Speaker 1: So no, you're wondering what is the connection between waffles and honeycombs. Well, the terms because of the grid like pattern.
Speaker 2: Obviously the irons used to cook.
Speaker 1: The early versions were sometimes called guffrie oers, from the French word for honeycomb. It makes sense, right, it does.
Speaker 2: Look like a honeycomb.
Speaker 3: Love it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Damn, I want waffles, Marty.
Speaker 4: You you obviously were driving in listening to the show.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you stop and get us thirty waffle? It's a great question. Get some dirty? Did you say dirty?
Speaker 4: What is a dirty waffle? I don't want I don't want dirty waffles. I want thirty waffles.
Speaker 2: Okay do you? I mean depending on what food. I'm not sure I could eat it all that I mean, where I see I do serve a purpose?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are a dirty waffle.
Speaker 5: Where would one just grab thirty waffles on the way in? There's not a drive. Who would steal thirty bag lunches?
Speaker 3: That's a great scene. They're all stone.
Speaker 4: I don't know where you would get thirty waffles. I really don't know, but I'm just going to keep saying it. So somebody manifested for us owls.
Speaker 5: The Belgian ones that have the little bit of a crust on the outside. Oh, come on.
Speaker 2: That's kind of weird.
Speaker 4: That's weird, Marns. I assume you were driving in listening to me. Also say that you will be going for a fourth consecutive win on Friday.
Speaker 2: Is that the a tire record? Yeah? Yeah, pressures on.
Speaker 5: I really stumbled into some luck.
Speaker 4: Well again, you're squaring off against Parish when it comes down to it.
Speaker 2: Most of the time except for this one. Yeah, this last one that has been gimme Yeah, all of America? How about this Mall of America on Friday? And then one week from today we're at your spot.
Speaker 4: We're at Shields for Toys for Tots all day the fan one week from today on location.
Speaker 5: Man, that's a there's a great vibe about that, Toys for Tots. It's there's I don't it feels like now we're in the holidays, people are donating. It's just there's a vibe. And so what if they have waffles.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they sell waffle makers. They got everything, So I mean, we can make it happen. Man.
Speaker 3: My goal for the day now is to get waffles.
Speaker 2: Doesn't have like regular waffles?
Speaker 3: Are you going to order something.
Speaker 2: I was trying. I was gonna surprise you.
Speaker 1: Always waffles does not? I know they have Belgian waffles, but they needs the same. I don't need it to be covered in sugar. Just give me a waffle.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 5: You know there's a Hope breakfast bar right now.
Speaker 2: That's what I get every time I go. Yeah, okay, that's done.
Speaker 3: Deal.
Speaker 2: I'm ordering to saw some waffles. What you think of that? You don't get it? Yeah, you don't get it. I don't need to have any That's why I'm saying. I'm trying to do it for you. Why for there's no Luisai Steve's future. That's kind of you. Does he like waffles? I don't know if he's had waffle. Why are you neglecting him? It's neglect No.
Speaker 5: What's not Minus would love waffles?
Speaker 3: Thank you yesterday.
Speaker 5: But I'm sorry, but yesterday when you didn't know your grandpa's name was hilarious.
Speaker 2: Speaking of that. Speaking of that, I don't know if you guys.
Speaker 4: Follow his lovely wife kel on social media, I blocked me.
Speaker 2: In your view ones.
Speaker 3: If you obstacles Jesus.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, my god, that's a great name for them. Sorry, go ahead obstacles. Yesterday we learned didn't know his grandfather's name, and he said, well, he died before I was born. That's not a good sixty five, not a good excuse. It's your grandpa.
Speaker 4: Anyway, he wasn't sure if his grandpa's name was Lewis or Steve, and then he thought, no, it's Steve.
Speaker 2: And then he thought, well, no, wait, maybe it's Lewis, but his nickname was Stephen. We're like, what is happening?
Speaker 4: His lovely wife, Kelly on Twitter posted a screenshot of an exchange that looks like she had with your mom, because this is your mom, this is daughter. Yes, uh so your mom was asked, oh, yeah, that's the same thing.
Speaker 2: What is your dad's full name?
Speaker 4: Paul's not quite sure, and now we have the entire story. How could he maybe get Lewis and Steve confused? How could a guy with the first name Lewis have the nickname Steve his full name Lewis Stevenson Bricker. Yeah, and your wife says he was about two thirds correct.
Speaker 3: So what's your name?
Speaker 4: Louis Lewis Stephenson Bricker. But it was but Louis was not named after him. I mean, yeah, in a way, but Lewis and Louie are two different things.
Speaker 6: The words.
Speaker 2: So you you partially named your son after him, but wasn't sure what his name was.
Speaker 7: No, I knew what his name was, but I didn't know if it was his middle name or his first name.
