a win here, they would sweep the Royals after winning two run run games of winning an extra innings last night and winning six to five the night before. So the Dodgers will send Eric Lower to the mound. Lower is six and six, the left hander with a four to eighty nine era. Daniel Lynch will counter. He is a left hander four and three, two forty five his era. He's still getting stretched out as a starter. He'd been a reliever, so he will not go very deep in this ball game tonight. So the Dodgers tried something last night against a right handed pitcher and Michael Walker, moving Freeman into the two spot with Pie into the three spot. Tonight, they reversed that with Andy batting second and Freeman hitting third.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I think Dave Robertson kind of addressing it yesterday before the ball games, say, look, we're going to have been maybe some different faces in different places, which includes tonight. Miguel Rojas will be in the number nine spot. He'll be at second base. Hunter Fiducia is going to be doing the catching. It's been a very big couple of games for Max Munsey. The walk off base hit last night in the tenth, then he can make it a five to four and he had the big three run double in Game one of the series. So you have different different phases right now the Dodger bauclub because Dave Robbers is trying to keep a lot of faces fresh, if you will, as far as getting a chance to play in particular, what starts.
Speaker 2: Talking about fresh a fresh arm in the bullpen tonight. Land And Knack has been called up from Triple A. He'll be active in the pen tonight and Seth Halverson will looked very good in relief last night. He will be optioned back. And the reason being is Dave Roberts explained, is that there could be a number of guys in the bullpen down tonight and they're going to need some length not only out of the starter Eric Lauer, but they might possibly need some length out of the bullpen and land and Knack, and Knack has stretched out to go multiple.
Speaker 7: End been very busy. There's no if ins and butts about it. Ause. So, like Dave Roberts, kind of cat and mouse, people are trying to find out, well, who's not available tonight. Well, wait a minute, the other side has got eyes and ears on top of everything else.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 7: Don't let the other side know who's up and who may be down and not available.
Speaker 2: Let's look at last night's box score exactly.
Speaker 9: You'll figure it out.
Speaker 7: Yep, yep, especially if you look back. And the fact is that we were mentioning that the Royals had a scout in that series in Arizona. They know, they know full well who's been used a lot over the last three or four games.
Speaker 2: And as far as the injury front goes, in the rehab front, more than that, Blake Trina is getting closer to going out in a rehab stint. And Tyler glaisnow will continue his Friday, expected to throw four innings for Oklahoma City.
Speaker 9: He may have one more.
Speaker 2: Rehab after that and then should be back in the Dodger rotation. So that was some news we got earlier today. Dodgers and the Royals coming up game. There's three games shift tim all right.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much, as we count you down. The first pitch. Dodger fans get that game day meal on. It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza Chick and the Mojo's right now, it's Shaky's dot Com all right? Coming up here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. He will check in with David Vass. Hey, we break down this pitching matchup. What up next? Kirsten Watson from Sports net LA, as we lead you up to first pitch on Hello, Kiddie night, Dodgers and Royals. I'm Tim Kats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and the Royals on this Wednesday night. Are antil hour looking for a bounce back game. Daniel Lynch on the mound for Kansas City. First pitch coming up, that's sevent ten. This is the rewind I'll show hey Otani last night, quiet night at the plate, Oh for five. He would score the game winning run of the tenth indy't as he was the ghost runner or free runner at second base to start off the bottom of the tenth Dodgers would a comeback win five to four over Kansas City.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson and.
Speaker 5: Kirson Owt joins us. Brought to by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of that old car. Donate it today and that car could be picked up tomorrow. Donating now carsfrokids dot org. That's cars with a K. Dodgers got themselves a little two game winning streak with comfort behind wins in both nights against the Kansas City Royals. Looking for the royal flush. Tonight against Kansas City and Eric Lawers on the mound Kirston and Eric Lauer coming off one of us more rocky starts.
Speaker 10: Yeah, exactly. We know that whenever he has taken the mound, whether it's a start or come in out of in relief behind an opener. There was a time where with every time he took the mound and the team was in the win column. The hope when the team was in Chicago, it's for him to be that stopper of sorts again, but unfortunately he just didn't have it from the beginning, the long ball got to him, and so you know when he spoke with the media afterwards, he said that just things didn't really feel right. He didn't feel right kind of in the bullpen. He didn't feel right with how he was executing his pitches, and so for him it was one in which he wanted to flush that one away and get back going today. So Dave Roberts has said that the hope is that he can get things going early, he can set the tone that they did make a roster move. Lannon Nack has been activated and they made a move, so that allows for protection because the bullpen's in a bit of a tough spot right now.
