Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 5: It's not fair.
Speaker 6: Are making plans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a singular focus on.
Speaker 6: Controlling what they can control.
Speaker 7: Now your pregame host of the World Champion La Todgers, Tam.
Speaker 3: Kats Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck on this Tuesday afternoon, June the ninth, as you're back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers are on the road in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, as they take on the Pirates. Dodgers forty two and twenty four on the season in the first place top the NL West, seven and a half games up on the Diamondbacks and the Padres in the division. After taking two or three over the weekend in the Freeway series against the Angels, the Dodgers now head east. First stop Pittsburgh, Eric Lower on the mound, first pitching p and C Park is coming up at three forty between that and now we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from Image and who had a rough outing on Sunday at the Ravine. We'll check in with Kirsten Watson. Of course, we got your magical moment. Charlie Steiner stops by. We'll preview this pitching matchup David vat Sego's one on one with his weekly chat with the manager Dave Roberts. That's coming up in just a little bit, and we'll head out, of course to the Galloping Ford Broadcast booth with Tim Nevert and Rick Monday. Well, the Dodgers won on Friday against the Angels to make it four straight this season.
Speaker 5: Then they won on Saturday.
Speaker 3: They were a five zero series lead against the Angels with a chance to sweep the season series. On Sunday, Emmett she and got the ball and immediately ran into trouble as he lasted an inning in a third, giving up two runs on three hits while walking to the Angels jumped out to a two to nothing lead. Dodgers cut that in half in the bottom of the third. On Kyle Talker RBI Ground out that made it a two to one Halos lead. But then the Angels really pulled away. In the fourth Rivero a two run single made it four to one. Then the Angels tacked on more with two in the top half of the fifth inning.
Speaker 5: Dodgers down six to one.
Speaker 3: As they go to the bottom half of the sixth inning, when they finally cut into the offensive groove, Dalton rushing with a big blast.
Speaker 5: To make it a six to four game.
Speaker 4: The pitch rushing hangs back, lifts it in the ore to right field. The Dell is on the warning track.
Speaker 5: He's at the wall. Pits gone. Tolten rushing with a.
Speaker 4: Three run homer is a home run of the season, makes it six to four.
Speaker 6: And things just got interesting.
Speaker 5: Yes they did.
Speaker 3: Is a six to four Angels lead. Then Ward with a solo home run to right center field.
Speaker 5: That made it a one run game.
Speaker 3: On Ward's second home run of the season, Dodgers found themselves down six to five, right back in it. It was a bullpen gave the rest of the way. However, in the seventh the Angels erupted and Joe Adell got it started.
Speaker 4: So the kids are just gonna get a kick out of it. That's the major point. First pitch to Joe Adell, launched the left and halfway up to pavilion. Joe Adell, the number six hitter, with a two run bomb off Jonathan Hernandez and the Angels get some breathing room right back.
Speaker 5: It's now eight to five.
Speaker 6: This was not a squeaker out of the ballpark.
Speaker 5: Jo Adell.
Speaker 3: The two run home run made it a three run deficit. Had just got worse Sebastian Rivero. Then an RBI single made it a nine to five Angels lead. Then Zach Netto with a three run home run to make it a twelve to five Angels lead.
Speaker 5: That Halo scored six.
Speaker 3: Runs in the top half of the seventh and they go on and win it big, thirteen to five. Rivero, the backup catcher for the Angels, goes five for five with six hits in the game. Meanwhile, the Dodgers we ended up losing the game despite five runs on eleven hits and a couple of home runs from Ward and rushing. Dodgers dropped the finale of the three game set, but they still win the series, taking two of three at the Ravine. After a day off yesterday, Dodgers back at it at forty two and twenty four, first place atop the division, and now they head to Pittsburgh for a three game series against the Pirates.
Speaker 5: Eric Lower and Paul Schemes.
Speaker 3: The pitching matchup in the series opener, first pitch at three forty With more we head out to the galloping Ford broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys, Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Tim.