Speaker 2: Not worth looking call you name your son, No, but like they called him Steve. They called him Steve, and he loved sardines. We learned that yesterday. Ye yeah, that man's breath.
Speaker 3: Sardines are discussed.
Speaker 2: They called him sardine Steve.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See they man, what a wild ride. You are an enigma, and I mean that in the most positive way. You're the weirdest dude I've ever met, not named Paul Allen.
Speaker 5: You know I would call you interesting, weird.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I know him with enigma, like you're a mystery. I don't understand you, but I still am intrigued by you.
Speaker 7: You know, really, I think you hate me ninety nine percent of the See, you're so lucky you're terrible at math.
Speaker 3: Well because it less, I swear you.
Speaker 2: Less than that.
Speaker 5: We know is Steve Stephen and his name not only.
Speaker 3: Is I like to laugh at other people.
Speaker 5: You're saying his nickname is t Bone to the point where I had no idea his name was Steve. All I knew him was t Bone. I mean, obviously I knew his birth name wasn't t Bone, but because his siblings by siblings when he was young, couldn't say Stephen and sound like t bone t Bone, So he's t Bone. And his wife, of course, is Spinda, so it's t Bone and spind us.
Speaker 2: Paul, your hands up.
Speaker 3: Spind up.
Speaker 2: Depends on her obstacles.
Speaker 1: She's willing to spend the night.
Speaker 3: Spend.
Speaker 5: His name is Linda.
Speaker 7: Oh, so we called her Spinda.
Speaker 3: It's like, it's like the Beezer story.
Speaker 7: I didn't know what his real name was until like two years after I met him, because everybody called him the Beezer just like that. It's just like that is name, John King, like the guy on CNN who points at maps.
Speaker 3: That's a terrible name.
Speaker 5: Beezer is a far more interesting name.
Speaker 3: He might be dead, but I still like the Beezer.
Speaker 2: Who might be.
Speaker 5: Dead, John Kings.
Speaker 2: I've been talked to it a lot, So everybody that you haven't talked about might be dead. For a child, he's dead.
Speaker 1: I can't see him. I just passed a carr Those people must be dead.
Speaker 2: What was the name of our first president?
Speaker 9: Me?
Speaker 3: His name was me George Washington?
Speaker 2: How do you know that he was dead before you were born?
Speaker 1: Believe ording you, guys, Waffles. But then it got too hard, I quit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the right one, that's the right play. Let's do the news get won't you just do something.
Speaker 6: Camp news with Chris Hockey rin the twenty twenty six I h you guys, Senior champion ninety percent of the time.
Speaker 2: Brother, Yeah, listen to the holkster.
Speaker 6: Us A check Ya Sweden, Slovakia, Switzerland, Germany, Finland, Canada, Lafia, Denmark.
Speaker 3: They're all coming and split its own.
Speaker 6: Next month, it's the World Junior Championship, World Junior sim in two six dot com.
Speaker 3: Get your tickets today, Junior.
Speaker 1: What amust have anybody in uh, in high school or in grade school that did they went by.
Speaker 2: The name Junior. Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, so we had two one of them, you know, he was like, you know, John Price Junior or whatever. The other one his first name legally was Junior.
Speaker 2: Was it his dad that beat you up? No?
Speaker 1: No, no, completely different guy. But he was a fighter. He's a good fighter.
Speaker 2: Old junior weird.
Speaker 5: Did any of you guys who have children consider if you had male children Corey naming your child your name?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm an egomaniac. I thought about naming my daughter after me. You could do Corey.
Speaker 2: It is an ambiguous name. There was a Corey in the real world, remember her. I think that was San Francisco.
Speaker 1: If I get some people knocked up, I got some good names lined up.
Speaker 7: Please tell God go for it.
Speaker 1: Stephen John Lambert Bricker.
Speaker 3: That's just the first name you've thought of this.
Speaker 1: Mister Bricker was our shop class. I've talked about him before. And mister Bricker my senior year, I had to take shop class, which everybody else in class was a freshman. I was the only so. He had just been through the worst divorce this side of the Coyote Mountains, right. He would go out and during class he'd get the kids started. He and I would go out back and he would just talk to me and smoke cigarettes. The freshmen were in class making something out of metal, and he and I were out back behind the shop class. He's just pounding line darts, telling me about his woes.
Speaker 4: We don't remember that one teachers. Next time Zach does that, read, just shout out to mister Brooker for his cigarettes and his conversations.
Speaker 1: Mister Bricker, no chance, he's still alive.
Speaker 7: How sad it was when you would stay home, it'd be so sad.
Speaker 1: You're the only guy I can talk to long.
Speaker 3: Darts in front of.
Speaker 4: If we can rewind about three minutes, Zach said, Cechia?
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, when did when did Czech Republic stop being a thing? When the Iron curtain fell? That when they changed the name. That was when it was from Czechoslovakia to Czech Republic.
