Speaker 1: Murderer.
Speaker 2: It is twenty two degrees below zero. This is like about as cold as I remember it ever getting. I think twenty five degrees below zero on the day that solely crashed the plane or landed the plane in the in the Hudson Tom Hanks, Yeah, Tom Hanks, Yeah, I meant so. I met Tom Hanks. I screwed up and I said yeah, And I remember we were doing the show from our basement and we couldn't believe how cold it was twenty five degrees below zero that day.
Speaker 3: But on purpose or it just so happened.
Speaker 4: You were doing We're.
Speaker 2: Doing a bit called Dave's Basement, and we had webcams and we lived me Steve Intern, John Crisco, and Lino all lived in my basement for a week.
Speaker 4: So fun it was, actually it was kind of fun. Yeah, it was kind of cool.
Speaker 2: We made food, we played games, played video games, we played Guitar Hero and rock Band, and.
Speaker 4: It was it was kind of cool.
Speaker 3: That sounds so fun, But.
Speaker 2: Now it is twenty two below zero. Jenny looks like a.
Speaker 3: I'm like about set sweat.
Speaker 4: You look like a dog sledder is what you look like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, as warm as I could.
Speaker 5: I did invest in like a nice new parka because I burned mine at a heater of tailgating at Lambon.
Speaker 4: I've done that too, Yeah, yep.
Speaker 3: So I have that on.
Speaker 5: It goes almost to my ankles, and I've never loved something more in my life currently.
Speaker 3: And then I have one of those hats. You said, what is this kind of hat called Dave about a bomber hat hat?
Speaker 5: So I had that on, the gloves and scarf, the things, all of the minimal body skin exposure today, I hear.
Speaker 2: You good because it is bad out. I am Bernie the dog. He it's so cold out. He would go outside and he would want to come in right away, so he would pee, but he wouldn't poop, so he would stand there lifting one paw up after another, like I'm cold, dad. So I let him in, and then I thought for him to go outside to go up number two, I had to put his little booties on him and a jacket on him. Now he was okay. So he went back in the backyard, got the zoomies going back and forth, and then finally he pooped this morning, got up, put the booties. It probably takes close to three or four minutes, put the booties on him. He's very cooperative. Yeah, and the little jacket put him outside. He was out for thirty seconds, Pete, and it was like right back in and he's.
Speaker 3: Like, no, get him done, I'm done.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I had to start my car in the middle of the night. So I got home yesterday around seven, and before I went to bed, around ten, I went out, started it, sat in it for like ten minutes, came in, set my alarm for two am so I could wake up.
Speaker 3: Go my gosh, start it. You were dedicated.
Speaker 6: I was just like so nervous that it was not gonna start, and so I wanted to stop that from happening.
Speaker 4: I gotcha.
Speaker 2: So you started it and then would let it run for a while and then go back inside.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So at two am, I was just sitting in my car.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 4: Just to keep it warm, make sure.
Speaker 6: And this morning when I went out to you know, drive it here, it went like rugg g got got.
Speaker 3: Got got, Yeah, thank gosh.
Speaker 2: I started it and hopefully hopefully your cars will start. This morning, on the way into work.
Speaker 5: I saw someone jump in their car on the side of the road. I was like, I'm so sorry, you're dealing with that. I couldn't get into my garage this morning either because I the big garage door worked, but I have a code to get into the door like where I enter normally, and that was frozen shut. So I went up to my campra van that I luckily have an extra garage door opener. So I went in there, got in there, opened the garage that way, had to load my stuff in through like the big door, and said, because I had.
Speaker 3: To bring some stuff along this morning, it was a process.
Speaker 4: Here, it is a process. Well, but you're up, glad you're here.
Speaker 2: A lot of schools are closed today, so they just said, we don't want kids risking it. We don't want kids bus stops or anything like that walking in.
Speaker 4: So but we are here, vontre you here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm freezing my hoots. I'm chilling. I don't like a regular outfit this morning. And then I was like, no, screw this, I'm putting on sweats and staying warmseline pants.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, it's too it's too cold to try to look nice. You know, I have slippers right now.
Speaker 4: I'm chilling. No good, whatever, whatever works for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna tell you just what I discovered last night that was a glorious discovery for me. Thailand ALLPM.
Speaker 4: Wow, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I've never taken anything in my life to help me sleep ever, but I have these problems with my shoulders. I get an MRI and I can't sleep on one side for more than maybe like thirty minutes. Then it gets sore and I have to roll over constantly during the night. And so I stopped by the CVS and I had a coupon and I got some tailand all PM, and I popped a couple of these before bed, and it was like, oh man, it was great, And I don't think I woke up all night.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, do you wake up feeling refreshed after that too?
Speaker 3: Like you had the best sleep your life.
