Speaker 1: We are very excited to have a special guest in the show coming up in a minute, coach Kevin O'Connell from the Minnesota Vikings. He is going to come in to just kind of chat about the team a little bit and the season and upcoming games and and Kevin O'Connell stay here to hear the coach live on Katie WB. That is pretty cool and exclusive. Well not really because everybody interviews the coach, but we got him. Kevin O'Connell coming up next on kd doubbull.
Speaker 2: Ub The Dave Ryan Show on kad W.
Speaker 3: Shout out line o'lox, just ask my nephew.
Speaker 2: Is he in that one?
Speaker 3: No, he's in Canyon City.
Speaker 2: Where's that?
Speaker 3: Come on?
Speaker 2: He's in coloradoferent there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: We're pretty excited because we don't get an opportunity to talk to big sports figures on our show very often, but today very special guest on the show, coach of the Minnesota Vikings, Kevin O'Connell.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show. The morning Coach.
Speaker 4: Hey, Coach O'Connell. Here, I would say good morning, but unfortunately it's it's.
Speaker 3: Not hy's wrong? What's wrong? Coach?
Speaker 4: Well, I want to I want to make it clear that I haven't slept since uh Sunday. Yeah, every time I close my eyes, I just see a big red nine swirling around in my brain.
Speaker 3: Nine. Why a nine?
Speaker 4: Well, well, you know, uh, we got we got a team of fifty three guys and I'm really proud of fifty one of them.
Speaker 1: Oh nine, I get it, I get it. Okay, nine, I'm sorry. That's got to be disappointed. It's been rough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry, Kevin.
Speaker 4: I could I could give you some coach speech, but at the end of the day, our problem is quarterback. I'm just going to be straight up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we kind of we kind of gathered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well what can what can we do about it?
Speaker 4: Well, uh, you know, at this point, if you have ever worn a Vikings jersey or ever thrown a spiral in your life, you know it could be college, high school, at intermural sports. We're desperate at this point. Just come down to the to the Vikings training facility and well we'll try out.
Speaker 5: Oh I used to play football at recess with all the boys.
Speaker 2: Could I come?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, that would be perfect.
Speaker 2: I hadn't thrown a football, but I can draw a spiral. Is that fine?
Speaker 4: At this point, you're probably you can get nall.
Speaker 6: I did get a Vikings jersey number sixty nine, so I could, but dazzle it. Can I come and audition for the play's perfect? You know a game?
Speaker 4: How?
Speaker 3: What what is the job pay? Coach?
Speaker 4: Uh? Well, we're kind of up against the cap space at this point. Uh, but you know we could give you a firm handshake and a ticket to Valley Fair.
Speaker 2: Oh that is kind of nice. That's a little to get a Valley Fair.
Speaker 5: Okay, No, you don't think those quarterbacks make a lot of money, so I was at least hoping to.
Speaker 2: Get like a couple thousand.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks for the appeal like that. There's probably a lot of people who are interested. So just come on down. And how do you think the Vikings are going to do this coming Sunday?
Speaker 4: I would I would say no comment about that.
Speaker 1: Well, coaches always now, come on, coach, be fair. Coaches always make a comment. That's their job when they interview on Channel nine or they're talking to Randy Shape or they always.
Speaker 3: Have a comment.
Speaker 2: Should he should he be hopefuler?
Speaker 4: I don't understand, Well, I asked justin Jefferson if he could pass the ball to himself. But apparently the physics just aren't there.
Speaker 2: Oh dang it. Maybe maybe this week, maybe it'll change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's always next year, coach Kevin O'Connell.
Speaker 3: Viking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's so dreamy. Wow he is.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, said she dreaming.
Speaker 5: I think Kevin might need impressed training though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out Lino Lakes. I did the text and says Lino Lakes. Prison is listening this morning. Where's rush City? Rush City? Where are you come on? Red Wing? Where are your red Wing? Give you a shout out. We'll be back in a second with you can't make this stuff up on Katie.
