Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 4: You have to fight off being satisfied.
Speaker 1: Your free game look at the back to back World Champion Dodgers is brought to you by Alignment Health Plan. Welcome to a new era of a g spectrum and by your so called Chevy Dealers Togevin. Let's dry now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers tam Cats.
Speaker 3: Hi everybody, and welcome in to my Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Monday, March thirtieth, twenty twenty six to back world champion Los Angeles Dodgers three and ozho to start this season. After a three game sweep of the Snakes, the Dodgers opening homestand continues tonight with the beginning of a three game series against the Cleveland Guardians. Roki Sasaki on the mound, first pitch from uniclough Field. That Dodger Stadium is coming up in seven to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck, including hearing from Dodger catcher Will Smith, who gets the night off, but he'll go one on one with David Vese in forty five minutes.
Speaker 4: We'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: Coming up in about twenty minutes, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We got your Dodgers magical moment coming up in thirty minutes. Shortly we'll visit with Kirsten Watson, your O Tawni Rewind coming up, Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday at the gallopin Ford Broadcast Booth in just a couple of minutes. Well, the Dodgers were off yesterday before that on Saturday night, they finished off a sweep of the Snakes. Tyler Glass now got the start and six innings. He allowed two runs on four hits while striking out six along the way. The Diamondbacks, like they did in the first two games of this series, jumped out to the early lead. They were up two to nothing as they failed though to hold that lead again, this time Peven Smith the two out RBI single in the first in Corbyn Carrol sacked flying the third off Tyler Glass Now and the Dodgers were in a hole, down two to nothing. Arizona starter eduard O Rodriguez meanwhile gave the Dodgers hitters some fits. He went five innings, gave up a run on four hits while striking out five the first five innings really good. In the sixth inning, Dodgers down two to nothing, when Kyle Tucker let off the inning, reaching base on an air that would send Rodriguez to the bench. The Snakes would go to their bullpen. After a pitching change, Mookie Betch flew out, Will Smith grounded out, so two down. Kyle Tucker now at second when Freddy Freeman came through.
Speaker 2: Three ball, one strike pitch to Freeman. Lway's a go set. He kicks fires Man. Freddie hits him inside a third, down the line, play ball.
Speaker 6: Tucker will around third.
Speaker 2: He'll score Freeman around first.
Speaker 6: He is in a second base with a double.
Speaker 2: The five hundred forty eight career double for Freddie Freeman is now tied Alex Rodriguez on the all time list thirty third all time, and he drives into Dodgers first run of the game and represents the tying run at second base.
Speaker 3: Freddie Freeman delivering with the RBI double. He went three for four, ending an zero for eight skid to start the season. Dodgers down two to one. Fast forward to the eighth, little two out magic Mookie Betts, a two out walk, next batter, Will Smith fell behind two, then a couple of balls. It was a two to two count. Fouled up a couple of pitches. Pitch seven of the bat, Will Smith went yard.
Speaker 6: Two ball, two strike pitch from Mario to Smith.
Speaker 7: Will swings heads up, high drive to center field and deep this ball back this pop.
Speaker 1: Will Smith Happy birthday.
Speaker 7: Dodgers lead three to two. I wanna go ahead home run at the bottom of the eighth with two outs, have two strikes. Second home run of the season for Smith, four hundred and fourteen feet to ted center field.
Speaker 3: Will Smith delivers on his bobble head nine on his birthday. With the top tier play the game, brought to by Arco Quality top tier gas for less. The two run home run to center field and the bottom half of the eighth inned would give the Dodgers the lead.
Speaker 4: Will kleinb gets the win. Edwin Diaz with the.
Speaker 3: Trumpets of Blair and at Dodgers Stadium picked up to save his second of the season, pitching the ninth as the Dodgers finish off Arizona with a three to two win.
Speaker 4: Over the time, They're now three and zero to start this season.
Speaker 3: After a weird Sunday off day yesterday, the Dodgers' homestay continues tonight, first of three against the Cleveland Guardians. Rookie Sasaki on the mount in his first start of the year, first pitch coming up at seven to ten, and with more we head out to the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth as we welcome in Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Guys, all right, tim second series of the season. Dodgers, of course, off to the perfect start, three comeback wins, the raising of the championship banner on Thursday, the ring ceremony on Friday, Will Smith's game winning home run on his bobblehead night no Less, by the way, other Bobblehead Night, home run hitters for the Dodgers Manny Ramirez, hanglo Vermires, Juan Yuribay, Yasiel Puig, Cody Bellinger twice, and Mookie Betts. But all in all, most it could not have been a more perfect opening series for the Dodgers. By the way, they're three and zero. The rest of the National League is won and eleven.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and it's severey good star, no question about it. Remember last year Dodgors went eight and oh before they dropped their first decision. It's a nice way to go because the magnifying glass is there. Are they looked at as the villain? Quote unquote, who cares?
