Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 2: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the World champion La Dodgers Tamble Cats.
Speaker 5: Hi, everybody, and good afternoon. Welcome to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. On this Sunday, April twenty six, twenty twenty six, is your back to back World Series champion Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Eighteen to nine on the season.
Speaker 5: After a comfort behind winning yesterday, the Dodgers look for the series win in the rubber game of this weekend series against the Chicago Cups today. Justin Robleski on the mound. The left tender has been fantastic so far this year. First bet from Uniclo Field that Dodger Stadium is coming up at one ten Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts coming up in about twenty minutes. David vass Our, Dodger insider, will join us throughout the hour. He'll go one on one with Dodger reliever Will Klein. That's coming up in about forty five minutes. We'll break down this pitching matchup with Justin Robluski on the mound looking to get his fourth win of the season. We got your Dodgers magical moment coming up in thirty minutes. We'll hear from Charlie Steiner coming up in a little bit as well as Shortley. Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA will join us, and in just a few minutes we'll head out to the kalpin Ford Broadcast booth in here from Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. So a busy hour coming up. Yesterday at Dodger Stadium, Roki Sasaki put the Dodgers in an early hole. So Zuki a home run to left in the second. The Cubbies jumped out to a one to nothing lead. They made it two to nothing to the third on former Dodger Michael Bush's single to write. Chicago had a nothing lead and then finally the second time through the lineup, the Dodgers offense was able to get to Colin Ray at the Cub starter and it was all thanks to Maximuntsey.
Speaker 3: Time run at the plate went out in the third two nothing, Chicago to won one pitch and Monsey.
Speaker 2: Rips it to right. This ball is.
Speaker 1: Back and it is gone.
Speaker 3: Monsey with a missile and that resets Game two of the series.
Speaker 1: Home run number.
Speaker 3: Nine this season for Monsei and Moe's finally got one with a man on base.
Speaker 6: Yep, we talked, dude, desperately needed to run. Monsy says, hey, let's make it too. That looked like a launch out of Kate canaverl.
Speaker 5: Two run shot from Maximuntsey. The game was all tied up in two until it was and Moisey's and Balastro's the very next inning a home run to rights centator Field and the Cubs retook the lead three to two. With that lead for Chicago would not last long. Bottom of the fourth inning, Dodgers got some traffic on the basis Alex Freeland and RBI doubled the left almost hit it out.
Speaker 2: What off the wall the very top of the wall.
Speaker 5: The short wall in left field, it bounces back in Kim. Scores were tied at three. Then later in the fourth Dodgers with traffic still on the basis for Freddie Freeman who had a two out single, making it four to three Dodgers, and then ta Oscar Hernandez busting wide open.
Speaker 3: Dodgers looking for a big swing in a big spot, bases loaded, two outs, the old one from a side, tai.
Speaker 1: Oscar shoots one through the right side.
Speaker 2: Old Toddy is in.
Speaker 1: Here comes Freeman.
Speaker 3: Tioscar Hernandez comes through.
Speaker 6: That is such a great event. Not trying to pull the ball. You've got a guy that's struggling on the mound, coming in out of the bullpen and staying on top of the baseball and basically hitting it where it's pitched, not away from you.
Speaker 5: Great job by Oscar Hernandez going the right field with it, and it was scored too. Dodgers up six to three, and they weren't done. Dalton rushing a single to left game came run number seven and Andy Potts a single up the middle, scoring ta Oscar that made it an eight three Dodgers lead. After the Dodgers put up a sixth spot in the fourth inning, and that is the top tier play of the game, brought to by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less. Dodgers up eight to three before they were up eight to four in the fifth and then they just kept tacking on runs. In the sixth inning, Pot has a RBI double scored a pair of runs heisun Kim and RBI ground out. Andy Pote has scored on a wild pitch as the Dodgers went crazy yesterday, scoring twelve runs on fourteen hits. As the Dodgers go on and beat up on the Cubbies twelve to four. The final rookie Susaki finally picks up his first win of the season as he goes the five innings to get the win. Gave up four runs on seven hits, struck out five, but the Dodgers bullpen most employee the rest of the way put up zero's dryer kline heart eater all put up zeros as the Dodgers where they breakout performance yesterday, twelve runs, fourteen hits, six extra base hits a home run. They were seven for eighteen with runners in scoring position, to season high as they even up this best of three weekend set at a game of peace today the rubber game between the Dodgers and the Cubbies, as the Dodgers will send out Justin Robleski to the mound first pitch of one to ten and with more, let's head out to the galloping four broadcast booth as we say hello and good afternoon to Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Tim.
