Speaker 1: Seven point fifty seven in the Queen City of Cincinnati, chick Ludwigs seven hundred WLW. This is Sports Talk. Joe Waddell is tonight's producer. We're going all the way to nine o'clock tonight, and congratulations are in order for the University of Cincinnati Bearcats. They defeated the Baylor Bears today forty one to twenty at Nippert Stadium on homecoming and Hall of Fame weekend. It's UC's seventh consecutive victory, pushing their record to seven and one overall and five and oh in the Big Twelve, and it also allows them to remain atop the Big Twelve conference standings with the BYU Cougars, who scored a come from behind forty one to twenty seven victory at Iowa State. But don't be deceived by the lopsided final score today at Nippert, there were signs pointing to a nail biting ending is Baylor stormed back from a twenty four to nothing deficit to pour within twenty seven to twenty early in the fourth quarter, but when the Bearcats desperately needed a big scoring drive the most to swing the momentum, back in their favor. They got it with a twelve play, seventy five yard march that quarterback Brendan Soresby finished with a twenty three yard touchdown run. And on that drive that chewed up seven minutes twenty one seconds, u Se converted a third and nine pass to Noah Jennings for a first down. Evan Pryor ran for twelve yards. Tywee Walker converted a first down on a brutal fourth and one yard run, and then Soresby worked his magic.
Speaker 2: His TD gave you see a.
Speaker 1: Thirty four to twenty lead, and then baylors Cole Wilson fumbled the ensuing kickoff and a helmet to ball hit by Tayden Barnes that Jakwan Sanks recovered. Three plays later, Soresby rifled an eight yard TD passed to Isaiah Johnson and the Bearcats win forty one to twenty. Hey, I've got my coffee, I've got my computer. All I need is you at five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand, one eight hundred, the Big one when we come back. Jimmy Knippert's half brothers going to join us. Alfred Knippert from Nashville Tennessee. When we return. This is Chick Ludwig Sports Talk on seven hundred WLW Jesse eight oh eight in the Queens City of Cincinnati. Chick Lodwig, seven hundred WLW. This is Sports Talk. Joe Waddelle is tonight's producer. We are going all the way to nine o'clock when Donna d takes over these airwaves. Well, congratulations to the University of Cincinnati Bearcats forty one to twenty winners today over Baylor at Knippert Stadium. And we all know that Knippert Stadium is named after the immortal Jimmy Nippert, the most beloved player in UC history, who died on Christmas morning nineteen twenty three after sustaining a spike wound injury against Miami in the final game of that sea.
Speaker 2: Joining us now.
Speaker 1: Is Jimmy Knippert's half brother, attorney Alfred Nippert in Nashville. Alfred, you were watching today, what'd you think?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Well, that was Thank you very much Jack for the introduction. But oh, I tell you those Bearricats are an exciting team. And if if there was ever a clinic on why not to go for two point conversions? Yeah, this game was the absolute comb up. Here's an excellent team Baylor. The only time they got the Clint conversion was when the Bearcats kept giving him extra chances to make it. Yes, out of what what was it they because I think there was one other?
Speaker 2: Uh, they missed it twice? Yeah, oh yeah, flags everywhere that kept one. Yeah, kept creeping closer to the goal line.
Speaker 3: Yes, they tried it one, then they tried it again and the second time, wasn't there a flag? And yeah, and that one in their second attempt and they didn't make it. So that's three attempts they didn't make it. Then they tried a fourth time and a fifth time, so one out of six they make it. Yes's the odds of getting a two point conversion. Had they gone for the single kick each time, they would have had twenty one points instead of twenty.
Speaker 1: Right, because it was it became twenty four to six, then twenty seven to twelve, and uh yeah, those were those were critical. Hey, just kick the extra point you're within twenty four to seven and twenty seven to thirteen. Yeah, instead of keep you know, keeping your team behind the eight ball there, Alfred.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I mean when they were twenty one twenty seven. They were within a such down.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes, And I wrote down the drives here. Yeah, it was twenty four to nothing, you see. And then eleven place seventy five yards before the half ended, then nine play seventy nine yards in the third quarter, then a twelve play seventy four yard drive to make it twenty seven to twenty.
Speaker 2: And I'm sitting here. I wasn't sitting.
Speaker 1: I was up pacing around this seven hundred WLW studio wondering, is you see coin to lose this game with a twenty four to zing lead.
Speaker 2: But some great things happened down.
