Speaker 1: By Billy cunning in the Great America will welcome this somewhat intrepid Monday afterning in the tri State as we get ready for the storm tonight and tomorrow. But until then, the Vivek Ramaswami is running for the governorship of the Great State of Ohio as a Republican. I still can't believe that Amy Acting is going to be the Democratic nominee. They got to be kidding me. But Vivek is in town for a Turning Point USA event which I think is open to the public of the University of Cincinnati tonight. Viveke Ramaswami, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, do you really believe that the Democrats are going to put up Amy Acting against you? I mean, isn't that a stalking horse for someone else? She cannot be serious.
Speaker 2: Well, look, it's their choice, it's their party, and they can put.
Speaker 3: Up their nominee.
Speaker 2: As you well know, she led the COVID lockdowns, including leading our state to being the first state in the country, Billy to shut down the public schools. And what I think is she owes those kids in apology, those two kids, those two years of kids in Cincinnati public schools will never get those years back. Shows am an apology, but that's up to them. I'm focus on the positives. We're running to lead this state to new heights, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Excited, Billy.
Speaker 2: We're doing well on a lot of metrics of the state, including the Bengals.
Speaker 3: This weekend, if I may say, including Ohio State. We had a good football weekend over Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: But we want to win off the football field as well, and that's where I'm going to lead us.
Speaker 1: I would like to thank Shared Brown who said he's going to run for the Senate, or maybe Tim Ryan who said he's not going to run at all, or somebody but Amy act and that'd be embarrassing, but that's not your concern. Secondly, when you bring up education, you had an idea about year round schooling, which may not be real popular with the parents or the teachers or the school board.
Speaker 4: Number one, is that true?
Speaker 1: Number two? How would you find it? Number three? How would it work? Year round schooling?
Speaker 2: Well, it's not a policy proposal, Billy, but it is an idea that's come up from a lot of parents.
Speaker 3: And one of the things I'm doing is I'm traveling.
Speaker 2: Across the state, talking to people who have kids in public schools and private schools, charter schools, and homeschools, and we're listening, and I'm even going into the inner city places where traditional Republicans may have historically shied away from. And one of the things we hear from those parents and also the teachers in those communities is especially poorer students when they show up in those poor school districts after summer break, they've fallen behind because they're not engaged over the summer. And so I just think we've got to be thinking open mindedly of how we're going to list up education for everybody, because the academic outcomes at.
Speaker 3: This point really are unacceptable.
Speaker 2: You think about how many young students are not proficient in math in eighth grade. You think about the high school graduation requirements they've fallen so much. And by the way, many parents don't necessarily have the ability or even the knowledge of how to take that on at home either.
Speaker 3: So education starts with the family.
Speaker 2: But I want to bring some standards back to our public schools, and we're keeping an open mind on how we do that across the board. Third grade literacy that's a basic requirement reading guarantee by the end of third grade. I want one hundred percent of third graders in.
Speaker 3: Ohio to be able to read.
Speaker 2: That puts those kids on a better trajectory for the long run. And I say this as a Republican. I want people to hear me loud and clear. It's not just to lift up the people who agree with me.
Speaker 3: It's not just to lift up the Republicans in the state. It's to lift up.
Speaker 2: Everyone in this state, including those inner city kids who have been left behind by the Democrats that they've historically their parents.
Speaker 3: Have voted for.
Speaker 2: I think there's a better way, and that's what we're offering them in every domain, including education.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I don't know if you saw the results from the inquiry. They said that about seventy one percent of black boys are chronically absent from school. Overall is forty five percent, and Cincinnati public schools don't attend. You went to saying ex lived in Springfield Township for a while, forty five percent are chronically absent in the public school system. Seventy one percent of black boys are chronically absent. The great majority of those who graduate cannot read their diploma. And so I've been around the block a few times. In every governor the last thirty or forty years have said we got to improve that, we got to improve that. And I know Bush forty three came out with a guarantee to read by the fourth grade. Heck, we have kids who can't read by the time they're seniors in high school. And so this is a monster is undertaking.
Speaker 2: Man, this is serious, and this is something a governor can actually deliver. All Right, education should not be federalized. This is not a job for the US president. This is a job for a good governor. And that's part of why I'm in this. You think about the Democrats, they have perpetuated the very policies that create that inequality. But think about Cincinnati, right, So I went to public schools actually in Cincinnati three eighth grade, and then I went to Saint X for high school. Cincinnati public schools were shut down for over a year and a half during COVID. Well Saint X my alma mater, was closed for just five days. So now those sin Democrats, including Amy Act and my opponent, complain about that educational inequality, Well, their policies are the ones that actually created that inequality. And then the irony is they have absolutely zero policy vision for how to fix it. And when a guy like me is proposing new ideas that are out of the box, like the third grade reading guarantee, like other ideas that we're hearing from parents across the state, they complain about it, but they don't have an actual solution of their own. So it's up to us now as Republicans that's just to complain about Democrats, but more importantly, to lead with actual affirmative solutions of our own. And I'm confident that if we start at a young age, we're going to create economic opportunity for those kids.
Speaker 3: For some of those kids'.
Speaker 2: College education may not be the right path, that's okay. Let's bring skills based, trade based training into high school. Earn while you learn, programs indicate through twelve education so those kids can live with dignity without for your college debt after they graduate from high school as well. That's realistic, it's actually achievable, and by the way, we can do it while bringing down property taxes. Is the other thing the left complains about in my campaign is they say, how can they Cramosami bring down property taxes while also improving the quality of education.
Speaker 3: And I say the answer is, you're dark right.
Speaker 2: We can do both because part of the problem is we're ineffectively spending that money.
Speaker 3: So if we bring down property.
Speaker 2: Taxes by making government more efficient but also brings standards back to the public schools at the same time, we're actually going to be able to achieve more while taxing people less. And that's the way I think we take our state to the next level.
Speaker 1: And during COVID, this wasn't the Dark Age as I recall it specifically. In fact, I was the des United survivor that would live under a pod at the transmitter. By the Trump administration in twenty twenty, which is another issue, but the great majority of public schools in the Cincinni area were open. Only CPS and others were closed because I know Dr Park Schools schools in northern Kentucky, Indiana, they were largely open after the first week or two and they did remote learning, but they kept it going with CPS shut down. Now, on the issue of making government efficient, one of your cohorts if you are elected and if you can't beat Amy acting, I'd be in a state of shock and disbelief.
Speaker 5: I could.
Speaker 1: She's not going to be the nominee. They're tricking us with her. But at some point you're going to head up state government. Tim Waltz, your friend from Minnesota has a one point one billion dollar massive fraud in which largely immigrants from Africa, et cetera. Somali's have ripped off the system with welfare and food stamps and sectioned in housing vouchers and medicaid and autistics support, etc. And sent the money to war lords in Somalia. Can you guarantee that won't happen here?
Speaker 4: That's got me fired up just thinking about our tax dollars doing that kind of crap.
Speaker 3: I can guarantee you won't happen here, And I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I don't think Kim wall is going to call me a friend of his, because we're going to set an example of what good governance looks like. If Minnesota and California headed one model, Ohio is leading the way in what actual meritocracy looks like, actual stewardship of taxpayer dollars looks like.
Speaker 3: The reason property.
Speaker 2: Taxes are so high in the state is not because the government is delivering high ROI services with every one of those dollars. It's because a lot of those dollars aren't optimally used. And you look at those case studies of what's happening in Minnesota, Let's take that as a case study for what we want.
Speaker 3: To get right here in Ohio.
Speaker 2: And I want to be clear, We're already doing so much better than Minnesota. We're already arguably the best in the Midwest in many metrics. I want us to be the top state in the country, though, Bill, that's not good enough to be the best in the Midwest. I want Ohio to set the example that Texas and Florida can follow, rather than the other way around.
Speaker 3: And that's why I'm in this West.
Speaker 1: Virginia had two National guardsmen shot the murderer from the state of Washington, sought out I would think a female, and shot her in the back of the head like a yellow belly coward, then stood over and shot her again. And I talked to Governor Mike DeWine a few days ago on the air about Ohio National guardsmen in Washington, DC, and has extended they're run there till the end of January. Do you have a problem with that.
Speaker 3: No, I don't have a problem with that.
Speaker 2: But to the contrary, I do have a problem with rampant violence in the cities across this country and the normalization of the culture of violence, and that has to end. At the end of the day, we are a people who are united by peace. You should be able to walk around in the city of Cincinnati or Washington, d C. Without fear of looking over your shoulder for figging assaulted or mud. President Trump has cleaned up Washington, d C. Which is, by the way, the constitutional prerogative of the President of the United States. But to see a National guardsman, two of them shot on Thanksgiving week is heinous. It's unconscionable, it's Unamerican, and our hearts go out to that family, both those families. They're in our neighboring state of West Virginia. I thought Governor Patrick morrisy did a good job of at least leading and offering the kind words that the nation needed to hear. But now we need actions that speak louder than words. We need accountability to make sure that this kind of culture sure of violence ends in the cities across our country. And that's part of the attitude I want to bring to Ohio where violent crime is up in many of our cities. We're a state of great cities, and yet we need to empower our police to be able to do their jobs while.
Speaker 3: Also making sure that these.
Speaker 2: Criminals, repeat violent offenders are not getting out on no to minimal bail, which is what's happening today. So those are common sense reforms that eighty ninety percent of Ohioans agree on.
Speaker 5: Bill.
Speaker 2: It's not too much to ask that you should be able to go for a walk on Vine Street or in over the Rhine in Cincinnati without fear of getting mugged or assaulted. And yet this is where our national culture is headed. And I want Ohio to be that shining city on a hill. So we're talking about the City of Seven Hills. Let's be the shining city on a hill for the rest of the country to look up to. And I think these are common sense reforms We're going to be able to deliver when I'm governor. The state dollars aren't just going to automatically flow to cities without accountability. Those dollars come with strings attached. Those includes standards, standards for our public schools, standards for public safety. This is what Ohioans want and it's what I'm going to deliver.
Speaker 1: The Privy Bar, I'm not sure you've ever been there. It's fifteenth in elm an otr has had seven people shot in the month of November. Seven people wounded outside the Privy Bar. They've had eighty two police runs outside the Privy Bar, and because of the activities of city council, they've not shut it down. And the reason is racial reasons. The African American Chamber of Commerce have meetings there. Other black groups get together at the Privy Bar. But after ten o'clock at night, all hell breaks lose. It looks like gun smoke with Miss Kitty and the Long Branch, and there's gun fire constantly and the city I went there Saturday afternoon, not at night, with my wife, the people's judge, and we sat there. Now there's three police cars out in front of the Privy Bar. I think there's better use for those three police cars and simply sitting in front of a bar at three o'clock in the afternoon, So we talk about crime. Vivek Ramaswami the three Great American cities Los Angeles, Chicago, New York are in complete collapse. And I worry about downtown Cincinnati, Columbus and Cleveland. The Cleveland Browns are leaving downtown Cleveland out to the suburbs, and three or four other American cities are like dying because of crime and lack of business investment.
