Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while friends.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 4: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank you, hosted by Petros Papadacas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 4: We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts. Now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: I'd rather have my head replaced they do that now? Yes, wow, my body is but the less of my better being.
Speaker 2: By s Petros and Money five seventy l A Sports are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app on early It is a flex Alert two until five pm today Friday, thanks to our inside the Locker Room courtesy and brought to you by Verizon Wireless with Miguel Rojas. We're gonna be off the air at six the Clippers schedule adjusted five o'clock. Thankfully it has already happened to us once.
Speaker 3: MIGGI Rojas at.
Speaker 2: Four o'clock Megi sorry, yes, five o'clock, migeiy Rojas, My apology.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's the thing, Matt. You know, we got hooked backwards. We got hooked backwards, and no one told us. Thankfully, the Migi Rojas was always four to five. That was always the plan. It was never five to six. We didn't had to move that right, didn't have to move it back. But thankfully we had to move back to come back. Well, yeah, because God forbid the show before us just keep their schedule and go untill three o'clock. I did want to say this in regards to the show before us.
Speaker 2: Yes, the experience, it's not a show, it's an experience.
Speaker 3: It is in many ways. This is a show.
Speaker 4: It's petros money.
Speaker 3: Should like to think of it as a varietal hour. But four of them hit you see our soft shoe. But Danny Ka was always my hero, Matt, and I try to be like him out here with you.
Speaker 2: But and you're bing, Oh he approached life the same way.
Speaker 5: Great voice, bad guy, the hell out of my kids, incredible racist, No I get to be being crossby okay you can.
Speaker 3: I spent the first five minutes talking about there Danny Kay and Bing Crosby Dynamic in twenty twenty six. I was watching because you know, most of the time when we do the show, most of the time we're together.
Speaker 4: Yes, we always have remotes.
Speaker 3: We did the.
Speaker 4: Show a stadium. Yeah.
Speaker 3: We did the show here in the same room together for about fifteen years till twenty twenty without much variation at all. So we're generally.
Speaker 2: Except Dan Patrick when he came in to do a show live from here, that was the variation in the studio. All of a sudden he got a facelink. I'd read like, you know, if I was in you know, Waco or something. But we're usually together doing the show. So when there's a day where one of us stays home, or it's a really short show where both of us stay home, or we just want to piss off Tim Kates and his black on black hat, wack on blend back cy ops Kate, we stay home. But usually we're here and the show is an audio medium, and we don't do the whole zoom thing.
Speaker 3: When we do the show. We don't zoom each other on the show. So I can see Matt picking his nose and he could see me.
Speaker 2: Mouth breathing, naked from the waist down, Donald ducking it.
Speaker 3: Well, that's once or twice, it's not every time. So we don't see each other doing the show. So it's not but Rogan and Rodney do so because because they're almost never here. You're never there. You're never there, you're never ever.
Speaker 6: Ever ever therest define never you're there.
Speaker 2: Let's just go, uh, let's let's talk twenty twenty six games.
Speaker 3: I've seen one of them once.
Speaker 2: I have not seen either of them. Oh no, I saw Rodney once, right, Rodney was in here once I saw him.
Speaker 3: So so they're not usually here.
Speaker 2: So they're always our third time together this week.
Speaker 3: They're always on a zoom and we shouldn't get a medal for that, even though we should. No, no, they should. Somebody should make up another award. It's all relative. But they do the show. They're always on the zoom and because Kevin Figures needs to see him too, right, and they have a Yeah, Kevin Figures is almost always here looking at them. Matt is whacking around a he's whacking around a poster wrapped up to some thumb tax kits. It is to may get like six thumb taxs please. It is the all the the black Afro couple in all the sexual positions and the astrological them. Yeah, yeah, the signs that go with them. So that was a gift from Hedge Fund, Ryan and Matt Is.
Speaker 2: You know, someone who has a lot of money is the kind of person that would buy us this.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He immediately ordered it online, gave it to said, don't roll this out here at the BJ's right, you.
Speaker 2: Know, even though it's a BJS.
Speaker 3: Well it's a pizza plase. But anyway, yeah, that's that's what your son. I'm a Gemini. Yeah, the prone bone.
Speaker 2: I think, oh no, you got the dog. Yeah yeah, she's yeah, she's got the prone and she's yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: So there you go. You got me beat all right.
Speaker 3: So I will go back to it. So anyway, Rogan and Rodney are on the screen. You see them there on your screen whenever you walk into the control room during the hours between noon and two or noon in three.
Speaker 2: We were thinking right there behind Petros, like to the right of the AM five seventy yeah is that way you can't see it through the window. But you know, when we're getting a little tired and maybe want to feel a little Randy, we can fix our gaze upon it.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's nothing that gets me going more than a Nubian couple, right, that.
Speaker 2: Is uh, trying it every way possible.
Speaker 3: Engaged in copulation with their afros, two globular afros.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you they're very flexible too. It's just what it does for me, is it makes me want to stretch.
