Speaker 1: Morning, lady and gentlemen, and welcome to video Message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: I'm like a dog in heat. I woke up yesterday morning with us free advice to start later, please, I could never know what the day with US Florida.
Speaker 3: Listen up, the radies just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key. Demograh, Yeah, super duper. That's nice night a gondogay.
Speaker 4: Yes, boy, that is good news. It's the seventeenth day of February twenty twenty six. Good Tuesday morning, everybody. Welcome to the Power Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 4: We got Marty Gellner. We got no bony today because he's still done a spring training. Maybe I'll check in. You never know when he might reach out. And a special guest gonna stop on by a surprise for everybody. We'll let you know who that is as soon as he gets there. Here's some comedy from Kevin Kneeling about knee replacements and smart watches. Hey, come on in, everybody, It's Tuesday morning, and I am glad you are here.
Speaker 1: I stand before you right now with a totally replaced left knee, and you know what I feel like a twenty one year old who's been in a horrible boating accident with no insurance.
Speaker 4: It's arthritis.
Speaker 1: It's patchwork as you get a little bit older. But I tell people from playing football, but it's really arthritis.
Speaker 2: It's genetic.
Speaker 1: My mother had tons of arthritis, but she did play football.
Speaker 2: She did play football.
Speaker 1: I had a smart watch, but I got rid of it because it was just so annoying. You know, I thought it was so smart. I mean, I'll be walking around a little buzz I. Look at it looks like you're walking. Yeah, I am walking. Thank you so intuitive. A couple hours later, it looks like you're working out. Yeah I am good.
Speaker 2: Call.
Speaker 4: Good call.
Speaker 1: Later that night, it looks like you're having sex sort of. It looks like you're going back in the drawer my friend.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you all? Have another pet on your side? Is he dead?
Speaker 5: You hear the distance under this in your stray?
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Power Tie Morning Show. It is Tuesday, February seventeenth. The Band's back together. I'm Corey. That's Chris, that's Paul, that's Zachary all I, Peter Robert duvall all I, Peter Jesse Jackson. We got tool to talk about loss of disgust between five thirty and nine. Oh hell yeah, Chris is back from Canada.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hi, dang different, really different, man. It's uh, it was weird because it felt like I was, you know, in the United States, but everybody spoke French. Everybody, everybody, everybody. That's beautiful, really really cool. We were. The racetrack was actually in Valcour, which is Valcourt, Quebec, Canada is what it's called. But in Montreal's where I flew into an out.
Speaker 2: Of and from out an hour and a half. Oh damn. Okay, yeah, and so not like a suburb, like an actual distant city.
Speaker 4: Completely like a completely different and it was, uh, I just beautiful ski resort kind of place, you know. Yeah, it's just this really really really beautiful and really awesome. And I am not great at looking at maps.
Speaker 2: I h.
Speaker 4: It's a long ways away from here.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: It's it's it's like above Vermont, Montreal is and she it's it's uh, it's a whole other world, but it is. Uh, it's just concerning to look around like and and to feel like you're standing in uh, you know, say any you know Colorado, somewhere. That's what it kind of felt like, you know, because everything is you know, it's there are all these McDonald's and the gas stations. Everything looks familiar. But everybody speaking French. No almost, I mean few people that I spoke to spoke English hardly at all. It's pretty pretty cool. It's it's awesome, man, this is a great place in The racing was ridiculous and nuts and we were kind of like a side show to ice circle track racing on snowmobiles. Yeah, snowmobiles and motorcycles and uh, four wheelers and they all had studded tires and they were going so fast and on. It was the craziest thing. I saw some of the worst accidents I've seen, like ever.
Speaker 2: Anybody get hurt? Yeah, significantly hurt. Yeah, Oh damn yeah. I mean that's fun.
Speaker 4: And it's like they call it the Grand PRIs Skidoo de Valcour, and it's so Skidoo is based in this town, Valcour, and it always has been. It's like like if and the guy his name was a Bombardier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a chef.
Speaker 4: Correct. Yeah, he invented the snowmobile in like nineteen thirty seven, right, there in Valcour, and it was a seven person snowmobile, the first commercially viable snowmobile. And uh, and then twenty years later he invented the single person snowmobile and it was called a ski dog and somebody mistyped it and it became the ski doo.
Speaker 2: No way, that's exactly, it's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so but instead of moving his headquarters there, he decided he would keep it in Valcour. So every skedu and every can m motorcycle you've ever seen anywhere comes from this little tiny town in the middle of nowhere in Quebec, where the snowmobile was invented.
Speaker 2: I can't hear you say Valcour without thinking of Falcore from the never Any Story completely the luck Dragon.
Speaker 4: Yep, yep, I had completely I and there were a lot of racers that normally don't race with us, and I butchered their names the entire weekend. But I did my best. And it's just it was. It was crazy. It's crazy, but it was a lot of fun, man, a lot of fun. And uh, going to the McDonald's across the street to get breakfast every morning, and uh, it was kind of a gamble. It was opening your bag and going what I get?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a royale with cheese.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's yeah, right, that's exactly the count I kind of did ye. And then you would like you'd be like you'd walk up to the gas station and be like, hey, uh, do you speak English? And the guy be like, yeah, what do you need? Oh?
Speaker 2: That was the awesome thing about about France. And again, you've been to France, but everybody we asked do you speak English? They said yes. So it's it's so much easier when you're like, oh, man, how are we going to do this? But they're all dual language people over there.
Speaker 4: They're smarter than us, way smarter.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: I got you know, I got a's in high school in Spanish, but I don't think I know Spanish. And the proof of that is when I got to college, I dropped it on day one. I'm like, I can't do this. She's talking too fast, So I mean, I don't. I don't know how they do it. And the people that are four or five languages in Right, when we're talking to Pablo Lopez and he's fluent in four or five languages, like, how do you do that? How do you have the brain bandwidth for that. Yeah, I don't. I barely know this one. Same right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's too late now, it's too late to turn back now to apologize.
Speaker 2: Ye all that.
Speaker 4: So that's that and then we I'll be out again Friday because we get a Buffalo this weekend and I love Buffalo, New York. That's fun place too.
Speaker 2: Hopefully they just speak English there, they do.
Speaker 4: I'm sure they. I'm sure they do. And uh, you know, I I get to wave at a casino, which will be a lot of fun. Sure, yeah, I was. There's a new gentleman I was doing the racing with this weekend. My normal guy was was not available, so we were talking about He's like, hey, you know, he's from Syracuse. He said, I'll take you out on the town. Show you around little bit. I go, I don't leave the casino. Yeah, why would I Why we stay at the casino. We race in the parking lot of the casino. Why would I leave? Yes?
Speaker 2: What else is there to do?
Speaker 4: Right? You say? My room is here, there's a restaurant here, there's a dessert bar here, and the racing's right outside there. I'm good.
Speaker 2: This is my graceland. Yeah, that's sweet.
Speaker 4: Here lies Chris Hocken. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Uh, you've set up before, but you can't get a direct flight to Buffaloes.
Speaker 2: Word you fly.
Speaker 4: And I'm going to fly into Pittsburgh because I was a little worried about Cleveland because you know, it's it can be uh a hecked. But it's a two hour drive, so I'll fly in on Friday. Well, and I'm I'm supposed to play a gig in Duluth Thursday night, but they're getting murdered by snow today and tomorrow and a little bit on Thursday, so we're trying to decide if we need to reschedule that show. So but everything's perfect here. I got home yesterday and there was no snow anywhere.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable. It's unbelievable. It was the last three or four days are yeah, spectacular. It was like fifty nine year I can't believe it.
