Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 1: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Here we go again. We're geta running back to.
Speaker 1: Get in on the show called eight six six, not eighty seven two five seven, and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get your podcasts. Here's your host, David Vasse.
Speaker 2: We are live in the beautiful city of Boyle Heights, specifically WSS on the corner of Soto and Figueroa.
Speaker 3: We are with you.
Speaker 2: Until one o'clock this afternoon, live from Boyle Heights WSS store. We got VS Tacos outside, we got Dodger fans inside, and World Series hero Miguel Rojas is on his way inside. We had a Dodger fan camp out until five am. Since five am. He's right here, number one front row. I'm seeing Dodger fans with the Venezuela jerseys on.
Speaker 3: There they are.
Speaker 2: They promised me they did not buy it after Venezuela won the World Baseball Classic. They were true before so and I have my guy right here him and his son. Dodger fans listen to Dodger Talk. Ell yeah, wife too, sorry, wife here too, listens to Dodger Talk. They were at the back of the line and I said, hey, you listen. He said, I listen. I said, you're coming to the front of the line. That's what happens when you listen to Dodger Talk, not only on A five seventy LA Sports, but on the iHeartRadio app. So we're gonna take your phone calls. We're with you until one o'clock. At eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy. Miguel Rojas is on his way in and you're oh, he's here. He's walking in. Yeah, bring him out. Where's he at? Bring him out? Bring him out, Bring him out. Miguel Rojas back to back World Series Champion and World Series Hero.
Speaker 3: Last night, the.
Speaker 2: Dodgers winning their second game of the season.
Speaker 3: They're two to zero.
Speaker 2: I guess they have not disappointed beating the Diamondbacks on Opening Night and then beating.
Speaker 3: Them last night five to four.
Speaker 2: And it was a big night for Alex Freeland, Mookie Bets, Kyle Tucker. Mookie Betts hit his first home run of the season. Let's hear Rick Monday and Steven Nelson.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 4: First and second, one out, two to one, Arizona. Nelson looks at ALTONI, comes to Bets. Rookie drives one right center field. This one's hit well. Back at the wall. Thomas is there. He leaves Bets gone Mookie Betts with a laser to right center field to turn this game around and put the Dodgers in front.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That was part of a four run third inning for the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Alex Freeland hit a solo home run.
Speaker 2: He doubled and scored the goal ahead head run in the bottom of the eighth inning as Kyle Tucker delivered with the infield in last night.
Speaker 4: Dodgers trying to warm the bats in clutch time.
Speaker 1: The two to one pitch, Tucker basehead right field.
Speaker 4: Freeland scores and Tucker unties it, giving the Dodgers the lead up.
Speaker 6: You're in this Dodger lineup, You're going to be coming to home plate a lot with runners on base.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, everybody sees our World Series hero. He is being mobbed as he comes from the front of WSS and Boyle hides to the back.
Speaker 3: Of the stage. World Series hero.
Speaker 2: Miguel Rojas, my guy, look at this, a champion of the people.
Speaker 3: From Santa Monica to Boyle Hides.
Speaker 2: Everybody loves Miguel Rojas, even at eleven am. The best dressed Dodger, the best smelling Dodger at eleven am. After leaving the game last night, Miguel Man. Great to have you in the city where the heartbeat of Dodger fans beat.
Speaker 5: On a weekend to start the season.
Speaker 7: Huh, thank you guys for being here today. Here's a pleasure always to see a lot of Dodger fans. I mean, it will never get all when you walk into places and you get recognized by these amazing Dodger fans. They they go above and beyond when it comes to a Dodger players.
Speaker 5: They understand what the sacrifice that.
Speaker 7: We made to make them feel good, you know, to give him back to them with wings on the field, championships and He's been an amazing couple of days for us in that clubhouse. We're so excited to be back and looking forward to winn another championship and three peat.
Speaker 3: So much has happened this weekend.
Speaker 2: But before we look forward, I mean, this is the type of reaction now that you get everywhere you go in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: How do you handle things?
Speaker 2: We have a personal security guard here that can you can hire him wherever you go because I feel like you need a bodyguard. Maybe I could be that guy for you the rest of your life.
Speaker 7: I'll be okay, but yeah, it's overwhelming to me. I just feel like I've been playing baseball for so long and I never got this kind of attention until, like I played my nineteen season in the in professional baseball, you know, And that's what happened. When you do something cool in the War Series Game seven, when everybody's watching, and I'm not gonna walk away from just gonna enjoy every single time because this is gonna be my last season, and.
Speaker 5: Obviously when you want to do some big.
Speaker 7: Things for people and to bring the whole city of LA together, and that's kind of what we do every single night when we play. You know, it's not just a fifty thousand at the stadium. Is everybody at home. The amount of videos and pictures that I received from LA houses and people around the world wearing LA year with so much joy to watch the home run and the place and gam a model closing out of the game.
Speaker 5: It was unbelievable and does something that I want to take with me forever.