Speaker 2: A little bit overcast and humid here in Pittsburgh at PNC Park on a good night for baseball is the Dodgers take on the Pittsburgh Pirates for the first time this year. Left hander Eric Lower will make his third start with the Dodgers. Dodgers have won each of his first two starts. Overall between the Dodgers in Toronto, Lower's numbers two and five and a five to seven four earn run average. Paul Skins the right hander they're rainning Cy Young winner in the National League six and five with a two eighty three earn run average. His last four starts have not been very good. He's zero in three with an ERA of almost five, and he is looking to get off the Schneid here tonight, but the Dodgers are hoping to give him another loss in the first game of this three game set. And mo a day off yesterday for the Dodgers important they get the rest as they get set for this road trip game one tonight in Pittsburgh and then they'll be in Chicago against the White Sox over the weekend.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the Dodgers have been a very good team on the road. They're twenty and twelve, and if we look at their recent record, I mean he's looked back to the thirteenth of May. They've won eighteen to the last twenty four games, and in that period of time, they have scored one hundred and thirty seven runs. Now, what's significant about that. Only one team, that being Milwaukee Brewers, has scored more runs in that time. But if we talk about runs and we talk about teams that don't take them for granted, I think the Pittsburgh Pirates are that team. Oh, they're in third place in the Central Division of the National League. But tim when you look at the numbers, they're fifth in hitting, their fourth in runs. They would like to improve. In team Era, they're in the middle of the pack right there. But I'll say this, if you let them get on base, they're going to steal bases. They've already stolen sixty five bases.
Speaker 2: They've pirate at sixty five holes as if you will. And when you look at this team in the recent history with the Dodgers, they give the Dodgers fits. Pittsburgh plays the Dodgers tough. They've won a lot of games in the last couple of years against.
Speaker 8: La Yeah, the Pirates quite frankly, one of the things that they've improved upon they do not beat themselves as we saw there for a number of years.
Speaker 6: And the other part too, is they know full.
Speaker 8: Well you've got back to back world champions coming into town. They will elevate the competitive juices. There's no ifens and butts about it. There's going to be a bigger crowd because the Dodgers are in town as well. The Dodgers need to take care of business. They start seven and a half games in front of both Arizona and San Diego in the Western Division, and the Dodgers the only team in the West now that has a winning record in the last ten games they played.
Speaker 2: And the story of this afternoon Center is around catching. Will Smith not in the lineup. Dalton Rushing is again and he's batting eight and not sure if Smith is going to play at all in this series, still with a neck issue. The Dodgers haven't ruled out an il stint, but he is still active as of right now.
Speaker 8: Well, you know these are my words, not anybody with the Dodgers. This is becoming more and more of a concern, at least the way I look at it. If you're not planning on maybe even starting in this series, are you going to take a chance in running short?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 8: What happens and we keep your fingers crossed it does not happen. But for Dalton Rushing, he's doing the catching tonight. He will bat eighth. He's been hot as far as overall average and the home runs. But if he gets nicked up, who's the backup guy? If Will Smith either cannot answer the bell or you don't want him back there very long at all, the Dodgers have some tough decisions and we hope that that Will Smith feels better in a hurry.
Speaker 2: Now Dodgers hope that's not an issue this series. But again Rushing, he's getting the start once again here tonight, Paul Skeen's Eric Lower that's the pitching matchup game one of the three game set here in Pittsburg.
Speaker 5: Jim, all right, thank you guys.
Speaker 3: As we counting down to first pitch, Dodger fans get that game day meal and Shaky's Pizza Parlor or your Shaky's Pizza chackin the Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Neck. You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. You're gonna hear from imag Shean coming up in just a little bit. David Vassia of course checks in throughout the hour. We'll dive deeper this pitching. Matt Charlie Steiner will stop pining about twenty minutes. Your Tawny Rewind coming up, and curios to Watson from Sports at LA. A lot to get to as we lead you up to Dodgers and Pirates on this Tuesday first pitch at three point forty. I'm Tim Kats's the back to back world champion Dodgers audio an hour.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game.
Speaker 1: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Pirates on this Tuesday afternoon. Eric Lower and Paul Schemes the pitching matchup. First pitch from P and C Park, coming up at three forty.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewhy.
Speaker 4: On one two. Otani will half swing roller diving stop at third but Oltani's gonna hustle out an indfield hit. Excellent effort at third base by magical to get there diving toward the.
Speaker 6: Line, but old Tani has his second hit of the day.
Speaker 5: Show Hey.
Speaker 3: Otani goes two for five with the run scored on Sunday, now hitting three to oh two on the season, four seventeen on base percentage. However, the Dodgers lost big to the Angels on Sunday at the Ravine, thirteen to five.
Speaker 7: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 3: Hey Kirson now joins us from Pittsburg before the Dodgers and brought to you by Cars Cars for Kids, Dot Org. All right, Currison, another day and another game with know Will Smith.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is now three in a row.
