Speaker 1: Listen Beaverville. Come on, man, I like the Alaskan pipeline.
Speaker 2: Morny lady, gentlemen, and welcome to video Message number twenty nine.
Speaker 3: I'm like a dog in heat.
Speaker 1: I woke up yesterday morning with us three of us to start later, please, I could never know what the day with us Florida. Listen up. The radies just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key. Demograh super duper. That's nice. Fight a go Nito Gay, Yes, boy, that is good news. It is the thirty first and final day of March twenty twenty six. Holy moly, good morning everybody. My name is Chris Hoke, and welcome to your little power Trip morning show. We've got Johnny Bones on his way in. We've got Marny gillardar on her way in, and a cast oho thousands. Let's get her started with some comedy from Brian Reagan. Here we go, ladies and gentlemen. It's a what No, it's a Tuesday, attired Tuesday. That's why I almost said it was Monday. But I feel good. Hope you do too. If not, we're gonna be your audible caffeine. Come on in I'm glad you're here. At some basketball game.
Speaker 4: At halftime, they brought a fan down to the half court line and he made a half court shot and the crowd went nuts, and I was like, wow, what was the prize? And they said the prize was Tater Touts for life. That's a prize. That's a curse I would have missed on purpose. Who wants to deal with that for the rest of their life.
Speaker 1: I don't want to sound like I'm bragging.
Speaker 4: I have enough money to buy tater Tuts.
Speaker 2: For the rest.
Speaker 1: Of my life.
Speaker 4: I got that kind of coin. Sure, I'm lucky. I con surround myself with financial advisors. We spent about a month crunching the numbers, looking at spreadsheets, comparing data, analyzing algorithms. It turns out you need sixty four dollars.
Speaker 1: Good question. The fever side sweet and fetus on your side was a purpose.
Speaker 5: You had the distance under this and in your stray.
Speaker 6: I agree, Zac and Zoe to stop.
Speaker 2: Power Tree Morning Show Final day in March twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: I'm Corey.
Speaker 2: That's Chris, there's Paul, there's Zachary.
Speaker 1: Bonus will be here shortly.
Speaker 2: Then he's going to Vegas and lucky son of a bitch, It is Vegas week unofficially on the Power Trib Morning show, because Bonus is going, Tommy is going, Zach is going. Chris, I really thought you were going, like two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: I gotta go to Duluth, man, Man, I know I would love to. I get to go to the work, how about that. But but I would love to. I would love to.
Speaker 2: What are you going ahead?
Speaker 1: We at the last weekend of snow Cross Baby. Oh hell yeah. I got a speech in red Wing today, I got getting ready for shows next week with rehearsals, and I got the Luke this weekend. So it's a busy week. But I would love to. Look bastards. I know they're lucky bastards.
Speaker 2: Do we actually think Bonus is going well?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean you think he just keeps telling them.
Speaker 1: I mean we we know him well enough to know that this is the kind of thing he would do.
Speaker 2: Yes, go to Vegas on a whim for sports, That's what he does.
Speaker 1: He's free to do what he wants in the old time. Man. Yeah, good point. Wasn't that a song? Free do it all?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeahs Jesus, who's saying that me, I would say a one hit wonder.
Speaker 1: But I don't even think that song was a was a hit.
Speaker 2: It just was a song that like existed. It wasn't Jesu's whole nas No, that was right here right now. I don't think they sang anything else. You will never get it. No, I don't think I've even heard of the name of the band Junior read and the Soup Dragon. I've never heard of him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not possible that that's the name of that band. That's never I heard that band's name ever. And I am well versed in music.
Speaker 2: That was all of those songs that was on a whole bunch of movie soundtracks. But I don't know if I ever heard it on the radio. It was just in movie movies for like about a full decade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sort of like she Don't Eat Meat, which is from myself what I read? Right?
Speaker 3: Who's that by.
Speaker 1: Down't Eat Me?
Speaker 3: My God?
Speaker 1: Like the Mountain what are You doing?
Speaker 2: That was like so God. That had a weird name too.
Speaker 3: Ye three words the Mills. The song is New Age Girl, the band is two words.
Speaker 1: It's Dinas Jr. No No hold on New Age Girl, Dead Eye Dick. Yes, that's it. That's right, that's right, that's right. She got tell me watch her lot. She like, yeah, she don't eat meat.
Speaker 2: I mean, how short a meeting do you have if you're the band that says we need a name. Yeah, and one guy says, well, what if we just call ourselves Dead Eye Dick. Meeting adjourned? Yeah, goodbye, dude.
Speaker 1: I can't believe it. Nobody trademarked already. Somebody's already got that. Paul mccartny didn't do that.
Speaker 2: No, No, he went with wings. So I think it's available. Wait are we going to voter?
Speaker 1: Is there's no vote? He needed that?
Speaker 2: Uh printed I guess, yes, I guess Dead Eye Dick's at first have on Friday.
Speaker 3: I can't say it.
Speaker 1: Another moment didn't tell me you get this thing? Trademark Dead Dick? Yeh man.
Speaker 2: I well, the only other choice was whatever it was, uh Julius Reid and the Soup Dragons or whatever they hell that. So it's either that or what was the name of that other one? So it doesn't matter who cares?
Speaker 1: I kid, you know, And that's so truth. I was down in Saint Paul on Saturday, couldn't find my car for forty five minutes. But I remember the name of that band.
Speaker 2: Right, true story.
Speaker 1: Couldn't find your car, couldn't. I forgot where I parked. I had to park a million, gazillion miles away and it took me forever to find it. I'm an idiot. I should have dropped my pen, but that's okay. I got to wander around Saint Paul, which is a beautiful city.
Speaker 2: It is, it really is.
Speaker 1: Some was going down. It was beautiful as a good day, and I got to wander around and think to myself, it'd be fun to live down here. It'd be fun. Yeah, to make I met I met my my wife and my kiddo and her friend at m.
Speaker 2: O A yesterday, right right right after work. I park in the same spot every time on the East ramp, either Indiana or Florida. Right, So it's and now there's an antie An's on both floors, on the third and the second floor, so it doesn't even matter what floor I exit. I can get pretzels on the way out. Why wouldn't you go to both?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Uh So the wife shows up and we're leaving a couple hours later, and I'm like, I'm going this way. Where are you going? She's like, I parked somewhere over there, and I'm like, oh boy, I'm like I already I can feel it. I'm like, I'm gonna walk to my car. I'm gonna be halfway home, and she's gonna send me a text going I don't know which ramp I'm in, and she didn't, but I can see the look on her face going like I don't know which way's the ramp.
Speaker 1: I'm like, how do you not know which way they are? Oh? Man?
Speaker 2: And of course she parked on the other side and whatever, she found it, and I'm just like, this is gonna be one of those stories.
Speaker 1: Was her purse on top of her car.
Speaker 2: She left it on the roller coaster and she just thought nobody would take it if we left it there for a couple of hours.
Speaker 1: Well that's nice. Yeah, it just took up a seat. Yeah, it's all right. I love them. Away that was fun yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm away sweet.
Speaker 1: They sell everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's great on the weekdays because the lines for the riots aren't that long, so the kiddos can just go, go go, you know what, I hold to go during the week.
Speaker 1: I hope I can go to Mall of America. Maybe I'm way home from red Wing today. I'll go buy Mall of America and I'll buy myself a dead Eyed Dick shirt. Yeah, I don't think they have those at hot tops.
Speaker 2: To slipknot, you're not getting a dead shite Dick shirt and a lot of there's a lot of tool.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of tool, not a lot of dead eyed Dick.
Speaker 2: A lot of TOOLO oh man eBay fifty four dollars because it's the only one, last one.
Speaker 1: Everybody wants it.
Speaker 3: Wow, This Testament t shirts twenty five bucks. You like Testament, don't you know?
Speaker 1: I do? Man, but they ain't got no show to Maye. You don't like to bow? Whatever the hell that dumb song? I got a new ride a bike.