Speaker 3: The stretch, well you know, And again it shows that the need for playing fundamental sound football and don't make the mistakes that move the sticks for the other team. Taylor made a mistake at the very beginning of the game, and I think it set the tone where they kept a drive alive with the pass interfairance correct and that allowed you see, to start getting ahead and to start having the long term momentum in their favor. That that was probably the most critical call of the whole game.
Speaker 2: And it got pretty sure that yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Got There were a whole series of calls that went against you see, but by then the game was already rolling against Baylor.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, there were well two pass interference against Matthew McDoom, at least two or three against the Ormani Arnold. So a cornerback has to get his head turned around. If he's got his hands on the receiver and his back turned, you're going to get a flag.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, even if it's not affecting the play, the balls unctchable, they've they've got to throw the flag, which is what happened in that one in the end zone.
Speaker 2: Absolutely right.
Speaker 1: But when UCEE needed when it was twenty seven to twenty, when they needed that drive, it came through in a huge third and nine passed from Brendan Sorosby to Noah Jennings and then Tywe Walker fourth and one, just grinding out those short yardages and then of course Soresby with the twenty three yard scoring run that allowed us all to breathe with six thirteen to go.
Speaker 3: Absolutely in that fourth down play, when you look at it again, it was because he was on top of the Baylor player. Had he been on the ground, that'd have been stopped. But he was on top of a Baylor player.
Speaker 1: Well, Alfred Knippert is joining us here in Alfred, you were at Knippert Stadium a year ago celebrating the one hundredth anniversary of this incredible venue. It's called the Wrigley Field of college Football. It seats forty twenty four. Every seat was taken today. What's it like for somebody who has never been to Nippert for a game like this today?
Speaker 2: What's that atmosphere like?
Speaker 3: There are very few stadiums that are old enough to capture that feel of a century ago, and Knippert Stadium, although it's had some evolutions, it still has that feel of when the game was a classic, but before it was hyped up so much, before there was television where games were uh transmitted to other city by telegraph and reconstructed by by announcers and other cities. It was. It was an amazing thing. The announcer didn't announce live, he actually tapped out the message on a on a telegraph key and another announcer another city, recreated from the telegraph.
Speaker 1: That's right, creating it, making making it sound as interesting and as exciting as possible.
Speaker 3: Yes, and Knippert Stadium dates from that era and and you do get that feel when you come in you see all the fancy buildings, and then you realize when you see the printwork, this has been here a while, This has got some history. This is important, and it has a tradition, and you don't have that tradition in most ballparks anymore. They've all been torn down or they're stadiums or ballparks or arenas. There aren't many left from one hundred years. So it's an amazing experience. It was certainly an amazing overwhelmed. I keep using the word amazing. It was. It was odd aspiring to be down there on the field and hear the roar of that crowd. There are very few stadiums or facilities in general that can generate the kind of noise that Niffert.
Speaker 1: Us with just forty plus thousand spectators. And listening to the Scott Saderfield Show, when the players come in on that show and they talk about just how cool it is and how exciting it is to play in that venue.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad they enjoyed. I've enjoyed being a peripheral part of it for for the decades that I lived in.
Speaker 1: Cincinnati and Alfred Wow, great family history of course, and I know Cincinnati is very important to your uh, to your heritage. Your other half brother Lewis owned the Reds at a very critical time in history.
Speaker 3: Well, he owned He was the key player in the Reds and and the Bengals. He owned a piece of the Bengals as well, because when city like Cincinnati was on the verge of losing it's too franchise, well losing its Red franchise and not getting a pro football franchise, and a group of very civic minded citizens, my brother was included, came together and saved the Reds from going away. Because at that time, you couldn't read a scorecard or a box score listed a paper without a ram McNally in your hand to see where's this team? Okay, you're saying, it's the analytics? What what what city is it in? Is it in Philadelphia? Is it in Kansas City? Is an Oakland?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Which city is it? Grabbed me a ram McNelly and I'll.
Speaker 1: Tell you, uh.
Speaker 3: And and they saved that the team for Cincinnati. And when he sold the Reds, unlike many owners who are just pocketed book the money and moved on, he and his wife Louise, took some money and put it into a trust for the city of Cincinnati. And sometimes you'll you'll see when there are events on Fountain Square that the funds come from the L and L Trust, that's Lewis and Louis trust that they set up. And they didn't do it to wave their wave the flag or beat their chest and say how good am I. Most people are unaware of what that is and and and that, and that came from what he saw with the family putting the money up to honor his brother with Hifford Stadium, to UH take care of people generally with the Elizabeth Gamble Deek and his home Association which is now known as christ Hospital. UH and many other had the Professta Hospital, but as the base had had a doorway which had the name Nippered overt honoring UH his grandfather and my grandfather on my father's side of the Reverend Ludig Knippert, who had saved German Methodism in in in Switzerland and and part of Germany. So he had seen the family do service for others, and that was why I think he continued forward in terms of trying to pay to the Reds and bringing a pro football to Sin today.
