Speaker 1: All right, back with Eddie and Rocky, And it really is Eddie and Rocky.
Speaker 2: I'm back ed back from the first state. Had a game in Delaware last night that took four hours because of the referees reviewing things all the time.
Speaker 1: It's funny because I I turned the game on for a little while in the middle of the third quarter and uh, and I'm looking at the time of my boy's going to be there a little while.
Speaker 2: God, I mean, it's it's again, as I said to Ken Troy Aikman said it earlier in the year, and I've adopted the phrase nothing will kill a broadcast quicker than those yellow flags, and they just it's it's the calling down from the booth and the reverse the booth reversal, and.
Speaker 1: It's just, well, is that what happened? Because I was wondering if there was some kind of weather problem that I know, see.
Speaker 2: You would think that would make sense and that would be acceptable, but it's, uh, it's more there. Well, the one that really got me was there was a got targeting that came down like it didn't get caught on the field, all right, so okay, fine, but then the booth calls down for it they review it for like three minutes, and then they say, after further review, there's no target. Well, then why did you call it down to the field, Like, couldn't you have like gotten one look at it and say, oh, okay, they didn't call it on the field, wasn't egregious enough? Let's play on? No, they call it down, look at it for a long time, and then say nope, there was no penalty, which I could have told you after one review. So how look at it?
Speaker 3: How did you find?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: I know, Hey, I found Delaware. You drove east and there it was, but it agatting there was pretty easy, right, You flew into Philly.
Speaker 2: In Philly and it was like a forty minute drive, it was. It was really easy Delaware and nice campus, nice facility. And it was cool too, because you know, when you think Delaware football, the name that immediately comes to mind is Joe Flacco, even though that was you know, going on twenty years ago. But obviously with him being here in Cincinnati and being the man that can do no wrong, people are now interested in what he eats for breakfast? Oh yeah, what? What novels he likes to read in his spare time, whether or not.
Speaker 1: He likes to eat by himself. Because we're going to be talking to Jason Hobbin a little while and I have to give him a little.
Speaker 3: Crap for you do Yes? Does he like Skyline? I mean like just Sesson Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: I like you, But.
Speaker 3: Have you been to a little Yeah, you suck.
Speaker 1: Anyways, we were going to talk about oil prices, but apparently our guy Ray is busy. But let's talk about this story that just broke a little while ago.
Speaker 2: Rock.
Speaker 1: This is a sports gambling thing. Yeah, this is nuts, man, It's really nuts.
Speaker 2: And I sly gambling is is bigger than ever because it's more accessible than ever because a the online nature of it, and then be all these states that it's legal. Now you don't have to have some secret you know, bookie and you know, and go to some offshore account and you can literally I guess I could be sitting here right now doing this show. I don't do this because I don't I don't gambling games, but I could be. I could play some bet right here, and there's all kinds of well spread from okay, but yeah, but then this this news comes down. It's an FBI probe. I guess they've been looking at for a long time, and it's all the you know, there's their allegations at this point, but there's kind of two separate but related things going on.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 2: One is some things going on with with poker, like high stakes poker, gambling and lots of.
Speaker 3: Ways to cheat.
Speaker 2: There's X ray vision glasses that can see the card even if it's face down.
Speaker 1: There's let's talk about that. But let's talk about the NBA thing that real quick, because it essentially is point shaving.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's and it has to do a lot of like parlay bets, which you know, and and it has to do with you know, Chauncey Billups who's the Cherub Blazer's head coach, and Terry Rozier who plays for the Heat, I believe, and another guy uh three three for more current NBA players. But yeah about you know, hey, let's hear it. Here's the under and Terry Razier would more or less take a dive Foo hurts. Yeah, I'm coming out, boom boom. And I looked at Terry Rozier has made one hundred and sixty million dollars. I don't know, I don't I don't watch the NB I don't really know who he is, but like I mean, he's I've heard the name. He's a bigger player. He's made one hundred and sixty million dollars. And how much money, even if you're making hundreds of thousands of dollars, is it worth worth it if you Maybe he's he's pissed it all.
Speaker 1: I don't know, idea, but that's crazy. Well, we've talked about that before. How in the hell do you screw the if you're making if somebody pays you one hundred and sixty million dollars? And I mean you always hear about We've talked about it a million times people, just like you said, pissing it all away? Now, how much you're going to risk that all to get caught by the freaking FBI because you faked a foot injury. That's ridiculous, man, it's crazy talk.
Speaker 2: I guess they look at it like you know. And I'll say this as someone who calls games for a living, right, I am privy to information about a team the night before the game, or hours before the game, or minutes before a game that no one else has you know, wasn't done in the meeting, and the coaches say hey, look this is this stays in these four walls, but the quarterback isn't going to start. I mean that if I were a dishonest person, that'd be pushing pretty powerful information that I had. And it's essentially, you know what what these guys are being accused of is is that it's it's inner knowledge of the team that they are then using to place bets and all that sort of thing. I you know, I often wonder why ESPN isn't more on us and like weekly saying, look, you know you just so you know, any information you get you want to talk about destroying not just your brand but our entire brand, go ahead and use some of that inside coaches information for gambling purposes. Done and you're you're done. You're absolutely done.
Speaker 3: So let's.
Speaker 1: Because the only reason I was killing time there, I was going to try to get the information in front of me, but because you have to read it yourself. This poker thing that they had gone on, I mean, this is very Ocean's eleven. I mean it's insane the stuff these guys were doing.
Speaker 2: High tech cheating technology, right is what was going on? Like again, glasses that would could look at a card face, down on the dealer's table and see what it actually was. I read something where, you know, the little caddies that the chips are are placed in those had cameras in them, you know, cameras in the in the tables. The auto shuffle machine, auto shuffle machine had it was programmed to shuffle of miss or. It's crazy. By the way, I've never played on automatic shuffling. And I'm betting maybe you know, between ten and twenty five dollars a hand, right, I'm not, you know, but I would never go to those things because well that you just don't know. But yeah, and again that the mobs involved, you know, And.
Speaker 1: See that's the thing. It's you and I were talking off here about the fact that the mob's not what you think it what we think of.
Speaker 3: Think of the.
Speaker 1: Old movies where you're you know, you're breaking people's hands and putting their head in a vice and all that stuff. I'm thinking of you casino and burying them in the desert someplace in a shallow grave, YadA, YadA. Well, apparently the new mafia is all high tech.
Speaker 2: Man, yeah, all high tech. Now they still may cut people's fingers off.
Speaker 3: And so there's no questions about that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, and this is going to be And look that this is a good thing, right, This is a good thing for Vegas, is a good thing for gambling. That these things are because from what I have read, it's never been harder for the house, okay, or the you know, the bookmakers to make money because there's so much information out there. There's analytics that normal people you and I and look, Jason Hoften comes on. He talks about different analytics, so betters are are smarter than ever. So if ultimately that the house always wins, it's becoming harder and harder so that they would absolutely want any sort of cheating scandal. They want it unearthed, They want to make an example of it, they want to tamp it down. And I think that's what we're seeing here. And look, I know these are allegations, but the NBA or shoo me, the FBI doesn't research a case for more in a decade and bring it to light without being dead certain.
Speaker 1: Well, we will see see how this all shakes out. But it is amazing that these people were that It's funny what we were talking about the mafia, they were responsible. We were talking about there these guys that organized the whole tech part and the fixing the games, and this and that and the other. And then mafia helped him with the buying the electronics and stuff. But one of the stories I read was and also the mafia was in charge of enforcing paying off your debt, going back to the breaking your thumb sing.
Speaker 2: But but this is remember was it Tim Donihie the referee, the NBA referee early two thousands, That was you know, he was involved in making a call or not making a car here and there. Yeah, if there's money to be made, there's gonna be people gonna try to get a little edge and try to I guess the NBA player with one hundred and six if you put one hundred and sixty million dollars in just an S and P, don't touch it. Don't even have some you know, high high priced financial guide try to move this. Just put it in the S and P, and you will be richer than rich in your wildest dreams. There's no reason to take a chance on making ten thousand dollars one hundred thousand dollars here and there gambling.
Speaker 1: Well, you could put it in a savings account at fifth third Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know CD and they still give those a CD at three and a half percent. Yeah, sign me up.
Speaker 3: You'll live longer to be good.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: With that, we check in with traffic and weather, what is going on from.
Speaker 6: The u SEE Health Traffic Ceator and Mammograms Save Lives called five win three five eight four Pink. Schedule your annual mammogram with u SEE Health's expert team five one three five eighty four pink. Traffic is a little heavy still on seventy five southbound is we have the ongoing road work between Ron Reagan and Highway and Norwood Lateral and southbound Shepherd a paddock sluggish and also between the Western Avenue and the Brent Spence Bridge. It's about a five minute drive there. We have picked up a breakdown on Columbia Parkway at Third and Cruiser there and accidents on the Western Hills Viaduct at States and Grossbeck at Hamilton and also Highway twenty eight at Wolfpen Pleasant Hill Road. It's a crash in the Noford area. We've got to police on the scene getting that taken care of. And once with the delays on two seventy five with the Combs Hill Bridge is the ongoing bridge warthcare continues through November. I'm Rick Shrimp News Radio seven hundred WYW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW Weather Center ford an clear skies, frost possible, the low of thirty three four tomorrow sunshine and the high of sixty It is fifty six nown News Radio, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Rising downtown violence and political pressure have catalyzed the chaos regarding the Cincinnati Police chief. While the interim chief steadies the ship, will community leaders turn to a tried and true veteran to become police chief permanently? Or will a fresh face rise from within the ranks to restore calm and credibility? As speculation is swirling, keep it here for the latest on seven hundred l jawad you.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by the James Cancer Hospital.
Speaker 7: The best outcomes for treating cancer come from Irrettie and Rocky.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the gambling scandal, remember every Thursday at five o'clock we have Jason Hoffin from there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Zarkrau legal gambling. Of course, there's no inside Jason doesn't have any inside info down the Bengals or anything. He's not shaving points he's not talking to Joe Flack about his plan. Who's not.
