Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: While it's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadacres terrible person, he's the worst.
Speaker 3: And Matt money Smith. The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode. We're with you. Yeah, follow the petros In Money Show.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: I mean to turn over a new leaf and try to grow up and be respectable.
Speaker 2: Dongley yut s Petrosan Money AM five seventy LA Sports live everywhere on the iHeart Radio AP making our way till six thirty. Yes, not a three to seven show, not a two to five show for Monday night football, but inst ed Clippers basketball tonight against the Hornets, the LaMelo Balls Homecoming Hornets. We'll be here for a seven thirty tip. Adam Ausland along with Carlo. We'll be here at six thirty. Carlo with the tip at seven thirty PM. So a three and a half hour show here on your home of the Back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers and the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 4: We're happy to be here on this I'm a Horse Monday, as we gallop into another week in great sports talk. Matt, I'm a'm Matt right back. I'm a horse. I say I'm a horse. Moselle from the beautiful area of New England in Massachusetts.
Speaker 3: Rhode Island, Maine, that whole area.
Speaker 4: Matt went to New England and he faced down the double axes of Mel Gibson and the Patriot.
Speaker 3: And now he is back in some scalp.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your team was scalded little up the top, scalded in the hot, boiling water of ancient warfare. And that is that. The Charger season is over. And there's no doubt that there's a lot of lamentation amongst the Charger faithful and Bolt fam However, Matt is back from New England and we had no obstructions, so there's nothing to cover. There's nothing to discuss as far as obstructions go. I did get some texts that the Chargers lost like this because because of the lack of Yeah, but you know, the Chargers loose fair. They've lost every year and we've done this all the time.
Speaker 2: So well, they did get the one win in Baltimore, the one wild card win.
Speaker 4: And that was obstruction related. That's when you really went above and beyond.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: I'd hit the cat grave and the pouring rain. I was nearly assaulted by a group of homeless drunks. Yeah, in front of.
Speaker 3: But this year crickets, so nothing happened. Matt.
Speaker 2: We thought we were going to Boston and we went to Providence. I was I was told we were going to Well, you.
Speaker 4: Were shipping out to Boston, but you lost your legs and you had stopped. What happened in beautiful Rhode Island. But I'm sure there'll be plenty of talk about the Chargers failings here on the Petrosen Money Show. They end up only playing one more game than the hapless Raiders and lost Chefs who they started the season up against in Brazil, where Matt went rogue and took himself out surfing through the favelas of Brazil, taking his fate into his own hands. In a very dangerous, very volatile South American Country. It's all a memory now the twenty twenty five twenty twenty six season. Say good night to the Chargers and say both fam we will see you next year for your reunion. Make sure you wear your shirt so we can all be identified getting off the Carnival cruise in Avalon headed to Mexico. That being said, we do have an event, and I don't like seeing it not sponsored here on our T sheet.
Speaker 3: Matt.
Speaker 4: Maybe we should have a reggae bed of music or something, because we have we have a show coming up in less than two weeks, Matt, less than two weeks, like ten days away. We have another show coming up, and I don't like the fact that it's not advertised here on our T sheet because going out to see the people is really the most important thing we do here in Great sports.
Speaker 3: Talk, Great sports Talk.
Speaker 2: Oh and you know it's it's an opportunity for us to plant the seeds, the seeds of local politics. And Kate's reached out to the Irvine City Council, to the mayor office.
Speaker 4: That's a nice Larry council too, Matt, Like, that's a nice you know, yeah, that's like the beach level where they have like filler music, and they have slides of beautiful active slides of beautiful beach scenes and the waves slapping against the pylons of the pier. Like that's a high production city council meeting in Irvine.
Speaker 3: I bet.
Speaker 2: I mean the GDP of Irvine is like equal to or larger than probably five or six states. So we're talking about a high power city council led by Larry Agrin, who was born in nineteen forty five. He is about to turn eighty one years old on February second, and Larry's office told us, we love the Petros and Money Show. Mayor Larry would love to come down and see the guys, but we need more of a heads up next time. So here's a week from Thursday, eleven days of a heads up. Kate's, can we plant the seeds of local politics and get Larry Agrin to show up to the Petros and Money Show's appearance at the Irvine BJS.
Speaker 3: I believe he's on it. That's right going, So we will see.
Speaker 4: How that plays out. So we're going to be down in Irvine for you Orange County types, if you're in line at the Hello Kiddy pop up at the Spectrum. Come on over and check out the Petrosen Money Show on AM I seventy LA Sports, your home of the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Now I have a question for you Pee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as a man who has now made his way virtually into a number of city council.
