Speaker 1: Well with me, guys, have a few shows. Just thank you.
Speaker 2: We are your attention, your firing.
Speaker 3: This is world Champion, Dodgers, World champion for.
Speaker 2: A small song.
Speaker 4: Time they get up people what they want to die too?
Speaker 2: In a row two is special.
Speaker 5: I'm like, yeah, it's not a headache, O host one of them.
Speaker 2: This balls gone.
Speaker 6: You ready to go.
Speaker 3: Grab your phone to get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven.
Speaker 7: Come to the show and now your host of Dodger Talk, David Vasse.
Speaker 3: We are on the eve of the Dodgers leaving for Canada.
Speaker 2: For Game one of the World Series.
Speaker 3: Welcome the Dodger Talk David Vase with you until eight o'clock tonight here on AM five to seventy LA Sports and we have phone lines open at eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventies. So many of you say you can't get in uh during or after a game, So this is a great time to get in and talk Dodgers as your Dodgers are headed back to the World Series for a second straight year, looking to become the first team in a quarter century to win back to back World Series championships. That was the three peat Yankees of Jeter Pasada, Bernie williams Andy Pettitt, those guys, and the Dodgers certainly would carve out some history for themselves if they're able to win this World Series and go back to back, because not many teams have done that over the course of baseball's history. You go back to the sixty one and sixty two Yankees, the seventy two seventy four A's that was a three peat. Seventy two, seventy three, seventy four, they beat the Dodgers back to back years. The Reds the Big Red Machine, went back to back in the seventies, as did the Yankees beating the Dodgers back to back years.
Speaker 2: And these Blue Jays.
Speaker 3: Last time the Blue Jays were in the World Series was when they went back to back in ninety two and ninety three Joe Carter's famous World Series ending walk off home run in nineteen ninety three. So not many teams in baseball's history have won back to back championships, and the Dodgers are looking to become just the first Dodger team ever to win back to back championships. That has never been done in franchise history. So we got a lot to talk about between now and eight o'clock. Of course, your Dodger coverage begins at six am here on a five to seventy LA Sports with Tim Kats and Steve sax scam every weekday morning during the postseason and back to back years. They have new life, extended life to be able to take it deep into October. And look, you could come up with all the different reasons why the Blue Jays can beat the Dodgers, similar to how you could come up with your nine reasons on how the Phillies can beat the Dodgers or your nine reasons why the Brewers can beat the Dodgers. The reality is these are two the top five payrolls in baseball. These are heavyweights in each coast. Just like last year, Yankees Dodgers, Blue Jays Dodgers both have a lot of heavyweights and superstar power in this series. And arguably the hottest player, hottest hitter in this World Series is not wearing a Dodger uniform. And no he's not George Springer. That's Vladimir Guerrero Junior, who has been red hot this postseason getting the J's to the World Series. So that's one guy you have to watch out for. If the Dodgers are able to execute their pitches. I already know they have a game plan and they actually showed it how to pitch Vladimir Guerrero Junior earlier in the summer because he didn't do much of anything against the Dodgers when the Dodgers took two out of three. And you may be wondering, why do the Blue Jays have home field advantage over the Dodgers. And it's not just because the Dodgers were a division wildcard team. That's not the reason why. The reason why is that the Blue Jays won one more game than the Dodgers did during the regular season. So you think back to the Angels sweeping the Dodgers, you think back to leads that were blown in the eighth and ninth innings this season, well, they do matter. It cost you home field advantage. But the Dodgers have gone into very hostile environments. The Phillies and Blue Jays have two of the best records at home. The Dodgers won the first two there and they won the first two in Milwaukee as well, so they're no stranger to not having home field advantage and shocking the other team quite frankly, and going back to Dodgers Stadium up two games to nothing, and that's something that they're hoping to do this time. It's gonna be, in my estimation, just as challenging as it was to win two in Philadelphia. This is the Dodgers' biggest test this side of the Phillies in this postseason, with the Blue Jays right in front of them and in their way of trying to win four more games to win.
Speaker 2: The World Series. Similar to the Brewers.
