Speaker 1: You know you want it. That's why we are delivering it today. This is the Boomburn Money Minute on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Alrighty kind enough to join us from the Bloomberg newsroom. Nice to have her with us today in New York City, Erica Hearstkowitz and Erica Samsung unveiling a new, very expensive new phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Tom, Apple's not even out with its bifold phone, and now Samsung is unveiling a trifold smartphone. It's called the Galaxy Z trifold. It has two hinges and can transform into a larger tablet sized device since the Galaxy Z trifled. It'll initially be launched in South Korea later this month, then later available in the US, China and the UAE, and it will go for around twenty five hundred.
Speaker 2: Years twenty five hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: I'm not spending that on a.
Speaker 1: Phone, definitely not.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, companies are betting we talk a lot about this with our business insider Greg Stebben, that bonuses will persuade their employees to use AI at work.
Speaker 4: Tom French drugmaker Sinoffee, fintech Brex, and International Business Machines are some of the firms that are paying cash, awarding points or doling out merge to expand the adoption of AI across their businesses, and after collectively investing billions of dollars into AI systems, companies are facing a human problem. It's just some employees that are reluctant to actually use the tech. Many fear using AI is going to speed up their jobs disappearance, or they just simply lack time to train for it. Others may not want to share their AI tactics, preferring to keep the advantage to themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean, you know, most people, AI is being thrown around out there like everybody and his brother is supposed to know about it, and in reality, ninety nine percent of people don't.
Speaker 1: Okay. Meanwhile, the futures out there Erica yep.
Speaker 4: Marct Future is pointing to a higher open down futures up forty three points, NASAK futures up one oh seven, and SMP futures up nineteen from Bloomberg America.
Speaker 1: HRSKO.
Speaker 4: Wait, it's on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Alrighty our number is five one three, seven four nine, seven thousand. I would really appreciate and like to hear from you. We've got about twenty minutes, close to twenty minutes to do just that, to fill us in on any number of things. A. Are you stuck in traffic somewhere? Or b are you somewhere where it's starting to open up a little bit? And again our number is five one three seven four nine seven thousand. Or maybe you're home today from work and you're never home from work. Maybe the kids are home from school and that's a real safe bet, so you have them around today, whatever's on your mind, Just like to hear from you on this snowy Tuesday. Five one three seven four nine seven thousand the number to dial, and across the border over in beautiful Lawrenceburg, Indiana, we say, good morning, Mike.
Speaker 1: How are you good?
Speaker 5: How are you doing?
Speaker 1: Doing good? Buddy? What's happening?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: I just came from Norwood to Lawrenceburg and able to perfectly fine trip street highways.
Speaker 5: Are fine headed, the perfect north slopes?
Speaker 2: Are you really now? There is a great idea. I didn't even think about that. I used to go out there all the time when the kids were younger. Are you going with kids or are you just going out there and having a little fun.
Speaker 7: Oh, I'm actually going out there to pick up a motor for work.
Speaker 2: Oh, all right, you're not going out there skiing. No, okay, you got to work today, all right, But you're on the road most of the day. So it sounds like, so, Mike, be careful out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's just when I haven't ran into any issues.
Speaker 5: Parking lots are crazy.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you know, it's so funny how I was certain people I noticed had at three something this morning, you know, the people across the street at the Kenwood Mall. I mean they had, they had a fleet of trucks out there, and you can understand why it's a big part of the season. Let's go to Rob over in Bellevue. Thank you so much for your call. Rob in Bellevue, K. Why what's happening with you today?
Speaker 5: Tommy? Good morning? How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great, brother, Good morning to you.
Speaker 8: Started out in Bellevue, headed to west Chester to get a crack tooth repaired, and seventy five was pretty good till about Sharon Road.
Speaker 1: A lady did a.
Speaker 8: Two seventy, not quite a three sixty right in front of me. But everyone was going slow, minding their p's and Q's and no events there. Got off Tylersville Road and pulling into the dentist. The main roads are pretty good, but I wanted to share with you along a little personal note. Years ago, my other half bottle of nice white Lincoln MKC from Mike Cash Trucy yep hopped hopped in the vehicle. We took it for a test ride, and I'm like, man, this is a this is nice checking out the radio and the entertainment center. I see Holly, I see Tom, I see Marty. I looked at Nancy and I go, hey.