Speaker 10: I thought?
Speaker 9: Mookie Bets put it nicely. So the games, the ending of the games will dictate who the good guys are and the bad guys are. The Dodgors have a very good team, and we can underline that. Now they have to play consistently good baseball. And they're off to that very good start. You know what gets lost a little bit in the transition, which, by the way, they need to have a lot more of the bobbleheads in particular, maybe even multi bobblehead nights. Here's the thing, that maybe gets unnoticed for those on the radio. Here's how many runs the bullpen has given up in case you cannot see my fingers, it's for good reason. Zero is the number to this point.
Speaker 8: Eleven and two thirds shutout and nine strikeouts, two walks.
Speaker 6: And if there was a ify part of their season last year was the bullpen.
Speaker 8: And now certainly three games in there's a strength and they've got a legitimate closer in da and Charlie.
Speaker 9: I think, especially too in the beginning of a season, because the starters are still.
Speaker 10: Not stretched out that far.
Speaker 9: We'll find out how far rookie Susaki is going to go into night's bowl game and trying to turn things around. Kind of a disappointing spring, no question about that end of it, so they'll be looking at it. But the bullpen to me seems rather solidified in their roles, and sometimes there are some years with some bullpens it takes them a month or two to understand the roles they're going to be called upon.
Speaker 8: Well, we've got Diaz and the trumpet in coming out of the bullpen is a spectacular show. And oh, by the way he gets on the mountains.
Speaker 6: Spectacular.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, they when he gets on the mound for hitters, it may seem like at home plate they're turning off the lights of the stadium.
Speaker 10: When the pitch is on his way.
Speaker 9: There's a lot of hoopla, There's no question about it. But these guys are up to the challenge because I think they understand full well they can do something that has never been done in the National League. Win three consecutive World championships.
Speaker 8: And we welcome Tatiana Tait and her trumpet. It is such an exciting moment for Daz to come out of the bullpen. The lights are flashing and there goes the trumpet.
Speaker 9: And you know, it's really nice about it. It even surprised him because he did not know ahead of time that there was going to be a live trumpet player, uh bugling, if you will.
Speaker 1: As he entered the ball game.
Speaker 8: It was a terrific first weekend. Cleveland Guardians are in for the first of this three game series. We'll get to the lineups and the first pitch a little later on Tim.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, Charlie, as we got you down to first pitch.
Speaker 3: Dodger fans get that game day meal on Shakey's Pizza parlor. You're gonn order your Shaky's Pizza Chicken. The mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 4: Coming up here, I'm Wrongo Causino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 3: You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. David Vasse checks in throughout the hour. We'll break down this pitching matchup. We'll hear from Will Smith, your magical moment. All that's coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Guardians on this Monday night.
Speaker 4: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim kase Is, the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Networks.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Huntings on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Cleveland Guardians on this Monday night. Rokie Susaki gets the first start of the year.
Speaker 4: First Bitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewind Well Show.
Speaker 3: I Otani had a quiet Saturday night, but the Dodgers still picked up the victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks. As the Dodgers move on from their World Series celebration, of course, the banner opening Day ring ceremony all that now behind the Dodgers and they get ready to start this three game series against the Cleveland Guardians.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 3: And Kirsen now joins us from the stadium before the Dodgers and Guardians. Is the Dodgers homest and continues brought to you Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old cars. Just donate it today and your car can be picked up tomorrow. Donat now Carsfourkids Dot organ that's Cars with a K. Dodgers back at it today, Kirsten after a rare Sunday off and the Guardians in town playoff team a year ago, and well, Roki Sasaki makes his twenty twenty six debut.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and you know what, there's kind of there's gonna be a lot of eyes on Rokie tonight because he's unfortunately coming into a situation where he did have a tougher spring. The results weren't necessarily there. He had a lot of walks, and so you know, Dave Robertson the organization have been very clear that they believe and what Rokie has been able to do, maybe outside of those results and the signs he's been showing. We saw what he did in the postseason last year after battling shoulder injury and then really showing up for his team, So they're hoping he can lock back into that tonight. Dave Roberts did's share that he had a bullpen just earlier this week in which the stuff looked better as more consistent with his throw in the strike zone. So they're really hoping that he can just carry that over into tonight. It is about compete mode. They want to see him go out there and attack the Guardian's hitters, and he's saying that, you know, he did work there a few small mechanical changes, just small things here and there, and that they do believe is going to put him in a better position. So he does have the support of the bullpen. The bullpen has been excellent as of late, but in specific justin Robleski. He of course broke camp, but the team had a really strong spring training and the question was could he potentially be that sixth starter or could this be a piggyback situation, And they have decided, just considering what they've seen with Rokie and some of those results, to protect him. They have Justin Robleski as a piggyback option for him if need be.
