Speaker 1: We cant on that.
Speaker 2: It is the high right now. This is as warm as it is going to get. Six degrees right now in beautiful, shiny Minneapolis. Six degrees right now. It's only going to get colder by this afternoon. It'll be windy. It'll get to zero by about two o'clock, by five o'clock, seven below by nine o'clock to night, sixteen below, and then overnight by about one am three am, twenty one below. Twenty one below.
Speaker 3: Beid Weather in a Christmas Story movie when he sticks his tongue to the pole.
Speaker 2: This is what gets it stuck. Have you ever done that? Vunt no notice enough?
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't.
Speaker 2: We've done it several times being radio DJ as you do goofy stuff like that. I remember when I was a kid, I stuck. There was nobody else home, and I stuck my tongue to the doorknob of my home in Colorado is probably ten years old, and it stuck. I mean it's stuck instantly and fast. And I remember I was like, didn't pull it off, ye, because a lot of kids will pull it off and there's a tongue hanging from gosh. So I kind of just breathed on it and wrap. I don't remember, but I was calm and I got but don't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're supposed to just let your tongue sit there until it warms up and then it just comes right off.
Speaker 2: Is that well it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, your body heat ends up warming it up over time.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna try it. And then you got to take the hot cup of water outside and throw it in the air and watch it all like freezing crystals. Have you done that one?
Speaker 5: Fun?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: And I see so many people do it. I'm tempted to. You got to do it.
Speaker 4: I was trying.
Speaker 5: I have the social media partnership I'm working on and I was trying to do that the other day and it was not cold enough out until the hot water just flung off to me and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, ah, degree burn. Yeah, it will be cold enough tonight and through tomorrow. But you know, I think some schools be closed tomorrow. I don't know, We'll see how it goes. I want to run something by you guys, because I've been buying more stuff on the gram.
Speaker 4: Of course.
Speaker 2: Of course I found something on either Facebook or the g and of course you order it and then you either don't get something. It comes back and it's not what you ordered. Like I ordered you, guys three D Christmas ornaments of headphones, like radio headphones with your name on it. Yeah, it was three D. That means three dimensions, right, that certainly does. I got them. It was not three D. It was two dimensional. It was printed on a piece of plexiglass and it was still cute, but it definitely was not three D. So I ordered something for Carson. And then of course I get the mail yesterday that said bor your product. There's been delayed and the shipping is late because of things and over ordering and supply and demand and weather. And I'm like, okay, well here we go again. Yeah, I order him little coin a coin coin. Well, it's really cool. It says on the front it says to my son, and then it's got a picture of like, you know, a dad and a son from the back, and you can customize the hair color and the skin color and the hairstyle and and and then it says on the front it says, never forget how much I love you. As you grow older, you will face many challenges in life. Just do your best. I might not always be with you, but know that I believe in you, stay strong, trust yourself, and keep moving forward. Love dad, all right, who's gonna tell a gang?
Speaker 5: I mean, I think the silence tells him all this ridiculous.
Speaker 2: All this stuff you'll be buying. You can't go to lunch to Betty Hana once. What do you think Carson's fun to do with that coin? Literally, to carry is on a key ring. He's going to carry it in his on his keys and treasure it for the rest of his life, is what he's going to do.
Speaker 4: I would say he's probably gonna lose it within a week.
Speaker 2: He's not gonna lose it with his key ring.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: I understand the sentiment behind it, Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 4: I think it is very very sweet.
Speaker 5: However, it just feels like a really unnecessary material thing that he just doesn't need and he won't appreciate.
Speaker 2: Why can't you guys just support what I do once in.
Speaker 1: A while, because you know what, you could have done it instead of getting him that coin, instead of wasting your time looking for said coin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could have just said that to him with you.
Speaker 2: I say it all the time. So why is that not enough? You have to spend money on a coin because I wanted to have him carry me in his pocket.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's gonna I don't think he's gonna he's gonna see the coin. You're gonna give it to him, and you're gonna like have that little small smile like anybody you like it, and he's gonna go, wow, thanks.
Speaker 2: Dad, And then in two weeks you're gonna be like, you like the coin. He's gonna be like, look, oh oh yeah. I'm not sure what your co workers are like, but can you imagine coming into a conference room. You get a meeting, and you get it there a little bit earlier. You're on a zoom call a little bit early, so you talk about something like this and you tell your co workers, oh my god, I bought my daughter this bracelet that says I love you and blah blah blah, and your co workers go, oh, that is the stupidest saying. When you're gonna take me to lunch. This is what This is the stuff that I deal with here on a daily basis. It's a toxic work, and by no, it is.
