Speaker 1: Count down to twenty twenty six with our purple talkback Twalkback I don't know where that was Talkback Tuesday on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Just hit the red mic icon in thirty seconds or last. Tell us what your favorite Vikings moment from twenty twenty five was.
Speaker 1: Whens We picked all day. Full details at KFE dot com. Keyword contests.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Zecho, Welcome back, pat morning.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 5: We get Marzo, we got Johnny Bones, we got Maxo, we had Zach So and my name is Chrisucky.
Speaker 2: We're here a.
Speaker 3: Hey Maxo, Hey, what's good, Huck? You saw Marty Supreme?
Speaker 4: I did the latest Timothy challemet Flick twenty four Flick. I think it's amazing. I think it's incredible. I think it's the best.
Speaker 3: What in the sweet hell is it about?
Speaker 4: And we were just talking about this that he's done such an amazing job of promoting this movie. I mean, he's been on top of the sphere. He's on YouTube, sketch comedy shows, he's on the traditional late night circuit. He made a rap song with a UK rapper that people thought was him. I mean, he's been absolutely everywhere. And I was so hyped to see this movie that I didn't even realize until the lights were dimming in the theater.
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't know what the hell this movie's about is.
Speaker 4: I don't know anything about it besides that it's a dude that plays ping pong and just vaguely it's kind of it's about this guy, Marty, who thinks he's the best ping.
Speaker 2: Pong player in the world table tennis player in the world.
Speaker 4: He's got the skills kind of to back it up, but he just hasn't really had the platform to prove that. And it's about him trying to raise money to get to a tournament in Japan. And it's made by Benny Safti. Safty Brothers are the same people they made Uncut Gems, they made Good Times with Robert Pattinson, And if you've ever seen either of those two movies, this has that same frenetic, kinetic kind of pace where everything leads to the next thing, to the next thing, and it's like a disaster.
Speaker 2: Everything is a disaster.
Speaker 4: You know, you're trying to pull off the impossible, and a lot of times in the movie the impossible is pulled off. But in these movies it's like, no, it's going to lead to a disaster and it's going to ruin pretty much everybody around you's life. So like, it's just it has that same kind of chaotic pace where really the ping pong is about one percent of the movie. It starts off and it feels like it's going to be more like a sports but you know, bio pick, but it's it turns into way more of an Uncut Gems kind of movie, filled with you know, betrayal and crime and lust and desire and and all types of stuff in violence too.
Speaker 2: Arrey Cleman sawt over the weekend. We talked about it over the weekend. He he saw it with another guy and two women, and the two guys thought it was one of the better movies they've ever seen. And both women were like one one was like, I just made me tense the whole time. The other one was like, I just hated it, just hated it. So I don't know, maybe take that for what it's worth. Yeah, that's I'm not see I've not yet seen that. I actually haven't seen Nine Cut Gems, which I feel stupid.
Speaker 4: It's such it's such a good movie, but yeah, it has that same pace where you're like, how is he going to.
Speaker 2: Pull this off? How? Why? Why is he being so recklessly pursuing a goal that could trash everybody around?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's it. That's what the whole movie is about.
Speaker 4: It was like, it's his ambition ultimately kind of like being destructive for written him in those around him. So it's an incredible movie. And I see why Timothy Salamey went on this crazy promotional tour, because he has every right to feel as proud as anybody. It's the best performance from a male actor I've seen all year. I would say, wow, Yeah, I would say it's either him or Leo for the Oscar.
Speaker 2: For me, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 6: Max.
Speaker 7: You mentioned the marketing at the start of your analysis here. I don't know how the NBA gets involved with movies, but that's how I heard about this movie. I have not seen a trailer, I've not seen any previews, but I have seen players with their walk in outfits, multiple with Marty Supreme, yeah, on a big sweatshirt or a jacket. And after the Nicks won the NBA Cup, there was a video on Karl Anthony Town's Instagram where someone is holding like his phone and videoing him in the locker room and he's kind of getting his stuff together and someone's like Kat.
Speaker 6: Who just called you to wish you congratulations? And he's like, Marty Supreme.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 6: And I did not at that time know it was a movie.
Speaker 7: I was like, Marty Supreme and why am I seeing him everywhere?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, Timo.
Speaker 4: Timothy Child is a diehard Knicks fan as well, Like he followed them all throughout the playoffs every single Yeah, he even had Kylie.
Speaker 2: You know, he's dating Kylie Jenner.
Speaker 4: She was at like Nicks versus Pistons in Detroit with him because he's like a die hard Knicks fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's He's really cool with Anthony Edwards.
Speaker 4: Anthony Edwards had his own award show earlier in the year and Timothy Shalla made one White Boy of the Year.
Speaker 2: Very prescient by any who could argue with it. Now the movie came out, he really was the White Boy of the Year and it was one hundred correct on that.
Speaker 4: So yeah, he gave he gave Anthony Edwards a Marty Supreme jacket, and even that's become like a kind of sought after fashion item because you can't just buy. It's not just like regular mar genius market.
Speaker 2: It really, it really is.
Speaker 4: He even gave one to Susan Boyle. If you guys remember the old Susan Boyle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they asked him.
Speaker 4: He was on a radio show in London and they're like, which Brits would you give a Marty Supreme jacket too? And he's like so and so, so and so, and he's like and Susan Boyle because she dreamed bigger than all of us. And then like two weeks later she made a video with the Marty Supreme jacket saying Merry Christmas or Happy Birthday something at Timothy Salad Market.