Speaker 4: As the governor, what can you do to.
Speaker 1: Revitalize the major cities in Ohio control by the Democratic Party? And whatever you say, they're going to oppose whatever they want to do. You might not want to do it because it's the wrong approach. Can we be a great state when our cities are in collapse? You can't send your kid to the public schools and the Privy bar has shootouts almost every night? How does that work? How can you be the governor of a great state with great cities when the cities and the education is in complete collapse?
Speaker 4: How do you do that? For Bake?
Speaker 3: We got to turn it around. Yeah, that's the answer. We got to turn it around with actual strong leadership.
Speaker 2: That's the only option we have. And you know what, we are a state of great cities. You look at other Peter states like Georgia, they've got one great city like Atlanta, We've got Cincinnati, Dayton, Toledo, Cleveland, Columbus, Youngstown, Akron. This is one of Ohio's great strength, and yet we're squandering it because of urban crime. Now, as I said, we're doing better than states like Minnesota. I'm proud we're headed in the right direction in so many metrics, but urban crime is one of those areas where within six months of me getting into office, we're going to have results.
Speaker 3: People are going to feel safe walking around in their city.
Speaker 2: People are going to safe opening their businesses in the city, which is an economic development opportunity as well. What do you do you think about I don't believe the police officers. I haven't met many of those police officers, including the men and women blue in Cincinnati. They're doing their jobs and their best, but we're not tracting as many people as we need to right profession we need to also make sure that they're empowered to do their job. This attempt to strip them from qualified immunity, I think is a mistake, and that's part of why we see a recruiting failure on the front end, and then you have the judges on the back end.
Speaker 3: A lot of these activist judges that.
Speaker 2: Are completely deviating from guidelines where you have repeat offenders on a repeated basis, committing violent crimes sent right back out on the street on minimal to no bail to go out and do it again. So our police officers actually doing I think broadly, they're heroes, they're mental women doing a great job. But the system isn't working the way that it needs to to bring that level of crime down. And you talk about racial dimension, I'll say a racial dimension. It's mostly black deaths that we're talking about that go ignored. So this isn't about black versus white. This is about right versus wrong. And I believe that for many of those inner city African Americans, they're going to be far, far, far better off. I think all of them are going to be better off when I'm the governor of this state, rather than what I think would be a nightmare a disaster.
Speaker 3: The woman who had no.
Speaker 2: Compunction about shutting down our entire economy in our public schools. By the way, the shutdown of those public schools led to conic aps andeism, that connic aaps and teiasm now leads to chronic violence. That's the woman who I'm running against. That's amy acting, and so I could think of no greater disaster to send our state in the direction of Tim Wallas's Minnesota, or worse, if she came anywhere near the levers of power again.
Speaker 3: But we're not going to let that happen.
Speaker 2: And it's why I want to I want conservatives and really independence and anybody who loves this state to hear this loud and clear.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty six. We can't take it for granted.
Speaker 2: Complacency is not an option, and so we need to get on the ground today to make sure we're in a position not just to talk, but to lead with action. And that's why I'm in this, and frankly, that's why we're counting on everybody to really show up next year, to show up in the meantime with our with grassroots organizations, with getting people registered to vote, to even convert and open minds in the inner city that has historically gone Democrat that have been failed by those failed left wing policies. There's a better way forward, and that's why I'm in this, and I'm confident we're going to deliver, not just for Cincinnati, but for great cities across the state.
Speaker 4: About minute remaining.
Speaker 1: And I still don't believe Amy Acton and she's kind of a joke. I can't believe they're going to pull this one on us. They'll switch her out at some point. But turning point USA tonight, the messenger was murdered in cold blood. Does the message remain with your friend that the man who really Charlie Kirk, that was more responsible for Trump's victory in twenty four than anyone else. I think Charlie Kirk Erica were fabulous. Does the message remain without the messenger?
Speaker 3: It has to?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I believe whatever is necessary is possible. My friend, so Charlie, I saw him two weeks before he was killed here in Ohio. Actually we sat one on one. We had a conversation where he asked me to continue doing these things and he always did that, and I didn't really take it any more seriously.
Speaker 3: But in retrospect, that was the last time I saw them.
Speaker 2: So I'm keeping my word to do our part to reach those young people, to keep them energized, to give them the permission to speak freely and think independently. And it's not about right versus left, it's about actually just learning in this case from hearing opposing views on a college campus. Something as recently as three or four years ago wasn't happening. Now we're seeing that revival amongst young people. I think it's positive, and frankly, I want to see more of those young people think independently because it's going to make our country united in the next generation. Nobody wants this artificial politics of division that comes from the culture of censorship. And so what we're doing tonight is I'm going to give a few remarks that you see, but we're also just going to open it up for a lot of those young people to be able to ask the questions that are on their mind.
Speaker 3: Some of them may.
Speaker 2: Disagree with me from the left, maybe even some other from even some aspects.
Speaker 3: Of the right. I don't care what it is.
Speaker 2: We're going to have an open conversation, do it in a civil way, and that's part of the culture I want to bring back to our state. That was the Cincinnati that I grew up in through the late eighties, through the early nineties and early two thousands. Billy, I remember, that was the Ohio that we knew, and I want to bring that back to our state. And you know, we're doing a small part tonight in Cincinnati, U see, and then we're going to Miami University later in the week.
Speaker 3: And that's the way we lead.
Speaker 4: Well, take the best and make it better.
Speaker 1: Viveke Ramaswami, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show and give my best to all your folks.
Speaker 4: Your website is.
Speaker 3: It is Vivic for Ohio dot com.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you Forveke. Good luck to you, God bless you. Let's continue with me.
Speaker 1: And of course, despite the protestations of a veg Ramaswami, Amy Acton will not be the Democratic nominee. Even Democrats are not that stupid. News Next, that's your home of the Bengals and the Crossdown shootout and and the Bengals game on Sunday against the Bills. News Radio seven hundred.
Speaker 4: Wow. Here we go.
Speaker 1: Another afternoon of broadcast suprevity and coming up after one o'clock will be the Great Moegger. Not just about the Bengals and the Bearcats and the Crosstown shootout. We have Andy Mack in the studio and won thirty five today to talk about the Crosstown shootout. This weekend going to be wonderful. It looked as if there would be a walkover for uc Now looks like it might be a walkover for Xavier. We'll see what happens. Plus later on we have Steve Gooden, and as you may know, he lives in Cincinnati, ran for council, but in his real life he's an attorney and spent time in the Judge Advocates Corps and spent time at teaching classes on the Geneva Convention to lawyers in the military, so that guy knows where the bodies are buried. The media is all in turmoil now about what happens to some small fishing boats off the Venezuelan coast that allegedly we're carrying cocaine and drugs that were blown up. And it appears, according to a media account denied by the way by Donald Trump and by Pete Heseth, Secretary of War, that there were some survivors on a raft connected to the drug boat that hex Seth ordered to be executed. Other countries do that, but we do not. If assuming they're not enemy combatants, assuming they're not able to return fire or whatever, then they're like prisoners of whatever, prisoners of war, or we don't kill even enemy combatants if they if they surrender and cannot defend themselves. Other countries do that all the time, but not the United States of America. So both have denied it, and Republicans and Democrats are united in the idea that we don't kill enemy combatants who are surrendering are not able to resist. We don't shoot people in the back of the head. We don't do that. So we'll see what happens down the road on that. This is a long line of Democrats in the mainstream media trying to hook something around Trump's neck, whether it's the Russia gate, or the Hunter and Biden laptop, or Arctic US, whatever it might be. It's always looking for some angle, some angle to make Donald Trump look like a criminal and worse and courting the Senator Kelly and others. He were among those who said that war crimes have been committed and that you should say no to the military to an unlawful order. As an order is given, you normally don't have a lot of time to reflect upon. The order is simply you react and do it. If you can't do it, I guess you could be a conscientious objector, or you could say, look I'm not going to follow that order. But then your court martial for not following the order.
Speaker 4: And so what this.
Speaker 1: Means is that someone operating and F sixteen or whatever might be called upon to fire upon drug boats determined by the CIA and by all kinds of surveillance regimes. The idea that boat is filled with cocaine, those involved are poisoning the American people, Let's take them out, which is something about seventy five percent of the American people say, let's do that. That's a good idea, yea. And whether there're survivors or not. Pete Hexseth denies it. Trump denies it. There's going to be hearings in a way we go and once again the Democratic narrative about Pete Hecseth, which by the way, he denies the Washington Post story that two anonymous sources say that his instructions were to kill all the drug dealers in some unspecified in legal manner. And they have to put aside for a moment the illegal and the good. It's good to kill drug dealers that are hauling poison to our shores, that kill one hundred thousand Americans every year. But this is a hearsay claim of a couple individuals. We don't have the courage to identify themselves. They won't come out and say, yes, I know this happened. This is my name, I work in the Secretary of War's office. This is what we did. And the regime media and the Democratic complex instantly accepted as truthful the anonymous slanders as gospel truth. They said, absolutely, that fits what Pete heck' sa eth or Donald Trump or Jade Vance would do. And anonymous claims from anonymous sources are the best claims because you can't defend against them. So the media loves that, which is exactly what the media and what the Democratic Party wants. Is our part of the okie doke that they play on a regular basis. So we'll see what happens down the road. If someone fired upon combatants unable to defend themselves and killed them, that's a problem. And Pete Heck says said he didn't order it. Did some naval aviator do it?
Speaker 4: We don't know.