Speaker 3: Well, you can tell they're both muscular, yes, but also flexible. Now up in the other corner, Cats, that's a beam. You see it there on your beam? Put it up. I want to tell my story, and then I want to do frog Man Friday. We got a lot to do. We had a lot of dishes to wash today, all right. So you see him on the screen, You see them there on your screen? I mean, could I get some corroboration? Right, Ronnie, you're in there. You see those guys on your screen all the time?
Speaker 5: Yes, indeed, right, yes, they're always on the screen, always on the screen.
Speaker 3: Are you guys on the screen?
Speaker 2: No, Kevin, No, So just Rogan and rod Rodney, Just Fred and Rodney on the screen and they can see each other.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 5: And then on Monday's Eric Dickerson is also on the zoom so they can see the.
Speaker 3: Cool backdrop or anything like palm tree or like a motif for like the rogan and Fred's not a cat. No, Fred's looks like Fred's in a closet.
Speaker 5: And he's got like like the A five banner hanging in his background.
Speaker 4: That's about it. That's the only background that there is.
Speaker 3: Due This looks like a monkey effing of football. What are you doing? I can't Why can't you hang the black visit because you're racism?
Speaker 4: I think it is.
Speaker 2: The black poster is pushing back like you're gonna put no attack in me white black on black whitey you do, I gonna tack me to the wall.
Speaker 4: He keeps.
Speaker 3: I mean looks like I'm watching uh uh, the the Pink Panther movie.
Speaker 2: Yes, with Peter Sellers. And now for the dismount.
Speaker 3: What are you doing? All right? There?
Speaker 2: It is there, It is well done. Look at that.
Speaker 3: That's gonna get us fired. I don't know you're the one putting it up.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: It's kind of a way for us to say, this is our safe space. Guys, that's your safe space out here, but in here, this is our time.
Speaker 3: See I'm a Gemini I'm enthusiastic and I'm just hammering away from behind.
Speaker 2: I am a virgo, and I would say I am very creative.
Speaker 3: Wow, I'm gonna say, math, that's gonna hurt your back at some point.
Speaker 2: I've got a no wonder packed it spinal cord from what just being on my knees and carrying a female, a muscular.
Speaker 3: Black woman has been ramming or of pelvis into my abdomity.
Speaker 4: That or I've really got something working.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 3: We've got a great poster up. So anyway, all I wanted to say is, at least.
Speaker 2: I'm not a leo. I didn't even know what the hell I'm gonna do with that. Unless there's like an invisible stool that I'm sitting on, I don't I don't know how I'm gonna be on my tippy toes in a seated position with the full weight of a woman at my pelvis and her legs upon my shoulder.
Speaker 3: And see she's acting as a pendulum with her arms with their shoulders, so there's a balance. It's like a counterbell. Yeah, exactly, Matt, Come on, you're the physics guy around here.
Speaker 2: It's like the scales of justice. There you go, that's what I call that.
Speaker 3: Position, except African, African, American Nubian sack exactly. All right, I love that thing.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 3: We'll finish my story, thank you, Ryn, and then we'll go and do our thank you to Ryan Hedge fun. Then we'll do our Frogman Friday, and then we'll commence with the show because we do have a big event.
Speaker 2: Today inside the locker room, Miguel Rojas five until four until five pm. It'll start it four, it will end it five. Adam Owsen will be a long for Clipper pregame. It's courtesy of Horizon Wireless. Gave out four pair of tickets yesterday and we're going to have a packed house World Series Hero not just the ninth inning home run, but of course the throw to the plate that allowed it to get to extra innings instead of ending in the bottom of the night. So with Miguel Rojas, the great Venezuelan Dodger.
Speaker 6: You know, I went to Burbank Sports Cars today and got some Miguel Rojas baseball cards.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 6: And before you say it's not for me, I got them for the listeners. I think I got enough for the listeners. We give a word passage to and hopefully he'll sign them and then everybody who won will get a baseball car.
Speaker 4: That okay, sorry, Miguel, good.
Speaker 3: Well, that was a great idea, kay, And you put up the you know, after some difficulty put up the post.
Speaker 2: What's a Miguel Rojas baseball card going for these days?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I don't want to get into that man, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, whip around a little whip around here.
Speaker 6: Sure, who wants to start it off? Ronnie, Miguel Rojas baseball card.
Speaker 4: A dollar fifty? Okay, two dollars.
Speaker 2: I'll go ninety five cents.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna take the average all the cards, cause I bought a couple of like five dollars cards a dollar, so I'm gonna say about two twenty five.
Speaker 2: Okay, look at that. I just didn't think Kates would come out the pocket for that.
