Speaker 1: It's that time of year when the weather starts changing, like things kind of change a little bit in the outside atmosphere. So if we seem a little staticky, sometimes it's because of that. So that happens. Jump on the iHeartRadio app to pick up any of our stations. You can find Channel nine five to five, one O four point five sn X and ninety two point five Kiss FM all on the iHeartRadio app and put us in a preset. So make sure you preset the stations as well as preset the Mojo in the Morning Show podcast, the More Mojo podcast, and the Mojo We Don't podcast. Put them on a preset so that you can listen to the show wherever and whenever. All right, idiots wherever wherever? Yeah and Yeah, Dan dare all right.
Speaker 2: Mojo in the Morning Show.
Speaker 1: So, uh, yesterday I stopped off to go get some stuff at the store. And it's interesting because I saw a story over the weekend about how grocery stores are getting rid of self checkout, Like they're talking about the reason they're getting rid of this is and this is interesting because you know, you never seem to find anybody working at grocery stores that much anymore. But they're saying that they're getting a lot of theft because people are just leaving because the prices of things are so high. They're just like shoplifting. So they're talking about eliminating as many of the self checkouts, which is wild because I feel like everything got self automated over the last you know, five ten years. So I have a problem. I must look like a thief. And it's funny because I look at myself as a guy that doesn't seem like he would rob things. You look like that, like I look like I think I'm somewhat together. But also I look at thieves sometimes as being people that might.
Speaker 2: Be a little faster than me. I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm going a little faster. I'm a little slow. So I'm doing the self checkout. And when I self check out, I like to to fist the self checkout two hand. It I like to have if I had, like if I have groceries in my cart, I like to grab with two hands, you know, an item in each and I like to swipe, swipe, and then.
Speaker 2: Throw it into whatever the bags that we have there.
Speaker 1: And so I was doing this yesterday and the machine must have detected that I'm doing this, and the machine detected it to a point that they had the woman who was working the self checkout, and then a person that looked like they were actually security for the entire store that came over and they kept talking to me or kept hovering around me. And there's a lot of people at the store at this time, Like there wasn't one of those things where I was the only person in the store. There were a bunch of people that were there. They could have been talking or looking at anybody. So it got me to a point where I felt like they maybe they were trying to finger me and.
Speaker 2: Say that I was.
Speaker 1: None of you guys can get by. It used to be just Kevin nowas Anna too, trying to say that that's a term, a term that is a police officer term.
Speaker 3: At first, you're double fisted at the founder you're getting fingered, So.
Speaker 2: So I I.
Speaker 1: Kind of stopped for a second and I said, I swear to you guys, I'm not going to rob you, and they're like, oh no, no, that's okay.
Speaker 2: They keep on kind of like looking around.
Speaker 1: It got me thinking, who are these people that are shoplifting from the store, And have you ever shoplifted on purpose, like where you actually were robbing, And if you're a shoplifter, would you be willing to call us up? I promise you We're not going to trace your call or turn you in. I'm not going to do any of that because I want to. I want to just see how you're doing it. How do you shoplift and get away with it? What is it that you're stealing and what have you stolen? And how do you do it?
Speaker 4: And I think the self checkout I have never shoplifted. The self checkout does make it easy though if you think about it, We're like you could even do it, not double fisting with one hand and just put two things in and put them in the bag. Did you notice what Target did, like maybe a year ago where they have the cameras.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you which.
Speaker 4: Always makes me feel like I'm a thief even though I'm not, because I want to like really make sure they see me scan everything and put it in. But it like, I see how it is very easy for people to just take a few things here and there.
Speaker 1: Listen, there's a story this morning where home Depot and Lows are under fire.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna do that? In a dirty story.
Speaker 4: I'll do it yet.
Speaker 1: Oh there's so home depot and lows are on a lot of people are upset because they have license plate readers in their cars because they've had so much theft that they're saying, Hey, we don't care about your personal business or you feeling like you're being violated personally. We're having people rip us off and we want to see who's going into each car, and they track your license plates and what are you.
Speaker 2: Taking from home?
Speaker 3: Deep on and lows that you can just take out the store, drywall, toilets, walk out.
Speaker 2: I mean people steal anything from anywhere.