Speaker 2: A little bit, there's a little bit of some kind of a hangover. Maybe it's in my mind a little bit like the tailand all PM is still doing its thing, chugging away in my bloodstream. But I don't really it's not really a hangover. It's just kind of like I'm not quite all the way mentally here.
Speaker 3: You've come over there, whack you will you?
Speaker 4: Which you?
Speaker 2: Maybe you might I might have to do that, all right anyway, Glad you're here, Stay warm, keep your radio on, Snuggle up with KTWB, either on the radio, on the car radio or on the iHeartRadio app, and.
Speaker 4: We'll be back.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty six is the Year of the hobby. Not officially, I think it's the Year of the horse or the dog or something like that.
Speaker 3: Start till February, but yes, the Year of the horse.
Speaker 2: Hobbies are making a big comeback in twenty twenty six, with reading leading the way. A new survey found that reading tops a list of things that we want to pick up this year, with nearly one in three of us hoping to read a book every week or month.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's part of a bigger trust shift toward calming creative pastimes like writing, sewing, drawing that help people unplug from screens and unwind. Gen Z, which is just between no gen okay. Gen Z is the young vaunts age Ye, yeah, right right, old especially into mindful hands on hobbies, and millennials are rediscovering stuff your mom used to do or your dad used to do, like chess, knitting, in board games. Here are the some of the top hobbies people plan to take up this year, and these sounds so great. It's like, man, but I gotta check Instagram. I can't do a hobby. But here we go, reading, learning a new language, cooking or baking. I love to cook, Bay Lead's not your thing. I'm gonna do a slow cooker Sunday, maybe some sort of a rib thing in the crockpot this weekend.
Speaker 4: Gardening.
Speaker 3: I love gardening.
Speaker 2: I do see you do you do yoga? Drawing, board games, jigsaw puzzles, crocheting, crosswords, chess, card games.
Speaker 3: I want to get good at card games.
Speaker 4: What do you want to learn to play?
Speaker 3: I don't know, like anything.
Speaker 6: I always go to like breweries, and I always see like even young people whatever, just sitting at a table just playing cards.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, that's so cute about chess. What I've thought that about chess?
Speaker 3: Like I feel like chess is some if one that's a skill I think.
Speaker 1: But also if you play about yourself as much as people might make fun of you, it's such a mind thing, Like it really stimulates your brain.
Speaker 2: Oh, no question. I played chess a lot. I played chess from the time I was like five years old. Really yeah, I mean I used to have one of those chess machines where you would play against the computer, and I played it all the time. I was getting so good and then I just kind of like got away from it. Yeah, and I haven't played in a long time. But it is so good. But it's a slow, not a social game. Yeah, you do not chatter during chess. You can, but you're so busy thinking.
Speaker 3: I know how to play, I just don't know how to strategize. And that's like half of it.
Speaker 2: That is, yeah, very much half of it. Running is another win in hiking. So those are some things that you might want to think about taking up. Buy the game car card games for Dummies. Learn how to play Peanuckle. I've tried several times to learn how to play pin Nuckle because I've heard it's a really great fun game that's a little bit better than like, you know, Old.
Speaker 4: Maid, Yeah yeah, or slap Jack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're playing slap Jacket, you love it, And that's a great kids game. There's a game called three thirteen, which look it up. It's fun to play. It takes maybe twenty minutes to sit there at a bar and play a game of three thirteen, and it's really do you know have to play three thirteen?
Speaker 4: No, look it up, It's super easy.
Speaker 6: I also like cribbage. When I play cribbage, they're so fun. Yeah, but then it goes so long between me ever playing cribbage that I forget how to play same to relearn, yeah, redo it every single time. And so I really want to like learn how to play cribbage and actually play cribbage often.
Speaker 2: Privage is such a great game because a game you can be very social. You don't have to think that hard. The cards do most of the work for you. You do have to, you know, strategize a little bit, but it's challenging enough that it's fun, but not so challenging that you got to concentrate on the rules rightly, not like right exactly. All right, there's some ideas for you. Do you want to do the sing along song of the day. Yeah, let's do a sing along song of the day. What song do you want to sing along with this morning? Send me a text at KDWB one five three nine two one and we'll do the sing along song for you. What do you want to Basically we do this every morning around this time. We're a little bit late today, but singing along kind of boosts your mood and kind of gets that blood flowing and gets those endorphins flowing through your body to make you happier. Send me a text of what you would love to sing along with. Maybe it's a song from high school, maybe it's a song from a couple of years ago. Whatever it is, we usually do something a little bit of a throwback. Ye do that. We'll do the dirt in the meantime and play it right after Dave.
Speaker 3: Who let's see what TV show or movie they're getting ready to reboot.
Speaker 4: Now it's Dave's Dirt on KDWB.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if it's a reboot. But Ashton Kutcher dominates the world of music today. I know there's new Harry Styles out, I know Louis got a song out blah blah blah. But Ashton Kutcher wants to write his own country album.