Speaker 4: Four.
Speaker 3: He said it before. I'll say it again.
Speaker 1: I'm loving those cat videos where the cat is playing the bongoes on the front porch and the woman comes out. She's like, you know, bongoes at midnight. Next thing you know, he's playing the xylophone. No, then he's got the fiddle that he's got a dirigido dirigid.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm I'm coming an old lady. I mean, I'm becoming your aunt Martha coming.
Speaker 5: Well, at least you know that as Ai though, which I know that one's pretty obvious, but I'm telling you there are people shared things that I'm like, are you serious?
Speaker 1: Showed that one to Alison yesterday with the cat playing the fiddle, and Alison's like, is that ai?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, oh.
Speaker 1: Even cats know how hard it is to get men to pay attention to them. A new study found that cats me out more to men than to women, for the reason because guys were focused on other things. We're not great listeners. It is true, we're not great listeners. According to study, men require more explicit vocalizations to notice and respond to the needs of their cats. So basically, they documented the experient experimented. They found the cat's greeted mail owners with an average of four and a half me ows in the first one hundred seconds she's compared to just one point eight mews for the women. The study concluded that women talk to their cats more, or mimic their meals, or appear to be more skilled interpreting feline vocalization.
Speaker 7: Is it easier to raise a cat than it is a doll? Because Bailey informed me this morning, cat's kind of teach them. Cat's got to watch themselves. Yeah, they do watch themselves.
Speaker 6: So my cat was essentially alone all during my vacation because he has an automatic feeder.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that they could happen. Yeah, so I.
Speaker 6: Mean my mom's cat, she also has an automatic feeder, and she didn't have anyone go and check on him. And he was assume fine, probably annoyed, but fine. My cat's a little clinging, so I would ask people to go and pet him for a little bit. But yeah, they use the litter box on their own. You don't have to teach them to do that, they just know.
Speaker 3: Is that amazing?
Speaker 1: It is a gift from God that cats know how to use the litter box on their own. Yeah, and that they clean themselves too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, huh, so is it easier to raise a cat than a dog?
Speaker 3: All that?
Speaker 2: Plus you don't have to walk them, Yes, you do have.
Speaker 5: To let them outside to like go to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I always recommend getting a cat, And like, I like dogs because people think, like, whoa Bailey's a cat? Lady. I like dogs, but a dog is like actual very big responsibility. A cat cannot for like a day and a half. Yeah, and you cannot ignore dog for more than six hours.
Speaker 1: Not really, No, that's a but dogs are, let's face it, they're just better companions. I said, opinion. I said it. I believe it. You know it is my opinion. No, your cat is a lovely cates.
Speaker 2: He let me kissed him on the lips yesterday.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: If you missed me cat Roger, which you say Susan's cat. Anyway, if that cat loved you more, you probably would have different feelings about it. But because you haven't had a cat that like loves you as much as a dog does, I feel like that's why you're like, no, doctor better.
Speaker 3: I did shout out Wally rip.
Speaker 1: He was a cat that I adopted when I was probably twenty three, and he was my buddy. He slept on the bed, he greeted me at the door, He laid at my feet, he laid on the desk. He would get in the sink while I was like trying to brush my teeth. Billy baby, he was my boy. Guys, all right. Coming up on Dave's dirt, I started watching the Diddy Netflix documentary last night, and I will reveal some of the shocking secrets because you didn't know a lot of stuff about it. I didn't know a lot of stuff about Diddy. Diddy was not a good person, but he kept it well hidden for a long time. I will reveal some of the things that you didn't know about Diddy coming up on Dave's dirt. Stay here on one to one point three kd WB.
Speaker 2: We coul dance.