Speaker 1: Nobody's talking about where he eats and uh, what kind of breakfast cereally has?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that clip of Flack. It was great. Though it's been going around. I'm sure you've seen it by now. Everyone has, uh where he talks about. How you know he's in town, he's by himself. His whole family's not moving here our house in Jersey. Yeah, so you know he's he said. I used to look at that guy that was sitting at the bar eating by himself and think, God, it's so sad, he said, But you know now I'm that guy, and it's like the greatest thing in the world.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I just kind of to myself have my own meal, eating peace. And as someone who's done that many times, I enjoyed my enjoy it too.
Speaker 1: Well, you got three kids under thirteen, you know that's rough man.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh, went on the road and I get you know, just yesterday went to the local first watch there in Delaware. Oh oh, it's great, nothing going on, just kind of looking out. See you scroll a little. The fact that you can find first Watches everywhere, I don't I didn't think there were that many of them. There is a ton. I mean, I can't remember a I think there's one city we've been because look, I am a you know this about me, like I am a guy of If I find something I like, I go to it. That way, I don't have to think about it. I know if I go to First Watch, it's gonna be good. It's a little pricey, but whatever. Yeah, I know what I'm getting. It's great. So but yeah, they're they're They're all over the place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I used to like to go to Denny's when they were still around. I don't many Denny's. I think they're out of Ohio. I think there might still be in Kentucky and Indiana. I'm not sure about that. But Dannys used to bring it though back in the absolutely come on man, Moon's over Miami. I was all about that.
Speaker 8: I don't remember the specific menu items like you do. But right, no, that was my that was my jam right there. But uh, we first time, one of the first times I went down to Florida to be with Dev's family and they all been staying to the same time Share forever and uh that's when I was doing the morning show so I would up in like four in the morning. And that's when our kids were little, and they're sleeping on a pull out you know, they're like five and three or something. So they're in the pull out couch in the living room. Dev's asleep. I wake up.
Speaker 1: I can't go back to sleep, so I get up, slide into my clothes, walk out, get in my car, and I knew there was a Denny's right across the bridge from where we were staying in downtown Sarasota. So I'm sitting there in Denny's at you know, five on a Tuesday morning.
Speaker 2: Happen with like all the truckers that are doing working overnight.
Speaker 1: Truckers and whinos who are trying to sew her up and steal a meal. But yeah, that was totally my go to. Right now, our go to is the news news radio seven hundred w l w.
Speaker 5: News, Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred w l WQ, Cincinnati, Ohio.
Speaker 9: High School at least, and they soon benefit from NIL permanently with the three point thirty report. I'm Sean Gallagher breaking now the Ohio High School Athletic Association announcing today that it is said a voting period next month, which could potentially change its policy regarding name, image and like this compensation.
Speaker 10: Coming off a lawsuit filed by five star recruit Jmior Brown of the Dayton area and a Franklin County judge's temporary block filed against the state ban on a high school athlete and il compensation. Now, the OHSAA is set to vote over several days starting November seventeenth, to decide if those teens will be allowed to make money off of sponsorships beyond the temporary block that we're in now. The principle of each member high school gets a vote, the association will hold webinars to go over the specifics of the proposal before the vote. I'm Jack Crumley, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: Now the latest traffic in weather together.
Speaker 6: From the UC Health Traffic Center. Mad mcgraham Saved Lives called five point three five eight four p. Schedule your annual mammogram with UC Health's expert team. Five one three five eight four Pink accident free on the freeways right now, we're just seeing heavier traffic seventy five South frontal rig And Highway to Norwood Lateral and southbound seventy five Shepherd to Paddock, about a seven minute drive and seventy five he is sing southbound Western Avenue two the Brent Spence Bridge. We have accidents Grossbeck at Hamilton and Western Hills Viaduct at State Avenue being cleaned up. Also Highway twenty eight at will Penn Pleasant Hill Road, a crash and a breakdown in Columbia Parkway eastbound at third. Crews are on the scene getting that taken care of. And watch for the heavier traffic at the Indiana Kentucky state line as we have work on the Carrol Cropper Bridge. Continuing my bricksh REMP News Radio seven hundred now the.
Speaker 5: Ladies forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news Radio seven hundred w l w.
Speaker 11: U S style and average this afternoon is temperas only top out around sixty with sunny skies, coldest air at the season so far. Tonight, as everyone's under a freeze warning, we'll dip down into the low thirties for the majority of the area.
Speaker 3: Temperatures tomorrow back around sixty.
Speaker 11: And we should be seeing mostly sunny skies, so more comfortable in the afternoon.
Speaker 3: From a severe weather station.
Speaker 11: I'm nine first warning meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: And radar at this time is showing a partly cloudy sky. It's fifty five degrees and the Bengals host the Jets at pay Course Stadium Sunday afternoon. A partly sunny sky expected during the game. The high year sixty that day. The game day forecast is built by American home Tech storm Ready roofs built to last American home tech dot com. And the man who police say struck a patrol vehicle that tried to pull him over, leading to a foot pursuit and then a swan stand up in an apartment in Winton Hills Wednesday afternoon has been identified and now charged. Cincinnati police sent around one o'clock officers spotted a vehicle with no visible license plate in the fifty six hundred block of Witton Road driven by eighteen year old Marvanni Finerson and tried to pull them over. Fenderson allegedly ran the police vehicle multiple times and then tried to flee. He would then get out on foot, grab a fire and from his waistband and threw it into a wooded area. In turn, Police Chief Adham Henny noted that an officer fired to shut after seeing Finderson with the weapon, but he wasn't struck. Finderson then barricaded himself inside the apartment building was squat called in, later making entrance and taking him into custody a rain Today, Finderson charged with Coloni's assault, aggravated burglary, and traffic charges, with bond set at seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars. Finderson was already on probation for a gun charge in juvenile court, and he's accused of violating that probation over the summer. Governor Andy basheer with an update today on Kentucky's medical cannabis program, which launched at the start of the year. Basher says they are close to getting products on the shelves, with approved cultivators preparing their first harvest, safety compliance facilities are ready to test the product, with the first processor schedule for inspection next week. The first dispensary in Ohio County has been approved to open. Around fifteen thousand patients in Kentucky have been approved for for medical marijuana cards.
Speaker 3: Seven one hundred WLW sports.
Speaker 12: There's a Bengals update bought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town with thirteen locations in northern Kentucky. Bengals up against the Jets on Sunday preview the game tonight on the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Toe Frown Table show presented by Postman Law, Live from Longnecks and rich Wood, starting at six oh five here on seven hundred WLW. Thursday Night, NFL Vikings up against the Chargers at seven thirty on Fox Sports thirteen sixty Bill Dennison seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: Sports Fill Half Power Trading on Wall Street. Currently the Dallas up one hundred and fifty nine points, Nastick up two hundred twenty six, the S and P of forty six. Our next update is at four o'clock. I'm Sean Gallagher News Radio seven hundred wl WANs what if.
Speaker 1: You could pull up to five hundred thousand dollars in cash out of your home right now?
Speaker 4: Long?
Speaker 2: I would do anything for love, but I won't do that. I was telling Austin, who does not know this song at all, Like, if you're a kid watching MTV in three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, he's watching.
Speaker 2: I mean the hot model that's in if you were thirteen years old as I was when this video came out, you were watching this video like, oh yeah, So I was never wanted to be like an overweight, kind of half dracky looking guy in your life than I did back in ninety three.
Speaker 1: See, I was more of a paradise by the Dashboard light guy. This album was massive, massive for people who don't know, it was Bad out of Hell and this that album was huge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kick kick that out again.
Speaker 2: Give me a rock song with a piano in it, and you got yourself a hit.
Speaker 13: That song I'm gonna say, don't come easy, good, some it don't come up some days, come from bad, traculate get up.
Speaker 3: But he was like so different than any other act out there for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean this is like when grunge music was going, and you know, Guns, Guns and Roses was big, Metallica was big, and then the operettic meat Loaf was huge.
Speaker 1: Just how talented he was. You know where he came from, Florida. He was a rocky horror picture show. That that's where he started. Yeah, and it was either just the stage play or in the movie I forget okay, but yeah.
Speaker 2: Because he had the he had the album like in the seventies, Right, was that Bad out of Hell? And this was Bad out of Hell too? Right?
Speaker 1: Oh was that a Bad at Hell too? I thought that was on the original. Yeah, yes, but the whole Bat out of Hell thing was huge.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's good. And he was also oh god of the movie with Brad Pitt and Edward Ordon Fight Club, Fight Club. Yeah yeah. He played the guy who took the steroids man Boobs.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, what an odd role.
Speaker 2: But he nailed it.
Speaker 3: And it was, like I said, he loaf, this may loaf.
Speaker 2: He's great. He died a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: Well, I forget what. I forget why he died, didn't I don't. I think he had some kind of illness. I don't want to say I just had a heart attack because of obesity or something.
Speaker 2: But he was seventy four, Okay, so well, yeah he had yeah Wolf Parkinson White syndrome, a condition marked by an extra an extra electrical pathway in the heart, which causes symptoms like a rapid heartbeat. So you throw that, throw some rock and roll on top of it. That's not that's not gonna be well for your your heart condition. I will tell you this and maybe somebody can report on this who uh may have seen him live, But I have read reports that live he sucked. Really yeah, don't tell me that.
Speaker 14: I know.
Speaker 3: Man, I was bummed too because I.
Speaker 2: Had some like, you know, one hundred piece orchestra just killing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would think that he's like, oh you thought like you said, like he was the opera guy. But that just reports I read mebe I was wrong. Yes, So because I've also read reports that bon joe Is it sucks life.
Speaker 3: I'm not kidding you.
Speaker 2: Shut your mouth right now, Hey, rock she's saying board would die before he put out a bad show.
Speaker 3: He could play guitar.
Speaker 1: Bon Joey can't say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so about here?
Speaker 2: I about Out of Hell care in nineteen seventy seven, and that was a huge album, two out of three. Ain't bad, right, that was.
Speaker 3: What I was. I'm getting confused, but yeah.
Speaker 2: But then again, i'm your we're talking, I mean literally, twenty five years later he has another hit album with mostly that song that was played a million times on the on air? Did you play that in the ANBN?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't think really, yeah, okay, more popular that would have been your Q one O two's and okay, whatever, right, But uh no, we were too busy playing we Black Album nineteen ninety three.