Speaker 4: I said it yesterday, but I left and it was winter and I came back and it was all gone. The snow was all good. It was a different place.
Speaker 2: So I was watching our friend Alicia Lewis on the care eleven Morning show about thirty minutes ago, and then the weather guy comes on, what's weather guy's name said Johnson. Johnson, Yeah, exactly, very good. That guy's very good. Yeah, and he was explaining, well, all the models make it look like, yep, the northern half of the state's going to get pounded. North it's going to get pounded. We better come out and stop me. But he said, he said, what rain on Wednesday? And he thinks it's gonna be some snow, but it might not stick, like maybe an inch of snow, but it's gonna be so wet that it might not stay. So sounds like the Twin Cities is mostly going to avoid getting dumped on North Shore, gonna get dumped on tomorrow.
Speaker 4: No tonight tonight eight to twelve inches in Duluth, Tomorrow another three to five and then another inch on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Have fun.
Speaker 4: We don't play till Thursday. But I mean, and they're the luth They're gonna be cool. They they they're good at that stuff.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but they have They're gonna have ten to twenty inches of snow and their streets are at an angle that are like black diamonds in Colorado.
Speaker 4: Right, I don't know, they got a rescheduled day. I could do back. I could do it in March. I hate to do that though I don't know it. Yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's greasy up there when the snow starts.
Speaker 4: And I don't want people to have to drive up there, especially if I could just reschedule it. But then I'm worried that, you know, I worry about everything. It doesn't matter. Yeah, man, yeah, you know this is me.
Speaker 2: I'm very happy.
Speaker 4: Oh that's good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know what you need is a luck dragon like Falcre. I do need a foul core, Yeah you do. Or I should have written, Oh God, that's the way to get there, that's the way it. Just fight. Yeah, he'll get you there.
Speaker 4: You can fall asleep and he's a doggy sray you fell asleep, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just grab onto that son of a bitch's hair and fall asleep and Falcre will get you there.
Speaker 4: That does sound fun. Man, what a weird movie. All right, I'll give you one more one more thing about me, and I apologize, but listen to this. So you guys know I have this aura ring, right, Yeah, So it keeps track of your sleep, obviously, and tells you how well you sleep, and how much you get deep sleep and how much when, how many times you wake up to pee. I gotta prostate the size of the bagel anyway. But I had a sleep debt built up of twenty hours. Right, that's how far behind I was on sleep over?
Speaker 2: What is that? A sleep debt of a week a month? How far is twenty hours.
Speaker 4: Since I since the last time I was caught out? So from what I could tell about the middle of January, I built up the sleep debt of twenty hours a month.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's the interest rate on that? Very high?
Speaker 4: You're prostagious about the size of a bagel? Oh yeah, oh, in one weekend of getting regular sleep of eight hours, I've reduced that down to two hours of sleep debt in one weekend, just because my body caught up. I feel like a million dollars.
Speaker 2: Good for you. I don't have an oor ring, but I think my sleep debt in the last almost twenty five years is something like one million hours.
Speaker 4: But I'm afraid to look that far right, look that far back. I may never catch up. Same Look, he's been dead for three years. He caught up.
Speaker 2: Leave him alone, my r ring. Did you die during COVID? No, I'm just that far behind. I'm six years back. Your family is going to be sleeping that dead off for years passing on to my kids.
Speaker 4: I left him, I left you one thing, yeah, sleep that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I don't know.
Speaker 4: But man, I'll tell you what. It's a different world when you can see straight and uh and you feel all caught up. But I did eat a lot of candy bars.
Speaker 2: What kind man?
Speaker 4: I love? Oh Henry bars? You got these those in those coffee way for candy bars and they were everywhere. It's like, oh good, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I dated a gal once that was the heiress to the o Henry fortune.
Speaker 4: Did you really? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Who is he?
Speaker 4: Catching up on a sleep det permit?
Speaker 2: She never she never wore a bra. It was weird. What is that? Who's not here?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Than never mind?
Speaker 4: Any sore?
Speaker 2: You go?
Speaker 4: Yeah, go to Montreal. It's beautiful. It's a big old world out there. I would say, if you're going to go, if you were looking at a map and he said, I want to go to Canada, do I want to go left or I want to go right? Go left, because there's nothing like BAMF in the whole white world. But go right at some point as well. It's pretty sweet. It's pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: Go west. Great point. Oh man, we can't go West Whales.
Speaker 4: Yes, so, I got a special guest for you guys today. He'll be showing up anytime soon.
Speaker 2: Falcre the Luck Dragon. My god, guys, you're good guy. The guy who voiced Fulcore better than the guy that voiced Kermit. We talked about that yesterday. Damn it. Welcome to the Power Trip Morning Show. Oh god, just so bad. It's so bad. Not good, No man, it's frustrating. Valcore yep in foul cour Valcorn Falcore the first segment of the Power Trip Morning Shows, brought to you by your friends and builders and remodelers, Builders, remodelers bonuses in Florida for Twins spring training. Marty Gellner will be here about seven o'clock. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the Fend.
Speaker 4: Thank him on five day here we are, beautiful day on tap here. No Bonie was having an even more beautiful day. I'm sure all kinds of action for the Twins. I'm sure, yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, no, oh yeah.
Speaker 7: Our guy Pablo Lopez and his first live VP throwing the live hitters left with elbow sores.
Speaker 2: MRI for our Lopez. Bad start, Bad start, whoopsies. Hope he's okay because he's a super nice.
Speaker 4: Guy, super good dude. Yea, hope they don't trade him. They signed him by Big Ball's gun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dusty Mon.
Speaker 4: Oh good for dust that dude.
Speaker 2: He can do it all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can, man, he's a yeah, unbelievable.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 2: He's also basically been accused of every crime we've ever discussed on this show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true to Yeah, if I.
Speaker 2: Say something like who did that? Who killed that lady? You'd go, uh, probably Dusty Mond. Yeah, guy went to high school with How do you spelled his last name? Just pronounce it correctly, and so he's.
Speaker 4: Not related to Kellen.
Speaker 2: I couldn't. I couldn't tell if there was a d at the end of the night.
Speaker 4: So where I thought it was Kellen Mond's father to grandfather that.
Speaker 2: There's no d in Mon.
Speaker 4: No. I can't find him in a phone book for the life of me.
Speaker 2: I always thought it was Dusty Mond.
Speaker 4: I really did.
Speaker 2: That's why I was asking for you to spell it. I probably should have asked weeks ago. Yeah, I thought it was Mond as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, years ago to be I mean, yeah, but you guys mostly tuned me out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got that, you know, for our sanity, I think it's the best possible choice.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Absolutely, you know, as as somebody who has older kids, do you ever have you ever had a situation where you watch a kid's movie with your child and realized you liked it way more than they did, and you like make them watch it one hundred times in the and pretend that they want to see it.
Speaker 2: I'm sure I've done that, but I don't remember which movie that would be.
Speaker 4: Well for me, I was and you will get there, Saucy. I'm telling you because you know, there's only so many times you can see you know, Hammerhead goes to Johnsonville or whatever, you know, Jonathanville. We have to watch this again. Timberlake was in that, but for me, that movie was secondhand Lions. Are you guys familiar with that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, never saw it, but I know what you're referencing. You a good film.
