Speaker 1: Tuesday, April seventh, at twenty twenty six wats to get you today? From big News, Bigger Drama to Kanye West who's banned from a UK music festival, an amazing updates as NASA rounds the Moon, plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text Sam Moore, Hey there Sabrina. Hello, Hello Seeland once a hello to you. You can join us on this show today. All you have to do and it says to excuse me, send us a dispatch. Go to the Newsjunkie dot com hit record on your first dispatch today. You can also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv. Slash the News Junkie. Your message is rolling right at the studio in real time, and it is friends A Share the Show Tuesday. This is what you tell somebody about the News Junkie radio show, the station you listen to it on on all that good stuff. Just spread the word on his share of the show Tuesday. How's everybody doing on a Tuesday?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: Pretty good?
Speaker 3: Pretty good?
Speaker 1: How are you.
Speaker 4: Looks nasty today? It's a little gross.
Speaker 1: It's nasty out there. It's like the world is angry and I understand it. I get it, and we'll get into some stuff about what's going on with the contract countdown and all that weird stuff momentarily here. But yeah, I mean I also fear after what happened last week on this show, where some bad weather came through and I lost power in my studio. I'm that happening today. They said winds are kicking off.
Speaker 3: Day tomorrow or the following day is supposed to be very nasty.
Speaker 1: I think they said five inches of rain, you know what I mean. So this is no small feet that's going on here, gusty winds. So I don't even know. I didn't know I was gonna be here this morning, and now I don't know if I'll make it through this morning. So we'll see what happens today on the show. Right now, let's put our ears the ground, our fingers in the posse. Let's see what's happened to this great, big, wide world of ours. We go to my favorite thing currently and it's it's something that aired in in a few choice movie theaters as a promotion, and well, i'll just play it for you. Here is Mario. I'll put that in quotes. Here's Mario. He wants to talk to you about the new Mario Galaxy movie Old Mario.
Speaker 5: Oh, come on to Pocono Cinema in Estrosburg seven thirteen to see the New Mario film.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is a nightmare.
Speaker 1: I have to stop my man there because one thing is you held down the Mario accent for like thirty seconds.
Speaker 6: My god, I.
Speaker 1: Forgot the He's like, hey, it's a medium Mario. And what I gotta tell you is make sure you come to the you know, the Frosstown movie Theater. WHOA, Okay, jeez, man, he really ditch it there. But he's got just so you know, he's got the Mario stash on. He's got the little red Mario hat and a full Mario suit, the.
Speaker 3: Gloves, the buttons, the face.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be hard for you to tell that all this is going on because he doesn't sound like Mario after the first three seconds of this split weirdly close to the camera too, huh.
Speaker 5: You come over the night to Cocono Cinema Introsburg seven thirty to see the New Madrio film.
Speaker 1: Many Mario.
Speaker 7: Come, we have ice cream, hot dog, pizza, ice cream.
Speaker 5: You already said that, milkshakes.
Speaker 1: And Mario's gone person in the background you're fired, all right. Person in the background, he just said ice cream. Mario just said that five seconds ago.
Speaker 3: We have ice cream and milkshakes and popcorn, diet coke and ice cream.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The guy in the background goes ice cream, say ice cream, Like, come on, man, are you paying any attention to what this guy he just said ice cream?
Speaker 7: Come we have ice cream, hot dog, pizza, ice cream, milkshakes, everything. You come over and we have a good time.
Speaker 4: We take a picture.
Speaker 1: There you go, get on over. Everybody, kids to cry. You have a good time, We take a picture. This seems like the bluey thing waiting to happen all over again.
Speaker 3: Right here, ry Mario. But there you have it, little kid.
Speaker 4: So little kid's gonna arrive at this and be.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god, here's the deal, this deal. That's not Mario? Why is he? Why is he a fat jersey guy? What the hell is happening here? That is a a an advertisement for a movie theater playing Mario Galaxy that was making the rounds, And this gentleman just wants you to come by and.
Speaker 4: My tea, is that movie out?
Speaker 8: Then?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mario Galaxy number one at the box office. Seland I'm glad you asked. Yeah, number one at the box office. I got a review on it from a little kid. I didn't just randomly ask little kids.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 1: It was an Easter thing where we were doing the Easter family get together thing over at Courtney's house. And as I was there, her little nephew is like, he's got Mario place. No no, uh. Well, as I as I get there, her little nephew is where he's rocking Mario everything, and I go, oh, did you see the Mario Galaxy movie? And he said I did. I did, And I said what did you think? And he goes, it was amazing. So go see the Mario Galaxy movie, I guess if you're into that stuff, But.
Speaker 3: Also show him the video we just watched. I would love his opinion on that as well.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's gonna like that, yeah, Kerry Mario, I don't know if he's going to be a big fan of that necessarily. Well, all have fun.
Speaker 4: We'll take a picture, right.
Speaker 1: I did have a backup clip that I just want to run down the lane if you don't mind, all right, because it has been keeping me sane for the last twenty four hours. It's one of the most viral things of the last couple of days. Before we clear the deck on some Easter stuff and I'll tell you what's been going on and why I wasn't here yesterday and all that stuff. But my favorite clip going right now. Have you seen the one that everybody's passing around twenty eight million views on this and the title of it is telling everyone how impressive my first gay orgy was.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you guys have seen this yet.
Speaker 1: No, okay, you could see that because you guys have me on monitors over there. You could see who's you know, the person speaking in this clip, and it's Trump and it's Trump and they said, this is somebody's title of it, not mine, telling everyone how impressive my first gay bareback orgy was. And you're going to see why this is going megaviral here listening.
Speaker 10: I mean, so fast and so hard and these guys knew exactly what but let's go, come on, get in, let's go, Pola. They came one right after another, not at the same time.
Speaker 1: They don't want to come at the same time.
Speaker 4: They had to come right after each other. They didn't have any room.
Speaker 1: They didn't have any rooms.
Speaker 3: A context is only context because it now fits perfectly with my first gay orgy.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 1: The context I think is Iran. I think it was like an Iran rescue story or something. But it does sound a little stream and.
Speaker 10: So fast and so hard, and these guys knew exactly what Let's go, come on, get in, let's go poa woah. Came one right after another, not at the same time. They don't want to come at the same time. They had to come right after each other. They didn't have any room.
Speaker 1: They didn't have any room, no room at all. Twenty eight million views on the secondary backup clip. And I hope everybody had a great Easter. I hope your Easter was enjoyable. I know mine was. I had a glorious time with the family. It was really, really a nice thing. I think I did a little bit too much. I was down about like five pounds or so, and then I made the mistake of getting on the scale this morning after all the Easter stuff, and I go, oh.
Speaker 4: My god, oh, oh my god.
Speaker 1: And now I think I'm almost back where I started, maybe three three pounds down in the course of the last couple of months or something. But it was worth it. It was worth it. I hope your Easter was good. I was wondering what to do with the show and what was going to happen around here. I still don't know, if I'm honest with you. I had a call this morning with this suits. Just so everybody knows, just so everybody's on the same page, I had to call this morning with the suits, and my plan was to I have a bunch of stacked vacation days, and I have eighty four days left on my contract with iHeartRadio. And if you're unfamiliar, these deals usually happen when you.
Speaker 4: Have a year left. Okay.
Speaker 1: A year left is when you negotiate a new deal usually, And at this point I could talk to other companies. There's all everything is opened up, Everything is wide open at this point in time, eighty four days left, and so I had half of mind too, and I was literally going to just take off every vacation day of stack. If you've listened to the show, despite your complaints, despite your continued complaints over the last decade plus, I take so few vacation days it is absolutely preposterous. Okay, And much to the detriment of Courtney's vacation life.
Speaker 4: Trust me, she.
Speaker 1: Hates this more than you do, more than anybody else on the planet. But I take so few vacation days that I was going to just hey, let's just burn them. Let's burn them. And this morning iHeart was like, let's have a let's have a conversation, let's join At nine o'clock, I said, okay, and they said, we've come to an agreement on some things, not a lot. Don't get too excited. We've come to an agreement on some things. I would say about forty percent or so of what needs to be done is now done. And the idea is I'm gonna put my head down do the show for the next two weeks, and with seventy days left and fourteen days. With seventy days left, we're going to have what will probably be the final meeting. And if we can make an agreement, they are good, we move past everything and I could stop talking about it. If not, then I'll probably do what I had planned on doing this time and just burn all the days off that I have because I don't want to come in here every single day and do this. I don't I mean, I do want to do this show. It's fun. I enjoy myself. It's my life's work, is this program and everything that I've been working on for decades and decades now.
Speaker 4: But I don't want to do this part of it.
Speaker 1: I'd rather just either you know, pee or get off the pot, as they as they often say. So that was what a lot of my Easter break was spent doing. I appreciate all of the kind words. I appreciate everybody and yours and all of that stuff coming in. The basic deal is now I'll put my head on and put my head down and do the next two weeks and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: I'm still not very I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm not optimistic that we're gonna come to the conclusion that i'd like to here and I'll keep you updated as much as I can on this, but for now, I'm gonna come through this week, and we're all gonna come at once.
Speaker 4: They don't want that.
Speaker 1: You're gonna come at different times and flaw and then flaw right right down the middle. That's how it goes. But no, yeah, I mean not a bit for those of you who are wondering. Legitimately, I have eighty four days left. Getting paid at this company, and if that ends, I end like TSA style, see you later. I'll go bring my you know, my skills and abilities somewhere else and do this and probably get what I'm looking for at some other company. But I looked like iHeart wanted to play ball this morning. They said we have an agreement on these items. They said, you'd be willing to come back for the next two weeks and then we'll have another meeting about this. So for now, that's where I'm at. That's what I'm going to do, and I'll feel it out from here. We'll see what happens. I did have some Easter stuff to share with you.
Speaker 12: Boy.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I have enough time right now. In fact, I don't think I do. I don't think I have enough time at the moment to do this. But I have some Easter stuff. Since we missed Easter eggs, I didn't find any eggs. And by the way, don't get me started already. Please don't get me started already. See, by the way, that the entire Easter thing is broken, all right, the entire Easter thing is just absolutely broken. I watched as the kids at the Easter party I was at did this and I think it's just everywhere now. I think it's just everywhere now. No one dies eggs and hides them anymore. All right, it's all the plastic eggs.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's been like that.
Speaker 1: I don't know when that happened, Like it just turned them and the kids at the easter party they were coming through and they go, uh, I only got thirty seven dollars.
Speaker 3: And I never grew up with the plastic eggs having money. And you just can't like three jelly bees I did. I know you did, of course you did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we're sure.
Speaker 3: As dyed eggs. I don't believe those were supposed to be hidden and found, because if you don't find them, you got some nasty, rotting, boiled eggs.
Speaker 13: So we actually discussed this at my easter because we had my son Jackson, go out and do the egg hunt out in the backyard and he found plastic eggs and my dad had asked if they were real eggs, and I said, no, we're not hiding real eggs in the backyard.
Speaker 1: The problem, what do you do? No?
Speaker 13: But I think, and I was trying to remember back to my childhood. I was like, I think the real eggs were would be hidden in the house, you know, so that they you know, could be found.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Then what I thought that like just the dying eggs was a separate activity. Then that was the thing.
Speaker 4: The night before, That's what we did.
Speaker 1: My mom would get the whole pause kid out, and then we had like the shrink wrap things and the dies and we would do all of that the night before, and then the next morning everything would be hidden around the house and you have to find them. And now it's like the kids are upset because they don't have enough money in their plastic Easter eggs, and I go, what has happened?
Speaker 13: Doesn't he do the eggs? My kid had no money in his eggs, but he doesn't know any better, does he did he even go around and look for anything? Is even able to do that? So we did the backyard Easter egg hunt. And I was just roasting my wife for how easy these eggs were to find, because obviously she can't hide them that well because he's two years old. Yeah, but and I get that, but I still was just we were roasting her because I was like, I am standing at the window in the kitchen doing dishes, and I have found twelve eggs already. Just looking out the window, I can see them. They were, they were so obvious where the eggs were.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you.
Speaker 13: We took my car on top of a tree branch at one point, there's two of them.
Speaker 1: We took my car of the Courtney's house and I go, oh god. You know, after the pollen hurricane that hit the area. I go, I haven't washed my car, but we don't have enough time before Easter dinner.
Speaker 4: And we bring the car of that. It's filthy.
Speaker 1: I mean it's filthy, covered in smutting and and every kind of started. Well, I know it didn't have for a while. To jump it, I have to have somebody jump at first. But then we drive over there and I go, oh god, we could park over here, so the other people at the Easter party. Once you have filthy, my genesis is and I park it. And then when I go outside and they're gonna do the easter rount, they hit like six eggs around my filthy ass car. Kids are like the kids are like pitching their fingers to grab the plastic eggs off the car. Even full money, I didn't want to touch that thing. Jesus not great. All right, when we come back, I'll give you a download of some of the Easter stuff that we absolutely have to do here on the show, we got Nasa Kanye, the show that is breaking all of the entertainment industry right now and rightfully.
Speaker 4: So this is too far and too weird.
Speaker 1: And I said, El drama boy, oh boy, loaded up, and a lot to get to here on a share the show Tuesday, that's coming up next on the News Junkie April fools Boy. There was a lot of those out there, not from me, but from from all the other places. And we you know, we went through that and then that got us over to Easter, which was this past Sunday and into yesterday. But I missed a couple of things and I want to I just want to get caught up with them. And I'm sorry if you're like, well I've already heard this, Sean, most of you probably haven't. But some of what happened with Easter just provided so many clips that I had.
Speaker 4: To get in on.
Speaker 1: It mean, like some of these, I think hang them up in a museum. The picture of the Easter Bunny at the White House before he was about to go out and make an appearance with the President of the United States of America. It is glorious. It's for the people who are watching. You watch the show on YouTube and twitch. The picture of the Easter Bunny right before he's about to go out and do all the Easter Day stuff with Trump at the White House is like.
Speaker 3: That's the last picture.
Speaker 4: It's like deep emotional.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, here we get like the Easter Bunny is uh is ready to retire or something.
Speaker 3: All I need is a cigarette in his mouth?
Speaker 1: Yeah, bo Jo, Like he isn't only a little bit away from Ben Affleck in some of the photos that I've seen him where he stuck out front of his house with this cigarette dangling from his lip.
Speaker 13: Or you think for the White House Easter celebration when they need a bunny, is that a hire out or do they you know, acquire their own costume and like have a secret service agent somebody who's like past all the clearances and stuff to be there.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be surprised if they did that, Sele, because it's so like you're you're right next to the president. Yeah, you're right there, You're right next to the president.
Speaker 4: Or that's Pam Bondi in there. I mean, we got a new job for you.
Speaker 1: It's great, it's so important, You're gonna love it. What is it? What's well? I will explain it to you later. Pam, all right, just put on the head.
Speaker 13: Could you imagine the look on her face if they tried to hand her an Easter bunny costume?
Speaker 1: This is what are you talking about? This is very important? What do you mean? This is one of the most important jobs you can have.
Speaker 4: That bunny is staring one hundred miles through the wall.
Speaker 1: Only behind Santa Claus or something, and some of it is just cinema. Like Trump on the balcony of the White House. The Easter Bunny is next to him, and the discussion is not really Easter related, you might say. But you remember there's somebody, maybe Pambondi, in the Easter Bundy costume, right next to the President of the United States of America. The kids are all out on the lawn. The kids are ready to roll the eggs and go after the the you know, the eggs and the Easter egg hunt. And here's Trump next to the Easter Bundy.
Speaker 14: And I don't think it gets much more hostile than around. They're capable fighters. They are very tough people, and there are others like that. You don't mind when the enemy is weak, but that enemy is strong, not so strong like they were about a month ago, I can tell you. In fact, right now there not too strong at all in my opinion, but was soon going to find out.
Speaker 3: Just looking around.
Speaker 4: By the way, what would you have me do in this moment here?
Speaker 1: What I want to.
Speaker 3: Grab a handful of eggs and throw them as action.
Speaker 13: I would love for the Easter Bunny to just be reacting to the stuff he's saying that.
Speaker 4: He said, no, they're not so strong, and the easy.
Speaker 1: Like, no, I don't know what what is going on in the Easter buddy said. But he's sitting up here as Trump is having a rant about.