Speaker 3: You were you were you kidding me? Digging deep into black dude?
Speaker 1: We were but deep in the Black Album. I'm not kid yet. We were looking for stray B sides of anything that might be a single on that album.
Speaker 2: Trust me, most underappreciated track on that album. We're talking about the Black Album. Yeah, of Wolf and man See.
Speaker 1: I have to go back and revisit it. But I will tell you this. I was never much of a Metallica fan. The only reason I wasn't a fan is because I really, honest to god, didn't really listen to Metallica much. Of course, I knew the big songs before the Black Album came out, and then I really started listening to them, and about then on that tour, I went to see them here in town at the at the Arena, and I was amazed at how well I figured it was going to be good and it was great. Yeah, they were in the round and they kicked ass and I knew almost every song. I don't know if it's just by osmosis from being on the radio, but I mean, if they did, you know eighteen songs. I knew sixteen of them easily.
Speaker 2: And look, i mean traditional Metallica fans will and I'm old, I mean you know right and Justice for All I think is a near perfect album. But and it's very commercially but every song on that album, the Black Album, is spot on, spot on. You see. I caught a little bit the end of Injustice for All because that video one got some airplay on MTV when they did head Banger's Ball and stuff. I'm like, Holy God, what is this? And then it's right when the Black Gown came out and my buddy Dan Stricker, he had the album in Gover's house and we listened to the tape and it was restless history.
Speaker 1: You know who else had a great video with a song called one You two and uh, I I.
Speaker 3: I'm not kidding, just ruined the perfect segment.
Speaker 1: I think it's because of you that I did, honest to God, because we've also talked about this with you always doing Uh.
Speaker 3: If you listen to the show.
Speaker 1: You know that I always give Rocky crap because he'll get a song stuck in his head and they'll sing like the same, like seven words of that song, not even two lines, but the very first time, like virgin for the very first time, It's like, Okay.
Speaker 2: I guess he's right.
Speaker 1: And I had a dream the other night that I was going well and somebody said what song is that? I was like, I don't know, but I think it's YouTube. That's all I remember from the dream.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's you Too is a crap song.
Speaker 3: It's you Too.
Speaker 1: Rock and other news and just and I thought of this story when when I read it, I thought of you here we go, uh, because are you going calling? This is a callback to your former UH trustee days. Yes, because I can see you standing up in front of a crown. This guy in New Jersey, he is well, real, thrilled. Philly is his name. He came to tell him the whole meeting to ask questions about a recent property tax hike. But before he said a word, as he sapped, you know, he got his time on the mic. What do you get like three minutes or five minutes or whatever the hell it is. Before he said a word, he performed a wordless robot dance without music and spun around on the floor, and then he stood up and in front of the microphone and said how was everyone's weekend.
Speaker 3: He went on to.
Speaker 1: Ask a few specific questions about taxes and school expenses, then gathered his papers from the podium and moon walked back to his seat. And also, it turns out he is a candidate for the Crawford Township Committee.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this was his audition. This is he was gonna wow them and say, hey, they're going to choose me. On his website, I hope to bring a friendly, stress free way of our committee to our committee. When dealing with the public. In my day's green town, we'd have all kinds of people come up and air their you know, opinions about certain things. But nothing ever like that. I tell you this more happens now because everything's on video and so much so just do something.
Speaker 1: If you don't think that guy doesn't have a TikTok beaji would be.
Speaker 3: Film really Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, with that, we check in with traffic, good weather, what is going on right now?
Speaker 6: We're just moon walking up to the mic right now and.
Speaker 2: Uh right there, right there.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed you do.
Speaker 6: From the U See Health Traffic Center, Mammograms Save Lives five one, three, five eight four, pink scheduling your annual mammogram. If you see health s Expert Team five one three, five eight four pink. We've got seventy five sewing the north bonded union center right shoulder is taken up with an accident. We're looking at so downs back to two seventy five break down in the right lane on two seventy five he Springfield Pike. Cruis are there getting that handled, and we also have Highway twenty eight. We'll pen Pleasant Hill Road with the crash here, and we do have lane closures with that, so playing on delays and just avoid the area. Seventy five southbound VIADEC to the Brent Spence is a five minute trip, and we're looking at this seventy five sewing southbound Shepherd to Pattick in seventy one northbound now Dain at a ridge, it's about a five minute to lay. I'm Rick Schrind produce Radio seven hundred double do WELW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for a night clear skies, frost possible, the low of thirty three four tomorrow sunshine and the high of sixty It is fifty six now. News Radio seven hundred WLW is it true.
Speaker 5: Tom Brendman was once a plumbing company mascot named Terry the Toilet.
Speaker 3: That is basically not true.
Speaker 2: It's a true.
Speaker 5: Tom Brenneman keeps top secret documentation that can never fall into the hands of the Canadians.
Speaker 7: I'm legally bound not to answer that is it true?
Speaker 5: Listening to Tom Brenneman in the morning, he's a joyful experience.
Speaker 7: That is one hundred percent true. Please join me in the gang for the latest news, weather, traffic, sports, aviation updates, eye opening interviews, and plenty of good times.
Speaker 5: Tom Brenham and tomorrow morning at five am on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: This report is sponsored by Starbucks the Pumpkin spice a latte is.
Speaker 1: Buck under our good friend PJ Street.
Speaker 2: Yes, and the topic and I toured in this on air last week. I'd like to discuss fasting. You hear a lot about that as how good it is for you, and it does this, it does that. There's twenty four hour fast, there's thirty six hour fast, there's you know, people people push it. You hear there's some great benefit to it. But is that true. PJ will of course set the record straight.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: I had this article last week, but I thought it was absolutely insane. The It was an Axios article and it was claiming that fifty two the articles that you read on the Internet are written by ai.
Speaker 1: I'm sadly, I'm not surprised, but that figure is crazy.
Speaker 2: And what's even more crazy is the article was writing it from the perspective of boy. We actually thought by this time it'd be more than fifty percent. But think about fifty I mean one on of every two articles you read, a human being didn't write it, and that's only going to get just.
Speaker 3: More and more and more and more.
Speaker 1: Well, I see articles all the time now because obviously we'd go through a lot of information for this show, believe it or not. And I've noticed more and more though there's never a lot of articles that I read don't have a byline by a human on it, you know what I'm saying, written by you know whatever, Jason Hoffin or whoever. It's just like it doesn't even say AP or anything on it. It just has a story.
Speaker 2: I was talking to a woman yesterday and the long story but they lived in their house for like thirty years and they sold it because they wanted to move close to their kids in college. But yeah, it was sentimentally. So they wrote, you know, the the new owner is a letter, you know whatever, just about how much hope you enjoyed this.
Speaker 3: My wife did that when we sold our.
Speaker 2: Right and the woman, by the way is an author, and she told me, she's like, yeah, I used AI to write this arc. Like I tried writing it, tried to get the right and I just couldn't. So I just he just pumped it in there, like, you know, there's some of the prompts of like, you know, I really wanted to kind of talk about our family's history and talk about my young son. And she's like, I wrote a better article or a better letter than I could ever write. Like, but it's not yours, she writes, she.
Speaker 1: Writes books that's well, wait a minute, to be kind of supposed to be from the heart.
Speaker 2: That's that's the thing I am. I wonder and I think I'm sure I'm being naive, But there's so and you and I talk about this four years ago, five years ago, with all the deep fakes and the videos out there and fake and we not knowing what's we're here, we're officially here. I mean, it is a lot there's a video going on. I see around a lot now. It's and it looks like a like a ring doorbell kind of camera situation, and it's like a bear in a raccoon. And the only reason I know it's fake because it looks one hundred percent of real, is there's like twelve different scenarios of it, So there's not this isn't happening. A bear and a raccoon aren't rolling, you know anyway. So the point is this video is clearly created. I just wonder in a world where you don't know if anything is real or not, do people turn away from the Internet and go, I don't know what's real, at least let me go and find some real experiences. Or am I being naive or people just gonna.
Speaker 3: Just I don't think so at all.
Speaker 2: That's what I know. But do you think that people will turn away from the Internet and say, you know what I'm gonna I'm not gonna flip on TikTok anymore because I don't know if that video is real or fake? So hell? Or are they just gonna double down and just say, oh, I'm entertained by it, So.
Speaker 3: Let's say you do.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter because even if you just say, okay, I'm only gonna watch news on TV, how long before that bleeds onto TV and is presented as real?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Well, and that's the yeah, I guess Overall'm asking do people just kind of go and actually revert back backwards back to real experiences like going on hikes and instead of watching a concert online, actually go to the concert and not video it, and go on a backpacking trip and go see nature because that's like a genuine experience. Or do people go my brain and the dopamine hit that my brain gets when I hit this video.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: So if it's real, if it's fake, I don't give it. What do you think.
Speaker 1: Pretty soon you're going to be Well, you already can, but you just put on your You can spend a couple of grand on some VR goga and you can experience anything you want to. So you would drop two grand. Okay, you didn't spend two thousand or ten thousand dollars to go to India to see the taj Mahll. You could take a tour of it walking around your living room.
Speaker 2: It'll be interesting to see. Because I feel like that's what has a good chance of happening. But there's a small sliver of hope in mankind that I have that go. People go Nope, not doing it. I'm not gonna do it now. I'm gonna look for a real experience.
Speaker 3: I'm older than you, and I have very little hope. I know I am totally naive.
Speaker 2: I this is total wishful thinking, and I think you're probably right.
Speaker 1: Well be uh, let's let's talk about more important things like fasting. Coming up next after the news News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: News Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred, Cincinnati.
Speaker 15: Moving a step closer today to when high school athletes in Ohio are free to make money.
Speaker 3: This is the four o'clock report.
Speaker 15: I'm Matt Reese breaking now an update from the Ohio High School Athletic Association today.
Speaker 3: A vote is going to come soon.
Speaker 15: On the issue of name, image and likeness, something allowed now for college athletes and also for high school athletes across most of the country except for Ohio.