Speaker 3: You got kids and families strolling around the warning track here at Dodgers Stadium, as it's a Sunday Day game in the series finale for the Dodgers and the Cubs, and it's the rubber match of this three game series. The Dodgers punched back in Game number two, scoring ten plus runs for the fifth time this year in that twelve four victory, and Moe, you talked about it at the end of the game. It probably the final score does not indicate just how tight it was for a time and how tense it was at four a time for the Dodgers, but it was good to see them kind of find the fairway again, see the ball go in the hole, to use another golf metaphor, and have the bats break out the way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and for rookie Sazaki. He went through that first inning with fine fashion and served up a double play on the ground ball as well. And then the solo home run by Kurt Suzuki in the second inning, and then the Cubs got another home run by Bostos that came in the fourth inning. So early the Dodgers were down. But for Max Munsey, who played the game started to begin with, he was under the weather, but he was trying to gut it out and not trying to be a play on words either. But the two run home run that he hit in the third ending at the time tied the ballgame and it looked like well maybe on easy Street. Well, Munsey eventually had to leave the game. He's not in the lineup today either, at least not in the starting lineup. But the bats came alive in that fourth inning, from top to bottom. We've been talking about the bottom part of the lineup being really constant, but last night it was the top of the or that did some damage as well.
Speaker 3: It was good to see them get involved, and obviously the lineup is going to look a little bit different today facing a left handed starter and a outstanding one, and showed at Yamanaga as Max Munsey is out of line up, Will Smith still not in the back, still not feeling well enough for him to go, Freeland is getting a breather, and Kyle Tucker has dropped one more spot in the order from fourth to fifth as they elevate ta Oscar Hernandez and Andy Pye is to the three and four hole. So Baseball aside, I do want to get your one final thought for you and from you and your family after yesterday and all the festivities and the pomp and circumstance, which I know you feel uneasy about generally speaking, but it was certainly a special day with the flag and you give it to Josh Wawitch, the president of National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum. And I'm just wondering when when you got home last night and you're sitting down on the couch of the family with the conversation.
Speaker 6: It was overwhelming, to be honest with it was a surprise. My wife was in on some of the ins and outs before I was. But you know, my thanks to the Dodgers, a great tailor who put together his staff also put together a video that was just off the charts, you know, when he come to Dodger Stadium, and this is not a plug. This is real. When you come here. These people and I'm talking about Dodger people that put on the pregames and everything else, the video boards, it looks easy because they are so good at what they do. And my thanks to them. My thanks also that the Marine Corps was here, that a surprise statue was given, which we may have on display here at the stadium for a while. We're still trying to do that. The flag is back in New York, thank goodness. That's going to be on display for a number of months safely. But it was just a wonderful evening and I thank you also for your hospitality and my family here was well taken care of a special moment. And I think the biggest thing is is that we moved the flag now to have some exposure for those that want to go to Baseball's Hall of Fame, because we have really great feelings about this country in what their flag represents.
Speaker 3: No, I think I speak for DV. Dween and the rest of the Dodger family here in the booth. It was really cool and special for us to share yesterday with you and your family. So he deserved everything.
Speaker 8: Mo.
Speaker 3: And now that's.
Speaker 1: Enough of that.
Speaker 3: Let's get back to the baseball game a little bit later today the series finale. Tim, we'll be back a little bit later and we will give you a key.
Speaker 5: All right, appreciate it, guys, as we caunt you down to first pitch on this Sunday, Dodger fans, what are you doing for lunch?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 5: How about Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Get your game day meal, long your Shaky's Pizza chicken mojos. You can do it right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. As we leads up to first pitch, we're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll check in with David Vassa. He goes one on one with Will Klein. We'll break down this pitchy match up with a couple of Leftanders going at it. But up next you Otani, rewind Ad, we'll visit with sports and at LA's Kirson Watson. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers Incubbies on this Sunday first pitch one ten. Thanks for being with us, Tim Keates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and the Cub's Justin Robleski showtay Minaga the pitching matchup on this Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 2: First pitch set for one ten show Hey O Tony.