Speaker 4: Oh I did.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's gonna charge the station, so that is they won't reimburse that. No, well, of course, now that's coming up at four o'clock. But we're always hopeful hopeful music at about reimbursement hopeful music at New All I want to say is, Kate, you've seen the screen there you get in there early enough sometimes to see and Rodney on the screen. Oh yeah, and we often lament. I think it was earlier this week some serious lamentations from my radio partner about Rogan and Rodney, even after having their stats padded in the second half Lebron style by Ronnie Fossio, unable to finish.
Speaker 2: And now we had a four hour, seventeen second show.
Speaker 3: This week that remember you were saying that what I'd like to do is get a camera on the screen because when Fred says goodbye, the amount of.
Speaker 2: Time, oh he is. It's an ejector scene we.
Speaker 3: Are talking about, like you know how like when somebody explodes for some terrible reason and they say he didn't see it coming, he didn't see it. You know, one good thing is he didn't see he didn't know what the hell happened. I mean, just black, that's it. And that's what happens when he signs off, Matt, I have never seen such an expulsion.
Speaker 2: Does the screen go black and you see Fred just disappear.
Speaker 3: You see the scream go black?
Speaker 4: Just what.
Speaker 3: I mean? And then the song continues to minute and a half because somebody's got to finish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gotta be the song. It ain't gonna be Fred ninety.
Speaker 3: Seconds of Tupac saying it wouldn't be La without Mexicans, Black Love Brown right, whatever in the sex.
Speaker 2: I couldn't possibly be here till fifty five thirty. He's gotta get out of fifty four has to good. Sorry, guys, I got I mean.
Speaker 3: It is such an amazing ejection. It's such an amazing closure of of the day. I mean, no, like, hey, thanks Kevin, you know in the talk back, thank you, Ronnie. No, hey, we'll be around back tomorrow. I'm sure you're the same way as I.
Speaker 4: Pleasantries.
Speaker 2: A lot of times I'll get Ronnie or Kate's going, hey, you're good, you can, We're good, you can sign off now, like well, a lot of them just hang out, make sure like everything all right?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: Matt anything.
Speaker 5: This is just an amazing That's all I'm trying to So following the program on a daily basis, Frey connects via the com rex, right, That's how we're able to hear him as a studio quality. So at the end of the show sometimes studio quality.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: So most of the time, most of the time, I initiate the dump of Fred, but probably the last uh maybe maybe since uh October.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: Fred is quick on the trigger. I go to check the comraes to make sure the line is clear, uh, to dump the line that Fred was on, and it's already gone.
Speaker 4: He's a he's gone.
Speaker 2: I'm the recent development.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, rather reason, rather reason.
Speaker 3: I've never seen a scream go black so quickly. I've never seen It's like, you know, a in one of those movies where they had FaceTime and we didn't know we were going to have FaceTime in our lifetime, you know what I mean, and it just clacked. I mean, it's just it's really something to see. Anyway. It is a Frogman Friday here on the Petros and Money Show. Yes, everybody knows frogmen, meditation and water prog men are wedded for dogmen.
Speaker 4: J Sing boys from the ten.
Speaker 3: Known as frog On a frog Man Friday, The Petros Some Money Show celebrates the secrets and mysteries of the deep sea, especially in the Pacific Ocean. PAI. We appreciate the protection of lifeguards, Coastguard, harbor Patrol, the Navy underwater demolition units, the mark. It couldn't be anything else and of course the great Mike Nelson played by the one and only Lloyd Bridges, and perhaps the greatest show ever produced on television, the patron saint of Frogman Friday see Hu.
Speaker 7: They died at the hands of two other men who had learned to live under water and could kill underwater.
Speaker 3: There were no scars, no wounds to test the happened, it really is.
Speaker 7: They simply turned off the valve that delivered air to Dave Norfolk and watched him drown helpless. Then they turned the valve back on, knowing that when and if his body were found, he'd be just another scuba diver who met with a mysterious accident. There'd be nothing to indicate homicide.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Dave Norfolk or his killers.
Speaker 7: I didn't know that I was soon to face those killers myself.
Speaker 3: Todd Lights thirteen five.
Speaker 4: What are you nuts?
Speaker 3: We still got to take that Farida man. You know what that's like these days.
Speaker 4: You got the.
Speaker 5: Navy everywhere, you got frog men, you got the e C two's with the satellite tracking, you got the SPELL two nine of salt choppers up the ass.
Speaker 4: We're losing one out of every nine loads. That's no duck walk anymore.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, forget about money.
Speaker 4: What do you suggest that's reasonable?
Speaker 3: Diet rule, the greatest organist daughter Earth tomorrow, Dodger fast, see that.
Speaker 4: Taurus. Help, that's close shower.
Speaker 8: Fire fire there there, I get to see it thrown at your back.
Speaker 3: You know, I gotta say, Matt, and the risk is sounding like you know. I first saw my first astrological calendar of black couple sexual positions. I first saw this poster. Who's a young man going through the poster section that was what was once was the original head shop in all of California, now closed, the buildings still there in her Mosa Beach, right next to Paisanos on her Mosa Ave Greco's. Okay, everybody remembers Greco's Matt Greco's sandals, But what you really did there was by bongs, nitrous and porno posters among many pipes, right, T shirts of you know, missing persons, T shirts things of that nature.