Speaker 10: The Principles of OHSAA member schools will vote from November seventeenth to the twenty first on a proposal allowing student athletes to earn nil money. They could be paid for endorsements or social media influence campaigns, but they would not be allowed to use school names, logos, or mascots. Such work would not be allowed during school hours, and they couldn't be paid based on their performance in a given sport. The association voted down nil pay for students back in twenty twenty two, but the attorney representing Dayton Area five star recruit ja amyir Brown, says times have changed. That suit from Brown got a Franklin County judge to issue a temporary restraining order on the state's current ban. I'm Jack Crumley, News Radio seven hundred w.
Speaker 15: Ald All right, checking your drive home Now the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 6: From the UC Health Traffic Center. Mammogram Save Lives Call five one three five eight four Pink. Schedule your annual mammogram with EC healths Expert Team five one three, five to eight four pink. Seeing seventy five sowing a north bounded Union Center that's due to a crash on the right shoulder. Traffic is sewing from two seventy five. Now that problem on two seventy five East Pound at Springfield Pike breakdown has been towed out of the way. So all lanes are back open. Seventy five southbound from Ronald Reagan Highway down to Norwood. Lateral slows through the wark here and watch for delays. Two seventy five at the Carrol Cropper Bridge at the Indiana Kentucky state line with ongoing road work. Highway twenty eight west bound after Walpenn Pleasant Hill Road. We've got an accident. Watch for lane closures there. Police on the scene. Southbound seventy five Shepherd to panic and from the Vineyduct to the Brent Spence Bridges, stop and go. Seventy one northbound. Day that a ridge is about a five minute to lave.
Speaker 2: My brick.
Speaker 6: Shrimp News Radio seven hundred wd W.
Speaker 16: Now the latest forecast from the No Feared Dentist Weather Center Advanced dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you. No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 15: All right tonight, another cold one, clear, skies, low thirty four. In fact, there's a freeze warning at effect for tomorrow morning, temperatures as low as thirty one degrees in some areas. Sunshine tomorrow, high fifty nine Saturday and Sunday looking good. Partly sunny both days, high fifty nine and a high of sixty on Sunday when the Bengals host the Jets.
Speaker 3: A game day.
Speaker 15: Forecast built by American Home Tech storm ready roofs built to last americanhome Tech dot Com again perfect weather for Sunday, partly sonny and a high of sixty. This news brought to you by Queen City Ford and we have fifty seven degrees in Cincinnati. All that smoke in Boone County earlier today it was from a fire at the site of the public store under construction and Union tar machine in flames along Route forty two. We now know the name of the suspect arrested in Winton Hills yesterday after is fired upon by Cincinnati police. He's eighteen year old Marvanni Finerson, who was not hit by that police gunfire, allegedly struck a police cruiser several times with his vehicle after a traffic stop. There was a footchase, SWAT called to an apartment building where he was arrested today. Phinerson's arraignment, a judge ordered a bond of seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars. President Trump he has pardoned. A billionaire top executive of a big crypto currency company who's recently made moves to boost the Trump family backed crypto company. Chang Peng Zhao guilty in twenty twenty three to a money laundering charge. He's co founder of Finance.
Speaker 17: Reports say he helped arrange a two billion dollar deal with Crypto made by World Liberty Financial, backed by the Trump family. White House Press Secretary Caroline Levin the.
Speaker 5: President and the White House have a very thorough examination of every part in request.
Speaker 3: Levitt said.
Speaker 17: Joao was prosecuted under the Biden administration war on Crypto.
Speaker 15: That's ABC's Chuck Sewertson. He was sentenced to three years in prisons, how served four months. That NBA gambling in divent that broke earlier today suggests injury information about Lebron James was leaked to betters.
Speaker 3: Charges involved in an.
Speaker 15: Illegal gambling and sports betting scheme linked to current and former NBA players, coaches, and others. Miami Heat player Terry Rozier and former coach and player Damon Jones accused of inside information using it to make wagers on games. The indictment indicates Jones leaked information about the injury status Jane Sports Betters before a twenty twenty three game while working for the Lakers. Portland Trailblazers. Coach Chauncey Billips also arrested in that operation in connection with a poker scheme that involved the New York mob.
Speaker 5: Seven one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 12: It's a Bengals Update, BoNT to you by Good Spirits and Party Town with thirteen locations in Northern Kentucky. Bengals up against the Jets on Sunday. Preview the game tonight on the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Toe Frown Table show presented by Postman Law Live from Longnecks and rich Wood, starting at six oh five here on seven hundred WLW. Thursday Night, NFL Vikings up against the Chargers at seven thirty on Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 3: Bill Denison seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: Sports up against the Clothes on Wall Street. The Dow is up one hundred and nineteen, SP five hundred up thirty eight, NASDAC up two hundred and fourteen. Next News of four to thirty matt Reeese News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: This report is sponsored by Apollo Home, your source for plumbing heating and air and electrical. Get Ready for reliable home comfort in any season with Apollo Home for a limited time get A twenty.
Speaker 2: We wanted to touch base with you on the topic of fasting. It's talked about a lot online on Instagram, all the all the sites out there, of course. So I guess, first, PJ, describe fasting in the different I guess ways you're seeing it come up, the different programs of fasting that are being I guess put out there is being beneficial.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a.
Speaker 19: Lot of different fasting protocols. There's you know, I think the most common one would be this it's called sixteen eight fasting, to where you're only going to eat in a like an eight hour window. So that's basically for most people just skipping breakfast and then eating between like you know, twelve and eight o'clock at night. There's alternate day fasting, to where you don't eat anything for an entire day and then you eat you know, your normal intake the next day and Rinson repeat.
Speaker 20: Uh.
Speaker 3: There's water fasting.
Speaker 19: Where all you do is drink water for a prolonged period of time, which I've covered. I think I covered that last year on the show, which is ridiculously dumb. There's how about sugar fasting? How about juice?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, buddy, juice, Yes, because I've heard of that too, just drinking juice. Now, that seems a little odd to me. But does does does that work? While we're talking about it?
Speaker 3: So look, it's a good question, Eddie.
Speaker 19: And at the end of the day, all of these forms of fasting do nothing more. Well, potentially, I shouldn't. It's not guarantee. It does nothing more than put somebody in an energy deficit.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's really it.
Speaker 19: Uh, you know, so it's really but you know, does the science support any of this or is this just another overhype fad with a new marketing twist. And mostly it's the latter. You know, fasting is not magic. It it only really works if it puts you in an energy deficit. There's no real like hormonal loophole that makes you burn fat just because you know, you skip breakfast and then eat a in a certain window of time. Fasting can help people eat less. But the problem is is that most people, in my experience, and I'm been doing this a long time, the problem is most people overestimate how much they're saving up, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So let me give you an example.
Speaker 19: A two hundred pound guy, uh probably needs like roughly twenty five hundred colluris a day to maintain their weight. Well, if he eats three thousand calories in a three hour window, that's not the idea. He's gaining weight, right, fastening or not. So you know, let me give you a typical example. Let's say you don't eat all day and you're you know, you're you're fastening, and you're waiting until I don't know, six o'clock a night dat and you go out with your wife at a restaurant. Right, Well, you have two beers, you share the bread basket, you share an appetizer, you have an entre, you share a dessert. Well, that can easily easily be three thousand calories. So it doesn't matter that you didn't eat all day, You're still going to be in a calorie surflus and it's going to cause weight gain. And most people that fast, not all, but most they can't sustain it. You know, the key to any nutrition strategy is going to be consistency and sustainability. So look, fasting may help a small group of people stick to a calorie deficit diet, but most people in my experience, they're tapping out after two to three weeks and they feel like death warmed over. So it's often used as a rigid kind of all or nothing approach, which ultimately backfires.
Speaker 2: So pj okay, I understand about in terms of weight loss and and you know, keeping your body in a calorie deficit or fasting a lot of times it doesn't work. But are there any other health benefits? Because because that's right, I hear a lot of it. Right, you know, cortisol levels are this, and it helps decrease your chances of you know, Alzheimer's and whatever. Right, there's all kinds of claims out there. Are there any other benefits of putting your body where it's not actively digesting food for an extended period of time, And are there any benefits to doing that?
Speaker 19: It's a wonderful question, rocket And look anecdotically, some people do report, you know, things like better mental clarity, less brain fog, they feel sharper, they feel more energized during their fast. But I'll tell you that there's just as many people who report fatigue and brain fog and irritability. That would I would be in this category if.
Speaker 3: I irritability would be mine PJ.
Speaker 2: Yes, if my wife knows if I don't eat, I get cranky, I'm in that.
Speaker 19: So it's a good point, Rocky, because look, there's no guarantee you're going to be in the feel good group doing this.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 19: Right now, in terms of your question about you know, certain medical conditions, there is emerging and I want to stress the word emerging research on fasting's potential role in managing conditions like type two diabetes MS and Alzheimer's, but it's far from conclusive, and and most of these studies are very small, they're early stage, or they're in animals. So you know, I wouldn't put your your eggs in that basket necessarily, So you know my bottom line here, there's nothing magical about eating in an eight hour window or you know, not eating for a day and then eating normally back and forth. Look, if you enjoy it and it helps you to control calories consistently, go for it. But if it makes you feel awful it leads to binging, which it often does, because you know, if you don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know about you, guys.
Speaker 19: But if I didn't eat for a full day and then resumed eating the next day, I would eat ten double right, Like, yeah, that's I have a It's ultimately a wash, isn't it. I mean, and for most people that's what it is. So again, nothing. Here's the thing about about weight loss, guys. You're gonna have to to pick some form of restriction that.
Speaker 3: There's no way around that.
Speaker 19: There's gonna be some rules, there's gonna be some sacrifice, there's gonna be stuff that you have to say no to. But the nice thing is you get to You get to pick your form of restriction, right.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It could be the carnivore diet. It could be keto, it could be intermitute fasting.
Speaker 19: It could be what I'm a proponent of, is tracking calories, flexible dieting, you know, weighing out your food, et cetera. You get to pick the form of restriction. So you really need to find the form of restriction that's gonna gonna work best for you.
Speaker 2: Now, if you yourself PJ ever, just as an experiment, try to a fast or not eating for twenty four hours or forty eight hours something like that.
