Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this is because they can.
Speaker 1: They print money. The Dodgers continue, it's not fair. Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 4: You have to fight off being satisfied.
Speaker 3: Your pregame look at the back to back World Champion Dodgers is brought to you by Alignment Health Plan. Welcome to a new era of aging spectrum and by your so call Chevy Dealers.
Speaker 1: Together, let's try.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame Host of the World Champion LA Dodgers, Tamle Cats.
Speaker 4: Hi, everybody, good afternoon.
Speaker 6: Welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Friday, May first, as you're back to back World Series champ in Los Angeles. Dodgers sit at twenty and eleven on this season after a three to three homestand and saw the Dodgers take two of three from the Cubbies but then drop to a three to the Marlins.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers now hit.
Speaker 6: The road, first stop Saint Louis in a three game series against the Cardinals. Emmett Sheen on the mount in the series opener, first pitch from Bush Stadium in Saint Louis Is coming up at five point fifteen. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here. On Moronggo Casino, Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Robbers. David Vasse goes one on one with the guy who's been on both sides of this series, the Cardinals and the Dodgers. Out of course's Tommy Edmond, who's a little banged up right now and on the injured list. We'll hear from him. Coming up about forty five minutes. We've got your Dodgers' magical moment. Kirsten Watson from Sports at LA. We'll stop on by Charlie Steiner. We'll check in in about thirty minutes, and in just a few minutes we head out to Tim Nefert and Rick Monday in the gallpin Ford Broadcast booth. Well, the Dodgers were off yesterday before that on Wednesday, a nooner out at the Ravine as they wrapped up their series.
Speaker 4: He's against the Miami Marlin.
Speaker 6: Sandy a Contada on the mount against Tyler Glass now and what was set up to be a great pitchers duel. A Contredo went six innings, allowed two runs on seven hits while striking out four through north of one hundred pitches. Meanwhile, Tyler Glass now he'd go five and two thirds, give up two runs on three hits, walked six, struck out nine to along the way, give up a couple of home runs, including a solo shot to Liam Hicks in the top half of the second inning as Miami jumped out to a one to nothing lead. And then at the bottom of the second the Dodgers got some help. Max Munsey had second, two outs for Alex.
Speaker 7: Call A one pitch from the right hander and Call pops it up left side of the infield.
Speaker 2: Otto Lopez battling the sun, not.
Speaker 1: Sure he sees it.
Speaker 2: A drops in per a hit months he kept on running.
Speaker 7: He scores to tie the game, Lole Otto Lopez first year's and his glove in his hand.
Speaker 2: He's got the sunglasses on.
Speaker 7: It appears.
Speaker 2: And at some point in time he.
Speaker 6: Yelled, may day, sun ain't his single, Dodgers will take it as Alex Cowll reaches base. Max Munsey scores all the way from second and that tied the game at one. However, in the fifth, the Marlins would take the lead again as two yar Ruiz, a former Dodger briefly last year with the Blue came back to haunt the Dodgers with a solo home run to left as the Marlins took a two to nothing lead. The Dodgers, though, in the bottom of the sixth inning, tied it back up again thanks to Dalton rushing.
Speaker 2: OH two rushing in the right field. That's a base hit.
Speaker 7: Tucker will come into score and tie it a flare right by Dalton rushing with an oh two pitch.
Speaker 2: It's a two to two game.
Speaker 6: Dalton Rushing delivers with the RBI single to right that scored Kyle Tucker. Dodgers and Marlins all tied up at two. Tyler Glass now would pitch into the sixth inning. Alex Vessi got out of the sixth. Will Klein would come in and pitch two winnings of relief, but he gave up an infield single in the eighth that scored the go ahead run for the Miami Marlins as they took a three to leave the Dodgers well just two for eleven with runners in scoring position. They had nine runners stranded on base show Hey Otani. Teams continue to pitch around him walk three times in the game. On Wednesday, Freddie Freeman had an opportunity with runners on, but the bases loaded one out, he grounded into a double play to in the game.
Speaker 4: He goes zero for five on the day.
Speaker 6: Dodgers had a golden opportunity there in the ninth inning to tie or win the game, but Freddie Freeman could not deliver as the Dodgers drop the game to the Marlins. They dropped two of three to Miami, and they wrap up the homestand going three and three. As now, after a day off, they hit the road in Saint Louis. First up the Cardinals and Emmett Shean on the mound. Matt Libertort will go for Saint Louis first pitch coming up at five point fifteen, and with more we head out to the Galloping four broadcast both as we said good afternoon to Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, thanks him very much.