Speaker 6: You're using Karl Anthony Towns and Susan Boyle. That's your marketing strategy.
Speaker 2: Genius it is, and climb the top of the sphere.
Speaker 3: I didn't even win White Boy the year.
Speaker 2: You did it.
Speaker 3: You did it my award so hot, Thank you, buy, thank you.
Speaker 1: There's always twenty twenty Subscriber of the Year, Subscriber of the Year from Times.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Marts, sorry Marty.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 7: I have no idea, but I assume it is something.
Speaker 2: How many subscriptions do you have from Brady, Well, so I got to keep that thing going.
Speaker 7: Somebody, is it a branch of BBW, there's some.
Speaker 3: Of that going on.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, it's a bank, it's a whole truck.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right, that's right, that's right. Anyway, so that's happening. And now we go into this.
Speaker 1: It's time for Fan five on the Power Trip, presented by Builders and Remodelers.
Speaker 5: Thank you builders and remodelers at builders fromers dot com. So shall we take a look at the playoff picture as we speak for the NFL playoffs or do you want to give you want to give any other scorches real quick?
Speaker 1: Before Wild and Wolves both one, as did the Golpher men's basketball team, as did the Golfer women's basketball team. It was just a wonderful night team USA one in the World Juniors. A lot of games tomorrow Hawks versus Wolves at two on the Wolves channel, and I are Radio Wild and Sharks at three right here on the fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I love afternoon games on a holiday.
Speaker 2: Yea the best serious yeah sorry, followed the five o'clock game for the US Juniors, right, yes, we will join that one in progress.
Speaker 1: I will be United States and Sweden tomorrow after the wild they are done and Kevin Fallness is done.
Speaker 2: Who's hosting for Common today? At from my agree? Is that right?
Speaker 1: And he said in his tweet that I on the guest list.
Speaker 2: I don't. I've not gotten any sort of text about that.
Speaker 6: All that's presumptuous.
Speaker 1: I just just assuming that I would say, yes, I don't. I don't know, man, I'm gonna be pretty busy today, Kevin.
Speaker 3: Ladies and John.
Speaker 5: In the AFC, we're pretty much said, there's one playoff spot available as we speak.
Speaker 3: That would be the fourth seed.
Speaker 5: In the AFC, And by the way, the fourth seed in the NFC is still up for grabs as well. So there's one spot available in the NFC, one in the AFC right now. Your number one seed in the AFC the Denver Broncos, who are thirteen and three. Wow, I know they played versus Kansas.
Speaker 3: City this week. Obviously Kansas City out of the playoffs. The Patriots are number two.
Speaker 5: They are also, by the way, thirteen and three, and they play the New York Jets this so both those games matter not at all, right.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: The Jaguars, believe it or not, are twelve and four. What the hell happened there? Trevor Lawns.
Speaker 2: He's been incredible.
Speaker 6: Did he just figure it out?
Speaker 7: I think he has three four I don't know how many years has he been in the league. Yeah, four or five people, but that's a that's a pretty big sample size to say he's not going to figure it out. I mean, and we are thinking after six, eight games or whatever, we want an answer about JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: And they took this guy four years?
Speaker 2: You got it right?
Speaker 3: Did you? Did you look at Matt Zach can't even he's crying so hard right now. You just finded this guy which one?
Speaker 7: Heyj JJ, I didn't say he didn't figure it out? When I say you defeated him, Oh, I thought you. Okay, our guy, my guy.
Speaker 2: You can have him on the weekends all right, every other weekend?
Speaker 3: Cool Jaguars they play the Colts and what's the dude the name Ryan Philip Rivers?
Speaker 5: Philip Rivers, Ryan Leif that's my problem anyway? The Jaguars this week they're the number three again, as I said, the fourth seeds up for grabs. We're talking about end the man the fifth seed right now, f right now in the f se eleven and five Houston.
Speaker 2: Texans, Man, they're really good.
Speaker 5: They play versus the Los Angeles Chargers this week. The Chargers, by the way, are the sixth seed in the FC right now, and as I just said, they play versus Houston this week. They're eleven and five. The Bills are your seventh seed, and they are eleven and five and they play versus Philly this week.
Speaker 4: Whoa. So if the the playoffs stay stand pat, the standing stand pat, then we're going to get a third Bills in Patriots matchup.
Speaker 3: In round one?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: How crazy is that?
Speaker 2: That's going to be grease. That's fun.
Speaker 4: And if the Bears don't, the Bears are not going to get the number one seed, right they are not, and the Packers are that we could get a Bears package.
Speaker 3: It's almost sure that it's going to be a Bears package. Tree matter. But we'll talk more about that in a moment over the AFC. In the hunt right now.
Speaker 5: If the season ended today, the Steelers would be the fourth seed. But it does not, and the Steelers play Wait a minute, this is week seventeen. Aren't you going to weekend?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Steelers Ravens, Yeah, Steels play the Ravens yet, so.
Speaker 2: That will be Sunday.
Speaker 3: Whoever wins will be the fourth seat exactly right. Yeah, So for some reason this says that they they played the the Browns, but the Steels played the Browns last so this hasn't it that? So this hasn't updated on the NFL dot com, thanks a lot of NFL dot com. That's the number one seed over in over in the NFC of our spot here the Seahawks, man, the thirteen.