Speaker 5: You know who this vehicle was.
Speaker 8: She's like no, I said, they forgot to clear the phone out. I said, I think this was uh, I think this was Tom's wife, Holly's vehicle.
Speaker 1: You gotta be had it ever since love.
Speaker 8: It got about sixty eight thousand miles on it, and it's been a good been a good deal from the old boys at Mike Kesh Roushi over in Alexandria.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do a great job. Great bunch of guys. Brian Smith over there and some of those guys just awesome guys. And so that's great. Sorry, thanks for sharing that with me. I appreciate it. Have a great rest of you. They be careful out there. Let's go to Brian up in Middletown. Brian, what's your day looking like?
Speaker 1: My man?
Speaker 9: Hey Tom, I'm old school mcnick.
Speaker 1: And that's okay. I won't hold it against you, but.
Speaker 9: Back in the day when your home field was our home field, and I just wanted to be grudgingly, begrudgingly wish you guys good luck in your championship game this coming up. And the main roads in Middletown are good, it's just the side streets weren't even touched. Yes, it was a labor of love getting into my subdivision. I drive a patrol vehicle for a local security company and I was out in it when it started last night. And for the most part, everybody drove civilized and act like they had some sense, so it wasn't all that bad.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: I'm glad to hear it, and and thank you for the well wishes for the Anderson I have a hard time not calling them the Redskins. Probably you do too. The Anderson Raptors playing in the state title game rematch of last year's state title game where they lost to Abon. Hopefully they'll go get them this year. Speaking of Anderson, Butcher is out in Anderson Township. Butch, good morning, Welcome to the Big One.
Speaker 10: Hey, how you doing, Tom? Hey, I'm a UPS driver up in Anderson Township, and I just wanted to politely ask all my customers to maybe take care of us flow them steps off. You got upste and Amazon and post Office out delivering all your good stuff today for Christmas. It would be awesome if maybe we them steps off a little bit.
Speaker 2: You know what, It's funny. It's funny, Butch. I used to do that for a job.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's one of your your like aids whatever you I don't know what you call them anymore, but you know somebody who rides along with you. Yeah, and I did that for a job for three years. And man, you guys are out there. You're loging miles, dozens of miles. I can't imagine every day with some of these driveways and estates out there out in Anderson. But keep up the good work. We really appreciate it. Read infinnytown Read welcome to the morning show. How are you?
Speaker 6: I'm doing well yourself?
Speaker 1: Tom doing great? Buddy? Where are you and what do you have going on.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 6: First of all, I want to let you know this is the first time I've talked to you since I had the privilege of announcing Clovernook Open with you and your side.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that was great stuff. How you doing read? Yeah, I'm doing great. Yourself doing really well? Thank you?
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, I just want to let you know about the snow day. So I got up at five point thirty this morning and shoveled the driveway, got the kids off the daycare, and now I'm gonna do something my father he did for me growing up, and that's build a bank sled writing track for my son down the hill with a bunch of turns.
Speaker 2: Now seeing out there is a great idea. That is a great how old your son? Oh man, you're gonna have a ball. I mean, memories that will last forever. I was talking about it earlier. I don't know if you heard it, but you know, I look back now and my kids are nearly fully grown, and I look at some of those pictures from snow days and sled riding and snow angels and you know, all that kind of stuff, and man, when you don't have those days anymore, you're gonna miss him, So you're making the most of it.
Speaker 9: Really.
Speaker 1: Good for you man, Hope you have a great time with your son today.
Speaker 6: Thanks you, Thanks you too, Tomming. I really enjoy your morning show.
Speaker 1: Thank you, shir I appreciate it. Craig, what's happening with you today?
Speaker 7: Hey, I'm on my way to work at King's all of them all and it's a parking lot up the red Bank Hill on seventy one.
Speaker 1: You're kidding me? Where are you on seventy one?