Speaker 3: Meetings, well online, that's what I meant. You know, you're there.
Speaker 4: You see what's been doing with the mayor and Orange City, Florida, Matt It is a mess out there outside of Orlando. The mayor tried to get rid of the city clerk, and then the city clerk tweeted out a conversation the mayor had on Facebook calling a couple people in the city council ghetto fabulous those people happen to be black.
Speaker 3: That's not going to go over.
Speaker 4: Well, charges of racism have been bandied about, and the rest of the city council wouldn't let her fire the clerk, and now they're asking her to apologize.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's a.
Speaker 4: It is a real culture clash going on there in Orange City, Florida. In London, Kentucky, where the mayor is in a just knockdown drag can't tell what they're fighting about. And these are all whites. But in London Kentucky there is a lot of anger. So I've been watching a lot of city council meetings. That's what I do.
Speaker 2: What imagine city council meetings are are gonna certainly pop off compared to we have.
Speaker 4: We got seven members. You just don't know, Matt. You know, you never know, that's true.
Speaker 3: What's going to happen. What it takes is want something to happen.
Speaker 4: Somebody gets called out in their charity, somebody gets called out for corruptions. Somebody doesn't fill the right pothole, somebody doesn't change a red light, and next thing you know, they're up in arms, pitchforks and torches and they're coming to kill doctor Frankenstein.
Speaker 3: If we can't get Larry Agrin. Have you called the mayor Kates?
Speaker 5: No that I haven't.
Speaker 4: Have you.
Speaker 3: Let's get on that. Have you asked about the mayor?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, I've been so focused on what's that understandable? Because remember the mayor told you a little bit more of a heads up and he'd be happy to join this.
Speaker 3: Right, and now we're going to make the same mistake. Oh is this the same city? That's right? Yes, Larry Agrin.
Speaker 5: Yes, all right, email being sent right now?
Speaker 2: Okay, good, because I don't want to have to settle for Melinda Leu, William Go, James.
Speaker 7: My white man, white man, white man.
Speaker 2: I don't think William Go or Melinda Lush or James my Mike Carroll. Yeah, that's a white guy. Betty Martinez, Franco white man, or Kathleen Trestater all potential Petrosen money show guests. I don't want those city council I want them.
Speaker 3: We want the mayor. I want may Irvine like six times over, or we're gonna fill it ourselves. So that is the news.
Speaker 4: We will be in Irvine a week from Thursday starting at three o'clock.
Speaker 3: Is that a five hour show on the remote?
Speaker 5: There, Kates, No, that is a that's a three to six show petros on the twenty second leading into one of the biggest NBA games of the regular season this.
Speaker 3: Year, Lakers v. Clippers.
Speaker 4: The Clippers are wide hot, there is no doubt about that, and a lot of people don't want to give fully fun Lakers, or people don't want to give Adam credit that the Lakers or ice cold and the Clippers are red hot. But So how about this, by the way, pe Yes, I believe been watching a lot of Whitehall, Ohio City council meetings as well. Go ahead, Adam Rode.
Speaker 2: Adam Carolla, middle ninebacker for the for the Huskies of North Hollywood.
Speaker 4: I thought I thought he was a Sam but yeah, well it's whatever.
Speaker 2: Larry Agrin, quarterback of the North Hollywood Huskies. Wow in his high school days. All right, So there you go.
Speaker 3: So we have it in.
Speaker 4: If he doesn't see got an in we ask him about his high school football career. That ought to get us the mayor of Irvine on. We've had Farah Kahn when she was the mayor his predecessor. Yes, and we had the county controller as well, I believe in Orange County. So we are not we are not strangers to Orange County politics.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 4: Yes, that is right. As far as today's show goes, we will have Ben Boltch. It's a writer's hour in the four o'clock hour. It's going to be like c SPAN when Shelby Foote and John Grisham are on back to back for interviews on their new books.
Speaker 2: Nobody Nobody covers beat writers like the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 4: We've got Ben Boltch for three good reasons. Okay, One number one on campus stadium so far UCLA football, there's one.
Speaker 3: Okay, one stadium issues.
Speaker 4: Two Bob Chesney kicking ass. I like Bob kicking ass in the port Ready, well, I think so, Bob, are we ready? Well, he's not ready to come on, but Bob, are we ready? Bob Chesney kicking outs in the portal? That's two and three. Ben Boltch is one of those, just like Vinnie Bong signior to say how much a takeout from BJ's not just that, but more takeout on the way Matt saying f you to conventional Los Angeles media coverage, and they're jumping over to the brand new California prost.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, a new New York coast California.
