Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five seventy l A Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros papada Gus terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pie.
Speaker 2: Don't miss an episode. We're with you. Yeah, follow the Petros In Money Show.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: And condition.
Speaker 1: You see your father, then you see me, You'll feel me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Fourth and final hour of the Petro san Money Show. Full four hour show today. Had four hour shows all week save yesterday that two to four and What an Affair. A big thank you to miss January for having us out at the BJ's rest Runner brew House here to close out the season. But just two more episodes left of the Petros and Money Show. Next Monday, well this coming Monday, i should say, and Tuesday we'll go in to Monday Night football again. Forty nine ers versus Coltsland will have a full I think three and a half hour show going into Clippers basketball on Tuesday. So thank you to miss January and BJ's for allowing us to have one last party with a lot of you. It was a great turnout. It was an incredible event, even though we were handcuffed to buy those same clips that will play on Tuesday, and of course they lost by like twenty points. Yes to those that showed up, it was quite a party, especially our new friend Tony Wu who I believe will hopefully be part of our rotation moving.
Speaker 3: And look, if you miss especially if we get a proclamation, put that right next are Serrino's proclamation, and now we got two proclamations, and that's something I'd be quite proud of. That being said, if you missed out on the big show yesterday in West Covina, as far as going in person and taking a picture with Matt Santa Claus Smith, you don't have to wait long. We'll be out twice at BJ's restaurant in brew House in the month of January. So yes, it's the end of the year, but no, you won't have to wait long to see us again.
Speaker 5: And I believe well, at least we'll see whether or not it comes to fruition. But Miss January said she was going to try to find a new venue for us to visit with one of our two stops in Careful what you wish for? Yes, she said, I think we're going to have a new one lined up. So oh wow, very exciting.
Speaker 3: That is exciting Matt, even more exciting. The Final Hour Fun Fact it always is fun and effect. It's yeah, We're three fun fact. The Final Hour Fun Fact is brought to you by our friends at Concordia University in Irvine's Masters in Coaching. Did you know that Tim Kats has done almost ninety Masters in Coaching podcasts? Wow? And you can get those on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone. Visit CUI dot edu slash Coaching.
Speaker 5: Your Final Hour Fun Fact P is a furthering of a prior Final Hour Fun Fact. We talked about Robert L. May, who worked for Montgomery Wards, who wrote the story Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
Speaker 3: Yes, rut Off the Red Nose.
Speaker 5: His brother in law wrote the song recorded by Gene Autry about a decade later, Rudolph the Red Nose reindeer. It was all for commerce, for a coloring book that was given away to customers after purchase. But while he was coming up with the initial concept for Montgomery Wards, he did not settle on the name Rudolph. Originally, he wanted to title it The Friendly Little Reindeer Rollo or the Friendly Little Reindeer Reginald. Why because his original story of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer was rejected because in the nineteen thirties, anything that had a red nose, yeah, was considered to be the sign of a drunkard. And so they said, you can't have a red nosed reindeer because people are just gonna think it's drunk. Wow, that doesn't work if you all lit up, right. But then I think eventually they acquiesced him, like, ah, whatever, it's better than the Friendly Little Reindeer Rulloh, let's go with Rudolph.
Speaker 3: Oh. I thought they would think if he had a red nose, he would be a COMI.
Speaker 5: Oh, maybe a little before that, right, I think it was the nineteenth thirty.
Speaker 3: I mean, you could be read in the thirties. Man, don't tell me the comedies that were doing their thing. Brother, it causant trouble. It's time for quick hits. Everybody, quick hits.
Speaker 2: I'll make it quick, y'all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, The Angels this morning agreed Friday to a last minute's settlement with the family of deceased pitcher Tyler Skaggs. This has been a big story, but kind of a bummer story and very embarrassing for the Angels. The jury deliberated for more than two days and queries suggesting the verdict might go in the family's favor. The settlement came after thirty one days of trial testimony, and as jurors signaled they believe the Angels or at least some responsibility for the pitcher's accidental death. The amount and terms of the settlement and the agreement spared both sides the uncertainty of an all or nothing jury verdict. The Skag's family has been seeking one hundred and eighteen million in potential loss earnings plus added damages, so they're gonna get a lot of money.
Speaker 6: I don't know how much, Probably close to that.
Speaker 3: We'll see, yeah, usually.
Speaker 5: How it goes, But like you said, just terrible story. Obviously, we've been covering it for a number of years now, and this hopefully puts some closure on it for the Skaggs family.