Speaker 3: I mentioned this with Petros and Money earlier today, I kind of feel like the Blue Jays, I'm not going to say, are satisfied by going to the World Series, but it is the first time in what thirty three years that the Blue Jays Canada has an American League Championship team, and they will have World Series games for the first time since Joe Carter. I mean, it felt like that was the big victory. Similar to what Pat Murphy conceded after Game five excuse me after Game four of the NLCS, where he said playing the Cubs and that rivalry and just everything that was going on between Craig Council leaving and just how badly both cities wanted that. To me, it kind of feels like the Blue Jays might have emptied the tank to be able to get to the World Series. Certainly the empty the tank on a few pitchers, and all of their pitchers Chris Bassett Kevin Gossman were used last night in Game seven. Also Louis Varland, who has been used in ten postseason games already. I mean, he's on track to be used just as many times or pretty close to it, as Brandon Morrow was by the Dodgers in twenty seventeen. Brandon Morrow pitched in every single World Series game that year and through seventeen, and pitched in seventeen postseason games that year. Think about that, and Louis Varland is one of, if not the most relied upon reliever for the Blue Jays. So here's my question, how much do the Blue Jays have left for the Dodgers, who are extremely well rested. They will have their starting rotation on extra rest starting with the Game one starter in Blake snell Sneil Zilla again will start Game one, and this will be his first World Series since the Dodgers beat the Rays in twenty twenty and game two Yamamoto. And when the series comes back to LA, whether it's Game three or game four for Tyler glass Now and show hey Otani, certainly for glass Now because the Dodgers have been fortunate that glass Now has pitched at home number one and the start times were when the shadows were a big factor. All of these World Series games are starting at five o'clock Pacific time. Once this series returns back to Dodgers Stadium and glass Now is on the mound and show he Otani is on the mound, they are going to have a huge advantage with those shadows and that start time of five o'clock. And by the way, Rick Mundane, Stephen Nelson will be on the call right here on AM five to seventy LA Sports, and Joe Davis and John Smoltz will be on.
Speaker 2: The call for Fox Sports.
Speaker 3: Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number before we go to break and coming up on the show tonight, your phone calls, we have two lines open.
Speaker 2: We will hear from Dino Ebol who had one.
Speaker 3: Of the best views of the best game ever played by a single player. Shoe a Otani's incredible Game four and also coming up later in the show, Keik Hernandez will share his emotional feelings about being on the verge of tyme Justin Turner for playing the most playoff games in Dodger franchise history. And we had a chance to also catch up with Pedro Martinez and he had incredible things to say about the Dodgers Game one starter Blake Snell. But here's something to consider, and this kind of hit me earlier today. Isn't it about time Los Angeles embraces Dave Roberts. I know you have one foot in, but isn't it time for you to call in and really praise Dave Roberts. He's going to his second consecutive World Series. He did that in seventeen and eighteen. He's managing a veteran team that at times didn't give you everything you wanted, and he never panicked. And he had a couple of meetings with the hitters with a bullpen and with the entire team in September in Baltimore. It doesn't sit right with me if you're going to blame Dave Roberts for everything when it goes wrong and not give them credit for when things go right. And look, I've been pretty fair with Dave. I'm not just Dave does everything right type of guy. There have been times since he took over, since twenty sixteen where I have been critical and I feel fairly but at some point ever since twenty twenty, he has taken it to another level. And it just seems like him and Andrew Friedman are more on the same page in the last five seasons than they were in the first four years. And I think at a certain point in time you have to give Dave Roberts some credit. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number when we continue on Off Day Dodger Talk on this NBA Opening Night Tuesday, we'll hear from Dino Ebol, We'll hear from Key k Hernandez and Pedro Martinez, and we'll hear from you. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy David vass with you until eight o'clock right here on AM five seventy LA Sports advass a with you until eight o'clock right here on AM five to seventy LA Sports Off Day Dodger Talk World Series Week Edition, Game one will be Friday at five o'clock Pacific time from the Rogers Center in Toronto. Rick Monday and Steven Nelson will be on the call, Tim Cats. We'll get you set with Morongo Sino Dodgers on deck at four o'clock and game two Saturday night in Toronto, same time, same bat channel, all of that Dodgers Radio and five to seventy LA Sports coming up in a moment. I can't wait to share with you what Dino Ebel told me about his perspective in the third base coaching box when Shoe he Otani hit his three home runs, including one over the right field pavilion.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that. We'll also get to keyke.