Speaker 4: No, okay, well I'm surprised because that is your generation. But again, wasn't a giant film. But it had Hailey, Joel Osmon, it had Michael Khim, Dusty Mond. Dusty Mond was he was, That was his first film, and Robert Duval and I kept waiting for everybody out there yesterday when they were talking about Robert Duval about all his great salon, please to mention one of the most moving moments in any film I've ever seen. You sobbed I almost did loading it in a minute ago because it was such a it's such a coming of age film.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 4: It's about these two old men and they're they're his Haley Joel Osmond's I think uncles, and their their brothers, and they've been together their whole lives, and one of them, Robert Duvallis, is this guy who beats everybody out. But they've been through hell their whole life, and Haley's going through hell their whole life. And Robert Deval gives him this speech, and it's the first thing I thought of, not I'd love the smell and day pond in the morning they killed Sonny out on the turnpike, I thought of this. Would you guys mind hearing this?
Speaker 2: Of course, this is a great speech.
Speaker 4: I love it because of the bookends of this speech and the way he delivers it. I don't know for sure that he remembered it perfectly, but that made it even better. Listen to this A long speech, I.
Speaker 3: Dear peace.
Speaker 6: Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things that a man needs to believe in the most. The people are basically good that honor, courage and virtue in everything.
Speaker 2: That powered money, money empowered mean nothing. That good always triumph.
Speaker 4: So be evil.
Speaker 8: And know once you remember this love true love of guys, you remember that bore you remember that.
Speaker 6: It couldn't matter for true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things because those are the things worth believing in.
Speaker 4: Got that is a good speech. Thanks, so thanks. I love it because he says, these are things that may or may not be true, but it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 4: And he starts it with that, and he ends up with that, that.
Speaker 2: Was a good speech.
Speaker 4: It's a good speech.
Speaker 2: Kid, sounded that sounded sarcastic, as all right, hey, good speech. Yeah, yeah, yeah, man, Yeah, that is a good flick. It's really good. Yeah, so good, pretty sure, sminny human And I saw that in the theater. That sounds right with uh Mary Jane?
Speaker 4: Yes, oh no, I thought, with what's Francisco? That's it? Yeah, guy day Dusty months.
Speaker 2: I felt the same way when everybody's going down Duval's filmography, and then you know Apocalypse Now and this and that. I keep waiting, I keep waiting. I keep waiting, and nobody's saying the one that I think of immediately when I I'm not saying it's his best. No, I'm just saying, as soon as they said Robert Duval's dead, I'm like, no, gone in sixty No. If you remember, if you remember, because I've seen that movie one thousand times, Sam, because I love heist movies and looked at his peak Cage. It was on USA. Yep, yep. Do you remember what Duval's name was in that movie?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Now it's it's.
Speaker 4: Spelled the please tell me, Dusty mind.
Speaker 2: No, it's spelt the way it is spelt, the way that the name is. But when it's a movie about stealing fifty cars in twenty four hours, right sure, And he's you know, like the old wise guy that helps put together the heist team, and he's their Yoda. Yeah, it's basically here Nick, nick Cage, here's what. Here's what you're gonna need, Memphis. You're gonna need this. You're gonna need a guy like that. He's the sage old man.
Speaker 4: God, I'm gonna watch that movie today.
Speaker 2: If you steal cars, you gotta have an old guy named Otto Otto. Yes, not Autoto Otto, but his name was Otto. I'm like, come on, man driver, yeah, and you're stealing cars, why don't you just.
Speaker 7: Name him car? I think they didn't name him until he started filming the movie. We need a name for that guy.
Speaker 2: What's that old guy's name over there, Well, that's car Truck for nobody knows more about stealing cars than car Truck. What's his middle name? Vehicle? Yeah, it's so good. I love that movie. It's shout out to Robert Duvall.
Speaker 4: If we're going down the Robert. I'm gonna try not to do this to you guys. Okay, because for about ten years I walked around going, what happened some ice karam?
Speaker 2: Is that from sling Blade?
Speaker 4: Nope? But he wants sling Blade's dad. You do have that right, yep.
Speaker 2: In Days of Thunder, Oh.
Speaker 4: Tom Cruise says I want to pit stop and Robert Vaal says ice cream and the weirdest possible way you can possibly say it.
Speaker 2: And I said it like for.
Speaker 4: Ten years to the point where I thought for sure she wasn't gonna marry me. I'm going to say like that, Okay, I got a pitch.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. We're busy now, you're what eating ice cream?
Speaker 4: I don't know. It's a weird, like you'd never heard of it until this movie.
Speaker 2: Right, the emphasis should be on ice ice cream, not ice cream.
Speaker 4: Some ice cream. They'll be pissed at it.
Speaker 2: How do you how do you use? Which word do you emphasize in White Bear Lake, Zachary oh Man?
Speaker 9: Ice cream? Probably ice cream. I don't know if we have any We don't really emphasize anything other than.
Speaker 2: It shouldn't be white bear Lake. Right, some people emphasize the white, and that always sounds weird to me. White.
Speaker 9: That was a weird way to word it. Yeah, yeah, that wasn't weird. But I know what you're trying to say there.
Speaker 4: Or if I make any comment, I'm just deleting Twinter for sure, Yeah, yeah I would.
Speaker 2: If anything, it's the lake, right, white bear Lake, you go up on the lake. Yeah, like yeah, two crime, I do fine.
Speaker 9: Because of Melissa Peterman, you know, Bears. Whenever we talk about the Bears, Bears, Bears, great film.
Speaker 4: I've been studying on Killing You. That's who he's talking to when he says I've been studying on killing you. Is Robert de Bell.
Speaker 2: Oh really that's his dad.
Speaker 4: I wonder how Billy Bob Thornton got him to be in his first ever.
Speaker 2: Movie man As Corey says, the Manners go a long way nicely. I guess he was. Also, he was in a poker movie called Lucky You right after like two three, four years after this, No, but after the poker boom, like I don't know, within a handful of years after the money Maker won the World Series of Poker main event, poker was red Hot, and they it was basically a rom com with Eric Banna and but Drew Barrymore. It was terrible. I've seen it twenty five times.
Speaker 4: Of Ace Diamonds.
Speaker 2: But Duval played his dad, who like and he was supposed to be like a you know, a poker legend or a gambling legend. But it was way way more about the love story than the actual poker, and the actual poker was mostly unwatchable. Yeah, he was a degenera gambler, though he was a golf gambler. I think I don't remember if he was a sports Gambler. It was hockey pretty much. Yeah, what do you think gone in sixty seconds? Is on rotten tomatoes? One hundred twenty five That's what I was gonna guess what a secondley only twenty five twenty five? Man, it's it's it's more fun than that.
Speaker 4: Sixty a second Endlnes. What about we're about sling Blade?
Speaker 2: I think that's ninety nine.
Speaker 4: What about daz oh Thunder one hundred ice cream to.
Speaker 2: His O Thunder, h it's ninety six sling Blade?
Speaker 4: Oh, I thought you're talking about Days of Thunder.
Speaker 2: Lucky you the poker movie with percent against one for every time I've seen it, Days of Thunder is thirty thirty. Could they have done better?
Speaker 4: I've never seen Oh dude, it's great.
Speaker 2: Oh Nicole kidmon right, yeah, right, unbelievable. That's what they met and talked to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's going to fix his Brian Forham.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I scrapped before that. Or Top Gun, Oh, top Gun. Yeah, the top Gun was like eighty seven. I think Days of Thunder was like ninety or ninety one eighty six top Gun. Yeah.