Speaker 3: Well, and I hope Bill Shakan's not listening. But the Angels have horrible management.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes they do.
Speaker 3: I heard that on the Dodger station. You shut up, shaken, you fethered?
Speaker 6: I think he didn't.
Speaker 5: He recently write a story taking some shots at Arty. Oh yeah, and management hypocrite, You hypocrite. How about Luca last night forty point triple double, the tenth of his career, forty five points, fourteen assists, eleven rebounds, also had five steals and but one turnover. Lakers now nineteen and seven. They needed all of it, too, Jazz, even though they stink, we're quite frisky. Last night they end up knocking them off one hundred and forty three to one hundred thirty five after buying over one hundred really really high end e bikes for all of the Lakers staff and person high high high end. Yeah, high end, really really high end. And because JJ Reddick drives like a McLaren or something, I think he had to get a shipped to his house by uber Flies or something like that. Here is Luca postgame.
Speaker 7: That one turnover is the best stat wise on this stat shoe. So you know, we had seven turnovers, which is impressive for us, and you know we won the game in the end, that's what matters. But I think we locked in a lot in the second half. We did a great job.
Speaker 8: What was the conversation like a halftime after giving up seventy eight points when the last couple of days all the talk has been about defense.
Speaker 7: I mean kind of like, you know, when they have this player out, what kind of known for doing that? So you know, Jasey told us we got to go back to see what was on the scouting first three words. So that's what we did. It was intensive defense. I think this score what until it was like five minutes to go, this score for forty points in eighteen minutes. Then we I don't know what did, but I think our second half was very good.
Speaker 3: I wish my legs were long enough to reach the e bike you gave me. The Lakers and Clippers high end. It's a high end, high end the Lakers and Clippers not a high end matchups. They will square off tomorrow night at the End to It Dome seven thirty. Tip off right here on five seventy LA Sports. The Chargers are ten and four. They're in Dallas on Sunday to take on the Cowboys. Matt will be there. The Cowboys are still alive for a playoff spot, but they have to win out and get help. Here is Jerry Jones on the fan in Dallas this week talking about the very disappointing seats.
Speaker 9: Generally speaking, I have been very, very pleased with how the offense has played so far this year, and that played to expectations. We've certainly suffered when we've lost continuity in that offensive line. We've benefited from some great play from receivers. We've had great tide in play, and we've had some excellent running back play. On the defense, we've been a Hodgepoe of of the save injury of cause issues having players that weren't at the top of their game are on their way in from recovering from injury. So bottom line, I'd say that we've been pretty off balanced because of the way our defense is presented. The issues regarding our defense, which I didn't expect.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's almost like if you had a really.
Speaker 3: Good pass rusher.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you're scoring thirty per game, you know, second most in the league. That maybe get a guy ony that has some yeah, you know that would probably need a double team on every snap. You would assume that might help that defense out. They will, uh, they very well could be officially eliminated from the playoffs by the time that game kicks, because Philly and Washington are playing tomorrow. It's a double header in the NFL Philly Washington followed by Green Bay Chicago. So Philadelphia wins, then they will in fact be eliminated from the postseason by the time that one kicks.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope there's another interview with Jerry on the fan before that.
Speaker 5: Well, those guys got to know, you know, don't look a gift horse in the mouth because he didn't have to come on. He comes on and that gives you guys ratings.
Speaker 3: Well, you might be right about that playoffs stuff, Matt, but you were wrong about Pooka Nakua.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 3: You said he was going to get fined a million dollars, so his whole salary, but he got fined twenty five thousand for his comments about officiating. Sources say Nikua had compared officials to lawyers and said they make calls to be on TV. The rest of the worst because there's just some of the rules aren't then, like, these guys want to be these guys are lawyers, and really they want to be on TV too, brother, Like, you don't think he's texting his friends in the group chat, Like, Yo, you guys just saw me Sunday night football like that. That wasn't p I like, but I called it. Seriously, these guys are noble human beings too, Bro, they do.
Speaker 9: I don't care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as we discussed a little earlier, he was very remorseful about those comments, as it took him all of literally two minutes, literally only two minutes after the game ended, to grab his phone and tweet something disparaging about the referee.
Speaker 3: It's been a crazy week for the nikouas. Yes, Miles Jack jumped out a window or something. Ucla star friend of the show, eight year NFL stand out, arrested in Texas on a felony gun charge and after a standoff with the police, he broke a second story window of his house and jumped down to the ground. A non life threatening injuries from the fall. Arrested and booked in Denton County Jail. And we'll see what happens, poor guy. Yeah, I hope, we hope he's okay. Seems like he's not. The college football playoffs are underway.