Speaker 2: Once we're done here at ws S and Boyle Heights, Miguel Rojas is going to take photos. It's gonna kiss babies. You never know, might put one of you on his shoulders like Mooki puts the sense thing on his shoulders. But are you ready to hear even more of those stories? Because your home run man so much to so many people, Uh, does it give you greater perspective on what you guys do?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I mean every day we all understand that we're playing for more than just our name and and our our own career. We play for so many people who comes to the baseball field every single day, and that's why we, uh, we kind of have to put a good show every single night, and we have to show up and prepare for every single game because there's someone new in the.
Speaker 5: Stands every day.
Speaker 7: So I think for me, doing it every single day is what counts. But when you do it in the biggest station in the worst years to win a championship for all defans who support us throughout the whole year and not just last year. But I mean, I've been here for the last four and then I make my debut in twenty fourteen, and it's been the same kind of support to the team regardless of whoever's playing. But I'm really happy that we're going to leave a legacy here that this team was really special.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad you brought that up, because when you first started with the Dodgers in twenty fourteen, it just seems so far away, a little bit out of reach.
Speaker 3: You guys were just missing something or some luck.
Speaker 2: In twenty fourteen when you guys started this run and you were a big part of it, have you had a chance to reflect on where it started and where it's at right now for you and the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: I remember it started kind of the same way we have the best player in the game at the time on.
Speaker 5: Clayton Kersher on the mound for us every five days.
Speaker 7: But definitely when you have a team like that kind of like continue to get to a playoff and and get there every single year, but you couldn't like really put it away because you're missing this kind of ability of making this a complete family that is coming from all over the place.
Speaker 5: And I think A big difference is being kind of like.
Speaker 7: The guys who are being the core of this team for a long time get together for a few years. So when you see the Mookie kick, Will Smith and all these guys kind of grew together. So that's that's when we're seeing right now.
Speaker 5: A lot of talent.
Speaker 7: Obviously we show Yamamoto and people coming from different places, but these guys are the like the column of this of this foundation because they really been putting work and I mean they they got to the wars hears, they couldn't get it done.
Speaker 5: But now is the time where they know how to win and they know how to win together.
Speaker 2: And Miguel Rowa is a big part of the pillar of the Dodger six back to back World Series championships. He came back to the Dodgers and he has won back to back championships. A legacy player now forever in Dodger history.
Speaker 3: All right, so where's the ring? Did you bring? The ring? Isn't it in your pocket?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 7: I didn't put it on too that because I had it on last night. But I brought the small one. So a ring is really special. So the one the one this year you can open the top on the on the face of that top, there's a little bit of a home plays, a home play and a little bit of dirt from home playing Game seven in Toronto. So pretty special, So kind of like a really good touch right there. And then when you open there's this older little ring that you can wear every single day.
Speaker 5: And I'm planning on wearing this this ring a lot.
Speaker 7: So he say, World City Champions back to back, LA Dodgers, how about that?
Speaker 2: And it doesn't happen without Miguel Rojas's home run. As the Dodgers were down to their final two you out what has been the last two nights for you and your teammates because Opening days celebration you did a great job with Will Ferrell and coming in on the low Rider, and then last night the ring ceremony. I mean, it feels like it's not just the game anymore. It's an event when you come to Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a show every single night, and they deserve the show everything.
Speaker 3: It's it's not just the videos, it's not just the the.
Speaker 7: Stop that happened behind the scenes or before the game is actually the game.
Speaker 5: You guys are seeing the product of what we're doing.
Speaker 7: Every single year, this team got better, and last night was a perfect example for those two guys coming into a team and Cayl Talker driving in the winning run, and obviously for me that I watched the game a little bit more, he's a bad early in the game when he walked after being old too and getting on base for Mooki to hit that we run Homer, that's the that's the difference that these guys are gonna are gonna make on this thing.
Speaker 5: And obviously, I mean the trumpets.
Speaker 7: Who didn't like the trumpets trumpets last night they were amazing Sugar Dias coming into the closing the game that period that gives you that extra energy that you need sometimes lay in the game.
Speaker 5: And I'm so happy that we got those guys as well.
Speaker 7: But definitely, these guys deserve all the all the love, all the things that are happening right.
Speaker 5: Now in the city of l A and baseball. I think definitely, like you say, it's a show every single day.
Speaker 7: And for me, it's being really emotional because I know this is going to be my last year, but I mean, you're always gonna miss those times, you know, opening days, this rain ceremonning yesterday.
Speaker 5: What an amazing day to kind of remember and and kind of close.
Speaker 7: Out the book because we got somewhere to go this year and we.
Speaker 5: Were trying to win a third one in a row.
Speaker 2: How do you how do you stay in the moment knowing it's your last year, knowing that you guys have an ultimate goal that.
Speaker 3: You can't achieve all I want.
Speaker 2: So how does Miguel Rojas, knowing what's the opportunity and knowing this is your last year a major league baseball how do you stay in the moment each and every day?
Speaker 7: Yeah, my mindset is empty the tank every single day. I don't have a I don't have to worry about what going to happen next year. I already talk Dave rovers anything that you need from me, put me in the game at any any chance, any any.
Speaker 5: Opportunity you have.