Speaker 2: And three ow crazy?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: They played Carolina in week seventeen, No they don't. That was Week seventeen, San Francisco. San Francisco this week, and the winner is the number one seed.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: That's what I meant.
Speaker 2: The loser is the number five seed.
Speaker 3: Thank you. That's it right there.
Speaker 2: Kind of similar to the Vikings last year.
Speaker 3: And the Seahawks.
Speaker 2: It might be the number six five seed.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, forty nine Ers are the five seed right now, but right they're so sneaky, man, how about that? So Seahawks Bears, Eagles. Then the fourth seed yet to be determined, so we talked about could be the Panthers. Then you got the forty nine ers the Rams and the Packers. So it looks like right now it could be the Packers versus the Bears playing in the Round one of the playoffs.
Speaker 2: That would be so I think, I think the Bears. I think if the Bears lose and the Eagles win, Eagles would move up to the number two spot. The Bears win this weekend. If the Bears win, the Bears are number two seed. Eagles are number three. If the Bears lose and the Eagles win, the Eagles are not the number two seed, Bears are number three. Right then we would have Eagles Packers, the Packers not part of because the Eagles have bounced the Packers every year, every year.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The Bears last on that crazy shootout of a game, Yes, yeah, Caleb Williams and he was just.
Speaker 6: Scrambling and looking for.
Speaker 2: Very dramatic We kept their shots the number one seed alive.
Speaker 4: But against all odds, the Bears are the most exciting team in the NFL. It's crazy Caleb Williams is. I'm not saying he's as good, but he basically has assumed the Patrick Mahomes early Russell Wilson roll, Lamar Jackson roll where it's like you watch this guy. Literally, anything could happen any single play, like good or.
Speaker 2: Bad in any single play. Yeah, right, right, last second, Yeah, it could be a disaster or right. Yeah.
Speaker 7: So is this his second Yeah that he was then at last year rookie So okay, so see how far he came from rookie year to second year.
Speaker 2: To talk about it.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm just looking for so proud yeah, because he was on the field of Yet you're right, you're.
Speaker 3: Right, just gonna be proud. I'm just so proud of.
Speaker 2: Uh So.
Speaker 5: Again, the playoffs do not start today, but if they did, these would be the matchup. So again, this is a first round by we'd go to the Broncos and the Seahawks if it started today, but it does not.
Speaker 3: We have a lot to be determined this week.
Speaker 5: If the playoffs started today, it'd be the Bills at the Patriots, the Chargers at the Jaguars.
Speaker 3: That's a long way to travel.
Speaker 2: Well, and they had that.
Speaker 4: Wasn't that a year or two ago that the Jaguars blew like a twenty eight point lead against the Chargers or was it the other I think they played in the playoffs and one of I think the Jaguars Blue, like a very significant lead against the.
Speaker 2: Last year the Chargers was when there was a year or two later and everybody was just wondering, he's really a quarterback?
Speaker 5: And again, the Texans would be at the Steelers f the playoffs started today over in the NFC, if the playoff started today, of course the Seahawks, as I said, would have the first round. By it would be the Packers at the Bears. It would be the Rams at the Eagles.
Speaker 2: Rim. I know, I'm the Eagles. I did not want you know, that's a different subscription.
Speaker 5: And uh, by the way, La Rims are spinners. And the forty nine Ers would play at the Panthers. Again I always I know that the it would appear that the forty nine Ers are a substantially better team than the Panthers. But traveling that far to play a playoff game, right, that's the longest, a long way across.
Speaker 4: Country, a scrappy team. I beat the Rams earlier this season, so they can they can do the damn thing.
Speaker 7: And that would be the old three our time difference that is often talked about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so excited for the playoffs.
Speaker 5: I am too, man, I hate to wish the regular season way, but it's pretty much over now, so let's go. I mean, we got one good weekend left and there's some games that do matter. But as of right now, by the way, the Giants are three and thirteen over in the AFC. The Las Vegas Raiders are two and fourteen.
Speaker 2: Because off a loss. I know, they pulled off a loss on Sunday.
Speaker 5: Both New York teams, the Jets are three and thirteen and the Giants are three and thirteen. Yeah, that stadium hasn't seen good football a long time.
Speaker 2: Long as has not.
Speaker 5: And our beloved Minnesota Vikings are eight and eight and in eighth place, one spot outside the playoffs and will not make it crazy. So it got a little jumbled there, But that is your NFL playoff picture. And again, fun, fun games to be had, and just like always, you're gonna be sitting on your couch at some point going this is why the NFL is the best. Yeah, this is why the NFL is This sport at truly America sport right now.
Speaker 2: Plus we've got college football playoffs that we've got. How about playoffs can be up a lot sooner than that, right, We start tomorrow night with Ohio State. How about that Ohio State trying to and then we got what through the other three games are all in New Year's Day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we got.
Speaker 5: Let me see here, Cotton Bowl, Ohio State versus number ten Miami. That's a six thirty on Wednesday. That's Eastern time probably so fight thirty probably our time right now. Miami plus nine and a half h it's a lot.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 5: Then we got over the Orange Bowl. We had number four Texas Tech versus Oregon.
Speaker 2: What what fall? This is? Texta me? Hey, I forgot to ask today you get.
Speaker 5: We have the Rose Bowl with Bama at number one Indiana I should say, I guess it's Indiana versus Alabama at the Rose Bowl. And then of course you've got uh, Georgia versus Old Miss and the Sugar Bowl.