Speaker 3: A Hernandez and Pedro Martinez. And just in case you were wondering who the special guest may have been calling in, well, that special guest got.
Speaker 2: A better offer.
Speaker 3: He got tickets to the Laker game and that was the game one starter himself, Blake Snell. He's probably courtside right now, hob nobbing it up with Luco over there. Eight six six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's get out to the calls. Let's go out to Manuel and Guardina. You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 4: Lead us off, Oh, DV Man just excited, brou What can we say not only about Roberts, about Freedman, but first off, Man Am five seventy, from scam, from working Kate's twenty five hours a day, from you being so accessible down there, you know, in the champagne showers and all that. Man, none of it would be possible without Am five seventy. And that's why I always say, man La is lucky to have Am five seventy. As far as smells Hiller Man, who could blame him? Right? I mean Opening Night or calling into Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: You know, are you saying that's a better offer than calling into Dodger Talk and talking to his boy?
Speaker 4: Well, he could talk to you all the time, man, so you know, yeah it is, Dave.
Speaker 2: You know that.
Speaker 4: You know you would have done the same thing.
Speaker 2: You'd be right. But I'm stuck here. I'm stuck here talking to Mana.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm stuck here talking to Manny and Guardena instead of being with snell Zilla at the Laker game.
Speaker 4: I'm an egginget. But aye, that's why we appreciate you.
Speaker 1: DV.
Speaker 4: Hey, five five games. This thing's gonna go tops. You know, the Dodgers are primed right now. They're running on all cylinders. Like you say, They're that free train coming down the track that you can't avoid. And uh, I'm just hyped up for it. Man Let's kick Canada's ass, Baby Gold Dodgers back to back.
Speaker 3: Love it, Manny, Thank you for the phone call. I guess like his order was coming up right there. We heard the drive through in the background. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 3: The best part of the Dodgers not having home field advantage in this year's World Series is that with the two three two format, it gives them an opportunity to do something that they have only done once in their franchise's history, including Brooklyn in nineteen fifty five.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers have.
Speaker 3: Only won the World Series clinched the World Series at home once. Can you believe that nineteen fifty five? That was at Yankee Stadium. It wasn't at Ebbitts Field. The only time the Dodgers celebrated a World Series championship in front of their home fans was when the Dodgers swept Mickey Mantle Roger Maris in the nineteen sixty three World Series. That's the last time and only time the Dodgers have ever won the World Series on their home field.
Speaker 2: Think about it.
Speaker 3: Nineteen fifty nine, that was against the Twins, Game seven, they beat them in Minneapolis. Nineteen sixty five, same thing, they beat the Twins in Minnesota. Fast forward to nineteen eighty one. That was at Yankee Stadium, Game six. Nineteen eighty eight, the Dodgers beat the A's in Oakland in Game five, famous photo of Oral Herscheizer being hoisted up by Rick Dempsey in their road grays twenty twenty, the pandemic obviously in Texas, and last year at Yankee Stadium Game five. So with this format of two three to two, if the Dodgers can win at least one game in Toronto, they will have a chance to do something that they have only done once in their franchise's history, and that celebrate winning the World Series on their home field.
Speaker 2: Let's go out to Northridge. Jd. You're on Dodger Talk with David basse I.
Speaker 8: Jd oh, Dave, Hey, it's great to hear your show. I've been living in New York the last couple months and following the Dodgers late night. But then the playoffs come around, and I had to be with my people and I'd go what games and bars and for Godden Friendly And that's been awesome now that the playoffs started. I watched that gut wrencher in Game one against the Brewers and in a bar called Tuckeria Grammercy and high fives all around after trying got that last out, and then the barkeep handed out free victory shots, and that great night to be a Dodger fan in Manhattan.