Speaker 1: But now the country is going to be twisting the pretzel like conditions because of concern for the lives of cocaine drug dealers somewhere floating in the Caribbean. It's amazing to me how the media and the Democratic Party are exactly on the same page. They march in lockstep, and the key component of the scams is out. One of the sources said, that's what happened. So that's one thing. Secondly, I think most American families might include it. Likely yours has been touched by mental illness to one degree or another. It is a special burden that many parents carry and many considered a blessing to have an autistic child. And from the day they're born until the day they die, you love them with all your heart. And the circumstances of autism, the causes of it, it might be tailand all talan All denies it. I don't know. I'm not confronted with the issue. If I if I ever get pregnant, I'll get into the issue and determine what I should do. Take Talano or not? Does it cause more autism than not? Used to be one in about fifteen hundred babies Aid autism. Now it's down to one and twenty nine. So something's going on.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 1: I stand with the president on policy. Can I say enough? Drew, my producer jujour policy policy policy. I support the policies of Donald Trump and the policies of jade Vans. The policies are a matter, not the words around the policies. So it came out over the last couple of days and again last night on Air Force One in which the President flew from Palm Beach back to Washington, whether or not it was proper for the President to use the R word, and I'll put it in parentheses. Retarded. Put that in parentheses. It's a word I do not use in my personal life. And he said that Tim Waltz was quote retarded quote unquote because of giving billions of dollars to Somali's that somehow the billions of dollars make their way to Somaliland that are being used one way or another to ferment revolution and terrorism in Somalia. There's about one hundred thousand Somalians. That our words should be out of the American dictionary. It should not be used and polite company to describe anybody because it demeans the person identifies that child as somehow part of the other. And I've had mental illness in my family. I think every family directly or in directly has been affected by it, and I have the President of the United States use the R word to describe Governor Tim Waltz handing out billions of dollars in Somali's I think is disgusting.
Speaker 4: So he was asked last night.
Speaker 1: And whether or not he wanted to revise and extend his remarks and that Donald Trump said no. Essentially, he said last night, yeah, I think something's wrong with him. Do you have a problem with that. The reporter said, well, sir, it's the use of the I don't want to use that word again, the use of the R word to describe Governor Tim Walls. And then he got on the billions and billions of dollars. Maybe it's an age thing. I's almost eighty years old.
Speaker 4: I get that.
Speaker 1: But you can't teach an old dog new tricks. There are word is not a word I've used in my private life, personal life.
Speaker 4: I don't do that.
Speaker 1: It demeans and for those moms and dads who love deeply their children and work to make sure that their kid have all the opportunities available to other kids. The best of America is reflected when we take kids with special needs and do everything in our power to give them the best life that they can. So when the President uses the R word or says other things, calling a reporter piggy because she was somewhat overweight, to demean and put someone down and that way, it's again off track. And what it does is cause individuals who would otherwise support the president's policies. Can I say the policy is what I support? Can I say policy more often I'm saying policy and stay out of the personal insults, because, for example, in the state of Indiana, they're going through the woes of whether or not to Jerry Manner out one more Democratic seat, and one of the key members of the Indiana States Senate has a child who has autism, and he got so mad at the president and he voted for him, supported him, raised money for him, and donated money to Trump that he says, I'm done working with the guy.
Speaker 4: I'm done.
Speaker 1: We're not going to have reapportionment in the state of Indiana. And he may want to reconsider that and say a prayer that Donald Trump quits using that kind of foul language described generally innocent, innocent boys and girls who need help. They don't need to be called names by the president of the United States.
Speaker 4: Can I say that anymore clearly?
Speaker 1: Can I say I support the policy, the policy and the policy. But to call a female reporter mims piggy, or to say that a governor is using the R word to describe his policy difference. That means the office of the presidency, and it separates from Donald Trump his supporters. I've had more than one attorney get a hold of me, friends of mine who have autistic kids that are so mad they can't see straight, And I get it.
Speaker 4: It's wrong. He shouldn't do it.
Speaker 1: When given an opportunity last night on Air Force one flying back to DC, the President was given that opportunity to say, well, you know, I disagree with the policy, but my use of that word was wrong, and I apologize. And I can't read exactly what the President said because he again use the R word to describe Governor Tim Waltz, who's clearly not autistic and clearly not he's got a terrible mind when it comes to politics. But to demean him in such a way to me is a bad idea. It's wrong. So I would hope that those close to the president would saddle up next to him and say, mister President, stay on the policies and get rid of the personal insults because it is separating you from your own supporters. Made myself clear on that policy policy. What is the policy? To call someone the R word? To me is disgusting and it's wrong. And I hope the President will revise and extend his remarks and never ever ever use it again and get on with the policies, different disagreements, without the insults that demeans the office and separates his supporters from him.
Speaker 4: Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Huh so, I hope that's the case. Thirdly, we have the issue which is coming up with MOE of year round school. You just heard the governor to be vivek Ramaswami, and I continue to believe there's no way the Democratic Party me so stupid as to put up Amy acting. If she was a new character on the political scene, you could say, okay, who is Amy acting? Well, damn it, we know exactly who Amy acting is. She was the one that shut down the schools. She had a procedures ready to go that would shut down interstate and state highways, shut down the businesses, but keep open the strip clubs, the liquor joints, but shut down so many other businesses.
Speaker 4: She was the grand architect.
Speaker 1: Of the closing of our schools and the closing of our society. Held those stupid news conferences in which she put her arms around ohioans. And if that's the case, the Democratic Party is in more trouble than I think. There ought to be someone to confront for veg Ramaswami on some of his ideas, and he's got more ideas than you can count. One bad idea I think is year round schooling. And some of the best times in my life was raising my son and coaching his teams, basketball and baseball teams, interacting with all of his friends, sleepovers, taking off ten or eleven weeks in the summertime when it's June, July and August it's about ninety five degrees, and let a kid be a kid, get out there. I guess the excuse is so many school districts are bad when it comes to academic performance. So if some kid at Tapped High School can't read, and it's a sixteen year old, that means that you at Mason High School are going to have to have your kid and school year round. It doesn't work. That way in the Sinse summer school used to be for those failing classes. Now some say, and there's one of two states that are going to implement it year round school in which part time, maybe in mornings, you're in school, to take a couple of weeks off and then get back to school.
Speaker 4: I think it's stupid.
Speaker 1: They have school opening around August the twentieth, and that should be Tuesday Wednesday after Labor Day. Things are a little bit cooler. Summer is over. We keep chopping into a kid's vacation. Let a kid be a kid, go on vacation, plays, do special things, go on long hikes, camp out, go on a family trip out to Utah. Look at the magnificence of the outback in and around Ogden, Utah. It's beautiful. Go to the North and South Dakota wonderful, spend time together. And because other school districts fail, that doesn't mean that you have to be punished. And so I'm gonna work with VeVe Gramaswami to get the teachers more money and they need it, more incentives to enter into teaching, and more money spend in urban districts to bring up the performance of kids that need help because they have dysfunctional homes in which they live. There's five thousand kids at CPS that are homeless. There's five thousand more kids English is the second language that can't participate in school. We got major problems. Forty five forty six percent are chronically absent. We got major problems. They're not solved by telling the kids in Ohio we're going to cut out your summer vacation because other school districts can't do their job and kids lose too much over the summertime. The argument is a school ends maybe a week before Memorial Day. By the time school resumes ten days before Labor Day, you've lost everything out of your head. It's drained out. Well, parents, we did this. I assume you did this June, July and August. Have a reading list of five books that your kids got to read over that maybe a book a week, and then talk about it. If a kid is sufficient in math or whatever, gets special classes for him, but don't require that. Deer Park Community Schools, which by the way, is one of the best in the tri state top ten, and the counter now on and the leadership of Jim Stall and Chris Euster that somehow Deer Park Community School has got to be punished for its success. No, no, no, no, let's continue. After one o'clock today will be the Great Moager to talk about the Bengals and so much more. And also after two o'clock today will be Steve Gooden breaking down what are legal and illegal orders, what is the genie of a convention, how does apply etc.
Speaker 4: And we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: But, mister President, policy, policy, policy, then, and on top of that policy, do not call anybody the R word because you disagree with a policy. It means a whole bunch of moms and dads struggling with kids with special needs. Even those who support you feel separated from you. And that may cost the Indiana congressional seat because unwisely a state senator in Indiana has an autistic child and he's mad at you now and won't vote for the reapportionment.
Speaker 4: Now, that's stupid.
Speaker 1: But nonetheless, people react emotionally when you attack their children, mister President, and don't do that.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: Let's continue.
Speaker 1: Twelve fifty five The Home of Your Bengals, News Radio seven hundred WW build Hunting in the Great American White Belt is coming later tonight and tomorrow, so we'll see what happens with that. But until then, so much happening in sports athletics, A good and bad going to you and on als Moeiger and Moeiger. First of all, I need some psychotherapy. If you're ready, let's do it. Put me on the couch. I'm looking at the Bengals game in Baltimore on Thursday night. I'm seeing a Super Bowl team. I'm seeing a defense that're causing five turnovers. I'm watching Joe Burrow left and right and short, and I'm watching a hundred yard rusher.
Speaker 4: I'm watching Moneymack.
Speaker 1: He's cashing checks for a million dollars, five or six field goals right down the middle, fifty yards, fifty six, sixty four yards, ten yards, whatever it is. I'm watching a team thrashing Lamar Jackson, not Michael Jackson, but Lamar Jackson, thrashing him all around Baltimore Stadium. And I get depressed. And I get depressed because I'm saying, where were these guys during the losing when they won one game with Joe Flacco lost all the other games. So far, Joe Burrow has played two and a half games this year. Here it is December, and they won both two and a half games. He's played the second game. Of course, we had Browning coming in. Nonetheless, he won. They won the game, and so I'm depressed because I think of all the things that might have been. I saw a Bengals team to look like Joe's second or third season instead of sixties. And you understand what I'm saying that I get depressed when they win, and I get depressed when they don't win.
Speaker 4: I'm just depressed. Can you give me some help? Can you give me some lithium?
Speaker 5: Can you give me.
Speaker 4: Some prescriptive drugs? What do I need to get me out of my funk? I don't like to listen to him when they win. I don't like to listen to him when they lose. I get angry. Can you know when you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 6: I know what you're saying. Here's the prescription. I would tell you to study the current plight of the two teams in front of the Bengals in the AFC North, because I'm not sure I trust either of those teams. Now, look, here's the basic mass of this.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: The Bengals are two games behind, two teams. So they've got, in essence, lead frog two teams with five games to go, and they trail both by two. And that's not going to change this weekend because even at the Bengals go to Buffalo and win, Baltimore and Pittsburgh play against each other, so the defeston will still be two games with four to go a week from today. But let's talk about the Baltimore Ravens for a second. Did you see an MVP caliber quarterback playing for them on Thursday night?
Speaker 1: The answer to that would be absolutely no, Hell no.
Speaker 6: Lamart Lamar Jackson has been an awesome player in this league for a while now, he hasn't played awesome this year. Doesn't look one hundred percent. I have no idea why they only gave Derek Henry the football ten times in that game, five in the first half. They have been offensively very uneven for a long stretch of time. And so let's look at this from a gambling perpective, because I now you like to make a wager. Way, if you want to invest in the Baltimore Ravens to win the AFC North right now, the odds are minus two to sixty.