Speaker 19: Well, I mean, I guess I think I've said this before. I guess I do sixteen eight fasting because I don't eat usually until like eleven or twelve o'clock every day that I don't call it fasting.
Speaker 3: I just call it personal life. I still yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: That's all my life. That anything to like lunch.
Speaker 19: Yeah, okay, that's just my preference, right, But there's nothing magical about it. It's not like I'm you know, accelerating my fat loss or anything by doing that. It's just you know, I'm up early training people, right, I'm good with coffee.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm busy.
Speaker 19: I'm not thinking about eating, and I prefer to kind of like backload my calories. But I'm still going to have like three meals, like one at eleven, one at two, one at five, maybe another one at seven.
Speaker 3: You know maybe.
Speaker 19: But so I get I guess I've been fasting for fifteen years now. I don't call it that, but you know, I just I just kind of backload.
Speaker 21: My calories a little bit. So well, yeah, I want to reemphasize. Yeah, sure, I'm sorry, but you're talking about these three meals. Okay, A guy like you, you're a personal trainer, What would those three meals that you do at those certain times of the day, well, where that consist of more.
Speaker 19: Or less Yeah, I mean I basically we talked about this last week. I basically eat the same five or six meals throughout the week on autopilots.
Speaker 2: So that would be like the.
Speaker 19: Eleven o'clock is going to be some type of protein rice bowl, just sticky rice or jasmine rice with some form of protein. It could be ground turkey. It could be chicken breast, it could be lean steak. Next meal might be like some type of a protein wrap on a high fiber lober tortilla. Next meal might be Greek yogurt with protein powder mixed in with some berries. I mean that I pretty much live off the same four or five six meals all the time, and then when I really wanted something delicious, I will go out to eat and have somebody make it for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, sound was saying about this PGA as we were talking. Not now, because I'm kind of busy with you know, football season and stuff, but maybe like January, I want to like make myself a guinea pig and you know, try like a twenty four hour fast or something that you come up with, like like next year, I want you to come up with, you know, some of the diety myths or whatever that are out there, and just for sheer torture purposes, right, just just see if in my own head, if I can do it, if I'm strong enough to do it. Maybe let's find some things that we can try and I can report back and that will. I'll give you some information too. I'll be your Huckleberrier. He's gonna figure the most painful thing in the world.
Speaker 3: What are you doing yourself? Brod, Hey, listen, listen.
Speaker 19: We're gonna do We're gonna do a juice fast on Monday, and then we're gonna do no food on Tuesday, you know, all all meat on Wednesday, and then all sugar on Thursday, and then you're not gonna eat again until Sunday.
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 2: And I'm willing to do it, man, honest to God. Let's let's try it.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna have Kelly and ministers on Sunday and see what happens to you.
Speaker 2: That's the real experiment is her is can she go that week without killing me? That's as I will bed are off of that that's the experiment.
Speaker 19: Now, rock rocking it. I've talked about I brought this up before. It's been a while. I I for years I've wanted to do the Cincinnati Diet. It's kind of an experiment. So you and I can do that together together. Yeah, what is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Great? Explain it's all Cincinnati food.
Speaker 19: So it's it's going to be the Roses Skyline, Uh, Ryan, guye Buskin, gold Star Rose, all gliers, Gotta or getta all of it. And I guarantee that we can lose weight eating nothing but Cincinnati born food.
Speaker 2: And what limit our calories to? What eighteen hundred and two thousands quantify? Yeah, we're gonna have to.
Speaker 3: I'll set you up, Rocky. I'll do it with you. Does that.
Speaker 4: You said?
Speaker 12: Ryan?
Speaker 1: Guys, so you have a couple of beers along the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll put those in sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we have we have a guy come on every year he does beer fast.
Speaker 1: He does that at uh for lent right and drinks another but beer and he always loses like twenty palands.
Speaker 19: Yeah no, but I can tell you Look, if we do this, I'm mis warning you we're both going to be ridiculously hungry all the time because none of those shoods are They're tasty, but none of those foods are very satiating at all.
Speaker 2: No, Like I mean to get our two thousand calories of Cincinnati style chili is going to be not gonna be a lot of food. No, it's gonna be a couple of cheese conies the whole day. And that's it.
Speaker 19: That's the whole day. That would be honestly rocky. A jumbo three way and two cheese conies. You're you're about you're you're at your calorie limit for the day.
Speaker 1: Right there, like like diet pop or anything.
Speaker 3: What do you drink whatever? Calories? Yeah, okay, yep, but I'm willing to do it.
Speaker 19: I'll probably only do it for a month, though, because that's gonna it sounds great, It sounds fun, but it would be Let's just.
Speaker 2: Make January can replete hell on me and you. Let's just see who breaks first, all right, Let's let's do it for pure research purposes. Maybe a documentary will ensue. I don't know, but uh, Eddie Eddie or you in?
Speaker 3: Are you in?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna document it, okay, but.
Speaker 2: You gotta work with me.
Speaker 3: For three hours and I'm like, I hate you.
Speaker 1: Let's that's all I care about.
Speaker 8: Put that in your Instagram stories, Rocky, Yeah, with them all.
Speaker 19: Look, I'm I've always said, I'm all. I think everybody should willfully suffer for like fat thirty or sixty days every year.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm getting at, PJ. Let's willfully suffer. Let's let's I mean I'm talking, Let's make it horrible and see what happens.
Speaker 19: We'll get up, play with you know of Wolf and Man every morning and get ourselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that is the best song on the Black album. I just listening, Thank you, thank you absolutely with the this guy with with that, PJ, we will let you go.
Speaker 1: And uh, man, I'm gonna mark this on my calendar. I'm gratching them off like I'm a guy in prison.
Speaker 3: With the PhD. I'm locked in, PJ. People want to find more about you, where can they go?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 19: If you need any help with anything fitness, nutrition, lifestyle, have it oriented. Check out my coaching program Revive Fitness Systems dot com and make sure to give me a follow on Instagram.
Speaker 2: At PJA Street.
Speaker 3: All Right, buddy, thanks so much.
Speaker 2: Thanks fellas fast so uh.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you're gonna commit This.
Speaker 2: Would be fun, It would be interesting. I'm at the age where's like, gosh, try some things, try something, oh, something different.
Speaker 3: I'll put this on my on the tiktoks.
Speaker 2: On your TikTok page.
Speaker 1: Yeah that I don't have yet, but I'll start on just for that.
Speaker 2: We'll get somewhere around here, little.
Speaker 1: Dot absolutely with the This will make national press. Dude, Yeah, you threatening to kill everybody the third day.
Speaker 2: I swear to God, if everybody looks setting me wrong, I will come on.
Speaker 3: Glued with that.
Speaker 1: We take it with Travick in weather West on right from.
Speaker 6: The UC Health Traffic Center Mammogram Saved Lives called five win three five eight four pink schedule the annual mammogram with UCE Health Expert Team five win three five eight four pink two seventy five west bound of Coal Ray, a breakdown. Left lane is taken up and we've got so down to Hamilton nor would lateral The ramp from seventy one North is where we find a crash. Now with the police getting that taken care of, about a ten minute trip on seventy five southbound Western Avenue to the Brent Spence southbound seventy five Suger Shoe Shepherd to Paddock and then two seventy five eastbound from seventy five to Hopel Roady is about a fifteen minute drive right now. Also have your pockets on seventy one northbound Data to Ridge. It's about a five minute drive. I'm rich REMP produce Radio seven hundred W LW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather Center Ford and il Skies. Frost possible, the low of thirty three four tomorrow sunshine and the highest sixty it is fifty six nown News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: This report is sponsored by Ohio Laborers and Ohio Lesson the Ohio Laborers Union. They're more than just hard hats and tools. They're the backbone of Ohio's infrastructure, constructing vital projects that shape your communities. Witness their members as they construct solar energy facilities, harnessing the power of the sun for Ohio's future. Build Ohio Right, Build It Union.
Speaker 3: Ay.
Speaker 1: More and more of these days, people in pain are looking beyond traditional medicine and finding lasting relief without steroids, medications, or surgery. Right here in Cincinnati at QC Kinetics your blood contains tiny but mighty healing tools. At QC Kinetics, the medical team gets to the root of where your pain stems from, right down to the cells involved. By putting these natural elements to work, your body can revitalize your joints literally using your own power to heal. It is a simple injection, no hospital staf It's all fast, all natural, and there's no downtime. If your back, knees, or shoulders are keeping you from enjoying life, explore all your options before you agree to more pills or surgery. Call QC Kinetics today to take charge of your health and look beyond the same old, same old solutions. Your first consultation is free, so there's no reason to wait. Call QC Kinetics now. Five one three eight four seven oh oh one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero nineteen. You're still glowing Florid Rock again. You're going to be out at well coming up to the top of the hour, and we're going to get into the gambling thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, our good friend Jason Off huge news. We talked a little bit about it today during the course of the show. But Huge News kind of two related but separate. FBI probes that have come out, you know, where they've put charges out. One is a illegal poker, high stakes poker kind of thing going on using some high tech and X ray glasses and all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 3: And the other involving.
Speaker 2: NBA and Parlays and a couple of NBA players Coach Chauncey Billups involved in the gambling world, and FBI is involved in nang Gonna be good.
Speaker 1: And in relation to that, we will be giving our football picks for the week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why not?
Speaker 1: But Jarro, on your way to the long next to you and Lance, I'm sure we'll be talking about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll probably touch on a little bit. We're heavy Bengals and heavy football. But yeah, I'm sure we'll touch on this. And we're at the rich Wood location. I believe this is the last time at Richwood. I could be wrong, but we'll be there tonight.
Speaker 1: All right, Rock, And speaking of such things, this is a BP convenience store in Making, Missouri. Apparently they have slot machines there.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: This was reported that that made it really handy for Amber Butler thirty four to satisfy her gamembling addiction while she was working in the store.
Speaker 3: That's rough.
Speaker 1: Only problem was her on the job wagering was that she was allegedly taking money from the store's cash register and the safe and feeding it into the machines.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you were a serious yeah, you know, had a serious gambling problem, and you had access to the cash to be able to put insaid gambling machine, that would be I'd be a real trick.