Speaker 3: Where are you gonna watch Game one this year? Maybe Monty's and Woodland Hills.
Speaker 8: You know, I'm it's good to be home. I may just be here in my living room, but you never know.
Speaker 3: HQ Grow Pub in Woodland Hills. Those would be my top choices in the valley right there.
Speaker 8: Hey, you're making a great case. I also have to tell you this yesterday, because I just got home. I went to the final resting place of George Herman Ruth Alien. Really, I just had to go there because of all of the comps to Otani and just at one hundred years apart, these two guys, the only two men of the what more than twenty two thousand have played Major League baseball that could be compared to each other at the top of the heap, and it was.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 8: It was an important pilgrimage for me being a Dodger fan and a baseball junkie.
Speaker 3: All Right, well, it's great to visit a dead person. Thanks for the phone call, JD. Appreciate it. Let's celebrate the people that are living, including show Heo Tani, who is doing things that not even Babe Ruth was doing back then. And speaking of show Heo Tani, I did have a chance to speak to Dodgers third base coach Dino Ebol last night at the workout and had to ask him he was there. He was the one high fiving show Hao Tani when he rounded third base. He had a great vantage point along with Chris Woodward at first base in the coaching box there of Otani's three home runs, and I was wondering what it was like to be on the field as history was being made. Is that the single greatest performance by any player in postseason history?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 9: And of like you said, been in a lot of postseason games and World Series and just in and that you know, the normal uh one hundred and sixty two game season. Anybody who goes deep three times in one game, that's special. But to go out there and pitch the way he did, had ten punch outs. And you know what, David, I could honestly sit sit here and tell you today that in the box, in the moment, and it's first at bat, the way he started taking pitches, I knew he was locked in because he wasn't flying out. He was staying in himself. It looked like now the head was more you know, steel, He wasn't moving. And after that first homer, I said, this is what the show, hey, you know is about, because once he wasn't moving a whole lot with a body movement. I said, he's locked in and his strength is to left center. I know he hit some bombs to right. Both the show, hey, I know is when he's hitting the ball, well, you know, he's staying in there and driving that battle left center field, which he hit a home run and his lastly.
Speaker 3: Bat, the one that he hit over the right field pavilion four hundred and sixty nine feet, could you tell it was going over the roof and when it did go over the roof, did you have to do a double take? And I'm just curious from your standpoint, could you tell it went over?
Speaker 9: I could honestly sit here today and tell you the ball was so high I knew it was gone, And when it was hit, it was so high. When I looked up in the bill of my helmet, I got like a blur in the lights.
Speaker 2: I actually had to.
Speaker 9: Put my hand in front of me to block the lights because it was so high. And I go, this ball has a chance to hit like in that upper tank there where the people are walking. And when I saw it go over the roof, I said, I cannot believe it.
Speaker 2: I just witnessed.
Speaker 9: I mean, nobody even does that in batting practice, which he did when he took batting practice out.
Speaker 2: Like a few days earlier.
Speaker 9: But to go that far over the pavilion something that I'll never forget.
Speaker 3: What was it like before the game, when you maybe passed by him in the cage or in the dugout. Could you sense a different look about him?
Speaker 9: Yes, because one he's he is a little different when he pitches. He's more locked in on the pitching side of it. Again, we need him as an offensive player. But there's something about that first at bat that I even told our guys in the dugout. I said, I like what I'm watching right now with show Hey. And I'm not a hitting coach. I'm that's not one of my lanes that I ever get involved in. But as standing out here all the years I've been watching good hitters. That's when I saw show Hey in his first at bat, the way he was taking pitches, I said, look out, he's he's going to run into one, but to run into three something I'll never forget something in the world, would never.
Speaker 2: Forget anything extra.
Speaker 3: When he came around third base on any one of those three home runs.
Speaker 9: Nope, same same show Hey. He gives me the little you know, you know, high five, and I just saw, you know, I saw a little smile as he looks in our dugout.
Speaker 2: But what a moment.