Speaker 3: What are you investing in.
Speaker 6: You're investing in a team that offensively just hasn't hit its stride for the last six seven weeks, that still has a pretty tough schedule. They still have to play the Steelers twice. They still have to play the Green Bay Packers. They still have a game against the New England Patriots. Baltimore Ravens are on shaky ground right now. They're just six and six. They have a game against Cincinnati here, a team that they just lost. To talk about the Pittsburgh Steelers also just six and six. They've coalked away a four and one start. Offensively, they look disjointed. Aaron Rodgers is old and injured, like legitimately injured. Defensively, they spend a lot of money on that defense. It has failed when presented with opportunities to win games time and again.
Speaker 5: T J.
Speaker 6: Watt gets to the quarterback very infrequently for a player of his stature and for what they're paying them. So the Pittsburgh Steeler are six and six odds to win the AFC North plus two sixty. Does that look like a team that anybody would be really excited about investing in. Simpers still has the Dolphins at home Miami is playing pretty well. They have to go to Detroit. They do have a game in Cleveland against the Browns, and they have a return match against the Baltimore Ravens. Again, the math for the Bengals isn't great, but here's what is good. They're seventeen and five in December and January games in the regular season since twenty twenty one. If you take away twenty twenty one when they made the Super Bowl, guess what, they're even better fourteen and two. They've won fourteen of their last sixteen December and January regular season games. That includes a three game winning streak with Jake Brown. Now, they also have a track record against the Buffalo Bills. It's limited, but it's excellent. Joe Burrow plays great against Buffalo. This team is usually really good down the stretch. They're probably gonna be favored in for their last five. Again, I get it, matth. The odds are not in their favor, which is why you could buy the Bengals win the AFC North at plus nine hundred. But I don't know why anybody would look at Baltimore and feel like that they're gonna salt this thing away. Here in the next couple of weeks. And I feel the same way about the Pittsburgh Steelers. Cincinnati is three and one in the division. They're gonna get another crack at the Ravens here. I think there's hope. They have Joe Burrow back. They should get T Higgins back this week. Offensively, they're pretty damn healthy, and while I am skeptical that the defense has turned the corner, they certainly have shown some signs, some positive signs over the last couple of games. I think if you look at this division, the door is open. Pittsburgh had a chance to run away with it, couldn't. Baltimore had a chance to put the Bengals away, couldn't. And so the door might not be wide open, but it's at least a jar. And I think they're interesting here as we get set to watch the Bengals play the Bills on Sunday.
Speaker 1: And the Steel Curtain just gave up two hundred and forty nine yards rushing in Pittsburgh undred forty nine yards rushing, which is almost impossible.
Speaker 4: Somebody's got to win. Why do you like it or not?
Speaker 1: Ravens look terrible, Pittsburgh looks worse. Bengals are a rising someone has to win and likely Bengals had the tiebreaker, correct if they if they went out, If they went out, they're gonna win the division?
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 6: You know, I feel pretty good about that because they will have as they went out. And again, that is a major if you're asking a team that has been defensively one of the worst in history to win six consecutive games. But if they do that, they'll have a five to one record against the AC North. They'll have two head to head wins against the Baltimore Ravens. I believe if they get to nine and eight, they win. Now, can they go to Buffalo and win? Can they beat the Ravens here? Can they avoid stubbing their toe on the road against the Miami Dolphins. No. Answers are yes, yes and yes yes. Then I'm not sure the last two weeks it could be set up any easier for them with a home game against the Cargo who are not very good, in the home game against Cleveland Browns, who are atrocious. Again, I understand the mathematics of this. You need Pittsburgh and Baltimore to split with each other. You don't want one to beat the other. One twice, but those two teams are five hundred for a reason. It feels like both have kind of failed to put the Bengals away. And Joe Burrow is back, my guess is he's only going to get better. Zach Taylor does have a very good track record towards the end of the season in the regular season. I think there's legitimate reasons for hope BILLI I absolutely did.
Speaker 1: In the last three games, the Bengals defense have given up twenty nineteen and fourteen points, which is like fifth or sixth in the league. Something happened to the defense without Trey Henderson. I don't understand the Bengals give up twenty nineteen and fourteen points on average. They're giving up seventeen points a game, and I like the Bengals chances more than the other ones. Speaking of that, at the end of the season, you bring it up Scott sad Field, and as I recall, last year, they were five and two then collapsed with five consecutive losses.
Speaker 4: This year there's.
Speaker 1: Seven and one and then they lose four straight and I guess they're going to go to some bowl game the day after Christmas. Nobody's gonna want to go to that game. How come the Bengals go one direction at the end of the season and the Paracuts go another. Can you explain that one to the American people?
Speaker 6: Who's been worse in November? The Democrats in twenty twenty four, the Republicans in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: For Scott Sadderfield.
Speaker 1: I'm going with Scott Saderfield becaes that guy. I don't know if the longer he coaches each season, the worse the team gets.
Speaker 4: Am I right? The more the more they're around him, the more they lose. Have you noticed this or not?
Speaker 6: One and eleven in the month of November ten consecutive November when November started with calendar flipped. When the calendar flipped from October to November, the Bearcats were seven to one and in the thick of the AFC or the AFC the Big twelve title game race. When the month ended, four consecutive losses and while they are Bowl eligible, I think number one a very similar feeling to last year, where all the good vibes of the first half of the season were kind of undone by just an avalanche of like self inflicted mistakes over the last four games. Four losses against good teams. The four teams they played are each going bowling. I think Utah is good BYU's got a chance to play in the College Football Playoff, but the Bearcats got in their own way way too often. And I think the other thing that's troubling about it, Bill is if you look at the roster, their best players are all leaving, either because their college eligibility has expired or they're going to jump to the NFL. And so I think there's a real sense of opportunity lost here because when you have a roster like that where a lot of the best players are going to you're supposed to do more than just win seven games while you have those guys and you know, yes, we have the transfer portal and nil and you can turn things around pretty quickly. But I think there's a lot of uncertainty with the composition of the roster next season.
Speaker 5: I certainly don't.
Speaker 6: Think Scott Satterfield is going to be fired, and I do think relative to where things were when he took over, it's it's a it's to his credit that this team has become more competitive in the Big twelve, but I think it's very fair to wonder can this guy get them over the hump, especially when he has performed as poorly or his teams have performed as poorly in the month of November. That has come to define this program under Scott Saderfield, right, not necessarily that they always get off the strong starts, because the team two years ago or three years ago only won three games, but the last two years they were in a position to at least contend for a Big twelve championship, and in both cases they failed by not winning a game at all in the month of November. And I don't know what the answer for that to change is going to be. And if it doesn't change next year, my guess is we are talking about something that we're not talking about right now, which is the University of Cincinnati looking at a replacement.
Speaker 1: You may not know it, Mo, but one and eleven is not good. In fact, you know that's about nine percent of wins, and the faithful don't like that. We have Andy Mack coming up in about fifteen minutes to break down the Crosstown shootout. Later this week. It's going to be Miller time. It's going to be Patino time. You see, it's going in one direction. You had some tweets or x accounts about how bad the bear Cuts were the first half of the last game. They were awful. They were terrible. They had more turnovers than baskets made. Xavier's go in the opposite direction break down the Crosstown shootout mo.
Speaker 6: Well. I think it has to get Rich of Patino's team a lot of credit because three weeks ago when they were run off the floor by Santa Clara, a lot of folks talk at the skyline Chili Crosstown shootout the result was going to be inevitable, and I think as much as a lot of people didn't want to hear it at the time, they showed some signs in that loss to Iowa. Played very well in their MTE with Georgia and West Virginia. They have shot the ball better, They run good stuff offensively. I think the Bearcats are still looking for an identity. It will help if they have Boba Miller back, who is clearly their best player. Left the Louisville game in the second half, hasn't played since. We'll see if he goes tonight without him, who's going to carry the load offensively, Who's gonna get tough buckets in the tough arena. Who's gonna get buckets when the Bearcats are trailing in the second half by four and they need a basket. Who's going to keep the other team from going on an eight to ten point run. Who's going to help them get defensive stops? There are still it's very early December. First, there's still lots of unknowns about this team. And while I think the ceiling for the Musketeers is low, it's not an overly talented team. You can see guys I think kind of evolving into specific roles. I don't think that's happened with the Bearcats yet, and so it's going to be interesting. Look, Cincinnati hasn't wonted the Centa Center in twenty four years. I think there's a real sense of if not this year one, are you going to do it now? We said the same thing two years ago Xavier won that game. I think the noise is going to be awfully allowed and the conversations are going to be really interesting if the Bearcats don't win this one this year. But I think this game has gone from one that felt like, you know what, the Bearcats are very likely to win to one that I think is closer to a fifty to fifty game, and that's not something that I think fans of either team would have entertained three weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Lastly, I had on the governor to be viveg Ramaswami from Sandex High School, and he talked about year round schooling. It's not a policy prescription yet, he says, he's talking to parents and educators and teachers around the state. As the father of a little girl, what is your sense of year round schooling? Mo, if you were sitting here with Avake Ramaswami. I love saying his name because I can that. What would you say to avike rama Swami about year round schooling for your daughter?
Speaker 6: If you want me to vote for you, then stop talking about year round school Why my kid's not going to school year round? Okay, let's not rob our kids of summers. Like spending the summer with my kid. I do everything I can to make sure she's ready to go when the school year starts in August, which, by the way, the school year is starting in early August is stupid. If he really wants my vote, what he'll say is not only are we not going to have year round school. We're not going to send the kids back to school until after Labor Day.
Speaker 3: Correct, No, nobody.
Speaker 6: The teachers don't want to do it. Have a hard enough time retaining teachers as is. Now, let's take away the one character would make anybody want a tea each, which is you get ten weeks off. Let's rob these kids up their summers. No, summer is a time for family. It's a time for extracurricular activities. It's a time for learning things that you don't necessarily learn in the classroom. No. If if mister Ramaswami wants me to vote for him, then what he'll do is publicly, perhaps on your show, renounce his position that we're gonna have a year round school. This is the problem with adults. Adul't forget how cool it is to.
Speaker 3: Be a kid.
Speaker 6: Why is it cool to be a kid because you get ten freaking weeks off during the summertime. Do not take that away, dude, My kid is not going to school.
Speaker 5: You could send a.