Speaker 5: Alabama, even televised. You don't even need to you can't. You can't find it. It's our understanding.
Speaker 3: There will be some games tomorrow if you're interested there. According to On three Sports, Arch Manning is going to take a pay cut in nil for the twenty twenty sixth season because, as Matt says, he's a he could be used.
Speaker 6: His money pani approach.
Speaker 3: I guess for yeah, his money could be used in transfer, portal talent, or as part of retention efforts.
Speaker 6: Hey, Arch, appreciate the money. What we did was we went out, we got this guy, brass Underwood. Well all the money you live, so we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna bring off the field on every third down.
Speaker 6: We really appreciate you taking care of us, Lady, Matt.
Speaker 3: Tonight on Netflix, there's a big fight, the big Netflix fight, and maybe Jackson Dart's girlfriend is gonna be the ring card girl.
Speaker 5: Oh right, yeah, that's she is the ring girl for Netflix. Mister Joshua will be in there, Olympic gold medalist, former heavyweight champion. He will be fighting YouTuber social media superstar Jake Paul. What are the the fighter is in Miami? Paul is seven and one, is a seven to one underdog, But I guess he's taken in a lot of money on him to win. I do think they ended up making a bunch of money. I think they ended up losing. I should say a bunch of money on the Tyson fight. A lot of people were loading up on Tyson to knock him out and he ended up getting that one. So they say, if Jake Paul upsets Joshua tonight, it would be about one hundred million dollar loss for the sports book and by boxing has always been on the up and up, so very hard to envision something like that happening.
Speaker 3: As honest as the day is long, Nothing's gonna happen to him.
Speaker 6: No, not with mister Joshua out there.
Speaker 3: We'll be back to sir with love, the Petroson Money Show on AMI seventy l A Sports, You're Home of the Dodgers. We're going till seven to night to night.
Speaker 2: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer.
Speaker 1: Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple Car Play or Android Auto road Trip all summer with LA Sports.
Speaker 5: Home the back to back World Series champion Dodgers. Hit the follow button on our iHeartRadio app get the latest notifications for everything that's happening around name five to seventy LA Sports, including Dodger Talk with Dave. He will not be on tonight, and this weekend we got a lot of play by play, No Dodger Talk, no play by play tonight but tomorrow and Eagles Commander's Contest at one thirty, followed by Clippers v. Lakers The used to be called Tunnel Series that of course, is no longer that, as the Clippers play at the end tu At Dome in Inglewood with their six wins.
Speaker 3: The Clippers aren't doing well. Don McClain is detached, the leading score in the history of the Pac Twell. His statue stands tall and beautiful Lemon Park in his hometown of Seam Valley, decorated NBA player working now for FS one, the Big ten network. CAA Athletics. The next ass he kisses will be the first a hero to the show on your Southern California Toyota Dealers Celebrity Hotline. I don't know if we'll talk to him next week. It depends on the schedule. It is the one and only Don McClain. What's cracking down?
Speaker 2: How are you? I'm good?
Speaker 8: Just heading to Paul Pavilion, hoping that tonight's UCLA Cal Paul Men's game doesn't mirror the UCLA Women Cal Poly Women game of earlier in the week where the Lady Bruins won by eighty seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Wow, I mean you'd have a story there too, though, Donna. I mean, you know, if the score is by eighty seven, I mean there's a lot to talk about there. I mean, forty is one thing, but you know, eighty seven, that's a pretty big number. But I want to ask you. I know you have some holiday habits, but there was a rumor the other day that you finally met David Vasse, famous Dodger reporter at Finney's in Westlake, and what transpired in that meeting? Did that meeting occur?
Speaker 8: You misspoke, p I have a lot of holiday bad habits to start. We did meet at Phinney's and it was great, David. You know, I think because I've lived there a lot longer than Dave. I'm still a fan of Phinney's, but he's still in real fandom of Phinny's.
Speaker 3: Oh he's still in all of Phinney's.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, like you would have thought we were in a Michelin five star restaurant.
Speaker 6: It's like that.