Speaker 9: One for himself, one, two for the Dodgers, and three to do it at home and here at Dodger Stadium. See our fans, I mean, just.
Speaker 2: As loud as you can get. It was.
Speaker 9: It was a special night.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: He is the Dodgers third base coach, Dino Ebol with a front row seat to history in Game four the NLCS, when shoe Heotani not only pitched six scoreless innings and had ten strikeouts, but also hit three home runs, and the second one over the right field pavilion four hundred and sixty nine feet, And Janet Marie Smith, who does a great job at Dodgers Stadium and has been an integral part of the renovations at Dodgers Stadium, I'm sure she'll have a four to sixty nine home plate sign attached to that right field pavilion. And that's a place that everybody can go and check out and remember one of the greatest games ever played by a single player in shoe Aotani in Game four of the NLCS. And look, I'll tell you this, you know, talking to people around the team the night that Otani came out to take batting practice on the field, something that he hasn't done since he joined the Dodgers. His name was on the list and guys were saying, hey, is this right? Are you really hitting on the field, And he was joking on I'm not good at baseball, And the day of Game four, there wasn't an anger about him. Maybe a more focus a more edge because he's pitching. But everybody told me they never sensed anger from Shoho Tani. Never sensed anger before that game, just a lot of focus, the same demeanor. But you have to believe that focus maybe came from so many people doubting him leading up to that game, and he certainly made a statement NLCSMVP And look, he has a flair for the dramatics on the biggest stages, right, whether it's his babbohead night, whether it's you know, the game in Miami where he's three or four or home runs away, or a couple of home runs away, three or four, stolen bases away, fifty to fifty boom in one game, in a dramatic, theatrical way, walk off Grand Slam last year at Dodgers Stadium. He just seems to have a sense for the biggest lights and delivers, and that's what separates the not only great players, but the elite of the elite from the others. And that's show Hao Tani eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Game one of the World Series is on Friday at five o'clock. You will hear it as you have heard every single Dodger game all season long. Right here on A five to seventy LA Sports. I will be live at Rogers Center in Toronto. I'm flying out with the team tomorrow afternoon. I'll be there for Media Day on Thursday. We will have a Dodger Talk show from Media Day in Toronto. So we have you covered wall the wall from six am to eight pm every single night leading through the Dodgers hopefully having another parade, which I fully expect to happen. We're gonna take a time out when we come back more of your phone calls and also Keith Ernandez and Pedro Martinez on Dodger Talk until eight o'clock right here on AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 2: I say with you.
Speaker 3: Until eight o'clock tonight here on AM five seventy LA Sports Dodger Talk. The week of the World Series, the Dodgers headed back to the World Series for the fifth.
Speaker 2: Time in the last nine years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how about that. My son was born in twenty fifteen. The Dodgers have gone to the World Series five times in his lifetime. During my lifetime, before this stretch of time, the Dodgers only went to the World Series twice. And it was far and few between, and and certainly a lot of heartache between nineteen eighty one and nineteen eighty eight, and certainly a long time between nineteen eighty eight and the Dodgers going back to prominence in twenty thirteen. So this, without a doubt, is the greatest time to be alive if you're a Dodger fan. This franchise has never seen anything like this type of sustained success. And Dave Roberts, Mookie Bets, Keik Hernandez, they're all on the verge of winning more rings. Dave Roberts would have you know. Obviously he won the World Series as a player with the four Red Sox, but as a manager, he certainly would put himself and rarefied elite company with guys like Joe Torre, Sparky Anderson, those type of guys. If he wins back to back World Series championships, let's go out to Torrence.
Speaker 2: Ilana. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Hey, BV.
Speaker 5: I'm great. I just wanted to call and tell you exactly where I was for the Freddie Freeman Grand Slam.
Speaker 2: Game one last. I love this.
Speaker 3: This is perfect since we are getting closer to Game one of the World Series, maybe we'll have another hero. But go ahead, Ilana, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: To hear this.