Speaker 7: Yea, California.
Speaker 3: So we will talk to Ben Boltch about that already. No, he's leaving. When's he leaving?
Speaker 4: Case leaves at the end of the month. Okay, end of the month. Okay, So I knew it was I knew it was upon us. So Ben bolt hits the post along with Vinnie Bong. Is Vinnie Bong leaving Las Vegas?
Speaker 5: I don't know if he's leaving the seven zero two, but he is leaving the Las Vegas Review Journal.
Speaker 4: To this pomp, sweating and blackjack on a Saturday night, leaving.
Speaker 5: NFL insider kind of a blanket coverage of the West.
Speaker 3: Coast Wow for the Blifornia Post.
Speaker 4: Yes, Vinnie Bong step, he's stepping up and live Vinnie Bong. Well, if he's out in Vegas, he's got the Raiders to cover, and that's West Coast NFL. He could stay in Vegas and cover all of them. Maybe he did deserve all that takeout from BJ's Restaurant in brew House in West Covina back in the day. But if I was at a Bjay's restaurant in brewe House just as a co host or contributor to a sports talk radio show that wasn't great sports.
Speaker 3: Talk, great sports talk.
Speaker 4: And I left holding five bags of food like Vinnie Bong would, I would have walked out the back door or found a way to leave with a little bit more dignity. He left in shame, straight up the front door, straight out fisted, just pulled it every bag and the whole.
Speaker 3: Play fisted with eight takeout containers.
Speaker 4: So that that was unfortunate. But either way, Ben Boltch, for those three reasons, and I think they were all good reasons, is going to join us in the very next hour and then wrapping up the Rider's Hour. No Rider's block in the four o'clock hour.
Speaker 5: Because I'm right than you.
Speaker 3: No, Bill Ryder, that's right. Check it out. It's me and flu Ski. We're doing the most Ski Man.
Speaker 4: No, you actually got us this guy. We needed a snarkier charger voice that's not Matt money Smith because the Chargers really laid an egg in New England and Daniel Popper comfortable, No, Matt's not comfortable saying hey, they suck. So Daniel Popper, who's going to pop off from the athletic charger beat rider, is going to join us. And that is a double up beat rider hour on the Petterson Money Show. On an I'm a Horse Monday.
Speaker 5: Yes, Tim Well Hacksaw had the summer book tour that he used to do every week a different.
Speaker 4: Writer that was my favorite summer book tour continues joining me right now every week is a season author.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. I wish I could do that.
Speaker 5: Maybe once a week an hour could be the writer's block.
Speaker 4: You know, just all dedicated out of Oxford, Mississippy once a week. Faulkner is my guest. You think once a Frank Faulkner out of Oxford. That's right, Frank, when you wrote about incest, did you find it to be a personal great grandfather? Shot all the recognition. But Frank is a fine author. I would love to do. Look, I think every once in a while if we build something for it and have like some class music and have somebody be like.
Speaker 3: It's Writer's Hour on the Petterson Money Show, No Writer's block this hour or something like that, doing it writer style. Oh that's a great call. And we can get my John Grisham or Dan Brown to come on. I said Grisham already, Hey, my man, did you read the new Dan Brown? Dean Coates is my favorite author. I can get you. Danielle Steele. Oh I love Danielle. I get a little hot and sweaty under the collar when I get to chapter two.
Speaker 4: Doctor Laura's got a new book out. Would you like her? So we could do? What do you think about that? Kates? I'm in And we could get the Hollywood wingman guy on. Oh, that would be awesome. Joe Books Joe Books, b Ucz.
Speaker 2: Hollywood. Oh, we get Seth Davis. He sent us a book that'd be great.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Kates, I'm in. We can have classical music.
Speaker 4: The Writer's Block Hour on the Petrosen Money Show featuring Ben Boltch from The Athletic and Daniel Pott No excuse me, Ben Boltch from the California Postino and Daniel Popper popping off from the Athletic. Who wants to be a writer when they grow up? These guys, what do you say?
Speaker 5: I'm in?
Speaker 3: All right? Looks like my pitch worked.
Speaker 4: So we do have ulster Man, Randy Wayne right Chorga Snow from Gumbo Limbo, Florida. Is it only sports books or can we go outside? I think we should be able to go outside the box. We've given away romance novels. Matt likes to talk about books, you know, I mean everybody loves books, Joe books and books by jobs on books. We have some minor sports stories and great sports talk at some point with the top story of the day, Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: Top story of it, We'll.