Speaker 1: She also confessed to scratching lottery tickets she hadn't bought, and stealing cigarettes and bottled water from the store, and the story says, confusingly, she pleaded not guilty being held in the county jail.
Speaker 2: Sure, there's a surveillance camera there, and.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, how do you say?
Speaker 2: Huh? We sure went through it.
Speaker 3: It's ten thirty.
Speaker 2: How do we go through all the scratch offs?
Speaker 1: We went all the scratch off and man, are people starting to smoke again? Right right? Yeah, unbelievable. Well there you go, there you go. Gamely, addictions is not good for your kids.
Speaker 2: No else isn't good. So we talked about tech and AI a lot. Well, for the amazing things that AI can do and can detect and all that, there's it still has some bugs. So this is in Baltimore. Okay, Baltimore County public schools, they have like an AI driven gun detection software in schools. It's called the hon Alert Gun Detection System. Okay. He uses AI to examine surveillance video in order to identify a weapon, and within seconds they can tell if somebody's carrying something this and that and this is at Keinwood High School, which is around Essex, Taki. Well, here's a sophomore. He plays d end for the school's football team. He just wrapped up practice and I was walking off and you know, you know, getting ready to go to his business, and all of a sudden, like eight cop cars swarm up and come up on him, get on the ground like you know, handcuffed, the whole deal. And he was being looked at for having a gun. Well, it turns out what this high tech system thought was a gun was an empty Durido's bag.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, informed Island that the ALI saysn't it falsely identified the bag of Dorito's as a gun, which of course shouldn't happen at all.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 2: You talk about the incidents upsetting blah blah blah blah blah. Uh, police officers were you know, obviously then kind of wrapped everything up there. But yeah, they for whatever reason it detected something in whatever our room it uses and said guy's got a gun. Contacted police. Boom, they swarm on the scene.
Speaker 3: See charge.
Speaker 2: A pretty big difference in a Dorito bag an empty Drea bag in a arm.
Speaker 3: Did he have it folded?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe gun. We've all done that.
Speaker 2: You take a piece of paper and you're kind of folded into a gun. Maybe, But I think you just kind of ate some drios after practice and was walking around and boom.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you, man, this happened to me a long time ago when I'm still living Dayton, and my buddy and I had come up. We're driving on seventy five and he had this crappy old car and it just just it's like whatever, midnight or whatever it was, and it just happened. We went dead right next to an exit. So we walked down the exit. There was a gas station right there, so we go in there. And this is before we're obviously way before cells and all that stuff. So we get in the payphone, call his brother to come and pick us up, or whoever we call it. I forget, but We're in there talking to this dude who worked overnight. It was twenty four hour station, and this guy it was before they had the little you set in your little bulletproof cage and stuff, and just some dude just sitting there leaning against the wall, smoking cigarettes, listen to the radio, and while my buddy's on the phone. The only thing I can figure is that I'm sitting there talking to the guy working there, and I had my arm against the wall, just like lean, you know, leaning against the wall, talking to this guy. And apparently somebody drove by us who lived near there, got on the phone and said, there's somebody robbing the Sonoco station right down the street from where I live. And I live at blah blah blah, whatever the street was. And so we're hanging out there for a few minutes, and we're like, you know, we're gonna walk back up the car because his brother's coming to biggest. So so he walk out there and as we're walking out the door of the station, three Dayton cop cars come in and guys jump out and and they're over their front doors. Now you yeah, wow, with guns drawn. And I'm like, do you want to if if I didn't pee my pants that day, I guess I'm never going to pee my pants because I was like, I mean.
Speaker 2: So, so, what was the situation.
Speaker 1: Somebody called and said they thought somebody was robbing it because they said they saw a guy spread eagle with his arms against the wall, lean up again, and I was just leaning against them. It wasn't like I was sitting there with both hands of the log, going hey, how would this look if I, you know, if if I was getting robbed? But yeah, one hand on the wall and a guy called the copsollence, I.
Speaker 2: Guess in a way it's you know, they're they're not taking get any chances, right, but still you'd like to think, you know, somebody would have some better information in that.
Speaker 1: Well, believe me whatever, I was eighteen year old Eddie Fingers, Like I said, if I didn't pee my pants that day, I reckon, I'm never going to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that would be scary staring on the barrel of three guns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh and rock speaking of criminal activity, but they speaking of peeing. In South South Carolina at this time, TikTok users and others are following the escapades of the CCU pisser.
Speaker 3: They're calling him.
Speaker 1: At the Coastal Carolina University campus, there's a guy who goes around and apparently puts himself on TikTok, relieving himself on various things around campus.
Speaker 2: You just walking around pin on stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I features one inside you Pete on the logo of THEE for example, and UH has one of himself on the school's football field CCU. I wouldn't comment on the shenanigans, but a detective quote unquote, unaffiliated with the school is also who's also a big time I guess he's got a following on TikTok because he's following this guy says I know you are warning the pissard that says I know your name and I know where you're going to be next. So apparently this guy thinks he knows who this guy is, so he's threatening him that I'm going to follow you around and the next time you apee on something, I'm gonna put it on my TikTok.
Speaker 2: So dude, what, Yeah, come on, I know it's all about content. You're struggling for content, just like we struggle for content sometimes on this show. But come on, man, you gotta do better than.
Speaker 3: Okay, said.
Speaker 1: On stuff and also a real quick story. This is crazy a little town in Iowa, Jessup, Iowa. It is the police department there is issued a warning that tpeing this Halloween is banned and anyone doing it will face legal charges.
Speaker 2: Can't TP ain'tbody.
Speaker 1: Anymore, not on Halloween. Apparently the police have again is this local or is this somewhere else? No, this was in a little town Jessup, Iowa, I don't know where that's at, labeled it harassment and have identified multiple people whom they are investigating for trespassing, criminal mischief, illegal dumping, and disorderly conduct. So you know, beware before you TP somebody's house this year.
Speaker 2: I've done this one time, by the way, one TP in my life, and like the family knew it. It was a girl, you know, a bunch of us knew in high school and they won the volleyball state title or something, and so the parents knew it, like all right, yeah, so before they came home, we went to you know and got it and sure it was good fun. Yeah, well you would be don't do it on Halloween.
Speaker 1: You'd be purp walked out of Jessup man with the let's check in with traffic, good weather.
Speaker 3: What is going on going on?
Speaker 6: If we have illegal dumping on your property, you'd probably want some TP. I'm just saying, you know, from think about it. From the u SEE Health Traffic Center. Mammogram Saved Lives called five wins three five eight four pink. Schedule your annual mammogram with you See Health Sex per Team five one three five eight four pink. Two seventy five west bound of Coal Range breakdown has cleared out of the way, so traffic is moving better. Seventy five south bound Shepherd Ronald Reagan Highway is sewing and we have seventy five south Hoppele to the Brent Spence Birge with about a ten minute trip. Two seventy five East Bond seventy five to Hope. It's about a twenty minute drive right now. And heavier pockets are traffic. Seventy five northbound Mall to twelfth the street. That's up to about a fifteen minute drive. I'm Rick Shremp Here's radio seven HUNDREDLW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW Weather Center Ford an clear skies, frost possible. The low of thirty three four tomorrow sunshine and the high of sixty. It is fifty six down News Radio seven hundred WLW with.
Speaker 5: Dave Lapham's enthriment into the Bengals Ring of Honor, we pay tribute to the life of lap presented by Skyline Feeling Good against Skyline Time.
Speaker 20: Now here's Dan and d Lapp who famously convinced your fellow offensive lineman to go sleeveless in the Freezer Bowl where the wind show was minus fifty nine degrees. Was it more of a psychological advantage or a physical one?
Speaker 22: You know, I think it was both in you know, that's I was thinking initially, was I'm from the east, you know, I'm from the New England area.
Speaker 3: I've gone through some winners. I know what cold weather's like.
Speaker 6: Not like that.
Speaker 3: That was utality, man.
Speaker 22: And of course the Chargers from the West coast, so they really couldn't go anywhere unless they flew in early to practice in those kind of conditions. Unbelievable. I mean, it was survival. I never played the game of football like that one, because when you hit that field, man, it was like, you know, you were falling on a brick, you were falling on concrete.
Speaker 5: For more on the life of lap Keep it here on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best spangles coverage.
Speaker 4: This report is sponsored by the Dwyer Company, the only name to know for waterproofing your.
Speaker 10: Home is your most important asset, So trust the experts from the Dwyer Company, whether it's waterproofing sunk and concrete.
Speaker 2: Along with a high stakes poker operations is screwed up, man. Yeah, with X ray glasses that can see the cars while they're on the table. There's like cameras inside the chip racks. It's it's pretty wild. I'm still getting a bunch of information on it. But maybe our next guest, we usually talked him about some of the picks here, the NFL picks, But Jason Hoffman, I guess, give us real quick your thoughts on what scro on his NBA gambling scandal and Chauncey Billups and Rosier and what the heck's going on here? Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it's two different things. The NBA stuff is what we talked about earlier in the season when we started this, and I said, having legalized sports betting means that they can actually find this stuff now they had agencies companies have started to partner with sportsbooks because look, Vegas doesn't want cheaters playing games, right, and they targeted They've interviewed Terry Rozier in twenty thirteen multiple times. The NBA cleared him of any wrongdoing. The FBI did not. They continued the investigation, and today you see the results of that. He's pulled himself out of games allegedly. I say allegedly because their only charges are not convicted, but he had pulled himself out of multiple games to ensure that he is under point total on assist total whatever ended up happening, and that's the allegation. Now the poker thing is really interesting because I do play poker. I don't play high stakes poker because you know, I'm not a wealthy person. But the poker thing is weird because Chauncey Phillips and several other NBA players were allegedly VIPs that invited high stakes poker players to play in these games that were allegedly rigged. And you can do all this, you know, you can get decks of cards made that are marked where you know if somebody has an ace or you know, somebody as a king, queen, whatever, so that when the flop comes on the you know, the flop comes, and then the turncard, the river card and all that. You know exactly what's coming. And they're been podcasts where professional poker players said they knew they were losing to people they should not be losing to, but they kept going back because the influence that the mafia still has, they can get access for people all this other stuff. So it is so weird and entangled. I can't explain it in a few minutes, and I don't. I'm not even an expert on it, but I know how it works. I've heard about all this stuff how it works. But it's crazy.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. So I guess they would even get some like former athletes involved in Yeah to go to Eddie and say, hey, Eddie, would you like to play poker with I'm making up a name, you know, Michael Jordan or Charles Barkley. Oh cool, Yeah, And then they'd get these folks in there and there was I mean name. It was a very system organized sort of thing with the mob behind them.