Speaker 3: There was a guy that I knew, I don't know who he was when I was younger, stole a jacket out of a Myers and it was a high time in their life. It was crazy things happening, and they put on like one of those camouflage jackets and just walked right out the store.
Speaker 1: Oh so they actually put the actual jacket they were stealing. You didn't have a tag or anything.
Speaker 2: I guess it didn't.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of those stores. I used to have so many friends in college who worked in retail, and one of my girlfriends worked a girl in our hallway worked at Express, and she was like, they have the things, so it looks like if you walk out, it will make a noise, but they really are never on. So then another girl in our hallway, another one of my friends, went into that same Express one time, went in the dressing room, put a bunch of stuff on underneath her normal clothes and just walks out.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: Crazy, Hannah, tell us about your shoplifting experience.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good.
Speaker 6: Morning, first time caller. So, I personally did not shoplift, but when I was in college, all of my sorority sisters shoplifted like all the time from like walm Art and Target and stuff whenever we would go. And what they would do is they would always like like get two of an item or multiple of items, and it would stack them when you did the self checkout and just scan the ones. So like like pizza boxes or something, they would get like three pizzas, but they would stack them together and just scan the bottom of the one piece.
Speaker 2: But doesn't it waits.
Speaker 4: Oh really, not the scale, but like where the bags are, because it knows if you haven't put something in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're saying this was like before that though, because I know that at like Walmart, like it didn't used to do that. I don't. It's probably because of people.
Speaker 2: Like that, Hannah, stop lying. Everybody stole except for you.
Speaker 7: I swear it was not me.
Speaker 1: Uh initial d on with us right now we're talking about shoplifting.
Speaker 2: What's going on? Hi, guys, what's up?
Speaker 8: So really quickly, I don't do it anymore because I'm a changed person, and you know I'm better than that. But my baby was smaller and he used to sit in front of a car. I used to put stuff behind him. And now that he's a little older, he'll be going to grade school. Now he's like, Mama, you forgot this.
Speaker 6: You forgot this.
Speaker 8: I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: So he does it.
Speaker 1: You're saying, no, she doesn't, come on, No, he's holding her accomments.
Speaker 8: She was okay, understood, Hey mama, you have this behind.
Speaker 1: Me in d were you what were you stealing? What were you what were some of the things?
Speaker 8: You know, listen so hard. It's like the six dollars carry gold butter or just yeah, you know, just the random stuff.
Speaker 1: It's not honestly, I got to tell you, like I I'm not going to pass judgment. I said I wasn't gonna pas judgement, but I will definitely not pass judgment if I see a mom stealing formula or stealing medical stuff like like, I don't obviously, I don't want to see that happen. I'd almost rather you say, hey, I don't have the money because there's somebody that can help me with this one. But that'd be embarrassing, you know, for many to do. But I ain't gonna lie. You go, girl, I don't know if you if you're stealing something, but I I know that it sounds bad to do this, but uh to say.
Speaker 2: What what you're doing?
Speaker 3: But if you got kids and you can't afford it and d ain't change her son just got older.
Speaker 1: Now she's stealing bigger things too old? Eat Tiffany, what did what did you steal?
Speaker 7: Diapers?
Speaker 5: And food?
Speaker 7: Because food is so expensive. I go to my er with my niece all the time. I mean, I'm buying stuff. I buy a lot of stuff, but it's just so easy to do it. And my niece always puts the diapers on the bottom of the cart. They don't even say anything to her.
Speaker 4: Wow, oh like underneath h what about the food though the cart?
Speaker 9: I thought I heard, like, steal a certain amount of money before they actually come after you.
Speaker 1: Stores know that before they press charges, they'll stop you, but they'll bang you from the store.
Speaker 2: How would you steal food?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Uh, it's it's so easy. Like you can scan one pack and like okay, let's say taco shells. You put them together, scan one and you got like two. You know what I'm saying, Scan one, buy one. I do.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I get nervous though, but my knee. She has no shame in her game. Man. She has twin boys and it's hard for her to work. She has no one to watch the kids, so she has to go in there and steal diapers and food for them sometimes.
Speaker 1: And it makes me so sad. It makes me really really sad.