Speaker 5: Yesterday avoided his first four game stretch without a hit as a Dodger, as he had a single in the first inning yesterday. He finished the night one for three with two run scores and two walks. So there's no secret when the Dodgers get some production out of show Hey O Tony, like they did last night. In fact, every Dodger started last night with the base hit. The Dodgers score runs, and they win baseball games. They beat the Cubbies last night twelve to four.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 5: Hey Kirson now joins us live from the stadium before the Dodgers and comes brought to you Buy cars for kids, the easiest way to get rid of your little car. Donate today your car could be picked up tomorrow. Donating now with carsfrokids dot Org. That's Cars with the K. A second straight day no Will Smith in the lineup for Dave Roberts Garson.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and you know what, coming into this series, Dave Roberts has made it pretty clear that he wanted Will Smith to play in all three games, which is why he really balanced things when the team was on the road in San Francisco and he's not out there. So yesterday Dave Roberts said that Will's dealing with a little bit of back tightness, and he said today it's the same thing. He did say that he felt like, you know, Will could be out there today if he needed to be. They're truly looking at this as something of let's give him the time to just rest right now. There's no need to push him. Dalton Rushing has been playing very well. He works very well behind the plate with these pitchers, so and they were kind of like, you know what, it's early in the season. Let's continue to give Will a little bit more time. They're considering him essentially day to day at the moment. But Dave Roberts was asked if this continues in the next few days, is it feels like it's something that could put will Smith on the il, and he made it pretty clear that at this moment that's not something they're considering. They're really just more of let's just continue to give him a day or two to heal so that he can feel just at a better position, because realistically they did say that he could be out there right now.
Speaker 1: They're just playing it safe.
Speaker 5: Will Smith one of those guys at the top of the lineup throughout the season, and we look at what the Dodgers bottom half of the lineup was done most recently, Kirsten feels like they're.
Speaker 2: Carrying them it truly.
Speaker 9: I mean, even if you look at yesterday, the bottom of the order accounted for driving in half of the team's runs. Yesterday we saw an explosive offensive performance. But when you look at the numbers for Dodgers hitters six, six through nine last night, they were seven for eighteen. But if you look at just on the season, they have a collected three twenty nine batting average, they are at nine forty one.
Speaker 1: Ops.
Speaker 9: I mean, they look excellent right now. And so I was asking Dave Roberts just what he's been seeing from the bottom half of the order, and he is saying that, like, look, coming into the season, whenever we talk about their success, it was more of guys are taking really good at bats. Obviously, Andy Potter has has been typically the bottom of the order, so he was very much a part of that conversation, and we know what he's been able to do to start this season. But Dave today and I asked him about it. I asked him about how does it now stabilize this order, especially considering the top of the order just hasn't really gotten going to its full potential just yet, and he said what he's been seeing from the group, it's their truly exceeding expectations at the moment, maybe not necessarily for themselves individually, but for what they've been able to do and how they've been able to produce the bottom of the order for this team, it's well beyond what I think Dave Roberts the organization really could have imagined when they put together this lineup structure. So it continues to put pressure on the picture. It does continue you to lengthen things out when it comes to the order, but there is a stabilizing factor and how we've been able to see the offense get going and putting up runs and just support for the pictures.
Speaker 5: No doubt the bottom of the lineup has been big for this Dodgers team. Kirsen, we appreciate it. We'll check in with you after the game. Still I'm here on Moroco Casino Dodgers on deck. David Vatsee goes one on one with Will Climb. But up next we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts as we lead you up to Dodgers and Cubbies on this Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 2: First pitch of one ten. I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 5: Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio notWe.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season law Law.
Speaker 5: Bronggo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Sunday afternoon as we leads up to Dodgers and Cobies rubber game of this three game set Wrongo Casino Resort and Spy a Grand Slam afore good times.
Speaker 2: Justin Robleski on the mount. First pitch at one ten.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 5: Report presented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Edwin Diaz on the IL recovering from elbows surgery. He'll be back after the All Star Breakbin Consparius on the IL right shoulder inflammation, Mookie Bets on the I L with the right oblique strain, Tommy Emmon on the I L recovering from all season ankle surgery.
Speaker 2: Blake Snell on the I e L.
Speaker 5: So I'm throwing a bullpen session just a few minutes ago at Dodger Stadium because he works his way back. He already has one minor league rehab stint underneath his belt with Ontario Bruce dark Gratterol working his way back.
Speaker 2: That is good news.
Speaker 5: Brock Stewart's and Triple A Oklahoma City also working his way back. So the Dodgers trending in the right direction. Looks like as far as the injuries are concerned, Let's head back out to the stadium and check out the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 10: Anything else.
