Speaker 1: This is the Bloomberg Moneymnet on seven hundred Wlwhy.
Speaker 2: We say good morning once more to genis Ervetti from the Bloomberg newsroom in New York City, Gina. A major merger announced today involving consumer products.
Speaker 3: That's right, it's not Procter and Gamble, but a competitor. Kimberly Clark has agreed to buy tailan all maker ken View, and a cash and stock deal that values the consumer health company at about forty billion dollars. Kimberly Clark shareholders would own about fifty four percent of the combined entity. Kenview shareholders are getting the rest. Kenview's portfolio also includes new Trigina and band Aid, but it's struggled since it was spun off from Johnson and Johnson. With this acquisition, though, kimberly Clark would become the second largest consumer products maker behind Procter and Gamble. However, the deal here with Kenview could be complicated because of something we've talked about here, the Trump Administration's attax on thailanol, which is Kenview's biggest product.
Speaker 2: While a cybersecurity firm says hackers are infiltrating logistics firms to steal their goods.
Speaker 3: Yes, hackers are infiltrating trucking and freight companies in a scheme to steal and then sell those cargo shipments. The cybersecurity company proof Point says it believes hackers are working with organized crime to pull off these thefts. The stolen items are likely sold online or shipped overseas. The National Insurance Crime Bureau TOM says cargo theft losses rose by twenty seven percent last year. They're expected to continue to go up, and the bureau estimates that cargo theft amounts to thirty five billion in losses every year.
Speaker 4: And the futures this morning, genis Cervetti.
Speaker 3: While they're mostly higher, the Dow futures have taken a bit of a dip here. They're down sixty two points, not too bad. SMP futures up fourteen. Nasdaq futures are up one hundred and thirty five from Bloomberg. Genas Cervetti on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: All right, it is eight ten, straight up, and we do it the morning after and that's what we call it. The morning after the morning after the Bengals play. And kind enough to join us each and every week former Bengal great Tim McGee. Tim, you and I were texting yesterday during the game. In all your years of football, have you seen anything like the last five minutes of that game yesterday?
Speaker 5: Unfortunately I have not, And when we were at texting yesterday, I just kept noticing the tears falling on my cell phone as I was as the excruciating pain of watching them lose in another just absolutely embarrassing, humiliating way that again, never seen in all my years of watching football, and it's been over thirty years, so it's very disappointing.
Speaker 2: All right, So Tim, the natural question is, you know, what do you do next? You're not going to be able to overhaul and let's start with a defense. You're not going to be able to overhaul the players between now and the next game after next weekend, off the bye week. What in the world is Zach Taylor and Al Golden? What are they supposed to do?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 5: I tell you what they are in like the worst case scenario that there possibly can be. You're in the middle of the season and you don't want to per se, give up, you don't want to just pack it in. But if they're looking at things in a realistic manner. They must try to weed out the players that they feel or are going to be a part of the future, especially on the defensive side. Who can play in this scheme. You're trying different combinations or they're trying different combinations, and obviously nothing is working. So you've tried to outscore the opponent by scoring forty plus points and you're still losing. You're losing every way possible. So you know, when you go back or the coach just go back into that lab on Monday morning, it's really difficult because typically you say, okay, you know, there's four or five plays here. If we just move this guy here, if we just do this, that could be a potential remedy for the problems we're having. They just have so many holes in the boat that I just don't know if they're going to be able to say afloat. It's just going to be tough because next time is the morale of the team, and you can tell when they're walking to that locker room. Brother, they ain't no sugarcoat nets. The players are down.
Speaker 2: You know when and you were an offensive star, wide receiver return man, you know when you walk off the field you're very frustrated. The powers that be try to give you a ten or a fifteen minute just cooling off period for lack of a better term, before the media is allowed in the locker room.
Speaker 4: After a game.