Speaker 4: Behind the play tonight.
Speaker 3: Will Smith not in the lineup after his heroics on Saturday night on his bobblehead night and his birthday, but dal Russian behind the plane.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, first I should say, you know, for Will Smith in that final game of the Diamondback series, he actually was supposed to be off that day, but definitely was like, it's my bubblehead night. I want to be out there. And honestly, we go back last year he wasn't playing with babb blah head night and even Dave Roberts was teasing that. His wife Trisha was like, the guys need to be out there on their babblehead night.
Speaker 1: You know, that's when the big moments happened.
Speaker 11: And of course we saw the big moment on Saturday. So that was great for him, But that does mean they wanted to give him a day.
Speaker 1: Off in this series.
Speaker 11: So he's down today as you mentioned, so Dalton Rushing is going to be behind the plate. Dalton obviously had majority of the work this spring just because Will was away from the team at the World Baseball Classic with Team USA. So Dalton's in a really good spot, made a few mechanical changes to his swing, is really seeing the results, and also is just feeling more confident in who he is at the big league level. Obviously, he saw him make his debut last year, so he comes in this year just with a complete different kind of mindset and framework. So he's feeling really good, So expect to see, you know, some good stuff with him behind the plate, and also just working closely with Rokey and helping him navigate through this out.
Speaker 3: Hopefully rookie Sasaki gets on track tonight. Hasn't been there during the spring, but hey, regular seasons here and we'll see if he's able to get through a couple of anying's. Thank you, curious to still to come here. I'm Marango Casino. Dodgers on deck. We'll tp deeper into this pitching matchup David vasegos one on one with Will Smith.
Speaker 4: But up next we'll get you an injury.
Speaker 3: Report and we'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts get his pregame thoughts leading up to the series opener. Dodgers and Guardians. First pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: Brongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you up to first pitch. Dodgers and the Guardians Maronggo Casino Resorted Spa a Grand Slam for a good time Rookie Sasaki and Parker Messek. The pitching matchup First Pitch set for seven ten. It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report presented by UCLA Health, the official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tommy Evan starts the year on the IL by doing baseball activities and towards a comeback with the Dodgers. After offse He's an ankle surgery sometime in May. Blake Snell trending that direction as well. Some good news as far as Kiki Hernandez, who starts the year on the sixty day i L. He is doing baseball activities, taking batting practice, so he is training in the right direction. Dave Roberts over the weekend, alluding that he might be ready to go as soon as that sixty day IL stent comes to an end Brock Stewart, Bruce dar Grader at Land and Nak, Gavin Stone and Evan Phillips also on the il let's head back out to the stadium and get the pregame. Thought to the Dodgers skipper, any.
Speaker 10: Questions for Dave Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 12: The dugouts with Dave Roberts, I feel, you know, he had a good pen the other day. I think he's in a good headspace, so you know, hopefully we can just kind of he can just get past, you know, all the spring and kind of the inconsistencies of the spring and and get to pitching. One games matter. So I think for me it's you know, go out there and I mean we've got to attack. We have to attack and uses mix and try to be as efficient as possible and get some length out of him as a starter.
Speaker 6: And just let it out and listen out.
Speaker 12: It was more the consistency of the throw, the execution, and you know, just talking to the pitching guys, they were all pretty encouraged and even Roki was had a little smile when I asked him how it was. So that was a good sign.
Speaker 10: Brandon was sort of saying, they even put the blows down last year.
Speaker 6: Who's able to obvious keeps games?
Speaker 10: Wasn't you have stressed with this click that.
Speaker 13: Experience last year, using that maybe building block into what this can be going forward.