Speaker 1: The guy there would lure Eddie fingers in because you know, man ten thousand and a hand, yeah, yeah, day every day. But those guys were called the face cards. Yeah, and then of course you had the fish, yes, and then you had the quarterback. They were relaying all the cards to. It was bizarre, man, thevery bizarre. But anyways, we'll talk more about that. Let's get to the games, starting with tonight. Our guest is Jason Hoffin from The Inquirer at Cincinnati dot com. The game tonight, for anybody you know cares to bet Vikings at Chargers, I'm seeing Chargers by three Jays.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So this game opened at two and a half and it's moved to three because of money on the Chargers, specifically because of Carson Wentz. He shared no ability to score touchdowns last week, and quite frankly, you know, the Vikings are not going to go with JJ McCarthy tonight. He still to back the emergency backup quarterback. So I'm all over the Chargers on this. Their defense is way too good for the Vikings to take advantage of anything, and they're going to have a run game that's solid. So Chargers minus three minus three and a half, that's fine with me.
Speaker 2: A weird one, Jason. So the Bengals, of course played the Bears in two weeks, but this week the Bears play the lowly Ravens who are one in five, and you look at the line, it's Ravens minus six and a half over the Bears. What's going on with this one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the Bears they've got lucky the last three weeks.
Speaker 2: I'll say that they're four and too, by the way I should mention like and you know, obviously doing pretty good, but you're saying it's been some close at the end kind of weird wins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they called a guy off the street and he made a forty four yarder to win the game last week. You know that kind of stuff. So here's the thing. Baltimore is going to get Lamar Jackson back. They're getting very healthy this week, and they are in must They are in must win mode right now. So this game opened at four and a half when nobody knew if Lamar Jackson was going to play. He's going to play, So that's why it moved. Baltimore is one in five against the spread. Now, four of those losses came with Lamar Jackson out. I am all over Baltimore in this game. And you know, for CINCINNTI rooting interest, we've got to hope that they go kind of rough on the Bears so that the Bengals don't have to face a fully healthy Bears team next week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I's going to ask you with because the over on this is forty nine, And I was like, how the hell is it forty nine? The Bears and the Ravens. Not if I didn't I thought Jackson was coming back next week, but hell they got Lamar back. Well, bets are off, I guess for me anyway, Yeah, for sure, all right, next game, well, seeing the Baker Mayfield Bucks at the Saints. And surprisingly, the Buck's only favored by four in this.
Speaker 4: Game, and that's because of their performance in Detroit last week or on Monday Night football. They're also at arrest disadvantage. New Orleans obviously played on Sunday, they played on Monday. They also have to travel to New Orleans. They are zero to three the last three times they've played at arrest disadvantage and had to go on the road. So I don't really like this spot, except for the fact that the Saints are so bad, So I'm going to take tamp Bay minus the points, even though I don't like it.
Speaker 2: All right, speaking of another bad team, and look a matchup Jason I played in with two different teams twelve times. Right, Tennessee Titans at the Indianapolis Colts. Titans, of course, just fired their coach Callahan last week. Colts easily the surprise team of the NFL this year. Daniel Jones has been absolutely resurrected in a huge number. I think the biggest number I've seen all year Colts minus fourteen and a half, which is just astronomical in an NFL game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's kind of a ridiculous line, to be honest. I handicapped this at ten Indianapolis minus ten, and then I saw that it opened at fourteen, and I was blown away because I'm usually within two and a half three points of whatever I handicap before the lines come out. I don't I've said this before you on your show. I don't know if you can make the line too high for me on an Indianapolis looks like an AFC contender, like a legit AFC contender, and I'm going to take them to just blow the brakes off of the Titans.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, going to Sunday night, how about Packers at the Steelers? The the Rogers Bowl back favored by three over Aaron and Friends in the over forty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: What's funny is yesterday Aaron Rodgers said, Oh, this isn't a revenge game. It's absolutely revenge. Yeah. And and no matter what he wants to say publicly, you know that he's got a fire in there now. The funny thing is Mike Tomlin is a home favorite. His teams don't do that great, especially in primetime. But green Bay is zero to three against the spread.
Speaker 2: Isn't a way favorite.
Speaker 4: This year when they're on the road, and I see that coming back to fruition, I think I think the Steelers might win outright, because we saw what the Bengals did to the Steelers in the second half of that first year of Flacco game. I don't think green Bay is as good as their record.
Speaker 2: Interesting, yeah, I mean it wasn't as blown away with him when the when the Bengals played him. So yeah, I think Steve there certainly have a chance coming off a bad win or ascuming a bad loss from their perspective to the Bengals last week, I just go the Monday night game, Jason, the commanders at the Chiefs talk about resurrected Chiefs were left for dead. The franchise, the whole dynasty is over, and they've been absolutely rolling here for a while. Minus I'm saying minus eleven and a half over the Commanders.
Speaker 4: Yeah, give me, give me the Chiefs minus whatever number right now. What they just put on film last week. I don't know who how many he will pay attention, But Andy Reid set that game up offensively perfectly against the Raiders. I mean, he put Gardner Minshew in at the end of the third quarter because they were up so much. Andy Reid uses he used eight different types of screen to set up other screenplays and just to man dismantle that defense. And that Raiders defense, in my opinion, is better than the Commander's defense. So I will take Kansas City monus whatever.
Speaker 3: All right, well the game here.
Speaker 1: How about j e ds Jets versus the Flaccos. Because if I read one more thing, and Jason, I'm going to appeal to you, because you you were the sports editor. If I read one more thing about what toilet paper Joe Flacco uses, where Joe Flacco eats, what car he drives, I'm going to spit.
Speaker 3: But it's a Jets come on.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, Joe, Joe Flacco explaining how amazing it is as a family man and a dad to just sit down here and kneel by yourself and quiet. Yeah, that was the most relatable thing I ever heard.
Speaker 3: I totally agree with that. I'm has given you a cry.
Speaker 2: I ate alone for probably the second half of my NFL career, the last four years, I was on my living on my own, you know, nobody there, eating every meal by myself, and it's it's oddly satisfying, you know, just kind of alone with your thoughts.
Speaker 1: It's it's when I was a single man. I used to do it all the time. Yeah, and Jason can relate it. You're you're you're still a smoker. And I used to like nothing better than to get a booth in a bar someplace where you could smoke, sit there, read a magazine, have a cigarette, drink a beer or a glass of wine or something, and have a nice cheeseburger.
Speaker 2: Bam.
Speaker 1: I was in a habit, uh with the with that we got jets here at Bengals and Bengals by six and a half, I'm.
Speaker 4: Saying, yeah, so this opened it five and a half and it moved a point because Sauce Gardener is not going to play, and neither is the Ohio state wide receiver Bress this name, but the Bengals like the only the only issue here is that they are O nine and one coming off a mini. By the last ten seasons, they have not won coming out of a Thursday night game in ten years. So that's the that's the teach here. And I gotta say Zach Kill had a breakdead at some point, so why not this week?
Speaker 2: All right? Well, I've been talking more or less all week. This is a easily one game by the Bengals. All of us here have how many times always said that, yeah, exactly, there can be some some tape getting replayed if they don't win. Hopefully they get this thing done. Jason, before we let you go a couple, I mean, there's some really good college games this weekend. Trying to think of which one I ask you about.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's go Old Miss at Oklahoma. You know Old Miss coming off. You know, they look great for three quarters against Georgia last week and then I think they got outscored seventeen to nothing in the fourth quarter. They lose. Now they have to go to Oklahoma, and I'm seeing Oklahoma is minus five and a half.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so my playing this game is the over. Steve Sarkisian worked with Lane Kiffin, and Steve Sarkisian's offense destroyed Oklahoma in that Red River rivalry, and I gotta believe that Lane Kiffin is going to be able to scheme up some stuff to score a bunch of points. So my name playing this game is the over. But I'm also going to take old miss plus the points and to win out.
Speaker 1: Right, All right, cool, straight, I'll take it all right with that, Jason Hoffman, we will let you go.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much, buddy.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, let's go make some money.
Speaker 1: All right, Jays, thanks party, see you buddy. Stay away from those X ray glasses. And when you're at the casino.
Speaker 2: I mean it's you know, you think. I think when people think the mob, they think of like, you know, the sixties and right, you know, even earlier in Alcolaho and yeah, yeah, all that kind of thing. But I guess it's they're very much alive and well involved in gambling.
Speaker 1: Yes, we will discuss more, I'm sure about this in the next few days, but right now, let's discuss traffic and weather.
Speaker 3: What is going on from.
Speaker 6: The u SEE Health Traffic Center. Mammogram Saved Lives called five one three five eight four pink. Schedule your annual mammogram with you See Health s Expert Team five one three five eight four pink. Seventy five is heavy south bound Hopple to the Brent Spence about a ten minute trip, and southbound between Clindale, Milford and Ronald Reagan Highway a fifteen minute drive right now to seventy five east bound between Princeton Pike and Hopewell also sluggish. Seventy one northbound Montgomery to right around from my Dana to Montgomery Road is about a ten minute trip. Band We have seventy five northbomb All to Twelfth Street up to a half hour delay.
Speaker 3: My Merich shrip.
Speaker 6: News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW Weather Center Ford a n clear skies, frost possible, the low of thirty three four tomorrow sunshine and the high of sixty It is fifty six now. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Rising downtown violence and political pressure have catalyzed the chaos regarding the Cincinnati Police chief. While the interim chief steadies the ship. Will community leaders turn to a tried and true veteran to become police chief permanently, or will a fresh face rise from within the ranks to restore cammon credibility? As speculation is swirling, keep it here for the latest on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: This report is sponsored by Continental Roof Company, Best Products, best Price.