Speaker 2: Do you ever recall you sitting there and seeing, you know what, I'm tired of this stuff, and it's time for me to say something about it. Because I was stunned by some of the comments made by Chase Brown, who normally you know, very upbeat, positive guy, likable guy, and then some of the comments by Jamar Chase I mean, or lack thereof from Jamar Chase. Have you ever been in that situation or been around guys where you're walking back to the locker room after a game and you're going, man, I'm unloading today.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Oh, there's no question about it. And here's the toughest part about it is, typically it's an offensive versus defensive thing. You get so frustrated, and you know, back in my day that our offense did carry our team. There was no question about that. But you know, obviously the defense did step up from time to time. But when you have these and it's not just one game, it's a whole season, it's a season that they are experiencing. Now, yes, you do sit there as a human being, going, man, I can't take this no more. You start having thoughts, I'm calling my agent, I'm getting out of here. I want out. How can we get this together because you've already had them stupid team meetings to closed door meeting where you scream at each other. You try this and you realize, you realize only one thing is going to fix this, and this is talent, and we don't have the talent. Yes, I love my buddies, Johnny, Bobby and Tommy. I love them, They're my buddies. I hang out with them. But guess what, they're not getting it done. And we're over here busting our butts off to score forty points and all we're doing is looking at the track meet where we can. By the time we sit down and have a drink a gatorade, we're back on the field because the other team that scored. So yes, it's but it's human nature. It's human nature, and neither are some of the most competitive people you can ever be around. So it's to be expected.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: We talked about how we both agree that uh Lou and Roumo was made basically to be the scapegoat for this franchise, and what happened on defense last year they run him out of town. We know he's done a great job in Indiana. I know they lost yesterday, but he's done a great job up there. And Al Golden comes in. But you have the players that you have, you know the and o's of this sport as well as anybody out there. I mean, is there really anything at the end of the day. Is Al Golden taking a beating and there's nothing he can do about it?
Speaker 5: Yes, he's taken a beating and there's absolutely nothing he can do about I don't care what type of scheme or stematics or philosophies you have. As a coordinator, you are just putting the pieces into places. Now it takes a it's another level to go out and execute and execute, in this case being the Bengals defense. You gotta tackle, you gotta tackle, you gotta tackle, you gotta tackle. You got to prevent big chunk plays and then that's just not happened. So when you look at Al Golden, which I think his name is going to be Al Brond, and he's heading in the wrong directions. But when you look at him, you're looking at a guy that's going to you have to blame someone. You got to get the fans to red meat, and the red meat is going to be Al Golton. Oh, it's his defense. Well, how about the players. But here's the problem. There are no one that's sitting on the streets right now that used to be or aspiring to be an NFL defensive player that can.
Speaker 4: Help the Bengals.
Speaker 5: The only people that can help themselves is the people in that locker room. And there is just no zero substitution for talent and they do not have the talent. And Tom when you look at them, you got like the Jacksons, They're they're like the Jacksons. Do you got Trey Henderson being Michael? And then you got this group of guys that you know, they don't know if they can carry themselves. And that's that's just the reality. You have to face reality. Don't be delusional because you're emotionally attached to a football team and it's your it's your local team. You love them to death, But just huge reality and resett your thinking.
Speaker 2: Look, I have not been the number one fan of Zach Taylor through the years and and that's neither here nor there. But I do feel for him in this situation and that he is the only guy as far as quote unquote may management is concerned, that is stepping forward and having to answer these questions every day to the media. I'll have a press conference again today every game after the game, and it was just it was it was painful watching him try to answer those questions after the game yesterday. Now, the Bengals have made it policy for a long long time that the owner or Duke Tobin in this case, will not do interviews during the season. In that locker room. It doesn't matter what I think, it doesn't matter what you think. But as a player in that locker room, what it means something for Duke Tobin to step up there and address some of these questions from the press.
Speaker 5: No, and here's the reason Tom. Players don't want to be gas like it anymore. You get that that BF speech. You know, the coach comes in every time and it gives you this. You know five minutes or things are going to be okay. And at some point time and they're far beyond that. Now, Well, words doesn't matter. We're looking at actions. We're looking at the results ultimately. Like I said, Tom, You've got fifty three of the most competitive human beings on the face of the earth. They're not going to settle for faith time and talk time. They want wins. And when you look at like I said, you look at Jamar Chase and Joe Flacco and T Higgins walking to the locker room, man, I mean, it just looks so depressing. So I don't think management can do anything at this point in time. The only people that can really have an effect are the people that's inside that locker room. And that's just not good news for the fan base.
