Speaker 1: Broadcasting across the La Todchers Audio network on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: App level for another set who could do it lightly?
Speaker 3: They met another like the best player we've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Welcome into a playoff edition of Marongo Casino Tochers Deck.
Speaker 2: It's a whole new season.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame look at the world champion La Todchers.
Speaker 4: Oh show road still goes through lass.
Speaker 3: This is not a SLB.
Speaker 2: My hotemis in position.
Speaker 1: If you want to go, now your host walking you up the first pitch, Golden.
Speaker 3: It's Tim Cakes.
Speaker 4: Hi, everybody, and welcome into this playoff edition of Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck as your world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers are in Milwaukee, Wisconsin for the starts of the National League Championship Field. American Family Field is the location. It'll be closed tonight with the roof closed for a great game one Dodgers Brewers.
Speaker 2: Dodgers coming off a.
Speaker 4: Thrilling win in the NLDS over the Fight and Phills. After a couple of days off, they're back at it tonight with Blake Snell opening up this series.
Speaker 5: On the mound.
Speaker 4: First Bitch coming up at five eight. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on dec including hearing from Dodger manager Dave Robbers. We dive deeper into this game one pitching matchup as the Brewers are going with an opener.
Speaker 2: David Vassa will join us throughout the hour.
Speaker 4: He of course, will go one on one with Dodger catcher Will Smith. We've got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports in at LA, who you can see pre and post game during this postseason. In just a few minutes, we check in with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday out the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: Tonight is Game one of the NLCS. The Dodgers were last in action last Thursday night out of Dodgers Stadium and a thriller against the Phillies in Game four of the NLDS. As the Dodgers were up in that series two games to one, looking to close it out. With Tyler Glass now on the mound against a really good leftender in Christopher Sanchez, they went toe to toe for six innings Sanchez six and a third, one run five hitch five strikeouts.
Speaker 2: Tyler Glass now six shutout innings.
Speaker 4: He gave up just two hits while striking out eight along the way. The phillies lone run came in the top half of the seventh inning off Image Shean, Castellanos and Rbi doubled down the left field line, scoring Kepler, and the Phillies grabbed a one nothing lead. But the Dodgers would answer back in the bottom of the seventh. They'd load the bases after an intentional walk to show hey. Otani put all the runners on for Mookie Betts, who drew a walk with the bases loaded that brought in the Tye run. The Dodgers and Phillies were tied at one. They went to extra innings. Roki Sasaki asked to go multiple innings, and he did three to be exact. Meanwhile, the Phillies bullpen continue to put up zeros until the bottom half of the eleventh inning, Dodgers got runners on base. And sometimes doesn't matter how hard you hit it, how far you hit it, It's just that you hit it.
Speaker 6: Heart rates through the roof the oh one pitch. PA has grounds it back to Kirkery. He can't find it, he tells home.
Speaker 7: It's wide ten scores and the Dodgers are going to the Championship Series.
Speaker 3: Fire Works go.
Speaker 2: Off in center field. The Dodgers celebrate your first.
Speaker 8: Base on a ground ball back to the pitcher.
Speaker 2: Andy pot has somehow gets the job done.
Speaker 4: Andy Pie has hit it sixty feet six inches right to Ryan Kirkeran who bobbled the ground ball. Then in a panic, instead of throwing the first for the final out, decided to go home with it on Kim Wash tailing it down the line, beat the throw which was high to the catcher as he comes in to score, and the Dodgers walk off the Phillies last Thursday night, advancing to this National League Championship Series.
Speaker 2: As the Dodgers ninety.