Speaker 3: A rod and I imagine this is something that happens at the White House every Easter.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, big time. Yeah, the Easter egg roll and the Easter egg.
Speaker 4: Roll, the eggs. Yeah, they do an Easter egg roll at the White House.
Speaker 1: It's one of the one of the events that they do for the holidays. I don't know when they started doing that, but it's definitely like one of the things that they do and.
Speaker 4: They race by rolling an egg.
Speaker 1: Across a course of some sort that they've made up. And you know, they got the Easter Bunny out there doing its thing.
Speaker 3: President in that position just be like, happy Easter, remember all the fun things, family love, and then stead he he did.
Speaker 1: Oh there's so much more. Oh, I'm just getting started here. Yeah, there's there's there's so much more. Last time we saw some of like this happen, it was when Biden was wandering around with no clue where he was, and the Easter Bunny had to guide Biden to to like, Oh, you need to go over here. The Easter Buddy is like guiding him, which leads me to believe Selan's theory might be right about who's in that service. Yeah, they're like get over here, over here, And now it's just craziness and pretty hilarious. Honestly, I don't know how much of this you can hear, but I'm gonna try. I'm gonna give it a shot. A million views this video. Trump sat down with a bunch of the kids at the Easter egg roll and he's doing his thing as no one does like him, and he's talking to the kids and he's signing an autograph for the kids at the easter egg event. And so Trump is saying, hey, you know, Biden didn't sign this.
Speaker 4: Biden used the auto pen.
Speaker 1: Biden didn't. It's talking about the auto talking about children. These kids don't know what a pen is, much less than auto pen. And these little kids are around. Let see what we can hear.
Speaker 4: He was, so they follow him.
Speaker 14: He takes the paper handed to his guys.
Speaker 1: So just just for the record, the kids around him are.
Speaker 3: What three, four, the eldest one and still uh from maybe eight, seven or eight all the way to the left and has no idea what he's talking about.
Speaker 1: One from the center of this discussion has made a paper airplane that has drawn his attention, and he's he's got a little airplane there.
Speaker 3: That's what he flew over Iran.
Speaker 1: Trump's like a button didn't sign this stuff. He had an auto pen. He's just telling the kids about him signed his own name. They followed him around with a machine.
Speaker 4: Do you know the machine is called auto ben.
Speaker 3: Those kids are know how to sign their own name.
Speaker 1: Those kids are like, this is the weirdest Easter I've ever seen in my entire life. What's going on? Here man, I was promised we would get some plastic eggs full of money, because that's what Easter has come down to. Of course, more from the Easter event.
Speaker 13: Uh do you have the one where he mimics the sniper, I think to some don't see what?
Speaker 1: All right? Here's another one where he's got some people gathered around him. The Easter bunny is next to him. Here here's trumpet. How did I do with the voters that do eggs?
Speaker 14: Also, anybody in the egg industry vote for she's a lower IQ person who is a lower IQ person.
Speaker 1: So this is the crown man at the Easter event. And he's going, how did I do with the what do you call it? The egg people?
Speaker 4: People?
Speaker 1: People? And no, first he said the egg people just like people who are into eggs for Easter, I guess. And then he went to the egg industrial complex or the e I see as it were, And uh, he's going, how did I do with these percent of the egg people vote? Which seems weird because I picture something different when I hear egg people. I got a picture like a yeah, they've got some physical deformities or something going on. But at the he's like, how did I do with the egg people.
Speaker 4: And then he.
Speaker 1: Says he's talking to the crowd of mothers and children families, and he said, uh, Kamala was a low IQ person. Who's lower iq Kamala? Or I think he said Joe Biden just tossing out bombs political bottles. That's probably the toughest question. That's the toughest question. Easter Bunny's just roasting, just roasting away in the costume next to.
Speaker 3: Him standing behind him is just like, what am I supposed to do? I think this is the moment which I am like hugging kids or shaking hands or high fives, and he's just behind Again, it's.
Speaker 4: A nice easter buddy.
Speaker 3: Costumes, beautiful costume.
Speaker 1: Quality quality wise. He's got the big head like scared.
Speaker 3: Look at his fans.
Speaker 1: He's scared. He doesn't know what to do with himself? Is what am I supposed to do? Over here?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 1: And then I guess somebody yelled at Trump when he was hanging out with Milania, and somebody's like, who is that? We were talking about Malania and there, so who's that?
Speaker 15: Who is that? He said, she's a movie stuff? Is a movie stuff? I love that kids don't care about any of this. Like, kids don't care about politics. This is one of the best part about kids. They don't care about like left or right or whatever. They just care about the moment, and they care about the things that motivate them, like eggs and money and candy and all those things. So the kid will straight up say to the First Lady of the United States of America, pointing at her, like who's that?
Speaker 1: Who this person right here where? If you were the parent of one of those kids, you'd be like, oh God, please, no. Awkward. It's like she's a movie star, that's her, and the little kids had quite a time an awkward.
Speaker 13: Ride home, kind of a silent thing. For the parent of that kid, it was like, what, I tell you, what are you doing out?
Speaker 1: If kids don't care, They do not care about any of this stuff, and God bless them for it. The other Eastern stuff that I wanted to mention was there were some police officers who got in trouble and Oklahoma City police officers allegedly involved in an April Fool's Day prank that got them in trouble are now popping up in the news.
Speaker 4: Hang on, let me see this.
Speaker 1: This has put them on leave, these police and it's crazy that they even tried this. I don't know if I have the audio of like the dispatch, it might be in here, but the story says Oklahoma City. Oklahoma City police officers are in trouble for being involved in April Fool's Day prank that led dispatchers to believe a fleeing driver had thrown a baby out of a car window and run a person over. Okay, what sweet prank. They're now on an administrative leave pending the investigation. Here, dispatchers were tracking an Oklahoma City Police officer who appeared to be in the middle of a pursuit around nine to thirty pm. The officer couldn't be heard over the radio. Instead, a dispatcher said the officer was sending updates through the department's electronic messaging system, so he's not talking over like his radio, He's just sending in messages. As the apparent pursuit continued, dispatcher's tracked the officer via a map. At one point, a dispatchers heard via audio relaying the message that the officer reported a baby had been thrown out the window during the pursuit. Then he supposedly ran over a homeless person, the dispatcher said. An Oklahoma Highway Patrol dispatcher then weighed in, asking if they needed assistance. A second Oklahoma City officer joined the purported pursuit, so they got like a whole fake police chase going on here. And Oklahoma City Police canine officer was heard asking the dispatch if either of their radios were working, and then they sent a message saying their vehicle had struck a person, prompting firefighters to rush to the scene. Afterwards, they said, we can terminate the pursuit. It was an April fool's prank. Then, I gotta tell you, isn't that a crime? Isn't this like, how have you not committed a crime? My friend? If you if you're saying, like, oh, we're in pursuit right now, someone threw a baby out of a window of a moving vehicle.
Speaker 3: That's been a civilian calling in that exact report.
Speaker 1: They get charged. Absolutely, dud, You're not allowed to do that. I think I have some of here from news for let's see here. Hang on, let me bring this full screen and see if they have the audio of it right here. Okay, it turns out, it was an April Fool's prank.
Speaker 4: What a movie advised that they threw a baby out of the window at thirty six Robinson, Jesus.
Speaker 8: We ran over a transience engine nineteen we spunge man down by thirty two hundreds man down.
Speaker 7: So Jason, it.
Speaker 1: Was an April fool's prank. The dispatcher says, yeah, that that seems like you would get like if we did that here, if we went on the show and did that and said, oh, there's crazy stuff happening right now, there's a police chase right now, we made up a news story, we would get in trouble and I might get fired. I might get fired as a result we did that.
Speaker 3: I would think make the prank a little bit ridiculous to insinuate and not cause full blown, I don't know, panic amongst law enforcement officers, like, oh, we just saw a sighting of insert not baby being thrown out of car.
Speaker 1: I would go so far as to say, why why make a fake police report for your April fools thing? You're a police officer. You could do anything else. You can literally do anything else, like you've committed a crime. That's what you you can't commit a crime and then be like April Fools.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of YouTube.
Speaker 13: Channels that thrive on the very idea you just spelled out.
Speaker 1: It's true, and that is absolutely true, But what do you think should happen to these officers? Prank?
Speaker 4: Just just in.
Speaker 1: Good fun here or much more serious.
Speaker 4: Fun about it? Though?
Speaker 13: Like the thing, the key to a good April Fool's Day prank is that like something fun was had you having fun about telling somebody a baby was thrown out of a car.
Speaker 1: Or just a gotcha got yeah? Oh well right now scrambling fire trucks and emergency vehicles to go to the location where you're saying all this is happening, and they go, haha, you idiots, I fooled you. Yeah, that's actually that's not really how it all should works.
Speaker 13: If you set the fire truck out there, the idiots what fools? April just believe every time somebody says man down.
Speaker 1: And the other story that I saw that I was just working real quick before we get to the newer stuff. But there was an Easter egg hunt on Sunday in Long Beach Park in California. Little kids are out running all over the place and they're finding. I hope some actual diyed eggs if those exist anymore, but certainly you know the plastic eggs with cash and candy them and whatnot.
Speaker 4: As these kids.
Speaker 1: Are rolling around finding different eggs, one of them goes, I found a big egg, and the mom and dad are like, wait, what's going on. The kids like, yeah, I found a big egg. This this must be the egg with all the money in it, and they're wrestling around trying to get the egg in.
Speaker 4: The kids found a human skull at.
Speaker 1: The part well the Easter egg search was going on. They went into this area with dense brush looking for eggs that were hidden, and they found an actual human skull. There was a human skull that the kids found in Long Beach, California, and in Easter egg hunt. What a weird Easter it was. Okay, I'm gonna get some emails coming in. Also, the amazing moments that we've been seeing with NASA around the moon yesterday, how cool man, So amazing to see. I've got some pretty great moments from that. We got a lot of drama on the way, and I shared the show Tuesday, and whatever your thoughts are, whatever's on your mind, tips tips at the newsyunky dot com or record a dispatch on the website. All that coming up next on the news Chunky.
Speaker 4: It's a one percent deal.
Speaker 1: That's like we're They say we're fifty percent there. I think we're maybe like one percent there really, But at least an agreement has been made to ice things out for the next couple of weeks here, so I'll try to churn through some fun shows. I'll tell you if anything else happens, But in the meantime, that's where we are right now. And the phone call this morning went a little better than some of the other stuff has gone so far, a little better, it's still not good. One percent there, ninety nine percent to go. And meanwhile, what I'm off on a day like yesterday, I'm just wandering around the house ranting about things because we didn't have any vacation planned or anything. But I watch it stuff and one of the things I just played this on the stream. I was like, what is going wrong with humanity? Here? I'll play it for those of you who miss this, and I'll explain it for everybody who's listening. I saw this video and I'm ranting to Courtney about this I go, we, I wonder what Sea Lane thinks about what this person has done. You're a bird owner, at least you were at one point in time.
Speaker 16: I was.
Speaker 1: And your bird Bongo. What type of bird was Bongo? Again?
Speaker 13: He was a quaker parrot. A quaker parrot. Okay, well that's what this is.
Speaker 1: A parrot. I don't know if the same green yeah, then I think it's the same kind of parrot.
Speaker 4: Then it's a little green parrot.
Speaker 17: And this dude, yeah, he made a submarine for his parrot, and he puts his parrot under the sea and then drives his parrot around and a little parrot submarine.
Speaker 1: And everybody's like, oh my god, look at him. Go the parrot's underwater. He's in a submarine. And I say the same thing about this that I said.
Speaker 4: About There was a big fight over this.
Speaker 1: I remember, people, some of you have takes that are just in its insane territory literally like sand brain territory sometimes. And I remember when this story came up. It was about a.
Speaker 4: Guy who went skydiving with his dog.
Speaker 1: And I said, there's a couple of things I'm against, and some of you may disagree, that's fine, whatever, But one thing is I don't think homeless people should have dogs. They don't have their lives together enough to navigate their own life. I literally just read an article in the La Times yesterday where they were talking about this big, failed pro program where they were spending hundreds of millions of dollars trying to rehouse the homeless. And one of the guys who they gave a house, and then the guy couldn't abide by the rules of the house and so he back out on the streets where they want the rules. The rules were that you couldn't do drugs, you couldn't have a bunch of guests over because that was something that they found led to them doing drugs a lot of times. And they were like a couple of rules for a free house. Your problem is you're a homeless person. They solve it by giving you one hundreds of millions of dollars in his program.
Speaker 4: And then the people don't want to follow the rules.
Speaker 1: And this guy they tell the story about him, and I go son of a bitch because they talk about how this homeless guy has a dog with him, which I don't think they should be having. And in the end they're like, oh, yeah, by the way, his dog ran out into traffic and got hit by a car.
Speaker 4: And because he wasn't watching his dog.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, you know what, I'm against some of these things with animals. The other one, and this was the one that caused like more of a big argument.
Speaker 4: On the show with people.
Speaker 1: I was against this guy who goes skydiving with his dog. He takes his dog and straps it to himself and he jumps out of a plane. It's a Golden Retriever. Just go win blowing in the wind, this golden retriever. And I go, your dog doesn't want to skydive, And I know they'll tell me they do, just like people will be like, no, my dog's a vegan. You know, my dog's absolutely I know you think that you can read your dog's mind, but your dog doesn't want a skydive. And my theory is that this parrot doesn't want to be in a submarine underwater, right, maybe I'm wrong. I mean, it's funny looking, it's absolutely hilarious to see and maybe this is the first parrot who's ever done this at all.
Speaker 3: And see if the parrot looks terrified.
Speaker 1: Can't really get a look at the parrot's face. But Seiland, from your experience with Bongo's similar type of bird, would Bongo have wanted to go on this scuba ocean journey or would this have really not have been a good idea for him?
Speaker 4: I would imagine not.
Speaker 13: You know, it's it's it's been a while, but I think the parrot would probably be a little freaked out. Now, how would you know if he was any more freaked out? I mean the Bongo made a lot of screeching noises just for fun, just cronzies, you know, so you wouldn't necessarily know. I mean there were times where you know, he would show signs where he didn't like stuff or distress. Yeah, you're wrong, I would I will say this man he did like water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he loved water.
Speaker 4: Interesting like taking a.
Speaker 13: Bath in the water, right, yeah, I mean he liked, you know, giving himself a bath in the water. But also like if we brought him in the shower, he loved the shower.
Speaker 3: You brought the bird in the shower, huh yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we had a special perch for the bird to take take into the shower.
Speaker 3: So maybe we're onto something. Maybe this bird did want to go scuba diving.
Speaker 1: Please tell me you had a girl over one time with this bird in the shower routine that you were doing. No, No, is this before you ever got laid U when I lived with him. You know, all starting to add up here, All all the bombo stories are coming together here.
Speaker 3: I love birds, tell you what. But they have like especially those green parrots and the cockatials, the white ones, they have such personalities of one, we could never interview one on the radio. Two. The way that they laugh at humans is bring such joy to me, and so a little part of me with all of the bird accounts I follow. Thanks that bird.
Speaker 4: May love this, Yeah, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I think the bird is like, what's going on with.
Speaker 3: Its freaking out right now? Like we would see you just flailing inside of the bird?
Speaker 1: Can it the bird tube that it's in the scuba dive underneath ocean? This parrot is in a tube literally the size of the parrot.
Speaker 4: There's not it can't really do anything inside there.
Speaker 13: It does look like it looks like one of those pneumatic tubes from the bank.
Speaker 1: This is what happens when humans try to humanize their pets. You know, I know what pongo wants to do.
Speaker 3: It's an impressive little system though it's working.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the thing doesn't die. You know, that's great. But I just I don't think your bird wants to do this. I think maybe we could keep the birds out of the Scooba equipment. Let's keep to humans in it. Humans like to do that kind of stuff, and I think that's fantastic. But give us your thoughts Center Dispatch over at thenews.
Speaker 4: Junkie dot com right now.