Speaker 4: Tackle, We'll face He's gonna face and tackle the failure of the Chargers.
Speaker 2: It's quite sad, real punch to the gut, kick to the balls, a little stomp on your toes.
Speaker 5: Do they serve food on the flight back after a loss like that?
Speaker 2: Or there's just like no, it's funny you say that, Kates, because as I got on the bus. You know, there are a number of buses, you know, and it's separated. Players on these buses, coaches on these buses, staff on the I got on the bus and there was a staffer that was, for lack of a better term, balls deep into a chicken palm.
Speaker 3: Well that was stinking up the whole bus.
Speaker 4: You know, look, people have a hard time. You know, it's a long game and people need to eat.
Speaker 2: It's like, really, you know, I know that we're we've all five pm and it's now, you know, eleven or midnight and you haven't eaten Dodgers man? Do I really need a giant freaking platter of chicken parm and garlic bread for a fifty minute bus ride?
Speaker 3: Where did they get that?
Speaker 5: Was that served?
Speaker 2: You know? Before you go after every's peaking a test. Han't been a football player After every game, the players get a meal, it's catered. They they contact a vocal for everybody. Yeah, just a bit, and it's usually really good food. I mean, it's it. I believed the in in Denver it was Flemings. It was like filets and stuff like that, and I mean, it's.
Speaker 3: Really good to throw us a medium pizzas.
Speaker 2: So uh yeah, so this was a famous Italian joint from from the area that was catering with chicken palm and mini pizzas and stuff like that. What did you grab nothing? I grabbed a poll in springs.
Speaker 4: Water, not the gut. For God's sake, it was fine. It's it's up to him.
Speaker 2: But it's just like, man of all the things, it's just this chicken parn What a.
Speaker 5: DJ pull on? What a Shannon pull to bring on the bus.
Speaker 2: I don't think we typically don't take the food because we have the press box food. You know, at half time, at halftime you can get the press box.
Speaker 3: The chips really have to be down for you to dive into the player's food. Yeah, yeah, it's I've got a.
Speaker 4: Although, you know, leaving the stadium every once in a while, I might have snatched a Chick fil A sandwich out of the mouth of a San Diego State player or two.
Speaker 3: You know. Never here you go.
Speaker 2: I think, if that's if that's what you're looking at, if it's a sub sandwich or a cheese steak or a chick fil a, okay, fine, But it's like, hey, this is the well done, this is the medium, this is the medium, rare file at. Here's your baked potato, here's your scalloped potatoes.
Speaker 4: Hey, why are you eating chicken? Do you think you are staffer? Food's making us all sick.
Speaker 3: The chickens are coming home to roost.
Speaker 2: Yes, and on the flight home they serving food. I I took something and passed out and slept for the majority until severe turbulence shook me awake over Lincoln, Nebraska for about thirty minutes, and then I immediately passed out again.
Speaker 4: Well, congratulations, the end of season is cameras, Congratulations on another NFL season.
Speaker 5: Were you sitting next to that person that had the chicken palm on the flight?
Speaker 3: I was not. I was not.
Speaker 4: I say, started out when uh Tokyo and ended in Canada. Matt started out in Brazil and fizzled out with turbulence over Lakeoln, Nebraska. Exactly right?
Speaker 2: Do you think you've got when you think you've got the mix that's gonna keep you asleep for five hours, and all of a sudden you're you're awakened by a plane moving thousands of feet.
Speaker 3: In the air. It's like, oh, that's a bummer.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm glad I heard a nasty rumor. I usually don't ask you about the fly flight home, but I heard a nasty rumor that you tried to light a cingarette back there and.
Speaker 3: Nobody did you know what.
Speaker 4: Everybody was asleep and tried to pull a couple of drags real quick and got in trouble.
Speaker 3: And hit the f on the toilet. IM suck it down. I'm glad that that's not the case.
Speaker 5: Was it like almost famous where you guys were like confessing things to each other, getting in her dog.
Speaker 2: Gay so then he whips it out, then he starts jerking figure and this is it and then wham the hydraulics slammed back in the cover.
Speaker 3: What Jesus christ Man?
Speaker 4: Oh, happy birthday Jenny Lewis. She's fifty years old and unmarried. She married her dog on Instagram. I felt pretty bad for her.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back with Australian News. You like these.
Speaker 1: Guys, We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you. Make AM five seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: App using Apple car Play or Android Auto.