Speaker 4: So when did when did the Czech Republic turn into Czechia?
Speaker 3: Czech? Yeah?
Speaker 2: How do you even say it?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to say it.
Speaker 4: I always thought it was progue like Czech Republic, chech Nia Czech check.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is Czech Yeah, chech chech is different. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're very particular, I guess about that. So this is Czechia Czech yah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Czech Lewis and Louis check different.
Speaker 8: Slovakia became a thing in nineteen ninety three. Mm, so that's when they like split Czechoslovakia.
Speaker 4: So then Czechia and Slovakia have been separate since ninety three.
Speaker 1: You know where, because he will never go.
Speaker 8: Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'll go to Slovakia. Just wait a minute, who's paying for it?
Speaker 3: Just pay for the pretty business?
Speaker 2: Would schedule's pretty full? Man?
Speaker 3: Man, Prague looks awesome.
Speaker 2: It does. Prague is awesome. That's what everybody says. Everybody says that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So again, as I would have said, like, hey, should we go to the Czech Republic? And I would have been wrong. It's not even a thing.
Speaker 1: A lottery players have one more shot at the massive powerball jackpot before Thanksgiving. There's no Grand Pi's prize winner on Monday night, so the jackpot jumps to six eighty one. The next drawing on Wednesday night, cash option works out about three fifteen.
Speaker 2: What's the other one at? Is the other one over a billion?
Speaker 1: Now it doesn't say in this story, so I don't if somebody wonder or what. I have no idea because I don't remember us doing the story. This is the power ball, so the mega millions, I don't know if somebody look it up.
Speaker 3: Somebody must have because it's that seventy million.
Speaker 2: Man must have missed that. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Nine and eighty million dollars winter in one in noonan Georgia.
Speaker 2: Noon in Georgia. Nine hundred and eighty million dollars too much, God, that would be great, Pretty cool. That'd be pretty cool.
Speaker 3: I would eat so much.
Speaker 4: I'd be picking up all the checkia is all over the country. If I had nine hundred and eighty million, I'd be going to check. Yeah, you'd be long gone. Oh well, after I do the bonus plan of not letting anybody know that I have it, and then just gaslighting you guys for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: Gotta be the best.
Speaker 1: The average cost of a Thanksgiving turkey is higher this year than last year. That's according to the financial website finance booze.
Speaker 2: It's like a dollar nour finance what Booze.
Speaker 1: Costs of the turkeys are more than eleven percent higher than last year, just over thirty four dollars for a fifteen pound bird. I like turkey a lot, man.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna ask that. It's kind of it's the state, right, It's a symbol of Thanksgiving, but it doesn't always taste.
Speaker 1: You gotta be particularly good at it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta just cover it. And all the other fish smothered and gravy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, man, Corey turkey ever not since I was like eight and I hated it. You know what would be cool is just I think, uh, maybe we just get turkey breast. Can you just buy like a big old hunk of turkey breast?
Speaker 3: Yeah? The obstacles. Yeah, and that's the title of the podcast.
Speaker 1: Well said, I think maybe we had to start cooking the whole turkey because I ain't know by going no it is.
Speaker 3: It is weird.
Speaker 2: We had this happen in my house.
Speaker 4: Once you once you rip the band aid off and say like, hey, let's just do something non turkey this year, it's so much easier than in subsequent years.
Speaker 2: That's why were we so stuck on tury. We can do whatever we want. We've got to rip the band aid once and then it's real easy to move on.
Speaker 3: You can do it.
Speaker 2: We did it.
Speaker 5: We did it last year. We did all the sides. I mean we it was just the four of us for the first time ever, and we agree eat on the four or five sides or whatever, and then we voted on the meat and turkey was an option. Ham was an option, and uh, filet from Costco was the landslide winner.
Speaker 3: What it must he want?
Speaker 4: But I'm saying go even more extreme than even the severs, like completely go off the grid.
Speaker 2: Mohammed said that to Thanksgiving table, did he get what he wanted? Forget You're on camera.
Speaker 4: Was covered and oh my god, come on ge never mind, just go back to Turkey.
Speaker 3: What do you guys do?
Speaker 2: Corlos?
Speaker 4: But like, I don't know, she's done like seafood and stuff in the past, even like just completely That's what I'm saying, Martes, forget the side, just do like tacos and jelly beans.
Speaker 2: Just go like she said. Yeah a, Rosie screamed.
Speaker 1: Rosie finally picked up the check. I'll be paying for these tacos.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 5: So you're saying more like, have a spaghetti dinner.
Speaker 2: Just go way off.
Speaker 7: The meat.
Speaker 2: You could keep the pizza yish exactly. Yea, do what you want just to get together.