Speaker 4: Three wins during the regular season now go up against the Milwaukee Brewers, who had ninety seven wins, most in the National League during the regular season. And of course, that was the top tier play of the game, brought to by Arco quality, top tier gas for less. As the Dodgers get fueled up and ready to go now as they continue their postseason March now in Milwaukee for the NLCS, Blake Snell on the mound first pitch coming up at five ozo Waight and with more, let's head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Guys, Tim Kats happy to join you from the good Land Game one of the National League Championship Series the Dodgers and Brewers. We've seen this postseason matchup before, Rick Monday. In twenty eighteen in the NLCS, the Brewers had home field advantage, came back home the three to two lead. The Dodgers won games six and seven to advance to the World Series. Then in twenty twenty in the wild Card round, the Dodgers swept these two teams. But this year, this Brewer's team the best record in Major League Baseball. They swept the season series from the Dodgers. This is going to be a tough test, even if most Dodger fans can't name a handful of players on that roster.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we talked Stephen in Philadelphia in the Division series about how loud that crowd was going to be. It was going to be the same way here before the game, we can say, well, the roof has been closed. There was some rain around the Milwaukee area, throughout the day. This is going to be a Rockers ground. It's been a while since the Brewers have gotten this far into postseason playing, and everybody sells the Brewers short. But then, as you mentioned, I mean, the best record in baseball, and they may be to some people. Is Pat Murphy, their managers is they may be the average joes, he said, but I look at him as woodpeckers. They just don't give up and they just continue to do it. And that's exactly what the Dodgers experienced because in losing those six games, yes that was in July, the Dodgers are not playing particularly well right. They also didn't have all other guys that were healthy either, but they were outscored thirty one runs to sixteen in that stretch. Did not sell the Brewers short at all.
Speaker 6: No, they had two win streaks this season of at least eleven games, and the Dodgers caught them during one of those hot streaks when they, as you mentioned, did not have a lot of the horses that are on the pitching staff incluting tonight's Game one starter. But it's an interesting contrast this championship series. Of course, you talk about market size, La against Milwaukee. You talk about payroll size, but really how these two teams play the games as well. The Dodgers, of course, led by their starting pitching. The Brewers, on the other hand, led by their bullpen. The Dodger offense built on slug the Brewer lineup that's built on playing small ball, doing all the fundamentals, the little things, being aggressive on the base pass, hitting with the runners in scoring position, getting the guy over. So I'm really excited to watch this series playout, but ultimately it feels like it could hinge on the Dodgers' ability to catch and throw the ball cleanland.
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely, because the Brewers, like the Dodgers, really did not beat themselves by making bad mistakes on the field, whether it be based running, swinging the bat. Swinging the bat also something the Dodgers a couple of guys need to figure some things out.
Speaker 5: Show.
Speaker 7: Hey, Otani did not have a good session. If you look at postseason so far, in particular against left handed pitching. Well, they've got a left he's going to open for them today. Ashby the left heam might be in there for one inning, maybe two at the most. But for this Dodger ball club from top to bottom. They were able to fill the spectrum of getting base hits, but I think more emphasis on getting hits than trying to go long bawl in this series.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we'll see what version of the Dodger offense shows up to start this NLCS ten. Because, of course, in a wild card round against the Reds, eighteen runs in two games on twenty eight hits. Well, in four games against the Phillies they had twenty eight hits in just thirteen runs.
Speaker 2: Score.
Speaker 6: It's going to take more than that if they're going to knock off the number one record in Major League Baseball. We'll get back to you a little bit later with some keys from mom.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, Elli, as we cut you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get.
Speaker 2: That game day meal on. It's Shaky's Pizza Parlo. Sounds good, right now? What are your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and mojos? And do it all through Shaky's dot com.
Speaker 4: Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts get his Game one thoughts going into this series.
Speaker 2: We'll check in with our Dodger insider David Fassi.
Speaker 4: Of course, throughout the hour he'll go one on one with Dodger catcher Will Smith will break down this pitchy matchup as a Brewers go with a opener eight left handed opener up next though Sports Net LA's Kirsten Watson stops by as we lead you up to Dodgers and Brewers Game one of the twenty twenty five National League Championship Series. First pitcher, Milwaukee's coming up in five oh eight. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kais is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunt game on.
Speaker 3: Your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Brewers Game one of the National League Championship Series from Milwaukee. Blake's now on the mount in the series opener. First pitch coming up at five o eighth.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson and.
Speaker 4: Kirson now joins us from Milwaukee. Brought to my Cars for Kids, Ready to donate that old car call he'd seven seven cars for kids right now, Friendly Asians standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the k to donate your car. Today. Here we are Game one NLCS. The Dodgers a chance to reset their roster for this round and a little bit of a tweak to this twenty six man roster.
Speaker 2: Karson.
