Speaker 1: Good morning, Trisha. Sorry for keeping you on hold there. I know you've got a story you wanted to talk to us about, which I know that this does happened like a month ago or something, but you finally were like, I need to tell the radio this story. So what's going on, Trisha?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like, I definitely debated telling this story. I need to emphasize that I do truly love my s.
Speaker 3: But it was the worst proposal of all times.
Speaker 1: I need it. Okay, So what happened?
Speaker 3: Okay, So you said a month ago, my fiancee and I.
Speaker 2: Were out at a bar, and you know, it's like the kind where.
Speaker 3: They tossed their peanut shells.
Speaker 2: On the ground.
Speaker 4: I love those places.
Speaker 2: Very important to the story.
Speaker 3: I'm a teacher, so I had like a pretty rough day with my students.
Speaker 2: And I was just drinking my wine a bit faster than normal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as you should, girl.
Speaker 3: I was feeling good.
Speaker 2: And my Beyonce was nervous, so he wasn't paying attention that much wine I was drinking, and he like he was just focused on proposing.
Speaker 3: So he left to go to.
Speaker 2: The bathroom, and when he came back, he.
Speaker 3: Tapped on my shoulder.
Speaker 2: And I turned my barstool around and like saw him.
Speaker 3: Down on one knee okay, and he proposed and I got super excited, so I jumped off my barstool and my foot.
Speaker 2: Split on peanut shell.
Speaker 4: Yeah okay, peanut shell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of bus and fell and I hit my head on.
Speaker 3: The bar wheel.
Speaker 1: Oh no, okay, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like knocked out for like ten seconds.
Speaker 4: You got knocked You got actually like knocked knocked.
Speaker 1: Did you get to say yes before he got knocked out?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, ducked out. But when I came back, we.
Speaker 2: Went to the ear since I had been drinking, you.
Speaker 3: Know, like we wanted to make sure to have a kick caussion.
Speaker 4: Smart.
Speaker 2: We spent the first six hours of being engaged in the ear.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, God is the worst because they are lighting they are well, yeah, the lighting's back for your engagement ring. Not good for selfis. And on top of it, it's the fact that like you're not important enough for them to come to you, like someone else is bleeding out from an accident, so they're like, you must sit here for as long as.
Speaker 4: We need you to kid your head though, should have some importance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they probably put her to the back of the list of people coming into the ear that night.
Speaker 5: At least that's memorable though. I mean it might not have been a fairy tale, but.
Speaker 4: Memorable.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Why did he decide to propose at the Peanuts on the Floor bar.
Speaker 3: Well, I asked him why he chose that bar, and he was confused because he was like, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: We had our first date there, so it was like funimental but I had to correct him and let him know that we had our third date there.
Speaker 4: Oh, so he's.
Speaker 2: Because picture of birth date?
Speaker 4: Actually was you put out the receipts? You're like, actually, here you go.
Speaker 1: I did kind of want to ask and be like, did you are you happy that he proposed there? So that makes sense that he was a little confused. Yeah, he hasn't written.
Speaker 4: In his planner.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Well you've been engaged for a month and you haven't broken it off yet. Fairly, you weren't that upset by this proposal?
Speaker 3: True? True, I mean I do love him.
Speaker 2: I love him a lot.
Speaker 4: Okay, good.
Speaker 1: You sound like you're giddy in love and excited to get married to this man who proposed to you at a peanut bar. That's what you sound like. I'm glad you're not allergic, and but I'm happy, I mean, and everything was okay after you got your head checked out, everything is, you're functioning, You're good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't even have a concussion.
Speaker 4: Okay, well not the embarrassment, that's all. So when's the wedding?
Speaker 3: I think next year?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will say.
Speaker 4: You probably don't have that plan yet.
Speaker 1: You've been engaged for a month. Enjoy it and oh my gosh, well thanks for calling in and telling us that story. That's crazy. I'm happy that you survived your fall on the peina shells, truly, and now you are engaged to the love of your life. But thanks for calling in, Tricia. But that has been thinking. Okay, so there's got to be some bad proposal stories out there.
Speaker 5: I have my friend Sarah. She and her her husband now her boyfriend at the time, Jordan. They got engaged at the Minnesota Zoo and Jordan had handed his phone to someone to record it. It's like, hey, stranger person, could you just hit record when I walk over there and I'm going to propose to my girlfriend.
Speaker 4: And so they did the whole thing. Proposed to his girlfriend.
Speaker 5: And he's like, oh, and I had this lady record the whole thing and and Sarah's like, oh my gosh, this is so great.
Speaker 4: They go over to get the phone back and she never hit record. I would be pissed.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, my heart would shatter.
Speaker 5: But my friends are so funny. They were like, no, no, no, it's okay. We're actors. Just we'll just do it again. Okay, we'll just do it again, even though, like Sarah wasn't planning on being engaged that day, I'm pretty sure, so they were just kind of like, hey, you know, we'll just wing it, do it again. And then the lady recorded, but apparently they said she felt so bad because she.
Speaker 4: Never hit record. Honestly, that would be a Dave Ryan move.
Speaker 1: He would personally do that because I have to remind him to record things when he knows we need to record. And then I look at him and I'm like, David, you're recording.
Speaker 4: Oh oh oh no.
Speaker 6: I don't know what show A Lissa and I were watching. It's some reality show. But the girls like, you have to propose like a man, and he's like, but I already asked you. Like they're walking the beach and she's like, get on one knee. He's like, can't you just say yes already? But there's definitely people that have I don't know about worse than Tricia, but crazy proposal stories.