Speaker 4: One of the other things that I forgot about that I loved about that scene. Is that Tom Cruise is going seven hundred miles an hour in a race car and they say ice cream and he looks out his window and watches them eating ice cream. Is he drives bly on the front stretch but he has any chance?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: And they wait at him, Yeah, to take his eyes off the road.
Speaker 4: Oh no, the big one happens.
Speaker 2: Like he's just cruising down three to ninety four going man. Yeah, there's over lass right there.
Speaker 4: It looks like the end of Daytona. That costs me all that money?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes it did, damn it. Yeah, all right, Front Paid Sports. In a second, this is the power Ship Morning Show on the phone.
Speaker 4: You guys, didn't happen though. You weren't listening to that commercial break, were you?
Speaker 6: Uh not?
Speaker 4: Really? No, there's a commercial that It's one of those ones zacho. I don't know how they do this, but it beams in and then after it plays, it's like the cart that was it was on is empty, you know what I mean. It's like a network spot. It's the weirdest thing. Anyway, it started off going red, itchy, irritated eyelids, and the guy sings this song and you're like, what the hell is going on, and then it goes into this bit about how if your eyes are itchy, it might be tiny I mites that you that are eating your eyelids.
Speaker 2: What the hell is going on?
Speaker 4: And I tried to go back and listen to it because I had to have the song in the system. Uh, and of course I can't. Let's do it again, red itchy aired out. I MIT's not gonna worry about that.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: The world is terrifying. It's over there.
Speaker 4: Some ice cream.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that'd be great. It's so terrifying when you're awake. It's terrifying when you're asleep. Just just keep powering.
Speaker 4: Through, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all you can do. There's mites.
Speaker 4: Just have sports.
Speaker 2: Yeah sure, yeah.
Speaker 4: My mites is like a hockey classification, isn't it. Yep?
Speaker 2: Time now for front paid sports presented by Holiday Station Stores. Holiday Station Stores by three for six fifty. When it comes to twenty ounce coke Cola bottles, whether it's coked, I had Coke, Brighte whatever, you can mix and match any varieties of coke products you want. Three for six fifty those twenty ounce bottles, go get them at Holiday Thanks Holiday. Hell yeah, man, I'm rich Ye. All right, My guest is Sauce knows why I'm going to go with this first. But let's see if Zach and Hawk know why this is my lead story. We normally wouldn't start with a college basketball game that is not the Gophers, right, who cares?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: Of course?
Speaker 2: And even the fact that number six Iowa State beat number two Houston seventy to sixty seven. Those are two top six teams. It's a dramatic finish. That's not why I'm bringing it up. Do you guys know why I'm bringing up number six Iowa State beating number two Houston seventy to sixty seven. Do you guys know, Sauce?
Speaker 4: Do you know? Yes? You do? Okay, I do not.
Speaker 2: I do not.
Speaker 4: No, No, I do not.
Speaker 2: Iowa State one seventy to sixty seven over number two Houston. The go ahead three was hit by Nate Heisey, who win three for three from three. That is the brother of Taylor Heisey. So Nate Heisey hits the game winner against number two Houston, and his sister Taylor scores a goal in a big win for Team USA over Sweden. Pretty good day for the Heisei family. Exactly so. In fact, if you go to ESPN dot com, how cool is this for for Taylor and her brother If you go to ESPN dot com, Nate Heise's face is the one that's right on the main page and the top headline ESPN dot com, heisy three lifts is u hours after sister scores for us. Oh that's pretty sweet. Yeah, the Heisee family top headline ESPN dot com. That's sweet.
Speaker 4: Did you see those cookies that Hannish Bakery is making down red Wing for Taylor? No, they look so good. There must be nineteen inches of icing on each other. Oh that sounds them just the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I should have one and a half of those at a sauce wedding.
Speaker 4: It does seem like that, just one and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I don't need more than that. Yeah, and then I don't need six or seven.
Speaker 4: Take the rest of the box.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I take these to go eat my feelings.
Speaker 4: These these are for my family. Huh. There's an empty box and a few crumbs and yeah, crying thirty year old.
Speaker 2: Hey, when you guys see, like, all right, Taylor's a world class hockey player, her brothers a D one basketball player, do you ever go what happened to my parents in their genetics? Why was I not remotely good at sports?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yesterday we were talking to Libra about like, you know, Miles Garrett and Chloe Camp if they kick out a kid, is it like a super kid? I mean it should be, it should be yeh.
Speaker 9: Again, that's why I say, for the sake of humanity, breed human race. Yeah, get rid of the condoms at the Olympic village. Let them go wild and let them get us a whole new Shouldn't the key though, be to just breed with other Americans? So we're not giving other countries good athletes? Oh yeah, I mean they're all they're all separated by country.
Speaker 6: Ol.
Speaker 2: Good, let's keep it like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who's going to do radio?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Good point, Well, who's going to do radio?
Speaker 4: If everybody's an athlete.
Speaker 2: That's true, yep, somebody's former athletes.
Speaker 4: Somebody's got to criticize them.
Speaker 2: Well, that could be guys are doing we can't go back. That could just be us as they continue to God keep going. Yeah, who's in blind to do it?
Speaker 4: Anyway?
Speaker 2: Who who hasn't played the game.
Speaker 9: Right is going to be able? To talk about playing the game. If everybody's played, that's fair.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 9: No, I was watching a video. They their quarters are are very nice this year. It looks like be interesting and hopefully we can talk to Taylor when she gets back how it is in Milan. But I was looking at the Cortina dorms very nice.
Speaker 4: Oh, I was.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 4: There was one television screen on watching the Olympic hockey when Canada was playing France. This this French guy tried to fight this Canadian guy and everybody was saying that the referees saved the French guy's life. Do you know what I'm talking about, Zacho.
Speaker 9: It was a huge Wilson I think was the Canadian guy.
Speaker 2: French guy got banned.
Speaker 9: You can't fight hockey, yeah okay, and actually he was banned by his own country.
Speaker 2: France said we don't like that, so wow wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah. They were saying that if they'd have been allowed to fight, the guy would have got his face pounted. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Tom Wilson's uh, not the nicest fella to run into.
Speaker 4: That's the plainest name ever. He's got to be a good.
Speaker 7: Fighter, yeah, yeah, you gotta be Yeah, And he's good at hockey too, so he's kinda it's heets the whole package.
Speaker 4: You can't do yep, he could fight. Though.
Speaker 2: The US women's hockey team did beat Sweden five nothing to advance to the gold medal game. They will take on Canada. We'll get to that in the second. Taylor Heisie did score for the US. The US is now six and zero and in those six games, they have scored thirty one goals to their opponents one thirty one to one.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: Their shutout streak goes all the way back to the second period of their first game versus the Czech Republic. So that's three hundred and thirty one minutes in twenty three seconds. Unbelievable, longest streak in Olympic history, I believe male or female? Is that, Zach?
Speaker 4: Did they call off the dogs?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't think so. I watched a little. I mean I ended up.
Speaker 9: Turnning it off too because I kind of was like getting bored. But yeah, they I mean they definitely, I mean they outshot them, like I was like eighteen to two or something in the first period alone and just only able to get like one or two goals out of it. So yeah, I think I wouldn't doubt that they saw the third perier, Like let's just you know, play it safe here and get.