Speaker 1: The questions for Dave Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 2: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 8: No, really, no, no new news. It's one of those he could play if needed to, but we just felt it was smart to just give him an extra day and I guess put him in the day to day category.
Speaker 9: Is this something that you think you kind of want to give him some time right now and considering just how well Dull rushing.
Speaker 8: Absolutely absolutely, you know, you kind of weigh out the positives and negatives, and you know, my hope is is he's in there tomorrow. But to have Dalton going away, he's going and you know it just you know, just only seems like, you know, downside to kind of push him right now.
Speaker 3: It's something that the RECOGNI.
Speaker 1: Of the days, the quire and I know.
Speaker 8: And even talking to the training staff, it's something that again he could have played last night, he could have probably played today, but we didn't want to push it. So I don't think that Aisles, you know, any consideration.
Speaker 7: The duck hitting came back in a big way last night, and can you attribute that to and what do you expect from the Cup today?
Speaker 8: You know, I think, uh yeah, taking you know, good at bats as the goal. Obviously. I thought there was some good contact in the big part of the field, taking walks when needed. Showy I got on base a few times last night. You know, the homer certainly don't hurt, but the bottom half continues to do what they've been doing. As far as the Cubs, they're going to try to win a series just like we are. You know, they got their guy Imon Naga going and Justin's went on the baseball really well, so like you know him going today, so it should be a good one today.
Speaker 5: All right, there's the manager Dave Roberts with the media just a few minutes ago. Well, we continue here on Maronggo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We check in with David Vasay, get to the very latest, how sick is Max Munsey, and will showy Otani pitching next. Dave's got the answers when we come back. As we lead you up to Dodgers and Cubs first pitcher uniclow Field, the Dodgers Stadium's coming up at one ten of Tim Katz's the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, it is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and Cubbies on this Sunday afternoon Justin Robluski on the on First Bitch of one ten Todgers Baseball is brought to by Alpoto, born in la and made for your Gameedale Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, salsas, and hot sauces right to your table.
Speaker 2: El Pato is gourmet and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David basse Ry DV.
Speaker 5: The Dalton Rushing we saw last year compared to the Dalton Rushing we're seeing right now in twenty twenty six, completely different.
Speaker 1: Why.
Speaker 4: I just think he's a lot more relaxed and he came into spring training with a different mindset than what he had in the middle of last year. Because let's not forget when the Dodgers decided to part ways with Austin Barnes. That took everybody by surprise, including Dalton Rushing, who's been the man starting every day going back to high school. So it wasn't something he was used to, and he had to just change the way he approaches things, including the way he changed his swing to be ready to play once or twice a week. But now here he is getting a lot of opportunities with Freddie Freeman going on paternity leave, with Will Smith having back stiffness, And when we were in Denver, I asked him whether or not he's having more fun than he did last year.
Speaker 7: David, I think you know the answer to that.
Speaker 11: Obviously, it's been pretty fun here early on, and successes came my way. I'm taking better at bats, I'm carrying myself with more confidence on the field. But at the end of the days, we still gotta win baseball games, and that's the main thing about being a Dodger, and the fact that we've done so to a certain extent so early is pretty special. But we need to get out here and get another one today.
Speaker 4: He has a lot of edge and he brings that with him. You could see it on the field, whether he's catching or whether he's hitting. But I know some of the veteran players on this team told him to be a little bit more careful with how honest he is with the media because he don't want to go viral twice the same road trip, Davi.
Speaker 5: Is brought to you by the Fordon Maverick Motor trends in North American Truck of the Year, the Forton Maverick is everything you need, the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon at the best MSRP. If it's category, it's time to see ford and at a new light. Go to your Southern California four dealers today. He's not in the lineup today, David Max Munsey, how sick is he?
Speaker 4: Well, if you remember in San Francisco last week, Max Munsey was supposed to join us on the pregame show and something he has never done is cancel last minute, and he said, you know, I'm just feeling something from Denver. Well, he got what a lot of other guys have had. Even going back to the road trip where the Dodgers were in Toronto, It's made its way through the clubhouse. Even Alex Freeland has caught it. So I would say that Dave Roberts day game, after a night game, we've all been sick under the weather. Munsey was on base three times last night, including a game tying two run home run, but a good opportunity to get Santiago Espin all in there and hopefully for Munsey to kick this and I hope that it's run through the team and it's over with. But yeah, I've been trying to dodge it and trying to stay out of that clubhouse because a lot of guys have got these cold flu like symptoms over the course of the last three weeks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one guy. We can't afford to get sick as you David. Oh, yeah, show hey Otani. Inquiring minds want to know when is he going to pitch next?