Speaker 2: When a background singer just asks you questions to keep the lyrics.
Speaker 1: It's like a Shakespearean playing.
Speaker 2: It's like that bit from The Tonight Show where Will Ferrell's in the audience asking Jimmy Fallon about journeys exactly the journey song. That's such a good bit. That's a great trying to.
Speaker 1: Tell a joke. I got a new age girl, tell me what she's like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we get through the stop yelling common. How much crowd work do you do?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Good question, I do a little. I answer the question. Please, I do a little.
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially if like anytime people get up, which is a lot during some of my sets.
Speaker 2: I I don't mean like just commenting on people like leaving. I mean, do you ever go like Sarah, what's your name? What do you do for work?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: But with no you ever do that bit?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: But like there's a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Every once in a while, somebody will sit front row and just stare at their phone because they're there with like their lover and they hate it and.
Speaker 2: They hate it, and I'll be like, you know what, Hey, but you got their ten or fifteen dollars or whatever you charged.
Speaker 3: I normally I'm like, you know what, I most comics would be mad. I'm not a comic, but most people would be mad if you were texting during their show. But I deserve that. I deserve you texting during Sure karma is a bitch. Yeah, so what I do if I were next time?
Speaker 1: You do that? Yeah, you can steal this idea, you can take this. Okay, this is brilliant. Are you ready? I just came up with the brilliant idea, and I remember dead Eye Dick's name. Yep, you ready. Next time you see somebody texting, you should tell everybody what they're actually texting and make it very complimentary towards yourself. Oh, I see your texting, sir. I know what you're texting. I can see it from here. This guy's f word great.
Speaker 3: That's brilliant.
Speaker 1: Head is perfectly shaped.
Speaker 2: Perfect, it's pristine.
Speaker 1: And I can see the bulge of his veiny peen through his pants. I can see it.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have a dead idea. I think you're reading your own text. Yeah, I think he's practicing for his speech today.
Speaker 1: You should be here. Love, love you mom. Speaking of your giant head.
Speaker 2: How about how many people that commented on the steam Steve Lombardosi picture by basically going, Jesus Christ, that's the before picture. Basically like you know, little Sauce has no idea how big that's out of a bitch is gonna get. Yeah, there was some mean comments on what there was mean comments on now come on, they weren't supportive and uplifting and very happy for you meeting a world series legend. Yes, somewhere somewhere.
Speaker 3: But then like, because of my guy Chris Hockey, you know, you kind of dig deep a little into somebody who's like super mean. One guy was like really mean. Yeah, it's like his picture of him and his family and his family's hideous. And then like he like you look him up a little. You're like you do, Oh, okay, I'm sure your boss would like, like, you leave too much information.
Speaker 1: Out there, and then they think they can't be found. Yeah, everybody can be found. I got sure. It's twenty five bucks a month, but I can find it in your boss an email that I do that. One guy ever respond oh no, he was just kidding. Oh and he didn't want me to email his principal.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, one of those one of those really supportive teachers.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then the one guy goes, I can't believe you. What do they call it when you when you when you've tracked him down, they call it.
Speaker 2: Uh stocked boxing?
Speaker 1: What is it? Voing, docks doxy that's it? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I docks you. That's right. That means I looked up their information on the internet. That's right. I sure did. And one click from now I can show it to everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah. By the way, back to crowd work for a second. There are a handful of comedians on Instagram that are so good at crowd work it kind of makes me sick, like, man, you're good at this, You're just riffing and I don't even know if I want to see you do stand up because your crowd work is so good. Then there's the ones that are like half and half where they're stand ups solid but not great, and their crowd work is just tread and water.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 2: It's like, so what do you do for work? Oh, lawyer? Oh yeah, how long you been a lawyer?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Goodness, six years? And they just keep asking questions and you can see the wheels spinning and you're like, you've been fishing for forty five seconds, buddy, and you've got nothing you got. And then there's other guys it's like all they have to do is look out in the crowd and it's like they wrote an hour of stand up in ten seconds, Like, man, how do you do that? So I know, crowd work is taking over the world of comedy. And sometimes it's the cheap way or the easy way, But when it's done right. It's kind of unbelievable. It's essentially improv not even essentially it's improv. You have to make a whole crowd laugh and want to pay for you to just riff, yeah, right in front of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's tough. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And if you're if you're bad at it, like you said, you eventually just it just it just dies.
Speaker 1: And then the momentum dies and all that. It feels like they forgot that they had to do stand up that night exactly. Yeah, yep.
Speaker 2: Oh, they have nothing planning their meat, saucing their meat, saucing it. And I'm sitting there texting in the front road, going this, this guy's got nothing.
Speaker 1: This guy is a beautiful head though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or Ainy Wiener, what did you say exactly what I as a combination of the Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Bonus already in Vegas. No, he just on us.
Speaker 2: He's probably maybe we're going to roll in his carry on and just to taunt us.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe he is not really going. Maybe you're right, maybe he's not going.
Speaker 2: No he is. I believe him. I believe I want to believe Yeah, okay, crowd work, Hey, bonus, he's not here yet. You know, you can't really ask him like what do you do for work?
Speaker 3: Or are you what he does?
Speaker 1: Man? Ask him where he got that shirt, no matter what it is, because that always sounds like a shot, even if it's not.
Speaker 2: Then just see where it goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, where'd you get that shirt? And then when he said whatever he says Coles, Oh yeah, you can tell no matter what he says, all right, it's not gonna be a shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can riff with Bony. Yeah, hey, do you know our our dairy queen hall yesterday sparked sparked a debate. I heard a little bit evaded uncommon and uh with antennabe. But I dropped my energy drink off this morning in the fridge, right, yeah, it's about half of the dairy queen is gone. And there was the debate about once it goes into the community fridge, if it does not have a note, is it up for grabs or should there be questions asked like, hey, does anybody know where all this dairy queen is going? Is it for something?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And it sounds like the consensus was if there isn't a note, if there isn't a name, it's a free for all.
Speaker 3: I would agree, Yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just wonder if we had put a note on it, if it would have been ignored.
Speaker 1: By some people. Maybe most those people don't work here anymore though. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: Most of it's still there left. I didn't check. I think it is. I think it is.
Speaker 1: That sounds real good. I'm gonna have a piece of that right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, with some ys have ice cream for Let's have ice cream before six o'clock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, let's do it, right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wasn't going to, but you talked me into it. Say it's like crowd work. Let's said, why don't we have ice cream? And I'm like, that's right, you're right, Yeah, you're ice cream at five forty six in the morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Get the breakfasted champions. Hell yeah, man, all right, John Bonus will be here with his boarding pass. He'll rub it in our faces. Martie Gelliner lay, this is the Power Trip morning show on the fan.
Speaker 1: She don't eat me, but she sure likes the Bonus. Hi kids, Hi bones.
Speaker 7: It's been a long time since I heard the Super Dragons and Dead Eyed Dick. That was the the Zone one oh five lineup. I think back in the day or no, no, this is even five something?
Speaker 1: Yeah Rev one five or k J one oh four or something. Get back in the day. Yeah, late eighties, early nineties. Yep, look at you, Yeah, look at you. I can see you dancing to some dead idea. Of course I dance to dead. Yeah. So we need to know are you really going to Vegas there? Are you fooling us?
Speaker 7: Tell yeah, no, I'm I'm in baby's bag is packed, tiny out of here.
Speaker 1: Let's see. I think we got the three o'clock.
Speaker 2: Flight, lucky Bath.
Speaker 1: I'm good for you, brother.
Speaker 2: Hey, speaking of flights, So I just got a text. I was just telling Christas somebody helped me with this. My kiddo's flying back from Barcelona today. Okay, so she's at the airport. Wow, Barcelona. There are sixty five minutes before takeoff, and she just called my wife and said they sold our seats and they were on time to the gate. But they said anybody that's not there fifty minutes before takeoff counts as a no show. Geese, How is that a thing? How do they even know that you're there if you're through the gate, like.