Speaker 1: When it comes to usage.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers as a team feels like starting to trickle back guys here and there, whether it's Blake Snell and when Diaz a couple of weeks ago. The Dodgers are getting healthy here the right time, they really are.
Speaker 10: And then you add in an additional kind of treat of an arm with Trek Scouobel. It seems like we're really seeing this team come back into form. So next is going to be likely Tyler Glass now, so Tyler is going back out on another rehab assignment, So he's got hope maybe one or two more outings. Dave Roberson, the next one is going to be on Friday. Then you've got someone like Blake trying to add support to the bullpen. He was here at Uniqueill Field at Dodger Stadium this afternoon and actually took part in a live VP. So his next step is going to be a rehab assignment as well. And with talking to both of these guys, they feel really good at the moment, and so the hope is that not only can they just get back here soon, but they can get back and be ready to go for the most important months and it doesn't really stop with them. Even for kind of bearing the lead show. Hey Tani, he's continued playing catch. He played catch two days in a row, and then yesterday he went into the bullpen. He did not throw with a ball, but he was doing dry throws, so just him kind of going through the motions of coming down the mound. And so Dave Roberts said today that that's a really good sign and it points to that a bullpen is coming soon. And then for him, it's going to be a couple of bullpens alive and then they feel confident about getting him into a game to start with his build up. So we're starting to see guys just not only getting healthy, but this team getting back on track in regard to the wins and the fight they're showing, but getting back on track just when it comes to the health side of it as well.
Speaker 5: Hopefully the winning can continue tonight against Kansas City as these guys starts to trickle back here. Stay, we appreciate it. We'll check in with you after the game. Still to come, we'll hear from Mookie Betts, We'll get you an injury report. We'll check in with Charlie Steiner, of course, but up next we'll also hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts before the series finale as the Dodgers go for the series sweep. Dodgers and Royals on this Wednesday night, Hello, Kiddy, Night out of the Ravine. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: On your home for the Blue All season law.
Speaker 5: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Wednesday night as we League jumped the first pitch Dodgers and the Kansas City Royals Maronggo Casino Resort in Spy a grand slam for a good time. Eric Laward, Daniel Lynch the gim matchup. First pitch coming up, It's seven tens.
Speaker 3: It's the LA Dodgers injury report?
Speaker 5: Is that about UCLA healthy? Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Dalton rushing on the IL, hoping to make a comeback before the end of the regular season. Blake try and also trying to work his way back on the sixty day IL. Will Smith getting closer to doing more and more baseball activities. Next step live BP simulated game. Get him out on a rehab assignment here hopefully soon. Tyler Glastow has made two rehab starts, most recently Sunday in Oklahoma City. Alright, let's have back out to the ravine and get the pregame thoughts of the Dodger skipper. Anything else?
Speaker 9: Da do you questions for Dave? Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 9: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 8: The dugouts with Dave Roberts important? Uh, you know, opportunity to win three games? Yeah, you know, I think Eric hasn't had you know, wants to bounce back and have a good outing. I think the last couple of nights, I think you can see the way we've played kind of the focus urgency as I've mentioned, I like it and it's been good. So today we made the move with Seth Halverson. He was good for us yesterday, expecting to be back at some point, but to just kind of protect the downside the length we got Land and neck back, got a lot of guys down today, So yeah, it'll be an interesting night.
Speaker 11: From the quality of bets that you saw from the city beds to give him something down stat bernandas do you feel like for those guys and specific the performance either like yesterday or a battle like yesterday.
Speaker 8: Could like turn the tide for.
Speaker 9: Them moving forward to Sea I hope.
Speaker 8: So, you know, I thought Mookie obviously had a really good one in Chicago and then you know, didn't swing the bat well in Arizona. But I thought yesterday was was back to you know, being who he is and you know walk host on the baseball well, so uh, he'll see a lefty young here early and then you know, then we'll get the rioties behind him, but yeah, hopefully he can kind of follow that outing or that performance yesterday and then well, Tayo, it was just great to see him come off the bench with a big head, and you know he'll be in there the next handful of days.