Speaker 9: Yeah. So in the Wildcard as well as the NLDS, the Dodgers were carrying three catchers. A lot of that was due to Will Smith, the health of his hand fracture. He's in a much better spot. He of course is starting behind the plate today, and so they felt confident that they were only going to need two catchers for this series. So they ultimately went with Will Smith and then Ben Rourtvett, who has been such a force where they're working with the pitching staff working behind the plate while will Smith was down. So they've got those two catchers behind the plate. Then, so with that they added an additional pitcher. Of course, this is a best of seven, so they added Ben Casparius. And for Ben this year, he started off it was excellent. He was a key arm out of the bullpen. It was available in high lover situations. Then when there were some injuries to the rotation, they kind of built him up a little bit more so that he could be a part of the rotation, and that's where he started to struggle. They sent him back to the bullpen, but there was a point where one of the keys for him was getting righties out and he just was really struggling facing against righty batters. So they sent him down, they optioned him, and with that they put a goal in mind and it was just to lock in, make a few adjustments, get back on track. And what Andrew Friedman said today, he said, we challenged him and he went down there and he did exactly what he needed to do to get back on track. So he's been staying hot. He's been a with this team, traveling during of course of the postseason. But he feels good and he's excited to be a part of this NLCS roster and being to get on that mound and be in a position in which he can contribute, be another rity out of the bullpen, but contribute in key moments that it seems like this team is going to meet, especially in a seven game series, Dodgers are going to.
Speaker 4: Need show Hayo Tani to contribute as well. He's pretty quiet in the NLDS got neutralized by their left handers in the Phillies lineup. But this series a little different with the Brewers and the Dodgers are gonna need him.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it is gonna look a little bit different. We knew in the NLDS going up against the Phillies they were going to throw a bunch of lefties out, and we knew it was going to be some of the best lefties in this league. They attacked show Hey A Tani honestly, I mean in their case beautifully. Even Andrew Friedman this afternoon was just saying, you know, you had really good pitchers who executed their pitches perfectly facing show Hey O Tani and so yes there was a swing of miss maybe there could have been some better pitch selection, but ultimately just show Hey just wasn't in a position to be successful due to who he was facing. Now he comes into the NLCS looking to get back on track. Dave Roberts talking about him today, and they feel confident within him, you know, for him, they believe that they just want to see some consistent and better at bats and some more consistent at bats. So for that, obviously, when it comes to this match with the Brewers are going with a lefty opener in Ashby. The hope it's gonna look a little bit different compared to the lefties we saw in the for the Phillies. But the hope is that Showhittani can get back on track. He is going to pitch at some point in this series. Is not going to be a part of the first two games today, of course, Blake Snell tomorrow, Yoshinobia on Moto, but there is a plan for him to pitch in this series where right now the hope is he can kind of just get things going offensively, get back on track, and they feel absolutely confident as to what she can do. And we know sometimes the show Hey, it just it really can take one to pitch, and that is going to be a home run that might actually go through the windows here because they're open. So hopefully he can do that, and we will talk about show Hey struggling anymore. That'll be the end of it.
Speaker 4: It's good show Hey. Back on track is the Dodgers. Good things will happen after that, but right here and we appreciate it. Well, check in with you after the game still to come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we will hear from David vesse. He goes one on one with Dodger catcher Will Smith. But up next we'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts. Get his pregame thoughts as we leads up to Game one of the National League Championship Series Dodgers and Brewers from Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kats and this.
Speaker 4: Is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 4: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, continues says. We leads up to first pitch, Game one of the National League Championship Series, Dodgers in Milwaukee taking on the Brewers, Marongo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for a good time. Is Blake Snell on the mound for the Dodgers in the series opener, first pitch coming up at five oh eight.
Speaker 2: Anything questions for Dave?
Speaker 10: Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 2: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 3: In the dugouts with Dave Robberts?
Speaker 11: Dave pat Murphy has not been shy about describing his team as the underdog in this series. I think he joked today he wasn't sure if most of your players could name a Brewers. Has this been a concern at all for you, just in the way these teams are give you perception wise publicly that you guys are taking them lately at all.
Speaker 10: No, No, not of not a concern at all. That's just kind of how Murphy is. He tries to get into psyche and he's telling his team the opposite right in the clubhouse behind closed stores, so we know the act. He's gonna have his guys prepared. But no, we're prepared. We're playing good baseball and we expect the same out of those guys and all that. You know, the talk isn't going to really factor in the you know, once the game starts.