Speaker 9: And then of course there was the off day yesterday. So for Will Smith, we know that the other day when he was scratched. He was dealing with some next stiffness, and Dave Roberts had said he thought it had maybe come from just how he slept, because it's still bothering him. They are now deciding if they want to have some imaging. There is the possibility that he could be placed on the IL and it would be backdated.
Speaker 1: He was able to.
Speaker 9: Take some swings as well as play catch this afternoon, but Dave shared with us that just something still doesn't feel right for will Smith. So you know, Dave said, for them to put him back in the lineup, they want him to have one full day in which he feels good. And so, because they're not there just yet, the earliest we likely will see him if they don't decide to put him on the IL, would then be in Game three of this series on Thursday. So then they could give him tomorrow to see how he feels, give him that full day to decide if he's ready to get back there.
Speaker 5: Dalt Russians then a nice job in his absence.
Speaker 3: But today, collectively, Kirston the Dodgers got a tough hole here against Paul Schemes.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know what Paul is, He's a one of a kind talent for so many reasons, and even how I love what Dave Roberts was saying about him this afternoon, because obviously with him being having been a National League All Star and due to the success of the Dodgers and winning the World Series, that means the Dodgers coaching staff has been Dave Roberts has been the manager for the National League and the All Star Game, and so he's gotten the chance, obviously not too much, but he's gotten the chance to spend time with Paul's kens from that managerial experience of the All Star Game, and he said that what he's learned from him it's not only is the stuff. It's high octane, it's you know, he's lights out. He has such a massive stature on the mound. But he's also the ultimate competitor. And so when you're facing a guy like that, obviously you don't want to match his energy in the sense one, it is a control that he has, but like you don't want to match because you don't want to.
Speaker 5: Get out of yourself. But also you're gonna have to.
Speaker 9: Find ways to take advantage of the mistake if there are mistakes. So looking at this series. It is going to be, I should say, looking at this matchup tonight, is going to be a very tall task for the Dodgers offense. We've seen how the group is. You know, they're taking quality at bats, but there have been games where it's their lights out, and then there have been other games where it's either one inning they get going, maybe two innings, and then it can be a little bit quiet. So the hope is to find ways to build innings, but everyone has made it clear that that is going to be a challenging thing to do, especially in this one tonight.
Speaker 5: No doubt about it.
Speaker 3: Dodgers are up for the TASKO, Kirsten. We appreciate it. We'll check out with you after the game. Still they come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts as David Vassego goes one on one with the Dodger skipper. But I'm next an injury report, and we'll hear from Emma Sheean, who had a rough Sunday out at the Ravine.
Speaker 5: As we lead you up to.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Pirates on this Tuesday, first pitch and Pitchberg at three forty. I'm Tim Katz's is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio No.
Speaker 7: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers.
Speaker 1: On your home for the blue All season Law.
Speaker 3: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on.
Speaker 5: This Tuesday afternoons.
Speaker 3: We lead you up to first pitch from Pittsburgh Dodgers and Pirates Marongo Casino Resort and spat a Grand Slam for good times. Eric Lower and Paul Schemes the pitching matchup in the series opener first pitch set for three forty.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 3: Report, present of by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers Taskar Hernandez on the ILK, Hernandez on the IL, Tyler Glass now on the IL, Blake Snell on the IL. But as we saw over the weekend for our own David Vese, he is throwing off a flat ground, so that is good news. Brock Stewart is throwing sim games even with the bone spur in his left foot. Edwin Diaz is doing baseball activities coming back from the bodies out of his elbow. Tommy Edmund on the sixty DAYIL he continues his rehab assignment down in the minor league. Well, a rough day for the Dodgers on losing the finale to the Angels thirteen to five. Jose Sorriano went six inning is to get the win image she and couldn't get out of the second he gets tagged with the loss. He falls to three and three and afterwards spoke about it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, just frustrating, definitely, you know, couldn't put guys away, not efficient and just yet not good all right.
Speaker 9: When you look at did you find that that was stuff on your end? Was it something you were feeling? Just what do you think led to it?
Speaker 10: Probably more execution and stuff. Felt felt pretty good early, but yeah, just executing, especially with two strikes, just.
Speaker 6: Not very good.
Speaker 9: How frustrating was this one? Just considering you have been really trending in the right direction, even your last one, you felt like you, you know, we're back to where you want to be. So how how frustrating was this one for you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Very frustrating, but yeah, just back to work.
Speaker 11: Did you pick your Syria?
Speaker 1: I bet?
Speaker 5: And did you start thing the all kind of.
Speaker 11: The Syria?
Speaker 1: Bat?
Speaker 11: Did you think he got out of that one just obviously dult things that.