Speaker 4: Well, when we came to the ballpark on the notes, it had Tyler Glass Now pitching next Tuesday, but Dave Roberts clarified that and said the Dodgers are not going to pitch Otani on Wednesday, getaway day, with a travel day the following day, like they have all season long. They've lined up his starts where there's not a game the very next day for as much as they can. But they are keeping Otani on schedule. And if you remember what Andrew Freeman told us yesterday, the Dodgers are considering a few different options, maybe not having Otani hit the day after he pitches, not necessarily just looking at the day that he pitches, not having him d h. So we'll see how it plays out next week against the Marlins.
Speaker 2: We shall see David Gray stuff.
Speaker 5: We'll check back in with you in just a little bit coming up here on Wrongo because you know, Dodgers on deck, we will hear from Will Klein, will dive deeper to this benchy matchup. We'll all still check in with Charlie Steiner. But up next for Dodgers Magical Moment, Don't go Anywhere. Dodgers and Cobbs, first pitcher, one ten. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's a Dodgers and Cobbs on this Sunday sun is starting to break through here in the South is the clouds are still there. Cool afternoon. Justin Robuskie showed up in Monaga. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 1: Hot Dog, who wants a hot It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawk Hot Dogs.
Speaker 5: With the Dodgers taken on the Cobbies, we go back to twenty seventeen, the NLCS Game five at Wrigley Field in Chicago, a night Key k Hernandez will never forget. He went deep, not once, not twice, but three times.
Speaker 2: Montgomery delivers. There's a fly ball to center field.
Speaker 7: It's on its way and.
Speaker 1: It is done.
Speaker 10: A home run, Keith Kee Hernandez, a two run shot.
Speaker 7: It is eleven to one.
Speaker 10: He is never gonna have a night like this again, and few in baseball ever will Key Kee Hernandez.
Speaker 5: Key k Hernandez hits three home runs, drives in seven, helping the Dodgers win their first pennant since nineteen eighty eight with the winner of the Chicago Cubs. We of course know what happened in the World Series with the Houston Astros cheating their way to a championship. This Hofey Magical bumber brought to buy Hoffey hot Dogs Hoffey Soko's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 2: Hoffey hot Dogs Local so great.
Speaker 5: When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check in with Charlie Steiner for leading up to Dodgers and Cubs on this Sunday. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Cubs.
Speaker 5: Justin Robleski showed out in Monaga the pitching matchup final game of this three game set. Cupies won the first game Friday night. Dodgers pounded the Chicago Cubs last night. Time now for the Verizon startup is we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your so Calverizon store. Today we hand things off.
Speaker 7: To Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 10: All right, Tim Mo, how was your night last night?
Speaker 6: Overwhelming? Really it was. It was lovely and my thanks to so many different people. Dodgers have pulled this thing off. The United States Marine Corps also with the presentation, it was really, I think heartfelt overwhelming. I thought the biggest thing was is that the flag was given to Josh Rowits, the president of the National Baseball Hall of Fame, So he took possession of it right after the seventh inning and on a private jet they sent it back to New York.
Speaker 7: So it's going to go on display.
Speaker 6: For about four months at least in the Hall of Fame beginning in a few weeks too, So we've been working on this for about well over thirteen months with the Hall of Fame and trying to get it. I mean, they have been just absolutely impeccable. But last night was one of those wonderful moments that I was thrilled to have my family, part of my family with me, and it was a wonderful celebration and we had a very nice talk with all of us privately after the ballgame and then went out to dinner and had just a lovely, lovely.
Speaker 10: I'm so glad you were able to embrace the moment because, knowing you reasonably well now after twenty two years, you kind of like me, kind of reluctant to take all that stuff in and then you do and it's an occupational hazard. But it was certainly a lot more than that for you last night, and I'm throughed well, and it was a big surprise.