Speaker 11: And then teams make a lot of errors against these guys with the way they play. What is it about what they do the kind of leads to that, how do you guys kind of get your guys prepared to try to avoid some of that defensively?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think what it is starts with is they give a hard ninety, They run hard, they give a good effort, They try to be opportunistic on the bases, take the extra base. The batter runner is always aggressive, as a trail runner, and so with that, it puts a little bit more pressure on the defense to be sure handed, to be a little bit quicker, and so we're certainly prepared for that and understand that's how they play and that's the way you're supposed to play.
Speaker 9: Sonya, second round, Dave, what was kind of behind the decision to add Casparius and then remove Rushing from the roster.
Speaker 10: You know, with the rushing piece, we felt that Will is in a good spot to feel that we don't need to protect him to have a third catcher with Ben, we just felt that having another right hander to sort of be able to, you know, take down a certain part of their lineup if needed. And Ben was pitching the World Series last year, so he's got some experience as well.
Speaker 4: All Right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts talking about the twenty six man roster. A couple of tweaks from the NLDS now to the NLCS where we continue here. I'm Roco Casino, Dodgers on deck. We will check in with the David Vasse. Mister Milwaukee joins us next. So we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Brewers game one of the NLCS. Some Tim Kas's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, it's Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Brewers, game one of the National Leg Championships Series. Blake Snell on the mountain for the Dodgers. Left hander Aaron Ashby will be the opener for the Brewers. First pitch coming up at.
Speaker 3: Five o eight, joining Tim Kay Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 12: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 3: This is Dodger insider David Bassi.
Speaker 4: Or a DV less than an hour away from first pitch. What's it like there at American Family Field?
Speaker 12: Well, first and foremost, the roof will be closed for the first two games of the NLCS. Major League Baseball dictates that it was a little rainy and cold this afternoon, same as expected.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow, so the roof is closed.
Speaker 12: But unlike Chase Field in Arizona, the panels in the outfield don't exist here an American Family Field. Those are wide open windows, so the chill of the outdoor air is permeating inside American Family Field and the fans are starting to get into their seats. It's expected to be a sellout crowds.
Speaker 5: But I gotta be honest with you.
Speaker 12: Tim, not as much buzz here in Milwaukee as there was for Game one in Philadelphia. I guess it's just the kinder, gentler Midwest folk out here.
Speaker 2: They are nicer people than people in Philadelphia.
Speaker 5: Doubt Dames were city in Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: Davis brought to you by Ford. It's time to see Ford in a new light, all right, Dbie. What was the keys to the Dodgers to win this series as opposed to maybe last series in Philadelphia?
Speaker 2: Or is it still the same?
Speaker 5: No, it's much different.
Speaker 12: The Phillies were all about pitching and the Dodgers were able to grind out, you know, enough runs to beat the Phillies in a four game series. This is much different. The Dodgers are expecting o'tani and Freeman to do some damage against the Milwaukee right handers. The danger here, and the Dodgers got a taste of it in July when they lost six games and ten days to Milwaukee. Was just the tenacious base running that the Brewers' identity is. And talking to Miguel Rojas earlier this afternoon talking to Will Smith and Dino Ebel as well. They're all very aware of the fact what the Brewers like to do. If there's a runner on base, it's not just about the lead runner, it's about the runner that is, the batted runner, the trail runner. He'll try to take an extra base as well. So the way Miguel Rojas described it to me is the outfielders cannot just field a basic casually. They've got to be on their toes to be able to get that ball to the infield as quickly as possible. Expect, you know, the trail runner to want to take an extra ninety feet, and that's the way the Brewers score their runs.
Speaker 5: They take extra bases.
Speaker 12: The way I understand it from the Dodgers scouting report, they'll take extra bases when you least expect it.
Speaker 5: But the Dodgers are very prepared.
Speaker 12: And I'm sure you've heard this Tim as well, that the Brewers have forced opposing teams to make the most errors in their games. But the Dodgers are a veteran group. They know what to expect. They're very prepared. They just have got to go out there and execute.
Speaker 4: The narrative of this series, David is the big bad Dodgers from LA against the small, little average Joe's of the Milwaukee Brewers.
Speaker 2: And they're certainly playing this underdog role, aren't they.
Speaker 12: Yeah, their manager Pat Murphy, who has a background in college baseball, is really playing up that angle so much so it's starting to get a little annoying. Here's what he said this afternoon about the Dodgers, and they're so called no name Brewers.