Speaker 2: You know, Look, you played wide receiver extraordinarily. Well do you find yourself sometimes marveling at some of the plays that these two wide receivers, especially on the Bengals make. I mean, I watched T Higgins yesterday. I still cannot believe both of his touchdowns.
Speaker 5: Oh you know, it's funny you said that, Tom, And that's such an excellent question because I look at that and I marvel at their athleticisms, their attitude, their approach, their competitiveness. You know, every ball they're competing for the ball A fifty fifty ball, if not fifty fifty with them, you know, it's probably eighty twenty in their favor and just to watch them. But this is what I'm this, This is exactly what I'm saying. This is what we knew we were going to have at the beginning of the season. We knew to have a show of entertainers Jamar Chase, Joe Burrow, and t Higgins, and we knew this. We knew Trey Hendrickson will come around in make some tackles. But we also didn't think they had a complete football team. We did not think, unless you was delusional, that this is the team that can compete on the offensive side and the defensive side. They're built to outscore. And guess what we never thought outscore. It was mean they need to score sixty points while giving up fifty points. Well, I don't think any of us was really going down that road.
Speaker 2: You know, before I let you go, you know, look, you had to retire. You know, you sat down with your wife and you guys talked about all the dings and the major hits and so forth and your overall future health, and you made that decision. Joe Flacco, I gotta tell you, man, I've always thought the guy was really good. But when you get to be forty, you wonder can they keep going? This guy man has been unbelievable.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you one thing, Tom Joe Flacco, he reminds me of my last two years in the NFL. I was just basically a guy that I might wanted me to pretty much coach Carl Pickens and Darnay Scott and just mentor those guys be a part of it. You were still on the roster. But I remember Carl Pickens just like Joe Flacco. Joe Burrow gets hurt, Carl Pickens gets hurt. I gotta go into the game. In my ninth year, I got to play against the Cleveland Brown They end up having one hundred yards a touchdown, and I'll never forget it. Like I came to the sideline, pick you got to get your ass healthy because I'm not doing this. So yeah, Flak always enjoying it. But right now he's ready for his clipboard. Probably play about the three or four years and play a couple of snaps in preseason, grab some checks and go off into the sunset and live his life in the Bahamas with his beautiful family.
Speaker 4: Good for him. Tim.
Speaker 2: We thank you for your time and your expertise every single Monday after or morning after, my friend, I have a great rest of your day and a good weekend.
Speaker 5: Appreciate for having me as always.
Speaker 2: Already Tim McGee, former Bengals standout. He just lays it out there. I mean he and I were texting during the game yesterday, you know, I mean we knew this going into the year. Maybe not what happened yesterday, but we knew this going into the year. When you spend all your money on offense, this is what you're going to get. All right, Let's check the roadways. It's been a very very busy Monday morning, Chuck Ingram, how are we doing now?
Speaker 1: Things starting to get a little bit better in spots, especially on the Double A. I started to see traffic moving again after the investigation from the early morning wreck near Kentucky seven oh nine and outside of Alexandria. This from the UC Health Traffic Center. LA Lung Cancer Rapid Access Program at the UC Cancer Center is built to give you a k care plan fast meet with a specialist in two days called five one, three, five eight five. UCCC CRUSE continue to work with a wreck in Claremont County. That's westbound on thirty two before you get the bock Buxton. That traffic backing up well passed all the brand Stoneway. The latest is on westbound two seventy five near Ward's Quarter. That's keeping traffic a bit slow out of Milford. And there's a wreck eastbound on one nine before you get the Sunday traffic heavy From seven forty seven Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred wlw RWCPO.
Speaker 2: Nine for Warning four cast percented by Jennifer ketch Mark.
Speaker 4: It is a gorgeous morning out.