Speaker 7: I know it is. And like sometimes I you know, I'll if we have money, we buy them. But if you don't have money, what are you gonna do? You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Kay on with us this morning. God, this is a depressing topic here. Look at all these people for stealing. Although I am taking notes.
Speaker 2: What's going on? Kay? How you doing?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 3: I'm good?
Speaker 4: Oh first time, long time?
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Talking about shoplifting is brought out the first time longtimers.
Speaker 7: So I shoplifted for.
Speaker 5: Three bags of chicken to juices.
Speaker 9: It was kind of easy because I already like bought things from it, and so like I just walked back through the aisle and.
Speaker 7: Like just massed the tips up and like shove them in my bag. And I think you caught you this all.
Speaker 5: I walked out a free woman.
Speaker 1: Now you should go to jail. You don't need those chips. You know where the chips go. Chips go to your hips. Yeah, oh you don't need them.
Speaker 5: I'm having it.
Speaker 2: I'm having I'm having you arrested. O. Kay.
Speaker 1: Police are on their way over to your house right now. Hold on a second, here's somebody that you know. I can't. I can't condone what you're doing, Ashley. This is crazy. What did you and your your man steal?
Speaker 9: We stilled a washer from home Deeple. She would we would look in like the garbage cans at home Deeple or like Walmart wherever, whichever we see tag cash receipts. So the washer was like four hundred dollars. So we even had the guy take it down off of the like thing.
Speaker 5: And put it on to like rack for us.
Speaker 9: And when I went right.
Speaker 7: To check out, and we got our cash back.
Speaker 5: We returned it.
Speaker 1: She would take seats out of the garbage that people would just leave and then go in and return.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: How much how much do you think you've gotten over time doing this?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 9: I don't even know.
Speaker 5: A lot.
Speaker 9: Well, I was, that was in my addiction. I've been cleaning for two years and I don't know anymore.
Speaker 7: Heroin and math.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, hey two years sober, baby, I love it. Congratulations, No, thank you.
Speaker 1: You want to hear a guy that's like a total crime ring here, Jimmy on the phone with us.
Speaker 4: Right now, Jimmy, Jimmy Jack and.
Speaker 1: Jimmy Jimmy calls himself a professional shoplifter.
Speaker 2: And what would you do?
Speaker 5: Well? I had several ways of you know, finding uh a way to make money, and one way was to counterfeit bar codes. So I would actually purchase an item that had even the name of the like at Walmart. You see them standing around there. Actually they can see what you're purchasing and the prices. But I would actually buy like a Queeze in art or a Ninja blender that's three hundred dollars for thirty dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh, you just bar code before you scan it.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, And that's one way. That's one way. And then you can, like sleight of hand, you can actually blue a barcode to your palm and when you're swiping, when you're swiping, you're not swiping the item, you're just swipe in your hand with a barcode.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Yes, So the barcode.
Speaker 4: Would be for like a three dollars item, but you're getting all these big.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't go that crazy because then they would be like, wait a minute, you know we don't have uh something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jimmy, I'm gonna get you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get you. Like when's the last time you did this, Jimmy.
Speaker 5: Oh long time ago. I mean I watched the movie. I watched the movie To Live and Die in l A. And I'm like, that's me. I'm a that's I'm that's me right there. I'm gonna figure out how to be a counterfeitter. And I even took trade school. I was a turn five graphic artists and off that printer. I worked in the printing shop. I caught what you got?
Speaker 2: How'd you get caught.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I was making money that was nowhere close to being a finished product. And you know, and what do you do now? I mean, oh, I have my own business now, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what would you do if somebody stole from you and your business?
Speaker 2: Jimmy question?
Speaker 7: Why you know what?
Speaker 5: I look at places like Walmart and Myer. They they're ripping us up anyway.
Speaker 1: So Jimmy, Uh, Jimmy, Jammy, Jimmy, ever.
Speaker 5: Ever contemplate like breaking into somebody's house or something that's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are robin Hood. You're the robin Hood. You steal from the and you give it to the poor, and it's Jimmy.
Speaker 2: That's the poor.
Speaker 1: Uh all right, Jimmy, taking take care yourself.
Speaker 2: I feel dirty even doing that topic
Speaker 4: That one even see that it's real.