Speaker 7: Just get me in there, because I'm not going to be complaining about being tired or anything like that because I cant rest after after this year. But definitely that's that's the way that I'm kind of approaching it. And sprint training. I knew it was all about getting ready for the season and all that, but I feel like it's my opportunity to kind of like give it all out. And that doesn't mean that I didn't before, but I feel like right now it's like I'm enjoying every single game like it's my last one because it's a last opportunity of doing everything almost every single day. So for me, that's the way that I'm going to approach it and looking forward to to win the last game of the season.
Speaker 6: Again.
Speaker 3: Hey, Miguel Rojas is at ws HAS and Boil Heights and he's going.
Speaker 2: To be in the starting lineup tonight against the LEFTI Eduardo Rodriguez first pitch at six'.
Speaker 3: Ten, hey going back to last.
Speaker 2: Night you're such a guy that is a vocal, leader leads by, example work ethic every.
Speaker 3: Day otani's the same.
Speaker 2: Way how about is that bat in the eighth inning last night After freeland got the leadoff double for him to hit the ball to the right side to get free in the third base For. Tucker does that go unnoticed by everybody in the dugout or is that just something that should.
Speaker 3: Happen, YEAH i.
Speaker 5: Mean it will never Go.
Speaker 7: Unnutice we totally understand the quality of players that we have and the talent that we have in this clubhouse and around this, team but the willingness and the own selfishness to kind of take that about knowing that we don't need a home.
Speaker 5: Run we just need to get that guy over to third. Base he got down in the hole with two strikes early on.
Speaker 7: Him he was able to take some tough pitches and then all of a, sudden there's a pitch up in the souna and he's rolling over a ball to second. Base the best player.
Speaker 5: In the world doing. That that set the tone for the.
Speaker 7: Rest you, know if the best player in the war back to BACK mvp or three times in a row and four TIMES mpp is doing, that everybody else gonna follow. Suit SO i feel like that's the beauty and the how pretty this team. Is because we're full of, talent we're full of, starts and we all understand. That but at the same, time we all understand that there's things to be needs to be done during the game that it doesn't acquire to be so, talented which is like running hard to first, base supporting.
Speaker 5: Your, teammates being on the bench for.
Speaker 7: OTHERS i think that's that's what we do really good and we don't ride those roller coasters of emotions too.
Speaker 5: Much we're trying to stay level as much as we.
Speaker 3: Can and the emotional. One you can be emotional because you don't have a bad in your, hand you.
Speaker 7: Know but at the end of the, day it's, like how can we maintain the level of excellence throughout the year and then when we're, down we're.
Speaker 5: Not gonna look like we sow.
Speaker 7: Down and when we're, up we're gonna enjoy it if we win The World, series because that's the ultimate. Goal but a game is a, game and we need to win win them. All so if we don't win them, all that's.
Speaker 5: Gonna be a we're not gonna get what we want to get in that, day which is winning the. Game so that's how we approach it in the clubhouse and that's why we. Are we have a pretty good.
Speaker 3: Team so you won the series?
Speaker 2: Already are we keeping the taqi going after every series win the?
Speaker 3: Season? YEAH i love.
Speaker 5: It tequila chats last night for. Sure looking forward to get another one tonight because.
Speaker 7: We always get one when we win the, series because we secure the series and then if we, sweep we do, it we do it.
Speaker 3: Again oh, yeah the thing is it's an off day. Tomorrow SO i love. IT i love it all.
Speaker 2: Right one one more Thing i'm gonna give To Miguel rojas and to everybody. Else it's kind of full circle to his home, run and then he's gonna take photos and a meet and greet with all.
Speaker 3: You as you were.
Speaker 2: Getting your ring last. NIGHT i had The Blue Jays a's game on in the radio. Booth you know what happened as you were getting your? Ring Jeff hoffman was giving up a game tying home run in the ninth.
Speaker 3: Inning how crazy is. That you don't have to say. ANYTHING i just want to let.
Speaker 9: You know that was.
Speaker 3: HAPPENING i.
Speaker 5: HEARD i heard all about it.
Speaker 3: Already you know social. Media you know social media say so oh, yeah right, right not big, secret not big. Secret yeah so they so a, friend a friend of mine after the gay was.
Speaker 5: Older, uh send me kind of like the. Video, yeah like the two things happened at the same.
Speaker 3: Time see you're ahead of.
Speaker 2: Me thank, You thank you for letting me. Know, Hey, miguel the fans they're foaming at the. Mouth they want to get to know. You they want to shake your, hand they want.
Speaker 3: To give you a.
Speaker 2: Hug you deserve all this because the game certainly has rewarded you for your commitment to the. Game how you've emptied the tank and thank you for coming out To Boyle heights to meet on the.
Speaker 3: Fans thank, You migas on. Pictures let's, Go let's, Go let's.
Speaker 2: Go Miguel rojas is in the house AT wss And Boyle. Heights Dodger talk rolls on until one o'clock right here ON am five SEVENTY La. Sports, oh it's a beautiful day in The city Of, Angels Boyle, HEIGHTS. Wss Miguel rojas has got the line. Going he just got a venezuela. JERSEY i think it's a soccer jersey or baseball. Jersey There dodger fans lined. Up they are eager to meet Their World series. Hero thank you To Miguel rojas for coming into really the streets OF la to see the Hardcore dodger.