Speaker 12: Show drying phos of yesterday a sign getting close.
Speaker 8: To this giving green first and then it is it is, which is great. I don't know you know when that's going to take place, but I do think that we should all be encouraged that, you know, throwing out two hundred plus feet yesterday and then doing the dry throws as you mentioned, and then you know, probably the next progression is getting on the mountain.
Speaker 9: As he starts getting up the mount again, is.
Speaker 3: It going to be a series of bull fends and then ypp and then kind of.
Speaker 9: Bringing him back and games and by mean kylie.
Speaker 12: Guys did last year.
Speaker 8: Yes, I would tell yeah, I don't know how many bullpens, I don't know how many lies, but I would say the rehab games is going to be major league games.
Speaker 12: And I know you guys still want to getting back as a picture, but how many schoobol see ay let the snout dish last night?
Speaker 9: Because it had just taken some.
Speaker 5: Of the pressure off.
Speaker 9: You just thinking about what his situation is on a daily basis, knowing that this one is almost high living. Thus, in some.
Speaker 8: Ways, I think so, but I still feel that, you know, just his health is kind of the main thing anyway, and regardless of having school or not, or having snowback, you still got to treat him, you know, individually, what's best for him. And it is kind of additive given he's a two way player to get those innings though.
Speaker 9: For sure.
Speaker 5: All right, there's the manager Dave Roberts. As we continue here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with David Vassay will lead you up to first pitch on this Wednesday night. Hello, Kenny, Night out at Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers and Royals. First pitch coming up at seven ten. I'm Tim Kates's the back to back of World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball, Dodgers and Royals.
Speaker 5: On this Wednesday, ninth final game of those three game set and the Milwaukee Brewers will come to town. Eric lower on the mound, looking to bounce back from his last start. First pitch coming up at seven ten. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by al Poto, born in la and made for your game day. Al Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, salsas hot sauces right to you El Pato Gourmet, and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bass.
Speaker 5: All Right, DV. You look at the Dodgers two game winning streak and you go back to last night. One of the big reasons why they got that win a return of Blake's. Now what a return he had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 6: He exceeded everybody's expectations. Tim, and I think he was the only one that expected that out of himself. Six innings, ten strikeouts, allowing just one urn run and basically his second start of the season and the first one since May. And part of the reason was, and I've been telling you this, Nell has been very confident that he's going to be able to come out and do what he did the rest of the season because of the range of motion he now has after undergoing that nanoscope procedure to remove loose bodies in his left pitching elbow. He said right away, the biggest thing he remembered when he woke up from surgery was that he actually had feeling in his fingertips that he didn't have for the entire postseason when he pitched so well going into the world. And you saw it last night. He came out and attacked with ninety six with his fastball, and the one pitch that he said was going to benefit the most because of his range of motion and having feeling in his fingertips again was his curveball. And his curveball was spectacular playing off that ninety six fastball, And certainly it's encouraging and exciting for the Dodgers to get this version of Blake Snell.
Speaker 5: David is brought to by a Ford summer sales event. Don't wait hurrying now for the best offers of the year. Go to buy Ford out dot com you or Southern California for a dealer for more information. Ford Official Vehicle of Major League Baseball. All Right, David, we're seeing guys start to trickle back here, Blake Snell being the latest last night, Will Smith, where does he stand as far as rehab and maybe coming back? Well.
Speaker 6: Dave Roberts said when we returned home that this was going to be a big week for Will Smith as far as whether or not he is going to be able to make it back this season. So far, so good. Smith is emerged out of the shadows. I think he needs a little vitamin d Tim. I think he's been spending way too much inside in the trainer's room and wherever he's been hiding out. But he is supposed to take batting practice on the field, whether it's a live VP, facing a pitcher or just being part of the group. That is going to be a huge test by the end of this homestand to see how he wakes up the next morning with that left neck. And the Dodgers are encouraged and optimistic that Smith is going to be able to make it back within the next three weeks.
Speaker 5: Well, let's hope. So with a lot of Dodgers coming back just at the right time, and Blake Snell a great example of that last night with that dominant performance. David great stuff. Will check back in with you in just a little bit. Also in postgame as well. Coming up here on Wrongo Casino, Dodgers on Dank will dive deeper to this pitching mat shop. We're gonna hear from Charlie Steiner coming up, but up next for Dodgers' Magical Moment. Dodgers and Royals one more time. Dodgers going for the three games sweet first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network. Hey, it's Taska Hernandez.