Speaker 6: I couldn't tell.
Speaker 10: Honestly, I couldn't see from that far away how much I.
Speaker 5: Thought pot one kind of wear on you as a pitcher.
Speaker 10: Yeah, obviously you know I got the pitch count up. You great up that by him.
Speaker 7: Justice Team Nick as he is following off so many pitches and staying alive for I'm trying to get him.
Speaker 10: Out of the boxes as quick as I possibly can make him put the ball in play, which, yeah, he thought off a lot of pitches, and I really get I.
Speaker 3: Bet all right, there's image She and obviously frustrated with his outing, not going more than an inning and a third, giving him two runs on three hits and walking to as well through forty nine pitches and only got four outs and a thirteen to five loss for the Dodgers. On Sunday, when we continue here on Maranggo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with the David VA say we lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Pirates. I'm Tim Katz's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: As we were saying, yes, it's Marongo casinot Tach on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Pitchburg is.
Speaker 3: They started a three game series with the BYRNS Eric lawer Paul Skimes, a pitching matchup Schemes has been struggling his last three starts or on that coming up, we dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Todgers Baseball is brought to by Alpotel, born in La and made for your game day. El Potel brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, salceas and hot sauces right to your table.
Speaker 5: El Poto Gourmet and a.
Speaker 7: Can joining Tim Kats on Dodgers ontach.
Speaker 11: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 3: All right, DV Freddie Freeman closing in on a career milestone.
Speaker 11: Yeah, only two hits away.
Speaker 12: Tim from career number twenty five hundred in his career and there's only been a handful of players since two thousand to achieve twenty five hundred hits in their career. The fastest to do in the last twenty five years is Ichiro Suzuki, who reached twenty five hundred hits in eighteen one. Hundred and seventeen games. This will be Freddy Freeman's two thousand, two hundred and forty third career game. And let's not forget Freddy could have got to the s milestone a lot sooner if it wasn't for the twenty twenty pandemic season. Obviously, only sixty games. In sixty games that year, Freddy Freeman had seventy three hits, So around that time of his career, he was getting two hundred hits every season, so at least one hundred hits shy in that season that was only sixty games where he won the National League MVP. But yes, he needs two hits tonight to have twenty five hundred hits, which is certainly something special.
Speaker 3: Maybe he gets it done tonight, that'd be pretty cool. David's brought to you by Ford. Here for those who build America, especially those who believe in given everything today, we'll pay off tomorrow those who will drive America forward for two hundred fifty years to come. Right now, Ford is offering employee pricing to everyone. Go to your southern California Ford dealer today or visit by for now dot com. Chris Taylor calling in a career David, and he had a chance to catch up with him.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he was our guest on Off Day Dodger Talk last night. Tim, and he finished his career playing for the Angels Triple A team in Salt Lake City, and he clarified the so called confusion about whether or not he retired, unretired, and then retired again.
Speaker 13: The way it all went down was kind of strange. I didn't I wasn't anticipating making it public, and then it ended up getting leaked, I guess, and then and then people thought I was unretiring and it was like kind of embarrassing. So then I was like, okay, now I have to say something. But no, it was all fine. It was It was cool after I'm made the post or after it came out, seeing all the support. I got a lot of very nice texts, and yeah, it's cool to to see all the love, especially from Dodgers fans. Obviously playing almost ten years with them and you know, still I still think they're the best fans in baseball. And yeah, it's it always feels good to know that you were appreciated.
Speaker 12: So no confusion on Chris Taylor's and Tim he was retiring after getting hit by a pitch and fracturing his left forearm. To hear the full conversation with Chris Taylor some official closure closure to his career, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: All right, David.
Speaker 3: The pitching matchup today has Eric Lauer making his third start as a Dodger against Paul Schemes. Schemes has been struggling as of late, but he's still Paul ski.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he's winless in his last four starts. And I ran into one of the guys that he works with and he said, yes, Skeens needs a win tonight, and here's something to try to get the karma going in his way. Last night, Paul Skeenes was driving by a local Pittsburgh parking reck where they were having little leaguers practice, and he parked in the parking lot, called one of his managers and said, Hey, do you think it's okay if I go out and play catch with these kids?
Speaker 11: And the guy responded and said, yeah, of course. He goes out plays catch with these.
Speaker 12: Little leaguers that are practicing for two hours in some parking wreck at Pittsburgh. Signs autographs, takes a photo and it goes viral, so he's trying to get some good karma going his way facing the back to back champs.