Speaker 3: Fans because you guys.
Speaker 2: Bleed, blue live and die with this team every sin and it's great that players get to come here and really interact with you and really feel the vibes of the Real dodger fans here In Boyle. Heights especially two seven to one to One East Olympic. Boulevard if you're leaving now to try to Meet Miguel, rojas you don't have to go, home but don't come, here, Okay, uh the line is cut. Off there is a long. Line there's A dodger fan run in front of. Me he's been here since five a. M waiting to Meet Miguel. Rojas so they've done a great job of organizing this and it's a it's a great. Event THE wss staff and family taking photos With Miguel. Rojas David vasse with you live FROM wss And Boyle heights until one.
Speaker 3: O'clock come down here.
Speaker 2: SHOP wss got Air, jordan's they got great back to back world Champion dodgers. Gear we GOT Vs tacos in the parking. LOT Vs tacos made famous By Bad bunny during this Year's Super, bowl and we got them in the parking lot here at two seven one One East Olympic.
Speaker 3: Boulevard were on the corner Of olympic And.
Speaker 2: Soto so a great day here In Boyle heights and we're taking your phone calls at eight sixty, six nine eighty, seven two five seventy a lot of the fans here are obviously going to share their stories With Miguel rojas where they were when they watched him hit the game tying home run as The dodgers were down to their final two outs In game seven In. TORONTO i wonder If Miguel rojas's realizes The dodgers are going To toronto for the first road.
Speaker 3: Trip that's gonna be incredible as.
Speaker 2: Well so First dodger road trip To, Toronto, miguel this guy was waiting since five am right, here five.
Speaker 3: Am he was camped out AT.
Speaker 2: Wss LIKE i, said if you're not able to be here in line right, now would love to hear where you were When Miguel rojas hit that home.
Speaker 3: Run would love to hear your.
Speaker 2: Story eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone. Number and, yeah last night the ring ceremony was. Awesome Anthony anderson did a great job again and am seeing the. Event it was great to see the ovations that guys Like Miguel, Rojas Key Key, Hernandez Mookie, Betts Freddie, freeman Ta Oscar, hernandez they all got the love they deserved and it was a really special night coming Off Opening. NIGHT i, mean how spoiled Are dodger fans these days for the last two days the last two years At Dodger. Stadium to open up the home. Schedule you Get Opening day and then you get a ring. Ceremony AND i advised many of the PEOPLE i know when they, said you know, WHAT i can't get To Opening, DAY i gotta work five point thirty, start or, MAN i can only buy tickets for Either Opening day or the ring. CEREMONY i, said let me make this decision a lot. Easier Opening day is, great they'll be An Opening day every. Year but don't take it for granted that there's going to be a ring ceremony night two every year At Dodger.
Speaker 3: Stadium it's not going to.
Speaker 2: Happen so my counsel To dodger fans out there that could only buy a ticket for Either Opening night or the ring, CEREMONY i steer them to the ring ceremony because that's a night that is so, unique that is not guaranteed every. Year and to, me that is the most special part of what The dodgers are. Doing AND i, mean you look at The dodgers And diamondbacks tail of the tape the last two nights is evidence that The dodgers are in just a different weight class than the rest of the.
Speaker 3: DIVISION i, mean The.
Speaker 2: DIAMONDBACKS i picked them to make a wildcard team this.
Speaker 3: Year they have the offense to do. It they're gonna Get Corman burns.
Speaker 2: Back but how do you not have a left handed reliever in your bullpen when you're in the same division as The. DODGERS i didn't share this story With Miguel, rojas but The diamondbacks baseball ops group was in the last booth in the press, box and you just heard them clapping over a base hit or a guy taking a walk from their.
Speaker 3: Side that's just proof that.
Speaker 2: Every game this, year every series this, year for teams like, that it's The World. Series they want to take down The dodgers so, bad even if it's Before.
Speaker 3: April think about.
Speaker 2: That these guys are getting so emotional in the month Of, march clapping after every.
Speaker 3: Walk and you know WHAT i.
Speaker 2: DID i started to clap outside of the booth just to let them KNOW i heard.
Speaker 3: Them take That.
Speaker 2: DIAMONDBACKS i, mean, really that is so small, time so, emotional and really that's the difference between The dodgers and everybody. Else not them just having the most, talent not them having the best work ethic and, process but the fact that they understand it's one hundred and sixty two game. Marathon you just Heard Miguel roh say. It he's not getting too. High the team's not getting too low after any. LOSS i, mean The angels beat The dodgers all six times last. Year The brewers in the regular season beat The dodgers all seven times last. Year did anybody freak out or? Panic, yeah you, did but The dodgers. Didn't AND i think that's the. PERSPECTIVE i think we all understand. Now eight six six nine eighty, seven two five seventy is the phone. Number David vasse live FROM wss In Boyle heights with you until one.
Speaker 3: O'clock we are going to play in.
Speaker 2: Our next, Segment Edwin diaz coming out To Timmy. Trumpet if you were at the game last, night tell me what you thought about The Timmy trumpet. ENTRANCE i have my own thoughts on how they could take it next, level but for the first night. Solid so let's go out to the valley The great one. Eight, Jacob you're On Dodger talk With David. Vasse how you, Doing, Jacob i'm doing.