Speaker 2: Ready for the gold medal game.
Speaker 9: But I mean we've been talking about Olympics and even before that, like these are about his formality of a game of lead up games to get to the obviously the gold medal game, and even that. Now with the way that the United States and Canada played, we're going to destroy him, it's I hope. So it feels weird to be a fan of a team that's gonna be this heavily favorite. I don't think we've ever had that. So Canada beat Switzerland two to one. The gold medal game is Thursday at twelve ten Central. The bronze middle game is before that at seven forty on Thursday. Thatt Switzerland and Sweden. But US Canada Thursday, twelve ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'll be great. That'll be it can't wait.
Speaker 4: It'd be big.
Speaker 2: It'd be nice if just Canada can at least put up like fifteen to twenty shots because these teams at the US are facing and that one the other day was like fifty six to six or something. Yes, domination. It's just like, why does Italy even have a team Right now? Italy's men are playing Switzerland. Switzerland's up two rip shots on goal twenty one Switzerland, three for Italy. Yeah, I mean Italy is the home team. Yeah, Italy should just call it off. Oh what a huge play for Italy. By the way, the I mean the goalie stopped it. But I believe that's their fourth shot. Massive play. That was awesome. Yep, put it on the board. Fourth shots twenty one to four.
Speaker 9: Now, see if they can do something with the one second of power play left they have here.
Speaker 4: They're saving their energy.
Speaker 2: I guess they're waiting until the third period, Norio.
Speaker 4: Wow what I say? Thank you? The Girl Scout cookies everywhere?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have a box. You want one of these boxes?
Speaker 4: I do not, Okay, I would love to have them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love Girl Scout cookies. Same. I'm glad we're in an era now where they're available three sixty five you have. They should just got to know where to get them. Yeah, you know they should be. Yeah, they're right there. Or if you know, if you're like, well, well how do you get them, well you can get the equivalent. You can get something. Damn close at Target, you're basically year round now, oh really, well like that. There's there's ones that are very similar to almost every brand.
Speaker 7: Oh so like knock off girls, Scout Cookies. I mean Keeler's got options. Yeah, oh yeah, it's hard to beat the og man. Yeah, the ogs go immediately into the freezer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gotta have a mice cold. And you got to need an entire sleeve at one time.
Speaker 4: Geez, you have.
Speaker 2: To if you have OCD. Yeah, whole sleeve. Why would you put half a sleeve back later yet? Zack your hands half up.
Speaker 9: I brought my my super fresh bag of chips.
Speaker 2: I got the super Bowl if you want to try it, well, but now it's been a week and a half fresh at all? What kind of what kind of chips? Is just regular old lays? And I haven't try I haven't opened it. What do you crack it open immediately to test the freshness because I meant to bring it in and days older they're less fresh. Yeah, but they're silk sealed. It should still taste better. Go get them. Let's do a live taste test. You can see, uh see if it was worth the way to freeze your head.
Speaker 4: I want to see it. It's so fresh you can't believe it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when fresh, I don't think this is I'm not ripping Lays because Lay's chips are fantastic, right, I don't think one time in my entire life have I opened up a new bag of chips, not where they've been open and they got stale. Have you ever in your life cracked open a new bag of chips and be like, God, this isn't even close to fresh. They're always amazing. Who's ever questioned the freshness of a potato?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 4: I went to high school with a girl named frieda.
Speaker 2: Lays that was definitely your nickname. Wow, this is big, it is.
Speaker 4: There, it is.
Speaker 2: He's opening it all right, A hot fresh bag? Oh his favorite?
Speaker 4: Oh man, Oh you can you can hear the freshness? Is what you could hear? That looks good.
Speaker 2: It looks like a chip.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, listen to the crunch there. Yeah, it's like Marty girl over there.
Speaker 2: I'll try And that's a fresh bag of chips. Yeah, yeah, that's real good, one fresher than a normal chip. Yeah, are you just imagining that? I'm good? I'm good fresher. Yeah, they're fresh.
Speaker 4: I'm okay, thank you. I appreciate it, thank you. I uh damn, zacho.
Speaker 2: These are outstanding. They're melting in your mouth.
Speaker 4: I can smell them through the glass. They smell delicious. Smell. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, huff that bag a good smelling bag. Put your face right in that bag. My god, my god, those are great. Yeah, my dog died.
Speaker 4: It seems like you like the bag of the most Sorry.
Speaker 2: Corlos, it was like five years ago. Yeah, that sucks. It did suck. Sucks, sure did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: Not a good way to go.
Speaker 4: That's the worst.
Speaker 2: Yep, sorry to bring it up. That's depressing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Now, I'm sure time you look at a bag of chips, that's what you think of.
Speaker 2: For the first couple of years, honestly, we did, sure, Yeah, for sure, especially when we got the two little dogs. Now they're what four and a half years old or whatever, almost five, But when we first got them, yeah, we were very paranoid about leaving bags of chips anywhere near dogs. And now that the Harper's twelve, she doesn't leave stuff on the floor or whatever.
Speaker 4: But I certainly don't want terrifying I certainly don't want this to happen. But maybe if my cat died from gambling.
Speaker 2: You'd stop gambled. No, I don't think that'll do it.
Speaker 4: Why didn't you get like a tiny little slum machine.
Speaker 2: It was a super rusty and jagged Roulet wheel that's constantly spinning, just like a wheel of death, and if your cat gets caught in it, you'd be like, I can never look at a Roulette rule again. I'm going to a casino. It's too traumatic and that triggers me. Then you can go, well, thank god, because I don't play roulette.
Speaker 4: I find Ceci with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth and a bunch of bad tickets later on no CC.
Speaker 2: No, you know you have a problem if your cat gets obliterated by the wheel of death and you want to see which slot her eyes fell into. Yep, god, zero, God damn it. No CC, not even Red. I bet on Red twenty three because don read the felts. Yeah, it's not off a bitch yep. Now, this show's dumb.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 2: We'll do what really matters in a second, Martie Geller in forty minutes. This is the Power Trip morning show on the six four.
Speaker 4: If you're listening, ye I guess it's what every time it has been where you're listening here we are.
Speaker 10: I'm still getting uh, I'm still getting tweets from that when we ask people that like, let us do I think I got one yesterday and it was like two weeks ago, saying let us know when you're listening.
Speaker 2: They watch our show literally right, literally literally that sounds right in a lineral lineal lineally of fashion nice cram yep linear.
Speaker 4: I heard you can't stop now.
Speaker 2: I laughed so hard when I heard that, Nail. Should we do what really matters? Let's learn something, man, that's what really matters. Brought to you by Oh, Lasika Lens. They can change your life. You get Lasik and Ovo, Lacey and Lens. Awesome people there. Thanks Ovo, You're welcome.
Speaker 4: Robert talking about getting Ovo laser and.
Speaker 2: I'm very happy it should be now you don't have to deal with glasses or contacts. He's very happy, so was I. The Dolphins are cleaning house. They released basically half the team, but the headline is Tyreek Hill and Bradley but both released. They released Tyreek Hill. Did they say they're going to release Chubb or did they officially either way I think they're going to think. I think he might be one of those bits where they're waiting for a specific day to release him. But either way, Tyreek Hill, Bradley Chubb, and Moore out the door in Miami. Obviously, they still have to make a huge decision on Tua to a fifty six million dollar cap hit in twenty twenty six, and he has a fifty four million dollar guaranteed salary this year. So what do you do with Tua if they cut him? What you just said out, did they save four million and then they have to pay the fifty million? I don't know. I have no idea how the cap works.