Speaker 5: We don't know your coworkers, though we are your friends who are going to tell you.
Speaker 4: Like it is what it is. It's stupid.
Speaker 5: You're silly, stupid, tasted on something that Carson is not going to He will appreciate it in the moment, and then he's going to forget about it, and you'll think about that coin for weeks and you'll be like, oh, this was.
Speaker 4: Such a great right.
Speaker 5: And Carson is literally going to put it somewhere and he will probably forget about it until he moves and he's like, oh yeah, oh it got me this coin, or.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, what is this?
Speaker 1: If you gave me that coin, Dave, I would put it in my pocket with the hole in it.
Speaker 3: Okay, can I ask did you spend more than twenty dollars twenty bucks?
Speaker 2: Twenty five bucks on run over?
Speaker 4: Somebody texted and saying how big is that coin? That's a lot of words.
Speaker 2: It's the size of the needy, size of a fifty cent piece or a silver dollar. Okay, it's big and it's not tiny tiny. Carson even know what a fifty percent piece is?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's not the point. Does Carson know who fifty cent? Don'tkidding?
Speaker 5: You don't like some you know, teenagers their phones taken away.
Speaker 4: I think we need to take Dave's phone away.
Speaker 5: We need to somehow figure out also how to lock him getting any kind of sponsored targeted at anymore, because the man can stop himself, like ooh.
Speaker 2: Piece of candy.
Speaker 3: Why didn't you get Chase a coin that says I love you?
Speaker 2: That's a good question. I mean, I guess I could have gotten someone too, because no, that's not true. All right, moving on, I thought i'd get a little support from you guys. It came to the wrong cart apparently, so all right, keming up, We got the Goop Valentine's Day Gift Guide, which includes a shaky thing you wear around your neck. This is true. This is Gwyneth Paltrow's product of Goop dot com, and they've got the Valentine's Day Gift Guide. But that's not all. I'm going to share some of the ideas that they have on the Goop Gift Guide coming up next on Dave's Dirt Texas. For anything, any thoughts on the coin or any whatever you want to talk about, send us a text to Katie WB one five three nine two one.
Speaker 4: Eating and the shows and movies that we're watching. It's Dave's Dirt on KDWB.
Speaker 2: Let's look at the goop Valentine's Day gift guy. Now this is you know, Gwyneth Paltrow's things. She sold a who who scented candle at one point or is it be a who ha? I think the male parts of who who the female parts of who ha? Oh, but I'm not really sure. But then she also had the jade balls that you would insert in your mouth, but not your mouth.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, so she comes up with weird stuff, and I think one of the reasons is because it makes people talk. Okay, So here is the gift guy has got, including a shaky thing that you wear around your neck. It's called the vesper Mini. It's about two and a half inches long, it's got variable speeds, and the great thing is it's waterproofing you and use it in a thunderstorm.
Speaker 4: Oh wow? Nice?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And what don't be shaking your head at me, Jenny.
Speaker 4: I know, I just can't imagine.
Speaker 2: If you feel like taking things to the next level, you can kick it into turbo mode. The price pleasure in this case one hundred and sixty five dollars.
Speaker 4: One hundred and sixty five dollars.
Speaker 2: Well, it's it's got a Kickstarter. Yeah, b By, it's two and a half inches long. Pay attention.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for his and hers action. There's the hug. It wraps around him, but it stimulates the both of you at the same time. Well that sounds good. So I don't have to do a whole lot of work, you know what I'm saying. Put some work for you. I'm able to sit there and do wordle during the loven.
Speaker 1: Don't have to do a lot of the loven.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not. Connections by the way, was ridonculous today. Yeah, I want to know what it was that you went from. I don't have to do any work doing the love until wordle wordlen or they're connected, you see. Okay, And that thing that the hug is called is seventy nine dollars And if you really wanted to have him a Valentine's Day, he'll never forget. You can throw down ten thousand dollars to design your own lingerie. That gets you a session with an actual designer. Together, you come up with your own re piece collection. You can find out everything more and probably you know, adults only please on goop dot com.