Speaker 3: Well, hopefully that karma doesn't start until after tonight's start against the Dodger's great Stuff. Dave will check back in with you in just a little bit. Dam's gonna go one on one with Dodger manager Dave Roberts and his weekly conversation the Dodgers Skipper coming up in about fifteen minutes, so you're not going to miss that. Coming up next though, we'll get you your Dodgers magical moment. It's the Dodgers and the Pirates first pitch of three p forty from Pittsburgh. I'm Tim Kates' is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Nework.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers Empires, Eric Lauer and Paul Skeen's the pitching matchup from Pittsburgh. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Disney and Pixar's Toy Story five. Don't miss the family movie event of the summer. Woodie Buzz Jesse and the rest of your favorite toys are back and they're facing off against Bonnie's brand new device.
Speaker 5: Lily Tad, not the tablet, No, what about the toys.
Speaker 3: The battle is on Disney and Pixar's Toy Story five only in.
Speaker 5: Theaters June nineteenth. Tickets available now.
Speaker 11: Without a Hot Dog who went a hot cut?
Speaker 1: It's time for the hawfing.
Speaker 7: Magical Moment Pitch Magical presented by Happy hot Dogs.
Speaker 3: Oh the Dodgers at PNC Park in Pittsburgh. We go back to twenty seventeen, August twenty third, to be exact, a night in which rich Hill was unhittable.
Speaker 8: Marte trying to end it and instaground ball to Hopper in between. Hot picked up by Siegert, throws the first and we are headed for extra innings. Rich Hill has not allowed a hit through nine innings.
Speaker 3: Rich Hill with a no hitter through nine innings. However, the game was scoreless and it went to the tenth. Dodgers did not score the top of the inning. In the bottom of the tenth inning, Josh Harrison a walk off home run as the Dodgers, losing ten innings. Back in twenty seventeen, wanted nothing. This Hofey brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs. Hoffee Socow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hofey hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with Charlie Steiner, so he leads up to first pitch from Pittsburgh Dodgers and Pirates. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers.
Speaker 1: On Tap on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 3: HiT's the Dodgers and Pirates on this Tuesday afternoon, the start of a three game series from Pittsburgh. Eric Lower, the left hander, goes for the Dodgers. Paul Skeen's big right hander out Oltro. We'll go for the Pirates. Time now for the Verizon startup, as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your So Cal Verizon store today. We say hello to Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 14: All right, Tim, the road trip is underwey the first of a three game series with the Pirates, and then it's onto the South side of Chicago this weekend with the White Sox. The Dodgers begin tonight at forty two and twenty four first place in the National League West, seven and a half in front of Arizona and San Diego, and the Padres continue to get lost at sea, while the Pirates at thirty four and thirty two, they find themselves in third place in the National League Central, eight behind first place Milwaukee. And of course the Brewers have been hot all year. Well, your since the Dodgers now hitting the road, gonna see the Pirates for the first time where they're actually pretty good, and so too. Are the White Sox interesting road trip ahead?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I think so, and do not discount to Pittsburgh Pirates. For example, the Dodgers, they have the best team batting average.
Speaker 6: In Major League Baseball. They hit two sixty two.
Speaker 8: Well, the Pirates, that you think about, maybe be in the bottom part, you know, their fifth best. They're also fourth best in run scores you were alluding to a moment ago. What they can improve upon is their earned run average. They're right in the middle of the back at fifteen. The Dodgers have the best era collectively, starters and relievers in Major League Baseball. So for the Pirates, I mean, they're looking at a wild card position if they can. They're drawing a few more fans this year. And this is a pall club. Do not take them for granted, especially in their home ballpark. They're three games above five hundred here at PNC. But this is a pall club that believes in themselves. And as we know, you bring a back to back world champion team into town, it is going to uplift the competitive balance and that other dugout over for the Pirates.
Speaker 14: Last year, the Pirates beat the Dodgers four out of six. So Eric lower is going to get the start tonight, his third with the Dodgers two and five, a five seventy four er. His last start last Tuesday, couple of earned runs and four and two thirds, didn't get a decision. And then there's Paul Schemes. Schemes six and five a three point zho nine er. But the Pirates have lost he should his last four starts, and in those four starts he's zero and three with an er if nearly five.
Speaker 6: What in the world has happened to Paul Steen?
Speaker 8: Yeah, and our people, Well, first, of all, the fastball is there. I mean he averages right at ninety seven point eight those ninety eight miles an hours what he averages on that end of it. He also uses the change up, and the change up has really been a big, big pitch. Now people starting to figure out maybe a pattern that he is pitching, because when he's a head in the count is just a one thirty eight batting average against. But when he's behind in the count now this year, it's two seventy, and those numbers just don't really correspond to what we've seen Paul Skans in the early going of his career, not that he's been here for a long time, but boys, he ever made an impression.
