Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talker. We're joined right now by a man that certainly has had a long road back to be part of camp this year. That's a proud USC Trojan, Kyle Hurt. Kyle, thanks a lot for the time. Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: That was a very warm welcome.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I know. I mean, a proud Trojan who claims to be friends with Sam Darnold has really taken a victory lap out here.
Speaker 3: I have never claimed to be friends with Sam Darnold. We cross paths in college.
Speaker 1: Record has been set straight. What's this camp been like for you? Being healthy after your surgery and just being part of the mix for what the Dodgers may need this season.
Speaker 3: It's been a lot of fun, you know, getting back into their routine of not being in rehab and just being a normal baseball player again has been very rewarding for me, honestly, because you know, last year during camp I just saw everyone kind of just being being healthy and normal and like doing pfps and making throws, doing PFPS, just playing in the games.
Speaker 2: And all that.
Speaker 3: So it's it's really rewarding and being able to do that stuff again.
Speaker 1: Being on the backfields, pitching in games and spring How has your arm felt, Has it felt like your back or you feel like you're in a better spot than before you got hurt.
Speaker 3: Everything feels back to where it was before I got hurt. You know, I've been bouncing back great from some of my outings, and I'm just excited to keep going.
Speaker 1: When you look at just this team in totality and you see the way the Dodgers have maneuvered a regular season, does it feel like you're going to be part of this at some point in time?
Speaker 3: I hope to be.
Speaker 2: You know, guys have the roles, and I'm just ready and excited for whatever role is thrown at me and then just do whatever I'm asked to do.
Speaker 1: What's the biggest thing for you? As far as the mindset being a starter and then transitioning to a reliever.
Speaker 3: At first, I was freaking out about it because it's two very different routines. But now I've I've kind of relaxed into that reliever role. It's very low key and you kind of just go with the flow into your name's called, and when your name's called, you just lock in so it's not a whole lot different, and you're doing the same thing out on the mound, just not trying to go five, six, seven innings or just trying to get three outstoor strike one, get the first hitter out, you know, not overthink it, not try to be too perfect with things. Just throw strike one.
Speaker 1: You know, did you find anything pitching wise during your rehab, No, just.
Speaker 3: Just relearned how to throw and do all that fun stuff. But every I feel like everything's back to where it was pre surgery, So I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Kyle hurt Is our guests before first pitch. So the Dodger relievers are on the other side of the clubhouse. You're kind of mixed in with established starters. How did they line up this locker situation?
Speaker 3: I have no idea. I've never been over here before. But it's cool to be next to these guys because I came up with Gavin Bobby knacademic, so it's nice to be close to them.
Speaker 1: Gavin stone Is also he spent a lot of time with you out here and rehab. What's it like for both of you to kind of see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Speaker 3: Now it's honestly great. You know, rehab is such a long process, and I was talking to Gavin Ann River about their first game and like feeling that adrenaline they haven't felt in over a year, and it's just something you can't you can't practice at a live VP, and just you kind of remember how sore you get and all that and just the routine you.
Speaker 2: Got to get back into.
Speaker 3: But it was really cool seeing both those guys go back out there.
Speaker 1: All Right, Kyle, you're an easy guy to root for. Fight on and we'll see you soon.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Fight On.