Speaker 1: This is Dodgers on Deck here every.
Speaker 13: Game on AM five to seventy or streaming on the IHI Radio.
Speaker 5: App, walking you up to Dodgers and Royals on Hello, Kiddy night out at Uniclo Field, the Dodger Stadium. Eric Lauer, Daniel Lynch, the pitching matchup. First pitch is coming up at sevent ten.
Speaker 9: With a hot Dog who wants a hot Dog?
Speaker 3: It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawpy Hot Dogs. Well, the Dodgers taken on the Royals.
Speaker 5: We go back to June thirtieth, twenty twenty three, Coffin Stadium in Kansas City. Just like he did last night. Mookie Betts had a big night.
Speaker 12: Mookie the National League also our starter in Seattle in a couple of weeks. Yo one, there's a shot down the left field and if the state's.
Speaker 14: Fair and it is goneme run Mookie Betts two for two, two home runs, twenty two on the season, Mookie two and the Royals nothing.
Speaker 5: Mookie Bets homer twice. Dodgers beat the Royals in Kansas City back in twenty twenty three, nine to three. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hofey hot Dogs, Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffey hot Dogs, local and so great. We'll hear from Mookie Betts coming up in just a little bit. But when we return here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with Charlie Steiner to lead up to first pitch. Hello, Kitty Night, Dodgers and Royals. I'm Tim Kats's the back to back of the World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 5: Lo It's the Dodgers and the Kansas City Royals, one final time Dodgers, winners of the first two games of this series. How about Blake Snell last night at the two times Say Young Award winner and World Series Champion. With a dominant performance last night, struck out seven of the first ten batters that he faced. He was cruising, did not get the decision as the Dodgers had another come from behind win in a victory over the Royals. Time now for the Verizon startup, as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your SoCal for veris in store today. We welcome in Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 12: All right, Tim, the Dodgers looking for a clean sweep over the Kansas City Royals.
Speaker 1: This is Game one twenty one.
Speaker 12: Forty two games remain in the final forty six days of the season. And like any great theatrical production, there's gotta be a big beginning and a big ending night. Certainly that was the case Moke, beginning with Blake Snell and ending with Max Mounzi.
Speaker 7: Well and for Max Munsey stood told. Now for the second game, in a row. And this Dodger ball club too, Charlie. I mean, you start to look at what they were able to do. First of all, tie it in the bottom of the ninth inning with Mookie Benz a blooped single to right field. Bets with three hits, including a home run that he hit in the ball game as well. So overall the Dodgers playing much much better than the club that we saw on the road in the most recent road trip. But still one more game to go is they go for the sweep here tonight against the Kansas City Royals.
Speaker 12: Well, the moment Blake Snell took to the hill last night, you thought, okay, the Dodger rotation has certainly been improved.
Speaker 9: And then the way he.
Speaker 12: Pitched last night, calling all cars the Dodgers. Now you're looking at Schooble, who is only so so for him and his first start. You have him and of course Yamamoto, and you throw Snell into the mix, as he was terrific last night.
Speaker 9: Looking to the postseason. Then it starts to get real serious. It does.
Speaker 7: And for Snell, what a game, I mean, coming back you had not pitched since the ninth of May. And for him to go six innings, did not give up a base hit until one out in the top of the fourth inning. He was just amazing. And ten strikeouts on top of it. I thought his command of the strike zone was absolutely fantastic because he walked only one. He was in control of not just the fastball but also the change up. He threw some very good curve balls on top of it. So very good outing for Snell. And what big, big statement that he made. The big question now after Snell going the six innings, it took five relievers to close out the rest of the ball game and going ten innings, so there's going to be not a federal plethora of arms available in the bullpen tonight. So it's a big night for the starter, that being Eric Layer to go as long and as deep into this game as possible.
