Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth. This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Here we go again, We get right running.
Speaker 4: Back, hosted by Dodgers insider David Bassett.
Speaker 1: Are three in the mix.
Speaker 4: Dodger Talk is brought to you by La County Public Works Champions recycled beverage Containers, make the play Recycle Today, and by Children's Hospital LA from Colds to Cancer. We got things to get in on the show called eight six six, not eighty seven two five seven, and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get your podcasts. And now your host, here's Tim Kakes.
Speaker 2: You know, in school, when you're a senior, whether it's high school or college, you see the finish line, you see the end, and you get senior items. You have a tendency to just all right, all right, I see the finish line. Let's just get there as fast as we can. And well kind of feels like the Dodgers have all star itis. The last couple of days is tonight. For the second straight night, they give up nine runs to the Arizona Diamondbacks on their way to a nine too defeat to the Snakes, as they have been outscored eighteen to five in the last two nights to an Arizona Diamondbacks team that is fighting for a wild card spot. I'm not even gonna say they're pushing the Dodgers in the division, because nobody is. With the Dodgers up twelve and a half games in the NL West, thirteen and a half games up on the San Diego Padres, the Dodgers are running away with the division and they're gonna get right in the second half of the season. But these final days before the All Star Break kind of feel like senior itis for the Dodgers as they get ready to go their separate ways and enjoy a couple of days off. You got a contingent of Dodger players and coaches going to Philadelphia for the All Star Game, including Justin Robleski, yes, who was named as part of the National League pitching staff today.
Speaker 3: More on that coming up in just a couple of minutes.
Speaker 2: But it kind of feels like the Dodgers just playing their way through these last couple of games, almost like spring training games, at the end of the exhibition season and before the start of the regular season. Out they're going out and they're having quality at bats, there's no doubt about it. And the guys are going out and trying to get guys out. I don't doubt that. But the level of play, the level intensity is clearly different than it has been previous three and a half months of this season. And this All Star break, this and break in general, couldn't come at a better time than it is coming up in this next couple of days for this Dodgers team. Bill Plunkett as to a couple of times to tay Oscar David vas say, let it off talking to tay Oscar about this team and what has gone on the last five games. And you know they're not gonna say it, but it kind of just feels like it. And our eyes and ears don't don't deceive us. This is a different looking Dodgers team the last couple days. Defensively, another air tonight, that's now seven airs in the last four games, struggling to push across runs. I mean, the Dodgers had a chance in the six to get back into the game. You know, a couple of hard hit balls don't go their way and an RBI single from Pajes and Mookie Betts RBI single. They put two runs up in the six, But you come back in a six to two game and you got three innings to play with, and all of a sudden, it's a seven to two game after the seventh, and in two more home runs in the eighth from the Diamondbacks, and all of a sudden, it's a nine to two game that you're having to play into in the final couple of innings. It's it's hard to play catch up constantly when you're playing from behind, like the Dodgers have the last couple of nights, and with the lead they have in the division, Hey, it's just human nature. You're running away with the division. You've dominated virtually everybody you've played in series this year. In fact, the Dodgers tomorrow Needa wins so they avoid their first time getting swept in a three game series. And with that being said, it's the team that has played really good and has shown why they are the best team in baseball and will be looking to get that three peat this year come October. But right here, right now, the final couple of.
Speaker 3: Days before the All Star break. You know, it just kind of feels like All Star itis. Eight six six, nine, eight seven two, five seventy is the number again.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers fall to the Diamondbacks by a final of nine to two, and another day in which the Dodgers defense didn't have a clean game.
Speaker 3: Dodger pitchers got touched up a little bit.
Speaker 2: And it's not just you know, giving up a home run here or a base hit there, and you know, tip your cap to the other team. You can't walk guys. That was an issue last night, the free passes. Yamamoto had four walks, albeit one of them was an intentional walk. I understand that, but then two more walks given up by Land and nak He had six walks in the game tonight by Dodgers pitchers Yamamoto and Knack. That's just, you know, nine runs, nine hits, six walks. You know, it's it's not a good recipe when you're doing that and constantly pitching out of the stretch.
Speaker 3: And then that sixth inning, you know, it was.
Speaker 2: A leadoff walk on four pitches and then two batters later morenos Is singling, and you kind of felt like all right, what's gonna happen here? Fly ball out? You had two to one, two out? Can Yamamoto get out of it?
Speaker 3: And he couldn't. He just couldn't. Tim Tawa the.