Speaker 13: I'm sure that most Dodger players can't name eight guys on our roster, you know, no offense to them. They shouldn't have to know the names. But you know, these are these are some guys that hopefully they know their names by the time it's over.
Speaker 12: I can assure you the Dodgers know the Brewers players' names. It's called a scattering report. Pat Murphy, the Dodgers got one as well. His whole pregame press conference is somewhat entertaining, but also in some way very controlling, trying to have media members introduce themselves if it's the first time in a Pat Murphy press I'm not playing that game. Tim and I have not gone into his press conference and look, the Brewers are the team with the best record in the National League. Everybody knows about their scrappy little guys.
Speaker 2: If he does ask for your name, give m a fake name, David, just give it a completely different name.
Speaker 12: I might say Andre Eathier. They finched him at Arizona State. He loves to play that game.
Speaker 2: I love it, all right, David. We'll check back in with you just a couple of minutes.
Speaker 4: I also gonna hear from Charlie Steiner coming up it just a little bit as well as we continue here on Marongo, because you know, Dodgers on deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: But I'm next your Dodgers magical moment. Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 4: Lead You have to Game one of the National League Championship Series Dodgers and the Brewers, first pitching five. Oh wait, I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Milwaukee Brewers the National League Championship Series. Blake Snell on the mound for the Blue left hander Aaron Ashby will serve as the opener for Milwaukee. First pitch of five oh eight.
Speaker 2: Not a ball name without.
Speaker 6: A hot dog?
Speaker 5: Who wants a hot gun?
Speaker 3: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment.
Speaker 1: It's Magical presented by Hawfey hot Dogs.
Speaker 4: Well the Dodgers taking on the Brewers in the NLCS. We go back to to the twenty eighteen NLCS, the seventh anniversary to the day. How about that October thirteenth, twenty eighteen. It was Game two in Milwaukee when Justin Turner went yard.
Speaker 5: Two balls, had no strikes.
Speaker 8: Taylor leads from first, Jeffers deliveries fly ball the left.
Speaker 5: It's on its way and it is gone. A home run for Justin Turner.
Speaker 8: When they needed a home run the most, they turned to Turner a two run shot and the Dodgers take a four to three lead.
Speaker 4: Red turn two go deep a two run home run in the eighth inning to give the Dodgers a four to three lead in Game number two of the twenty eighteen NLCS. The Dodgers will go on and win that series and head to the World Series for a meeting with the Boston Red Sox. This Hofey magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, Haffey so Cass, Local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffey hot Dogs, Local and so Great. Will you heard his call there, Charlie Steiner. We'll check you out with Charlie next to lead you up to first pitch of Milwaukee Dodgers and the Brewers, Game one of the National League Championship Series. I'm Tim Kats's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap.
Speaker 3: On your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 4: Lean you up to Game one of the National League Championship Series from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It's the Dodgers and the Brewers, a rematch of the twenty eighteen NLCS. It's the Dodgers one. Blake Snell on the Mountain, the series opener. Leftender Aaron Ashby will be the opener for Milwaukee. First pitch coming up at five eight. As we're a little bit more than thirty minutes away from the start of the game. Time now for the Verizon startup. Now Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit the Verizon Store today, turn things over.
Speaker 2: Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 5: All right, Tim is game one of.
Speaker 2: The Scully Uker Bowl.
Speaker 8: I imagine if you believe in that sort of thing, Vin and you are gonna watch this game this afternoon and tonight from the best seats in the house.
Speaker 3: It's game one.
Speaker 8: Mo Much has been made about the fact that the Brewers won all six of their meetings against the Dodgers. That was back in July, and it's a different Dodger team. Michael Confordo's not here now, James Autman, the story of Ruis and several others. So to make a big deal out of that six tozero deficit the Dodgers face during the regular season seems to be overstated.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Jaring a good point because there was also some guys that were injured, including tonight's starting pitcher, that being Blake Snell. He was not active, he was on the injured list during the month of July. Yes, the Dodgers did not play well in the series here in the Milwaukee or at home with Dodgers Stadium for that matter. Outscore thirty one runs to sixteen in losing those six games to the Brewers. So you can make the fact, Yeah, it's a slightly different Brewers team. It's obviously a much different Dodgers team because some guys are healthy. But they fully understand. For the Brewers, you know, don't take that line seriously where they say, well, they're just average joes. You have the best record in Major League Baseball this year. They're better than average, and they will just actually run you out of the ballpark. They don't make many mistakes, and their bullpend has been terrific this year.