Speaker 12: You know, I think that in different ways. I think that you know, pitchers have have the confidence that they feel that they expect a lot of them of themselves. So I think for me, it's just framing it that we need length, We need you to to because we can't. You know, we got to get some innings out of our starters, you know, to knock tax the pen and with our offense, you know, just keep us in games. But I think that you know, he's expecting to go out there and pitch really well, and that kind of mindset is a good thing. But I think, yeah, so I think the way to kind of you know, cut both sides of it is just saying, you know, give us some length out of your start and we'll go from there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, there's manager Dave Roberts. Yeah, he's absolutely right. A fifteen e r and four starts. A couple of times he was taken out of an inning and then brought back to reset in spring training. You can do that, you can't do it during the regular season, so the Dodgers need a different Rookie Sasaki dials in here in his first start. Well we continue here. I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on debt. We'll check it with the David vad things. We're leading up to pitch on this Monday Dodgers and Guardians cloud starting to come in, cooling down here in southern California. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 4: Thanks you for being with us.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kates. Is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's a Dodger saying Cleveland Guardians on this Monday night. Rookie Sisaki takes the hill, first pitch coming up at seventh Hiden. But Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Al Pato, born in LA and made for your game day. A Poto brings authentic Mexican style to mento sauces, salsas and hot sauces.
Speaker 4: El Pato Gourmet and a.
Speaker 1: Can joining Tim kits on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Base all right, DV.
Speaker 3: We talked during the Freeway Series rookie Sasaki against the Angels in his last start before the regular season. He needed to turn the page, get right, do something different than what he was doing during spring training, and he went out and had the same result. What does he got to do tonight to get back on track.
Speaker 5: It's easy throw strikes and that's something that he's had trouble with. You know, we talked about when spring training began, going back to Dodger Fest, when Roki told us that he was trying to develop a third pitch. It just seems like he's thinking way too much on the mound. And that's not for me. That's from Dave Roberts and the Japanese media. Tim As you know, they do not keep a comfortable distance from the Japanese pitchers and players that they cover. They really get close up, especially in bullpen sessions, and a few of the Japanese media members told me that in Sasaki's last bullpen session, he was all over the place. He was just as erratic in his bullpen session as he has been in games.
Speaker 6: So fast forward to tonight. There's no secrets.
Speaker 1: Justin.
Speaker 5: Robleski is on high alert to come into this game whenever needed. Dave Roberts and the Dodgers are hoping they won't need him until maybe the fifth inning, but he is ready, and you know at some point the Dodgers are going to go to Robleski. You just hope that it's later rather than sooner. In this game, David is brought to by Ford. It's Ford Truck Month. Now is the best time to get a Ford truck. Hurry though, because Ford Truck Month only happens once a year. Go to your Southern California Ford dealers today. Blake Snell starts the year on the injured list. David, what's the latest. Well, he told me earlier today that he is biting and wanting to come back sooner rather than later, but the Dodgers are not letting him skip any steps. He still hasn't thrown to hitters. He threw another bullpen session today. Snell told me that he will not throw to hitters until after the Dodgers return from this upcoming road trip, So he's gonna stay back, but he's expected to throw the hitters. When the Dodgers returned from their first road trip of the season, and Dave Roberts made it very clear that they're not expecting Snail to come back until the middle or end of May, and look, that's just the reality of it. He may not like it, but you can't skip steps. The Dodgers want him to come back and never look back.
Speaker 3: David, I saw you on social media standing next to a guy on the field.
Speaker 4: You're taller than this guy.
Speaker 1: Who is it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's Alabama quarterback Ty Simpson, who is eligible for the NFL Draft. He's in town and Dave Roberts has become very friendly with the Alabama football coach, so he found out that Ty Simpson was in town and wanted to invite him to his very first Dodger game. Simpson actually told me Tim I had a chance to visit with him. He told me he's a huge baseball fan. He grew up in the Nashville area and actually played on the same travel ball team that Mookie Betts played on. Obviously there's an age difference, but that travel team and the coach was the same as when Mookie Betts played on it, and he also told me he wanted to continue the baseball dream at Alabama, but Nick Saban told him, no chance. You are the quarterback for Bama. You are not pursuing your baseball dreams. He told me he was a shortstop and outfielder and was a big enough fan growing up out there in Nashville. He followed LSU and Vanderbilt College baseball. He actually went to the Dansby Swanson baseball clinic when he was a young kid. So Ty Simpson a big baseball fan and a special guest of Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: Tonight.
Speaker 3: Who knows, maybe he's wearing a Rams uniform next year, we'll find out.