Speaker 5: Probably make a great memory. Remember that I can't Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: When yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: That's something I can't wait because my mommy and daddy got here last night. Abil is coming home.
Speaker 2: Today's can be good about just a pile of waffles for Thanksgiving? You don't need to have any meat? Sure, yeah, man, done? So howk are you cooking? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Look at you that well technically I mean all of us will, but yeah, all right, you know I'm gonna take my power Ball jack Boy winnings and go buy a Turkey's what you're gonna do with your money?
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go be friends with Mark rosen Goby not true at all. He hates you.
Speaker 2: And if you're thinking about eating at the airport, you're okay.
Speaker 1: The MSP International Airport food and hospitality workers avoided to strike before Thanksgiving, so good for them, so you can eat on when you're traveling.
Speaker 4: All right, So somebody helped me out because I'm a p one of Twin Cities Live last what was it? Thursday? Ben and Elizabeth broadcast from MSP and the other side of the security. They were like, in the whatever kind of cool that is? I didn't think poles, Yeah that was kind of cool anyway. Then they said that there is a movie theater at MSP. What like a hidden movie theater? Is it for like long layoffs? You can go watch a movie?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 4: And I'm like, wait a minute, what the hell are they talking about? I guess there's a movie theater somewhere at MSP what what like an.
Speaker 5: Old one that's shut down or currently showing may I don't know.
Speaker 4: I didn't stick. I didn't want the whole show. I didn't see if they ever showed us what it looked like. But I guess there's some kind of a theater that's like a secret hidden theater eighteen.
Speaker 11: It's next to Gate C eighteen mm hmm, and it showcases a variety of films, short films, documentaries, music videos by Minnesota filmmakers.
Speaker 2: But is it like you buy tickets or is it just you can walk in there and kill.
Speaker 3: Time out in the open. Actually, okay, there's some seats like there's a win. It's not even dark in there.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, that's a little bit different. I thought it was like truly okay free and you can just walk in.
Speaker 4: I thought it was, Hey, if you have a six hour layover, if you want to go see the Avengers, buy a ticket and walk in. That would be next level, right, buying actual movie tickets because you have a layover.
Speaker 1: That significance crazy, that's an interesting thing.
Speaker 2: I can't believe I didn't know that. So you learned something watching Twin Cities Live. You know what I mean? Yeah, man, there's a Rosie joke in there somewhere.
Speaker 4: By the way, Elizabeth did text me yesterday and said that she did not name She did not name Heathcliff after both Doctor Huxtable or or the cat.
Speaker 2: So it's not Cosby related or cat related. They just like the name.
Speaker 3: That's a coolner.
Speaker 4: We were really crossing our fingers that it was not named after the case cause.
Speaker 2: Man Bill Cosby, Oh Billy Oh.
Speaker 4: Sauce does sports after this. Marnie Gilner is still here. John Bonus is still here. This is the Power Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 6: No Man, kf An and the Vikings are teaming up for Toys four Tots. Join us live at Shields and Eden Prairie from five thirty in the morning until six thirty at night on Tuesday, December second, for our annual broadcast presented by Unreal. Bring a toy, spread some joy, and if you're one of the first fifty donors each show, you'll score a week Kfan Unreal Winter Beanie.
Speaker 3: Details at kfan dot com slash toys.
Speaker 2: Ah, Yes, Marni and Bonie must be Tuesday. Hi guys, must be the money morning. Hey, hey boneye yes, sir, my main man, Yes sir.
Speaker 1: By the way, Jonathan Gerard will be calling us today eight thirty. But when you go to the GM meetings, yes, sir, you're not going to that. You're going to I'm going to the Winter meeting, the Winter Meetings right in to the GM meetings.
Speaker 2: Two weeks right.
Speaker 1: So if the gms have already spoken to you, who speaks to you now?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 12: I again, I haven't been to the Winter Meetings before, so I don't know all the different things that are there. My understanding is that this is the This is almost like a baseball convention, baseball industry conventions. So there's lots of interviews with managers, not just the general managers. The general managers also have lots of You get a lot of time with general managers. If you're part of the following thing, you also get I think there's like an hour with almost every manager.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: Press press conference, uh.
Speaker 12: And then lots of media and booths and like I'm starting to get notifications like you know, so and so who makes bats is going to have some sort of sort of display there.
Speaker 2: Do I want to go take a look at them learn about that. So I feel it's almost like it's like.
Speaker 12: The baseball version of comic Con is kind of what the impression hike out?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna cosplay? Go as a furry, go as TC?
Speaker 3: There you go?
Speaker 2: Is that what we're gonna learn about the players that are posted from Japan? Bonus?
Speaker 12: So we're going to learn more about them at the winter meeting. I mean, you'll learn about everybody at everybody at the Winter meetings. I mean it's also you know, when the agents gather, so that's another group that you can talk to a lot, you know, if somebody wants to pump up their players, et cetera. So I am I'm just going there to keep my head on a swivel and see what we can find for the various sites.