Speaker 3: We could dance on that.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Sarah down to the doctor's office, because Sarah took care of my pill swallow guess today right around this time yesterday, So I had to go to that. I've had belly pain for years and years, and they've done every procedure you can imagine, at least three times. I've gone to the mayo I've got, I went to a hypnotist, I went to a chiropractor. I've had this camera swallow, this colonoscopy, this endoscopy. One time they hung me upside down and shook me to see if think anything would come out. Did anything far No money, money, but so I not that anybody cares. But I went down to the doctor yesterday and did the camera pill swallow. And it's a pill about the size of the tip of your pinky finger, so it's not small, but it's not large, and you swallow it and you wear a belt that gets the signal from the camera and it takes a picture of every few seconds or whatever, it goes through your belly, and then you wear a little immerse, a little merse that's.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 2: No, I wore it yesterday.
Speaker 3: I wore it.
Speaker 1: No, I wore until four o'clock yesterday, took it back down. So then the agony of this is like anybody waiting for test results. You're not sure whether they're gonna come in today or in two weeks.
Speaker 5: And we were talking yesterday about how you'll go to your my chart and Dave's like yeah, and then you go your my chart and just says fatal and.
Speaker 6: Answer answer, Well, I'll say like inconclusive, or they'll say negative and you'll be like negative. That's bad because you can't actually read it because it doesn't make sense to you.
Speaker 1: Well, that's true, but I did talking to the wonderful person who works there. She said, I will call you with the results. Okay, So now I got to sit around and you know, you think the results are kind of like like when I went in I got tested for her paganica clamitterhea because I was the itching and the burning and the osing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So and then they call with the results and you always expect them to be negative. Ah, and thank god I was negative for her pagana chlamitterrhea. Well that's nice, but you're always a little bit worried about results of something more serious.
Speaker 6: When I had COVID the first time, I thought, oh, I'm gonna go get tested and they're gonna let me know because this was like OG and they never called me or said anything to me, like in person. I found out like on the my chart, and I was just like someone told me they would call me if.
Speaker 2: I was positive. Then I want to get contracted to this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and here I'm I'm not okay, Well great, this is awesome. So I hope, well, I hope they actually do call you if there's something actually Wrongly.
Speaker 1: I will not go on my chart to find a result. No, I will not because what if? Because I do not want to find out without a doctor or a nurse or somebody to give me some reassurance that there is hope.
Speaker 5: But you're not gonna I get like text messages and emails about it, and so I like just have to at that point.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I feel like it's like when your dad texts you that your aunt died, you know, like, why are you texting me this?
Speaker 2: This is a phone call.
Speaker 6: And I feel like if you had cancer in your stomach, they should call you.
Speaker 2: When you were younger, Dave, did you swallow a cigarette lighter? We read some story yesterday, a guy, this is a real story.
Speaker 3: I want to hear it.
Speaker 2: This is a real story.
Speaker 7: Sixty seven year old man in China was struggling with bloating and stomach pain. He went to go get an endoscopy and he realized thirty years ago on a dare he swallowed a cigarette like and it never and it never dissolved or likes.
Speaker 5: And the best, Dave, is when they got it taken out, it still worked.
Speaker 3: Making that we did.
Speaker 5: You can't make this stuff up already, but that was what was the story yesterday when you had left.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it just.
Speaker 6: Took a mile once it was looked back at eating history.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm reading it right now.
Speaker 7: Once it was removed, doctor said it had been corroded by stomach acid, but it still had gas inside and it still worked.
Speaker 5: Wow, obviously, And then we were talking about like, what did you swallow when you were younger? Because I swallowed a penny one time. I was like, I remember laying in my backyard and I was like, I'm going to put a penny on my tongue and then it went like too far on the back of my tongue and lodged on my throat and then I started screaming and riding and my mom was like, we gotta go to the yard.
Speaker 3: That doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 2: What did you get in?
Speaker 3: Bailey got it?
Speaker 2: I got it, you get it. You don't get a skipper over here? Can I tell you a Jungle cruse skipper pond really quick?