Speaker 12: Note about Snell, he was economical in his work last night. Just eighty four pitches of which fifty five or strikes, and at no time was he threatened at all. He looked like the Blake Snell that we've always thought about and generally don't get to see until September in October, but this August performance was twice out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and Dave Roberts juggled the batty order around a little bit last night. It's going to change again tonight. It'll be Otani Bajes and then Freeman and Mookie Betz moves up one slot. Also in the other starting lineup, it'll be Hunter Fiducia behind the plate and doing the catching with Miguel Rojas at second bay. So this is a ball club too that we're beginning now to see. Dave Roberts, he talked about it yesterday before the ballgame, trying to get some different personnel at bats, getting two games because, as you mentioned to him in game number one twenty one, at some point in time, they're going to need the complete outfit to fit. Hey, I'm ready to go. I've played recently. I've gotten some swings, have been able to play some defense on top of it. So we're gonna see some different faces, at least for right now. I doubt we see a lot of different faces over the weekend when the Brewers come in.
Speaker 12: No, that's the A team, and the Brewers, by the way, lost this afternoon down in San Diego four to three. In eleven. The Padres simply outplayed what is usually a very good Brewer team, but they're gonna come limping into Dodgers Stadium with a three game losing streak and that's beginning.
Speaker 5: To borrow night.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's a little bit different for the Brewers because they have played well. We have seen them over the years. Fundamentally, they have stacked up very well against different teams. Not the case as you were mentioning in that series of San Diego to see what happens tomorrow night. But for the Dodgers, they got to be focused on trying to get a victory here tonight and make it number seventy three in the win column this year.
Speaker 12: So in the battle for the best record in the National League, the Dodge Now, as the Brewers lost today, a game and a half behind Milwaukee. Again, all the possibilities of the postseason and who plays where and whether or not there's gonna be a wild card between the Brewers, Dodgers, and Braves going right down to the stretch. And we'll be scoreboard watching those teams because it is very important to the Dodgers. Eric lower is going for the Dodgers tonight against Daniel Lynch, the fourth coming up.
Speaker 5: Tim, All right, thank you, Charlie. Dodgers Baseball is presented by uniclow Field at Dodgers Stadium. Visit uniclode dot com. Slash us still to come here. On Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, We're gonna dive deeper to this pitching matchup Daniel Lynch. He's coming a starter now after being a reliever most of his career in the Major leagues. You had Eric lower nine to one the Dodgers record when he pitches in the games. Start for his first loss last time out in Chicago's going to bounce back from that. But when we come back last night, he had a big game Mookie before that great sit down interview. You're not gonna want to miss Dodgers and Royals first pitch at seven ten. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Keats's the back to back World stary champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and the Kansas City Royals on this Wednesday night. Hello, Kitty and friends, night out at the Ravine. Hope you're enjoying yourself out there, Eric Lauer and Daniel Lynch. The pitching manship as the Dodgers go for the sweet first pitch is coming up at seven to ten. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at shakeys dot com. Well, last night, Mookie Betts a big reason why the Dodgers won the game over the Kansas City Royals. I had a home run, three hits in the game. And before that, Mookie Bett sat down with Petro some money from AMFI seventy LA Sports to talk about this season and about the Dodgers turnaround this year.
Speaker 15: It feels like every year, I mean since you've been on the Dodgers and when you came. I remember the night Matt and I were doing the radio show. There's some kind of celebration. You know, Tani's signing Rokie signing Yamamoto. The Scoopal trade was a big celebration in the streets in LA. What's he like and what's it like to compete with a guy like that?
Speaker 5: So he's awesome, He's awesome.
Speaker 4: I got to talk to him a little bit during the All MLB Awards and I really got to feel for who he was.
Speaker 5: And then when he came over, I mean you can feel it.
Speaker 4: You can feel it his intensity, especially when he's when he's pitching, but when he's when he's not pitching yet, he's just hanging out. He's just a dude, you know, He's just a dute. He enjoys being around the guys. He enjoys competing and whatever it is, whether it's lifting weights or whatever. You can just see that his fire. He's kind of good and I'm glad he's an our team.
Speaker 13: Is there a I mean it feels like you guys that the Dodgers recruit themselves. I mean clearly with the winning and this everything that surrounds us right now. But when you mentioned MLB Awards and like, there were some videos floating around of you in the past talking to guys at All Star games, So tany talking to him at the All Star Game? Are you recruiting or are you guys just kind of shooting it now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know why that keeps, Like are we supposed to not talk to anybody or whatever? You know, Like it's just the conversation. You know, we're just we just talked. We don't ever, No, I don't do that. I'm not recruiting like you said. I mean, I don't even have nothing to do with that. Yeah, I can't even that's Andrew and those guys, and so no, I'm just talking now. These are my peers. These essentially the guys I'm doing life with. You know, I'm gonna be with these guys for twenty years, and so they just become friends and conversations or conversations. But never never in my trying to recruit somebody to come to be a Dodger.