Speaker 2: Bet you us some money in five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app Open Hour here Open Hour at five four o'clock hours. We discussed Writer's Hour, the Writer's Block, Ben Boltch, currently LA Times, Future California Post, Daniel Popper of Hops with Pop on Substack, and the Athletic Hop Bottom Pop Chargers, and Ben Boltch. Of course UCLA lot surrounding each of those teams, particularly the football team at UCLA. What Bob Chesney has going on. So that'll be an hour from now as we make our way toward six thirty. Come see us in Irvine, our final live appearance for the foreseeable future at the BJ's Restaurant in brew House on the twenty second, one week from this Thursday.
Speaker 4: We're happy to be there and we're happy to invite you to visit. Thank you for listening on this. I'm a horse Monday, all right, we will call this uh, well you know what this is. I found this Matt it's freaking me out. It's Australian News.
Speaker 8: It's KIF and this is Petros and Money's Australian News.
Speaker 4: Well with the Australian Open coming up. We hear at the Petros and Money show. Always have our eyes on down Under and what's going on down Under. And there is a massive problem developing in Queensland in a town called Gimp. They are plagued like yeah, but g Y M p I E. Gimp is well they call it. Yeah, they are plagued matt by giant flying foxes.
Speaker 3: Fruit bats, some of.
Speaker 4: The largest bats in the history of the world. That they call them flying foxes down there because they look like foxes.
Speaker 3: They are huge.
Speaker 4: They are the largest bats in the world that it seems like a nightmare. They're in a government protected wooded area that a giant colony of fruit bats has like doubled in the last couple of years. We're talking about like three hundred and thirty thousand gigantic bats terrorizing the community with constant screeching and unbelievable amounts of stinking disease spreading batpoop or guano. If you know about ace venture at too everywhere the situation has reached such desperation that locals say their quality of life has been deeply affected by the constant screaming and the poop, and that their properties have been collectively devalued almost to nothing by the fact that the bats are there and no one can do what they really want to do, Matt, which is, you know what it is, shoot the bats out of the eucalyptus trees, shoot the bats out of the sky. But certain government protections on the bats and their home makes that impossible. We're talking about hundreds of thousands of bats, Matt, and it's happened before in Queensland. But it's a terrible thing when these colonies move and take over a community and no one's allowed to shoot them. Your thoughts, thoughts, seems like Australia is the wild, wild West, and I'm surprised that they don't allow you to blast those things out.
Speaker 3: Of the skill.
Speaker 4: Very hard on the gun laws out there in Australia, you know, so they have people turn their guns in and stuff like that, but I would think they let you have like a pellet gun to shoot one of these bastards. There is an Australian current affair and it's way better than the current affair that we had here that Tony Bruno used to play the sound of all the time with Mari Polovitch. Here is Australia's current affair. Talking to one guy out there about the fruit bat problem, the flying squirrels, so to speak, in his area, or have.
Speaker 8: The odd noisy neighbor. Usually a polite word can restore the peace, but Carrie is being disturbed at all times of the day and night. They're even leaving behind unwanted presence on his lawnch Oh.
Speaker 6: He wears a battered bush hat, not a cape, and he doesn't fight crime. But with tens of thousands of flying foxes circling him, Kerry could easily be cast as the next batman.
Speaker 3: This guy, this is like the start of horrors to that, and.
Speaker 9: That's only going to get worse from now on an afternoon to where they almost block out the sun.
Speaker 6: The sheer volume of that's descending on Kerry's booner backyard has got him in quite the flat, just.
Speaker 9: Que screeching and screaming from sun up to sunset. And they don't take Sundays off. They live on church owned land, but they don't take Sunday off.
Speaker 6: They might roost on Holy Land. Kerry claims the sound and smell is making his life hell.
Speaker 9: Someone's baddo and bad stink and feet as doesn't even touch the smell of them. When the smell gets in the house, it's almost impossible to get rid of it. You've got to burn in sense, not by one stick of incense. You're like, buy you burn a whole packet of incense.
Speaker 6: The seventy five year old has lived peacefully in his home for six years until three months ago when the bats moved in.
Speaker 9: It's driving me, and that is an understatement.
Speaker 6: Disease and defecation are the biggest threats Harry and his guests.
Speaker 3: Face the afternoon close.
Speaker 7: Is that batpoop?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Oh, no, it was a bug.
Speaker 6: We are kind of in the dangers.
Speaker 9: We are where they can sort of drop if they want to, if they choose the two honors.
Speaker 3: We've got no control.
Speaker 6: Classifying his own backyard as a biohazard.