Speaker 2: Is Wabble gonna be there Miami?
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 2: Okay, sometimes I don't have time to wait for the truth. It comes backline.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Sports time with that guy what's that guy's name?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want to do sports? I'd love to.
Speaker 1: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, presented by All Around your Timber Tech deck building contractor.
Speaker 7: We will talk more about this in the next segment, but the Vikings battle the Seahawks on Sunday at three oh five pregame at one, the Vikings have put J. J. McCarthy in the concussion protocol. We'll find out more tomorrow when the first injury report comes out. The Seahawks are now ten and a half point favorite. Wait until they get a lot of Max Brosimer on Sunday.
Speaker 2: I can't wait. Look, let's have some fun. Do you like sazzy ten and a half?
Speaker 3: I would take the Seahawks.
Speaker 2: No, not ten and a half?
Speaker 9: Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Core, I'm done sports betting. Oh great, I've just done giving you money. I'll do it perfect. Hondy, hondy, hondy it this. I get the bikes, you give me ten and a half. Yes, first time you ever done that.
Speaker 2: That's true. So yeah, so your turn Still.
Speaker 7: Twelve ended with the Niners reading of Week twelve, the Niners beating the Panthers twenty to nine.
Speaker 2: Brack Party through three picks.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: The Niners are eight and four, the Panthers are six and six.
Speaker 4: Year for the Niners, they're kind of flying under the radar because they've been.
Speaker 2: Up and down and they've had Mac Jones in there a bunch. So they're just eight and four. No one's talking about and no one thinks they're going to do anything. But they're just flying under the radar. We'll see what happens with them. Would you want Mac Jones on this team next year? Yeah you would? Yeah, hmmm. I doubt he's gonna stay in San Francisco. He's going to go somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe we've got a better and cheaper Max already on the rest.
Speaker 1: Now we do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, m see what you did.
Speaker 2: They're kind of I mean, Max Max whatever, though it's very close. See what you did, though, sauce you keeping up or not? I'm trying to think about what well, I can't think when people are watching. You think everybody's staring at right now? Yeah, what are you thinking about? Who the quarterback might be in twenty twenty six? If it's not somebody on this roster? I mean they could draft one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they might have like.
Speaker 7: The sixth overall pick, but every team Infernia needs one. And it's not a very good QB draft. Every team Infernia, Infernia. Yeah, it's a book. I it's a draft book.
Speaker 3: I'm Brandy.
Speaker 2: My grandpa gave me that book.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Louis Stevenson, Bryan.
Speaker 2: That bricker doesn't even know his grandpa's name.
Speaker 3: Grandpa's name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mister Bricker will help you. What Week thirteen start to the Turkey Day triple header? Oh my god, you actually wrote that into your phone, didn't you. I did Turkey Day bad?
Speaker 3: That's on.
Speaker 7: The Lions hosts the Packers at noon. The Lions are between a one and a half to two and a half point favorite. The Cowboys host the Chiefs at three point.
Speaker 3: Thirty am.
Speaker 7: Casey is a three point favorite, and the Ravens host the Bengals at seven twenty. The Ravens are a seven point favorite and Joe Earl will likely start for the Bengals.
Speaker 4: For years and years and years and years and years when the Lions were terrible and unwatchable, it was like, man, the Thanksgiving Day lineup sucks. All three of these games are good for different reasons of the lineup. Yeah, and we got the Black Friday game on Friday, Bears at Eagles. So we have four games that should be pretty good within you know, a little over twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, not a bad, not a bad window of sports. Did anybody losing the Serviverpool.
Speaker 7: No, no, all those Lions almost did in the the Ravens, who a lot of us took for down like three nothing deep into the game against the awful Jets.
Speaker 3: Let's see here.
Speaker 7: The Timberwolves lost last night one seventeen to one twelve.
Speaker 2: They were up by ten with like three minutes left.
Speaker 3: They are now.
Speaker 7: The Kings are now five and thirteen. Ant had forty three. He's not the problem. The Wolves will battle the seventeen and one thunder tomorrow. Fleets scored thirty in a NBA Cup game.
Speaker 3: Howk you'll be watching?
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, I can't wait. I like the different colored floors.
Speaker 3: I think you're on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's that was a real tough That was a tough loss, and it comes on the heels of a really bad loss in Phoenix, being of eight with fifty seconds to go. It's the composure element of it is catching me off guard, because that was going to be a strength of our team, was the continuity, the veterans we played together before, we're running it back and then to have these sort of frantic we don't know what to do looking moments deep in games is concerning. It's also that we were going to be better in crunch time, close games, big moments. The Wolves were not a good team in that category last year. That was going to be a marked area of improvement and on the radar, and we're working on it, and so far in these last two games, they've been anything but. And I did not anticipate that, Max No.