Speaker 8: Milwaukee says it it's way with one hundred wins during the season, the Dodgers had ninety eight. You mentioned Blake Snell, who missed quite a bit of time this year with the shoulder, but down the stretch, he has been remarkable in his last five starts, clearly regular season four and oh a point eighty four Er opponents sitting won thirty one against him, and he has really become the certified ace of this staff down the stretch.
Speaker 7: And in the rest conference yesterday after the Dodgers flew in from Los Angeles, he was asked specifically, well, what do you know about the Brewers? How'd you prepare for him? You didn't fitch against him, earlier this year, did you ask your teammates about them? And his answer was no, I didn't ask anybody. I looked at video and I've been watching, and he says, a very talented team. He says they will also steal bases. He says, the trick is to keep them off the bases to begin with. And if we look at the last outing that the snell head he was at one time, it was over seventeen batters against him, and his changeup was absolutely sensational, working very well. And we'll find out how it works tonight. Couple up with a fastball that could run right by if you're looking for off speed as a hitter.
Speaker 8: So the Dodgers send their ace out Blakes. Now nobody's been bettered down the stretch, and Milwaukee counters with a bullpen game beginning with Aaron Ashby.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And for Ashby, is he going to be there for one inning? Is it going to be for two innings? Don't really know. He's been kind of a different story at home where his ERA is under one and a half versus on the road. Still not bad on the road, it's just barely above three. But he's also a guy that if you look at the strikeouts, and he has seventy six strikeouts this year. A lot of hitters evidently have been fulled because thirty three of those seventy six strikeouts are called strike three. So the Dodgers need to understand where the corners of the plate are located. And the other thing that Ashby does keeps the ball down very well.
Speaker 8: Now to the bullpen, which was a big question mark going in. That was until the discovery of rookie Sasaki, who has changed the dynamic of only everything.
Speaker 7: And including the fact that he can work multiple innings if called upon him because he was stretched out as a starter. The other little difference is that Ben Casparious now is active on the roster for this series. And they said, well, he was coming back, looked pretty good. Then he stumbled a little bit. They worked on the delivery. Evidently that has helped him come back. He's raring to go. He's here and he's activated for this.
Speaker 8: Roster Game one, best of seven National League Championship Series. The Dodgers and the Brewers are in Milwaukee in just a bit, tim.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 4: Join Angel CITYFC Dodger fans all October at BEMO as they host their final home game for the regular season. Tickets and info at angelcity dot com, plus plan ahead for next year. The twenty twenty six season is gonna be here right around the corner. You get season tickets with the Angel CITYFC, which are also on sale at angelcity dot com.
Speaker 2: Still to come here.
Speaker 4: On Dodgers on Deck, we'll preview this bitch matchup with snell Zilla going for the Dodgers, an opener going for the Brewers. Stephen and Rick will get to those keys to the game up next, So we go high and tight with Dodger ketcher Will Smith Dodgers Brewers. Game one of the National League Championship Series is coming up. I'm Tim Katson, the world champion Los Angeles Audio Networks.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's Dodgers and the Brewers Game one of the National League Championship Series from American Family Field in Milwaukee. Lake Snell goes for the Dodgers in the series opener. Left hander Aaron Ashby will be the opener for the Milwaukee Brewers.
Speaker 2: More on the numbers coming up. Of these two coming up in just a few minutes.
Speaker 4: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vassy fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 3: It's high and tight.
Speaker 12: It's game one of the NLCS and Dodger catcher Will Smith has been in the postseason every single season in the big leagues. Will thanks a lot for the time, appreciate.
Speaker 14: It, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 12: Does this ever get lost on you that what you've done in your career. Not a lot of players get an opportunity to be part of the postseason every season.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's it's it's special. You know, I'm fortunate to be the Dodgers. You know, we're in a spot we're good every year, so we get to play in these late late October games. Trying to do it again this year, trying to, you know, have a good series against the Brewers. They're a good team, come out and eliminate them and move on.
Speaker 14: To the World Series.