Speaker 7: If you're well It's a good reminder for me because I am going is this Ryanair?
Speaker 2: I don't even know where they're flying back? But so but what so now they have to stay in Amsterdam for like a significantly longer time, like half the day.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: So they're gonna they're gonna land like seven hours later than they were scheduled too, not at the end of the world, but like they're at the airport, they're on time. What do you what do you mean they sold their seats?
Speaker 1: Weird?
Speaker 2: How does that work?
Speaker 1: So that where you find too, she's not She's got.
Speaker 2: Barcelona to Amsterdam, Amsterdam to mannyeat.
Speaker 1: Yes, I got you, got you, okay, okay, that's why Amsterdam got you. Okay.
Speaker 2: I just don't understand. What do you mean they sold the seats?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry? So is she still in Barcelona or is she in Amsterdam? Uh, she's in Barcelona.
Speaker 7: But because she's gonna be late, she's gonna miss her connecting flight and Dan Amsterdam lone something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, either way, what I just don't understand.
Speaker 1: That's odd.
Speaker 3: And normally, if you're fine, like internationally, you get there like four hours early.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they were early enough that's sober an hour before they took off.
Speaker 1: It should show once they check in.
Speaker 2: Exactly that they're in the airport. Totally agree. I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Anybody else here been to Barcelona.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, I am not either, because that was where we were supposed to be going when I got COVID and my mom died and that miserable trip that we hadticipade right after Dublin.
Speaker 2: Some people would just power through. But whatever, right, But at least we got Carlos Korea.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's right, that's what we did. Get Carlos Carea doing that. We're going there in two months. And the Cigaretta Familia, which is the cathedral there that is being built by has been built for one hundred and fifty years, is apparently being inaugurated like the week later. It's been this, it's been this ongoing arca. Barcelona is known for its architecture by this specific architect named Goudi and.
Speaker 1: Gau d I.
Speaker 7: As as much as I basically learned about this like last week, because we're going to Barcelona and they've been working on his His architecture is throughout the city. It is a national treasure because he's originally from there, and they're sort of like the Texas of Spain, Like they don't they think of themselves as very independent from the rest of Spain, and so this guy's architecture reflects their national spirit. And his big thing was this cathedral, which has been worked on for one hundred years after his death, and one hundred June tenth is the one hundredth year after his death of his death anniversary of his death, and they're basically opening up the last part of that cathedral.
Speaker 2: That part's tricky though, because unless they're following his design to the t.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, if I died tomorrow.
Speaker 2: And somebody said meat Sauce is going to finish version seven of Initials, please don't. There's going to be so many grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.
Speaker 1: Let somebody else do it. It's out of his control.
Speaker 2: Back to Zach's theory about once you're getting he's not wrong, then it doesn't really matter. Yeah, fair, I mean, I won't care, but you know my family might care that Initials Version.
Speaker 1: Seven is trashed. His Sauces at the helm. Let's get a move on, lazy asses and fifty.
Speaker 2: Years, okaty build this thing? Well, so no kidding.
Speaker 7: I would expect especially hard to follow his directions and stuff because his whole architectural theory was like nature doesn't do straight lines, and we shouldn't be building in straight lines.
Speaker 2: So his this guy sounds like a barrel of fun.
Speaker 7: Stuff is organic, looks like it's like it grew out of the ground, basically, sounds like it did. So well, yeah, we're gonna there either about a week beforehand.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool. Yeah, yeah, so I would like I would love to hear about your daughter, she said.
Speaker 2: Rave reviews so far, she says, everybody's relatively nice beat. There's beaches and stuff. There's lots of museums and stuff to see. That's art there. That's all right. Who knows there was some Corgi cafe. We can go get coffee and there's a bunch of Corgis in on. Her and my niece were most pumped for the Corgi cafe. There's no question that was big on their list.
Speaker 1: Christy will want to see the Corgiate cafe. I am full of ideas this morning, but could I throw it out of you? Yeah? Man, if you own a restaurant and you happen to have a rat problem. Rakoto with rats, you just tell people that it's part of the decord and you're serving cheese and they just pet the rats.
Speaker 3: So you do one me, let's do uh, let's do donuts and dodo birds.
Speaker 2: It's not bad, okay, but they're extinct.
Speaker 1: They do rhyme fanatically, this right? I mean, hey, how about.
Speaker 2: How about pancakes?
Speaker 1: And I can't think of an animal about hotcakes and knuckers?
Speaker 2: How about cakes? And you can't think of any animal that starts with P how about not one?
Speaker 3: How about pancakes and parogiska? How about pancakes?
Speaker 2: There you go, Yeah, you know panda has the first three letters of pancakes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are right. I'd be sw I go to a pancake with a panda? Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 2: What are the animals that have chlamydia?
Speaker 1: Lawyer Lambert's he does now, he doesn't know yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like two thirds of the Lambert family, poor Lawyer Lambert.
Speaker 1: Nothing a shotcake.
Speaker 3: Yesterday I got a text from my cousin. That's every time I see her name come up, I.
Speaker 1: Go, oh, no, you figure.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One of her coworkers is like your cousin's co workers in love with you.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, no, it wasn't that.
Speaker 3: Uh, Papa liked a picture of a very inappropriate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh was that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Oh yeah, I'm like twenty two year old. Yeah, he liked it, and there was something, yeah, graphics.
Speaker 2: She said, the greatest thing of all time would be just out of nowhere, sight unseen. Sauce gets a text from his cousin and it's just a photo of her and Chris on a beach with engagement rings. There's no heads up, there's no like we've been dating for three months.
Speaker 1: She just sends Sauce a picture of the.
Speaker 2: Two of you engaged, so good, and there's Papa with his arm around here exactly because obviously you asked for his permission. You're you're, you know, a traditionalist, that's what I am.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh pop.
Speaker 2: Your stepdad can't if you're not stepdad. Sorry, father in law. I hope he's not your stepdad. What's the caption?
Speaker 1: Said?
Speaker 2: I didn't even look at that when you.
Speaker 1: Showed it to Oh my god, and he loves it. There's Papa and so he likes small boobs and hairless things.
Speaker 2: Now, come on, it really likes papa.
Speaker 1: Oh, Johnny Bones, you know what. You're never too old to be horny, brother.
Speaker 2: Even if you've been building a cathedral for one hundred and fifty years.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, let's get it on, guys. Jesus getting bad by the hour over there? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Are you more excited for Las Vegas or Barcelona?
Speaker 1: Come on, be honest, now, I'm more excited for I know, I like you. You areso.
Speaker 2: We've lost to the mouse he likes Disney more than Vegas.
Speaker 1: But we have not lost.
Speaker 2: We have not lost John Bonus yet, not yet.
Speaker 1: Daddy Be's bones. Yes, sir, baseball season, yes it is. How's it going for you? Good? Fine for me? Yeah? Yeah, yeah right.
Speaker 7: We had a great Twins daily party the old for the opening day, and we got it one for the home opener.
Speaker 1: We got a pre game watch party the home opener. It's twice you haven't been down target field yet. Today I will be a target field. That right taste of the Twins is today is that today we get to taste all of the new ballpark foods and such.
Speaker 2: It's a day that will live in power tripping for me because what I don't know pre COVID right, pre cod this was like I don't know seven, eight, nine years ago, Sauce went down to the Taste of the Twins. It was like eleven eleven thirty in the morning and he was walking around the concourse tasting all the food. And at about eleven in the morning, his fit bit or whatever he had at the time, his you know, his steps tracker said, you just broke your personal record. And it was like eleven in the morning, it was halfway. The fact that he walked around to eat food was what made him break his personal record. Yeah, true story. Yeah, it's funny. I wasn't invited this year. I wonder why you don't think they, you know, deserve to give you some free food. You don't deserve that. No, I do not Front Paid Sports after this with Johnny Bones. This is the power to Monty two on the fan.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get right to it because we are your sports leader.