Speaker 5: I know it because you know it's so special. We need to have these moments going into this next series here. But I was honestly at my house on my couch making homemade Dodger dogs with my family and my friends, and it was fricking awesome, and the whole neighborhood was going off. You could hear people honking and screaming outside of their houses. We were, you know, doing a champagne shower, our version of it in our living room. It was incredible and those memories will last a lifetime. My sister and I were fortunate enough to go to the World Series Game six in twenty seventeen. We were at Game two last year, and I'm really hoping to bring some of that energy into this next series and I really hope to go. That's something that we're genuinely looking forward to. And if you need an assistant in the house for I could be.
Speaker 2: Available, Okay, Alana, I'll keep that in mind.
Speaker 3: Thank you for the phone call and great story, and I have enjoyed all of them all year long. Fans calling in letting me know where they were they when they watched Freddie Freeman hit his dramatic heroic Game one walk off Grand Slam in last year's World Series. And who knows who's going to be the hero this year. You know there is going to be a hero that is going to emerge to help one of these teams win the World Series. And look, I'm not gonna say it's the Dodgers of slam Dunk that they're gonna win this, but this team has an incredible focus about themselves. They're not acting like they're lucky to be there. You saw it, and other former players were marveling at the fact after they swept the Brewers in Game four, they lined up for their high five line the way they do after every single one of their wins, and then.
Speaker 2: Celebrated with each other. That's why I believe the Dodgers their experience. The Blue Jays only have George Springer, who has had World Series experience. The Dodgers have so much experience, so much talent, so much starting pitching, that I don't believe the the Blue Jays have enough to keep up with and the Brewers.
Speaker 3: Didn't have enough. They had the best record in the National League. Everybody thought the Phillies were gonna knock off the Dodgers. That did not happen. So what makes anybody believe the Blue Jays, after going in a seven game series, emptying everything, their bullpen, their starting staff, and their emotional guest tank have enough to come back and beat the Dodgers in.
Speaker 2: The World Series. And let's face it.
Speaker 3: Blake Snell set the tone in Game one of the NLDS, and he's set the tone in game one of the NLCS on the road. I'm looking at Blake Snell to set the tone again in Game one of the World Series. And that guy is hungry and he's locked in. Don't get it twisted. This guy came to sign with the Dodgers for this opportunity and he is not going to let it slip away. He is not going to try to perform at his best. And look, nobody feels their best this time of the year. But it's the ones that pushed through that really separate themselves, and Blake Snell is that guy. Let's go out to Arthur in Marina del Rey. You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 1: Hi, Arthur, Hi, David to take my call.
Speaker 10: I've been saying my friends, heeri is one of the best years in baseball forever. You know, at the data and it goes back to this came up, didn't explaining the seasons with the parade, and I just had a good feeling about this year. And it's just amazing because the things that happen, like Chris Shaws this struck out and the celebration of that, and then uh, the the one hitter, which was we were suping a no hitter. Yeah, and it's just been it's.
Speaker 1: Just been a I mean go on and on.
Speaker 10: Then if we talk about well it's happened, on it with this latest round and I say, the best is not is that to come. I just feel something's going on here and I'm just enjoying it. I'm during the season, you know, even to office September, you know, Uh, it's just staying president being Uh. I'm hearing up for the players too from aniversial, but Clayton.
Speaker 2: Especially, nobody wants to go home.
Speaker 3: Arthur, nobody has wanted to go home. They have all wanted to stay and let this ride go to the very end. Dan, I think it would be great, you know, once this season is over. After the Dodgers are done celebrating that, we replay some of those great games and let you enjoy those again, because you're right. It's been a great year. It's been a great last two years, and certainly the Dodgers deserve it. And the Blue Jays they're a team that is very resilient. They started off slow, overtook the Yankees. Everybody thought that was.
Speaker 2: Not real.