Speaker 8: But now we had a good time. And the interesting part about Phinney's this time of year. As friends of ours, we've known for a long time own a women's clothing boutique that's right next door, and Trish the owner, and Brook my wife or friends and have been for a long time. But the interesting part about it is because I go in there, she has the best store in town this time of year. Why because all these guys that go to Finny's, whether it's during the week or on the weekend, need to go Christmas shopping right after, and so they go in there three four or five beers deep. And Tricia's told me that they spend way more after stopping at Finney's than they do if they just come in before the finnies.
Speaker 3: What's the name of the plan on Trish the dish now it's called sugar.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I'll give you some sugar love.
Speaker 8: It's actually pretty well. She actually now, she actually sponsors a night now where she bypasses Benny's and brings in the beers herself.
Speaker 5: Smart, have a beer, spend all your money, you know what, white shop. You sit here and drink the beer. The wife picks everything out, and you just flip the card here at the end and everybody wins.
Speaker 3: The one and only Don McLain, our bff on the Petrosen Money Show calling the UCLA game tonight, Don, the Clippers are so bad that that that that's become a story just how bad they are. And I mean they got James Harden running around out there, They have Kawhi Leonard, they have a vizza, some Potts who's a great young center. How could they be this bad?
Speaker 8: I have no idea, to be honest with you, And if if I didn't know what everyone knows, I would accuse them of starting to tank. But guess what, they don't have their first rounder next year, so they can't.
Speaker 2: It can't be that.
Speaker 8: So I don't know. Internally, there's god be something going on. The culture's not right because they have a good enough roster to not only be way better than they are, but you know, being the top, I mean, I would have thought, all things being equal, top six in the West at this point minimum, and it's just been a complete collapse. So obviously whatever's going on in that locker room, in that locker room with the coaching staff or whatever just isn't right, because for them to be six and whatever they are is almost comical with the roster that they.
Speaker 5: Have six and twenty one and their schedule does not ease up. Lakers tomorrow, you'll hear that right here, followed by Houston. They get Detroit, Boston, Golden State, the Knicks all through the first week of January. Now they do have a little Utah, Sacramento, Portland in there as well, but I don't think they'd be favored to win those games that I put all that out there. Don what they can't keep this team. I've got to believe, like you said, it's an unprotected first that's going to go to Oklahoma City that right now is trending toward being one of the top three picks. Ye, I've got to believe they've got to trade some of these guys to get some first round picks or to just reset this whole thing without having any assets to show for the Paul George trade.
Speaker 8: Okay, so who wants to Nobody's taken on Kawhi's contract, with his track record of playing and not playing and being hurt and all that. Harden maybe, but he's been on a lot of different teams and has finally kind of found his place with the Clippers. I think the most credable player on the Clippers is Zubots. But now he's a young guy of building a foundational piece. Are you really going to get rid of that guy to try and get some draft picks that might not be as good as he is? So I just don't know, John Collins, I don't know who teams would want, contending teams would want, you know that they would trade first for. I don't think there is anybody other than Zubats, to be honest, geez. And if I'm the Clip, yeah he's the Zubats is the last guy I want to trade on that team.
Speaker 3: Well, Don McClain is a great man of the barbecue. Chet Briquette takes calls sometimes on the show and things of that nature. Before we get to the Lakers. If we do get to the Lakers. Uh what real.
Speaker 8: Bad news and you just mentioned it. It's supposed to rain on Christmas.
Speaker 3: What do you usually do? Barbecue of prim arm or something?
Speaker 8: Yes, I do.
Speaker 6: Well, that's not good.
Speaker 5: We got to get a pop up.
Speaker 3: Get a slicker like a like one of those fishermen in Maine, get.
Speaker 8: Out that have done that before. The problem is is getting the barbecue lit number one, But I guess the pop ups. The only solution.
Speaker 5: Pop up done. Go to sugar and get a parasol. That'll work.
Speaker 8: I'm not worried about me. I'm just worried about executing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the Yeah. Anyways, that's a real true.
Speaker 5: That's a that's a real because look, you put a pop up there and maybe the smoke gets trapped, and now you know we got some inhalation issues.
Speaker 6: Don't want that.
Speaker 8: Here's about a little inhalation. Can deal with that.
Speaker 3: We have no problem with that around here.
Speaker 6: Industrial fan, you know, blow the smoke out.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, industrial fan up got a sticker forgot don You played with Alan Iverson who was a big superstar like Luka Doncic. Did he ever buy you guys a bunch of bicycles or or or or vespas or anything.