Speaker 4: That's a method. I can't believe that, Tom, And I guess there's is there. I don't even I guess I don't even know if there's a rule, Like can you cut somebody for their own good? Do you know what I mean? Like? Is there some sort of a an injury thing where like he can't play anymore, he's he's had too many concussions. We're not going to do this to him. I know that's kind of dumb sounding, but you get my point, Like you can't make you can't say in good faith we want to put him back out on the field. He's had ninety five concussions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody's gonna take a chance on him. Well yeah, case c I bet and the Sunshine Band. Yep, and the Sunshine Band. You guessed it. But Casey's gonna take a chance on Tua. Yeah. No, oh, I thought you're talking about Tarey. We're talking Tua right.
Speaker 7: No, No, I'm sorry about Oh nobody will I don't think so. I mean, he'll be It'll be the the Sam Darnold bit. He'll be a backup somewhere for like five million dollars. He'll sit behind if if mac Jones gets traded, he'd sit behind your guy, because that's uh in San Francisco, because that's a place where a lot of guys want to go. It'll be something like that.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty two, Miami traded at first, second, two fourths and a sixth to Kansas City to get to Tyreek Hill.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: It worked out for a couple of years. Tyreek Hill was about the best receiver in football, right. I mean, he was arguably the most productive. Even if you like somebody's game a little bit better, he was unbelievable those first couple of years in Miami he was unstoppable yep. And then the yards, tons of touchdowns, simper fast. That offense suited him well with the way that they ran that offense. What really matters, though, is this, I'm the state.
Speaker 4: In eighteen oh one, Thomas Jefferson was elected our blank president.
Speaker 2: He was third.
Speaker 4: Fourth.
Speaker 2: I was I was going to say fourth, yeah.
Speaker 4: Third, you were right, Cory, third president? Cool right, yeap, eighteen oh one.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: In addition to drafting the Declaration of Independence, Jefferson had served in two Continental Congresses as Minister to France, as Secretary of State under George Washington, and as John Adams Vice president.
Speaker 2: You know again, I can do the state selphaical because I learned that song at whatever age. I do wish somebody at some point had forced my class to learn the presidents in order, because it's not like there's three hundred and you're like, I can't remember three. It's not like the periodic table of elements, where it's like, what one hundred and how many elements are there? A hundred and that's more than that, but whatever. It's not like it's multiple hundreds. I think there's like one hundred and one hundred and forty elements. I don't know either way. We're at what forty seven? Yeah, right, Like most kids should be able to remember that. That shouldn't be super hard. Fewer than we have states. Let's go hundred and eighteen. Okay, Like even that's not an impossible task. That should be relatively easy. But knowing the presidents in order shouldn't be super hard. No, but I think I know the numbers are the order of about ten of them. No, hang on, it's more than that. But I don't know the numbers. I could go backwards from the current president, but once you get to at the nineteen fifties, then you gotta start guessing. Yeah, I bet Hawk's lover knows all of them in order, for sure. Well, he's been to all their houses, Yeah, for sure, but he's probably slept in Jefferson's bed.
Speaker 4: He's been slept with in one of them. Wow, that's guys Jefferson's who are moving on up. I just love to go to their plays and get it on.
Speaker 2: Do you guys cosplay?
Speaker 4: Yeah? We do? Yeah, Like.
Speaker 2: Don't know, not this not Bill Cosby, like you know, like you're eleanor Roosevelt, and he's like, you Listussess Grant or something.
Speaker 4: Why he always wants to be the lady. What's happening?
Speaker 2: He's going to be seventy six on Friday.
Speaker 4: He'll always be sixty nine to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The Gopher women are now ranked twenty third. They have won eight straight games. They host number ten Ohio State tomorrow at seven o'clock. The Gophers are twenty and six Ohio State twenty two and four. Ohio State's just coming off a loss. They just lost to Maryland. But finally we were in that others receiving votes category. We were twenty sixth in both the AP and the coaches pull. But now the Gopher women ranked twenty third. Here we go. Hell yeah, good for them. But Gersey's having a ton of fun watching that team. He tweeted yesterday, they have like two home games left. You. I think you can get in for like ten bucks. I mean number ten Ohio State tomorrow night. Go watch a good game. What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 4: So Thomas Jefferson had some rules for life. I'll give you a couple and then we can do another score, and then I'll give you a couple more. Will you tell me you guys agree or disagree with Thomas Jefferson's rules for life. Now, I remember this is back in eighteen hundreds, right, early eighteen hundreds, late seventeen hundreds, so maybe things have changed.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's going to say, stay off your phone. No, no, maybe be stay present, be in the now, stop doom scrolling.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Maybe here's the first three one of them. You've heard a lot. Probably never put off tomorrow what you can do today. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I'm a pretty good procrastinating me too.
Speaker 4: If I can do it tomorrow, i'd probably rather do that.
Speaker 2: Would wait way way, rather do it tomorrow. Then I don't have to do it today. That's fantastic. So far he's off to a bad start.
Speaker 4: Never trouble others with what you can do yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that. Again, I'd rather have other people do it for me. Like, for example, this afternoon, I get somebody coming over to try to fix the washing machine because I think the fuel not the fuel pump, the water like the fuel pump. I think the pump's broken or something. So anyway, could I figure it out and do it?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 2: But it might take me days, and I would get pissed, have somebody else do it? Is it?
Speaker 4: Hot ass?
Speaker 2: No? What hot ass could figure that out? Probably?
Speaker 4: And number three and never spend your money before you have it.
Speaker 2: That's really good.
Speaker 4: That's a good one.
Speaker 7: But yeah, but what if let me ask you a question, can I can I amend that point? What if the slot machines are just hanging on to it for you?
Speaker 2: You gotta spend money to make money sometimes. You know, Jefferson's over three. This guy's supposed to be one of the good ones. Yeah. Man, times were different, I would say I would say, do things tomorrow, let other people do them today, and spend money before you have it. Yeah. So I'm kind of anti Jefferson, you know what I'm saying. I mean, I put money down on the house that I didn't have. I like my house. Yeah take that, Jefferson. Yeah, take that step. And I'm having somebody else fix my washing machine. And that's today. I'm not doing it today. Man, I'm really living the anti Jefferson life here.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, you guys should follow my leading mentioned earlier. But Twins pitcher Pablo Lopez left the team's first full squad workout with elbow soreness. He's gonna get an MRI. Not good. I didn't. I don't know if the results are out, but as of last night, they were just saying he was getting an MRI.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I haven't heard anything about just make a bad situation worse.
Speaker 2: Yep, I'm sure Twins Daily dot com will be all over it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: If it's yeah, if it if it's significant, it's really bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's our opening day starter, right, yeah, yeah. What really matters is this.
Speaker 4: Take care of your sense. Your dollars will take care of themselves.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know. I like that one.
Speaker 4: Tell me about it, Explain it, because like, what's you mean?
Speaker 2: I think he means like, take care of your sense, and like your sense adds up right, and if you take care of that, hang on to that, that'll add up to the dollars that you need. I've never needed this button more cost zero loud.
Speaker 4: You can all that and that last.
Speaker 7: Bit pure gibberish, right, like hang on to your pennies and quarters because eventually they will become dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is it spelled c nts. Yes it is, yes, Okay, because I was thinking, maybe you're pretty smelly back, and so can you say that again though, how did he word.