Speaker 8: I mean, like you said, we thought the Continuity was going to be a strengths team and it just kind of something feels off. The vibes just just feel off with this team right now, and they don't look like they're up to par with the rest. I mean, we're seeing some of these teams that basically kind of ran it back, like the Thunder, like the Pistons, that are doing really well, and the Wolves just are They're not even they don't even seem like they're in the same stratosphere as those type of teams. And this is a team that made the Western Conference Finals back to back years. I mean, they have a different set of expectations on their shoulders this year than any other year in Timberwolves franchise history, and they're just blowing games late to bad teams and it's like stunning collapses, like not just short, small, little collapse. It's like they're blowing an eight point lead with forty seconds to go, giving up a ten ozer run to the Kings in a minute in the fourth quarter, and using to a team that only had four wins at the time that you beat by thirty points a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: It's just there.
Speaker 2: It doesn't seem like they're they're taking it very serious.
Speaker 4: What's nuts if they just close out these last two games against Phoenix and Sacramento. They're twelve and five and no one's complaining, but they blow two strange games, and now you're ten and seven and it feels like it's falling apart.
Speaker 5: Things can change real quickly, though, as we know in the NBA, and there is your perspective, it is early. We're ten and seven. It is a long season. If you can learn from this, survive this, be better because of it, then we look back and go, remember those two losses in November. Wow, that made us a really good team.
Speaker 3: They need a point guard.
Speaker 5: A couple of things. But yeah, that that is becoming more and more evidence.
Speaker 2: Yep, Well, go get LaMelo ball. He wants out of Charlotte. Yeah, how would you feel about LaMelo Ball on this team. No, LaMelo Ja Moran Ja Moran man.
Speaker 8: Closed, Yeah, I would, I would love. I would love John Moran or LaMelo Baw honestly, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean what about Carmelo s Hawk would proper?
Speaker 3: No, he would definitely would Cat.
Speaker 7: Then what currently they have a point guard and hawkys basketball?
Speaker 4: You would want a Meadow soprano or Carmelo? Can we call her Carmelo?
Speaker 2: He's fine either, Yeah, he don't care Carmelo. Viking's news is next.
Speaker 4: Obviously, the big news is Jad McCarthy, which means the big news might be Max Brosmer.
Speaker 2: We can talk about that after this Power trop morning show on No Fan.
Speaker 6: Hungry for football, head to Boardwalk Kitchen and Bar and Chakapy for the big game. Big Roast twenty five dollars played, stacked with pig roast sauces and sides, drink specials all day and Campan's own meat sauce is watching the Purple take on Seattle with you at kickoff until three pm. I'm sharp full info cafe dot com. Heward calendar.
Speaker 2: Where's that says it's in shock Ape?
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I'll be there on Sunday three to five.
Speaker 5: Do you think they'll have a lot of bacon because it's a pig roast? So are they going to focus on the you know ham?
Speaker 7: I would hope they focus on the entire pig because a pig roast is outstanding.
Speaker 2: Hm hmm.
Speaker 3: Hey wait Marnie, but that's uh. What would you say is your favorite type of favorite part of the pig?
Speaker 5: Anything but but anything?
Speaker 3: But what do you want to talk about me?
Speaker 5: Anything?
Speaker 3: I'd like to talk about the vikings that could be in my butt?
Speaker 5: Anything but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the show's done doing spots for sex World.
Speaker 1: No anything.
Speaker 2: That officially closed a couple of months ago.
Speaker 3: Summer nice.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 2: What's in that spot now?
Speaker 3: Knows?
Speaker 5: Anything but.
Speaker 3: Toilet paper?
Speaker 1: Hey, before I do vikings news, I want to mention this for our friend. Give me the mic dot com m I k e. Give me the mic dot.
Speaker 2: Com Mike Marco. That's right.
Speaker 1: If you want to know where to go see Christmas lights, he's got everything marked a map, every with a little dot for every place. Someplace new? Are you someplace far away? What the actual decorations look like? You want to see the biggest holiday lights in Minnesota and Wisconsin? Go to give me the mic dot com. He does a great job with that, man.
Speaker 3: That's sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that was always one of our traditions as a family when I was a kid. We'd get in the car and drive around on Christmas even see the Christmas lights. You don't have to wait till Christmas Eve, and you don't have to go all the way to the luth although I would encourage you to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're mi, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: That's great, great, Can you leave now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's too.
Speaker 7: Uh greasy out. I can't see the Kemps building next to us and all the malk God. I hope when you go to Hell, Satan takes you on as a lover, spicy Satan sex for the.
Speaker 3: Rest of you.
Speaker 2: So like South Park.
Speaker 3: I basically I've never had an original idea in my life.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I love the idea that you go through a process and see it's like, okay, I'll take you on. It's a lover.