Speaker 8: No, no, he didn't, but I loved a and uh. He was generous though, like when we went out and stuff. He'd pick up the tab a lot of times, but never bought us anything. But there was nothing really worth celebrating. We were terrible. I played with him his rookie year. We won twenty games, fair enough. There wasn't like, you know, we deserved a role axe or something for the twentieth win of the season out of eighty two.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: I hope nobody gets hurt on the Laker e bikes like Johnny Guzang did on that scooter.
Speaker 5: Im X iron Man. I'd be kind of cool, you know, that would be Don, We appreciate it. Merry Christmas to you and the family. Hopefully you can get the barbecue situation figured out because it's just not Christmas at the McLean's if don aink.
Speaker 8: Hewing so damn right. Yeah, Merry Christmas to you guys. Maybe we catch up next week. We have a weird not weird, but a different UCLA one o'clock tip on Tuesday, nice, which is kind of different.
Speaker 5: Head to get your post game big taking it. Don McLean still have one more segment to go, You're Dead and a live Guy Birthday of the Day, and then we'll turn it over to Fox Sports Radio. All that play by play though coming up this weekend, and a little bit more petros and money and only two shows next week Monday and Tuesday before we disappear for Christmas. So stick around one more segment to go before we bid you farewell for the weekend.
Speaker 2: Hello, PMS listener.
Speaker 1: Did you know Am five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA Sports podcasts.
Speaker 2: There's Rogan and Rodney, That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk.
Speaker 1: With David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of record, Clipper Talk Without a Musk, follow us all and many more. Just go to Am five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening, everybody, a great four hours of great sports talk. A big thank you to Tim Kats our tireless executive producer, slogging through one of the worst Raider seasons of all timee and Ronnie Fossio. But now it's time with the Dead Guy. Birthday of the Day.
Speaker 5: Happy would have been eighty third to Eugene Arthur Oakerland born in Brooking, South Dakota, stunt athlete, football, baseball, basketball track, went to Nebraska. Quickly realized that ain't happening here, so he got into radio Koil Coyle in Omaha is where it started. He was spinning wax and hitting stacks rock and roll Djacks on stacks took his talents to w dgy doggy style, I believe was what they call it up there right hit the man, Gene Leader. He was a front man for a band that was signed and put out a record. Gene Carrol and the Shades put out a record titled in This Corner, had a little bit of a local hit. The American Wrestling Association came and got him in nineteen seventy. He was a ring announcer and while ring announcing, Jesse the Body took to him, gave him his nickname Mean Gene, and he kind of became a host as they were starting to do some television production. When the AWA went upside down in eighty three, a lot of those folks migrated over to the World Wrestling Federation the WWF, and of course they immediately recognized the talent and made him the face of All American Wrestling, which was their lead show on television. And their lead interviewer. He was married to his wife Jean. They have two sons. His son, Todd, was a star hockey player at the University of Minnesota. Was on the US Olympic team in eighty eight before playing for the New York Islanders for a little while. He sadly died after a fall complications following a fall in twenty nineteen when he was seventy six. He is in the Wrestling Hall of Fame. Let's get a couple clips to celebrate the life and career of Mean Jean Oakland.
Speaker 2: So man ready, Savage, Sarah Silta, Florida.
Speaker 3: Come on in.
Speaker 6: You're going to be defended against the Dragon Ricky Steam.
Speaker 2: But what's the cup for it?
Speaker 4: Somnia three, Pontiac, Michigan year, ninety thousand plus people watching right there, And this is Ricky the Dragon's team boats. Cup of coffee in the big time. Yeah, cup of coffee in the big time. Because he'll never get closer than now. I am the Intercuttental Heavyweight Champion, and I will remain the inter cunning Ol Heavyweight Champion. And Georgia Animal Steal on the outside will be no factory.
Speaker 9: Yeah you say no?
Speaker 6: Factor. Obviously, he is a factory. You wouldn't even brought it up.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, mister Sarkas, I don't hear if you got twenty three wrestlers around the outside, and it doesn't even matter, no, because I am ready and I will not let this opportunity slip through my fingers. Cup of coffee, man, Yeah, ma'am wow, man break down.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And of course he would always bring the best out of Randy to macho man Savage. And a lot of that had to do with his flirtatious nature, with the incredibly beautiful feather haired Oh miss listen, Mania too is history, and this man is still They enter caught it out, old champion.
Speaker 6: He's from Sarah souta Flord. What's with the broom? Wait a minute, what is.