Speaker 2: RBI double made it a three to nothing game, and then James mccannon with the huge three run home run off of Yamamoto. It turned out to be a thirty one pitch inning for Yamamoto, whose pitchcount was already high by the way throughout the first five innings. He'd only get up the one run and was keeping the Dodgers in the game, and him and Fought were going back and forth in a great pitchers duel, but that pitch count was getting kind of high. Meanwhile, Fought had what forty nine pitches going into the fifth inning. He was very efficient, including a five pitch first inning against the top three Dodger hitters in this lineup. So you hope you can get through tomorrow with the win if you're the Dodgers. And then let's get to the All Star break. Let's get off our feet, let's get some rest, let's decompress here for a few days. The Dodger All Stars will go to Philadelphia and be certainly welcome there and get a lot of attention over a couple of days there Citizens Bank Park on Monday with all the festivities, including the home run derby, which is on Netflix.
Speaker 3: By the way, how about that interesting? It's gonna be on Netflix.
Speaker 2: And then you got the All Star Game on Fox on Tuesday night before a couple of days off, and the Dodgers will start the second half of the season in New York on Friday against the Yankees. And it's a tough stretch to start off the second half. They're gonna be on the East Coast for a while. Yankees Phillies Mets the first three series for the Dodgers after the All Star break eight six, six, nine, seven, five seventy Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Medello Modello the mark of a fighter Ken in Newport Beach. Why not start us off on this Saturday night? You got All Star itis, Ken.
Speaker 5: I may have first.
Speaker 6: I want to start with a positive's a congratulations a Dino uh and uh you know his sons two sons now the country after that's really cool, Just a couple of little points that maybe some people left out. Let's start with something simple, like.
Speaker 5: Loft it. I can't believe I lost everything. Why oh four for forties and take me back, that's a batting average of one hundred. Munsey's three for eighteen that's one sixty six, Freelan two for fifteen that's one thirty thugeand and last five games had nine errors, nine errors thirty five big left on base had a two fourteen batting average. The problem is that Sheenan is the highest era starting pitcher at four ninety one, and like you mentioned, they then go into the Yankees, Philadelphia and the Mets, so maybe not the best time to kind of at least, you know, be off as far as they are. But I'm gonna give that, you know, all star itis that you brought up as a reason sitting has been really bad and the air has been really bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's and that's not characteristic of a Dave Roberts team the last twelve thirteen years. Here defense getting away from them. I mean you mentioned that the airs that are piling up over the last five games, another one tonight for Max Munsey, the only one of the game. But still the defense is something they've always been able to hang their hat on. Really good pitching, and you know the slug which they've been known for. Ken, I appreciate the phone call. We'll talk to you soon and thanks for checking in tonight eight six, six, nine eighty seven two five seventy. It's just a different looking Dodgers team and it's almost like they've kind of hit the cruise control here the final couple of days and tonight nine more runs given up. Last night, nine runs given up in a bullpen game. They've been outscored eighteen to five against the Arizona Diamond the last two nights and tomorrow Image Sheen on the mound, and I don't want to call it a must win game for Image Shean, but he needs to turn a corner here. And his last start against the Padres, he did pick up the victory, so that is.
Speaker 3: Good, but that was his first win in almost two months.
Speaker 2: He has got to go in the break with some confidence and with some zeros up on the scoreboard, and that to me is something I'm gonna be looking out tomorrow and any we win or lose, imit Shean going into the break with a positive result for the second half of the season starting And I say that because knocking on the door to coming back er a couple of Dodgers starters. Now one's knocking a little bit harder than the other one. Tyler Glass now is throwing fastballs in bullpen sessions and that's it. So he's, you know, not really knocking too hard on the door to come back, but he is knocking Blake Snell through today a couple of updowns and his SIM game and if he checks out healthy, which he appears he's going to be. He talked to David Vassa on Dodgers on Deck and he sounded like he was chomping at the bit to get back. He is really really looking forward to get back out on the mound. It looks like he's gonna go on a minor league rehab assignment and as soon as next weekend, and it's gonna be about four or five starts for Blake Snell, So you're looking at about a month until he comes back. Now, next week's the All Star breaks, so three weeks after that. So for immit, sheian got to start collecting some starts here that show that you belong in this rotation when Blake Snell comes back, and when even further down the road, Tyler Glass now eventually gets healthy because you're gonna have Eric lower in this rotation mix. And quite frankly, he's pitched better than Imma Sheen has over the last month. And you look at Rookie Sasaki's up down starts. I mean, one start it's really good, and then a couple of starts it's just not.