Speaker 7: It's a nice night, a little on the chili side here in Saint Lewis Said Bush Stadium, the Dodgers and the Cardinals opening up a three game set. The Cardinals have been hot lately. They've won ten of the last fifteen, including four in a zero against Pittsburgh, completing the four game sweep in Pittsburgh before opening this series here tonight, right hander and she In at two and oh will take on left hander Matthew Liberator. He is oh and one, and as far as the Dodgers are concerned, a little different look in the lineup at the bottom of it anyway, where Santiago Espinal and not Alex Freeland will get the start at second base tonight, so we'll get a right handed bat in there, and this could be the first of a few straight starts for Espinol, perhaps at second base.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and again we see Freddy Freeman batting in the number two spot. And for Freddy Freeman, he likes his ballpark. In his careers at three sixty five, that's top of the list of hitters that have enjoyed this particular area of the country and hitting this ballpark. But Dodgers have not hit well. Tim If you go back I mean, they're three in three and they just completed homestand that was disappointing. Rather disappointing, no question about it, including when you look at the manner in which they lost those three games. You know, they scored three runs or less in five of the last nine games if you extend it a little bit longer than that, So the pitching has not had a whole lot of support as far as runs scored behind them.
Speaker 7: Five and five in the last ten games. They do have a winning record on the road so far this year at eight and five, and this could be a good matchup for them tonight against Librator. I think eventually you're going to start to see show hey o Tani breakout. Just looking at the league leaders, and through the first month plus of the season, he's not in the top ten in any offensive category.
Speaker 8: No, and the Dodgers are one of the things we talked about earlier on this year when they put a lot of runs on the board, is that how well the bottom of the order was getting on base in order to set the stage for the big guys at the top of the order. And that's kind of the story. But the top of the order has been rather silent. What has not been silent the Saint Louis Cardinals' bats. You know, they're eighteen and thirteen and they're in third place, has two games out of first behind Cincinnati and then Chicago in the Nationally Central Division. But while the Dodgers have not scored a lot of runs in the last nine games, you look at the Cardinals. They have scored Now in those four consecutive victories. You're mentioning, they have scored thirty runs during those four games.
Speaker 7: Dodgers are homeless in three straight games. They've not been homerless in four straight since the twenty twenty three season. Something's got to give. Otani hits three to seventy five against lefties and Miguel Rojas four to thirty five against.
Speaker 2: Lefties so far this year.
Speaker 7: So you got to figure something's got to give in this series, and the Dodgers have to start hitting the long ball again.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And speaking of long ball, if Freddie Freeman has gone nineteen consecutive games without hitting a home run. However, look at Libertories you're mentioning. We'll talk about the pitching a little bit later on, but lefties have hit almost three to ninety against the lefty that's on the mound tonight for Saint.
Speaker 7: Louis, reverse splitz for him. So it's Libertor for the Cardinals and Emmett Shean going for the Dodgers. Cardinals eighteen and thirteen two back in the Central they are one under par at home, that's seven and eight, while the Dodgers twenty eleven first in the West. A half game in front of San Diego.
Speaker 6: Tim all right, thank you guys for off and running here on Marongo Casino. Dodgers on deck as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans get that game day meal on. It's Shakey's Pizza Parlor ordered Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and mojos at shakys dot com. Coming up, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts, get his pregame thoughts on his team going into this road trip.
Speaker 4: We'll check in with David Vassia.
Speaker 6: Course throughout the hour dv GOS one on one with Tommy Edmund former Cardinal now Dodger. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup, of course, with emmittt Sheen taking the mound, but up next to you o Tani rewind and we'll visit with Sports and net LA's Kirsten Watson. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Cardinals on this Friday afternoon. They ssho being with us. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: AM five seventy l s forty.
Speaker 9: Take me out to marone go where I can watch all the games with thousands of slot machines and black checked and big screen TVs from the front to the Beckso just grab a seat at the side.
Speaker 10: Why you won't the sub play when you go.
Speaker 9: Because the good times are only right here at Marne.
Speaker 6: Frontier has joined Verizon in La. Now's the time to switch. Get six months of fiber Internet on US up to one gig, then keep saving fifteen dollars a month when you combine with a Verizon mobile phone plan.
Speaker 4: Our best offer ever.
Speaker 6: Visit Frontier dot com slash availability today as this offer is only available for a limited time. For a li time, get four lines for twenty five dollars each. Call eight hundred and four to sixty six one eight four four or visit your local so Calverizon store.