Speaker 10: Great it's a great time to be A dodger fan as, always even when they're, winning even when they're. Not but you, KNOW i was, thinking they got to make it fair for the the other. Teams and what do you think about The dodgers doing something where in the seventh, inning the stadium announcer calls someone down from the audience to play second base for the rest of the.
Speaker 3: Game say that, Again, JACOB i got a lot of fans coming up to the. Desk they want a piece of, me.
Speaker 10: Like The. Dodgers The dodgers gotta bring someone in from the from the, audience from the, stadium the second. Base you, know make it.
Speaker 3: Fair, yeah, Okay, jacob are you?
Speaker 10: Volunteering i'll bring my glove it it's my Old louisville glove high. School but Get.
Speaker 3: Jacob i'll do, It, JACOB i got something for.
Speaker 2: You every odd season In, january The dodgers have a fantasy adult baseball. Camp how about you come out to That and maybe Since Miguel rojas is not playing next, year he'll be part of the fantasy camp next.
Speaker 3: Year In, january oh, Man i'm down all, Right, jacob thank you for the phone.
Speaker 2: Call we're gonna take another time out here live FROM wss And Boyle Heights Miguel. ROJAS i, mean every walk of life is here AT wsss to meet and greet With Miguel. Rojas everybody wants to meet The World series hero from twenty twenty. Five the home run heard round the, world literally From canada To Boyle.
Speaker 3: Heights you heard it right here ON am five SEVENTY La.
Speaker 2: Sports when we, continue maybe we'll share the highlight Of Miguel rojas's home run as heard right here ON am five SEVENTY La. Sports and, also if you were at the game last, night your thoughts on the ring ceremony And Timmy, trumpet the Entrance Edwin diaz had in his first opportunity to convert a, safe he locked it. Down The dodgers Beat arizona five to four ON am five SEVENTY La, Sports David vasse And HEIGHTS wss until one o'clock right here ON a five to SEVENTY La. Sports we are live AT wss And Boyle Hids Miguel rojas taking photos with all The dodger fans everybody's freaking out And boyle hids to Meet World series Hero Miguel.
Speaker 3: Rojas it's so.
Speaker 2: Cool And i've Reminded dodger fans this so many, times but you really got to understand when you look back on this period of time At Dodger baseball twenty years from, now you're gonna, say, man that was the best time In dodger. History and this franchise has had so many different great periods of, time but right now we are certainly living in the golden age Of Dodger, baseball and moments like last Year's game six And game, Seven Miguel rojas was on the front end the back end of so many moments to help The dodgers pull out The World series. Champion you think back To game, Six Key Ky hernandez doubles Off Addison barger awkward one hopper To Miguel, rojas who, somehow some way was able to have those soft, monos be able to hold on on a one hopper and The dodgers Force game, seven and then obviously the home run off Of Jeff hoffman down to their final two. Outs not to mention then in the bottom of the ninth, inning the winning run or at third, base and you know he's able to pull off another incredible defensive play a strike To Will smith and The Dodgers rojas And Will smith In game six And game seven just unbelievable offensively and. Defensively and, YEAH i can't wait for The dodgers to go back To toronto once this homestand concludes next week On, wednesday The dodgers will head to our nation's capital and then to the scene of the, Championship, Toronto. Canada so you want to hear all that action right here on five to SEVENTY La. Sports we have so Many dodger fans in line right now As Miguel rojas is going, through all of, them kissing, babies giving, hugs being an.
Speaker 3: Emotional shoulder to cry on in a good.
Speaker 2: Way here is how it sounded last, year top of the ninth, Inning game seven of The World, Series Jeff hoffman on the, Mound dodgers down to their final two. OUTS a guy Like Miguel, rojas who had not, started had not had a hit in over twenty five.
Speaker 3: Games here he was saving The dodgers, season and.
Speaker 4: The rojas fight his way on base full. Count hoffman. Delivers rojas hits it in the air left.
Speaker 3: Field this post got some. Carry it is, Gun it's.
Speaker 1: Gone in game, Seven he's Tied.
Speaker 11: Yo rojas off the bench in game six on the board in game, seven.
Speaker 6: This, crowd, well we talked about it in another. Series this has turned into a library. Here Miguel. Rojas he took the two two pitch the slider, upstairs and he took the next pitch out of the. Ballpark. Man This dodgers first base dugout has.
Speaker 3: Exploded that. Highlight that moment will live on forever At Dodger.
Speaker 2: History all The dodger fans here in line love and hearing that moment, again and we'll share.
Speaker 3: It with you in our next hour as.
Speaker 2: Well surreal That Miguel rojas is standing here AT wss And Boil heights With dodger fans listening to that. Highlight Rick monday And Steven nelson doing that moment justice right here On Dodgers radio and five to SEVENTY La.
Speaker 3: Sports we have phone lines.
Speaker 2: Open, Yes David vasse with you an early edition Of Dodger Talk live FROM wss And Boyle.
Speaker 3: HEIGHTS i only do this for special.
