Speaker 1: Piece of advice.
Speaker 2: Your subcil company would never offer you free flowers for a survey. It's war of the roses.
Speaker 3: I'm Katie w B.
Speaker 4: You know, you listen to the Dave Ryan Show, you learn things like, you know, I learned the other day that I used to think a stop sign with a white border around it was optional, And I thought, yeah, well I thought it was a stop sign. Yeah, And then I learned on the radio here that the white border around the stop sign doesn't mean it's optional, furrowing my entire life. I've been zipping through these stop signs that have a white border on them. We got somebody on the show, Emma, you learned something on the show too, Emma, what did you learn on the Dave Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Well, I learned that I could look up myself and anyone's public court records.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, Okay.
Speaker 5: I talked about that once where I said I would go on first dates and just look up the guy on public access courts to see if he had, you know, a wrap sheet.
Speaker 1: And so apparently I'm spreading the news to one and all.
Speaker 4: Okay, because it guess to be a good thing to know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: So you go online you're poking around, what did you find?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I probably should have done it after the first date, but I did not.
Speaker 2: I waited until after about five months.
Speaker 6: Of getting this kind of set.
Speaker 2: Long story short.
Speaker 6: Is that I well, maybe not short, but I was. Of course.
Speaker 2: My first thing was to look up my own records and be like, you know, oh, what's what's out there on me? Which, by the way they do there is you can get information like it's my old parking tickets.
Speaker 7: Wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyway, So I was poking around my own files and then I'm like, well, I won't you know what I am set? So I start poking around. I put in Death's name. There was actually two entries of the same name, but I could tell one was the same age as him and the other one was like seventy five or something.
Speaker 6: So which one was him? And I under his name? I see I've published four failure to pay child support.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's one thing, but I did not even know this guy has a kid.
Speaker 4: Oh dang. And it's been five months into the relationship.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I know it's his profile because everything else matches.
Speaker 6: The phone number matches, his address matches.
Speaker 2: So I know it's him because at first, I really needed to make sure that I wasn't like I didn't want to think I have the wrong person and look like a real crazy if I you know, if it wasn't him. But like I said, all the data match. So I had to confront him about it, and I did, and he was said.
Speaker 6: His excuse to me is, I just wanted to get to know you first before I told you about my kid.
Speaker 2: But did I tay you the part where it's been five months?
Speaker 4: Mentioned you did mention five months? Yeah, so I mean you got five months of history.
Speaker 2: Together, five months of history together and then oh and then he hits me with and.
Speaker 6: This is this is like a trigger word for me.
Speaker 2: But whenever I hear a guy say that his ex is crazy, to me, that's like red flag.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, what does that have to do with him not telling you? And five months? I mean think of like I'm gonna guess you spent nights together and went places together and held hands and touched butts and things like that.
Speaker 8: So and so he's the ugly bumps. Yes, okay, that's good, But so now what makes you want to call and think that he's cheating?
Speaker 2: Well, so again, it's because he said, my ex is crazy. That's the red flag for me because I don't think it has anything to do, like you said, with the fact that his ex is crazy. I think that he's just trying to keep up a bunch of different lies. And it makes me think that if he's doing this so easily to me, I don't know. If I'm with him three nights out.
Speaker 6: Of the week, what's he doing the other four I never.
Speaker 2: Talked to me, you know, so I just something feels off, you know, it's it's feel intershy, it's smell intersh. It was weird enough to find out that he had a kid, and now I just all of my senses are on high alert and I want to know for even more.
Speaker 4: I'll give you another red flag, the fact that he didn't pay child support long enough that he got taken to court for it. That's what I was because you know, if there's like a month, and you know, if you're young and you don't have the bunny, usually they take it right out of your paycheck, so you don't have a choice. But if he's not working, I think he's still obligated to pay child support. He just did not, so I think we already know a lot about his character, but I think we can at least call and see who he'll send roses to. Here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna call him and give him the whole line about we'll give you a survey and if you take the survey, you win roses. Who do you want to send the roses to? And that's the moment that we can catch him. So stay there and we'll be right back. Okay, time to pull.
Speaker 1: Out those receipts.
Speaker 4: Part two or the roses starts right now on Katie.
Speaker 2: You be.
Speaker 7: So she was digging around online looking up the guy she's been seeing, and she was like, hmmm, this is interesting. Didn't know he had a kid because there was a failure to pay child support.
Speaker 9: I didn't even know you could look somebody up like that on public access right.
Speaker 7: Looking all of us up online the last few minutes to see what we got.
Speaker 5: Jenny has nothing I have on her record. V I actually I didn't look you up, but I feel like you just don't have anything because you're not from here.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: But I do have four records, but they're all parking records because I was, you know, parking weird in a during a winter storm or something. Yeah, but when you click into them you can see that I went and I got forgiven for them.
Speaker 1: So it's not that big of a deal.
Speaker 4: But this, this guy is a bigger deal.
Speaker 7: Yes, hiding hiding things for sure. So we're gonna find out.
Speaker 1: Is he cheating?