Speaker 2: There's still a little cool forty three degrees, but we're getting up to fifty nine under sunny skies today. Tonight chilli down to thirty five. Tomorrow's sunny again. I have sixty Tomorrow night clear, dry, low forty four and then Wednesday, man, it's gonna be really nice, but we better enjoy it. Wednesday's going to be sunny, close to seventy and we're talking about rain starting over the weekend. I know we're a number of days away. We'll worry about that. Then let's enjoy the sunshine. Now coming up at eight thirty eight, Marty Brenneman to talk about Bob Trumpy, the late Bob Trumpy. They were having lunch together regularly as recently as just a couple of weeks ago. A twenty three seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: This report is sponsored by ramn Money.
Speaker 3: Money.
Speaker 4: Money is making money a good thing. You better believe it.
Speaker 2: This is the boom Bird money that's on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: This is a Bloomberg Money minute from Kleenex to tilan All. Kimberly Clark inking a deal this morning to buy Kenview for roughly forty billion dollars. Beyond til and All, Kenview's portfolio includes listing mouthwash, Benadryl, allergy medicine, and band aids. Kimberly Clark is a maker of Kleenex tissues, Huggies diapers, and Scott Paper towels. Kenview has struggled since it was spun off from Johnson and Johnson two years ago. Checking on Your Money.
Speaker 7: Earnings from a number of tech heavyweights last week, including Amazon and Apple, making investors optimistic over artificial intelligence. SMP futures are heading for a higher open since the market meltdown in April. The SMP five hundred has soared almost forty percent, and one by one, companies have been cutting workers and job cuts from Amazon to Ups and Target are flashing red flags for the labor market. There have been almost nine hundred and fifty thousand job cuts in the US this year through September, according to Challenger Gray and Christmas Courtney Donahoe Bloomberg Radio.
Speaker 2: Alrighty eight fifty eight forty one seven hundred WLW Welcome to the Morning show. Excuse me, you got a little uh down the wrong hatch with a glass of water. Water's finally turned back on in this building. We do it every Monday, Mondays with Marty, the Hall of Famer Marty Brewman An Unfortunately, Dad, good morning today, and you learned over the weekend. We learned yesterday about the passing of your very good friend Bob Trumpy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a sad deal. Tommy's he's had a tough in the last year or so, maybe longer than that, with his health, and it's been a multitude of things. And we had developed a habit, a good habit over the last two years or so where he and Kenny Fouts and then Chance and we'd get together periodically and have ones together and we could tell that things were not well with Bob. But still I was stunned that I got to work yesterday. Dave Armberwster you had called me, text me and said that he had died yesterday morning or over the night, you knowing, Well, he was a great guy. He was an incredibly talented guy. I mean, for my money, he's a guy that really brought sports talk radio to the forefront at seven hundred WLW, and then after a fine career as a tight end of one of the original Bengals, uh, you know, he got hooked on with in television ultimately rose to the top really because at the time he and Dick Enburgh were the number one crew in NFL football for a number of years, and Kenny Fouts, you know, was a tremendous director of telecast and started at Channel five and went on to the net work. It was there number one guy forever. And so it was a nice group of people that got together and told stories, and I just had the greatest respect for him as a person and also is a talent.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: I'm curious.
Speaker 2: There's an article today you may not have seen it in the New York Times about Bob Trumpy, and I don't know if you ever had a chance to talk to him when you guys were having lunch or whatever the case may be about. You know, this article pointed out the best call that Bob Trump he ever made was the call that some remember, some may not, where a woman called in her husband had been drinking, had been regularly beating her, and she was contemplating committing suicide, and he kept her on the line for two and a half hours until authorities. And remember now, it's a very different time that we live in now, where it's a little bit easier to be able to find somebody. Not easy, but easy. Err then, back then, did you ever have a chance to talk to him about that call at all?
Speaker 6: We never, amazingly we never did. But now that you're bringing out that was when he was at w LW radio. Yeah, when that happened, I remember it now, I'd forgotten about it. No, we never talked about it, but it was an incredibly great thing that he did. That Obviously, either people for good like I did, or people were never aware of what he did to basically save a person's life. I don't care who you are, you can keep a desperate person on the phone for two hours until help can come to take her off. That that suicide desire is an incredible thing that was. He was that kind of guy. You know, he was a tough guy. He gave that impression at times. He was an imposing guy physically, but he was just a good guy, you know.