Speaker 5: Got fine, all right, Well move it on from that Taylor Swift and Atlantis Mors that have been elected in the Performing Songwriters category for induction into the Songwriters Hall of the Same. At thirty six, Taylor is the youngest female to achieve this honor. Stee We Wonder was the youngest when he got it at the age of thirty two. So the induction ceremony will be held on June eleventh.
Speaker 4: In New York City, and to be nominated.
Speaker 5: A songwriter with a significant catalog qualifies for induction twenty years after their first release of a radio hit. Among those nominated but who fell short this time were Pink ll Cool Jay, David Byrne of The Talking Heads, and Sarah McLachlin.
Speaker 2: Okay, interesting, very well deserved though, I mean, come on.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Speaking of music, the Grammy Awards is announced six more performers at their ceremony and every single Best New Artist is going to perform on February first. So the nominees her Best New Artists are Alex Warren, Olivia Dean Somber, Katsi, The Marias, Addison, Ray, Leon Thomas, and Lola Young and so they will all be performing at the Grammys.
Speaker 4: So we can look forward to that.
Speaker 1: I know really loves Olivia Dean, so maybe he'll be super excited. And you really love Somber, so many of them all really excited and all of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that'll be very exciting.
Speaker 1: And this is going to be Lola Young's first performance since September.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because she kind of like didn't do it so well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she took a break canceled her tour via Instagram, so she'll be back for the Grammys.
Speaker 2: On February first, she was having health issues.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we all know one of the biggest songs from last year post Malone Morgan Wallin, Well, it was one of the biggest hits, and somebody revealed how long it took to write one of the biggest hits of the past year or so.
Speaker 6: We've had some help in like twenty four there's a twenty four minute voice note.
Speaker 2: Of I had some help from start to finish.
Speaker 6: The music's going, the vibes going, we kind of start spitballing ideas, we get a good chunk.
Speaker 2: Boom, there's the chorus, second verse.
Speaker 6: Everybody's thrown in and then yeah, twenty four minutes we look up. I was like, all right, let's go record the demo, and we had Morgan imposts on the demo that evening and we drove around listening from the studio to the bar. That night we were listening to I had some help Morgan Wall and post malon that night. Oh yeah, we got one.
Speaker 2: You know, you hear about these songwriters. They're like, yeah, I wrote Yesterday in eight minutes, or I wrote Style in two and a half minutes on the back of a napkin on an airplane, or I wrote you know the climb in my head in the shower. It's like, that's amazing. Oh, whereas most of us and that they always talk about how easy and how it just kind of poured out of them. You have never heard a story of a songwriter being like, man, I labored over this song for three months, yeah, and it just wasn't coming together.
Speaker 4: No, not really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I could write a song if I had to, just song. The only song I ever wrote was the lyrics to a song. But I did write Wet like the Rain. I did write the melody to that one, and it came to me in the shower exactly that one.
Speaker 5: You also wrote people loved, I mean, found performed it when, But when you wrote.
Speaker 4: P to Taylor swift me.
Speaker 2: Do you see the difference?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Writing the lyrics is easy? Yeah, Writing the melody, I could not write a melody at all. The old melody I wrote was wet like the rain. Yeah, and it's a pretty weak melody. All right. A couple of more stories here. American rock climber Alex Hanauld is going to scale the exterior of Taiwan's tallest skyscraper live on Netflix with no ropes, no safety net, and no second takes. It's called Skyscraper. It happens this Friday night at seven o'clock. He intends to free solo, the eleventh tallest skyscraper in the world, one hundred and one floors seventeen hundred feet above street level.
Speaker 4: You're into that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: I love that stuff.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, I watched Free Solo like a couple of weeks ago. It is he's there's something a little off in his head.
Speaker 4: In my opinion, he's on the spectrum onnoit well a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But it's not that it's I mean, maybe that's what it is, but it's the fact that like he doesn't find pleasure in any like normal things that other people do. Yeah, he has to chase that adrenaline and it's so dangerous. But at the same time, I saw him do an interview recently, or maybe it's an old interview, but it was kind of like, when you put yourself in these dangerous, risky things, you kind of are able to like handle life better because you break a nail and like something goes wrong at work and you're like, oh, whatever, I'm not dying. But when you're climbing something where you could potentially die, then like that is like where everything gets crazy.