Speaker 2: Stickers, keyboarders from missing persons. Just hit on my wife at NAM the other day. I was like, so you can go out with them or what a pretty big deal? I mean, that has something to brag about. I can see why you've said that exactly. Uh, it was.
Speaker 3: It was like that kind of place, right and the very first place I ever saw the uh, that poster. I think it was more of a velveteen machine. Yeah, I would look good in velvet with a black light. With a black light, this would look okay with a black.
Speaker 2: Lives Yeah, they no question, it's a black light poster. If only we still had dance party pms. I think we still some of the some of the remnants in storage here. It could be in the storage closet.
Speaker 3: But I remember I first saw that poster, you know, in my teens at the Grecos while buying a poncho, you know, one that you know you could see Matt Smith wearing today. And I remember going through the posters and saying something to the effect of, I love that poster, but I could never pull this off. I couldn't pull this sweet poster off. And now here we are pulling it off in a corporate place of word that's right, until we get fired within the next five minutes.
Speaker 2: Nobody comes in here. The show before us doesn't come in here. Now Adam Oslin comes in or no he doesn't. Clippers got their own studio Dodgers have their own studio.
Speaker 3: Is the boxing show going to be in here?
Speaker 2: Boxing show?
Speaker 3: Is Sammy long A calling?
Speaker 5: Ye?
Speaker 3: Boxing show? Are they going to do it? Because this would have certainly upset Collin.
Speaker 6: You I think this is where they're doing their show. Yeah, tomorrow morning. Well nice.
Speaker 2: Perhaps it's time for Colin to kind of recognize, you know, what happens, what goes on when that door closed.
Speaker 3: This is what happens when two adults get together. That's right, Colin. That's what it looks like. And if they're black, this is exactly what they look at.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say, of all the poses, of all the positions, I should say the one labeled imaginative is the least imaginative of all of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's more like he's having relations with the corpse. Yeah, necrophilia. Yeah, because she doesn't seem to be involved. The one that is labeled comfortable is the least comfortable of all the positions. Well, I don't know, Matt. I think you should try it out, you know, once you get your balance right, I think you'd be in pretty good shape.
Speaker 2: Guy from Missing Persons gets out of the picture shot at it.
Speaker 3: You might remember me from a band called Missing Persons.
Speaker 4: You should go to the show tonight.
Speaker 2: I'll put you on the list. Oh yeah, where are you're playing? Playing over at the Marriott. Gosh, that's serious. Well I'm here with my daughter Bringer. Yeah that no, really, he'll be my guest.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll be back. I have a follow up story, and then we'll have I think a word number, Yeah, a top story of the day with Matt Smith. We'll do it dead and a live guy. And then we'll go upstairs and we'll do an hour with Miguel Rojas. Have you been up there, Kates? Do you feel the pre show tension, the pre millennium tension going on up there?
Speaker 6: In a few minutes, Bert is engineering for you, guys.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what today is going to test. This will be a real test of our fms and our sales.
Speaker 4: Stay.
Speaker 2: Oh, Friday afternoon, Friday afternoon, four o'clock.
Speaker 3: Why do you think we opened up twelve more tickets yesterday?
Speaker 2: It's exactly right because that particular department, zero chance they are here on the regular on a Friday Friday is not a workday for them. No, the week the work week ends Wednesday Thursday, is there Saturday and they check emails Friday is a Ghostyle?
Speaker 6: Should I write down names and send him to the opponent so that way he knows who was not there? Who was there?
Speaker 2: Is the opponent not going to be there? Roll the dice, my man, Roll the dice.
Speaker 3: Is the opponent gonna know Tim's name?
Speaker 6: That's the real that's a no, that's a heavy strong no. Hey there guy, my man.
Speaker 2: I think he knows him as TC one hundred percent.
Speaker 6: He doesn't even know that.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back with a flip top story of the day. Stay with us, everybody.
Speaker 4: This is Petro.
Speaker 7: Send money on to man demand.
Speaker 2: That's show some money in five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. An hour and a half from now, we'll be upstairs in our iHeart studios inside the locker room with Miguel Rojas.
Speaker 4: So be sure.
Speaker 9: To set yourself up with a nice cup of hot coco or maybe a nice sprite, or maybe a nice liquid death orange horror energy drink.
Speaker 2: It's only as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. It doesn't taste like cough medicine, and tune in for our conversation the full hour.
Speaker 3: It's starting to feel like there's a promotional opportunity in there.
Speaker 2: Before you, Matt, the opponent brought it up.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, I heard. Hey you want to try this, Petcha, It's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Try it.
Speaker 2: Stick sip our inside the locker room with Miguel Rojas, two time World Series Champion and World Series Hero from two months ago, is brought to you by Verizon Wireless.