Speaker 2: Dad one thing that he did and look, he had a lot of back, but he also had a lot of detractors.
Speaker 4: He really went to bat for Pete Rose.
Speaker 6: Well you know what, Tom, he not only went to bat for Pete Rose, he went to bat for Greg Cook that people don't even are not even aware of. I know that that the Bengals were wonderful in what they did to try and lift Greg Cook out of the demons that he had to deal with until he passed away. But Bob was instrumental in making that connection between the Bengals and the desperate situation that Greg Cook was in. And he was the type of guy that never you know, he never found his own chest and said look what I did, But he did and Pete was the same way he took at the time, in the eyes of many people, a very popular stance as far as Pete was concerned, and he never wavered from it. He never, ever, one time gave any oppression to anyone that maybe I'd better rethink this thing. He did. He went to bat singularly as singularly in the sense that he never backed off of what he felt was the right thing to do as far as Rose was concerned. Despite all the people saying that the guy would be thrown out.
Speaker 4: For all time, you know, I'm not so sure.
Speaker 2: When it comes to his television work, I'm not so sure, and many have said that this is true. From his playing days, Paul Grown used to say this that Paul Brown thought Bob Trumpy was as good an athlete as any wide receiver there was out there, so that Bob Trumpy actually became the first tight end in the history of professional football that did not line up every play right next to the tackle, either left tackle or right tackle. Paul Brown would move him in the slot to become more of a target in the passing game. I'm not so sure that he wasn't maybe the number one pioneer. Everybody talks about John Madden, who was off the charts, unbelievable, no debate about it. I'm not so sure that Trump, He wasn't the first guy on television as an analyst that actually became critical of coaches, players, situations where a lot of other guys dad you know, you know, that wasn't the deal back then, and it's certainly not the deal now.
Speaker 6: Well it is. But also and I think you may exactly you maybe one hundred percent correct, but the thing was, as you well know, and it is truly and it's true today as it was then. Although you're right about the frankness and the candidates of former athletes in a particular sport that had the chance to go and do TV or radio or whatever the case might be. But a lot of these guys also are very, very reluctant to do it because they are fresh off the field. They still are close to a lot of guys that are putting the uniform on and going out and playing every day or every weekend, whatever the case might be. Bob was never like that. Bob was able to walk away from the field, get involved in broadcasting and never be afraid to offer up criticism if criticism were warranted. As you well know, there are guys today that gets started that they have to they have to gradually evolve into the kind of analyst that Trump he was and John Madden was. But he never had that problem. He went right to it, and ninety nine point nine percent of the time the criticism that he offered up on radio or television was warranted. You're right, he may well have been the pioneered despite the fact he gets no credit for it.
Speaker 2: Yep, all right, let's shift gears to better things. College basketball. You're a big fan starts up in Earnest tonight.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I know you're going to be because you run without high faluting crowd. I know you're going to be down there in Chapel Hill. You're alma mater for Carolina v. Kansas. That is a big time game Friday night.
Speaker 6: That's correct. I mean it's big when you got Dan Shulman and Jay bell Is.
Speaker 4: Doing the game, and they're doing it.
Speaker 6: And I'm kind of looking forward. I mean, I'm in Carolina right now. So a buddy of mine here in Salisbury and I are going to drive Chapel Hill and we're going to go early because I get a chance to see my good friend Bill self, who I met and developed a decent relationship with a few years ago, and We're going to go out to their shoot around on Friday afternoon at the Dean Smith Center and sit down and shoot the breeze with Bill Sealth, even though Bill knows exactly where I went to school with and where I went to school and where my loyalties will lie Friday night. But it should be an interesting game. I mean, both teams are ranked in the top twenty five. Self has developed an incredible program at Kansas, so I'm looking.