Speaker 1: I a let's get do a couple of emails real quickly, Tips at the news Junkie dot com. Scott emails the show. Scott says, just picking you up in Rochester, New York. Well, thank you, Scott, he says, great to hear you up here. Wife and I have been fans for a long time, way before you were on Wham. It's a news station over there in the area. Thank you for tuning in, Scott, appreciate that. Pez emails the show. Oh boy, Pez, I'm just glancing at the email now, he says. The church, the neighborhood church is blocking my WiFi. Tips the news junker dot com. Hello, weird question. I live next to a church and I've had my WiFi hub router as P word farts, see dumpster, etc. For the longest while. Well, I think they've erected some kind of Wi Fi jammer. I can't prove this, but when I enter my kitchen or bathroom facing the church, my WiFi is blocked. Every device just craps out. And I live in a shoe box. I can't prove my theory a bunch of tech support. Can I somehow prove this and get them to remove whatever bs anti Wi Fi crap they have going on? He says. I get they don't want their kids seeing the P word of the C word, but these s words are tax free pariahs. He says.
Speaker 4: I'm an atheist and f these people.
Speaker 1: Wow, atheists still out there trying to win hearts and mind.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's one way to test it out. Change just for a day or two your WiFi does something like I love Jesus sixty nine or he is back. He has risen whatever numbers and see if you're on blocks, because then you can verify they do.
Speaker 1: I feel like we talked with MO one time because there is a question in there, and it's like, can you block somebody else's Wi Fi?
Speaker 18: And you're not supposed to. That's I don't think you're allowed to do it's illegal. So if the church was indeed found to be blocking Wi Fi using some sort of jammer or device like that, that is illegal.
Speaker 3: So expensive too, I don't know.
Speaker 13: But the other thing is if you were to go after the church for this and say like, hey, they're blocking my WiFi, you might be exposing yourself to some sort of criminal not criminal, but some sort of violation because you there could be an argument that it was be illegal to have obscene things as your WiFi name.
Speaker 1: Is it really really put on the mo list? That's weird because that's like you're doing this within your own space, but your space is crossing over into somebody else's.
Speaker 13: Eventually you're broadcasting a signal into the air that has bad words. I mean, we're not allowed to do that, that's true. I mean, like, okay, we have we have ways of like when we play a song on the radio station, the title and artists gets sent with the signal and like many of the cars that are that you know can hear this right now, decode that signal and display it on your screen. I put a bunch of F words on there. I think we would be in violation because he didn't hear it.
Speaker 1: Do it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, put f words on everybody's dashboard right now, see Lane, let's there's only one way to test it.
Speaker 4: We can ask mo questions. Sure, yeah, we could do.
Speaker 3: That, but especially I'm in comfort of our homes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm in might as well territory. You do it and I'll take the blame. I'll be honest with you. I'm I'm I do that. You do it, and I'll take the blame. I'll put it out there publicly, go for it. I'm looking at the jammers, and they do sell them jammerspro dot Com, the Wi Fi jammers, and they're between six hundred and nine and fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: So if they bought a jammer, I imagine that came from the church donations, whatever budget they have.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. I don't even know if they have one. He doesn't know if they have one. He thinks he's being blocked from his offensive names at the church. But let us know what you think about what this guy is doing. Send your hundred bucks. I told you it's expensive. And then they picked the case you want, the metal case, the plastic case of the Army Green Case. Army Oh, now now you look official. When you get the Army Green case. Tell us what you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 4: We are just getting started.
Speaker 1: When we come back, we'll get into a little bit of the the action going on. Some of the bloopers too, from the trip around the Moon just incredible. You can't miss any of this. I got some clips for you. It's coming up next in the news. Junkie fed Up on YouTube says, good grief, Sean, you must be asking for a lot more from the suits if you're that far off the mark.
Speaker 4: We thought you loved us, Lol, I do love you.
Speaker 1: It's why I come here every day and do this show despite the fact that you know, somehow I'm swatting at a hornet's nest from time to time. Sometimes it's glorious, Sometimes it's fun.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I'm exhausted.
Speaker 1: I know I'm not digging holes here, but it never ends, you know what I mean. And it's like, all right, let's go, let's go. Spin the ball on your finger, Spin the ball on your finger, Do it again, do it again, do it again. And so you know, honestly, it would be way easier for me just to take the next fourteen days off as I had planned. But they at least did come around my way a little bit. So I told them, all right, we'll chill out. I'll calm down on this, and we'll see if we can make some progress. And on day seventy or so, I think we're gonna join back up with the top suits at iHeart, and if we make a deal, we make a deal. But after that I'll probably just burn everything I have and just stay away. I might be able to wrap up the rest of the contract with that.
Speaker 4: So we'll see.
Speaker 1: Right now, we're going to have some fun, and we're going to continue on live for the next couple of weeks and see what see what develops over that time. So one of the things that's been keep me distracted is distracted that I absolutely love and I'm not exaggerating this. I kind of exaggerated my love for the Olympics because I was like, Yeah, the Olympics is coming up, and then I didn't watch any of the Olympics at all. I didn't really tune into any of Olympics, and I go, maybe I don't want the Olympics. Maybe I'm not that into it. Maybe it's maybe I need it to be live right now and I'm watching what's going on, and then I'm really invested in the game and want to root for the United States of America. But otherwise I'm not really into it. But I am into the space thing. I am into Artemis two. It's so cool. It's so easy to sin. I don't know what, like a NASA app.
Speaker 13: Yeah, watching there's an app that you can like track where the mission is and like look at.
Speaker 3: The live feed.
Speaker 1: It's not I'm sure there's.
Speaker 13: Links to live feeds when there are ones, but like you can look at where the caps or where the like the intelligen what's the thing.
Speaker 4: Called integrity integrity?
Speaker 13: Yeah, you can look at where O'Ryan is on the map of where it's supposed to go, and then and you can like zoom in and around and you see where the moon was.
Speaker 1: It was pretty cool.
Speaker 3: I found myself a couple of times, especially at night, where I see the moon. I'm like, I wonder what they're doing right now they're thinking, I know, obviously science experiments data that they're collecting, but there's also a lot of downtime, I imagine, right, and they're little capsule.
Speaker 1: Well, they have them working a lot, They really really really have them working quite a bit. And we for Easter, they were like which we would put on the TV and they put the NASA feet on and it's just them and this tiny little capsule and they're just floating around further away at that moment than any other human being ever. And seeing the photos of in the video of the other side of the Moon with the Earth kind of rising over it, it's just unbelievable. Man, it's so cool. Sam on YouTube says, my kids teacher had them watching it in class yesterday. That's great. I think that's really cool. I think they should do that kind of stuff.
Speaker 13: There is there's something eerie about the live stream we watched yesterday because they they have a couple little feeds. They have a couple of cameras that they can pick from, and the one that they showed the most you can see the side of the Orion and the NASA logos on it. NASA brilliant with branding. They put the NASA logo everywhere where they know it's gonna catch eyes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, just the NASA logo for I don't know if they're doing product placement in space but maybe.
Speaker 13: But and then you saw the moon right in uh in the view. Yeah, and it looked like nobody was moving. I know, they were going like a thousand miles an hour and just look at because it was so far away that the Moon was barely getting bigger.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. The craziest thing to me is when they did the loop around around the moon on the dark side of the Moon at one point. Just think about this for a second. Now the moon is moving. See like, how fast is the Moon moving? How fast is the Moon rotating the Earth? I forgot what the speed is, but just so you know, the Moon isn't sitting still there as this capsule, the Orion capsule is headed out towards it at a billion miles an hour and stuff. No, the Moon is also a moving target that they're trying to go around because the Moon is moving itself.
Speaker 3: But Little made this so scary because they had to be there at the perfect point or they would just go off into space forever never seen again.
Speaker 1: Right, they had to rely on the math of all these geniuses over at NASA to say like, hey, are we really coming back.
Speaker 4: I sure hope.
Speaker 13: So the Moon orbits the Earth at an average speed of two and eighty eight miles an hour.
Speaker 1: Now, who so the Moon up there is cooking two thousand miles per hour. And then these astronauts fling around the Moon. Guess they get this. They go around the Moon and at one point when they're really catching speed, they're going twenty five thousand miles per hour in the Orion space capsule, twenty five thousand miles per hour, hurdling through space around the Moon, just chilling like it's nothing, just chilling like it's no thing. And here's what Sabrina was talking about. There's so many of these things that seem like space product placement. There's Nutella just floating through space.
Speaker 3: With full label in the label.
Speaker 1: Label out the Nutella just floating through the spacecraft here, no big deal.
Speaker 11: Three Wiseman and Jeremy Hansen will be up first to capture it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know if Nutella could just take this and make it a commercial.
Speaker 3: But you shout or to tell us like, we did not give you permission, so you're have to blur that out.
Speaker 1: They loved it. I think they posted. I don't know if I save this as nuteleposted it afterwards, and they go.
Speaker 4: So glad to be up at the space station.
Speaker 1: And then as the astronauts are going around the Moon, they had the scariest part. They're going fifty thousand miles or not fifty twenty five thousand miles per hour. Artemis two and the crew are cruising at twenty five thousand miles per hour, and in this one particular spot for a handful of minutes, they lose contact and communication with mission control.
Speaker 4: Wasn't it like forty It's about forty.
Speaker 1: Minutes total, right, They're going twenty five thousand miles an hour and they lose contact with mission control. Now not only can nobody help them and nobody do anything about it, but they're on their own. And that's why I thought the moment when they came back was pretty amazing.
Speaker 11: Let's listen, they're tasks for Lunarflaby did not stop as they went behind the Moon and out of contact with us. We anticipate during that time they were attempting to image some impact short lived flashes on the lunar surface which would be caused by impact bombards. Still doing eventually even a lofted lunar dust right now. Of course they are getting pictures of earth rise.
Speaker 4: Here they come after.
Speaker 11: This target, they will get a short observation break. It's about an hour long actually been integrity, com check.
Speaker 4: Integrity.
Speaker 1: We have you loud and clear, temmy, oh oh.
Speaker 6: Hello Houston, we have you the same, And it is so great to hear from Earth again to Asia, Africa and Oceania. We are looking back at you. We hear you can look up and see the moon right now. We see you too. When we burned this burn towards the moon, I said that we do not leave her, but we ex use this, and that is true. We will floor, we will build, we will build ships, build, visit again. We will construct clients, outputs, we will drive rovers, we will do radio astronomy. Yeah, found companies, we will boast our industry.
Speaker 1: We will inspire. You say we'll found companies on the moon? Is yeah, nobody to go to the moon.
Speaker 4: Maybe part of the whole process, I guess is what it would be.
Speaker 1: But they lost contact for about forty minutes there as Celim was mentioning.
Speaker 4: And then they just give the time to write that little speech.
Speaker 3: That's good. Yeah, No, they have that ready to go. I wonder how these speeches didn't make the cut.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know, I know. One moment that did stand out for me was as this was going on.
Speaker 4: I love that they're doing these.
Speaker 1: Interviews as they go out there in space and you know, around the moon and stuff, because the delay is pretty bad. Now. When I first got into radio, I remember they used to do this. Then they don't do it anymore. But way way back in the day, I was working for a station at the time work. It was a country station in West Palm Beach, Florida, and I was like, I don't listen to country music. What am I going to do here? But it was a radio station, and early on in the career you take whatever job you could possibly get, so country music it is friends at WRK, and at that time we would have to do a lot of remotes.
Speaker 4: And the remotes that we do now very very different.
Speaker 1: Basically, Sea Lane has to act like an engineer, and we have a tablet that connects via software to the radio station and we bring mostly our own equipment to mostly Sea Lane's equipment in fact, out to whatever venue that we go to and we connect back with the technology. But at that point in time. That's not how you did it. Every radio station had a van. Most of them don't even have these big vans anymore, but these had the like the big creeper vans, and on top of the vans you had this little satellite and when you got to your location, there was a crank and you had to crank your satellite straight up, and that son of a bitch would be probably twenty feet up off the top of the back of this van. They made the van specially so they would be stable with this big satellite up in the air, and then that went back to the radio station where another satellite caught the signal and then it worked its way into the studio and then you were live. But you had to know that from the moment you were alive, like there's a delay. There's a delay in that process, and it's a noticeable one. Like if you're talking to somebody and they're out in the field and there with one of these vans, you would go, how.
Speaker 4: Are you doing.
Speaker 19: Great?
Speaker 1: John, Oh, I'm doing good, And then if you start talking over each other, things get really weird. I tell you this story about me working at WYRK with the live broadcast fan in the in the satellite only to tell you imagine how bad the delay is when the other person that you're talking to is around the moon. All right, it's a real big delay and it can lead to awkward moments like, for instance, this, but they are very very proud of you. This is Trump talking to the astronauts, and he says at some point, he's like, you know, I talked to the leaders of Canada. I talked to the Canadian officials. He's talking about the Canadian astronaut. You know, the tag along. They're all great. By the way, I'm just messing with it. But the Canadian astronaut is who Trump is talking to, and he's like, yep, you know, I talked to him. They're all so proud of you, and now you have to wait.
Speaker 13: But they are very very proud of you.
Speaker 1: One one thousand two, one thousand three, one thousand four, one thousand five, one thousand six, one thousand seven, one.
Speaker 3: Thousand they're clapping at something.
Speaker 1: They clapped. They're like having at the microphone, but not not going to say anything. You could hear Trump right, He's moving around. Yeah. Trump is just waiting for the message to get into space to the heart of his people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, incredible technology. He's like wild.
Speaker 1: You could hear Trump and he's like moving from room to room. Nothing right, silence and transmission right now. Now at some point here, they think they might have gotten disconnected.
Speaker 4: And my favorite part of this.
Speaker 1: They think that they might have gotten disconnected here and and Trump's like, no, I'm still here. Trump.
Speaker 3: Do you want me to try to book an interview with them? We need four segments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be We'll just ask all the questions up front and then just have them answer them all at once. The delays have been much. But my favorite part of this is Trump to me sounds like you know when you would talk to your your girlfriend on the phone when you were a young kid, and you guys, would you've been talking for like an hour or two hours, and you just run out of stuff to say. Yeah, it gets quiet. It's like you're still there. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm still here Trump as this moment, still silent, still nothing from space. They're just kind of awkwardly looking around, touching the microphone as your floats around. I think this is where they think they've lost connection with the president. Still nothing. This is so weird, still dead air as.
Speaker 4: They're staring at the cameras.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we should have just h here.
Speaker 20: We go, administrator, I like, man, just get a quick com check, make sure you guys are still on the line.
Speaker 1: And we didn't have a handover. I am, why is that so quick? He's in like some echo of your room and he's like, I am, I'm still here. I'm still with you. After a bit of a delay there in the space talk. Not sure what happened, but something got awkward, not a little you.
Speaker 3: Have to travel faster. If it was it was tech.
Speaker 1: Feed, probably he might be able to send a text faster, just data wise maybe. But this got awkward and the time went on for a while, And I think that's why. This is why sometimes when you're talking to somebody you say over afterwards, like they're very very proud of you over, or you know.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, like the old uh you know type to text thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to tell the person like yeah, now it's your turn. You got to say something right now. And all of this stuff floating around now there's like people meaning it as somebody saying these deals with NASA, these product placement deals are getting a little bit obvious.
Speaker 19: Here's one of them. It's a scrub daddy.
Speaker 1: That we have.
Speaker 6: We're ready for the morning.
Speaker 4: There's all sorts of stuff just flying by.
Speaker 1: Taco bell bat, Good morning, Integrity, and good morning Moon. One of my favorite moments actually was, oh, I don't know if I could find this in time. Let me let me try to dig this up really quickly, because I think I bookmarked it. One of my favorite moments was, you know how they do a thing where Mission HQ they play a song each day to wake up the astronauts. Yeah, and they'll play like maybe maybe a great space related song or something. But in this case, they played Chapel roone and what they played one of them I think it might have been Pink Pody Club, and the astronauts are getting awoken by the sounds, and then all of a sudden they got mad because they cut it off before the break, like you, but before it got to like the key part of the song chorus. Yeah, yeah, they cut off. Oh hold on, I thought I had this somewhere. Uh yeah, they started playing this this is it, Okay, here it is. Here's the moment where Mission Control tried to play the Pink Pony Club song for him from h qing on a crazy vision.
Speaker 4: All right, so you know this song.