Speaker 3: And he needs to get better and more consistent.
Speaker 2: So when you're gonna get two starters back to help out this rotation, that means the level of everybody else's play has got to be elevator. Else you're gonna find yourself not in this Dodgers rotation anymore. When everybody's healthy and good to go. Eight six six ninety seven two five seventy is our telephone number again tomorrow with the final game before the All Star break, mentioned to Tyler glassan out throwing fastballs in a bullpen session.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 2: Blake Snell through two innings of a sim game today faced live hitters, and.
Speaker 3: Next up a minor league rehab assignment next.
Speaker 2: Weekend, where that'll be at we'll find out together, but also bigger than that. Edwin Diaz, Dodger closer in his first rehab appearance tonight out in Ontario for the Tower Buzzers. His first pitch of the game ninety six mile an hour fastball. Then he was touched ninety eight miles an hour. He went one inning, struck out, two, allowed a hit, but then a caught stealing into the inning. He threw eleven pitches. All right, Sorry, first outing guy's coming off elbow surgery, had those loose bodies removed like Trek Skouoble. He's a couple weeks ahead of Blake Snell, who had the same procedure done to his elbow. Fastball average around ninety six one inning, eleven pitches, one hit.
Speaker 3: Two strikeouts.
Speaker 2: You check a box if you're Edwin Diaz, and the next time out you're looking to do the same. He's not looking to build up. He's not looking to get to seventy five pitches. He's looking to pitch maybe in consecutive days. He's looking to pitch two out of three every three days as a closer for the Dodgers. So he looks like he's getting really close to returning, and I gotta believe it's gonna be after the All Star break at some point, maybe on the road trip. Maybe they bring him back for the first homestand after the All Star break, but he is certainly getting close. And that's gonna be a much new arm to this Dodgers' bullpen. And again it's going to cause a roster spot and all these spots that have been taken by guys, and you know, some of these pitchers have done really good jobs and have earned spots on this team. You know what, not enough chairs at the at the dance and the game of musical chairs here. When these guys start getting healthy, and that's when it turns into performance. And how long is the leash gonna be for a Sasaki? How long is the least gonna be for an Emmitt Shean? If they continue to have up and down performances in this starting rotation eight six, six, nine, eighty seven two five seven, we'll take a time out. We'll come back. We'll get to more of your phone calls. We'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts as well as the Dodgers fall to the Diamondbacks tonight wasn't pretty. A five run sixth inning give it up by Yoshi Noble Yamamoto landing net comes in, gives up three runs in three innings of work, including back to back home runs to Aeronatola McCann in the eighth. As the Dodgers get thumped by the Diamondbacks nine to two, Dodger Talk continues. You're on an five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 4: M AM five to seventy LA Sports. Be anywhere at any time and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talk.
Speaker 1: Things.
Speaker 4: Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: We're streaming online. We stream every game too. Come find them.
Speaker 4: Back to Dodger Talk on AM five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 2: Dodger Talk continues on this Saturday nights as the Dodgers fall to the Arizona Diamondbacks for a second straight night.
Speaker 3: Nine to two is the final.
Speaker 2: They got thumped by the Diamondbacks last night nine to three in a bullpen game. Tonight's more of the same. Three more home runs for the Arizona Diamondbacks, two of which came from James McCann. Tim Tawa, who had eight RBIs coming into the series against the Dodgers, had another RBI double and an RBI ground out. He's got what now six RBIs In the last two nights, he has brought his average from blow one blow two hundred to now almost over two twenty on this season. In two games, he is feasting off the Dodgers and patting his stats against Dodger pitching. Brandon Fok gets the win. He's now three and one. Yoshinobu Yamamoto gets the loss. He falls to nine and six. As the Dodgers lead in the NL West. Uh oh, don't look now, it's twelve and a half games over the Diamondbacks in the NL West, thirteen and a half games over the Padres in the division. Daniels Jewelers presents the home Run Forecast for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniel Jeliers gift card. Just visit a five seventy LA sports dot Com. Use the keyword home run into your name and you could win. Daniels Jewelers own the dream. Let's go back out to the phones. Thank you for waiting patiently. Ralph look good and Miguel is waiting no more. Ralph, are you doing tonight?
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, thanks for taking my call. I want to go down a list of things. Please bear with me. David Vessey said that Lawa can be traded, you know, as trade bait.
Speaker 5: No way.