Speaker 3: That's the College Football playoff pictures.
Speaker 6: Well those teams right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah eight?
Speaker 6: So then yeah four and then the Championship.
Speaker 7: Now are all those matchups that you just listed for the most part, do all of those teams have all of their players? Meaning if anyone oh moving on, oh yeah, they're not. They're not leaving a good team. And somebody didn't lose their quarterback.
Speaker 2: Correct, because they because they're a draft eligible No. I think for the playoffs it's a little different. Stories, Yes, for the.
Speaker 7: Agreed, I have stories like that because the rest of the bowl games have been decimated by right, Yeah, of course, you know, missing fifteen players.
Speaker 1: What are we super part of the reason for that is the system, because people basically say, well, what's what's the point of any of these bowl games? If we have a college football playoff and if you don't make the playoffs, what's the point of playing?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 2: Like if the Vikings were.
Speaker 1: Invited to go play at a baseball field.
Speaker 2: And in Houston, in Houston to buy you buy careful?
Speaker 3: So anyway, that's what's going on in sports, right.
Speaker 2: Big ten kicking butt right now? In those bowl games too, I think we're five and oh so far.
Speaker 3: You got Oregon, Indiana and three of them, three of them.
Speaker 2: Still in the playoffs. And then I think there's a couple more like Nebraska's playing tomorrow. I will play in Vegas for words.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, man, I like the I agree that a lot of these ball games are pointless, but I like the pomp and circumstance and spectacle of some of them like the Halo one, like the Xbox one was the guy from Halo and the freaking Warthog from Halo coming out and giving the award or the Pop Tart one is always good.
Speaker 2: The feature thing about the Wolves game was reading social media about the Pop Tart Bull.
Speaker 3: People love the Pop Guard Bowl.
Speaker 1: They do everything. They're crazy on it. Even if you're the rate ball, which was the rate ball, thank you first one.
Speaker 2: You want to be at the other one? Yeah, but what was that? A housing rate?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 1: What is the rate needs to be guaranteed? So I don't know, I don't know what you do in that. Maybe I don't know. You put a fake house on there and the team get away a house.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But like they're the future of these bowl games are going to be those gimmicks that, yes, make you laugh and make you realize that sports are fun.
Speaker 7: The Potato Bowl at the end they dumped French fries out of the gatorade head coach.
Speaker 1: And we all remember the Male Bowl. Was there a Snoop Dog Bowl this week?
Speaker 2: There was one. He caught the opening kickoff.
Speaker 4: He was doing an interview, Yes Zone in the Snooped just mid interview.
Speaker 3: And it should be noted everything's coming up Snoop.
Speaker 2: The kickoff didn't go out of bounds. It was still in the end zone.
Speaker 1: I was going to be a touchback because they you know on college, just let the ballure. He went into the end zone because he can, because he Snooped Dog.
Speaker 2: And it was just the world. And he went into the end.
Speaker 1: Zone and caught the damn kickoff and then he got kicked out his own bowl. Yeah tell me probably if anybody else you can't kick Snoop.
Speaker 6: It is a world that's incredible.
Speaker 5: We're living inside Snoop Dogg's dream, which is that's a good place to be outfit.
Speaker 7: Alone on that Christmas Day performance, just yeah, electric red cloak.
Speaker 2: As many people pointed out him wearing red. It was pretty notable.
Speaker 4: Right decades after he was introduced to us as a Crip gang member.
Speaker 1: Just another to the list of like you if you were to tell Snoop his future y years ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah point, like he would have went away forever and now he's friends with Martha Stewart is introducing his halftime performance on Netflix at a halftime of a football game.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you guys were listening to the pregame shore Not. But I asked Abigail if she would be fine with Martha Stewart being her stepmom. Have you ever seen a twenty three year old get embarrassed?
Speaker 6: She I'll tell you what. Martha Stewart has aged wonderful. She's wonderful, gorgeous.
Speaker 7: Yeah, in her eighties, right, she really gotta be eighty.
Speaker 3: I have to ask you guys a question. I'm gonna tell him my mic. It might be cool. Okay, my MIC's going off.
Speaker 6: Eight eighty four.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean? Right, you know what I mean? Has has that aged twelve?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Why did you turn the mic off? Yeah? That doesn't seem like so you need to do well. No, if you're gonna say that.
Speaker 4: As that age, she served more time, So the.
Speaker 3: Question, Marny, I think she looks probably great everywhere.
Speaker 6: Yes to prison too.
Speaker 2: She served more times. She did, oh Martha, and I heard she ran the place.
Speaker 3: I loved that show.
Speaker 7: The first season of the show was good, phenomenal, and then it went took a note the the Taren Manning what was her what was her.
Speaker 6: Character's name? Shoot, pens Pensatucky, Pennsyltucky.
Speaker 7: Oh, my gosh, she is Peyton and Eli Manning's first cousin in real life.
Speaker 3: In real life, I have no idea.
Speaker 7: It's falling on some tough times. But that character. And then crazy Eyes crazy Eyes, My god, I forgot character.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, crazy Eyes is not here. Go ahead, crazy Eyes with Hawk.
Speaker 6: She's nuts enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, i'd have to.
Speaker 6: I don't think i'd have a choice, probably.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, just give me all the shots first, Lily Nelson, be right back.
Speaker 10: Talk to more somethingny one more segment. Hey, everybody, here's the poetry. What I need to do to bow my bomb?
Speaker 2: That's right here? We are?