Speaker 3: All right, Matt, I guess we'll just call this the flip top story. I'll clip you out, I will look you out. This is the flip top story of the day. One of those rare moments where the international news crosses with our own local knowledge and our local news. Yesterday, Matt, we talked about the World Cup coming this summer June night that in there we don't have. That's the one from Qatar.
Speaker 2: Exact tar? Was that South America? Or I feel like that thing is old?
Speaker 3: Was that the Qatar?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, that's the Qatar. If the World Cup was in the southland of America, I don't know what this stinger would be. But Qatar, you think they'll have a new stinger, like a screaming eagle for North America or anything like that I don't know. But yesterday we talked about the World Cup coming this summer. We said here in Los Angeles the teams coming will be Belgium, the Swiss, Iran, New Zealand, Paraguay and the USA, the Streaming Eagles, the USA, And yesterday Matt unfortunately we had to establish the fact that not only is nobody going to be given the opportunity to buy tickets at face value, because literally out a billion people by the end of this when it's all said and done, are going to be getting chosen.
Speaker 2: From the lottery. Basically, India decided to apply.
Speaker 3: A billion people, which means less than one percent of the people that applied we'll have the opportunity to buy tickets for the World Cup. So if you applied and you think that you're going to get in, you're not.
Speaker 2: It's very very very very very surprised.
Speaker 3: And that means the secondary market will be out of control. Emirates level decadence in the secondary market.
Speaker 2: It's the Gilded Age for secondary market tickets.
Speaker 3: So instead people are encouraged to what go to fan zones and do the fan zone paying a fan zone like watching. Most of them are free to going, ok, but not the parking, right, not the parking, not the beer. And we announced on Monday that the fan zones. The biggest fan zone is at the LA Coliseum, because I mean, who doesn't want to hang out right there? Prime real estate man, and they are doing a big renovation of Exhibition Park, but I think that's for the Olympics, not for this. We've got Venice Beach, gangs and hippies, gangs, gangs and Hipby Beach. There's a fan zone in Venice Beach.
Speaker 2: He got broken down motor homes, fentanyl heads, gangs and.
Speaker 3: Hippies and the drainage of those RV sewage sewage everywhere. We got Magic Johnson's Park and Willowbrook where the news always breaks two days later. It's like a time warp. And speaking of falafels, the Third Street Farmers.
Speaker 5: Market where you can get them, still go one, that'll be a fan fest.
Speaker 3: These are all places to go because no one can afford it. Okay, we talked about this yesterday, Matt, but I.
Speaker 2: Don't want to go to the Third Street Farmer's Market if Yankee Doodles is still open and I can get one of those big beers and hang out inside there on Third Stone.
Speaker 3: That's not a sanctioned event. That's not a sanction event.
Speaker 2: What about chillers with the slurpees? Can I pop in that?
Speaker 3: That is now the California Surf Club's owned by the same people that own Beach Life. I think you'd like it a lot, Matt, being a surfer, all kinds of surfing stuff all over the walls right by the water there. I really do think you'd enjoy it. But there was a big conflict, Matt. What do we got that hits directly into the soul of the Petrosen money show? A conflict down at the harbor that full disclosure. Just recently I hosted an event, m Scene, an event for the Port of Long Beach, A big event for the Port of Long Beach.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and thousands of people.
Speaker 3: I met the Mayor t Rack of Long Beach, Rex Richardson, and Rex Richardson promised the people of Long Beach and multiple speeches that Long Beach would be hosting at one of those fan fests. And don't you worry, even though the World Cup's not coming to the Pyramid, we can't get them to come and play at Long Beach. State with LB the pronoun shark or Danny the dolphins. The diversity dolphin is long beat CCX. But he got rejected, what denied? In a rare victory for the Port of Los Angeles. Yes, the San Pedro West Harbor will despite Mayor Rex Richardson's promises.
Speaker 4: Pedro O Petro got it, got the.
Speaker 3: Ffest nod and buy the water in sam Pedro.
Speaker 2: We got the low Bridge, so we get the fan fast. Well that's the ship.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Long Beach gets everything. Now, they do have some bad things, like the Queen Mary rotting out and bankrupting the city.
Speaker 4: But have you been with its existence every single day? That's fine?
Speaker 2: But have you ever been to a draft party on the Queen Mary?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: I have, Matt, you know who hasn't you?
Speaker 3: I went to a winter formal on the Queen Mary. I went to a wedding I've had I've had plenty of experiences on the Queen Mary. It's okay, and it's rotted out, and it costs too much money. But the fact that Long Beach built this beautiful high bridge over Terminal Island and downtown Long Beach, the henry Ford Bridge, It's not like it just was there one morning. They were doing it for years, building the big bridge and then taking the little bridge down, and Sam Pedro's just sitting over there like, say there, what are they doing down there? What are they What are they up to over there in Long Beach? Could they be stealing a lot of our commerce because their bridge is so high?
Speaker 2: See, don't worry about us over here.