Speaker 7: What I decided to I'm going to write a country music album. But I'm not a very good singer, but I'm gonna do it anyway, just because I want to write an album, like I don't care if anybody listens to it, and they probably won't, and I'm okay with that, But I just always wanted to write a country music album, so I'm obsessed with getting that done.
Speaker 4: How did this make the dirt? How did this make the cut? You know what I mean? It's like, okay it some stories are worth it and some story that story was not worth it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think this one's worth it.
Speaker 5: The Heated Rivalry stars are going to be carrying the Olympic torch. I'll bailly watch this show. I have not you would, let I know, I just don't have HBO. That's why I haven't. But Heated Rivalry is a hockey show, but it's about like multiple guys that hook up, but let too that kind of fall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a gay love story.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: So basically, these two men, Hudson Williams and Connor story, they were waiting tables a year ago and now they're going to be carrying the Olympic torch in exactly two weeks February sixth, the Winter Olympics begin going to be in Italy.
Speaker 3: If you didn't know, and it just so happens on HBO.
Speaker 5: Max is relatively new to many European nations, and Heated Rivalry debuts next month.
Speaker 3: In Italy. So I think a lot of people would be like, who are these guys? But yeah, go them, that's all right, I'm excited for them. That's exciting.
Speaker 6: Okay. So we've been talking about Harry Styles releasing new music today. We will be playing it later on this morning, in like ten minutes, so we're gonna wait for that. But what I thought was also kind of funny is that other former One Direction member Louis Tomlinson, also released overnight an album called how Did I Get Here? And we have a clip of his song called impostor This Stranger, which is it's kind of I don't mind it. I just think it's funny that he's releasing it on the same like within the ten hours.
Speaker 2: Right, And there was so much hype about the Louis the Harry song, yeah, and really no hype until just now that we even knew Louis had a.
Speaker 6: Song out right, and he was on Jimmy Fallon and I watched like a clip and Louie Thomlinson looks old. I don't know, does he smoke cigarettes or just go outside without any SPF?
Speaker 3: Because dude's younger than he looks old.
Speaker 4: Really well, speaking of Jimmy Fallon.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on in the writer's room, but for the past four months, or not four months, for the past couple of months, somebody has clocked that he has made the same exack joke four different times.
Speaker 4: Here it is.
Speaker 8: It was so cold in New York City this morning, walking to work, I saw Wall Street stockbrokers spooning with Zorn Mamdannie.
Speaker 4: It's time number one. It is so cold in New York.
Speaker 8: I saw Wall Street stockbrokers spooning with Zorn Mamdani, and.
Speaker 4: I go, wait, that great cold? It is cold today. It is very cold. Yeah, you're right, it's so cold.
Speaker 8: Walking to work, I saw Wall Street stockbrokers spooning with Zorn Mamdani.
Speaker 6: Are you.
Speaker 4: Heard this before?
Speaker 3: That's cold.
Speaker 4: It's freezing out there.
Speaker 8: This morning on my way to work, I saw a Wall Street stockbroker spooning with Zorn mom done what?
Speaker 1: I don't know. First of all, the fact that somebody pointed that out is great analyzation, But like, what's happening in the writer's room.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe it's like how Dave just likes to run jokes into the ground.
Speaker 4: I do not remind me, no, does.
Speaker 2: It remind you, It reminds me of back when I played for the Gophers. Yeah, ninety four, part of ninety five.
Speaker 3: You were on the football team.
Speaker 4: I was on the football team. Yeah.
Speaker 3: What what position did you play?
Speaker 2: There's a drawback? Yeah, and then the next season I was left out. Oh, shut up, shut up. Here comes your sing along song of the day on kdwv Oh, you got to sing along with this one. Boost your mood with the sing along song of the day on kd WB where the B stands for you're singing a long song of the day on kd W bur I stole that joke from Vonn yesterday KDW.
Speaker 3: Wow, Dave, you're hilarious.
Speaker 4: God, I steal one joke in my entire life.
Speaker 3: You know, I wish bront was as funny as you. What I wisht was as funny as you?
Speaker 2: Yet if I said it louder, yeah, I'll get credit for it. Yeah, I'll take it.
Speaker 6: You know. My favorite thing was when when I say something nice about you and you don't get it.
Speaker 3: You're always like, huh, what are you talking about.
Speaker 4: I'm so not used to it.
Speaker 2: I'm so used to getting diminished as a human every minute of my life to read it to the lines, and it really is a compliment. I appreciate it, all right. We'll come back in a second. On KDWB got brand new Harry Styles.
Speaker 4: Want you to hear this.
Speaker 2: Let me know what you think of that one. We've got Vaughn's Feel Good Friday no Phone screen or Friday Conan Gray tickets and more.
Speaker 4: Stay here and stay warm.