Speaker 1: You've probably heard this somewhere at some point in time, and the song is building up. Now we're at the hook. This is the part everybody wants to hear. And if I'm in space, give me a banger hook man. All right, I want to hear this song hit. I want to really hear it. You club mama.
Speaker 4: So they're probably rocking right now.
Speaker 1: In Orion, they faded out. That was right before the key hook, and it got mad. Here's NASA reported back or the astronauts. The astronauts got mad that they cut the song off before the chorus got.
Speaker 6: Chorus.
Speaker 1: We'll try again next time. Yeah, what are you doing? What are you doing? You can't do that now it's build up in their heads.
Speaker 4: For God's sake, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't They were like, we can't play the whole song, so we're gonna stop it right here.
Speaker 4: All right, we're gonna take a quick break. We're gonna stop right here.
Speaker 1: I have a little bit more about some stuff that happened during the Artemis Moon mission, and that's been crazy.
Speaker 4: We got Kanye West getting.
Speaker 1: Banned from the UK and then the festival that he was supposed to be a part of getting canned entirely, we got this SNL drama on the cooker and boil Boy. Is there a lot more to talk about, so coming up next on the news Junkie. Big thank you to DJ Rage for the ten gifted subs over at thenewsjunkie dot com gifted subscriptions to secret shows.
Speaker 4: Appreciate that. I think there might be one or two left.
Speaker 1: And also Sean Patrick's Day for the gifted sub Thank you so much. I appreciate that you can learn more or claim one of those gifted subs on the website thenewsjunkie dot com. Right now, lots of emails are coming in and a lot of people come and think about stuff we've discussed so far. In fact, this one is somebody talking about that email. Somebody sent in an email saying they were using very offensive Wi Fi names to troll the church that is nearby, including lots of very sexualized content, and they said they think the church is blocking their Wi Fi signal. And this email says the church is most likely not using a jammer. Besides being illegal, it would of course mess up their own network.
Speaker 4: While doing this.
Speaker 1: Most likely the emailer's network is just bad, which very well could be the case.
Speaker 4: A little mesh system.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this, this may just be that you you're not you're not doing a great job at your own system over there while you're trying to offend the folks at the at the church.
Speaker 13: I did some follow up on that with chat GPT about whether or not you're allowed to have knotty words on your Wi Fi name. Yeah, and it said your your Wi Fi network name is considered a form of speech.
Speaker 4: Really, so in the.
Speaker 13: US, profanity by itself is typically protected under the First Amendment, which is not going to get you in trouble for or being profane. But and we actually have talked about we did have a story where this, uh, this has got somebody in deep, deep trouble. Situations where the SSID could cross a legal line would be threats or harassment. Remember the guy on the plane that had like the Wi Fi name that said bomb on plane or.
Speaker 1: Something like that. Yeah, yeah, it said idea, but he definitely got in trouble for that. I remember the story.
Speaker 13: It said names like I will hack you, which that doesn't sound like a great threat, but I will hack you, or anything implying violence or targeting a specific person could be interpreted as a threat or harassment. That'll fall under local or state laws, not free speech protection. Extremely explicit sexual content could potentially run into issues under obscenity law, but it's rare and dependent upon context.
Speaker 1: Somebody says on YouTube he said he had those Wi Fi names before the church was there. They're not to offend the church. I don't remember.
Speaker 4: Maybe he did say that. I might have mentioned that he had them.
Speaker 1: Previous to all of this, but us just a weird brag that you.
Speaker 4: Have that as your WiFi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then was if somebody comes over and they want to access.
Speaker 3: Your WiFi, he has no problem telling them.
Speaker 1: It's like filthy sea words, sexualized terms, and yeah, I mean that.
Speaker 4: It's not something I haven't seen.
Speaker 1: Like I could probably pull up the Wi Fi on my computer, and I'm sure somebody in my neighborhood has something moderately funny. Although there's a little more space between the houses around here. I remember when I.
Speaker 13: Was my neighborhood has more just like the gimmicky fun ones like your wi like FBI surveillance, van porn studio, pretty fly.
Speaker 1: For a Wi Fi there you go. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's all the same ones and all of the all of the places, over and over and over again. I remember when I lived downtown in a in a high rise, there was you would pop up your WiFi and there would probably be God only knows how many people lived in the building that I lived in. There were probably be forty or fifty options, maybe more of wi fis that you could be accessing, and so many of them had either funny or offensive names or I can hear you having sex or like a message to the neighbors and whatever, like all different stuff that you would put on there. So maybe they were doing that beforehand. Either way, come on, find find better ways to fight against organized religion, friend, if that is what you were doing. Hey, real quick, I don't know if you guys have seen this, but I'm so weird it out. I said, Hollywood has made a choice with this. They have made a choice. What are they doing? And I have so many bigger stories to get into, but this, this has grabbed my attention, especially burning and a day yesterday taken a day off in protests. I go, no way, no way, it's not out yet, but somebody keeps posting about how there's a new show coming out on Peacock and it's got Elizabeth Banks in it, and it's called The Miniature Wife.
Speaker 3: Okay, have you seen the trailer yet?
Speaker 1: I haven't seen the trailer, but I've like, I saw somebody who would I think they reviewed it.
Speaker 4: Hold on, okay, somebody says.
Speaker 1: I was given advanced access to the Miniature Wife show, and I can confirm that one yes, he tries it and two she dies. It's probably not true. That's probably that's probably just trolling, just like the Wi Fi named, and it's about like a guy like, honey, I shrunk my wife basically is what they've come down to. And it's got the wife on a toy train with a you know, a megaphone so that he can hear her her big, real sized husband and she's a little teeny wife and and it's like it's so weird, it's such what a weird guy there? That too? Yeah, you see the mobile gasoline for six fifty five cents underneath the Miniature Wife's poster.
Speaker 4: But what so strange? Hollywood is going to little too far.
Speaker 3: I hope they do it better than whatever his face was when he was shrunk.
Speaker 4: Oh, Matt Damon movie.
Speaker 1: That didn't go over very well. Then I watched the show for a little while before it went like all weird political and stuff. There was a show about a dude who got really big. It wasn't like big with Tom Hanks, but it was this guy and he something happened. He got really big all of a sudden, He's like twenty feet tall or whatever. And they only went about two episodes or three episodes of that in before they got to like, hey, what if you have sex with a normal size little man? And all the bits from that. I'm like, this is one hundred percent what they're going to be doing. She could be hugging it like a tree. One hundred percent. This is happening at some point in the Miniature Wife on Peacock one billion percent.
Speaker 4: Even I will go as to far Toscent. We started watching Love Overboard last night.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's so cheesy love it.
Speaker 3: The people don't have partners.
Speaker 1: They know they well, yes, but they make them walk the plank when you get voted off of the show. They're like walk the plane and they're on a yacht. But the yacht they're on isn't big enough to make walking the plank funny. So they have like a giant ship that pulls up and there's a plank off of the ship and they just walk.
Speaker 4: The Plank's not on the same boat. I think it's on a different one. I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Oh I know is that the woman who's the host is like, oh God, she's grating to me. And it's got the bachelort exactly, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: But the show it was good, like background television.
Speaker 1: It was cornball. But I mean that's kind of what I was expecting. I guess it's pretty funny. How just terrible. Yeah, we were talking about a show like this for Easter and we said, it's so funny. If you go back to the first seasons of The Bachelor, the Bachelor, at some of those couples are still together because at that time, people legitimately actually wanted to meet somebody and fall in love and start a family and have kids and stuff, And some of those couples are still together because that's what they wanted. There now none of them actually want to get together with nobody.
Speaker 3: Show a whole spin off as well, with the most controversial, at least most watched season yet they're going to do after the Villa and it's all the couples and how they are not together and their douicy secrets. And I rolled my eyes. But I also added to the queue.
Speaker 1: Because I think they did after the Villa thing last year, but I didn't know any of the people. But now the last season of that, I saw enough good drama. I was like, Okay, anyhow bad television in a kind of good way.
Speaker 4: Sometimes when we come.
Speaker 1: Back the next episode with sub what's coming up on the next episode.
Speaker 3: What's coming up from the next steps. Oh, Dublin Museum is catching heat for a very questionable waxwork that has now joined the ranks of worst celebrity wax figurines of all time. This week's edition of that wasn't on My twenty twenty six Bingo card Trick Daddy has a beef with Alpha Kappa. Alpha Plus we've bit ado to a music legend and pioneer who put the boots in the cats. I'll add so much more coming up on the next episode.
Speaker 21: And that is coming up next on the News Junkie, I want to say a.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday to our friend Jack Bradshaw, and it's Jack Bradshaw's birthday to day.
Speaker 4: For those of you who know Station and know Jack Bradshaw.
Speaker 1: They're very confused about how old he is, which I don't blame you. Somebody says Jack's fifty seven. Somebody says Jess fifty nine. Somebody else said Jack is fifty three. I don't know which one of those are correct, but it all leads you to the same place. He looks fantastic for his age. He just really does. And I don't know if he's AARP yet. I don't know, you know how far along the train he is, but I know he looks. I know he looks great, got full ass head of hair, kind of mind blowing, kind of obnoxious in a way. Jealous, I mean I am jealous of how young he looks for his age, because I feel like, when I get to whatever age Jack Bradshaw actually is today, on his birthday, I'm not going to look as good as he does. Maybe not even now. You know that's the sad part of it. Maybe I've already surpassed that. Now he's fifty nine, I'll be fifty eight and he's a year older. That's crazy. If he's fifty nine, that's that's out landish, and what's him on the air, just to me that if he is anyhow, Happy birthday to you, Jack Bradshaw, program director at our home radio station.
Speaker 4: Here, time to get into it. Let's do the next episode because.
Speaker 1: There's a lot on TV and you can't possibly keep up with all of it, even though you should, because what else are you going to talk about?
Speaker 4: Let's make the room stank.
Speaker 1: Weather's nice. It's time for the next episode with Sabrina.
Speaker 22: Hey, hold up.
Speaker 3: The next episode brought to you by that mortgage Guy Don That mortgage guidn dot com an homelans radio show. If you are looking to buy your first dream home, maybe refinance the home they already own, deconsolidation and see what it is to start a business or expand your business. Work with someone who's got your back. He's an experts also a friend you could trust, and he made his website very easy to navigate through. It is chock full of information. If you got a question, direct access to Don himself. So start the process today with the man the legend that is that mortgage guy down. Don't miss the Voca dot com twas a mirror twenty eight years ago, nineteen ninety eight. This guy right here, George Michael, George Michael's right point to Shawn, thank you. Ninety eight, George Michael was arrested in a public bevery Beverly Hills restroom for indulging and I quote in wacky wacky.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's what they called it.
Speaker 3: That's what they called it.
Speaker 4: That's wait, who's they? Who is the they were speaking.
Speaker 3: Of the people who are the people who don't want to say gay bathroom sex? Just wacky wacky and from wacky wacky to wacky Tobacci on the same day, but just seventeen years ago, one of the actors from this Harry Potter, Yes, that is correct. Was it my clue?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I just I finally heard the song.
Speaker 1: I thought you were doing the one where he's the Michael Scott what's his name is the news guy? Is it Anchorman where he's like, No, that that was Bruce Almighty, Bruce Almighty. That's how I thought you were doing Almighty. Yeah, Well, Jim Carrey was the one like making him do No.
Speaker 3: It was two thousand and nine that Harry Potter actor Jamie Wailitch, who played uh the Hogwarts student Vincent Crab arrested for of all things. Yeah, way back.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 3: He was pulled over, found eight bags of marijuana's and then they raided his house and found ten cannabis plants. Oh my god, only they had that invisibility. Cloak am I right. He played guilty, got off with just one one hundred and twenty hours of community service. And there you have it. Someone who can no longer service the community because they are dead. We bit ado to James Gadson, who has passed at the age of eighty six. Now you may not know him by his name, but boy, do you know him by his beats. Veteran drummer who's playing shape some of the most recognizable soul funk and disco records, is now doing some soul funk and disco in heaven. They say. He was born in Kansas City in nineteen thirty nine, started in school music programs, served in the airport air Force, which might find themselves in an airport of some kind. But he was also behind songs including Lean on Me all Right, Dancing Machine, this song right Here.
Speaker 1: I Will Survive, Gloria Gaynor, Don't.
Speaker 3: Leave Me This Way, and later in his career played on releases by Beck, Justin Timerlake DeAngelo and Harry Styles drummer with a deep, prooved control and lasting impact on rhythm sections. Many rest in peace. And now we move on to those that are alive and not performing in the UK. And of course I speaketh of The first thing that I had pulled over the weekend was that aneyser Busch Saint Louis, Missouri. I can't say that without Saint Louis, Missouri. I was the latest sponsor to withdraw from the upcoming Wireless Fest after Kanye was announced as the headliner. According to report from The Wall Street Journal, Budweiser and Beatbox, both owned by aneser Busch, were previously listed as sponsors of the Wireless Fest. However, they confirmed early this morning no longer participating as a sponsor, and this development may makes them the fourth major brand to exit the event following the headlining announcement.
Speaker 4: In addition, Weird Beatbox had no problem with Juvenile.
Speaker 1: Get messed up the spotsor one of our events.
Speaker 4: No no issues over.
Speaker 3: There, paypals out, Dago, what's ago?
Speaker 4: More liquor brands gotcha?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: They ended their involvement and Pepsi Max presents Wireless I believe Pepsi is also out, so uh now.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter who's out that they've canceled the whole thing there was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the next update there for you. The rapper formerly known as Kanye West is now taken down the entire fest of Wireless festival that was supposed to happen in July. And after all the backlash, especially with the inti Semitic remarks, even though he said Jonah Hill convinced him to like the Jews again, they have canceled the entire thing. UK would not be conducive to the public good if they continued on with this festival.
Speaker 1: This is so dumb. I don't know why they did this. I don't know legitimately why they would cancel this festival.
Speaker 3: Well, because a lot of people wanting their money back.
Speaker 1: Kanye West has to apply for a visa right. The travel visa will allow him to go into the UK and then perform at the Wireless Music Festival or whatever the hell it's called. He was denied the visa right, so the UK decided we don't want this guy for whatever reason, and we're not going to let him in here to perform. All the festival had to do was on account of he's not going to be able to be here anyways. His performance has been canceled and the festival will continue on without him. I don't know why they would cancel the whole thing.
Speaker 3: They lost so many sponsors, say that many pull out. Then do they have any other choice? Were they going to get the monies?
Speaker 1: I mean to make money from tickets, from ticket sales which they already.
Speaker 3: Sold, but just tickets are not going to fund the whole thing. Sponsors seem to play a heavy part of this wireless fest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I have no idea how much they're making from sponsor.
Speaker 3: So there you have it. Prime Minister Keir Starmer called the booking deeply concerning Health Secretary Wes Streeting said that Yay should absolutely not play at the festival Boom No More Fest. And finally, I'm gonna have to leave you with this. I sent you the picture in the group chat Shan, but we now have another nominee or perhaps just in the Hall of Fame of wor celebrity figurines of all time. I present to you Taylor Swift in a Dublin wax museum.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what are they complaining about.
Speaker 3: They're saying that her, well, her boobs are a little distracting. First and four, that was a replica of the star performing in the Aras tour, So I believe that's like a matching.
Speaker 4: Dress or something, or her boobs distracting in the ariostour.
Speaker 3: I don't think they were. I don't think they're that big, which is fine. She has a great personality and beautiful voice. But once the picture started circulating on social media, many Swifties flocked to mock to say they have created an absolute dumpster fire. One Penn who keeps getting paid for making these extremely poor wax statues, and now they're calling her a victim to the very questionable wax work here and not here but over there in Dublin depicts her performing like I said, and is it disrespectful? One person said, it looks like a cheap sex robot, and I don't one disagree. It kind of looks like a sex doll to me.
Speaker 1: I mean they all do, don't they They all kind of look like sex dolls because they're wax dolls.
Speaker 4: Some of them, Madam Tissoau ones look pretty lifelike.
Speaker 1: But if you walked through this museum. Wouldn't you go, Okay, well, that's Taylor Swift with the bo I would not her boons are fake anyways, are they not.
Speaker 3: I don't think that she has implants, but I'm you know, I think she does it a made headlines, so that's why I put it on the next episode.