Speaker 4: Take care of your sense? Your dollars will take care of themselves. Yeah, I think he means take care of the small stuff.
Speaker 2: See, because that's so crazy, because I'm not trying to just do the bit. I would argue the opposite, worry about the big stuff and don't sweat the small stuff, you know what I mean. But I think he's saying the small stuff adds up, and he's not wrong there. But if you're going to focus on the little stuff or the big stuff, that's not sweat the small stuff, right, Control what you can control. Worry about the big stuff. All right, he can get my vote. Yeah, who's he running against?
Speaker 4: Maybe you like this with Dallin. I don't think he's stalling.
Speaker 2: I don't think he was an American.
Speaker 4: What's happened cost us more than hunger, thirst or cold? Pride? Okay?
Speaker 9: Yeah, and pride comes before the fall?
Speaker 4: Who said that?
Speaker 2: I think pride's in June, so that is Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think pride is what Tommy always says. Hm hmm, yeah.
Speaker 2: Saw us explain that one we say it again?
Speaker 4: Please, pride costs us more than hunger, thirst or cold.
Speaker 7: I think what he's mean I think what uh he's saying not meaning. I think what he's saying there is like you can be hungry, you can be cold, you can be thirsty, but don't lose your pride.
Speaker 4: It's the last thing you have.
Speaker 2: No try again. Is that right or wrong? Let's try again? What else could it be?
Speaker 4: Plase, say it again?
Speaker 2: Please pride yep costs.
Speaker 4: Us more than hunger, thirst or cold.
Speaker 7: I think you got to hang on to your pride. I think your pride's got to be your top priority. I agree, and you know you couldn't start to death, but at least you died with your pride.
Speaker 2: A gatoring would be great.
Speaker 7: But if you have your pride, pure gibberish pride, amazing.
Speaker 2: You gotta hold onto your pride. Guess yeah, you got to.
Speaker 4: Guys, you're getting beat fifteen to nothing. It's a hockey game. Hold on your pride, though.
Speaker 2: Don't you dare take a sip of that water. It's more important to hold onto your pride. I'm cold, don't care. How's your pride, Johnny? Quit playing with your pride? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Keep yeah, keep your pride away from everybody.
Speaker 2: I think what he's saying is make sure that your sense is small, see, and that your pride is big. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well my my sense is cold because it's cold. Yeah, it's small because it's cold outside.
Speaker 2: Well, don't sweat the small stuff. Yeah, there's nothing to do with your peanut. So everything does pride costs us more? So it's more valuable or it's pride more costly. Yeah, it's more of a death side. So it is to hang on to your pride. So you should let go of your pride. Let go or your pride and just you know, have some small sense, C E and T s.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't get a penny to save my life no more.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. By the way, how many sores now are doing the doing the bragging about rounding down on pennies, Which is fine, it's good. I'd rather have you guys rounding down than rounding up. But there's a lot of people that are like, are we round down now? And speaking of pride, they give you the nod like you're welcome. I'm like, wow, thanks for saving me two cents.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Thanks. I guess that adds up over time. According to Jefferson, yes see, but there's a lot of businesses that are advertising that swept probably round down. Okay, pennies are dumb. No, but what Yeah that was that was a know Nino Nita riders getting in a little skirmish here screen. Yeah, more of what really matters after this. This is the power trom want to show on the fin.
Speaker 4: Night. Welcome back here we are. Marsy's coming in a little bit. I'm guessing right, yes, sir, good good, good good, and uh, our special guest would be coming in a little bit as well. Here's a little preview for you ready, yes, hus Yeah, amazing hot loots.
Speaker 2: You got that guy, that's the guy.
Speaker 4: That's just a hint, that's all. That's all. Tommy's coming in on a Tuesday.
Speaker 2: So if the guy who voiced his amazing hot rods is the special guest, Yeah, where will this rank in terms of the best days of your life? Top ten? Yeah? Top ten?
Speaker 4: Okay, al right, non family related?
Speaker 2: Uh one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I figured yeah. One.
Speaker 7: If you just came in here and every time we were like, hey, what do you got and he just said amazing hot rods, I'd laugh every time.
Speaker 2: I believe you.
Speaker 4: But he has to have the music underneath him. Ye, I don't think he's going to I'm sorry. I can't remember his name. I should, It's in there somewhere. Zach. What's the name of the big deep voice guy for the Yeah, Alan Roach, great guy, right, Yeah, when you're talking to him in person. You guys have all talked to him in for some you haven't, it's unbelievable that that voice is coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's a giant dude, so you know, it's not like it doesn't fit him. It does. But you're just like, that's the deepest voice I've ever heard on a living human being. And he's like, if you're talking to him, like, I'm sure when he goes through the drive through, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yea, sure, you know, well do you hear? Stern did a whole segment out him the other day after the Super Bowl No, just talking about how it's the voice of God basically, and Howard was like, if I had that voice, I would have failed because I would just be a DJ because that voice is like, that's all you need. But he was joking about when Alan Roach basically hit puberty, He's like, Mom, I'm gonna go outside. Howard's got all those buttons where you can immediately change your voice, and he would do like that drop down devil voice. A crap, mom, No, he couldn't say more nice things about Alan roach Like that voice is unbelievable.
Speaker 4: And speaking of Stern, every time Duvall was on there with him, it was great man. And he was probably on there four or five times and listening. I mean he would if I would get embarrassed by some of the questions, but eventually he'd answer. That's great man. Always if you get a chance. That's good stuff, man, that's good stuff.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do more of what really matters, scores and stats around the world of sports. Crystal, change your life for something else.
Speaker 9: And by the way, Alan's doing a great job in the lawn too at him, but he's doing the Olympics hockey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's doing great.
Speaker 4: Yeah him, like in the arena.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and it's always like it's funny because it's his voice. So he'll make it Annalia scoring for US say blah blah blah blah. But then they also have like two other announcers that do it in different languages, right, who probably have an inferiority complex. Now oh yeah sure, yeah, yeah, yeah. They're like the goal USA and then the next one scoring for the right.
Speaker 4: It's unreal, man.
Speaker 2: I'll ask you the same thing I asked Muss yesterday. Why don't you do a handful of countries? Let me know what that sounds like. Go ahead, yeah, do some of the other ones. Yesterday he did it Italy, right, must did?
Speaker 4: Can I do Italy again?
Speaker 2: Because that seems like the safest.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's the Wild obviously, still in their Olympic break. Their next game is a week from Thursday, Feb twenty six, at Colorado the Wild. They're five points behind Colorado for first in the West, but Colorado has three games in hand, been right out of the gate against the best team in the NHL a week from Thursday. What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to dust my microphones. Just hit myselm in the eyeball. No, I just clobbered myself Now. I feel like Lawyer Lambert on a Friday night.
Speaker 2: He doesn't complain, though.
Speaker 4: I guess that the old third President of the United States and his uh rules for life because I love Sauce breaking it down for us.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you guys agree in that, but I do.
Speaker 4: I agree with this one. We never repent of eating too little.
Speaker 7: Does that mean like we never feel bad if we don't eat enough, or we don't feel we don't repent if we don't hold on.
Speaker 2: What does it mean like, uh, we.
Speaker 7: Shouldn't feel bad if we don't eat enough orget enough or like uh a enough z enough, life's enough.
Speaker 2: I caught zero logic and all that and that last bit isn't that close though, we shouldn't say it again.
