Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 1: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Here we go again.
Speaker 4: We're gotta running back.
Speaker 5: To get in on the show called eight six six eighty seven two five seven, and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you catch your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Here's your host, David Vasse.
Speaker 4: Lasting welcome the Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: David Vasse with you until midnight tonight on AM five to seventy LA Sports. We have phone lines open at eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy after the Dodgers play their first extra innings game of the season, beating the Rockies eight to seven in eleven innings. That's right, the Dodgers had played ninety one games without extra innings, and in game ninety two, Tanner Scott gave up three runs in the ninth inning, blowing the save to force extra innings and the Dodgers come out on top in eleven eight to seven eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. Now you know we've been keeping track of this since what game sixty five, since it was brought to my attention by our guy Dwayne McDonald here. So I've been keeping a running tab on all this, and I still remember having it burned in my brain now for the rest of my life that the two thousand and five Red Sox opened up the season playing ninety eight games without extra innings. So I'll always remember the twenty twenty six Dodgers for a obviously being very talented, possibly B three peating and c playing ninety one games before having an extra innings affair. And that's what we had tonight. And the Dodgers come out on top eight to seven in eleven. And remember last week somebody brought up the bullpen and how good it's been, and I said, yeah, that's the reason why they haven't played extra innings. But Tanner Scott, who's been phenomenal this year, had a little hiccup. It happens, he gave up three runs in the ninth inning. Kyle Carros my guy, with an RBI bass hit to start the rally. Cole Carrig with a two run base hit as well, got the Rockies tied, and it almost was a four run ninth inning if it wasn't for Andy Pie has his strong arm Miguel Rojas as savvy to be able to get the ball to Dalton Rushing for the play at the plate, rushing giving Hunter Goodman the lane, and also putting the tag on him to send it into a tied game into the bottom of the ninth inning. So all those things played a part of the Dodgers going extra innings. But like I mentioned last week, how good the Dodgers have been and undefeated season until tonight after leading after eight innings, So I don't think that counts, but I mean, I guess it does. They were leading after eight innings, so I guess you could say they're fifty six and oh. Now, I mean they did give up the lead, but they did come back to win, So they are fifty six and oh after leading after eight innings technically. But I want to talk about my guy, Dalton Rushing, another one of my guys, and look, he's an emotional player, there's no doubt about it. But I love his edge and I love how he makes things uncomfortable sometimes for his teammates and especially the other team. And cole Kerrik looking at him in his eyes before the game I was introduced to him, and then seeing his eyes in that play at the plate in the tenth inning, that doesn't seem to.
Speaker 4: Be a dude I would want to mess with. But then you look at Dalton Rushing and when I asked him what he said to Cole Kerrik, he had the fire still in his eyes, and I was like, that's a guy I don't want to mess with. I'll just leave it right here.
Speaker 2: So two guys that it doesn't seem like you really want to mess with, and you had two emotional players and that's what took place. And look, Cole Kerrick's foot seemed to get tangled on the play at the plate where he was called safe. He was safe at the plate. So here's my thing, Cole Carrick. We grew up in LA with a guy by the name of Mike Soosha who had concussions, was sent into the first row at Dodgers Stadium and came back to play the next day. Did he start a fight with Jack Clark or Norm Charlton. No, he just held onto the ball and kept going and vice versa. Runners on the Dodgers and other players that back in the day were allowed to collide with catchers. There was a lot more contact back in the day, Cole Kerrick, when you were like ten years old. So just because your foot got caught under Dalton rushing doesn't mean it was a dirty play.
Speaker 4: It was just an awkward play.
Speaker 2: It happens, And honestly, that was an example of how bad the rule is, the Buster Posey rule.
Speaker 4: When that was first implemented, catchers actually said the runners were at more risk now of getting injured and Cole Carrot could have turned his ankle or torn some ligaments in his ankle with that awkward play at the plate, say with Hunter Goodman in the ninth inning. Dalton Rushing was not at risk. It was the runner and that's why it was such a ridiculous rule. Again, kind of like Rubin Tahada in twenty fifteen, Buster Posey. If you ask any catcher that understands the fundamental ways to block the plate, we'll tell you that Buster Posey was out of position when they decided to overreact and put in this Buster Posey rule. More catchers ask will Smith get concussions off of foul balls on their mask than plays at the plate.