Speaker 1: Okay, but no, Bailey just got back from Disney and Bailey had a great time. You see the pictures and it's all on Bailey on air on Instagram. You want to Jungle Cruise.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and the Jungle Cruise and they are very punny, like a boat drivers.
Speaker 2: They just give ponds left and right. And I really loved this one. She said.
Speaker 6: I know different families have different things that they put on top of the tree. Some do angels. My family puts a star on the top of the tree. And you know, it does get a little exhausting sitting up there all the time. But I do it for the family, okay, and I'm going to continue doing it.
Speaker 5: I feel like I knew where that one was going.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 2: I had to write it down because I liked it.
Speaker 1: I thought, you say, so Danny DeVito sits up there all the time.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's like she's the star.
Speaker 3: She's the star.
Speaker 6: I only thought because you said sense. And she was like, oh, did you know that a shark can swim faster than a dime? And I said, that makes sense and she said, yeah, it makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: And then I knew I ruined to the joke.
Speaker 6: Wait, say that again, a shark can swim faster than a dime.
Speaker 5: Pill?
Speaker 6: And I said. I was like, because I like to, you know, give back a little bit. So I'm like, hm, that makes sense, and that she put it at me.
Speaker 2: She goes, yeah, it makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: I don't get the joke.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 5: For the first time you said it, it sounds like you said sharp. So then I was thrown off and.
Speaker 6: I was like, oh, no, the news that has Hollywood talking Dave's start on Katie w b h.
Speaker 1: This is really interesting. I'm not a huge Diddy follower, even before he became awful, or we knew he was awful, But everybody knows about Diddy and he's kind of an interesting guy. He came to the radio station one time, right around the time after he put out his ditty Patron or whatever, and he had just did Diddy Runs the City, and he ran the marathon, the New York City Marathon, in like three hours and forty minutes.
Speaker 3: And he challenged me.
Speaker 1: He said that I could call him if I finished the marathon in under four hours, while I did not, so I couldn't call him. But he was Actually celebrities come in and they turn on there they put on their best face. But here are some of the things that are going on with the docu series Sean Combs The Reckoning. Watched part of it last night. Did he claim the personal videos in the series were obtained illegally. He secretly suspects that a family member betrayed him and leaked the clips to producer fifty Cent. The director released a statement and respond to the seas and desist letter, said, we obtained the footage legally and have the necessary rights. We moved heaven and earth to keep the filmmaker's identity confidential. Here's some of the draw jaw dropping moments. At age three, did He's dad was a New York City drug dealer, was murdered, and his mother through wild parties that introduced Didty to wild and kinky stuff his own mother did in the early nineties. You might not have known this when did He threw a celebrity basketball game that resulted in a stampede that killed nine people. So they sold the gym or they sold tickets for twelve dollars to go into this high school gym for celebrity basketball. The crowd bomb rushed, which I guess is like, you know, you bum rush the door so you don't have to pay to get in, And the doors opened toward the crowd, not away from the crowd. Does that make sense. So the crowd got crushed against the door, and the more people pushed, the more people died. It was terrible. He is implicated in the murders of both Biggie and Tupac. He supposedly paid for the shooting death of Tupac in September ninety six. Six months later, he ushered Biggie to his death. The claim that he concocted a plan that kept Biggie from traveling to Europe, so that Biggie state in La where he was shot and killed in March of nineteen ninety seven. A former sex worker named Clayton Howard claimed that did he paid him to attend a freak off every March ninth. They would fly me wherever they were. I would hang out, drink and party with them for three or four days while I hooked up with Ditty's girlfriend Cassandra. This same guy went into not Safe for Work details and claimed that all it was drug fueled. In videotapeped singer Aubrey O'Day alleged she was fired from Danity Kane for not wanting to go to the freak coughs with Ditty, and throughout the trial, Ditty's pr team worked with influences on TikTok and YouTube to spin stories in the rappers favor favor their speculation they could have been an impact on the jury that was not sequestered. So just some dirty, ugly stuff, But it's fascinating if.