Speaker 3: Always trying to find that perfect fit, the perfect certified pre owned truck or suv. Well, on Ford Blue Advantage dot Com, you can find a certified pre owned suv or truck with all the benefits you get at your Southern California for deal, a Ford back warranty, a multipoint inspection, and even a Carfax report so there are no surprises. Ford Blue Advantage helps you focus on what's next, turning your vision into reality. Ford Blue Advantage used carbine that's built for you.
Speaker 1: From backs against the Wall to back to.
Speaker 3: Back, join the Boys in Blue and relive the back to back World Champion celebration on Monday, May eleventh versus the Giants.
Speaker 2: In Classic, finish to a seven game.
Speaker 11: Series, se one of the first forty thousand fans in the ballpark and receive a twenty twenty five Championship replica trophy to commemorate the thrilling twenty five old Classic presented by Bud Weise.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers cement their dynasty.
Speaker 1: Or tickets and more.
Speaker 3: Visit Dodgers dot com Slash Promotions. This is Morongo Casino Dodgers game.
Speaker 1: On your home for La Dodgers baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Saint Louis Cardinals on this Friday as they started three games series. I mean she and Matthew Libertre the pitching matchup in this series opener. First pitch from Bush Stadium is coming up at five pint fifteen.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewind.
Speaker 7: There goes Otani for second base pitches A strike thrower is too high at show Hayes got a steal at is stolen based number four for shoe Hey Otani.
Speaker 8: Uh and he got an early.
Speaker 4: Start to show.
Speaker 6: Hey Otani stolen base number four on Wednesday at the plate over two of the strikeout. Walked three times but did not score all run as the Dodgers fell to the Miami Marlins on Wednesday in the series finale three to two.
Speaker 3: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: Hey Kirson now joins us from Bush stadiumb for the Dodgers and Cardinals. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of that old car. Donate it today, it could be picked up tomorrow. Donating now Carsfrokids dot Org. That's cars with the K Garrison the Dodgers on the road. They were at home for six and offensively they really struggled. It kind of feels like maybe yesterday or reset day, because they gotta get it going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they do.
Speaker 12: When you look at just especially those final two games against Miami, it was very one. It was one in which like they were giving themselves a little bit of opportunity, but just when it came to it, when it came to executing with runners in scoring position, they were just unable to come through. The guys, even Dave Roberts, I just start with him, he was saying that he felt that when it came to situational at bats, he didn't feel like guys were kind of going in with the right approach, with the right game plan. So the hope with coming into now a road trip, they're coming off of a day off. The team actually flew in early, so they were here to have the day off in Saint Louis, and a lot of the guys just kind of had a mental reset. Some guys went golfing, some just relaxed, caught out on some rest. Obviously, thirteen and thirteen, especially when you're going from Colorado to San Francisco, cold temperatures, warm temperatures.
Speaker 2: It's a lot.
Speaker 12: A lot of the guys were sick last week, so you know, I think the feeling is is just they had the off day yesterday. They're coming in. It's a mental reset, it's a physical reset, and so the hope is to get the offense going, especially early in this one. Dave Roberts did say that it starts with them just getting back to their true selves, understanding what their game plan is, understanding how to get to Libertory, especially early in this one. So he does believe that with it being the start of a road trip, he does expect the guys to get back on track. But that really is the focus for this group. Because the pitching has been there. It's just a matter of can you continue to give the runs report to the starting staff and even to the back end to the bullpen. So hopefully we'll see some things get going early today.
Speaker 6: Speaking of pitching, we're looking ahead a little bit, but Blake Snell is trending in the right direction as far as coming back and pitching in this rotation, and that means there's going to be somebody on the odd man out. There's not enough chairs here in the game of musical chairs with this rotation, So who's leaning maybe as a guy who could be out.