Speaker 6: Barbaraly eventually faced up to it later on and she knew what was kind of coming down the pike. Again. I've got to say this, a Greg Taylor. You and I worked with Greg and the audio visual and the pregame ceremonies for Greg and his entire crew.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 6: They put together just a magnificent presentation on a video. How they handle things. They make it look very very easy because they're that good at what they do.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, they're very very good.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 10: So it's the rubber game of the three game set today and the Dodgers, with the win last night, eighteen nine second place, half a game behind the Padres. They've gone five and five in the last ten. Clubs are seventeen and ten. Their second place in the Central Division, a game behind the Reds twelve to four. Shlack And finally the Dodger offense came to life. And what was so interesting about the Dodger offense last night? As has been the case quite often this year, the seven, eight and nine hitters.
Speaker 6: Delivered absolutely and if you look at it, you know the Dodgers were not what you would consider quote unquote full strength. Will Smith did not play a little bit of tenderness in his back. Well, he's not going to be in there today either. They'll take the extra day. Max Munsey was in there for three innings. Boy, what an effective three innings, including the the two run home run that tied the game. Even though he's under the weather, his home run tied the game in that third inning, and then Max left the ball game. Munsey, by the way, not in the starting lineup today. He is available. And for this Dodger Buckle, I agree with you, is if the the offense got going from top to bottom. Show hey Otani, for example, was on base three different times last night, had a stolen base on top of it. And then we look at the bullpen, and if you look at the bullpen, four different relievers did not allow a run to the Cubs last night.
Speaker 10: Collectively, the Dodgers were able to exhale those seven eight and nine hitters pie as Kim Freeland two hits a piece, the major league batting average the seven eight and nine hitters throughout Major League Baseball two thirty four and a six sixty six OPS. The Dodgers seven eight and nine hitters collectively hitting three thirty seven and a nine to thirty six OPS. Now look ahead to today and it would appear to be a pretty good pitcher's duel, although not necessarily. Baseball's biggest names showed a Inmanaga of the Cubs two and one of two seventeen eer Justin rode Busky at three and oh one eighty seven for the Dodgers. Think about Robleski, he is looking to become the first Dodger starter to win his first four games of a season since Chad Billingsley in two thousand and nine.
Speaker 6: Well, he's a guy. Also, really, if you look at both of these guys in today's game, obviously they're both left handed, they also throw high percentage of strikes early in the count. And if we look at also, I noticed something very interesting with Robleski in with Imanaga, if you look at the top of the order numbers one, two, and three, Robleski collectively is given just a one fifty six against the top of opposing lineups. What about Imanaga, Well, he's got the lowest average of any pitcher in batting against numbers one, two and three, just a one oh five. So the moral story the Dodgers may have to have the bottom of the lineup come through yet again. Because of the effectiveness of both of these pitchers early in the games.
Speaker 7: One would think, here we are, just before the.
Speaker 10: Game seeing another twelve run output by either team with these two starters, is will likely be somewhat of a surprise, and after today the Marlins come in for a three game series before the Dodgers hit the road again.
Speaker 7: So rubber game of.
Speaker 10: The three game set Dodgers and Cubs coming up.
Speaker 2: Jim, all right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 5: Dodgers Baseball presented by Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium. Visit Uniclo dot com, slash e us still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. Before first pitch, we'll get you a preview this pitching matchup. Rickle be back with Stephen Nelson to get you the keys of the game. But up next to go high and tight with Dodger reliever Will Climb. Dodgers Cubbies rubber game of there's three game set from the Ravine.
Speaker 2: First pitch of one to ten.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim Kases to back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, it's Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official Shill Home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Cubs. The rubber game of this three game set. Copies won on Friday. Dodgers blew them out yesterday. Justin Robleski showed out in Monaga. The pitching matchup. We'll have deeper into the numbers for both these guys coming up in just a couple of minutes.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is.
Speaker 5: Brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 1: David and now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 4: It's Sunday Funday at Dodgers Stadium. And last night was a fun day for the Dodgers as they put up twelve runs and the Dodger bullpenk came in to relieve Roki Sasaki and keep the Cubs where they were, and Will Klein was a big part of that. Will, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 7: Appreciate it. Yeah, thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: Finally, Yeah, I know, sorry, Will, there's a long line. It's okay, you could tell I'm so. I'm so in demand, right. Everybody wants to be part of the show.
Speaker 7: Everyone wants to be you, everyone wants to off to you.