Speaker 1: And speaking of that, Alfred Knippert, the half brother of both Lewis and Jimmy Nippert. When the Bengals were born, I know that they wanted to get into the NFL. And my understanding is that Pete Roselle, the commissioner, said, Hey, join the AFL for two years. We're going to merge in nineteen seventy and we'll have a AFC in an NFC and we'll have the Bengals in the National Football League at that point. So is that your understanding to yeah, wait two years and yeah, and then and then they needed three teams. They needed three teams from the NFL to join the AFC, and yeah, Baltimore, Cleveland and Pittsburgh joined the AFC, thank goodness.
Speaker 2: And they got.
Speaker 1: Rewarded handsomely for it, either two or three million dollars to join the a f C, and I know the fans were.
Speaker 2: Just up in arms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which was a lot of money for teams at that time. And now it's all fungible. It doesn't make any difference which side of the file you're on.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and Alfred, it's always interesting and just a joy to talk to you with all the history in that in that brain of yours.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a delight to be on your program, and it's a it's a it's wonderful that you share your knowledge, experience and insights with all the people who are fortunate enough to be within the radius of your broadcast, because there aren't many broadcasters that have the range of knowledge and experience that you do, not only in the in the professional leagues, which you do with the Reds and Bengals, bute with college sports, and and I know that you referee for many, many or youth programs, And what would you give back because whatever they pay restaurant around the field on Saturday night or Sunday morning early and whatever weather is out there is certainly not enough. Uh.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: It's done because of the love of the games, the love of the sport, and the opportunity to see young people have an opportunity to do something with their lives. And what you give back. People don't say enough about that. And certainly you would never blow your own hor which is the same story of my brother.
Speaker 1: He would never blow his Alfred Nippert Live from Nashville, Tennessee, can't thank you enough for joining us tonight. Great stuff, Alfred, and we will be in touch all the best of you and.
Speaker 2: Can't thank you all right your tuser by way.
Speaker 1: Hey, I put the coffee on and I've got my coffee. I've got my computer. All I need is you. That's open up the phone lines. You see Bearcats Hall of Fame weekend, big victory today over Baylor.
Speaker 2: Gosh, we're good enough to dream about Dallas and possibly a national championship. Am I crazy?
Speaker 1: Five one three, seven, four nine, seven thousand, one, eight hundred the big One. Chick Ludwig Sports Talk seven hundred WLW twenty eight minutes after the eight o'clock hour. This is Chick Ludwig Sports Talk seven hundred w welw in. What an incredible weekend we have here in Cincinnati sports and for me selfishly, it all started on Friday night when number one ranked Elder, my alma mater, defeated Michigan based day le Salle High School thirty five to seven. And it was the Elder Panthers four hundredth victory in the Pit Elder Stadium, and it marked Elder's ten and oh season, the fourth time the program has gone ten and oh nineteen fifty four, nineteen eighty nine, ninety one, and this year twenty twenty five. In congratulations to Doug Ramsey twenty nine plus years heading this program, and he's never had an undefeated ten and oh regular season until this year. And then you see goes out and defeats Baylor today at Knippert Stadium forty one to twenty in a game that was really closer than that final score, because you see blew out to a twenty four to zer in lead and Baylor pulled within twenty seven to twenty early in the fourth quarter. You see got the drive and the touchdown at Need with six thirteen to go, and then caused the fumble, recovered the fumble, and then Brendan Soresby threw another touchdown pass for the forty one to twenty victory. And tomorrow at pay Corpse Stadium, it's the Ring of Honor game against the New York Jets one o'clock, featuring inductees Dave Lapham and Leapin' Lamar Parrish. And then on Monday, FC Cincinnati hosts the Columbus Crew at six forty five at TQL Stadium in the MLS Cup Playoffs, Round one, best of three series. Does it get any better than this unless the Reds would be in the World Series. Hey at Sports Talk with your host Chick Ludwig. The numbers to dial five one, three, seven four, nine, seven thousand, one, eight hundred the Big.
