Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I AM six forty.
Speaker 2: And if peace does break out, it'll be another argument for no longer the Nobel Peace Prize. It will be renamed the Trump Peace Prize, of which he will be the first recipient. By the way, on his face on the call on the coin, yeah, yeah, exactly. And now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle handle morning crew. As we now start a Taco Tuesday, October the seventh.
Speaker 3: It's not only Taco Tuesday, it's National Taco Day.
Speaker 2: Oh so it's a combination. One becomes a I wouldn't say a holiday, a registered How do they describe that because it's not a holiday, it's not a national They actually are two different kinds of days. One Congress declares it, which is why we have hundreds of days. If you look at what October seventh is not only National Taco Day, but if you look at what else it is, there are dozens and dozens National Hamburger Day, National Parvo Day, you know, National Pancreatic Cancer Day. It's just there's days and days and days. So what are the other days? By the way, do you have the list of that, by the Incidentally.
Speaker 4: All the food days are all food days. There's probably seven of them today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, I'm sure there are literally are dozens. So there's two kinds. There are the kinds that are legitimately and they have to be voted in by Congress, which of course is on the consent calendar. Someone just throws that up there and everybody says yes. Then there are days that are manufactured. I was once doing a commercial for a company and they sold a product, I think it was Will's or whatever, and it was National Will Day, right, And I said, really, National Will Day? And who came up with that one? All we did? And did Congress ever say ny about? No? No, we just sort of made it up. So those are the different ones. National Hamburger Day, which also is national. There's a National Cheeseburger Day, which is different than National Hamburger Day. Indeed, there's National Cheeseburger done Animal Style Day, double double.
Speaker 4: And where was the cheeseburger invented? Pasadena?
Speaker 2: The cheeseburger was invented Pasadena.
Speaker 4: I think so by a young kid.
Speaker 2: You're telling me that ground beef, which has been around forever. And then a piece of cheese on it. A kid invented that in Pasadena and what eight a D.
Speaker 4: No, it's actually not that that long ago. But yeah, somebody said, put it, put it, Put a slice of cheese on that bad boy, and then and then the heavens opened.
Speaker 2: And so sounds a little bit out there, you know, it's a sort of urban MYTHI.
Speaker 4: Ish, I'm the fing fork reporter. You better have some respect anyway, Morning Neil, good morning, Willie Wolf.
Speaker 3: Good morning, and then aiming morning, good morning Bill. It's also National Forgiveness and Happiness Day.
Speaker 2: Well that leaves me out.
Speaker 3: Okay, how about National Frope Day.
Speaker 2: I'm not big on Frape's? What else? Nationalrape? What?
Speaker 3: National led Light Day?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: L E D Light Day?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hoping you're going to say LSD Light No, not ls No.
Speaker 3: National Inner Beauty Day.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what that is. What is in her beauty? Explain that to me?
Speaker 3: Okay, how about this one you matter to me day?
Speaker 2: See now we're getting vomitous. I mean, really, who comes up with that? I can see Hamburger Day. I can certainly see Taco Day. I can certainly see National let us Day.
Speaker 4: Excuse me, Willie Wolf. Yes, the year was nineteen twenty four and the road was part of Route sixty six. That is entire This is urban Myth came to Pasadena trying drawing your pal in a microwave Sturban Myth was working as his dad's at his dad's restaurant in southwest corner of Colorado nineteen.
Speaker 2: Twenty four, Cheeseburger Day. All right, yeah, that's just insanity.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, Mystery.
Speaker 2: Urban Myth Gurbil in the operating room, Richard gear open, you know who created the cheese gerbil and where was it?
Speaker 4: Gets Richard?
Speaker 2: Where was it created? No, we're not going to go into that, all right, And there is the Hello Kono, Hello, and good morning. Good morning Bill and Mike Morris and little Bill, good morning. I finally got your name, Mike.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, good for you.
Speaker 2: How long have you been? How long have you been with KFI? By the way, because I have, frankly no idea who you are.
Speaker 1: Well, that's okay, I kind of know who you are, though. Unfortunately, no I'm kidding. Really unfortunately, I worked with you, as I mentioned yesterday before in the mid nineties and then was off KFI.
Speaker 4: For a while. A long while, and then.
Speaker 1: I came back to the station a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: Now, why would you do that?