Speaker 5: I mean, either you want to be or you're not.
Speaker 9: Seventy five with a light breeze in La today. I don't know.
Speaker 15: Overall, you guys have had so much success, and it's been so much fun to watch the team grow over the years and and be what it is today.
Speaker 9: How do you think you'll remember these times?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 15: I mean, because look back to twenty eighteen, it feels like a really long time ago. And I mean you were the toast of baseball and here you guys are still doing it.
Speaker 9: What do you think your perspective will be?
Speaker 4: I truly don't don't know, but I think I'll be I'll be happy. I think I'll be happy, and I'll be able to look back and say, like, I got an opportunity that most people don't get, and that's really just to win every year. I remember when I when I signed here, I told Andrew in the front and the owners, like, you got to promise me that we're going to have a chance to win every year. And they promise, and they've held up their promise and they've kept adding, kept adding, and I think, think, uh, you know, this this stretch of of my my years I get to play, I think I'll always remember just because I actually legitimately got a chance to win every year, and now I have a chance to be in the history books. And so I mean, my cousin played in the big leagues and he never made postseason. So for me to be able to, I've only think I've only missed postseason twice, and that's that's a blessing in itself. And so I'll definitely be happy with the with the career I've had so much.
Speaker 15: For the villains of baseball, right, it doesn't really feel like you guys don't really fit the villain Bill, Yeah, you know, how do you guys, how do you process that?
Speaker 9: Or you just shrug it off.
Speaker 4: Or we just shrug it off because it's like, I mean, if you go around and look all the teams, they like talking to us, you know, and we we enjoy uh when people get on base, we're talking laughing when you know, we go to all MLB awards or any anywhere, Like we're talking to guys, and so there's no bad dudes there. So being the villains for what I don't fully know, but waiting it is, Yeah, I guess it is.
Speaker 5: We're supposed to lose, right, So it is what it is.
Speaker 13: So when whenever this happens, I don't know, fifteen years from now and everyone here is sitting in the stands, we got our corona and we're enjoying the evening and number fifty is being retired up there. Do you have like do you have a reel in your brain of like what plays would be running behind you on Diamond Vision? Are there moments that you can remember that just immediately jumped to mind that you can think about.
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe, I mean not all I think it's I don't ever like take a second to step back and look at what I've done, maybe because I'm in it, and so I think when I'm done, I actually be able to tear my brain off and then look back. But at the top of my head, probably in the twenty twenty World Series in the bubble, I made and right there was some good play that I've made, and she went defense first, defense first. Yeah, hitting, I mean it's kind of here and there you'll have a big moment.
Speaker 5: I mean, it is what it is.
Speaker 4: But I feel like for me, most of them are going to be on the defensive end, and you know, kind of I feel like I've changed the game the most on that side of the ball.
Speaker 5: All right, there's Mookie Bets with Petro some money on I Am five seven e LA Sports. Some interesting thoughts about post career Mookie Bets and what he's going through right now is the Dodgers are being called the villains of baseball. So I hope you enjoyed that. As he leads up to first pitch Dodgers and Royals on this Wednesday night, as the Dodgers go for the three games sweep, looking to pick up another half game on the Diamondbacks, don't look now with the Padres have leapfrogged Arizona for second place in the stadiums. Will update you on that when we come back. As we leads up to first pitch, I'm Tim Keats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game.
Speaker 1: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and Royals on this Wednesday night, final game of this three game set. Dodgers going for the sweep. Continued that winning streak up to three first pitch coming up at seven to ten.
Speaker 3: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup brought to.