Speaker 4: We never repent of eating too little.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we don't complain if we don't get enough because enough's enough.
Speaker 2: Life's good. I wonder the average intelligence of somebody in what year was this eighteen oh one?
Speaker 4: Well I don't know when he did this, but yeah, he was praying became president of eighteen oh one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my guess if you just got up on stage back then and was like, I'm going to use words like repent. Yeah, the average person's like, this guy is smart. We need to go for this guy. How do I do that?
Speaker 4: That's what Jim Jones did.
Speaker 2: He he lived by Hawk Right. You've asked multiple times do they have a giant sign when you show up in your town? This is the home of Jim Jones. It's like fifteen minutes from where Hawk grew up. Sure that they want a statue.
Speaker 4: I could have walked there. Yeah, what town was it. It's a town called lenn Indiana. L y n n.
Speaker 7: You've slept with a few lens, not a few Baker's, doesn't.
Speaker 2: The Wolves are so oft until Friday when they host Dallas at six thirty Minnesota is thirty four and twenty two. They start the post All Star break in sixth in the West. Oh, Anthony Edwards All Star Game MVP.
Speaker 4: I about that? Huh.
Speaker 2: That was a lot of fun.
Speaker 11: That was cool see him talking about Obama and every It's just cool to see how much the older generation loves Anthony Edwards too. Carmelal Anthony was just like glowing over Anthony Edwards and just all those guys have embraced him so much. And it's cool that you could tell that they want to pass the.
Speaker 4: Torch to him.
Speaker 2: Yeap, And sometimes I don't know if that matters to him. You know, he's straight up.
Speaker 11: Multiple times now, they asked him again for the weekend, do you want to be the face of the NBA, And again he said, no, you have Victor Webbinyama for that.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be that Yep.
Speaker 4: He did say that he didn't think who do who was he doing? Was a win Baniana. He said didn't want any part of being at the All Star Game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was Yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 4: They asked him that's something like you know.
Speaker 7: No it was Durant, Ok, yeah, because weby like try someone caring.
Speaker 2: I think it was Durant.
Speaker 11: Well, Durant didn't want to be there for other reasons because he got caught up like really hiscounter. Yeah, he got caught like allegedly there was a bunch of a group chat that leaked and it was Kevin Durant's burner account, and.
Speaker 2: He's like talking amazing. He just sent that over and over and over again. So he texted with Tommy.
Speaker 11: It was a group chat with you laughing and then Tommy and Zach going back and forth about hot Rod.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: But yeah, he got caught pretty much talking about.
Speaker 2: Like teammates from the Suns, from the Warriors something.
Speaker 11: Steph Curry Devin book are comparing the Son's coach to famous dictators sheep Yester Year, I mean love those there's some uh yeah, yeah, it's the opening act for amazing hot Rods, famous dictators. But yeah, it was. It's pretty bad and you could tell. I mean, it's still it's all alleged. But every single video where you see of him on All Star Sunday, he's looking at his phone and he looks trouble, sau he looks very trouble. My surner of your sirn Gopher men's basketball is at Oregon tonight at nine thirty.
Speaker 2: It's a late one. The Ducks are one and a half point favorites on DraftKings. One thirty four and a half is the over under. The Ducks are terrible. I didn't know that, but they are. They're terrible, nine and sixteen overall, two and twelve in the Big Ten. There you go, let's find a win here. I agree, we can do this.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 2: What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 4: Saucy Yes, sir, take things always by the smooth handle.
Speaker 7: I think he what he means by that is like, if the going gets rough, just grab it by the smooth handle and everything will be okay, don't worry about the rough handle.
Speaker 4: Well, that's the worst Bob Marley in the fash I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's close, right, I mean, I think I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 2: If I start a sentence with with all due respects, can I say anything after it?
Speaker 4: I mean, that's the rule I believe is.
Speaker 2: Okay, then with all due respect. There are some days I don't know how you cross the street without getting hit by a car, and today's one of them. I drive.
Speaker 4: Oh well, that's.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. Why did I assume you would walk?
Speaker 4: Walk?
Speaker 2: I went for a walk yesterday. That's how you did?
Speaker 7: Yeah, lou Dog and I went for a walk. It was nice out. What do you drive a Jeep Wrangler?
Speaker 2: Oh? Good, winning, Relax, it's just two doors man. It's cool though. It's a cool color.
Speaker 4: It is cool car man. Thanks.
Speaker 2: Thanks, what Jefferson was talking about back in the day. Right when you get in at jeep Wrangler, just grab it by the smooth side or the smooth handle. Yeah, you get it.
Speaker 4: Got it, brother, you got it.
Speaker 2: I'm asking a question that I should know, but I didn't write it down. What's the give me the curling update? Anybody know the curling update? Where are we at? It's over like we We've been doing a lot of winning, but are we getting close to the actual like knockout rounds? Are we still in round robin play? Where are we at with the gals and the guys?
Speaker 9: I think we uh the women play at seven o five against Denmark?
Speaker 2: I think, oh hell yeah, let's get that on the screen.
Speaker 9: We had a heart breaking not even all, just a very frustrating loss yesterday.
Speaker 2: I really did not help chances that went around women.
Speaker 4: We were we got pictures of this round robin, Yes, brilliant.
Speaker 9: So yeah, hopefully they can win the day and find their way into the round metal round, all your hands out round robin.
Speaker 2: He's just admitted he but yeah, he said, I'm interested serious, Well, he'd.
Speaker 7: Like to see pictures to see I mean he doesn't really, he's in regard.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: What if she's mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, when angry, count to ten before you speak. If very angry, count to one hundred.
Speaker 2: He's just meaning to take a break.
Speaker 7: If the going gets tough, grab the smooth handle and then start count and repent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, repent I'm not wrong on that one. I do that sometimes.
Speaker 4: Count to ten head yes.
Speaker 2: Us, if you counted to one hundred one second at a time, Yeah, how long would that take you? It would take you one hundred seconds. But how long is that?
Speaker 4: That's a minute and forty seconds?
Speaker 2: Now, we guess you back on track. Yeah, now that's nuts.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 2: Let's say let's say two people are getting into an argument and somebody says something that really pisses the other one off. A minute and forty seconds of silence would be the most awkward rage of all time, just stewing for one forty waiting to speak.
Speaker 4: Just a lot of guys with them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just start kissing, really start kissing. I don't know, I wasn't listening.
Speaker 4: Who are you kissing?
Speaker 2: Jefferson Thomas? So would you rather make out with Justin Jefferson or the third President of the United States? Man, that's a good question.
Speaker 4: It's not.
Speaker 7: One of them's been dead for like one hundred years, then make your choice. For a hundred years, you'd be worried about nineteen six which which president had wood teeth.
Speaker 4: Wash Washington washing it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they still have them on display. I guess why a.
Speaker 4: Lot of people used to have dentures that were made from dead people's teeth. Yeah, Jeffrey Dahmer, No, not for real, Like that's how they made dentures.
Speaker 2: For sure, they didn't have venears you got to get new teeth from somewhere. What are you gonna use? Some kind of a weird animal. Put another human tooth in there. You get the job done. Steal them, sure, steal them, Yeah them them, steal those.
Speaker 7: Take a deep breath, Rose, Yeah, come on, Rose anyway, Rosie all right, that'll do it.
Speaker 2: Man, we'll do the news in a second. Martie Gellner should be joining shortly. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the fan Stand.