Speaker 1: I wasn't my decision the radio gods, let's put it that way. I was just working on other stations in and around Lost Angelis and then came back to kf I two years ago. Oh that's wonderful. Welcome aboard. That sounds sincere.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, we have it's National BNA hole Day. It's not that is my celebration. All right, guys, let's do.
Speaker 4: Asshole gift.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's time for Handle on the News with Amy Neil and me lead story. Closing time. Airports all over the country have shut down because the lack of staffing control tower employees UH and air traffic controllers. The big one is Hollywood Bird Bank. That's the one that's being covered. A shut down Hollywood Bird Bank completely, no flights in, no flights out. And uh Hollywood b Bank, which is right around the corner from us. They said that uh oh the tower was closed was due to UH staffing. According to an audio recording.
Speaker 3: They they had no air traffic controllers there. They had somebody out of San Diego, three act. Let me get the name of that out of San Diego was handling the air traffic control. So there were some cancelations and there were some delays, but it didn't it didn't close.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm just looking at a story CNN where, uh, there was one of the pilots I was radioing air traffic control tower and according to an audio received by Live atc dot Net that CNN's reporting, the recording said the tower is closed due to staffing. Okay, towers closed, got ya? And uh, all right.
Speaker 4: From what I actually as a pilot, I just I can't.
Speaker 2: Hi towers closed. So I think they have a flight rules when there are no air traffic controllers. I've been on airplanes and landed at airports where there were no air traffic controllers, and there's a whole procedure that you have to do.
Speaker 4: So the left turn is the arm out the window.
Speaker 2: Pretty much pretty much. I mean, wow, it's just crazy. It's coming back. But this is this government shut down. We're going to talk a lot more about that because it's starting to really hit home. And then coming up at seven, I'm gonna explain exactly what is at State because it's not what you really think it is. It isn't that simple. And I'll explain that at seven twenty. Moving on doing.
Speaker 3: Whatever it takes, President Trump said he would consider invoking the Insurrection Act to send military into cities if courts block his deployment of National Guard troops. As we know, a judge on Saturday said no, you can't send troops into Portland from the Oregon National Guard, and then expanded that. When Trump tried to end around it and send California National Guard troops, the judge said, no, you can't send any troops from anywhere. So he said, so far it hasn't been necessary, but we do have an Insurrection Act for a reason. He would enacted if he had to. It's been invoked thirty times in American history, giving the president power to deploy US armed services to suppress rebellions and civil unrest.
Speaker 2: Now legitimately it was used to suppress rebellion and civil unrest, last one being nineteen ninety two, when Governor Pete Wilson asked the President to come in with federal troops because of the riots, the Rodney King riots that certainly looked like an insurrection to me, certainly looked like a riot. He is now talking about coming in because of what's happening locally in Portland, what's happening in Chicago, and he's deeming that an insurrection, a rebellion against the United States. Court's going to shut that one down too, And I guarantee you, I guarantee you that's not going to be upheld.
Speaker 4: You don't find any irony at all that Donald Trump is talking about enacting an insurrection. Nothing January sixth, nothing.
Speaker 2: No, that wasn't an insurrection. That was a peaceful demonstration. Why everybody, That's why everybody was pardoned.
Speaker 4: Still to this day, I think is one of the biggest black eyes on American history. But you know, keep in mind, we could use those words in that but.
Speaker 2: If there was, if there was, let's say there was a riot. Let me give you an example. Okay, it's maybe hyperbolic, and I don't know how far fetched it is. As we go to twenty twenty eight, let's say, and this is not Trump doing this, Let's say there is a genuine movement to extend another term to Donald Trump. And by the way, I don't doubt this may happen because there are fanatic Trump followers and now there are legitimate riots in the streets because of his that he will not be able to run whatever. Would that be an insurrection? Never, that is upholding the constitution. That's the problem. What those people did on January sixth is upheld the Constitution of the United States. There's a difference. Yeah, it's it's beyond irony. It is scary, is what it is. And we'll see if this it's going to go to the Supreme Court, if he does invoke the Insurrection Act, and we'll see. I can't I can't imagine the court allowing him just to say it's an insurrection and it doesn't matter what it is. He has the power to say this is an insurrection. Uh. The police chief in Portland said, when you talk about the quote the riots in Portland, it's one street, it's encompassed in one major city block, and that is an insurrection.