Speaker 12: Other Dodgers have told me how much they love hitting in this ballpark. What is it about this ballpark that makes it so hit her friendly?
Speaker 15: I don't know, I've I don't know, honestly, I don't know so hitter friendly. But got a good place to hit. You can see the ball well here, I don't know. They got some good arms there though. They throw the ball hard, so it'll be it'll be a good test.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 15: I don't know the reason, I really don't, but yeah, it's yeah, it's a good backdrop over there.
Speaker 12: Well, this Brewers team puts the ball in play a lot. They forced the issue, taking the extra base, stealing bases. They've the National League and stealing bases this year. How much is that in the back of your mind and putting it in the forefront of pitcher's minds.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's it's definitely. Know what they're good at.
Speaker 15: They do the little things well, they take the extra base, they they keep pressure on.
Speaker 14: The other team. So uh, yeah, we're gonna have to do.
Speaker 15: Our best to you know, slow them down, keep them off the bases. Now let them go to that extra ninety feet. But yeah, we just gotta play good baseball. You know, pitcher's gotta pitch, give me a chance to throw them out if they go, you know, make make the plays in the field and not give them any extra any extra bases.
Speaker 12: I know every situation dictates what's more important than another. But how important is it to try to control them and stealing bases?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Yeah, ninety feet is huge.
Speaker 15: You know, you go from first to second, you're a score position in base Knock is a run, so it's big. We gotta cut them down. You know, pitches gotta be quick, but they still gotta make their pitches, and you know, I gotta make a good throw MOOKI r Moki or Tommy or Miggey, whoever's out there, it's gotta get a good tag.
Speaker 14: So it'll be tough. But uh, you know, I feel like we've done pretty pretty job of.
Speaker 3: It this year.
Speaker 12: Everybody's gonna point to the fact they beat you all six times this year, But how different is this Dodger team compared to the one that they saw in July six times and ten days.
Speaker 15: Yeah, they maybe it's pretty handley. That was that was kind of our roughest stretch was right around them. But they're good too. Yeah, we've got to play good baseball. You know it's going to start with uh, Blake the office to good start and uh, yeah, I try to win Game one.
Speaker 12: Blake Snell has really shown what he's all about in the first couple of starts in the postseason. What have you seen from him just in these handful of starts that you've caught.
Speaker 14: Yeah, he's he's been dominant.
Speaker 15: I only call it the one inning for him from in Philly, but uh, just watching him again Cincinnati, watching mister Phillies in early in that series, it was it was it was awesome, man, it was. It was impressive what he was doing. It's he's mixing pitches. He's just making pitches. He's executing, getting ahead of guys, putting guys away, missing barrels.
Speaker 14: It's it's been fun to watch.
Speaker 12: Early in a start. Can you tell when he's on? Is it about the fastball command up in the zone? Is it the change up? What is it that tells you, Okay, he's got it tonight.
Speaker 15: Ah, he's usually pretty on. You know, usually the stuff's there, he's making pitches. But yeah, it's just a command. It's how it's how the hitters are reacting to it. Yeah, just just mixing speeds, keep him off balance, being unpredictable, putting guys away, and you know, getting Alice and putting on zeros.
Speaker 5: Before I let you go.
Speaker 12: It seems like the talk about your right hand has quite it quite a bit. Is that just a product of the fact that it's not affecting you.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's feeling good.
Speaker 15: It's feeling good, no worries at all, still doing you know, the daily treatment all that, So it's feeling good.
Speaker 14: But yeah, we're in a really good spot right now.
Speaker 12: All right, Well, thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it, and good luck this series, and I'll stay away from the slide, all right.
Speaker 14: Thanks.
Speaker 12: There he goes Will Smith, Dodger catcher, ready to go for the NLCS Game one starts in moments. Tim will send it back to you.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks a lot. DV leading you out to pitch. Dv's right. First pitch, it's gonna be here quickly. Up next, we're gonna dive deeper into this Game one pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Brewers, Game one of the National League Championships Series. First pitch from American Family Field, this coming up at five oh eh.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 4: Matchup presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Work hard and play hard at a New Tacoma with an I Force turbo Charts engine as a truck built for the bold.
Speaker 2: See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy.