Speaker 3: Time now for front Paid Sports presented by Holidays Station Stores.
Speaker 2: Allday Station Stores Limited time. Red Bull two for six dollars or three for eight fifty Mix and Maxine flavors. You want a red Bull at Holiday?
Speaker 1: Hell?
Speaker 3: Yeah, make up Holiday's the best Red Bull Whales. It's all good. Let's see the Vegas special Red Bull and something. Yeah, yeah, bonus, it was your idea. I wanted where are you staying?
Speaker 2: It is a good idea, Jim, Oh yeah, because that's where the game is.
Speaker 1: The game is at MGM Grand Arena or whatever. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We MGM is one of those spots as well, that you might just walk down to the lobby to get coffee and you might break your personal record for steps.
Speaker 1: In the Vegas It is true.
Speaker 2: At Casino Slash Hotel is massive.
Speaker 1: You can me big. That's fine.
Speaker 2: A lot of steps there. All right, let's just start with Vegas since you're headed there. In Vegas is on all of our minds because we are missing out. It's not even the fear of missing out. We're missing out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did it.
Speaker 2: Las Vegas will now officially host Super Bowl sixty three in twenty twenty nine. They announced that yesterday. It also hosted it just five years ago, and I guess from twenty twenty nine in twenty twenty four, so it'll be a five year gap and I don't think we'll see the last of this the every four or five six years in Vegas. So it'll be in Inglewood, California this year. Atlanta next year and then Vegas in twenty twenty nine.
Speaker 7: Nice anywhere on us in the draft? When does that? When do they get it out? Good point, don't know. It should be soon, you think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what Seaffert said in his original post. Should be soon. They like to do these things two years out from the event. So the draft is three weeks from Thursday, so we should know before the NFL Draft this year.
Speaker 2: The Kansas City Royals beat the Twins three to one. The Twins mustard just four hits, one of them a solo home run by Walner SWR Win five innings, five hits, two runs, two k's, and gave up a home run. Look it up on your phone. Casey had two home runs. One was a solo shout, one was a two run home run. Twins are one and three, Royals are two and two. That was Casey's home opener. Sellout crowd Johnny Bones of thirty nine and twenty and eighty five degrees at first pitch.
Speaker 7: And it's about to get crummy there too, just like you is here. The last game of the series, I think is in some some a little bit of question.
Speaker 1: We'll see.
Speaker 7: The offense, you know, we didn't expect the offense to be good. It is not surprising us. We has not been a pleasant surprise. The bullpen has been a little bit of a pleasant surprise. It seems to be holding up fairly well for now. But they've only had a lead in Game two, and they held that lead in Game two. But they haven't made things a lot worse in general. So, yeah, it's the beginning of the season. They get back on Friday. Friday will be the home opener, and then they start. They've got a lot of games here in April, so let's hope for good weather here in April.
Speaker 2: So again, Twins off today, Game two, INKC tomorrow at six forty, that's.
Speaker 1: Right, and then an afternoon game on Thursday.
Speaker 2: John, If you get this wrong, it's embarrassing because you have a baseball related website.
Speaker 3: Actually multiple multiple as a possible this website.
Speaker 2: The baseball season is what six days old because it started last Wednesday. There is only one winless team left in MLB. Oh, boy, name the only four team in Major League Baseball?
Speaker 1: Boy, I've got no idea, isn't it the Twins? No? They one game two?
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're well, let's go with the Tampa Race incorrect.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes again, I think gets twenty eight more times. You can do this. You got this, brother?
Speaker 2: Uh No, there's a theme. There's a theme here.
Speaker 1: Dairy queen, no stone, we're eating it. But no raccoons restaurants. No, not raccoons restaurants.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: Are you stoned? Yeah? Oh you're dying. Nah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not Kansas City, Pittsburgh much like you. You're not in Vegas yet, but you will be.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Oh the a's, The a's are zero and four.
Speaker 1: Got it? Well? Good because I picked the under on them. They don't until they get to Vegas.
Speaker 2: They don't care.
Speaker 3: No, why do they care?
Speaker 2: Like we're playing in so yeah Town Stadium, Sacramento, hideous. Let's just get out of here. So they're gonna go, oh in one sixty two, and then they'll play in Vegas in like what two years? Three years? Yere tod they open up in Vegas twenty seven or twenty years.
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: It's like twenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They they broke ground. They broken ground.
Speaker 7: It's right across It's where the Tropic Cando was. It's right across the street. Right there is construction going on on that site. It looks like they are building something as of November when I was last there. I will guess I will see it again in about twelve hours. But you know, I don't even really know if like the financing for it is you know, rock solid. I just don't know how much of it is real until it's actually built. So we'll see as the wind they'll get me there, I don't know. I don't even really know what the plan is, what the proposed or what they claim to be.
Speaker 1: Got a plan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it'll be cool though, it'll be sweet because it'll be one of those bits where like when your team's there, you'll want to go. That's what they pushing on. And but if Corey, as.
Speaker 3: You always said, with the Las Vegas Hockey team, that's their team. This is an expansion bit, so like it'll be cool for a little bit, but fans of other teams, it'll be a destination.
Speaker 1: It's got to be an indoor park, right, it's got to be a real track thirty.
Speaker 3: Five in August when Corey goes out there exactly.
Speaker 7: The Saints, by the way, are going to Las Vegas this year, want to play the Triple A team.
Speaker 2: Well, we have to cover that.
Speaker 7: That is the I will tell you it is the second weekend of May. You guys will want to and I think it's May fifth to the tenth. The Saints are going to be out there. So what's the name of the Triple A team? Hawk Saints, No, the Las Vegas team.
Speaker 1: Oh, the Las Vegas Sea Words.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you nailed it. It's the Las Vegas Aviators.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: My my Uber driver from a couple of years ago was right that the eight No, not that guy, the other one, that the NBA Arena would be on the other end of the strip, I like left, like Fountain Blue. That makes a lot of sense because if you look at where the stadiums are, t mobiles on that one side down right by you know by New York. New York Allegiance Stadium is off the strip on the other side of the freeway, but that end of the strip, right, this one's going to be on that side of the strip. So all three of those would be on the same end. It kind of makes sense to put the NBA Arena on the far other end, just to spread it out. Otherwise you get all of them on that same side, same end. I should say not side because they would be on opposite sides of Lass's.
Speaker 7: Bullard, but kind of revitalized that end of the strip.
Speaker 2: So the like ex caliber is very full.
Speaker 1: Let's not say things we can't take.
Speaker 2: We don't need another pandemic.
Speaker 1: No, we're all having a good time down Harry, y'all are sucking geez. We're having a good time, having fun, sword fighting. We're swip fight, everybody said me and Bonesy's sighting. We're fighting some sores over here. He's making weird noises and loving it.
Speaker 2: Chris, this is a story that you and your dad will both care about.
Speaker 1: Oh oh well, I hope it's about family and love.
Speaker 2: And you're going to be disappointed. You're going to be disappointed on a lot of accounts. The Minnesota Timberwolves.
Speaker 1: Like your dad, you're going to be disappointed. Yeah, which one of us are you talking to?
Speaker 2: The Minnesota Timberwolves blew out the MAVs one twenty four to ninety four. Good news, bad news, Right? The good news is and is back. Yeah, he played fine. Seventeen points, right, I would assume it was a beast triple double. Eighteen points, fifteen boards, twelve assists. That's fantastic seven wolves and double figures. Again, the MAVs are terrible. They got Cooper flag, but they got a long way to go. They're idiots. They're twenty four and fifty one, so they're they're just building for the future, and they have Cooper to building around.
Speaker 1: You. Guys, don't even give him a.
Speaker 2: Chance, however, and was supposed to start he did not. If the game starts, an ant is nowhere to be found. A couple of minutes later, there he is at the scorers table ready to check in, and everybody goes.