Speaker 3: White is John Believe?
Speaker 2: Did Max will have to leave?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He's leaving all right? Bye Max, My Max.
Speaker 3: Sorry about your marijuana induced vomiting.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you throwing up everywhere?
Speaker 3: Just let it go.
Speaker 5: It's too bad and it's weird to see somebody throw up. Throwing up, well, they have the munchies. Didn't know that was possible.
Speaker 1: I hope it tasted as good going out as it smelled bad coming out, didn't it.
Speaker 2: It does get that stomach acid in there, and I'll never forget.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: You want to hear gross story? Yes, the true story nineteen so much.
Speaker 5: My buddy Chad Jordan's nineteenth birthday. We take him out first birthday, as you do. And of course, because it's Indiana, they were just serving him whatever he wanted it.
Speaker 3: He was nineteen, right, Long Island niced tees.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so this is when he's turned legal.
Speaker 3: He's turned No, twenty one is.
Speaker 2: When I turned legal. Yeah. No, we were all right.
Speaker 5: So we're Mom let me borrow her Camaro to take Chad to our first birthday.
Speaker 3: Me and Chad and Junior are driving home.
Speaker 5: Juniors in the backseat, Chad's in the passenger seat, and the New Bullet Boys record had just come out, and Chad is butt hammered, I mean, out of his mind on Long Island Iced Taste just smashed, and he's playing drums to the New Bullet Boys air drums to the Bullet Boys album, and I'm driving along and then suddenly he stops.
Speaker 2: Uh, oh, I know, and I.
Speaker 3: Look over him. I go, dude, are you gonna throw up? He goes, now, I'm gonna be fine. Just don't touch me, and you put down the window right exactly. I go, I go, dude, do not throw up in my mom's car. If you're gonna throw up, please let me know. I'm not gonna throw up. Just don't touch me, okay, And of course he does.
Speaker 5: He throws up out the window onto the car beside us, because we were on a two lane road and it went out the window and then back in the car on a Junior in the backseat. So it's just it's a horrendous situation. So I take him to his house and I drop him and Junior off, and then I go to the to the car wash because I got a vacuum the puke out of the back of my mom's car before I get home.
Speaker 3: And the thing I'll never forget about it, I'll never.
Speaker 5: Forget this as long as I live, is opening up the back door and looking down at it, and there were a whole tater tots like he had not chewed them.
Speaker 2: At all, like he had been deep throatings.
Speaker 9: Like the.
Speaker 3: Belly or something like that.
Speaker 5: And to this day, of that entire story, I just told you, the thing I remember the most is opening that back door, looking in there and going, huh, there you go. There's your story. Ladies. We've all had one of those, though, right, We've all had that our story yeah, some of us were.
Speaker 3: The person throwing up. Would you like to tell us Shores.
Speaker 2: Bachelor party? Not mine? Uh, things just got out of hand much. I was much drunker than I have usually been, and I tried to leave the leave the party early. Got in like a uber that wasn't mine, I think, and the dudes like, oh, if you're gonna throw up, you got to get out, and uh, I was like no, no, no, I'm gonna be okay, And I was not going to be okay. Uh opened up the window throughout o side did unfortunately didn't come back inside. But now the outside of his car is covered in and so we also stopped by a car wash on the way that I paid for as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on top of the can do.
Speaker 2: Got home and had a way too and an age at which I should know better than to do this.
Speaker 7: Going to say that's a rather current story if it involves an uber.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it was something like that. It was probably well, it was after the year two thousand. I know that because my kids were alive.
Speaker 1: And night before Thanksgiving, my dad became prepared because he, uh, he was only going to.
Speaker 2: Drive me home from the bar.
Speaker 1: But I had a couple of other friends who needed help, one particular one who we needed to basically carry into my dad's car. He had a bag and so my buddy, uh coal whatever. We had a bag for throwing up, and he used the bag, but there was a hole in the bottom of the bag.
Speaker 2: Yes, I thought we were ready, thought we were prepared, but old coal. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then so then my dad spent Thanksgiving cleaning the vehicle.
Speaker 7: And oh man, oh yeah, alright, I'm I've never thrown up in a car.
Speaker 2: Good now, I was walking to the car. That's the way to.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh man, I was not driving.
Speaker 6: I might have sprayed a back tire.
Speaker 3: Pretty good, lordy, Yeah, it's just fine. You know, living you're living your life.
Speaker 7: Is the single biggest deterrent for me getting drunk to this day. And I can't remember the last time I threw up. I mean it's probably been twenty years. I mean, I'll get a headache or whatever, not feel good. That is the single biggest return. I will have a couple of beers and as soon as I feel like a nice buzz, that's it. I just ride that and then I scale her down. I have some water, maybe a nice slice of toast or something. But the hangover, the feeling of the headache, or the nausea. Nausea will will prevent me from drinking anymore.
Speaker 3: You've learned it is that bad.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you spray one tire, you will never spray another.
Speaker 3: Amen's sister, Amen.
Speaker 2: I think the last time I got drunk was had to throw up at from drunk. I was with the US curling team, right, Georgia. That sounds well, US can drink. It's a Monday night football game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they can Monday night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as you one day. I think it might have been a Sunday night football game. I don't know it was a It was a US Bank football game where he stay the way too late at what used to be Hubert's.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no kidding, all right, yeah, okay, Well here's some stories for you.
Speaker 2: Should we do. This is for the sponsor.