Speaker 5: You want to watch something a little more uplifting in Corny's. So many fun things are coming out right now on Amazon Prime. There's a new movie with Michelle Pfeiffer called Oh what fun It's She's the head of a dysfunctional family with just one wish for the season, be nominated for Holiday Mom of the Year. So there's that one. This one sounds great to me. My Secret Santa is on Netflix. It's a single mother disguised in herself as a man so she can get a job as Santa at a ski resort. I love that. And then if you like Meghan Marko, also streaming on Netflix is the special Love Megan Holiday Celebration, and Bailey.
Speaker 2: Watched Joys Bruh.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I watched a Very Jonas cre Smith's Yesterday and Disney Plus and I honestly.
Speaker 2: Really liked it. I thought it was really cute.
Speaker 6: And then afterwards, like during the credits, they were like, would you like to watch a Very Jonas Christmas like fireside escape kind of thing that you you know, you put on the background to make it look like it's a fireplace, and that's cute. It just plays Little Jonas Brothers music and they occasionally wander on.
Speaker 2: It's very sweet.
Speaker 6: Lizzo thinks that everyone should get canceled at least once. She says it builds characters in character, and she should know because she's been canceled a handful of times. She wrote an essay about it and said that quote, all those years of being a good person doesn't matter to the internet. The Internet doesn't care about what really happened to someone. It only cares about believing the hype. So I guess I'm kind of interested in reading this essay that she wrote about being canceled.
Speaker 7: This is like a great way to spin like being canceled, as say, like because she was so upset and down and now trying to put music out. I don't think people have really cared about Lizzo's music since she got canceled. But now it's like, here's what I can do, Yeah, use it to my advantage.
Speaker 2: At least make it a part of my brand.
Speaker 5: I don't think she's put out anything good.
Speaker 2: It's more of this. It's also true.
Speaker 7: That's also true, Jenny Dave Koyer from Full House. If you remember a couple of months ago he annous he had non hodgkin nymphoma, and now he is back talking about how he has another form of cancer.
Speaker 2: Dave number three, please.
Speaker 3: I was shocked.
Speaker 8: I went in for a pet scan just a routine check up to see how am I progressing, how am I healing up? And the pet scan revealed something in my throat right at the base of my tongue. Turned out it was P sixteen squamous carcinoma, totally unrelated, and it was like, really, it's.
Speaker 7: So scary, especially as he went in for a wellness check up on the first one.
Speaker 2: So here he is talking about early signs of detection.
Speaker 8: Early detection is everything. It is now saved my life twice. So talk to your doctors, get those colonoscopies, get those breast exams, get those prostate exams. So that's really first and foremost. You kind of have to stay ahead of it. Had I not gotten this routine checkup, I'd be in a world hurt right now.
Speaker 1: Bought it early, Well, that's great news for him to like, oh man, yeah, god, okay, move on to something more pleasant. Kansas City Chiefs president reveals how the team deals with Taylor Swift.
Speaker 9: Early on in this was and I told Travis's like, look, we're going to treat you in a relationship with the same respect that we treat any other player in coaches relationship. It's a relationship, like, we're not going to monetize it. We're not going to go out there and go crazy.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Taylor Swift, there's a book that I heard about this morning. Every morning I say, Alexa, read me the news, and she'll I'll show you what she does. Is what Alexa does. And we don't play AI anything on here, but this is what Alexis says, Alexa read me the news.
Speaker 2: Oh hi, David, good morning. It's Wednesday, December third, at eight fifty two am.
Speaker 3: In Today's Top stories.