Speaker 7: Is he lying to her about more stuff? Let's get right into it. Why can I talk to Seth?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 3: This is said, Hi Seth.
Speaker 7: My name's Tiffany, So I work with and I know you're one of our valued customers. So I was wondering if you had a few minutes to take a quick satisfaction survey with me.
Speaker 1: We do have a thank you, We'll give you roses. What was that?
Speaker 3: I'm actually no longer with thank you so much with all, but I am not on the list or shouldn't be anymore.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you why you're not with anymore?
Speaker 3: I'm going to be quite frank y'all over before so oh, I just went with the page you go home, So thank you though, Okay, well.
Speaker 7: You know, honestly, just for taking up a few minutes of your time today, I would love to still get some roses sent out for.
Speaker 1: You, because I feel a little bit bad that.
Speaker 7: I even bothered you, especially if you had such a bad experience. So what we normally do is send out roses for taking the survey, and I'd still like to do that for you. I just would need to know who would you want to send those roses to?
Speaker 10: Okay, yeah, as long as you guys, do you take me off the list? I would love to if I can get this done, it's the last thing.
Speaker 3: Send them to a Crystal if this will just wrap everything up?
Speaker 7: Sure, Sorry I didn't catch that name. Who did you say you wanted to send the roses to Crystal? Okay, yeah, perfect, we'll get that. I'll set like I said, I'll get.
Speaker 1: You off our list. We won't be bothering you anymore.
Speaker 7: One last thing, though, is I can't attach a card with the roses, so if you'd like, you can write a note on there for Crystal.
Speaker 3: M Yeah. Actually, let's put just put love to you and Dakota.
Speaker 1: Love to you and Dakota. Okay, who's who's Dakota?
Speaker 3: That's my little girl. That's my daughter.
Speaker 1: Oh how old is she?
Speaker 3: She's about six going on seven, so she is six.
Speaker 4: I love kids, you love kids. I love kids. Yeah, I love kids, love kids. Well, you sound like a proud dad. Let me just kind of drop a bomb on you here that this whole thing was just a trick set up by your girlfriend Emma to see if you would send roses to her.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: None of us are with the phone company. We're all with Katie WB radio radio. Yeah, what were you gonna say?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 3: You're with the radio?
Speaker 4: With the radio?
Speaker 3: You guys are calling me though. Okay, so you guys are on the radio and my ex set this up exactly.
Speaker 4: Yes, no, I didn't even have to explain it. Yes, that's exactly right.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: And and so.
Speaker 3: Emma definitely take me off the list. That's cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Emma was Emma? Tell tell Seth why you were suspicious that he might not be quite honest with you about Emma's on the phone she is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yeah, Emma's on the phone.
Speaker 2: Emma, your ex, sorry, your ex called to set this up on your X Now was that your ex last week.
Speaker 3: On the radio? What a great way to communicate.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, sure, yeah, I sent my ex roses.
Speaker 3: Thanks for I would have loved to have talked about this in a different way. Yes, I sent my ex and my daughter, Roses, I don't think it's a big deal. So just take a second. Obviously you're not thinking ractually because you wanted to talk.
Speaker 10: You're using a radio station to talk to me. Calm down, like you're acting insane. We could have done this. I don't over coffee in like two hours.
Speaker 3: But now we're talking to other people.
Speaker 6: Wow, did you.
Speaker 2: All tell me to calm down? Like when has that ever worked? And like what else are you keeping from me?
Speaker 4: Why would.
Speaker 3: Why is commen? So you have to calm down because what if you're in a situation where you had you do not want, Roses, this is a sweetest thing.
Speaker 6: I'm out.
Speaker 3: I did a sweet thing for my family. And what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: I think, Emma, I think she ung up.
Speaker 3: I'm done.
Speaker 4: Nobody ever hangs up the person calling nobody, They never hang up.
Speaker 1: It's always the guy with him. I don't know.
Speaker 7: That's like the biggest sign of gas lighting. And to meaning I think i've heard in a while. Don't tell a woman to calm down? Have you ever told a listen to calm down before?
Speaker 9: And I'm still still suffering for.
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 9: Never tell let me tell you a woman. But also my Alyssa' is a Hispanic like a Latina woman. She will beat me whatever she got in sight. You said, relax, You said, oh, man, can I be honest?
Speaker 7: I kind of want to be a fly on the wall in Von's apartment one day when him and Alyssa get into it, because I just.
Speaker 9: Like, there's no winning for me.
Speaker 1: Jenny, No, it's not that probably no winning.
Speaker 7: I just like the spiciness of your guys' relationship where it's like I curl up in a ball and cry.
Speaker 9: It's spicy, and her and I are both fire signs. So will go me and me a back and forth. Never tell a woman to relax, especially when you know you're in the wrong.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a lot of people are texting it and they're like peak gaslighting and gaslighting a hole she needs to run. Every state has public records, so we could definitely look up boons in Jersey if we need to. But man, I that guy sounded like, honestly one of the worst guys we've had.
Speaker 1: On in a long time.
Speaker 7: So I hope that she is done, done, done done.
Speaker 5: I hope he does pay his child support. Thought. Yeah,