Speaker 14: He has been intimidating out on the hill. Hasten to shut myself up and say he's a young Nolan Ryan.
Speaker 6: He's not a young Nolan Ryan.
Speaker 14: But what he is is a power pitcher who certainly has his mark.
Speaker 8: Yeah he is, But if we look at the last four starts, he's starting to come down looks human because he's zero and three in that particular time as the Ras almost five given eleven runs last twenty innings, and opposing hitters are hitting two ninety one in the last four starts, and hopefully the Dodgers have a plan to be able to attack ball Skins, who's had good success against the Dodgers and every other team. Quite frankly, he's facing his young career.
Speaker 14: So the Dodger pitching has carried the freight to this point this year three seventeen RA, which is the lowest in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 6: The starter's collective.
Speaker 14: Eras two ninety best in baseball, and the relievers three sixty six er, and they've had thirty eight quality starts, so the pitching has been right on the mark all year. Pirate pitching is okay, middle of the pack of four to oh three earn run average. But what they are is, as you mentioned now, they're becoming interesting. They're becoming relevant, it seems like for the first time in a long time.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and they're also stopping some surges offensively of other teams because the batting average against is the eighth lowest in baseball to two thirty one. Who has the lowest. Well, they've got blue uniforms on at least trend in blue, that being the Dodgers, who've allowed opposing batters to hit just two toh eight to this particular points, there's I've been a whole lot of threat offensively. The Dodgers obviously like to continue to rule. They've been good on the road. They're twenty and twelve away from the West Coast and hopefully they can build upon that on this six game road trip.
Speaker 14: Dodgers have a pretty good starter tomorrow. Fellow named shoe Hee Otani. Since May twenty ninth is last nine games. All he's doing is hitting four to sixty two. He's eighteen out of his last thirty nine. And so while the Dodgers begin the first of three with the Pirates in Pittsburgh, Cincinnati is at San Diego.
Speaker 6: And the thing.
Speaker 14: About the Padres, they have fallen out of bed. Back on May eighteenth, they led the division by half a game. Since then, they've lost sixteen of their last nineteen. That's them, the Dodgers and the Pirates. They're getting ready for the first of this three game series coming up.
Speaker 5: Tim all right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 3: You're leaning you up to first pitch on this Tuesday afternoon. Dodgers Baseball presented by Uniclow Field at Dodgers Stadium. Visit Uniclow dot Com slash us still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll preview this pitching matchup. Tim and Rick will have the keys to the game coming up shortly. But up next we go High and Tight, the weekly Conversation with the manager, Dave Roberts. That is next, leading up to Dodgers Empirates from Pittsburgh. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: As we were saying, yes, it's Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Pirates from Pittsburgh.
Speaker 5: Eric Lower Paul Skimes.
Speaker 3: The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball, brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast.
Speaker 5: When it's game day, it's group day and sh.
Speaker 7: And now what will likely be vass a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 12: This is High and Tight, the Dodgers kicking off a six game road trip, and we're joined right now by the manager. Our Managers Meeting brought to you by Downy Hunday and that's the one and only Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: Dave, thanks again for the time.
Speaker 15: It's good to be with you, Dave. We've got a family trip here. So we've got Pittsburgh, we've got Chicago, the South Side, the White Sox, so it's gonna be a good road trip. It's gonna be a lot of fun. And yeah, we're playing good baseball.
Speaker 12: You are the guy that sets the tone for the family of the Dodgers, and you're gonna be really trying to focus on family and your job because you're flying back to be part of your daughter's graduation this weekend.
Speaker 6: I am. I am.
Speaker 15: So I've got three games here and then I'll get the first two in Chicago, and then I'll fly back to my daughter's graduation and on Saturday night, which is on Sunday, and she's graduating from Stanford. So I'm really proud. And it is weird though, because you never want to miss a game, but I think that this is a good reason.
Speaker 12: Hey, the Rangers manager Skip Schumacher left the team for a day to be at his son's high school graduation. What's the balance for you, because obviously you have a lot of responsibility, but also your family comes first.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 15: I think the one thing for me is that the world has evolved, and many can argue not in a good way, in some ways good, some ways bad. But I do think in a lot of ways from the workplace sense of things, it's more open to kind of people spending time with their families and knowing that those moments are important, they're fleeting and so you know the job is going to get done with or without you. And so for me, I encourage my coaches to enjoy, you know, graduations, things like that. One of our coaches had to leave for a surgery for their daughter, and I it certainly welcome that because there's nothing more important than family. And it also I think when you get to do moments with your family and other things that are really important, I think you do your job better and then you feel better about the people you work with.