Speaker 2: One on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Eight thirty seven in the city of Cincinnati. Chick Ludwig, Welcome back to Sports Talk. We're going till nine o'clock tonight and then Donna d takes you all the way till midnight tonight.
Speaker 2: Just saw Donna in the uh.
Speaker 1: Outside the newsroom here and she's all excited about tonight's show, and so am I. I will be listening on my way back to the Miamisburg war Room. Well, we're talking U see football here and we're gonna mention the the Ring of Honor. I want to talk a little bit about Dave Lapham and leaping Lamar Paris here in a minute.
Speaker 2: But first let's go out to the phones.
Speaker 1: Richard is in Dayton, Dick, Dick, what's going on tonight?
Speaker 5: Well, you know you have to say something though, after that week ago on Thursday, what a victory that was, Chick I'm telling you great victory, you know.
Speaker 1: Yes, and what oh yeah, we're talking Bengals here. Yeah, I just had a little uh yeah, oh it was. It was huge. And now the toast of the town is Joe Flacco. Can they keep it going? Here's what worries me, Dick, because I'm a worrier the Bengals. The Bengals play to their competition, to the level of their competition.
Speaker 2: They raised their level against Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Now now they play the zero to seven New York Jets, and they better put their foot on the Jets' throat early and take them out of this game and get back to four and four and then with the arrow pointing upward the remainder of the season.
Speaker 5: Yes, and you know another thing, congratulations. I got to meet him at Barley korn Is about ten years ago. I talked to him, and Dave Lapham deserves he's a pretty good color announcer.
Speaker 2: You know, Hey, he's a legend.
Speaker 1: He's a legend that's been involved with the and affiliated with the Bengals as a player in broadcaster for fifty plus years.
Speaker 2: Lap lap is the best.
Speaker 5: And congratulations to the Bearcats, buddy. How about that huge?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Forty one to twenty over Baylor, and you know, you think about the Big Twelve and they're tied here atop the conference standings with BYU. They're on a collision course to meet later this season and hopefully ESPN game Day will be in town.
Speaker 2: Would that be unreal? Again?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wanted to tell you something too. Every Tuesday, I play in a little group. It's called the Star City Dollshmers, okay in the direction, and we played down by the tring track there and I always enjoy it going in and we play a couple hours and she wants to book me. It's for some concerts, so you know, maybe I'll see you down there.
Speaker 1: This sometimes all fantastic, Dick, And that sounds great, man, Hey, appreciate you as always.
Speaker 5: Okay, have a good day, all.
Speaker 1: Right, fantastic. Well, there's all kinds of ways to win a football game.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: When I think of Brandon Soresby, Brendan Sorosby of the University of Cincinnati, I think of that arm, But how about his legs and how about the running game? Being the best friend of a quarterback. Brendan Soresby only threw twenty one passes today, thirteen of twenty one for a one hundred and eleven yards, but two of them were for touchdowns and UC erupted for two hundred and sixty seven rushing yards on forty nine carries for a five point four yard average. How fantastic is that? And Brendan Soresby played a huge role in that running game. Two and I also and they give credit to the special teams of UC, especially Steven Russknack the kicker. He hasn't missed an extra point or a field goal this year. He's perfect on the season, eleven field goals and all of his extra points. And there was really only one bummer today, the only unfortunate aspect of today's forty one to twenty victory over the Baylor Bears. The Bearcats were thirty three for thirty three, scoring touchdowns and field goals in the red zone. Every trip inside the red zone they scored until the final drive when they got the ball back Chance Williams, a third string running back who got some action today. Evan Pryor got banged up a little bit, had to go into the blue tent and ty Wee Walk, Oh my goodness, what a warrior that guy is. So to give chance Williams some reps, he runs for seven yards to the Baylor seventeen you know in the final in the final minute, and then Brendan Soresby took a knee for a two yard loss. So the ball's on the seventeen yard line inside the red zone when the clock runs out. So it was the first trip all season inside the red zone where they didn't score. But nevertheless, just an awesome performance today by UC, especially when they needed it because Baylor was coming back. Don't be deceived by the lopsided score forty one to twenty. Baylor got within twenty seven to twenty at the thirteen thirty four mark of the fourth quarter, and UC faced a third and nine on there if they punt and give the ball back to Sawyer Robertson, who threw two touchdowns in this game for Baylor. Man they couldn't stop him on three long drives after UC built a twenty four to nothing lead, But Noah Jennings comes through, hooking up on a pass from Brendan Sorosby. Tywee Walker gets a first down on a fourth and one at Baylor's twenty seven, and then a twenty three yard touchdown run by Soresby gave the Bearcats breathing room with a thirty four to twenty lead at the six thirteen mark, and then a forced fumble on the ensuing kickoff and a fumble recovery and then a touchdown passed from Soresby to Isaiah Johnson. The final score forty one to twenty, and the icing on the cake was Steven Russknack's forty one to twenty. We're gonna take a final break and come back. And I want to talk a little ring of honor here with Dave Lapham and leaping Lamar Parrish, and we also want to hear from Bearcats head coach Scott Saderfield. All coming up Sports Talk with the Chickster Chick Ludwig on seven hundred WLW. Welcome back to Sports Talk with your host, Chick Ludwig. And do you see Bearcats defeat the Baylor Bears today forty one to twenty at Nippert Stadium And newly minted UC Hall of Famer Tony Pike caught up with Bearcats head coach Scott Saderfield after the game.