Speaker 3: We have been arguing over whether or not we should pave pave our low bridge for the last five We can't even figure out when and how to pave our bridge in San Pedro, the Vincent Thomas Bridge, let alone build a new bridge in Los Angeles. With the terrible bureaucracy that we face. Do we have to get John cole belt on. So maybe we got thrown a bone Matt the bone bone because of the low bridge, because we too low. Perhaps we got thrown a low bridge because because of that that that differentiate, right, because Long Beach is very spry, and their ability to do legislation because they have a city manager that runs their city they're not big, is huge and nothing ever gets done. But we got the fan fest in Pedro, and you're much less likely to be stabbed at the Pedro FanFest though you could be stabbed then you are the La Coliseum fan Fest.
Speaker 2: I would not put it off the table. No I didn't, Yeah, I didn't. You're just saying less likely, less likely.
Speaker 3: Although I would say this, if somebody pulls a knife on you in sam Pedro, it's more likely they.
Speaker 2: Know how to use it and they will stab you.
Speaker 3: And if somebody pulls a knife on you downtown, it could be a crackhead. You don't ever know, you know, I mean, it could be a crack in San Pedro. Du that's not off the table. But it could be a crack head in Venice, and it could be a crack in a Magic Johnson Park as well.
Speaker 2: I think Pedro that's a working knife. That's a person that works with knives, like of it like a puma knife. Yeah, in Pedro, that's someone that knows how to work with a knife. I gotta work with this knife. You know, the Long Beach, Venice Beach could have bought it on that.
Speaker 3: And Rex Rex Richardson has egg on his face. That's unfortunate because he told his constituents that they were going to have it, but they are not.
Speaker 2: That's not cool. I'm going to say because that's not cool. Venice is LA. The Coliseum is obviously La. Magic Johnson Park is Los Angeles, LA. Why not flip something to freaking Long Beach. Something for the late people, more freaking people in Wyoming. Give him a little something.
Speaker 3: Long Beach may still well if you're not getting it, and Long Beach may still host unofficial watch parties or related activities in the downtown Pine Avenue area, but it will not serve as one of the nine officially designated fan sites for the twenty twenty sixth tournament. All I'm saying is we better get on top of these fan sites. Here's the thing, because no one's going to be able to afford it, and no one is going to be able to have tickets to buy face value.
Speaker 4: And here's the thing.
Speaker 2: The official fan sites there squeeze us out want petrol, Well they're going to have control of it. Everything that happens at the fan side is going to be under the control of FIFA and the World Cup.
Speaker 3: This is a Kiwi site.
Speaker 2: You you now have a relationship with the mayor. You want to say, hey, mayor have Long Beach. I see you got that egg on your face. Well, guess who has shown up with some soft soap and a wash. I am here, and I am here to help you use the power of the Petros and Money show. Give us some of that good government money and let's set up a Petros and Money watch.
Speaker 3: Zone, Embezel Long Beach.
Speaker 2: Right, Let's set up a Petros and Money watch zone for the city of Long Beach that will outdo what they have in San Pedro and prove that you didn't need no stinking official watch party. You did it on your own. We we you know, little sweat equity from the folks here.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, if your kid looks at you with doe eyes and says, this isn't an official party. I want to go to the World Cup. Yeah, you're not going to be able to fulfill that for your kids. Well, I think we don't think we're going to be able to lean on our civic relationship with log Beach just because I hosted one event two weeks and there you made an impact. Yeah, but it was the port. The mayor a Long Beach was a guest. It was not his event.
Speaker 2: No, but he was impressed at your pushing of the port. Despite having ties to the Port of Los Angeles. I thought they were very impressed with, you know, your enthusiasm for their port.
Speaker 3: I made fun of our bridge, right and they liked that. But it is sad. Yeah, here's all of our activations, all of the funds.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do they got? Let's see if we can do this farmer's market. We can do a farmer's market.
Speaker 3: A place near and dear to our hearts.
Speaker 2: Try this Granola.
Speaker 3: June twentieth, City of Downy, Mexican Beverly Hills. I hope Mexico's playing that day.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, what are the activations?
Speaker 3: These are one? These are them? Farmers Market? Is the eighteenth through the twenty first, June twentieth, City of down What.
Speaker 2: Is that we're going to activate the City of Downy.
Speaker 3: These are going to be the different fan zones set up.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought you were telling me what they were doing in the fan zones besides just watching TV like you know, Well, we wanted to get a two story tall ball that you can kick around.
Speaker 3: Kick a ball around. There's a TV. Somebody puts down astro turf, there's bars, trash caads everywhere.
Speaker 4: We can do that and balloons.
Speaker 3: Not officially sanctioned, not with his cool website Heart of the City, Matt, you want to get stabbed Union Station in La Plaza like Alvara Street ahead June twenty fifth through the twenty eighth. There's ample parking all up right by Twin Tower. Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 4: Hassen Damn Lake July second through the.