Speaker 7: Uh, just just after the Red Bank exit going north and there's some kind of accident at the top of the hill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was early this morning.
Speaker 2: This must be a new accident because Chuck Ingram, our traffic guy, and of course Brian Combs from the newsroom, they were stuck right around Red Bank, right around Stuart Road, trying to get up to Kenwood and they were stuck for an hour and a half. How long were you stuck and how recently were you're stuck? Is this has got to be a different accident.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just got on seventy one, so it's right there at Stuart Yeah, going north.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, we'll be careful out there. I want to sneak in one more Ober in Saint Leon, Indiana. And we were talking about this earlier, trying to get some information, and Chuck was able to give it to us about seventy four Bob, are you off seventy four somewhere?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm still seventy four here about two miles west of Saint Leon and two hours stuck?
Speaker 2: Now, man, I am so so so okay, so that that is going eastbound?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 5: That is correct?
Speaker 1: Okay? All right?
Speaker 5: Moved the bed in two hours, and.
Speaker 1: So what what what's your next closest exit.
Speaker 5: Saint Leon to go south on one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Which if you've.
Speaker 5: Ever been down that, it's it's better to take the Beast roller coaster than Highway one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hear it, Yeah, yeah, yep, yep. All right, Well Bob hanging there, man, I'm sorry you're going through that this morning. That is no fun at all. And you know, we continue to urge people. The state is, the county is, surrounding counties are if you don't have to go somewhere, and a lot of you who are calling clearly you're out there working for a living and in whatever it might be. Sounds like we've had a few people that use their truck to transport different things, callers that we're calling in, and so, look, I understand you have to be on the road. Your employers are asking you to be on the road. That's business, that's America. But just try to please please slow down and be careful out there, because look, you want to be able to get home safely later on this afternoon tonight, to work back to your families, back to your home, back to your pets, whatever it might be. So just be very very careful out there. Okay, speaking of the roadways, let's check it out with Chuck one more time. Chuck, what is the very latest where some of the problem areas.
Speaker 1: Let's let's recap from your collars.
Speaker 11: Northbound seventy one, that gentleman was correct, and you are correct.
Speaker 1: There is a new accident. It's Stuart.
Speaker 11: The left two lanes are blocked off. That's why he's sitting from just before Red Bank, and that delayed time is getting a little bit higher. Eastbound seventy four. News tipper called in to let me know that traffic was starting to move again, but I'm not seeing that and end dot isn't agreeing with that either. Traffic still sitting at a standstill for that wreck. Just after the Saint Leon exit on westbound seventy four. Crews are working with a wreck near Harrison and New Haven Road. This is all from the UC Health Traffic Center. UCHealth Weight Loss Center offers surgical and medical obesity care and expertise. Called five one three, nine three nine two two sixty three. That's n nine twenty two sixty three. Crews are working with a wreck eastbound on the Reagan Highway. That's just before you get the seventy five and southbound seventy one. There is a wreck at Taft. Left lanes are blocked. Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred w ballw ur.
Speaker 2: WCPO nine First Warning Forecasters entered by Jennifer ketch Mark. The snow is gone, it has made its way east, but the advisory doesn't end until ten o'clock. It is not going to melt. The snow are high today is only thirty three degrees, so snow covered roads staying put for the time being. Treated roads and some of the highways should be okay a little bit later on, but side roads be careful, especially in your neighborhoods. There'll be a lot of kids running around out of school today, so look out all right. Tonight we're down to twenty one. Tomorrow the sun is out right sunshine, but a high have only thirty five, well below our average for this time of year. Tomorrow night down to twenty five and then sunshine and clouds mix together on Thursday, with a chance light chance of a wintry mix come Saturday. Hi tomorrow, only thirty two degrees coming up. In the next half hour. We'll visit with our friend Julie I isfording to talk about just life, a better life, a fulfilling life. All of us are in church of that eight twenty one, seven hundred WLW for you.