Speaker 6: Truant officer to my house. I'll homeschooler if I have to. She is not sitting in a classroom in the middle of July when it's one hundred and five degrees out and pools are open. That ain't happening. So tell your boy he wants me to go to the ballot box and vote for him and not Amy acton. Oh, he probably still wants to put a mask in my kid. Yeah, you tell your boy he wants me to go to the ballot box and vote for him, get rid of this year around school conjecture and talk about doing something that actually can help people.
Speaker 1: Well, Mo, I'm with you on this one one hundred percent, because the summertime with my son was the best time, coaching and traveling and doing things together as a family. His argument is, too many kids fall behind in the summertime. They leave as third and fourth graders able to read, They come back two weeks in the middle of August, they can't read. They don't show up. Good parents don't need it. Bad parents do. But I just think the solution to the education crisis and urban areas is not year round schooling, because it'd be more true and see than there is today. Right now, forty five percent of kids in cps are chronically absent anyway, and if it was summertime, that would be ninety five percent, would be chronically absent, so I will work with him to earn your vote.
Speaker 6: Mo how about that, Well, that number is going to be one hundred percent of my house because we're not wrapping around the fourth of July holiday a bunch of homework where you got to get to school after the fourth of July holiday?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no no. I'm with you.
Speaker 1: A thousand plus teachers, underpaid, underappreciated, and overworked.
Speaker 4: The last thing they want to do is being schooled twelve months a year, even if they're paying a little bit of extra money. That's the good part about being a teachers. You're off for ten weeks and then you got the pension. If you put in thirty years of hard labor, then you get a pension. But nonetheless, to me, it's a good idea, but the implement implementation would be stupid, all right, Moager.
Speaker 6: The Crocus idea, it's awful. And and by the way, if we had the teachers go to school year round, guess what more school levies to pay for it. That's always a lot of fun. Tell your boy, okay, we got a year. Tell your boy wants me to go to the ballot box and vote for him. This is the issue I care about my kid ain't going to school year round.
Speaker 4: I'll pass it on mo.
Speaker 1: I like the fire get You have passion when it comes to a bak Ramaswami. Don't have passion about the crossdown shootout. I have passionate about me angry when the Bengals win. You don't have passionate about me thinking the Red's are not going to go anywhere because of the structure of Major League Baseball. Yeah, you don't have passionate about about Lane Kiffin going to LSU, But you have passionate about your daughter not going to school in the fourth of July.
Speaker 4: And I'm with you in that.
Speaker 7: Mo.
Speaker 4: I'm getting fired up, and I thank you very much, Thank you, Moe.
Speaker 6: I got a lot of passion. I got a lot of passionate about Lane Kiffin, idiotic that he thinks he could still coach at LSU when he's gone to work for a competitor. I got a lot of passion about the Reds not Son and kyleis Warber, not because of baseball's economics, but because they won't pay him. But yeah, you're right. More than anything, I hate it when adults take away the childhood of kids. I will not vote for. I don't care what party you're from. I will not vote for a potential elected official who chooses to take the childhood away from my daughter. Tell your boy got a here, I'm telling him, come up with something else.
Speaker 4: I'm telling him. I'm telling him, O, I'm telling him, thank you. Let's continue. Seven hundred wlwave you.
Speaker 7: Wins it the Musky's winning seventy one sixty nine and is the usually pancatch my number one in the country, Number two him around City seventy one sixty nine, winning proud of the triple drive for the left wing.
Speaker 3: Perry did inside the.
Speaker 7: Pre pro line Husky's winning seventy one sixty nine.
Speaker 6: Over U see incredible Number one goes down on their on floor.
Speaker 7: Oh hello, hello, Pyot And I'm spoke.
Speaker 3: I'm broadcasting you.
Speaker 4: Bony. Think we have Andy Mack in the studio with us to night, Willie, because of the the action coming up Friday night. Friday night, it's all going to be there.
Speaker 1: And it's been a quarter of a century since you sees one at the Sintas Centers at correct mac quarter of a century, Willie.
Speaker 4: Her grasp book history is right on point.
Speaker 8: It was two thousand and one, Huggs was the UC coach, and Fat Mada in his first shootout as a Xavier coach the only coach three of them then of Sconda to Ohio State.
Speaker 4: I'm scouted David West.
Speaker 8: Don't give me in this Xavior players sprained his ankle early in the ballgame.
Speaker 4: It would have been a completely difficult It would have wiped him out. You see, did what win by twenties seventy five fifty five?
Speaker 1: They had a hell of a team. Yeah, but UC's pretty good. But now they've gone on hard times. A week or two ago, the UC faithful told me Moeinger said, it's going to be a rough year for Xavier.
Speaker 4: In the sid TOAs center.
Speaker 1: Now, you see, in the first half of the last game they played, had more fouls than field goals made. So you see is collapsing under the boot of Wes Miller and now Xavier's a rising Give us a breakdown, Mac on Friday night.
Speaker 4: What's going to happen and how that that loss by UC?
Speaker 8: The Eastern Michigan has not been a decent team since their nickname was the Hurons, like fifteen years ago before.
Speaker 4: Wolken has said hit. You can't be a year hon or a chip Awa anymore.
Speaker 8: I think they're the Eagles now, you know, take five talues to coach Eastern Michigan.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that, or was it Detroit. I don't remember a coach Detroit. I know the Detroit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: He had a bunch of really good players there. Yeah, but he was a terrible coach. He was pretty brullial.
Speaker 4: We only had one high by the way, big.
Speaker 1: I thought he had two eyes. One was lazy and one was aggressive. I think one is like totally it's gone. He can't see. But break down the game, Mac, because you're here, I mean, we want to hear what's going to happen Friday night. Well, I've done my usual copious preparation. I distilled a little bit because I seldom use any of it when I'm here talking with you, Willie.
Speaker 8: But uh, you know, I've used AI and now to analyze all the data. AI segment. You know what AI is, Alan Iverson, That's it right there.
Speaker 5: AI.
Speaker 4: He had the ride in the mall in Virginia.
Speaker 8: I thought it was a one sauce a one, AI know, a one, But Ken Palm has the great U uh fount of all basketball statistics has now reversed his field. As both probably referred to, it was Xavier down by twelve early when we opened the season. They put the initial predictions on Ken Palm, Xavier was going to get blown out out of the water. Now Ken Palm, it just passed the fifty to fifty Xavier seventy two.
Speaker 4: U see seventy one, seventy seventy one xt Well, why play the game?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 8: As far as I'm concerned, we'll take a W and we'll move on to the next.
Speaker 4: The much trouble is Wes Miller in I know you care a lot about UC and I've heard Wes is really a nice guy. Some friends of mine drink with him at Pearls on Eastern Naw, everyone drinks with him.
Speaker 8: The strongest authorities I've ever heard him say is dang dang. I think he needs to be a little more demonstrative with his players.
Speaker 4: Maybe, but he may. He may be in practice Dan, but I think it.
Speaker 8: Would it would be it would be a good move by Wes to get to the NCAA tournament.
Speaker 4: He's O for four now is he's not good? Not good? Not good?
Speaker 8: And seeing that the Big twelve will have like eight teams in out of fifteen.
Speaker 4: Pretty good, does your mac.
Speaker 8: They got some some possibilities, but so it went over. Xavier certainly would help West he's got one though, he's got one. The bear Cat faithful he's got one win, right, But that that was that was a problem last year. I mean the officiating was terrible. Freemantle missed an open three that would have sent.
Speaker 4: It the ot.
Speaker 8: We had him foul to Xavior Blue like a seven point lead in the last final War. It's Freemantle doing these days. Free Mattle is playing for the l A Clippers. I believe at least he might be going up and down from the G League.
Speaker 1: But he gotta need help. The Clippers need help, that's for sure. And also breakdown if you can, Xavier, we're gonna look forward to I know right now. Richard Patino has the boys playing the best they've played, so kind of breakdown Xavier for us.
Speaker 8: Well, Xavior's time pretty well lately, and O Patino had nothing I'm the roster and not nothing, I mean nothing, he had no play. Roddy Anderson, who was red shirted last year, is a really fast point guard. That number zero is coming off the bench now, but he's playing like twenty four minutes a game. He's super fast. Zeroly playing a lot zero Saviors got six pretty solid guys. They shoot the three really well. They're not turning the ball over much. They melt their free throwsuc which is shooting their usual sixty four percent.
Speaker 4: Because the game sold out, I'm sure it is. Yeah, and the students are still there. Thank god.
Speaker 8: They haven't had the exam kids, so they'll be I sort of like I want it to be a bubbling cauldron of hate right now directed toward I mean, I like the bear.
Speaker 1: Cat John Cunningham, I mean Wes Miller. Who's the hate for, well, just in general, Geral my brother's John Cunningham.
Speaker 8: Really, I didn't know you were related. Yes, he's a good dude. I've never thought like him. Was a nice fellow.
Speaker 4: He's got football problems, would you agree?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 8: I mean they started so well, what they'd be, they would have been like eight and oh, but they gave away that Nebraska game too. I guess they couldn't figure out that Nebraska was only a two hour drive from Kansas City.
Speaker 4: They couldn't get that figured. That means they couldn't fit, but they took the three million.
Speaker 1: The other thing, I looked at the Zabiers. What about the Xavier women's basketball team? They just lost by sixty six points. How do you lose by sixty six points to Connecticut?
Speaker 8: You know they haven't been Connecticut does the the cattle. Yeah, but Xavier's got to be somewhat Competitorcket and you're talking all these great stars, but Xavior women's basketball hasn't been the same since that guy Chuck whatever his name is, of Scott to Ohio State. Him and Melanie Falcon was great and the Mark Healing, my good friend, was a terrific.
Speaker 4: Who coaches Xavier basketball?
Speaker 1: Now do you know I sixty six points?
Speaker 8: You know the average that's a loss, say average about thirty five turnovers a game.
Speaker 1: Or something thirty five. They have more turnovers than points. I don't want to get that like this.
Speaker 4: That's good. Don't get negative on the ladies. Just be factual. Correct.
Speaker 1: That's bad enough. Say give me into the stud's report. I went back to break Down Fire Mike Tomlin, get into that. Plus Lane Kiffin make the Xavier to start the basketball football program. Here you may maybe he's going to be a teacher at the College of Ostia Panthic Medicine. I'm told Lane Kiffin is going to come here. He's looking for opportunities, isn't he always? Seventy five million dollars? Wouldn't you go for sure?