Speaker 12: You know what, that's the big question. So Blake Snell is with the team right now. He actually threw a bullpen here at Bush Stadium this afternoon, and he is going to continue with his rehab assignment. So he's going to join the OKC team on Sunday, and then he likely will have just two more starts, including that one on Sunday, because they're continuing to build him up. This next one should be four and sixty in the next one after that should be five and seventy five when it comes to just the pitch count inning mix. So obviously this is the big question of when you look at the back end of the rotation, and it's truly this weekend series. You've got MTSC and who's pitching tonight. Then you've got Roki Sasaki and Justin Robeskiesse. Robski currently has a one five year He has been excellent to start this year, and so you know, it's funny because it seems like he was the sixth starter, the guy who started in the bullpen and then would step in if you need that six man rotation. But now he's been so good that he's not really the one who's being asked about. It's more of been Emmitt Sheen and Roki Sasaki, who have had a tougher start to the year. That being said, they are both coming off of the best performances they've had of the regular season. For Emmett Sheen getting into the seventh inning ten strikeouts, a career in season high, and then for Roki Sasaki just when you look at his delivery, having a much better command and getting deeper into the game and his last one out. So Dave Roberts did say that, yes, it's fair for that question to be presented right now, but he was saying they're not really They're not looking too much into things. He's hoping that the guys just have their own self motivation to be getting back on or two maintained being on track and executing their pitches and putting themselves in a good position because ultimately, look, that conversation is going to come soon, likely in a few weeks, but Davis sing they don't want to jump ahead. They just want to continue to see these guys perform, but ultimately who they believe is going to be the best option to either go into the bullpen or stay in the rotation. They're gonna obviously it's gonna be a tough conversation, but they'll have that conversation when when the time comes.
Speaker 6: Speaking of tough conversations, have you had toasted ravioli yet since you've been in Saint Louis?
Speaker 12: You know what's funny? I have not, but I will be honest. Coming into Saint Louis, I kind of forgot that that was the thing here, and it feels like every menu I've looked at has had it. So I haven't had it yet, but I will. I will, and I love a little like except for I think I thought it was like the fried ravioli with just like cheese in it, but it's a it's a beef and cheese that's like the whole thing here. So I haven't had it yet, but trust I will have it soon, don't you worry.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to get it up. We'll report back as so we can't continue. Use a little local flavor there, Lewis here appreciate it?
Speaker 6: Well, check with you after the game is still they come here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll dive deeper into this pitch. He Matt Shubble here from Tommy Edmund who has been on both sides of this game, the Cardinals and the Dodgers, playing for both teams, will dive deeper into this injury report. Up next up, we'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts as we lead you up to Dodgers and Cardinals on this Friday, first pitch from Saint Louis at five p fifteen. I'm Tim Kats's the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on.
Speaker 3: Deech on your home for the blue all season Law.
Speaker 6: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you up to first pitch on this Friday, Dodgers and Cardinals from Saint Louis, Morongo Casino Resort A Spa a Grand Slam for good times. Emmitt Shean on the mount in this series opener, first pitch coming up at five fifteen.
Speaker 3: This is the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 6: Report presented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles and Diaz on the il having his loose bodies removed from his throwing elbow last week. Ben Casparraus on the IL, Mookie Bets on the I L. Tommy Edmond, who you're gonna hear from coming up in about twenty five minutes, recovering from offseason ankle surgery. Blake Snell on the IL. Butt is curious to mention he's getting closer. So is Brock Stewart. Probably the closest Dodger reliever to come back to help out this Dodger's bullpen. He's in Triple A, Oklahoma City. Bruce arc Ratter working his way back, landon Neck working his way back. Kevin Stone and Evan Phillips on the I L as well. All right, let's head out to Saint Louis and check out with the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 2: Anything else?
Speaker 1: DA questions for Dave Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 2: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I just think, uh, you know, get back to being who we are. Just take good at bets and I think you know the road. I think, ironically, I think has been better for us. Some of the guys are bet on the road. I think just kind of getting with each other, you know, getting their rest. I think that I have a good feeling that this is gonna be a good offensive trip for us.
Speaker 12: Wait doesn't start when it comes.
Speaker 6: There's a manager, Dave Roberts down of the dugout as he looks ahead of this road trip which starts tonight in Saint Louis. Then it's off to Houston and we continue here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 4: We will check in with David Veasse.
Speaker 6: So we're leading you up to first pitch from Saint Louis Dodgers and Cardinals. I'm Tim Keays' is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Cardinals from Saint Louis. Em and shean on the mountain. First pitch coming up at five fifteen. Todgers Baseball's brought to you by El Pato, born in LA and made for your game to l Pato brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, saluces and hot sauces. To your table El Ponto Gourmet in a.
Speaker 1: Can joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 14: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bassi.
Speaker 6: All right, DV, should we be concerned about Freddie Freeman. Last time we saw him, he grinded into the double play on Wednesday, But it kind of feels like he's struggling right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, he did struggle on the last homestand he was just three for twenty five on that last six game homestand that's not very Freddie Freeman, Like he didn't really hit the ball hard on that last homestand in that last game the last time we saw him, of course, like you mentioned, the game ending double play, he was zero for five. But that was the end of thirteen in a row. Let's not forget Freddie and his wife Chelsea welcomed in a brand new baby girl to their family during the last couple of weeks, so that obviously takes a toll on anybody. If you're a parent, you know how many sleep nights he may be getting. Also, I mentioned this a few times Tim during the homestand but during the last couple of weeks, there's been some sort of flu like illness going through the Dodger Clubhouse, and my understanding is Freddie Freeman had it on the last home stand, so all of those things play into him looking sluggish.