Speaker 4: I don't know, well, how fun was last night that sixth inning? Uh, bases loaded, two outs in the sixth inning, really no margin for error, and you found a way to get the Dodgers out of that inning.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean it was great like that. It worked out how it was supposed to. Like Jack came in, you know, got his lefties, and I got ready to come in and get the writing and just to be able to come in like in that spot with you know, baseloaded two outs, like like you said, no no margin for air, just come in like attack them and you know, get a get a good result out of it. Like that was huge, like I know, and then going out and scoring four runs the next inning, I think that just kind of put it put the game to bed there. So it was cool to be able to shut it down.
Speaker 4: For you to come in with the bases loaded and the inning without allowing a run and then coming back out for the seventh. As a picture, do you feed off the momentum of what just took place?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think, you know, everyone on the team can kind of feel, but especially like doing that and then we score four runs, you just kind of feel like they're you know, they're kind of fading away a little bit, like you know, they back down a little bit when when that kind of stuff happens. And so just be able to go out and like you know, keep keep your foot on their neck and you know, keep it going and then put up another zero so our guys can go and score more, and then so Kyle and Jake can come out and put up more zeros. It's just it's kind of a wheel that just keeps rolling, like when you when you get in motion. So it's fun, all right.
Speaker 4: So when you do all that and you still have that beard and that mustache, how are you able to, uh, to maintain the composure?
Speaker 7: What do you say?
Speaker 4: Blake Trenton's over here. He's put me up to some questions about your facial hair.
Speaker 7: Will kleinb if.
Speaker 12: The fans really want to hear about Will Klein And I'm gonna be brief, but I think to the fans, we need to do a running poll, do a call in tally. Okay, whenever people actually want to talk to you, David, and the majority wins if they if they say he looks better with a mustache, or if they'd like to see a rally like no Mo Rat Lift not just a mustache, it's mustache with the beard or beard no mustache.
Speaker 7: I'm getting there.
Speaker 12: We have to shave the mustache full amish wow, because listen, Luis Garcia phenomenal beard.
Speaker 7: It's a different look like but it's but his was you know, better, like maintained, like well kept mind both.
Speaker 12: Massive individuals that throw gas and no one's gonna question a bare lip. Okay, it's a little bit more respect. They're gonna be up there like, oh my gosh, there's no hair there. You're in a good spot. You already throw a hundred Okay, fan call let me know how it goes, all right, Blake Trying disagreement.
Speaker 4: I mean, all I see is an Amish beard.
Speaker 12: Sorry, I'm sorry to your wife for putting you on the spot. I'll get you guys some flowers.
Speaker 7: Okay, I don't know. I don't know if she'd be too enthralled by no mustache.
Speaker 4: But how long has it taken for you to grow the beard? I'm thank you to Blake Trying for adding to today's interview.
Speaker 7: Out of here.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 7: I mean, so when I was coming up with the Royals, we had a rule where you can only have a mustache, and I think that got I mean got removed in like twenty two or so, but for a while there is just like same thing. In college, I never had a beard, so it was all mustache and so kind of the second the rule got, you know, uh just knicks like I was immediately like grew the beard and it's like stayed there. I've trimmed it after the World Series last year, like I cut it like a little bit shorter and stuff and let it grow. But you know, during the season I kind of just you know, let it go and see how long it can get. And I guess it's part of the look. Yeah, and that is you like be able to like, you know, stroke my beard out there menacingly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah, it's all about intimidation and presence. Part of the look is is what gets you going.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, they don't know if if I have like a bird hiding there or.
Speaker 4: Something, but yeah, hey, Alex BESSI has taken a queue from your beard tips due.
Speaker 7: I mean he's got a good beard. The fact that he was just like willingly not having that thing, like and then just out of like he's got the full beer. I'm like, it's a great beard, so he might be up there. It's got a little ginger in it too though, so he's coming around. But yeah, he's got a good beer. We've got some good beards on the team. LOUI had a good beard last year too. The no mustache is just ah, I can't get around that.
Speaker 4: But well, we'll get some feedback on this. You could tweet me at the Real Underscore DV when it comes to Will Klein's facial grooming. Hey, all that being said, that's just an example of the fun you guys have in the bullpen. You're one of the newer guys in that bullpen. What is the teasing like amongst you guys that are newly arrived?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean it's it's just stuff like that. The other guys that have been around like have you know jokes they do, and it's it's all in like fun, like we all just have fun together. There's no like, no one ever gets but hurt about anything, like we all know. It's it's in good fun, you know, like stuff like that. You know, I wouldn't ever shave my mustache, but if trying to, you know, gets the fans to want me to shave my mustache. You know, sure, but it's like it's like, you know, just stuff like that. And Tanner has always got a bundle of energy out there, so he's a real hoot. And you know, I mean Vestia too, like you se him on the mound like, same thing, like and everyone like all the new guys, uh like Jake coming up like he's been great. I mean Kyle too, like he just I mean, he's a pretty funny guy. So it's I mean, there's a lot of a lot of jokes and and and fun and had out there.