Speaker 4: Aaron Ashby on the mound in the series opener for Milwaukee. Twenty seven year old left hand or fifth season in the Big leagues. Made forty three appearances during the regular season. Only one time did he started a game as an opener. The other forty two appearances whereas a traditional reliever out of the bullpen. In the postseason, this is his fifth appearance and it's his second time serving as an opener. Don't expect him to be out there too long, as they are going with the left hander against the Dodgers' top three batters. Blake Snell. Hello, he's on the mound for the Dodgers. Thirty two year old left hander with spectacular September, going two to one with a two to twenty five ERA and thirty four strikeouts and four starts. He made just eleven starts this year, again to the shoulder injury he suffered. Came off the il on August second and had a two to forty one ERA sixty eight strikeouts in fifty two and a third inning. Since then, he allowed two runs in seven ams while notching his fifth career postseason victory in Game one of the NL Wild Card Series against the Reds, then followed that up with a six shutout any performance against the Phillies in Game two of the NLDS where he picked up the win. He's two to zero with a one thirty eight ERA in eighteen strikeouts of this postseason fourteen career postseason games, six and three two ninety two ERA. He faced the Brewers three times in his career, one and two of the five nine or five seventy ninety ray seven walks twenty two strikeouts. He last took them mount against the Milwaukee Brewers as a member of the Giants back in twenty twenty four. This is his second career start at American Family Field. Blake Snell, Aaron Ashby Dodgers Brewers. We are fifteen minutes away from Game one of the National League Championship Series. Keys to the game are next donk go Anywhere. I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your Home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and Brewers Game one of the twenty twenty five National League Championships Series.
Speaker 2: Blake Snell going for the Blue.
Speaker 4: Left Hander Aaron Ashby will get the start as the opener for the Brewers in this game. One first pitch come out up at five eight. Before that, though, we head back out to the booth one final time. The two guys on the call, Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday, guys, all.
Speaker 6: Right, thank you TC Back here with Rick Monday. First pitch, rapidly approaching inside the ballpark formerly known as Miller Park and how Am Fam Field in Milwaukee. The side of games one and two, potentially six and seven of this National League Championship Series, the Dodgers will throw up Blake Snell to make his third postseason start as a Dodger. The Brewers are going to go with an opener, a left handed opener in Aaron Ashby, who was very busy in the Division series against the Chicago Cubs. So mo, if someone were to ask you, like I'm doing right now, give me a key or two or three, what would you say?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 7: I think for Blake Snell to change up. I mentioned that because the change up against the Phillies was actually magnificent. At one point in time, he retired seventeen batters in a row, not only the changeup, but also the curve ball. He kept hitters off balance. He was asked yesterday in the press conference, well, what about the Brewers not pitch against them earlier this year he was still injured. He says, but I've watched games. I know what they can do. I know what they can't do. And he also says, I know who runs who doesn't run in the situation ballgames. And I mentioned that because from top to bottom this Brewers team, as you mentioned earlier, they are aggressive. They will pick spots and they're going to try and force mistakes.
Speaker 6: The Brewers had the most stolen bases in all the National League with one hundred and sixty four and something to keep in mind, Mow the Dodger bulpen has allowed the most stolen bases in baseball this year. They have a handful of guys who really struggle holding the run game. Now, Blake Snell said, the first thing, first and foremost, just keep them off the bases. That's easier said than done, because they also put the ball in play. They led the league in infield hits.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no question about it. They have some speed on this ball club, and they're not afraid to take something off the swing to try and put it into play. And I think the Dodgers also, if they overshift defensively, I think the Brewers are going to try and go the opposite way and stacks singles back to back to back and then use the speed on top of it.
Speaker 6: Seven years later, the Dodgers and Brewers meet in the Championship Series in the National League. In twenty eighteen, they did. The Dodgers won in seven games. Only six players total remain from those two clubs, three on each side, Max Muncy, Key Key Hernandez, and Clayton Kershoff for the Dodgers. Christian Yelich Freddie Peralta and the injured Brandon Woodruff for the Milwaukee Brewers. Game one from Milwaukee. First pitch coming up quickly?
Speaker 2: All right, who's ready?
Speaker 4: Game one of the NLCS Dodgers a couple of days off, rested, ready to go as they take the field tonight against the Milwaukee Brewers. Game one of this Best is seven series to see who goes to the World Series begins next from Milwaukee. This has been Moronco Casino Dodgers on deck. I'm the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network