Speaker 14: I wouldn't bury him just yet.
Speaker 5: He's got a lot of baseball left and has been unlucky in the early part of this season, so I wouldn't say there's car cause for concern, But certainly Dave Roberts has to take a long look at having a conversation with Freddie Freeman to try to convince him as we go through the dog days of summer, to maybe get him off his feet and convince him a to maybe take more days off and get Dalton rushing in at first base or B when sho hey Otani is not the DH Those would be valuable days for Freddie Freeman to stay in the lineup and not be on his feet the entire game.
Speaker 6: David is brought to you by the Fort Maverick Motor Trends in North American Truck of the Year. The Fort Maverick everything you need in the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon at the best MSRP if it's category, it's time to see Ford in a new Lightgo to your Southern California for dealers today. What's the latest on Blake Snell in his recovery, David.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, there was video of him out there today at Bush Stadium throwing a bullpen session. He traveled with the Dodgers to Saint Louis because he will be going to Oklahoma City on Sunday to make his third rehab start. He'll be throwing around four innings sixty pitches, and my understanding is that will not be the last rehab start for Snell. He will make one more and then rejoin the Dodger rotation if all goes well, which would line him up for the end of the next home stand against the Giants or possibly against the Angels and Anaheim. So he's right around the corner and certainly looking good and looking like Blake Snell in his last rehab start.
Speaker 6: All right, help me out here. David mcguilas said he was going to retire at the end of this year, but now he's not retiring.
Speaker 14: Yeah, all of a sudden.
Speaker 5: Now he's telling Ken Rosenthal in the California Sports that if the Dodgers win a three peat, it would be hard for him to retire, and he said the reason why he even mentioned that he would retire at the end of the year was to of course spend more time with his family. But he said he still has a lot of baseball to play. He can manage one hundred games a year, and if the Dodgers were to win a third straight championship, he is now saying that he may consider playing one more year. So hold the retirement tour for Miguel Rojas for right now.
Speaker 6: Dave Real quick image she and gets to start tonight. A lot of talk about what's going to happen when Blake Snell comes back. Does Immitt Sheen need to continue to show more and more to Dave Roberts and Mark Pryor that he belongs to this rotation.
Speaker 14: I believe he does.
Speaker 5: But I mean, if you look at the way Shean's pitched, even not at his best before his last start, and the way rookie Sasaki has pitched this entire season, beginning in spring training, there's no doubt that it's very obvious she Hen's outperformed him, but obviously other factors go into it. So yes, he does have to compete with Roki to keep that spot, but even at his worst, I feel like he's been better than Roki Sasaki.
Speaker 6: All right, David, great stuff. We'll check back you with you in just a little bit. Don't forget Dodger fans. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Santa Anita. Celebrate ninety years of horse racing and at Santa Anita with weekend and mission parking and programs. Just ten dollars Friday, It's free with millions in payouts every race day. You can watch the Kentucky Derby there tomorrow and they got racing before and after. Explore new experiences at the Great Race Place, Santa Anita dot Com.
Speaker 4: Slash events coming up here on Morago Casino. Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: David Vesta is gonna go one on one with Tommy Edmond, who's been on both sides of this series, playing for the Cardinals, coming up with St. Louis and now a mem we're champion with the Dodgers. We'll also hear from Charlie Steiner, but up next your Dodgers magical moment leaning you up to Dodgers and Cardinals from Saint Louis on this Friday. I'm Tim Kas's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Cardinals on this Friday series opener from Bush Stadium image. She and Matthew libertore the pitchy matchup. We'll dive deeper into the numbers from both these twenty six year olds coming up in just a little bit.
Speaker 4: First pitch at five to fifteen.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shakys dot Com.
Speaker 3: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers are getting ready for first pitch in Saint Louis, and we're joining right now by former Cardinal NLCS MVP with the Dodgers, two time World Series champion with the Dodgers.
Speaker 14: That's the one and only Tommy Edmund. Tommy thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 15: Yeah, of course, thank you, Dave. I appreciate it. Always a pleasure chatting.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm the only guy that hasn't forgotten you, Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 10: That's right.