Speaker 4: Do you think he misspoke and he met intersection? Yeah? All right, all right, fight fight, fight, fight, fight, you've got tausman. Majordy Leader Hakeem Jeffries, Democrat, just yesterday was challenging Speaker Mike Johnson, Republican to a debate. He says, let's let's get this out in the open. Let's debate the government shut down. Let's do it on the floor of the Lower Chamber. And he also requested primetime, nationally televised debate. So let's talk about this government shutdown. Let's say you know, we're approaching a week. Let's let's get into it.
Speaker 2: Yep. And I'm going to get into it at seven twenty because usually this would be an easy one to answer, continuing resolution until we figure out what we're going to do with the budget, let's just keep on going the way it is, easy peasy, boy. This one has a lot more pieces and both sides are right, both sides are wrong, and a little bit of history too. I'm going to dive into at seven.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't you be interested in watching a debate between the two of them, because I'm seeing Jeffries is talking and saying one thing, Johnson is talking saying a complete opposite. They're both I mean, they're looking at the same picture and have two different takeaways from it. I would love to see them go back and forth on it and see because I don't know what's in the what is it? You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'll explain it at seven twenty. There is it is to it. But what I'd like to do is not just see them go at it in terms of a debate. I'd like to see him in a fistfight. Oh one of those I vote for Jeffries, you know, knocking a crap out of Johnson.
Speaker 4: You'd hit a guy with glasses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, especially if he was smaller than me and half a wimp, which I think Johnson is. And I get the feeling that Jeffries is. We know, I don't know the background of Hakem Jeffries and he grow up, you know, fighting in the hood or where where he came from. Did he come from a wealthy family in the middle class family. I don't know. It depends on you know, where people come from. A lot of African American You know, a lot of African Americans come from the hood. And if you look at statistically, did Mike Johnson or the Hakim Jeffreys And by the way, that is just statistics talking, So leave me alone.
Speaker 4: Just a quick question. When you get pulled over and the cop says, put your hands on the hood, do you put it on the one in the car, the one on your head? You put it on the hood up in the air.
Speaker 2: You envision a hood three feet above you, and you grab for that hood is what you do.
Speaker 4: It's okay, grand dragon, go ahead, all right, moving on.
Speaker 5: He grew up in Brooklyn. Maybe they can fight on the White House lawn for the UFC eightieth birthdays. Good idea, h Gallaene's not getting out for now. The Supreme Court has rejected an appeal from Gallaine Maxwell. She's, of course the woman survey twenty year sentence. She used to be tied closely to Jeffrey Epstein. The justices declined to take up the case.
Speaker 3: She had argued that she should have never been tried or convicted for helping to lure teenage girls in to be sexually abused by Epstein because of immunity granted to him. But she's got a twenty year prison term. She was moved to a low security prison after she was interviewed by Deputy Attorney General.
Speaker 2: Here's the question, is Trump going to pardon her? He is equivocal about that. He's asked over and over again. He goes, I don't know. I have to look at it. Now. We do know. After the conversation with the Deputy Attorney General, she was moved from a medium security prison to a prison camp. And that is almost that never happens with convicted child molesters.
Speaker 4: And they gave her some poison, a gun with one bullet, a rope.
Speaker 2: No, not quit your cell, not quite all right?
Speaker 4: Trump talking about the government shut down, he says he's open to some talks. Just kind of crack the door open, ever so slightly. He says, we have negotiations going on right now with the Democrats that could lead to very good things. But and he said this was in regard to healthcare in particular. But he said, really, we've got to open the government first.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, so he shut the door again, open and then shut, and then just a little bit of l like totally yeah, but it's shut down. It really is. He's back to the republican position. He is a Republican and we're going to talk more. Not only is a part of it about health care. It's all about health care. And again, I keep on pushing seven twenty will be the topic when I cover.
Speaker 3: This doctor or doc. The new acting director of US Centers for Disease Control and Prevent has announced changes to recommendation vaccine schedules for adults when it comes to COVID nineteen and for kids when it comes to chicken pox. For adults, it's saying the decision on whether you should get the vaccine should be based on your individual based decision making in consult and consultation with a doctor. The CDC has officially lifted its recommendation that adults under sixty five get the vaccine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all over the place. It's just crazy, you know it changes. Did anybody see us the sixty minute piece this past Sunday. There is a store all vaccinety. There is a vaccine story, and I think we should do it. There's something called vaccine Court that the government has. It's legitimately vaccine court. And these are people that have reacted to vaccines negatively and they're not suing the manufacture of the vaccine. What they're doing is going into vaccine court. It's like a no fault like workers comp no fault like the City of California. It's you go in front of administrative judge and did it happen, did it not happen? Was it at work? Was it not work? And then there is the statutory money that you get and we have to do it because it is fascinating as to how that works. Literally vaccine court. I was looking at this, I went, wow, that's impressive. That's kind of interesting. We're going to end up doing that.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, So it's price of parking when you can find it in Los Angeles is going up. Meter prices will jump by fifty cents per hour for the city's thirty five thousand paid spaces, so the new cost is expected to be in effect by the end of this month, and the Department of Transportation says the current prices range from a buck to eight point fifty per hour, depending on the location. But it was passed by the city council. Yeah, why not horrible, but I still just a pain.