Speaker 6: I would love him part of the ramilly for sure. Bring him home. I let him know too.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you did all right.
Speaker 3: Davin coming up here, I'm wrong a casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from Will Smith, but I'm next your magical moment. Don't go anywhere. Dodgers and Guardians. First pitch of seven ten. I'm Tim Kass, back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Guardians squaring off three game series. Rookie Sasaki Parker messok the pitching matchup. First pitch, coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: Without a hot Dog who wants the hot It's time for the Haffey Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawpy Hot Times.
Speaker 3: We go back to June thirteenth, twenty seventeen, Dodgers in Cleveland taking on the Guardians.
Speaker 4: When Cody Bellinger hit a bomb.
Speaker 6: Two and one to Bellinger and the pitch fly ball the right field. It's deep, it is on its.
Speaker 7: Way, and back at the wall it is going home run Cody Bellinger.
Speaker 8: Robertson leaped as high as he could three hundred and seventy five feet from the plate.
Speaker 6: Bellinger with the home run, his sixteenth of the year, and the Dodgers take up three to two lead.
Speaker 3: Cody Bellinger with the go ahead home run off All Star reliever Andrew Miller, as the Dodgers would go on and get the win. This Hofey Magical Moment brought to you by Hoffey Hot Dogs, Hoffey Soakaw's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hafey hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll check back in with Rick Monday. So we lead up to first pitch. Dodgers and Guardians. I'm Tim kas Is the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Depo on your home for the blue all season long long.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Guardians starting a three game series.
Speaker 4: Rookie Sasaki on the mountain.
Speaker 3: Time Now for the Verizon startup as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now at Verizon you can lock in that low price for three years, so you can save big. Visit the Horizon store today.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Bassey. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: A rare Sunday day off.
Speaker 5: I think Rick Monday had some bass say with drawls yesterday.
Speaker 9: No, take a couple of days off. We'll get back to you.
Speaker 6: So you know what is nice?
Speaker 9: You know the players received their rings. All of the front office and the coaching staff and the training staff clubhouse they got their rings yesterday and then the rest of us Gunnar's today, and it's a big, big deal. From an organizational standpoint, yes, it's a lot of blame, but I think more than that, it really shows the commitment to this organization has had over the years, the investment that they've had on top of it, and the expectations that they had, not just within the community expectations, but the organization as well. And it's over and above what you see. You know, every night we come into the ballpark and we leave reality at the gate. I was just telling a group down the right field line about twenty minutes ago. I said, that's the good news. So you leave reality to the gate. Unfortunate, We're going to give it back to you when you leave the ballpark. But during that time, it's kind of a kind of a respite from reality.
Speaker 10: When we're here at the ballpark.
Speaker 5: Well, tonight, the Dodgers are coming off a sweep of the Diamondbacks and they did it from come from behind fashion in all three games, all.
Speaker 10: Three of them.
Speaker 9: And if we start to look at different things too, how about the bullpen. I mean the bullpen. You know, I can't say it's unheralded, but if you look at the fact that the bullpen itself has not given up a run to this particular point. Now, that's not going to continue on obviously, but I think it shows that, you know, sometimes it takes a bit of time for everybody to understand their roles in the bullpen. This is a group to kind of feed off one another to.
Speaker 10: This particular point.
Speaker 9: Yes, the success of the past helps they understand one another exceptionally.
Speaker 10: Well, there's not too many.
Speaker 9: New faces down there except for Diaz really, and you know, he's been trumpeting all the way into the stadium and that's kind of a kind of a neat situation when he comes in now because it catches everybody by surprise, including Edwin Diaz. He did not realize that the Dodgers are going to have a live trumpet player play his interest music when he came out of the bullpen.
Speaker 5: Yes, a young Tatiana Tate from Long Beach has been brought into a company Edwin Diaz's entrance. But Rick, when you talk about Edwin Diaz, to me, there's that feel again that the Dodgers haven't had since Kenley Jansen was here, that the ninth inning is very secure.
Speaker 9: The other part, too, is that Charlie Stein and I were talking about this earlier today. Is that everything that he throws seem to have movement. I would assume that the movement is something that he designs himself and knows ahead of time. Is a different pressure points that he makes on the baseball itself. By that, maybe one pitch a little bit more pressure with the index finger, next pitch, maybe a little bit more the pressure with the middle finger. But everything that he throws seem to have great deal of movement. And by the way, he also has a pretty good idea of what he's doing before he releases the baseball.