Speaker 10: The professional wrestling? Completely clean?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah, doing the thing like nobody ever does before. Yeah, it's been a world in the Boston garden. And I think that you believe that, even though you're head hunting, that you can't beat the muslay Randy Savage and you know who Colgan.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he wants to keep an eye on me. Don't look behind you, hoo, Cogan, No, don't look in front don't look to the side, look straight up because I'm right on top of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, Elizabeth, my dear, how are you? You look gorgeous as usual?
Speaker 9: Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Well, you're more than welcome. How are things going for you?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Great?
Speaker 10: Everything super. When you get into New.
Speaker 6: York City you have an opportunity to do a little shopping.
Speaker 7: Oh yes, I really enjoy that.
Speaker 10: Believable. Excuse me, just let me interpet this first second.
Speaker 4: I'm just standing here holding a gold belt, the inner kind of heavyweight championship.
Speaker 10: Bill. I'm only the champion. You guys got a conversation going you're.
Speaker 4: Talking about It's like it's like the most important man in the world standing here and you've got a.
Speaker 10: Conversation going with each other. No, explain you put that thing down.
Speaker 2: Don't degree the champion at any time.
Speaker 4: It's ridiculous to understand that. Tell Tito saying Tana that and Elizabeth, I think I need to tell you something right now. You don't understand you right now?
Speaker 10: Do you know who you're with?
Speaker 6: Thank you very much?
Speaker 2: Goodbye?
Speaker 3: What's the best?
Speaker 6: God?
Speaker 5: Love you mean, Gene Oklan, the best mate, Me and Jean, you know, the kids just don't know.
Speaker 6: They don't know.
Speaker 3: You're not the gob You're not the gobbly gooker. You didn't play the gobbledy good.
Speaker 5: I didn't you got the gobbled booker out there a few years ago. I had not seen that one where he slapped the mic out of his hand.
Speaker 3: That was new to me. I have not heard that one. Sounded like Jim Whacker right there. All right, man, it's time beating out my father, John Papadakis, who's seventy and uh, back to his singing ways after some health problems, feeding a little better, so we but we will do instead uh and also beating out one of my favorite dance hall reggae performers from the last ten years, Alkaline. Uh. But instead of that, we're going to do another Jamaican performer with Jamaican News. It's Jamaica News. Today we'll celebrate Anthony red Roads, also known as his real name Anthony Cameron Anthony red Rose from Waterhouse, Kingston, Jamaica, matt which is a vibrant place from music, especially dancehall music. He's best known for his massive hit Tempo in nineteen eighty eighty five, produced by King Tubby, and that track was a defining track. It was the big track of the tempo rhythm which dominated reggae for a long time. It was the answer to King Jammy's slang tang rhythm which everybody's heard. Actually, the slang tang rhythm is what Sublime used for the Kuresmi Down song. It was from a cassio. So this guy, King Tubby, got a different cassio and an Oberheim drum machine, a CZ one hundred in cassio and an Oberheim drum machine and created the tempo rhythm nice and they called it the tempo rhythm, but it was misheard. Red Rose said while he was in the studio recording it, this sound in a tempo like t E M P E R, And they thought he said tempo, and they launched the tempo rhythm. And he worked a lot for King Tubby's Firehouse Crew had a lot of pretty big hits in the eighties and the nineties because he was a tough DJ chatter. He was one of the eighties dancehall staple types. But he started out as a lover's rock singer Matt but his raspy delivery did stand out once he started doing the DJ style, not lots of gun lyrics for Anthony Red Rose, no real day anshall beefs, although he and his partner Roundhead poked a little fun at the Ninja Man once and him and King Kong, a singer called out Nicodemus and super Cat also in the eighties. Mans Nicodemus not to be confused with Chakademas No No Pliers is a singer. Pinchers is a DJ. No real trouble Matt with the Law only briefly detained in the Miami Airport on a mistaken identity thing in night in two thousand and two. But a tip of the cap to kind of one of the more seminal artists from inside the ghetto that never really made it out of the ghetto. Anthony Red Rose, Thanks for listening everybody. The Petros and Money Show done for the week. We got a couple of shows next week. We'll start a two on Monday before Monday Night Football and we got a ton of football and Clippers Lakers over the weekend. NFL football something to listen to on Ham five cent. Enjoy your evening, be safe, Merry Christmas. Everybody will be back on Monday.
Speaker 2: And tune check gother is crunchy Good.
Speaker 3: Say good night to be us.
Speaker 6: Check out this Crunchy.
Speaker 2: The Pet Shows and Money Show. We'll be back on tomorrow, HI, unless it's Fridaday.
Speaker 3: Check other crunchy Good