Speaker 15: I know I'm easy to forget, especially on this amazing team that we've got. But yeah, I'm excited to hopefully be back soon and you know, back to playing some ball and contributing for the best team in baseball.
Speaker 5: You seem to have a great perspective on life, but I'm sure this is testing your patience trying to get this right ankle to cooperate.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, it's it's tough.
Speaker 15: It's it's tough when you know, we're baseball players and you know, are a lot of the time we find our value and just like how we're contributing on the field. But you know, I'm trying to do everything I can to you know, just stay part of the team and and be the best cheerleader that I can be, and you know, just supporting, supporting everybody, supporting all the guys who are going through the grind and you know, hopefully all a part of it.
Speaker 10: Soon.
Speaker 5: Have some of the young guys try to lean on you like Alex Freeland, maybe he's Sun Kim here and there.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, it's it's tough.
Speaker 15: You've seen, uh, you know, seeing everybody go through the stuff of a regular season, you know, all the ups and downs, and you know, me not really not being able to relate since I'm not playing.
Speaker 10: But you know, I've.
Speaker 15: I've been able to have some good conversations with some of the guys and you know, just kind of trying to relate some of my own experiences and hopefully be a good influence and be a good leader for them.
Speaker 5: What's your therapy to try to maintain your patience until you come back.
Speaker 15: You know, it's it we have. Having two kids makes things a lot easier. You know, there's not much downtime even when even when I'm I'm not playing, So I guess that's been a good part of it is, you know, just getting a little bit of extra time with the family. And you know, Eli is gonna be a really good hitter by the end of my IYEL stint because we're playing a lot of ball in the backyard right now.
Speaker 5: Sounds good at least the at least that's the positive to all that.
Speaker 15: Yeah, absolutely, it's a that part's a lot of fun. I think it would definitely be a lot tougher to go through if I didn't have my family to lean on.
Speaker 14: Right now, Tommy Edman is our guest.
Speaker 5: All right, Tommy, I'll put the analyst hat on you, since you've had a front row seed when the team is here at Dodger Stadium. What have you thought about the start the team has gotten off to.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean it's been incredible, but you know, that's kind of what's expected so far. You know, it really seems like we haven't gotten super high yet. I mean, our starting pitching has been unbelievable. We haven't gotten crazy hot as an offense yet, but you know, we're still, you know whatever, ten or ten games over five hundred right now.
Speaker 10: So it's crazy that, you know, we.
Speaker 15: Feel like we haven't played our best baseball yet, but we still have one of the best records in MLB, and I'm just excited to see what happens when all our bats get hot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and especially the area of the lineup where you usually hit the bottom third of the order. It seems like you guys have gotten back to not only turning the lineup over, but those group of guys have really been productive.
Speaker 10: It's been crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I mean that's just the depth of our team right now. You know, Andy was hitting seventh for a while and he was hit in four hundred, you know, and Kim's doing an amazing job getting on base, a ton freelance getting on base, and you know, given the top of the top of the line up, a lot of opportunities to drive runs in. So you know, it's it's a yeah, there's definitely you know, it kind of just speaks to how good our offense can be when everyone's firing on all cylinders.
Speaker 14: What have you seen as far as the growth from Andy?
Speaker 15: Pat has his uh, you know, it seems like his his mindset has really grown a ton.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 15: I feel like he's able to adjust from at bat to add bad a lot easier. It seemed like maybe in the last couple of years he would you know, go into a bit of a slide and that would kind of impact the rest of his day, maybe the next couple of days. But I've really been impressed with the way he'll He'll maybe have it at bat that didn't go the way he wanted it. Early you're in a game, but then find a way to have a huge at bat later that day. So I think just being able to adapt and you know, figure out how to improve from at bat to at bat.
Speaker 5: Is that the biggest thing for a young player, Tommy, When you first start getting some success and then you may not have the at bat that you want the first time up.
Speaker 14: How much is that part of not just giving away the game from that point on.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's really important, and it's something that you know, I think even veterans have to work on. I kind of struggle with it myself from time to time, you know, just understanding it's it's it's a whole season.
Speaker 10: You know, it's six hundred at bats, it's not just one game.
Speaker 15: So if you have one or two at bats to start off the game, like that's such a small sample size over the course of a full year, and it's tough to have two bad at bats and then but stick with your same approach going into your third and fourth. But you know, it's an important lesson to know just not try to change anything crazy just because one or two at bats didn't go your way.