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa? What happened?
Speaker 2: What just happened here? After the game, Chris Finch said nature calls, according to John Krasinski, and was a little more blunt. Ant said quote, I was taken a bleep. Yeah we found bleep ye so and was pretty honest. That's uh, that's what he was doing.
Speaker 1: Started off, man, No, you can't got it? Yeah, man.
Speaker 7: Some of that text makes in Dallas does not necessarily decide.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it gets to dictating showing you coming.
Speaker 2: Here right now, get down sports and right now they're showing him showing up late. And then here's Chris Finch going and nature nah keeps ringing. If you don't do what Ann did, then you have to fake an injury and get wheelchair back to the locker room during the NBA Finals because because you cracked your pants, Paul Pierce, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you Paul Pierce's Undy's with some pooh pooh.
Speaker 2: Didn't Parker Fox tell us the story about that that he like crapped his pants at one point during the game, because then we referenced Danny Hurley. Yeah, Danny Hurley once famously did it as well with Duke.
Speaker 1: John Wayne earlier Bobby Hurley.
Speaker 2: What did I say so Bobby? Bobby played for Duke right, Danny's the Yukon coach. Bobby, he screamingly doesn't win though, good let him have it, man, Ye, let him have it. Man grasped his pants whose probably doesn't happen more often. Yeah, oops, are crap my pants? You're moving around a lot, You're jarring stuff loose.
Speaker 1: I'll drinking a lot of water that helps you? Thanks?
Speaker 3: What does?
Speaker 1: You're not wrong? What doesn't hurt? Oh?
Speaker 2: The Wolves are in fifth or a half, a game ahead of sixth place Houston, and they are a game and a half behind fourth place Denver.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what they say, sometimes you gotta go poop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you have Do you have the Jaden McDaniels injury in front of you?
Speaker 1: I think I wrote it down because.
Speaker 2: I would like you to read. He has a bone bruise and what else does he have? He has a bone bruise.
Speaker 1: And an anal abscess.
Speaker 2: Just tell me when you see it, and then I'll hit the drums. Take your time, we got three hours there. You going to ESPN dot com.
Speaker 1: Hold on, just me. I've never seen anyone type slower.
Speaker 3: I don't take a deep breath.
Speaker 1: Please gets a hot Take it like take a hold with Dave. Take it? Okay, you got it? Lord?
Speaker 2: Yes, So Jade McDaniels is week to week. He's got a knee injury. They believe he's gonna be ready for the postseason, but he's weak to week.
Speaker 1: He has a bone bruise and eyes get wide.
Speaker 3: Left knee patella tendy, Uh, tendy, no pathia, tendy, no pathy, tendy, no pathy, tendy.
Speaker 1: Hey, do you want chicken strips? You want to go on a hike?
Speaker 3: Tendy, no pathy, tendy I no pathy, I tendy pathy, tend I don't know know what I look like a doctor? Are you gonna talk?
Speaker 1: You do not look like a doctor.
Speaker 3: Tendy tend, I nope, athy tenpathy.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Man? Do you thank you? Bonus? How do you say it? I don't know?
Speaker 7: Okay, giving me a bitfit of the doubt.
Speaker 3: There you go, tendinopathy.
Speaker 7: I can't actually see the word you're trying to say. I'm just trying to beat it together here.
Speaker 3: Just lefty patella, tend nopathia.
Speaker 1: Corey provos is apathia.
Speaker 2: No, we'll know what.
Speaker 1: Really matters after this.
Speaker 2: More scores, more stories around the world, the sports Crystal change of life with something that's more industry interesting than tendyopathy. I don't not to say either, but it's not bad. This is the Power Trip Morning show on the Fan.
Speaker 8: The Muss sim Millar Light at Jimmy's and VanNess Heights this Thursday from five to seven. Stop by for a drink, specials games and to register for your final chance when he spot in the Vikings Foundation Golf Tournament. With all the details now at canfan dot com. Make the keyword.
Speaker 1: Golf now Zach, you mean the Muss.
Speaker 8: I just read the copy. I don't know why it says the Musk.
Speaker 1: And there are a lot of must impersonators out there. Yeah, most of them are homeless gentlemen except substitutes. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think John will see a handful of those must impersonators on watching in Las Vegas, either with a boombox or a.
Speaker 1: Guitar or a sign that says God blessed.
Speaker 2: Anything helps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely with a beer.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: At some point in Muss's life, he's gonna wear a Vietnam VET hat and said on one of those bridges.
Speaker 3: Correct, I mean he was almost too stone the one time I almost did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hammered the over. Yeah, it's happening. All right, Let's do more of what really matters, actually, nothing more. Let's start it. What am I talking about?
Speaker 1: This is segment one, segment one of them.
Speaker 2: It is brought to you by the Lasik and Lens, my friends, doctor Mark Lobanoff and doctor David Whiting, great dudes, and they can help you with Lasik. Not just help you, they'll change your life, man, change your life. Your life needs to be changed a Muss, right, Muscles always like, I don't want to win the lottery. It would change me, and we go, yes, please, please win the lottery.
Speaker 7: I just kept my license renewed yesterday and they said do you wear corrective lenses?
Speaker 2: And I went, oh, hey, I don't, right because lasik is nice for lasig and lens. All right, here we go, what do I care about? Well, this is kind of interesting. The bull are not the bull. Sorry, the Browns pulled their proposal. Remember last week we talked about how the Browns wanted to extend how far out you could trade draft picks from three years, which is the current window in the NFL. They wanted to move it out to five years because they thought it would be a more active, engaging and entertaining trade window.
Speaker 1: Sounds dangerous, Well, the NBA's is seven.
Speaker 2: Jesus hot, you knew that, right, So you have fewer to trade in the NBA, though you get versed in the second round as opposed to seven rounds worth of things like, you just have less flexibility. Fair, it's a really good point. So it would have required twenty four of the thirty two teams to vote yes at the owner's meetings, but it's off the table. They pulled it back, so whatever, so we're staying with three. You can only trade three years out. One of the one of the arguments was that the crop of gms is getting younger and they are more aggressive, so it's they want more, you know, basically bullets in the chamber to say, what have we got to do to make big moves?
Speaker 1: And that moment for it or for it?
Speaker 2: Okay, for it that if you let them trade five years out, they have more you know, ammunition to make big moves.
Speaker 1: Correctly, they can trade away all of their successors picks. Sure. What really matters though, is this, Yeah, because I got to know what he's doing. You know, hey, ladies and gentlemen, today is a very special anniversary over in France. It was on the state of what year the d I failed tower open in Paris.
Speaker 2: Spectacular by the way, not overrated at all. It's so cool.
Speaker 1: It's pretty big.
Speaker 3: It's cool. Yeah, the area around it is in need too neat. It's got to be late eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go like eighteen eighty one, eighteen seventy two, eighteen ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Zacho got anything, eighteen seventy, eighteen eighty nine, Man the honoring of the centenary of the French Revolution. Oh that makes sense. Yeah, the French government planned an international exposition announced a design competition for a monument to be built on the Champ de Meos in central Paris. Out of the more than one hundred designs, the centennial committee chose Eiffel's plan of an open lattice wrought iron tower that would reach almost one thousand feet above Paris and be the world's tallest man made structure at the time.
Speaker 2: Spectacular. Yeah, I was there just a handful of months ago, right before I robbed the louver.
Speaker 1: I mean before the louve was robbed. Right, well, said, I'll be seeing the Eiffel Tower later today.
Speaker 2: Oh good, as I like to call it. Got it the one and true only Eiffel Tower.
Speaker 1: I wander down during the next break and look at it in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll talk more about this than about an hour and ten minutes, but during Vikings news. But the Vikings are going to exercise the fifth year option on wide receiver Jordan Addison. So he is now signed through the twenty twenty seven season. So he's going to make two point six million this year, eighteen next year. That's a pretty good jump. Yeah, year five is a home run for first rounders when you get your fifth year option exercise. And of course they can start working on a long term deal if the Vikings want to keep him here long term. But they're extending him through at least the twenty twenty seven season. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm wrong a lot.