Speaker 9: The smell is bad enough, but knowing that they carry fleas and lice as well as they're droppings carry from what I can be told humorous, he's.
Speaker 3: Just flying foxes.
Speaker 4: So that they go to the research guy, Yeah, you can cut it, and he says, Nike Keith the forest clean. He can't touch him. But some people think that they need Don McClain there flying squirrel to shoot those bats out of the sky. But a terrible situation. So whenever you think like you live in Temple City and you think that you're harassed by the parrots and they're bothering you, it's got nothing on the gigantic fruit bats of Queensland, Australia, the flying foxes, and they are big as hell. I mean it does look like bat and Michael Keaton hanging upside down in the tree and there's like twenty of them and these gigantic eucalyptus trees and they fill the sky and black out the sun and it does look quite apocalyptic Australia, truly, Matt is a marvel. Now, this is not my favorite story ever out of Australia. Everybody knows my favorite story out of Australia is not the mushroom death cap trial, and I believe sentencing has taken place there, But that's close, Matt. My favorite story out of Australia is when the lady was cycling and got stopped by kangaroo, and the kangaroo kicked her with both feet right on her chest and popped both of her breast implants simultaneously with a powerful kick, and she had to be hospitalized because the kangaroo knew that it could pop that chick's airbags. Cycling in the outback in Australia. So there is Australia news for today. If you're sad about the Chargers, cheer up. At least you don't live where there's a gigantic flying fox infestation. If you're sad about the Lakers losing a couple straight, same thing. If you're sad about us being preempted by a half hour by fully functional employee Anham because there's clipper coverage tonight, non that we can do. There is stuff to be grateful for. The disease that's spreading, defic and disease. We all have the occasional noisy neighbor. We'll be back, we'll do How is your weekend? Featuring an obstructionless Matt Smith in Providence, Rhode Island, OH with humanity?
Speaker 1: Hello PMS listener, did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA Sports podcasts.
Speaker 3: There's Rogan and Rondee.
Speaker 1: That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of record, Clipper Talk Without a Musk, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio wip.
Speaker 3: Ever, Hey Buddy, welcome back.
Speaker 4: It's Petros and Money on AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 3: Happy to be with you here on your home of the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: We are your home of the NFL playoff action that's coming up this weekend, three divisional games, none of them include the Chargers, sadly.
Speaker 3: God damn it, they lost.
Speaker 4: We're also your home of the Super Bowl Super Bowl sixty Sunday, February sixth, Also not including, god damn it, the Los Angeles Chargers, who lost last night. Late in New England, Matt is back, credibly late. Matt is back, but maybe not in the best of moods.
Speaker 3: Well, because I really believed, I really believed I could hear it. Matt. It was the matchup you wanted.
Speaker 4: You told me that New England didn't have a pass rush and they had six sacks.
Speaker 3: Yeah that happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were the I believe twenty sixth in the NFL pressure eight front in the in the league this past season.
Speaker 10: Twenty sixth six sacks. Yeah, back to back, So yeah, I don't know Matt anyway, That's what happened. Matt's back licking his wounds and you could come and.
Speaker 2: See they our many. My tongue is like sandpaper. I've been licking so many wounds.
Speaker 5: Was Herbert able to carry his chicken palm onto the carried No, he got killed last night. Yeah, Hey, the players want to eat. I get it, man, he just played a three hour football game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Herbert, Actually they fuel your body diagnosed him earlier with a Sternham blow I believe straight to the stern hit a blow through. All right, it is time because it's a Monday, like that commune Invasion USA. You know, I watched the U the clip of Invasion USA the other day when that comedy gets blown up by by Chuck Norris out of out of uh at them all out of the mall. And I didn't know that he blew him through a window. That the nuke blows him through the window. He blows him up, he blows It's not even it's like a mortar that he's holding low and he blows him through a window. But it's not like the guy screams and turns and then gets blown through the window.
Speaker 3: I thought it's a great screw.
Speaker 4: I thought the missile sticks in him, and he sees the missile sticking in him and it blows him up. No, he turns and screams as he's turning. Yeah, he blows through a window. I didn't know he blew through a window. All right, it is, Matt, it's Monday.
Speaker 2: And you know what, You can hear it in there. Now that you say the window, you can hear the shattered glass.
Speaker 3: There. It is right at the end. Nice. So how was your weekend, Matt? Terrible?
Speaker 2: Uh? Friday, I watched the Phoenicians scheme. It was fantastic. I watched Oh so good.
Speaker 4: That's what's her Name's daughter, Kate Winslet's daughter, the actress, the nun.