Speaker 12: This is a Bloomberg money minute. Companies are betting that bonuses will persuade their employees to use artificial intelligence at work IBM as A. Firms that are paying cash awarding points are dulling out merch to expand adoption of AI across their businesses. After collectively investing billions of dollars into AI systems, companies are facing a human problem. Some employees are reluctant to use the technology. Amazon dot Com planning to offer deliveries of hundreds of household items within thirty minutes in a test program. Those household items include some fresh groceries and over the counter medicines, and the amper yesterday's sell off head of the cash Over the Wall Street futures do indicate a higher open power demand from US data centers is sent a surge to one hundred and six gigawatts by twenty thirty five, up from just forty one gigawats this year. That forecast represents a thirty six percent jump from Bloomberg's previous outlook. I'm John Tucker, Bloomberg Radio.
Speaker 2: Already eight forty two, winding down on the morning show in Crazy here today. We thank all of the you for calling in today. We thank you for listening here today and every single Tuesday. For those of you maybe joining us for the first time, we get together with Miss Cincinnati herself. Julie is for Ding. We always love having Julie on the program. Good morning, Are you able to chill out and stay at home a little bit this morning?
Speaker 1: Jules a little bit.
Speaker 3: It's kind of fun go out and shovel with my neighbors, and we're all out shoveling, having a good time.
Speaker 13: I said, I have to go take a break and talk to Tom. Do good things to do today?
Speaker 1: Did you not get out and run in this mess this morning?
Speaker 13: Tom? I have a treadmill in the garage, so I sat and.
Speaker 3: Listened to the show, which I thought, I thought this, like, I've been listening all morning, and it's just been a really neat show New Angles, like a lot of reminiscing and thinking about Snowman and all the things you did when we were younger, and I think we do. There's that moment where you look at the snow and remember all the great memories.
Speaker 2: You know, And it was something I was talking about earlier, and I had mentioned that one of the things that we're going to discuss today is just overall happiness and studies that have been done on happiness and what makes life good. And I brought up earlier about you know, I don't know if it's ADHD. I have no idea what it is. I struggle sometimes with all the time being present and I'm trying harder every day. But one of the things where you can find incredible happiness in is being present on days like today. And it could mean you're by yourself and you're just reflecting a little bit. Maybe you gonna watch a little TV. Maybe you have a treadmillion exercise. Maybe it's reliving those times when you were a kid. Maybe it's reliving those times when our kids got a snow day and you're out doing the snow angels and snowmen and sled ride and all that kind of thing. You know, it's a little things where you can get so much happiness in your life.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have to be the big things.
Speaker 3: Right And you know what's really interesting, everything you mentioned in that sentence right there. Everything involves people. And that's truly. They've done long term studies, seventy five year studies on happiness. The number one predictor of everything is your connection with people, your relationships. I used to think of life as a train ride. People get on and off your train different times of your life. Some like your family and friends, stay on your train forever. Some people hop on and teach you a valuable lesson and they're there for the tough times, and.
Speaker 13: Then they're off.
Speaker 3: And then there are other people who just waved to you from the station. They don't really enter your life, but you're aware of them. And then there's some people who get off for no reason. And I think if you look back at your life and everything, like when we were young, we were told you know, money, you know, fame, all that kind of stuff mattered. But at the end of the day, if you look back at all your memories, or if you keep a gratitude journal, I look over mine, and if you look over it over the years, it always mentions people. When I was training for the Olympics, you know, I always sidi, if I run faster and try harder and win more races, everything would be fine. But then you begin to realize it was right, like what you said, that everyday purpose, running with friends, your coach who inspired you.
Speaker 13: And of course the gift of good health.
Speaker 3: The health that enabled me to run and still allows me to enjoy my life, because you know, health, of course plays a huge part in all this, because it's much easier to be healthy happy when you're healthy.
Speaker 13: So, and I don't know how you feel like.
Speaker 3: You've won all kinds of awards for broadcasting, but if you look back at your wonderful career, think about you know, I remember you back when you were at the copies and I was sitting in the booth with you, and I was watching you and the thing I got out of that was you too. All of you were so happy, Yeah, just chatting those little moments when you would laugh until you cried and try not to laugh on the air. But and those are the moments I bet you remember.