Speaker 5: You by here Toyota Dealers. We make it easy. Daniel Lynch on the mound for Kansas City four and three with a two to forty five e R. A twenty nine year old left handers sixth season in the big leagues. He was the starter for the first three years, then he moved back to the bullpen became a reliever primarily. It's made forty seven appearances this season, all but one of come and relieve. The one that wasn't was last time out where he got the start. They're trying to build him back up as a starter because of injuries last time out one and two third innings, four runs, three hits, and the loss of the cups. He's not stretched out, so don't expect too much. Maybe two innings at the most. He has left haded hitters to a one to fifty average this year, which is fourth lowest in the AL. He's won three active pitchers in Major League based lab Baseball to have made at least fifty starts and one hundred relief appearances with one team. How about that. He's one to zero with a three to eighteen ERA and three prior outings against the Dodgers, limiting them to a one eighty six batting average his first time pitching at Unico Field at Dodgers Stadium. Eric Lauer on the mound for the Dodgers six and six with the forty nine ERA overall in this season that includes his time with the Toronto Blue Jays. Thirty one year old left tender in his ninth season, making his sixteenth start this year, but with the Dodgers, making his eleventh appearance. In his tenth start last time out, wasn't his best four inning and six runs eleven hits that came in a loss to the Cubs at Wrigley Field. Still, the Dodgers are nine and one when Eric Lauer pitches, and five in one is his record with the Dodgers for the three seventy two EER after being traded over from the Toronto Blue Jays back on May seventeenth. Across three games one start against Kansas City in his career, Eric lawer' is one to zero with a three to eighteen ERA and his last outing against him September twenty first. Last year, he had a perfect inning of relief. Eric Lawer Daniel Lynch. It's the Dodgers and the Royals. We're fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Keys to the game are coming up next. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Kase's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All season Low Low.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and the Royals on this Wednesday night. Dodgers going to action, first place atop the NL West at seventy two and forty eight. Don't look down, but the Dodgers of one two in a row, the Kansas City Royals picking up the rear of the AL Central at forty nine. At seventy two, they have lost three straight seven of their last ten. They are pretty much out of it as far as the AL West Central and Wildcard race is concerned. As for the Dodgers, they go in to play with an eight game lead over the San Diego Padres, who won. They are red hot, having won now five in a row. The Arizona Diamondbacks lost, so they drop a game back and fall into third place in the NL West, nine games back of the Dodgers. Says, we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo start Great moments. Yeah, they start with Sapporo beer. Whatever your taste preference. Soporo has you cover with the variety of crispin refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Soporo good with sushi, great with baseball. All right, we head back out to the booth. Tim nevert Rick, Monday, Guys.
Speaker 2: Tim, thanks again. We count you down to the first pitch tonight at Uniclo Field, a Dodgers Stadium, should be a great night for baseball. The Dodgers trying to sweep the Kansas City Royals in this interleague series. Daniel Lynch, a left hander, will go. Formerly a reliever, he'd made forty six straight relief appearances before being sent back to the starting rotation and the Royals having him get stretched out as he goes. He only went one in two thirds innings against the Cubs on Friday and taking a loss. He gave up four runs, three earned in that game, and tonight expected to go about three before reliever Mason Black would take over for multiple innings.
Speaker 7: Yea, And for Lynch, out of necessity getting to start as brief as it may possibly be. They're trying to edge him into that starting rotation a little bit more because of injuries they've had in their starting rotation. Show for Eric Lower against the Cubs last Wednesday, the losing pitcher four innings, six earned runs on eleven hits, and I would imagine that that breaking ball is going to be better here tonight in being able to do things the other thing for Lower to keep the ball in the ballpark. He's given up twenty two home runs and tonight, making his sixteen start plus three appearances out of the bullpen.
Speaker 2: You'll have some help in the bullpen tonight. Landon Nack is here from Triple A. He can go multiple innings, but the Dodgers are hoping that Lawer can eat up some innings himself. Lower and Lynch the pitching matchup. The Dodgers eight games in front of the San Diego Padres, looking for the three game sweep and win numbers seventy three as they try to get their third win in a row against the Kansas City Royals.
Speaker 5: Jim all Right, Yeah, Dodgers seventy two and forty eight. Atlanta is seventy three and forty eight, so they have picked up a win and ahead of the Dodgers. Both teams looking up for the Milwaukee Brewers, who are seventy four and forty seven but fresh off getting swept, while the San Diego Padres they've been playing five hundred baseball the last ten days. All Right, first pitches next. Eric Lauer on the mound, looking to bounce back after his last outing in Chicago. David Vessid's got you covered with all the post game when it's over, and enjoy it. This has been Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your back to back World Series Champion Dodgers AUDI you a network