Speaker 13: I think they had to put this one up after they got a bunch of backlash for putting up a Shenad O'Connor a wax figure and the people got pissed about that.
Speaker 4: So they're not doing great with the public opinion right now.
Speaker 22: She's dead on the Boobtube.
Speaker 3: We have got more basketball baby, good luck to the Celtics, the Hornets, the Sons, and the Rockets. Have fun boys her season finale of Best Medicine on Fox, Daredevil Born Again on Disney Plus, and you can catch Oprah Winfrey, Uncle Bert, follow your Dreams of Me on Instagram at Sabrina Ambra, and most importantly say it with Me America Smoke.
Speaker 1: Sport. Johnson says, I think they were pulling this switcheroo at that festival. If his visa would have been granted, I think they would have still had the show. But now they're trying to save face and can't. I just don't understand the strategy there, Like usually you make your money off of ticket sales, going off of doing events and selling tickets myself, and usually that's where you make your money. And like, I get it. I get why some people will still be against Kanye performing and he's gonna have some problems still working his way in and getting people to forgive him and stuff and think that you know, he's like changed who he is and stuff.
Speaker 4: But if he can't get there and your country.
Speaker 1: Has said that he's not allowed to go to begin with, it seemed like an easy way around it. Like for everybody you can be like, all right, blame the country. The UK won't let him in, and that's that. Anyways, That's what I thought was weird about them canceling the whole festival where this Kanye West performance was going to happen.
Speaker 4: I will tell you, I didn't know this was going to happen.
Speaker 1: But on Saturday night, Friday, and I don't know what night it was, went out of nowhere. They started streaming on YouTube that Kanye show at Sofi Stadium in California. We watched the whole thing. It was amazing, like, it was a really really good show.
Speaker 3: Did you do Hal Hitler?
Speaker 1: No, he does not do any of that music. He did a lot of his hits. He did the Bully album, which is the number two album in the country right now, I guess, performed a bunch of the songs off of that, and then performed I forgot how many hits the guy has. He has more hits than I think almost ever anybody else. He had more songs just like Boom boom, but one after another after another where you're like, damn.
Speaker 4: Play any of them in full?
Speaker 13: Or was this typical of a rap concert where it's like verse chorus, next song, verse chorus, next song.
Speaker 1: He played a lot of them, pretty much the majority of the thing. I think sometimes they'll cut it a little bit short, but it was. It was the stage and everything was crazy cool. It was a really great performance and people, I guess are missing out on that at this UK event.
Speaker 4: Let us know what you think.
Speaker 1: Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com right now. When we come back, we'll get into your thoughts. Also, a very strange controversy as a bruin around Saturday Night Live.
Speaker 4: We have to talk about this.
Speaker 1: We've got more updates on a couple of controversies that have been floating around. I've got audio out of Tennessee that is so crazy you're not gonna believe it until I hit play and you hear it. Enter your ear drums. All that more coming up next. I'm going to use junk ye my inbox. The more this show spreads around, my inbox is filling up with more crazy than has ever been filling up with.
Speaker 4: I gotta tell you, I mean, I will show.
Speaker 1: You some of these some of the people emailing and like, somebody emailed me earlier and please don't shoot me to this person, please, I don't want to be shot. I got so much more to do. I'm just getting started here. I have so much more to do. This person send me an email about the contract stuff that somehow veered into Abraham Lincoln and assassination. All right, like four hundred questions. So I'm I'm on the receiving end of a lot of feedback at this point in time. And some of it's great. The vast majority of people are cool and awesome and support it and love the show, etc. Etc. And then you got some crazies and weirdos. Some of you live, I'll be honest with you, rent free in my head. Like one of the people this weekend who I saw posting Oliver with the social media discussion about the iHeart contract deal, somebody was mad and they go, I'll tell you why Iheart's not going to give the news CHUNKI a contract. It's because he doesn't promote the station enough. He doesn't promote the station enough, and that's why iHeart is not going to make a deal with him, and they won't give him any money moving forward. I'm like, I'm used to fan fiction. Well, what a weird line to draw in the sand, Like you're mad that I'm not giving the station enough promotion? That would make you happy if I did that. I don't know how to please some of you people. It's very very strange now. Some of you are just like political and then the political stuff makes you like nasty, angry weirdos.
Speaker 4: And that's fine, I get it. I want you to be happier.
Speaker 1: I want you to go out and you know, touch grass and enjoy the world and stop being such a miserable political pirate. But generally speaking, everybody was really, really nice and had a lot of nice things to say, and at least Craig is coherent. So Craig says thoughts, Shamba, I understand that the iHeart Corporation has requested your return to host the live show for the next two weeks. I'm concerned this maybe a precursor to seeking a replacement, or that your employment could be terminated it will. I believe Florida operates under an at will employment doctrine. Oh so true, So true, buddy, so true. I believe Florida operates under at will employment doctrine. And not only that, there's a lot of people in radio that think that they're protected by their contract. Another little secret. I'm the only one who would tell you all these secrets about the radio industry. Told you the secret about how there's no such thing as requests. I've told you a million different secrets over the years. If you hear prank calls on a radio show, they're fake. Not Oh you guys don't know. There's a show I listen to they still do the prank call. If you hear prank calls on a radio show, war are the roses.
Speaker 4: I don't care what.
Speaker 1: They call it. They're fake. The FCC does not allow you to do prank calls. You can't record people without their knowledge, and you can't record people and then tell them afterwards.
Speaker 4: So therefore, anything you hear where the.
Speaker 1: Person's pretending like they don't know that they're being recorded, it's fake they pay actors to or or it's illegal and somebody's just really going wild with it. Like podcasts will do that. Sometimes they'll still do prank calls. But the radio shows that you hear is fake. It's all fake. They think fake, fake, fake, they take right, but uh, tell you the real stuff and the fake stuff. One of the things that people often think in radio is like, oh, I have a contract. Your contract, in almost every case that I've ever seen in this industry in my entire career, protects the radio station. It doesn't protect you, all right, That's how a contract works, right, So even if you get a contract going, that doesn't mean anything about anything. All it means is that the radio stations protected. Then they can drag your ass in to do as many shows as you promise to do them. Herein is my problem. My problem is that I want to start burning days. If I can't make a deal, I don't want to have to come in here every day. But they made an agreement with me for the next two weeks, so I'll do that. I'm a professional, I'll abide by that and I'll follow the rules as best I can. But even if I did have a deal right now, it still would be at will. Just so you know, like if I signed a deal right now, it would still be at will, and they go, all right, whoo see you later, partner. Okay, Well that sucks, he says. On a serious note, I sincerely hope you achieve your desired terms, including the continued protection of the show. Thank you, Craig for the email, much much appreciated. Another person emails the show. Kay says, hey, Junkie, I first met Jack back in the Phillips File days. Jack is fifty nine years old today. Happy birthday, Bradshaw. He says, A bunch of people were emailing about that, so just in cases out there.
Speaker 4: Is in fact true.
Speaker 1: I looked it up on his Facebook page. Fifty nine.
Speaker 4: That's crazy to me. Honest to god, i'd clock him at.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try not to loob him up because it's his birthday or something, or I'm gonna try. I'm gonna try just to be nice about it and fair about it. I would clock Jack. He's our program director for those of you listening elsewhere at our base station in Orlando. I would clock Jack at probably forty seven. I think that's what I would guess, like I would I would if I had me and Jack lined up next to each other, I would think that we were maybe even close to the same age, like I really, he doesn't look anywhere near that old.
Speaker 4: It's good for him, you know, I don't know if he sold his.
Speaker 3: Soul or you know what what, I'm a pack of cigarettes. So you can finally start.
Speaker 1: Looking all right, Yeah, maybe as it'll catch up. Happy birthday, Yeah, Happy birthday, Jack Bradshaw. Lots of emails were coming across to say that, so we will see if anything else comes through. Weird that they would email us to say that, but well, I'm sure they'll email him too. It's easy and still right. It's just uh yeah, Colbert, it took the week off. I think Jack Jack Bradshaw working on his birthday, so be extra nice to him today. The text messages will probably still be the same as they always are. But you know, here we I want to tell you about this controversy because it's been so interesting to watch and people have very different takes when they hear the audio that I'm gonna play for you in just a moment. But there is an SNL cast member. I'm not mega familiar with her, but her name is Chloe Feineman.
Speaker 13: I was wondering when you said drama at SNL, I was wondering which which drama it was gonna be.
Speaker 4: This one's pretty good drama.
Speaker 3: Actually, she has a recognizable face. I mean, you've seen her in the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: She's been round to twenty nineteen, so she's been around for what this is like her seventh year on the show. Yeah, so that's all. I think. That's a while as far as SNL goes, it's not what's his name from Kean Peeal? You mean from Kennany cow Uh. Keenan has been on there for an absurd amount of time, which.
Speaker 4: Is like making SNL a career.
Speaker 1: He is like, nobody gets to do that, and Keenan does. And Keenan's funny. And I also tell you if you ever see an in your interview with Keenan from SNL, listen to it because he's got the juice man. The guy can tell you stories about working with like all the differ different generations of SNL, because he's been there for so long. He has so many good stories and he's pretty good at the storytelling side too, So like him.
Speaker 4: It's not about him, It's about this.
Speaker 1: Chloe Finneman a star of SNL and she's been around for seven years or so on the show, which strangely enough, is longer than the person at the center of this story was live for. When this all came to play, somebody said, why did they just let her keep talking? Why did they just let her keep talking? When she said this this was for a Vanity Fair video. And this is Chloe Fineman of SNL. This is what's got her in trouble here.
Speaker 8: It is you know, I was fired as a camp counselor for hitting on the camp pants a boy.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think you're on a list, so already you can see where this is goes She goes, I was fired as a camp counselor for pantsing a boy, I think is what the way she praised him. So she said, I was fired as a camp counsel for pants and a boy. Already. The people who are doing the interview with her are going, whoa wait, hold on, what are you doing.
Speaker 4: We're just getting started. Buckle up.
Speaker 16: It was wearing underpants, okay, and then a giant school bus drove by, and they were like, you can't because he would he would lift my shirt all the.
Speaker 1: Time, and it was ber how child. He was like six O. Caap a recap because I know some of you haven't necessarily followed along with all this. She was fired from her job as a camp counselor because she pulled down the pants of a six year old, I believe, she said. And this six year old didn't have any underwear on, and this six year old was exposed to a bus or something full of kids.
Speaker 4: And then she said, it's okay. He used to pull off my top too.
Speaker 3: Either way, it's both bad. But that's a strange little relationship.
Speaker 1: I'll go back, and I'll go back because I know there was a lot there all at one time. So let me let me go back to so we could see exactly what she said.
Speaker 8: No, I was fired as a camp counselor for hitting on the camp is no pants A boy pants money.
Speaker 1: I think you're on a list, and.
Speaker 16: He wasn't wearing underpants, and then a giant school bus drove by, and they were like, you can't because he would he would lift my shirt all the time.
Speaker 6: What is happen?
Speaker 4: It was Berkeley?
Speaker 1: How old was I?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 4: How she said it was Berkeley?
Speaker 3: And then everyone's like, oh, next question.
Speaker 1: She's going She's going on and on and on, and this guy goes, how old was the child that was at the center of all of it?
Speaker 22: He was like six, No, it was a different time.
Speaker 8: Like he would he would be like, hey, can I hug And I'd go to hug him, and he like lift my shirt like a dick.
Speaker 1: And then I was like, I'm going to get.
Speaker 3: Back at you.
Speaker 23: And so we were on a high and I was like, Ollie, go look over there, it's a hawk. And then I yanked his pants down. He wasn't wearing underwear. His little dingling was out. And then these two twins were.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, I didn't really didn't wear I wear and then I then I was fired. She said so a lot there. Now I know somebody said, oh, well she must have been younger or something. I forgot how old she said she was. She was sixteen. She was sixteen, okay, so like she was old enough to know a little bit better at the time.
Speaker 4: If that's old she was. She was sixteen years old.
Speaker 1: The kid was six. He was taken off her top. She started panting him. He didn't have any underwear on. She pants him in front of a couple other kids, and then she debuted, what is in the center of all this? I'll have to tell you a fantastic cartoon voice.
Speaker 3: Two different ones. She played the twins and the six year old as a former camp castler for many many years. Never ever did we find in those situations.
Speaker 4: I think that's probably good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: I think even when she was a counselor, there was probably some moments, just like her SNL co cast members where it is stopped talking no more. How dare you that she.
Speaker 1: Has kept going? She kept layering stuff on. Again, this is Chloe Fyneman from SNL. She's been around in for a while.
Speaker 13: I don't understand why she thought the story wouldn't be as big of a deal.
Speaker 3: So what does she reveal because that was all typed out right, so she had given the answers already, is that they're all sticking.
Speaker 1: No. I think the card just has a question on it. It says, well, it says what job was I hired and fired from? And bonus, why was I fired? And she's answering the question for this Vanity Fair YouTube video and she just drops this bomb, and somebody said, big deal, why does anybody care? What you a pedophile? Why does anybody care? Because it's weird and wildly inappropriate and probably not something anybody should be talking about in the way that she's kind of flippantly talking about it. Yeah, like it's probably even if she was sixteen years old. Somebody says, it's a bit, Well, what a what a dumb bit? What a what a bad idea to go in that direction. This happens every once in a while. I think the same thing kind of happened with the Lena Dunham or something where Lena Dunham she told some story one time about how she had a little sister and she would, uh, she was like putting rocks inside of her genital area and it's like a whole I forgot the details of that story, But there was another one of these things just like this, where it comes up and then the person says the thing, and then everybody else goes, what and they don't think it's that weird, Like maybe you've encountered this at some point in time, maybe you had somebody admit to a thing to a group of people and they say it out loud, and you go, you just said that, like it was way more normal than it is. Like you you drop that bombshell, like I thought it was going and going way crazier than then they made it.
Speaker 4: And like I could go back, I could go back to so many.
Speaker 1: Parts of it. I could be like, hey, Chloe of SNL fame, just to go back to the beginning part.
Speaker 4: He used to take off your top a six year.
Speaker 1: Old, and and then it was being a dick. So you got back on a bit very very weird, degenerate weirdos on on the TJ Shadow.
Speaker 3: She gets asked this question again next year. I'm sure she'll have another story.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm sure she's answering a lot of questions right now. There are people who want are fired and stuff, which I think is stupid. It's like, what what she did as.
Speaker 4: A camp counselor? Is she already got fired? That was the whole point of the conversation.
Speaker 7: You know you can't.
Speaker 4: It would be ludicrous to fire her for having been fired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean, and I don't know how much of a push there is to try to get her fired from sn L in particular. I think that's dumb, just like I think it's dumb when they try to fire everybody else for every dumb reason. But it's also super weird to just drop that so nonchalantly.
Speaker 13: I didn't know because there was other stuff about SNL over the weekend that it's it's always the same thing. It's always some Donald Trump joke that nobody.
Speaker 1: Liked, and it was like an assassination joke or something.
Speaker 4: Ford Theater kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, And so I didn't know if that's the one you were going with or if it was the Chloe Fineman thing. But yeah, that, uh, call for her job for this is kind of silly. Also, she's learning her lesson that probably definitely shouldn't be telling this story anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she I think she knows, like, well, now was a strange one to throw out there right now. Maybe I shouldn't do that.
Speaker 3: Five bucks, says the kid who is now twenty something is going to come out and share his side of the story could be.
Speaker 1: All I know is there was not only that story, and not only the story. Ceiliing said, there was another SNL story. Did you see this one? This one caught me off guard because I don't even remember what the controversy was about.
Speaker 4: But the headline I saw said.
Speaker 1: UK Saturday Night Live controversy, and I said, U K Saturday Night Live.
Speaker 4: They their second episode, Yeah, they just started.
Speaker 1: Oh did they really know this? They already are founding finding themselves a controversy. I didn't even know this was real.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Tina Fey hosted the very first episode and they no way, Yeah they that says Saturday Night I have UK has lost the best part of one hundred thousand viewers since its premiere, ratings dropped by forty two percent.
Speaker 4: For rhyzam D hosted episode three.
Speaker 13: Uh yeah, I mean they're they built like a whole other snl'. I read somewhere that they might be spending upwards of three million in episode I've only seen Tina Fey's monologue.