Speaker 2: Those are far and few between. And now you've put runner in peril like Cole Carrott was, and it almost started a big fight. I mean, bench is cleared, bullpens emptied thanks to the buster posey rule. Tonight's game brought to you by Modello Modello. The Mark of a Fighter. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Rockies eight to seven in eleven. But going back to Rushing, I have no problems with him. Sometimes he does take it a little bit too far, especially when he gets emotional with his own teammate like show Hey Otani and doesn't want to challenge a pitch that O'tani wants to. But you saw it in Otani's last start that rushing cot Were there any issues.
Speaker 4: No. Rushing made a few outs tonight. Were there any issues No?
Speaker 2: But Rushing helped the Dodgers win in many different ways tonight. He set up Otani's go ahead two run home run with a double leading off the third inning. He also scored on a base hit to center field, where it was a bang bang play with him at the plate. An aggressive send by Dino Ebel on a base hit to center field in the fourth inning Rushing gave him everything that he needed to send him and he was safe. So two doubles, three runs scored in an RBI, not to mention two plays at the plate, and he walks off the game with a broken bat and he got to love what he said after the game that bat had a lot of hits in it. He's going to miss it, so sorry. You know, if Dalton Rushing wasn't on the Dodgers. He's that type of player where when he's on your team, you love him. When he's on the other team, you hate him. He's that polarizing of a player. But the Dodgers have got a love having him. Eight six six seven two five seventy. Let's go out to Lars, who is at Dodgers Stadium tonight.
Speaker 4: Hi, Lars, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 6: Great to talk to you, and just got back to field each year on the drive home. But what a game. I'm still riveted from what went down. Two questions for you and one apology to all of Dodgers Nation. I fear that I jinxed the game and send it into extrainings. I was keeping score and I wrote down I'm looking at it right now on the bottom of my scoreesheet. This was in the ninth inning. I tell you, Dodgers sixty is win before the All Star break, best in baseball. And then I got up from my seat to get a head start to the car, of course, never leaving the stadium before the game ends, but trying to get a little head start. And then things turned south on Tanner Scott, so I went back to my seat. We got back on track and wanted on a walk off thanks to Dalton Russian. He's just a great competitor at love him.
Speaker 4: I hope fans appreciate him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and we talked about him the other day. He was so nice to my son the last two spring training. So it really is this Jackal and Hyde where like, personality wise, he's such a nice guy and amazing with kids, and then you get him on the field and the fire comes out. But man, that's who you want behind the plate. So he just does a great job for us all the time. My questions are these. One is in extra innings. I realized I haven't scored a game in extra innings because of course the Dodgers haven't taken us there. It's funny starting with a runner at second base, and then when he scores, you can't fill in the diamond. He had this like awkward triangle. Am I right in scoring the game that way?
Speaker 4: Yeah? For sure.
Speaker 2: You put the runner there, and that's the way you score it. I mean it's a it's a ghost runner or a place runner, or as Charlie Stunner likes to say, the Manfred man. I mean, there's no way to score it. And it's weird how a pitcher would get an earn run for that runner scoring. I mean that just doesn't add up. So it's a weird rule. But the intention is to shorten games so they don't go eighteen innings. And I thought the Rockies and Dodgers played it the right way. I did wonder, you know, having Edmund bunt with rushing behind him.
Speaker 4: I thought that was.
Speaker 2: You could have made a quick regroup and have Rojas laid down the bun if that's what you wanted to do. Would not burn Edmond in that situation. But yeah, that's it's a weird rule. It's a weird rule because in baseball, every run, every runner is accounted for when you keep scoreing earn runs and all that, so it's weird in the regular season, for sure, Lars, But I.
Speaker 4: Don't hate it as much as I did at the beginning. It's fine. It makes it interesting, like it did tonight.
Speaker 6: It looked even weirder in the score book because he usually have the diamond that you fill in, and now suddenly I had this like awkward triangle in my scorebook, and I was like, oh, I haven't done that yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the other least the run when the run scores, it's an unearned run.
Speaker 6: Oh I didn't know that. Oh that's good enough, excellent. Well, I won't fill it in.