Speaker 3: I mean, Michael Ka from the Yankees broadcast was demeaning the Blue Jays because their run differential didn't match up.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I guess it paid off at the end and they had fifty two come from behind victories. So you can't discount the Blue Jays. They're a really good team. I don't believe their lineup is as deep as the Dodgers. There's word that bobashett is going to try to give it a go, but is that going to ruin any sort of chemistry the Blue Jays had. So there's a lot in play here, but I just don't believe. It just comes down to the fact the Dodgers have too much talent up and down their lineup, too much experience, and too much great starting pitching. I mean it's it's historic what the Dodgers are doing starting pitching wise. Hey, key K Hernandez, speaking of history, he his next game, which will be Game one in the postseason, will be his eighty sixth postseason game in a Dodger uniform. So in this World Series, Key K a Hernandez is going to tie Justin Turner in Game one and past Justin Turner for the most games played in the Dodgers' postseason history. That fact was presented to him before Game four the nw CS by Eric Steven and Key.
Speaker 2: K got a lot a little emotional.
Speaker 7: This is not just any franchise man. This this is the La Dodger. They've been around for a long time and they have a lot of history and for guy like me from Puerto Rico kind of swamp swam against the current my entire life, to be sitting in this position is pretty special. But at the same time, I haven't really wanted to reflect too much on it, because There's going to be a time for that once I'm done playing, and I'm gonna have a lot of years to reflect on it.
Speaker 8: But for now, I'm just.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's as cool as that is, and I'm going to take that to the grave with me. I'm just focused on today and it would be cool if my name is up there with the most Dodger World series ever.
Speaker 2: You know, But.
Speaker 7: To be creeping out, creeping up on, you know, one of playing the most playoff games as a dog, something that I never really dreamed of or thought that would happen. So that's something that's pretty special. And I wasn't really aware of it till you just said that. So that's why I'm caught a little off guard.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Yeah, a little emotional for Key k Hernandez. This franchise means a lot to him and the city of La means a lot to him, and I think we see that every time he plays the game and how much emotion he has before, during, and after playoff games. And Game one he'll tie Justin Turner for the most postseason games played in Dodger franchise history, and in Game two he'll pass Justin Turner for the most games played in postseason history. You're likely to see Key Case starting in left field in both of those games. I can't think off the top of my head which lefty, if any, the Blue Jays have in their rotation and you know what I want. It would be phenomenal for Max Scherzer to come back to Dodgers Stadium and start one of those World Series games and the Dodgers win the World Series that game. That's what I would love. You talk about karma. This guy tapped out on his teammates for free agency in game six of the twenty one NLCS. And also George Springer was part of the twenty seventeen Astros and he won the World Series MVP, and look that will never be forgotten.
Speaker 2: In Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Eight six six nine, eight seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Manny in LA. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Manny?
Speaker 1: How you doing?
Speaker 9: Dave?
Speaker 1: First of all, I've been trying so hard to get on. I tried ninety eight times to get.
Speaker 6: On after well, here you are, Manny, here I am, And first all day, really gotta give you, give me your flowers and apologize to you because when you first took over as a Dodging guy, I was like, come on, David.
Speaker 1: Baty, say who's this guy? He doesn't know much, but man, you showed me so much. You're You're bad you're a bad man, Dave.
Speaker 2: Hey, thank you.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 2: I gotta earn it, gotta win you over, Manny, I gotta earn it. That's the way I want it.
Speaker 1: You know what. And you did, you did because I'd rather listen to dodging Dog when you're on against Kates.
Speaker 2: But you know, a lot of a lot of bad handed compliments tonight, Manny.
Speaker 1: Well look, Kate is very row Rod Dodgers, and you sell it to them straight. They they they're horrible. You called them out on it, you know so. And and I was gonna try to justify it. I was there for a game Game three when you called out the fans for being too quiet. Yeah we yeah, yeah, well I was. But it's like this, this is my my attempt at justifying the crickets in the stand. We have to give credit where credit is due, like I just did for you. And that the miss was he took us out. He took out the fans. Did I took out the fans? And Milwaukee did I? We took out the fans out in Philly, you know. And it felt like even the batters. The better is the advants were just quiet and they were just walking up there strit once strike to'll see you later. I'll be back next time until Temmy Edmond came through.
Speaker 2: All right, well it was you got a rally. You got to rally.