Speaker 11: And for you've done this before with your son, Cole.
Speaker 12: I'm curious when you're at your daughter's graduation, will you be looking at your phone a lot? How are you able to be present.
Speaker 11: In the moment.
Speaker 15: That's a great question. So I don't know what I did for Cole's graduation. But Emmy, it is going to be a day game, and I think they are going to overlap, so I think I might just try to put my phone down be completely present.
Speaker 12: Dave Roberts is our guest in Pittsburgh. The Dodgers will have Shoey Otani on the mound again. He's coming off a really good start in Arizona, but obviously we started to see the blister that he'd been dealing with. Where's that at, David, is there any concern possum?
Speaker 15: Our trainer does a good job with the blisters, and he's been with the Dodger since I played for the Dodgers, and he is a clubhouse favorite, and he says that the blister is totally manageable, totally fine. Uh, you know, not a big deal at all. So I expect show Hay to be good on Wednesday.
Speaker 12: I have random thoughts and with the All Star Game and the voting going on right now, Showho Tani most certainly will be voted in and maybe the top vote getter. But since he is pitching again, I'm curious, with the game being in Philadelphia, Sanchez having such a great year, would you rule out completely Otani possibly being the starting pitcher for the National League or since you're the guy and the Dodgers have greater aspirations, that's not something you would you would venture into.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I don't know how. You know, obviously you're looking at you know Sanchez, You're looking at Miz, You're looking at Shoe.
Speaker 6: Who's my guy.
Speaker 15: I don't know the schedule for all the guys, but obviously I think that I know Show he's done it before, you know Sanchez at home? I think, you know, so, I haven't made that decision yet, but as we get closer, you know, things can change. But as we get closer, I'll put more thought into it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's the fun side of baseball.
Speaker 12: And you have a few players that maybe aren't number one as far as the popularity contest. But how much do you believe that Max month Se and Andy pa has have earned.
Speaker 11: To start at their respective positions.
Speaker 15: I think they've both earned it. And still we have a lot of baseball left for the first half. But as we kind of get kick off the fan voting for the All Star Game, I really hope that you know, Los Angeles Dodger fans and fans all over the country pitch in and support Max and Andy specifically because Andy lost out last year. Max has been I think a few years since he's been an All Star. But they're both having tremendous seasons, and you know, we draw more than anyone. We have the best fan base than anyone, so hopefully that be reflected in the voting for our guys.
Speaker 12: As far as the pitchers go, do you believe that it's out of the question or not the question that Justin Robleski could earn a spot.
Speaker 15: Well, I think that young Moto should certainly and will certainly be in the conversation. And I think Robo, you can't argue the numbers and the performance, so if he continues to do what he's doing, I hope that he certainly gets some consideration.
Speaker 12: It's always great catching up with you, and again another great week with you, and congratulations to you, your wife and your daughter for accomplishing something big graduating from Stanford. So congratulations to a great dad, a proud papa.
Speaker 15: Thanks Dave, I appreciate you, and let's win a ball game tonight.
Speaker 12: There is Dave Roberts has been our guest, and don't forget heading into summer without a medical emergency.
Speaker 11: Kid is a risk.
Speaker 12: Be ready with an urgent care kit, say forty five dollars at checkout with code blue at Urgentcarekit dot com slash blue.
Speaker 11: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 5: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of DV Thank you to Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: As we lead you up to first pitch from Pittsburgh Dodgers and the Pirates. Up next, we'll dive deeper in this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Katson is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers hunting on.
Speaker 1: Your home for La Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Faseball hits the Dodgers and the Pirates as they start a three game series from beautiful PMC Park along the three Rivers there in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 5: First pitch coming up at three forty.
Speaker 7: And now before the Dodgers hit the Dina, we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 3: Brought to you by your Toyota dealers. We make it easy, well, never easy. Facing Paul Schimes, the pride of Elatorial High School, the Air Force Academy LSU, the number one overall pick in twenty twenty three draft.
Speaker 5: The twenty four year old right hander is six and.
Speaker 3: Five with a three zho nine ERA in his third season now in the big League's got that overpowering fastball that averages ninety seven miles per hour, a devastating change up, a sweeper, a sinker, a splittery three all. Making his fourteenth start this season last time out four and two, third innings, three runs, six hits, seven strikeouts, and a no decision.