Speaker 5: And the ninth inning isn't made for everybody, reck I'm sure you've seen that over the years.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and there's some guys that don't. He has expectations too, I mean, he wants to be able to have the baseball when the game's on the line. By the way, the ABS system, if we look at the opening series around Major League Baseball, one hundred and seventy five challenges, fifty three point seven percent success rate in those challenges, and here's the breakdown. How many teams that we heard in spring training, well, we're not going to have the pitcher be able to challenge. We don't want the pitcher to challenge on a call that they think is a strike. Well, pitchers have only challenged five they've been successful in just two of those five hitters. They're at forty three plus percent. And the catchers, by and large, this is not a surprise. We figured their number would be higher. Sixty four percent of the challenges by catchers they had been reversed. And we've seen some umpires they've had some difficulty. I'm not going to mention the umpire's name, but one was challenged, was it yesterday? Lost six out of eight challenges, and that's something you know, that's for the umpires to worry about. It from a hitter, pitcher and catcher just worry about what affects you at that particular moment.
Speaker 5: Well, Will Smith has the night off tonight, but we're going to talk to him about the abs and his experience the first series of the season so when it is to be bought on. Yeah, yeah, he's been good. He told me in spring. The pitchers have enough to worry about all handle the challenges well.
Speaker 9: Especially too, because pictures are still off palaced. I mean, they're just throwing a pitch, they go into the defensive mode as soon as they release the ball, and many of them falling off to one side.
Speaker 10: Or the other.
Speaker 9: They don't really get a clear shot of what's happening. I've said this before interview. It pitches lead. The strike zone is from here to the to the curvature of the earth.
Speaker 6: Well, you got one hundred percent right on this.
Speaker 9: Teste, just like you walking into the boot table.
Speaker 6: Thanks a lot. We'll send it back in the studio, Tim, all.
Speaker 4: Right, thanks a lot, guys.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Baseball brought to by city a hall preparation, precision, and an unrelenting commitment to being the best of what they do. That's what makes a champion at City of Hope. That commitment has one focus curing cancer. City of Hope. Champions of Hope make an appointment today at City of Hope. Dodd Org still to comment here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. We're coll be back with Charlie have those keys to the game. But out next, as David Vassa mentioned, we go high and tight with Dodger ketcher Will Smith. Dodgers Guardians first pitch of seven ten. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's Dodgers and.
Speaker 3: Guardians or Oki Sasaki on the Mount Dodgers Baseball, brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor. It's getting close to dinner time here the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's Game nine, it's group night and Shakey's dot Com And now.
Speaker 1: What will likely be vass a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 6: It was a great birthday for Will Smith.
Speaker 5: Last time we saw him on Sunday, the Babblehead Night, the go ahead to run home run and of course the family out here to witness dad do his thing. Three time World Series champion Will Smith joins us. Thanks a lot for the time, appreciate.
Speaker 10: It, of course, Dave, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 5: So, I guess days off are not really days off for you. You had to kind of walk Dalton rushing through some some things for tonight's game.
Speaker 10: I guess, yeah, what do you what do you mean what I have to walk them through?
Speaker 5: Well, don't you help him with the game planning first start of the season.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I know, we already talked.
Speaker 13: We talked through some stuff, tragging the same page, talk to, you know, talk about these guys and you know, hopefully get rookie up to go start tonight.
Speaker 5: After another clutch home run the other day, I started to look back at some of the moments you had in your career. Is it hard to believe now you've been in the league since twenty nineteen, it feels like yesterday you were here following the team around in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 13: Yeah, No, it's it's yeah, it's been it's felt like a long you know, seven years now, I guess.
Speaker 10: But also it's kind of flies.
Speaker 6: By to.
Speaker 10: Yeah, just just grateful to be with the Dodgers.
Speaker 13: You know, we've been competitor every year, making the postseason every year, one a few World Series.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's gone.
Speaker 13: It's gone really well, and you know, just couldn't be We're happy and you know, grateful to be here.
Speaker 5: Was that thirty first birthday maybe the most memorable birthday you've ever had.
Speaker 13: Yeah, probably it's most recent, so it's definitely the most memorial at this point.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I can't think of another birthday where you had your Bobblehead night and you're able to do what you've done so many times and help the Dodgers win a game.
Speaker 10: Yeah. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 13: Usually, you know, sometimes the season hasn't even started yet, so uh yeah, that was That was a fun one.