Speaker 2: Oh that's who she is, eh, Michael Sarah is so freaking good in that hoofy.
Speaker 3: He's sensational. So I watched that. So that was a highlight.
Speaker 2: Watched the college football playoff second half of the flight and Friday night was uneventful. Saturday walked around Providence. We were staying right across the street from the State House, built in the late eighteen hundred, so pretty cool to walk around that.
Speaker 3: Took that in.
Speaker 2: I went to a joint called Caserta's Pizza, the oldest pizza joint in Providence. It was delicious. I can't remember which listener recommended that, but thank you for that, so go for you. Saturday night we went to kind of there's a main drag in Providence with a bunch of bars and stuff like that. We went to a sports bar with.
Speaker 3: Tourists all day, That's what it was.
Speaker 2: Patriots PR Stacy James and the Chargers PR staff all took care of that. We got a table, watched the games, the NFL games. Great night there and then Sunday morning prepped a little bit over to Gillette Stadium and a lot of disappointment, a ton of disappointment in the building there. Flight home was man it managed to fall asleep yes before we even took off, and then unfortunately woke up a couple different times. Could not have been a smoother flight to Providence in the middle of the day. Flight home just bouncing all over the Dann sky when you're trying to get some rest. So yeah, that was the That's how it felt. I was the coming in front of the window that got blown through the second story.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 2: I did not have a stern and blow. I felt fine physically for the flight home.
Speaker 3: Kids, What about you?
Speaker 5: I had a pretty relaxing weekend, guys. I didn't do very much at all. I slept in on both Saturday and Sunday, sort of just laid around to watch football. Went and got some poke at a place down the street called Poke Lo Lu, which was new for us. We usually go to a cocoa roll over on Olive or a different spot, but we went to a new spot on San Fernando. I liked it a lot. Probably be going back to it even more. Okay, and I watched a series on Netflix, eight episode Getting Your Poke Bowl Kates. Oh, I go white rice, I go tera yakey uh tuna, I go spicy tuna at Mamie the green onions.
Speaker 3: Uh seaweed stuff. See it on top.
Speaker 5: I get the mayo and then I get into your poke sauce or some side whatever the house sauce is there. You know it's delicious, you know it's great.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 5: I always got hollopenios on there too, extra holopaniels for me.
Speaker 3: Hey, spicy caates. You don't even have a gall.
Speaker 4: Bladder, don't need it just goes right through Kates on the toilette here.
Speaker 3: Or you know, just okay.
Speaker 5: I watched the series by Stephen King that's on Netflix. It's called eleven twenty two sixty three. It's about the JFK assassination and it was fascinating. My wife saw it on Netflix. It's like number two in popularity right now on Netflix. That's why she saw it. It popped up on her screen. I started watching it over the weekend. Watch all eight episodes. And in this series is James Franco. He plays the star. He goes back in time from twenty fifteen. He goes back to try to save JFK from being assassinated.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of sublot exactly.
Speaker 5: He doesn't go back and forth, it's just one time, but he alters history and it doesn't do it in a good way.
Speaker 3: He falls in love with a missile boom check.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, it's a really good show. Stephen King based and I'm like, wow, James franc goes back and my wife's like he's back. That's crazy, Like he got me too hard, he got like.
Speaker 4: A loss and everything, smoking boobies and grabbing movies town.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So we looked it up and I'm like, goshpegb man, I am a complete idiot. I totally got chronic Taco. This series came out in two thousand and sixteen.
Speaker 3: Idiot.
Speaker 5: This series, which was originally in All Hulu, is now on Netflix. Ten years later.
Speaker 3: We got chronic Taco on a show that is a decade old.
Speaker 5: It is ten years old.
Speaker 3: And I thought he was young.
Speaker 5: Well, I just thought maybe he'd been gone a while, maybe he had some stuff done to his face. You know, he's been me too. Now he's back. Turns out he's still me too, and nobody wants to be his friend, Like none of his friends from before his friends anymore.
Speaker 3: None of his cool like uh Seth Rogan from.
Speaker 5: An Apple Express dudes, they're all like not friends with it, but.
Speaker 3: They were doing a sequel. I thought we were getting a Pineapple Express too.
Speaker 5: He's probably not in it because him.
Speaker 3: Man had that without James Franco.
Speaker 5: Man, he's not even not even friends anymore. But I watched eleven twenty two sixties three.
Speaker 3: Because he was smoking dubes. I'm grabbing boobs.