Speaker 5: Paul Skiings has been really good, but over his.
Speaker 3: Last four starts owen three with a four to ninety five r. Let's keep him down while he's not pitching well. He has three and one with a two seventy ERA with thirty three strikeouts. In four career starts against the Dodgers. He has pitched a combine twelve and a third scoreless innings over his last two starts against La Skiings is good to go in the first inning and good to get him.
Speaker 5: He's got a season high.
Speaker 3: Six thirty nine ERA with four home runs in the first inning. After that, though, the number drops as he gets into a rhythm. Eric Lower left hander veteran going for the Dodgers two and five overall this year at the five to seventy four ERA.
Speaker 5: Thirty one year old left hander has.
Speaker 3: Been in the Big league's part of eight season with the Padres, the Brewers, the Blue Jays, now the Dodgers. Fastball, cutter, change up, and a curveball. He was one five with a six sixty nine ERA in eight games with the Toronto Blue Jays this year. This is in comparison to last year, where he was really good during the regular season, going nine to two with a three to eighteen RA and a career best two point two WAR Well, this year has not been good for him, so bad that he was designated for assignment. The Dodgers acquired him in a trade. Now making his third start in a Dodger uniform, a one to zero record with a two to fifty three ERA, less timeout, four and two third innings, two runs, five hits, and no decision against the Diamondbacks in ten career games nine starts against the Pirates, Eric Lowers three and two with a two sixty one ER. So Eric Lower, the veteran left hander going for the Dodgers. Paul Schemes, the pride of Eltoral High School, going at for the Pirates, we are fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are coming up next. I'm Tim Katson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap.
Speaker 1: On your home for the Blue All Season Log.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and the Pirates.
Speaker 3: Start up at a three game set part of a two city road trip for the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Three against the Pirates.
Speaker 3: Then it's off to the South side of Chicago as they will have a weekend set against the Chicago White Sox.
Speaker 5: Eric Lower Paul Skens.
Speaker 3: The pitching matchup first pitch in PNC Park is coming up in about twelve minutes. As we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo Start Great Moments. Start with Sapporo Beer, whatever your taste preference. Sapporo has you cover with the variety of crisp and refreshing Loggers Incleaning light and non alcoholic beers. Sapporo good with sushi, Great with baseball. One final time before first pitch, we head back out to the booth.
Speaker 5: Two guys on the call, Tim Never, Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Tim, Thanks again, we're counting you down to the first pitch here in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, on the banks of the Alleghany River as we look out over the Roberto Clemente Bridge with a lot of boat traffic on the Allegheny right underneath it. As the Dodgers get set to take on the Pirates here in game one of a three game set. Lefty Eric Lauer will be the seventeenth left handed starter against the Pirates this year. They don't see lefties all that often, but he's two and five. The last two starts he made for the Dodgers have been good. The Dodgers have won both of those games, and he comes off a two run performance over four and two thirds innings against Arizona last Tuesday.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's been effective in throwing strengths and challenging and also he's had a lot of cold strike threes in a couple.
Speaker 6: Of starts he's had with the Dodgers. Flip side.
Speaker 8: Dodgers have to figure out Paul Skeens, and hopefully they can do it the way it's happened the last four starts where Skiens is a zero to three. He's allowed eleven earned runs in twenty innings of the last four starts. And opposing hitters believe it or not, or he hitting two to ninety one against him. Those are numbers you've never associated with Paul Skien so far in the early part of his career.
Speaker 2: Now in the early part of his career, he's got good numbers against the Dodgers. In his prior four starts. He only four starts against the Dodgers, He's three and one with an ERA of two seventy. So he's had success, including a twelve and a third innings pitched scoring streak last year against La So we'll see what happens with Paul Skeins. Does he get back on track or do the Dodgers send him to another loss. We'll have to find out. Dodgers have won eighteen of the last twenty four game one of a six game road trip to Pittsburgh and then to Chicago after that.
Speaker 3: Tim all right, Dodgers seven and a half games up of both the Diamondbacks and the Padres, both of those teams in action. Arizona is in Miami getting ready to start a game against the Marlins. Meanwhile, later on tonight down at Petco Park in San Diego, it'll be the Padres against Eli Deli Cruz and the Cincinnati Reds Dodgers pirates Paul Skeins takes the mountain decks.
Speaker 5: When we return, this has.
Speaker 3: Been Moroco Casino Dodgers on deck right here. You're back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network