Speaker 3: Ad that's on fire.
Speaker 2: Something to look forward to him.
Speaker 1: On the Power Trip presented by Thank You So Yesterday, Ladies, Joe, Thanks to our friends ragg by the way, it was a shocker when KOs stepped to the party and said this.
Speaker 9: You know over the course of our travel home, reported some kind of symptoms and uh in regards to you know, his head, and we wanted to get back here once we you know, kind of heard that he was evaluated last night and after completing those tests, our training staff and doctors and medical team have decided that the right place for him is put him into the protocol for now and he'll go through that process this week.
Speaker 1: And him, of course being JJ McCarthy. Uh, here's KOs on JJ McCarthy this weekend.
Speaker 9: With the quarterbacks not really taking contact in practice in the different phases of the protocol, I think we got to just take it a day at a time and leave it to the medical professionals and the protocol. It's in place for a reason. We're by the book, you know, every step of the way on that. And I'm a huge proponent of the protocol and this and the procedures in in place for the betterment of the most important thing, which is player health and safety.
Speaker 2: So who will replace JJ?
Speaker 3: Mt Kale Max would take those take those reps.
Speaker 9: But like I said, you know, with how the practice week is going to go and Thanksgiving and things like that, there's a timeline there where you know, I think first and foremost will make the decision through the eyes of the medical professionals and the not only our staff, but the independent folks, And it's a medical thing first and foremost, And then I do think, you know, then at that point, you know, once you know, we see where we're at in the week and what it's looked like preparation wise, then we can make a football decision. But until then, you know, I look at look at it clearly as a medical decision.
Speaker 1: There you go, what are your thoughts, Marns, You know.
Speaker 5: What, It's been a It's been a tough couple of days.
Speaker 9: I have.
Speaker 5: A lot of thoughts and feelings because I watched the game as a lot of us did as a fan, and it was hard to watch, and it got to the point where I was feeling bad for everybody on the field, for JJ McCarthy in particular. Who did our play by play for that game, said Hawk.
Speaker 2: Knows was John Kelly, Joe Davis.
Speaker 3: That was it John Kelly.
Speaker 5: At one point he said, this is one of the worst hals of football I have ever seen. And he wasn't just talking about JJ McCarthy. It was the overall product that got to be shocking. I would say, I was like, what are we looking at? What is happening?
Speaker 2: Yep? It was tough tough watch, yeah about it?
Speaker 4: So again, can it get worse? If Rose Mug isn't good, I don't know if it can get worse.
Speaker 5: That second half was as bad as it can not get worse than that, Like the Miles price, you know, it's just like everything that could fall apart fell apart. I hope it cannot get any worse than that.
Speaker 12: You always hear that for rookie quarterbacks especially, the game has to slow down or something. And you know what was hard to watch a lot of times because they seemed to be having trouble making a decision figure out I was going concussion can be part of that, Like part of what we might have seen in that second half could be him dealing with some things that was, you know, things were not clicking as well in his brain as he wanted wanted things to click.
Speaker 3: But yes, it's been that.
Speaker 12: It hasn't just been that half either, It's been you know, that's been a deteriorating situation.
Speaker 4: So do you remember when he was the Offensive player of the week in Week one? We were going to start a parade on Tuesday Show. After that game, we were like, we got it. There we go, We're gonna win fifty five games. This that feels like fifty five years ago.
Speaker 2: Yes, man, things are not quite the same as after that fourth quarter.
Speaker 7: And then he looked terrible against Atlanta. And wasn't he hurt in the Atlanta game?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 2: Came out of the Atlanta game hurt.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Did any of you watch a decent amount of him at Michigan?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 2: Cal him down, I meant him. Yeah. On the field, he was great.
Speaker 7: On the field, he was great because this isn't a shot at him, but the shot at him coming out of the drafts.
Speaker 3: He didn't throw enough.
Speaker 7: But that offense was so good and Harbaugh, even in the pros now loves to run the ball, and they were so dominant that he would have to make like four or five clutch throws a game, but he.
Speaker 2: Did, and he did.
Speaker 5: That's and decisions correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah they weren't.
Speaker 7: They went fifteen and oh they beat some really they beat Washington and Alabama that year when they won the championship, who were both great football teams.
Speaker 5: So it wasn't just like you say, well, he was a game manager quarterback. He handed the ball off to great running backs. He was much more than that, right, JJ McCarthy was. He maybe didn't throw all the time, but to your points us, he made clutch throws when he had to. He made quick decisions.