Speaker 3: Do it baby.
Speaker 2: Now it's time for.
Speaker 1: Forever Electric Wolfever Electric dot Com Go solar with.
Speaker 2: Wolf Forever Electric Hack.
Speaker 3: How much would this suck?
Speaker 5: A duck hunter in Tennessee is safe after he got stuck in mud up.
Speaker 3: To his waist.
Speaker 2: Yikes.
Speaker 5: Officials say the duck hunter was setting up near Percy Priest Lake in Nashville. When he began to sink, he was carrying his gun, his decoys and ammunition. Guy says he was stuck in the mud for more than thirty minutes before crews were able to help him out.
Speaker 3: He was not hurt. But once you start to feel yourself sink, yeah, it's like quicksand right, It's like quicksand yeah, and it starts to suction you in, you know, and you like you ever tried to like just pull one boot out. Imagine it's up to your waist. Yeah, man, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: A new survey, I'm sorry, I'm going to say, how did he was somebody else around? I they call somebody.
Speaker 5: I'm hoping he had his uh, but he had his phone on him. I have no idea. Yeah, doesn't say. A new survey shows America's top New Year's resolutions. Most adults want to exercise more, with twenty five percent making it their primary goal for twenty twenty six. Other popular resolutions include being happy, eating healthier, and saving more money. You Have notes that younger adults are especially likely to focus on saving money, improving their mental health, and learning something new. Check out livy dot com and Discover Strength, both of them are helping me out very very much.
Speaker 6: Being happy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because in New Year's resolution usually it is I mean, as if you just go right, I'm happy.
Speaker 2: That was mine last year and I made it twelve oh five.
Speaker 6: And then you get.
Speaker 1: Or one.
Speaker 2: That was at minutes. That was a wonderful fight to be around.
Speaker 7: I was listening to the show before before I came in, and you guys were talking about your travels and and hot your marathon and Greece and know Johnny had this adventure with Chrissy, and I thought I probably.
Speaker 6: Should be a more interesting person.
Speaker 2: And we've all thought that we're dying for it. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Please.
Speaker 7: I don't typically make a New Year's resolution, and I won't this year. But this is the time of year when you reflect on yourself, your life, your things. You could do better, things, you could be better at, whatever changes you want to make.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, I got a list for you. I'm sorry, I keep going, but.
Speaker 6: That is like, I just I don't think I'm that interesting. I don't. I'm at the conservative.
Speaker 2: You're at the end of the parenting phase. Of course you're not that interesting. Yeah, you're about to get to the empty nest phase.
Speaker 6: Ye, and then I'm going to get in there.
Speaker 2: You go, baby, Well, it's a chance. It's a good opportunity. He's right, and there's.
Speaker 3: Like, for instance, Mars on Friday, we do seven and nine. Yeah, and then I don't have to do anything until the Vikings game on Sunday.
Speaker 6: Right, awesome, So what what do you have planned?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 5: But I could do anything and will you Probably not? I could, but you know, for real, I was thinking about this. I was thinking about it because I was reading a story this morning. It's part of the reason I brought that this whole thing. And plus we were talking about has great job with Paris last night, calling the world juniors like I could legitimate. I read a story about a guy who does day trips just to places. Right, gets on a plane, gotro place place, and I called me the next morning. The next day, I could, I love Deadwood and South Dakotah. I could leave here after the show and either fly or drive to South Dakota and come back.
Speaker 3: On Sunday morning.
Speaker 5: Yep, world's my oysterro It's a fun opportunity to be able to do that. Or honestly, I could stay home asleep if I feel like doing that. As well, you do get interesting.
Speaker 7: And will you wait until the day, like on Friday afternoon and whatever hits you, whatever feeling hits you Friday afternoon is when you decide what you're doing the rest of Friday, and then whatever hits you Saturday is your Saturday plan.
Speaker 5: That's normally how I operate, but I'm hoping to be a little more proactive this time because we have a gig New Year's Eve at the Medina, and then I have to work on Friday morning. I'm hoping at nine am on Friday morning, I'm either headed to the airport or down to my car to drive somewhere, pack.
Speaker 2: A bag, coming to the radio station with a bag packed for the weekend.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: Drive to the airport and take a look at the board.
Speaker 3: Yeah how cool.
Speaker 2: Take a look at the board.
Speaker 6: And did you actually do that though? Or is that just say yeah.
Speaker 3: I did it. I went to Vegas member and saw Brian Adams.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right. I sent us videos from the friends that.
Speaker 2: You made friends.
Speaker 6: They were strangers until you were friends.
Speaker 3: I've ever made.
Speaker 6: Okay, I mean you make great points.
Speaker 7: And I have always worked so much and at an unusual job that requires weird hours, and so that's always been my easy extent. That's always been my easy excuse of why I haven't done things while I'm working.
Speaker 6: And then if I'm not working, I'm my kids. I have my kid Yep, So it's in my future.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm sure that it is, but you know, but I think it's.
Speaker 3: You know, we're talking about going to Latvia or lifting wait or anything like that.
Speaker 5: Sometimes going to Omaha, Omaha, or or going to the little house in the prairie town.
Speaker 2: Why not, or or anywhere?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 2: Why not? You know?
Speaker 5: I mean, I drove right right, I drove to Ironwood, Michigan right for snow across two weeks ago. I'd never been there before. Yeah, I drove through parts of Upper Peninsula Michigan I didn't even know existed that I can't wait to go back to in the spring when things are green.