Speaker 10: The other day.
Speaker 5: What was this story that Dave Roberts was talking about how he wanted to give you Sunday off, but you convinced him to play you. Is that accurate assessment of the way it went down?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, I think, you know, it's still early the year. I feel feel good, you know, I think, you know, his mindset, front office mindset or whatever is always kind of like just slow play it, you know, build back up. But uh yeah, I felt good. Just felt like I needed to let him know that, you know, I was kind of just joking around. I wasn't really like totally like fighting, like I need to be in there, but I kind of like, you know, always I wanted.
Speaker 10: To be in there every game.
Speaker 13: Uh And I remember last year I didn't play my bibblehead, and I remember giving him some grief about that and stuff, but uh yeah, pulled that card. He let me in there, and uh turned out all right.
Speaker 5: I guess when his starting catcher is invited to go to Augusta with him, you got some pool with the manager.
Speaker 10: Right, yep, that'll help for sure.
Speaker 5: So your golf game is almost as legendary as your dramatic home runs late in games. What what was that like going to Augusta with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 13: It was that was an amazing three days. You know, Mookie came with us. You know, Uh, our host was incredible, it was.
Speaker 10: It was awesome.
Speaker 13: You know, the courses in such good shape. It was so much fun to you know, play it. You know, I've seen the tournament so many times and different holes and different shots and like.
Speaker 10: Oh that's where that was, That's where that was.
Speaker 13: You know, we looked out with the weather, got to see kind of the whole every facility in the grounds and all that and kind of everything that goes on there. It was, you know, it's just a special place and uh, you know, just just Cloud was able to go at least once and hopefully, you know, some point in the future, could go again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that place is tough to even cover as a media member. There's a lottery to be drawn. Could you ever imagine that you'd be playing golf where Tiger Woods is one of the Masters.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's you know, that's one of those dream courses, you know, the bucket list course. You want to play, You want to you want to see what it's all about. You want to, you know, at least just go to the Masters and watch the tournament even and I know I'll do that at some point, you know, after baseball because that's in April.
Speaker 10: But yeah, it was. It was just really cool. It's kind of surreal, you know, it's incredible, you.
Speaker 13: Know, the level of like, uh, you know, care they put into every single thing, every single little detail is is the best of the best, you know, from from their bushes and stuff to their landscaping to the buildings to just the service. The people are so nice there and so like, uh just welcoming and everything.
Speaker 10: It was. It was really cool.
Speaker 5: So can you share with all the golfers out there? How Will Smith shot at Augusta.
Speaker 10: The first day was bad. I don't know what I was doing.
Speaker 13: The second day was better, but moo and MOOKI and I'd beat up on docks, so that's all that mattered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not surprising.
Speaker 5: Will Smith is our guest three time World Series champion. There's been a lot of talk now after the first week of the season about the ABS and how it's gone so far, and now we're seeing percentages. From your standpoint, both as a hitter and a catcher, how has it gone in for the first time experiencing it in games that matter.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's it's it's gone well, you know, I don't I don't know. I think it's good for the game, you know. I think, honestly, the best part about it is I think the umpires are more locked in.
Speaker 10: Just from the get go, you know, just.
Speaker 13: To spring training. I think, you know, there were a lot less overturned calls because they were they were locked in. That's that's the most important thing, is, you know, just getting the call right and you know they're they're trying to do their best too. They get that instant feedback, which is great, you know, for the rest of the game. So I think it's I think it's a good thing. I think we've handled it pretty well. You got a couple of calls go our way using the right situations. So it's just been good. It's still kind of learning process and learning different situations and all that stuff, But overall you've been pretty good as so far.
Speaker 6: I know you're always in the moment.
Speaker 5: You got the Guardians starting tonight, but ever since the schedule came out, it's hard to ignore that your first road trip is taking you to Toronto, the scene of where you guys dramatically came back to win the World Series. Any concern over customs the Mounties when you go back across the border.
Speaker 10: No, no, I'm not concerned.
Speaker 13: I was asked the other day if I was actually banned. That was that one kind of threw me for a loop thinking it was real.
Speaker 5: But you did a whole commercial promoting your babblehead going through the security line.
Speaker 13: I know that was that was that turned out better than I thought. That was pretty good. That was a good a good script. I didn't I didn't have any part of that other than just kind of reading the lines.
Speaker 10: But that was good. But no, it'd be fun.