Speaker 4: Then you got to fill it in, but don't charge the picture with an earn run at the final box.
Speaker 6: Exactly on the base running era on the Rockies in the sixth am I right in thinking that Andy Andy Pajez gets credit for an outfield assist. I think that double play would go eight three six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got it tonight. He got McCarthy at first base and he got good Men at home plate.
Speaker 4: Tonight. I guess he gets the outfield assist on that.
Speaker 7: I love that.
Speaker 6: How far ahead is he in the in the All Major League Baseball and outfield assist I think he's leading.
Speaker 2: He is leading and that's why he's an All Star, All Star center fielder. Thanks for the phone call, Lars, appreciate well. A lot of scoring questions right there. I'll have to look right now the updated But last time I think Pa has is that nine outfield assists. I'll have to uh check to see how many he has for this season. Eight six, six nine, eight seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Scooter in l A. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Scooter?
Speaker 6: Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 4: Dave doing great? How about you?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 8: Good? Yes? I want to say, you know what, Tannis Scott. You know, I kind of had a little flashbacks from from last season with him. I hope he's just a you know, a bad game and it doesn't cao to a next outing. And the other thing is, I mean, I love it the Dodgers are winning. I love it the way ahead in their division. But it concerns me a little bit that these other teams in our division are not pushing the Dodgers, man, because you know how it was a few seasons ago when they would win division by twenty games or whatever and then get knocked out in the first round by Arizona or the Padres and stuff man, And.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you know what the difference is, Scooter, You know what the difference is this year?
Speaker 8: No, I don't.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers are back to back champions, which means they know how to win. And if you go back to listen to our pregame interview with Max Muntsey, I asked him the same question you asked me, and that's what he said. This team is has a better mindset to be able to stay in the moment and worry about tonight's scheme than those teams did, because why they know how to win. It's not experienced. It's not experience, it's knowing how to win. And the Dodgers have proven that the last two years they know how to win.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, I hope you're right, David. I mean, I hope they win one hundred and.
Speaker 8: Twenty games, but I just hope I just take the momentum into the playoffs.
Speaker 4: All right, Scooter, thank you for the phone call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, that's something that I'm sure a lot of people are worried about now, and that's going to be the narrative in the second half of the season, because when the Dodgers have won one hundred games and they've had big leads going into September, they've had first round flameouts, and that those teams in twenty two and twenty three number one were not as talented as this one. The twenty two team, you can make an argument, but the twenty three team was not as talented as this one. But the one thing I'll say, and there's a difference between experience and knowing how to win. The Phillies are experienced. They have a lot of experienced players. Do they know how to win? They haven't shown it yet because they haven't won. But the Dodgers have won twice in the last two years. So that tells me they know how to win. And Max Munsey answering the question the way he did before the game, and you can find that conversation right now on the iHeartRadio app if you make Dodger Talk a preset. But he said, this team is better equipped to be able to stay in the moment and worry about that game, and that's how they came back down three games to two in the World Series. He said, it's no different. Just have to win that game tonight. That's all we're concerned about. And that's where people get it twisted.
Speaker 4: Right, The Dodgers aren't experienced team, but they were experienced in twenty one and twenty two and twenty three, but did they know how to win?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: There were some players from twenty still on the team, but they were starting to bring in and incorporate players from other organizations that didn't really know how to win and weren't fully all in a Max Scherzer. So you know, now they have everybody invested, and this group has been together two years running, and they know how to win. And that's the difference. Eight six six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Rockies tonight eight to seven in eleven innings. And by the way, with the win tonight, the Dodgers reached sixty wins faster than any other team in baseball this year. They do have a fourteen game lead over second place Arizona and a fifteen game lead over third place San Diego.
Speaker 4: All right, I had a chance to catch up with Dalton Rushing. We talked about the plays at the plate, we talked about the walkoff win. Here was Rushing moments after the final out or the walkoff hit that broke his bat that had so many hits in it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I know it. Uh was a broken bat. That bat had a lot of heads in it. I'm gonna miss it for sure, but no, it died a hero for the boys, and wins always a good thing.
Speaker 2: What can you say about what that Gardo Enriquez was able to do to keep you guys in it?