Speaker 1: Back to the stories here. We got a couple of people on the phone about some bad proposals. Let's go to Lila first. Lila, tell us about your bad proposal.
Speaker 7: So, just to clarify, he is my ex. Now we do not talk. Oh no, I.
Speaker 1: Like how she prefaced this story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we are getting ready. But the ladies and gentlemen, all right.
Speaker 1: Lila, what happened backcase?
Speaker 7: I have something called arfaid. I cannot eat some food because it makes me physically sick, one of them being seafood. Seafood will make me sick and in the hospital for days.
Speaker 3: On dates, oh yeah, Well.
Speaker 7: He decided he wanted to plan a fun date and I was like, okay, what is it because usually I'm the one planning the date. He was like, well, I wanted to be a surprised red flag number one. He never had surprises. I was like, oh okay, sure. So he picks me up. I'm already I'm wearing like nice jeans, nice shirt, nothing special. Because he didn't say to wear anything special. He brought me to a seafood place in the Cities. I can't remember the name, but he brought me to a seafood place and the only non seafood option they had was kids kicking nuggets.
Speaker 3: Don't but you're good.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I wanted like good food, not something I can just cook at home, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, quote unquote.
Speaker 7: One day he planned and I was like whatever. I was already kind of pissed off.
Speaker 3: I was like, really like whatever.
Speaker 7: I'm a cute though, I'm happy ish And he goes to the bathroom and he's there for like five or tennis. I'm like, uh, are you good? I texted him. He's like, yeah, but I'm fine coming out. He comes out and he has water all over his hair, to like, quote unquote fix it. It looks stupid by the way he bent down on a knee. He dropped the ring like he fumbled it multiple multiple times, and he said he didn't say my name. He said Rose. He said marry me. Yeah, he said Rose, Will you marry me? I'm like, excuse me, who is Rose?
Speaker 3: And he's like, oh, no.
Speaker 7: One mind you. I know one of his exes was named Ropes. Why would you say your ex's name when you're proposing to your then girlfriend.
Speaker 4: Did you call him out right then?
Speaker 1: And there?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, right, everyone was looking at us because he was proposing.
Speaker 1: You know what, Everyone's like, get your cameras.
Speaker 4: This is so cute.
Speaker 7: They know who is road and he would not respond, and I'm like, okay, well consider this relationship over. I obviously can't trust you because you didn't say my name, so there's something fishy going on. And I walked out of that restaurant, grabbed the uber, went to a bar, had some fun, and went hole.
Speaker 1: Girl, I thought you were about to tell me that you still said yes, you were married, and then you divorced like two weeks later.
Speaker 4: Oh. I'm happy that it ended this way.
Speaker 1: Because I really thought you were getting engaged to this dufist. All right, well there is there a new man in your life now.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, and we're happily engaged and we have our wedding sometime next fall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so happy, I'd do there. All right, thanks thanks so much. I like he went to the bathroom to put water in to fix it. I did it look better? All right?
Speaker 1: We also have Holly on the phone. Holly tell us about your bad proposal.
Speaker 7: So I was pregnant and sleeping and my boyfriend at the time.
Speaker 3: Kept trying to get me to roll over. Okay, but apparently he to put the ring on my finger, but.
Speaker 1: I was pregnant and no and didn't want anything to do with what he was telling.
Speaker 7: Me to do.
Speaker 3: So it didn't work. So he tried the next night and I.
Speaker 2: Finally was like, so irritated, I rolled over and he put the ring.
Speaker 4: On my finger, but I.
Speaker 3: Woke up all the way.
Speaker 4: His plan was to like.
Speaker 1: Get the ring on my finger stealthy and then in the morning like be recording me.
Speaker 4: Yeah in the morning.
Speaker 7: Yeah, But that didn't work because I woke up and I was like, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: And he's like, oh, well, will you marry me?
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, You're like, okay, that's a bold choice that he was trying to put the ring on while you're sleeping, because I don't know, maybe you're a heavy sleeper, but nobody would ever be able to touch me without me waking up. Also, put a whole ring on your finger.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not a woman when I'm pregnant. Yeah yeah, right, And I'm not a woman.
Speaker 6: I just don't think like waking up with the ring on my finger is romantic, you know, it's just like, oh, like I would be shocked, like oh what the but I'd still be like, now, where was my mother?
Speaker 5: I don't even want to be perceived while I'm sleeping. You're looking at me. You're doing it wrong already. And also don't your hands like swell up when you're pregnant?
Speaker 3: Did the ring fit it?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: I just have this like picture in my mind of him just like hardcore shoving it on your hand and your mid sleep, and you're like, what is happening?
Speaker 7: Go on?
Speaker 3: Go on?
Speaker 1: Oh well, Holly, you guys did get engaged though, yes, and you're married now? Are still engaged?
Speaker 4: We're married? Okay, congratulation it worked out.
Speaker 1: How many kids you got now too?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, so I'm happy to hear. All right, thanks for calling, and thanks to everyone who.
Speaker 4: Was texting in.
Speaker 1: We have a I think we have a couple of texts that we can read here. Yeah, let's see my ex fiance propose in front of our whole family, mentioning how he was thankful I gave him a son, and then proceeded to say he wanted a son since his first daughter was conceived. His first daughter was conceived with his ex.
Speaker 4: So I did it.
Speaker 1: I love that mental picture while I was getting proposed to.
Speaker 4: It's like, baby, I love you so much.
Speaker 5: I've always wanted a son ever since my daughter was born from another woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're like, oh okay, I don't love that one.
Speaker 4: Fun nice thank you,