Speaker 2: PEOPLE wss And Boyle, Heights dodger, fans special. People that's why we're, here and we'll have Postgame dodger talk for you tonight From Dodger stadium later, Tonight, dan don't. Forget game three of this series concludes The diamondbacks. Up not such nice stay IN la as The dodgers are in a prime position to sweep the first series of the season With Tyler glass now on the mountainnight as they go up Against Eduardo, rodriguez the left, hander And Miguel rojas out here AT wss And Boyle heights is going to be in the starting lineup tonight at second. Base our coverage begins at five o'clock With Morongo Casino dodgers on deck first pitch With Rick monday And Tim. Neverritt at six Ten Stephen nelson sliding to THE tv side tonight On sports and AT la All. Right last, night The dodgers held on for a five to four. Win they got a lot of big contributions from their. Bullpen After image she and lasted three and a third. Innings Tanner scott had his first big test of the, season and he passed with flying colors in the sixth. Inning last night as he stranded two runners with two outs to get The dodgers out of that. Jam Alex vesia had an emotional return on the mound for The dodgers last.
Speaker 3: Night that was.
Speaker 2: Special but how About Edwin diaz recording his first save as A dodger last, Night and this is the way it sounded as he came out of The dodger bullpen gates for the first time To timmy. Trumpet i'll pitch it for The dodgers number three. Idea all, Right so that was the first night Of Edwin diaz coming in for the save in the ninth. Inning even The dodger, players you Heard Miguel rojas even mention. It it was electric last night with the light show with the spotlight in The dodger bullpen as he was coming, Out and that was a local trumpet From Long Beach Ta Tiana.
Speaker 3: Tate that wasn't Even timmy trumpet playing the.
Speaker 2: Trumpet that was Tat Tiana tate live in the left field pavilion. Playing, yeah she got she, great great, bop great, bop no doubt she did an excellent.
Speaker 3: Job but here are some of my.
Speaker 2: Tweaks you got to jack up as crazy as this, sounds how loud it is At Dodger, stadium you got to jack Up Timmy trumpet And narco right when you hear the spotlight At Dodger.
Speaker 3: Stadium the light show was.
Speaker 2: Awesome the led signs that are gonna wrap around the stadium are gonna make it even more.
Speaker 3: Special but here's my.
Speaker 2: Thought And i've been trying to Get Timmy trumpet on this show Since February. VENEZUELA i see. You Timmy trumpet is not just a trumpet player For Edwin. Diaz he has a day.
Speaker 3: Job he is a INCREDIBLE.
Speaker 2: Dj And i've been Tracking Timmy trumpet From, Sydney, australia To Las, vegas To San diego To La he is putting on INCREDIBLE dj shows with the, trumpet with the. Turntables he has taken it to another. Level but here's my. Idea you know you got all these other guys on the big, screen how about just Getting Timmy trumpet because he can't be there every night on. STANDBY i don't Believe tatiana take can be there on standby. Either Get Timmy trumpet to film playing the trumpet To narco and have that On dodger vision As Edwin diz comes. Out so, see you got the file cabinet ready to play every TIME dz comes.
Speaker 3: Out now here's a couple of other Suggestions i've.
Speaker 2: GOTTEN i don't know how you feel about, this but somebody actually a few PEOPLE dm me On instagram and, said.
Speaker 3: Hey, Oh paulasias, HERE i didn't do. IT i didn't do. It oh they're here For. Rojas, okay?
Speaker 2: Good, anyway how About flee from The Red Hot Chili, peppers BIG la sports.
Speaker 3: Fan how about Getting flee one?
Speaker 2: Night see the problem, is though you don't know if The dodger offense is going to score eight or nine runs And Edwin diaz is not going to be, Needed flee can't be on. Standby so maybe Even flee gets on camera and learns how to play timmy. Trumpet how about that the lapd comes out From Miguel.
Speaker 3: Rojas that is so. Cool that is what this city is all.
Speaker 2: About the fabric of this, city the people Of boyle, hides the people that serve and protect everybody in this.
Speaker 3: City that's so.
Speaker 2: COOL i, Mean Miguel rojas has got cart blanching this. City if you ever See Miguel rojas at a. Restaurant don't bum rush him for an. Autograph you know what you? Do you pay his bill for hitting that home. Run Miguel rojas should never have to pay for another meal in this city in his life.
Speaker 3: Again wherever you see, him you, better you better pay for his.
Speaker 2: Bill, Right who's gonna pay For Miguel rojas's bill if you saw him at a? Restaurant nobody should ever? Pay, hey get that charge card out. TOO i know some of the restaurants are. Expensive IF i ever hear That Miguel rojas has to pay for a, DINNER i will be very. Upset eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone. Number let's go out to Downy wand you're On Dodger, Talk, colin can you punch up wand please for? Me Hey, wan you're On Dodger talk live FROM wss And Boyle.
Speaker 3: Heights say you, Know?
Speaker 6: David how you?
Speaker 5: Doing? Dave? Hey where WAS i that?