Speaker 3: He won a national championship.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, you don't just fall into that, No, fresh doesn't always, you know. Trans It's like the weirdest part about all of this is he's gotten worse. Like he was outstanding in that first that fourth quarter of the first game, he was terrible against the Falcons, and he's just regressed. That's that's probably the most glaring thing is they run these like simple plays for him in the game against the Packers on Sunday, and he gets sacked or he holds onto the ball too long, or he sails the throw. And you know, it is tough when Micah Parsons is almost in the backfield and every play but like, you gotta make some throws, you gotta throw the ball, and he would just hang on to it a lot of the time.
Speaker 1: I look at the text, I just s't you, guys, this is a picture that I just copied from a story from Alec Alec Lewis and the Athletic. That's a picture of Max Brosmer. Look at that, that stance of him throwing the ball right there. Everybody who's looking at it right here. Everything we've heard complaining about JJ, that's the exact opposite in that picture. Look at where his arm is, Look where his his shoulders a little bit above the other shoulder, where his eyes are, where his arm's at, all of that stuff. Maybe the mechanics are just substantially better with Max Brosmer already, you know. Maybe they're you know, intangibles obviously that JJ that Max will never have, But just as far as fundamentals, maybe maybe he's a step ahead because he doesn't have to relearn so much or learn things for the first time that JJ's had to learn from this coaching staff.
Speaker 2: You don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe he's just swimming.
Speaker 1: Maybe, yeah, maybe it's the well yeah, Rona.
Speaker 5: Said just a minute ago, the game has to slow down, and it feels like the game is speeding up every week, and that's probably not Yeah, you want to go in.
Speaker 7: The weird part too, though. There are a lot of people who do this on social media. Everybody does it right where they after the game, they watch it and they post a bunch of clips. There are multiple clips where Justin Jefferson is wide open, Addison is is his route is going to break off and he's going to be open, and there's no anticipation and he dumps it down to Hawkinson kind of in like a panic. The coaching, the coaching made. There are people who are saying, well, it might be the coaching. The game plan that they put together when you watch it from a from a different angle, is mostly there. We saw that against this last Sam Darnold game. Those players were wide open and Sam just got destroyed behind the offensive line and just couldn't get him the ball. The game plan sometimes is there. They just he just can't execute. He's he's gun shy, is what is what I'm seeing.
Speaker 3: Thank you for your honesty. You're welcome.
Speaker 1: I didn't do a good job making my point. I mean imagine that we that if you're JJ McCarthy, you've got to learn the entire offense right, but you also have to learn where your feet need to be, where your shoulders need to be, where your eyes need to be, where your hands need to be. And now you're Max Brosmer and you've already got those other things taken care of.
Speaker 2: You have to do learn the playbook, you know.
Speaker 6: What I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, starting at zero, JJ is starting at negative five.
Speaker 5: Ye yeah, yes, that's why is JJ a negative five? Did he have terrible form in college?
Speaker 2: See, that's the thing that's fascinating. Did he not have a year year to work on it a personal quarterback coach since the time he was in sixth grade? He did? That's the thing I don't understand.
Speaker 7: And if we are seeing this and the people on Twitter are seeing this, why wasn't this something they saw in like mini camp where they were like, maybe it's not there, right, Like we like Diana Rassini and all those people at the Athletic were like, there are reports that it's like they are worried about him. That's why we keep hearing about these quarterbacks. But somebody or a group of people were like, no, we're not bringing somebody in.
Speaker 2: We can fix this.
Speaker 3: This kid's got it.
Speaker 2: And they've looked wrong the six games he's played.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you for your honesty.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, anyway, so they go, Now, let's move on to other things. Here's KOs on our former quarterback.
Speaker 2: I don't know some doctor that sucked for the team.
Speaker 9: Sam has continued on with a lot of the things he did last year for US. You know, they're very explosive. He does a great job, you know, getting the playmakers involved. I think Smith and Jig was one of the best receivers in football. And they've got some good tight ends and between Cooper and they make a trade for another, you know, skill player at the deadline and you just feel, you know, some momentum of that offense and you know they're able to move it as well as anybody in the league.
Speaker 2: They made some moves at the deadline. M Yeah, that's Seattle team.
Speaker 7: If they win that division, which I don't think they will because of the Rams, but if they get to play a home playoff game. That's a tough place to play, Thank you for is it the noise and I mean I've never been there for a football game. You have hawk right, it's a tough place to play.
Speaker 1: Its incredibly loud. It's it's the most loud United States stadium I've ever been in.
Speaker 2: Most loud. It's the twelfth Man, right, they call it the twelfth Man. It's incredible.
Speaker 1: There's an overhang that I mean, it's an open air stadium, but the overhang is all position in a way that you can't believe how loud it is.
Speaker 2: The twelfth Man is also what Tommy volunteers to be.
Speaker 3: Has he heard about the overhang?
Speaker 1: In fact, if there's only ten minutes, asking for more people to show
Speaker 4: Up, Fan five in a second headlines later, Jonathan Grenard later, this is the power to the morning show on the Fan