Speaker 2: Fifth at the Hanson Damn Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 3: La County's Irvin Magic Johnson Park. We said that right, that's July fourth and fifth.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's right. I want to spend my fourth of July.
Speaker 3: The Wittier Narrows.
Speaker 2: Is that like the narrows of the where you're like July nine eleven rocks they got those in Whittier?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or are they houses that are built incredibly close together? It's like to really squeeze your way between the property lives.
Speaker 3: It's like that that National Park and Zion Venice Beach July eleventh for the poop and the Needles Fair Plex Pomona.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, let's get our dragsters going.
Speaker 3: Fourteenth through the fifteenth, eighteenth through the nineteenth top fuel all day because this is all you're gonna be able to give your kids. Guys, when it comes to the World.
Speaker 2: Cup, even if it's like Iran Podaguay, you still think you're gonna like straw.
Speaker 4: You can't get a.
Speaker 3: Rich Ionians and Paraguayan's.
Speaker 2: There, mister kim style. What do you have for sale there? Mister mckis, I'll give you eight dollars for it. I got an air for twenty five cents.
Speaker 3: And Matt, finally, Long Beach totally boxed out. West Harbor, sam Pedro July fourteenth and fifteenth, July eighteenth and nineteenth, sam Pedro is activate. So where is that by portsicll like where they put on those big CONTs out there. So that is what's going on here in the city of Los Angeles. And I think spending the fourth of July at Magic Johnson Park is the right thing to do for all of us.
Speaker 4: Do you think so?
Speaker 3: Without a doubt? We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Were those firecrackers? No, No, they weren't.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, Look, you weren't really celebrate and commemorate war. Do you want to just fake it? Congratulations to the City of San Pedro, a big sorry to Rex Richardson. And I can't say I'm surprised that Matt tried to leverage my budding relationship with the Long Beach Mayor for Petro. Somebody watch parties.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't we You don't Hey, did you get squeezed out?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Do you need to stay squeezed out? No, We're here to help.
Speaker 3: In the back room in La Opera, Petro send money live for Paraguay versus you know.
Speaker 4: Exactly right like that.
Speaker 3: We'll be back with some reaction on Beetro Somebody on five seventy LA Sports your home of the Dodgers. Mickey Rojas will be here from four to five.
Speaker 1: Southern California's most listened to sports talk show This Money on Demand, That.
Speaker 2: Shows Some Money and Somebody LA Sports Live Everywhere. The iHeartRadio Clippers against the Nuggets. Tonight return of Nicola Jokic as the Clips try to stay hot.
Speaker 3: Oh is he back?
Speaker 2: He's back? Tonight Tomorrow is Dodger Fest. David Vasse gonna be live from Dodger State Fan Fast World Cup fan Fest. It's bigger, have even better, bigger ten Am. Dave will be on the air at if you don't feel like showing up at Dodger Stadium, paying for parking, paying to get in, all that sort of stuff. Just tune in UH and Dave gets everybody. He talks to all the players, the managers, the coaches, front office folks. Dave gets everyone. And that will be tomorrow starting at ten am. Brought to you by Verizon Wireless.
Speaker 3: Verizon stock was up eleven percent today. No surprise, coincidence, I think, not insurance. Probably not all right, Matt, I have a couple of texts.
Speaker 2: Fine, brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers.
Speaker 3: We make it easy. The Wittier Narrows is a parking al monty that is not narrow in any way.
Speaker 4: Thanks a lot for your help.
Speaker 3: Kates. You didn't know where the Wittier Narrows were. What about you, Ronny's son of a bitch? Where were you?
Speaker 4: I'm right here. I know where it is.
Speaker 2: We were just told if we were talking about is it like the the Utah thing with the tight rocks, and is that what the narrows are?
Speaker 4: Because that's what those not even Wittier.
Speaker 3: It's in hel Manty.
Speaker 4: I've heard of them.
Speaker 2: I don't know where they're at. I mean, I got nobody narrows. We got the Whittier Narrows golf course, the Whittier Narrows Recreation area, the Whittier Narrows. I bet that wreck area is where the fanfast is gonna be. That's probably it. And I'm looking at it right now and it looks like a damn park to me. It is wide open, there's a lake. There's a woman on a bench. What's narrow I would call her? What's narrow is the narrow minds of the people.
Speaker 3: Yes, we have not evolved emotionally as we should.
Speaker 6: Hear in the narrows, narrows after the narrows and water gaps of the area.
Speaker 4: That's why.
Speaker 3: Thanks, hey Pee. I used to hang out at Greco's and Hermosa. Do you remember the colony just down the street. I was an original member of the colony. We were uh head of our times. I made jewelry for the locals, silver and.
Speaker 4: Gold, silver and gold.
Speaker 3: The guy at Greco's started making sandals using car tires for the treads. Yes, I remember that. And Grecos is where I saw And by the way, our boss, Brian Long took it down. Just came in here and took down our as astrological black sex poster and he said, I'm good to you guys. Right, what are you doing to me.