Speaker 4: I mean everybody has a price, and it would be away. What's your price? Seventy five mili from he what's your price? Sag will He. The Astute Reporter is a proud service of your local tame Star Heating and air conditioning dealers Thamestar quality you could feel in beautiful Cincinnati Callwayoming Air one eight eight eight nine nine six h v A C Sports. Let's see willye college basketball tonight? Those Xavier Musketeers are in action at the Centas Center taking on Saint Francis. Saint Francis six point thirty seventy five krc DE talk station.
Speaker 8: A one man ten Saint Francis of Pennsylvania, not a sea in their same league. They have another Saint Francis in New York. That's really very confusing when they play each other. If they haven't any radio deals, how the radio guy go Saint Francis sixty two Saint Francis six.
Speaker 4: Sixty sixty two. Who wins Saint Francis? I don't know, I guess those Saint Francis. And then the Cincinnati Bearcats are at fifth third Arena tonight, Willy to take on Tarleton State out of Texas?
Speaker 5: What's that?
Speaker 4: The Texans are five and three, they've won three in a row. They're coached by former Kentucky coach Billy Gillespie.
Speaker 9: Really who out ran Alan Cuttler the cumber the Cutman.
Speaker 4: Remember ran that he ran the ran the Cutman into the office that day. What about that? And mac cum But Tarlton was like a cigarette brand. But say, are they a school or are they like out of Texas? Willy, but Saint Francis, how do you beat Saint Francis? Saint Francis of ASSISI he was special, right, But Xavier scheduling school they can beat before the crossdown shootout.
Speaker 8: Well, Saint Francis of pa is the three fifty six in the NATI sixty five not highly considered, you might say. And actually they are defunding or decriminalizing to D three next year.
Speaker 4: They're they're going lower. They're going lower.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but they've had some great players like Maurice Stokes played there.
Speaker 4: It's been about seventy years. Nor Van Leer was one of their great about sixty years.
Speaker 1: Sixty by, after all sixty years spent, being three hundred and sixty five ranked is not low enough.
Speaker 4: They want to go lower. They want to go to D four.
Speaker 8: They could go Naia or maybe Aau aau.
Speaker 4: That's a consider about the Villa. I've been there.
Speaker 8: They've been lost to that team. In nineteen ninety four, in the middle of a blizzard, we get up there and the team bus coming back from the shoot around went into a snow drift. And Pete Gillen as the coach, it's his final year. He goes, all right, all you scholarship guys, stay on the bus. You walk ons and Mark Smidra who went on to be a Marine Corps full bird colonel and did fingertip push ups at lunch for like Cowers, they pushed the bus out, and Smith is a hero. We had a point guard, Surewin Anderson, who still lives here in Cincinnati, the sixth man. He's a freshman. He forgot his gym shoes. He couldn't play, couldn't.
Speaker 4: Play, no shoes. He couldn't fire. There were no stores within Saint Francis. It is not the name of the city.
Speaker 1: They're in Loretta, Loretta Pa. I used to dad a woman named Loretta. That's a different story.
Speaker 4: She might have lived there. I don't know. They had great line up.
Speaker 1: This thing about having hair in her armpits that turned me off. Would you agree?
Speaker 4: It was a little It was a little rough up in Loretta, a little rough.
Speaker 1: They didn't have razors she had. She was Harry instead of Loretta. I called her Harry.
Speaker 8: That loss by Xavier cost him an ncaa bit because they were so low in the RPI.
Speaker 1: Because of Saint Francis, in the snow drift, players without shoes and ugly women.
Speaker 4: Please continue, Willie, let's see good luck to Anderson. Thursday, they will take on the Avon for the Division Tuesday championship in Canton. Who do you like there? Mac, I will take the local team, you know, raptors.
Speaker 8: Anderson has managed their enrollments, so they're just in Division two.
Speaker 4: That too, they expelled kids. You get too close, they expel a bunch of kids out. Get out of here. Saint x we'll go up against old and tangy Orange Friday for the Division one state champions Agent Orange. Who's no Northern Kentucky teams playing for a state title for the first time? What I could gather from first time since nineteen seventy eight, no team from Boone, Kenton or Campbell County playing for a title. Beechwood got beat. So they're playing Agent Orange. Who's sant X playing old and tangy Orange. They're very good. That's a Columbus happen. What about that out? They're out? They're out?
Speaker 1: Well, if Anderson gets too many kids, they kick out twenty kids and stay in Division two.
Speaker 4: Want to play X? Kentucky fired football coach Mark Stoops today. How much money? Say five and seven season he's owed? He had a contract through twenty thirty one remaining salary. He is a thirty seven and a half Wallian dollars for Kentucky football. Correct Mack your reaction.
Speaker 8: They got nipped by Louisville forty one nothing, so that that was the final nail.
Speaker 4: He's done a good job, done a great job.
Speaker 1: He gets fired and lose the Louisville by six touchdakes for I mean out the door.
Speaker 4: He's no who's going to hire him? Again are they? I think Ryan Kella as Doug Flynn pay him out of the Central Bank.
Speaker 3: He does.
Speaker 1: Wow, Mick, we got to go. But thanks for coming in to breakdown all the statistics.
Speaker 8: Musky's winning the seventy four to sixty nine the Andy mac prediction. But I'm not terribly objective.
Speaker 1: Write that down on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: By Billy cunning in The Great American this morning.
Speaker 1: Of many of the talk shows, Senator Mark Kelly, others, who are they are talking about possibly charging Pete heg Seth or Donald Trump once he leaves office with murder and war crimes. Actually incapability of running for reelection twenty twenty eight is not enough. But the allegation the charges might be murder Pete Heckseth, for example, and may be charged by a state, or by the Feds or by the Geneva Convention on a war crime. And this has to do with taking the lives and individuals involved in the international drug cartel trade. And also seemingly there's an allegation that a couple of the drug runners might have lived and we're on a raft and that heck Seth ordered their execution on a raft and Donald Trump was asked that question a few days ago, he said it didn't happen. Nonetheless, the allegation is tantamount to proof and the views of the mainstream media. So let's get what the what the framework is. Of course, Steve Gooden has for those who may not know, as an attorney, he's also been in the on the reserve for long periods of time. He's also taught courses on the Geneva Convention and Attorney Steve Gooden, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. Of all, Steve, tell the American people your credentials when it comes to this area, so we know of what you speak.
Speaker 5: Well, Dave, my pleasure. God.
Speaker 10: So yeah, when I was on active duty as a young captain in the JAG Corps during the Iraq War, I was down at Fort Bragg with the eighteenthar One Corps and I taught the rules of war law, rules of engagement, Geneva Conventions to a lot of the deploying troops. So you know, I've got some experience studying this, and I know that the rules of engagement can be kind of difficult to discern, particularly for civilians or folks who've never had to had to take a deep dive into that. So happy, happy to share with you what I know.
Speaker 1: All right, So Senator Kelly is making the allegation, which of course is true. What they're all saying is is black letter law. You don't have to follow an illegal order, an unlawful order. In fact, you're required not to follow it. But how do you know it's legal or illegal? How do you know if someone for example, the drone strike that Biden indirectly ordered on a family after the Cabbo massacre of our thirteen soldiers, he ordered a drone strike that killed like twenty family members, including mainly women and children. He said, oh, I'm sorry, it was a mistake, and that wasn't a big deal at all. But when it comes to two drug runners, in the media's perspective, it's a big deal. So what is a legal order? What's unlawful? During the fog of war? How do you know which is what?
Speaker 10: Well, first, let's have a moment of silence for the drug runners. I mean, this is a human I'm kidding. That's terrible.
Speaker 1: That Senator Kelly would like to have you understand that a murder was committed, a war crime was committed, and the victims were two cocaine drug runners out of Venezuela. Let's have a second of silence. That's enough tell us what the answer is.
Speaker 10: The answer is this, though it's like, it's actually a lot more simple than Senator Kelly seems to want to make it. I mean absolutely, a soldier, a marine, a Navy officer, midshipman, whoever it might be, does have an obligation not to follow an illegal order that is defined typically as your superior officer tells you to do something like shoot a prisoner or something to that effect. You have an obligation under the Geneva Convention to say no, you know, that's not how I was taught, that's not what we're going to do. But these big issues of policy, you have no obligation whatsoever. So I know in the past there have been people insinuating that National Guard troops who were deployed in DC had some obligation to resist under this idea that's an illegal order.
Speaker 5: That's not the case.
Speaker 10: That's a matter of public policy for the elected officials to decide. And so trying to figure out whether or not these interdiction actions they're taking down in the Caribbean primarily are are actually not part of an armed conflict, which is the whole issue.
Speaker 5: Wheer the Geneva.
Speaker 10: Convention, whether or not an actual armed conflict is going on, that is a policy decision well above the end of vidual sailors or Coastguard members pay grade. They're not required under the law to have to try to figure that out. Now, if there are specific orders that are being issued that they no violate the Geneva Conventions, like cruelty to prisoners, et cetera, that's another matter. But I think that is murky at best, and I think this is all just a lot of political chess stumping that's going on at this point.
Speaker 1: So if it's a policy matter, soldiers can't involve themselves or airmen in that. If it's an order to do something, Donald Trump is saying, I am sure that Hexseth did not order two guilty individuals on a raft to be executed. They were like giving up, so in battle, this in a sense is a war. If they give up, raise the white flag, say I surrender. Does that mean they can't be harmed.
Speaker 10: Under the Geneva Convention yes, and under our rules of engagement yes. So somebody really did surrender and they fired on them and shot at them.
Speaker 5: Then they might have a problem.
Speaker 10: But just the practicality of a court martial, and I've done court martials, is that you know, you can bring the charges, but typically in my experience, and I only did a handful of them down at Fort Bragg, I mean, you're entitled what they call a panel, which is a jury of your peers, which are soldiers who are of your rank or higher, and they tend to there's a lot of jury nullification that goes on under those circumstances. They tend to give the individual soldier the benefit of the doubt in these cases, and it's one of the reasons why a lot of them are not brought. So you know, yes, you have this, like you know, theoretical scenario where you could bring up an individual, you know, soldier or sailor on some sort of on a court martial for doing something to a surrendering individual, but proving that is very, very difficult, and you really don't have a prosecuting witness unless, you know, unless there's video, which in a lot of cases there is some drove video these days, but even that can be in So I think this is all in all likelihood much to do about nothing. I do think and hope that the Trump the First Department or Department of War I guess they call it now, does do a better job of flushing out the fact that this is an armed conflict and actually putting out some policy papers explaining why we're there. That is the kind of thing that does trigger and change the rules of engagement legally. I mean, right now, you know, I guess the argument that a Senator Kelly has is, well, it's not really a war, so there really are no of the military style rules of engagement going on, so any person who's killed is being murdered. I don't know that that's really the case, but I do know that the Trump folks, I think, need to get a better paper justification out for what we're doing in the Caribbean. I do think there's likely some precedent for what they're doing, but I don't know that they've really stated that publicly in the way that they need to to define it as an armed conflict. But all that being said, I just don't see usual court martials being referred for these sailors or I guess they're Coast Guard members. I'm not sure exactly who is actually doing the.