Speaker 4: I haven't actually watched the bad now that there was a joke on that one too.
Speaker 1: You can look it up.
Speaker 13: A backlash over crude joke referencing Mark Zuckerberg and Adolf Hitler not allowed to joke about.
Speaker 1: I would like to hear the Hitler joke before.
Speaker 4: Are too sensitive?
Speaker 3: Remember they can curse in the UK though.
Speaker 11: I like that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they did, They do curse on the show. The remark aired during the show's weekend update segment. We're co host Anya Magliano reference reports at zucker Build Zuckerberg is building a bunker under his California compound. She said, it's been revealed that meta billionaire Mark Zuckerberg is building a bunker under his compound in California, and I hope he uses that bunker in exactly the same way Hitler did.
Speaker 1: That's right, you know, it's amazing what they There's things that they'll get upset about.
Speaker 4: In the UK, they got upset about Kanye stuff.
Speaker 1: He's apologized and that apparently doesn't ruffle as many feathers. I guess. So there's the people dwindling in the audience. But that may have been before this joke. Oh what when somebody said something that I wanted to fact check on real quick because they were talking about the Kanye Show, which I said, we watched the stream of it, and the stage was amazing. It was a really cool show. It's like a very great show. And I was stunned by how many hits that dude has and just watch a performance that long. And somebody on chat said that Kanye West at the Sofi performance that he did forty five songs. It was forty four or forty five, forty four or forty five songs, which, if that's the truth, that's crazy, Like that is that's a lot of songs. Number one, some of them were from the new album. Some people that know him quite as much. Some of them he repeated, oh yeah, yeah, because it was it was doing one song and I think it was doing all of the lights. He stopped at one point and redid it. There was kind of like bits where he would the crowd would be really really into it and so he would restart it. It made sense in the overall streme of the show.
Speaker 13: Forty four listed songs on the set list of the show from over the weekend.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: And then somebody said, well, Taylor Swift played forty something songs. I'm like, yeah, but Taylor Swift is top tier as far as somebody who has that many hits like Taylor Swift. There are very few people that have as many hit songs as a Taylor Swift does. He may be up in that category. The Beatles are up in that category. There's only so many people. I don't think Beyonce has near that many hits, but there's so many of these, these these people that just play shows now with that's forty four songs.
Speaker 4: My god, I think it was like two and a half hours long.
Speaker 1: Anyhow, we'll get to your thoughts on this and also talking about cursing. I've got something for you. It could be the end of the show as we know it, but it shouldn't be. It shouldn't be. I'll play it for you. That is coming up next. I'm going to use Junkie you know another thing I saw and I've got some fake news to tackle here in a moment. And of course in Jury Duty there is there is an incredibly strange piece of audio that I want to play for you in Jury Duty that if you didn't hear it, you probably wouldn't believe it. But let me cross a couple of things off the list here, and one is there's been a lot of drama because when a show is leaving. It's not the usual case that the person gets like this big long goodbye.
Speaker 4: It happens very rarely.
Speaker 1: Usually the show will just be like canceled out of the blue, and then you don't hear from them anymore. But Stephen Colbert, the show is not pulling in enough money, it's not pulling enough viewers. Late Night is kind of like it feels like that's done. It feels like that experiment has run its course. And perhaps some of these people will do other things and they'll be on streaming platforms with a different type of show, or they'll do a show maybe just on YouTube. I don't know. I don't even know what I'm going to be doing. How do I know what they're going to be doing in a couple of months? Right, So Stephen Colbert has had this ride where they have said, look, it ain't working, but you have until I think May.
Speaker 4: Look up what Stephen Colbert's last day is.
Speaker 1: I think it's May. Let's a little over a month or something, I believe, but I have I don't. I don't know exactly. But he's got this time and he's got all these people coming in fawning over him and ask that's good. Go ahead, do your thing.
Speaker 13: May twenty first would be the last final episode of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.
Speaker 4: All Right, this is what's got me on this.
Speaker 1: They have just announced what's going to replace Stephen Colbert, and it's it's weird.
Speaker 3: It's not late night.
Speaker 1: It's well, it's going to be on it late night talk show.
Speaker 3: Late night is what I meant.
Speaker 1: Well, it's kind of I'll explain here. It's it's a little weird. So here's what this story says. It says this is who it's filling Colbert's CBS time slot. It says Byron Allen has bought a two hour late night block and will sell CBS's ad time. He bought it, so broke that show. Yeah, basically, yeah, hold on, let me bring up the source article on this, The Hollywood Reporter. It says CBS sets Late Show with Stephen Colbert replacement Byron Allen's comics unleashed. The show, currently airing at twelve thirty five am, will move up an hour the day after Stephen Colbert signs off. He says, after the Late Show Stephen Colbert ends as in one day after, CBS will usher in its next era of late night programming, the network will air Comics Unleashed with Byron Allen. I have never heard of this until today, Like, I've literally never heard anybody talking about it.
Speaker 4: I think I'd heard the name, but I've definitely never watched it.
Speaker 1: Comics Unleashed with Byron Allen will be in the eleven thirty five PM slot beginning May twenty second, followed by another Allen produced series, a comedy game show called Funny You Should Ask at twelve thirty five. The late show will sign off on May twenty first. Comics Unleashed has been airing in the later spot this season and also air during the twenty twenty three Writers and Actors Strikes. Notably especially for CB his bottom line, Alan is buying the time from the network to air the two shows with his company Alan Media Group. He'll be selling the available ad spots in the two hours, and the change will likely see CBS turn up profit in late night for the first time in a long time. I would guess, so two things are weird about this. One I didn't know that this guy was out there doing his thing, and two he wants to buy broker that's what they call it. In radio, if you're doing like advertisements, you do a show and it's like an advertisement. It's called broker programming. Mostly it's on the weekends. Some radio stations will do it at night different times. They'll sell time to somebody and it'll be what sounds like a show, but it's.
Speaker 4: An advertisement for whatever. So this guy's going to be doing that.
Speaker 1: He's buying these two hours from CBS replacing Stephen Colbert. He's going to put his own shows on there, and then he's going to sell his own ads in that space.
Speaker 4: Which is he paying for the time slot he's in now?
Speaker 13: I mean has comments unleashed and it's current time flot always been a broker show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm not showing the budget though.
Speaker 1: Dwayne on YouTube says Byron Allen is an entertainment beast hughes att huge influence, and then somebody says, yeah, this is embarrassing for the news junkie, buddy, you are in La La land. If you think the average person has any clue who this guy is, Okay, you could have like this could be zoned into you and like you know who this guy is. Well, let's just throw it to chat chat. Anybody heard of this guy before? Yes or no? Go ahead, just give us a yes or no. If you've ever heard of this guy in his show before, well it's been it could be, it could have been on for over a decade. But I'm telling you, the average person has no idea who this guy is. No one, no regular person knows what this guy is doing or what's going on. So it's very interesting that this guy is not only doing this, but he's buying the time from CBS. Now, get ready to get hit in the face with five thousand people who have never heard of this person before. So you can realize that you're the outlier here.
Speaker 3: So not me trying to look him up. I do not recognize his face. But when they have on your like standard first page of Google search, it's other frequently frequently asked questions, what was his allegations or how much did he get from McDonald's. Did you hear about this?
Speaker 4: No, he sued McDonald's for something.
Speaker 3: He sued McDonald's and in a confidential settlement, it gave him upwards of ten billion dollars, which sounds insane.
Speaker 4: He filed for ten billion.
Speaker 3: But they settled at some point, so maybe not ten billion.
Speaker 1: But find out what he sued McDonald's for.
Speaker 3: This guy is kind of but he's got the budget for taking over Colberrett's.
Speaker 1: See if he got some big McDonald's lawsuit money, then he could do whatever the hell he wants.
Speaker 3: See the link is going to Instagram, so I don't trust it.
Speaker 13: So all the way, I'm on his Wikipedia page. First of all, his picture is not on it, so I still don't know what he looks like. And so if you if your argument in chat is that he's this big, huge guy and we should be embarrassed not to know anything about him, he should be important enough to have his own picture on his Wikipedia page.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, there is just no question about this. Most people have no idea who this guy is. This you're an outlier if you have. But the lawsuit against McDonald's. In twenty twenty, Oney filed a ten billion dollar lawsuit through his company, Allen Media Group, alleging the McDonald's Hamburger chain discriminated against black owned media companies in its TV advertising budget.
Speaker 4: Yeah you can suit for that.
Speaker 13: Allen's suit alleged the practice of buying ad time on media outlets the target black viewers, was discriminatory because those purchases were made from a budget set aside for what the complaint described as the African American tier of outlets, and was damaging to black media owners because that tear had more limited funds available than the general.
Speaker 1: Tier used for broader audiences. Okay, and then he wins in the lawsuit.
Speaker 4: It was settled out of court in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that it's a maybe McDonald's thinks this this isn't a good look. Right here, he says he created and launch comics on leash twenty years ago. So my fellow comedians gond have a platform to do what we all love, make people laugh. He's the chairman and CEO of Alan Media. I truly appreciate CBS's confidence in me by picking up our two hour comedy block of comics on lease and funny. You should add, well, I mean about that, does CBS really have a whole bunch of confidence in either They sold it to you, They said, hey, would you like to buy this time that Stephen Colbert used to be on We'll sell it now. Maybe he could sell it and maybe he makes a bunch of money if he does. Good for him, get your bag, man, But he said, let me be clear. If they're looking for a show, my hand is already up. He said this in October of twenty twenty five, two and a half months after CBS announced it was ending The Late Show fifty years. I've been waiting for this moment. Definitely, I'm going for it. You know what's really crazy about that? That means one of these shows that was like top tier, all right, when you go back to the Tonight Show, the Late Show, you know, all these like top tier, unbelievable levels of late night programming, is now somebody bought their way in to hosting that spot. That would have been unthinkable, Like I never would have thought that would be paid programming in one of those slots. But maybe it does better. And CBS goes, hey, we don't care. We're getting money from this guy. We ain't making any money with a Stephen Colbert show. There's somebody staffords. It costs us a ton of money. If this guy can sell his own stuff, he'll be good to go, and we'll be good to go, and everybody wins.
Speaker 4: But let us know what you think.
Speaker 1: That's what they're saying CBS is setting the show that's going to replace the Late Show and Stephen Colbert, and it's gonna be this guy who's paying for the time like he's paying for the the airing of the programming a prepaid content, and then he's going to sell it on his own. Kind of an interesting story. Let us know your thoughts. Send your dispatcher thenewsjunkie dot com quick break when we come back jury duty. And as I said, I've got a couple of fake news stories and knocked out before that. But one is some audio that you want hundred percent will not believe if you're not here to hear this, And I'm gonna play this for you and then we can all say if we think this person was weird. I think I'll have one hundred percent of you on board. But who knows?
Speaker 4: Who knows?
Speaker 1: That's coming up next in the news chunk Key Kanye West. We're talking about the concerts and talking about the music festival canceling themselves. I guess they canceled the music festival that Kanye was supposed to perform at. He got denied a visa to perform in the UK, et cetera, et cetera, and somebody sent over. Kanye West has written over six hundred songs. We're talking about how many performed at that Sofi show in Las Vegas. Over six hundred songs and he has one hundred and forty or more singles, So that's what I'm saying. Like watching that, I go like, there's some Kanye songs that I really think are some of the best rap songs ever recorded, like legitimately on a on a high level. Blood on the Leaves is maybe maybe. And I'm not huge into the genre of rap, but I do like all sorts of music and I do know a lot about music, and Blood on the Leaves I think is maybe one of my favorite rap songs like that I've ever heard. And hearing him perform that, I go, oh, that's pretty cool. And then he just kept going. It was like more and more, and he's like, damn, all right, get to understand a little bit of what was happening here. If it wasn't for all that Nazi stuff, you know, maybe'd be per performing over.
Speaker 4: In the UK.
Speaker 1: But I wanted to play this because I tease it, I'll do this before Jerry Duty. It was getting weird this weekend. It just drop it. By the way, I want the FCC to just drop it. Just drop it. Okay, this idea that we still need to worry about saying some bad words. You let everybody else do it, you know, many control over the cable people. The president's typing out f bombs over the weekend. They're all cursing. Why are we stuck over here in radio land in this weird world where we're treated like children?
Speaker 4: And this is like the public broadcast.
Speaker 1: Airwaves, when anybody else can just do whatever the hell they want on the Internet or beyond. It's kind of outdated, if you ask me. But I've got enough problems in enough fights. I don't really need to get into it with them. However, I'll play this for you. Here's CNM no longer.
Speaker 24: He has just threatened Iran in extraordinary graphic terms, giving the Iranian regime just over a day to either make a deal, reopen the strait of horror moves, or face hell. If your children are watching, be warned the president did not use polite language.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 24: Tuesday will be power plant Day and bridge Day, all wrapped up and won in Iran. There will be nothing like it. Open the straight, you crazy bastards, or you'll be living baster Just watch. We should know that destroying civilian power infrastructure is generally considered to constitute a war crime under international law, though the president could argue that the infrastructure has dual use and also is utilized by Iran's military.
Speaker 1: See, I don't give you the full picture, and this could be a war crime, although they would say they're giving you all all the sides and angles. He just look at look at the graphic on the screen. For those of you watching this, just have f bob. Just on the graphics on standon screen. Let's drop this whole pretense. People have changed their views. Somebody says, happy Easter. Yeah. Uh, people have changed their views I think to some extent on how they feel about cursing.
Speaker 4: Maybe you agree, maybe you disagree.
Speaker 1: Let me know. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 4: Here we go, let's do it. Let's do jury duty.
Speaker 24: Court is now in session, So put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass.
Speaker 1: Your knowing jury duty with the News Junkie. Jury Duty brought to you by the one the only mode wit of the deut Law firm. Injured on the go, Just Callmo eight hundred Calmo is the number that's right, eight hundred Calmo or go to Justcalmo dot com. After an accident, you need to reach out, maybe after McDonald's has done something in nefarious to you. Got to reach out and get a little bit of the attorney love that Moses can rain down on you when your case comes across his desk. He is unbelievable at this and I want you to reach out after an accident eight hundred Callmo or just Calmo dot com. Okay, let's do this one. Because I was I was kicking this around and teasing this. This is such an absolutely weird story that I got to play this for you. I don't know that you would believe it. This was something that went down at a Tennessee school board hearing, I believe. And I've got Channel four in uh where was this WSMV. This is in Tennessee, all right, and I'm pretty sure they're gonna play the clip of what happened here. Let me go back here to the beginning of the report. Make sure everything plays correctly.
Speaker 12: Here we go Summer like more September like September is typically are dry as you want to count second wettest.
Speaker 3: That warming trend takes us into the eighties.
Speaker 1: By this weekend.
Speaker 3: We'll touch this clip just like yesterday carbon copy. We stay dry through this week.
Speaker 1: Okay, we won't let me start this video at the beginning. Hang on, let me let me try to hit this through this weekend.
Speaker 3: Okay, next week, don't.
Speaker 1: All right, there's two different thing explaining. All right, I've got it. Now. Here's the report. They put them on top of each other for some reason. Here's a report about some of these station websites are just infuriating. So many auto plays, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: But here they go buzzing news this morning and East Tennessee.
Speaker 16: A clip from Washington County school board meeting now has been raising red flag.
Speaker 12: A school board member's comment tortoise, wait for it is causing some concerns.
Speaker 1: Listen to this, all right, just so you know, she said. A school board members comment towards a student. Oh all right, a school board birst comment towards a student. Got what a crocket? I'll go back, he said.
Speaker 3: Washington County, God, You're heart now has been raising red flag.
Speaker 12: A school board member's comment towards a student is causing some concerns.
Speaker 1: Listen to this crocket.
Speaker 25: There was a comment meant to be I guess complimentary about a board member, but that has certainly been.
Speaker 1: Been determined not to be.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's what after some consideration.
Speaker 3: That's not a board member, it's a student. Because you've also followed up with where do you go to school at?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That for me, you know, that's a high school student.
Speaker 1: He said, God, you're hot, and his follow up was what school do you attend?
Speaker 4: It wasn't like you could be like, God, you're hot.
Speaker 1: What are you?
Speaker 11: Are?