Speaker 1: That is correct.
Speaker 2: That has to be.
Speaker 3: The first first round pick they've picked up the first round option on since.
Speaker 2: Darrisaw.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, a good point.
Speaker 3: But this is that's the first quazy pick, right, See he was.
Speaker 2: They definitely didn't on Lewis scene No, and was Addison his second?
Speaker 1: Yeah, first round he was twenty.
Speaker 2: Three, so I mean probably.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Well, good for them, he's good man.
Speaker 2: He's had his numbers decline in all three years though. How about that catches, yards, targets, and touchdowns all career highs in twenty three, they were all lower in twenty four and then rock bottom in twenty five. So he's regressed both years, now, wasn't was it twenty three? He played without Jefferson for a while, I think? So he had ten touchdowns in twenty three, nine and twenty four just three last year, and like I said, it's catches and yards and targets all decreased as well. Now you could this.
Speaker 1: Is pretty easy.
Speaker 2: But I mean you can look at Jefferson's numbers last year and go, well, that wasn't just Jefferson Addison's problem. That's quarterback. Yeah, that's quarterback problem.
Speaker 3: So well, hardly as because they're going to have a huge year this year.
Speaker 1: What really matters, though, is this. I'm gonna guess it's easy for you guys to remember this, but I have a second question, a follow up. It was on the state in what year today? By the way, the thirty first day of much the Matrix was released in thank you, I figured you might know what do you suspect they spent the Waikowski brothers filming the matrix? Which did it cost to make the matrix? Do you believe? Man? That's a lot of tech forty million dollars eighty oh man?
Speaker 2: How big did they swing? I'll say a one hundred million.
Speaker 1: One hundred and twenty only seventy seventy million, which was a lot. I mean in ninety nine, it's a lot, now, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 2: And isn't this the one where Keanu bet big on himself. Ye didn't he take a huge back end deal instead of a lot of upfront money and it paid like hundreds of millions of dollars in dividends, Like I believe that made him like a ridiculously rich person, but by gambling on himself. And of course that was the movie that Will Smith turned down for Wild Wild West talk loss from of the all time worst movies, and The Matrix the first look. The Matrix series in general, even two and three have their moments of like, man, this is really cool, or that's a really cool fight scene, or this or that. Sure, but much like Jordan addison three year career, it regresses. The first Matrix is fantastic. It's mind blowing, it's awesome, and it is hard to tell people that watch it for the first time how much of a game changer that was. Sometimes when you watch the first Star Wars and you hear everybody that saw Star Wars in the theaters that we had never seen anything like this, and you look back and you go, yeah, I mean it's a little cheesy, but you understand that well, but it had never been seen before. That's the same thing with the Matrix, A lot of those bullet tricks and the slow motion stuff and the bending of time and space. You're like, we just never seen anything like that. Super fun.
Speaker 3: He this is AI, So take it what you want. Keanu Reeves secured a massive deal for the Matrix sequels, earning an estimated two hundred million plus, but famously gave up or gave away roughly seventy five million of his back end profits to special effects and costume teams.
Speaker 2: Cementing his legacy as one of the nicest guys in the history of Hollywood.
Speaker 1: That's what everybody says.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and everybody says, that's just the case. He's just the nicest guy ever. He's like the last guy you're ever going to find on like a list.
Speaker 3: He took a lower base salary for later films to ensure funds were available for specialized crew members.
Speaker 2: He's just a goat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good for him.
Speaker 2: It's Johnny Utah Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Johnny freaking Utah.
Speaker 7: What's the name of the podcast where they talk about the movie that we've talked about, like.
Speaker 1: Everything went wrong wrong? What went wrong? Two Girls d Cups? Is not the right podcast? Different one that's glooming in the geek. Hey, what do you and I'm guessing it's already happened. What do you think AI is going to think when it sees the matrix? Do you think it's gonna be like? Good idea? Yeah, I see, this makes a lot of sense. Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: Why don't we do that?
Speaker 1: Maybe they did? Maybe that's where we're living right now. Well said, you know what, I'll take a steak and a girl with blonde hair and white dress.
Speaker 2: I mean, isn't that the beauty of a simulation?
Speaker 1: Theory?
Speaker 2: That if this is all a simulation, then who cares? If I'm doing can't change, We can't change anything. If we are just zeros and ones and we are just a matrix anyway, then who cares? There's nothing we can do about. It's not like we can escape the simulation, so let's just enjoy it.
Speaker 7: Well, there's also the and that if you if you're living in a simulation and heading towards living in a simulation, that means you're kind of in a loop the situation.
Speaker 1: And that's the case. What loop are we in? It's interesting? I love this thought. I've thought this before, Johnny Beans, because think about this, if if Neo becomes aware because he's a hacker. Then he becomes the AI of sorts, you know what I mean, because he's living inside the matrix essentially as a non living thing, and he figures it out that he's inside the matrix, so he becomes the artificial new virus. Yes, yeah, crazy.
Speaker 2: And here with an explanation of what Chris just said is the.
Speaker 3: Fans Paul Lambert, No, I was. I was reading the description of it to kind of pick up what you were saying so I could read it like in Layman's terms.
Speaker 1: Rock, I'm talking robots.
Speaker 3: No, I'm literally reading it.
Speaker 2: What do you ask explain what Chris just explained, like make it?
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, in Layman's terms, So we know.
Speaker 2: Right, so the listeners can consume what he was trying to say. Uh, Chris Hockey, Yes, that's a good start. That's who was talking.
Speaker 3: He was talking about a classic film from nineteen ninety nine, not the.
Speaker 2: Matrix really, but he was saying that, like I mean, he was, but that's not the point he was making.
Speaker 1: But go on.
Speaker 3: He was saying that maybe if we know we're in a simulation, but maybe Count of Reeves didn't. Then counter Reeves becomes the virus. Paul, were you listening.
Speaker 5: I call it gero logic and all that and our last bit pure gibbs.
Speaker 2: Paul, do you believe we are currently in a simulation?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you do it? Yeah I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah does Randy? Oh yeah, oh yeah, Randy believes we're in a simulation. He believes in Yeti's and bigfoot mermaids drink ups. Yep, I'm an important basis.
Speaker 1: Least. There's a base on the Moon that we can't get to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this will shock you, but it's a human base though. Yeah, we can't get to. I don't know, only aliens.
Speaker 1: I wish they chop you up and feed the babies with you.
Speaker 2: Oh, but alien babies, not human babies. We don't want human babies being cannibals. I didn't really get the Matrix the first couple of times.
Speaker 3: No, I think I was real stone when I saw it for the first time. I asked my brother a lot of questions, and he was like, I can't go see movies with you anymore. And I don't think we've seen a movie together since.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's a number of people who saw The Matrix the first time. First of all, what percentage were stoned? And second of all, what percentage Like could explain it or got it? Because it's less than fifty percent got it?
Speaker 1: No question, I don't.
Speaker 2: I think I would greatly struggle to explos two and three because it got so convoluted, and I'm like, I don't understand what we're doing here, right, Like you're following the main storyline, but like I'm like, I don't understand who she's supposed to be a metaphor for. I don't get what's happening. It's like, what was the name of the world?
Speaker 1: You what the hell was man Zion? Zion? That's right? All dancing, Yeah, right, that's right.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, I I didn't understand what was happening in two and three.
Speaker 3: I was only at one of them because it had a cool Dave Matthews poll Paul Oakenfold remix, and I was like, I gotta hear it because back then there wasn't YouTube. It was at the end of the movie, and I was pissed because I had to sit through the third one, which is trash.
Speaker 1: You couldn't just wants the soundtrack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, put it that way, Yeah, I could have.