Speaker 4: Will thanks a lot for the time. This interview went a different direction than I did, but we'll do it again and we'll get more into just how much of a hero you've been for the Dodgers out of the bullpen, not only in last year's World Series, but obviously you're doing something right because you're keeping it going. So thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 7: Thanks for having me there.
Speaker 4: He is the man will climb with a mustache and ginger beard. You receive a gift card to Hobber's brand new location in Pasadena. Check them out a great spot for Mother's Day. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, thanks a lot, DV.
Speaker 5: Lean you up to first pitch Dodgers and Cobbies up next. We're gonna dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim kas Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Lean you up to Dodgers in Cubs final game of the three game series, first pitcher, Uniclo Field, the Dodgers Stadium, coming up at one ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching mat brought.
Speaker 5: To you by your Toyota dealers. We make it easy. Showtime Monaga on the mound for the Cubbies. Two and one two seventeen era, thirty two year old left tender out of Japan, pitched eight seasons there was a four time All Star before coming over to the major leagues. Third season in the Big Leagues, all with the Cubbies. Making his six start this year last time out, seven innings, one run, three hits, one strikeout in a win over the Phillies. Before that, six innings, one run, eleven strikeouts, also in a win over Philadelphia. Even na guys not allowed more than a one run in four straight starts, with a one thirteen RRA during that stretch, his third lowest mark in the National League, currently in the fifth.
Speaker 2: Lowest in the major leagues.
Speaker 5: He's one to oh with the three forty eight ERA and four career starts against the Dodgers. Another left tender going for the Blue Justin Robleski three and oh with the one eighty eight RRA. The twenty five year old left tender in his third season now with the Dodgers, and he's literally done it all. He's been a starter or leaver, a bulketing guy, high leverageer, lever at the bullpen, and even an opener. Now as the starter making his four start, fifth appearance. In his three starts, this is how good he's been. He's three and oh with a a sub one EERRA, allowing twelve hits, four walks, and striking out seven. Last time out seven eighties, one run, eight hits, three strikeouts on a win over the Rockies. This is his first time facing the Cubbies. Justin Robleski showed out in Minaga. The pitching matchup Dodgers Cubbies were fifteen minutes away from first pitch.
Speaker 2: Keys to the game are coming up next. Don't you go anywhere?
Speaker 5: Tim Kase is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the blue All season.
Speaker 2: Log Dodgers Cubs.
Speaker 5: Jester Robleski showed I Minaga the pitching matchup as we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo starts.
Speaker 2: Ah, great moments. Start with the Supporo beer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, whatever your taste preference to Poro as you cover with the variety of crisp and refreshing loggers including a light and non alcoholic beers available. Soporo good with sushi, great with baseball. Let's go back out to the booths one final time before first pitch, Steven Nelson, Rig Monday, guys.
Speaker 3: All right, Tim Kates first pitch in just a moment, one more time, Rick Monday, give.
Speaker 2: Me a key for today's game or player to.
Speaker 6: Watch with the net. Well, I think here's the deal. Both of these pitchers today have really been able to sit down the top of the orders numbers one, two, and three in opposing lineups. Ribleski has held the top of the order to just a one to fifty six batting average in his first three starts, plus one relief appearance for Amanaga. In his five starts, he's handled the number one, two, and three hitters to one oh five average. That's the lowest in Major League Baseball. These guys throw strikes. They can throw aw speed pitch, and the question is how many chases on elevated fast balls both sides today?
Speaker 3: All right, Tim, we'll get it back to you. Chowte Imanaga, Justin Robleski and the Dodger left you will throw out the first pitch next.
Speaker 5: All right, the rubber game of this three game series coming up. Don't forget after the game, David Vets has got you cover with all the highlights, postgame reaction of course, Dodger talk as well Dodge Cubbies. Final game of this three game series, Home steank continues tomorrow with the Miami Marlins coming in for three against the Dodgers. But first thing, first win this series. Justin Robleski takes the mound next and enjoined everybody, I'm Tim Kates and this is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network