Speaker 5: Tommy Emman is our guest in front of first pitch between the Dodgers and Cardinals Tommy around the league. Now, we've heard obviously teams have gotten off to disappointing starts, and you're starting to hear from some of those players on those teams that they don't feel like they're heard from or their opinion is valued. With the Dodgers, it seems like Andrew Freeman and Dave Roberts have always valued and always had an open communication with you guys. Do you feel like that's been a big part of the success the team has had the last couple of years.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I was definitely very impressed with it when I first got here. It was just how open Doc and Andrew were with all the players. You know, sometimes that's not necessarily the case, you know, having everyone be like one strong, cohesive unit. And I think that's kind of what happens with the teams that haven't performed as well as expected.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 15: I'm sure, obviously there's We're thirty games into the season, so anything can happen the rest of the year, and maybe it's just teams have gotten off to a slow start.
Speaker 10: But I do know that.
Speaker 15: That's one thing that has made this organization very successful over the last decade or so is you know, just the fact that everyone is is pulling on the same rope and there's open communication, and you know, it doesn't feel like you're on an island in any case. Even for myself being on the eye out right now, I still feel like I've had great communication with everybody on the team, and you know, it's it's just, uh, everything runs very smoothly from top to bottom.
Speaker 5: Is it important for players to feel like they have a voice and is it important for the front office with the manager to not only say you're doing this, but give you a reason behind why they're making a decision.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, I think that's that's really valuable.
Speaker 15: You know, there's certain decisions, certain moves that are made over the course of a season that if there's no communication, it can kind of be you know, kind of be a shock.
Speaker 10: But you know, I think that this team does a good.
Speaker 15: Job of kind of preparing you for for what might be coming up, you know, in the in the near future. And yeah, I think that's I think that's so important in this business at baseball, you know, where things can seem kind of chaotic, that just to have you know, some people that you can lean on and people who are kind of prepare you for what's to come.
Speaker 5: All right, Tommy, I'm glad we have an open line of communication. Always enjoy being around you. You're such a great positive person to be around and certainly a great teammate even on.
Speaker 14: The IL, and we can't wait to have you back out there soon.
Speaker 10: Thank you, Dave. I appreciate it.
Speaker 15: I'm excited to be back and hopefully we'll have some more communication our near future.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 14: We'll share a col brew together.
Speaker 10: That's right.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, I'll maybe some Hobviers.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'll tell you some good places in Saint Louis. You got it.
Speaker 14: Tommy Edmund has been our guest here.
Speaker 5: Receive a gift card to Hobvier's with a brand new location in Pasadena. You know the staple in Newport. They're all over southern California. Go see our friends at Hobvier's. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: Tim, All right, thanks a lot of DVS.
Speaker 6: Sounds like Tommy Edmund is on the men and trending in the right direction.
Speaker 4: That is certainly great news.
Speaker 6: As we lead you up to first pitch from Saint Louis, Dodgers and Cardinals, up next, we'll dive deeper into this game. One pitching matchup a three games set from Saint Louis that is off to Houston.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 6: This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game.
Speaker 1: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers in Saint louis Is. They started three games set against the Cardinals. First pitch from Saint Louis coming up.
Speaker 3: At five point fifteen, and now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 6: Matchup brought to you by her Toyota Dealers. We make it easy. Matthew libertore on the mound for the Cardinals oh to one, with a four to seventy five. E Erra, the twenty six year old left hander in his fifth season, now in the Big league's fastball, slider, change up, curve ball. Tonight's game marks is one twenty seventh career Major League appearance, is sixtieth start, making his seventh start here in twenty twenty six. Last time out three and a third Indians five runs, eight hits give him three home runs, but got a no decision against the Seattle Mariners, making his eighth career appearance, second start against the Dodgers. He's got no decisions but a six to thirty nine ERA over those seven appearances. Freddie Freeman, he's slumping a little bit. Okay, we get it. He is feasted though on Libertor in a short sample size four for five with an RBI against Libertor. Emmitt Sheen on the mound two and oh at the four to seventy eight ERA. Twenty six year old right hand now of his fourth season in the big leagues. Remember miss twenty twenty four. Tommy John Surgery worked his way back slowly last year. Now in this rotation, making his sixth start here this season. His last start was against the Cubbies. He went six and a thirty inings. He gave up one run on four hits, one walkstruck out of career high ten, but did not factor in the decision. He's facing the Saint Louis Cardinals for the second time in his career. He first faced them August of last year. He won five Indians, gave up two runs on four hits, including a home runs truckout five in a win Emmett She and Matthew Libertor. The pitching matchup Dodgers and Cardinals. We are fifteen minutes away from first pitch from New Bush Stadium in Saint Louis. Keys to the game with Tim and Rick are coming up next.