Speaker 1: I wish they'd jerked that thing out of roesophagus and what toilet?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then you have no access to Papa fall. Would you take the red pill or the blue pill? Probably the blue because that's my favorite coche. Could you take like a hundred of them?
Speaker 1: Please? What do you want to be dead? I didn't say that, Mike that, I didn't say that. I would never say that. More of the Power Morning Show after this. I'm the fan.
Speaker 9: Never missed your chance to know what the latest sports news in town, or your chance is to win tickets knowing what's going on all your favorite kfan shows followed Kfan one, Zeroso three in all of our social channels Instagram, TikTok, and x right now, stay connected and follow the sports leader KFA n.
Speaker 1: All right right back to uh what really matters? Or we tell you about things that matter more than you think they would, more than sports.
Speaker 2: Sometimes yep, because what I'm about to say it doesn't matter that much.
Speaker 1: I agree?
Speaker 2: Wow, Tom, was.
Speaker 1: It Kurt Bills? Nope, it was Wemby.
Speaker 2: Wemby had a season high forty one last night and sixteen boards. But the reason why he's making the news and this is kind of a stretch. But it just shows you how dominant this dude is. He had ten points and ten rebounds in his first eight minutes and thirty one seconds on the court. That is the third fastest double double in the play by play era, which goes back to ninety seven ninety eight when they tracked every single play. Geez, so, third fastest double double in the last almost thirty years. The Spurs won one twenty nine to one to fourteen over the Bulls. I want Chris to go first because he's the NBA experts, so he should guess first. Sure, do that, Okay, Chris? In the last twenty seven games? How many wins do.
Speaker 1: The Spurs have in the last twenty seven games? That is correct? Many wins do the Spurs of San Antonio hat?
Speaker 2: Now? I gave you a little bit of a hint because they won last night and I just said it. So it's at least one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, And there's twenty seven games you're.
Speaker 2: Talking about in their last twenty seven games.
Speaker 1: Seven games. I'm gonna guess Corey that it's very high because I know they've been very good. I must say nineteen.
Speaker 2: Jean Johnny Bones twenty two Sauce.
Speaker 3: Twenty five.
Speaker 2: They are twenty five and two wow, let's twenty firs.
Speaker 1: So that we might as well quit. Then? Who got the double double faster.
Speaker 2: Too? Random bigs knows it?
Speaker 3: Were the two people.
Speaker 1: Carol Kaprizov No and Carrie el Wess.
Speaker 3: Who's carry el.
Speaker 1: With She's an actress. She's an actress. I didn't know that. Two o'clock today roses on the station and a week she's an actress.
Speaker 2: You will be on with us live in studio for the Masters.
Speaker 1: Bet won't be awkward at all.
Speaker 2: Because obviously he hates you now.
Speaker 1: He hates me, which is fine. Did he destroy the microwave?
Speaker 2: No, that was Dan Burrero. I heard all about it. Do you hear about this, Johnny Bones?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I guess Barrero put like a coffee in there and it exploded, Yeah, and then left and it just left it.
Speaker 1: He met to fix it with a metal coffee cup or something. No, I think it pretty sure.
Speaker 2: It was a Starbucks cup with a name saying saying Dan on the Saturday, So I think they put that puzzle together relatively Yeah. Yeah, great, criminals cover their tracks. It's part of the reason why I love the idea of a hest is you can't just get like, you don't just get in and get the diamonds. You got to get out and get away with the diamonds without leaving a track.
Speaker 7: Well, to be fair, one of the ways you often cover your tracks with an explosion. Maybe he thought the evidence would all be be destroyed.
Speaker 2: Which is fine if you remove the Starbucks label that says your name on it before the coffee explodes.
Speaker 1: Good point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, if I break into the louver, I don't leave my past that says my name on it, and what time I entered the louver as a guest, right, I make sure to dispose of that well before I go in. And you pay cash, see kids thinking, well, well look at that no digital trail, right, no credit card? Yeah cash cash, can't use cash. Well guess what I don't come in? Oh no, And then the loves like, oh no, jeez, we need your business art critic, maybe I am that art is bad?
Speaker 3: Yeah, look at that hideous such a critique. You've been there, right, hogs. So Ever, you had the world's best blue cheese in Paris, in France.
Speaker 1: It was not good, but it wasn't France, Yeah it was. It was terrible.
Speaker 2: Wait, I thought you said it was great.
Speaker 1: I've had the best blue cheese in my life right here in the state of Minnesota out of a cave. F I wasn't in the cave, but it was brought from said cave. Was delicious. Walls Rex House, he likes cave gs.
Speaker 2: SGA's on us and dear God him, I tripping balls. SGA's on Sports Center right now and he's got sunglasses on and he looks cool, and you could say, no, That's the point is you could say, well, what is he doing wearing sunglasses at a press conference after the game. You're indoors? What are you hearing?
Speaker 1: Body?
Speaker 2: I was playing cards this weekend and my buddy Matt Alexander had really cool sunglasses on, and I go, uh, Matt, nice classes. Where'd you get those? He goes lens Crafters because they were prescripted. I'm like, my point is, whether it's SGA or my buddy Matt over there, I can't pull off sunglasses. I like, I don't know if it's my face shape or my head shape. I don't look good in sunglasses. I'm jealous of people that can. I love I don't think I mean it's preposterous that SGA is wearing them indoors for a postgame press conference. But still, if you walked outside, I'm wearing those exact glasses. He looks pretty cool. Yeah, he's cool, man, He looks cool.
Speaker 7: When you find a pair of sunglasses that makes you look better than you would normally look, that is a prized thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't really have that experience. I can't really. I got to find some sunglasses this summer that make me feel that way, John, That's my goal.
Speaker 7: That's my only good luck goal. And I mean it right about once every twenty years, you find those. I have a pair that make me look good. I have to get wider framed because of a fat face. But yeah, I look good in sunglasses. I wear them a lot. I wear them when I play golf, wear them when I drive him around.
Speaker 1: Somebelievable stuff. For giving me.
Speaker 2: I feel like you listening to Cat and a Hat audio book.
Speaker 1: So you wear I'm sorry you wear them on your face and him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I have to get a larger side.
Speaker 1: Could you do my favorite though? Could you tell me more places you wear them and say them slower because I care so much?
Speaker 2: So you golf with sunglasses. Yeah, you wear them outside because of the sun's outside.
Speaker 1: Do you go ahead? No? So you wear them to golf? Do you do you wear them in the bathroom?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Do you wear them in movies no? Do you wear them as you're driving cars? Yes? Do you wear them as you're riding bicycles riding what by bicycles? No? Do you wear them as you're having sex? Would you wear them on a boat yeah?
Speaker 2: Would you wear them with a goat?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Great stuff, thanks man.
Speaker 3: But people say you shouldn't wear sunglasses when you play golf because it kills your depth perception. That's why you don't see a lot of golfers wearing sunglasses.
Speaker 1: Most people that you goff wild say you should wear a full paper bag over your head. Yeah, but there's no paper bags big enough, so they say you should get a leaf sized trash basic, Yeah, pile.
Speaker 2: Don you claim that Stevie Wonder wears them while he's playing rugby? Yeah, Stevie Wonder is not blind. Mm.
Speaker 3: Shack also believes that. Well, if you and Shack think it, well, thank you. It's about time you agreed with me. I didn't, Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: The Final four is Saturday, we're down to the final four in the Core versus four obviously as well. Number one Arizona versus number one Michigan. Michigan is a one and a half point favorite on DraftKings. I don't know why that surprised me. Again, I just I'm super impressed with Arizona. But I know Michigan blew Tennessee out of the water or whatever as well, but still Michigan's a slight favorite. And then the other game is number two Connecticut versus number three Illinois. Illinois a two and a half point favorite on DraftKings. Go big ten, Yeah, yeah, go Michigan or Arizona. I don't care.
Speaker 3: Just one of those teams winning the hogs Daddy and I scoop cash. And then we have probably half or most of our master's entry because somebody is that's going to get picked a week from tomorrow is going to win it.