Speaker 3: You can't let the miss or anybody else shut you guys down. So hopefully that doesn't happen in the World Series because the Dodgers have spoiled this fan base for the last fourteen years. I don't want us to just sit on our hands and wait for these guys to get to the World Series. To get behind them. Manny, thank you for calling in. Awesome to hear from you. Call back anytime. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Speaking of keeping receipts on Thursday Night show, I have some receipts of during the season when you called in and gave up on this team. But there was one man that believed in the resume and the credibility of these players, and you're listening to them right now. So sorry, I got some receipts that I'm going to bring out on our next off day show the night before Game one of the World Series this Thursday night at seven o'clock before we close it out Game one, starter. Blake's now he's really coming into his own and he's won two cy Young Awards, and people believe there's a lot more in there which is scary, including Hall of Famer Pedro Martinez. Uh.
Speaker 11: It is an honor to be here, back where I I was developed to be uh, to be honest, and UH, where I made my debut. A lot of uh, you know, memories in here, A lot of great memories and one nuts of great which was having to leave the Dodgers. I remember crying like a baby because I didn't know what what I was gonna do. Actually, I was so young. I didn't know what to expect, what the future will hold for me. And but now I'm glad I finally mature and I understand that baseball can also be business as well.
Speaker 3: No doubt, you had a great career, a Hall of Fame career, and you talk about maturity and changing teams and learning how to grow. When you had that postgame interview with Blake Snow the other day, he really appreciated the questions that you had for him and how much growth have you seen in him?
Speaker 11: Well, I'm really impressed with his growth right around us, in front of our eyes, and I wanted to ask him because I see him so elite. It's such a player that it's intriguing to actually get to know Blake Snell. Blake Snell is one of those rare breed of players that you can actually say has everything that you want to see in a picture and then the area that he has for the big moment. I played for eighteen years and in a lot of post season games, but to see a guy that can be so dominant during the postseason.
Speaker 2: He's a rare breed of player.
Speaker 11: He's a rare breed, and I think that's a guy that everybody should should be keeping an eye on to see how everything just comes around for him.
Speaker 3: He has a great change up. He had a great change up. Do you see any similarities on how he uses it? Because he was really excited about the fact that he had three different speeds for his changeup.
Speaker 11: I was the same way, but for some reason for him, it seemed like it came later than it did for me. But the way he's using it now, it's actually scary because.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say this for the first time.
Speaker 11: I still think he's got a space to improve and to become better, which is really really impressive from a guy like Blake Snell. I think Blake Snell still has a little ways to go when it comes to developing everything he has. I think he's gonna have some space to improve even more his location. I think his change up is gonna get even better than it is. I think his fat ball he's gonna learn how to locate better.
Speaker 2: Just carry the thing.
Speaker 11: As good as he is, he still has ways to go when it comes to improving everything is and what he can do.
Speaker 3: All right, there's Pedro Martinez, who obviously knows a thing or two about pitching.
Speaker 2: I believe he's the.
Speaker 3: Best in studio analyst any baseball network has. Pedro Martinez is the best. He's got a great personality, he knows the game, he understands the game, and he's entertaining on top of it. And for him to say that Blake Snell's changeup can be better and his fastball command could be better, I know Blake always feels like there is no ceiling for him. And as good as he's pitched, he could pitch even better. So that just falls in line with what Blake believes about himself. So awesome to catch up with Pedro Martinez, who obviously is one that got away from Dodgers, no doubt about it. That'll do it for us tonight on Dodger Talk. Thanks to Ronnie Fosso for all his help. Thanks to you for listening. In case you missed any of the show, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. Don't Forget. Game one of the World Series is this Friday, five o'clock First Pitch with Rick Monday and Steven Nelson. We will be live from Rogers Center in Toronto and tomorrow morning Scam with Sax and Kate's at six am.
Speaker 2: And our next.
Speaker 3: Dodger Talk show will be on the eve of Game one of the World Series this Thursday night at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: We'll bring you all the.
Speaker 3: Interviews from Media Day the day before Game one of the World Series, so you want to come back for that as well. Have a great rest of your Tuesday. We'll talk to you tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: See you