Speaker 1: You an adult who's married and you've got a whole life and you're now twenty seven years old, so I can say that and it won't be as weird.
Speaker 4: No, he goes, God, you're hot, and then he follows it up.
Speaker 1: With what school do you go to?
Speaker 4: He went to the Chloe Fineman school of keep talking and see what happens?
Speaker 1: Excuse me, everybody's so creepy. What's going on?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 20: What that?
Speaker 1: Heps out?
Speaker 3: And that was the guy who was just speaking, Like was the guy who made the comment.
Speaker 1: That's another guy on the panel. What's funny is that I'll go back to his comments because he's trying to go like it looks like some people, you know, they didn't, they didn't necessarily like this.
Speaker 25: There was a comment meant to be I guess a complimentary by a board member, but that has certainly been.
Speaker 1: Been determined not to be.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well you could understand what he was saying in that original comment, calling that girl hot. The student was there to research different schools present her findings to the school board. The school superintendent says, because the student was not an immediate danger, they kept that meeting going and then say that that member's comments are unacceptable.
Speaker 4: As a member of the school board.
Speaker 23: He is responsible for our children's health and welfare and safety.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he's a member of the school board.
Speaker 9: And a.
Speaker 1: Student comes up and he goes, God, you're hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what high school do you go to? Again that I know that you're in high school?
Speaker 1: Well, is there more like you at this school? I should have had a teacher, not just on the board. It's like, this is why I did this, This is why I wanted to be on the school board.
Speaker 3: This poor girl like did her research. She was there to present something after doing some hard work and whatever it was I forgot and that's the first thing he says.
Speaker 1: So she was presenting towards the board and it was like an issue that she took seriously.
Speaker 4: And then that was his response.
Speaker 1: His response, there's more to it, but I mean that's basically the gist of the comment there.
Speaker 3: Did anyone call him out during the meeting.
Speaker 4: Or I don't think so.
Speaker 23: No.
Speaker 1: Let me see, Wow, everything is playing all at the same time for the fourth time if I pause, this is this.
Speaker 4: The actual hearing itself?
Speaker 1: Until No, I'm just gonna but it's it's a bad page anyhow, he says, God, you're hot. What do we think? Is that totally normal stuff?
Speaker 23: No?
Speaker 4: I know, maybe there might be some people in chat still defending this, like I.
Speaker 3: Don't think I could fix it.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's totally fine, totally normal stuff.
Speaker 4: Gee, what's the big deal? Quick break?
Speaker 1: When we come back, we still have the Savannah Guthrie updates getting weird over there to get into. I've got clips galore, more NASA stuff and so much more, and it's.
Speaker 4: All coming up next on the news Junkie.
Speaker 1: We'll get to your dispatches and emails and all the rest in a moment. A burd nerd on TJ Chat says at the News Junkie, have you watched the new documentary on Netflix about the murder of Mariah Wilson. Sad story, but well done, I think, Riah Wilson, this is the bike rider lady.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, and I mean it was well done. Quite sad thought to get ready for that.
Speaker 1: The interesting thing for me was I've never had a review kicked out from under me so fast.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 1: We woke up the next morning, Courtey and I watched that on Saturday night. If you don't know, there was a woman who was an incredibly good athlete, and she was one of the top cyclists in the world right like she was just blowing away the competition.
Speaker 4: She was incredible.
Speaker 1: Her life was about it, like she was dedicated to it, one of those types of people. And she got caught up in a situation and ended up getting murdered by this jealous woman. And so I'm watching it, and I watched the beginning, and the beginning's all about her career and they're trying to show that this woman was very impressive, and I go, yeah, and then at the end they kind of seemed to YadA YadA by the murder, and then they just got to the end where the woman who was accused of murdering this woman Mariah Wilson in this Netflix documentary, she was on the run and she tried to change her appearance and do all sorts of stuff to make herself look like somebody else.
Speaker 4: I won't give away.
Speaker 3: Too much of it, but I have so many questions just with that portion of it.
Speaker 1: Well, I had a lot of questions when I woke up, because I said, it felt like they just talked about this woman being a beast in the bike riding world, and then they just fast forwarded to the end and they talked about the woman being arrested. And Courtney goes, you fell asleep. Oh uh, well that makes she goes, I left you alone. You fell asleep on top of a lady on the couch. You just like popped sleep on top of the dog.
Speaker 14: Is lady next to me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she survived somehow. She was she was next to me. And I guess I just kind of slid off and went into a slumber and then came back to and I and in my mind, I know, the beginning was pretty good and the end was okay, but I feel like they didn't spend enough time on the murder part. And she goes, you were sleeping, like, oh, okay, well, I take that back. I will not be reviewing that movie.
Speaker 3: You did miss the good part. As far as how much this woman snapped.
Speaker 1: Oh, I saw the video of her driving around the neighbor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also did not know that our infotainment has that information.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: I mean I saw the beginning and end.
Speaker 1: And as far as the beginning and end of the Mariah Wilson document Entery on Netflix, burd nerd. I will say the beginning and end was pretty good. But it turns out much as I thought I did. I did not see the middle part, and Courtney was like it was good.
Speaker 13: So she like, you didn't realize that, Courtney disappeared haveway into the uh the program.
Speaker 3: I love the idea of you waking up like, I can't believe they didn't cover any of the murder stuff.
Speaker 1: No. I did it the next morning, and I did the next morning because I remembered the movie the documentary ending, and then after it ended, she goes, you want to go lay down, I'm like, yeah, it's late. It's like one thirty or something. Let's go lay down.
Speaker 4: And we went into the room. We went to lay down. And then the next morning I go.
Speaker 1: You know, it was good, but it felt like it was missing something. It's like, you know, like it was pretty interesting and there was a story there somewhere, but something was missing. And she's like, you're an idiot.
Speaker 3: Well we're here with weekend watches. I say to you, Sean, we've gone another week without Steve dying.
Speaker 1: Oh thank god.
Speaker 3: Whenever you're ready, I mean, I'll keep updating you. Maybe we'll get through the all season. You guys will watch because I think you will really enjoy it.
Speaker 4: I like him. I like Steve Carrell. I heard that Rooster is good.
Speaker 1: He does die on all of the things that he's in, and it's brutal when whenever he dies. But I have heard good things. I haven't heard a lot. Yeah, what's what is it on Apple?
Speaker 4: Or HBO? Hbo? Okay, why don't even ask?
Speaker 1: Apple has barely anything anyhow, Let's see, here's got.
Speaker 4: Plenty of things.
Speaker 3: It just came out. It's coming up.
Speaker 1: I always go over to Apple and I go, what do you got? You guys still doing this morning show? Thing and watched that in years and years and years or f one.
Speaker 3: Number one movie has been this whole time.
Speaker 13: Apple's The Morning Show. They just said that what's his nuts is going to be in it. Jeff Daniels okay, which is which is weird because if if he plays a character that like does the news, it's a weird kind of like retelling or not retelling, but it's it's weirdly similar.
Speaker 4: To what his role was in Newsroom.
Speaker 1: Mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take it anymore. Yeah, that was that was from Newsroom, Right, I believe something I shouldn't. Shouldn't get that one wrong.
Speaker 4: Anyhow, I have some fake news for you.
Speaker 1: Which for that, right, I beg you, Frank A. McDonald, I do have a fake news alert for you. There was a lot of fake news while I was gone. One thing was that Trump was dead. And I'll tell you, I think this is definitely a Twitter problem for sure. A little secret about me. I made a burner account for x Twitter whatever. You get the point, because I was like, I don't want to be on this account. What if I want to post a comment about something and I don't want it to be under the news Junkie, and I made a burner account and it was under it was like some string of numbers in David Junconian or something, which was the name from the New York Post fake story that I seated with them that's still up on the New York Post dot com about the coronavirus and the cruise. And so I used this and then I created it, and then I never actually used it. I never logged in, really. I think I maybe logged in once or twice something, but I never really logged in. But it would get push notifications on this burner account that I set up, and the push notifications were interesting because I didn't follow anybody, right. So on my account, the News Junkie, I follow all sorts of people, and I followed for breaking news updates and I that's how I learned a lot of stuff before almost anybody else is talking about it. But on this other account, this burner account that I created, I didn't follow anybody all right. I just wanted to have it so I could search for some things, check some things out. And I had to delete it. I had to delete the account and abandon it, even though I was never using it, because I was getting push notifications that I think they're just pushing out to every random user, and it would be like Trump debt three or four of them this weekend. They were like Trump's dead, and the White House had to deny a lot of these rumors. There was rumors that Trump was hospitalized at Walter Reid. There were half a million searches on Google for Trump, Walter Reed, and Trump hospital. There was a bunch of grifters over on the social media platforms. They're like, He'm dying, dying. They go from my post after post about like Trump dying to then it comes out that he wasn't actually dying, and they just move on to the next thing, which is just that's what happens with the political people and the grifters and stuff. That's what happens. You get something so unbelievably wrong, you were so loud about it, so dumb and dumb, long and dumb, wrong and loud at its at it's just the most ultimate example where you say that the president died and then nobody ever backtracks or apologizes or anything.
Speaker 4: So that was one of the stories.
Speaker 1: The other one I guess that's been going around today that the White House has just denied kind of kind of just as shocking in another way. But let me bring up their response to this.
Speaker 13: Threads also does the thing where you'll get notifications about stuff even though you don't necessarily follow the person or whatever, and they've gone to meming this now, so the reaction, like the comments are like just memes that say I'm only here because I got this as a notification, and they're just over and over and over again.
Speaker 4: And is it is it just random stuff or is it political stuff? Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
Speaker 3: Once I click Threads, it's always first comment, like I'm just here for the comments. I'm just here watching everyone rip this person apart.
Speaker 1: And I don't care about threads or definitely not that Blue Sky one that all the crazy people went to. And it's just they're like Twitter's a hell whole and then that place as a hellhole too. It's like you just meane another hell hell it's just a left wing hell hole instead of a right wing hellhole.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, look what you did.
Speaker 19: Uh?
Speaker 1: And that place is I don't want to go over there. The Threads thing I don't really want to go to, but I I don't know what kind of voodoo they cook up over at Instagram. They will get my ass to click the little threads things that are in the Instagram feed. It'll be like, oh my god, did you see on this television show. I couldn't believe it went all the time, and.
Speaker 3: I'm like, wow, it's a perfect thumbnail. It's that the threads teasers and the Amazon targeted ads. I'm like, I don't need that, but boy, am Ike clicking and putting on my wish list.
Speaker 1: They are doing some good work getting people to hit that button there sometimes.
Speaker 3: Do you hear that Instagram?
Speaker 1: The other piece of fake news was I guess the White House is now denying this. According to AFP or the a Jons font Press or whatever the AFP one of the big news wires, the White House is denying issuing a denial that they are considering using nuclear.
Speaker 4: Weapons in Iran, which.
Speaker 1: I'm news so the Iranians. We are not considering using nukes on Iran, is the message on the Rani in front. That's about how well things have gone over the weekend and Easter week and all of that. On the on the front of Iran. We haven't had any real changes there other than they found that second pilot when I told you that there was a downed plane.
Speaker 4: The Iranians had down the plane.
Speaker 1: And I told you that they rescued the first pilot during the show, I think on Friday, and then the second pilot was on the move. They rescued the second pilot and like the most incredible rescue mission you could have ever heard of. The guy. At first it was broad daylight, so we had to try to strip everything off of him because he had parachuted down and he had to try to hide in this neighborhood but it's broad daylight. Then he sneaks through and gets up onto this mountain side and they have these beacons that they have that they care with them, and the beacon shows the US Armed Forces where the person is.
Speaker 3: It was quite far away from where he crashed, right he.
Speaker 1: Made He made a decent distance from where he was and he's hiding out in the mountains for like over two days, and the US forces were seating fake information with the Iranians, so they thought that the guy had been moved somewhere else. There was like a cat and mouse game going on. Unbelievable. The guy was pretty badly wounded. I guess they scooped in and grabbed this dude and then destroyed at least a couple of planes and a couple of choppers on the way out because they didn't want the Iranians to get their choppers and planes that they left behind. But they they got that guy a lot. It wasn't cheap on account of the choppers and the planes and you know, blowing them up ourselves. But just absolutely crazy. It'll be a movie, I'm sure at some point in time. Here's one of the clips I wanted to play for you. Let's go back to space if you don't mind. I have to tell you I have a growing amount of respect for the members of this Artemis two crew. They all seem like really solid people, very professional.
Speaker 3: And they love each other.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: They spent a lot of time together for the last three years.
Speaker 1: They have to good Yeah. And the woman who calls herself to the plumber of the mission, she's been trying to fix this damn toilet that's been such a pain in the ass for them. She's got great media presence. She's very funny and clever. The guys seem really nice, even the Canadian guys seems super nice, like they seem like a really great bunch of people, great examples for the world. Even with these idiots, I see a couple of people doing interviews and trying to bait them in to fight with the president or whatever. They are handling themselves in an incredibly professional way. Very good representatives of NASA, the United States and our space program for sure. And they're even taking to doing interviews with young kids. Kids are getting to interview the astronauts as they're flying around at twenty five thousand miles an hour. Those are probably some real soft questions. They do a really great job. Here's one of the examples. Wonder do you still see stars in outer space?
Speaker 4: You see stars in outer space?
Speaker 3: You can google it.
Speaker 4: Got a little delay. We already told you about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was actually just talking to my crewmates about that today.
Speaker 20: I've definitely seen stars in outer space, and I was saying, I haven't as many as I thought I would, So read.
Speaker 4: The hands of mic over to the read guy.
Speaker 20: We have so much illumination from the Sun, on the Moon and the Earth right now, it's it is hard at times to see stars. Just like when you walk out in the daytime you see a blue sky, but no stars. We look outside and we see the black space.
Speaker 1: I know the microphone is actually pretty good, Like I have definitely heard radio broadcasts with a lower quality than what I'm hearing out of space. And he's on a wireless microphone going back to mission control to be poured it over to wherever to talk to these kids.
Speaker 13: And imagine how annoying it would be if it were a wired microphone. They're floating around, but it's still stuck to stuff.
Speaker 3: As long as they sure logo is very much well.
Speaker 1: I mean, they're floating around here, they're answering questions, they are professional, they are awesome.
Speaker 20: Actually, tonight we're going to be pointed into deep space and we're going to turn out all the lights in the spacecraft for the first time on the mission. And if you give yourself about twenty or thirty minutes, we do this all the time on the International Space Station. Christina and I just have great fond memories of this. You'll start to see the stars, and if you give it enough time, you we'll see so many stars. It's hard to see the constellations because there are so many.
Speaker 1: Whys out there.
Speaker 20: And the coolest part of those stars is they do not twinkle at all. They are just perfect. They almost look just perfect pinpricks of light.
Speaker 1: It sounds like he's cursing. He's not minor drop outs here and there. I watched this second.
Speaker 3: I thought those stars were supposed to be named if you paid money.
Speaker 1: I see Christina with her hair floating up in the air right because they're in zero G here. I see these guys just kind of bopping around, and they they couldn't seem more calm, they really could. They could not seem more calm about what they're doing. And I think these are people who in their core are just built different than I am. This is what they love to do. They are like so excited to be doing this, and you can tell, like you could tell this is something that that thrills them. That's why this artimist tu mission is so cool. There was so much discussion at our easter about this. So many people were kind of brought together. And in past years there's been people who have brought up politics or something. They're like, again, please God, don't bring up this. Don't bring up politics.
Speaker 4: Oh somebody brought up COVID vaccines at my easter.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what is there something bringing that back into the headlines.
Speaker 4: I don't remember, you.
Speaker 1: Know, it was Jackson, that's the kyway.
Speaker 13: I don't know if part of the conversation was like asking if the boy is vaccinated.
Speaker 4: But you know, it spiraled from there.