Speaker 2: Well, there's no doubt about it. And you know, the one thing for someone like you running And I hear this from a lot of guys that I've worked with that were former players athletes like you were. And Troy Aikman and I used to talk about this all the time when I'd go do games with him. Is that, you know, saying broadcasting, even doing this radio show or broadcasting a sporting event, there's no scoreboard, you know what I mean. There are some people that you're good, there's some people that think you stink, and then there's a whole lot of people in between that you know, they could take care leave it really doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: For you. And running there was a.
Speaker 2: First place, a second place, a third place, a twelfth place, so you had results right there in front of you. So I think for a lot of people, and let's say somebody who's in sales, if they don't hit that target, man all of a sudden they're not making the money, and then all of a sudden, these thinks start flying through their mind. But Okay, maybe it was only one quarter you didn't hit them, or maybe it was only one month you didn't hit them. But man, if you look back on the last month, there were a lot of other good things in your life that you tend to just forget about because of one thing.
Speaker 1: Is that fair?
Speaker 3: That is fair and wonderful, and I like what you're saying.
Speaker 13: And the other part of that is comparison.
Speaker 3: When we compare ourselves to others or compare ourselves to numbers. You are not a number, and that comparison, moy, that'll kill you too. So that was actually in one of the studies as well. Is not to compare yourself to others. It's that you're gifted with wonderful gifts and a purpose in life that's unique to you. And I think part of life is finding your gift and giving it away.
Speaker 1: Yep, there's no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: And the comparison thing, you know, it's like expectations if you set your expectations on every single little thing that you do, and study after study has shown this too. If you put expectations, and oftentimes we have unrealistic expectations. It could be something as simple as you've got a family member coming over for Thanksgiving and man, we're going to get along great this year, and then you don't within ten minutes of that person being there, and now your entire Thanksgiving with all the other family members has gone straight to the toilet because of one right, because of the expectations you set.
Speaker 7: You set.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so you've got to find contentment, sort of accept where you are. And also, relationships are messy and hard and chaotic, but that's what makes them important and significant and brings the happiness you need.
Speaker 13: So we can sit here and talk about, oh.
Speaker 3: Relationships are really important and they're the number one thing, but they're hard and chaotic and messy, and that love is tough. So that's why it's so hard for all of us. And you know, it's just like exercise too. We can talk about gadgets and do this and go through this hoop, but it's hard, and that, I think is another thing to think about is hard is part of life. I mean, there's two types of people in the world, hard livers and easy livers. The hard livers are tough on themselves. They dare themselves, they challenge themselves.
Speaker 13: They live hard, and then there's easy livers. Every day looks the same because every day is the same, it's kind of boring. You know, you got to.
Speaker 3: Think about it though it's your what if it's your one and only life and you look back at all the things you've done, it's the things you didn't do that will bug the heck out of you. So some of those relationships, it's like, you know, what, this is hard that they're so worth it because we are wired for people, we are wired for connection, we are wired for purpose, and it's very important we have good health.
Speaker 13: So all this stuff works.
Speaker 3: And you know, if you kind of keep your eye on the prize there, then you begin to realize, oh my gosh, that does make me feel good.
Speaker 13: And of course, you know, you and I off the air, we looked.
Speaker 3: At all the studies and you know, you keep coming back to that and you know it is a bit of wisdom and we are going kind of deep today, but it's really a healthy conversation if you think about it.
Speaker 2: You know, I love the thing that you said earlier because I've read about other people doing this. I have not done it, and I think it's I think it's certainly something worth exploring. And you're talking about, basically, you know, a gratitude journal. And it could be the smallest thing in the world, right. It could be you're making your morning cup of coffee in the summer and there's a hummingbird sitting right outside your window, and I could watch those things from now until literally the hummingbirds come back home. I could sit there and watch those things just hover. But it's little things all the way up to the big thing.
Speaker 1: Do you keep one of those?
Speaker 13: Yes, I do.