Speaker 23: The first time Continental Roof Company under sends the value of family and community. Hey specialize in expert roof repairs and installations for homes and businesses. Call Continental Roof Company today or visit mysensyroof for dot com for a free estimate and experience quality.
Speaker 3: You can trust Hey.
Speaker 1: More and more of these days, people in pain are looking beyond traditional medicine and finding lasting relief without steroids, medications, or surgery. Right here in Cincinnati at QC Kinetics, your blood contains tiny but mighty healing tools. At QC Kinetics, the medical team gets to the root of where your pain stems from, right down to the cells involved. By putting these natural elements to work, your body can revitalize your joints literally, using your own power to heal. It is a simple injection, no hospital stay. It's all fast, all natural, and there's no downtime. If your back, knees, or shoulders are keeping you from enjoying life, explore all your options before you agree to more pills or surgery. Call QC Kinetics today to take charge of your health and look beyond the same old, same old solutions. Your first consultation is free, so there's no reason to wait. Call QC Kinetic snow five one three eight four seven oh oh one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero nineteen oh.
Speaker 2: We're going to be so late for the concert.
Speaker 18: We should be there by now.
Speaker 2: Just need to make a little detour and stoff Ford Gas real quick.
Speaker 3: I know it's all right. Back with Eddie and Rocky a little while longer.
Speaker 1: I got to get you out of here and get joint.
Speaker 2: A gig, yes round table show.
Speaker 1: It is the gig economy these days. You know, man's gotta make a living right now. Though we always like to around about this time, talk to our friends at ABC. In this case it's ABC News Investigative reporter Peter Harlem Booze and Peter, what do we know about the whole this destruction of the East wing of the White House, and there's going to be pushed back on this because the deal is done.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think that's exactly right. The East Wing as of this afternoon is completely leveled. We see satellite JS, we've seen photos from the ground showing that the entire area is gone. Basically that at this point it has been leveled ahead of this ballroom project. And there's significant concern among historians that all of this was done without the proper approval process and the necessary kind of preservation. The President has kind of shaken off those criticisms and said that his private ballroom is going to be one of the greatest projects the White House has ever seen. And it seems like they're steaming forward with this project.
Speaker 2: I mean, let's be honest. People are our rage because it's Trump doing. I mean, people have been renovating the White House for like one hundred years. Nineteen oh two, Teddy Roosevelt renovated the West Wing or built the West Wing nineteen oh nine, Taft nineteen thirty three, Roosevelt nineteen forty eight, Harry Truman nineteen seventy, Nixon, Obama in two thousand and nine. And unless I'm looking at a wrong picture, I've seen like the overhead kind of maps of it. In compare to the entirety of the White House and all the grounds, I mean, the part that they're Discmanland is a pretty small section. Am I wrong?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean that's a good point. I mean, historically there has been constant renovations and changes to the White House. This has been the case for basically every president. Something has happened to change the area. But in the past, when that has happened, it has gone through a robust process that's kind of enshrined in federal law. There's a commission in Washington, DC. It's actually within the executive branch, the president's own appointees, called the National Capital Planning Commission, that has a kind of a thorough process to sign off on these projects to make sure that they kind of align with other buildings in the federal governments, that they don't kind of harm things with historical significance. And the president itself has kind of gone through this process in the past. Is the first Lady Milania Trump created a tennis pavilion during the first term. They went through that process for approvals when they built that. The President, when he purchased a building in Washington, DC to make a hotel. In twenty thirteen, he purchased a historic government building to make it into a luxury hotel. He, even though he was dealing with private money, had to go through the same kind of commission approval process in this case, though, the President ultimately has said that there's no need for that at this point and that he's going to go ahead with this project. Again coming back to the idea that this is privately funded, kind of suggesting that the funding difference here makes a difference in terms of what kind of approval was necessary.
Speaker 1: Peter Harlem Boose is our guest, and absolutely, you know, there's no reversing at this stage of the game. Peter, So, is there going to be pushed back on this or is it a full speed ahead here as far as construction goes.
Speaker 14: Yeah, at this point it looks like it's full cved ahead. We're heading into a Washington DC winter. I see no reason why they'd slow down at this rate, considering this is kind of the optimal temperature to be doing this kind of project, especially ahead of the potentially cold and icy winter. And on top of that, the President has made clear that his goal is to have this project done well before he leaves office. He wants to be able to use this ballroom, enjoy this ballroom while he's still president. And if you look at the rate of this construction project and the lack of that kind of oversight, it seems like he's going to get there. So even if there are concerns among historians, among architects, the damage, in a way, he's already done. The East wing is gone, So the White House is you know, like when it you can continue, And there doesn't even appear to be kind of a legal recourse that they could pursue to fix this. It's not like they can go sue to stop this. Not only is it over and done with, there isn't really a clear avenue to challenge this.
Speaker 2: So talk to me again, Peter about the funding for it. So you're saying, in past, you know, renovations, it's been public money, but this is private money. Did I hear that correct?
Speaker 14: That's right. So in this case, the president has said that this is going to be fully funded by himself and his donors. We know some of those donors, for example, you know, we're seeing tech companies contributing to this kind of throwing ten twenty million dollars to pay for this project. That's where it gets a bit tricky with the law. There are some historical examples, for example, White House presidential libraries are constructed using private money that are fully privately done until they're completed. At that point they're handed over to the federal government for running. So it's not unprecedented that he's paying for this of his own money, but it does complicate the policies governing this, and certainly the President has pointed to that as part of the reason why, in his eyes, he doesn't have to go through the same approval process.
Speaker 2: I feel like people would be freaking out more if he was using you know, tens and hundreds of millions of dollars out of taxpayer money the way it's been done in the past, like when Obama did it O nine and that kind of thing. But it's private money. I guess, you know, what can anybody do?
Speaker 14: That's exactly right? And again, this is unique. We don't really see this happening at the White House in terms of this kind of construction project, but Bill it has sparked real significant concern. If you ask historians, if you asked architects in the area that basically a piece of history has vanished overnight. Certainly, that's not to say that this new part of the White House is not going to be beautiful, that it's not going to be well built. It's just the fact that there was so little oversight when this happened so quickly.
Speaker 1: All right with that, Peter Harlem boost, we will let you go, thanks so much, thanks for having me. Thanks Peter Peter from ABC News.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm looking at a report right now. I've seeing in report from twenty ten that the Obama administration plans where we put in the basketball courts and tennis courts three hundred and seventy six million dollars taxpayer money.
Speaker 1: Rock in other news, talk about demolition here. This happened in Turkey, talk about a dope. Well, this happened a couple of weeks ago in Turkey. According to the New York Post, a million dollar yacht was being launched into the water off of Zhon Dugach, Turkey.
Speaker 2: Beautiful place this time of year.
Speaker 1: Absolutely doulce Vento was the name of the yacht, A million dollar, eighty five foot yacht. You know, I'm sure the beautiful whoever broke a bottle of champagne and slid into the water, and everybody's happy, happy, happy. It immediately started listening to its listening to its port side before it completely sank.
Speaker 3: Into the bottom of the ocean.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: The new owner, captain, and two crew members were able to jump overboard and swim to the nearby shore without injury. Ship Yard officials said the cost of the sinking was under investigation.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, was it just they built it wrong or are they launched it too hard?
Speaker 14: Water?
Speaker 1: Would think that if it just slid off of it and just went bloop.
Speaker 2: But you know, I don't know, because I've seen these before where you know, you launch them in like the angle instead of just kind of gracefully going in the waters, kind of goes and scrapes the bottom.
Speaker 1: And that's pretty much why to think happened. It just went in wrong and just kind of ye But still though, man, God.
Speaker 2: I mean, you got it. I mean I couldn't imagine the feeling if a you were the person owned it, or be the person that built it. Man, look at this, the fruits of my labor.
Speaker 3: We're golden.
Speaker 2: Gosh, have you ever owned a boat not a yacht. I see a yacht, but you're on the boat.
Speaker 3: I never owned a boat.
Speaker 1: I've talked about it. Being on the river and stuff would be fun, but I don't know. If I was in Florida or something like that where you could use it year round, yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe I would.
Speaker 1: I think about it, but just have it being able to use it from whatever April to now.
Speaker 2: I'm not a I gotta I'm not even a huge boat. I like him, but I have no interest at all period myself, of owning a boat. But you know, if someone has one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd be Like I said, it'd be fun, but I think it would get old after a while just going up and down the river. If, like I said, if you lived in Florida and you had access to the ocean, or even if you lived on like a key you lived up in like on Lake Erie or something, and you could, you know, have plenty of places to go, that would be cool.
Speaker 2: If yeah, if you got to launch it, I feel like nine nine times out of ten, you're like, eh, I ain't gonna do it. But my buddy, he's got a place in Florida and he's on the inner coastal and his boat is on one of those you know, little lifts, So anyone he just walks up, hits the buttons, lowers it down in, and you go, that's that's how you do it.
Speaker 1: That is cool because there are people in Sarasota like that where we have our timeshare down there, I mean the ultra nice places, right. You see their little boat launches exactly what you're talking about. You hit the button, drops it in the water, off you go, come back back it in, raises it up.
Speaker 2: You're good.
Speaker 1: But when a hurricane comes in, yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: That's only in Florida. It's it's usually not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.
Speaker 1: Well that's uh, that's the thing with anybody I've talked to who lives in Florida and the like I said, our time share right on the coast down in Sarasota, and that last couple of hurricanes, those back to back hurricanes that came through down there, just wipe that whole little area out where all that stuff is. They're just now reopening the condo building that we are in.
Speaker 3: And that's how long ago? Is that two years ago at least?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And because they had everything got just destroyed and they were talking about and we have to get a new pop machine. It's like that was that was on the website. And apparently our soda machine doesn't work anymore, like really only and nine feet of ocean water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, salt water is sitting here for weeks.
Speaker 1: If it's still if it still works, I'm going to invest in that pop machine company. Good lord man? Uh with with that, Let's get you one out of here and uh and get to your gig my friend. Yes, but before we do, let's check in with traffic and weather.
Speaker 3: What is going on