Speaker 7: Shean and Sazaki are not major league starting pitchers, definitely not. Glassnows out three months with backspasms. Usually three weeks with back spasms, not three months. Gavin Stone, he had surgery. He was out a year and a half. I think he pitched one inning or two innings in spring training. He's down four months. The Milwaukee Brewers are a better team than the Dodgers. The Dodgers need to win the buy three rounds of the playoffs, not the division, in the Western Division. It's to buy against the Brewers. They didn't get to buy last year. They didn't have to buy. They didn't have the best record against Toronto in the World Series. I know they went back to back World championships, but the Dodgers are not a better team than the Ruis. And I can see the Dodges choking down the stretch. August is September. I don't care who's on the team. You know, with this pitching staff, the relief pitches are like they give up runs every time they're in the game. Climb Stewart, you know, you know, even Scott can melt down. Sazaki can't be in the bullpen. He'll vaporize the league in a jiffy. So I know, I want to know what your thoughts are. What about Gavin Stone? Why is he down four months and the only pitched one time is free training after being out of a year and a half. What about the Dodge and medical store.
Speaker 3: He's clearly hurt.
Speaker 2: It's not the medical staff. I appreciate the phone call, Ralphi. I let you say what you're going to say there. I appreciate the phone call. Gavin Stone two years ago was a guy who carried this Dodgers team. I mean, Gavin Stone was somebody who they relied upon every five days to go out there and throw and be the guy that was twoenty twenty four, but then got hurt right before the playoff run. And remember twenty twenty four is when they use the bullpen the most because of the lack of starting pitching. Gavin Stone is still coming back from his surgically repaired right shoulder, and he's not anywhere close to being better and most likely not going to be a part of this twenty twenty six Dodgers team. Eric Lower could be a great piece to trade, no doubt about it. But the one thing I will agree with you upon is Tyler Glass now in the back spasms, taking a lot longer than a lot of other backspasses to come back from. Blake Snell loves Snell Zilla. I know him and Dave were close, but the reality is he was hurt, came back one outing, got hurt again, had the elbow surgery, and let's hope that clears it all up. But he does have a history of injuries the last few years. When he's healthy, there's no question Blake Snell is really good, there's no argument there. But when he's healthy, and he just hasn't been healthy in this year. He's made one start, So you've got to rely upon Eric Lauer, and you've got to rely upon Justin Robleski. He who gets, by the way, rose to the occasion when asked upon this year to be part of the starting rotation, so much so he's got double digits wins and now go into the All Star Game in Philadelphia on his birthday, by the way, on Tuesday. That's that right there, as a guy taking the opportunity like a Gavin Stone did two years ago, and even more so for Robleski taking an opportunity and running with it. Now, when Blake Snell comes back, assume when he stays healthy, that means somebody in the rotations the odd man out. Is it Lower Sasaki Imagean. If I had to make the decision right now on July eleventh, my decision is either Sasaki or Imagean. Probably Imagean is the odd man out of the rotation. When Blake Snell comes back healthy, well down the road, when Tyler glasnow is healthy, hopefully hopefully again, this is the longest back spasms for a starting pitcher to be out right now, and hopefully he can get back to being healthy and where he was. But it's it's a little concerning when he's been out this long because of that. But okay, let's assume he does come back and he's healthy. That's another spot in the rotation that he gets and somebody's out of a job and has got to go back to the rotation or become a closer at some you know part of the season. Is that Roki Sasaki or Eric Lower. Now, if I had to make the decision right now, Lower Sasaki, I'm gonna go with. Lower is gonna be in the rotation. Still, the guy was really good last year for Toronto, did not have a good start of the season, so much of the Blue Jays lost faith in him and traded him to the Dodgers. He's now and now four quality starts in a row, that six innings of work. He's been the beneficiary of run support, no doubt about that. But he's pitched really well. And in my mind, if you're gonna look at him or Sasaki, I gotta go with Eric Lawer. I feel a little bit more comfortable out there right now, right here on July eleven, Now things could change. Get a little confidence going with him and she and rookiees Saki. Who knows what's gonna happen in a few weeks. Again, Blake Snell's not anywhere close to coming back. It's four to five weeks. Tyler Glassnew is even further behind him. So the Dodgers are gonna need Sasaki and Shehan and lower even past the trade deadline. I mean the trade deadline's August third, is is Blake Snell gonna be back before that?
Speaker 3: That's that's what four weeks So that's kind of right.
Speaker 2: On that timeframe of how many starts he needs before he can come back into this rotation. So there's still a lot of moving parts. It's it's July eleventh. We got one more game before the All Star break.
Speaker 3: So much is gonna change.