Speaker 4: Fire ivy sealed tamer in its Navy pilots and Seal Team members, so.
Speaker 10: Well, and yeah, and that's if that's the case, then the good luck convincing their commanding officer if you refer them for court martial, because.
Speaker 5: That's how this starts.
Speaker 10: I mean, you know, it's a little different than the civilian system that you're commanding officer that you work with every day that refers you for a court martial, that says that you're out of line. I mean, they go and they involved the JAG lawyers, but it ultimately boils down to the chain of command. So good luck to that.
Speaker 1: The last time America declared war was nineteen forty one, so it's been it's been about what eighty four years, been a while, and so all the military actions since nineteen forty one have not been under a declaration of war. Does it since you're a military or been a military attorney who taught subjects, does it make a difference to the Seal Team or to naval pilots of which Senator Kelly was one, whether a declaration of war has been declared or simply another military action. We've had hundreds of military actions in the last eighty four years. Does that make a difference.
Speaker 5: It really doesn't.
Speaker 10: I mean the term is armed conflict that they use now, I mean, you know, we had we you know, we had you know we Actually you're right, we haven't had a war declared since World War Two. But then we had the Korea Police Action and they kind of gave up on those terms. We were in Vietnam for god knows how many years without a declaration of war.
Speaker 5: Likewise, in Iraq, in.
Speaker 10: Afghanistan, under the Geneva Conventions and under our you know, internal rules of engagement, the term is armed conflict. We have to show that the individuals that that you're you're engaging with are capable of either returning fire or are engaged in some sort of terrorist type activity like the urban terrorism we saw, you know, in Iraq. So it really we don't need a declaration of war to trigger these rules in these rules of engagement.
Speaker 1: Now, the flip side of this, I'm listening to Senator of Gegos of Arizona about a week ago, and he put out the missive that guess what, at some point soon I guess three years from now, maybe hopefully at seven years from now, but maybe as soon as three years from now. The Congress is going to change, the presidency may change, the Senate's going to change. And the senator, the good senator from Arizona, said, you know, what we're going to do is go after those who gave these who followed illegal orders. That I guess the naval pilots. I guess Pete Hegseth, I guess Donald Trump, maybe jd Vance. Senator Diego said, guess what. Right now, it may be non prosecutable, but when we take over, we're going to prosecute the Secretary of Defense or the Secretary of War. We're going to go after the pilots themselves for following an illegal order. Since you've been in the military as far as Geneva Convention, how would that look like if five years from now the president's different and they go after the naval aviator who lit up those cocaine boats, what would that look like?
Speaker 10: Well, it would it will be a very sad day for the country, and it would really be undermining the rule of law. I mean, there is sort of this weird attenuated process whereby the Senate I guess, could could through its oversight capabilities ultimately have hearings in refer individual service members for prosecution in the federal court system. But that's something that I don't know that has occurred ever. I mean, even back in the time of the Myli massacre. I think there's always been a deference to an allowance for the military justice system to take precedent because there's just this, I mean, just the bottom line is that really only other military personnel could put themselves in the shoes of the individual who is being court martialed and being charged, and there's some deference that comes with that. There's some common sense in that, and I mean we've had this court martial system pretty much for as long as as we've had a military, even going back to revolutionary war days. So I mean, look, there is a theoretical way that that could occur, but it hasn't occurred in our system before, and I think it would really really undermine military morale. I mean, if there is this idea that you're going to take individual soldiers who were following what appeared to be lawful orders and because now the elected officials later I disagree with the policy behind those decisions, that you're going to pull them out of the military justice system and try to force them into the federal criminal system.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think that.
Speaker 10: Would destroy morale, It would undermine what we have built over the last two hundred and thirty four years in terms of a military justice system, and it will be a very very bad day for everybody involved. If they don't like it, then they need to, you know, they need to in some way or another make their political arguments about what's going to happen here, rather than try to go after the service members who were really just trying to do their job.
Speaker 4: For what I can tell, yeah, Steve goodin military type attorney, the Trump administration wants to go after our Senator Mark Kelly to put them back in the military. I think he's fully retired now and court martial him for what he said on the video.
Speaker 1: Is it fair to say what he and the other four Democrats said on the video itself is black letter law, which is you don't have to follow in illegal order.
Speaker 4: But that wasn't their intent.
Speaker 1: What would you describe as their real intents other than telling the military what it already knows.
Speaker 10: Well, you know, I've watched that video at three or four times trying to discern whether or not there is something court martial abole if that's a word in the video, and my opinion is just my opinion, is.
Speaker 3: It truly not.
Speaker 10: I think they were being very cute in what they did. They were clearly making an effort. Kelly and all the other people on the video were clearly trying to tell send a message of political message to troops that they should, in some way or another not follow along with the policy, either whether it be in d C or an urban deployments or in the Caribbean going after these drug places. But they don't specifically tell them which orders they feel are unlawful. And it's that lack of specificity that I think probably keeps them from being returned to active duty in court martial. A lot of folks don't notice, but you know, when you are retired, you can be return actually was involved in the case of where this happened, where you can be brought back onto active duty in court martialed if they find that you did something while you're on active duty that was actionable, or whether you're doing something to affect morale and so forth.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 10: So it was very clear to me watching that video that they that it had been. The words were very lawyered, very Bill Clinton esque, where you know, they're kind of they kind of cut through this middle ground where they go right to the line of saying, you know, of urging soldiers and sailors not to engage in certain activities.
Speaker 5: But then they pulled act. They speak in generality.
Speaker 10: So I don't think there's going to be a successful court martial there of Senator Kelly or any of these other folks. I think that's also kind of political theater at this point, but it is very distasteful. It is bad, and I think everyone's got a right to call these guys out because they are going right up to the line of telling troops not to obey.
Speaker 5: Their commanding officers.
Speaker 10: And that is a very strange place to be, particularly for elected officials, and particularly people like Senator Kelly who have national profiles and who have kind of gotten themselves into the Senate largely because of their military credentials. It's a very strange place to be. Again, they're they're trying to thrust individual members of our military into these big public policy decisions that is to be hashed out in DC and at the Pentagon and in the Senate and in the White House. It's not to be hashed out on individual military basis.
Speaker 5: Chips.
Speaker 1: You know, Steve Gooden, I could see B two pilot saying, you know what, I don't think dropping those the mothers of all bombs, those bunk or buster bombs and nuclear sights. I don't want to do that. I'm not going to do that. And I think it's a bad policy to blow up these drug runners. I don't want to do that. Or if the next time we have something at Heaven's Gate as I call it in Cobble and there's thirteen American Service personnel about to be blown up, and all of a sudden, someone says, you know what, I'm leaving this. This is too dangerous for me. I don't want to be in this Foxhoul. I'm getting the hell out of here. That's illegal, It's unlawful to do that. Wouldn't that so absolute chaos in the military, which is what the Democrats intend, of course.
Speaker 10: I mean, look, these issues have been legislated and litigated to hell and back over the past one hundred and fifty years or so, so I mean, really, the way it works is if you disagree with if you were in the military service. If you've been drafted previously or enlisted now and you truly disagree with the policy and the war or whatever armed action is being undertaken, you have two two options.
Speaker 5: One is you can get out.
Speaker 10: Most of the time, we'll have a what they call a chapter proceeding and they'll let you go. Second, if you're still on active duty and they can't let you go for whatever reason, you can argue that you're a conscientious subjector and there's a procedure for that, and they try to figure out whether you have some sort of uh, you know, religious belief or or other belief that would entitle you to some sort of conscientior or conscientious objector status. But other than that, sorry, you don't get to you know, there's you know, there's almost two million people at the different bridges of the military right now. We can't have two million different takes on the policy behind it. If you're in the military, you have to obey orders. That's the whole point of it. And UH and just and even even you know, four star generals at the at the end of the day have to obey what the Secretary of Defense and the UH and the and the and the Commander in chief and our other leaders, civilian elected leaders tell them to do. There are many times, particularly saw this during Iraq and a game stand where there's different parts of the war where clearly there were disagreements among the higher ranking generals. But at the end of the day, you know, we have civilian control of the military. It's a top down organization. It has to be a top down organization in order for it to work. And the orders are given and they have to be followed. So unless you fall into one of these specialized like conscience subjective kind of statuses, it doesn't matter. And we can't have you know, two million plus different different takes on things. No one's really interested in your opinion when you're in the military.
Speaker 1: A JAG attorney, former JAG attorney, Steve good and we have to run. But the military is stainless characters, and the Democrats want to sew the idea of insurrection. If someone would say I'm not following that order, sir, they'd be on CNN first thing in the morning. But Steve goodin, once again, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Steve, you're a great American. Thank you, Thank you, sir, take care.
Speaker 4: God bless you always continue with more. There you have it.
Speaker 1: Bill Cunningham on seven hundred wlwh Bengals.
Speaker 11: What an adjustment to the ball by Hudson And do you knock sober the back right pilot for a fourteen yard touchdown Joe Burrows first since returning from the toe injury.
Speaker 4: Hello, Wyett, I'm spoke.
Speaker 3: I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: God saying rock I have the five games right here. I'm gonna hold it.
Speaker 4: Results not yet, of course, I'm listening and watching them get it against the Ravens, and I'm angry.
Speaker 1: At the end of the game. I'm thinking, where was that team all year? Why can't they do that on a regular basis like a champion team would do, could do, should do? Like the forty nine ers did it for years. So Joe Montana or Pittsburgh did it for years? Uh, just Ben Roethlisberger picked the team. Tom Brady did it for years. That team dominated the Ray and I was unhappy. Can I understand my psychologically what I go through?
Speaker 9: No, yes, I understand, but again, not taking anything away from the wind. But Baltimore turned the ball over five times. Some of that because of what the Bengals did, but five times Lamar Jackson doesn't look good. It looks like Michael Jackson. Yeah, set the Lamar.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know are they going to do anything. Most importantly, everything went all right with you at the Palacial Estate and thunder getting correct.
Speaker 6: We had.
Speaker 4: Nobody, no injuries, no hospitalization or nothing. Everywhere well.