Speaker 2: Here's what Scott had to say.
Speaker 6: Coach, congratulations on another win. You come into a game like this against Sawyer Robertson, who leads the country in passing yards per game, They lead the country from a passing attack per game, and you look up at the end of the night, one hundred and thirty seven passing yards for the Baylor offense. No one's been able to do that this year. What led to your defense having success against them?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think just, first of all, an incredible job by Coach Byte and Coach Brass and all the guys on defense. I think our defensive stay I put together a great plan coming into this week, and then a lot of credit goes to our players because I think our players really bought into the plan obviously, and then had a great week. I mean, you know, Tuesday was a little bit rough, you know, and then you get to Wednesday and you clean it up a little bit of a few things. But then for us, you know, the end of the week is so mental, and I think our guys did a great job of locking into where they needed to be, who they needed to cover, and all those type things. But I'm just really proud of our defense. To hold them to that number.
Speaker 6: Felt like great rhythm to start the game. And then it felt like at times trying to find that rhythm. But it's odd, we're talking on the broadcast. You look up at the end of the game and you've scored forty one points only punted once tonight. What is it about this offense that, at times, even when it doesn't feel like it's operating at its highest level, is still successful.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think we're very efficient offense. I mean I think sometimes you you know, you go out and you go three and out, and I think that everybody's like, what in the world's going wrong with our offense? I mean a little bit of that because we have a lot of success, I think, you know, and so you feel that way, including me. I'm like, man, what happened right there? But but again, I think we're very efficient. And you look at the third down and fourth down stats. You know, we're able to stay on the field tonight with nine for fourteen on third and two for two on fourth. I mean that that keeps drives alive. You know, we've done a great job this year of scoring. Tonight, we did get held to a couple of field goals, and I think the penalty has had something to do with that. Obviously shooting ourselves in the foot. But but tonight we also won a time possession of It's the first first time we won that this year. So that was good to be able to run more plays than the opposition. But yeah, we got some playmakers. I mean, I think you know sores be running the football and then tyle Wee Walker running in Evan Pryor. I mean, all those guys split carries today, did some great things and didn't have to throw the ball as much today, But we were fishing when we did.
Speaker 6: On a night where Joe Royer only has one catch, how is his game still impactful? People see the numbers, but it's his blocking, it's his pass protection. How does he still have an imprint on a game even if the numbers aren't there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it is that kind of game. We felt like we needed to come in and establish the run and really keep their offense off the field, and I think we did a good job with that. And so Joe, you know, has to look at our house. Can I impact this game? We were a lot of twelve person of the nights. There's a lot of tight ends on the field throughout this whole game, and so obviously him blocking. You know. Obviously we didn't get the ball in the air very much because you only throw it twenty one times, you know, so it's not going to find his way very often. But they have to have a huge impact in the game because he's out in the field. I'll tell you this too. There were many times in this game where we were running the ball and the secondary was slow in coming up because they were sitting on top of Joe. They're thinking about the tight end pass, you know. And so I think he did affect the game, just in different ways.
Speaker 6: When you look at the end of the game, taking knee, unfortunately it's inside the twenty yard line. You guys had been perfect all season inside the red zone. Our guy, Zach Stype, somebody needs to make it a point to get that reversed from the NCAA. If you're taking a knee, that shouldn't count against you.
Speaker 4: That's very unfortunate, you know, And I just realized that that we you know, we got down there, we're trying to run the clock out, which you know we did, and our guys were running hard. We get inside the twenty had you know, three yards, you know, but you know, we'll take it. You know, we in our minds were still perfect in the red zone. We scored every time that we wanted to. So I think maybe you put a little asterix beside the red zone scoring.