Speaker 2: No, thank you, all right, we'll be back in a second on Katie'll be We're gonna do the sing along song of the day. Always kind of a fun time. A lot of the time we call you to get you on the radio once we see your phone number in your text, So text us, let us know what song you would like to sing along with, and we'll probably call you and get you on the radio. But you what do you want to sing along with? Give me a sing a long song via text. It's easy to text this. The number is KDWB one and we'll do the sing along song of the day. Boost your mood coming up, Just the letter J Bailey on The Dave Ryan Show one on one point three kd w B. You do look adorable today, and just say a white sweater with red hearts all over it. You look nice too. The purple is your color. You look good. It's called out all right, Let's get our sing along song of the day on Thanks for the suggestion for this one. Everybody knows the words sing along, boost your mood on the sing Along Song of the Day on kd w B. It's not a lot of snow coming with this bitter polar plunge whatever, it's not a vortext that there's what it is. Not a lot of snow coming, just a lot of cold. By this time tomorrow morning it will be twenty something below zero. But in some parts of the country, and still here in Minnesota, we're gonna get some more snow. And we do shovel many times a year. So what is the age limit for shoveling snow to be safe. Let's go around the room here and see what you guys think. Now, this is actual medical research that found out what is the age that you should probably have somebody else start shoveling your snow.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 5: With the sixty seven Okay, Bailey, Oh no, knowing my mother, I'm gonna say fifty eighth.
Speaker 2: Okay, fun yeah, roun Bailey, I'm just say like fifty four. They say sixty five, if you're over sixty five, you should not be shoveling snow, but other studies say forty five is the safest cutoff. Wow, I think it depends on your health. Let's be honest. I mean, there's some forty five year olds that probably couldn't even lift one shovel full of snow, like, oh god, lock, And then there's probably seventy two year olds that are just doing just five yeah, and it's like, hey, Mark, can you come do my driveway when you're done?
Speaker 4: Over there?
Speaker 2: They say that eighty five percent of people over fifty have some gunk built up and their arteries are gonna die soon. I exaggerated a little bit. They say, yeah, all right, at a risk of coronary artery disease. But if you can't have somebody else shovel and you need to dig out. Here some helpful tips from the American Heart Association. Right game here we go, Start gradually and pace yourself. Dress warmly, cover your mouth and nose, and wear a hat and gloves. Also some sort of a like a little like a little light up flare, you know what I mean, like a lot of necklace that lights up.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, you just to make it more fun. Thanks for playing a long bailey.
Speaker 4: Yuh?
Speaker 2: Push or sweep the snow rather than lifting or throwing it. Be careful when the wind is blowing, because wind chill increases the effect of the cold on your body. And if possible, there's a no brainer. If possible, use a snowblower.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, I feel like your snowblower. Tell me this is accurate. Yeah, your snowblower works half.
Speaker 4: Of the time.
Speaker 2: It starts half the time. Yet, okay, right, is that what you mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Exactly, Because it always seems like every time I know someone who has a snowblower, the snowblower doesn't actually work most of the time.
Speaker 4: So what's the point of having it?
Speaker 2: Well, because when it does work, it's glorious, right, it's a great thing. Yet it's in my book. I wrote a book years ago called take a shower, show up on time, and don't Steal Anything, And one of the chapters, their tiny Little chapters is shovel an old person's driveway. So if you live and I don't know, Saint Louis Park and there's a lot of old retired people around, and you see Bruce and his wife Connie outside trying to shovel the snow, go over and shovel it. Your young buck, go over there and shovel it for him.
Speaker 5: I live in Saint Louis Park and I have an older neighbor, Tom, he's probably in his eighties.
Speaker 4: He does mine for me.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: He is a snowblower.
Speaker 5: So a lot of times he'll do like my front sidewalk, not the sidewalk that walks up to my door, yeah, but the one that like pedestrians walk on and they nice.
Speaker 4: He'll do that one for me.
Speaker 5: I'm very grateful for because I am in a lot of pain lately, so it's hard for me. But I did get out in trouble last night because I didn't want to deal with it today.
Speaker 4: Right, smart smart movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, that is you can't make this stuff up. Brought to you by the Leo Agency. Thank you Leo Agency. Coming up, we're gonna have wild tickets. We got Coenen Gray tickets. We got the Oscar nominations coming up at seven thirty this morning. As soon as they are out, we will let you know brand new War of the Roses. My god, it's like you're being invited to a five star restaurant. Would you turn that away? Would you turn around and go a.
Speaker 4: Taco Bell?
Speaker 2: Nothing wrong with Taco Bell, but you're gonna miss out on the five star restaurant if you leave, So stay here,