Speaker 3: Man, that's that's impressive.
Speaker 9: He hasn't had two ups many times this year, if any, And for him to go out there and do it in a big time like this when we needed it the most, it's special. It says a lot about that bullpen. This bullpen, everyone wants the ball. They don't care how long they gotta go.
Speaker 3: They just want the ball.
Speaker 4: Not only did you get the walk off hit, but you prevented the Rockies from taking the lead in the ninth inning. The play at the plate with Hunter Goodman. Take us through that and the balance where you have to give a lane but also try to make a play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you make a play on the ball.
Speaker 9: We know the rules over here, and so anything that goes up the line right there, you have the right tag towards the ball and then make the tag on the player.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hopefully they learned from him.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like Carrick wasn't clear about the rules there? I mean back in my day, Dalton, I saw Mikezosha get hammered. That didn't seem that bad. No, it wasn't bad. Maybe to him it was bad, but it wasn't bad at automatic.
Speaker 4: What'd you say to him?
Speaker 3: I said, nothing bad. Don't worry. Make sure he knows who I am.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, congratulations a catcher always controlling the game offensively and defensively.
Speaker 2: That was you tonight. Congratulations. There he is the man, Dalton Rushing. Nothing bad, no harm, no foul on this side of it. Dalton Rushing a big night. The walkoff bas said to give the Dodgers the eight to seven win in eleven innings. When we continue on Dodger Talk Live from Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium, we'll check in with Jose Mota. We'll take more of your phone calls at eight sixty six, nine, eight seven two, five seventy After the Dodgers play their first extra innings game and win it in eleven, eight to seven. On AM five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 5: On air at AM five to seventy, online at AM five seventy LA sports dot com, and available by podcast on the iHeartRadio apps.
Speaker 1: This He's Dodger Talk with David Massing.
Speaker 10: Fly ball left field, bend McCarthy to the wall and it's gone. A home run Joe Haotani his nineteenth home run in the year, and the Dodgers take a two to one lead.
Speaker 4: A big night for show.
Speaker 2: Haotani three for four with four RBIs, including that go ahead two run home run in the third inning off of Kyle Freeland. Dalton Rushing had the leadoff double right there to get things going for Otani, who now is hitting three to oh two with five home runs and forty one RBIs when runners are on base in front of him.
Speaker 4: Daniel S.
Speaker 2: Jewelers presents the home run Forecast. For your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jeweler's gift card, visit AM five seventy LA sports dot Com. Use the keyword home run and to your name you could win.
Speaker 4: Daniel S. Jewelers own the Dream. Eight six six.
Speaker 2: Nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number Dodgers beat the Rockies in eleven tonight, eight to seven, all the way back before extra innings. Eric Lauer got the start, got himself out of a bases loaded jam in the second inning, allowed just one run in that second, and completed six innings for the Dodgers tonight. He had some high praise for Dalton Rushing, another teammate backing up their catcher.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he's a great player, and I think he plays with a lot of moxy and he definitely doesn't back down to anybody, and.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, we love him for that.
Speaker 11: And he's a great guy that you want on your team and you want playing with you. So he's a great competitor, great guy.
Speaker 1: So I like him a lot.
Speaker 4: All Right.
Speaker 2: That's a veteran pitcher that's been with a couple of different teams backing up the young Rushing. You certainly want to have a guy like that on your side. I can understand how he gets under the skin of other teams, but certainly a true that fights for his pictures is a guy that you want behind the plate. And Will Smith does a great job of doing that as well. You know, here's one thing about Dalton Rushing versus Will Smith, Dalton Rushing wears his emotions on his sleeve. But I'll tell you this, and I'm sure if you think back, you'll remember these scenes, these moments in time. Will Smith has had some moments where he has said something to hitters like Marcelo Zuna who had the backswing on the back of his head. He stood up for himself and didn't take that and he barked at Ozuna. Remember when he called Jerkson profar irrelevant. I mean, he's had some moments too. But Will is such a quiet guy. But there's a quiet toughness about him, and he'll say things with the mask on to somebody where it doesn't go viral. Where Dalton Rushing, he's emotional and he wears his emotions on his sleeves right now at this stage of his career, and he doesn't care if John Boy wants to transcribe eating his lips. That's who he is and he's not apologizing for it. And Will Smith, I got news for you, doesn't apologize for who he is either. So the Dodgers have two tough catchers and very different personalities. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 4: Trust me.