Speaker 9: DAY i was in the little room with my wife and my three, daughters who Were i'm not gonna. Lie we were. Nervous we're, praying we're praying to the baseball guys that come, on let's do it once rows hit that whole. Run i'm not gonna. Lie wife was in, tears daughter was in. Tears one of them was, name one of them was laying out some really bad. Words at that, moment we didn't. Care everyone was pumped. Up great moment and one thing THAT i can Credit rojack no matter how many times my wife sees his.
Speaker 6: Videos my, wife but.
Speaker 9: But but the best moment was is the way, wait, wait back.
Speaker 8: Up for a.
Speaker 3: Second. ONE i cut you off really.
Speaker 2: Quick you, said every time your wife sees that home run she starts crying.
Speaker 9: Or, yeah well every time she watches that video on her YouTube. VIDEOS i mean she, Became she.
Speaker 8: Brought, us made her A dodger.
Speaker 9: Fan i'm not gonna. Lie all seas she sends me videos and videos of what she sees on TikTok And. Instagram she sends them to. Me but not just my, wife but all my. Dogs they all became for years that you're Watching dodger. Games now they beat me to the, tv you, know to watch. Games you, know they made This. DODGERS i made my family a Complete dodger. Family before it was just. Myself we were at the game last. Night you, know once they came. Out here's came out.
Speaker 8: Again you.
Speaker 9: Know once we see everyone was wondering like why Didn't kershaw get a? Ring, well why isn't he? Here but once he got called out throw the picture like of, course everybody went, crazy you. Know but The, Dodgers, hey thank, you AND i just, You, david you want me some money if you want with a true Because i'm the first things that. Dart we're gonna score eight, runs, right you know What i'm gonna bet on, That Douds you're gonna score a.
Speaker 1: Run and you did.
Speaker 4: It you hit the.
Speaker 10: Number.
Speaker 3: HEY i had a.
Speaker 2: FEELING i had a FEELING i was getting some vibes from twenty nineteen opening day when The dodgers hit eight home runs that day Against. ARIZONA i just felt like it Was Zach gallon against this. TEAM i called ten runs last. Night there were some, opportunities but, look This dodger offense is gonna put up a lot of runs One and that's WHY i felt that.
Speaker 3: Way But i'm. Glad i'm GLAD i helped you out.
Speaker 9: Again is ever around downy and he wants to eat something over? HERE i got his, Bill no big, deal all?
Speaker 2: Right there we, Go Miguel, ROJAS i got you covered In downy thanks To.
Speaker 3: Jan thank you for the phone call on appreciate.
Speaker 2: It all, Right, hey all, right let's uh my screener froze up, calling so you're gonna have to hang up on the calls for me, too all, Right, yeah, Uh Miguel rojas And, downey no Doubt wan will get him covered for. Sure eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone. Number speaking Of Clayton kershaw coming up in our next, hour you'll hear my conversation with the Future hall Of. Famer we had a chance to catch up in The dodger dugout before all the, festivities and we'll actually share with you the skit The dodgers put together to surprise everybody With Miguel. Rojas Even Jack harris from The California post was texting, Me, hey Where's? Kershaw isn't he getting his? RING i, said, hey, man stay, tuned it'll. Come just Chill, trenkilo he'll get his. Ring so, anyway it was a great night At Dodger, stadium and we'll share our conversation With Clayton kershaw coming up and how about this speaking of all the. Festivities last, night a Big dodger fan close friend of the, Show Brad, paisley performed the National. Anthem and he's been hearing About Mookie betts learning how to play the. Guitar and Obviously brad's a Big nameville, Guy Grand Old opry, Member mookie's From. Nashville So brad called me a couple of days ago and, said, hey you know WHERE i. Was actually When Brad paisley called me about, THIS i was At CarMax trying to sell my car BECAUSE i got a great new ride from my Guy sam At Downey. Hunday that's How i'm going To Dodger stadium and TO wss every day in My downy Hun. Day Brad paisley called me WHILE i was trying to sell my, car And i'm on this lot Of carmacks for two hours by the way In, oxnard and he calls me and, said, Hey, david, uh, YEAH i Heard Mookie betts has learned how to play the. GUITAR i, said, yeah that's, Right, brad he. IS i would love to gift him one of My fender. Guitars since he's doing, that can you help me make that. Happen SO i Called mookie's. GUY i got a text chain going Between, Mookie Cam, brad all these. Guys and then after the, anthem after the ring, Ceremony Brad paisley His fender. Case mookie came, over he was aware of, it And Brad paisley handed him his brand New Fender electric, Guitar Brad Paisley. Model AND i posted a photo of that that The dodgers took on My twitter page at the Real UNDERSCORE dv so he could see. That so that's how all that came. Together eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone Number David Vasse Dodger talk live FROM wss And Boyle. Heights hope to see you down. Here As Miguel rojas is going through the. Line he really knows how to give the people what they want out, here and we are we played the highlight of the home. Run the people here AT wss And Boyle hides as they come and take the photo Of Miguel, rojas who's not just saying, yeah snap that photo and get the hell out of. Here he's actually taking time to talk to these, people make them feel connected to him and the. Team he's doing a great, job but they're also telling him where they were when he hit his game tying home run that saved The dodgers season and Their World series hopes last.
Speaker 3: Year where were? You what were the?