Speaker 6: Watched a punt tonight where Mason Fletcher rolls out to the right, kicks it across his body to the opposite hash to prevent the return from happening. Russ Nick is perfect on the night again. And then you guys force a turnover with your kickoff coverage team. We've discussed special teams, but this just the latest installment of how good your guy's special teams is at momentum and changing the game in positive ways.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean, Coach Pascal and Coach Connors do a great job setting up our special team units in all four phases to have success. And our guys have brought into that, you know, and and kicking's part of it. And I think, you know, Max did a great job. We wanted to punt away from that kid. I mean two years ago we're here. He had a huge return on us, you know, kind of popped the game open. But to not let him, you know, get loose on a punt return. Great punt and then obviously knocking down the two field goals again tonight. I mean, these guys but it played at a high level and when they're called upon, you know, if they're not called upon. And obviously I was joking with Max, I said, man, how you feeling out to the game.
Speaker 2: He's that coach.
Speaker 4: I had one punt. He's excited about it. He's like, look at that scoreboard, coach. You know, everybody our team are team guys, unselfish players, and they're going to do whatever it takes for us to win.
Speaker 6: Lastly, you get a huge win in front of an awesome crowd homecoming. Great to see that environment out here today. You stay atop the lead in the league with BYU who also won. Now you've got to take it on the road. What's the mindset as you turn the page now and lean on your veteran leaders to get the mindset and another good week of preparation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it was a great crowd. I mean it was awesome. You know, read out today for homecoming. Really, you know, anytime you can show a good product on the field, especially during homecoming because your alumni is coming back, you know, they want to have a lot of pride in their school and something to cheer forward. So obviously we gave them something to cheer for tonight. It was great. Our students were into it. It's a great environment. It's really really fun, you know. And then also you know Hall of Fame and you know, congratulations to you know, getting played in the Hall of Fame, and it's great, a great situation for everybody involved when you put up forty one on the board and get a big, big twelve win like this to stay undefeated, and really what that means is now, hey, next week's even bigger. You know, we're going the road in a very tough environment out at Utah. We know that an outstanding football team. You know, we'll get to work tomorrow, but tonight we're going to celebrate this win.
Speaker 6: Coach, we appreciate the time, enjoy the wind tonight, Good luck next week.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: That's our very own Tony Pike newly minted you see Hall of Famer with Scott Saderfield, head coach of the Bearcats, celebrating the forty one to twenty victory today over Baylor. Well, tomorrow, the Cincinnati Bengals host the New York Jets, and it's the ring of Honor game at pay Corpse Stadium one o'clock featuring inductees Dave Lapham and Leap and Lamar Parrish. Both have chapters in my book, The Legends Cincinnati Bengals, The Men, The Deeds, The Consequences. Lap fifty years with the Bengals as a player and as a broadcaster phenomenal color analyst on the Bengals Radio network.
Speaker 2: He was the tool.
Speaker 1: He played all five positions, including all five positions in one game, and Leap and Lamar Parrish on the opposite side of the field at cornerback to.
Speaker 2: Ken Riley. They were just awesome together.
Speaker 1: Well, Leap, one of my closest friends is Bengals alumni Go. He's the only Bengals player to ever score two touchdowns in a game on returns and or recoveries, and he did it three times.
Speaker 2: Leap, who was a Bengal.
Speaker 1: From nineteen seventy through seventy seven, scored two tds in nineteen seventy at Buffalo, a ninety five yard kickoff return and an eighty three yard return of a block field goal attempt. In nineteen seventy two at Houston, he had a twenty five yard pick six interception return and a thirty three yard interception return. And in nineteen seventy four against Washington, he had a ninety yard punt return and a forty seven yard fumble return. Just incredible, and he went on to play for those two teams that he burned, Buffalo and Washington. He's in the Black College Football Hall of Fame. He also belongs in Canton with Ken Riley Leaping Lamar. Unbelievable and it's just the gosh, the knowledge and the foresight of Paul Brown. Ken Riley was a quarterback at Florida A and M, and Leaping Lamar was a running back for the Blue Tigers in Lincoln, Missouri. It's the Hall of Fame game tomorrow and you can hear me with Bruce Kazerski following the game five thirty to eight thirty at the Wings and Rings on Beachmont Avenue right here on seven hundred WLW. Until then, this is the Chickster chick Ludwig saying thanks for listening to the Home of the Reds and the best Bengals coverage. Seven hundred WLW