Speaker 2: I've seen Will Smith's toughness. I've been on the other end of that before. All right, let's go out to Jose Mota.
Speaker 1: It's tough to go around the horn with Jose Mota.
Speaker 4: All right, Jose Mota.
Speaker 2: What a game in July against the Rockies, first extra innings game, A couple of big plays at the plate, Dalton rushing all over it. Otani explodes, this was an entertaining game between a team that's headed to the postseason compared to a team that isn't going anywhere.
Speaker 7: A team isn't playing so good lately. Five hundred for the Rockies coming into this one, last thirty four games, and I think, Dave overro it's a good test. You know, many many tests coming different ways, and a lot of times we expect like the worst things to happen and the biggest tests, and uh, you know situations. Are you going to prove yourself against you know, mighty competitors and the big names and the big teams. It doesn't matter. It's baseball, man, And you know this forced a lot of things happened. Number one is the Dodgers consider to play good defense. Let's not ignore that, including Dave the one guy that you know he has to make you thrown to the basis at god Vinriquez, he played catch on the big double play in that inning, that one four to three. The other thing, too, is Dave Roberts is seeing his team execute at the highest level now against a Rockies team that you got to respect implementing playing baseball. The Dodgers had thirteen sacrifices all of last year. They're twelve right now. So you're finding out right now that Tommy Edmant had one sacrifice butt last year. He has two already in consecutive at bats. So many many things happen, obviously now the cleanness of games. You want to see a Tanner Scot come out cleanly, but he's not perfect. But overall, just a lot of good things happening in terms of just moving runners along, playing the game right, having better at bats, and not giving in until the very end. That was remarkable to watch.
Speaker 2: How about the plays at the plate in the ninth inning, adults and rushing, you know, walking that fine line of knowing how to play that play at the plate, giving a lane but also making a great tag. And also in the tenth inning where Cole Kerrick's foot kind of got caught underneath them, and we had that benches clearing and bullpen clearing situation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, told me, that's like ridiculous. You know your clea gets caught at So what I mean if anybody should complain as a catcher saying hey man, you know you hit me or you know, I mean you can't touch guys anymore. But runners have to understand that lane is open. That's why you and not we're talking. Last week, more guys are diving into home plate, which was not ever ever recommended because you're going to run to somebody's gear and shint guards. But as you it's about too it's supposed to the runner to do different things. A lot of guys sometimes's so on the side to day they go and standing up, which is even more dangerous. Catchers have to learn so many things nowadays. And you are in a desperate mode to get it out, and you know you're gonna get a bang bang play. You want to lean into making sure that the guy is not going to give any type of advantage against you. And that's where young catchers are learning way more in terms of the footwork. Technicality is like the game and waiting for the ball to get there, which is also a little bit dangerous. If the ball carries you into the lane, what are you gonna do. So there's so many things being exposed because of that. But overall, I think Rushing, with the emotions that you talk about, is a guy that coming through the minor league's understood every single one of these things. He knows how to explain it too, as he does very clear with you as to why you set your feet in one position, why that lane is open, and why exactly you don't want to jump the gun even if your throat gets you into the lane for the runner.
Speaker 2: You gotta love it how he and Cole carrig were chirping at each other. It was the picture and Gardo Enriquez that had to come down and calm down this catcher, and then Max Mounsely, the veteran, came in and walked them away from that home played area to diffuse the situation. Did you feel like that was going to escalate.
Speaker 7: With Rushing?
Speaker 1: He just never know.