Speaker 2: You know. It hasn't been raised in ten years, so it's time prices now, I didn't know this. Meter prices in general are going to go at fifty cents an hour, okay, not the end of the not the end of the world. So currently they're a dollar to eight fifty per hour. Where do you pay eight dollars and fifty cents an hour for parking on the street on a meter?
Speaker 4: No, all over the place?
Speaker 2: Oh seriously, eight fifty an hour on a parking meter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you use your credit card, your debit.
Speaker 2: Well, obviously you're using a credit card. I mean, let's say you're buying two hours. Are you going to put in sixteen dollars seventeen dollars in quarters?
Speaker 4: Well, see, that's the crazy thing, is like when you only need a small amount. Nobody has quarters anymore because everything's well over a dollar to park.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't have any quarters. I use them all at strip clubs.
Speaker 4: Jeez, they're all the dancers are ow ow, mister handelepleet ow right now, Moving.
Speaker 3: On surprise, another lawsuit against Trump and Illinois and Chicago both filed suit to block the deployment of the National Guard to Chicago. The lawsuit says it needs the temporary restraining order because deployment would cause additional unrest and mistrust of police and would harm the state's economy. Now, a judge declined to issue that temporary restraining order yesterday afternoon, and troops are on their way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they'll hear it. I mean, the court will hear it. But this is a judge, and this unusual. Usually a judge would halt this pending a determination on the facts went the other way. This is both the state and the city are suing to stop the deployment, but the deployment has amy. Just that is happening.
Speaker 4: All right. Back in twenty twenty, if you remember, the high profile position in the opinion section of the New York Times was held by Bari Weiss, and they left because of bullying. And she said that her colleagues and it was a hostile work environment and all those things. Well, she started the Free Press. It's been around for about four years, a digital news platform, and it's been purchased by Paramount. And so now she is going to be the editor in chief of CBS News, they announced yesterday, and they're going to try and scratch back, you know, at a true journalistic editorial standards.
Speaker 2: Tadah, Yeah, I mean, are you know back do you remember four years ago Barry Weiss or Bari Weiss. Of course we all remember who barr Weiss was.
Speaker 3: Who's barr Weiss?
Speaker 2: Who the hell knows?
Speaker 4: Well, she's gonna build journalistic standards, mister, Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: More officials doubling up under Trump. Social Security Administration Commissioner Frank bissig Nano will also take on the newly and just applauded me on that will take on the newly created role of Chief Executive Officer of the Internal Revenue Service. So Bisignano was the CEO of the payment's multinational FI Serve before being confirmed as the head of Social Security in May. So he's going to double up and then Treasury Secretary Scott Besant is going to stay the acting Commissioner of the IRS.
Speaker 2: Did the Trump lenitization cut funding to the IRS? I'm trying to think yes.
Speaker 3: During the doze stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, which I've always wondered why the i r S isn't so fully funded because it makes money for the government. It is the the government's collector of tax money, and you'd want to increase its ability to collect tax as opposed to decrease.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I can't remember, but it feels I think so.
Speaker 2: I think I think funding for the i r S was cut if I'm not mistaken, and I could be wrong on that. So when the when the emails come, Oh Ann is looking this up right now, and while we're waiting, Dude.
Speaker 3: I'm going to wait till answer it, because I thought that they cut the funding that was added by the last ad.
Speaker 2: Minute that could be. That could be, And I don't know the answer. And Ann is coming up with the answer right now, and she is going to tell us. Yeah, no, he has not. Okay, yeah, that was a question. All right, he has not. He has not cut the fund this went around. Huh no, not this time around.
Speaker 5: It says former President Donald Trump oversaw a period of chronic underfunding for the IRS during his presidency.
Speaker 2: Right, well, I don't know what that means. Saw a period of underfunding? Was that put in by the Biden administration? I don't think so.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, the bomb?