Speaker 1: We had the manes were done by four, the ladies going nuts. Then they come up ed Reddin's Fine Meats. They catered the whole thing, came in with the turkey and mashed potatoes to the dressing some of the ladies, and we had twenty two people and it all went very well, no issues. In fact, they stayed around and watched the Bengals game. What about the reef, it's lit and it's up. Stayed up about eleven o'clock on Thanksgiving, noight. I went upstairs, put my pajamas on, in my uh in my house coat, and came down and my pj's on and said, everybody, it's time to go.
Speaker 4: That that one that looks like Hefner right there. Are you ready?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 6: Go?
Speaker 1: First matchup was Green Bay and the Lions. The Rockhead green Bay win seg had the Lions. Willie had the Lions. Give you plus one right there. Second game is Kansas City in Dallas. The Rockhead Kansas City seg had Dallas, yay.
Speaker 4: I had Kansas City. Yay.
Speaker 1: There's one for me, one one zero. Third game Baltimore and Cincinnati. Rock Baltimore seg Cincinnati, baby Willie Baltimore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I believe. I believe he said, like Baltimore Baltimore already.
Speaker 1: Then we had the Bears in the Phillies, not the Phillies, but the Eagles. Are you ready, yes, Rockhead, the Bears seghead Philly. Willie had the Bears. So right now it's the rock has two. Seg has two and I have two. Now we go to the tie breaker.
Speaker 4: St X v. Middletown. We go, but we gave.
Speaker 1: You ten points controversial.
Speaker 4: Would you agree?
Speaker 1: Yes, well, Rockhead Saint X minus ten, Seghead Middies plus ten. I had Saint X Bingo bongo bango three three two. You lose hot Foot Sunny to each of us along with North Carolina is going to win seven games seven games?
Speaker 4: Are you paid off the they you owe me one that that you paid that off? I did because you bet me on molar and you bet me on another that one.
Speaker 9: He still owe me one for for the net result of those two games plus one on this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you sound like betting Joe Dieters. I'll never get paid from him either. I owed you something from somewhere before that. What you're saying and say, how do how do I beat you consistently? But I direct you picked Moler. I picked X and they're big matchup. So yeah, he seems to forget these things. Yeah, we won once again, but we don't get paid. That. That was your same. I met like two sundays here. I know, we'll leave a hot fud Sunday in the studio to you get back next week.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go play golf for final. It'll just melt. I'm gonna go hit the ball in Naples. They're angry, high temperatures early seventy eight. I said, guys, I'll be there to seventy tough. I'll be there tonight. What's the big issue around the club? I remember a couple of years ago was like that. The custard, like when you wanted chocolate, a little bit of a nello would hang over, and this was a huge problem. What are the big issues facing the country club these days. It is the alligator still at your door. There's a big alligator down there called Big Owl. Do you want to leave big Al alone?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: I used to walk at night through the to the golf course. Guess what I don't walk at night through the golf course Big Owl. But we have many issues at Port Royal and the Paul New issues.
Speaker 4: Yes, where are they? What black topping the driveways. There's a couple of women when they cut the grass and the liver where the grass savings get something instead of a quarter? Bob co Opp knows what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Well, there are some women that walk into the dining room with a certain kind of a heel and they click when they hit the floor the porcelain tile, click click click, And some of the diners.
Speaker 4: Be tough on the rock must be how do you deal with these? Some of the diners are saying is disrupting the mood. That's like the sound of pickleball letting people up. I'm going, well right, Pennies like the oversea everything he's in charge of bears, so she's gonna get on the ladies that were the wooden heels she.
Speaker 1: Said, we're not going to address this issue. Another complaint from a member apparently my shrimp flombay, and all of a sudden here.
Speaker 4: Clink clink, click, clink, clink, click click, And.
Speaker 1: So there's a motion of the next board meeting to bar women from wearing heels that calls noises.
Speaker 4: Is that a problem? Big one, many bigger ones. Yeah, we got great, we got Ukraine and Russia and and and you with the shoes at the pall.
Speaker 9: That's a bigger problem than Ole Miss has. Right now, what would you do?
Speaker 5: It is late.
Speaker 1: I watched this morning steven a and and Paul. They went out at hard and the issue on one side of the table is he recruited every player, he hired every coach six years at Old Miss.
Speaker 9: He got them to places they never ever, ever would have been since nineteen sixty. I don't recall what happened with Johnny Pother or somebody anyway, And now he's leaving for like eighty million dollars instead of I guess the Old Miss said we'll match it, and he said no.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So it's not the money, because yes, they would have matched it. It's the fact that is a popular opinion and somewhat justified that if you want to win a national championship, if you're Lane Kiffing, you have all the money, you got all that, but you want to go down history is winning a national title.
Speaker 4: The popular opinion is.
Speaker 9: There's about four or five schools that you can really do that at LSU's one of them.
Speaker 1: Ole Miss is not historically. Now, Brian Kelly win a national that's your guy from Notre Dame.
Speaker 9: I know, yeah, I would argue that. Okay, I understand that five years ago. But now, with nil and the movement of the players, I think you can build Old Miss into a roster because all they care about is the money and I having.
Speaker 4: A great coach.
Speaker 9: I mean, who get the top offensive players, you know, quarterbacks, receivers in the country.
Speaker 4: Everything here in Oxford?
Speaker 9: I would if I had taken a visit to Oxford, I would have second guessed my college choice.
Speaker 1: What's better about Oxford, Mississippi than Oxford, Ohio, asked Bill Belichick. Is Jordan Hudson from there?
Speaker 6: Not?
Speaker 9: Well, but there's got a lot of a lot of girls that look like Jordan Hudson, a lot of twelves running around there.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm just gonna say. It's gonna tell you there's nothing Baton Rouge. There's none in South Bend. We know that.
Speaker 9: But if you if you go to Ole Miss like it's an isolated campus.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like almost like.
Speaker 9: Miami Oxford, where it's kind of like it's separate, it's away, it's it's kind of your own.
Speaker 4: Little kingdom there.
Speaker 9: It's beautiful, it's warm, beautiful people everywhere, the LSU.
Speaker 4: It's like a place. But yeah, you're kind of dealing with what.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It just doesn't seem as likely beautif. But again, they have the money. What about the click click click in the dining room. I mean, somebody on top of that.
Speaker 1: I told you better get on top of that. We can't have that. How about Kentucky fire Mark Stoops.
Speaker 9: That is dumb because they fire him now they only might think thirty thirty seven million, and they do it at the end. Here, there's no good candidates out there anymore. I know they hired who they hired, the guy from Morgan.
Speaker 4: How about Chuck Martin. I mean you didn't know about Chuck Martin. Chuck Martin should should be considered like that. And I explained this to you off here. Everyone's looking for the.
Speaker 9: Next hot like you know, offensive coordinator, young guy, this and that. Give me somebody that consistently wins, year after year, through ups and downs, consistently wins.
Speaker 1: That's what Chuck Martin does. The quarterback walked off the team two weeks ago. What he kept blinding? I know I would dominate Kentucky. Why don't they want what you tell you?
Speaker 4: It's the Kurt Signetti model Indiana.
Speaker 9: Instead of trying to find some guy that calls great plays and he's young and he's their five and all that, how about hire a guy that every place he's been winner like Signetti, he wins I U p U I where else he was some dto schools, he just wins, wins. When Chuck Martin's that mount wins. Chuck Martin not to go to Kentucky. He should well, they already hired someone. But it just seems stupid. It doesn't look like a college football coach. Chuck Martin looks like a high school football coach. Signetti doesn't look like. It doesn't look like Lane Kiffin, doesn't look like.
Speaker 4: Does it matter? That shouldn't matter what you win.
Speaker 9: But the problem is is you know, you're dealing with a fam The presidents of these schools and athletic directors, they're so scared to make a big time choice where you got to like put your you know what's on the line because they care about, Oh, what's the fans gonna think?
Speaker 4: Who cares with a fan?
Speaker 9: Go with your gut. Go with a guy who wins football games? How about that area? Anywhere everywhere he's been, whatever level, does he win consistently? Does he turned programs around? That's who I would hire Chuck. I would prioritize that over the guy who's the best play caller, has this some crazy unique offense.
Speaker 4: Everybody has that some sports and make it fast?
Speaker 5: Will he?
Speaker 4: The student reporters proud service of your local Tame Star Heating and air Conditioning dealers Tamestar Kaala you could feel in Northern Kentucky call any weather Heating and Air eight five, nine, seven, eight one forty eight twenty two sports. The Bengals Update brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town, Willy and Northern Kentucky. Bengals Line tonight at six oh five. Bengals coming off that big win Thanksgiving night, and now the Buffalo Bills are on the road on Sunday. Are they going to beat the Bills on Sunday?
Speaker 6: Rock?
Speaker 4: Yes, please continue. Bearcats and Tarlton State tonight six thirty on seven hundred WLW excellent the guitar former UK coach Billy Gillespie. He's probably running against Alan Cutler to the fifth third arena. Saint Francis takes on Zager tonight six thirty fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: What is Carlton is a Carlton, Tarlton, Carlton cigarette cigarette no Tarbo Texas five and three.
Speaker 4: They've won three in a row and they're one. One main guy is Deor Johnson. He's pouring in about thirty points a game and Zager's playing Saint Francis.
Speaker 5: Of a c C.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that guy's charitable. Do you blame Lane Kiffin or do you blame the system?
Speaker 4: This system? The system. The system's got to be changed.
Speaker 9: Lane Kiffen deserves some level of blame for out but the system is gotta change.
Speaker 4: It's got a change.
Speaker 9: You can't in the NFL, you can't A coach can't leave and go to another team.
Speaker 4: In the middle of the season. In the season, why not wait until February till things.
Speaker 9: There needs to be a head person overseeing all of college football because right if you're Greg Sank, you're the commissioner of the SEC. All you care about is the SEC. You'll give a damn what happens with the Big Ten as long as you're branding the money and you're on top. You want the rules and the regulations designed to help you be the best, so that if someone needs to be over top of all of them saying, Okay, this may not be the best for u SEC, but it's best for all of college football, and everybody wins, everyone gets paid.
Speaker 4: That's what needs to happen.
Speaker 1: Say give me out of the Student's Report, please getting ready for all things, including the Crosstown shoot out, the Bengals and St X Anderson I was playing for state titles.
Speaker 4: Later in the week, Willia and Honor of the Snow on the way with Ted McKay. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stooge Report. Life's never easy in the National Football League. This is It's just amazing, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It's Dave Lappham, the legendary sixty two a news radio seven hundred WLW