Speaker 2: I mean, let's not look at this team right now, in this rotation, right now and say this is it. Lock it in, this is the final answer, this is the roster. They gotta submit pencils down. Test is over.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, things are gonna change.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys are gonna get hurt somebody that we're not even thinking about.
Speaker 3: Something's gonna happen. It's baseball. It happens.
Speaker 2: Who thought Will Smith would be out this long from sleeping on his neck wrong in Arizona a month and a half ago.
Speaker 3: I sure heck didn't.
Speaker 2: Things happen eight six, six, nine eighty seven two five seventy. The good thing is the Dodgers have been so good and are so deep. It's been next man up Dalton Russians did a nice job filling in for him. Tommy Edmonds come back from an injury and played really well.
Speaker 3: They've been able to.
Speaker 2: Get guys off their feet and get days off for a Kyler Tucker Kyle Tucker here or a Mookie Bets there. He had Tuesday off and got off his feet, a day off for Freddy Freeman. I mean, guys are getting opportunities to get off their feet, and that is certainly a good thing. Now, are you concerned about the last couple of days? Five games in a row. The Dodgers just haven't looked right. The last two in particular, have really stuck out to me. I mean, last night's nine runs given up by the Dodgers' bullpen was not normal. It is not something we were accustomed to tonight, a five run sixth inning given up by something we are certainly not used to seeing, because it hasn't happened this year.
Speaker 3: Six runs given up by Yama.
Speaker 2: He's only done that one other time in his career in the big leagues, So we're not used to seeing that, and I don't like seeing it.
Speaker 3: And I don't like what I've.
Speaker 2: Seen the last two nights from this Dodgers team on defense. So hopefully they can get right tomorrow and then you know, decompress, you know, get off their phones, and come back charge ready to go. After the All Star break, let's hear from the manager Dave Roberts after another disappointing nine to two loss to the Arizona Dialbacks tonight, What did you.
Speaker 4: See in that sixth thady from yamamoil?
Speaker 8: Why things trying to go sideways on avenue, you know, trying to recount that inning. Well, I think overall, you know, he wasn't a sharp I think that you know, the four walks or the three walks, and then the one intentional walk. You know, the homer from mc can was. I mean it was a two seamer in off the plate and got beat on it, but strong enough to you know, get out of the ballpark. So very unique. Obviously it changed his line score from a quality start to you know, not a great start. But I think that, yeah, there were some walks in there. There was you know, the bounding ball, there was some first or third situations, the bounding ball, and then the gone first base with two outs, the ball gets stuck in stuck in the left field corner. He scores from first, which is very rare and unique happens. Still had a really really, really good first half. I think just overall it was just I don't know, it's obviously with the hitting, when you don't hit. It seems like it's lackluster, no energy, but it was. It was a clunker. You know, I think that we just haven't played, you know, the last three out of five something like that games. It just hasn't been clean baseball, all right.
Speaker 3: There's a manager. He said it himself.
Speaker 2: It was a clunker tonight, and they just haven't playing the same baseball the last four or five games.
Speaker 3: He's right.
Speaker 2: We talked about it last night. We echoed it again tonight. David Vasey's asked Teoscar Hernandezad. He just asked Dave Roberts that in his press conference. Yeah, this is just a different looking Dodgers team, and you can call it All Star itis. I don't know what it is, but they look different on defense. They don't have that same energy all the way around. And you know what, when you got as big as lee as they have, you can get away with it for a few games. You certainly don't want it to continue. And you'd like to go into the All Star Break on a winning note. And again I mentioned it earlier for Immachian. You'd like to certainly go in with some positive results and some zeros on the scoreboard going into your final start and then the All Star break for the second half of the season.
Speaker 3: Isabelle in Anaheim.
Speaker 2: Isabelle, I read your text last night about the dot When did the Dodgers turn into the Giants? I was very popular. Dodger fans thought that was very funny and it was great to see you yesterday. I had a brewery in Anaheim.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was nice seeing you too. I am frustraded with this team.
Speaker 10: I know it's too lust it's it's ridiculous to no reason. They used to be losing to your Arizona. I don't care you didn't be losing to your Arizona.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I am very trashing they do with the team. This is no excuse him Stali.
Speaker 3: Did you think they got All Star ititis? Isabelle? Did they they got All Star ritis?
Speaker 9: I don't know, but somebody guys can need the Dodger lost room with the Dodger phone and I got to the team my wedding. We live being to Dave right now. It's the team that need to bring it.
Speaker 3: I think they. I think they.