Speaker 3: I keep a gratitude journal at night, and it's just three things I'm grateful for. And here's the thing about a gratitude journal. They don't have to always be the good thing. Some of the bad things I'm grateful for as well, because they made me grow, or they made me change something, they made me better. So a gratitude journal is different for everyone, and they're very personal. And it's not like I write things down, but a lot of people, you know, it's just a simple reflection. At the end of the day, you know what went right, what went wrong, what I learned from it all what did I say? I could have said better, you know, all that kind of thing, and it is reflection and it's kind of fun and it truly does make you change your perspective. And I think that's what we're all looking for as well, just a different filter to look through life, like a beautiful perspective that you know, we're all in this game together and trying to figure out that, you know, what really matters.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, Joe's has been great stuff. I think we'll continue this conversation next week because this is a time of the year where a lot of people get uber stressed out.
Speaker 3: They Yeah, you said something too that was really important this morning about looking back at your men, and you said, I hope I was present. Well, sometimes the value of you know, an experience is the memory. So the fact that you were sharing so many beautiful memories this morning on.
Speaker 13: The show, there's the value.
Speaker 3: So you were present, You were there, and now it's in your heart, and the stuff in your heart stays there forever.
Speaker 1: Yes it does. Jewels, you're the best.
Speaker 2: I hope you have a great rest of your day on this snowy Tuesday, and just chill.
Speaker 13: A little bit and you chill as well.
Speaker 2: I will I will definitely be chilling before we get out of here today. Let's check the traffic, because it's been a very very busy day, Chuck, what's the very latest?
Speaker 11: Serve the little bit of improvement in a couple of spots like northbound seventy one near Glencoe open again, eastbound seventy four near Saint Leon open again. However, a couple of new accidents too. This from the UC Health Traffic Center. U See Health Weight Loss Center offers surgical and medical obesity care and expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine two two sixty three. The latest is eastbound on two seventy five, just after you get pants cold rain, there's a broken down then eastbound two seventy five that slows traffic just a bit at the southbound seventy five ramp above Sharonville, still working on a wreck. Northbound seventy one near Stuart left side, and southbound seventy one at Taft on the left, Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred WLW all Right WCPO.
Speaker 2: Nine First Warning Forecast presented by Jennifer catch Mark overcast all day today. The snow is gone, but we're gonna have it hanging around for quite a while because it's not warming up. Warm it up to melt it anyway. Thirty three degrees today, down to twenty one tonight, sunshine tomorrow I have thirty five, but with a windshill, it's not gonna break the freezing mark. Tomorrow night we're down to twenty five and then a mix of sun and clouds. I have only thirty two on Thursday. Fellas, the holiday season is here, full of hustle, bustle, pack with activity, and when your energy is drained, you're not sleeping well. Your sex drive nowhere to be found, and maybe it's tough to feel festive. It could be a sign of low testosterone, because, after all, men a medical fact. Starting in our thirties, we lose two to three percent of our testosterone production every single year. But that's where Tri State Men's Health can help. Go to tri statemenshealth dot com. Book an appointment, You go in, you give a little blood. Within thirty minutes, they'll do a PSA test, they will do a testosterone test. You'll sit down with a licensed medical provider, go through the results and options of what you might be able to do about it. The cost of the appointment's ninety nine dollars on less you sign up for a testosterone treatment of the day of your appointment, then your visit is free. Try Statement's Health easy to find six locations Cincinnati, Dayton, and Columbus. Those are in Hilliard and Westerville, Louisville and Northern Kentucky. Call him today at one eight hundred, nine hundred nine and sixty five for or visit tri statemenshealth dot com. Before we get out of here, I sincerely want to thank everybody, including those on our morning show team, Liam our producer, Liam Tomlinson. Took him a long time to get here, but Manny got here. It took Chuck a long time to get here first time in forty plus years. That Brian Combs, he's the one that said it, not me. He was late. We'll give him a mulligin for that. But all of them getting here to try to help you in your morning and I thank you for trusting us with your mourning, no matter whatever you had going on or nothing going on. But thank you. This is while we're here, because if we can make your day a little better, a little brighter than we would love to do it. And you can make your much better and brighter. I say it every day by going and getting a shelter animal, dog or cat, a pet. I promise you the love in your house will quadruple in one twenty four hour period. Eight fifty seven Sloane coming up next on seven hundred