Speaker 2: Oh, Johnny Bones, might I might then know you?
Speaker 1: Some money?
Speaker 2: Is that illegal? I need some master's bets? Can you be my my you know whatever? Gambling mule, gambling mule. I don't know if I can or not, but sure.
Speaker 1: Well, then I didn't mean that these laws are so stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gambling's fun. His state's in the.
Speaker 1: Dark ages when it comes to gambling. Oh, this Poor State. It's a children's book I'm working on. Oh really, this poor State. Yeah, it's the main character. Louisiana's never been there. His name is Louis Zianna. That's my son. No, it's not no different Louis. There's more than one Louis in the world. Yeah, it's not all about you. Well, there's only one I care about.
Speaker 2: It's all about lou You don't care about lou Nanny, I mean, not as much as I care about Louis Lambert.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. I would like to read the shuld this book about how we can't gamble in the state.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's h it's a pretty basic book. It's just a kid that goes to school and he doesn't want to learn. He just wants to gamble, and his teacher is pretty hard on him about it. And he's like, how am I supposed to learn how to do probability in math if you don't let me gamble exactly? And they said, just learn it in general, And you're like, what are you talking about? That's the point, what's the point? What's the point? The whole life is probability and risk assessment. That's These are quotes from the book. It's still a little bit of a biography. Autobiography.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's about a car. Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but uh, Zach Elverson just posted a picture of you in sunglasses.
Speaker 1: I think you look great playing poker. Maybe that's photoshop.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I don't think I've ever worn sunglasses playing poker. Zach fought a picture of you photoshops. Say I've never done that. You look great though, if that's the case. And tell me how I can find those AI generated But well they're black. Yeah, they have to be black.
Speaker 8: I mean the side by side on kfe dot com slash watches.
Speaker 2: Let me take a look here, hang out, let me see what your stupid AI slop is this AI slop?
Speaker 1: So I said, Zactly posted it? Not hawk? Look at you? Yeah, let's see this. You you do look?
Speaker 2: Oh, I gotta put up with an ad first, hang.
Speaker 3: On on Twitter.
Speaker 2: On YouTube skip ad.
Speaker 1: You got a faux hawk in that picture too?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Uh, man, I don't know where is that?
Speaker 1: Did you win? Uh? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Those are fine?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Those are fine?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Where do I find those? How do I get those look like ray Bam. You could buy them sunglass Cadillac. Oh, grazy sunglass? Is that even a thing?
Speaker 1: Still?
Speaker 2: Sure? Yeah? But that was years ago.
Speaker 1: That may Yeah, yeah, I believe they have it at the Old Mull of America, which you were at yesterday.
Speaker 2: I didn't see it.
Speaker 1: You should have gone by and buy you some of those sweet glasses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you look bad at I saw about fifteen Boba stores though. That's still gigantic.
Speaker 3: Everybody's drinking bobaba te what's boba?
Speaker 1: It's like tea?
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I don't know. There's like these weird little gel balls in the bottom.
Speaker 1: What the hell is that?
Speaker 2: Looks like fish eggs?
Speaker 1: Get stuck in your straw. I don't know what those are. You gonna need your married problem here? It's wrong? What all right? I gotta get some sunglasses look cool man? Yeah, you need to people. Maybe you'll win a poker game. How can you ever more sunglasses on stage time? Inside? No? Well, I mean I'm sure I have been dranks sometimes. No, No, I would not do that, yeah, unless I was feeling super cool.
Speaker 3: You immediately you have to immediately take your sunglasses off the second you walk in somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we run it, you do because you can't look like a douche. Yeah, but you see them.
Speaker 7: Sometimes people on stage do it because they like to be hidden.
Speaker 1: I know that's a different person like Church likes, you know, he looks he looks cool.
Speaker 3: With the guy from the Dave Matthews band, the saxophone player who passed away.
Speaker 2: He was didn't Slash, didn't Slash tell Stern this something similar? Was that who I'm thinking of? He still wears somebody like that? I think it's Slash wear sunglasses still because they still are, like decades later, they still get stage fright and they basically want to hide behind the sunglass that. Why do I feel like it was Slash? It doesn't matter it was somebody like it was Beetlejuice. Beat stills wear sunglasses because it gets nervous.
Speaker 1: I can't see.
Speaker 2: Poor beat stage.
Speaker 1: I can't see the dark beats talking.
Speaker 2: What really matters is this, Get that right?
Speaker 1: Brother? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Listen to the Holkster.
Speaker 1: Hey, what's your name? Sauce? That sauce, Yes, sir, on what date, on the state of what year do you think Selena the pop star was killed murdered by her fan club president.
Speaker 2: Ninety three.
Speaker 1: But else I'm gonna say ninety six.
Speaker 2: I'll go ninety seven.
Speaker 1: Then I believe it was my birth year ninety five. It was ninety five and now, but that's exactly right. Did you know she was only twenty three? I did, not twenty three years. Oh.
Speaker 2: She had a huge following, but not like mainstream US following, right, Like, I don't think most of us had heard her until she died, you know what I mean. Like she had a I think a giant Latin following, but she didn't have mainstream US.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Marne had the tattoo before she died or not, but I know Marne has a tattoo on her ribs of her Yeah. Selena, Yeah, yeah, the fan club lady killed her. Yeah. I just said that your Ganzo, the leader of the Selena fan club, would hawk. Well, she's dedicated. I'll tell you what. She's not my fans. I'm saying, she's definitely mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Paul, do you have a fan club, Yeah, my mom and.
Speaker 1: My dad and maybe Louis Peter, maybe Louis for now, yeah, and Louis.
Speaker 3: Louis loves me.
Speaker 1: We had a few more years with him and your family. Yeah, I love that little boy. He's he loves you too, Yeah, I love him too. Yeah.
Speaker 3: You also you love a lot of my family members though, No, he likes a lot of.
Speaker 1: Your family's members.
Speaker 3: Wow, Bonus, Vegas Bonus is my favorite play.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Hi Marsie. Morning guys.
Speaker 2: John's going to Vegas. He doesn't care. He's in vacation. Yeah, vacation, and then he's going to Barcelona. He's a world traveler. Are you going to the Australia opener football game?
Speaker 7: No, because the Eagles aren't playing, but if they were, yeah, then we probably would be going.
Speaker 1: She's bonus, you get there. My brother lives in Melbourne.
Speaker 7: We recognized the third time we went to visit him that we visited him every thirteen years and he comes here about every year and a half. I was like, we should probably try to even that out a little bit.
Speaker 1: That's good. Forty nine ers are going there and they're not happy about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah they are, really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they play the opening game. Oh wow, it's Melbourne awesome. Were you just scaring a Susian personality? That's it? What?
Speaker 2: Why don't you understand what he's saying? What's a Susian personality. You don't know sus sus studio.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, he freaking out, Phil Collins. That's a leaf, Phil Amones chailing my inter Phil Martie. Yep, you need to straighten up, not physically.
Speaker 2: Light is a feather stiff as a.
Speaker 1: Board light does a feather? Remember that bit?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Why sound wakes off?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Whoa no?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I mean I don't know what you did in the dark, but should be euphemisms? Well said, wasn't that the uh crap out? I'm sorry, I just wish you'd eat craft macarine cheese.
Speaker 2: I had some yesterday.
Speaker 1: Sleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need a weight loss shot immediately. You honestly did have mac and cheese yesterday. Well, I made it for my lou dog, but I ate most of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one for you, for you, A couple of bites for you.
Speaker 2: You're like, this is how tax is working yet?
Speaker 1: Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Mix it with a little apple sauce, man, little mac and cheese and apple sauce together. Oh that sounds good, So good man, it's so good. Maybe for a baby. I never heard that. Slice up a hot dog. Mix it in there.
Speaker 3: Keep your nuts away from me. Woman, hot Dog Alone
Speaker 2: Money, Gellner and John Bonus are here the news next after this powers you want to