Speaker 2: EMOTIONS i would love to hear it between now and one. O'clock let's go out to see. Me Valley will you're On Dodger Talk live from THE wss And Boyle.
Speaker 3: Heights, oh, Thanks.
Speaker 11: Dave you're doing a wonderful. JOB i think that what you do is. Fantastic you're connecting all of us to The. Dodgers but The Brad paisley, IMPERSONATION i don't. KNOW i think it needs a little bit of. Work but other than that's fantastic.
Speaker 3: Singer. IMPRESSION i really go over the.
Speaker 11: Top let's keep working on. It but, okay but we'll give you a. Pass, NO i was gonna, say, YEAH i was at the game yesterday with my. SON i think the ring ceremony is probably better Than Opening, day which is you, know which is a tall.
Speaker 10: Task it was just.
Speaker 11: FANTASTIC i was in the it was in the, seats the whole. Stadium we were just like it was just as, usual even though The dodgers only had two, hits they were both you, know we got all those.
Speaker 1: Runs we weren't.
Speaker 11: Nervous we just knew that it was just a matter of, time and the money that was spent over the offseason just kind of paid. Off das coming in, there it's just. La The dodgers are So, hollywood it's so. Theatrical it's just. AMAZING i have a better feeling about this, season even though last year we had that six or seven game winning. Streak the team is just posed poised to just run. IT i, MEAN i think there's so many. Weapons i'm Just i'm so. EXCITED i, MEAN i love what you guys.
Speaker 1: DO i love going to the.
Speaker 11: Games BUT i was gonna say that about About Migi rojas WHEN i see them ON.
Speaker 3: Tv Mickey rojas can hear you right? Now Will?
Speaker 2: In every caller is called. In what's your message To Miguel? Rojas will and see Me, Valley.
Speaker 11: Miguel i'm An. ATQUATOIANO i Love. Venezuela when we see you on, Yesterday you've probably got the biggest ovation of all The. Dodgers you are the unsung hero all. Season and Then i'm so glad that you got your props at the, end, because As dave, says you know you pay it forward and the game has rewarded. YOU i love you and everything that you stand. For So Miguel, rojas thank you so much for all of us in the city Of La. Uh it's just it's just Gonna i'm gonna.
Speaker 10: Stay i'm a.
Speaker 11: Fifty four year old. Man this memory last year season is going to stay with.
Speaker 1: Me for the rest of my. Life so thank, You.
Speaker 3: Miguel all, right, well thank you for the phone.
Speaker 2: Call and If Miguel roja shows up At Don kucko's and see Me, valley you better pick up that.
Speaker 3: Tab let's go out To Sam.
Speaker 2: Bernardino, dave you're On Dodger Talk live FROM wss In Boyle.
Speaker 3: Heights how you, Doing, Dave.
Speaker 8: I'm doing.
Speaker 10: Well hi are?
Speaker 8: You and Mister. VASSI i talked to you, before and it was one of the first TIMES i ever talked to. You and you go get to the, point And i'm gonna get to the. Point The dodgers are the. Best i'm a Vest i'm staying in the transition, home trying to get my own. Place and In october we were watching the game and basically everybody was against. ME i don't, Worry we're gonna. Win and when we were down In game, SIX, alsca and then when we came, Back Mickey roll played those that defensive play at second base and all those defensive plate and one play that they DON'T a lot of people didn't realize When Dave Roberts hall Of fame manager went and made. That he Put piez in there and And piz made that great. CATCH i have a shirt that has the play on, it and WHEN i go to H April tent for The otani, Bobblehead i'm gonna be wearing. That but It's i'm telling you we're gonna win the three. PEAT i believe we're gonna steamroll. Him the first one wasn't, easy last year's wasn't was very. HARD i think we're gonna we're gonna crush the league this. Year we have all the, places all, Right, Dave god bless.
Speaker 3: You god bless.
Speaker 2: You you hang in there and do what The dodgers have, done and that stick to the process and keep, fighting take it one day at a, time all, Right, dave thank you for the phone. Call much better phone call this. Time, dave than the last. Time for, sure we're gonna take another time.
Speaker 3: Out we got one more hour to go.
Speaker 2: FROM wss And Boyle. Heights dodger fans are getting the love From Miguel. Rojas they are showing the love To Miguel. Rojas such a special day here In Boyle heights As dodger fans get to meet their, Hero Miguel. Rojas so now will live in infamy in baseball history And dodger. History when we continue On Dodger talk until one, o'clock more of your phone, calls plus you'll hear my conversation With Clayton. Kershaw we'll let you know what his role is going to be with The dodgers moving, forward and we'll share the skit they had to surprise everybody At Dodgers stadium last night With kershaw getting his ring and throwing out the first.
Speaker 3: Pitch so we'll share all that with you as we take you up to one.
Speaker 2: O'clock don't forget The dodgers going for the sweep in their opening series over The diamondbacks tonight at six point. Ten our coverage begins at five o'clock right here ON am five to SEVENTY La.
Speaker 3: Sports Boyle, HEIGHTS. La rise, Up your
Speaker 2: Champions are ready to roll for a three peat right here ON am five to SEVENTY La sports