Speaker 1: It's not great to do that, but it was really interesting to hear all the people agree and talk about the space program and there are still things that bring us together. Now, this is one of the reasons why I like talking about this because it triggers a very particular sect of you. And those people who I think who get triggered by the NASA talk are the very political people. You are the people who are the only thing you think about is politics, and anger just runs through your veins because you want to find the next thing to get angry about, and you're fired up on this, and then you can't deal with a story like this because it's just it's a nice story. It's a nice story about people accomplishing amazing things, and you don't care. A many years has it not like yeah, but you don't care about whether these people are Republicans or Democrats. These are Americans in a Canadian well mostly Americans, going along on what is just an absolutely mind blowingly cool thing. So it's kind of a red flag. Kind of a red flag when people get triggered by this, at least to me. But let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Okay, quick break, I've got a grab bag segment when we come back, a lot of different clips to get into, and a little more on the NASA front. I got some Savannah Guthrie updates that are very surprising to me, a bunch of random stuff. We'll get to it all. It's coming up next in the News Junkie reach out of the show. Go over to the news Junkie dot com, send your emails and all that good stuff. I'll get into some of that here in a moment. I guess Savannah Guthrie returned to the Today's Show, which has got to be so weird. I mean, I know they try to march her in like nothing was wrong, and they're like, here she is our friend, Savannah Guthrie.
Speaker 23: And.
Speaker 1: All she must be thinking about is like, well, my mom is definitely dead. Now so much time has passed. This stupid sheriff has screwed us all over. At any shot of like putting our family back together, and then they just they bring her out there. She is back on the Today's Show. Gotta go back to work eventually, the posters of her and her mom. Yeah, it's weird because you just have to You just have to jump in. If you're in a crazy position like her, you got to just jump in. Jump in because a while is going to pass and everybody's gonna go, I'm sorry, how are you doing? Like it's gonna be weird for a while.
Speaker 3: Now, Riddle me this, would you rather the outside shot that we just saw with the crowd and the signs, some of which had pictures of her and her missing.
Speaker 13: More of her missing mother on one of the signs is wild it's a choice or.
Speaker 3: In studio where it's like, Okay, we're going to talk about this for the next few segments and then we do the fun wacky stuff.
Speaker 1: They kind of did both a little bit because then they got her in there and she just went right to the news, professional broadcasting, doing what what she does and getting back.
Speaker 4: Into the swing of things.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 4: These signs are so beautiful? Can you guys have been so beautiful? I received so many letters, so much.
Speaker 1: Kindness to she has the I think it's Jenna Bush. I believe who's next to her here in the coat, and she is very much like holding on to her hand and kind of guiding her around. Maybe she said like, look, I need somebody to lean on here a little bit. For the first day. Broadcasting already can be something where things distract you. I got a million distractions going on. You've heard me bitching about all this stuff. Sometimes it's hard to just stay on the path and continue to do a show that people will like focus on it and think about the content you're putting forward other than the other things going on in your mind. What I'm talking about is is a one on a scale where she's at a fourteen and it's a it's a lot, but she's she's out there doing her thing. And then, strangely enough, right after this, TMZ is like, well, hold on, we got another ransom. Now I will share a little bit of news with you.
Speaker 26: The person who has been incessantly contacting us, Okay, stop for a while, stop for a while. We got another letter today from this person and same days she came back. I know where her body is and who the kidnapper is. Give us, give me half a bitcoin and I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: Bro at this yeah, like at this point, like you're really just you're you're trying to go, well, let's capitalize on Savannah Guthrie being back this crazy person.
Speaker 4: They know this person doesn't know where her body is, yet.
Speaker 3: They're still saying to share it. You'll have enough resources and budget to figure out who the crazy person is, yet we're still going to share it.
Speaker 1: And the crazy thing is they were kind of winning over some people with targeting the politicians during the government shutdown, because people hate politicians, and they were kind of winning over some people by doing that, and this is right back to it, like that's gross.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 1: Like if I strapped Harvey Levin down to a board and I put a couple bamboo shoots underneath his fingernails, and I hooked some electricity up to his body and started ratcheting it up a little bit, and I said, Harvey Levin, tell me, do you believe that this person has anything to do with Savannah Guthrie's mom's disappearance. I guarant to you, I bet everything that I have in that situation. He would go no, absolutely not, I know and no, like in his core, I know he does not believe this person has anything to do with this. I know that he doesn't believe that this person knows anything about where Savannah Guthrie's mom is. But yet they just do this crap over and even on the day when she comes back to work, which seems honestly pretty scummy. Just it does to me.
Speaker 4: I can't forget him that Carson dal is on that show.
Speaker 1: Yeah he is. Yeah, forget that he was just hanging out there with the rest of the crew. It's been so long since I've watched any of that stuff, honest to god. Yeah, I haven't tuned into any of the morning shows like Good Morning America, Today Show, what's the other one? This morning? CBS This Morning? I said, the View him, the View.
Speaker 4: Morning Joe.
Speaker 1: That's the ones. The broadcast ones are like they've been at each other's new throats for a very long time. And I guess they must kind of be in an odd position here because I don't really want to go after the Today Show for this. That would be a bad look, I think. But all right, lots of emails coming in. Let's see some emails about Stephen Colbert. Doesn't he have the top rated viewership for late night TV. I don't think so. I don't know about the demos and stuff. I thought it was Jimmy Kimmel. But the point is none of them are doing very well. Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, Stephen Colbert. These shows used to bring in because there was much less competition and there was an appetite for these late night shows. They used to bring in eight, ten, twelve million people a night, and they're heyday much more than that. If you go back to like Johnny Carson seel and look up Johnny Carson average viewers or something like that. I mean, back in the day, there wasn't a lot of things for people to turn to, so a show like that just it dominated. And I say, you hear stories about Johnny Carson making comedians career, right, it's just one appearance. This says.
Speaker 13: As of early twenty twenty six, CBS, the Late Show with Stephen Colbert consistently maintains the highest overall viewership in the traditional eleven thirty five PM late night slot, averaging two point four to two point five million viewers.
Speaker 1: But Fox News maybe he is one in that slot.
Speaker 13: Then Gutfeld frequently dominates total viewership across all late night programming, including cable at ten PM.
Speaker 4: Often it's often exceeding three million viewers. Old gut Yeah, yeah, I've heard people say this, and if I bring this up, they'll.
Speaker 1: Go Gutfield's got a bigger audience, and all of them on Fox News. But I'm not going to lie to you. I just view that as fundamentally different. I think that's a different kind of program I think all of the programs are going to be more like Gutfield than they have for the last handful of years. They're all they're so political, they all have the same exact opinions on everything. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 13: Carson everage between ten and fifteen million nightly viewers. That has peaked, some estimates reaching seventeen million.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 13: See my final show in nineteen ninety two drew an estimated fifty to fifty five million viewers at that.
Speaker 1: Super Bowl levels, a viewership that they would get at that time. And I don't hold your emails. I understand there was less competition. Cable television wasn't quite as big at that point. It's pretty early and on that lots of different things.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 1: I get it. I think the biggest problem of all of this is that everybody who has one of these shows has the same exact, carbon copy opinion.
Speaker 4: And if you're a regular person wandering around.
Speaker 1: You know that that doesn't make any sense, like for everybody to just fall in line on the with the same opinions on stuff.
Speaker 4: I remember going to a I went to a political rally one time.
Speaker 1: This was when I was probably twenty Okay, I think I was about twenty years old, and I went to a political rally and I remember the person on stage starting to like riff through all of their things and here's how we feel about abortion, and here's how we feel about marijuana, and here's how we feel and everybody's like yeah, yeah, yeah, And I'm like, how could all of these people have the same exact opinions on all of these things. They're so wildly different all the topics that we're talking about, But when you get into this arena, everybody has the same opinion. And that is one billion percent true with Hollywood and entertainment, there's like the acceptable one opinion. I think that kind of killed everything a little bit, and I think overall, people just don't watch television live at night anymore. They watch stuff on demand whenever they want. They watch the programs they want to watch. They have things that they like to watch that make them laugh, that entertain them. They have YouTube channels that they probably enjoy like other people home.
Speaker 13: I used to watch as a younger person those shows live all the time, and I'll tell you what, as soon as they were over, it was Sville. I mean just the content that came on at like twelve thirty five.
Speaker 3: About cheeters and blind dates.
Speaker 4: Those are fun sometimes, but sometimes there was others.
Speaker 1: Hello, Cheaters was a legendary program.
Speaker 3: Some of that was that's when I was watching it at eight years old.
Speaker 1: Not supposed to be watching that as a kid. That was. That was one of those things where they're like, hey, this this program is absolute for adults. It's on so late, no kids could be watching. Yeah a lot of time. A lot of times they were all right, we'll be back in just a moment. When we come backward to the final dispatches, stories that didn't make the cut, and today learn to wrap everything up for a share the show Tuesday that is coming up next in the news, Chunky, I don't know how long I'm here for but I'm here for now and where we're at. Just so you know, if you're just tuning in, is I had a conversation, You're a pretty decent conversation, I guess with the suits at iHeart. This morning at nine pm, I had prepared stuff to do a show just in case I wasn't really I'm sorry to say, nine am, I had prepared stuff to do the show just in case I wasn't really planning on doing it. And then I was going to continue on with the strategy of just taking off all my vacation days. However, I still would have had to come back at some point because the amount of days that are left and the deal that's been struck at the moment is we're about fifty percent there. That's what they say. I don't know if we're quite fifty percent, but they say, look, look, here's what we're going to do. Let's put this on ice for a couple of weeks and come in and do the next two weeks, and then we'll have a big meeting that'll be sort of our final meeting, and we'll sort all this out. We don't have to drag this out any further. And I said Okay, I'll be a team player, at least to that extent.
Speaker 4: And so for the next two weeks, I'll put.
Speaker 1: My head down, get the shows done, have fun, and then we'll where it ends after that. But that way, it doesn't go to the finish line, or it's not a whole. Maybe it does.
Speaker 4: I have no idea, but I do know after that, I will take all the.
Speaker 1: Days that I have banked in a row and just get out here as fast as I can, because I want to get onto.
Speaker 9: The next thing.
Speaker 4: If I'm not doing this, and I mean to be clear, I will be doing the show.
Speaker 1: It's just about where I will be doing the show and how the show will look and all of those kind of things. And I don't know the answer to that question. If I could give you more information, I would, but I'm telling you what I know as of now. Right now, what we got to do is maybe the final dispatches. I think we got enough time for a couple, so he's on the final dispatches, but Sean will probably only play we Go, Have I played any I've played any at all? Oh, these are the first dispatches, first and final, Everybody First and Final Dispatches and here.
Speaker 4: Well, that's a long one.
Speaker 1: That is a long one. I can't and on time for that. I will instead do this. Here is.
Speaker 4: Somebody, Jay Ryan, with a dispatch about the Easter bunny. Hey junkies, Hey, hope you guys are having a great day, you too. I think the only thing that would make the Easter.
Speaker 9: Bunny clip better is that the Easter bunny was doing sign language, but as someone that sneaks into a speech who doesn't know sign language, and so he's just making all of these hand.
Speaker 4: Gestures having to do with Iran.
Speaker 1: Not only we like that.
Speaker 9: That would be the only thing that would make that clip better.
Speaker 1: They were pretty appic, ays is, But thank you Jay Ryan. It was a good time. Here's people talking about the Easter egg hunts, and I said, it seems like everybody just as the plastic eggs full of money.
Speaker 2: Now, hey junkies, Hey you so uh yeah, guys. I die of the eggs with my daughter, and that's how I was raised. We died the night before. And you know, then you go out and you hide them outside and you find all the eggs. You just try to make sure to account for all of the eggs in the crate that way. You know, you don't have a rotten egg out there and you're mowing the yard one day and that thing to.
Speaker 1: Spiders everywhere smell gross.
Speaker 4: But my daughter loved it. She loves finding the eggs.
Speaker 2: We did go to a big family event and it was all plastic eggs and some of them were filled with but money, which is something I never got to experience.
Speaker 1: That's the thing now. And I told you the little kids for the Easter what we were doing at Cordy's parents' house.
Speaker 4: One of them comes back and she was she's a great kid.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying anything against her, but she's like, oh, only got seventeen dollars, that's wild. And her mom goes, so.
Speaker 4: Only the only and she goes, yeah, they got they got thirty dollars.
Speaker 3: Do you get for tooth for the tooth under the pillow?
Speaker 1: I don't know, because it's so what the inflation is through her.
Speaker 3: One dollar if not quarters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it might be changed at least. We always everything is.
Speaker 3: Like this, Well, he's an only child, and maybe it's not his fault, it's her parents fault having more than one.
Speaker 1: No, No, I blame him.
Speaker 4: I blame him, and I'm raising another terrorist only child.
Speaker 1: Uh point, he's going, he's going with Jackson.
Speaker 4: He uh well.
Speaker 13: We had planned on there being two other children at the the Easter egg hunt, but their parents made other plans. They had to go do a family thing, so we but we bought enough eggs for three kids, so Jackson just had all of them, all of them.
Speaker 1: But I would be worried about the egg.
Speaker 13: Outside going rotten because I just know that there's critters in my backyard.
Speaker 4: That thing would get eaten.
Speaker 1: You know what, you know, I'm a little jealous of Jackson. Is the greatest secret weapon when somebody that you know, like let's say Amy Kaufel has a birthday, and like, it's unfair, it's unfair that you get to pull out that secret weapon and you go, Jackson, all right, here's what I want you to do. Just say happy birthday, Amy Kawfell, and then jacksonol, happy birthday, Happy birthday Amy.
Speaker 4: Gobbwell and is adorable.
Speaker 1: And then like we could have said at that moment, I could have set a wall of text. Amy Coffel, It's been so good to work with you over the years. You're such a profession I did have done a whole thing, and then Jackson will go happy birthday and be golf out and she'd go, oh my god.
Speaker 4: I love Jackson exactly what she said, Exactly what she said.
Speaker 13: Her reply, Oh my goodness, Jackson, I love him.
Speaker 4: Thank you. It's like you didn't even text.
Speaker 1: It's like.
Speaker 6: Just right by me.
Speaker 1: Ah that the thing you just said was so much more adorable than the other thing. I like.
Speaker 27: I took my phone over to Ash, I go look at this. When no one owned him, I absolutely owned it. All right, Let's get the hell out of here. Hold on, stories, did you make the cause there anything o the tease that we didn't do? I think we hit pretty much everything that we needed to there. But yeah, that'll that'll do it for today. Let's get out of here. Let's do today.
Speaker 1: I learned the following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ, So don't get cocky.
Speaker 6: It's what we call.
Speaker 1: It is today learn for a Tuesday, April seventh, twenty twenty six, four seven Day by the way, on four oh seven day Worth mentioning that the rapper offset I guess was shot at the hard Rock Casino and in Hollywood, Florida.
Speaker 3: Please wait until you see his first picture since being shot.
Speaker 4: Boy is where did she snuck out of the hospital to smoke?
Speaker 1: Is that his gown? Is he smoking weed on the gown there? Oh? My god?
Speaker 25: He is?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 23: God?
Speaker 4: All right, Well, he likes he likes his marijuana.
Speaker 3: I guess I learned for a Tuesday, the oldest lot of.
Speaker 1: A lot of stoners out there.
Speaker 4: Today learned for a Tuesday. April seven, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Today learned this band right here, band or song name, will be fine, and you gotta grito that's right, and I gotta da beata. I had to get this short version because the long version's quite long, folks, Just so you know, it's I think seventeen minutes longer.
Speaker 4: It's quite a long song.
Speaker 1: The Annagottadavida song was recorded on a whim during a soundtrack check when the singer was drunken high and was slurring his words. This song ended up lasting seventeen minutes and it was decided good to go in one take. They kept it that way worked out for the band, I guess. And finally today learned this guy right here.
Speaker 4: Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 1: That's right, bru Springsteen. His mother would rent him guitars for six dollars a week in nineteen fifty seven. Springsteen bought his first guitar as a teenager in nineteen sixty.
Speaker 4: Four for eighteen dollars.
Speaker 1: Later on, his mother would take out a loan to buy him a sixty dollars guitar.
Speaker 4: Now he's got plenty of them. I think doing pretty good and still counts.
Speaker 1: Jack Bradshaw on his birthday Bday, big fan of old Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, Frank and I with us. We do appreciate it.
Speaker 1: We're back tomorrow, same time, the same place. Misiting of the show. Get the podcast over at the Newsjunkie dot com. We'll see you next time. Everybody the things out you don't know.
Speaker 4: I can take you.
Speaker 11: Huh o.
Speaker 7: My funer