Speaker 4: Don't you go anywhere.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Katz's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 6: Lean you up to the Cardinals and the Dodgers, first of three from Saint Louis. Em and She and Matthew Libertor the pitching matchup. We just got into the numbers just a few minutes ago. Getting ready for the start of the game with the Sapporos. Start great moments. Start with Sapporo beer. Whatever your taste preference to Poro has you cover with the righty, crisp and refresherent Dodgers. It's to light and non alcoholic beers. Soporo good with suit she, but even better great with baseball. All right, before first pitch, let's head back out to the booth in Saint Louis one final time.
Speaker 4: The two guys on the call, Tim Nevert and Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Guys, All right, Tim, thanks again as we count you down to the first pitch tonight here in Saint Louis. We look out, we see the beautiful Saint Louis Arch which dominates the skyline here. Can't miss it. As we're at Bush Stadium once again for the start of a three game set. The pitching matchup, Emma, she two and zero. Slider's been very, very good so far this year. Lefties have hit him a little bit, but right handers only at a one thirty two clip.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's used the slider a lot over thirty percent usage on that to change up in the cut fast ball behind that area as well, just to two forty two banning average against. Going to watch that first inning. We'll watch all of them while he's in there, but the first inning in particular has been an area of concern. An Era in the opening frame of nine and a couple of home runs of the four that he has given up have been in that first inning and then on the flip side and for the Dodgers and facing Matthew Libertor mentioned earlier that left handers have hit three eighty seven against him and he's one of those pitchers. He watch him. When he's behind in the count, he has been taken to the yard a lot a three point fifty one batting average. When he gets ahead, it's barely a two hundred average. So we'll see if he's going to find that strike zone early tonight.
Speaker 7: His last start was Saturday against the Mariners. Give up five runs, three home runs, so he is susceptible to the long ball. The fact is he doesn't get a lot of swings and misses, and when there is contact that's usually pretty hard, which is a really tough combination to take if you're a pitcher. And if that formula holds up again tonight, I would expect the Dodgers to hit.
Speaker 2: The ball pretty well.
Speaker 8: And the Dodgers, tim are not really a base running or base stealing ball club. However, there have been seven out of nine attempts that have been safe against Liberator, even though he's a left handed pitcher. The other thing is a little strange, well, Liberator has a very high ERA with runners in scoring position. It's just below a one fifty batting average. Again, so that's where he's really been effective.
Speaker 7: Cardinal manager Alie marmel is alternating left handers and right handers in the lineup all the way down tonight against them at Sheehan with the guy at the top of the order is pretty interesting. He's been their top prospect JJ Weatherholt. He'll play second base. He has seven home runs already, and the rookie has been showing up on the stat sheets in the top ten and many of the offensive categories for the rookies and even some for the players overall.
Speaker 8: And yesterday he hit the second pitch thrown by Paul Skeens out of the ballpark. So he's going to be an interesting young man to watch. Just twenty three years of age, and already he's captured a lot of attention around Major League.
Speaker 7: Baseball, Cardinals and Dodgers coming up from Saint Louis him.
Speaker 6: All right, thank you very much, first bitch. Well we come back, Matthew libertore Image and Dodgers and Cardinals when this game is all over. To forget David Vassidess got you covered with all the postgame festivities, reaction high lights, and of course Dodger talk as well. Dodgers after day off yesterday, back at it, ready to go, starting a six game road Trip three in Saint Louis three and Houston. First things first, the Cardinals and Dodgers next, and enjoined everybody. I'm Tim Kases, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: The Los Angeles Dodgers are a juggernaut.
Speaker 3: I think it's fair to ask the question, of all the teams out there, do you want to win as much as the Dodgers backed up back.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers see winning as fundamental to the business side of baseball.
Speaker 1: Sustained dominance. What are you gonna do about it?
Speaker 6: We often hate successful people because.
Speaker 15: Here comes a harsh piece of reality, the Dodgers dynasty.
Speaker 3: There there is success at Ding Ding d This has been Morongo Casino Dodgers Anti Dodgers. Baseball's brought to you by Superior Grossers, quality, variety and value. Shakey's Pizza got more meal for deal at shakeeas dot Com. Yea by your Southern Caunifay Toyota Dealers.
Speaker 1: We make it easy.
Speaker 3: First pitch is coming up on your home of the World Chimpion La Dodgers