Speaker 7: But I mean, you gotta love the guy because they really if you think about what they saw and how the league has him, you know, a bit of a target. Everybody knows who rushing he is. With the emotions and things have happened here publicly, It's like Enriquez knows, I cannot allow this to happen. We need this guy to just get back and to play in the game. He already did his job. Let's get it back. Max Monthly, obviously, one of the leaders of the team knows exactly how to take care of that. And at the same time, it's a matter of managing what you have in front of you in terms of teammates and characters. But I think about Rushing all the things he's gone through, Dave, I've seen a lot of guys fold okay after they're confronted public buy something, they said, something they did, being questioned by teammates, overacting, overreacting, and being called out in front of the world media. Pretty much, this guy is tough as they come. Mentally, you want this guy in your team, as Eric Laarer was saying, because of what he brings. Obviously, he's surrounded by a lot of good veteran players that can kind of just explain things soever Freddy did and as they all do throughout you know when the cameras are not on, but man when he's on your team, he's like, you know, he's gonna be tough. Nothing's going to bother him. Showhill Toney's not gonna intimidate him. Nobody's gonna intimidate him. But if you can turn it down a little bit more and understand that you don't be a target for the unknown reasons or one wanted reasons. But you cannot take a fire away from this guy. There's a guy that you like a lot that had to control this when he first came up, his name Ander EIGHTHI and he turned out to be pretty good.
Speaker 4: Yeah he did.
Speaker 2: I know, some bats took a beating, but yeah, he turned out to be pretty good. And with age and maturity he knew how to kind of pick his spots.
Speaker 3: With all that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then the catching position that requires a lot. I mean, let's not forget about Steve Yeger and the stuff he took behind home plays. So that is have bet a history of guys that you know, Russell Martin to have taken their beatings behind home plate and understand how important it is to play that leadership role behind that position, to take charge. And then when you walk over the clubhouse it could be the most unpopular teammate in some ways, but when they're like between the White Lions, I want that guy on my team as my catcher in Turnty. For pitchers, that is a big, big deal.
Speaker 2: To all right, Jose, what a fun night at the ballpark. It's always an event. Freddie Freeman Bobo Head night, he had his family out here. And then the first extra innings game of the year for the Dodgers, and there was a lot of late drama.
Speaker 7: Love it for some play baseball to find out that they can win the close games. And it doesn't matter who it is. Execution is the name of the game. And if you can execute a little bit more and catch a ball better as Eero Julian couldn't do, then you're gonna win ball games.
Speaker 4: No doubt.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers gave a La Soccer fans something to cheer about after Mexico lost yesterday and the US lost today. All you have in La now, as always.
Speaker 4: Is the Dodgers, those Doyers. Thanks Jose.
Speaker 2: There he goes Jose Mota, part of the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast with a proud Mexican like Luis Cochito Cruz, who was a little sad today. I'll have to admit he was a little sad, a little consado today. Couchito Cruz and a lot of sad US soccer fans. Can you believe somebody text me asking me if they're going to show the soccer game in the stadium club before first pitch tonight, I said, I have no idea. This is a Dodger game. Go to a sports bar if you want to watch soccer, and look, they let you down. But the Dodgers never let you down.
Speaker 4: All right, Tomorrow, game two of this three game series between the Dodgers and Rockies, Justin Robleski will be.
Speaker 2: On the mound tomorrow. He has ten wins on the season. Only two other pitchers have that. He's ten and two with an ERA of two to eighty. And don't worry, he will be in Philadelphia. There's a number of pitchers that already are lined up to pitch this weekend that won't be able to pitch in Philadelphia. So I have no doubts that Robleski will be in Philadelphia with the rest of the National League All Stars. He's going up against former Angel Mike Lorenzen, who's three and nine with an era of six point ninety one. Our coverage begins at six o'clock with first pitch at seven ten with Rick Monday and Tim Neverett. Thanks to Colinie back at our Burbank studios, Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Dodgers Stadium, and thanks to you for listening. In case you missed any of the show, you know where to find it the I Heart Radio app and go back and listen to that conversation with All Star Max Muncie, who's making the first start at third base in an All Star game by a Dodger since the Penguin Ron Say in nineteen seventy seven, and we did get into the big lead, and how the Dodgers are going to stay focused all the way through the finish line.
Speaker 4: No doubt that they know.
Speaker 2: How to do that with winning back to back championships once again. The final score Tonight the Dodgers play their first extra innings game of the season, Game ninety two, and they come out on top in eleven eight to seven over the Rockies. Ben Mallor is he finally working tonight? I mean the holidays over, Big Ben will find out on the other side at least his shows on Fox Sports Radio next, have a great rest of your night.
Speaker 4: See you playing