Speaker 13: I know they're gonna want a little payback on us, so it should be. It should be a good series. You know they're they're a really good team again this year, so it should be you know, fun fun were there.
Speaker 5: All right, So no concerns over Canadian TSA stopping you a little longer. You and Rojas, you guys have some targets on your back when you go through TSA.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 13: Maybe it'll be longer, but now it should be fine.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot for the time. Congratulations on a great birthday. Congratulations on helping the Dodgers win the World Series and keep it going.
Speaker 10: Yep, thank you.
Speaker 6: There he goes Will Smith.
Speaker 5: He has his birthday on Sunday and a belated birthday gift talking to me today, So the birthday just keeps going, right, Will, sure, Sure, we'll.
Speaker 6: Send it back to in the studio.
Speaker 1: Tim, all right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 3: DV leaning you out to first pitch Dodgers and Guardians on this Monday night.
Speaker 4: I'm next.
Speaker 3: We'll break down this pitching match up. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim kase is the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Guardians getting ready to start a three game Dodgers three and zero to start the year. First pitch from Uniclo Field the Dodger Stadium, coming up at seventen and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 3: Brought to you by her Toyota Dealers. We make it easy. Parker Mesek on the mound before the Guardians twenty five year old left hander, second round pick of Cleveland in twenty twenty two out of Florida State, the Guardian's top minor league pitching prospect. He made his big league debut last year eight starts, three and one with the two seventy two era.
Speaker 4: He's pretty good.
Speaker 3: A fastball in the load of mid nineties, a change up, a slider, a sinker on the occasional curve ball. Rookie Sasaki goes for the Dodgers. Twenty four year old right hand or second year we're in a Dodger uniform. Last year limited to ten games eight starts due to a right shoulder impingement, but in the postseason came alive as the Dodger closer, notch three saves with a sub one erra in ten and two third innings in nine games. Pitch last October. He was huge for the Dodgers coming out of the bullpen. It's been a rough spring though for Rookie Sasaki, multiple times pulled and brought back in the next inning. You can't do that during the regular season. You can in Cactus League games where you had a fifteen to fifty eight RRA. Justin Robleski, just in case, ready to piggyback Rookie Sasaki if needed. Dodgers and Guardians, we are fifteen minutes away for first pitch.
Speaker 4: Keys to the game.
Speaker 3: Our next I have Tim kas Is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers saying, Guardians, Rookie Sasaki, Parker Messek, the pitching man shout. We're getting ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo start great moments. Yeah, start with Sapporo Beier, whatever your taste preference. Soporo has you cover with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beer. Soaporo good with sushi, great with baseball. It's head back out to the booth, Charlie rid guys.
Speaker 8: All right, moth of the Dodgers, looking for their fourth consecutive went out of the gate.
Speaker 6: Of course, they won their first eight.
Speaker 8: Last year on their way to the World Series Championship. So tonight Roki Sasaki somewhat of a question because of how he fared in spring against the left He solid Parker Messik.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think the big story is going to be with Sasaki because in the spring he just did not pinch very well at all. One thing that Dave Roberts said earlier this afternoon, asked about Sasaki, he said, look, we want him to attack the striketh zone, something he did not do in spring training. You know, he had that shoulder in pingement last year. After a few starts he came back in his rehab in Triple A, he wasn't finding the striketh zone and then finally said, look how about the bullpen. Well, he volunteered to go to the bullpen and fared very well in postseason and nine appearances in postseason play last year had three saves, two holes and that was over ten and two thirds innings. That we'll find out tonight how far he can stretch things out.
Speaker 8: Parker Messik, a left hander, slow stuff by and large. He was three and one last year.
Speaker 9: Yeah, man, but he closed out very well last year after getting the call up. In fact, so well his era was about two and three quarters. That was over seven stars. They got a very good look at him and they like what they have seen thus far.
Speaker 8: So it's the Dodgers looking to go four and oh to begin the season. The Guardians the first of a three game series. Lineups in first pitch.
Speaker 3: Coming up all right, Dodgers three and zero to start this season, and all three games against the Diamondbacks they fell behind and had to come back and win the game. How about getting off to a good start tonight? Give Rokie Susaki some run support the Dodgers get their fourth win to start this season. Getting you ready for first pitch, don't forget after the game is over. David Vassy's got you covered with all the postgame festivities, including Dodger Talk as well Roki Sasaki and Parker Messek. The pitching matchup Dodgers Guardians First Pitch is next on this cool March thirtieth night. I'm Tim Katz and this the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network