Speaker 2: It was a little good talking to from Isabella and Anah. I think that would be a good thing to get a little MOV motivation from you. So all right, well, we'll talk to you tomorrow after the finale. Hopefully the Dodgers can get back on track and head into the All Star breakofs.
Speaker 3: It's the momentum they basis. They still ups now, Oh no, no, no, you'll be okay.
Speaker 2: It's the guy twelve and a half game lead, Isabelle.
Speaker 3: It's okay, They're gonna win the division.
Speaker 2: It's just it's just the dark days of the All Star break right in front of you. It's staring here right in the face is a Belle. It's right there in front of you, and you can't do anything but not look away from that bright son of Cabo and Hawaii. Whoever these guys are going for.
Speaker 3: The All Star Break.
Speaker 7: No, I know, I know.
Speaker 9: Well, Lestend, well, we'll talk tomorrow tomorrow before the.
Speaker 7: Game the.
Speaker 3: Dodgers loose to the Diamondbacks ninety to two. Again.
Speaker 2: Want to just shout out Dino Ebel and his family congratulations on their son Trey getting drafted today number twenty five overall by the Milwaukee Brewers, one year after his son Brady was drafted in the first round by the Milwaukee Brewers. So how about that his two sons drafted him back to back years in the first round by the Milwaukee Brewers. I know that is certainly something that is very exciting for he and his wife. So congratulations to Dino Ebel and his entire family on having his son Trey drafted by the Milwaukee Brewers.
Speaker 3: And there's a video out on social media. I retweeted it.
Speaker 2: It's out there, you can see it from the Brewers that the moment that Trey got drafted, Brady was playing catch with his minor league team that he's currently playing with and couldn't have been more happy for his brother and facetimed him and very emotional. Very cool to see that with the Evil brothers now playing for the same team the Milwaukee Brewers drafted in back to back a year.
Speaker 3: So that is very exciting, by.
Speaker 2: The way, as cool as today was, and it was for so many young men who were selected in the Major League Baseball Draft. From Rock Schlowski from UCLA drafted number one by the Chicago White Sox. UCLA had four players taken in the first four rounds.
Speaker 3: I mean, that is so great to see a.
Speaker 2: Lot of young kids have their dreams fulfilled getting drafted local kids, high school players, college players, all seeing that happen in their names called by professional baseball team.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine what it's like.
Speaker 2: It is a dream come true, no doubt for all these young men, but for the Commissioner of Baseball Rob Manfred, to be on the podium in Philadelphia and to announce the Chicago White Sox first pick in the draft, number one overall and mispronounces Rockchilowski's name, calls him Rock Chialuski.
Speaker 3: How is this possible? It's not like it was the surprise.
Speaker 2: It's not like it's the fourth round and it's some young man who you've never heard of, who's got a long last name. That's very confusing, and you didn't practice it, nor do you have the fonetic spelling of it. This guy's been talked about for a year. Since last year's draft. He has been the projected number one overall pick out of UCLA. Had a great season for John Savage at UCLA. Has been talked about since December when the White Sox got the number one pick in the draft lottery, that he was going to go to the White Sox.
Speaker 3: How do you mispronounce this guy's name. It's embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Imagine the commissioner of base doing this, and then the other commissioners around football and basketball mispronouncing the number one overall picking their respective sports guarantee, that's not happening. Somehow, Rob Manford messed it up. Thankfully, a lot of people didn't hear it in the Chilowski family as they were too busy celebrating and very emotional and crying there in Chandler, Arizona as they celebrated rock on number one overall to the Chicago White Sox.
Speaker 3: All right, that's gonna do it for Dodge Talk tonight.
Speaker 2: Many thanks to Colin Ee, thanks to all you Dodger fans for being a part of the show. Thanks for podcasting as well. We're back at it tomorrow. Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deck. We'll get it all started at twelve o'clock in the afternoon. First pitch of one to ten em Mitt Sheehan. We'll go for the Dodgers four and six with four ninety one e against twenty three year old left hander Mitch Ratt, who.
Speaker 3: Has been called up from Triple A.
Speaker 2: We'll get to starting place at Zach Gallen, who was going on the injured list, final game before the All Star break, one for game to go before they go their separate ways for a few days and get ready for the second half Bush.
Speaker 3: Because the Dodgers have enough to avoid getting swept. Can they extend their leading into Vision to thirteen and a half games with the'll win tomorrow. We'll find out.
Speaker 2: Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck at noon, first pitch of one ten. Until then, solo, everybody
Speaker 1: Starved