Speaker 4: Why would you do this to me?
Speaker 3: So then we had to take it down, which is unfortunate. You don't do it, Matt. You're trying to get us fired. Ded Carson's gonna come in here and we're all gonna get fired.
Speaker 2: Dad works at the Sherman Oaks office.
Speaker 3: She's still not eight years.
Speaker 4: Not how long? Like eight years.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, but you know what, it's great to see her at the s CSP.
Speaker 3: It's one of the worst students we've got. So clippers Denver tonight, we'll get there. We'll do your word, We'll do your number.
Speaker 6: Jokers playing the night guys. How about that?
Speaker 4: I just said it.
Speaker 6: No, making sure you guys are paying.
Speaker 3: I know where the witty your news are? Oh yeah, well where were you last hour? Where were you?
Speaker 4: Right over there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Smoking weed.
Speaker 4: Right over there.
Speaker 2: That was one of the best. Wasn't Ronnie the one that got yelled at for the Where were yours?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 4: Sonny?
Speaker 2: That was no, it was Ronnie. Yeah, son of a bitch? Where were you? Son of a bitch?
Speaker 4: Where were you? Steve Hartman screaming.
Speaker 2: A uh because Hartman got stuck in the bathroom, called son of a bitch.
Speaker 5: No that that that That wasn't how it played out. That wasn't it was. It was we were going to uh we were supposed to interview. Gosh, we were gonna who was the coach we were going to interview? Uh I think it was, uh coach sham Becker Becker, Okay, sham Becker, right, and and so and so. Uh it was uh, it was a taped interview, right, and so Hartman was gonna come out. Hartman went out right and you know, his right, right, you're all right to play the interview back?
Speaker 3: And they didn't. So what happened was is it just brought it in like it was a normal segment.
Speaker 5: Steve Hartman walked out of the studio and didn't come back until he heard Michael Thompson take over the airwaves. As soon as we came back, it was about ready to fire off that interview, and Michael Thompson starts saying, oh, we're gonna take Coles Steve's nut here this well, Steve's away.
Speaker 4: The colors will have their say.
Speaker 3: You know, and so it it's because he knew there was a tape of you. But shouldn't you have said so song No, shouldn't you have said we have an interview coming up, that's on time.
Speaker 5: I told Michael. I told Michael, we have an interview here. Oh that's okay. We want to talk to the people. And so uh. Steve Hartman walked in studio, not knowing what was going on, says, we're not talking to go coach, sham Beck Larry, Where are you, son of a betch? What's happening? Nobody told Michael Thompson. He cussed out Vic, He cossed out Michael, Steve, and Steve cussed out the entire the entire floor and the entire fourth floor.
Speaker 3: Son of a bitch? Where were you at, son of a bitch? Where were you?
Speaker 5: So that's where that reference comes from. It was Ronnie Fossil, I believe, son of a bitch?
Speaker 4: Where he did? He did walk in? He said, Ronnie's son of a bitch?
Speaker 3: Where were you?
Speaker 4: I said, I was right here, Steve, But I mean, what do you want me to do?
Speaker 5: Michael just commenteered the air waves and started to take over the show. You should have turned him down, and it devolved from there and fired.
Speaker 2: Off y, son of a bitch? Where were you?
Speaker 3: We'll be back son of a bitch.
Speaker 2: Where were you? What are your and arrows? That's where I was.
Speaker 3: Of course they knew where it is. Okay, right over there.
Speaker 2: Looks beautiful, like a great place to have an activation.
Speaker 3: Looks like a great place to bury a rival gang member that you've killed.
Speaker 2: They've got frolf frisbee golf. There's a goose. Looks like it's a body of water you can't swim in.
Speaker 3: And yes, kids, there was a time you could just call beaucham Beckler and interview him.
Speaker 2: A glorious time.
Speaker 3: We used to have Bobby Bowden on like once every three weeks.
Speaker 4: I don't think that interview ever aired.
Speaker 10: Oh I'm sorry, Steve. If you're listening, that's probably why we heard it. Then all of it go down because we were coming on the air. It was going to run in the last Really.
Speaker 3: It was the only other louder thing I've ever heard in the area is when Dawn was cussing somebody out us or somebody else.
Speaker 4: I think it was high hair Gary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what a time to be alive.
Speaker 3: I was like, wow, Steve really has some violence in them. I remember that.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, those are the days, man. You can cause people off you can put up posters in the studio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right about that.
Speaker 4: Cats.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if we can't have our African American astrological sex post or what, oh we're gonna happen.
Speaker 5: Hey, you have girls taking off their shirts right in front of Steve Hartman and studio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that happened too, It did happen.
Speaker 5: What was a guy's name, Matt, the guy from it was a guy that he would have all those videos, the videos Joe something or other.
Speaker 4: I don't remember, neither do I probably doesn't matter. Where were you.
Speaker 2: Word numbers? Saw next