Speaker 1: So anyway, that's really all we should play. Alexi stop one thing that stop? So do they read stories from like different sources? And when was a book called Blank Space? And it's really interesting about how pop culture today cannot seem to read and to invent its own lane. So we're going back to nineteen seventies, like you know, music beats, We're going back to nineteen eighties electronic beats whatever, because we have not and then we care more about celebrities business dealings as we care about their music. Like we look at Taylor Swift and we're all like, oh my god, she's made forty k jillion dollars from the aras to her whatever, and it's like, we didn't used to care about that. So it's called blank space. I'm going to read it. I ordered it off Amazar. It's and I will read it and I will give you a full review here.
Speaker 7: Part of the reason it's hard for pop to find its own lane is because it's so easy to want to make music, but also for it to become popping because TikTok and social media.
Speaker 3: It's definitely changed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's definitely changed that pop music used to form on the radio, and it still does to a large extent, but there's also TikTok and Instagram and social media. It's like, I mean, how do you think, Oh did I tell you guys what happened with Amy? But Bobby no, to go look at my Instagram story right now. It's my Instagram story right now.
Speaker 3: Amy.
Speaker 1: But Bobby I discovered her here in America and we've had her on the show several times, and we wanted to come to jingle Ball a few years ago. But the boss is like, uh, no, where from No Amsterdam and she's a kindergarten teacher. But the video is just I mean, the video is hysterical and it's bad and it's funny and it's memorable. So people were making fun of her on Instagram. And I messaged her the other day and I said, Minnesota still loves you, Amy, and she said, I.
Speaker 3: Love you too, Dave.
Speaker 2: Oh the whole story.
Speaker 1: That's the whole story. I thought, have you gotten a message from a celebrity?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean.
Speaker 3: All right. One more brought Lammers injury loss.
Speaker 2: I feel like the.
Speaker 5: Stone puts everyone kind of in the Christmas spirit. But if you haven't gotten in the spirit, here's five things and could potentially force you into it. Putting your tree up, tossing some lights on your house, or listening to some Christmas music, wrapping a few gifts, eating or drinking something festive. I made muld wine the other day and it was fantast I saw that.
Speaker 2: It looked really good.
Speaker 5: Oh it was so good. Go ice skating. I honestly, I'm not a huge fan of that because I feel like I fall.
Speaker 2: On the button I can't hurt last year hurt real bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Or you can watch your favorite Christmas movie. And one bonus one I'll add is you can get good deals at holiday station stores like the Red Bulls and they have a limited time winter edition frosted Apple Red Bulls. So it's by two get one free with that.
Speaker 2: That is so phenomenal. That's on that list.
Speaker 5: I did put all of my stuff up on Thanksgiving Day, and I am living for being in my house right now.
Speaker 2: Like I don't need to go anywhere. I don't normally go in where.
Speaker 5: Let's be honest, but I am living for just like seeing my Christmas lights and my tree, and just like I have these other flashing lights and stuff, and I have a little reindeer that has a.
Speaker 6: Bunch of Reeseis cups in it. Oh, it is actually snowing right now. I'm looking past your head again, snowing.
Speaker 2: I didn't even realize it snowed yesterday. Jans owe me a soda.
Speaker 3: Oh no.
Speaker 2: I picked up Bailey this morning, and I was like, actually I might not pick you up. These roads are a little worse than I thought. Oh, thanks for getting me. I was driving home last night.
Speaker 5: It was like ten thirty and I got home and I shoveled a little bit quick, and I was praying it was not going to be worse when I woke up, and luckily it wasn't much worse after that?
Speaker 1: Okay, good, Yeah, it is the season. You never never know what to expect. Okay, somebody just asked via text, how do I donate to Christmas Wish?
Speaker 3: Thanks for asking.
Speaker 1: We are taking donations on kadiewb dot com slash wish. It's your credit card, it's easy, it'll take you a couple of minutes to do. Please be as generous as you possibly can. We are in desperate need of money to grant more wishes, and a lot of that money comes from you and out of the goodness of your heart. So if you can help out, please do that. KDWW dot com slash wish. We will be back in a second with a Christmas Wish coming up next on kd W