Speaker 3: It's got to be beautiful that that. I don't know if you guys know this or not. Lake Superior is pretty big. It's huge, yeah, yeah, and it points down like that like a finger.
Speaker 5: I was thinking all along here there's stuff I've never seen before, islands and things to do and mease moose.
Speaker 7: Part of what you're talking about is interesting in the way that you know my friend Gina that you've all met, and she's a gynecologist, Regina, that's her. Yeah, Yeah, she goes to medical conferences and one of her recent medical conferences focused on dementia, even though she's in gynecology, you learn about the human body, whatever, and she was telling us about the five biggest either indicators, connectors whatever to dementia and it was such an interesting conversation. Actually put them in my phone so that I could kind of go back to it and reference it. And the number one connector was hearing loss, because there's something about that part of your brain that things start to turn to mush. So if you know you are having trouble with hearing loss, you should, you know, get the hearing aids a SAP. But the point of my conversation Hawk is that one of the five things, and it might have been three or four, was experience new things. And it didn't mean you had to go to the airport and pick a destination. It meant go to a different grocery store so that you have to take a different route. You don't know where everything is, and it just forces your brain to learn something new, do something different, go to a different target, go to your point, go to little house in the prairie town. Just have a new experience so that your brain doesn't do the same thing every day. And that is part of keeping a healthy mind and body. And that would be a benefit of me being interesting someday would be.
Speaker 8: That I'm also when Christy turned fifty. When Christy turned fifty, she made a resolution for that year to do one new thing every week, like not do a new thing, but visit a new restaurant or you know, go to a new park or am maybe gentleman, yeah, new boyfriend?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: What did she do?
Speaker 2: It was great? And by the time she finished the year fifty, I said, you know, this has been kind of because it's something we would talk about, like, hey, have you got your new thing this week? And if not, hey let's go to interesting? Right And so well, I think so, I thought so for a while. Uh, she's been doing that every year since now, so like it's been eight years and she's got a list like every week, every week she writes down like this list of stoff And it can be small stuff, it can be like I mean, it can be like, you know, go to a different restaurant, or it can be go to uh, go to a park, or it can be you know, learn a skill, or or it can be you know, go to Costa Rica, you know, or it can be you know, like the last weeks was, I'm like, did we get anything new? Unless we She's like, well on Saturday, because it goes HER's goes Saturday to Friday. And she's like, well, Saturday we drove to Liberia and Costa Rica. So I commented, that is something new. I said, yeah, yeah, right, that'll do it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that is true of how we get at so comfortable in our routines and prefer the routine.
Speaker 6: I like the restaurants. I like, right, I wanted.
Speaker 7: To keep doing that, and it's you got to fight it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's it's not uncommon. I mean, it's not common. We've got to go out of our way to find something to do. But also once it becomes a habit, then it just becomes a habit to find something new that that becomes the new thing. Genius Duran.
Speaker 5: Duran is playing at the Fountain Blue in Las Vegas on Friday. Oh wow, that'd be fun, right, John Fogerty playing at the Planet Hollywood on Friday.
Speaker 2: Those would both be fun. Yes, boy, what we got on Saturday? I'm not doing anything Friday. You want to go to a Duran durand I would have no trouble talking Chrissy Intore going to see Duran Duran a fountain, Blue Vegas on Friday.
Speaker 3: That would be fun. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Or you can drive to Walnut Grove and see where lower ingles wile right right because that place is fun too, Yes, and be interesting. So they go take a trip somewhere. Ladies and gentlemen. That's your New Year's resolutions. That what you're saying, marns.
Speaker 7: No, because I don't make them, because I don't think I'm gonna stick to them.
Speaker 3: But I got it.
Speaker 7: It's a thought I have as I am reflective.
Speaker 5: Here's the end of a year, A thought that I bet meets us Paul Ebert is having right now.
Speaker 3: Today is National Bacon Day.
Speaker 9: We've been eating bacon for over three thousand years, and you can thank the Chinese for inventing it. Cool. Americans eat about eighteen pounds every year each although some say that number might be low. Today, you can bring home the bacon fry it up, eat it, and lean heavily into bacon mania. Think bacon coffee, bacon ice cream, and don't forget the old standby the BLT unless you're among the four percent who don't like bacon. And I'd keep that to yourself. I'm Bree Tennis.
Speaker 3: Well chill out, Bree. Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm okay with bacon, but I don't want it on my burgers and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know. I just I eat bacon on its own. I'm not a fan of.
Speaker 6: Is it of food touching other food?
Speaker 8: Kind of.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is on that, Like she doesn't want she likes bacon on its own, but and it kind of, she says, And I kind of agree with her.
Speaker 2: It takes over. Yes, everything flavor touches so.
Speaker 3: And let me tell you exception of pineapple. I'm talking about going to Vegas just for anything. Do you guys, do you guys have a place you would go just to.
Speaker 6: Eat the food in Vegas?
Speaker 3: Anywhere? Like, like would you fly to her? Is there a restaurant you love so much you'd fly to a city just eat at that restaurant? Because I mean that that Burger Joined in Vegas at the Plan in Hollywood, Gordon Ramsay's place. That's the best burger I've ever had in my life.