Speaker 2: What I did?
Speaker 4: Clever clever girl. Hey, if you remember the senior member of LA Mayor Bass, Karen Bass, her staff was just sentenced to a year of probation and fifty hours of community service. Why calling in a fake bomb threat? He told the judge it stemmed from mental health issues, And yeah, what.
Speaker 2: Else are gonna they throw that at the judge? No matter what, no matter what, it's either abused as a child or mental health issues. It's never It was stupid and rotten, and I was I decided I was going to be in an a hole.
Speaker 4: He is Brian Williams, Black Bill, do you want to maybe reference whether he grew grew up in the ghetto.
Speaker 2: And you know, I have to tell you, I'm never mind. I want to go there, and I'm sure we're gonna get emails.
Speaker 4: And it's like, it's weird you have two sets of teeth, two lips, and only one tone. Yet it still gets out it it still gets past those things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I know. So by the way, it's I'd love to know if what I said was true. Just by the way, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna repeat that because it's said I'm gonna get hassle, mainly from Neil. All right, moving on something fishy.
Speaker 3: Law enforcement are saying, uh, so far, it doesn't look like this fire was intentionally set. But a fire engulfed the home of a state judge and a former Democratic state senator in South Carolina. It happened and on Saturday, three people had to go to the hospital. Property record show the home is owned by Circuit Court judge Diane Goodstein and her husband, Arnold Goodstein, a former Democratic state senator.
Speaker 2: Did you see the video of this house on fire? Fully evolved? I mean it looked like it was in a movie.
Speaker 4: Like Gone with a wind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was really impressive, just to say the least. And they're saying it's probably not Arson. Everybody assumed it was Arson because here.
Speaker 4: Is a time it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's and also the assumption now it's Arson. Yeah, assumption is I make certain assumptions.
Speaker 4: I won't mention them, but yes, we do assume. So family members of Celesti Revas Hernandez. She's the fourteen year old girl that was found dismembered in the trunk of that impounded tesla owned by that multi platinum R and B singer David This still captures a lot of people's curiosity because there has been no direction as to what's going on with this. It was but you know, you think back she was so that she's like fourteen or fifteen or whatever is she now, but she was thirteen when she went missing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they found her because she was in that car his tesla, and she had been there for a while. Decomposing him is horrific, and I think he moved out. So he moved out. He's gone from that property and there was a lease there and I'm sure there's going to be all kinds of LEAs, all kinds of legal issues there. He has not been connected to that at at.
Speaker 3: This point, West.
Speaker 2: And it doesn't look like it.
Speaker 3: What you don't think he's connected to it somehow.
Speaker 2: I don't think they have connected him, I said. He has not yet been connected From what we're hearing.
Speaker 3: He is said to be cooperating with investigators.
Speaker 2: Okay, and do we get in rap from what I understand and his name D four VD. It's a big fan of of ven aial disease clearly in Okay, moving on.
Speaker 3: Finally, the trial is starting more than four years after the family of deceased Angels pitcher Tyler Skag filed their wrongful death lawsuit against the Angels. Jury selections getting underway. Skag's widow, Carly and his parents are seeking at least two hundred and ten million dollars in lost earnings and damages. They contend that the Angels were responsible for the death of the twenty seven year old left handed pitcher. It happened back on July first of twenty nineteen. He snorted some crushed pills that had fentanyl in them in a hotel room during a team road trip in Texas.
Speaker 2: They're asking and there's a real issue because it was who was it on the team that gave him the drugs?
Speaker 3: The communication director.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the allegation is the team knew about it, management knew that it was happening. So that's that's the problem. Obviously for the team he's asking for or they're asking for two hundred and ten million dollars in lost earnings and damages. Now you have a twenty seven year old picture and you're asking two hundred and what ten million dollars? How I'm just doing the math here. How long would the average twenty seven year old picture last in the major leagues? Maybe another four years? And I don't know what he was making. I'm sure he wasn't making forty million dollars a year, So the numbers always are huge in a pre trial hearing. Now the plaintiffs are asking for a billion dollars, but this is what lawyers do in any case. It is a horrific story. He snorted crush pills in a hotel room in Texas on during a game.
Speaker 3: He was making three point seven million a year.
Speaker 2: It certainly isn't a billion dollars in damages, But then you also have the wrongful death aspect of it. Too all right, kf I am six forty you've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch my Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app