Speaker 4: Forward to it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll be right down the street from you, except I'll be hanging out now with Bill Self. I'm going to be hanging out with Bill Belichick's. He's got that thing rolling in the right direction. After a very impressive performance on Friday night, Well yeah, I won't.
Speaker 6: Argue that at all. I mean, especially to do it. But they did it on the road, didn't They at Syracuse and rolled up a tremendous number of yardage both on the ground and in the air to beat Syracuse, who certainly will not be accused of being a threat to be in the college football playoffs. But a win's a win. I mean, They've had an interesting year, both positively and negatively. More negatively than the other of it. You know, he's also recorded. He's rated right now number fifteen among recruiting classes for two thousand and twenty six. Yep, Yeah, he signed thirty thirty nine players so far. I'm sure he'll add other players through the portal. But these are high school kids, some of whom have flipped from another school that they had formerly committed to Carolina. So we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm telling you, there are going to be a lot of people this time. Maybe not next year, but the year after that might be. Next year, there's gonna be a lot of people out there that were looking to stomp on his grave, and I truly believe that they're going to eat their words on that.
Speaker 6: We'll see, well, if it happens, if if it happens in twenty seven, I don't even think Bill Belichick will be.
Speaker 4: There, Okay, So we'll find what. We'll find out. All right, We'll.
Speaker 2: Have a great time over there at Chapel Hill and we'll catch up.
Speaker 4: I'll see you this weekend. I'll look forward to it, Yeah, very much, look forward to it.
Speaker 2: I'll be down there broadcasting the football game for North Carolina and my dad the basketball game. So I'll see you hopefully fro of course, you know he's a big leaguer, he's got tickets. I'll be watching my hotel room about a mile away from a Dean dome on.
Speaker 6: Uh we call you boy, Steve Kersery he gets you in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I doubt it.
Speaker 6: I doubt I don't think so, I think he would.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll have a good I love you too, hey, fellas. Now look I talk about this all the time. Testosterone right in that starting in our thirties, this is a medical fact. We lose two to three percent of our testosterone production every single year. So you might be think a big deal, right, Well, you know what is a big deal because it causes a lot of problems. If you have low testosterone, you don't sleep very well, workouts aren't the same energy, not quite what it used to be, a brain fog.
Speaker 4: And you say, oh, I'm getting older.
Speaker 2: Well, look, maybe you're right, we are getting older, but maybe improving your testosterone level might change some of these things I'm talking about. Just go to tri statemenshealth dot com log on, book an appointment, go in, donate a little blood. They run a testosterone test PSA test. They give it the results you said. Now with a licensed medical provider, talk about what your options might be, and the cost is only ninety nine bucks unless you sign up for testosterone treatment the day of your appointment. If you do, your visit's free. Tri State Men's Health has six locations Cincinnati, Dayton, two in Columbus, Hillyard, Musterville, Louisville, and northern Kentucky. Call them today at one eight hundred, nine hundred nine and sixty five four, or visit Tri Statemen's Health dot com. All right, let's check the roadways. It's been a crazy morning, Chuck Ingram. What's happening right now, my friend?
Speaker 1: It certainly has and still things going strong. This from the UC Health Traffic Center. The Lung Cancer Rapid Access Program at the UC Cancer Center is built to give you a care plan fast meet with a specialist in two days called five, one, three, five eight five. UCCC lanes remain locked on the Double A Highway outside of Alexandria near Kentucky seven oh nine due to an early morning accident. Now investigation cruise are working with an accident in the left lane that's westbound two seventy five. Before you got the Taylor Mill backing traffic towards the double A. There's a new Rex southbound seventy five at Shepherd left Hands. That adds to what was already moving slow through Lachland westbound thirty two. An accident before you got the bock Buxton in the cleanup stages, Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Eight fifty five Sloany is coming up next. Look, I talk about it all the time. Open your home, open your hearts to a shelter pet, especially a senior shelter pet. This is Senior Shelter Pet Month. As we roll into November, I promise you one thing. Can't promise everything, but I can promise this your love and your family. You will have more love in it. Thanks to Liam Tomlinson, our producer. I'm Tom Brennan. This is a seven hundred WLW Cincinnati