Speaker 2: I would go there just for that. Christian and I were just talking about we're trying to figure out how we're road tripping to Fort Myers to uh because we're taking our dog to Fort Myers, so we're going to drive and stead and they're thinking, well, we may actually swing by Philadelphia on the way to Fort Myers, which is not on the way at all. We're trying to kind of plan the whole thing out. And the first thing we're like, it's like, okay, we want to try and get most of the way to fill Ladelphia. Where should we stop? And because He's immediate thought was what's that deli in Cleveland? Like can we get as far as that deli in Cleveland? And we're like, Sliman's Delhi clean? Immediately we're with a friends and I'm immediately the corn beef place. Oh yeah, So yes, I would say we would definitely be driven by places we would go to just to eat.
Speaker 1: Yes, we were talking a couple weeks ago down down the Hall, Kara or Savage, who's awesome.
Speaker 2: She came here every one a while.
Speaker 1: Here in the air we're talking about I think somehow waffle House got brought up.
Speaker 2: Of course we have talked about the fact that waffle.
Speaker 1: House, the closest one is like is in Saint Joseph, Missouri, which is I've been to because I was there for the eclips and so we actually did eat there. But that the drive to that, let's see here where.
Speaker 3: Is it completely worth?
Speaker 2: Absolutely six and a half hours now I chose.
Speaker 1: I jokingly said, oh, we should, you know, get in the car and go drive down and eat the wafface.
Speaker 2: And then what I realized is that sounded absurd.
Speaker 1: But think about this, We drove nine hours for a freaking burrito.
Speaker 2: Was the best We could have gone to waffle House and back and still have saved time six hours left over. We drove all the way to Rapid City, just City, South Dakota.
Speaker 7: And that is a plea perfect example of just doing something, having an experience, being interested, right.
Speaker 1: Sauce being completely confused and informed.
Speaker 2: He thought we were going to Fargo.
Speaker 5: And Corey was so pissed at us because we didn't tell him. We just left and then we called him because we were still doing the after Party podcast then, right, so we called it into the after Party podcast.
Speaker 3: He was not happy. Wouldn't invite him, but he would have come anyway, him like burritos.
Speaker 1: And I got pulled over. You sure did, and I got out of the ticket the hard way.
Speaker 5: I was No, that's not quite unless he was a listener.
Speaker 3: Yeah right.
Speaker 5: I was a sleep in the back seat and I heard I'm like, Zach, stop it. And then there was a copbine. So mind, what about you? What's your favorite place to go eat? Come on, give me one more. You've been all over the country with the NFL, with the NBA.
Speaker 2: Tell me about My.
Speaker 6: All time favorite restaurant is Capitol Grill.
Speaker 2: Oh right here?
Speaker 6: You yes? And do you know what I'm saying about, I'm not very interesting. Well, that is the best food.
Speaker 7: And the single best menu item I think I've ever eaten in my life is lobster mac and cheese, specifically from Capitol Grill.
Speaker 6: No kidding, And I do not have an endorsement. It is not money driven. It is just the best food I've ever had.
Speaker 7: But I want to keep going back there because I don't want to try new things. And then I'm like, well, this meal wasn't that good And I could have had the.
Speaker 6: Lobster mac and cheese and Capitol Grill.
Speaker 7: That's my mindset when I do venture out of my comfort zone.
Speaker 6: If it doesn't go perfectly, then I go see what happens when I yeah, I really need to here's you know what I got to venture out.
Speaker 5: You can go and to Capitol Girl and order something else, and if you don't like it, the macacheef, I get that too.
Speaker 6: That's that's what I know that that's going to be a win.
Speaker 3: That's what I would do.
Speaker 5: Skyline Chili man, go get some Skyline Chili. SNETI for some Skylines.
Speaker 2: Gino's East Sheets, Dish Pizza.
Speaker 1: It's the quick trip of Ohio and Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: One versus sheets versus Sheets. Killed it. I love sheets? Would you get it? Sheets? Oh, they've got all sorts of great stuff.
Speaker 1: They've got flatbread pizzas, they've got chicken tenors.
Speaker 5: You know, it's weird because we're the show shot into a second ago. But I have a memory of being sixteen years old in Uh. I forget the name of the little town in Uh anyway, southern California. I went to visit my aunt and my cousins. My cousin was one year older than me, and he took me out cruising in his Camaro with his friends. And it was a sunny day and I was in California and I was sixteen years old, and I had a brito from a place called Noggles Tacos. And to this moment, that burrito with Doctor Peppers's the best thing I've ever eaten and had nothing to do with how good the.
Speaker 7: Food was, right, you know, it was the whole picture, completely awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, awesome, Thank you Martie.
Speaker 6: Thanks guys. Hey see you Friday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well see on Friday.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: I'll be doing seven to nine on Friday, seven on Friday, seven to nine tomorrow as well, by the way, and we're off on Thursday. Thank you, John Bonus. I'm sorry to tell you I canceled three different Twins Daily accounts.
Speaker 2: I am sorry to hear that you have one of them. How could I hear you talk about baseball, Sir Gleaming in the Gee Twins Daily. Jack his own coverage. Don't forget that with the hockey and hockey wilderness, with the wild.
Speaker 3: That's right, Rolling and Zacho one more time.
Speaker 5: You in parish did a great job last night, and you'll get tomorrow right which time?
Speaker 2: Tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Tomorrow right after the Wild Game, which starts at three o'clock, so we'll be on at five eventually.
Speaker 5: Take a trips, take advantage of this one little life you got, take care of yourself.
Speaker 3: Love you guys, thanks for tuning in. Bye everybody, I already have the love