Speaker 5: He's doing more than that, apparently, I don't speech be had to pay millions of dollars in a lawsuit, multiple lawsuits. So great series. I highly encourage you to watch it. It's ten years old. I didn't know. But it's a Stephen King book turned into a series on Hulu. Noaw Netflix called eleven sixty three.
Speaker 3: So oh, here's a text news splash. Kates JFK dies in the.
Speaker 2: What actually, actually you need to watch this actually spoiler alert.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he changed.
Speaker 5: Not in a good way, Ronnie. How's your weeking?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 3: Tim?
Speaker 11: You know I got excited there for a second there when you said James Frank was back.
Speaker 4: Frank.
Speaker 11: I was a big fan of Spider Man, the first one. Had a nice weekend guy Saturday. Was up early doing stuff around the house. Went to get an oil change at Valveleene, got that discount there, the iHeart Media discount. Took my car to the car wash afterwards, and in the afternoon, the family gathered for my niece Kayla's birthday party. That was a lot of fun, and we had the wild Card game on the TV as well, so the dual party favors going. We had the party, and we had the party within the party, the party watching the football game. Sunday, my wife was out with her her sisters for the day and so I slept in and watched the other NFL Wild Card games all day long and did some domestic chores in between. And I did order a pizza as well, and that was pretty much a pizza pie. Yeah, from Big Mamas and Papa's Pizza.
Speaker 3: That was my weekend. Guys, what about you? Pee? Okay? I what did I do?
Speaker 4: I went to yoga and slept throughout the day. On Saturday, I took my daughter to lunch at the Crem de la Crepe, which is a local French place in the South Bay area, and I drank some sangria.
Speaker 3: Well, she talked, did you have sweeter savory crepes?
Speaker 4: I had a crab cake, Benedict. It's a good breakfast place. I did not order a crape, Matt, so.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go to Krem like crapes and it's a French place. What do you think of that?
Speaker 4: Of different French places, I had it, I said, I had saying kria. I went to on Sunday, I went back to yoga early and so I could go to church. And then uh, I saw my little brother at church because he's the saltiest at Saint Catharine, and I liked. Father Mike gave me bread for the rest of the family, like, hey, you're here, but your other three people in a family aren't here, kind of calling them out. So I was able to come home and be like, hey, father, Mike gave you this bread. You wonder where you were?
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: And then I went to Nordstrom's to pick up my daughter's pants. At the Nordstrom pants just straight pants or she had pants hemmed or something.
Speaker 3: Oh, I got you. Yeah, they do the free tailor, right.
Speaker 4: So I had to go back and do that, you know, to the north Strom And then I stopped the Why Not Murder alone on Hawthorne and I ate by myself in my car.
Speaker 5: I did that too this weekend. Ate by myself.
Speaker 3: It's over, it's underrated.
Speaker 11: So today I had my pizza pie.
Speaker 5: I went to Arrest. I went to Finny's on Friday after the show and ate by myself and drank by myself. So I'm right there with you, Petrol. It's kind of depressing, but it feels good.
Speaker 3: No, it feels great. That sounds like my entire life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I ate the yido alone and you leave on And I waited for the real estate dad to call me because he said he was going to call me all weekend to hang out, and he never did. And I waited for the litigator dad to call me because he said he was going to call me to hang out this weekend and he never did. So I was very much like a lady in waiting. There's a club and you want to go. You might find someone that really loves you. So you go and you stand on your own, and you leave on your own, and then you go home and you cry, you want to die. Oh my god, Oh my god, was a euro by myself. All of that happened after.
Speaker 3: At least.
Speaker 4: I didn't have to sit next to some guy eating a chicken palm like an animal on a bus at three in the morning, on a sad bus in Foxboro.
Speaker 2: That was incredibly depressing. You know what, Even though I was surrounded by one hundred people, I still felt incredibly alone.
Speaker 4: Oh though we both lie close together and we feel miles apart inside, just like every rose has it's lorn just like that.
Speaker 5: Did you have the bartender come up to you too and say anybody else joining you? And I said no, just by myself.
Speaker 3: Are we waiting for another? No?
Speaker 2: And I like when you start conversation with the bartender and they're like, sorry, man, I gotta go over here. I'm not doing that gig today, Pal nice Weather, we're having it. Yeah, you're not bending my ear over here, Okay, dork.
Speaker 4: Hey loser, I'm not gonna be here because you're I got work to do here.
Speaker 5: At Phinney's, I ordered three appetisers and the runner who brought their foods like, is this all for you or somebody else joining?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 5: Damns for me.
Speaker 3: Don't let money change you.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll be back with more petros and money word number song of the Day, and then Rider's Our